Speaker 1: Check you checky check check check check check check check check to check check glodion check. Here we go scrubbing in with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 1: Scrub dub dub in the tub tub tub.
Speaker 3: You always I thought you're gonna California love.
Speaker 2: No, you always tease us.
Speaker 1: Yeah you never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really never know.
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 2: We're back in Burbank, Burbank.
Speaker 1: I've never heard any even called that.
Speaker 2: She like, yeah, verbunk. Yeah, it sounds like a designer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're back in the Studdio and Marcus here Duddio.
Speaker 1: Hi everybody, Mark, how did you enjoy the Palm Springs episode?
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the Palm Springs episodes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, sure, did you love them?
Speaker 4: I love them?
Speaker 5: I edited them, I chopped them up and that's right. Well that I mean, I miss you guys, always missing I mean, it's always weird to hear the show without me. I'll hear you two having a good time in Palm Springs. But yeah, and bringing it just brought the tea.
Speaker 1: I feel like, what's the first thing we should get to today? Because the amount of uproar. I have seen over the tea spillage.
Speaker 2: Easton brought the tea to Palm Springs.
Speaker 1: I think we could do better than that.
Speaker 3: He had one and it it went away because I waited so long. Yeah, anyways, the piping hot tea was, Oh, I know what it is. The piping hot tea came from Easton's disdain for Nick vv Oh.
Speaker 1: See there we go, we got there, we got there, We're I'm telling you. Everybody was asking about asking me about this, Like I was getting d MS from so many people asking what is Easton's beef with Nick viyal?
Speaker 6: I I too, got a lot of messages about this, and I mean, you know, we got to get downwards one way or another. Right, No, I don't. There's no there's no tea to spill like, there's no like, there's no there's no like secret I'm hiding about Nick. I dislike him on a personal level.
Speaker 1: I know, because the one thing I kept seeing was like, I guess Nick talks a lot of bad bad mouth's iHeart all the time. And they were like Easton's probably such like a proud corporate employee that he gets mad at that. I was like, I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 6: Let's settle this right here. I love I heard Radio Old Heart. I would die for this company. However, however, however, that Nick criticizing I Heart it does not bother me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured, but I wanted to clear that that room.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't like it when he talks about about I Heart podcasts because I take pride in these shows. No, no, I don't know. It's just done a few things over the years that I that would make me not like him. And it's just it's not like I was gonna say, it's not personal thing. It very much is a personal thing.
Speaker 3: Is this something where he could come on and y'all could hash it out and you could call him out on his.
Speaker 6: I mean maybe, no, no, no, no, no, I don't want to cut down this road. I don't do this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go down this road.
Speaker 6: I really don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to like everybody. I know.
Speaker 6: That's that's why I said it is because like it's it's not like I'm not like declaring war on him or anything. I just there's just I just don't I've worked to them a number of times, and I just don't like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think Nick is polarizing, and I think he knows that about himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's admitted it a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't think it's like, I don't think you said anything shocking as much as the fact that was coming from you.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: I think that was the part that people were like Eastern such an angel, and he fiveed up with that jaw dropping sentence and shocked the scrubbing.
Speaker 1: Ours around the nation. Our paging doctor doctor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mom, Springs, it's it's it's a vortext out there.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I tell you, it bring some stuff to the surface, all right, So it's just it is what it is. It's just you don't like him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't have to share private moments, no, no.
Speaker 2: And the vortex did bring up a lot.
Speaker 3: In fact, there was a clip that was shared on social media of Tanya licking her phone of a picture.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would not weird.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Definitely, the man who judgeth is the man who could point it the finger right back at himself.
Speaker 5: I mean, yes, we all do weird things. But I think you have to admit that it's weird, Like I do weird things. We all do weird things, because it's not weird weird.
Speaker 1: To like see a picture of your dog and like kiss your phone.
Speaker 2: That's not what you did.
Speaker 1: I was a little tipsy. It's like the same difference.
Speaker 4: No, it's not, because you do kiss your dog in real life.
Speaker 3: But she said you make out with her day, with her daily. That means you're using tongue.
Speaker 1: I don't use tongue.
Speaker 4: She uses tongue, but you use tongue on your phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that acknowledging something's weird means that I don't do something like me saying that was weird doesn't mean well you do weird things, Like yeah, I do weird things as well.
Speaker 2: But that was also shocking.
Speaker 3: I'm I wish there had been a camera on Allison's vain because she was kind of to the side, like behind Tanya, and she.
Speaker 2: Did the funniest reaction of like interesting. Did anyone else see that?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't meant for anybody to see. It was just a moment, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Luckily the cameras were on and I was watching unfortunately, yeah, witnessed it. Yeah, okay, so the to clear the air, she uses her tongue. Correct, you were tipsy, you were wanting to kiss the phone, but your tongue came out instead.
Speaker 1: I just missed her so much that it was just like, Ah, I used my tongue a lot like in just in just in life, I use my tongue as like a It's like another person, you know, has a life of its own, and so sometimes it just comes out.
Speaker 2: It has wy it does it really? Yeah? Yeah it isn't. It has a life of its own.
Speaker 1: And it has a wave of expressing itself.
Speaker 2: Yes, and not everyone to understand that.
Speaker 1: But some people do.
Speaker 3: And for those that do, I will say, there were kind of you Tanya tots that are like, I'm a proud Tanya tot and this is.
Speaker 4: A little.
Speaker 2: This is a little crazy even for.
Speaker 1: I know. Well, there were some tots out there that did defend me. So too, the tots out there that defended me, I say, thank you.
Speaker 2: They deserve some merger or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they deserve some because they are in it. I just realized my bronzer is like not blended because your forehead. It's pretty whack a doodle up there, but becausen't in person, it doesn't look like that. Okay, great, but yeah.
Speaker 2: You are blotting with printer papers, so.
Speaker 1: You gotta do. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So another thing that happened is we were talking about hall passes and Tanya's tried to get away with not having an answer and not drinking in. Her answer was I wouldn't want a hall pass for either of us. And I'm like, yes, of course we all feel that.
Speaker 1: First of all, that is my truth.
Speaker 5: Okay, but that's not an answer to the question anyway.
Speaker 4: Drink.
Speaker 3: She did drink, but she no, no, no, she she uh quickly picked.
Speaker 2: One and threw out Jenna or takea for Robbie.
Speaker 6: Which is the last celebrity she had seen.
Speaker 2: We weren't sure she was even legal.
Speaker 3: She is of age by two seconds.
Speaker 1: Right, Robbie goes, I don't think you understand how hall passes work. You can't just throw out rand That's not just throwing out a random name that picks up on your phone.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you something. For her hall pass, she chose Harry Styles and it came out off the tongue quick wow. And so his comment was, I get Wednesday Adams and you get Harry Styles.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize the game. I didn't realize the game. But I still wouldn't give him a hall pass. I know who his hall passes. Margot Robbie, Margot Robbie. She's it's a universal thing. And if if the opportunity presented itself, it would be selfish of you not to guess what. I'm selfish if my middle name had something, it's called selfish. Because he ain't getting that hall passed.
Speaker 2: Dang. She locked as she said, you are locked down.
Speaker 1: Put a ring on it, that's it.
Speaker 3: But what about a ring around his necklace? What what about a ring on his necklace?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put a ring locked?
Speaker 2: He walked.
Speaker 1: Everything is once you Once you're locked in, you're locked his finger. Well, we're not married.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he wears he wears her. He got a promise ring.
Speaker 1: Remember that promise ring he gave me years ago.
Speaker 2: That could fit Shrek. It's so large for him. He wears it on his.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he put it. I put it on a chain, and he wears around his net.
Speaker 4: I forget that until I got married.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no, he does not wear it on his finger yet, but he will and he will, oh yes, and it's gonna make his hands so much hotter.
Speaker 2: I do like when, Oh, I do like when a guy has a ring.
Speaker 1: On and those hands with the ring.
Speaker 3: But I remember when I was dating, like when I was in the dating scene and I would be like, oh, that guy so hot, and I'd look in that two ring and be like I hated the rings at that.
Speaker 1: Point, you know, yeah, it's so interesting, but when but now I'm like, wow, that's they make a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, I like a ring on a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it means he's committed. Yeah yeah, not fear of commitment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's proud of his commitment. Correct, the sign of his commitment exactly. We went on a double date on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Labor Day weekend. Did you feel like it was Labor day weekend?
Speaker 3: No, because like I don't really have a job. That's like you know what I'm saying, Like I every day is labor day for me.
Speaker 2: Sure. That's just my truth, speaking of.
Speaker 1: My truth, and no one can take that away from you. No, I can don't even try and take it away from her, please don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I love that truth. But yeah, it was labor Day.
Speaker 3: But did you have something significant to add to that or no labor days?
Speaker 1: Like it's like the unofficial end of summer. It's like a big weekend, you know, it's like Labor Day.
Speaker 3: Well, actually summer lasts for like a few more weeks officially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying about on people.
Speaker 2: In summer after Labor Day. Yeah, do you?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't. You know what's interesting, I don't really feel the seasons.
Speaker 2: We don't because there's no no.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't even feel physically. I just mean mentally because I when you work, it's like when you're working, you're just you're just always working. Summer to me equaled like no school. But I don't have that anymore. So it's just like it all kind.
Speaker 2: Of well, like you went on multiple vacations in the summer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, summer officially ends Sunday, September twenty second, right after the Harbia Music Festival presented by Capital One.
Speaker 3: Whoa thank you for sneaking that in there is that radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so but there is a rule. There is a rule that's been around for a long time. And I think people have started to just kind of ignored. It's not a thing, but we used to like really abide by it, which was the no white after Labor Day rule. So how do you, as a the queen of all white feel about that?
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna I almost wear white jeans too, So I was almost in full white.
Speaker 3: She got her long sleep white shirt and her low her puffer white puffer vest on.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred degrees outside.
Speaker 1: I know, I got a gear up for winter.
Speaker 2: Because what are you gonna wear?
Speaker 1: Water wear bonnets and like scarves.
Speaker 4: You could just wear this year round here, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: Bonnets is really funny.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna wear white. I'm gonna wear white for the next like six to nine months.
Speaker 2: Oh and then you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah after like yeah, I think after I get married, and I might give it a rest for the give it. It's a moment because I was manifesting with the all white and for years like yeah, no, no, no, no, no, about six months, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think there was a I would say a good almost year of you manifesting.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go six months. I'm going to say six months of manifesting.
Speaker 3: All right, six months, but anyway, that's going to be about two years totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so white, it's.
Speaker 1: A gorgeous color.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually the absence of color is yeah.
Speaker 3: Well actually yeah, anyways, yeah, there's no color in black or white.
Speaker 2: Black is absence of color. But it looks great on you.
Speaker 4: Is one of them all colors, and the other one is no color is.
Speaker 6: The absence of color, and white is all interesting white, the entire spectrum.
Speaker 1: Wow, I thought it would be the opposite. You think that, Yeah, more you learn.
Speaker 2: We're always learning, always learning, Yeah, listening and learning. We went on a double date that we did and Robbie.
Speaker 3: Had a really cool shirt on and I was like, WHOA, Robbie's style looks different tonight, Like both Haley and I were we were talking about in the car on the way home because we both noticed it, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, Robbie, I really like your shirt, Like you look really cool.
Speaker 3: And Tanya starts dying laughing, and he's like, thank you, thank you. So you're not into his new style or what's happening.
Speaker 1: No, I love everything, like honestly love everything about him. But he's having this like moment in life where He's just like, I don't want to do the same old thing anymore. I don't want to wear the same old stuff. I don't want to like just go and do what everybody's doing. I want to do stuff a little bit different. Which makes it very interesting to be wedding planning with him because he's like, oh no, yeah, and I'm like, yeah, maybe we just do it a little bit like everyone right now, and then.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, no trends, you're right right, like.
Speaker 1: Cause he's making the logo for wedding and he keeps like coming up with these logos that look like we're having a backyard barbecue, and I'm like, this is our wedding invitation, so let's maybe like ten ten scales above what the rough drafts are looking like. But anyways, he's trying to change up his style a little bit, and he's doing it like slowly but surely, with like bigger shirts and like shorter pans, and I'm like, okay, here we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it looks good. He looks great.
Speaker 1: You can pull it off.
Speaker 2: You can pull it off. I don't know, I would be a little nervous.
Speaker 3: Haley loves a change, like she loves being different too. Really, she went to lactaid sign for her office. We went to an event and there was a Neon Lactaid sign and she wants it for our home and is like, can't you just picture it? And I'm like, literally, no, my house is like muted tones, which I'm not opposed to having a room full of color, you know, like I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I want her to feel like.
Speaker 3: Artistic and creative, and if colors inspire that, I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: But the lactate design has really thrown a spin for Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like it's like if you had neosporin like lit up, it's like advil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of like it personally. I get what she's going for there. I think it's cute, like.
Speaker 3: The thing she loves. She like, she literally is a Lactaid mega.
Speaker 1: Fan, lack taid princess.
Speaker 2: She's a lactaid princess. She's the princess. He's a Carmel Gordon. Yeah, she's the lactose free princess.
Speaker 3: And she like it really is part of her brand, and so she wants her room that she works out of to feel like her brand, like you know, inspire her, and she's inspired by lactate so how.
Speaker 2: That's her truth, I know, and you can't.
Speaker 1: You cannot take her truth away from her. I know. It's a very it's a very interesting and so it's it is funny when stuff like that happens in your relationship and I'm like, are you having a midlife crisis or like what is this? And he's like, no, I think that's more when like you buy like a really crazy sports car to like see He's like, I'm not trying to be younger or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I just DRANKO to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the signs are there really sure, hot little blonde.
Speaker 4: Exactly, that's just might be a component.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, that's just heaven. That's just that's just answered prayers right there.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you that's funny.
Speaker 3: I do want to talk about Well, I want to talk about Mark, where you were while we were gone, And I want to talk about Easton because y'all went on a vacation that wasn't It was a very different vacation that I myself would have. So I'm very interested in hearing more about it. But first we're going to take a break. All right, we're back.
Speaker 2: So Mark, the people wanted to know why we're too in Pump Springs.
Speaker 4: I don't get invited or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I don't get it why.
Speaker 5: I think it's because I think it's a cost cutting thing. That's my Would you have gone, well, yeah, but I think it would be nice to be invited, even though I probably would not be able to go for kid reasons or whatever, but it would be nice to be invited.
Speaker 3: I'm going to remember that because I just have always assumed that you were just like.
Speaker 6: No idea it was going to come.
Speaker 2: I get the wanting to be invited even if I'm not going to come.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes me feel like part of the gang if I say no. But I don't know, I mean it would be nice to go.
Speaker 4: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, this would have been a bad one for you to come to because you would have had to share a bathroom with both And.
Speaker 5: I think Easton has to go because Eastern sets up the equipment. They couldn't do it without Easton. I'm not as crucial to the operation. Well, you know, so I think they're.
Speaker 1: Like bathroom that would have been fine, just fine.
Speaker 4: So we would have all shared a bathroom correct, well, the stars, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I would have had to be like someone would have had to crash Allison in Easton's bathroom, which would.
Speaker 2: Have been traumatic for Allison. So I don't know, I don't know how that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah we would have had Yeah, I don't really know how we would have done that outdoor?
Speaker 2: You up to head down to the Starbucks or something.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, there's time is gonna be flossing her teeth for forty five minutes, but.
Speaker 2: You will, especially if you're in an emergence when.
Speaker 1: You have If anybody has permanent retainers, they can understand that you had to floss with like those easy flosses, so they have to put your floss through a loop, put the loop through, and then go through it with the easy loop because you can't just put the floss through.
Speaker 2: So what do you need for that?
Speaker 1: I need my easy loop and my floss and a little time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so you can. You're saying you could do that anywhere in the home with a mirror.
Speaker 1: Well, ideally I do it over the sink as to spit my plaque into.
Speaker 5: Well, would you move to the different sink when when Becca had to go so bad.
Speaker 1: I know we're the dishes.
Speaker 2: I know it's a repat, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean it sinks a sink, you know.
Speaker 3: It was the learning never it was like, okay, you know when you wants a horror film and they're chasing someone and and they're like fumbling their keys or can't or they.
Speaker 2: Fall and they can't, That's what I was doing. She was trying to put her toothbrush away and it was like falling all over. I was like, get out, and.
Speaker 1: It literally was like I was like shaking. I was like, I felt so much pressure.
Speaker 3: She click clacked away. Well, we missed you, Mark, and the scribbers missed you.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 2: So we'll remember that.
Speaker 3: Though, even though I'll be prepared to be rejected on the invite, I.
Speaker 4: Always want to go.
Speaker 5: I wanted to go to San Francisco so bad for that Giants thing that Vanessa put together for us. I wanted to go to that so bad. So I always want to go. So it was a chance that will make it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 6: That you came to Vegas one time.
Speaker 4: I do stuff, but you.
Speaker 1: Have fun you to that, didn't you have to? For Ryan?
Speaker 4: No, one of the Vegas ones was just for pods.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, Shure.
Speaker 5: I was hanging out with Chad Michael Murray, Chad Michael Murray.
Speaker 4: No, Chad Johnson, No, I's not the bachelor guy.
Speaker 5: Oh in a car with Ben Higgins's Adams and Chad Johnson.
Speaker 2: The guy that was on the.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I liked him though. I thought we hit it off really well. And then it was fun to walk through the hotel with these guys because all the women recognize them and see them and stuff. That's always fun for me to be to witness that.
Speaker 1: Look, I have no ripes against not wanting to be like you have, like Joe Moo, I feel like you have joy. Yeah, so that there's no judgment here.
Speaker 2: Thank you, But I get it.
Speaker 3: I really resonate with this because I have Jomo as well.
Speaker 2: But the invite feels nice.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I had a barbecue over the weekend and I'm just posting photos from it and everybody's dming me did you invite Becca? Did you make sure to invite Becca? Was back invited to this?
Speaker 2: I was like, welcome to my world and idems.
Speaker 1: And I said, yes, she was invited, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tanya did invite me.
Speaker 1: She did not partake.
Speaker 3: No, we we wanted solo time because Haley hadn't seen Tanya Robbie for like literally four months or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we.
Speaker 3: Wanted like double date vibes, and so we did a solo dinner.
Speaker 1: It was cute, though. It was cute. Yeah, I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: We left Antonia Goes, I mean Heley Goes. I really I really missed them. Like that was so much fun.
Speaker 2: We felt the same.
Speaker 1: Way we really did. It was really fun and we actually ran into What's so funny is somehow Robbie became like with this guy that I dated in my past, and it's because we were all out of wedding together and he kind of became like our third wheel that weekend. I don't we were like all stating at the same hotel, like this flight together, light together, both flights there and back, and so anyways, we've hung out with him a couple of times and then he walks behind our our table at the restaurant with a date. And it was just so funny because Robby's.
Speaker 3: Like, ehh, yeah, we found out there will be a third date.
Speaker 2: They were on their second date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sent them over some champagne to really get the juices flowing. Yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 2: Would you like that if someone like?
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually was thinking about this, Okay. I think it's such good even though none of us are dating, so we don't need the karma, but I feel like it's good dating karma to like send that gesture, make him look like, you know, oh, like my friends are so fun and cool, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm you do.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't like that if somebody sent you over a drink?
Speaker 2: No, I would. I always like that, but I don't know that. I don't I've never thought of a mean like karma or anything about it.
Speaker 1: I think it's good dating karma.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If you're single and you know someone, you see somebody out at a bar, like I'm there on a date, like, send them a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless there was someone who wasn't then.
Speaker 1: One of them too. The more the merrier.
Speaker 3: Speaking of, we did a little game where we did everyone has There was four shots and one tequila and we all picked it and then took the shot, and it was a video and people had to guess who got the shot.
Speaker 2: And Easton was like, I'm not doing it. I don't drink and I did.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I do feel bad because sometimes I get so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just wanted you to be apart, but you're like, I'm not drinking.
Speaker 3: I'm like, got it, but I want you to be apart. So we had Easton pour the drinks. He was a ringer, so he knew which one not to grab, and we did the game and.
Speaker 2: Should we do the reveal on who got it? Because I posted the video, Yeah, everyone was right. I think.
Speaker 1: That of people guessed correctly it was.
Speaker 2: Alison. Yeah, all people.
Speaker 6: I saw a lot about kid.
Speaker 3: That was so funny because I think what happened is I took the shot.
Speaker 2: And I was like, do I have it? Do I have it?
Speaker 3: So I held it in my mouth for a second, as if I want to immediately know.
Speaker 2: So people. I think that hesitation fooled people. I wasn't trying to be sneaky.
Speaker 1: I wasn't trying to be sneaky either. I was stressed. I was like, I think I was preparing for the worst.
Speaker 3: But I like that some people still said your name so funny, and I'm glad that we chose you to pour the drinks because if I had poured the drinks, I would.
Speaker 2: Have done for to kill. So then everyone got into kiel Shaw had to pretend they didn't get it. Oh that was funny. Good.
Speaker 3: Actually, I know next time you and Allison went on a vacation, which you were explaining you don't really like y'all go really cool places, but there's typically always a work element.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and even this last week, I got to go to some really cool places, but I was always working, like I was in Palm Strings View. And then I went to Nashville the next day to set up something at Jana Cramer's house, and then I went to Washington, d C. The same day and day. Yeah, it was It was a lot of fun to record something with Sophia Bush at the White House. And uh, then I was on vacation and I hadn't taken vacation in a very very I can't remember the last time I took, and just what wasn't didn't do any work while I was.
Speaker 5: Very difficult for us on the podcast out.
Speaker 4: It was a rough couple of days.
Speaker 6: I didn't bring my computer and it was great and no one called me. It was great. Yeah, it was so nice. But we went to Denver, Colorado because I found out about a restaurant, and a lot of people know about this for a long time, a restaurant called Casa Bonita. It's been around since the sixties, and it is the Disneyland of Mexican restaurants. There is caves, there's fake rocks, there's animatronics, there's cliff divers, there's a big waterfall. It's this like crazy place. And it went out of business during the pandemic. It like went really downhill in the last couple decades. And then the South Park guys bought it and put forty million dollars into this place, restoring everything. They made the kitchen better, they fix all the lights, They that have new everything, And the wait list is six hundred thousand. People long to down this waitlist because they're like in soft opening. And so I start texting everyone I know in Colorado, just like, hey, have you ever been to this place? Like I text a texta Dean and he was like, no, I don't know what you're talking about. Texted Ben Higgins and he's like, yeah, I've been. Do you want to go? And I was like, yes, I want to go. And then I got an email like make your reservation, So all sudden, and I got to go. We went with Ben and Jess and it was the most fun we've ever had. It was the best time it was. So on September fifteenth, you can just make a reservation at Costabania like they were opening it up to everybody. So if you have any interest in going to Kasabanita, I say, try to get a reservation as soon as possible. It is the coolest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: And we meet it like the September fifteenth is Wife Appreciation Day, so Mark and your founder.
Speaker 6: Yes, if you have a wife that wants to go see a themed Mexican restaurant, this is a great idea to celebrate. We made it like a whole trip though, because it so we went to Estes Park, Colorado, where they have the Stanley Hotel, which inspired the Shining. We stayed in the most honted room they had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can we, Paul, I have so many okay for Cosa Bonita did?
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to take photos in there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I just didn't know, Well, no, I already talked. I talked to them in Pump Springs about it that they were going. So we always asking them about have you heard of it before? No?
Speaker 6: No, no, okay of South Park.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, So you can take photos.
Speaker 2: It's not like a club like you. It's not a club thirty.
Speaker 6: There's a couple like shows that they don't let you take any photos or video. Like there's a puppet show it's very funny, and then a magic show which I was pulled on stage to be the assistant.
Speaker 2: But you can't take video.
Speaker 6: You can't take any video. So you just got to take my word for it.
Speaker 2: What is the food good?
Speaker 6: So they had a reputation for being terrible for a long time. It was they called it costa no ea and uh the food. They have a new chef. They readd the kitchen.
Speaker 4: The food is.
Speaker 6: I was told the food is fine. It's not great, but it's like it won't make you sick. I enjoyed the food. I thought it was great. I really thought it was delicious. The food's very good. And they have these things called I guess this is the thing more in like the Midwest. In Mexicano, restaurants called soapa Pia's.
Speaker 2: My gosh, they're incredible.
Speaker 1: What's a soap a pia?
Speaker 6: Okay, Tyan and I are from California. I had never heard of them before.
Speaker 1: You never heard of it. I don't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: It's it's like a it's like a pastry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like a pastry. It's like it's like full of It's an inflated pastry with like honey drizzled on top, and it's like sweet and dowe.
Speaker 1: I'm going to google.
Speaker 6: Oh man, they're so good. They're so good. Yeah. They bring you a bunch of soapathias that were delicious. Yeah. I thought the food was great casabita. And there's so much more I need to talk about, but it's that time. We ought to take a break, okay.
Speaker 3: And then Jess and Ben both wore crocs for you in honor of your presence.
Speaker 6: It was very kind of them. They came, yes, you can't see it, Yes that is Yes, that's a soap a pea.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds good. I love it. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Ben, you just met up with us for dinner and they wore crocs. I was so honored in touch by their their wearing of the crocs. I was like, oh, this is my love language. And they had been once before, so they were able to show us like, oh, we got you gotta see the Magic Show. You got to see the puppet Show. Oh, here's the cave, let's watch the cliff divers. It was great having them as.
Speaker 2: Like a guy I got this first Disney guy. Yes, exactly how long the experience was this?
Speaker 6: Our reservations were for eight pm and they you get the food kind of cafeteria style, like you go down the line. They just give you your food and then they want you to eat fast and get out of the tables. They get someone else in, and we were there until they closed, like they had to kick us out. They closed at like eleven o'clock.
Speaker 2: We didn't fans that were present.
Speaker 6: And we didn't see everything, Like there was like a whole like mine gold mine that we didn't see, and there was like a there's a gorilla that runs around that we didn't see. Like there's like we were there for like three hours and we didn't see everything. It's so I can't wait to go back.
Speaker 1: I literally never heard of this.
Speaker 2: I know no one in here gets high, but that's experience.
Speaker 6: That's what Ben was saying. He was like, oh, man, imagine taking like mushrooms or something coming in there, and it's like okay, I.
Speaker 1: Can't make sure, Ben Higgens.
Speaker 6: I also don't think he knows exactly what that means.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, no, that would be it.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it would be a fever dream without any It was.
Speaker 6: I could not I can't sell thinking about it.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 6: It was the best time I've ever had in my entire life. It was so fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that happened was that night one?
Speaker 6: No, that was a night two?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 6: So when we landed, we drove up to Estes Park, which is like a mountain town outside of Denver, like an hour and a half. On the way there, I see a gigantic fiberglass Yogi Bear, a Yogi Bear RV park. I've been searching for one of these for so long. There's none in Los Angeles. I want to go to one so badly, and I just saw one like organic. I was like, this is a sign we have to stop. And we got out and were like, took pictures of Yogi Bear, We talked to the staff, we met all the different Yogi Bear characters around there. We spent a lot of time at this Yogi Bear RV park, and then we kept driving up to the Stanley Hotel, which is a haunted hotel that inspired Stephen King stayed there and then wrote The Shining, so they didn't film The Shining there. They filmed Dumb and Dumber there, but they it's like the super hunted hotel. And when I booked the room, I said, Hey, we love ghosts and stuff. Can you put us in the most haunted room possible? And they did and it was so scary and my hat moved. I put my hat on the night stand. I I don't do this kind of like I'm not like like I don't have like a ghost experience or anything like that. But I put my hat on the night stand on top of my backpack. We went to do the ghost tour. We come back and my hat was on the bed and I.
Speaker 1: Posted all this housekeeping.
Speaker 6: I posted about this on and everyone's like, oh am, I've been housekeeping screwing with you. Okay, that's still creepy.
Speaker 1: Brushes. Yeah, she said, I'm not really going with the haunted part.
Speaker 6: I did a turnound service. It was the worst turned down I've ever had because all they did was move my hat. When then I stand to the bed. But it was super creepy there and we had some They have a hedge maze, just like in the Shining and we went there for a long time. It was so fun. We love Ester's Park. It's great.
Speaker 2: I'm curious.
Speaker 3: I find that so fascinating because I can barely watch a movie trailer for a scary movie.
Speaker 2: So like to choose that. Did you sleep well? Like, did anything happen while all were sleeping?
Speaker 6: I slept really well. I didn't get a lot of sleep the Night's Prayer, so I was really excited to like be in a hotel and sleep, and I slept like a baby.
Speaker 1: I don't like any of that stuff. I think it was two years ago. I heart. They sent a bunch of us out to was it Austin? It was Austin. They sent us to Austin for some and like Teddy Mellencamp was out there, Jenny.
Speaker 6: Gars, Oh yeah, yeah. It was a south By Southwest or something.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that, but it was like it was like a panel. Yeah, it was like a panel. And they put us in like the most haunted hotel in Austin, and I was like, I don't want to go to my room. I stayed in Teddy's room until like I don't even know what time of the morning. Tara was with me because I was like, I don't want to. I was like, I don't want to be in my room. I had the worst night sleep. I just don't look.
Speaker 5: And I told you doesn't San Francisco. He's then another trip I went in. By the way, San Francisco is what, as I said, the likelihood of you seeing a haunted creepy thing in your room is directly related to how much you believe in that stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't believe in any of that stuff.
Speaker 5: So in San Francisco's like, oh my god, this hotel has totally haunted you guys. I'm like, okay, fine, because of course I'm not gonna see anyth because I don't believe in it.
Speaker 4: And that's not I see any day.
Speaker 5: One of the people in our crook now is like, oh yeah, I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a woman at the foot I pulling.
Speaker 4: On my legs.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, like like, he clearly went in predisposed to believe in these things.
Speaker 4: I did not, And so that's how that plays out.
Speaker 2: A woman pulling on my life was being very scary.
Speaker 4: I know that were you dreaming.
Speaker 5: He's like maybe, I don't know, Like, but that people they believe what they want to believe.
Speaker 4: They see what they want to see.
Speaker 6: With this particular place in Colorado, I mean it's a it's a very spooky hotel. It's super old. The altitude is the altitude change is dramatic. So like we went on the tour and the guy was like, hey, those of you from like California or something, if you get dizzy, like let me know. So that like I'm a skeptic generally with this kind of thing. So I'm like, oh, if you if I'm going to see anything, it's because I'm like depleted of oxygen, Like my brain is shedding yet. But I swear to God that hat moved.
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot.
Speaker 5: I bet, I bet there's a logical explanation to what happened.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm like not one that I just don't like scary. I don't like scary. I don't like gory. I feel like we just started watching this show called The Americans.
Speaker 4: Phenomenal show.
Speaker 1: It's old, but it is, oh really a couple of years. It's not new. I wouldn't say it's like New No Up on the Up and Up. It's been like nominated for all these things.
Speaker 6: Eighteen five years.
Speaker 1: That's so exciting. Five seasons. But the show is so good, Like I haven't been sucked into a series like this in a minute. And we almost binge the entire first season this weekend. But that's not the point. The point is it's very gory. There's like a lot of shots to the head and things like that. I feel like I've been having some weird nightmares.
Speaker 2: That makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: But then, when else can you watch TV besides before bed? I can't watch me.
Speaker 2: Take the Time. Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, I always joke I can't watch anything that has any like thriller element unless it's even if it's not even if it's like nighttime, I have to watch when it's daylight outside, like once the sun goes down, I'm I'm tapped out of anything.
Speaker 1: Like that's when you watch like The Love Is Blinds, The Sure Friends, So you don't.
Speaker 5: Have the thing where like I feel if I'm watching TV in the middle of the day, I feel like I've given up on life.
Speaker 3: I have that sitting all the time, but it just lives with me, you know, It's like, could I be doing something more productive?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Like I'm living, Like, what is me doing something productive versus watching a TV show I want to watch, like in the grand scheme of things gonna change?
Speaker 5: And I think it's it's actually a weird way of thinking because often I'll just be on my laptop instead of watching TV.
Speaker 4: What the hell's the difference.
Speaker 1: I'll be like watching Instagram or for.
Speaker 4: Some reason that feels better in our brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so with you. I can not watch TV during the day. It's why I have a hard time with the Olympics and like football, Like, I'm like, you're just gonna sit on this couch all Sunday long.
Speaker 3: For eighteen weeks, I honestly had a hard come down after all the drinking through the weekend.
Speaker 2: I felt like I had a virus or something. I feel like I have had a virus. Tequila is a tequila.
Speaker 1: It'll get you a tequila itis, you know. I have this debate with myself basically every Monday after the weekend where I.
Speaker 2: Just sober curious, sober curious.
Speaker 1: Every Monday, come Monday, I'm sober curious. And every Friday, come Friday, I'm like, where's appra sprits. Yeah, it's a really weird internal battle.
Speaker 4: Why not just try it for a one weekend.
Speaker 2: Ali's on like one hundred days of no drinking. She feels great.
Speaker 1: I know a friend of mine's been doing it for two weeks and she said she feels great. But she also cut out sugar. So she's like, I don't know if it's the alcohol or the sugar.
Speaker 2: Probably a nice little combo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I know it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's really you can do it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can.
Speaker 2: You can just do one week when you were fighting your motive stuff.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: I drank when I had hamotos. That was the one thing I gave myself. Well, coffee out everything else, dory out poison in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that must be nice for y'all. Y'all just have like endless energy to do things. I'm inspired by it. The am well just I think in general the no alcohol helps, but I'm just inspired by like y'all's first of all, the fact that you both are on the same page of what y'all want to do. That Like, she's just as excited to see Yogi Bear camp site. Like I'm like, I'm like mesmerized by this that y'all is a duo.
Speaker 1: Every shoe, every shoe has a foot.
Speaker 2: He found the Cinderella Slipper.
Speaker 6: There are times where we were doing stuff. We discovered that the Celestial Seasoning tea company that makes the Sleepy Time Tea. Allison found out. She's like, the factory is in Boulder. We had do tours. We have to go, and I was like, yes, we just found out about it became top priority. We're like, okay, we're in agreement, right if this makes us miss our flight, we are fine with this, right And also said that to me and I was like, yes, So we went and we're on this tour and we're loving it. We're like, they took us inside the mint room. You can only be in there for a few minutes because it burns your eyes. And I looked at Alix and I'm like, I will never find another person on this earth that loves this kind of stuff as much as I do.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really a special moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. To me, that's like the best part of being in a relationship is like those discoveries of like, oh my gosh, like this person likes doing this just as much as I do.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And like that's so crazy to.
Speaker 2: Me, But there is a it's a whole other level.
Speaker 1: No, no, I agree, But I feel like that's like the special that's like the most special part of being a relationship.
Speaker 2: The only other.
Speaker 3: People that I really feel like where it's niche like this is Ashley and Jared. Yeah, the like pop star like all their Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy I'll had a vacation and got to do all the things that y'all wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a great time. But I'm so happy you'd be back here. Let me tell you, I'm happy you'd be back at work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no vacation like the one you get to live every day.
Speaker 6: That's right, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Thing that's good.
Speaker 4: Create a life that you don't need to take your vacation exactly.
Speaker 1: That's it, Mark, create the life you can't take that truck did.
Speaker 2: But I still love vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, It's the freedom of the day. It makes me think about people, like when you retire, that must be like such a crazy feeling. Once you like retire.
Speaker 2: I was thinking.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this because I was thinking about how crazy life is.
Speaker 2: When you have kids.
Speaker 3: And Mark is the only one who can like truly speak to this right now, welcome, And how crazy it must be that your whole life is focused on these humans and like raising them and doing all the things for them and worrying about them and providing for them, and then they go on and have their own life, And how crazy it must be to be on the other side and be back to where you were before they ever existed, but like in a whole different way.
Speaker 4: Oh, empty nests, Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, obviously you're still worried about them, still providing, sure, you know, but they're doing their own thing now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And we've talked about this a little bit, and because there's part of me that's kind of looking forward to that kind of reconnection with my wife, but my wife's not ready for that conversation yet. I'm not allowed to say the words empty or nest in our house, not together because one's leaving in a couple of weeks, and one is fifteen, is.
Speaker 2: She junior sophomore?
Speaker 4: I just started off right, all right.
Speaker 2: Three years, no three two?
Speaker 1: Start itself right, right, right, I forget such a weird like what is this school? I have so many questions about life like that, you know what I mean? Like why does the school the school you start January one like the rest of the world.
Speaker 4: Right, why is it fall peper? I don't know, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: That is, Like, let's think about these things.
Speaker 6: Wasn't it so that kids could help out on the farm. Isn't that the idea.
Speaker 4: During the summer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we've evolved from that.
Speaker 6: You think so saving?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to write down all these questions about life because that one really every year I'm like, and is right?
Speaker 4: Is to help with planting and harvesting.
Speaker 1: See like an outdated, uh policy.
Speaker 3: But it is at the right time where people can go and enjoy the summer warmth, you know, go on vacation during that time, have off during that time.
Speaker 1: But you could make you could make that. You could make Yeah, no, I could reconfigure some things here. Yeah, Okay, we got to go because we have an episode on Thursday. We gotta go to go. Is it over?
Speaker 4: Maybe go back and find another break?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Fine, fine? One of the breaks and the show was inserted by me. See if you can figure out which one.
Speaker 3: Of them that's a fun name, Listen to it multiple times from different devices.
Speaker 6: DM me the timestample when that commercial is for you. You won't get a prize, but I just want to see how words.
Speaker 1: Mark make it good.
Speaker 3: All right, We will be back on Thursday with a Dear Bonia episode and we love you
Speaker 2: Some love you, my