Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and he Armstrong and oh, this is Gronk. I'm here for the show. Open up the Armstrong and Getty Show. Get out of here, Gronk. You don't need to be in every damn thing I ever look at in my life. Everybody loves Gronk. Oh my god, enough Gronk already live from Studio C, a d lit room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications combound. And hey, everybody, on a brand new week. We're under the tutelage of our general manager here, pil.
Speaker 2: Phenelfia el Gleckles.
Speaker 1: But super Bowl champions. I hate blowouts as my least favorite. I would rather have had a that was last on my list of there's only four outcomes for any game you watch, right, your team barely wins, your team barely loses, or the blowout either way, really and uh this is the worst. I would rather have a close Philadelphia win than a Kansas City blowout. I don't like blowouts. I find blogs aring and uh yeah, so I was cleaning my room the entire second half. I didn't see how they scored twenty two points somehow was as clearly matter wasn't as close as the score indicates, as they say, as they often say, yeah, but yeah, that's disappointing. Well, we had, you know, many years in a row of very close super Bowls like came down to the last play. I mean, that's more than you can really expect to have over and over again. Yeah, Cups was running over. It was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could this usher in a new era of super bores?
Speaker 1: Much like the nineties? Is that a thing? Did these things come in waves that you couldn't usher it in? This is footstock.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to make a damn look of sense. What do you think, Gronk?
Speaker 1: Seriously enough, Gronk, I'm amazed at how people get hot and then every company out there thinks we need to throw how how much money we need to throw at Gronk to get him an hour ad? Or do they not know that? Maybe I'd ask Gronk just before we signed the paper and we have you in the ad? Are you doing like fifty other commercials that are gonna make people roll their eyes? They won't even remember mine? He's the U two of the twenty twenties.
Speaker 2: Good Ronk's everywhere? Every show got to have Gronk or what.
Speaker 1: The I tweeted a lot yesterday. I was on a tweet and roll before the game. My favorite thing of the whole everything, if you saw it, was what the hell was that like five minute Brad pit thing. I couldn't figure out, what are you asking me to do? What are you telling am I supposed to cry? Am I supposed to stand up in salute? Am I supposed to be excited about football or the country or kids. I don't even know what we're doing here? Are you selling me something? Do I need to go onto a website and donate money? I had no idea what's going on there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I missed the audio on that when I was at a party, so I was just looking at it mystified.
Speaker 1: You know, Brad Pitts one of the biggest stars in the world, and they gave it super prime placement right before the game starts, and it was mystifying as to what it was, like, what what is the message here? Did you see that? Michael? Yeah? And it brought back memories of my dad. He used to scream at the TV.
Speaker 3: Damn it, it's just a football game, and it just started getting mad.
Speaker 1: That is a good thing to say. That is a perfect thing to say. Quick trying to pull my like heartstrings around patriotism and hurt children and all these different equality in the world and all these different things. Damn it, it's just a football game.
Speaker 2: I would like to see it more seriously, at least slightly more seriously.
Speaker 1: Just a pole.
Speaker 2: I guess of Americans, how many people are like touched and moved that they trotted out or brought out the families of the victims of the would be jihadi who ran a bunch of people over because it's in the same set is there's some sort of sin being committed by going ahead with life, and there was a rather important football game schedule, so we're going to go ahead and have the football game. But you've got to, like Genufleck, to the idea of this is like weirdly inappropriate because there was just death here.
Speaker 1: I don't have to, by the way, I don't think you do. Entertainment executives make all, as we know, make all kinds of stupid, stupid decisions. Yeah, and whoever got together in a room and decided. They probably decided it right after the ISIS attack, when it was like super fresh, and now we hear we are month and a half later or whatever it is where it's like, oh, yeah, that's right, that happened, as opposed to I don't know if I can watch the super Bowl in New Orleans after what happened the other day. Now, who was feeling that way? And lama is another one of my tweets. As Lady Gaga was singing her song and people were waving her hands. Okay, I guess we're all unified. We're anti ISIS.
Speaker 2: Let's get to kickoff, noted anti Ghatty activist Lady Gaga.
Speaker 1: Ah, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There is clearly a certain sort of person for whom that sort of gesture is appreciated.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't believe I feel better now that Lady Gaga sang an emotional song.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it. I think if the entire Super Bowl had completely ignored the horrifying shooting or I guess car ramming there in New Orleans, I don't I don't think I would have noticed. I don't think anybody would have minded.
Speaker 2: But it wouldn't have popped into my mind. No, absolutely, I was acutely aware of the event and who was involved in New Orleans' failures and putting up the ballards and the rest of it a chapter and verse. I followed the news, but no, I wouldn't have thought of it.
Speaker 1: I need football. I need Tom Brady in a T shirt walking between the firefighters and the cops talking about pulling together and something or other and how and you know, it's a stretch anyway, We're all getting together to get drunk and get fat and watch a football game to try to success. By the way, to try to turn it in. I think this was Brad Pitt's message, to try to turn it into some sort of this is who we are as Americans. I think it's a real stretch. Well, try to make more important than just it's a football game. It's way to kill an afternoon, and to further torture it.
Speaker 2: Because we were paying loving tribute to the death in New Orleans, it seemed insensitive not to pay a tribute to the death and destruction in California. So Tom Brady was it was was wearing an LA Fire Department.
Speaker 1: T shirt just as kind of a token representation of Oh in California too, because somebody in the meeting threw up. But what about California? That's right, we need to resonate with California. Also, Yeah, at least three people wearing T shirts. Now, three seems like a lot because the game's in New Orleans. How about one? Would one be good? Okay again, if you know what that Brad Pitt thing was, it seemed like the length of a motion picture. Please text four one KFTC. I still don't Oh crap, the Eagles just scored again. Jeez, it's to twenty four. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armshaw. I hain't a lot of your cheese dip yesterday, Michael to come out. It was damn good, good, it was damn good. I wish I had to put more cheese on top because I like that part. But it was really really good. But after you get I don't know, a pound into it, yeah, you start to regret your decisions. Yep, that's what I noticed.
Speaker 2: I don't have any leftovers because when I set fire to my kitchen to celebrate the Eagles, when I accidentally torched it, so I might name it Michelangelo's Regretful Cheese Dip, because after you eat a whole bunch of it, you will regret that you had ever started.
Speaker 1: I went to the grocery store and spent money and time to do this. I feel awful. What was the point here? What was I trying to a couple hole? It's not a very good endorsement. Well, it might have to do with the quantity you have to eat as much as I. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, February tenth, year, twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 2: All right, let's kick off the show for brand new week officially according to FCC rules regulations.
Speaker 1: Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 4: On the.
Speaker 1: And see.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Let's go Bart, Here you go. Because it was New Orleans. I really liked the music. I thought the America the Beautiful with trombone Shorty was flipping awesome. I thought that was so good. Hey, at the end.
Speaker 2: There, though we were talking about this in the pregame show, he was just playing random notes that was not groovy piano riff.
Speaker 1: And that was a guy that's like, yeah, whatever, I didn't notice the piano I was singing about that. Did you have a clock on? And at how do they make sure the anthem singer doesn't do some insider trading or whatever it is if you're involved in betting, Because it was one hundred and twenty seconds. He over under on the beat and you can actually bet money on that. And he could have said the Home of the Brave. He could have had home with a brave, brave, but he went home with a brave, brave, brave right, And it got him to one hundred and twenty seconds. And I just wonder, how would you How would you not have an uncle who puts a thousand dollars on it someplace?
Speaker 2: It had the feel of a team going for two when they didn't need to, And.
Speaker 1: I was said, why would they do that? Well? The spread was what right? Did you know? My favorite headline of the day. What we woke up to today? The end of the penny? Donald Trump tweeting out last night, no more pennies. We spend two cents on a penny. It's stupid. We're gonna stop, he announced, He ordered the treasurer. Why did this not happen before? Why is he only a person that can say the capital is of Israel is Jerusalem. We all know it, right, let's just move it over there. USA.
Speaker 2: It is a fraud the department, it's a fraud factory.
Speaker 1: We got to get rid of it. But can he defeat the humble penny, the pennies? Just can he order the Treasury Department to do that? Well, we're well read at the nickel must go. And let's talk about the dime. A quarter is enough of a denomination, all right, we're a rich country. We're not.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't make four thousand dollars a year per capity here?
Speaker 1: Yes, wegel.
Speaker 2: Does this mean that pennies will become collectible items and that will be worth a lot?
Speaker 1: My son and I were actually talking about that last night. What does that mean for the penny? Does it wonder what happens to it? Because there are gazillions of pennies in circulation.
Speaker 2: Well, oddly enough, now that it's no longer currency and is merely the constituent parts, it's worth more. Although you know, none of us has the ability to smelt it down to whatever, so you know there's going to be a discount on it, but you'll probably get like one point two cents for every penny's.
Speaker 1: Most of us on the show aren't tweakers. We're not that fascinated by copper just in general. But all your tweaker friends would love to have your pennies probably, hey, tweak your friends, plenty of them. And what was the other thing? Oh, so he announced on Brett Bear's interview yesterday that he said, starting in twenty four hours, Elon's going to turn his Elon whose name I now hear more than Trump's, that Elon's going to turn elected dictator by the way, a world Church's man. Yeah, which obviously you don't allow dark. You don't need to explain why that's evil. It's just obviously evil. The fact that he's rich and trying to government clearly evil. He announced that Trump announced yesterday during Brettbear's interview and will play some of it later from the super Bowl. That within twenty four hours, so that'd be today, Elon's going to turn his attention toward the Department of Education. And I'm all about that. I want to hear all kinds of great stats coming out on that. How does mail bag look? Oh, it's good.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that a little later on in the hour, I think, right, we are we going to oh take come to schedule.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're going to do things differently. Now. Yeah, we're gonna see how this works. It could be a disaster. I mean it could be like the Kansas City Chiefs offensive line. Nothing could be that bad. Not really. No lots on the way, you stay here, armstrong and getty. What's driving this?
Speaker 3: I will keep it simple, Margaret.
Speaker 4: He is doing, in the eyes of the public, what he said he would do in the campaign.
Speaker 3: There's political value in that.
Speaker 4: In fact, seventy percent of people say he's doing what he promised.
Speaker 3: That's whether they approve of him or not.
Speaker 4: Now there's another part of this that continues over from the campaign.
Speaker 3: There were words that he was described as.
Speaker 4: Being tough, being energetic, and he still is today in big majority numbers. So as people take a look in these first few weeks, there's been a lot of activity, they're getting that general sense of governance and that's being reflected in these early numbers.
Speaker 1: So this is the most recent big poll to come out since Trump has been in office, and while it seems like he's been in office for a year and a half, it's been He's inaugurate on the twentieth. We're not. We're ten days away from the one month then mark. How is that even possible? I know we're ten world ways, we're a week and a half from the one month mark. It's incredible. I was remer it's well go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's a symptom of a lot of different things, including the incredible power and flexibility of the presidency. They have it within their grasp to just redesign two thirds of the policies of the United States.
Speaker 1: Government, which is not a great deal. But before before I get back to the polling, which is really good for Trump, I was reminded yesterday that FDR, when he took office, he had one day where he had one hundred executive orders in a day, seven hundred for his first year. So it's not like nobody's ever done this before, your hero lefties. FDR was really into the president gets to do whatever the hell he wants. So anyway, Trump's overall approval rating with CBS after all this stuff in the world went, it's a disaster, and oh my god, it's funny. I was in a group over the weekend because of the town I live in, they all lean, you know, Trump is hitler and just it is all kind of a how are you holding up? You know sort of mood, oh lord, which I find is hilarious. And somebody said that to me, and I mean, I don't talk about politics in my own personal life. It was like, I'm holding up. Fine, it's just whatever, Why would I not be Exactly According to CBS fifty three percent approval rating for Donald Trump, his overall approved rating is fifty three percent, the highest he's ever had in his presidency. So apparently it's not quite so how are you holding up? He as some of you might think, Good lord, Well.
Speaker 2: I love the the Just a subtle little Weasley hedge there from Anthony Salvanto on Face the Nation. There he is, according to voter perceptions, doing.
Speaker 1: What he promised to do. Wait a second.
Speaker 2: If I say I'm going to carry in a dozen eggs, and I carry in a dozen eggs, you don't have to say Joe just did. But according to voter perceptions, he said he dude, no, you freaking heard me say it.
Speaker 1: Just they as such weasels. We'll get into more of this later because there's a lot but on the biggest topic of the first three weeks, Trump administration's programmed to deport immigrants illegally in the United States fifty nine percent approval, call it six oh nine percent. And yet, as I keep saying, show me a report that's not on Fox where they even indicate it's neutral that he's doing that, as opposed to it's all negative. It's all bad. Clearly, this is awful. No wonder your ratings are so bad. Don't you people want to make a living, You newspapers, you TV channels. Sixty percent of America is okay with this, So maybe at the very least be neutral or even shade it somewhat positive.
Speaker 2: You nut jobs, right exactly as I said off the air, their punishment is they're dying, which is a pretty good punishment.
Speaker 1: How does mailbag look now that we've tried a new schedule? Very thought provoking. I'll bet it, oh, I bet it kicks ass. It's going to be moving and just appropriate.
Speaker 2: Like that weird introductory Brad Pitt wandering around saying, looking sad.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, that's on the way. We've got Katie's headlines and a lot more news to catch you up from the weekends. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned earlier, and because I'm a guy with a couple of school age kids, I'm excited that Elon and Dozer turning their attention toward the Department of Education this week. I'm already out a tweet from Elon. Every education and research grant made over the past four years required DEI in one form or another. The US Department of Education spent at least one billion dollars since twenty twenty one on advancing DEI, hiring programming, mental health training, et cetera, et cetera. They're going to get into the details of it. Excellent Tim saying the whole DEI shot through our government is way worse than people even think it is. Oh yeah, well, I guarantee that's true. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love this. Couldn't love it more. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. This one goes out to Patrick Mahomes and Andy ridd the entire Chiefs Organization, Day, Tay and others.
Speaker 1: Hey Taylor, you're at your husband's workplace. How about not shorts and a tank top? Have some class. You look like a bar waitress. Oh wow, Wow, kicking her.
Speaker 2: Well, she's down, poor kid. What has she got to going for now? Very little?
Speaker 1: Oh this is from Edwin Markham.
Speaker 2: The quota's defeat may serve as well as victory, to shake the soul and let the glory out.
Speaker 1: Some nice phrase making right there.
Speaker 2: Huh you go, feet may serve as well as victory, to shake the soul and let the glory out.
Speaker 1: I found that to be truth. So well, it's one of the avengers of being a religious guy like Patrick Mahomes. After all the winds, it's always well, it's all thanks to God. It's all his work. So I mean, you can do the same after a loss. Just you know, I'm supposed to learn something from this, so here we go. Yeah. Yeah, he's a good kid, that Pat Malmes. Glad to see him doing well, mailbag, Glad to see him do well. Not so much yesterday, of course, not his fault. I don't. You could put any quarterback in the world there. Oh, you got half a second before the biggest of the line in history is going to jump on top of you.
Speaker 2: Right, You could have a committee a Joe Montana, y, a tittle, Tom Brady and whoever else you wanted back there trying to figure out what to do, and they'd all be run.
Speaker 1: For your life. That's what you need to do. Get more life insurance. That's what I suggest.
Speaker 2: Drop his note mail bag at Armstrong Andgeddy dot com. Faggotty Steve Wright's that's friend of Armstrong and Getty over ten years. I'm very dismayed by the lack of diversity in the halftime show yesterday, seventy five percent of America was not represented.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that's a good point. I didn't know. I saw that black chick dancing really cool, and I thought that's kind of cool. It was Strina Williams. I didn't realize that was her. She didn't really dance. Oh, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but or for a halftime show that looks like America, Uh, Kurt from San Jose, California.
Speaker 1: Trump's gonna stop minting pennies. Good.
Speaker 2: Then I don't have to give my thoughts to anyone. I can stop always having to watch out for things falling from heaven. I don't have to defend the worthiness of something to smallest level of investment.
Speaker 1: Can quit being so stingy and having to pinch something. Yes, and can.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to give even a little credit to someone for being barely wise when they are just fooled.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: A clever reference to the many expressions in the English language that reference the penny.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is not saved or earned. It no longer exists. Yeah, exactly, And again, how about the nickel?
Speaker 2: Seriously seriously, that's you know, four oh eight plays four tens.
Speaker 1: Fine, you can have my dime. How recently was a nickel what a penny is was worth? It's got to be like eight years ago. Maybe it wouldn't be very long ago.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't think quintupled in or cut by eighty percent.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It is interesting question though.
Speaker 2: Uh Brian and Walla Walla, I don't know if you guys are too young to remember that in the seventies, were not the global crisis was over population. I remember posters of a plant with people hanging off of it. That was the radical lefts global crisis of the day. And did it ever materialize.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Now we have the global warming crisis meant to spread fear and push an agenda. So why does no one ever bring up over population or ice ages as an argument about how wrong the experts get things, soil it grain, it's people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of ai ads yesterday during the Super Bowl, and I didn't understand a single one of them. But certainly a lot of this is going to change everything. Well we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I think that's for investors as much as anybody. But there are a couple that I noticed immediately, Oh, I'll bet this is an ai AD, And I focused in carefully and I thought, oh, there it is open AI.
Speaker 1: Sure I was right, but I got nothing from that commercial. Yeah. I don't know what black thoughts on white backgrounds. Apparently I do too.
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's see more praise for Michaelangelo's cheesy.
Speaker 1: What's not to like? Right? Exactly? Oh my god, my gift of humanity? Yeah, it's all. The Your recipe on our website is funny, though. The way you wrote it is very clever. I like that. I wish I had eaten about half as much. I still don't feel good from that. Oh, nothing wrong with it. It's not your dip. It's my volume. It's all. That's what I had for lunch and dinner. It was my lunch and dinner. It's your legacy.
Speaker 2: Michael, Really, it's your Stairway to Heaven, it's your great novel.
Speaker 1: It's gone, but the dip will live on. Exactly, That's what I was trying to say. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jt In Livermore, frequent correspondent, pointing out that the March of Dimes effect is clearly going on with the Democratic Party. The March of Dimes was originally created a combat polio. Polio's defeated. They're like, well, we got all the staff. We're good at raising money and birth the facts.
Speaker 1: Which is fine.
Speaker 2: But often you've got an organization like the NAACP, for instance, or the Southern Poverty Law Center, which had legitimate civil rights goals but has evolved into a blackmailing, race baiting fund raising colossus that doesn't do any good to anybody anyway. But he points out how the Democratic Party has a long and checkered history with many awful policy positions from slavery to Jim Crow laws, but a number of successes, et cetera. But now it looks like they've hit a brick wall. They've tried and failed to stay relevant by enacting a foe constant revolution, that's true, Yeah, constant civil rights battles, even when all the battles are settled. But unlike the Pass, they're not on the side of history or righteousness, nor do they have the masses on their side. Instead, they've chosen the most caustic and abrasive posturing in an effort to force support for terrible topics and policies that are not supported big bloated, etc. They're for racism, against the rule of law, open borders, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Well, so like the Snoop Brady things, the PSAs that I guess the NFL was behind, or whatever, I hate you because you're different. I hate you because I think you hate me and the whole thing. And then Snoop saying I hate that we live in a time where we have to say this or something like that. Do you think we're in a particularly hateful racist time historically speaking? I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Not until DEI came in, not until Black Lives Matter came in.
Speaker 1: All people of all races agree.
Speaker 2: Race relations have gotten worse since the recent round of what JT was just describing in his email, the never ending revolution, the never ending civil rights battle, when everybody's achieved more or less what we wanted to, and now we're working on the details that it's ridiculous, but it's about saving it's about raising money and having power and their pitches. We will change things and get rid of the evildoers. Finally, this had a similar topic Pallo writing about. I was trying to understand the position of people who oppose meritocracy, so I googled around. Oh, we've got a very strongly worded email said, dudes, groc it'll change your life so good, So I may try that anyway. That's that's that's what What is grock search engine? AI powered search engine? As I understand.
Speaker 1: It a lot. Is it his thing? I don't know anyway? So he uh, yes, Katie.
Speaker 5: Grock is attached to x And when you pay for premium you get it and it is awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, it's when you pay for premium Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what any of these terms mean. It's it's the premium.
Speaker 5: It's the little blue check mark you pay to be verified by the website.
Speaker 1: You get grock for well for free, but it's included with it. Okay, so we're premium then, so okay, I'll start using grock to something yep, yes, so right away or yes.
Speaker 2: Powell is trying to figure out how people oppose meritocracy, what the reasoning is, and he says I came up with three things. People in favor of it pnfortunately seemed to be those who benefited from it, and vice versa. Not shocking, a lot of people seem to believe that meritocracy was a form of gas lighting. It was intent is to perpetuate racism. It's absolutely not true. In fact, I would say, if you want to perpetuate bad outcomes for a people, get rid of meritocracy.
Speaker 1: Well you remember we did a big forum one time thingy in front of a progressive crowd, and we were having an argument with these other people and I said, and I was completely unaware of this. I said, well, I believe in meritocracy. I just want to And one of the guys that was on the other side said, ah, that's dog whistle for racism, and the crowd started cheering and everything like that. I was like, really, I had never even heard that before. I didn't know meritocracy was for progressive It's just you're just trying to slip in racism through the back door. Yeah, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Utterly illogical and dead wrong and incredibly damaging that attitude. I mean, if you're super concerned about education for little black kids, for instance, and you get rid of meritocracy and just have quotas, what incentive is.
Speaker 1: There to fix the education for the little black kids you've removed it.
Speaker 2: It is the worst sort of soft medium, hard bigotry, of low expectation. Then the final thing is the most popular rejection seems to be that meritocracy doesn't account for the fact that some people come from circumstances that are not conductive to success. I guess I agree that's true, and it goes a long way to explaining disparate outcomes. But my answer to that would be easy, Well, that's why a society works on making sure that people have Perhaps you've heard the phrase equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.
Speaker 1: That's a band aid. It's evil rejected. So a couple of minutes into the halftime show yesterday with Kendrick Lamar, I assume singing some of his most well known songs because I don't know he's speaking.
Speaker 2: He speaks more of the things, doesn't he a rapper?
Speaker 1: My brother texted me, gonna be whistling these songs all night now, which I thought was hilarious. But you know, but I'm aware that the halftime show is not aimed at me, don't but I am always kind of interested. Who's their target?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, who do they have in mind when they're putting on the halftime show? Because I picked up my son. This is the first year my son went went to a Super Bowl party with other people, which was a little nice moment for him, a little hurtful for me, but you know, time March is on. Anyway, I went and picked up my high schooler from the super Bowl party you went to, and I said, what do you think of the halftime show? He said, eh, you know, it's not for me. I said, what do you mean? He said, it's for like thirty year olds. Kendrick Lamar is kind of like for thirty year olds. Oh, which when you're fifteen is like old people, right. But I thought, okay, so it wasn't for you, wasn't for me. I had to be for somebody. I mean, there's a lot of money at stake in trying to figure out who your target audience is for this stuff, or is it the big dumb corporation that brought you the Brad pitt sad face in trow and other just questionable decisions.
Speaker 5: Lay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Lady Gaga eight minutes of resonating with the ISIS attack for some reason, like you felt like we needed that, right, Yeah, It's just it's probably just a bad decision. To me. It only felt like harsh in my mellow, that hole every time you brought up the ISIS attack. I don't think you needed to resonate with him, No, not at all.
Speaker 2: I thought it was attacked on and felt like, well, we feel like this is obligatory, so here it is.
Speaker 1: Sit there and listen to sit there and be reminded of death, like surprise death that could happen at any time. Now back to the game. Thanks for that. We've got Katie's headlines on the way. Next two headlines I've just seen before we get to Katie's headlines in New York Times. Tom Brady's performance wasn't any better than the Kansas City Chiefs. I don't get the excitement over trying to beat up on Tom Brady as a color guy. I don't know, Maybe I just don't think about it that much. Seems perfectly fine to me. I know, and what was the other one? Oh? I like this headline. Another Doge thing for you. Doge cancels Anthony Fauci Museum exhibit in federal cutting spree. There's an Anthony Fauci Museum exhibit that we were all going to pay for. Fantastic. Wow, that's just sickening. It is get a donor to see. There are plenty of rich mask wearing getting their skulls getting their ninth booster today. People out there that'd be willing to support that. Oh, stand in line to get in. You have to stand six feet apart.
Speaker 2: That's right, Michael Goodwell, that's beautiful, good, resecure Michael fill the wind. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story. It's Katie Green.
Speaker 1: Katie all right.
Speaker 5: Well this one coming from not only Elon Musk, but the New York Post. FEMA sent fifty nine million dollars last week to luxury New York City hotels.
Speaker 1: To house illegal immigrants. Last week housing illegals luxury hotel fifty nine million dollars.
Speaker 2: Hey, Pablo out to go sneaking in the United States. Well, I'm in a luxury hotel in New York City. They pay for everything, and if I commit crimes, they just let me go.
Speaker 1: That would be something to text back to somebody. Hey, dude, I'm at the Ritz Carlton in New York. No, I'm serious. No, I'm not paying anything for it, right, The government pays the US government. Yeah really, and it's your stone and to me if you don't even breathe toward me. The the real problem in our budget is the entitlements are out of control. And this million here and millionaire is not going to every penny which is about to be out lawned, every nickel that is spent. That is a waste. I want looked at well, and more broadly.
Speaker 2: A culture whereby waste is rooted out and loathed, and a culture that says, all right, let's just as mental exercise, let's strip this agency down to nothing. Then let's talk about what's really important that we ought to be funding.
Speaker 1: That is a seismic shift. It's not about the dollar amounts. Sure, absolutely, I want every agency department in America to be scared to do something that would be embarrassing if it got tweeted out by Elon, so that they'll be more careful with their money. That's what I would like, and entitlements eventually, And.
Speaker 5: Since this is one of your favorite stories, I'm bringing it back Washington Post. Trump has ordered the Treasury Department to stop producing new pennies.
Speaker 1: That's right, finally, so good. Why did it take this long.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I have kept a penny in a decade.
Speaker 1: I just I found one on my desk.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to keep it in case it becomes a collector's right. From study fines, majority of football fans want Super Bowl Monday declared a national holiday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm in favor of that. Or play the game on Saturday, but they're never going to do that.
Speaker 1: I feel half sick, Michael, and it's not your DIP's fault. I just ate so much of it, and only it. I didn't need anything else. Oh my word, make sense of vegetables. I did. I had to. I had a peanut butter sandwich earlier in the day. Then for lunch and dinner, I had your dip. Oh I feel like a refried bean. From NBC.
Speaker 5: Trump announces blanket tariffs on steel and aluminum and reciprocal tariffs on other countries.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll have to get to the CBS polling of what people think of tariffs. That's pretty interesting too.
Speaker 2: And hey, in the interest of fairness, Elon's said, Hey, you know that, like the graphite from China and this other material, could we not have tariffs on that because it's super important for Tesla. Mmmm. Nope, not the way it works. Boys, they're gonna have to wrestle with some of that stuff.
Speaker 5: From the New York Times, Hamas makes gaunt Israel hostages thank their captors prior to release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this really isn't getting enough attention during the whole ceasefire thing. The way Hamas is treating these hostage treated the hostages over the last year and a half, and it's treating them as they hand them over horrible.
Speaker 5: From the Wall Street Journal, Ozembic slimming can make skin sag enter the twenty thousand dollars body lift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna talk about this later. Super popular plastic surgery. It's true, if you lose a lot of weight rapidly, you got some loose skin there.
Speaker 1: What do they do with the shaggy lamp shades? Snippers? Oh my god, the two of you see.
Speaker 5: This isn't a meme, but it's a tweet that I saw. It's just a trolling page and it says I'm not a big fan of sports, so I don't know who Taylor Swift is, but he sounds fast, all right. Finally, the Babylon Bee country with record illiteracy worried. So what will happen if education system is reformed?
Speaker 1: Wow? I love that, No kidding?
Speaker 2: And who is leading the charge against reforming the Department of Education? You're blue states with the worst educational results. It's because it's a jobs program. Government schools have the education happens accidentally, it's a jobs program.
Speaker 1: I think it was jd Vance. It tweeted out yesterday. It started in seventy seven, Department of Education. Our scores have gone down since then. That's all you need to know.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty