Speaker 1: What's up everyone on Tory Deal?
Speaker 2: And I'm Anissa Ferreira and this is MTV's official Challenge.
Speaker 1: Podcast, And Nisa, we are almost done this season of All Stars.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to a like on a show where they're like, hey, by the way, all of you have made it to the final except for you guys. Now you guys sit back by the RV and have a corona? Is a wine or is that a corona drinks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: While Veronica was like, I'm gonna wear all black and drink this wine, I was like, yes, girl, me too.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about how Veronica has had the luckiest season of all time? In the back, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it is luck and and her politicalness and she's smart and she has good relationships, and it goes We've said it the whole season. I mean, relationships really go far to the fact that your best friend were one of your closest friends a star and you've kept it like it was a deer present, which it was, and no one tired to take it from you, dude.
Speaker 1: And then you get to watch everyone else compete to enter into the final while sitting on a lawn chair holding a flamingo.
Speaker 2: Like embracing a flamingo having a wine.
Speaker 1: It was a vibe. I mean, this episode all around was really exciting. We got to see the challenge, we got to see more people get locked in to go to the final. But I think we should dive into the challenge a little bit because that was an intense challenge. Like, yeah, they definitely saved the harder, the harder one for the end.
Speaker 2: The run itself, Like I'm like, oh God, that terrain. I'm like, yeah, I mean, I knew Derek was going to take off, and when you saw his lead in the beginning, I'm like, ah, none of yaga catch up to him. And then you see that god forsaken rope. And if you've ever held one of those ropes, which all of us have, they are huge and they are heavy, heavy, So it's not just taking like a tiny little like whatever ropes even had in his bag. Those aren't not like the bondage ropes.
Speaker 3: These are real, real heappy prope.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not the bondage rope.
Speaker 3: Otherwise they would have undone it.
Speaker 1: I was looking at the lineup when they were all sitting there and you know, getting ready to go. You have Adam talking a bunch of shit with those goggles on. I wanted to take him so serious, and then I was just like, you can't see the qutie pie in him, you know what I mean. And then when he has goggles strapped to his face, he's just like So he was up there looking looking like a little cutie pie on the line. And then we have Laurel who looks like she's absolutely about to dominate. I mean, I would have been terrified to be on that line with her. And then you see Derek up there, Ryan and Flora, and I'm thinking when they're when they're giving everybody's speeches about like how they're going to compete, I'm like, wow, they didn't give Flora a speech, and TJ's like ready and she's like, actually no, and I'm like, she doesn't compete, which I was pretty shocked by it, just because she had made it so far, you know, right.
Speaker 2: But I think at some point it's like, what's more important, you know, is my health and my well being or do I push it to the point where my quality of life may be a little bit I mean, I'm being a little dramatic, but my quality of life may be affected for a period of time. If I do go through with this, I mean, if you know that you've given every single part of you and you are fine and happy with that, and you know with this lineup that you have zero chance, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: Maybe when she sees the.
Speaker 2: Final she may have regrets, right, which is why I think that we have no regard for her own safety, because we're like in eer, no, it's gonna happen, dude, you never know, you never know what's around the corner. But I do respect her decision as somebody who probably should have taken some of that advice and put it in my pocket. It it takes a lot too, I think, even more so to say I'm done than it is to just fight through it.
Speaker 1: Yep, I think so.
Speaker 3: So shout out to Flora.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I loved the way she said it. She was like, yeah, because these girls, you know, if I'm in the game, then they won't get a chance to be in the game, and.
Speaker 3: Which I thought was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she ended with grace add a little bit of humor to it, and then really, we only have two girls competing. It's Avery and Laurel competing for that spot and looking at the lineup. Obviously no offense to Avery. She's obviously an incredible competitor. But Laurel is a beast, so my money was on her. But then for the guys, it was really a toss up for me, Like I really wasn't sure how it was going to go between Derek, Ryan and Adam. But then once you see Derek take off, I mean it's just like, Wow, he's probably got this one in the bag too.
Speaker 4: How do you think you.
Speaker 1: Would have done on this one, Anissa, Well, I'll tell you this much.
Speaker 2: It depends on how long that run was. I don't know if it was that long. I feel like you just needed to get there. Yeah, but you know, I've definitely dealt with that rope a little bit, and I'm great in the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think, and I'm a good swim. I mean, I think I would have done okay.
Speaker 2: I hope I would have got my star, But knowing me, I already would have went into elimination. So yeah, I either would have I either would have had the star or yeah, you know, but how do you think you would have done?
Speaker 1: You know, I think I would have done okay. I I think what really took me by surprise. When I first looked at it, I'm like, Oh, they're gonna have to swim that distance, but then they're actually going to paddle, and I'm like, oh, wait, that is I think if I thought it was a big equalizer, I thought more people were going to be good at the paddling. But clearly not.
Speaker 2: Take into account a circle, right, Yeah, what are boats not circles? They have points and points so that they're thin.
Speaker 1: Because wow, Anissa, I know of how they had to go.
Speaker 2: So the thing is, if you're paddling, if you go too much to the right, you just spin in a circle. So that's why they did the short movements in the front to the sides, because you didn't want to go too much.
Speaker 3: You had zero control. Wow over that. It's like swimming on a disc.
Speaker 2: Like it might look easy, but I think because Laurel was sitting in like a crouching Tigris thing, and she has a long tourso she could really put a lot of her weight like directly in the middle and kind of figure out a way to go through it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it looked like she had been doing this for years. But Laurel is so good at whatever random saying they throw in her face.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, and it was no surprise that she was able to get the star out first as well as a Derek. You know, they really had such great seasons. They crushed a lot of challenges together and dominated, right, So I was, yeah, really impressed. I did feel bad for Adam, you know because obviously, like yesterday he had a star, today he's going far. I tried to try.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, that didn't work. That really didn't work at all. I think that you should probably you didn't get a star. I'm giving you my no star for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair, that's fair. Yeah, but you know what, it sucks because obviously he's got to go home. But you know what I did notice he gets to leave with Avery, and after having him on the podcast, I think it was you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a win win, if you know, it seems like a win win.
Speaker 1: So that's a cute little moment to have. And then obviously Derek had to say bye to Ryan. But all of them had such great seasons that it was beautiful to watch. And now they get to take a little van into the final with TJ. I love that road trip intro with.
Speaker 3: The glasses and TJ's just whipping them through. You know.
Speaker 2: TJ's not doing like a leisurely stroll. He's whipping an RV through the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't care, he doesn't get.
Speaker 2: I love that he's getting to be such an interactive part I know, dude, he really is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They should have put him on a circle and made him paddle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was the best when he was like when Caara was like, she's tucking me, he was like, you know, it's your sister. I'm like, wow, it just.
Speaker 2: I wish I was, you know, right right, But it made sense, yeah, that way.
Speaker 1: But who would have thought that they would have been driven to a final? That was what we're seeing so far, which, in my opinion, is not very final esque. It's very much like multiple little challenges which listen at the end of the day, the challenge gods can do whatever they want. A final is still a final. They can make it however they want to make it, and you just have to accept it. And that is sometimes the beauty of the final. You think you're gonna put your money on the best runner or most the strongest person, but no, actually, this time around, you have to put your money on somebody who's not afraid of getting shocked and who can shoot a paintball gun on top of a moving car, so it can really go anyway. But my money's on I don't even know who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have money on this at all. I don't like to bet. As is definitely not betting on this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fair to say that this is anybody's game. And Leroy is an incredible shooter on incredible shooter.
Speaker 3: So he's got two kids.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm oh my god, Anissa, Okay, we both.
Speaker 3: Don't get a star for today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the precision of a barber though, man, Like, he really was moving through that really really well. I was impressed by Veronica. She looked like a badass on top of that car, and she also moved through that star really well. I'm terrified of Ace, like he doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 3: I love that was like that. I would have done that.
Speaker 1: I love that dude is savage. Savage.
Speaker 2: Still not putting my money on anything, though, I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: And I think it's fair to say that we don't know how this episode ends because they left us on a cliffhanger. But the good thing is, yeah, we hate that, But the good thing is we have Derek Chavez coming on the podcast to spill the tea in a little bit before we get there, though, Anissa, who do you give your gold star of the episode two?
Speaker 2: I mean I kind of want to give it to Veronica? Do tell she didn't she didn't even have to go into elimination. Yeah, and she got there. Now she's just chilling having a wine and a hat watching this. I mean, I just want to give her a damn star because it's because it's Monday, and I want to give her a star.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 2: I also want a duel star it because I think Derek just killed it, killed it all season and then he just he's fighting for so much too, and you could see how emotional and important all of this is for him on such a larger scale. I think for a lot of them, you know, like this is like such a queer dominated final too. I think that representation is super important and I love that we just have all types of people from all walks of life just killing it by any means necessary. And I'm just I'm just happy we get to see something.
Speaker 1: Like this I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: I think this final, the cast is amazing, and I actually want to give my gold star to Leroy because he played an effortless game, now effortless, I'd say, a flawless game. He went in there, he got his star, he locked himself into the final, and then he also just won that first round. So I'm just gonna give Leroy some extra love right now because that was an incredible performance. For the fake screams, because those were hilarious. Yeah shit, but I'm gonna I'm gonna give out my notes story. Yeah, I want to give out my not start to Nicole for that bake cry. What the fuck is that to get Laurel's attention? That was just that was like, that is just that's too low, that's too low.
Speaker 2: I was upset about it because I really thought she was hurt, and then I realized she was not. And it was so impressive that she could cry like that and she had the I mean, I believe some of those high pitched screens though, I feel like she was really yeah, but the crying though, I'm like, I felt bad for one second and I'm like, you're lying.
Speaker 3: It's not nice.
Speaker 1: It was the look at the camera. That was mischievous, that was wrong, you know, and I feel like Laurl's gonna watch us back and be like wow, like that she's going to realize the reality of what it was, which is kind of messed up. But enough about that, Let's get into a more exciting thing, which is our interview with Derek Chavs. Yes, so stay tuned, we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, enough of that, Let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, this is our favorite part of the podcast where we get to interview a very special competitor. This person absolutely dominated this season. I mean, I can't even stress the amount of times that we were just impressed by the athletic performance and the overall gameplay. Derek Chavez has been on two All Stars. Now he's from the real world, Cancun, and today he is here to spill all the tea on All Stars for Welcome.
Speaker 4: Derek, Yay, grabbing me back.
Speaker 2: Finally, listen, I don't know who you borrowed those legs from or where they came, or maybe you had them just like for backup.
Speaker 3: You are fast at shit.
Speaker 2: We saw you on one in this in the stadium where you had to run to the seats. I was like, is anyone else even like participating in the challenge within because you were like so far ahead And then we see it in this episode too, I'm like, oh, you're not beating Derek in a foot race.
Speaker 3: I had no idea that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not just stead either, it's the no. But this is the thing, like, and I stressed, and I I talk about this all the time and I've said it in multiple podcasts and everything. I was like, I never get the chance. And it's not because I'm bad at challenges. I've never I've gotten last maybe two times in my entire challenge history, like gotten last to where that sends me directly into the final. I always just get voted in. People just keep voting me in, and I'm like, bro, like, let me at least try, you know. Yeah. So the fact that I was super happy that I got to showcase and I think it was I don't remember which on his first I think it was the Bubblehead one that that was the one where I'm like, I definitely show showcase that I can run fast and with this big ass things on our head and which ramp that hill.
Speaker 2: But it's it's different being capable there because there are a lot of people that are capable of running, like, but you're like, it's different, Like you're fast than most people.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying like, oh, I didn't know you could do anything athleta, it was Yeah, I didn't know you were that fast.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think what it's coming across as is like, you know, when Jordan competes, he's just that much further ahead of the pack, and you're like, Oh, this guy just he's on in.
Speaker 3: This All Stars world.
Speaker 1: You are giving that Jordan energy in terms of how you are.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I really want to see what it's all like when the world's collide, if that ever happens in the future, because you are just putting up such an incredible show. Dude, You're crushing it, and like you said it, like it's been amazing for you personally to like be able to show that side of yourself. What has it been like watching this episode back and then being able to get your star and lock yourself into your final.
Speaker 4: I mean so throughout the entire season. For whatever reason, I just had it in my mind. I don't have to go into an elimination. There's gonna be an opportunity for me to get a star somewhere I'm not gonna have. I'm not going to So the two times that I was able to maybe get in there, I'm like, this isn't my time, this isn't my time. But then TJ was like, well that was your last time to try for and I'm like, nah, there's there's something still going on. But as soon as he told us like, this is your one last opportunity, I'm like, here it is. This is my I'm gonna this is my way into the final And it was crazy to me because it was annoying because all the star holders were just there getting to drink and everything. We had to like put on the show in front of room. But I knew once that was on the line and it was either get that star go home. I knew I was getting a star. There was no way anybody was gonna be and.
Speaker 3: You were the first person done.
Speaker 2: I mean I heard from Ryan that those little disc things that you guys had to paddle on were like no.
Speaker 4: There were a couple yeah, And for whatever reason, so I was in the water first and I was going I could not thrust my hips the way that you're supposed to. I'm like, oh yeah, there was times when I like spun the all the way around and was spinning like I could not get straight, like, and then Laurel just gets in there, just as if she's done it her whole life and just goes ahead.
Speaker 3: That's her.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So then when we get to the middle of the star too, it was crazy because she had been in that she had been in the middle for a little while, Like why is she still down there? It was the hardest thing. They made it seem like we were gonna be able to like be above and still like breathe. No, you had to go all the way underwater and all of this rope to the edge of the star, and there was a key on each point of the star, so you couldn't go to the same point that somebody else did. So once that key was gone, like you had to go to a different point. So like, could you say shitty as it was for Ryan and Avery? No, I mean you could, but it was like murky water. But if if Ryan and Avery were able to actually get to that star and to the and get their keys, they would have had to done the furthest two points in the back because we had gotten the front ones. So but then we start going again and I started, I'm the first one, like take off, and then Laurel just takes off again, Like Jesus, how is she doing that? She had already been in that slop And then to be able to get in there and finish before everybody, that was cool, Like I was. I was super happy.
Speaker 3: Like what was slop? I was like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: So they told us what it was. It's not mud whatever it was. It was all on the top and there was still water below it, so it was floating on the top of this watery There was a word that they used for it, but it was it was hot. So as soon as you got in there just literally like sucked your body and it was just like heat. It was just stayed in there for a while and something I don't know what the.
Speaker 2: Hell poop it was poopsu Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was glitterally.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like a little little elf took a ship in there because it was really glitterally too.
Speaker 1: So production walked over with a little vial of glitter and was like and this.
Speaker 4: I do like this because those those keys that they gave us, Ryan ended up getting his too, so he made me a and him a necklace with our keys. So I have my key store sweet and it didn't show it, but I gave it. I gave him my star, so I gave him the stars that I gave so he could. Yeah. But after everything, yeah, after everything was done, we all stayed another week because it was my birthday, so we stayed. We stayed there, so it was cool. So that's what's amazing. That's kind of like what our our goal in the beginning was, like, obviously we want to win, but we really wanted to just like hang out with each other. I love it.
Speaker 1: You know when you when you first saw what the final competition was to get that last star, did you think to yourself, obviously we saw in your interview like you felt the spirit of your sister with you, which was so moving. Did you think just looking at the challenge at itself that you were going to be good at it? Did you have any nerves whatsoever?
Speaker 4: I had nerves with the paddling, but when there was running, I'm like, okay, well I'm getting definitely getting into that tree first, Like there's no way anybody's be to me. But that rope, I mean, you guys have fucking dealt with These ropes are two hundred pound ropes.
Speaker 3: Or so heavy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that took a little while longer than I wanted it to. But like, once getting in the water and getting to that star and then I was the first to get out of it, I'm like, all right, I got this, But I was a little ner. You mean, you're always a little nervous, even though you know you're capable of doing whatever. There's always that one little chance. Like Adam was super close. He got into that sledge right after me, and I'm like, holy shit, Like I was way ahead and now he's here, So there's that chance to right, they could somebody could just take it away from you, you know, So seeing it, I was ready for that because that's what I trained for, and I was I was hoping that was like kind of an indication of maybe what the final is going to be like.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, it looks like that might not be what the final is gonna be like. But nah, I do have a question before you guys even start. Flora is like, excuse me, I need to say something. Were you expecting her. Did she talk to you guys before the challenge? Did you know that she was that injured or Flora?
Speaker 4: This girl, this lady fucking got flung and got rope burn. She had bruises everywhere. I mean, she put up through a lot. So like I kind of had it in me. She looked bad to start with it. So the fact that she was still contemplating maybe running it was was very respectable. But like, yeah, no, we knew she was something was gonna happen. And you guys have been to South Africa before. You guys think you were there for Worlds or whatever. It's just it was the same. The temperature. It was so hot that first challenge with the app in the apple orchard, Veronica almost couldn't do it. Yeah, it was bad. It was hot, and I had I think we still happened. I still have a tan from that first day.
Speaker 3: I don't know how y'all got the hot South Africa because we did not.
Speaker 4: We got the hot South Africa and we're like, all right, there's gonna be a water challenge. Nope, there's gonna be a water challenge. Nope, there's gonna be a what Nope, we didn't do fucking water challenge until like challenge eight or nine. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they wanted to see. You know what, when we do give you.
Speaker 2: A water one, we're gonna make it like this little tiny plank that you're gonna have to run off of.
Speaker 4: How hey, I mean obviously you guys thought I was Ryan on that when he was doing his little kitty cat crawl up the things she did.
Speaker 2: She crawled, Yeah, yeah, listen by any means necessary. Yea, yeah, so yeah, I would kitty cat mew up there too. Tori has an inner cat. She made pussy cat crawl.
Speaker 4: It might be the new.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, But I'm so proud of both of you because, you know, as much as there they try to have like representation and whatever else, Like, it was just so nice to see it because it wasn't, you guys.
Speaker 4: Representation as being like the gay boys or whatever, but like that whole final had me Nicole, Veronica Laurel.
Speaker 3: It was a queer final.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, very that's amazing.
Speaker 4: So I was super proud of that, but especially.
Speaker 2: For you guys, especially for you guys, though, I think that it's nice to see it.
Speaker 4: And I finally got to play a game where I hadn't. I've never gotten like the chance to play a game where I have like a social part in it, Like I had friends in every corner, so it didn't matter what happened, Like we always took care of each other regardless of where we were. And I've never been able to do that, so be able to be able to skate through and not because I was avoided it, like because I was afraid of whatever. But I skated through and not had to see an elimination and made a final and had the most wins out of any guy in that Will challenge. Like it was awesome starting the way I started, because I was like, it's an individual game, I'm gonna chick ass. And then I fucking get last.
Speaker 3: Watch this.
Speaker 1: Yikes, you just had to warm up a bit, you know what I'm saying. You really carry. You really carried the second half of the season, like you really did, so you really got to put yourself on the back for that. And yeah, it's been so beautiful to watch you this season, like you said, even for a viewer, we're like we get to see what you are made of, I think for the first time ever, like really getting to see it, So yeah, that's just really cool. And then that it's happening later in your career, whereasas most people, you know, what happens earlier, but you get to shine now, which is so amazing. And I want to talk a little bit about your sister again because I know last time we had you on the podcast, we had discussed this because this was your All Stars Too experience. Yeah yeah, and then you know we got to talk to you a little bit about that, and now again, like tell us a little bit about what it's like competing for your sister and feeling her energy and how you've been as you know, time has progressed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so obviously people will want to tell you like it might get better, it gets easier. It doesn't, and there's there's times and especially there like I I cry, But I cried so much on this challenge, and it was mainly because I felt her and I was wanting to make like, I know, she's always going to be proud, you know, like there's that's not a question in my mind, but to be able to like prove and stuff, you know, because this is what I wanted to do on All Stars Too. And I was ready to compete on All Stars too, and then it just unfortunately this happened and it took that chance away from me. So I was just like, I don't want that to be like my ending, you know, So to be able to come down and do All Stars four and then actually showcase what made me really happy too was Leroy out of all people, was like, Damn, I didn't know how good you were. He's like, I'm gonna make sure that everybody knows how good you are. Like it's not He's like, he goes, I don't care what you are, like how like how how you present yourself whatever. He's like, you're a badass athlete and you can compete. And I'm like, he's like, I was super proud of you. So that was cool too, like to hear from somebody like Lee, right, you know, yeah yeah so but no, but just I her necklace with me all the time. It just I love being able to compete and have her right next to my heart like it's and she's always there too, mind you. I left her in can kuon and me and Ryan. She's there with Ryan right now because she got left in can Kun. But Ryan's Ryan's sick.
Speaker 3: Of course, A time that vacation looks so fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what, even though I mean, I'm happy that le Roy gave you your flowers, but it's always nice to play it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, who me for me do this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because now now people know, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now people know now that you're now you're a threat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nicole Veronica, A few people literally I love it. Yeah, what was your thought about that?
Speaker 4: So I love that, especially Laurel. Like I don't know if it like progressed through the season, but like I got really close with her and just are like our dynamic together us pairing up together, we killed it and every time that we were together, we like dominated. So to be able to win that last final with her like was everything because it was like we we knew we were gonna do this, and we knew that we were both going to make it, and to do it at the same time too was awesome. So yeah, getting like the getting the flowers from all them too. I really wish I wanted to work a little more with Cara, just because how good she is at everything. But like there was one point, it was the stadium one and I was like, caraa, let's keet partners and she literally like looked at me. She's like A So I was like, okay, that's cool. So then afterwards, when she saw how fast I was, She's like, oh, wow, you're really fast. I'm like yep, so wow.
Speaker 2: You know, it's always nice to flex after the fashion, you know, like I told you, you don't see me partnered me.
Speaker 1: It's always enough to get respect.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, I'm ready. I'm hopefully this this actually showcased everything and it's not going to be people's people like oh oh, Derek only got cast to get sent home First Store. Derek only got cast because blah blah blah, you know, like I can actually compete, So it's good.
Speaker 2: You can shut everybody up, which I love. But what I loved so much about this episode is Ryan.
Speaker 4: His soul, I know, and then.
Speaker 3: You you get to see what he what he thinks of you, and like how.
Speaker 4: Proud he is of you, I know, and that he didn't show it, but he left the letter afterwards and we read it and we all cried and everything, but yeah, he left the letter that was like super proud of you. I need to do this. This is our goal to get there, he's like one of one of us had to get there. So it's like, I'm happy it was you and yeah, and we but we knew at some point we were gonna have to go against each other. We know that. I'm not dumb, you know, right. It was good that it was that way and not like a physical one on one or something, which I would have hated. Yeah, but I mean this was this was all of our opportunity to get into it, you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The physical one on one just turns one o one. One on one just turns into like maybe Rock's paper scissors or like a hug who could smother the other one with hugs? Yeah, because like you don't you don't want to, but I think it's it says something amazing about this whole experience that you can find one person who you really connect with, that you know, like has got you in life, you know, and forever. And I think that you and Ryan found that each other.
Speaker 4: And it's really nice and it was cool to like to reconnect because we met. We met right after my Real World season. We were doing our reunion and you know that Irish bar that they send us, Yeah, so I had met them there and he was living with Paul at the time, and then I stayed with them, and so we became friends. And then we just kind of like every now and then said hi, but getting back on All Stars too, and being able to connect and then stay as close as we are, and now we're we did All Starts four together, and hopefully we do something else in the future soon, you know.
Speaker 3: I wish, yeah.
Speaker 4: Cool, cool to have somebody like that.
Speaker 1: I loved your interview last episode where you were like, yeah, I'm just gonna buy us our our mansions so we can have nine cats and drink tea like old ladies. And that's that's when I knew. I like, was a huge fan of you because you mentioned we're.
Speaker 3: Also moving in. We're also going to move in take the basement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I'm more of a dog person, honestly, But that's that's fine.
Speaker 3: I'll get the dogs.
Speaker 4: I just feel like, I just feel like eighty year old gay men need to have cats too.
Speaker 1: False advertising.
Speaker 3: I'm moving out, was the cower. You can have a lesbian wing full of cats.
Speaker 1: Fine, yeah, I'd love that.
Speaker 4: I love that for me.
Speaker 2: All right, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, enough of that, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: This season of All Stars is giving so much, you know obviously like with all the personal stories and then like seeing the amazing competition, like this is a sacked final and it's like really clear looking at the lineup, I was like, oh shit, what was it like for you? Because obviously last time your experience on the challenge was getting eliminated very early, and this time around you're going to a final, Like what was the change the shift that happened within you to get you to this place of success?
Speaker 4: Honestly, Honestly, it was just being able to be given the chance to like actually do challenges because yeah, like I'm good at them, So I was able to do that and win a few and like have some say in what was going on. But eliminations just aren't my thing, you know, Like and it's I usually end up having to do like a fish one and it's always I'm like, okay, well here we go again. Like I've never been able to get like a like a legit puzzle or something that could like hater to me, you know. Yeah, but the springs off, right, the switch was just being able to actually play the game, like we had numbers. I made some decisions on who to send in, Like when I got to send in Brad, that was really hard because he was part of our whole, Like we called it the Queen's corner in our room, and it was coming down to like send people and I don't I didn't want to play the game, or we're just going to keep sending Steven like that wasn't my I didn't want to do that, and he was already hurt, like it wasn't fair. Adam wanted to go in, and I'm not sending Ryan in, So that was I was like, who else am I going to send in? I'm like, sorry, Brad, Like it's got to be you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well I think that's respectable to not want to send the same person in over and over again if you don't have to. Obviously, like sometimes it's uncomfortable to make those decisions, but like I mean, you gotta do what you gotta do, and obviously you're all your decisions led you to this point in the game where you are where you are right now. So yeah, it's like you got to look back at it all and be like everything every move that you made was important and imperative for you to get where you are in the game, and then everything is washed and then now all of a sudden, you're in an RV with TJ driving.
Speaker 4: So that was the funnest thing to being able to like do that. I love the whole like nod back to road rolls throughout the whole the whole season. Yeah, it was really cool. But yeah, I know, getting to that final though, I was like, so we're standing there and he's telling us, like, anybody can win this, and he always says stuff like that. You're like, okay, tee, let's let's run sixty two miles already, let's get it, let's get it going. But the fact that anybody could really win, I was like, shit, like, this isn't the final that I was expecting and like wanting. But it was cool though, like getting to experience like being on top of that car and shooting the paintballs. That was fun.
Speaker 2: How many people hit the secret Star just me? You know, you're the queen, You're the star Queen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they.
Speaker 1: Would have been better if it was worth like five points.
Speaker 4: No I swore it was, but yeah, no it was. But it was crazy. Yeah, but we're like shooting whatever. And I was really I think that was my downfall, not getting the advantage too because I was shooting, but I was also paying attention to where that other star was. There was like a little turn you passed it and I saw it on the side. I'm like, okay, that's where it is. So there's like a little turn that they did, and you start shooting at these stars and like literally I stopped shooting to like focus on that star and I hit it. So I was like, all right, cool. It was. It was insane, like I've never been on something like that. It felt really cool, but it sucks if you ran out of your paintball is like early, super early. That's why I was kind of like being strategic too, because if you run out of your paintballs, you're done.
Speaker 3: Wow. Did they say that in the rules? How many paintballs you got?
Speaker 4: Or did I miss that? One hundred? There was one hundred hundred?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, okay, dude.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about LeRoy's precision as a barber. I'm thinking he gets it from being a barber, because he even.
Speaker 3: Had it with his star with that electric like that.
Speaker 1: Man is coming in with the precision this far.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah. And it was funny too because I really needed a haircut towards the end and I was gonna sit down with Leroy. I'm like, hey, can you cut my hair? But to that point where we were at Adam just got eliminated. I was like, shit, everybody that's gone a haircut from LeRoy's is going home. So I'm like, no, just wait, you know, I'll just wait till everything goes work.
Speaker 3: That not a haircut curse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cut curves, damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean people really start believing in that switching deadircut.
Speaker 4: I didn't the first two challenges where I was in the bottom on the first one and second one, I was wearing a tank top. I didn't wear that tank top till the very end anymore. I was like, fuck that I'm not wearing No, I got to figure out what's changing. And then what happened. I won third and fourth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really start getting like these crazy superstitions, like I didn't wear underwear for once, while I rarely do. I don't care if it's TMI, but like you wear like certain socks and like, oh you lose that day. You're like, I'm never wearing my challenge socks again.
Speaker 4: I don't wear high socks on the first one. I don't wear high socks on the person one either. That's like my thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I think I wear challenge socks on the first one. But I death, I'm weird about the underwear thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't change.
Speaker 3: I always double my pants.
Speaker 1: I don't change for all season.
Speaker 4: I don't watch my uniform I final off to either, Like, I'll try to keep one of the uniforms dirty too, because when I was competing in high school and stuff, I would never watch my uniform when we would win.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nope, Well, obviously whatever you were doing was working for you, because you know you're in the final and you're you hit the magical star that first round. When you like looked around you after that first little part of the final, who did you feel like your biggest competition was.
Speaker 4: Well after that first part and Lera got the advantage, I'm like, kell, Yeah, like Lea is going to be the one to beat now. You know, obviously there's Laura and Kara. Those are the only other two that I was worried about. But yeah, no. I after that first part, I'm like, oh, got the advantage. We know he's you know, to play.
Speaker 1: But even even with a style of final like this, I'm not sleeping on Veronica. Let's yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: No, she just shocked herself. I like it.
Speaker 2: Let me go what you We have our periods for like forty eight days out of a year.
Speaker 3: Cramps are worse than getting shocked. I feel like.
Speaker 2: There's a certain kind of pain tolerance, and I feel like she's the type of woman she can kind of move it around.
Speaker 3: She you know, it's kind of her matro.
Speaker 4: Like I really wish I would have known who actually won them, because like, obviously we didn't get to see anybody do it, but I probably he looked like she did the best ace too. Yeah he did that fast. But I was really surprised and proud of her how how fast she did that. But we were just joking the entire time, like once she had her star, we knew she wasn't gonna lose it because obviously you want to keep Like That's why I like Laura was around for so long, because the girls were like, well, there's our scapegoat if we need to, like really need a star. You know, like we'll get it from her or whatever. So that's why I like a lot of people just kept Ronica too, because they're like, well, if it's a final, like she has to do and she was like, I might actually have to do this final, like I'm scared.
Speaker 2: I feel like everybody thinks that way because it's like, you want to get to a final, but you get there and you're like, I don't know if I really like because you hear of them or you've been in one and you're like, oh God, sleeping outside and doing whatever, like you work the whole season to get there, and you like, do I read, but.
Speaker 3: Do I really want to fucking do this?
Speaker 2: But the thing is that like I hate that people like, oh, we'll leave these people around.
Speaker 3: Like if we have to go get it.
Speaker 4: But also she was very very very like without much she didn't want to no, not being okay with that, but how much she did not want to run this final, like, oh shit, I want to win, but do I really want to do this? So she was very upfront about itself.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to run it. She wanted to ride it on the top of a bar with a paintball gun in her hand, not that she wanted to do it, and that's what she got.
Speaker 3: That's the final she got me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was definitely catered to that, which is good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's cool when anybody can win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because then then you.
Speaker 3: Kind of watch and you never know, you never.
Speaker 4: Know, Anisa. So I was, I mean, I'm glad that it actually showed me saying how scared I wasn't getting shocked because on Rivals too, I had just shocked myself before then. I couldn't open my mouth all the way. Remember, and we did this challenge where we were, oh, this challenge where I had to like, yeah, we had to do like this thing where we had to put a ball in our mouth. I could not put the ball in my mouth because I couldn't open my mouth like I could not.
Speaker 3: We were your attached to our partner and we had to pick a top and crawl.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So and Carr got put in the game because nat Naomi had to leave.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I literally it was called like the X Games or something like that or Triple X games, Triple X games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this wouldn't do it, and then CT had to do it by myself.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, did we get shocked before that?
Speaker 4: I did. I was running a tough mutter and I got shocked so bad. So that was just like PTSDs.
Speaker 3: We got shocked later that season, I.
Speaker 4: Know you did. Thank God I didn't do it, but I had like really bad people. I wouldn't. I don't think I would have done it. If I stayed there and did that, I probably would have been like, no, well.
Speaker 3: I feel less guilty, dude.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I think I think the shock factor is truly a shock factor one when you're in a competition, So I really I get it why it's terrifying, and I'm just I'm mostly shocked by Ace Veronica and all the people had just went up there and gave no fucks, because then you just wonder what more is? What more like is that person came.
Speaker 4: And my dumb ass was like listening to like technique and stuff, and Steve kind of fucked me on that one. And he didn't do it like on purpose, but he was like, oh, yeah, if you do it this way and you like take your time doing it this way or whatever, you won't touch it. I'm like, all right, so I'm gonna try to do that. And the thing is It wasn't completely like on shock the entire time it was going on and like second like it was like two seconds on and then two seconds off. So there was a point where I hit it a few times, I'm like, I didn't get shocked, What the hell? So like I try to do it again and then I got shocked.
Speaker 1: You know, do you think it was scarier than not being able to watch other people compete, because then you're just listening to people scream and then you're just.
Speaker 4: Like and then I definitely let my inner sabage fucked me in that one. I was like, fuck, they're getting shocked, I'm going to get Like then I start thinking about my jog and I'm like this is fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And do you think that, like so far the Final has been solo competitions where you don't get to see your competitors' work, do you think that the whole rest of the Final is gonna continue like this or.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think it's gonna be. I definitely think it's gonna be where we're not gonna be able to see each other's stuff, Like it's gonna be. It was just crazy too because even this season, like we didn't get to see a lot of the elimination stuff, Like we couldn't see puzzles, we couldn't see right, like all that stuff, which I kind of like because that means nobody can help you from the stands. I like that, but it also makes it kind of hard to because I like to just look at the things that are happening and be like, oh I could have done that, or oh that looks cool like, and I try to solve it as the I'm going you know so, But but yeah, I think it's gonna definitely be since it's anybody's game, We're not gonna be able to see anybody's results or see anybody's stuff, especially in this big ass warehouse that we're in. Like it was creepy, Like going into it looked like a scary movie. Like it was. It was weird.
Speaker 3: They love to have those little elements of like of like not Screamed Jesus of like seven or so, yeah, where they like to freak you out.
Speaker 1: They have the movie set and then we have the actors, and we cast Leroy is fake screamer, and we cast Fule as fake crier.
Speaker 3: I thought she was really crying. I thought she was really yeah.
Speaker 4: So did I. And then this bitch looking at the camera too afterwards, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, dude, that is so Her screams were so high?
Speaker 1: Why is she so manipulative? Like what an asshole?
Speaker 4: That's her thing? Asshole that I get me wrong? Her stream kind of fucked me up to like it was a combination of LeRoy's didn't because I like, yeah, he went first. He's like, yeah, that hurt him like that that one was fake, but hers sounded real. And then her cry afterwards, I was like, ship, what if it's really that bad? Like so, her her cry and then Steve's little like like how to do it kind of just screwed me over. So I was just like, fuck, I'm in the bottom. I just did this to get here, and now I'm in the bottom. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Do you think now that you've done that okay and you have to if you were to have to do it again, do you think you'd be a little bit more relaxed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the shock was I mean, it hurt, but it wasn't as bad as the other one. Like the other one literally, you know, this one was right super quick and it was more like a like a punch, Like somebody just like punched you so nice. If I would have just done that, great, And from the very beginning, again, I wish I would have gotten shocked earlier, because if I would have gotten shocked earlier, I would have gone faster just to get it over. Yeah. So me being strategic and not touching it at all and not getting shocked at all the beginning screw screwed everything.
Speaker 1: And you know what it is, This is like just something that we all learn as we compete. It's like you have to just put your blinders on, especially when you don't get to see somebody else compete, because yes, we all want to get that information from people who have competed before us, just to see if you can get any hints. But also sometimes those things can get in our head and make us overthink. So it's like just go in there and do it by yourself and just figure out out when you're there. It's like, yeah, that's kind of the key sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, overthinking definitely puts you in a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really there was just I really, I mean, yeah, you want you don't want that many people because like everybody has to share that fifty thousand so we were like, if there's gonna be before they told us we're gonna be eliminated, be like, so one person's gonna win and seven of us are gonna split fifty thousand dollars really like that's crazy. And then he's like, oh, there's gonna be a elimination, Like ah, makes sense now. So it's like okay, but I could do this over again and make myself to a final. I would really really prefer a real final. Yeah, not that this wasn't a real final, but like I was, I wanted to eat cow guts and brains and eyeballs and I wanted to fucking.
Speaker 3: Wait, how did you prepare for that eating part?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't mind doing that. I can eat anything. My uncle is a butcher, and I used to like he would made us eat stuff like that, like not raw.
Speaker 2: So they were like, here the eyeballs eat yes, yeah, well they never make us eat anything raw, thank god, because we're.
Speaker 3: Not like I wish.
Speaker 4: When I had to eat the cow testicle on Battle of the Seasons, I'm like, I can do that. I've eaten that before, so I'd like be into it. And it was no, it's squishes. It fuckings. Yeah, I was like, I'm gonna opt out and to eat the intestine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have that layer of what's it called that like gelatinous like squishy layer on the outside of the testicle, which is like the memorin I'm guessing, I don't know, don't quote me. And then I think with intestines, if you leave them too cold, they start to get really fatty and hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: They look like they look like ramsiers because they're curly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're curly like this, and they don't grind down.
Speaker 2: I had I had to drink the chicken ones. They don't grind all the way down. So it's like, yeah, see, I'm I'm a more gaggy person. With like temperature, I can't do anything. It's like body temperature.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm a vegan. So I just practice eating my house plants. I just pick him up, pick them out right from the room.
Speaker 2: I lick, I lick dirt for my plants. I just go lick trees. YU just a big old hippie vegan. But you know, you should pray that you're on a show with Tori because they don't give you balls. Instead, they give you tofu balls and like green smoothies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everyone's like, that's worse. I'm like, listen, guys, all I'm saying is everybody wants to talk shit about how I don't eat meat until they're in a final with me, and then they don't have to eat meat.
Speaker 3: No, then you have to eat.
Speaker 2: Then you have to eat eight pounds of pasta. Yeah, which is fucking terrifying.
Speaker 3: That's worse.
Speaker 2: I'd rather choke down one blood sausage than eat a fucking Maggiano's dry ass.
Speaker 3: Dinner with toy.
Speaker 2: So Derek, you may, I mean, listen, there's a lot of future I feel for you, so you might be able to have a vegan feast with Victoria at some point.
Speaker 4: That was it too, like I I mean, if this was going to be my last hurrale, like I did it, like you know, I made it to a final whatever, so if I ever can't be fed again in the future, you know, Like I'm like, I think I proved myself that I am worth in biting back you now, like I bring something.
Speaker 2: Listen, you are you have always been so worthy and I love that there's like a spotlight on you now and it would be mind blowing and so disappointing if we didn't get to see you again. Yeah, I think you're going to give a lot of people a run for their money and you're going to be a threat. And I want to be there to watch it and not from my couch. If anyone's listening, production, we need to be reunited immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bitch wants to The Bitch wants to come back.
Speaker 3: Yes, the cities out.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Dan, Greg your titties?
Speaker 1: What do you think? The biggest takeaway from this season was? Obviously it's not over yet, so don't spoil everything for us. We're still rooting, no, but you know, the last day we get to talk to you. So yeah, what was the biggest takeaway?
Speaker 4: Just actually like believing in myself. And I know that sounds kind of corny, but it is, like I every night that I was there, I'm like, you got this, you got this, and like being able to just like talk myself into like doing doing it and doing well at everything that I was doing. So yeah, it's just a reassurance and a nice belief to myself. Is what I what I got out of it.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that, we love that we love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's really sweet. I think it's really important. I think every every time you go to compete in something like that, you meet yourself deeper and you become more confident. It's just repetition and you've proven it time and time again this season.
Speaker 2: So I think it's All Stars too. I think All Stars has a special magical thing.
Speaker 4: Where it does.
Speaker 2: It's like you find yourself again and in that space where people, whether they're vocal about it or not, root for you, where they depend on you, where they think highly of you, where they fucking respect.
Speaker 4: You, and everybody's just so happy for each other. And we were telling so like cam Leroy Carra, they all came in it like with the mindset of like the regular like the regular show, of how you're like supposed to like backstab and all this kind of stuff. They were trying to play like the regular game or like it's not like that, guys, like you guys are gonna see that on All Stars it's not like that, and literally come to find out like down the way, they're like, wow, this is really different, like it's and we like this, like this is cool. Everybody gets each other. Everybody's rooting for each other, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think it's great to go there and then like kind of find yourself again and then come back even better.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm so excited. Can you tease anything about the rest of this final without giving away the ending of the show?
Speaker 4: I can, uh, I can tell you that people stars mean something in this final. Yeah, so the stars weren't just pretty decorations. They mean something.
Speaker 1: Tell me right now. They open them up and inside there's some food. It's a lunch box.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's a pair.
Speaker 1: It's oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So no, they definitely come there. There. They play a big part in this final.
Speaker 2: Sick.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't wait to find out.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 2: But we are really really proud of you, and I think the viewers are going to fall in love with you all over again because you are magnificent. And I think everything happens, thanks girl, happens in the time that it should.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, like.
Speaker 4: A reason when it needs to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm really really proud of you.
Speaker 4: Oh and the bitch made the poster.
Speaker 3: Yes, legs made the poster.
Speaker 2: That's how you have that's how you have to make a name for you. About how fast you are. But I gotta figure it. I gotta figure it out. It has to be magnificent because I'm just thoroughly impressed with like your very fair gameplay.
Speaker 3: She didn't have to be messy.
Speaker 2: Like very straightforward like game and it all like played out for you. You make it to the final and you impress people along the way, and you didn't have to be a dick.
Speaker 3: So she's been saying it all along.
Speaker 4: Girl, she's a track star.
Speaker 2: Legs, she's a track star.
Speaker 4: She's about to back state champion and track girl, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, would you run?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hurdles was flexible.
Speaker 4: The no. I did the one ten, but I also did the three hundred hurdles too. I was.
Speaker 3: You're a sprinter. One ten you would have been out of it.
Speaker 4: And also I also can run long distance too, so we know.
Speaker 2: If anyone needed to know, we saw it on the bleachers, because I mean.
Speaker 3: I saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 2: It just got done a round, just ran three miles in five minutes. If anyone was one in the hot Arizona sun, if anyone was wondering, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Know right, you got to throw it in your bracelet Arison. It's one hundred and twenty degrees and I just ran five miles but no big to work now.
Speaker 1: Well, Derek, since we're talking about your Instagram, where can we follow you and how can we support you and follow your journey and make sure we send you a bunch of pictures of Anissa.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm really really creative when it comes to my name. First off, I was the first person to have TV Derek, and then I got rid of it and now Derek kay as it. But it's just my name. So it's Derek us you with periods in between each letter D dot dot dot k dot.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you can be paramount Derek.
Speaker 4: Right, I was gonna be Derek PEP plus plus.
Speaker 1: I think that's good.
Speaker 3: I really want that to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Derek for taking I'm out of your day and it has been such a pleasure watching you. I cannot wait to see what happens at the continuation of this episode.
Speaker 4: Right, Thanks for having me, guys, it's good to be back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she bet.
Speaker 3: I am so impressed by Derek.
Speaker 2: Not only is he such a kind and funny person, but I'm just so proud of his efforts and how far he has come.
Speaker 3: This season.
Speaker 1: I agree. He really is just an amazing competitor and he got to show that. And also he's has a very moving story and it was movable to watch him express that and be so open about that, especially after his experience on All Starts too. So just like, come back, queen, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm excited to see what the future has to hold, And Anissa, I'm excited to see what your future has to hold. Where can we follow, well, my future.
Speaker 3: Has to hold?
Speaker 1: I don't know where can we follow you? On Instagram?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You can follow me there on Instagram. It's Anissa MTV A N E E s A m t V on Instagram, Tory, where can they follow you?
Speaker 3: Support you?
Speaker 1: You guys can follow me on Instagram as well. Tory Underscore deal. It's where I like to be. If you want to come see me, come slide the med.
Speaker 2: Okay, and thanks for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge Podcasts. And if you liked this episode, please rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, and go ahead and tell a friend
Speaker 1: And make sure you catch new episodes of the Challenge All Stars on powermount Plus and we'll see you next time on MTV's official Challenge podcast.