Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode ninety eight, What's Right with Nick Wright after a great listen, Yesterday was not a great day of football, but it was a great evening of football. It You know, it is so nice in such a polarizing, trying times, seemingly tragedy after tragedy, blotting the news with the holidays coming up, that all of us have won part of our lives that we can rely on, which is, if Patrick Mahomes is the nationally televised game, we can all as a country get together and collectively watch the greatest player to ever play. Show us once again, Why is the greatest player to ever play? I said to Demons yesterday, I don't eat. You know how people if they have traumat childhoods, they block out memories. They just have big patches of time missing. I said to Montay yesterday, I don't even know how I was a football fan before Patrick Mahomes came into my life. I don't know how I dealt with Matt Castle and Brody Troyle and even the Alex Smith and Trent Green years were decent, but you just knew that the hammer was coming at some point. Now you are the hammer. Now you get to be that guy, I gotta tell you rooting for Patrick Mahomes ten out of ten strongly recommend. Here is what is not on the show today. Not making the show today is Kyrie rejoining the Nets. Also, I don't think making the show today Klay Thompson showing one forty one and back to back good games. But yesterday's game was outstanding and they needed all of it to beat the Rockets because they're not any good. But Clay Clay bouncing back is a great story. The Rams dropping to three and seven, Matt Stafford injured. The Rams are two weeks away from officially having the worst defense of a Super Bowl in NFL history, and that is a guarantee that it's coming. Do you know off the top of your head who the Rams play next week?
Speaker 4: By the way, Uh, maybe the Bills.
Speaker 3: No, the Chiefs. Oh, they play the Chiefs. That'd be nice. And then Team USA at two pm Eastern today on Fox plays Wales. If you're watching US live, it obviously hasn't happened yet. England just trounced a run in the opening game today. Yesterday Ecuador crushed Cutter in the opening game of the World Cup. We will cover the World Cup on this show. However, the England Whales game, I'm sorry, the US Whales game, pardon me, which is, if the US wins that game, I see no scenario where they don't advance to the group stage. If they lose that game, they're starting off way behind the eight ball. A draw would be okay, but a win and you're in great shape. I'm predicting a nothing to nil. I should say United States win. If you're listening to this, you know, after the game is played, you'll see how I do. All right, demons, let's get to it. What are we starting with today?
Speaker 4: A new weyek, same story, man, The Chiefs were down late and came back. This week's victims the LA Chargers, who scored a touchdown with one six remaining. Yeah. Mams led a seventy five yard drive capped off with a touchdown from Travis Kelce. Yeah. He also increased his win streak in the months of November and December to twenty five games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's also never lost a road game in his division, which is like pretty crazy, it's impossible. Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh, Mahomes officially lock up his standing to be MVP.
Speaker 3: Oh well, no, listen, We're gonna talk a lot about this game. The idea. I saw a lot of people saying that, yes, say, oh, the MVP race is over. Let me remind about how the voters in the past have screwed this up. In twenty twenty, Patrick Mahomes was the defending Super Bowl champion. Defending Super Bowl MVP did not win MVP the year before because Lamar did. So It's not like voter fatigue. He'd only ever won one. They were the defending champs. He played fifteen games, didn't play the sixteenth thing because they had everything locked up. He went fourteen and one, had thirty eight touchdowns and six picks, a one toh eight rating, and got one MVP. Aaron Rodgers won it. Josh Allen finished second, Mahomes finished third. So the idea that the voters come the end of December might not convince themselves well actually it's Tua, or well actually it's Jalen, or some other nonsense that could happen. Now. MVP voting changed just on Friday. It got announced previously what the NFL had done. Fifty voters submit one name, unlike the NBA, where you submit a ballot one through five the NFL's changing it where they are submitting a ballot now of one through five for MVP. Obviously he's the MVP. Obviously he's the best player in the league, but that doesn't mean he's gonna win it. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Tua, Yeah, we always get on your head for like, you know, like your takes that age badly. But you were spot on on the last part about getting on the Chiefs after the Charges took the lead and getting all the money line. So I'm giving that credit where it is due.
Speaker 3: I told you guys on TV and on the pot. I told America, don't lay the six. It started at seven, got all the way down to four and a half, said don't lay that with the Chiefs. Wait until they're trailing, and then bet them either minus less than a field goal or on the money line. I did both yesterday. I made three live Chief Chief bets.
Speaker 4: Yesterday.
Speaker 3: I bet them my is two and a half when they were down early, because now you only have to win by a field goal. I bet them at halftime plus one twenty to win, and then I bet them right after the Chargers scored a touchdown at plus one seventy when they were down. What would it be down four with a minute forty five and two timeouts? So I bet them three times live in game I want it. So we'll talk big picture in a moment. But about that game, people killed me because the Chiefs were up three after the Keenan Allen fumble and there was about eight minutes left and they're driving. And for me, obviously what you're rooting for there is a touchdown, go up ten in the game. But my worst case scenario in that spot was not a turno. For me, the worst case scenario would have been a long drive that ends in a field goal, where you go up six, there's like three and a half to four and a half minutes left, and it's just gonna be the Chargers get the ball left. So the Chiefs then fumble and the Chargers get the ball with seven minutes left, and I tweeted, obviously I wanted a touchdown, but oddly I prefer a turnover with seven minutes then a field goal with four minutes, and every the replies to that tweet, Oh my god, people, so many memes the crying guy with the mask on, tell me how this makes sense. But the logic was exactly what played out. With seven minutes left, Mahomes is getting the ball back, and if Mahomes is getting the ball back, we're gonna win. The only thing I didn't want was the Chiefs to go up less than a full touchdown, take enough time off the clock where the Chiefs defense, which played okay yesterday and is better this year than in the year's past, but I still don't fully trust that the game could end with her just driving the field and with twenty seconds left scoring a touchdown to go up one. That's so the reason that I felt that way is the Chiefs with Mahomes do feel inevitable. So it's not just twenty five straight in November and December, like you said, it's not just twenty four and three his career in the division, which is absurd when you consider that division has had Philip Rivers justin Herbert, Derek Carr and of course the clown Show that the Broncos have had at quarterbacks. But it's not like Brady going up against the AFC East forever in these terrible divisions career. It's supposed to be a good division with good quarterbacks. The fourteen and zero on the road is insane. But the more insane numbers are Mahomes in his career when trailing by ten points, which he never did in this game, win sixty percent of his games. Second best is Brady at third. Mahomes now when trailing going into the fourth is nine and six sixty percent of his games when trailing going into the fourth quarter he wins. The next best quarterback I just saw this tweet. The next best quarterback on that list is Jay Schroeder, who wins thirty five percent of his games. So nobody in league history wins thirty six percent of the time when trailing going into the fourth except for Mahomes, who does it sixty percent of the time. If if every game the Chiefs trailed going into the fourth quarter with that win percentage, they'd still be a playoff team. It is the most remarkable trait any quarterback has ever had. And then you add this to it, Kelsey is the best time endeavorly.
Speaker 4: So he got like this like three straight games, not three straight games, but he's had like a such and such amount of games with three plus touchdowns. Oh well, so this year I think he just broke a record last night.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he might have so he has two games this year with three plus touchdowns. He has a four touchdown game against the Raiders, a three touchdown game against the Chargers. The record he broke last night was most career one hundred yard games by a tight end. The record that in that single game parlay that I thought he was gonna like that him over eighty and a half. Also, no other tight end in NFL history has ever had four consecutive thousand yard seasons. Kelsey is one hundred and forty five yards away from his seventh consecutive thousand yard seasons. So it is I mean, he's thirty three years old, by the way, and he did it yesterday against Derwin James, the best safety in the league and a guy who historically has given Kelsey some problems. His final three catches were three touchdowns, all touchdowns, and they won them the game. And so you see these other quarterbacks like two time defending MVP Aaron Rodgers, who loses Davante Adams and is in shambles all year. The Chiefs trade away Tyreek Hill, mccol hardman injured for this game, Juju injured for this game. Kidarius Tony injured during this game. Who gives it in it doesn't matter, and that then brings us to this. Kent Swanson tweeted the rest of the AFC westpan a billion dollars to the throne the Chiefs, and it's over by Thanksgiving. So the Raiders added Davante Adams and Chandler Jones and traded a first in the second round pick. The Chargers added J. C. Jackson and Khalil Mack. The Broncos added Randy Gregory and Russell Wilson and traded what was it to first two seconds and three players. Those six players got five hundred and eighty million dollars worth of contracts. The Chiefs let Tyron Matthew, traded away Tyreek Hill, got younger, got extra draft picks, got extra cap room moving forward, and they are right now to win the division. And we're not yet to Thanksgiving minus seven thousand. So you want to win one hundred bucks on the Chiefs win the AFC West, all you gotta do is lay seven thousand dollars and you win a nice tidy one hundred dollars. They're the biggest favorites of any team to win any division in the league. It was supposed to be the toughest division ever. And I'm going to add one other point, thirty two teams left if you rank them one through thirty two. As far as remaining strength of skeale, so the combined record of all their opponents, the hardest schedule remaining is the Giants. They have Philly, they have Washington, Gopinas, they have Dallas. The teams they're playing have a combined winning percentage of like six't eighty. The easiest remaining schedule in the NFL the Kansas City Chiefs. So the benefit to playing nine of your first ten games against teams the previous year with a winning record is if you can get through at eight and two, it's smooth sale. And the rest of the way they are at Cincinnati, they are home for Seattle as their only games left against teams with a winning record. They have another game I would the Chiefs remain. Other than those two games, they have Houston, two against Denver the Raiders, and one other game that I can't remember right now. They are running away. They are going to run away with the one seed and it's not even going to be close. And so what's the one game I forgot? The Oh, the Rams the Rams this week. Right, the Rams are one of the three worst teams in football, The Texans, who are the worst team in football, the Broncos two of them against them, who have the worst offense in football, and the Raiders in the final week of the year, when the Chiefs will probably recipe, and then a tough game against Cincy and a tough ish game at home against Seattle Man. So many of my colleagues look like utter buffoons. Oh, the Chiefs are going to finish third in the division. Oh, the Chiefs took a step back of the AFC WES, the toughest division ever. Okay, somebody told y'all. Somebody told y'all, and I'm not in at you know what? We can move on? Do you want to say anything?
Speaker 4: No, I was just gonna say a while ago, imagine if it would have been in Kelsey instead of.
Speaker 3: Turry Kill that they traded away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you think that would have been a You think they would have been A I.
Speaker 3: Think that Kelsey is more valuable to the Chiefs than Tyreek jis. Well. Also, I think he is so far and away better than every other tight end you could. You can't duplicate what he does Hill, Mike he and Justin Jefferson the two best receivers in football. And you can't duplicate what Tyreek does, but you can piece meal some of it together. You get a super fast guy in Hardman, you get you know what I mean. You can get a shifty guy in Kadarius Tony. You can't do it with Kelsey. Kelsey, after Mahomes, is the second most important chief and third, by the way, is Chris Jones, who quietly has had the second best season of any defensive player in football, behind only Michael Parsons. All Right, by the way, Paul, question, is Kelsey the greatest tight end ever? Sixty six percent say yes, thirty four percent are wrong.
Speaker 4: Next, all Right, went into Minnesota and blew out the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Lost me a bet.
Speaker 4: Vegas may have known what they were talking about when they made Dallas a road favorite. Many people suspect that Many people suspected that the Vikings weren't as good as their record por trade, including you. Obviously, Minnesota now has a negative point differential for the season. Was this a Minnesota market correction or is it a doubts or is Dallas the top five team when.
Speaker 3: Dallas is rolling they do look like a top five team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta stop betting against them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be wise advice. What do you think Dallas at home on Thanksgiving against the Giants? What do you think? The line is.
Speaker 4: Plus six and a half?
Speaker 3: Dallas, Me Dallas favorite Dallas, Dallas by seven and a half. So you're right, You're right in line, all right. So the Vikings and the Giants, by the way, are combined fifteen and five, and their combined point differential is negative one. Those teams are not as good as their record suggest. And also, by the way, a little more embarrassing for that loss for the old Buffalo Bills last week. Oh you blow a seventeen point lead against a team that then just gets forty to three. That game to Momsey got taken off TV TV, And do you know how bad a Blawn has to be for the networks to take the Cowboys off TV in favor of Pittsburgh Cincinnati. And they did it not like with four minutes left, they did it in the third quarter. They're like, this thing is over. Listen, Collard looks awesome for Dallas. That defense, you know, after having a really poor showing against the Packers, is back to what it's been doing, and Michael Parsons was back to not exclusively but spending most of his time rushing the passer like he should have been, which is smart, and it was really exceptional job by the Cowboys. There's no way around it. If I'm doing the top five teams, this is just be off the top of my head, the Chiefs and the Dolphins have to be on there. I think I have the Niners up there. I know the record doesn't demand it. The Eagles deserve to be right in there, and then the Cowboys will be right alongside the Ravens, the Bills. We'll see the Bengals. A few more questions there. Yeah, I mean top five, top six. I gotta be honest with you. We're gonna talk a lot of Cowboys on the TV show today. I gotta find something interesting to say about them, because as good as they were yesterday, I don't have like a super hot or interesting Cowboys take. They kicked the crap out of the Vikings, yea, and to me it was more an indictment on the Vikings. I'd love to give Cowboys a ton of credit, and they do deserve it for winning that game. After the terrible Packers loss. It could have spiraled for them. It didn't, But to me that was the road. That was more about the Vikings. I understand the Vikings taking a you know, a exhaling after the win against Buffalo, but that was such a no show and such an embarrassing performance. It does make you wonder the Vikings if they're the two seed in the NFC, is they likely are gonna be and they're playing a home Round one playoff game against, for instance, San Francisco, Are you gonna feel comfortable with the Vikings at all? I'm not sorry, I'm just not all right.
Speaker 4: Next all right, Despite a win against Carolina fifty seven, the audist, by the way, I always forget to do this, says Dallas is not a top five team.
Speaker 3: And by the way, your questions or your comments put him in the chat. We'll get to them in the sea block. All right, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: Despite a win against Carolina on Sunday, Lamar Jackson has cooled off considerably after a hot start to the season. At the end of September, you said that the Ravens made a mistake by not giving him that extension. Now it looks like they are paying him the contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now it's.
Speaker 4: Looking like they may have been right. Was Lamar's huge bet on himself miss misguided?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. And it's not because Lamar is playing out of this world. It's because we all of a sudden, let's list the quarterbacks that we know are good. Okay, quarterbacks that we know are good, in no particular order. I'll just go through the standings. Okay, I'll just go through division by division. AFC's Josh Allen, and I'll include to it. I don't. I don't yet know Toua is good, but let's include him because he's playing so great. Okay, we're it too. In the AFC North Joe Burrow, we'll include Deshaun Watson even though he hasn't played football in two years. Okay, word four. In the AFC South Titans Colts, I'd love to include Trevor I can't yet in my heart he's included. Texans. No. AFC West Mahomes, Herbert Carr not sure, and we know Russell Wilson isn't. Okay. N FC East Jail and dak Yeah, okay, Daniel Jones in Heinike obviously not in it. NFC North set Kirk Cousins over here, Okay, Aaron Rodgers, don't know Justin Field's not enough yet. A dynamic but not enough yet. NFC South nobody. I mean, there's Brady, but Brady is forty five years old, Like, you know, he's not a sustainable player. Inn FC West put Gino over there because g know's you know what I mean, Jimmy g No, Kyler put him over there. And then Stafford, who's in real trouble. There are only eight quarterbacks that we know we're good with some question marks around the others. So even if you have all of those eight, which I wouldn't better than Lamar, Lamar's gonna get paid, you know what I mean. Nobody took a like. Even if you've been disappointed with how Lamar's played as of late, he is by any definition, a top ten quarterback. With Stafford going in the wrong direction, Rogers going in the wrong direction, Kyler going in the wrong direction, Russell Wilson going in the wrong direction, Derek Carr going in the wrong direction, Jimmy G's staying in the same direction right, Gino, Jalen and Tua are the three guys who prior to this year, we wouldn't have said are very good who have now elevated themselves to good. But we've had a half dozen guys go in the other direction. And there are certain guys that I didn't even mention that we now know we can just write off. We can just right off Mac Jones, we can just write off Zach Wilson. They're done. Trevor's is a question mark for some I like him, but we call him a question mark. We can right off Russell Wilson, he's done. We can right off I know people get mad at this. You can write off Daniel Jones. He finally had to throw the football yesterday and you saw what happened. So some of these now you can a guy who was starting to get written off but is now moving in the right directions. Justin Fields. Yeah. But so when you have these young quarterbacks, so many of whom were like, oh, we don't know you, and now they're out, and only one guy in justin Field's like oh we didn't know, now he's in. So Lamar has helped himself not by virtue of him being great, but him being fined and the rest of the league just going in the wrong direction, so they'll I'll tell you right now if you don't think so. There's two types of franchise tags, right. There's the exclusive franchise tag, which would be forty five million for Lamar next year and fifty five million the year after, fully guaranteed each year, and then he'd be a true free agent. And then there's the non exclusive franchise tag, which would be cheaper, but a team can forfeit its next two first round picks and sign the player away from you. You don't think the New York Jets, if the Ravens put the non exclusive tag on Lamar, would give Lamar the best contract any player's ever gotten in NFL history. You don't think they'd offer him six years, three hundred million, fully guaranteed, fifty million a year for six years, fully guaranteed. I do.
Speaker 4: They can change up some situations.
Speaker 3: Right, And so that's why the Ravens didn't play this way, because the market for him, even without him playing at a super high level the last six weeks, the market for him has gone up, not gone down. All right, next, All.
Speaker 4: Right, we were pretty sure Josh McDaniels is the worst coach in football this week, but not to be outdone that. Hackett did a hell of a job blowing the game to Vegas.
Speaker 3: Picks, my goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they both make JEP Saturday look like Vince Lombardi. Which AFC train wreck is in a worse spot moving forward, Denver or Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not even close.
Speaker 4: We already know the answer here, by the way, Broncos are owing three and overtime right now.
Speaker 3: The answer is Denver, and it's gone by the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so some of.
Speaker 3: These Denver stats are not to be believed. Their record with Demons, they're three and seven, okays are all three and seven right now? Yes, but two and oh against the Broncos, the Raiders, one and seven against the NFL, and two and oh against the Bronco. Uh. The Denver Broncos at three and seven would have the best record in the NFL if every game they scored eighteen points, If through regulation they had eighteen points, they would have the best record in the league. Eighteen points would make you a bottom five scoring offense. And if they did that, they have the best record in the league. So Denver is out future picks, so they're gonna give to Seattle potentially a top five pick. Yeah, Like, let's sh They also signed Russell to this absurd contract. I don't know that there is a team in the league except for possibly if Stafford's cooked, which I don't know that he is. Rams could be in real bad shape. Donald could retire. You know, they are also out future picks. They gave Stafford a big deal. All the quarterbacks who got big deals, by the way, Russell got a deal prematurely. Disaster, Rogers got a deal disaster, Kyler got a deal disaster. Stafford got a deal. Disaster. Four quarterbacks got signed this off season. But Denver, what do they have left? All right? They're at the Panthers this week.
Speaker 4: I mean they're all gonna be games.
Speaker 3: Then home for the Ravens. I'm sorry, at the Ravens, pardon me, home for the Chiefs, home for the Cardinals, home for the Rams, or at the Rams, at the Chiefs, home for the Chargers. So Ravens, Chiefs, Chiefs, and that Chargers game might the Chargers probably it's Week eighteen. It's for them, it'll be. They have to win to have a chance to make the playoffs. Those are four, can't see how they possibly win it. So Panthers let's say they go undefeated Panthers Cardinals, Rams, which I don't think they will. That means they're six and eleven. Their ceiling is six and eleven. They have a real shot at being four and thirteen and giving they owe a first and a second round pick to Seattle. It's a disaster for them, a total.
Speaker 4: Also a disaster for their defense. I feel bad for those guys.
Speaker 3: Best defense in the league. Yeah, every week the defense holds the opponent to sixteen or less, and every week they lose. And and by the way, in it, and I this was not a second guest, This was a first guess. I'm gonna tell you guys, if you weren't watching it, this was another Natthacket special at the end of this game. But Russell Wilson was a co conspirator in this. So at the was that the game? Yeah? That was the game. So here's the situation. It's third and ten, it's the two minute warning. The Raiders are out of timeouts, they're down three points. The ball is on the Denver thirty four. Okay, if you run the football, play takes five seconds forty second a play clock punt the ball you are punting the ball with Then, with the Raiders backed up down three with a minute ten left and no timeouts against that defensive yours, instead they call a pass play. A pass play and what where I say, Russell Wilson's a co conspirator. I Russell Wilson.
Speaker 4: Talking about the incomplete pass where he's like running off yesne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go down, take the sack. Yeah, if you don't have an easy completion there, take the sack, eat this eight yards of loss and take forty seconds off the play clock. Instead, the Raiders get the ball, of course, with a minute forty three left, would have been a minute three and they end up kicking the field goal with sixteen seconds left. It's just terrible. Russ has to know better than that. In fact, we were I just thought about this. We were gonna talk about the Eagles Colts game briefly on the TV show today. I'm gonna text them and say, we have to talk about the Broncos. We have to talk about the Broncos. It's too much of a disaster to not talk about the Broncos. We'll do that next Well, no, that's gonna be on the TV show. I'm gonna fix the NFL playoffs. And we're gonna play another game, Nick makes it Right, plus a game next What's Right? All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right. So it's episode ninety eight. We'll get to your questions in your comments in the following segment. Also, by the way, I should just note here a few things. One is subscribe on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, do all those things. Also should note this week, because of Thanksgiving, we're gonna do a gambling show middle of the week before the Thanksgiving games. Would be my guest, but it won't be a live show. And then we'll be back on with another what with another live show on Monday, and the next week's schedule somewhat in the air, and I'll be honest about why it's in the air. I'm going to Vegas. The plan is to do a regular schedule next week on Thursday, a live show on Thursday, in a gambling show on Friday. However, if I decide I want to go to Vegas a day early, we might adjust it. So right now, that's the idea, but we're so that's the schedule the rest of the week. I we were go, well, you know what, Demanse, I'll let you set this up because I took something out of the show to put this into the show, because we haven't done this in a while, and I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, all right, Time for a segment of Nick makes It Right? Yeah, two any playoff teams question mark? All right, you made us get rid of the Bills topic that was supposed to be here so you could talk about something to allegedly fix for the NFL playoffs that no one thinks that a're broken. Yeah, So time for an impromptu Nicks makes It Right NFL Playoff edition? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Okay. So a couple of years ago, the NFL added the seventh playoff teams yep, which means it also eliminated a bye for the two seed in each conference. And we saw last last year was a year I was like, do we need the seventh playoff teams? Because the seventh playoff team in the NFC last year was the Eagles they got annihilated by the by the Bucks. And the seventh playoff team in the AFC was the Pittsburgh Seelers and they got mortified by the Chiefs. So it's like, God, did we really need them? But then you have a year like this year where it's like, oh, I'm glad there's gonna be a seventh playoff team because in the AFC, you know, the Chargers are the Chargers I believe are a good team. They're ruined by the injury bug and the you know they are. They have played two games against the Chiefs where they controlled the first half and then the Chiefs ended up chiefsing them and mahomesing them. But those games go different. The Chargers, all of a sudden, are seven to three and the Chiefs are six and four. Like you know what I mean, you can switch real quick. The Bengals right now are the Chargers. By the way, are the nine seeds in the AFC right now? So I like the fact that there's the extra playoff teams. In the NFC right now, the seventh seed is San Francisco. San Francisco might go to the Super Bowl. So it's I don't mind the seventh playoff seeds, the extra playoff season. Here's what I want to change. I do not think the final playoff spots those seven seeds should be assigned per conference. I think the way it should work is the seven seeds are the two best teams of So you have thirty two teams in the league, you have twelve that make the playoffs traditional right prior to this expansion, four division winners top two wild cards in each conference AFC and NFC. Of the other twenty teams, I think the seventh seeds should be flatly the thirteenth and fourteenth team, even if they're both in the same conference. So, for instance, I think it is on the board that the Giants are about to go into a tailspak. Okay, that the Giants are going to go from seven to two to nine and eight, but that will be enough to make the playoffs in the NFC. But on the flip side, what if in the AF seed you have the Bengals keep winning and then the Patriots, Jets, Chargers, one of them gets hot, gets to ten and seven, but is not enough you know what I mean, is not enough to make it in So here's what I would do. Those seven seeds are conference agnostic, and how we assign them is quite simple, since we have kind of damaged the two seeds value because you don't get the buye. The two seed with the best record of the two two seeds gets to pick which of the two seven seeds it's gonna play, so you would have like the added extra spice of your picking the opponent. You also would have potentially cross conference matchups. It also would be super fascinating in this regard, which would be the Niners. I think people like them because the NFC is so weak. However, if the Niners knew, all right, we don't want to be the seventh seed here, guys, because we might get drafted over to the AFC side of the bracket and be playing in Round one in Buffalo or something like that, then then you would have because the other problem with it the way it currently is is you have a potential scenario where a seven seed gets to rest players in the final week of the regular season, like right now in the NFC, let's say the Giants don't fall off, that they stay there. Well, San Francisco's five and four with the team's trailing them, Washington, Atlanta, Detroit, Like it's totally on the board that the Niners go into Week eighteen at nine and seven, locked into the playoffs, and now all of a sudden, it's like, well, we can sit guys, you know what I mean, We can't improve our seed, say Seattle's locked the division, and now you're giving the team that snuck into the playoffs it's own bye week. So I like the idea. Of course, I hate when I say that. Of course I like the idea. It's literally my idea that I just came up with. Of Course, I like the idea by the seventh seeds being conference agnostic and simply being the two best teams that weren't one of the top six teams in each conference. If that means we get two AFC teams or if that means we get two NFC teams, so be it. As a little added bonus, the two seed that is the best record gets to pick which of those two teams that wants to play. That's my solution.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds fun. Sounds fun. Yeah. That is a first cousin of my NBA playoff idea, which is because it's best of sevens, there's no buys. So like home court matters in the NBA, but the difference between being the one seed and the four seed historic like, it's not that big of an edge. The reason one seeds do so much better is not because of their path, but because they at home. Well, it also they were the one seed, because usually it means they were so much better than the four seed. But my argument for the NBA has always been, you draft your playoff opponent. So after the playing is done, you have teams one through eight there and the one seed looks at the conference and says who they want to play? They say, they pick right then and there who they want to play. You have the added kind of bad blood of oh, they dis respected us, they picked us. The padding going to be amazing television, amazing drama. I like the drafter playoff opponent in the NBA, and I so this would have an element of that. But really what it would allow for is it might not happen this year, but now that we've expanded the playoffs, there will be a year where a team, as a for instance the Chargers, and maybe it will happen this year, is ravaged by injury, gets it together at the end of the year, gets to nine and eight misses the playoffs. Meanwhile, in the other conference you have the eight and nine Atlanta Falcons that somehow make the playoffs, and we're like, wait, what so this team that actually could be good is staying at home and this team is just gonna be lambs for the slaughter. All right. Now, let's get to our game. What's the game?
Speaker 4: Oh, we are playing freak out or chill out? Today? Good news the Eagles beat the Colts seventeen to sixteen. Bad news, they only beat Jeff Saturday's Colts by one. If now I had two bad games in a row, should the Eagles freak out or chill out?
Speaker 3: Freakout is too strong, but I certainly would not chill out. And we got Green Bay Necks.
Speaker 4: I think that's like the ultimate test.
Speaker 3: All right, so let me let's play. Let's do this again. De Monts a little stealing from you know, uh cousin sal and Bill Simmons. Guess the lines? What do you think the line is? Let me give you the full scenario, because I think that's a night game. I know it's I know it's on. I know it's on. Yeah, in fact, I know it's a night game.
Speaker 4: Are the Eagles at home?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm about to tell you. I'm gonna get it exactly right. This game is Sunday night football in Philadelphia, the four and seven Packers at the nine and one Eagles. The line is.
Speaker 4: What Eagles plus five means mean, yeah, I keep saying the egest Eagles minus.
Speaker 3: Five minus full seven damn. So now, lot of respect for Green Bay, Yeah, and I do wonder. Listen, the Eagles defense deserves a ton of respect. And the Colts when Matt Ryan starts are fine. The Colts when Matt Ryan starts are not a horrific team. They they the two games they played with Ellenger, they looked like they were trying to give the season away. But prior to that they obviously beat Kansas City. They had, you know, they were in a lot of games, and then since then they beat the Raiders last week and this week they were right there to the very end against Philadelphia. If I'm Philly, I'm not freaking out, but I am understanding that with how Dallas looked this past week, I don't have a lot of games to play with because they have Like everyone's been like, oh, the Eagles are definitely going to be the one seed, and they're probably going to be the one seed. However, they still have to the rest of the way. There is only one game the rest of the way that I will say, oh, that's easy. Home for the Packers is not easy. Even though I expect them to win. Home for the Titans is a legit hard game. The Titans are as well coaching a team in football. At the Giants, the divisional game on the roads, at the Bears, the Bears are they don't win, but they eventually they'll win. They're interesting. Then at the Cowboys. So here's why I bring this up. If Dallas wins that game, they're a game back of Philly, and Philly has already given up a divisional game, you know, earlier in the year against Washington. It could get interesting. So I wouldn't freak out or chill out if I were Philadelphia. But I also feel resolute in my opinion that Philadelphia, while very good, I'm not ready to classify them as a great team despite a great record.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, the Bengals took care of business. Feel free to roach shore producers about Pittsburgh play. Yeah, that one sucked, but go ahead. More importantly, they're only a game back from very shaky Baltimore. Should the Bengals freak out or chill out.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I don't think they're gonna catch Baltimore, and I don't mean to make this a schedule show. But remember earlier when I said the Chiefs have the easiest remaining schedule, Well, the Ravens have the second easiest remaining schedule. The Ravens. Here's who they play the rest of the year. Jaggs, Broncos, Steelers, Browns, Falcons, Steelers, Bengals Week eighteen, and they've already beaten Cincinnati once. So if I'm the Ravens, if I'm Cincinnati, do I think I can play spoiler? Do I think I can go on a run similar to last year? Maybe? But do I believe if I'm them, that I am going to that I that I'm realistically going to catch Baltimore. I don't think they're going to catch Baltimore next.
Speaker 4: All Right, the Giants, who you picked minus three were destroyed at home by the Lions. They're still in the playoffs for now, but they had the Dallas Thursday, then have Washington two times in three weeks. Plus they lost six players due to injury. Yes, shit, So the Giants freak out or chill out? Oh they should freak out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they've given themselves enough of a cushion. But that home game against Detroit, yeah, is a crushing loss. And not being able to run the ball on Detroit is odd and concerning, and saw Saquon was not good. I mean, and you saw yesterday and they lost another receiver to injury one Dale Robinson. They said this morning is corn acl You saw yesterday for the first time in a while. It's like Daniel Jones gonna make some plays and he can't do it. He can't do it.
Speaker 4: They was putting together some stuff there.
Speaker 3: He can't do it. Demonse was not ready. They were down eighteen like immediately, and Demand was not ready to give up the Giants. We're gonna win the It was bad pick by me, bad job by me.
Speaker 4: You just also never know what to expect from the Lions, man, I know, weird.
Speaker 3: But the Lions. How was it a home game for them? No, I know that it was. Listen, that was a shocking result for me. I listen, I picked the Giants minas three and they lost out right. Obviously, I'm shocked by it. It's not what I thought was gonna happen. But to me, it was less about the Lions scoring thirty one and more about how well their defense played. And the Lions all of a sudden, by the way, one three in a row.
Speaker 4: We got the next, but the Lion.
Speaker 3: Oh we have the next? Okay, perfect? All right, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Speaking the Lions, they are now on an NFC best three game win streak. They are frisky, and it seems like they're starting to put it together. Should the rest of the NFC freak out or chill out?
Speaker 3: The rest of the NFC freak out or chill out? Yeah, I think the rest of the NFC can chill out. I don't think they have to worry about the Lions. I mean, I don't mean to be rude to the producers, but I thought you misread that, and then I see it's a graphic. I'm gonna say that the NFC does not need to freak out about the Detroit Lions. Now, it's a good they had a good win against the Packers. They're you know, the Packers and Bears wins were final seconds. The game was in the balance, in the final seconds the Giants game, they kicked their ass. Now what I will say is this, Nothing would be more thrilling than Thanksgiving Day. If they can beat the Bills, that would be the best Lions winning forever. It would put them alive for that final wild card spot. If they were to get to I think that would put them five and six. Well, the playoffs, I think is a tough putt, but they the if they could run this thing up to four games. And the Bills are in a weird spot because the Bills didn't play well this week, but they got the win. They're staying in Detroit though. It's kind of a weird situation. They went to Detroit staying there, uh because they play on Thursday night. But no, I'm gonna say the rest of the NFC can go ahead and chill out, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, the Jets almost broke their losing streak versus New England, but they only scored three points. Zach Wilson said he wasn't to blame, but Garrett Wilson said afterwards, we have to be better in the passing game. Is it Joe Flacco tar should Zack Wilson freak out or chill out? Oh?
Speaker 3: He should freak out.
Speaker 4: That was a bad, bad game.
Speaker 3: Okay, he should freak out. He's the worst quarterback in football, all right, the worst quarterback in football. He was awful last year on a bad team.
Speaker 4: Worse than Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: Russell Wilson way worse than Russell.
Speaker 4: Weren't even allow him, my dude to throw.
Speaker 3: No, they did let him throw.
Speaker 4: He loo.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I gotta give you Zach Wilson game walk. Okay, I mean this is really bad. Got sacked twelve times. No, he got sacked four times. It's twelve and the two games combined. Oh yeah, Okay. Yesterday he was nine of twenty two for seventy seven yards.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: The week before the winning and that's coming off of bye. The win against Buffalo, he had one hundred and fifty four yards. The previous week against any By the way, it was, it was Mac Jones and Zach Wilson combined twelve. Yeah. The previous week they played New England, he threw for three to fifty five, but he threw three egregious interceptions in that game. The week before that he threw for one to twenty one. The week before that he threw for one ten. On the season, he's completing fifty five percent of his passes. Demonse. He has four touchdown passes on the year to five picks. He is a passer rating of seventy three. He also seems like a jerk. Also, did you see the story about him from before the season. Oh yeah, okay, yeah, not a good not good. So no, the Jets. The Jets are once again in the market for a quarterback. And here's the thing. I think the Jets are good. Lamar well, they love to get Lamar. They're probably gonna end up settling on Jimmy. But the Jets are good and that their best running back got hurt a few weeks ago. They have a good running game even without him. Yesterday obviously, I mean they had two yards off. It's the second half. That defense is excellent, Salad is great at it. But they need a quarterback and they're gonna win too many games too. Can you imagine, I mean, the Jets might make the playoffs. Can you imagine Zach Wilson in a playoff game. I might take out a home equity loan to bet against Zach Wilson in a playoff game. So yeah, they should, they should freak out. They should absolutely, unequivocally freak out. We answer your questions next, What's Right? All right? Welcome back in episode ninety eight, What's Right with Nick? Right? So Monday, Beau, since only doing one other show this week is a Thanksgiving Monday will be our one hundredth show. How about that, demonse. No, we're not gonna quite get to one hundred thousand subscribers by Monday, but one hundred. We're gonna get to one hundred shows. Be great. If we get to one hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube by the end of the football season, Demanzi gets a thousand dollars bonus. There. All right, quickly, are you ready to promote the twitch stream yet or.
Speaker 4: We Yeah, Dusty made me look like a fool. I should have just tweeted the freaking link, but I tweeted out in all caps.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do something. Okay, nobody knows who Dusty is, so let me just tell the audience. Dusty is the one of the producers and former stats producer and now segment producer for the TV show. He's also a big time gamer demand, and I also helped Dusty move into his apartment. Not sure how that works, Listen, I'm not I'm not saying I'm the best sports television personality in America. I mean, Coward and Shannon or exists, so it's hard to say I'm the best. I will say I'm the only one that in the last twelve months has I have helped one of my producers carry boxes into their apartment. But go ahead. So what did Dusty do?
Speaker 4: Uh? He? I tweeted it out in words and I attached the handle. I said, you know this is the handle the yeah, and then Dusty was just like, you know, just tweet out the link, idiot. Yeah, he was like, I'll just do it for you myself. Now, I just tweeted the link.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you want to what's the name of the stream? Right upside down? Right upside down? Right with a W or no? No, right with R Okay, right upside down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like the analogs on the on the left side, you know, the up right like I got it up right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it. It's a good name. So right, okay, don't worry abide, You're fine. That's right right upside down. You almost forgot my own hand. Yeah, right upside down? Is that if you guys want to watch demanse get kills on call of duty. Here's the thing I'm gonna need you. I I don't you know, you're a grown man, but we're using this platform to promote that. So I'm gonna need a request. Okay, you're gonna have to minorly like PG thirteen the language for the Call of Duty stream. Every once in a while, I'm up in my room getting ready to fall asleep, and I think there's been a breaking because Demanse is shouting at somebody about call of duty. But so right upside down is the Twitch stream. You're gonna get that gone. We're gonna try to get those subscriber numbers up big before you move out to LA in a couple months. All right, Before we get to the listener questions and comments, the producer said they wanted us to do something here special. Yes, Thanksgiving plans.
Speaker 4: Special.
Speaker 3: Yea, no, that's what?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: What the what do they want you? So we've got three questions here. We got game you're most excited about? Give me all the questions, aorry.
Speaker 4: Game you're most excited about? Top three Thanksgiving dishes and foods and how many plates do you eat?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm excited for all the games, and I'm not answering the other questions because that is the most banal, cliche, stupid sports made media thing that everyone feels like they have to do. Oh are you are you? Do you like the green Bean cast are all, oh are you sweet potato buy or pumpkin pie? Nobody gives it, sorry, nobody cares. Everybody likes Thanksgiving, everybody eats food, we all watch football, we all either tolerate or really maybe I'm excited about it's actually good games. All three games are good games because we already talked about Bill's Lions. That's an interesting games. Lions keep it close, Giants Cowboys legit really good, important game, right, and then Viking's Patriots. At the end of the day, those are two potential playoff teams. So they're all good games. But I just don't understand how my whole life in sports media, people really think, like, oh, so Wednesday before Thanksgiving, you know what the audience is tuning in to hear us talk about why turkey is overrated? Oh, you never eat it when it's not Thanksgiving? Why do you eat on Thanksgiving? Oh? Anything you have to slather and gravy must not be that good. Are you a ham? Do you like ham? What you like apple pie? Are you more of a lemon? Meringue? Shut up? And as such? Bad content. It's so bad and everyone in the industry does it. Here's the thing. It's a weird thing about media people, because it's not just sports media. You turn on your local chuckle, our news, the morning news show, the kind of lighter you know, they're not wearing tie shirts of the top buttons unbuttoned, and it's like, hey, Sandy, what do you got planned for Thanksgiving? It's like, oh, Tom.
Speaker 4: For you, I know it's this subject we are well.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a different I'm I'm doing. I'm not telling you about what I want to eat, telling you about how bad this content is. So when you invariably consume it over the next ninety six hours, when you turn into every podcast and thirteen minutes in, before they've said anything about what the topic is, they're still talking about how their mom made the greatest authentic cranberry sauce, and oh you like authentic. I like it straight out of the can, Jerry. Let me tell you, I like it when it has the ridges from the can and just slice it down. Nobody cares and everybody does it. It is so bad. Let's get to the listener questions.
Speaker 4: All right, well, I know to talk about on my first stream wiki C two says about your playoff or yeah, says about your playoff proposal, the better conference already has the toughest road. With this change, it would be even harder in the better conference.
Speaker 3: Well, that's an interesting point you make there, sir. I'm not sure. I gotta think about that. I'm not sure that it necessarily would because if the better conference has the better two seeds, then that team can draft over a team from the worst conference. Maybe that's I don't know. I gotta think more about that. You make a decent point. I just know that for the seventh seed, I would like it to be the two best available teams, not conference and not assigned to the conference. But you make a potentially good point that I gotta think about more.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, Charlie Ruby says, Nick, you just need to stop betting on the Bears. Fields has been tremendous, but our offensive line is the worst pass blocking line in the league and our defense can't pressure anybody.
Speaker 3: Hold on. I don't think I lost the Bears bet this week. What the Bears lost by three? Didn't they They lost by Yeah, it's a push. I don't know. Push is fine, there's no that means there was no way to pick a winner there. The push was fine, but and we'll talk about it on the Gambling Show.
Speaker 4: Charlie Ruby doesn't count bushes, okay, Okay, well that's fine, and listen, I I do have a bad record this year on betting on like the Raiders, the Bears and the Jags.
Speaker 3: Like I put a lot of my hard earned money on teams with bad records. All right.
Speaker 4: Next, Christian Losses. Nick's gonna be a great Grumpy Old Man.
Speaker 3: But by the way, that's a great movie, demanse from my childhood Rumpy Old Men. Okay, they even made a sequel that was pretty good, Jack Lemon and the other guy forgot his name.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I watched that. That's like when my fit before my parents split up, we would do like family stuff together, like I have like a very very happy, great family memory of Thanksgiving, Christmas time. Going to see Grumpy Old Men, I think you'd like it. Yeah, it's kind of like I've heard of it. It's it's I mean, it's I think maybe it doesn't hold up. Well, I bet it does. I actually bet there's some jokes in there that these days like would get you canceled. But it's a that's a good movie, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, Bobby asks, well, demoney be returning to the gambling picks next week? Hey man, not coming back without a dub. I will tell you what I bet on the weekend. Come the Thanks gambling show. But I have not had anything.
Speaker 3: No, Demonse is not doing great, Demonse, listen Demons now.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, I mean, my best picks were the Bengals and the Commanders, so I feel like that that's good.
Speaker 3: But we've paired it with five bad ones in your weekly seventemer But luckily you're I mean.
Speaker 4: Luckily my first one was a five dollars free bet and then my se Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's doing good on not pressing for a lot of money, all right.
Speaker 4: Next Wiki two says question for the Monday, how big was the goat? The goat that ate half your jeans? All right?
Speaker 3: I actually think this is a good look. I like those, yeah man. And then there was one other NBA question about Ben Simmons. To you and will he be guarding Ben Simmons or embeed shout out to Ben Simmons, by the way, played really well yesterday.
Speaker 4: Twenty points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's had a season best game three games in a row. It's gotten better each time we mentioned play off the top. All right, this was a really good show. I got to get to the TV show and brag about the chiefs for about ninety minutes. US two nothing over Wales is my pick. You can get that twelve to one right now. Also, you can still get Argentina and Brazil parlay to win their groups at even money. I gave that out. Oh and I gave out. I don't know if you can still get this one or not, but the one other Old Cup gambling pick that I really liked, I think you can still get it. I'm not certain though, since the groups have started, but let's just assume you could. I got this at eight and a half to one. These five teams to all advance Denmark, Croatia, Mexico, the US and Uruguay. That's plus eight sixty and then Brazil and Argentina both to win their groups. That's even money. All right, great show to Monday, Great job to our producers in LA. I will talk to everybody Wednesday ish with our gambling show for twelve in the NFL.
Speaker 4: What's right