Speaker 1: The volume. The NBA is finally back. A new season means new ways to get into the action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. Who's draining threes from beyond the arc? Who's hit the boards getting rebounds? Get behind your favorite players on prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting something simple like picking a team to win. Go to DraftKings Sportsbook app and place your bet. First time new DraftKings customers bet five bucks to win two hundred in bonus bets instantly. Take it to the rack with DraftKings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use the code John. That's code Jhon for new customers to get two hundred bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only at DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and Why or text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue INCE four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co. Slash b Ball, What is going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 1: John middlecoff three and Out podcast.
Speaker 2: How are we doing?
Speaker 1: Probably better than the Cowboys because they lose again forty nine ers make the game interesting, play some bad defense down the stretch of the fourth quarter, but had a massive lead seventeen points going into it. So I had a little bus but game got weird, but ultimately took care of business. Go to four and four heading into their by you have the Dallas Cowboys who are now three and four. I just saw a clip of a player Digs yelling at some reporters.
Speaker 2: For some tweets.
Speaker 1: So it's just like cowboys, Cowboys got some issues. We'll dive into the game. We'll dive into Jerry. I went on with Colin so as I do every Sunday. We talked a little bit about this game as well. And then a lot of stuff on Sunday. So I want to hit on the Niners, the Cowboys, Jade and Daniels, and then just do a little Sunday Night Overrated, Underrated, just from different things that I saw throughout the league, some stuff on college football. You know, the slate wasn't great on Sunday on paper, but I gotta say today was more entertaining than most And as someone that wakes up and watches football for whatever three and a half seven, you know, about ten to eleven hours, some days are better than others, and today I'll give today a thumbs up, especially the morning. The morning slate was excellent. So we'll discuss some stuff that we saw and rock and roll from there. We'll if podcasts out all week. Remember there are gonna be some podcasts that come out only on the three and out feed if you listen on Collins feed, so make sure to subscribe to the three and Out podcast feed. Make sure you do that, and make sure you subscribe to the YouTube page. Got a bunch of stuff up there as well, and yeah, you won't miss any of the content. Before we dive into some football, I knew a lot of people at the game the night at Levice Stadium, and I know a lot of people that love going to these big games, and I know a lot of people listening. Depending on where you live, if your football team lives there, if you like traveling to a game. I saw in the Raiders game the Raiders host to the Chiefs and when they sing the national anthem, the Chiefs fans always say home of the Chiefs, and it was basically.
Speaker 2: A Chief's home game. So if you ever want to.
Speaker 1: Travel to Vegas to see your squad, if they're playing the Raiders or La, same thing, I got you covered because my friends, my partners in the official ticketing app of this podcast, they're the best. Game Time take the guests. We're out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time App, create an account, use the code Jawn for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again, create an account and redeem the code John for twenty dollars off. Download the game Time app today, last minute take as low as price is guaranteed. Well, it was twenty seven to ten, and it felt like the forty nine ers were basically strangling them out.
Speaker 2: It's one of those.
Speaker 1: Where as you head to the fourth quarter, you're kind of screwing around on your phone, bullshitting with some people, texting about how you know the next after the bye week, what the Niner season is going to look like, how the Cowboys are just circling the drain, how Jerry's gonna be Then all of a sudden, man, it's the NFL. The forty nine Ers take their foot off the pedal, give up an easy touchdown to Ceedee Lamb, go three and out, and then the Cowboys have like a seventy second drive and we got ourselves a ballgame now. Ultimately, in my opinion, that game. Like Dak Prescott's been doing this a lot for a long part of his career. I'm a Dak Prescott fan, and I've come around on him over the years. I think he's good, and I used to push back, and it's like, listen, I acknowledge, like I'd have no problem if you have a good team putting Dak Prescott in, you can win. And I've always said that he is good enough to get hot in the playoffs. But like I thought that was a little bit of a hollow comeback, Like those were.
Speaker 2: A lot of hollow yards.
Speaker 1: The right team won, and the right team went on a twenty four to nothing run in the middle of the game. So like the forty nine Ers have beat them four straight times. In those four games, two of those being playoff games. Dak Prescott has eight interceptions, and tonight the score is ten to six at halftime, and the Cowboys had played well in the first half, they really had. Their defense had played well. Party was off. It was like, okay, coming off of bye, all the shit that's happened with Jerry and the radio hosts and the articles coming out, It's like, okay, they're throwing the kitchen sink at this game. The forty nine Ers get the ball out, a halftime score, a touchdown after a big kittle like crossing route that he takes to like the three or four yard line. Then Garndo scores. It's thirteen to ten. It's like, okay, game on, game on, Cowboys are playing well, Niners get their mojo back, and what does Dak do. A couple plays later, throws an interception to Lenore. Several plays later, the forty nine Er score and it is twenty to ten. And this has happened now four straight times when they've played and an interception early in the game as well, Like, he just throws the worst picks against the forty nine Ers. His first pick deep that Jaira Brown picked wasn't even close to being completed. It was a horrendous throw and for whatever reason, And listen, I think Dak now has eight interceptions on the season. He had nine all of last year, so clearly he's turning the ball over more. They can't run the ball, but specifically against the forty nine ers and that defense they own this guy and his interception tonight, like is a huge swing in the game. And if you want to like put some merit to the last you know, six to seven minute comeback, maybe they win the game. If he doesn't throw that second half interception that leads to seven pretty big swing, especially when you only lose by six. So like, this is a game now, Kyle Shanahan versus Mike McCarthy. Coordinators have changed, players have changed, people have been injured. Kyle Shanahan, the forty nine Ers defense owns Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott. Now, I would say this is the worst version of that team that they faced over the last three plus years. But you could argue tonight is the worst version of the forty nine Ers that they've seen and getting in the fourth quarter. It was a seventeen point game. It wasn't quite as bad as last year on Sunday Night Football, but it did have some similarities. And unlike last year, like the first half was close, the Cowboys were freaking winning. So like overall, the forty nine Ers have a lot of issues and the end of that game was pretty embarrassing for it even to be that close and the blown coverages. I'm all for an easy touchdown late in a game when you're up three scores. You're not playing the same level of defense. Even Collins were said that, but then to have the second touchdown with number eighty eight. There are certain players on certain teams when you get in those positions, then I don't know, you kind of have to follow, and I would say, ceedee Lamb on this Cowboys team would fall under that umbrella. He's gonna get a catcher to even if you're you know, putting a bunch of guys and directing the coverage and attempting to bracket him or whatever like that's what great players do. But the level in which he was wide open. Was pretty embarrassing. But throughout most of the game they had covered well. So I don't know if they just kind of took their eye off the ball if they thought they had won it. Don't totally blame them. I did as well. But and if that had gone worst case scenario, that would have been the worst forty nine Er loss of my lifetime, given what was at stake, given the lead they had. Uh, but it was the bottom line business, and it's about winning and losing, and the forty nine ers we're able to pull it out. They go into a buy now. And that division's weird. It really is, because currently the Cardinals are in first place at four and four. The Rams, who are three and four. Obviously you get Pooka and Cooper cup back, their offense looks completely different.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna be pretty good.
Speaker 1: And Seattle is seriously leaking oil because Gino now has had multiple moments against really good teams where he looks like a guy like, we can't keep doing this, Like what's the point of this hamster wheel. We appreciate you. You're one of the great bridge quarterbacks that I can ever remember. And I'm not talking about a bridge quarterback that then becomes a starter and becomes like a stud. I'm talking about a true bridge quarterback, which he is. He's been incredible, but no one's ever thought like this is the long term answer, or we can make a playoff run. And it becomes more crystallized when you play the forty nine ers, when you play the Buffalo bit and you.
Speaker 2: Look like that.
Speaker 1: But to me, this is still especially if Christian McCaffrey comes back the forty nine ers division to lose and there is no excuse for them not to win it, especially because this is not a division that takes twelve or thirteen wins to win the division. I think at ten and seven you have a very very good chance to be named the NFC West champion. Now that would be a tough playoff road, given that you know, Detroit's probably a two or three lost team, so they'll be the one seed. You would think between the Eagles and Commanders, one of those two teams probably going to be the two seed, and Atlanta will see I mean, they are five and three. I think they're a little fraudulent, but they're scrappy. They got a little momentum. Actually not really I mean, they beat Tampa, who was missing the two receivers, and they's got the shit kicked out of them, you know, a week ago, so because they had injuries. So I still believe that the forty nine ers will win this division, but there are moments like that in the fourth quarter where you're like, gosh, what is going on? And then when it comes to the Cowboys, like I was wrong. I thought they would be a.
Speaker 2: Playoff team and they're clearly not.
Speaker 1: I mean, just watch them against the forty nine ers. Like, obviously the forty nine ers have Nick Bosa and Trent Williams, but they got a lot of.
Speaker 2: Random players as well.
Speaker 1: Number six Mustafa is a third day pick who is now starting for them and playing really really well. Rinaldo Green, who is out there a lot at the corner, is their second round corner. Isaac Garndo, the running back, is a fourth round pick. This year, they draft well and the Cowboys hit on high picks. But you're watching like, yeah, they got injuries, but like, where's your depth? Where are your other guys? How are you running out Ezekiel Elliott in this spot? And whenever I hear people that cover the Cowboys they're like they love his leadership. Well, there comes to a point, like the supplied demand chart, like for you to be a leader, you don't have to be as great as you were in the peak of your career, but you can't be this, And that's the easiest position to find. We should never have a huge problem at like Garden Center. We should be able to find those players, and we should be able to find running backs, Like, there's no excuse to not find a running back who can just produce on game days. I'm not asking for Adrian Peterson or Ledanian Tomlinson or Christian McCaffrey, but you should be able to find Isaac Garndo. Hell, the only reason Isaac Garndo came into the game is because Jordan Mason, who a couple of weeks ago led the league in rushing, has a messed up shoulder. Well, where'd the forty nine ers get him? He's an undrafted free agent. Listen, it is hard to find star tackles, sweet pass rushers. That's why Micah Parsons goes number eleven. That's why Nick Bosa goes number two. You want to get Trent Willey Siams. You got to draft him in the first round. He went I think fourth overall, and the only reason the forty nine ers got him for a third round pick because he refused to go anywhere else. He had to come to Kyle Shanahan. Look at the Cowboys geting the kid they got from Oklahoma. You didn't find that guy in the fourth. He had to draft him in the first. And he's like a raw project. So I never don't defend teams like when your backup tackles in, yeah, it's gonna be a problem. And some backup tackles are clearly worse than others. But there aren't that many dudes that are six five, three twenty. But running backs come in all shapes and sizes. And if your second and third stringers can't be productive, then that's on you. And this gets back to Jerry and me and Collin.
Speaker 2: Just talked about this.
Speaker 1: It's like who's he listening to? And here's the hard part about his role is he's the boss. He science the checks, right, it's his team. But he's adamant that I have to be the GM. But he's not like watching any tape. It's not like Jerry is spending Tuesday and Wednesday breaking down Colorado Cincinnati College tape. Let me look at Missouri Alabama. Well, that's like what Adam Peters or Howie Roseman or John Lynch and those guys spend time watching that during the season. Yet when we get to draft time, he gets informed, they talk to him, they tell him all about it. He's the guy giving the thumbs up or thumbs down on the pick. And that's where you get all out of whack is because your general manager, like it can't be a you know, I just want the title because I want to talk.
Speaker 2: About this stuff.
Speaker 1: Because there's are reasons why there's so much infighting on teams where the owner is just the owner, but he has his front office, his coach, and his president. Because you know why, no one cares that much the stuff the president's doing, even though he's making the team a lot of money, selling the naming rights, sell PSLs, doing all the business stuff for the team. That's why there's all they always try to keep their you know, kind of fingers in the cookie jar of Well, I want to mess with football. I want to be involved in these meetings because that's the cool part about this whole thing. So Jerry who's making just piles of money. For those of you kids that missed this, When I was a kid, they had Donald Duck and he used to jump into the coins and just money. And that's what Jerry's like. I can't even imagine when he types into his Chase Bank or Wells Fargo or wherever he banks, whatever his accounts say. Even Jerry thirty twenty years ago couldn't have dreamed of the money he's making. And I I always like understand guys the struggle giving up parts of their business that they feel like the only reason we have this team is because I have the kahonas I put my nuts on the table to leverage our entire family. We didn't have the money to buy this, so you think I'm gonna give up now, even though it's like, well yeah, dad, shouldn't you just take a step back like you're eighty three, just relax. You can still come to the games, But do you need to be this involved? The forty nine ers have a bunch of success. Their owner, I mean his parents technically on the team, but he runs it in Jed Yorke is like in his mid to late forties, has nothing to do with any of this stuff. Whoever he hires back to Trent Balkey and Jim Harbaugh, through John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan, they do it all. Whether it's a first round pick, whether it's a trade for Trent Williams, whether it's a waiver wire, what regardless, why would you want to be involved in something you know nothing about? Or Jerry, while he played college football, is not like breaking down the tape on this. Jerry probably is comfortable talking about after the game the team he just played. Do you think Jerry could break down the strengths and weaknesses of the forty nine ers players on Wednesday or Thursday? Like Mike and the coaching staff could no chance, especially uncommon opponents. Maybe the forty nine Ers because they've played him a bunch. But let's just pick a random team like the Cincinnati Bengals or just whoever an uncommon opponent is, He'd have no shot. There is not a general manager in the NFL who wouldn't have a pretty strong opinion definitely on like the too deep on every player their strengths and weaknesses, and then any young player on the roster who had been drafted, who's a practice squad.
Speaker 2: Or like a third stringer.
Speaker 1: Why because they've evaluated, they've written up, they talked about it.
Speaker 2: That's their life.
Speaker 1: So you get in these positions and you're competing against the forty nine ers or the Eagles or now Adam Peters and Dan Quinn like, it's gonna be hard because I don't think Mike sucks. Clearly, he's probably not what you'd want in a superstar coach, but he's proven to be pretty good over the course of now almost twenty plus years. But if his general manager sucks or doesn't listen to him, or they have no cohesion, you got no shot long term. And finally it bubbled over and listen, I'm not excusing what happened last year against green Bay, even though when you watch green Bay play and you watch Dallas now in that game and over the course, like, of course green Bays better. They're way more explosive on offense, their quarterbacks is way more talented, their coach is probably better. Right, if you had to choose a coach right now, you would definitely take Lafloor over McCarthy. But one huge advantage they have is the front office because they've had a consistent group going back to ron Wolf, all the guys they hired are carryovers or crossovers of guys that were already on the staff. They have an organizational philosophy, and to Ted Thompson to ron Wolf, these fuckers know what they're doing, and it's crazy to say. And two like, listen at eighty three years old. I've never been eighty three, but I've been around a few of them. You're just not quite as cognitively quick. You're not gonna be as sharp, even if twenty years ago you were sharp as attack and you're the smartest guy in the room. I'm not even saying Jerry is. I don't know the guy personally, but I'm just even giving him the benefit of doubt. I stumbled upon on Saturday night after the Colorado game ended. Maria was working late, and she like hopped in the shower and it's probably like eleven o'clock at night, and I popped him altonin but there wasn't really anything on TV. So I was playing on my phone and somehow on my phone The Football Life of Al Davis came up, and you're watching, You're going like the guy I kind of grew up on was the senile old like had lost his fastball. But you watched these cli of al in the sixties, the seventies, in the eighties, You're like, this guy was like the Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos of football. This with a little Donald Trump to him. This guy was a fucking renegade, crazy dude who was football smart as it didn't get any better. Obviously at the end he lost it because as you age a couple things, you're not quite as quick until you get way more stubborn. And I would say most successful people have a stubborn nature because if they didn't have that, they probably never would have got there. You see it with great coaches. Kyle Shanahan can be stubborn. Andy Reid could be stubborn, right. I'm sure pat Riley and his hey day had some stubborn moments. It comes with the territory. But when you lose it up top a little bit, it's just and I'm not blaming like Jerry Jones for that individual game, but you've seen this kind of just fall apart. I mean, the forty nine ers could have fallen apart too.
Speaker 2: Over the last three or four weeks. That just felt like it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't get any worse, but it's not like their owner is on the phone with the radio and like saying crazy stuff, and then these articles are coming out that easily could have come out a couple of years ago, but they're not gonna come out when you're winning because no one would care, and it just snowballs and then the pressure gets put on their quarterback. And it's the same thing with Perdy if it ever got put on party over the next ten years. Like our team kind of sucks our organizations and shambles carry us to ten wins. He's not gonna be able to do it. He's not Patrick Mahmes, He's not Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson. But if you have like a stable environment with people that know what they're doing, like Jared Goff is probably the front runner for MVP, him and Lamar Right, but no one would compare Jared Goff's skill set to Lamar Right and every single human if you could choose one, you would take Lamar Jackson over Jared Goff because this version of Lamar, who is by far the best version of that we've ever seen out of him, You feel I could play anywhere you put him on. Carolina they'd get like five or six wins. Jared definitely needs help around him.
Speaker 2: Most of us do.
Speaker 1: Most human beings aren't, like I don't know, Elon Musk or Peyton Manning. Most of us are gonna be very dependent on other people, even the most successful, famous, you name it. You go industry to industry, most people are gonna be predicated on others. And look at Jared Goff. You get him well run organization, offensive pieces everywhere, good offensive coordinator. Their defense still a little shaky, but definitely playing pretty well given that their best defensive players looks like John Gruden. I heard tell part of my take guys. He reminded him of Joe Montana, which is kind of crazy because Joe could always run. But I know what he means efficiency. Can you imagine it? Four years ago? I'd say, hey, well, one, you know, John Gruden, who's coaching for the Raiders, make one hundred million dollars. He's gonna get fired on like a Monday night for some league emails.
Speaker 2: He's gonna sue the league.
Speaker 1: And I saw Florio posted something like last week that he's kind of making some headway.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll win, who knows.
Speaker 1: So he's gonna get fired and he's gonna be shutt from the league. And then a couple of years later he's gonna start this YouTube channel. It's actually pretty entertaining. He's gonna it's gonna be just him. It's gonna feel like Monday Night football. And he's gonna give a bunch of takes, and one of his takes is gonna be Jared Goff and he's gonna he's not just making this up. He's gonna compare him to Joe Montana and have a very good chance to win the MVP. You would have been like, what world did the world end? You wouldn't even believe it. But what the Lions are no longer? Oh, and on the Lions, he's gonna be in the Lions.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, put put down the crack pipe, homie.
Speaker 1: It turns out that the Lions are just well run and they know what they're doing. And when they surround when a talented person is surrounded by other talented people and talented leadership, like the sky's the limit and you see Dak who like, I'm not at this point in time, some Dak hater though he's the picks and Night were bad but he's he got no chance with this current operation. Before we getting overrated underrated Jayde Daniels. I don't even know what his box score was today, but I would say probably in the third quarter, I just felt like he was clearly the best player on the field. Montes Sweat was pretty damn good as well. But I think there's a chance Jade Daniels so far through this season has been one of the best players in the NFL. It is crazy how good the guy is. Because I was texted with someone we'll get into Colorado who's having an unreal season. Obviously, Chador is gonna be in the mix to be the number one overall pick. But like when you talked to scouts about Shador, it's like, well, he's a good athlete, not great like his dad. He's got a good arm, but not a howitzer. Then you're watching Jayden, You're like, well, he's kind of like Lamar two.
Speaker 2: Point zero run around his arm.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's Brett Favre, but it it's pretty damn good. If Brett was like a ten or John Elway was a Marino a ten, and a Dack is like a five or six. I mean what's Jaden like an eight and a half nine? I mean he is throwing seats, even the hail Mary, how far did that fly in the air. I knew he threw a deep, good deep ball because you watch him last year with the two wide receivers. I mean his go route was elite. But to me, what I didn't know is the strikes.
Speaker 2: Over the middle of the field.
Speaker 1: It looks like you're watching like Josh Allen or Justin Herbert. It's like whoof You're like, holy shit, I mean this guy, like clearly they have a good coach like Dan Quinn maybe needed to get fired from Atlanta, take a step back sometimes you need to reset service us all well sometimes and I would imagine he's come back even a better version.
Speaker 2: So like he has a very very capable head coach.
Speaker 1: His general manager worked for Belichick in the two thousands, John Elway during the Peyton Manning era and the first seven years of Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch, so he's got a pretty good idea what works in the NFL personnel wise. So he has a capable head coach clearly, and a GM. While he's never been a GM before, It's impossible to have a better resume as a guy who's never been a GM. I mean countless super Bowl wins and Super Bowl appearances with Pro Bowlers and Hall of Famers at basically every position. So he's got a good spot to go to, even though I don't think they're that talented. But to me, he he feels like one of those guys I talked about that like might be the rare guy that would have transcended wherever he went. Like if you would put this guy in Carolina, Carolina wouldn't be a playoff team, but they would look a lot fucking better than they look, because this guy's talent is eye popping. Like you watch Caleb, very talented guy. He's got a big arm. He can scramble around. But like, if you told me today who would you take if you could have one guy for your team, who would you want? It would take me less than a millisecond to respond. Jaden Daniels, Now your career's not written after whatever. You know, it's October twenty seventh, year one. But I don't think this year just from a perception, just the overall standpoint where it's like I just don't think this guy could be that much better. It's pretty crazy. I don't know what his overall numbers will look like. The other thing this week what he proved and Caleb has proved this too, because he's just getting peppered do onn stuck because his offensive line sucks. It's like he had to be at an injury where his game ended and he had to put on the sweats and the next week it was like most people thought and maybe they knew the whole time he was gonna play, and I haven't, just because so much stuff.
Speaker 2: Me and Colin went right after. I haven't seen all the quotes.
Speaker 1: But it was like, clearly, this guy's a tough dude. So it's like, wait, he could run really fast and he's a very instinctive runner. He needs to work a little bit on avoid schmits, but hopefully that can be taught in Hammered Home. His deep ball is elite, his arm strength is awesome, his accuracy has been like league leader, and all the intangibles are all like a plus, Like is this guy I don't know the modern day perfect player. So I we'll get into the hail Mary. But I've been wowed. Not that I was a hater, but I was like, look at his team at LSU. He has two NFL tackles who are not really playing that well in college right now. His two receivers last year, one guy was a six pick. The other guy feels like he scores every week for the Jags. His tight end was good. I mean, their team was just stacked. It's like, is it really going to be this easy? And it was like, he's going to go to a team that mclaurin's good, but they're gonna rely on some.
Speaker 2: Guys you've never really heard of.
Speaker 1: Luke McCaffrey running back solid and Cliff Kingsbury, who's I've always been a little hesitant on his style of football, and you just watch him, You're like, God, they're sweet and he is awesome. Okay, let's fly through a little overrated, underrated to cap off this Sunday night. You know, in the business, it's probably like this in any industry, even though you know in football specifically, because we have some you know people, whether you're on NFL network or you know, whether you are one of the main newsbreakers or you're just a big personality on like ESPN. When you know someone and like him, I understand supporting them and saying positive things. But the reaction to Mike McDaniel, which I get because I followed him in San Francisco, his quirkiness, his funniness, He looks, well, he used to look like this just gigantic nerd who's transformed into this guy who looks like he's slinging eight balls behind him McDonald's down in Miami. But like part of the hype was once he got to Miami, he had these designer shades, he had on a fifty thousand dollars watch, he had on the Joggers. He was just like mister cool. He's calling all these plays. It's like, okay, I get it. And even last year they scored seventy points in a game, remarkable accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the record? Who are they beaten?
Speaker 1: It's like, ah, they're not really beating anyone good. And their team's pretty soft, and like most Southern Florida teams, they fall apart down the street. You're like, wait, so this guy's like Cliff Kingsbury with a better pr campaign. Well yeah, but he's not really that good looking, and it's more that like people like to sarcastically make fun of him. But he's got some heavy hitters in the media that really really act like he's a genius. And then I watch his team today. Obviously, to a coming back is a gigantic upgrade over what they were playing with, and they looked like a normal NFL offense to all look good. Actually, now, granted Arizona's defense is terrible, but their defense and just their team is just so soft. And they're way worse this year than last year on defense. Why because they've lost players. They lost Wilkins to the Raiders. They lost Fan Ginkel to Flores, like two of.
Speaker 2: Their better players to their best players.
Speaker 1: On defense, there's gone and now their defense just blows. So to lose Arizona, which is not an easy team, but that was a classic like Arizona Deep Flight. You were up at one point in time by like double digits. It should have been an easy win, and then you look up and Arizona's kicking a walkoff field goal.
Speaker 2: So I think Mike McDaniel. Of all the offensive coaches like Lafour.
Speaker 1: Six and two, Kevin O'Connell's winning was Sam Darnold, Andy Reid and Mahomes are winning with You can't even name half their receivers. And this guy just never even won a big game. I hasn't won a game in December against a real team in like two years, never won a playoff game last year, thoroughly embarrassed in the playoffs after not winning the division. I think he's the most overrated coach in the league.
Speaker 2: Underrated.
Speaker 1: You could argue the most underrated thing in all of sports, the walkoff Grand Slam on Friday Night, Freddy Freeman and I hate the Dodgers, not as much as the Lakers, but I'm definitely rooting for the Yankees. A walkoff Grand Slam in the World Series. That's anyone that plays like Little League baseball, you dream of doing that, like hitting off the tee, I say a Hail Mary, that thrill of watching it on the edge of your seat because I don't have the percentages in front of me. Ninety nine out of one hundred don't work. Fifty out of those ninety nine are kind of an embarrassing play. Probably less than ten percent of them even get remotely close when they hit. It is one of the coolest things in sports. And you could argue when they hit for the team that's at home, like Rogers, if I remember that when they did that montage a couple weeks ago when he hit who they owe the bills and they did the montage like the one he hit against Arizona in the playoffs. Was was on the road in Arizona. I think two out of his three were on the road. So it's cool. It's got to be jarring for the fans when you go bananas after he hit it. Just that crowd. That franchise has been so shitty. I saw a funny meme on Instagram. It's like, can you imagine Dan Snyder? You own that team for decades and you leave it immediately they get the special juices of just like your stink being off them and they're hitting Hail Mary's to go.
Speaker 2: It's a record No. Six and two.
Speaker 1: What a cool moment, Seattle. They are a pretty overrated team. Their coaching staff's fantastic. I liked Mike McDonald and I love Ryan Grubb. But every time you looked up Ryan Grubb, Gino was screwing up and it looked like he was.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just exhausted with it.
Speaker 1: And he last two years he had Pennix, he had rome, he had McMillan he had Polk. Their offense was unreal. Welcome to the NFL and welcome to a bridge quarterback who sneaky wanted a contract extension this offseason. Thank god, John Schneider hung up the phone because Seattle that they're undoing. As you see in these big moments is the quarterback. And at three and zero and they were a sexy pick. Everyone's like, ah, this could be a team. They went nine wins the last two years. Sometimes we do that, Like you guys do understand, Pete Carroll's a Hall of Famer, so yeah, we can nitpick him. Everyone thinks he's a village idiot. They thought the same thing when they traded Russell. It's like, Pete, you just gotta let Russ cook, And they traded him and Denver let him cook and he burned down the kitchen. I actually think it's aged pretty well on Pete Carroll these last couple of years. Like, guys, he's he's not as bad as you think. Google the resume. As as Kurt Signette says in Indiana, google me go to Google and type in Pete Carroll. Mike McDonald, I am not out on this coaching staff, but I am out on the team because of the quarterback James had has to be one of the most underrated just players in sports right now.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One thing today shed a light on was truly how shitty Deshaun Watson was because I'd have moments where you'd just be watching a random Browns game and the score was usually like seven to six in the third quarter, and you look at social media and all these stats are flying out about how statistically worse third down player of all time, his EPA, everything, it just didn't get any worse. And then he'd watch it every once in a while, like he'd hit a play, You're like, yeah, he's bad, and he ran into so many sacks, but it was like, I feel like I've seen worse. And then there were a moment, I'd say the last two weeks of his starts, You're like, yes, this is pretty atrocious. Then you watch Jamis today, who is scrambling around because they've struggled to protect they've had offensive line injuries thro out the year, keeping plays alike with his feet behind the line of scrimmage and just heaving the ball down the face, and it was like, yeah, DeShawn never really did that. He refused to push the ball down the field. Now they got lucky Jamis. Now, granted they still had all three timeouts, he should have thrown an interception to Kyle Hamilton, and Kyle Hamilton is if I was a betting man, when his career is all said and done, I think he will be a Hall of Famer. He is one of the best defensive players in the NFL. He is a badass. He had as easy of an interception as he'll ever get and he dropped it. And the very next play Jamis throws the game winning touchdown.
Speaker 2: And it was cool.
Speaker 1: After the game, he's quoting eminem It's just he's a trip man. And I also think the shed's light to now Deshaun Watson has sank that franchise because last year offense was horrendous. Hurts his shoulder. Flacco comes in playoffs this year, It's like, how can you keep everyone's saying, well, the answer simple, two hundred and thirty million dollars guaranteed. Then he gets injured. Jamis comes in.
Speaker 2: Even if they.
Speaker 1: Had lost today, they had not looked like that all this year with Deshaun Watson and all last year pre Flacco with Deshaun Watson, that version of the Browns would not have one win.
Speaker 2: Sitting here before the Ravens game.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying they would have a winning record, but their season. If Jamis had just started all season long and just played like that, obviously he would have some bad games as well. They're a three win team. And that's where if you're a Browns fan, under no circumstances, no one cares about the contract. The money's been paid, Jimmy, that guy can never start for us again, whether it's Flacco, whether it's Jamis, whether it's some fucking kid in college right now, that guy's never playing quarterback for us again. And if he does, if you're a Browns fan, got to quit the team because that would be the biggest fu anyone's ever given to any fan base of all time. Like we've given it two seasons multiple times. Other quarterbacks come in and things change immediately. Overrated last year the Raiders, they tend to have their Super Bowl randomly throughout a season when they win five or six games. They beat Patrick Mahomes embarrassed them on Christmas, and as we went to the offseason, their coach doing all these podcasts said, we have Mahomes rules and it was like pumping his chest out. Then they played the Chiefs today and they lost, honestly pretty handily. Gardner Minshew threw a touchdown late in the game to make the score look a lot closer than it was. It was twenty seven to thirteen. But yeah, I'd probably keep my mouth shut about that guy if my team has had two winning seasons in the last twenty five years. I do think one underrated part about the NFL unlike college, because in college like Ohio State, I'm sure is getting a lot of shit in Columbus right at Alabama's people were I guess they ended up winning decently in Missouri.
Speaker 2: But when you're a.
Speaker 1: Big time team and you barely beat a team that everyone thinks that you should beat by double digits, people are pissed. No one apologizes in the NFL, and the Chiefs today got thrown a bone because the Ravens lost another game. The Bills already have two losses, and the Chiefs have already beat the Ravens. They played the Bills in a couple of weeks, but currently they have a two game lead on them, and I think the Chief's next game is at Tampa who's missing their two wide receivers.
Speaker 2: That's probably a w for the Chiefs. Winning ugly is a good thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, there is nothing like in the NFL showing up Monday morning after a win. So many teams and this happens all the time. You play really well and then you screw something up in the fourth quarter and you lose. Like that sucks. And the Chiefs are now seven and zero and everyone's been nitpicking this team Mahomes and stats their offense, they're passing game. It's like the dust's gonna settle and what's their record gonna be? Like to me, they're more likely to be I mean, is this a fifteen and two team? Like they're not twelve and five. I would say worst case scenario at this point in time, as long as Mahomes stays healthy, thirteen and four feels like a pretty good stretch, or I mean a pretty big stretch because you got ten games left, so to get to thirty, they're gonna go six and four. Like if they go six and four now, they'd be thirteen and four, seven and three, Like, are they gonna lose three games?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man overrated quarterback health look at Matt Lafleur, who Jordan love now, who has so many passes throughout a game that look exactly like Aaron Rodgers. You're like, what a dime and obviously throws a bad pick as well, throw a bad one to Day. But then Trevor Lawrence came right back I think the next play and through an interception, which is classic Trevor Lawrence. But he gets injured and it kind of looked like he tweaked his knee again. And then I didn't have the sound on because I had it I think on the Eagle Bengal game, and then I look up and Malik Willison the game. So I immediately go to the X channel, as my mother calls it, and figure out that he's got it growing and all of a sudden he's out and Milik Willis comes in. They just win the game. I mean, Laflora is having he's six and two now, and he has played a lot. It's not like, oh, he's only had to play like twenty snaps from Leagal Willis Like no, he's had to start multiple games with the guy. And then he had to play another game where I mean, hell, the game was tied when they got the ball back to lead him on a game winning drive. So at this point in time, listen, I'm a huge Jordan love guy, but shit, his health might be a little overrated For the Packers.
Speaker 2: It's kind of.
Speaker 1: Underrated how bad the Jags are. Even the day when they were on a feisty and making some plays, Trevor Lawrence had an awful, awful fumble, an awful interception. Their defense just gives up these enormous plays in the biggest spots. I do believe Trevor Lawrence is what do you factor in his money and the hype and the draft pick one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. Obviously, everyone's gonna blame Doug, but like, I don't know how much different this guy looks if you put him with Lafleur, Shanahan or McVeigh, they stink. Obviously, the most overrated team in the history of sports, when you factor in the hype, when you factor in the money, when you factor in the trades, would be the New York Jets to lose to Drod Mayo and Jacoby Burssett because Drake may got a concussion. I told Colin this, I never thought that Jacoby Brissett would lead him on a game winning drive once the Jets scored and then had a delay of game and then didn't even get close to converting the two point conversion. I mean he got tackled like the three yard line. I still had full belief, Like I doubt the Patriots even get past the fifty yard line. And you watching different games, you look up, they busted a big play all of a sudden, they had a receiver for them to have a walk essentially a walk off touchdown. I know Jess technically got the ball back, but man, I just I've been saying this forever. Football is not a game of mercenaries. It's not a game where you can just put guys together like a baseball team, big names. If your coaches suck and their coaches suck, you could argue if you had to rank coaching staffs, especially now that Robert Sala has been removed, who immediately goes to the Packers. I mean it's the bottom might be the worst coaching staff in the league, especially when you factor the talent, like even if Bill Walsh was coaching the Carolina Panthers with Bryce Young and Andy Dalton, like, how many games are they actually winning? But this Jets team, can you imagine if like McVeigh, Laflora, Kyle Shanahan was their coach, I wouldn't pick them to win the Super Bowl, but they would I don't know it. Worset be four and three, two, two and six, two and six, so two and six to get to eight wins. To get to eight wins, they would have to so two and six, they'd have to win six. They'd have to go six and three down the stretch. So a team that just went two and six would then have to go six and three. I mean, this is best case scenario seven wins. Best case scenario seven wins. Honestly, it's got implosion written all over it. They are very very close to being like four or five win team underrated. You gotta give him credit because he makes his comment after the international game, and then Belichick comes out with a little, you know, a little shotgun blast from the side, takes a huge, huge shot at Mayo and rightfully so you know, drawd Mayo's going behind his back last year.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Let's if you if you if you think someone's wronged you, screwed you it's we all have our own individual experiences that are based on how we were treated by individual people. He feels like he helped put this guy on the map, He drafted him, he taught him the coaching world, and then this guy last year's meeting with Robert Craft behind his back. It had to feel for Bill, had to feel very slimy, even though Bill a slimy stuff too, But hey, we're all humans, and for Mayo to win this game had had to feel pretty damn good. Now, the shitty part about winning this game. If you're Mayo, everyone's talking about the Jets, not necessarily you, but you don't care. A win's a win. A couple other quick college things. Uh, I do think we the most overrated player I've seen this year, and I probably hyped him up as well. But the kid at Nebraska dealing, I think we need to pump the hype train on that guy because every time I watch him in a big spot, not only does he not come through, it can't look any worse.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not blaming at all on him. I couldn't break down the strengths and weaknesses and how good his skill guys are, but he makes some horrendous plays in big spots. I mean, just some eye opening loser plays. I don't mean he's like I'm talking about football. I'm not talking about him as a person. I'm just saying, like the plays he makes lead to losing in big ass spots, turns the ball over, makes bad decisions. And if you're gonna be named baby Mahomes because you look like him, you move like him, I think we got to revoke that name if you don't even come close to playing like him on game day. I think this is the most underrated job in America. And people have been saying this forever. The Texas A and M is just to coach away And I always thought, like, I get you got a lot of money, and I get your recruit well, but this program for most of my life has always kind of looked the same. Now, some years they've been worse than others, but they have never ever been some powerhouse contender for multiple straight years. And then they get Elco from Duke who had also coached there, who just has this gigantic beer belly. It looks like he weighs like, I don't know, three hundred and twenty pounds. Love his look great dad bought and he comes and this guy is coaching his ass off and what he did on Saturday night, and listen, I have no dog in this fight. I went to cal Poly, so I'm not an SEC guy. I'm not a big ten guy. And I appreciate the history, the rivalries, the passion for all these people that went to those type schools. I'm jealous. It has to be real, really cool on Saturdays or the NCAA tournament to go. I went to Wisconsin, I went to Iowa, I went to Florida.
Speaker 2: Like that's sweet. I'm very jealous of you.
Speaker 1: But I watched the Wisconsin game against Penn State, and I watched Texas A and M game. And I've thought this for a while now, the difference of the night game crowds, just in terms of a viewer and the power of them. I feel like the SEC blows you guys out of the water, and clearly you have When I was at Friends of State, we played at Wisconsin. I'm not trying to diminish Wisconsin or Penn State wide out or the Ohio State Michigan games. Obviously they have incredible crowds.
Speaker 2: There ain't nothing like that.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like I saw a couple weeks ago LSU at night against Ole miss or Texas A and M at night against LSU, or even that night three or four weeks ago Bama when they hosted Georgia. I'm sorry, y'all don't have that in the bag, as they would say down there. And what Mike Elco's doing? Who are now in the fat? If TEXA and m beat South Carolina this week, they are a playoff team. They are a lock playoff team. And if they were to beat Texas the last game of the season, which is cool because that rivalry has been brought back from the dead because Texas joined the SEC, they would be in the SEC championship game. And who knows, I don't know exactly know how that's tie breakers work, and who knows who could lose a game. They could even lose that game and still be in the SEC championship game. So what Mike Elko has done. Those defensive linemen looked like a bunch of dudes that easily could have started for the Cowboys tonight.
Speaker 2: So that was cool.
Speaker 1: And last, but not least, I've watched a lot of Colorado over the last three or four weeks, they de undeserves a lot of credit because after that Nebraska game, even after the first win against North Dakota State, I thought it was gonna be a little very similar to last year. No running game, defense sucks, Schador has to be superhuman, Travis Hunter has to make crazy plays just to win five games. Well, they're six and two and they have been beating the shit out of people. They went on the road to UCF destroyed them, went on the road to Arizona, destroyed them, hosted Cincinnati, who was five and two, were up two touchdowns with four minutes to go, and they got Warren Sap on the sideline with what looked like, I mean a full tin of Copenhagen and half a pouch of red Man in his mouth, coaching his ass off. The defense is flying around, Their offensive run game is way better than early in the season, and obviously last year. The receivers are awesome. Travis Hunter's unreal, and they're just good. And they also easily could beat Kansas State like they are a couple plays away from being a team in position to be in the Big Twelve championship game. And if you get to that game, if you win the game, you're in the playoffs. They have a it's out of their control now, you know BYU. I don't think lost a game. They need someone to beat Kansas State. But it's college football.
Speaker 2: Anything could happen.
Speaker 1: But if they get to nine and three, I would have laughed.
Speaker 2: In your face if you would have told me after week two, like you.
Speaker 1: Know, Florida, some of these teams should be calling don he gets a nine and three with this squad. He's doing a hell of a job, he really is. And I would imagine if you live on the East Coast that game's kicked off. I had to kick off like eight o'clock at night. You probably didn't watch it. They just look like a buttoned up good team. Now, obviously they got a couple of NFL high end NFL players, but just as a unit, their defense is way better, their pass rush is way better. They're running games way better. Like I've come.
Speaker 2: A long way.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a lot of a lot of fluff. The uncle coach man, thanks for listening to people. Audios, have a good night.
Speaker 2: The volume