Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, November nineteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we are battling bad food takes. It's me and your man in re markt Brand, joined by Michael f Florio and LaQuan Jones. Before we started the show for I just want you to know that I can crushed several.
Speaker 2: Weeks to year, I was gonna say the bad food takes you sent at.
Speaker 1: Me well, or or you Lakwan who was on Blue Sky disparaging Wendy's. Wait wait wait I missed this. Yeah, you know, like wed on Monday, Monday morning, he was disparaging Wendy's on Blue Sky. It was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Man, Listen, I have no issues with Wendy's, like it's edible, but the burgers are the only thing keeping it alive. Like the fries are soggy now the nuggets aren't the same. And like they have they can.
Speaker 1: Say they have the goat chickens say, what do you tell these spicy chickens say, which is the go What are you doing.
Speaker 4: Double snow?
Speaker 2: I mean of the national burger chains like the big ones, Wendy's is by far the best.
Speaker 3: Marcus wants to walk away from the.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed, that's all.
Speaker 4: So you would say Burger king over Wendy's.
Speaker 3: Uh, they're both on the same level that they're not the same art they used to be.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna leave it there. I'ma leave it there. Let's let's let's just leave it there before we all just you know, end up in a big blow up with each other. It's just not gonna work out. We're gonna We're gonna talk some more fantasy mailbacks and more of your questions. We had some on Monday, we will do some again today. Also give you some Waiver Wire deep dives and folks who can go back to the Waiver Wire as well. But we'll start with out big questions for week twelve and Yon And let's let's start in Denver where last week everybody was on the audric Estimate train and I kept saying, look, man, just beware because Sean Payton is gonna pull the rug out from onunderneath us. And wasn't it up happening. Sean Payton pulled the rug out from underneath us. We go and look at the snaps. Estimate played thirteen snaps compared to thirty two for Javonte Williams, who ended up having a touchdown. Julia McLoughlin had eight. So, Floria, I will start with you, what are we doing with Broncos running backs?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can trust them in fantasy? Like, I know, Javonte had a good game yesterday, five targets, caught the touchdown. But how many times have we seen Javonte have a game like this? It's been three now, because he's had three good games this year, and then it's surrounded by a bunch of like meh and then and shout out to you, Marcus. Not only did you say that you don't believe the estimate usage from last week, you were like, I need to see it two more times in a row before I believe it. And you were one hundred percent right because his production looks even better if you just watched the box score, because at halftime this game was a blowout, and I believe he had one touch so most of his volume came in the second half of a blowout. Like I drafted Javonte in a number of teams. I thought maybe he could break out. I picked up estimating a couple of leagues last week. I just to me, they're like players who keep on the end of your bench in case of emergency.
Speaker 4: There's no week I'm gonna go into.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, I feel very confident about starting this guy because Sean Payton hates two things. He hates uh NFC South teams and he hates fantasy football.
Speaker 1: He really does. I mean, like Lakwan, is it still even worth holding onto Estimat? I mean, do we still hang on to him or I mean, what do you do now?
Speaker 3: Listen, out of my pride, I'm just gonna hold on to him, like I'm this is just a pride move at this point where it's like, Dude, the first half he had three snaps, How is that possible from the previous game where he looked like this draft prospect you were so happy about, and then you make us out to be liars because you hate fantasy football. Like my hate towards Arthur Smith is no longer there. I am prouder author Smith in the feelers. That offense looks amazing, nag. He is having his best year. He's not doing snip snap snips now with the with the touches between him and Jalen Warren. It's showing Peyton being the most toxic person he could possibly be, just getting the point that I control this. We're gonna do things my way, and I think all your estimate only gets three touches in the first half.
Speaker 4: Perfect and Ran.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Arthur Smiths figured out, just get the ball to your good players, right.
Speaker 5: I mean he's getting Harris and Warren involved.
Speaker 1: He's getting targets to George Pickens like he is getting his good players involved. Meanwhile, I think, I really do think Sean Payton is looking for the Denver version of Taysom Hill. He just wants that guy that he can throw in to just ruin our fantasy lives. In the meantime, since he doesn't have that, he's just going to, you know, tell us children's stories about rodric Estimate and his usage and that sort of thing. So I don't know, LaQuan. Is the Chargers passing game a thing now?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I mean, coming out of that buy, you see Justin Herbert and that offense passing the ball a lot more than they were in the earlier season. I mean, you have guys like Josh Palmer that flashes at points, you know, making big plays downfield. And then Quentin Johnson's he's filling into where his confidence is at an all time high now every single week making the big plays he's playing. So Justin Herbert is out there dealing and willing and dealing. And then Lab McConkie, Man, I can go on a rant of just how good this guy has been. And you look at last week's game and he's kind of shown up in big moments in that second half. There was nothing going on in that Chargers offense, and you look at Lab McConkey as the only guy that have over twenty receiving yards. I mean, he went out there and put the team on his back. So it's like Lab McConkie is the staple, is a wide receiver, one that we kind of figured that he was going to be coming into this season.
Speaker 1: No, he's been fantastic. And then you were talking before the show, Florie about Will Disley is a very quietly becoming a thing in this offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in three of his last four games he has at least six targets.
Speaker 4: He caught a touchdown yesterday.
Speaker 2: I know in week ten, I haven't seen the numbers for Week eleven, yet he had the third highest first read rate in the NFL in Week ten, So like he is a bit he is the go to tight end here. I agree with everything Lakwan said. I love Lad McConkie, loved him in the NFL draft, all of that. Quentin Johnson continues to score touchdowns despite everything all the haters on Twitter say and everything like that. But Disley I think is under the radar at tight end, someone you could pick up and someone that I think you can use in fantasy moving forward.
Speaker 4: Like Justin Herbert is bawling out right now and probably deserves a little. He's not gonna win it, but he deserves.
Speaker 6: To at least be in the MVP conversation, I would say, I mean, it's just it's interesting because Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh have opened up the offense, where the first few weeks of the season we weren't seeing him throw.
Speaker 1: The ball a whole lot, but basically since about Week four or five, things have opened up. I mean, he was under two hundred yards the first four games of the season. He has been over two hundred and thirty yards in every game but one since. And also he has just one interception all year long, thirteen touchdowns, just one interception, and starting to use his legs a little bit more so. Justin Herbert really the catalyst there. But you mentioned Lad mcconkeye, Quinton Johnston doing things well, Disley getting involved, So now suddenly we can start to buy in to this passing game some more. Florio, I was gonna ask, are we in on JSN? But look, he's had over one hundred yards in back to back games. The question, I guess should be is this sustainable for Jackson Smith and Jagbo?
Speaker 2: I think so because yeah, and the first his last two games twenty four targets, seventeen catches, two hundred and ninety yards, two touchdowns, like as elite.
Speaker 4: That's like elite production. But what really stands out to me.
Speaker 2: He did it yesterday with DK metcalf back and Tyler Lockett is just an afterthought right now in this system. It is clearly DK and JAYSN. And even more than just the volume was when he was getting the volume, like a lot of big plays for the Seahawks down the stretch went to js and even beyond just these two games in the stretch prior to that, he showed us to have a be like more of a safe floor option. Now we're seeing the upside that becomes a like when a player has a safe floor and a high ceiling, there must start fantasy options. So I'm not saying Jsen is a must start every single week, but he's quickly getting to that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, we all loved him coming out of college.
Speaker 1: Last year with Shane Waldron, it didn't quite work out, and then of course famously he was asked what the Bears fan should expect about Shane Waldron and he had a really long, awkward pause. He was right and apparently yeah, but now he is thriving in that Seattle offense. We're certainly very excited about that.
Speaker 5: Side.
Speaker 1: It to the mailbag because we had some questions from you guys on Monday, getting some more here on the Tuesday show, and the first one from Michael Lancaster lakwan he wants to know will Tyreek Hill play like a wide receiver one or actually like a number one receiver whatever semantics? Well, you played like at number one wide receiver in the playoffs. That's what I'm asking you here.
Speaker 3: Uh listen, man, you got the Jets Texans forty nine ers and the Browns and the Fantasy playoffs. Honestly, I think he could show up as a wide receiver one against the Jets because this Jets team is basically lowan morale, So you're good in that first round. But when you get to the Texans, man, I think a lot of people are sleeping on this Texan secondary.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: They are a tough pass defense, and they can make the plays, and they can also get pressure on Tua, and we know when Tua's getting into that pocket, some of the decision making gets questionable, so that may be, you know, one of the situations where Tua drops it down to Johnny Smith or devon a Channon Moster, it doesn't really get to Tyreek Kilser, You're going to be dependent on Tyreek making these big, flashy plays out of nowhere on a more consistent basis through these playoffs with this tough matchup, I'm not quite sure I can stamp in and say Strawberry approved, he is going to be a wide receiver one for the Fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like it's not even about matchups anymore. It's just about the way the offense is sort of operating where it's not a big play explosive offense. Because you mentioned the Jets, I mean, I would say the forty nine Ers right now look like a more favorable matchup because the secondary has been having issues and you know, we'll see Nick Bosa was injured. It didn't really play much in the second half of that game, you know, So if they don't have much of a pass rush, potentially there's something there. But I just don't have a lot of confidence in the offense overall right now in Miami. Speaking of the forty nine ers, Floryda this one from Charlie who wants to know should I drop Deebo and trust Juwan?
Speaker 4: No to the first part, one hundred percent yes.
Speaker 2: To the second part, Juwan Jennings is a must start fantasy wide receiver the rest of the way in the last two games led them in the receivers in every category, snaps, targets, catches, touchdowns, all of that.
Speaker 4: He is playing the Brandon Nyuk role.
Speaker 2: And this is what we saw last week last season, I mean out of Brandon Nyuk, and this is what we had for this season out of Brandon Ayuk. But that doesn't mean that Deebo Samuel should be dropped. Like I understand his recent stretch the last three weeks isn't his best.
Speaker 4: It's been a lot of floor games, but the upside.
Speaker 5: Is still sky high.
Speaker 4: He is still tied to.
Speaker 2: A very good offense, and he is still Deebo Samuel, like he is going to have good games.
Speaker 4: So maybe he's.
Speaker 2: I think we need to view Debo kind of how we did last year, Like he might not be the elite, like you start him no matter what, no questions ask wide receiver, but you're definitely better with him on your roster than on someone else's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I mean I don't think you can just move on from him.
Speaker 1: But what Deebo has given you this year is what I kind of expected. Like he is the variance is very wide. The range of outcomes on a weekly basis with Deebo is very wide. What he does for the offense on the field a lot of times is great. It doesn't always translate to fantasy and I think you've seen that the last couple of weeks with Deebo Samuel. But you can't move on from him because you know, any weeks can go off for one hundred yards in a touchdown. Understand. Also the rushing ability, it's great, it's not necessarily gonna be there like it was a few years ago. I mean that was the reason they got Christian McCaffrey because they needed running backs.
Speaker 5: They need somebody run the football not named Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 1: You don't. You don't drop him. But if you can get Juwan Jennings, then get Jawan Jennings.
Speaker 2: Kudos because you were on Juwan Jennings more than before anyone really like, so good call on.
Speaker 3: Your homer, Homer.
Speaker 5: I mean, I might be a homer, but it worked out right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we're not out here trying to make Jordan Whittington a thing. You know, That's what's different.
Speaker 5: Shot a desired.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, that's the most hurtful shot that I've ever gotten defending his team. Jesus, I'm hungry take a shot to debo, Like, what do you want me to do? I'm gonna take a quick break right back with more of the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 1: Back here on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. All right, look on this this one. This one is for you from uh from Brian Jenkins wants to know I have the Texans defense. Should I get the Cardinals or Bengals for the bye week in fantasy playoffs?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Cardinals or Bengals. Well, if you're in the DST position, you're looking for sack production more so looking for upside to build on those ten points. And I really like the Texans being that you have the security floor of that they're not gonna be a defense that is gonna give up a ton of points. They're gonna have the upside of takeaways. Also with the pass rush show, I might be leaning towards more so with the Texans over the Cardinals because honestly, this little last burst of the Cardinals defense showing up in DST, it's very inconsistent and I cannot trust that, you know, when it comes to the Fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the Bengals, they give a lot of points. So if you if you take a hit based on like, you know, points given up, then you know, I don't know if you do that necessarily, but I do think, you know, in terms of didn't get after the quarterback forcing turnovers, maybe that's a little bit of a better situation, uh than the Cardinals. But yeah, and here's the thing. You don't necessarily have to commit to one for the entirety of the season either. You can sort of you know, stream and go back and forth if you really need to.
Speaker 3: I'll take one chance with the bangles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there it is. Let's dive into the waiver wire. Let's deep dive into the waiver wire. And uh, LaQuan, you're you're really just setting yourself up to dye your hair with this, Like why are you Why is this your deep dive waiver wire? Guys?
Speaker 4: Why did you Guys?
Speaker 3: Let me make that deal about John new Smith being a top five tight end. I mean, at the time, it is, but that's just me putting it in the universe of believing in the talent man, because honestly, you have to go get him. I don't understand why he's still in the waiver wire. Since week nine. He's leading the Dolphins with Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle playing and receiving yards and that's obviously showing that he could be a big play playmaker. And in early Innerseeason, what I was saying was is like, this is a tight end that Mike McDaniel has never had, Like this is the prototype of what he wants. He is a speed demon trying to collect all the speedstones and johnnah Smith ficks that bill. I mean, since week five he's been a tight end six and I can only see this increasing being that he's getting up there in the momentum and he's getting up there and snaps as well being more of a focal point in this offense. And like I said before, he's coming to be the security blanket for Tuas. So yeah, he's highly available on the waiver wire for you, and he's a possible league winner here that we're looking at.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's been he's been really really good so far this season. It should be rostered more than he currently is. Floria, who's your waiver wire deep dive for the week.
Speaker 2: Let's get deep the Raiders running backs speakause it's yeah, it's gross, but it goes two ways.
Speaker 4: Like one.
Speaker 2: Alexander Madison left last week due to injury, so if he is hurt, I would imagine Zamir White is the lead runner next week and a mir Abdula takes over passing downs yet don't want to start them. But six teams are on by next week and running back has not provided a whole bunch of options off the waiver wire for weeks now, so you could be in a pinch where you need to replace again, one of the many running backs that are on by if you could pick up like a Zamir White or a Mere Abdulah, that might be Look, it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be gross, but it might be a way you can do so.
Speaker 2: But even more than that, they have the best playoffs schedule for running backs. Like they get the they open up against the Falcons, who we just saw yesterday they were annihilated by the Broncos. Then they get the Jaguars and the Saints, who we know you can run all over those teams. So like, if someone like Alexander Madison, let's say, is back and gets all like the bulk of volume by then he could be a sneaky like flex option or something that helps teams win in the fantasy playoffs. I feel gross saying it, but the schedule allows that.
Speaker 5: Ah yeah, I mean we've all right.
Speaker 1: When you're starting a running back, you're like, I just need you to maybe fall into the end zone and just sort of make it worth while. And kind I think where we are with raiders running backs, I'm going with Marquez Valdez Scantling as a deep dive option because it's it's a couple of weeks in a row now that he's had some decent yardage and a touchdown. He's a big play guy. I think you mentioned this on Monday Show Florio that he's sort of taking over where Rashid sha He left off now that he's on injured reserve. Just that guy who can sort of take the top off a defense. It is wild that in his career he has played with Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Yet somehow Derek Carr seems to be the guy that has unlocked him to be a productive wide receiver. Like, I can't figure that out, but this is where we are right now. Again, He's he is a boom er bust option. He is the quintessential veteran best ball guy. But if you are looking for a flex option in a pinch, Marquez Valdez Scantling is a guy who seems to be getting targets and big situations. He even seems to be somewhat Taysom hillproof, just because yeah, we're not seeing them run vertical routes with Taysom Hill just yet, So yes, yes, that's two weeks that it is two weeks away right for now, MVS. He's being ouest now mind you, they are on a bye this week, so keep that in mind. But this is definitely something like a little more forward looking. You can get MVS into your fantasy lineup. So if you are adding guys, of course, that means you probably are dropping somebody as well.
Speaker 5: Who are we saying goodbye to Lakwan?
Speaker 3: I am done with the how do I say de Deontae Johnson storyline? I think more so, we're not really going to see him activated for the fantasy season. I think the Ravens might be holding on to him to show up in the playoffs, to be the secret X weapon, whatever the case may be. But the dude ran six routes you know last week. That's not anything showing any signs of production or any signs of life that he's going to be on the field to be so dynamic. I mean, honestly, since he got there, his just snaps have just been decreasing decreasing, So I'm not too sure or if it's worth holding on, you know, onto the fantasy bench row, So you might as well be getting them on the wire and get some guys in that can actually help you leading to the Fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw a lot of chatter about Deontay Johnson on Sunday, and folks just just sort of, you know, throwing their hands up in there, not sure what to do because he can't get on the field, he can't get targets. He's really just not an entity in the Baltimore offense at all. So we we haven't been sure about Packers wide receivers, but Florida, I think it seems like you're done with one of them at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Lakwan's drop really hurt me, and I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was struggling to find someone that, Like I was looking at all my rosters, and I realized I have been stashing Doan Tavian Wicks in a lot of teams because I kind of view him as the top wide receiver handcuff, like if anything happens to the top three guys of the Packers, he could slide in and be a really useful wide receiver. But like he only played thirty percent of the snaps yesterday, Christian Watson had his best game since final game of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: We know Jayden Reid.
Speaker 2: Is the slot guy and he has a Jordan Love's attention. We know Romeo Dobbs is going to play a bunch of snaps and also has a lot of chemistry with Jordan Loves. So it's just not happening for Dontavian Wicks. I feel like the only place you should roster him is kind of, like I said, like if you're holding him.
Speaker 4: As a handcuff.
Speaker 2: But even that has to be in deep leagues because in like a regular twelve team league, Yeah, I'd rather have MVS on my roster or a number of these other players that we have discussed. So unless you're in a league where the waiver wire is really really thin, I think you just wash your hands and say, I'm gonna be done with dan Tavian Wicks right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we've sort of figured out the pecking order for the Packers wide receivers, and Wicks right now, barring an injury, is just not really involved.
Speaker 4: Yours is spicy.
Speaker 1: It is spicy, and look, maybe it's not for everybody, but for a lot of people, it just might be time to say goodbye. To uh Jalen Wattle. It just it has not worked out with Jalen Wattle so far this year. And we were hoping that once to a tongue of Ioloa came back, that maybe it would get a little bit better. But saw something on Blue Sky from Hutchinson Brown, who's a lot of fun to follow, really good guy. He put a list together of the wide receivers averaging more PPR Fantasy points per game than Jalen Wattle, right, and you know some of them are, you know, maybe not a key On Coleman, not really a big surprise, you know, Gus Tyler Lockett, you could sort of buy that, Michael Pittman, sure, DeAndre Hopkins. But some of these names are kind of like what Devon Veale, Uh, you know, imagine, I look, I look. I admit it's a small sample size, but averaging Xavier Legette, Adam Feelen, you know, you know, Ricky Pearsall hadn't played that many games, but he has more, uh, Jalen Tobert. I mean, there's just some names here that are out performing Jalen Wattle that we wouldn't have anticipated at the start of the year. It has not been good. The schedule isn't necessarily great. Down the stretch, maybe something happens and there's an explosion for the Dolphins, But at this point this sort of looks like this offense is just kind of is what it is like. I don't think it gets much better. And with John new Smith playing well, with Tyreek Hill still there, even seeing more targets for Odell Beckham Junior over the last couple of weeks, it just doesn't feel like there's an opportunity for Jalen Wattle to pay off that that ADP. So, yeah, maybe you're in a deeper league and you just can't afford to part ways with him, But if you're in a shallow league, I think certainly less than teen team ten teams, but maybe even ten team leagues, you could probably move on from Jalen Wattle at this point. Didn't think we'd be saying that at the start of the year. And again I set up the show to end on a downer. I'm not really good at this. These are things that I'm not that I'm not doing well about. Will I will try to get better, But anyway, that's a good spot for us to end it for this week. That'll do it for this should the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well. Trying to get over this. Jaylen waddle down, everybody, and we will talk to you again tomorrow