Speaker 1: Miranda, Why you got so many Twilight posters around?
Speaker 2: I can't do this.
Speaker 3: I Miranda would be the spyhard of the sexilicity because she's closeted.
Speaker 4: She's sheen am me no.
Speaker 5: Ma, not my name?
Speaker 1: Yo yo?
Speaker 2: What is your childhood?
Speaker 1: I am a cook chook.
Speaker 2: Your life's going down before us around.
Speaker 4: Done, dun donna done, dun't dun't.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not gonna do that. This is This is like a virgin in the show where we give yesterday's pop culture today's takes. I'mra's DomU and I'm Friend Toronto and we have another special guest today. You are now our second PayPal prince, not PayPal.
Speaker 2: You know our second.
Speaker 3: You are now our second pay Well princess. Please welcome to the chat. Peyton Dix so excited.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I expected applause and then that it didn't happen. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I do like PayPal Princess, though I think that's like well, I who won't be that too?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know I was nervous where that I was going for a minute, but I like where you.
Speaker 3: I like where it. So. The journey getting to this episode is interesting because well, something that you know, casual fans of yours might not know is that you're a sick fuck.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: This is something that I know that Fran knows, that anyone on your close friends list knows you were a sick fuck. And the biggest example of that is that you watched the entire first season event just like that, without ever having seen a single episode of Sex in the City. Are you ready to answer for your war crimes?
Speaker 5: No, lock me up, honestly throw myselves in the back to the right. I know like it is. Truly, I can admit with my chest, at this grown age now that it is the worst thing about me. What change was?
Speaker 3: It was because you have rectified the situation after you appeared at our last live show in which we forced you to watch the bisexual episode of Sex and the City, and you have now watched how much of the show.
Speaker 5: I'm almost done with Season four.
Speaker 3: Season four the second best season of Sex and the City in my opinion, seasons three and four. Seasons three and four are our peak Sex in the City.
Speaker 2: Oh so you think season three is the best?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think season three, because of the big affair, is the best season in Sex and the city. It has the most iconic episodes. It has the fashion show.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's when the girl is really stepped it out and stepped up, except for the flower. I'm like, every if that bitch puts some motherfucking carnation or whatever on one more clothing item, I was like, she will find a way, She will.
Speaker 3: Find Patricia Field will answer for her crimes one day. Although you know, the flower thing is back, like all of the TikTok fashion girls are wearing them. I'm sure you've seen people out and about. I have a flower choker sitting sitting on my dresser over there, and I also believe I have a flower scrungey somewhere. Carrie, pat I'm a victim.
Speaker 5: You are Harry.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree. Season three is probably the best season. But like Peyton, so many people in your life love sex and the city, like are obsesses, like your best friends, your closest colleagues, your comrades.
Speaker 2: What is the deal? What took you so long? What was I will say?
Speaker 5: There were guns drawn, like everyone's violence afoot? Yeah yeah, okay, you think there's not someone Hilton's over here hovering to the left, movie like a knife, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Like Hilton is in the corner of the room with a gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the gun's not loaded, but they still.
Speaker 2: It's just like resting in her lap, just like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it's like it's theatrix of it. But yeah, I just felt like one of those things. I mean, same with and I'm sure we'll have a follow up on this baby, but like same of succession. It just felt like one of those things that I missed and never caught up on, and so I just kind of and I think also girls came into my life in such a big way that I was like, oh, this will be my personality traite, Like I'm gonna skip sex in the city and go to these white women instead, who were gonna hold me and keep me safe.
Speaker 3: You know, there's only room for so many white women.
Speaker 2: Heart, Like come on, I went to private school. I can only do some much girls. Girls is really all consuming as well.
Speaker 1: I think that that's like kind of fair, you know, you can only take a little bit at a time.
Speaker 2: But like, look, you've arrived. We're so happy for you.
Speaker 1: Like honestly, I mean, look, the virgins have already heard all of our kind of like diatribes and downloads on sex and the City, and I will say Sex and the City is definitely top five favorite TV shows, if not top five favorite entities in general, Like I will always return to it as a source of truth.
Speaker 2: What did you What did you think.
Speaker 1: Having come out of the you know, the fourth season, like do you did you have any new perspectives on the show that you didn't have before?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think, like okay, generally, like generally I have a very vague concepts of like who the girls were, Like Samantha sucks, Carrie like slat, yeah, Carrie writer, like all these like very vague you know, identifiers of these people.
Speaker 2: So I didn't really know.
Speaker 5: If someone were to ask me, like who I thought I was, I really would just go with Samantha because I was like, I don't know, like that, I fuck, I think I don't. I really don't. But you know, like I watched the show and immediately was like, oh, I'm a Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Maybe was like, okay, unpack that.
Speaker 3: How were you a Charlotte?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately I do agree, but let's continue, thank.
Speaker 3: You, all right?
Speaker 5: I think one, in general, she is such a yes and girl in bed, which I love. I think like she in discourse, she's not giving like you know, oh, I'm open minded on him, but in.
Speaker 2: Bed she's more open.
Speaker 5: The carriage, she's definitely more over than closet and Miranda, which that I feel like was a the whole. Do you think that they were writing Miranda knowing.
Speaker 2: She was gonna be gay eventually? Because no, not at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, definitely not knowing she was gonna be gay, but they wrote her, but they wrote her gay like I wrote her.
Speaker 2: Gay as fuck.
Speaker 3: Gay as well. That that episode where her her colleague sets her up with his lesbian friend and Miranda like tries it out and like tries to use it to get ahead professionally, is like, I mean, clearly they knew something was up with Cynthia Nixon, but not quite to the extent that the jig is up. Now.
Speaker 1: You know who else knew that Miranda was truly a lesbian was Patricia Field. Because some of these looks, I'm gonna send one to the chat now, honestly, because like this is like lesbian core, like giant puffer jackets.
Speaker 2: There's also this amazing all.
Speaker 3: The suits she wore the first and second season, which was honestly, like, I'm sad it was abandoned, and I really would like to see her styled more like that on INNG just like that, because they keep putting her in these very like crunchy Brooklyn mom outfits and like, I get that that is a side of Miranda, but I want to see her back in the power suit vibe.
Speaker 5: But her at leisure was so good, Like I feel like that got totally left out too, which I'm like, I'm sure an Upper East Sider has at least one set of joggers, Like, come.
Speaker 3: On, okay, But back to the you being Charlotte of it all. So like, the thing is that Charlotte low key fucks the most of all of them, And I think this is maybe even mentioned in so I have. There was this book released when I was in high school called Sex and the City Kids Intel, and I have it. It's like sitting over on my my console table by my entryway, and it lists like all of the boyfriends that all of them had. And I do think that Charlotte had the most boyfriends because Charlotte was the one who was most actively auking for a husband and so went on the most dates and had the most sex and had freak your sex. Yes, then most of them. I mean, because you know, we've talked about before that Carrie is a horrible sex columnist. She's such a big rude ever. And Charlotte was like out here fucking and sucking getting called you fucking bitch, you fucking horror. She was getting she was like she at some point she says that she rims tray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, I forgot her a minute. Wait she rimmed trey.
Speaker 3: Yes, she and she goes, she goes, we're married.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is that is the tea. Yeah, no, Charlotte actually was.
Speaker 1: And I think, honestly so I listened to the and just like that podcast, the recap pod Dark very It's just so good and that's sorry, it's so good. And they do talk about how Charlotte is like high key, low key, like one of the horn like kind of the freak in bed and the one that is like often shown having a lot more sex than like the other girls, even though she is the most prudish. And I think that that is something that they've done with all the characters, is that they create this dichotomy. They create it's like light side dark side, or like inside outside kind of version of the character. And they're like two extremes. It's like I'm a prude, I'm a freak, or it's like Miranda where she's like I don't have feelings and I hate all of you, and it's like, oh, actually I'm very lonely and I need people. And you know, I think that that. I think the way that the both of these all four characters like vac late between extremes is like why we love them, and it's why we're always like, I am a Carrie. I am you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well I am a Carry But it's not something. It's not a good thing. I wish I was. I'm a Carrie derogatory exactly Carrie is. I was. I was watching Sex and City last night. I'm going to say to prepare for this, but it was really just because I wanted to, and it was. And it was the the opening episode of season two where Carrie is getting over her breakup with Big and she goes out with the New Yankee and then like such a best the best rebound ever, and she has this amazing moment where her pictures in page six with the New Yankee, she runs into Big at the bar. It like the best revenge you could get on an X And yet when the New Yankee kisses her, she cries into his mouth and breaks up with him. I'm so mad at her. She fumbled way the New Yankee, and I am, Oh, listen, I'm always mad at Carrie. She makes the worst decisions and is so annoying, and yet I am her.
Speaker 1: Do we think have we? Who among us? Have any of us ever like like gotten ready for a comeback? Like we're like, oh, this is it? Like I'm rebounding finally hard, I'm gonna be a slut, And then you get there and you just totally boof it, like because of like emotional baggage.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 5: I'm currently in that era. That's funny that I mentioned. I'm living that truth right now. That's so funny. I'm like begging for the streets to call me.
Speaker 2: They're not. I'm like, they're not.
Speaker 5: Let me turn this sound on just in case it's not. Like, but I feel like and I also want to ask really quickly, are we pro aiding or pro big?
Speaker 3: So this is this is I have discovered is an unpopular opinion. But I am team Maiden. I know I know that he sucks and that he wants to change Carrie. He made her quit smoking, but smoking is disgusting. I think he's hot and I think he's He's the kind of man that I personally would date. And I get it with Big, like they're like soulmates. Blah blah blah. I don't know Big, No, I'm not bigs. He was so awful to her. What do you think? What do you think, Peyton, Because you're not fully through the series, so you don't see all the ways in which Big will let carry down. Before you know he eventually dies while riding a peloton. But what do you think? So far?
Speaker 1: Okay, so far?
Speaker 5: And like we are holding room for opinions to change. But basically the things that I've seen are nervous. There was this tweet that was like men are like if a butcher was pathetic, and that's what I feel about Aiden.
Speaker 4: I'm like boom.
Speaker 3: Like tomato, tomato, tomato.
Speaker 5: Tomato, tomato, tomato. I am like this want to be lesbian? Asked like I cannot deal with his carpenter Jesus Christ self. I think he is objectively sexy, and I can respect an honor that I always can. I'll leave room for someone being hot, but like I just find and maybe this is my own thing to work out with my therapist after this call, but like I am just so much more into their dynamic. With her dynamic was Big, I think, like he is just sexy as a fuck, and I'm like, I don't he I'm at the part actually just for this an episode where he and I was like, Okay, how do I forgive this one? Because or not even forgive this one. He's fucked up so many times even to this point. But he's like about to leave New York and he does and tell her and she's like, happens to call?
Speaker 3: That episode is iconic. iHeart New York is one of the best episodes of the series when she goes over with the pizza and they dance to me River, Oh my god, Oh but you're about to enter season five, which is one of my least favorite seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I okay, I have to say, like what Phoebe said in the chat, I was so happy when Big finally died, totally.
Speaker 2: Agree, Like was not my tea.
Speaker 1: I don't understand people that are so like like Big was the one, like he was so perfect, he was so stable, Like I.
Speaker 3: No, he loves carry at the Altar.
Speaker 2: At the altar.
Speaker 1: If he if I had to pick between Aiden and Big, I'm picking Aiden every time, of course, but I of course, if I had to pick, if I were to say the one who was the one that got away, it is John Slattery's character because Pian Yes a politician.
Speaker 2: Yes, grow grow We're a sex columnist. Drink pee, drink pee.
Speaker 3: Everyone listening to this podcast, go home and drink piss tonight tonight, piss, grow up. If you'd like to hear this full episode in our full conversation, you can get that over on our Patreon, Patreon dot com slash like a Vision