Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim to give us. Time and a Turmano and gay.
Speaker 3: We want to send you off instide. We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 4: Tell us all about it. We scared?
Speaker 1: Or was it fine?
Speaker 5: Malborn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need ride.
Speaker 1: With Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: This is Chris Fairbanks, This is Karen Kilgera.
Speaker 1: We aren't tired at all.
Speaker 4: Nope, we feel so good that we are going to podcast about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This one's just about feelings and a guest.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but and his feelings and his feelings.
Speaker 6: We were going to pick up David Huntsburger at Lax. We had a car issue. It's not that interesting of a story why, But we are now waiting at David Huntsberger's house, who is coming from Lax on his own.
Speaker 1: So it's just a little twist with our original format.
Speaker 7: We realize that you guys have had the same format for what like seventeen times, right, so you're probably sitting there.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, we get it. You pick people up, you drive them home.
Speaker 6: Right, Why don't you ever just meet them at home after they drive themselves from the artport.
Speaker 7: Why don't you ever have a dead car battery so that you make everything a half an hour late and then everything has to adjust in a weird way.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's your battery and not the alternator starting.
Speaker 4: It is the alternator, Chris. I swear to God, I'm fucking moving away.
Speaker 1: You're going to leave town because I will.
Speaker 7: Leave the car where it is. I'll leave my house two dogs locked inside. They'll start to death.
Speaker 4: And I'll start walking. Then I'm a fucking walking to the mountains, or I'll walk to the fucking desert. I don't even care.
Speaker 6: You're just gonna live off the grid and create your own country's flag.
Speaker 4: That's you know, quilt it. I'll quilt a flag out of old T shirts.
Speaker 1: Just like Martha Washington did.
Speaker 7: That's right, Martha Washington's good friend Betsy Rossmi.
Speaker 1: Betsy.
Speaker 6: Betsy did the sewing, but Martha and Martha did a lot of the design.
Speaker 7: She did design, and she would call Betsy on the phone a lot on the two cans connected the string a lot and just be like, hey, let's talk about design.
Speaker 6: And then France Scott Key wrote a little song about that flag and it.
Speaker 1: Goes like this, it's you had a different star spangled banner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, at our school it was Montssory and so they let us write.
Speaker 1: The star spangled It was just a series of child scats.
Speaker 4: It was really the beginning. It was the dawning of.
Speaker 7: The age of child assholes. We really kicked it off big time.
Speaker 1: In the seventies America.
Speaker 4: Yay recess.
Speaker 6: Ah, So we're waiting, We are waiting. You know, David Scott, I've been in his place. It certainly is nice, is it? But this is one of those neighborhoods where I wouldn't be I'd be surprised, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone drove by an open fire on us.
Speaker 7: Right, And I wouldn't be surprised because that's what happens on this podcast. We violence is a big part of it, as everyone knows.
Speaker 6: Everyone knows that if it's not someone chasing this down with a bike lock, it's us driving past someone murdering another man with his fists.
Speaker 7: Oh and I didn't tell you this on my way home from that show I did.
Speaker 4: I did Morgan Jay's show in Marina del Rey last week. Mor j You know Morgan J.
Speaker 5: Ray.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: He's a young up and comer. I think you'd really like him. He's very funny, okay, and really he's a nice guy.
Speaker 7: But I was driving home from that and at that same intersection there was a guy.
Speaker 4: Look at this guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is an intersection of confusion.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Right now, there's a man that's doing a.
Speaker 6: Thing that he wants to play a slow mersh Oh, why slow chicken?
Speaker 4: Were you going to say something like it was a slow chicken?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say slow mersion. He's playing a slow mercion game of chicken. And that was a weird I wouldn't have done a fourteen point turn in the middle of the intersection like.
Speaker 4: That to go back up the street. He was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean anyway, Morgan Morgan.
Speaker 7: Fairchraild is one of my favorite actresses, mostly because of her beauty, but on also Coper talent.
Speaker 4: I was driving home. I was at that same intersection and.
Speaker 7: There was a guy so drunk that he was like yet running into the traffic and yelling at cars and doing that kind of like gangster big chest pigeons dance, you know, like like he's gonna fight cars and his Yeah, sure you don't.
Speaker 1: You know, I've lived it. I've the gangster chicken dance.
Speaker 7: And then he was like his friend who was also gangster looking, was trying to get him out of the road and people were honking.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting at the light.
Speaker 7: I literally real, you know, real subtly rolled up my windows and locked my door, scared.
Speaker 1: To death because you don't want to piss him off by them noticing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like, oh, you're a bad person or I judge you because you're trying to beat up a car. And then cop this police issue baton.
Speaker 4: Just look at it.
Speaker 1: It's basically in a holster.
Speaker 7: Chris is wielding a police issue baton at me right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not it's not pointed at you.
Speaker 4: It was perpendicular to me. He really is.
Speaker 7: Now it's a gorgeous kind of bubb Burker's beauty style presentation.
Speaker 6: And it's a cherrywood or mahogany otel. The girth on that whoa, yeah, you don't want.
Speaker 4: To that's a heavy stick. Yeah, the window. Great, that would have been anyway.
Speaker 7: Then a cop came by and immediately it was like suddenly I was a police zone and this guy was getting arrested.
Speaker 4: It was like it happened super quick.
Speaker 7: Wow, And it was the same spot where the guy got dropped violently and horribly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the corner of I think Pico Andrea. Yes, yeah, it's a dangerous stop.
Speaker 4: There's I think it's like there's a bus stop there. There's a lot of Have you.
Speaker 1: Ever ridden on the bus for a prolonged period of.
Speaker 4: Time Los Angeles?
Speaker 1: No, probably not. I'm answering a question I asked you.
Speaker 4: I thought you were saying you were gonna name a different city. No, no, not Los Angeles. I have ever ridden a bus in cant.
Speaker 7: I used to have to take the bus after I stopped drinking and had seizures.
Speaker 4: I couldn't drive for three years, so I.
Speaker 7: Had to take the bus, all right. I took a bus that went from it was like the bus that went basically from Colombia and Franklin over the hill to the Warner Brothers. Because I had my first riding job. It was the worst.
Speaker 6: Yeah, taking a bus to a job. I would I would take it at night. I would ride my bike to the bus stop and put my bike.
Speaker 1: On the front of the bus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I go from Venice to I did it once for a Largo show and I did it once for an MBAR show and Jimmy Pardo made fun of me and said that I rode the bus there offended. But it's uh, you know, I didn't want everyone to know I was riding on the bus. I wasn't dressed like a bus person, and there is a dress. One time a guy on the bus was just covered in feathers like either he had.
Speaker 4: Wait, was that a bird?
Speaker 1: It was a bird on the white feathers.
Speaker 6: He was just in sweatpants, but head to tone feathers. So I thought, well, he just went into a chicken coop somewhere in LA and murdered.
Speaker 1: A munch of chickens. Sure, or he has a down How does he have a down comforter? And I know that was my other thought.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's a very rich man.
Speaker 7: He was there to show everybody if you just pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you can.
Speaker 6: Have as many feathers and you can get on a bus and yell the sea where it's a suspecting woman.
Speaker 7: See, that's the thing the bus was. It felt like a ticking time bomb all the time. And my route was very low key. It wasn't like we were going through It was very It was one of the lowest keys about all bus routes, I think.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 6: Still, it's a place for people that don't have much else to do, just kind of hang out all day. The most memorable time ever.
Speaker 1: If we want to swamp bus stores and then no we do that.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you'll stop at a school, an entire class will get on the bus, yes, or an entire part of a school. And it was like a fifth grade age kids, and there was so many people already on the bus that this little kid holding a.
Speaker 1: Bag of I think spaghetti. It wasn't a ziploc bag.
Speaker 6: It was like the lunch lady grabbed tore a piece of plastic and he was just holding it tight with his hand.
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 6: Oh and he was. It was so crowded that he basically was sitting on my leg. And as we were he was like, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. It's like it's okay, there's not enough room on the bus. And then as the bus went he was dabbing my leg. He got spaghetti on the pants. He was just blotting with this spaghetti bagh And I was like, well that I'll take your apology for the spaghetti day.
Speaker 1: But then but.
Speaker 6: Then as you got off the posse, he's like, I'm sorry, I got spaghetti on your pants.
Speaker 4: And it's like, oh, you're sweet, wonderful.
Speaker 1: He was a sweet little kid. Yeah, I'll never forget that kid.
Speaker 7: And thank god he was sitting on your lap and not some horrible, bizarre perverse exactly. That's that story went as well as it possibly could have for what it was.
Speaker 1: Right. No, that was a situation where I was like I could have a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they're great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're great.
Speaker 4: They're great. Someone was doing a good job with him too, because he was.
Speaker 6: He was a good manners although who's making him. It's his mom saying, hey, bring some of that spaghetti home for your brother and sister.
Speaker 5: Who knows. I mean, he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't want to be holding a bag of spaghetti.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I mean you could just think of a million stories behind that spaghetti story, and I just can't go there.
Speaker 4: I can't think about a kid that needs spaghetti from school.
Speaker 1: No, I mean a lot of people. You know, Spaghetti doesn't just grow on trees.
Speaker 6: I would to imagine a world where it did. Though, just for a moment, it's gone.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even spaghetti, really, it was wagon wheel pasta.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what you were imagining. Yeah, I was imagining a.
Speaker 6: Beautiful tree, like a willow tree in Italy, but dangling instead of branches.
Speaker 1: It's just spaghetti noodle.
Speaker 6: And then the wind comes a blowing and you get sauce all up in your face, and then it's just.
Speaker 4: A nice cat comes and licks your teeth.
Speaker 1: Spaghetti tree cat.
Speaker 5: The fuck?
Speaker 1: Oh it's it might as well be midnight. It might.
Speaker 6: I'm concerned about David Huntsburger's well being.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like we could just talk about David Huntsburger for.
Speaker 6: This episode and then he can just jump in at the end and go. And that's all for me, Folks.
Speaker 7: I confirm and deny everything you just said about me.
Speaker 4: In conclusion.
Speaker 1: I wasn't here the end, good bye. No, he'll be here any minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: They didn't want to wait at Lax and so we decided to meet at his house, where we have waited as long as he would have for us.
Speaker 1: Yep, because I was.
Speaker 6: Already here when I got the news of your Uh what isn't your alternator?
Speaker 1: It's just a dead battery. Oh god, it's gonna be the alternate.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be every We're all going to be riding the goddamn bus with spaghetti pants.
Speaker 4: I'm so I'm so spaghetti bound.
Speaker 5: It's not even funny.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm already ready for it.
Speaker 7: I haven't been I That's the thing is like, when you don't maintain stuff, it falls apart exactly when you don't want it to exactly.
Speaker 4: And that is what I'm going through right now.
Speaker 6: And then right when you called with your car woes, that's when my flat tire light came earlier, right, a flat tire uh and uh you know I filled it with I'll oh, that'll buy me a day or two, Try a couple hours.
Speaker 7: Well you know why Curly roller this goddamn town in this car. But here's the thing, we are against all odds doing this podcast tonight. Yeah, we're beating the odds. We're going that we're flying in the face.
Speaker 5: You know, when you.
Speaker 7: Get down and everything starts piling up against you.
Speaker 1: You're talking about during the war.
Speaker 7: Right, I'm talking about World War two.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're about and all your friends are piling up on you.
Speaker 8: You know when you have been shipped by train to a work camp, trained by ship, or or you've been trained to work on a ship to get away from Germany. Look, there's all these scenarios, and the bottom line is keep your chin up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody, Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're gonna make it. If we don't make it, that's fine too.
Speaker 6: Just because your friends are dying and the ones that aren't dying or breathing next day on a submarine doesn't mean you can't keep your chin up, soldier.
Speaker 4: Get that chin up as high as you possibly can, soldier.
Speaker 6: Any time we have an episode, I realize how patriotic we both are.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I fucking love this country. It's the only reason that I haven't died yet.
Speaker 6: You know what, These colors don't run, but if they did, it would be a beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's my impression of a gay patriot. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Liked it because your voice stayed kind of the same you did. You went up a lotspectful, right, exactly, it's modern.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 7: It was a modern representation of a gay patriot. I think that we need more of that on this show. There's a I'll do have an impression now of a pan sexual patriot.
Speaker 1: I am ready, Okay, I'm going.
Speaker 7: To sleep with you at one and you at three and you at five. So everybody put that in your schedules. They pant sexuals are the people that fuck everybody.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, but what's patriotic about that that they're good at scheduling?
Speaker 4: Yes, because that's very American.
Speaker 1: So American.
Speaker 7: It's appointment sex. It's from what I understand. Yeah, I actually had a friend who went on a date.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like apple pie and making appointment.
Speaker 4: Making appointments for stranger sex.
Speaker 7: My friend went on a date off of Okay Cupid and the guy she met with, uh.
Speaker 4: Was pan sexual. I think she said pan sexual.
Speaker 7: And that's how I know about this is because she sat there and she said, for two hours, this dude talked at her all about his lifestyle choice and whether or not she was going to fit into it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, not that she had a choice, it was his choice.
Speaker 7: Well uh no, no, he was kind of making it like are you into this?
Speaker 4: But she had put something like that she she puts.
Speaker 7: Something on her okay Cupid profile that she accidentally was cueuing to people like that were uh, sexual experimenters. It was something like I'm open minded, and she genuinely meant it, like oh okay, I'm I'm just that she did it wrong because she didn't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah that it just came across like a calling all freaks exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that that that's a freak.
Speaker 6: I don't, honestly, and I'm gonna sound maybe dumb or uninformed.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I had never heard of I don't know what a pan sexual is.
Speaker 6: I've heard the phrase, but I'm still unclear.
Speaker 4: I don't really.
Speaker 1: It's just someone that makes appointments.
Speaker 7: It's someone that has sex, has It's almost like open relationship ship, except for they don't have one single relationship. They have a bunch of sexual relationships with a bunch of people that all know each other, and I think they all sleep together.
Speaker 6: Oh that's like, and that's basically the basis of pan Am Airlines.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 7: Because they were like, how do we get this done while we travel for business?
Speaker 4: Because we were just like, it's the scheduling thing. Let's get it all done at once.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's okay to have moments of dead air.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was told a long time ago by who Oh a guy on a bus.
Speaker 7: No Feathers McGhee, Captain Feathers told you that.
Speaker 1: The leader of all the feather man Captain Feathers. Oh, yeah, that man in the feathers.
Speaker 6: He yelled at a woman and I said, hey, that's let's all just relax.
Speaker 1: And then he just stared at me.
Speaker 6: And I remember I got off way before my stop because I was scared of him. And then I just had my bike and I'm I realized I was halfway, but I scared of.
Speaker 1: The feather man.
Speaker 7: I would have been horrified even if I'd never had an exchange with him.
Speaker 4: He was covered in fucking feathers.
Speaker 1: It was It was hilarious. I almost felt like, oh, this is a hidden camera situation, but it wasn't.
Speaker 7: That's what the bus is like. The bus is like a prank show that no one is filming.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna text David and see, like do it eta? That sounds passive aggressive?
Speaker 4: Well, and he knows we're waiting.
Speaker 1: All right, and.
Speaker 4: Should I talk while you're tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, or just do a song.
Speaker 9: Oh well, sometimes when you sit on the street waiting for someone to come be on your podcast, you're like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, where are you now?
Speaker 9: Just let me know where, Like, are you on the tent or coming up the bay?
Speaker 4: Sing it with me? Coming up?
Speaker 1: We got it.
Speaker 6: I knew when you were gonna that was my plan to cut you off. Is when you want to have me join in because you have a talent.
Speaker 1: For that night. That was a beautiful song.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Sad?
Speaker 4: I felt like there was a real, uh kind of just a real gentleman sorrow.
Speaker 1: That was a great song.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad we recorded it. You know, we recorded that forever?
Speaker 4: Should we?
Speaker 7: Should I turn it into some kind of a contest. Yeah, let's turn it into the contest.
Speaker 6: Okay, so after you hear that song, let's go ahead and send in your submission.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, let's not. I'm not saying start a contest. I'm saying, get me into the contest.
Speaker 1: Oh like it's one of those songwriting contests.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want I want something for what I just did. I guess that is what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll get I'll take it.
Speaker 6: I'll convert it to a CD, and I'll put it in some envelopes and we'll nail him off to all the sweet steaks.
Speaker 1: Is I see the car.
Speaker 6: I see him trying to park out if they have a driveway, but he is behind me.
Speaker 4: Oh this is exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he will be approaching very soon.
Speaker 4: Cool. David Huntsburger.
Speaker 7: You know him probably from the Professor blast Off podcast podcast.
Speaker 4: What else would people know him from?
Speaker 1: They would know him from living with me for two years.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was his roommate.
Speaker 1: He lived Tig Notaro and I. Tig was in the venice her hat, David, and I, Oh, she's got somewhere to go that.
Speaker 4: There's a lady wearing a straight up like a exciting looking ski hat.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful nineteen seventy ski hat. She looks like a sure path.
Speaker 4: She does actually look like she.
Speaker 1: Really looks like she'd be up in the Himalayas.
Speaker 7: But she's supaying people through ty Town here in central Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Instead of someone else's luggage, she just has a plastic bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of her own, of her own spaghetti coming up. Lea Brea. Let me know when you're gonna be the fleet.
Speaker 6: Oh on Gilbert, Okay up now people know across street.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, they'll never find us.
Speaker 7: The funniest thing is the idea that people listening to us would give two shits about like tracking anybody down. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really don't feel like those are the people that.
Speaker 6: Listen to I have been very careful though, because some people are protective.
Speaker 1: Of you know, they're families and their belonging.
Speaker 4: I think that's smart.
Speaker 1: I'll say I'll tell everyone right now where I live.
Speaker 4: Don't do it, No, don't.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad you stop me. I can see a real sense of urgency in your face. You're right, it would have been a mistake. I don't know how many. And God, if you're listening right now and you're a fan of the show, thank you and we love you and we appreciate everyone whoever did that.
Speaker 1: Do you need a ride fan tweet site?
Speaker 6: But there's nothing that's telling us you won't come to our house and stab us.
Speaker 7: I love but same same as anyone you'd ride the bus with. I mean there, we risk this all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you know who really loves Selena is her fan club president.
Speaker 6: She was obsessed with her I know what she ended up doing, killing her, busting a cap in her.
Speaker 4: Didn't she stab her?
Speaker 6: I believe she busted a knife caps.
Speaker 1: No, she came up and said, may I interest you in a knife cap? And then she stabbed her. It was very confusing. She's like, oh, that's the last thing. Oh, here is that bad?
Speaker 4: I thought you were inviting me to your bachelor bad.
Speaker 5: God damn it.
Speaker 1: Oh it's terrific.
Speaker 4: It was a woman.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw David in the street for a moment coming up.
Speaker 10: Brea, Yeah, he'll be here, Yeah, he will be This actually could turn into one of those like it's like we're waiting for Geto situation where we're waiting for somebody and they might not come.
Speaker 4: It's a twist on our classic version.
Speaker 6: Or waiting for Guffmann, waiting for anyone, just waiting. I think he will eventually come in, but I'm afraid it's gonna be close stars and he's just going to be here for half the episode.
Speaker 1: We've done that before.
Speaker 4: I think it's fine.
Speaker 6: I like it when you and I riff and then all of a sudden someone jumps in and wait, let them take the reins.
Speaker 7: That's the fun times. The time, because you know, don't you mock me. We only have each other, right.
Speaker 1: Now, that's the fun times.
Speaker 7: Sometimes when we just talk for a long time, I like to start new phrases like that's the fun times.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I don't know the difference between a new phrase and a word I've said my whole life, because the sound of my voice just sounds.
Speaker 1: Like the droning of an alien. Because we're all just we're all just weird. We're all just animals.
Speaker 4: We're all super weirdos.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, we're all.
Speaker 6: Just animals breathing out the sounds of you know, consonants and now, yeah, that's right, I wonder those really but an invention.
Speaker 5: I had to this.
Speaker 4: I just thought of that.
Speaker 7: All that, all that feeling reminded me of how I brought my albums to the Eugene Mormon.
Speaker 4: Comedy Festival that I did this past weekend.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, because I thought, oh, that's a good idea, you should bring your merch.
Speaker 4: I never bring merch anywhere. I never try.
Speaker 7: To do anything with them because I find it so shaming. And so I did it, and I think I only sold three and two of them I sold to people that are friends some points.
Speaker 6: And the one you gave to Wyatt's anat I did, and and he you went back in the green room you told me.
Speaker 1: And he had left.
Speaker 4: He forgot it there, and he forgot it.
Speaker 1: I think we both decided he simply forgot it.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm choosing to decide he forgot it, because.
Speaker 1: What kind of a crazy person would say, can you also sign it? Which was you were flattered?
Speaker 6: Of course, of course, and then on purpose go fuck, finally she's gone, I can.
Speaker 1: Leave this here.
Speaker 4: Well, how you know what it is?
Speaker 7: The idea of that of a person that would go to those lengths just to make me feel good about the fact that he has my record. That's what was the the concept of that of like, am I so out of touch that I.
Speaker 4: Just made a person?
Speaker 1: I know? He's not He's not here.
Speaker 4: Oh, Chris is going to get into a text fight with David Hensberger.
Speaker 7: This might be like a really hot button kind of a Fox News style arguing episode.
Speaker 4: Is that him with the tank top?
Speaker 1: No? Sorry, I'm I don't want to make you sing again.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sing anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure why. I guess he just went inside.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, does he not understand what we find.
Speaker 1: I guess he didn't see Do I like to get out? I mean we're all hooked up, so I can't really well.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, just text him and say come down to the corner.
Speaker 6: I did, and and he just said, I'm at my I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: I don't know where Bever Melrose are. Okay, I'll just drive in the street and hunk. I guess it.
Speaker 6: Is confusing when but things can be confusing on both ends.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's nothing.
Speaker 7: We've had nothing but confusion today, and like the great pan sexual Americans that we are, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Make it through.
Speaker 1: I guess, hey, David, there he is.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I thought he was. Yeah, sorry, I thought you would know.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry, in the street, David Hansberger is now in the car.
Speaker 1: He's not wearing shoes.
Speaker 5: I'm wearing cave people shoes' Is that what you call bear feet? I have a flip flops on.
Speaker 1: Oh you are okay? Are they transparent? Got it really looked like you had bare feet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry about that. You just walked down the street.
Speaker 5: I didn't shoot. I was really close to you, guys, I was. I walked nearly right to you.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know why I felt. I just thought you would see us if the lights weren't on. Sorry about that, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I should know my neighborhood. I was going on up and down the streets in my head and thinking Gilbert, where would that be? And then I was moderately impressed with myself that how well I knew the streets in the neighborhood, and then so disappointed to find out that Gilbert is the closest street.
Speaker 1: Tav Oh, yeah, I thought.
Speaker 6: I basically thought we were in front of your house. I saw your park in the Millennia.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. It's my car for a brief period and sold it to David when we lived together on Stoner. But everyone gets the wrong impression, right.
Speaker 5: Stone do yeah, Stone Raft, They make their jokes.
Speaker 4: But did you guys not party? Were you straight edge?
Speaker 1: Stoner?
Speaker 5: Straight edge?
Speaker 1: Is he invented the sixteen?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He wasn't a stoner at all?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you know this? I just looked it up. La He's an La man something. Stone.
Speaker 4: It really sounds like you're making this up.
Speaker 1: I absolutely am not.
Speaker 5: You know, there are Router the pastor you know the name of our Wi Fi network. Take it because we lived on Stoner, I named the network hash Pipe. But then that it's really hard to change that. So now wherever that router goes, it's just hash Pipe. And so like my girlfriend's parents come over and what's the Wi Fi?
Speaker 1: Oh it still is still hash Pipe. Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 6: Can you just convince them that you really like that one horrible Wheezer song?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just play it on loop. It's good part of the package. Yeah, it comes with the router. Yeah, and they are not amused. And and it's such a stupid backstory as to why it's named that, and there's no payoff, right, I get it. Stoner and hash Pipe.
Speaker 6: I hate when there's something that you have to constantly explain to people and you know that the story goes nowhere, but they demand to know the story.
Speaker 5: And there's no better way to get people to tell a story, or to make you tell a story, is to go you know, it's it's nothing. You don't want to hear it? No, no, no, what is it?
Speaker 4: I gotta know.
Speaker 5: Now now you've you've sold it. No way whatsoever. I can't possibly go up without knowing this.
Speaker 1: It's really actually it's a horrible story. I don't want to tell it.
Speaker 5: Tell you consider me buying this catchup popsicle from.
Speaker 1: You, sir. This story is going to put you to sleep or make you angry.
Speaker 5: If you don't tell me.
Speaker 1: God, Okay, here's the story.
Speaker 7: That happens because I aimed my dog George, and people will go because it's a girl dog.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, oh what what?
Speaker 7: And then I'm like, her name is George Lopez And then they go, why why did you name her George Lopez?
Speaker 1: My name or George Lopez.
Speaker 4: It's just dumb. It's exactly what we're talking about, and I just end up walking away. Most of the time.
Speaker 1: I had for a while with some friends.
Speaker 6: We'd start feeding some cats and they were named car and truck, and everyone really want and so I actually made up a story that I found one in a car.
Speaker 1: And one in a truck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no room for irreverent whimsy.
Speaker 6: Now, David, you have a very popular podcast called Professor blast Off.
Speaker 1: Yes, Professor last Off. If I could say, it's.
Speaker 6: This is different, right, You're talking the back of our heads, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 5: Well, I get a I get a little bit of Karen. She she turns.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she pivots the same. But every time I do that, it's risking all of our lives.
Speaker 5: It's slightly more dangerous. Yeah, but our format's exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sit behind.
Speaker 5: Right, it's a disembodied sort of head that you talk to on ours. Elsewise it's exactly the same.
Speaker 1: You still have that head and a jar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that's the money maker. Yeah, excuse me, speak to the head. Please don't look at me.
Speaker 1: With us always is Whialt Disney's Frozen Head. Thank you for joining us. How'd you get an animation?
Speaker 4: It's not a very good story.
Speaker 5: Oh I have to hear this.
Speaker 6: Anything Disembodied Frozen Head says it's interesting.
Speaker 1: No, no really, I just it was on a whim. I just started doing flip books.
Speaker 6: Oh, tell us more, that's the story you actually, David are.
Speaker 1: He's undertaking quite the undertaking.
Speaker 4: He's overtaking and undertaking.
Speaker 6: He's doing the animated comedy special done by several artists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not.
Speaker 5: It's because the thing on the it says, like you know, animated comedy spot. It's not like just animation. It's stand up and animation. So that's like it, And eventually there'll be a DVD that'll have like three versions you can watch. You can watch just me to stand up. You can watch it with this screen that plays animation that happens at the same time, or and or just the animation, which I think would be the best way to watch it. I Oh, I mean so no, I mean I've never really explained it. I don't like giving that much away about it.
Speaker 4: Just keep the mystery.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I like the Simpsons, like you were gonna be animated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's not that. That's part of the reason I guess to not give much away, as people will create versions in their head that are way cooler than it's probably gonna be. Yeah, so I wanna keep a little bit of I don't know, not uncertainty.
Speaker 1: But it's just mystery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know me and mystery. I like it.
Speaker 1: You're like a regular Angela Lansbury.
Speaker 5: That's true. My life is narrated and heavily influenced by a typewriter, and I'm prone to cardigans. You are.
Speaker 1: You are prone to many old timey things.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 7: I heard the story that you can make shoes, that you once made a pair of moccasins that looked store bought.
Speaker 6: Is there anything oh yeah, yeah, anything leather working that you need called David Huntsburg.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And when I moved into my last house, not the one i'm at here that's right next to Gilbert, that I did not know, I lived like two blocks away from a you know, a cobbler basically this uh, I believe he's Honduran. He might have been from Mexico. There's a mix in the in the shop. But I'd go in there and bring him pizzas and just shoot the ship and like speak Spanish and chit chat. And they taught me how to like actually make shoes in a more like substantial way. So two of the pairs of shoes I have now, I didn't make them, but I took them all apart and then rebuilt them.
Speaker 1: Wait, when what's this?
Speaker 5: This was like a year ago?
Speaker 1: Oh this is after me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, this is living. But would you.
Speaker 4: Start getting into that?
Speaker 7: So basically you've got you've refined it, but like you've been doing it for a while.
Speaker 5: Horses started with you putting shoes on horses feet and then just worked my.
Speaker 7: Face horse moccasins, didn't you used to didn't you horses?
Speaker 5: He used to show the horses. You're correct, Christopher, when I.
Speaker 4: Was working on horses.
Speaker 11: Next wasn't my own, right, But I I also like the idea that making people's shoes is directly related to horses, which is couldn't be more different.
Speaker 6: It's the next logical step. What are you gonna make little booties for cats?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Progression, you get that one clump, you'd master it, move up to three four than five ideally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, I would love a pair of shoes that were just little tiny horseshoes under each toe.
Speaker 7: That's it's kind of like individual tap shoes tapping for you. You'd be the best taped answer ever individual toe tapping.
Speaker 6: You just twinkle your toes and then we'll and be like a rat tat tat and everyone would love it.
Speaker 1: People would line up for miles, it really would.
Speaker 5: I wanted to do, you know, because horses hoofs are basically carraten the same things that make our fingernails, and it's just a reinforcing of them so that they can tap basically without cracking it. So I want to make something that's the equivalent, but just for our fingernails. Like a small metal kind of sliver that you glue on, you'd have unstoppable fingernails. You'd no longer crack that.
Speaker 6: So what you're saying is you think that we are a poor design by our Lord and Savior.
Speaker 5: Oh it brought it right in.
Speaker 1: There is there an envelope? Watch me push it?
Speaker 5: Dude, you really push boundaries as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like you're saying to David, how dare you think that it fingernails should be improved?
Speaker 1: M have you ever? Yeah?
Speaker 6: There, Well, there's that movie The Mosquito Coast and that Harrison Ford's character was like, the body's a horrible design.
Speaker 1: We don't have enough fur, we have no claws.
Speaker 6: It was just like because he's kind of a pampas inventor guy that thought he could do a better job at designing humans.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, e was the original horse had three toes. I believe his name was. There's a little guy. I won't call him equists or like Quissy.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you're not talking about the play though, right where the kid stabs out the horses eyes.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about the little homie Quissy, the original horse.
Speaker 6: They you didn't have any friends, No, it sucks to me this one.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's stupid ears, really ridiculous looking, ugly tale caton. Yeah, dumb toes, no booties to speak of.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, where are you coming from? When you were at Lax and we weren't there?
Speaker 5: I was, I was in I had I don't think i've It's been a while since I've done this, but I'm not sure I have done it. I did a I've had a flight Friday, a flight Saturday, and a flight tonight. So I went to Denver, Phoenix and then here, And.
Speaker 1: Could you stop in any of those places and do anything? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did some comedy in Denver Stride.
Speaker 6: I love he I think speed walking, but it looks like he's never done it before.
Speaker 12: In is he's speed walking with a later orange fantastic and really making a solid effort to drink from it well, and also looked like.
Speaker 4: He was doing a character.
Speaker 6: The guy that was I think that that guy was just maybe one of the best comics we've ever known.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So did you have three separate gigs?
Speaker 5: I only had one gig in Denver and then went to visit a friend of mine in Phoenix, and then we went to the professional football game.
Speaker 6: Oh you went to the professional football match American football?
Speaker 1: Are we talking English soccer?
Speaker 5: We're talking American football. The indoor hunts and who it was indoors today?
Speaker 1: And who were the sporting organizations?
Speaker 5: These organizations were represented by the municipal I can't think of the other word that goes behind the municipalities of Phoenix, more so Arizona and San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's where we're from.
Speaker 6: Hey, and that's where they put their mac down.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for taking Well. How was it? How was the game?
Speaker 5: Oh? It wasn't It was fun. Our seats were good in the stadium that the roof was closed, so it's nice and air conditioned and what was otherwise a furnace. Yeah, but the game itself was it wasn't that exciting.
Speaker 6: I don't get that. I enjoy football, not as much as you. You know, when we lived together, I didn't watch much.
Speaker 1: Of it, but live I don't.
Speaker 6: It doesn't get any more exciting for me. But you know what does baseball? I enjoy live baseball game, Karen. You ever been to a baseball.
Speaker 4: Game, Chris, I have. I do also enjoy baseball.
Speaker 1: Baseball is great, it's fun, I love.
Speaker 4: It, and it's also like it's a fun chill out. I think it's a great spectator sport.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it goes kind of slow, Yeah, but then.
Speaker 4: There's exciting points.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Green it's really beautiful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot of downtime where you can just have your conversation with your.
Speaker 4: Neighbor and you get all the peanuts that you need.
Speaker 1: They just throw peanuts right at you.
Speaker 5: Anytime you want peanuts, you're gonna get them. Yeah, and you get the pleasure of unshelling them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 6: I hate it when they're warm. I love it when they're warm. I don't hate it when they're warm. I love it when they're warm, and I love it when they're roasted. And I love it when I have to do the shelling.
Speaker 5: What does a shell peanut make you think of? Quick? That's not quick.
Speaker 7: Sam's Sam'stown casino on the way to Tahoe, which was a huge I can't even explain it.
Speaker 4: We went to Tahoe when I.
Speaker 7: Was eight and this casino was on the way and it was like this huge place that had the biggest arcade I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: It almost looked like an airplane hanger size arcade.
Speaker 5: You never forget that.
Speaker 4: Amazing, like mind blowing as a kid.
Speaker 7: And they had the restaurant area had sawdust on the floor and peanut shells on the floor.
Speaker 4: So it was like I walked in, like, oh, you can just do whatever the you want in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Tanano's where I live in Venice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a combination of wood shavings and peanut shells.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and popcorn too. They let popcorn fall on the floor.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You could just see popcorn, throw it out your face and have half of it bounce off and land on the floor and no one, no harm, no foul.
Speaker 5: Someone established that aesthetic as meaning anything goes and everyone subscribed to it, and there's no way to distance yourself. Like it's impossible now to walk into a place that's like that and not be like, oh, they have fun here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Isn't that kind of mean you're drunk and you're just throwing stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's kind of like I like that about animation, where you know, someone shakes up a soda and explodes everywhere. There's a part of you, especially as you get older, that's like, oh god, it's gonna clean that up and then it's just never readdressed. The next time you see it, the rooms right back to how it was, like, oh that's great. And I feel that same way about peanut shells on the floor. It's just this kind of kid like impulse to be who gives a shit? I want to throw this on the floor. I don't care who cleans it up. Yeah, or if it ever gets cleaned.
Speaker 4: Up, who cares? What if they grind grind it into the floor.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I don't need to brag. And of course it was the first.
Speaker 6: Thing I thought of, but you know, I don't want to again brag. But I was the voice of some peanuts on a recent Skippy Peanut Butter Campaign's right, and so the shell pops open. There's two guys in there that live together, and based on their attitudes, some of the peanuts are arguing and saying, I'm not having a good time on this conveyor belt.
Speaker 1: Why they get discarded?
Speaker 6: But the ones that are having a great time and have positive energy and a party type vibe, they well, they get a move on and get murdered.
Speaker 1: And turn to peanut butter.
Speaker 6: They are in the right to get squashed and so I went in and did some voices, but it sounds like maybe they didn't use my voice.
Speaker 1: So but you know, so it's it's.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope that casting your record never works again, right, Yeah, they heard your voice and didn't attach it immediately to a conveyorblet, peanut idiot, and that's they don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I didn't sound youthful enough.
Speaker 4: I don't know what did you hear how your voice went or alone.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I sound like a fifteen year old.
Speaker 5: Just as an impartial listener who's behind you and cannot see your face, I would easily be convinced that I'm being driven around by a peanut right now, and I'm not certain that I'm not.
Speaker 4: You'll never be able to prove.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no one can convince.
Speaker 4: Me there's a positive peanut driving this. Hana feeling well.
Speaker 1: I hope that. I hope they end up using me.
Speaker 6: But I called and said, hey, when am I getting these sweet sweet peanut residual checks.
Speaker 1: She said, well, you would have heard something by now if we're using you.
Speaker 5: I was like, what I want to I want to come over to a house party and then lean over to my guest and go. This is all peanut money.
Speaker 1: Ah oh, I say.
Speaker 4: That coffee table peanuts.
Speaker 1: He literally is working for peanuts.
Speaker 5: Can we throw shells on the floor?
Speaker 1: That's the irony. He actually is very angry.
Speaker 4: He'll sue you if you throw peanuts.
Speaker 1: He's got an allergy. He does not even want peanuts in the room. That's the most interesting part.
Speaker 5: And please refer to them as legobs from now.
Speaker 4: He's gonna go to a party where there's only whispering.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a really fun party. Don't don't upset him. He's got a migraine and he hates peanuts. And he he comes out, he's gonna hit us all again, just pretended dance. Don't turn on the music. Oh god, himself scared.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, how's everyone do it?
Speaker 1: Oh god, somewhere somebody he's.
Speaker 5: Coming over to my party while I was still asleep.
Speaker 1: Wait are you being me? Why wouldn't I play me? Because yeah, right right, just being the part.
Speaker 4: Don't get to be every person at the peanut party.
Speaker 5: Pro scene pro sine.
Speaker 1: It's kind of fun to hear your impression of me.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that, guys. I'm all over the place today. I've kind of gotten in my own head with all this peanut money.
Speaker 1: Hey, I wouldn't get in my own head.
Speaker 4: Rather, we'll see.
Speaker 5: I interested anyone in some jars of my own urine.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's not something I would ever. I mean, you've gone mad.
Speaker 5: Let's hope you never see that peanut money. Not my good look of it.
Speaker 6: This was like looking into a mirror of the future. I hope I don't get that money. That's right, I become some eccentric who serves piss.
Speaker 5: But that's really nice furniture.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're like your mind, You're like, oh, yeah, that money is going to change my life and for the better.
Speaker 4: And it's no jars.
Speaker 5: And yet everyone still knows she was a very gracious host.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, as long as you whisper. As long as you whisper, I won't for it.
Speaker 4: Do we keep coming here to ignore those jars.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great word on the street. As those used to be jars of peanut. He hates it so much that he pissed in it, and he got so upset.
Speaker 5: The only thing to get the smell of peanuts out of a jar is urine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's common knowledge. Not to break from the scene.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, we should talk about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, what it is is there's a chemical in urine called ureea. It's the same thing that dissipates a sting of a jellyfish or let's say some athletes foot if he'd give her that it was.
Speaker 6: It wasn't on the news. It was on the fake news on Saturday Night Live. But the real part of the news segment before whatever hilarious joke they said, was that's a rumor that urinating actually on a jellyfish sting increases the pain a little bit. Ah, it doesn't. That meat tenderizer though, still good.
Speaker 4: Would they be talking about that on certain.
Speaker 6: Line because the joke was then uh boy, it's uh the other Oh, I don't remember it was. I think the joke was the other news that came in is don't get stung by a jellyfish or whenever.
Speaker 1: It was just like a joke like that.
Speaker 4: That wasn't on TV.
Speaker 1: I promise it was on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 5: You say it and then you stare into the camera with dead eyes, and that's hilarious, and.
Speaker 4: You start to crack up a little bit. Yeah yeah, next you cracks up a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's what they did the whole time, and they just riddled it with cameos from people over the past several seasons because Andy Samberg was the guest.
Speaker 1: You know, it's.
Speaker 6: Already depressing when you're home on a Saturday night and you know that other people are at some high octane dance club having sex in the shadows and.
Speaker 1: You're at home and.
Speaker 6: It's like, ah, this is kind of lame, and then watching s ANALOGI just brings you to full blown depression. Yes, because it it's it's bad.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like you're it's like an alcoholic family where you have to hang in and pretend like it's great and everything's going well when actually it's super terrible.
Speaker 5: It's nice to hear this because I feel so so often that any sort of negativity toward anything really is met with a certain amount of disdain, particularly SNL.
Speaker 6: With SNL because there is you know, if you watch an old episode, turns out I was never a fan of it.
Speaker 5: That's a stretch though. No way, There's been some pretty great sketches.
Speaker 1: And there were some good sketches on this episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I would say that, like you can watch any any season of the last ten years. Any really even almost any episode, and for the most part there's there's gonna be a sketchy at least makes you chuckle.
Speaker 4: Kristen Wig did great work.
Speaker 6: She was on last night. Yeah, she she had cameos a lot of people when.
Speaker 7: She came on and did the when they did the Lawrence felt sketch and she was the girl that had a small hand. I lost my mind. My sister said, it's the hardest she ever saw me lot.
Speaker 4: I lost my mind. It's the funniest.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of feral cats in your Is that just a little dog?
Speaker 5: People put out food for him sometimes too. They used to fight like cats and cats in our backyard, so loud, just screaming and yelling, and then one of them established dominance and or killed the other ones. And it's nice and quiet.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, and keep it quiet whatever it takes.
Speaker 1: Whatever it takes. I don't care of blood is shed.
Speaker 4: I don't care if cat blood shaking.
Speaker 1: Of shed cat blood.
Speaker 6: David, I know that you saw my post, but I I had to put down the cat that you once lived with.
Speaker 1: I hope this is oh.
Speaker 5: I know, no, I did I sent you a text. I know my condolences and I and that that picture you attached to it was very sweet.
Speaker 6: It wasn't sweet. That wasn't old. That was back when. But we found out why he peed on everything? If there was a really it was pain? Uh when cats? Yes, yes, he's trying to pee on his own jellyfish wound that happened to be in his The jellyfish have gotten him in the bladder. So it's a really a no unknow win situation. No, this is serious when cats, because a lot of cats, when they're sick or have a kidney or bladder issue, which apparently my cat did for years, wherever they pee and there is they feel pain. They they associate that with the place they always pee. So if it's a litter box and they have a bladder infection, they're like, well, I'm not gonna pee there anymore.
Speaker 5: How about over here laundry?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, So he peed on like David had folded done his laundry, folded it, it was nicely stacked in it, and my cat came along.
Speaker 1: Of all the plays to pee, He's like, well.
Speaker 6: Maybe this one won't hurt my dick, and he peen on all of his clean clothes.
Speaker 5: The worst one was, Uh, I had done laundry and I hadn't folded it. I'd just thrown it on my bed. And I left for like three days to go to my grandpa's and I came home and uh, you know, like I was just tired and like, oh man, I'm gonna have a nice nap and get my own bed. And I opened the door and met with that smell of oh that's not good. And he had pissed and shit on my laundry and he was laying in it. And then he woke up and just kind of looked at me like you're home.
Speaker 4: No shame.
Speaker 1: He totally forgot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's like, oh hey, you need to get in here.
Speaker 6: Well he was really doing that at my dad's and the guy was like, oh, that's because he's it hurts twenty peas, so that's when they pee everywhere because of pain.
Speaker 1: It's just a reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah. That sucks though that he had like an uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Well, it would have gotten worse. That's why.
Speaker 6: It's like one of those situations where it's just like but I don't know if I would go through the I don't know if anyone's ever put down an animal and we have sad moments on the show.
Speaker 1: Here comes one we celebrate that.
Speaker 6: I was my dad and I were like, well, we should go there together and be part of the putting down process.
Speaker 1: Which I do not recommend to anyone.
Speaker 6: It was horrifying because you're holding the cat and they inject him and he just slow. He doesn't really go to I thought he'd get groggy and lay down in the fetal position, but he just kind of sprawled out with his eyes open and its tongue out. It was horrifying, and I'm like, well, that gives me no closure.
Speaker 1: It just makes me feel horrible.
Speaker 6: So just a recommendation out to everyone, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Just drop them off.
Speaker 6: You stand again nothing by being there for the experience except for some cat nightmares. Right now, there's not a dry eye in this car. I really just got to everyone.
Speaker 7: You know what it made me think of as I had a cat that we adopted her and she was kind of old, and then she just got super old and rickety and really skinny, and then we found out she had some kind of a tumor, and so they said, we'll keep an eye on her, but you should bring her back in like two weeks and if you know, like, if she hasn't died by then we should put her to sleep. And uh so we left for the day to go to the movies, like say, a week later, and when we came back, I opened the tell of the TV room door and she had would it look like so she had died, But it looked like she had tried to jump off the couch and her claws got caught in the what like her front claws got caught in the couch, So she was upside down like hanging off the couch with a look on her face like oh my god. And but she was frozen that way dead and so I was.
Speaker 5: So it was kind of a hang in there kitty posted it was. It was a.
Speaker 7: It was the worst case scenario, hanging their kiddy.
Speaker 5: I've tried to scribble a will for you jerks many times and no one's listening. So I've taken it in my own claws.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna die, and I'm gonna make this awful for you awful. I actually walked in and just immediately walked back out. I was just like, oh no, that's bad. It was, but it actually makes me laugh though in a little in a way, because it's all I mean, it's just sad.
Speaker 4: It's sad no matter what.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 6: I have enough of a sense of humor, and it would be nice to have him around, uh that. I think a lot of taxidermists just won't do domesticated animals.
Speaker 1: But it would be nice to have your.
Speaker 6: Cat stuffed and just have him on the mantle, like fighting a rainbow trouse or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 6: In a really regal or bigger animal than him.
Speaker 4: M Yeah, killing a bear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'd be gret that'd beg grit into them all soupel patch. I don't know why I going into that pouch answering, warned to doll.
Speaker 1: It's yeah for you, Sydney. That's for Joey's. My cat's name was Sydney.
Speaker 5: You puches euches.
Speaker 1: Okay, hands listening? Did you need a ride down under?
Speaker 5: I like that idea, you know, like all the all the gun laws cannot be changed. Taxidermy has these ridiculous laws surrounding it. You can't transport across state lines, you can't buy it in certain capacities. Yeah. Yeah, taxidermy is really hard to get your hands on. They really limited it in a in an effort to sort of you have You can't just like bring an animal in. It has to have been a tagged animal, so they won't like taxidermy just say like you find roadkill or something. It's just kind of.
Speaker 4: A how do you know all that?
Speaker 5: I don't forget what I read about it, And it's the same thing of like, brass knuckles are a felony charge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: So if you have brass knuckles that could shoot a little projectile, you could buy them and be fine. But if they're just brass knuckles, you're in big trouble.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Oh, I see I'm parked in front of this guy's driveway now. But he has a light to let people know when people are blocking his driveway so he can come out with his brass knuckle gun.
Speaker 1: Oh that's silly. My Uh.
Speaker 6: When I was in shop class, I made brass knuckles out of uh aluminum and had them. They were an attachment to a mace can, so you could mace people while punching them. I know that's sound that each episode has to have a little violence, and if you know, if it's just a story about me as a young person, then so be it. I'm gonna quit driving around David's neighborhood because we've been open about the fact that we didn't pick him up at Lax, So I realized, why waste gas?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I do. You'll need to ride around my neighborhood. Well, yeah, it's been nice to just get.
Speaker 6: Looking at for the reasons you can learn the goddamn cross.
Speaker 7: See Barlatino, which was that bar that was kind of on the side.
Speaker 1: Street there, It's called Barlatino.
Speaker 7: It was called Barlatino, and it literally was down. It looked like down, like a little alley. I've never seen it before.
Speaker 5: I wish that was a celebrity. Barlatino in the news today's name. Yeah, she's feisty. Yeah, Barlatino gets she mixes it up.
Speaker 7: She's she's a Victoria's Secret model. But then she's also an MMA fighters.
Speaker 1: Called yeah, yeah, mixed martial arts.
Speaker 5: You don't see a lot of cross disciplines like that.
Speaker 4: No, we should.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: They make money.
Speaker 1: I think we need it.
Speaker 6: America is ready for a Victoria Secret model with just old English tattoo letters on.
Speaker 1: Her lower back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a bruiser, yeah, swollen knuckles and a neck tat.
Speaker 5: Your next angel walking down the cat is also a competitive bass fisher.
Speaker 1: She's no angel. If you're a rainbow trout, give it up for bar Latino. Oh that's terrific.
Speaker 5: I wonder what images people have in their heads right now of bar Latino.
Speaker 4: I just thought of her as a calf roper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, definitely she she's gotta struck to her.
Speaker 4: She's a little shorter than the other angels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oddly pigeon toed, and people find it sexy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, our attraction it's gonna come. That's a UFO Yeah, sure.
Speaker 5: Couldn't be more of a plane standard plane.
Speaker 1: So low. Oh that's a helicopter. You're all wrong. It's a cop copter.
Speaker 5: It is one of those cop copters. Get a lot of them here our old house on Stoner. You guys were all gone, and the cop copter shined the light into the yard and that happens, you know, it's going around. But then it left for about thirty seconds, came back light right in, like right on the back step, and I'm looking through a sliding glass door in the backyard, just kind of like, oh, that's weird. And it came back again three times to the point where I was like, oh shit, there's someone in our yard, Like they are convinced that that's where the person is.
Speaker 6: I wasn't home because no, I was a protector of the house.
Speaker 5: Oh I know, I immediately. Yeah, and the mace, I mean I I that's all I was thinking about. Where's Chris, where's my protector?
Speaker 1: Not to mention this baby, remember this. It seems to be in the closet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's teeth, do some stuff. Yeah, don't get in our backyard.
Speaker 5: Helicopter, Chris, just a helicopter.
Speaker 4: It's a felony.
Speaker 1: I'll fling this up charge you coppers. Ain't taking me alive. I'll toss it in your propellers. And then what did you ever see a shadowy?
Speaker 5: I panicked. I thought that the person had nothing to lose. At that point, they're gonna dive through the glass, take me hostage, and go down swinging. I was like, well that's what I would do. I mean, this person, if they're even remotely reasonable, will kill me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I just left and went back to my room. So you're gonna have to work for it. If you're gonna come.
Speaker 1: Get me, you have to pry me out of my bed spirit to work.
Speaker 4: For it by opening another door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one other door, no lock, minimum robe on the back, you know. Yeah, the real tough. So that hallway is up to nine feet long.
Speaker 6: Good luck getting at me. There's a laundry basket with pissed, riddled towels.
Speaker 1: Then you'll trip over.
Speaker 4: You're gonna slip and catch it. Nope, it's worth it for you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we did it.
Speaker 1: I did it. The cat did it for our protection. Maybe if I just leave these uh, these puddles of.
Speaker 6: You'urineum burglar will slip in it and I can save my human friends that I love.
Speaker 5: He was a noble yeah animal, you know when the sellout native a Mayorrican guides the you know U s troops to his U tribe. Yeah, all those guys.
Speaker 1: She was basically enslaved.
Speaker 6: Not according to any old classic animation I've seen. She did it willingly, and there was a little love between her and Merriweather.
Speaker 5: She made a handsome prophet.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of sail.
Speaker 4: She had such nice outfits after that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's tracking down. That cat's poop was the closest I'll ever get to being like a tracker. Yeah, that's sort of like they went this way.
Speaker 6: You know, he's taking knee and put his finger in it and hold it up to.
Speaker 1: The air and then lick it a little. Yep, this happened today.
Speaker 5: This is yeah, yeah, this is no more than two days ago their own foot.
Speaker 1: Uh that's great. Well God rested, Well, thank you. It was a It was a he was a decent cat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a nice SELLA.
Speaker 6: Well, we podcasted for a while because I thought you were right around the corner.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well you guys are ready to wrap her up and color a night.
Speaker 6: Well, unless you have any closing statements there, maybe some announcement, what do you have coming up?
Speaker 5: I'm going so this the kickstarter is I do have? I didn't mention that. Actually, Like that's what I'm doing for the animation thing, is raising the money through human beings contributing to the Internet. Sure, and then so that goes until the end of September, and then the material itself. I'm like the actual show, we have to like get this specific software to run it and basically work like a VJ. So you like move the animation clips into a timeline in rhythm with like how the jokes are going, and so I'm gonna be practicing that at the Improv in LA on November eighth. Oh cool, yeah, yeah, that'd be pretty fun. I'm doing it at the Neon Venus in LA on October twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Wait, am I doing one of those shows? I think so? I think I am doing on those shows.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, I'm going at first for the.
Speaker 6: First time ever. Turned this might be the first time. And do you need a rite history where the engine isn't running?
Speaker 5: WHOA proud to be a part of it.
Speaker 6: My car was jiggling though, in a in a fashion that made me scared.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 5: Well, one thing about this bunch, we do scare pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: It's easy to get scared.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean no, Chris and I will. I guess we haven't. Well, the cat scared you, yeah, and you left the room. So yeah, I guess we all have pretty minimal thresholds for toughness.
Speaker 1: Do you feel thatiggling?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh that's me.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's that's your leg. You're in nerfs. Are you nervous?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to keep my blood pressure up.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh yeah, I forgot. You have diabetes and gout.
Speaker 4: The King's disease. I completely felt it.
Speaker 7: After all of our our car problems today, I was just like, this is this car is literally going to like fall apart.
Speaker 1: Were you thinking that you had that look on your face? I saw it. Yeah, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is over.
Speaker 1: This is the Sorry. Sorry, David. So you're going to run the show?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Those places and I'll be I'm gonna We're gonna shoot it in Austin November fifteenth, and then prior to that, I'm doing a week of shows in October and New York at The Creek and the Cave the twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: When are you going to be in Austin?
Speaker 5: Austin's November fifteenth?
Speaker 1: I am going to be there also. Hey, I'm doing Velveta Room that night.
Speaker 5: No way, get the cat.
Speaker 1: That's great, isn't that crazy? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Are you doing Friday as well?
Speaker 1: November fourteenth and fifteenth?
Speaker 5: Oh cool? All right, good, I'll be there, all right, Fanta, that's terrific.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's during my little Texas run. That's well, I'll see you in Texas.
Speaker 5: We'll see you in Texas.
Speaker 1: I'll see you before there's room.
Speaker 5: They're only like sixty seats in both, so there's not any reason to fight over which show to go see people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, agree, I think I think it's a great opportunity for you guys to right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this was going so well and we're friends.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's got to end big, exciting. Something's gotta happen.
Speaker 5: Chris, I'm nervous, has the mace knuckles, but I've got those little fingernail clips I've mentioned. I've got some prototypes. I'm not afraid to thrash you with my friend. Yeah. Yeah, my Carraten is locked in. I like that.
Speaker 6: When we think of fighting, we have to bring weapons, so it's not to break a nail.
Speaker 5: When I get to fight, I do not want to break my fingernails.
Speaker 6: That's the same reason I don't throw frisbee. Well, thanks for being on do Ureena? Do you need a ride?
Speaker 1: Do you reanied? Do you redenied?
Speaker 6: Don't be denying Rita but because you need her, don't be denying rita ride.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being on it. Don't deny.
Speaker 5: Oh, we didn't get into the whole thing about that that she's the mother of like all this New Girl comedy that's tongue in cheek and kind of slutty and irreverent.
Speaker 4: We didn't get.
Speaker 6: Where with the subliminal like because it's not good to do that in a Walmart, so I you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh sorry.
Speaker 7: Breeder Water is the one that would wear like a gown and be like my husband.
Speaker 4: Okay, she was like diamonds.
Speaker 5: I believe him if he wasn't so rich. Yeah, those sort of punchlines okay, and eighties dress, yeah all the time. Very Smiley big eyes. Yeah, she's great.
Speaker 6: Oh I don't like Smiley big eyes like in that Sound Garden video.
Speaker 1: You know, I like that at all.
Speaker 5: I like smiley little squinty shifty eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like it. I like my eyes.
Speaker 7: Shifty Smiley big Eyes was my favorite character on Bordwalk Empire last years.
Speaker 1: I never got into that. I never got into that. I should. It's never too late with the internet and all that what have you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, word has that you were out hanging with Smiley big guys. That a true boss. Don't worry about it, not only even those Smiley.
Speaker 6: This has been Boardwalk Empire, the radio program.
Speaker 5: I was with bar Latino all night.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned next week for the Bar Latino episode and now little or Nanny.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I'm glad we grew up in an arab before entertainment was invented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hey, it is deep. Karen. You're right to make that face. That's a lot of thought provoking shit tonight.
Speaker 4: I literally am like in.
Speaker 7: That mindset where if the door opened I would just fall backwards out of the car.
Speaker 6: Right now, Karen's had a long day, we were about to have. That would have been her third time at L a X today.
Speaker 7: So let's wrap it up, all right, your dream guest, Yeah, you're a dream you, guys.
Speaker 5: This is a dream episode.
Speaker 1: It is. It was a good episode. It is, and it was. It lands right now and it will be when we're done.
Speaker 5: I'll second that had a lot of fun. Thanks for driving me around my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course. Sorry we didn't make it to the airport for a more traditional episode.
Speaker 6: But you've been terrific and you've been listening to do you read a husband?
Speaker 5: Day?
Speaker 1: Guys, I got it this time. You've been listening to give Rudner a knife.
Speaker 4: You want to way.
Speaker 2: Back either, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you time and turning on engage.
Speaker 3: Do you want to send you off inside? Do you want to welcome you back home?
Speaker 5: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 4: We scared her? Was it fine now?
Speaker 9: Porn?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride? Do you need ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need
Speaker 1: With Karen and Chriss