Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the first episode of Car Drivers Into Cars, a podcast from iHeartMedia's Ruby Studio, brought to you by eBay Motors. I'm Tony ki Roger, the editor in chief of Car and Driver, and I'm joined by my co host, former editor in chief and current Chief Brand and Content Officer, Eddie Alterman, and together We're Into Cars.
Speaker 2: Each episode of this podcast covers a new car that we think is worthy of your attention. The cars we select may feature a novel design, cutting edge engineering, or something entirely new. We'll cover the stories behind the cars, answering the whys and exploring the whats to bring you into the experience. We'll drive the things and let you listen in, and then we'll sit down with the people who actually made the cars to answer our questions about them. Come along for the ride and you'll hear it all the good, the bad, and the ugly and the way that only Car and Driver delivers.
Speaker 1: On today's episode, we're talking about Lamborghini's Urticon Strado. The Lamborghini Uricon Strato is version of the Uricon supercar that's designed to leave the asphalt and play in the dirt to get an Uricon. To do that, the suspension gets a lyft to increase ground clearance. It rides on special all terrain tires made just for the Strato, and there are a number of other changes that make it playful on unpaved roads. It remains a mid engine beast for the six hundred two horsepower V ten, but unlike other Hurricans, it prioritizes fun over racetrack lap times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a crazy car. We've seen off road versions of sports cars before, so called Safari versions of nine to eleven's actually, you know, dating back to the eighties and the original Parie to car races, those portion nine to fifty threes and nine to fifty nine's and the beautiful Rothman's Livery. I mean, that's what made me want to start smoking, was those Rothman's Livery cars.
Speaker 1: So this is not a new concept. It's coming from an unexpected place. Despite their background in building tractors from the beginning, Elmberginny also as the history of the L two right, they also did some off road stuff, so they know what the importance of being off road and playing off road is all about. But making an Uricon into an off roader was really I mean it's not really an off roader, but like a car that's happy to go onto dirt roads and play like a rally car. Is I mean, at least for me, totally unexpected.
Speaker 2: I blame the Dubai market, but it's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can just throw it into a dirt road and there's no guilt, And it has the fender flares of like a Subaru outback, and it's got some special tires too, which are pretty cool that allow it to do that. And you know, there's not really that much of a trade off on road because the limits of the car are so high. The performance is so great, it's almost impossible to use all that performance of a standard Uricon on the road. So dialing it back just a little bit, you know, you're still driving a lot faster than most cars can go.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tony, is there ever any guilt in this line of work? A dealer of used exotic cars once told me the difference between a Ferrari owner and a Lamborghini owner is that the Ferrari owner will have had a car in mind for ten years. And this is a guy who's paid off his mortgage. Totally responsible citizen takes out his recycling every Sunday and he's plotted in schemed to get this car. He might have to buy a couple Californias to get it, but he's got a plan. Whereas the Lamborghini guy fell into all this dough and visa a Lamborghini the first one you can get, and in eighteen months he's dead, broker in jail. So that's sort of.
Speaker 1: So it feeds a healthy market of lightly used Lamborghinis, I guess exactly.
Speaker 2: So that's the brand differentiation. But I will say, you know, Lamborghini has become very professionalized in the time that Audi has owned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've totally They've come such a long way.
Speaker 2: Ends and the Uricon is really a fully realized lineup. You know, there's four of them. It starts with the Technica, then you've got the Evo Spider, then you have this Strato. I'm going kind of in ascending order of price, and at the top you have the Sto and all except the Strato makes six hundred and thirty one horsepower. The Strato, because of some of the air and take stuff, only makes six hundred and two only. Oh that's funny, funny for my purposes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean the tires also limited to just over one hundred and sixty miles an hour because they're just that's how fast you can go apparently on all terrain tires.
Speaker 2: And these are super cool Alterarin tires. They're bridge stones.
Speaker 1: They weren't that far off. I mean in terms of grip. Most of the oroicons were tests that are one point one g somewhere in there, and this was at point ninety six. So it's not even that much off of that, and that's more grip than you can probably comfortably use on the road. So why do you think they're building this car? Starrato means dirt road, Yeah, right, So why do you think they're building this thing? I guess because it's fun. I mean it also increases the We've often talked about this like the bandwidth of cars. It increases the band with this car, like you can drive it as a daily driver, and the rides better. You've got more ground clearance, you don't have to worry about when you're going in and out of driveways, when you're going you know, in and out of a gas station or something. You don't have to worry about the taking it at just the perfect angle. There's less to worry about with this car, and that makes it a more pleasant car to drive on a daily basis, even though you give up some performance on the top, but that's performance that you're probably just going to use on a racetrack anyway. So as a road car, this is probably the best Oricon. It's funny, it's like this is the craziest one. It looks totally bizarre, you know.
Speaker 2: It looks like a cross between one of those Liberty Walk lambows and like one of the Angry Birds pigs, you know, with those little led lights on the front.
Speaker 1: There's some super u there's some super in there for sure.
Speaker 2: Out back wilderness. Yeah yeah, but in many ways it's the sanest one because roads are terrible in this country. It definitely improves the ride, and like you said, it's kind of a more rugged supercar for this modern world.
Speaker 1: And looks wise, you don't give up anything because it's still an uricon underneath. Sound Wise, you don't give up anything, so the experience is almost exactly the same. You just don't have those really really high limits of grip from the other tires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when are you really use it? When you're ever going to exercise that. There's so much built and capability in these cars and it's just perceived performance. Like, no Lambeau driver is ever going to chuck this thing into a turn and feel the point ninety six geese. They might feel it briefly before the tree arrived, before the tree arived, right yeah, I mean so it's all kind of largely theoretical.
Speaker 1: And it's also the last V ten. It's the last ten on the market. There's no other V tens.
Speaker 2: This is the sendoff naturally aspirated five point two liters V ten. What an awesome thing it is. I mean, man, they're all going away. Everything is turbo charged. Now everything is downsized or electrified, So you lose that linearity of the powertrain, you lose that super high character VT all that intake noise, I know, you lose so much of that, and and the exhaust too, exactly.
Speaker 1: It's special. It feels like the last of something. And the Serrato is kind of Lamborghini's exclamation point on the Uricon brand, like we sort of did this model. It was spectacular, and now we're doing this really silly, crazy thing that turns out works really well on road.
Speaker 2: It's like the best one. Yeah, it's a I mean a decade long run for the Uricon. That's amazing, because supercars sort of age quickly, you know, they have a quick sort of cell by date. But Lamborghini has done a good job of keeping new versions, coming new variants.
Speaker 1: And keeping it relevant, just tweaking the style a little, because I mean, if you see a Lamborghini on the road, I still get a little weak in the knees like that. That's completely like flat body basically. I mean, it's still following the wedge plan from the late sixties early seventies what a supercar looks like, and it still works.
Speaker 2: The Miura, you know, it's still I think the most beautiful supercar of all time, transverse twelve cylinder in the middle of the car, and it's so low and just extreme looking. And then obviously the Kuntash that filed after it. You know, Kuntash meaning holy shit in Italian or thereabouts. And that's what these cars are supposed to do. They're supposed to like grab you by the scruff of the neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you pay attention to Lamborghini's and you certainly pay attention to this one. Yeah, it's a spectacular car. It gets a ton of attention on the road too. And this one's orange. This one's orange and it has stripes on it. Are those strictly necessary? The stripes? Oh yeah, you gotta have the stripes. You gotta have this. It's got a sixty three on the on the hood too, which commemorates the founding year of Lamborghini. It's not a race thing at all, it's just it's.
Speaker 2: Just starting now. I mean, they do get your attention. They've stayed with that sort of angular stealth fighter styling, and I think they've evolved it in a cool way. There's a tremendous amount of visual interest in this car. I don'd love to go look at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go take a look.
Speaker 2: Cool okay, man, I mean look at this thing.
Speaker 1: It's wild. What is this color?
Speaker 2: This color is Aurancio Sampto.
Speaker 1: I think you might be able to get this on a cross track. I don't know. It won't look it won't look like this good. It's got to realize glow to it. But I think this is a cross track call. It's Xanthem orange.
Speaker 2: That cost that's only fourteen thousand dollars Okay, the options on this car are insane. I mean the starting price without destination delivery, which is two seventy three one seven seven on this one, I mean on the Stato this one is three hundred and eighty four thousand, three hundred and ninety four dollars, so over one hundred thousand options and for that you get a whole lot of bullshit. You get okay, you get the delivery. The stripes on the front.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those are painted in, which is pretty nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but is it seventeen thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I mean they probably had the special painteds.
Speaker 2: I mean, the visual impact of this car is undeniable. You've got these big fender flares, you got the LED lights in.
Speaker 1: Front, you have this roof rack when the tires look real knobby, I mean the wheels are I think the wheels are a size down on the regular Uricon. Just to give you a little bit more sidewall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a forty series tire front and back, a bridge stone.
Speaker 1: Dueler yeah to tire I got.
Speaker 2: I mean, the whole impression is sort of like a cop car for Mars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. It does have that vibe too, it doesn't it.
Speaker 2: And look there's a snorkel at the front.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the snorkels borrow from the sto And I guess the story is, you know, the air intakes on the regular oricon are too low, so it might take in too much dirt or gravel or water. The downside is you can't see out the back of this thing, like directly behind you. You can't see out the rear view mirror. Is there a camera or no, there's no car, so you're just on your side view mirrors only. Oh great, Well it's that old Italian race car driver saying, you know what's behind me doesn't matter. That's right.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna catch up with this thing. But I mean, I really have. I'm having a problem with the the stripes for seventeen grand. I don't think they add much to it visually. In fact, I think they make it look a little more kick Carl like.
Speaker 1: And the sixty three. What does that cost Eddie? The sixty three?
Speaker 2: I believe that is seven No, that's yeah, that's seventy seventy four hundreds for that little piece of paint. Additional lights on front twenty six hundred smartphone interface.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they don't get that standard No. Thirty two in basically every car for sale.
Speaker 2: Right, a Nissan Versa.
Speaker 1: Those floor mats in aluminum, fourteen hundred dollars. Okay, that's totally worth it.
Speaker 2: Dark chrome and carbon what is that just dark chrome and carbon dashboard?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it must be yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, the fire extinguis sure. Guess how much that is?
Speaker 1: Two hundred, three hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Nine hundred dollars. You know, I did the Lamborghini factor in there, right, So they take one from the Italian home depot.
Speaker 1: And the Lamborghini sticker on it presumably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then charge ten times you'd pay there. So that's your three hundred and eighty five thousand dollars Lamborghini right there.
Speaker 1: I mean it looks lifted. I mean you can tell the one point seven inches of ride height that this has over the standard car. You can really tell that that's there. Yeah, definitely, But it doesn't detract from the style. It still looks still looks really cool, and it's still ridiculous as low.
Speaker 2: And you know what's kind of cool about these fender additional pieces is they sort of minimize the rear height of the car visually, it just kind of shrinks it all down. And in mid engine cars, that sort of section or area between the tail edge of the door and the rear wheel can look really big.
Speaker 1: Piece and they're going to minimize that there. I think that's what the Aztec designers, So that's what they claimed about the cladding.
Speaker 2: That was for the mid engine as Yes.
Speaker 1: Right of course it almost made it as a production and just Pontiac went out of.
Speaker 2: Business and from the back hotly smokes. I mean, look at this with the exhaust shooting out the back, minimizing the length of the runners.
Speaker 1: If you pop the engine compartment lid, Lamborghini still puts on a show for the engine. Yeah, and it still looks spectacular. It's not blocked by anything. There's no big plastic shroud covering it. You just have the intake runners there, it says Lamborghini.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's fed through the top through that snorkel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The ride height just makes it so that you can drive this car, you know, up a driveway, perfect, you can drive it in snow. This is the four season Lamborghini.
Speaker 2: Car, right, take it anywhere and the vacation.
Speaker 1: I mean the tires, the all season tread powdern it doesn't good, it looks, and they're going to last a lot longer than any other Lamborghini to that's true.
Speaker 2: The only thing is, I mean, how much room is there in the front for not a lot. That's a backpack. Yeah, that's like a notebook. Yeah that's small.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is such a cool concept. I hope Lamborghini puts it on the rest of their cars.
Speaker 2: My little the Eurus is begging, URIs is begging for it right there.
Speaker 1: Off roader needs to be a Strato style off roader, and that additional width really Yeah, they increase the front track and the your track. Yeah, fender flares are always a win.
Speaker 2: I agree, But I'm a chatt of the eighties exactly. Okay, well, let's get.
Speaker 1: In and drive it. Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Oh god, let's squeeze it myself.
Speaker 1: Endo, this.
Speaker 2: Can't fire it up? Yeah? Okay, all right, Tony, can you believe that we're getting paid right now? We're on the breging clock and now we're.
Speaker 1: At the ten best routes where we do many of our vehicle handling value.
Speaker 2: Ready to properly exercise it. Take this thing through the Chubba chetta checkane, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, the world famous, Right, let's do it. Oh yeah, that sounds so sounds pretty good.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Oh my god, dude, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You don't lose much acceleration versus the regular oricon I mean, the engine response is there, is there and around You're like, how is this a supercar?
Speaker 2: And then you get in You're like, oh, okay, that's a supercar. You just have to make sure that we don't get arrested.
Speaker 4: So the handling limits are still high enough for.
Speaker 1: Public road driving. You can still go incredibly fast, but you're still well within the limits of the car.
Speaker 2: It just does not beat you up. And this sort of poses an existential question. Is it really a Lamborghini if it doesn't make you suffer, if.
Speaker 1: There's no abuse to it? Yeah, I mean because the kutash amazing car, beautiful car, important car historically, but it's probably not something you always want to drive. You're probably pretty relieved when you step out of it. And is that bit of pain? I mean, I guess that ours is a pain free Lamborghini. But then people have questioned it's Lamborghini as too.
Speaker 2: It's moving around. Chassis is communicating beautifully with you. The steering is actually you know, look it's not hydraulic assists.
Speaker 1: But it feels good. I mean, but it feels really good. Yeah, I mean, it feels as good as any car on the market today. There's nothing like that engine sound, naturally aspirated V ten engine sound. It's just it's otherworldly. Let's hear it a little bit and it reps to eighty five hundred rpm, all five point two liters of it. Switch it to sport mode and that opens up the exhaust valve, so it's even louder. Oh nice, Okay, So.
Speaker 2: We have three modes strata which means straight right, sport, which is sport.
Speaker 1: And then that dials in addition to making the car a little louder, it dials back the stability control and then puts a more aggressive shifting strategy for the automatic, for the dual fletch automatic. And then you've got rally yes, which is for the dirt. Oh it's okay, we'll save that. That has its own special stability control programming which accounts for, you know, the slipperiness of a gravel road, so you can do some rally stuff. But still have a safety net to catch you before you go flying off.
Speaker 2: I mean the interior is really great in this thing.
Speaker 1: I spacious too, Yeah, like there's tons of foot room. Yeah, this is totally comfortable. It looks great.
Speaker 2: You've got alcantara over everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, beautiful, worst.
Speaker 2: Stitching, it's really cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a hundred. Let's not.
Speaker 2: Anger the locals here.
Speaker 1: Under kilometers already clear, Yeah, of course, totally legal.
Speaker 2: And you know you're sort of tempted to go faster in this thing because of all the ride compliance. You're not really worried about how much it's gonna wreck the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true, and I'm sure that's true on dirt roads. Well, let's find one. This is our street. Yeah, okay, I can't wait to drive. Okay, let's do a swap here. All right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna set it up for your tone, put it in rally mode.
Speaker 1: Excellent, and uh not even gonna turn it off. All right. Well, thanks for giving up the wheel, Eddie.
Speaker 2: Well it was tough to do, but for you anything, it didn't take that much convincing.
Speaker 1: So here you are on a little dirt road off of the ten bus loop. Okay, now, Tonyang. The ride, it's crazy, It's like it's shocking. And also I feel well, I feel a little bit of guilt, but I feel a lot less guilt than if I was driving an Uricon down this road.
Speaker 2: Well, you definitely need the uh, the plastic protective film. There's a good corner up here. It will be sluet sideways. In the grand tradition of rally car driving.
Speaker 1: I we'll see what we can do up here. Oh yeah, yeah, kind of, lets you catch it. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Did these that pothole right in the middle of the cars just it just doesn't care, doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is so amazing. Yeah, they all oil drive just makes like no problem, and the altering tires just work beautifully on this.
Speaker 2: And it just so expands the performance envelope of the con you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wonder how many of the they're making fourteen hundred and ninety nine of these fourteen how many owners will actually drive them on a dirt road with a little bit of anger. I wonder they're missing out if they don't. I know, that's the whole point. Great side slide.
Speaker 2: I mean you were looking through the side windows there to go straight, but it's so for I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just it slides so easily and happily. Oh gently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fortunately there aren't as many corners as we'd like to. Oh, look at the plume of dust coming out. Amazing. Be interesting to see what Lamborghini does to as a follow up to the Hurrican. It's supposed to be coming later this year. Yeah, I mean it'll have some sort of electrification to it, right as in a hybrid, sort of performance hybrid way. But it remains to be seen if it'll look as good, if it'll drive this well.
Speaker 2: This is a real high point for the brand. I think this car lasted so long because it was so good. But yeah, it's time is run out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a nice sendoff. They save the best for last. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Hey did he know that you can sink your Apple Watch to this car?
Speaker 1: No, I don't have an Apple Watch.
Speaker 2: And it'll give you a heart rate information, so if you have a cardiac in farnction, it'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Well, it'll be due to the car. No entirely possible.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this thing just loves to drift so good, so good.
Speaker 1: It wants to go sideways. The steering is really nice. I mean it's it's not exactly a light car. No, it's like.
Speaker 2: Thirty six twenty nine. I think this one is, but sure feels light on its feet.
Speaker 1: And I let to point out that we wait that because Lamborghini will put out these ridiculous dry numbers where like it's like with the car ways on the Moon on the second Tuesday of every month with no fluids in it, and we actually weigh the cars. We fill them up with gas and we weigh them so we know exactly what they weigh, so we could see through their bs. We're back on the asphalt. Now, excellent, I'll take a couple of corners and see what this is like. Cool. Let's just hear that.
Speaker 4: Engine when we're time. Damn so good.
Speaker 1: The revs just built so quickly. The engine is just completely unfazed by this car, Like zero effect on this thing. It's almost like an electric car. But sounds like that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the last of the V tens.
Speaker 1: Long may it run? All right, let's pull over before we get into any trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good. Yeah, we got away with our dignity and our lives.
Speaker 1: That was fun. This is really fun. Great great Cardinally four hundred. Would you buy one? I would buy one.
Speaker 2: Well, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that chopper that we saw was not related to what we did. I hope not.
Speaker 2: After the break, we'll be speaking with Lamborghini's chief technical officer, Reuven Moore. He's the guy who signs off on these cars, and he has a lot of cool things to say about this one. Stay tuned, Welcome back to Car and Drivers into Cars. Now we're sitting down with Lamborghini's chief technical officer, Reuven Moore. Hi, Ruvin, thanks so much for joining us. We want to talk a little bit about the Urkan Strado as a sendoff for this incredible run of V ten powered sports cars. Why did you decide to go with sort of an off road rally inspired version as the last version of Urakan instead of an ultimate high performance car.
Speaker 6: First of all, let me answer in a more let me say, general way. Lamborghini was in the past always surprising the people, and therefore it fits perfectly general approach. But I can also give you a little bit insights about the basic idea of the Huracan Sterrato because it was born really let me say, some years ago the idea. We recognized that the Urus is the most fun to drive on crevel road, how incredible it could be to have cars in these conditions. We were very in love with the old rally era, so also about cars like the Lanchestrados. We were so excited about the outcome that we said, okay, but we have to bring this also to the market. So this was like the idea was born. Now coming finally back to your original question, from my point of view, it's also fitting perfectly as the last version of our fantastic history of let me say of the whole because it's the sense of driving fun, not only on the racetrack and from the pure performance point of view, but driving fun also in the sense of playful character, achievable performance. Still a very fast car, but a very playful car. For my vision, Lumbo is not only about the pure performance. Lumbo is always about driver excitement, driver involvement and the best in glass driving experience.
Speaker 1: Do you foresee a rally or a Strato version becoming a normal thing in either the Urakan successor lineup or in the Rivolto's lineup? I mean, this is this something that Lamborghini wants to continue pursuing in the future.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying that it's for sure never coming this. I would also not exclude I can exclude that it's a part of the standard line up, like performance oriented version, because as I said, it's always a little bit about surprising the people doing something different that the others are not doing. More from the technical point of view, it has to fit also to the character of the basic car. If you have driven it, it's really like a clove that is fitting to you and enables also to have really driving fun, not only the racetrack but also in the mountain road or something. And this is not possible with every car concept.
Speaker 1: Were there any internal fights to get this car made, that's to say, were there any people within the company that could not understand why you would want to make an Urcan into an Urcan s Dorado. No, so unanimous. It was a unanimous everybody got it right after bat for sure.
Speaker 6: If you do it via PowerPoint, sometimes it's hard to transport this kind of message, but we speak about emotions, and emotions you cannot describe on the PowerPoint. But if you bring all the relevant people, marketing colleagues, stakeholder does all the decision. Make us to the car, you can feel it, and therefore everyone was convinced.
Speaker 2: After this experience, I know another member of the group does a similar car, the portion nine to eleven DA car, and I was wondering if there was any sort of cross pollination there between the teams. Did you call on Porsche? It all for any expertise.
Speaker 6: To be honest, it was really one a percent only by chance to pick. The cars were developed more or less at the same time and also presented to the market. I think with the time difference one month or something like this, but this was not blend during the development. There was also not a real exchange. For sure, we're always in contact with the colleagues within the volks One group, exchanging expertise and competence, but regarding the specific application, the specific setup of the car, there was not an exchange because our Straato project was a kind of undercover project. It was not starting with the idea that was coming as a request from the market, because this was a kind of anticipation of something that could be cool. But if you drive both cars, you will confirm that the character of the cars is still different enough.
Speaker 1: Ruven, is there a particular part of the Stato, which you're particularly proud, Like every time you see it, touch it, use it, you're like, wow, yes, I'm so glad that that got in.
Speaker 6: What I really like is that we were able to industrialize our basic idea because there were some challenges regarding the tire. Development did really a super good job to bring a tire on the market that was before simply not available. The car is still fast on a standard track, is still let me say, very easy to control. You have also grip services. That we were able really to transfer the basic idea to the serious production car. This is something I'm super proud because the car is not the show off case like some people might think that I ever driven the car, because the car is much more about additional over fenders or a little bit off style, the off road style and all the things they were coming later. The first thing was really the driveability, the different setup philosophy, the different talk distribution, and all the dynamics that I'm making this car so exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, and our testing. I think it's the only all terrain tire that's even gotten close to a G and they go one hundred and sixty miles an hour.
Speaker 2: So what are you driving every day? Reuven? What is your daily driver? Lamborghini.
Speaker 6: One nice part of my job is that I have a lot of opportunities to drive our of a tastic product. So I'm trying to drive not every day. It's also wrong, but I'm driving a lot of different cars, you know, because for me it's part of my job also to have an understanding about all our product range. So starting from the Urus, but also Steato. The last car I was driving to the airport was a Strato by the way, but also some competitor cars because it's that I have also the personal feeding, the personal touching point about the driveability of our competitors. This is part of being professional and also understanding what is going around.
Speaker 2: How big of a bag could you fit into the Strata?
Speaker 6: It was at least sufficient for my cabin trolley that I needed for this trip to US. And also this was in this case.
Speaker 2: Enough Okay, international travel, it's possible. In the Stererrado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned all the Lamborghini automobiles you've driven, So I've got to ask Mura or Kuntash or you're a Mura person or you a Kuntash person.
Speaker 6: Even if some people now will hate me, but definitively the Coon.
Speaker 1: Touch excellent, that's the answer I would give.
Speaker 6: But to be honest, I mean, since I was born seventy nine, so my favorite automotive that influenced me when I was young is for sure the late eighties early nineties, I have to say. So therefore the coon Touch, but also the Arblow was something that was the poster in my room in my parents' house. So the kon Dutch for instance, probably you know the Hollywood movie Cannonball Run.
Speaker 2: Of course, definitely some.
Speaker 6: Weeks ago I had the opportunity to drive exactly the car of the movie, and this was something that I had really goosebumps because I remember this was the first time I can remember that I was in touch as a child with Lamborghini because it was so cool movie and even today I like a lort. Let me say the opening scene with a black coon doudg. Therefore, I can tell you this is something that I really loved.
Speaker 2: And I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention that Cannonball Run before it was a movie, started as a story in Current Driver. It started as a race across the country. Yeah, Dan Gurney and Brociates in the three sixty five Daytona Ferrari.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is incredible the story, to be honest, it's part of autovotive culture. This is exactly what I'm so fascinating by cars, because cars are generating this kind of let me say, common experience. Even if this is something that makes for my point of view, the automotive culture so exceptional because there are only few pieces of you, let me say, things that are generating this kind of let me say memories. You know you will not probably will not let me say, recognize a fridge or something of the of the eighties. But the cars, I mean, this is always something that you want to have and that stays in your memories.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, what was your first car? You've had some Lamborghini posters on the wall, but what was your first car when you got your driver's license.
Speaker 6: My first car was for sure, far far away from a lump from being a Lamborghini. My very first car was a Ford Escort station wagon super less power or low power car. But I had the opportunity at this time to drive the car of my mom a lot and she had a Pulsue two or five GTI one point nine, and.
Speaker 2: This was for sure sweet at this time.
Speaker 1: And you know I was.
Speaker 6: Born close to the front of France, or in my neighborhood there were a lot of French cars or Renuclio Pugo two or five. Therefore, I was happy that at least during the weekend I was allowed to drive it.
Speaker 2: Love it. That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great car to borrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true, and even today it's a lot of driving fund even if for sure from today purposes it's not as fast, but the Ki is very light, the car is let me say, very adri the Cai is very direct, and it's very houristic compared to today's mainstream cars. Let me formulate it in this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's analogy. You're right. This was great, Thank you, Reuvin.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: That interview was brought to you by Ebaymotors. All the parts you need at the prices you want. Visit ebaymotors dot com for more.
Speaker 1: That's the most fun I've ever had in a Lamborghini, and I've driven every Lamborghini made in the past twenty years. I've driven Murcielago's Gayardo's Uricans eventa doors and the URIs this is the wildest Lamborghini and that makes it the most Lamborghini of the Lamborghinis.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, said Tone. I mean it's as crazy as anything these guys have ever produced, Kuntash included, but it's way more drivable than anything. This nutty has a right to be Hell, I'd buy one. Be sure to tune in next week when we'll be taking a look at the accurate integrat type s and talking with Accura product planner Jonathan Rivers.
Speaker 3: Early on in development had a very ulterior motive to push our development engineers and they started benchmarking the M two and all these cars that have these berbos and crackles, and they're like, this is what people like, and I'm like, yes, give us, give us lots of that.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us for this first episode of Car and Drivers Into Cars. If you enjoyed the show, join us every week for new episodes, and don't forget to rate and review wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: For more on the Lamborghini Uricon Sterrato, visit Car and Driver dot com and be sure to pick up the latest issue of Car and Driver magazine. Car and Drivers Into Cars is a production of Car and Driver in iHeartMedia's Ruby Studio. Our show is hosted by Eddie Alterman and myself, Tony Kiroga. Our executive producer is Matt Romano. Our EP of Post Production is Matt Stillo. Our Supervising producer is Sierra Kaiser. This show was edited by Sierra Spreen special thanks to our location sound recordist Matthew Cisco. Thanks for listening. We'll see you next time.