Speaker 1: This medi podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Randall, Brody, Max Alyssa, Reva.
Speaker 1: Nate, and Corey.
Speaker 2: This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meteater's for verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners.
Speaker 1: Choosing and for the stat of the week.
Speaker 2: This week we're looking at the most common category for question ten. Randall wasn't satisfying that I only looked at our last ten episodes to get that status, So today I present to him a version that looks at our last thirty episodes. During that time, the categories of wildlife, natural history, cooking, and woodsmanship combined to be the final question twenty seven percent of the time, Conservation was thirteen percent of the time, I'm fishing was twenty three percent of the time, and hunting was thirty seven percent of the time. Hunting was the final question four more times than fishing in our last thirty episodes ending this conspiracy that fishing gets more representation as question ten Randal, Well, you.
Speaker 1: Know what they say, perception is reality that you know what they say fake news.
Speaker 3: I think it just means we need to direct our hate or our frustration towards Brody for just being tests right.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been saying.
Speaker 2: Here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a Trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Mediator dot com with the subject line I FAQ. Matt Lappin says, what's the weirdest question someone has sent you? Matt, I would say it's less about like the specifics of what's in the question. It's usually more about how it's delivered or when it's sent. Last night, for example, I got five questions sent during the super Bowl, which makes me wonder, like, what are you doing that you're not in on this like national event of watching the Super Bowl that you're like, I'm going to write an email?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Inspired? Were they all questions about nachos?
Speaker 2: No, it was totally unrelated. It was Uh it's just like not on that person's radar, which is cool. I'm glad that we have those listeners.
Speaker 4: What do you respond with are you watching the No.
Speaker 1: But I should have thought about it.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, the first one came there, and was like, oh, another one, and then another one five people during the Super Bowl. Another thing is I've probably gotten in the history of the Meat Eater Trivia inbox, fifty people who have sent me a fax to the inbox. So then what I get is like a piece of paper that someone wrote on that they then and then they then walked to a fax machine and then sent the facts to the trivia at the meat eater dot com.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's a really special way. It's amazing to send me a question. So that's probably the weirdest question. Were those fifty folks who have sent me faxes?
Speaker 6: We should do a fax only episode one time.
Speaker 2: You find some common in those questions from the people said, there you go, We've already got the branding. Say it again, ran just the facts, just the thing.
Speaker 1: If I knew how to do that, I'd do it all the time. It would be so funny setting a fax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get a fax machine for your office, right, and they'll just fax each other day.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the weirdest question. People sending me faxed questions. All right, we have some housekeeping for today. I want to tell you about an upcoming event. This Friday, Valentine's Day, The Meat Eater Crew is hosting the Grand Slam after Party at the NWTF Convention in Nashville. Me cal Clay and Giannis will be there to celebrate turkeys, and at the party there will be live music in live trivia. The show starts at eight forty five and tickets are on sale now for forty dollars. Come hang with us on the most romantic day of the year and you might just get lucky winning a Raffle prize. God WTF dot org for more details.
Speaker 1: Masterfully done.
Speaker 4: Uh Cliffhanger right there?
Speaker 2: All right, The Shelby and Extra today is a five, so I'm putting us on perfect score a lot. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look.
Speaker 1: I need to know what I stand and win everything.
Speaker 4: How's that? Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 1: Gamon suckers.
Speaker 2: Question one. The topic is conservation. As always, this will be multiple choice. Which of these people does not have a national forest named after them?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Davy Crockett, Annie Oakley, Mark Twain, George Custer, Which of these people does not have a national forest named after them?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Davy Crockett, Annie Oakley, Mark Twain, George.
Speaker 2: Custer, Confident, Randall and Brody quick to answer, Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Who's calling you? Brody? Is it important? Oh? No, not important? Yeah, hang up?
Speaker 2: Which of these people does not have a national forest named after them? Davy Crockett, Annie Oakley, Mark Twain, George Custer. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Nate saying George Custer. Corey says Annie Oakley. Reva says Annie Oakley, Randall, Annie Oakley.
Speaker 1: That's a trick question, dude, Nate's a recent transplant.
Speaker 2: Alyssa, Max and Brody all say Annie Oakley, they got it. The correct answer is Annie Oakley. Tell Nate why he should know that one?
Speaker 6: Because it's like, we're like, how many miles.
Speaker 1: Away eastern Montana?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably what two interre miles? The Davy Crockett National Forest is in Texas, Mark Twain National Forest is in Missouri, and Custern National Forest is in Montana. Although there's no Annie Oakley National Forest, she does have a museum, festival, TV show, and Broadway musical named after her.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the Broadway musical is?
Speaker 1: That's right? Are you familiar with it?
Speaker 4: Though not really?
Speaker 5: What kind of gun is it?
Speaker 1: Phil Winchester model exactly? I actually don't know what it is, so I don't either.
Speaker 2: Question two, the topic is hunting, and this next great question is via Nathan Noble. This monopod company is named after North America's smallest falcon. This monopod company is named after North America's smallest falcon. Room is not quite as confident on question two.
Speaker 5: Are we talking about cameras or guns? Well, the category is hunting, I know, but when you say monopod, I think cameras.
Speaker 6: Some people with a camera spencer.
Speaker 2: This monopod company is named after North America's smallest falcon. I don't see any of our players with an answer. Quiet, Randall, do you have an answer?
Speaker 1: I can think of a company. Okay, Brodie, I got an answer.
Speaker 2: This monopod company is named after North America's smallest falcon.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, I'm just trying to go through birds.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: For North America's smallest falcon. We may have a zero percenter on question two.
Speaker 1: That's disappointing index. Yeah, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 4: Randall?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't like it. Okay, but I have two guesses, and one I know is a company. This monopod company is named after North America's smallest falcon.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up Annie Oakley's guns right now. She had so many guns from all kinds of brands. I'm sure six Hours also one of them.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready, Yeah, I'm not gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Nate saying Mavin. Corey says peregrine, uh Reva says man Fioto, Manfrodo, Manfrodo. Randall says kestrel, Alyssa says red Max without an answer, Brody says kestrel. The correct answer is kestrel. Brody and Randall got that one, right, tongue. The average kestrel is about the size of a mourning dove. Besides being the smallest falcon on the continent, they are also one of the most common and most colorful. The bird goes by many nicknames like the sparrowhawk, killie hawk, grasshopper hawk, and mouser.
Speaker 4: I just think of a wind check thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 4: Explain, you know, the little ballistic wind calculating weather meter like jump coasters will have them or whatever.
Speaker 2: Now, Steve was in here recording vo before this show, and he must have said the word kestrel fifty times. So I'm glad nobody was listening to closely. Did you catch on to that?
Speaker 3: Phil, Yes, spoilers for an upcoming episode of A Hunting History.
Speaker 1: What a coincidence?
Speaker 2: He said, kestrel A whole bunch yep. Question three, The topic is The topic is cooking. The Escafier School of Culinary Arts says this type of knife is ideal for working with small vegetables and his quote basically a mini chef's knife. The Escafier School of Culinary Arts says this type of knife is ideal for working with small vegetables and is basically a mini chef's knife. Our room is very confident on this one. It's everybody ready. Oh, we're waiting on Riva.
Speaker 1: We can give you some time, Riva, give the audience some time as well.
Speaker 2: Sure your other players are watching you. Now, though Riva put a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: I'm staring at the board say that I find myself using this type of knife very often.
Speaker 6: Not what I reach for a lot, you know what.
Speaker 1: I don't either, but I like it. Now I'm wondering if I have it correct or if I'm using the knife that I think I'm using.
Speaker 4: We couldn't find our knives in the move, and I use this exclusively for like the last three months.
Speaker 1: Okay, very familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find this knife to be my sixth finger when I'm in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Reva, do you give up? Okay, I use it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Nate and Corey saying pairing, Reva says Parry Randall, and Alyssa and Max and Brody saying pairing.
Speaker 1: They got it.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is pairing, and the spelling of that is p A R I n G.
Speaker 5: Good thing doesn't count, that's right.
Speaker 2: They say. A pairing knife is great for peeling veggies, removing seeds, deveining shrimp, and trimming meat. Most pairing knives have a blade that's less than three and a half inches long, making them I deal for precise cuts.
Speaker 1: So you guys aren't using paring knives.
Speaker 4: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I just grabbed the old pocket knife.
Speaker 2: True, I use it for everything because I cut myself. Yeah, knives all the time, so that one less.
Speaker 1: Knife to cut yourself on. Yeah, I'm always cooking in my sweatpants, so I don't have a pocket knife.
Speaker 2: Question forward, the topic is wildlife, and this next great question is via Philip Weeder. Hold what nice animal was on American nickels between nineteen thirteen and nineteen thirty eight? What hoofed animal was on American nickels between nineteen thirteen and nineteen thirty eight? Brody and Randall and Nate, We're all confident.
Speaker 1: In their answer. A nickel on a nickel? Oh, nineteen thirteen, I'm thinking nineteen. I'm trying to remember what you call a coin collector. It's a fun word.
Speaker 2: I could google that for you. You think there's a specific name, like a rock hound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not a rock it's like a it's an ologist, a numis a numis maddest. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as met new missmatist numismatist.
Speaker 1: Maybe there you go. Maybe it's a funny word though, That's what I was thinking. That's why I was making that face.
Speaker 2: What hoofed animal was on American nickels between nineteen thirteen nineteen thirty eight.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready because we don't have any nomismatists in the house. No, Max, you like your answer.
Speaker 6: Let me see if you should like your answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Nate and Corey saying bison, Revas Donkey, Randall says buffalo, Alyssa says horse, Max and a Brody say buffalo. The correct answer is bison, were.
Speaker 6: Buffalo talking about African buffalo.
Speaker 2: Those coins are referred to as the Buffalo Nickel. Teddy Roosevelt expressed dissatisfaction with the artistry of American coins in nineteen oh four, which launched a new era for the US mint. The Buffalo nickel was considered one of the most beautiful coins, but also one of the most flawed. The Nichols wore down three times faster than most coins, with the words five cents regularly rubbing off. The Buffalo Nickels stopped production after twenty five.
Speaker 1: Years for that reason. What's on it now?
Speaker 2: Thomas Jefferson and or no.
Speaker 1: The is it the Jefferson Memorial?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure when they do it a coin they're obligated to make it for twenty five years, and they knew pretty quickly the Buffalo nickel was not the forever coin. So as soon as that twenty five years was up, they were done with the Buffalo nicks.
Speaker 4: Sounds like pennies are done for two now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a great super Bowl. To someone else is dissatisfied with the artistry of American.
Speaker 2: That that was a moment where it's like someone writing to the meat eater in box when Donald Trump is tweeting about getting rid of the penny, Like, I know you're at the game, dude. Question five, the topic is fishing. The National Weather Service defines this as quote sustained surface winds of thirty four to forty seven knots. The National Weather Service defines this as sustained service winds of thirty four to forty seven knots. Brody and Randall and Nate all quick to answer. And question five, the topic is fishing.
Speaker 6: You got web service, keep me entertained here.
Speaker 2: Sustained certain of thirty four to forty seven.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a.
Speaker 6: Great answer, but you got time to change it if you Brody, stick with your God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the seat next to Brody is kind of a risky choice next to Brody. I know, I like it. Clearly.
Speaker 5: He doesn't show me his answers, though.
Speaker 6: You want to see my answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, m hm hm did you consider that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, Max and Brody? Oh wow, Brody is going back to his whiteboard. The National Weather Service defines this as sustained surface winds of thirty four to forty seven knots Randall, Do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think so as the captain in the room. A lot of pressure to get this one right. An ex captain, I have an expired license. Let it be known. We'll call you the expired captain.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Nate saying Gail Force. Cory says hurricane. Weava says headwind. Randall says Gail. Alyssa says high tide. Max says straight line wins. Brody says Gail Force. Correct answer is gayl About half of the room got that.
Speaker 1: At least right.
Speaker 5: I put down something that was like, there you go, something closely wind related.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gale wins are between thirty nine and forty six miles per hour. Winds that are forty seven to fifty four miles per hour are severe gales, fifty five to sixty three miles per hour are storm winds, sixty four to seventy two miles per hour are violent storm winds, and above seventy two are hurricane wins. Phil, we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: Oh what do you know? I'll just say it, brilliant, Randall. I mean, I've got a perfect game. They're tied out in first place. Nobody behind them has four points, but Nate, Corey, and Max have three points, Alissa has two and Riva has one.
Speaker 6: How many's Max got three?
Speaker 5: Three better than the last time?
Speaker 4: Phil, checking on your direction?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, Question six, Look, I would love I do cheered. I just love it if you if you want warm, it's hard.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're halfway there.
Speaker 1: Who knows you were sitting in this seat won last time of joy I haven't let you have it back.
Speaker 2: Question six. The topic is natural history. The Organ Trail video game made this nine letter disease famous, which has symptoms like diarrhea, fever, vomiting, weight loss, and stomach cramps.
Speaker 1: Oh, All, right.
Speaker 2: The Organ Trail video game made this nine letter disease famous, which has symptoms like diarrhea, fever, vomiting, weight loss, and stomach cramps.
Speaker 1: Phil, would you get this one right?
Speaker 3: Yes, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised how much Organ Trail did you play in your day?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. So our computers and in my elementary school when we had like library computer time or whatever, when I was seven or eight, we had two games we could play. One was the Oregon Trail.
Speaker 1: Oh, and is the other one Finding Carmen San Diego. No, I did.
Speaker 4: I did say that at home.
Speaker 3: But there was another game called The Incredible Machine. I don't know if anyone played this, but it's basically you you could design your own Rube Goldberg machines on like a two D plane and with all kinds of like little interactive parts and stuff. Okay, And that was always more fun to me than the Organ Trails. I didn't play a.
Speaker 1: Lot of Organ Trailer. Oka.
Speaker 2: Our our singular game, I think was Finding Carmen San Diego, and I would credit that with what I feel like is an above average geography knowledge. The Oregon Trail video game, which has this which excuse me. The Organ Trail video game made this nine letter disease famous, which has symptoms like diarrhea, fever, vomiting, weight loss, and stomach wraps.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to see what this is.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's an incredible answer on multiple levels.
Speaker 2: Okay, Max providing high entertainment to uh Phil and Brody.
Speaker 1: Watching his whiteboard. It's everybody ready, Let's go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and reveal your answers. We have Nate saying dysentery. Corey says listeria, Reva says dysentery, Randall dysentery, alyssa dysentery, Maxwell says measles with a creative spelling. Brody says dysentery. The correct answer is dysentery. About ten percent of those who traveled the real Organ Trail died, with disease being the biggest killer. Virtual pioneers were all too familiar with other causes of video game death, being exhaustion, snake bites, broken bones, drowning, blizzards, and starvation.
Speaker 1: Randall, did you ever play the Organ? Oh? I loved it. You got twenty shots when you're going hunting, remember that the little bullet things, and.
Speaker 2: Well they always they've like changed the game throughout the eras, and so I don't know how long like twenty shells has been.
Speaker 1: And then it would it would just say, you killed eleven hundred pounds of meat, you can only bring two hundred with you. So it's a good wrinkle in the Yeah, good on them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question seven, the topic is conservation. This canal, which was famously blocked by a container ship in twenty twenty one, has given passage to over one hundred non native fish to the Mediterranean Sea. This canal, which was famously blocked by a container ship in twenty twenty one, has given passage to over one hundred non native fish to the Mediterranean Sea.
Speaker 1: What do you got, Randall? Nothing? I mean I got something, but it's just too far afield. Really do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, World Traveler.
Speaker 4: Well that's what I'm saying, dude. I feel like there's so many bones given to Montana residents in this game, because I.
Speaker 6: Feel like you could word this question differently for like every major canal in the world.
Speaker 2: It's great, sure, Yeah, that's that's uh, that's part of media trivia. Over one hundred native fish to the Mediterranean Sea. Do you have this one right, Brody?
Speaker 6: I think so okay, I mean I remember the whole thing. I can pay I can like see your picture.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remember the ship's name. Oh that I do know. It was ever Given, ever Given. That's it.
Speaker 1: But you could be right too.
Speaker 4: I think it had two names. That was confusing.
Speaker 6: Hm hmm, let's go flip them Overfore someone gives this away, Well, I got to google what it was called first.
Speaker 1: It was the Ever Given. Is everybody ready.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Nate saying Sue as Corey without an answer. Reva says Sue Az, Randall and Alissa and Brody say the siue Az Canal. Max says red Sa Canal. The correct answer is.
Speaker 1: The Siuez Canal.
Speaker 2: The siue Az Canal was completed in eighteen sixty nine, connecting the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea. Since then, over four hundred non native marine species have migrated into the Mediterranean via the waterway. Most notable of them is the lionfish, which now has established colonies off the coast of Israel.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and give yourself half a point.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks Brody.
Speaker 2: Question eight the topic is wildlife. And this is our listener question of the week, which was won by Meggie Green for sending this great question. Maggie is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meat Eater dot com. This musician used to host short nature documentaries called Pleasent It Earth. Question eight, topic is wildlife. This musician used to host short nature documentaries called Pleasent It Earth?
Speaker 1: Brody, you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I should hope so?
Speaker 2: Okay, Nate and Randall both have answers as well. Max, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Brody?
Speaker 5: Do I.
Speaker 6: Hey count yourself a winner?
Speaker 2: Max was giving us a review of the halftime show before we turned on the mics. One to ten, Max, how good was the Kendrick Lamar halftime Show? I didn't like it, but I like the beef that was going on.
Speaker 1: But do you like Kendrick? Do you listen to a lot of Kendrick? Kay?
Speaker 5: I don't even know if I can tell you one song?
Speaker 1: It probably wasn't Probably didn't like it.
Speaker 2: So one to ten Max, Uh give it a three?
Speaker 4: I liked it.
Speaker 5: How it was like a real life music video happening the whole entire time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that videography was cool, that that was that is fun.
Speaker 2: That's an experience made for us at home, not the people in the stadium. That's got to be a real bore to watch that happen in front of you. Again, this musician used to host short nature documentaries called Pleasant It Earth.
Speaker 5: But speaking of the super Bowl, I saw this guy on a commercial a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Okay, is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 1: We have Nate saying Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: Corey says, Kendrick lamar Reva, and Randall and Alyssa and Max and Brody say Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: They got it.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is Snoop Dogg or what's his full name?
Speaker 1: Randall Calvin Brotus.
Speaker 2: I think I clearance was in there somewhere, but I think I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I think you're right.
Speaker 4: He's right.
Speaker 2: Snoop would make these unscripted videos for the Jimmy Kimmel Show. Here he is narrating a fight between an otter and crocodile's struggling to identify the otter, take it away?
Speaker 4: What you do with your boy?
Speaker 1: Big snoop dogg Okay, let's look at another animal.
Speaker 3: These are.
Speaker 1: Beavers'll look like, oh my god, that's a crocodile. That's wally gaty. Look how they stand up on They told like, hey, we got to get up out of here. Come on, he got them cornered right now? Oh wow, what they're going?
Speaker 4: Ahead?
Speaker 1: Up wood?
Speaker 4: He the ain't scared of him?
Speaker 1: What is these animals? Give them the ones that eat snake? Son?
Speaker 4: Is the mongooses?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's about twelve of them, cause they didn't back to gata up. I ain't never seen the gator get punked by no mongolses.
Speaker 2: Retreat retreat, Yeah, back up, yeah, leading balls.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love that.
Speaker 2: You can hear the wheel spinning if he says these things are beavers mongooses. Phil, we have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're thinking in the last place. You've got Corey with three points coming out, Next is Reva and then Max is four point Five's got a half point job Max? And how that happens.
Speaker 1: It looks bigger than the rest of ours.
Speaker 3: For actually, Alissa has five Nate has six, and Brody and Randall still have their perfect game with eight points, and Nate is the only one who can catch up. But let's you know, let's set serious room.
Speaker 1: Nine. The topic is cooking.
Speaker 2: Encyclopedia bridge Tanica defines this nine letter Italian word as quote a first course or appetizer in Italian cuisine. Hmmm, we've stumped the room with this one. Encyclopedia Britannica defines this nine letter Italian word as a first course or appetizer in Italian cuisine. Easy, Nate could possibly catch.
Speaker 1: Nate. It's optimistic.
Speaker 4: Freaking Annie is gonna haunt my dreams.
Speaker 1: But you missed two.
Speaker 4: But you guys are all going to miss this, and then I'm the next one won overtime.
Speaker 1: There we go. There's still a path. Huh, it's just not going to come to me.
Speaker 2: Encyclopedia Britannica defines this nine letter Italian word as a first course or appetizer in Italian cuisine.
Speaker 4: You are a cooking question monster, Corey.
Speaker 1: Do you have this one right? Yeah? Okay, Corey and Nate.
Speaker 4: Or we're going down together.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to make up some word, right now, make it Italian answer.
Speaker 1: Your hint is that it's a nine letter Italian.
Speaker 4: Don't look at mine.
Speaker 2: It's not as a first course or appetizer an Italian cuisine.
Speaker 4: I could sing you guys happy birthday in Italian if you wanted.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what I would like that?
Speaker 4: Well, hold on after the question.
Speaker 2: Steve's birthday is on Thursday, and he's Italian. He's got a vowel at the end of his last name. You could come in and sing him Happy Birthday.
Speaker 4: I will be in Salt Lake.
Speaker 1: Damn season, just thought a bit, Spencer.
Speaker 4: I know I should just shut my mouth.
Speaker 2: Randal is squirming. Yes he is Randall, and I had reservations at an Italian restaurant we do today nights, but because of the snowstorm, I couldn't make it through the pass. But had we gone there, maybe Randall would have gotten this one right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mother nature.
Speaker 2: Though all right, TikTok, Yeah, a first course or appetizer Italian?
Speaker 5: Did you look at my answer?
Speaker 4: What's your answer? I had this time?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Nate and Cory saying anti pasta.
Speaker 1: Reva says order.
Speaker 2: Randall says Antipasta Lissa without an answer, Max without an answer, Brody says antipasta. The correct answer is antipasto or antipasti. If you put antipasta, we'll give it to you. Often gets corrupted to that version.
Speaker 1: I just kept thinking of like when you go some Italian restaurants have like primo secundi and they just enumerate them, and I was just stuck in that headspace.
Speaker 3: That's where I was.
Speaker 1: I needed to get on a different menu, so I appreciate that. Oh help.
Speaker 2: Antipasto is the singular version of that word, and antipasti is the plural antipasco. Antipasto can come in the form of cured meats, sausages, olives, anchovies, sardines, fresh fruit, pickled veggies, mushrooms, shellfish, and cheeses. Some examples of antipasto from the medeater dot com include venison, tartar, walleye wings, and pickled gizzards.
Speaker 5: I made tartar yesterday.
Speaker 2: Antipasto, Max, Yeah, that was very good. All right, here's a correct answer review so far. One was antioki two, kestrel three, pairing knife, four, bison five, gale six, dysentery seven Suez Canal eight, Snoop DOGG nine, Antipasto. Going into question ten, we have Randall and Brody tied up with nine correct answers. The topic is hunting, and this question is via Adam Brennan. Give the first name of either man that Pop and Young is named after? Randall, quick to answer, Brody is now backed into a corner. Give the first name of either man that Pope and Young is named after?
Speaker 1: Randall? Do you have this right with certainty?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Could you name both men? Okay?
Speaker 2: Maybe cross one out though, and that that can be some flavor text for when I read your answer, but then we know which one you want to make it. Give the first name of either man that Pope and Young is named after. Brody doing a lot of writing, Brody.
Speaker 1: How's that process going going? Okay?
Speaker 2: Randall is very optimistic, Brody, he could name both of them if he had to.
Speaker 1: We're just looking for one, though.
Speaker 6: Are you trying to like get in my head or something?
Speaker 1: Come on, try and do it.
Speaker 2: I just create some drama for our listeners to enjoy. Well, the rest of you sit here in silence. The first name of either man that Pope and Young is named after. Do you have this one right, Brody, we'll find out.
Speaker 1: I was going to be shocked if he didn't know this. Wow. I thought this was going to be just a wash, like a good old fishing question, you know, the old saying just another fishing question.
Speaker 3: I've also noticed that Spencer has not chosen a fishing question for the last question. Made me very I don't think yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's good for the health of the game.
Speaker 2: That's a flaw, so I better fix that. And now I've overcorrected it.
Speaker 1: It's like the NFL and quarterback rules.
Speaker 4: You know, it's everybody ready, No, I'll give me one second. Not that it matters.
Speaker 1: Date, go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Nate saying, John Corey says, Brian Reeves says, bring him Young, Randall says Saxton he crossed out. Arthur Alyssa says Adam, Max says, Bishop Brody says George. The correct answer is Saxton and Arthur or Art Randall got that one right. Doctor Saxton, Pope, and Art Young have been called the fathers of bow hunting. They learned archery from a man named Ishi, the last known survivor of the Yanna tribe in California. Is she taught them how to stock and kill game using obsidian arrow points. Hoping Young was created in nineteen sixty one, which is a few decades after Saxton and Art died.
Speaker 1: It's a great factoid. Which one the issue?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The issue?
Speaker 1: Did you know about issue? I did, Randall. I actually spent when we were down in Mexico. We spent like a good twenty minutes. Try to remember the name issue. Okay, but I did come up with it then too, just like Annie Pasto. And here you are now at the Perfect Game. I think our first perfect.
Speaker 5: Might want to pay attention to bear Grease over the next few months.
Speaker 1: Oh why is that?
Speaker 2: Riva say?
Speaker 1: It's a really fascinating story.
Speaker 2: Okay, Randall has the perfect Game. I think the first perfect Game of twenty twenty five. That means Meat Eater is going to double its donation from five hundred dollars to one thousand today. Where is that money going?
Speaker 1: Let's send that money to the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership TRCP.
Speaker 2: Getting one thousand dollars from Mediater and Randall. We've been on an overtime drought again this year. I think we've had zero of them in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Well, not complaining. We didn't go to overtime this this round, so it was like, yeah, let's.
Speaker 4: Keep it that way.
Speaker 2: Wins with ten, Brody right behind him with nine. That's it for this week's game of Meat Eater Trivia. Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 7: Spencer, Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 5: Lock