Speaker 1: The nick A Gliser Podcast. Glaser, here's Nicky.
Speaker 2: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's the Nicky Glazer Podcast. Same crew as we had yesterday.
Speaker 3: My mom, Brian, Noah, what's going on with your eye?
Speaker 1: That was not a stroke?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's yeah, maybe it is.
Speaker 1: I liked it though. Can you wink?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 3: You can close both eyes and then open one, but no, it's too much.
Speaker 1: It has to be subtle.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can't do it like if you're just like, I can't really do it either.
Speaker 1: I'm a little insecure about my own so.
Speaker 3: I think I'm never going to try.
Speaker 1: No, I won't ever make fun of you again. You can't wink either, Ali can't wink. That's cute. She does. It looks cute.
Speaker 3: When do we do it?
Speaker 1: There's a problem. Yeah, it's the road. Uh neurological, Yes, that was what I was thinking. Okay, Noah's pregnant.
Speaker 2: We announced it on last week's last night's show, but then her mic cutout as soon as she was getting into how she differently as a woman over forty being pregnant. Right, so those of you didn't maybe hear yes, yesterday's episode she's four and a half five months pregnant twenty four.
Speaker 4: Weeks, and for some reason, she was silenced for discussing her pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that about? You're so cool about it?
Speaker 2: Like I always forget you're pregnant because you don't seem to like talk about it at all.
Speaker 1: What can you give us?
Speaker 2: Like the highlights, the low lights, Like what you didn't expect, what you did expect?
Speaker 1: What I mean you're you.
Speaker 2: Like what you're excited about, what you're dreading, like everything things we wouldn't Well, I'm excited to just go.
Speaker 5: I'm excited about the whole thing. I think, uh, definitely, waiting didn't really bring up all those fears that you talked about at the end of last episode with like my whole ripping. Am I ready for this? I'm gonna have to push this thing out Like I don't. I don't really see it like that. I see it as Wow, my body was able to create something. It wasn't easy, you know, it was a process to get here, but it did it, and I'm proud of myself for it, and I'm excited.
Speaker 6: I'm not scared of it.
Speaker 2: If you learn nothing from yesterday's episode, you could be thankful for yourself for doing it, but you can't.
Speaker 5: I'm but you are proud. I'm thankful, and uh, let's see. What I really like about it is that my boobs are huge. First time in my life I have cleavage.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 4: Why did I just that's the only question I have. Well those statements bob.
Speaker 1: Babies, will they do?
Speaker 4: They go down?
Speaker 1: Immediately? They go down, They go down after you're nursing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, how long is that last? Well?
Speaker 3: As long as you nurse.
Speaker 1: What have you found about having big boobs? Like, what's it like like never having them and now you do have them? Like she used to get a new bra Yeah, new bras.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I've been waiting on that because I don't want to spend the money on it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, let's see.
Speaker 5: I learned that most of my shirts are not v neck, Like, don't show off cleavage because it's I never had cleavage to show off.
Speaker 2: Even if you do, though, like showing off cleavage is distracting for people, and sometimes I like, when I have had cleavage, I don't want it to be out like women that just have a line of cleavage.
Speaker 1: I know some women can't help it.
Speaker 2: So if you wear any kind of v neck, I would just find it hard to get through the day and have people not I don't want to distract people. That's me being like, oh, poor men, they can't handle themselves around my tits, and I want them to be a little focused. But I grew up going to a middle school who forbid women to wear tank tops because we're distracting to boys.
Speaker 3: You are tank tops?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in rebellion, I was the only one that showed up the next day.
Speaker 1: It was the only time I've ever rebelled. Wow, I didn't know you were doing.
Speaker 2: Every girls were all the girls were gonna wear tak times because we're like, this is stupid. We can't wear tak times because boys are distracted, And no one else wore one. The next day I did, and I thank god I brought a sweater and I put it on over it. But and then all the boys were able to get a's on that test that day before. They were so yeah, they were distracted by my bees. But are you are they getting in the way? Are you feeling like is your husband is so.
Speaker 5: Like gug okay, So now, because my stomach is starting to protrude, sometimes like if I don't wear a bra, like my boobs will stick to my stomach, which is something that I haven't really.
Speaker 2: You've been a woman that doesn't need a bra, like what you'd like being brawless because it doesn't change anything. Really like women with weighty boobs like bras because it keeps the tit from laying on our stomach, which is an annoying feeling. Not that I have big tits or anything right now, they're they're pretty small. In fact, a girl after a show the other day said, thanks for representing girls with small boobs.
Speaker 6: You don't have.
Speaker 1: His right hand.
Speaker 2: No, But when you're thinner, like I've lost a little bit of way to do to anxiety, And I think that's it sucks out of your tits pretty fast, and then when you gain weight you put it in.
Speaker 1: Some people put in their boobs. But yeah, so I think maybe it's that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and age, you just lose like voluminousness. But do you are you used to going to be sad to see these tits go?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, I.
Speaker 1: She just got them forgot. I'm just thinking, I mean.
Speaker 3: She's just getting used to them, and I'm already taking them away from mind, Like how are when they're gone?
Speaker 1: Yeah this baby no tits.
Speaker 5: It's like where like, yeah, you know what I don't like? I like I realized that because you know, when I was going into this and stuff like everyone's like, oh yeah, your body doesn't become yours anymore and all that stuff. And while I can see where people come from when they say that, I don't really feel that. I don't feel this this this thing taking over my body and it's no longer mine.
Speaker 2: It's like, but you did see a picture of yourself from behind where you were like horrified and you didn't recognize yourself. Did you feel in that way like oh I have no control? Like was that a moment for you of like, what's happening to my body?
Speaker 3: I hate?
Speaker 6: But it wasn't.
Speaker 5: It was just like I didn't recognize myself, which was was really hard. It was basically we went to Sedona and Abby took a picture of me walking on like red Rock and I and it was a picture from behind. I didn't have my coat on. You could see my I could see my button. I was really disheveled that day.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: I just didn't give a shit what I looked like and I just look like a like a cow grazings the sedon.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 2: I saw the picture and it was not that bad, but it was like together, yeah it was. But yeah, so you don't relate to the thing of like your body's being taken from you.
Speaker 1: Is it weird? And this is me just being so vapid in vain, That's fine.
Speaker 2: I would really worry about my stomach stretching out, Like I would try to suck in all the time so that my stomach skin isn't stretching out so that I'm not left with something. But I have to get a mommy makeover and go to doctor whatever it is.
Speaker 6: So with you, I'm I have been so.
Speaker 5: I used to work in a health food store and there were these women that would come in and there was this oil that they would buy. It was called Mother's Special Blend, and they would talk about how we would leave no stretch marks.
Speaker 6: So when I was nineteen, I.
Speaker 5: Heard this and I bookmarked it for like now, like, oh, I always have to have like an oily stomach and stuff.
Speaker 6: So I'm yeah, I'm all about that.
Speaker 1: I bring up all the time. Yeah, but can you see it?
Speaker 2: Can you be like, it's like, what was the When did you first see your stomach stick out where you're like, oh my god, this isn't just me being full, because I think we all can look about three months pregnant if we eat a really big meal and just descend our stomach, you can kind of get there and see what it would be like. Was there one morning where you were like, oh, it's here, does it like drop?
Speaker 6: At one point?
Speaker 5: I think it was like maybe five or six weeks in the I just you just feel you just feel like you're holding in a fart like forever, and it's just like going out and I realized it, but it was like where it was underneath my belly button. It was like in the fupa area. I was like, wow, this is kind of big. It looks like I get a huge meal and I'm like, isn't it too early to show anything? And then it gradually moves up. I mean, like a fart my belly is like they travel around, yeah, giant art. I don't know when or.
Speaker 1: Do you feel relief like you must be gassed up.
Speaker 5: I don't feel relief because I constantly feel like, oh, there's a fart trapped in there and it's not going away yet.
Speaker 1: It's a way after a time. Are you having weird cravings?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had to girl when I said cravings.
Speaker 5: Right, it's like week by week. It's not like they make it out on TV where you want like pickles and chocolate ice cream weird things. It's just like this week, I just want peanut butter all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay? And what is this week for you? What do you what you're what are you go on?
Speaker 6: That's it?
Speaker 5: Oh, I told Brian before the show, I'm eating green apples with peanut butter. That's my thing this week.
Speaker 1: That's like all you want for every meal.
Speaker 6: It's what I want between every meal.
Speaker 4: That peanut butter because then I won't get a peanut allergy when they're.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I've heard different things, but the latest my thinking on it is that the reason why there's so many peanut allergies these days is because everyone is avoiding giving their children peanuts and just in case they have a peanut allergy, and it's like, well, now they're not exposed to it, so then when they do get exposed to peanuts for the first time when they go to kinder garden, they have a reaction.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I always think about when people on planes are wiping down every surface and I'm just like not doing, like laying my face on the tray table, dropping around, eating, brushing it goes doing and then eating it. Still I go like, is this working for you? Like are you doing this because you get sick? Or do you get sick because you do this all the time?
Speaker 3: They probably get sick because now they get sick.
Speaker 2: Really, and I'm pretty disgusting, And we've talked about this before, but I just sometimes the thing that you're avoiding is the thing that will get you.
Speaker 1: And there's just was a study that came out recently.
Speaker 2: It was in like the headlines last week about people that are so scared of getting sick gets sick more.
Speaker 1: Oh and maybe.
Speaker 2: That's because they know their disposition and they know that they're more likely to get sick.
Speaker 1: So therefore it could.
Speaker 4: Be sometimes notice me, yeah, sometimes you might that's true. But someone else might say I'm sick, I need to take a day off. You might just like breeze through the day without even being like, Okay, I guess.
Speaker 3: You just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't get the same effects because I've I've felt the same effects. I've had strip throat before, I've had like I know what, I've had migraines before. Like I know pain, and I know and I but I also know when a sniffle. I would think there's no one in the world who would take off work because you have a sniffle.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think there are people that would.
Speaker 2: That, just like are just a little bit Like I can understand if your head feels like it's like the pressure and you can't walk and you can't think straight.
Speaker 1: But if you're just having sinus drippage.
Speaker 6: Go to work.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you need a break, you need a break, like, I won't steal that from you, But don't make it about your sniffles. You just need a break, Like that's not a reason to take off work. But I do think if you have even a slight headache, you should be able to have months off of work. I think a headache, no one should be able to be expected to function on them. They should be a get out of work free card. Any any kind of tension headache. Headaches I think are the worst pain ever.
Speaker 1: I know, that's what I like. I feel bad asking you to do anything. Headaches are the worst.
Speaker 3: I have so much aspirin and guys right away.
Speaker 1: Well then what are we dealing with? What are we talking about?
Speaker 6: Aspirin?
Speaker 3: Aspirin?
Speaker 1: Why don't you everyone take aspirin?
Speaker 3: Then? Why don't you always take aspirin? I do, because sometimes you just fight it every day, every day, almost every day. Why do you think you get headaches if you go to the doctor. It's sinus stuff. Why don't you do sinus? And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have some floonnaise in the other room.
Speaker 3: I know I need to just go buy some.
Speaker 1: That's that's what you're getting headaches from. Is probably sinus.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can't day it's a steroid and it'll it'll kill you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I need to do like an anti histamine or something.
Speaker 2: My sister told me that floonase are like those like anti histamines. Nose sprays are good for your bags under your eyes.
Speaker 1: That's another and I should do it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that to be true. I did get it for that and it hasn't changed anything. So please don't rush out and buy thinking your bags are going to go away. Girls, there's working for her.
Speaker 3: It is Yes, she didn't even any bags under her she's ever had bags.
Speaker 1: She did when she's tired, she has bags.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's just she's sleep because she's having The cure.
Speaker 4: For bags is sleeping. That's the only thing that works.
Speaker 1: Or surgery. Yeah, Creams do not work.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's ever a cream that has ever done anything that works.
Speaker 3: Kind of agree with you, Yeah, why do you subscribe it?
Speaker 2: Well, because I like the feeling of having moisturized skin, and I do believe it. My plant squalling stuff I use. I would, seriously, it's the number one thing I can't live without. All of you, I would just goodbye if I if it it meant that is the I can't even function without that. Please just plant squalling. It's the ordinary plant squalling. I bought it for you.
Speaker 1: You have it.
Speaker 3: I my ordinary plan.
Speaker 2: It keeps you moisture. It just keeps you moistureds all time. It's the only moisturizer, moisturizer that has ever worked beyond fifteen minutes on my face. Every other moisturizer that everyone uses, they get absorbed, right, My skin sucks it up and it's dry again.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, but.
Speaker 2: This stuff actually stays on your face all night long. It doesn't stain your sheets. It's incredible. I cannot believe everyone doesn't use it. I'm mystified. And it's seven dollars a bottle.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 2: You can get a target. Don't get the heavy squalling, get the one hundred percent. It's it's so good.
Speaker 4: But I got you for everything. If it doesn't cost enough money, then no one will know about it because no one's profiting enough off of it. Oh bottle that lasts forever. No one's going to make a commercial.
Speaker 2: For a while, I was gate keeping it because I didn't want it to sell out everywhere. And now I don't care because I just, I just I'm baffled that the people I have shared it with don't continue it. Because once I found this stuff, I was it's like I will, I'll never use anything else.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter what facewash I use, what I don't use a night cream. I don't use an I cream.
Speaker 1: I just use this stuff. You can use it as lube. I've talked about it a million times. You use it just in the morninglube. No I used it in the morning. At night it's it's my night cream.
Speaker 2: When we don't have to, I'll use it as lube because it's just it's just plant squalling. There's nothing else in it. It's one ingredient. It's really clean, it's slick. It makes it feels oily, but it's not oil. It's it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't fathom why you would do anything else. I've tried other stuff because people go swear by it. And I spent eighty dollars on this thing and this balm and this seramides, and these doctors just sent me this, like five hundred dollars skincare cream, two creams, five hundred dollars for the whole set.
Speaker 1: I didn't one that we opened together. No, a different one and it was five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: And I've been using itazing, that one.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what it's supposed to. It drives me out.
Speaker 4: I just don't.
Speaker 6: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: But I did get botox last week, and I'm very excited about the results.
Speaker 1: They haven't come in yet. Okay, they're just coming in. We're just getting the result.
Speaker 4: Get it because it takes.
Speaker 1: Seven to ten days. Oh, I got it.
Speaker 2: At Nayak in Saint Louis, which is my favorite pace to go. Oh oh, that's a better question, I guess.
Speaker 1: I was like, why is he asking where I'm going.
Speaker 3: In Saint Louis to get my I got it in my shin and then I got it in my like here, I don't know, like this like where it would dribble down if you were like little lines, frown lines, yeah, crown lines.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this if you apparently you're if you take this, if you freeze this, this gets shot up like it just it gives the appearance that this raises. All I'm trying to do is raise this area of my face. And I was told that unhooking the tendon, the stretch that's pulling these down, will make we'll just do the optical illusion of pulling your face up.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: It hasn't taken shape yet, it hasn't started yet. I haven't felt it. I'm just starting to feel the like kind of numbness around here. And then I got my mandibles here because I clenched my jaws a lot, so this muscle is kind of being taken out. And then I got massive yes, and then I got h Yeah, that's what I meant to say. And then lip girl, lip flip, lip flip, lip flip. Yeah, and that that I've done that a box.
Speaker 3: I can see that on you right now.
Speaker 1: Oh busted. It's a little bit. Are you saying you like it?
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I can see. I know when you got this done.
Speaker 3: I saw you the day you got it done, and you say it hasn't taken effect, but I can see it right now it's.
Speaker 1: Still coming out. I'm so excited. I love this stuff.
Speaker 2: This stuff is exciting because it's risky and you're like, am I gonna like this? And it's like, we'll see baby. Does it hurt getting it in?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Not really a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well I did it with you though, Well it depends on how much how fast you metabolize it, but botex For me, it's I used to be able to keep it in my face for I would say like six months, and now it's probably three months.
Speaker 1: Like you know, you get older and you just uses up quicker.
Speaker 2: But I love going and getting this stuff done because it feels like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of bad, like this could go really wrong.
Speaker 2: Like I like the inherent risk of it, but I don't feel a risk because I trust my girl so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah Jones, Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I eventually want the muscles just stop.
Speaker 2: You won't need to get get different sections like I trick my face.
Speaker 1: It's like confusion.
Speaker 2: I don't just keep muting these same areas because I don't want you want to be able to express yourself.
Speaker 1: And that's why.
Speaker 2: But I just like to I might, it might really fuck up my face and look really weird. I'll own it, we'll address it. I'll go away there, and then it'll eventually go away. It's not permanent.
Speaker 3: Where does it go?
Speaker 1: Where does what go? That the shot into the muscle, I know? And then what it.
Speaker 4: Just is METASICLZ. If you piss it out, you're going to.
Speaker 1: Get cut off if you talk about any of the doctor stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know where it goes.
Speaker 4: Your body eats it, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: It into your body, and it's probably not.
Speaker 4: It's probably more like your immune system fights it off and then gets rid of it through Europe.
Speaker 1: Because it is a toxin.
Speaker 4: It's a toxin. Yeah, yeah, but so is.
Speaker 1: The spray tans, so is makeup. You know, there's no mate.
Speaker 2: None of our makeup is regulated by the FDA, none of it, kidding me none. They can put anything on our face and sell it to us and there's no regulation.
Speaker 3: Why is that because the makeup industry they don't care about win.
Speaker 1: Oh they're just coming off.
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding. I was making.
Speaker 1: This goes met again.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have to get a break. We'll be back with more after this. So Noah's pregnant. And also you're so chill about it.
Speaker 1: I don't be like we're going to talk about what do you think I should be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: Like what I guess?
Speaker 2: Like, Oh my god, I can't believe I'm going to be responsible for human I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't take this back.
Speaker 3: Have you gotten sick at all? Did you have morning sickness?
Speaker 5: I have had such a wonderful pregnancy second trimester. I have thrown up and gotten sick. It's not that I haven't.
Speaker 1: But that was New Year's she was wasted. You won't get sick then, I guarantee you.
Speaker 3: If you haven't yet, you've gotten sick. Once you said.
Speaker 5: I've gotten sick maybe like seven times. Oh, I would say.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's kind of a lot.
Speaker 3: That's like I feel like it's not it's not it's not compared because it's just like what it could be.
Speaker 1: There are some women who have it through their whole pregnancy.
Speaker 2: Yes, humor did oh that was that documentary where she covered that.
Speaker 1: That's looked rough man.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Yeah, I just I guess I would be stressed out about I have to take care of a human for the rest of my life, like i've.
Speaker 1: I've never once had one. To Niki, Well, I understand that it's a wee thing for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, but we all know moms do more.
Speaker 2: It's like, I get that, but I I'm just saying, I'm not saying it's something that you should be stressed out about. I have never undertaken something that I will won't have an end date. I've never committed to something that doesn't have an end date in my life.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know of anything that I could even my career maybe, but that's always gonna go in different It's I can give it up at any time like.
Speaker 1: I could try other things.
Speaker 2: I've never signed up for something that is about to start in four four months that will be the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: That would be. I would be.
Speaker 2: Stressed out about that, but there's no point in being stressed out because it just is the way it.
Speaker 3: Guess what this was planned for?
Speaker 2: Noah, Well, I know, I just can't understand wanting that, like want to even like I would be even if it was something I wanted, like a yacht, someone was like, you have I can help you the next eighteen years, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, this yacht, I'm scared, Like what am I gonna do with it?
Speaker 4: If I decided to like it.
Speaker 5: I think it's so common A lot of people think that, And I remember when I first started dating Av we would talk about having children and stuff and how you know, like we were not ready for it or whatever. But he thought, similar to you, it's going to impair his traveling. It's gonna uh, you know, never gonna sleep. It's it's gonna be something that like cannibalizes his life. And I was talking to my therapist about it, and she's like, yeah, you can look at it that way, but you can also look at it as new opportunities, new adventures, pushing yourself outside of the box to try different things and things that I probably can't even think of because I've never had a child before.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you're saying yes to a whole life that you you're saying.
Speaker 3: That's all a mystery. But it's gonna be all fun and just.
Speaker 4: Your life's gonna change. You're gonna be a different person. A's what my brother says, is like, or if some of my friends say, it's you're just different. Everything has Your life is different, Your life has changed. What you wanted prior to the child is not what you want after the child.
Speaker 1: I call bullshit. I called bullshit on that.
Speaker 2: Everyone always says that, but then everyone still is. I mean, liez a trigger as a joke about it. She's like, all these women have babies and they're like, I've changed, And she's like, I think you're still an anarexic bitch. Like you still care about being skinny, you still care about your ring light and looking cute on Instagram.
Speaker 1: You still care about the likes.
Speaker 2: You still care about having a beautiful home, which everyone's gonna you still care what people think. You haven't evolved, You haven't changed that much. I understand that. Definitely, you change as a human when you have a kid. There's no question about Too many people say that they do, but it's not in that way. You don't become an inherently better person because you have a child. Well it sounds like the way they talk about it, it's romantic, like I just man, before I didn't even know what I was doing, and now I just now I have now my life oh before without like it's there is an implied and I'm sorry to get defensive about this, there's an implied thing of like if you don't do it, you'll never know, and that's so sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I think it's just a new addition getting defensive and you are getting defensive.
Speaker 5: I mean, it shouldn't be like a like a judgmental thing on either side, whether you choose to have kids or not. I respect people who choose not to have kids because of their lifestyle and they know it'll put a child in the you know, like not the best environment to grow up. And I can respect people who choose not to do that, and I respect people who want to have families too. It's just, you know, I don't really see it as a judgmental thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I'm just constantly comparing my own experience and I'm just still frustrated. By why I don't want this thing that all everyone that I know.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you for standing up to that.
Speaker 2: I'm not standing up to anything you are.
Speaker 3: I cannot.
Speaker 2: When my friends all started kissing boys, and it was this thing that like, I know I'm gonna have to do, but like, I don't want to fucking do that at all.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying. What if I'm bad at it? I feel the same way, or like going to haunted houses.
Speaker 2: All my friends want to go to Silo X, and I'm like, why do I want to do this? Why would I want to be scared? Why would I want to take on something that's hard? Like I and I understand that I go on stage and talk in front of people, and to most people, that's the most scary thing ever and they could never do that. But this is a thing. This isn't talking on stage in front of people. This is something that most people want, and why don't That's where I get I said, what why don't I like this thing that or want this thing that everyone seems to want.
Speaker 1: I just still can't. And I've struggled with it.
Speaker 5: On the badcount next Year's Yeah, maybe I didn't want it until I don't know, like thirty eight or something.
Speaker 1: Really okay, Well, yeah, thirty I'm I am going to be thirty eight next year because I'm going backwards. I'm gonna start taking away.
Speaker 3: Out sister's age. Yeah, why don't just turned thirty eight two years ago?
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: I got her a good birthday gift. You can I say what I got.
Speaker 3: I got her Cozy Earth sheets, which we are doing ads for on the show, but they sent me some.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking you. This is not an ad. They didn't pay for this, so you're welcome, Cozy Earth. I have never been someone and this is another thing on the podcast I talked about, I don't feel like a real woman because I don't appreciate sheets and linens and bullshit like that. This changed everything for me. I am so obsessed with these cozy or sheets. It's if you're sleeping and like a silky I can't even believe how much I love these sheets.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I've never loved sheets before. I don't care. They're all the same to me. I know, like kind of the difference between like you know, you're staying at a Ramata inn or you're staying at a you know a.
Speaker 1: Yes, listen, I know when it's nice. These are so next level nice. Are they cotton?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're cotton, but like they've got a silkiness to them.
Speaker 1: I'll show you, I believe, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You'd have to look at It's probably a blend, which I know is not ideal. But I'm so glad there's a blend, because it is. I don't want the sheet to be anything other than what it is. I'm obsard.
Speaker 1: Do you feel my sheets in the room?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: They had them at Searelena's bed, and that's what I talked to for the ad, is like because they hadn't funny to me yet, And so I was talking about Sara Lena's bed that she had him on, and I remember being like wow. But I think I didn't really revel in them until I got them myself.
Speaker 1: And I'm a bamboo viscos.
Speaker 2: It's oh, they're Oprah's favorite sheets. Oh They're on her list of favorite things every year. I didn't even use my own promo code when I bought them. But I will tell you if you go to Cozy Earth and put some things in a basket, and then you put your email dress in there anywhere. They will text you constantly reminding you. And the other day they go forty percent off flash sail next three hours.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I got me.
Speaker 1: I got three of sheets.
Speaker 3: I want to buy you that stuff for your birthday too, bit bitch, they're coming.
Speaker 1: Your birthday.
Speaker 3: Favorite king.
Speaker 1: I got you a king sized sheet. Oh my god, light gray not white? Why do you like white? You can have my white ones. Then I'll take the stone gray. I have white.
Speaker 3: I like white sheets.
Speaker 1: I'll have to like well to bleach him a little bit, because there's a spry to it.
Speaker 3: I'll take this gray one.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're really nice. You can exchange him if you want so. Yeah, I got Laurence too. They're new go to guests. I'm obsessed with them.
Speaker 4: Who you're welcome.
Speaker 7: Of?
Speaker 4: Bamboo viscos?
Speaker 3: Get cotton in that. There's bamboo is not cotton, and viscos is definitely not cotton.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I don't know what to tell you. Why do you want cotton so much?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. I'm going to wait for you to go feel them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get but as an extra gift for both of you.
Speaker 1: Tonight, We're going to see Tyler Henry.
Speaker 2: Tyler Henry, I am so excited about it.
Speaker 1: He is a medium.
Speaker 2: He talks to ghosts people who have passed, and he is the reason, as I've cited on the podcast before that I believe in an afterlife. Before Tyler Henry, I was on the fence, and now I am so bought in.
Speaker 6: Him.
Speaker 1: Yes, possibly after the show, if he's not too drained. I have a we have.
Speaker 2: My assistant is best friends with a producer from his show, and so she put us in touch and.
Speaker 1: She's and I said, pleat. She goes, do you want to meet time Henry, my sistant said, and I said, oh.
Speaker 2: My, I mean I would love to, But like I've watched his document, I watched his show, and he gets very drained after these readings, like it sucks the life out of him.
Speaker 1: And the last thing I want is to take any more of his energy. So if he's up for it, we will meet him, or at least I would meet it. I don't know whatever he wants, right, I don't like to meet people after their shows. No, I don't know you. I just want them to be done for the night. Yeah, because you've been there, you're there.
Speaker 2: I like meeting people at a meet and greet, But like, if it's just like a celebrity who wants to come by that I like barely know and this is gonna be an awkward thing after my show, I'd rather pass right. But I'm excited to just be at his show and see what he does and see people like talk to people that are dead. Yeah, he's playing the Factory, which I played two years ago.
Speaker 1: It's like a three thousand and.
Speaker 2: Cedar wow, and everyone there is showing up hoping that he, of course talks to.
Speaker 3: The whole show.
Speaker 4: Is he's going to go pick people out of the audience and ask them questions.
Speaker 1: What I think happens, Yeah, we don't.
Speaker 2: I think he's like I'm guessing because I've seen things like this where it's like, in this section of the room, there's someone coming through, Yeah, something about a top hat and maybe a creek or what you know, Like they'll have some that's me yeah, yeah, yeah, and then make it work.
Speaker 4: Well, if you could actually talk to ghost, then you would be able to sell out a three thousand seat theater. But there's also a part of me that's like, you know, you're profiting so much off of talking to people's desperation to talk to their deceased relatives. There's something as slimy about you.
Speaker 1: It's like one hundred thousand person waiting list.
Speaker 3: No, he has a six hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: But that's what I worked.
Speaker 5: I worked for a lot of psychics on like psychic radio. I worked for a pet psychic sonya Philspatrick, and then I filled in for another psychic on like an entertainment channel. And let me tell you, people call these shows like two hours before they even start. Yeah, and they feel such relief after they talk to the psychic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess that they feel relief and people find comfort in it, and that's one thing, and that's nice. But really, to me.
Speaker 2: Is doing in this industry and I don't think he's taking. That's why I like Tyler Henry is that if you look at him, you just go this guy is not in this for the mains. So cool it maybe is a part of it now for him, because once you get in the industry, you kind of get like a little bit attached to the fame thing. But he's just he's just a guy with a gift that didn't even want it. It's annoying to him. He was just like a kid in school who would see ghosts and didn't even know what was going on. I thought everyone could see these ghosts. And then he starts verbalizing it and people are going, wait, get my great aunt. His name's Sylvia. Why did she just tell you that it's okay the kids couldn't come, or like he would just say.
Speaker 5: Like experience like that, that's the experience that people pay for.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there are going to be a lot of people if who leave being like, why didn't my person come through. I know that's that's a bummer that he can't get to everyone. But I think that even just being around people that are experiencing that, it gives you hope that your person is in a place like that, or that you will be in a place like that when you maybe someday be able to I have a feeling this is the anniversary of Bob Saggat's death for two years ago.
Speaker 1: Today, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, if anyone's going to come through, I could see Bob wanting to get a little bit more stage time, like if like at a three thousand seat venue where he can come through and like be.
Speaker 1: On Mike, you know, in the only way he could.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if if anyone in my life would come through, I would think it would be Bob tonight. That's what I'm trying to, like put that energy out.
Speaker 3: Let it out there.
Speaker 2: And I don't even want to steal anything from anyone, because I would much rather someone's son who died of cancer when he was a kid come through than Bob Saget for me, because I don't have any unfinished business with Bob. But you know, it would be nice to I wouldn't be like, go away, Bob, but I'm not going showing up being like I hope I get talked to.
Speaker 4: But you know, talk to ghosts, you would be in an insane asylum, like because also can you turn it off? I feel like the real people who can talk to ghosts are like there's this constantly ghosts coming at you trying to get your attention, and you don't know where it's coming from.
Speaker 2: He has to like scribble on a piece of paper and like channel it. He's got to like tap in. I think it's something that you have to be that we could probably all tap into. But certain people are wired to tap into it, just like certain people are wired to be able to play classical piano and other people aren't.
Speaker 1: Like it's just a thing. Brian's not buying that.
Speaker 4: I'm not buying it. I mean, I did a podcast for seven years. I talked to a lot of psychics. I researched a lot of psychics.
Speaker 1: A lot of them are bullshit.
Speaker 4: A lot of them are definitely bullshit. I don't know if this really is, but I just feel like if you were actually able to talk to ghosts, you wouldn't also be able to like leverage that to sell three thousand seats at a theater. I think you'd be, like year what.
Speaker 1: The people around you might be insane.
Speaker 4: You'd probably be living in around and.
Speaker 2: You might be bringing lots of happiness to people when you do that. Tyler is so like earnest and like invested in these people, and he feels great about it afterwards, and it really is draining to him, like he has to stay inside and like recuperate, like he's hung over after.
Speaker 3: He gives these reading his mother drives in. I know, he's so sweet.
Speaker 1: I love much.
Speaker 3: He doesn't live with his mother.
Speaker 1: I know it's amazing.
Speaker 2: No, Brian, we are going to give an update next week's show. It's it's there's no way this that's I just cannot believe that this guy would be full of shit. I just that's what I do. Think psychics are full of shit. I've never been to one in my life. I brought into this.
Speaker 3: I've seen play a psychic, said, are really good? I mean John Edwards. I don't know if you Oh, I remember we were obsessed with him.
Speaker 4: He had obsessed he ran for president in two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: Not that one, that was the other one. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, are you hoping Mimi comes through?
Speaker 3: No, I would rather have some other people who have I mean, I feel I feel like she's good to go.
Speaker 1: You don't have any like ants.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like we don't need to be like are you safering? Yeah, say you know, no, I felt like she dies correctly. And I want to just know what Bob had his head on. Can you just tell us that he.
Speaker 1: Probably hit it on the on the shower, he slipped in the No, he was not in the top.
Speaker 3: There was no him.
Speaker 1: Well okay, well you're offering up a lot of things that are what happened, but they're all different things, so I want to know. I mean, he hit his hand, he did, well, we know that.
Speaker 4: Isn't it cool. At the end of Chappelle's latest Netflix special, he had in the credits. Did you see the end credits where he showed pictures.
Speaker 2: Of Yes, I sobbed when Bob Saget's picture came up. Chris was like, why are you crying all of a sudden? Yeah, I would just started just I don't know what. I don't know what about that does does it to me? But it got me.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I really liked those credits. It was I mean the credits are then is Chabelle's special?
Speaker 1: The song is I'm the Man, I'm the Man, I'm the Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like we now you know that you're the It's there's a lot of bravado going on with mister Chappelle, and you know he should. I can't imagine putting logos on my necklace and but maybe that's a cultural thing and my the sleeves of my shirt. How I've never noticed that he does that. Yeah, what do you think of his special?
Speaker 6: Brian?
Speaker 4: I thought I thought it was great. I really every time Chappelle goes on stage, I think the word that comes to mind is just compelling, Like I just I want to see what he's going to say next. I don't care so much if it's punchline, punchline, punchline with him, because I'm just interested in hearing what he has to say. At the same time, as a fan, every time it comes out with a new special, I am a little disappointed that I'm not getting his true comedic take on the events of the day like he did in Killing Them Softly and his other special. I want to see in Chappelle's next special as a fan, I would love to see an hour of stand up that is a survey of him giving takes on like what's going on in the world, similar to like what Carlin would do or what he used to do as opposed to him kind of. It's it's almost like the special is less stand up and more like church. It's like you're sitting there listening to a sermon that's got funny moments in it. But I'm also like there's sincere lessons to be learned in his show, and I like that. I was compelled. I watched a full hour without pausing it without getting up. Most stand up specials I can't watch in a city.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chappelle, I agree. At one sitting, I was like, I got to see what he's says next, But I would like to see an hour of carl and esk a carl and Esque hour from Chappelle or killing them Softly hour from Chappelle.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I like when Burr and Chappelle used to like go on late night talk shows and you just get little snippets of how they're feeling about this cultural moment.
Speaker 3: Right, because then you hear put it out there.
Speaker 2: Because it doesn't make it to the special by the time you get there or whatever. You just get these little, like little uh bite sized moments. Did you see Kimmel's monologue about Aaron Rodgers. No, Chris just sent it to me. It's funny. He's just he just came back from break. Kimmel just came back from break last night, I guess, Yeah, and is just furious at Aaron Rodgers, who pretty much said something about him being on the Epstein list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like.
Speaker 2: This guy he literally thinks because he can throw a football. Well, that he's an intelligent person, right, that somehow your brain is like better than other people's. And I really liked that because I'm tired of upholding people for this talent. You don't have any there's we don't need to hear your opinions on things. Even as a comedian, I'm good at like being.
Speaker 3: And he's been hitting the head so many times we don't trust him.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, just true, just kidding, just kidding. I liked that part because I'm just tired of upholding athletes, especially I know some of them are intelligent, but I don't really musicians. I don't really want to hear you talk actors. I don't want just to stick to what you're good at. And I think people could say the same for me, like stick to telling jokes that we don't need to hear you.
Speaker 4: And I would say, you're a football, Yeah, you don't go on your field to throw a football. Why are you speaking words?
Speaker 3: Aaron just you know, he was just Jimmy does not hold back. He's really inspires.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's good, gray hair and is uh in in his beard? He became a different.
Speaker 1: Guy, Yes he's Yeah, it was refreshing.
Speaker 3: He had children.
Speaker 2: Oh, really that's what changed him. He had children. Long he has like twenty five days. He has like thirty year old kids. Yeah, he didn't change much. But listen, I'm open to changing someday. Wow, but I don't think I will.
Speaker 4: Maybe Kyler Henry about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, there's some answers there.
Speaker 3: Come to you.
Speaker 2: Bob Saget tells me to have kids. If Bob tells his message from the afterlife.
Speaker 3: What would happen if Bob said, I would say, easy for you to say, Bob as a man, because of course I would like to be a dad, That's what I would say.
Speaker 1: I would do that in a second.
Speaker 2: But you were a great dad. He was the best dad. He was a great dad. I think that's why we were so also collectively loved. Saddened was because he kind of you know America's Home Videos and full House. Yeah, but I definitely, uh yeah, I watched I've been watching a lot of stuff. I watched Saltburn. No one's seen it there, right, no watched it yet. Oh my god, it's Sun Prime. It's free on Prime.
Speaker 1: But my god, we gotta go break. I'll talk about it when I can get back. So I saw Saltburn.
Speaker 3: Last night, I was home alone and I was like, I'm gonna watch this movie that everyone's been telling me, Nicky, you need to watch it.
Speaker 2: And I've seen one scene where the guy. Have you heard of anything about this movie?
Speaker 7: Mom?
Speaker 3: It's gay, right? You know it's gay a gay romance story. Oh no, it's hardly a gay romance story. I mean it's it's a thriller.
Speaker 5: Is it a penis in it? Because I remember that from monologue penises?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, there is a there is a penis in it.
Speaker 1: What is in it?
Speaker 2: I mean the scene that I had heard about and spoiler alert if you haven't heard about this. I went in knowing that the scene exists. It didn't change anything for me. A guy jerks off in a tub.
Speaker 1: He's taking a bath, and he ejaculates while he's taking the bath, and then the water is being drained and some guy goes in after him and slurps up the drain, like gets puts his mouth on the drain to slurp up.
Speaker 7: Okay, the cumbbath water for the nutrients.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is low on iron and he's feeling peaked, and so yeah, he gets in there. Yes, it's it's survived.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just freaky, and you're just like, what is this? I don't even care to watch it now.
Speaker 2: It's stomach turning. That is the least stomach turning thing that happens. I don't really care in this. There's one scene that I was like, I'm someone who says pretty crazy things. Isn't she's shy us don't tell us, because don't. I will just say so. Most lots of people have seen this movie. The scene where he's in the courtyard with the girl made me sick, made me sick, and the other thing, and I think things. People are trying to think that this was hot. Oh what happened? What is that plot of this movie? The plot is thank you for asking.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Because there's this.
Speaker 2: Guy, Jacob Alordi, who is one of the hottest people to ever live. I remember seeing him. I first spotted this kid in deep Water, the psychological thriller with Ben Affleck and an a day armist that you love Frani. He's the kid that he's the kid that drowns at the party.
Speaker 5: Oh isn't He's also in euphoria.
Speaker 4: These euphoria kids good looking, so hot, and now they're all famous, and I was like, where did they come from? Like I see them for the first time in their third, their second or third thing, and everyone's like, yeah, we knew about this person. Seven there a household name of that season one of Euphoria, and it's like, I didn't watch Euphoria.
Speaker 2: I don't know that Jacob Elordi he I pronounced it Elerty when I looked him up the first time. That is wrong, Lordy, I think it is. He's so hot. He's just a striking is the one that's it's about. He's the one that came in the cup. He is a this prize piece that everyone loves, women, men, adults, young people, babies, animals, Like he just has this like glow about him. And it's being narrated by a guy who's like it's The movie starts out like did I love Felix?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love Felix. But was I in love with Felix?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then it takes you back in time to two thousand and six and it's like a period piece of two thousand and six, So there's like all these two thousand and six references and it's Felix, and then this other guy, Oliver, who live at this or who go to Oxford and it's their freshman year.
Speaker 1: I believe it's their freshman year. And Oliver takes a liking to Felix just like everyone does. Everyone loves Felix, but Oliver sees him from afar and Felix might be a little bisexual. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Does Oliver have a chance with this guy who's like the most stunning popular guy on campus. And Oliver is just like this dorky kid who doesn't even have he has like one friend who's like and he dresses like Harry Potter on the first day, like he's a nerd. But then all of a sudden, this this guy, like through circumstances becomes actually kind of friendly with him, and now is they're like, maybe he's attracted to him, And then it goes from there, we don't know, and it gets so wild.
Speaker 4: Slurping come from a tub.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought that's where we would peek, That's where it was gonna end it.
Speaker 4: How much crazier than that? Could it possibly gets one cup situation? Right? No, but it's I feel like slip and come from the tub is pretty high up there in terms of what you could do in a film.
Speaker 2: I just know that I was texting Anya as I was watching it, because I can't watch things without someone, so I had to like have be having a conversation, and I was like, make it end this movie, let me out, get me out, please, God stop movies.
Speaker 3: Before and said, I'm not watching name.
Speaker 2: But this was so close to the ending and it was so wild that I couldn't believe what was happening.
Speaker 1: And it's almost like one of the I think.
Speaker 2: That I might actually be pretty prudish because I think most people watch really horrifying stuff, like people who watch saw movies and hostile and all those things hereditary. This movie's nothing to those people. I've read those synopsies. I've never seen I've never seen a movie that is marketed to teens and wow, cool kids, like a popularly marketed movie that is this fucking crazy. And it makes me feel good that something's this insane out there that someone could write in a script to this weird of stuff.
Speaker 1: It almost feels like I.
Speaker 2: Think you should leave, Like you know, when you watch I think you should leave, and you go. How I know, I think this is funny, but are the mass is going to ever understand this?
Speaker 1: And you go, oh my god, it's really popular. People get this.
Speaker 2: It makes you feel good that like, maybe what I'm doing is not so weird if everyone seems to get this. Speaking of I think you should leave. I was at the after party at the Grammys Grammy's Emmys Creative Arts Emmys, and I can't They're all.
Speaker 1: Amys and they're all me.
Speaker 3: There's too many meat like Grammy, it's all about me, me me, Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: And I was at the after party, which was this glamorous event that was in this huge like aircraft hangar thing, and it was it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever been to. It was like they were shooting it for a movie. It was gigantic, and there's hundreds of people. There are probably like a thousand people in this huge area. There's a band that's playing amazing hits. There's like food everywhere, and there's sparkly lights. It was gorgeous, and there's celebrities all around, and you know, like Jeff Probst No I don't think he was there, but he left. Yeah, but Sam Richardson, who is in I think you should leave and.
Speaker 4: Jeff Ropes was Yeah, it was so short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Sam Richardson, who's in I Think You Should Leave. He's also on VEEP. Detroiter's the black guy on VIEP Detroiters. Okay, I'm a huge fan. I think he's one of the best comedic actors. Nice going, I mean everything he does is so funny. He was in what was he nominated for that?
Speaker 5: He?
Speaker 2: Oh, he was in uh, ted Lasso. He played a guy this season on ted Lasso. Remember Mom, you're nodding along, but you don't remember.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: He did a great showing on Ted Lasto this season.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Chris and I are like obsessed with I Think You Should Leave and Detroiter's, which he is like one of the co stars of Detroiters. And Detroiter's was on TV in like two thousand, eighteen nineteen, like it's been a while.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was on Comedy Central. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It was the Remember when I played you the clip Bick and Bones. Yes, that's detroit Ter's. Oh, oh those guys, that guy that.
Speaker 4: Guy, Yeah, cancel for no reason at all, really.
Speaker 1: I think he I mean, it shouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: It's but I can't imagine that shows still being on right or some shows I think just need to end, like.
Speaker 1: Do you go on forever?
Speaker 4: I mean, well, there was one season. Wasn't it just one season? They can do three? It was three funny, they gave it.
Speaker 1: A good shot. No, and it's so good. Yeah, there's three seasons. You don't even need to google this. I know this.
Speaker 2: I'm watching it right now. So at the end of season two is one of my favorite scenes ever. They're pitching their ad execs that are pitching two Quick and Loans the bank and they're both bad ad execs right, like they don't know what they're doing. They're they're trying to make a new ad campaign for Quick and Loans and it's just a very short scene, but in preparation for this, in preparation for this pitch, they're like pitching out on ideas, and Tim Robinson's character just goes, Okay, let's just like let's think about it. Okay, Quick and Loans, because that's him, that's the white guy. The black guy with him is the guy that I'm talking about there, Sam Richardson. Okay, So Tim Robinson's characters going Quick and Loans, Quick and Loans, Bick and Bones, and then.
Speaker 1: And he goes like that's something.
Speaker 2: And then Sam Richardson's characters like, why is our first instinct to rhyme everything?
Speaker 1: And he goes little question.
Speaker 2: The process and by the way, picking bones ain't nothing. So there's just this moment where the first thought is Quicken Loans picking Bones. Cut to they present this thing there was presenting to Quick and Loans and they go, we've come up with a mascot. You guys need a mascot because people want to get a loan, but they don't trust you. If you had a mascot, they'd trust you. And this is several scenes later from Bick and Bones when they said that originally. And then they decide to abandon the pitch and they leave up this poster board that has the mascot like shrouded behind a curtain, and the people in the board meeting are like, well, we got to see what they were going to pitch for this, for this this uh you know, mascot, And they pulled back the curtain and it's just a like skeleton that's like wearing a top hat.
Speaker 1: And his name is Bicken Bones.
Speaker 3: We're like, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: And I Chris made me sweatpants and a sweatshirt with bick and Bones on it, and the character on it my phone screen is bick and Bones because it just makes me laugh all day long. It's it's just a shitty image because you can't Oh, he doesn't even have a top hat. He's just a skeleton. For some reason, I thought that. But bick and Bones, quick and loans, I say it all the time. I say bick and Bones. I'm obsessed. So Sam Richardson. Final thought, I'm at the after party Sam Richardson. But which, by the way, Chris and I've already clocked that he's there because we were at the event. We're like, oh my god, Sam's here, Oh my god, it would be so cool to talk to him. I've met Sam before, years and years ago, probably twenty seventeen, Chris and I were broken up. Sam was not bick and Bones to us yet. It wasn't Detroit or to me. He was just on veep to me at that time, which was still a huge deal. But I remember meeting him at a party and being very nervous and I think I bombed on that set at this house party he was at is a weird setting for a comedy show at a house party. But he was really nice to me afterwards, and I think we've maybe DMed over the years, like just said good job about something, but I didn't. I don't feel like I know him. He I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's him at after party and was like Nikki and I was like Sam Richardson and I and Chris is still walking the direction I was just walking before I turned around.
Speaker 1: So I grabbed Chris and I'm like, I cook Sam. And so Chris is like, Sam knows who you are.
Speaker 2: Like Chris and I were broken up when I met Sam, so like he wouldn't even know that I know him, and I don't think and it's not something that i'd be like before.
Speaker 1: Chris like I.
Speaker 2: So it was really cool that Chris was like, wait, why are you talking to our favorite person ever? And then I go, Sam, you won't even believe it. And I go, we are watching Detroit's right now. We're late to the game, but it's the greatest show ever. He's like, Oh, that's so awesome, and I go, I go look at my what my phone screen is and he was like he was even like, I don't even get that reference.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was such a nothing moment. Maybe he didn't say that. He was like, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 2: My my Christmas gift was a sweatshirt with pick and bones written on it.
Speaker 1: So it's just this great.
Speaker 2: Moment where I was saying this very obscure thing from this thing that he did.
Speaker 1: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: And I also met Laurie Grenier from Shark Tank I Love Love. We were both wearing the same color, we had the same color hair, kind of looked alike.
Speaker 3: That was very exciting, so cute.
Speaker 2: We're walking out and I was like, should I say something like Chris and I both walked by her?
Speaker 1: You were She did because I presented, well, I know, but did she know who you are before that?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Questionable? But I wouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. But it wasn't like. I was like.
Speaker 4: She came up and I was like, oh, your podcast host Nikki Glazer, right, yeah, I listen.
Speaker 6: To your podcast.
Speaker 2: She was so nice, but I was a little bit worried because I wanted to say something to her.
Speaker 1: But it was the end of the night.
Speaker 2: We were on our way out and we had just said to goodbye to so many people, and we kept getting stopped and it was just like and then I was like, no, it's too I have to say something. I just I have to follow my own rule. If you respect to celebrity, you like their work, you got to tell them. And so I went back and I was like, I put down like all this plates of food that I was stealing to take to my car, and I was like, Marie, I was like, I love you. She was like, oh, you were fantastic. I she was like, my heart is comedians. When I see a comedian, I just think my heart.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that meant.
Speaker 2: But she loves, she loves, she loves what female comics is, especially if done.
Speaker 1: We all have to stick together.
Speaker 3: She was nice. Laurie is usually I'm out, but she was in. She was she was so in, and she asked for my number.
Speaker 2: She gave me her phone and she said put in your number, and I thought, this is never going to happen.
Speaker 1: She texted me today and asked her the pictures that we took. Oh my god, I know she's a big fan.
Speaker 2: She might come see me at the Hollywood Bowl on May ninth, Thlinson and Michelle Buteau and Sarah Silverman.
Speaker 3: Yes, Taylor Talent. It's on that list too. Yeah, wow, when is that? When is that a ninth You'll be there? Can I come? Yeah, you'll become It's the Hollywood Bowl. I'll probably never the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who have you seen there?
Speaker 3: Steely Dan?
Speaker 1: Steely Dan? Who took you there?
Speaker 3: You did? You were doing a show and you were sent us to get baby said by.
Speaker 2: Because you guys didn't want to come to the show, and so you were visiting me in La and I go, Steely Dan is at the Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have Steely Dan babysit us.
Speaker 3: It was awesome. Yeah, one of the best.
Speaker 1: Jack Black. I'd do it again. Oh my god, we love I love I love Steely Dan just so so.
Speaker 4: Detroitter's I've done the research. Now, two seasons, ten episodes per season, so it's only twenty episodes total.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's not three seasons.
Speaker 4: No, it's two seasons. And they were hoping for a third season and got canceled, and according to an interview in the Indie wy or Sam Ridge don't fucking know it all. I was okay, Sam Richardson not happy about the demise of Detroiter's. They really wanted a third season, and then Comedy Central went ahead and fucked it up essentially and fuck up to Tim.
Speaker 1: Found its voice right away.
Speaker 2: It usually takes the most season to figure out what the show is that.
Speaker 7: Where is so good? Can you imagine the bid the show you watched. Imagine Detroiter's never came out. Can you imagine the bidding war that would occur if Tim Robertson and Sam Richardson for the first time, we're pitching a show together.
Speaker 6: Something right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, something right now. I mean, these guys stars have skyrocketed, so Comedy Central plan.
Speaker 2: What is Comedy Central supposed to do if something's not performing well ratings wise, just keep investing in it. I'm not trying to like be on their side because I get that they fucked me over too.
Speaker 1: They've also given me amazing opportunities. But what are they supposed to do? Brian?
Speaker 4: People aren't watching it either.
Speaker 1: It's gold.
Speaker 4: The the reason they decided to cancel it despite the fan base, is because of low ratings. But Sam Richardson says in the Indie Wire interview that it had low ratings because of decisions that Comedy Central made.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't disagree with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, like one of the things they did was season two they held onto because he believes they were probably trying to shop it to some other network, and then when they didn't find a buyer for it, they did a summer release and it was like up against like sports basically, and so he's like, why would anybody nobody watches TV this way if they have the opportunity to watch the NBA finals it live or a Comedy Central sitcom, they're going to watch the NBA Finals and then kind of what happened with Not Safe. They don't put stuff, especially at the time. They don't put stuff online until way after it came out. So it's like, how do people kept going up to Sam Richardson in according of the article saying how do I watch season two of Detroiter's how do I watch it? And he goes, well, you have to download the CC app and that's how you watch it, and of course nobody's going to do that. A great example of this is the final season of broad City one of the most popular shows on Comedy Central of all time. Most people did not watch the final season of broad City until eight months after came on air because it then was released on Hulu. You couldn't see it for eight months. Like Ali is a huge broad City fan. She watched every episode multiple times, and then the last season came out and she couldn't see it. She couldn't watch it anywhere. It wasn't not anything. And you know that Comedy Central they used to at least wait and exorbitant amounts of time before they allowed it to be on places like Hulu. And so that's kind of what happened to Detroiter's. And then it was canceled and fizzled out, and they would have done a season three. They were waiting for it.
Speaker 1: The way you just said wait, they were gonna wait.
Speaker 2: It sounded exactly like the guy at stopped like for blind people.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, no, wait, let me say something, Brian that uh it was amazing and you just looked that up.
Speaker 5: And synthesized it. He synthesized so much in such a little amount of time.
Speaker 4: I got, well, I had a little bit of the information already in my head because I knew there was. I've read this article before. I think about this because like, why is Detroiter's why only twenty after the.
Speaker 2: Last time we got done with the podcast, Mom just goes, Brian is so smart.
Speaker 3: Well, you just know so much, Brian, he really does. And then you just dug that up so quickly. Well it's it's Google. Well you don't know what to google things, so I think.
Speaker 1: That's what you google. Or I thought I thought I.
Speaker 3: Was a good Googler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I learned this, Bryan. It's really good. Whenever I don't know something, I look at it up. And I learned this from being married to Ali, where I realized that most people when they don't know something, they don't go look it up to try to learn it, right, Like Ali never goes to look it up to Like if we're like if we're driving past the college on the road it's like a like Pierce College, some small college, I'll be like, I wonder what that college is all about, Like how many people go to that college. I'll go look that up and then learn about Pierce College. And Ali wouldn't. So if we're on the road and I'm.
Speaker 2: Driving, that's not interesting. I think that's what she probably would if she was interested in it.
Speaker 4: But that's why I know about things, because I just whenever I see something like that, I just think it and then I know it.
Speaker 3: Well, you're just interested.
Speaker 2: And your brain has can hold a lot of details and stuff obviously, yeaah, so that must be it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: I don't think of.
Speaker 1: Any other highlights I have from the after party. How how long did you stay? We've probably stayed in hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Where was it?
Speaker 1: It was a pretty long time.
Speaker 2: It was out. It was in downtown LA at the Convention Center. Oh and it was at the center. Yes, sorry, would you change your fooge? No, traffic was not bad getting down there, Oh it was. There was like a lot there getting down there. You know, I come from West Hollywood all the way to downtown LA. It was like a forty minute drive in the car. My dress cannot be wrinkled. So I'm just like I first at normally and then I all of a sudden looked down. I'm like, oh my god, it's so wrinkled, and I'm like, oh no, there's a red carpet. Like the reason you do these things is not the red carpet. You just want to get that photo. The event itself doesn't matter. Everything is about what you post on Instagram, having that photo on the red carpet, saying you were there. Like I could take a million photos in the lobby of my hotel and it doesn't do what it does if you have a red carpet one, it doesn't speak to the industry. I'm part of this. I'm moving, I'm shaking. I'm literally shaking because it's freezing outside. Was it, Yes, but they didn't have a red carpet when I first got there, and I was like, what, Like, sometimes you get to things and they go it happened before, Yes, it did happen before. I was late for the critics' choice of words carpet, but this time there was no carpet, and I go, there's no carpet.
Speaker 1: What am I here for? Like no offense, but like, we all want a picture.
Speaker 2: I've spent five thousand dollars getting styled for this freaking thing, right, And then they go, no, it's after. So I did get a red carpet picture, but it was after I presented, Oh, I seem your dress out, so I went they pulled me to go see my dress backstage before I presented, an hour and a half before I presented. So I am in these Dulhane Gabana heels that are amazing. They hurt, So I was standing for an hour and a half before I even went. So this is just backstage standing. And then thank god I had a I gave my ladies gave me a blazer to wear with my thing because I was freezing. And then I present the ward and then I have to go walk around and do the red carpet and different press stuff and then finally back to the seat. And then afterwards we have to walk to the convention center, which is about a quarter of a mile, and it is freezing up and it's.
Speaker 1: Like Chicago fed those heels. Yes, it was well.
Speaker 2: By the time I got to the party, I was like, bab I can't I go. And I was trying to get him to understand. I was like, imagine you got caught your foot in a bear trap and now you have to walk with that on your foot, Like it's already hurts just sitting still, but now I have to walk, Like I I'm so over this. I was hobbled, but then then I couldn't walk anywhere. I wasn't able to socialize. We had to leave earlier than we probably would have wanted to, and given he could have, but I didn't want to be the girl being carried. I didn't want to be the happened. Yeah we could, I mean, but I should have brought flats. Next time, I will bring flats. I learned my lesson. But it's like that ruin. You need a bag, Yeah, bag that will hold your flats, but then your bag ruins your outfits, so you have to have a boyfriend to hold the bag.
Speaker 1: And then he would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like then my bag broke and Tom's and pet obismal went.
Speaker 1: Flying everywhere on the floor.
Speaker 2: When I was looking for christ I was already walking alone in this party, and everyone's looking at me, like that girl's alone.
Speaker 3: And then my bag I felt like a giveaway. And then it fucking spilled even more.
Speaker 2: Yes all my I d one hundred dollars bill toms and kept Obysmo's scattered everywhere. Wait, those are tablets not No, the tom's like were in a container.
Speaker 3: The liquid pepped up.
Speaker 2: No little tablets, okay, but still it was just everywhere on the carpet. So embarrassing because I was already looking alone at a party, like a girl looking for someone for like a really long time. And I could tell people were like, she looks sad and desperate, but I kind of didn't care.
Speaker 4: But then my bag could have been worse. Could have been like gas X and emodium or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there could have coke, Yes, yeah, that would have been. People had been like, let me get in on that. You don't have to be lonely anymore, little girl. I would have been talking to people already if I was on coke. I was so not in that frame of mind of like when your feet hurt, when you're in pain, like I said before, even the headache, you should get out of life.
Speaker 3: You're in pain with your fate.
Speaker 1: No, don't do anything.
Speaker 2: And I looked around trying to find Chris at this thing? Where was I say to Chris, I go, I can't find you because imagine every woman is dressed in the same dress. Imagine how difficult that would be, even though we're all different sizes and have different color hair. Imagine how impossible it would be to find you. Every man is in the same fucking thing, which I feel bad for you guys, because you can't wear your heat. Where was he he was because he had so many people there. I sent him off a lot of times because I was like, I just want to stay at the stable, and he would come back for me. But then I would wait and wait and I'd go, actually, I think I can walk, and I'd start just like tiptoeing around all about you, moving.
Speaker 4: And expressed himself. He was wearing a chocolate themed suit.
Speaker 1: That's true. Kid cuttie was all. I was like.
Speaker 2: I told someone he's his wife or girlfriend is the only person who can find him because he was wearing this dazzled sequined pink tucks.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what a lucky lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, set Chris up in that.
Speaker 4: There was an event where at the same event, they were celebrating Saltburn, where guy slurps up, come from a tub and wonka. It's the same events. We're given awards.
Speaker 1: At Saltburn being celebrated.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I thought, did anyone.
Speaker 1: Win awards for it?
Speaker 3: I was mentioned anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I think you need to see it. It's so nuts.
Speaker 3: I probably will see this.
Speaker 2: It's nuts, so Dad will be uncomfortable because it's g a y and I just think me straight men are still not on board with that.
Speaker 1: They should be.
Speaker 3: I like that this is but it's it's some I love what he's going, but I mean even Dad's friends made a comment about that guy with nail polish on that was on our show. Those were neighbors, older neighbors.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dad's older neighbors, people that Dad was playing ping pong with or something. There was a gay man on We Are Family who won seventy five thousand dollars because he guessed my name and he had painted nails.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even like a flaming. It's it's even matter. Here's a guy with painted nails, and these people keep up. My dad was like.
Speaker 2: Hanging with some old men and they were like, oh, I put you. I bet you really wanted to hug that guy. They were like making homophobic jokes. Yeah this guy, and my dad was like, I did want to hug him. He was amazing. Yeah, he was the nicest guy ever. And he just want a bunch of money because he gets my daughter's name.
Speaker 1: And they were like, oh, I bet you did. He would have loved that. It's just like, kid, what is this weird? Buddy Comedy from nineteen eighty eight. I like don't even know who talks like that anymore.
Speaker 3: That was eye opening. Yeah, a few more.
Speaker 5: Years until it's a thing of the past because those people I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because they'll be dead. That's true, all right, all right, never aligning, Noah over here. Yeah, she's looking to the future. She's raising the next generation.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the next generation saying that sucks too. Everyone says that, like, over the course of time, the racist people will die and then we'll eventually reach this nirvana. But every generation is going to have some shit that they suck and then they need to die for and they'll never end. It's just going to be endless generations of shit.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: Well, because we're all jealous of the younger generation because they're a little bit because they're younger.
Speaker 4: Because they're younger, and the regeneration, there's going to be so many gay guys that the straight people will be the minority, and then they're going to be weird and nervous around the straight guys.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. Yeah, that's going to be that'll be fun. Let's get there, all right.
Speaker 2: We will be back next week to talk about Tyler Henry that we're going to see tonight. I can't wait, so stay tuned for that. And next week we were also going to be on the road. Brian and I are going to be in Fort Pierce and Daytona Beach, Florida, Friday and Saturday. That's the nineteenth and twentieth of January. Come see us there. Can't wait to meet you guys.
Speaker 6: The May Show.
Speaker 3: That's the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Hollywood Bowl May ninth. If you're in the LA area, plan a trip to LA around it. You get to see me, Taylor Thomason, Michelle Bute, and Sarah Silverman.
Speaker 1: I'm that's going to be insane at the.
Speaker 2: Hollywood Bowl iconic. I can't even believe it.
Speaker 1: So I don't even know. I don't know what order we're going, and that'll be weird, I guess.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's always like a weird thing where you're like, whose ego is going to prevail on this?
Speaker 1: Who we all want? We all want to.
Speaker 2: Be in the closer position because we'd all like to think we're like the best, because the closer.
Speaker 4: Is the person Taylor, Tom Watson, Nikki Glazer and.
Speaker 1: Sarah Silverman's I'll probably open.
Speaker 2: I feel like I will take the hit as the least famous person of all those people.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't even know who.
Speaker 4: Michelle you know, but I'm your Dolos Sarah Silverman probably close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we'll see. I'm okay with opening. I'll open, That'll be fine. I just want to be able. I want to sing at some.
Speaker 6: Point in that place.
Speaker 1: I think we need to do Ammes whole thing.
Speaker 2: I might get the girls together to come up with some kind of fun closing thing that sounds fun to me.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see. All right, guys, get those
Speaker 2: Tickets and don't be kit and dig watch Saltburn and let me know what you think.