Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson and you're listening.
Speaker 2: To Popping Off. So we are recapping episode five. It starts with Macy and Michaela telling their husbands that the weekend was filled with drama. Whitney's telling her the mom that the weekend sucked despite the social media pictures looking like they all had a blast.
Speaker 1: Isn't that social media or that one of those Instagram versus reality right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Then Jen is telling Zach that a lot of hurtful things were said. Taylor's questioning things about her friendship, wondering if she wants to be friends with these people anymore. She's telling this to Dakota and then she's like, maybe you're my only friend and I'm like, oh, hell no, oll.
Speaker 1: You need you need to rethink that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Demi calls it an absolute bloodbath. Whitney claims Demi started attacking her out of nowhere and cries to her mom about these girls. I think to myself, can mom talk survive this at least twice a day now? And I think it can't?
Speaker 1: Do you think that a lot? Are you just driving and You're like, I don't know, can mom talk survive this?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I don't drive, but when I'm being driven by now Bella who has their permit, which is so exciting, I'm like, she's like, I have to get one hundred hours. I'm like, ah, you have to drive. But yeah, I think about it. I think about it a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why they constantly ask if mom talk can survive, Like what does that fundamentally mean? Because they clearly all make videos together, whether they hate each other or not. I think they're very focused on the fact that when they make videos together it does better, so they put those whatever personal differences they have. I feel like they don't care. They're just more about making social media content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just want to get that bag. They're like, whatever way we can get the money. Who cares that we all hate each other? But also like, were you even friends in the first place? And of course mom talk can survive this. Mom talk was built because of this, right.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't understand the constant can mom talk survive bomp bomb bomb? It's like, yeah, can because you all, all you care and all you focus on is making content together and you don't care about anything else.
Speaker 2: About the repercussions right, anything else, of course it will well. Then Jesse to me and Layla are getting swig Aka they're Mormon crack, and there's a sign for fruity pebbles rice crispies, and they joke that Whitney must have been there to put the sign for them to me orders a thirty two ounce Texas Tab which is doctor Pepper, vanilla and coconut cream. Demi orders is very specific. She gets forty four ounce Fighter, which is forty four ounces of sparkling water with sugar free coconut, sugar free vanilla, sugar free raspberry, sugar free pineapple, and coconut cream. That sounds discussed, it does. And then Layla gets a forty four ounce Bloody Wild, which is a mountain dew with mango and strawberry pure. Plus she adds coconut cream.
Speaker 1: I feel like that everybody has the coconut cream.
Speaker 2: Listen. I feel like a glass of wine might be healthier.
Speaker 1: With coconut cream. You know, hold the coconut cream.
Speaker 2: But then Layla is having a divorce party and they're wondering if Whitney will show up.
Speaker 1: Do you think Whitney is as calculated as she looks about when she shows up, how she shows up, not showing up, showing up late, or do you think that's more of production kind of molding her into the villain.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we have to keep in mind that Whitney officially left the mom Talk group message and blocked dem on, TikTok and Instagram. So I think whenever you leave a group chat like that in kind of a dramatic fashion.
Speaker 1: How is it traumatic when you leave a group chat?
Speaker 2: Is it like because you it says like this person has left the group?
Speaker 1: How do you how do you make it? You can't make it dramatic. It just is what it is. It just says this person left.
Speaker 2: No, it's dramatic because you're all filming a television show together, all supposed to be talking about it. I mean I think that it makes it seem like she's going away and you guys should all panic because without her, I'm like, don't worry. Without her, they'll, you know, bring somebody else to the mud. It's fine, we get we'll get into other relationships.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not going to get those you know, nick you RSV videos anymore? With her gone?
Speaker 2: Are the farting and flipping over or once.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then while they're talking about her leaving the group chat and they're all discussing how you know she just wants people to check on her and do this and that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then Demi says she's refusing to cater to Whitney's victim mentality and she obviously left the group chat to gain sympathy. But then Jesse's like, well, with Whitney gone and Taylor not really caring to me, are you going to be the queen Bee? Could you imagine talking like this?
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I know, I know the conversations right, that these are actual real conversations.
Speaker 2: Going on, Like this is worse than the drama and like slate sixth grade class right escus which kids are gonna wear what Halloween costumes and be in groups? And like I can't see.
Speaker 1: I know I'm going through that same conversation with Annabel because she said that everybody is going to be like a traffic cone and I'm like, well, you better make sure everybody's a traffic cone because if they all decide and don't tell you, you're going to show up as a traffic code and everybody else is going to be like a palorpuff girl or something, and you're a traffic cone, so make sure you know what's going on, like.
Speaker 2: Stay alert and then leaving certain kids out and all that. And I'm like, Slate, you got to just go with the flow, Like fine if you want to be a Disney princess with all the girls, but it's not even a Disney princess. Like I'm like, it's gonna be arial. So I'm like, do I get a red wig? Should we do this? Should we do that? Do you need a mermaid to holl She's like, no, Mom, no wigs, sea shells for the hair, a green skirt and then a purple top from Addicted Addicted spelled e ed ik t.
Speaker 1: D oh Adicted Addicted addicts sead And they're all wearing the same shirt and different colors and different princesses.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's better than traffic cone.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is better until you have to go to the grove and wait in line and addicted to get a scratchy tank top for your daughter to wear for Halloween costumes.
Speaker 1: Can we just go back? Can I just say one thing? I just want to point out how annoying Whitney is that she left the group chat and then wanted everybody to tech started to ask her why she left the group chat. That's so Whitney.
Speaker 2: It's so whitney. Also, Whitney explaining the story to her mom is so whitney because everybody else is kind of on point with where the story is, but then she's explaining it. But Whitney and Connor are making homemade animal crackers with their kids. Honestly, I'd rather cut my face off than make homemade animal crackers.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was the thing. I didn't know you could make homemade animal crackers. Giving trad wife, giving trad wife. Yeah, no, who doesn't give tradwife? Me or you? I have no idea what you're talking about. I was planning on making some homemade animal crackers right after this.
Speaker 2: I was actually planning on planting my own grass growing up.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what I made Shane for dinner last night. This is okay, this is tradwife right here. Hamburger helper.
Speaker 2: You know what I love? Hamburger helper. Was it the creamy one or the red one?
Speaker 1: It's like the creamy one. He loves it. It's his favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: I have like eight thousand boxes of hamburger helper in my pantry because that's all he ever wants.
Speaker 2: Can you make me hamburger helper?
Speaker 1: I will make you hamburger helper.
Speaker 2: I would like that.
Speaker 1: I would like that, but only if we make like a social media reel or something.
Speaker 2: People how to make it. As if they were so difficult.
Speaker 1: Right, we could tell people how to be a trad wife and we could make hamburger helper.
Speaker 3: So first what we do is we drive to the grocery store and it can't be a Gelson's because they don't carry such chemicals. So then we go over to Ralph's and we pick up a hamburger helper creamy style. Yes, Then you put it into.
Speaker 2: A pan, add water, and then you add raw meat and you just mix it together.
Speaker 3: Then you feed it to said husband.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Tap the link for more hot tips from trad wives.
Speaker 2: But Whitney's leveled. It's admirable, it's great. Macy thinks mom Talk needs Whitney and they should all try to make amends. But then Whitney openly states there wouldn't be a mom Talk without her Okay, let.
Speaker 1: Me ask who started the whole mom Talk idea of bringing all these women together? Was it Taylor or was it Whitney? Like where did the original idea?
Speaker 2: Taylor?
Speaker 1: Taylor? So why does she act like it wouldn't exist without her?
Speaker 2: Because I think she thought Taylor went off the rails. Well, and the two girls that aren't even on the show, the ones involved in the actual swinging legend, Yeah, they're the ones that originally started it. But it's either way, either do it or don't do it. It's like somebody's saying, like, I'm not gonna I don't want to be on the show anymore.
Speaker 1: Then leave right because they say they don't want to be on the show because they want everybody to say no, but we want you on the show. You should be on the show. Zip.
Speaker 2: It either be on the show and cause some drama like you naturally do.
Speaker 1: Or go relief, I mean.
Speaker 2: And then Taylor and Dakota show up to Jen and Zach's house. Jen feels responsible for the divide within mom Top because she didn't invite half the girls to the baby blessing. To make amends, Jen and Zach are going to give Dakota a crash course on how to be a parent. They're showing him how to make a bottle, change a diaper section, boogers out of a baby's nose. Dakota tries all these things on Luca, who's maybe the calmest baby ever. Right, Taylor would give him a bee on his performance. And then Taylor refuses to be pressured by anyone Dakota, her family, or her religion to get married when she's not ready. Smart move, shouldn't get ready.
Speaker 1: But here's my question, why didn't she use that same like logic and putting her foot down as far as getting pregnant.
Speaker 2: That was a really dramatic side that I just had. But it's yeah, I was thinking of it, like, I don't know, because I've never really understood the concept of like having a baby to save a relationship type mentality, solely because I think having kids is hard.
Speaker 1: But okay, so you think she got pregnant to try to save the relationship, but she draws a line as far as getting married like having a baby's fine.
Speaker 2: I think there is in toxic relationships like this one. I think there is a need to like want to have that constant bond of something and so that's why they were doing that, but ultimately she knew it wasn't going to work.
Speaker 1: But now, yeah, and I get that, And I think that's what bothers me about having the baby is she knows that he's not the best guy. She knows that they probably aren't going to end up together. She won't marry him, but she'll have a child with him. I guess that's where I'm like, it doesn't make sense to.
Speaker 2: Me, especially now that we know you can use birth control in LDS. Yes, when I didn't know, when I thought like maybe they were doing the pull up method it didn't work, that I could maybe get my hand, but like she had already had a like a topic pregnancy, and then she's still doubled down and.
Speaker 1: Got there again.
Speaker 2: I think he's I yes, we're only seeing the negative parts of their relationship, but most of the time in narcissistic, toxic, terrible relationships, there is an extreme high. And I think during that extreme high is when they think they should make a baby together. Then Layla brings Jen into me with her to a tattoo parlor. She has a tattoo that symbolizes her and her now ax, so she's decided to get it covered. She got married at nineteen and they had a shotgun wedding because they were pregnant. Jen finds it very courageous of Layla to walk away from a marriage, especially being LDS. Layla's going to get a tattoo for her sister even though they aren't close. Then Layla's not close with anyone her family, and she thinks that's why she rushed into marriage with Clay. Demi admits it's very common in the Mormon religion just stay in an unhappy marriage just to try to make things work. I kind of want to know why things didn't work. I don't think we've really gotten into this information less I miss something with Leila and her ex.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I don't think. I really feel like with Layla there's there's a lot more there and we're just not seeing it. I think she's not as open as the other women. I think she's maybe they're not showing her storyline yet. That's true too, I mean, obviously there's going to be more. I can't imagine that there isn't another season after this, so maybe they're going to delve deeper into the personal stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do. I don't help me think back, like if you are on Housewives, if your ex isn't in it, Like could Shane talk about his ex as much as he wants as long as he doesn't show a picture of her?
Speaker 1: You know, I do talk about his X and never show it. So because she's not on the show, she's not on the show. Yeah, I don't. I don't know. Yeah, but I mean they show Katie like saying stuff about her ex, but she's also all.
Speaker 2: Over the press, you know what I'm saying, Like her stuff is all over the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, so you're saying it's out there publicly already.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying there seems to be drama surrounding it that is getting you know, it's contradictory. Like I mentioned that when I was on Beverly Hills, I mentioned that I was married before like the women had asked me, I talked. There was nothing I hit about it, There's nothing salacious about the story. It was like I got married young. Yeah, and then we realized we were good friends and that was kind of it. And I don't think they ever showed that either. And then people were like, hey.
Speaker 3: We saw that Teddy was on in style.
Speaker 2: Weddings with her first husband, and she hid that she was married. I'm like, right, no, I talked about it. Shame of my game, right.
Speaker 1: Well, And you know, sometimes I feel like they don't use it because it's just not pertinent to what's going on. You know, it's not like they're leaving it out for some reason other than they have to cut things.
Speaker 2: And also, if we're not ever going to see them, right, and if.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna if that's not like a real storyline, you're not going to see that person. There's no drama there, then what's the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But if there's no drama there, then why'd they get the divorce?
Speaker 1: Why did you get divorced?
Speaker 2: I didn't have two kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, see I got I was married before too, and I got divorced just because it just didn't work out, and that we had no nothing. We had no kids, no assets, no nothing. It was easy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and there's still no hard feelings. I'm not mad about it. Once, every like six years, I mean to text Matt our producer, and then I accidentally text my ex husband Matt, and I'm like, yeah, then I just deleted his number from my phone. So I was like, this can't happen. But I mean, I don't know, I don't get it. But then they go to the race, all of the mom Talk girls besides Whitney, Taylor, and Gin. They get into jumpsuits and they spray paint all over each other. Meanwhile Whitney is at home once again baking. Bake your family. Why are all of Whitney's scenes baking? Do you think they're all filmed in one day and she's just changing outfits or this is no.
Speaker 1: I think that's what she I think she wants to come across that way, like she's this traditional wife that takes care of her family and is a good mom. Because I'm sure they're like, hey, we're going to come over and film, you know, so make sure you're doing something like you know, yeah, you can't just sit there. So I think she always wants to bake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, then she's but hurt because she wasn't invited the paint splatter place. She assumes Taylor wasn't invited only because she's pregnant, and then Whitney hints to Connor that she would like to be pregnant too. Whitney thinks it's so funny that after she left the group chap, no one called her directly. They called Macia funny. Funny's an interesting word to you.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: But why is she questioning that she didn't get invited to the paint splatter thing when she left the group chat?
Speaker 2: Like she's a nap chat you've been, You've told everyone I no longer want to be a part of this group.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but then she expects an invitation. That's what kills me about her. She's so delusional.
Speaker 2: This is like what the young kids say, but like that she's a pick me.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Annabel says that all the time I had no idea what it meant.
Speaker 2: And then I started wondering, am I pick me? But then nobody would pick me?
Speaker 1: So you're here a wanna be pick me? Then?
Speaker 2: Whitney claims if she saw someone else leave the group chat, she would immediately call and ask them if they're okay. I'm like, you're not even showing up to events, right, You're so full of shit. She is so full of shit, But she's not saying that's why she did it though, mm hmm. She left the group chat because she needed space. If you needed space and you're leaving a group chat, I would send a message and say, hey, guys, I'm not mad at anybody, I'm just going through a lot, so I'm removing myself from the chat for a little bit. I love you all. I'll be back once life settles down.
Speaker 1: Or you could just not look at the group chat, Like are you on group chats that you just never look at I am. I'm on like some group chat that has to do with like Annabel something that has a bunch of moms or something on it. I never look at it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like on my WhatsApp, I'm on like eighteen school group chats where they're like who's going to do the bake sale? And I'm like me to open this or respond? But I did see it come in, but yeah no. But also, if you're in my top six, you know, do you have that on your phone? Like the top six at the Yeah, sometimes I don't see them come in if they're in the top six, I have a top nine nine. But then you have no room for text. That just makes me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't make it, it's just like that. I don't know. But there's a top in nine, but you're not in there.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you're not online either.
Speaker 1: Because you barely respond to my text. My text do you you reply like forty eight hours later?
Speaker 2: But if you DM me, how quick do I respond immediately?
Speaker 1: Immediately?
Speaker 2: My text give me so much anxiety because there's so many of them that I honestly like, I looking at my text messages gives me Rachel.
Speaker 1: Now I know how to get a hold of you. I got to get on Instagram and DM you to get ahold.
Speaker 2: And then you got Then you got me right back. If you get a good meme, I'm your girl.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Then they talk about macy launching a business called Baby Mama. It's a line of natal supplements for women who are going through their motherhood journey. Macy's invited Taylor to her photo shoot for Baby Mama, and Taylor brought Dakota.
Speaker 1: I know, I thought this was so odd and I really had to question did she bring him because she really wanted to bring him? Or did production? I always am questioning did production say, Hey, why don't you bring Dakota?
Speaker 2: But then the weirdest part of it all wasn't even that she just brought. You know, there are people that bring their significant others, which yes, I'm not one of those people.
Speaker 4: But then to ask for the ignancy photo with no shirt, I mean, granted, I have the most cringe.
Speaker 2: First, Like when I was pregnant with slate photo shoot with me and Edwin, he doesn't have a shirt on it. I'm wearing like a shirt that's like draped like this with my boat and he's like holding underneath, and it's honestly, I see it, and I get so embarrassed for myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, but let me ask you, did you take those photos at someone else's photo shoot business photo shoot? Right?
Speaker 2: I do it in my own home with my friend like and my husband.
Speaker 1: So now so slightly less cringey, not, I mean a little.
Speaker 2: Less, a little less I mean not great, I mean not. I mean I don't have any of them framed in my home.
Speaker 1: You know they're gonna put one in here though, for for a social media.
Speaker 2: But that's to Emily's boolah shoot. Yes, apped with kids rabbits. Oh could you not find like an adult themed wrapping.
Speaker 1: Paper for the No? I couldn't I have. I clearly have children, young children.
Speaker 2: Here's my boot wash shoot.
Speaker 1: And then spongebobs like some.
Speaker 2: Yes yeah I've died, or like little cars.
Speaker 1: It was I think I think it was construction trucks.
Speaker 2: It was so good. But either way, Macy doesn't trust Adakota, considering there's been rumors that he's cheated on Taylor. Dakota decides this is the perfect opportunity to get some free professional photographs of him and Taylor. He takes off a sh shirt and this all goes on. But then we're done with this awkward exchange and it's time for Laylist divorce party. Yes, would you like to go into the theme? What is oh?
Speaker 1: It's funeral themed, which I actually found amusing.
Speaker 2: And isn't she the only one dressed in that theme? Well?
Speaker 1: I don't even know what what is fud? All black funeral themes? So everyone shows up and all black to celebrate. Taylor isn't able to come because she isn't allowed in a bar following her arrest.
Speaker 2: I think that's perfectly love it, But why is.
Speaker 1: A funeral theme at a bar? I would have been okay, look if that was my theme, I'm all about themes for parties. If that was my theme, I would have that party at a funeral.
Speaker 2: Funeral home absolutely, or at a cemetery.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, if you're going to have a theme, go hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't just half asset and be the only one in like a black veil.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But Whitney and Connor show up and everyone is shock to see her. Connor looks like he may have thought this was a gangster party.
Speaker 1: Is this a new hairdoo for Connie Connor? This is different Connie.
Speaker 2: Now we're just constant Constance.
Speaker 1: Is this Constance's new hairdoo?
Speaker 2: Well? He tries to open a bottle of sparkling apple cider and he's extremely unsuccessful, which I was like, that's sexy. Then Layla makes her grand entrance wearing a lace dress and a black veil. Jordan, Jesse's husband, brings his friend over to Layla because he'd like to ask her out. Then Whitney pulls Jesse aside. She wants to talk to Jesse about the comment she made on the girls trip. Jesse's heard from everyone in the group that Whitney used them in one way or another.
Speaker 1: I mean, aren't they all using each other? Like, let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Using each other. And then Jesse points out that Whitney's having issues with everyone in the group. But Whitney immediately denies this and gets defensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's her go to, that's her go to. That's just like immediately defense mode, and it's never her fault, zero accountability.
Speaker 2: I need to talk to Whitney. I need to, like, I need to see if it feels different when you're actually communicating with her.
Speaker 1: You mean, like okay, like, for example, the way we felt about Janet when we were recapping the valley, but then I met her at her and I was like, oh, she's lovely, Yeah, like a lovely person.
Speaker 2: You're like, actually, Janet's moving into my house, my Casio.
Speaker 1: That's fine, She's great.
Speaker 2: Then Whitney's drama with Demi started when Whitney told Jen and dem about her being too Mormon?
Speaker 1: Is that really an insult? I feel like that's like if someone's like, you're too pretty.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You are too rich?
Speaker 1: You are too rich, and oh my god, I'm so offended, And.
Speaker 2: Especially in a group of people that are doing cutamine bachelism, uh laughing gas, Like, is being too Mormon? The worst thing is that?
Speaker 1: Like is that derogatory? Someone says you're too Mormon. I mean, I don't really get that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they meant like too Judgie. I don't know. But then Jesse adds another thing people say about Whitney. She's very quick to tell everyone what others have said behind their back. Whitney's pissed that no one reached out to her. We know, Whitney, and you shouldn't have left the chat. You should have had individual conversations where you talk to people about what you're upset about. Jesse tells her it was passive aggressive for her to leave the chat and ask if she wants if it was meant to be a test.
Speaker 1: Whitney look at her starting to cry when she learns that every single girl besides Macey has said something about her back. Is she really she's really that surprised?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but also Macy has two I think.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure she has. At some point. She does defend her a lot, which kind of surprises me about Macy. And this is one of those things that you know, we did that interview with Macy, but we did it before we watched the episodes. I wish that we could have Macy back, because now I.
Speaker 2: Know can questions can we have Macy back, but I feel like, have you did you see Inside Out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The new one, no, even the first one, but you know how like everybody's in emotion. Yes, I feel like Whitney is human form of like a sigh, like she's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would she get?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: The crazy anxiety one was like the yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Er, yeah, definitely, what would you be?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is there a mean and aggressive one? Just the red face like yeah?
Speaker 2: But then Taylor invited Macey over so she and Dakota can have a talk. Macy tells him that over time, she's witnessed behavior from him that is similar to her abusive ex boyfriend. Taylor starts to tell Dakota how she feels and begins sobbing. She's not ready for marriage and the lies he was telling her in the beginning of the relationships. He'll scare her. He hooked up with someone when he and Taylor were sleeping together but not dating yet. He made her feel like she wasn't good enough. Dakota feels like she's self sabotaging and isn't in the relationship. And then meanwhile, Macy's sitting there witnessing the two of them argue Macy's like, get me out of here. Taylor tells Macy that Dakota was effing someone the day before he met her, and then he efed her all week, and then he eft someone else the day after, and.
Speaker 1: This is the this is the man that she wants to have a child with. This is where I get confused. But also like, at.
Speaker 2: What point was Macy like, can I leave this group chat?
Speaker 1: Yes, there's too many as going on.
Speaker 2: I'm all out, I'm affed out, and I want to go. But that's how we end episode five. So you guys, make sure that you keep listening and tune in for our recap for episode six.