Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today on Paul Sweeney alongside Scarlatfu and we're joined by.
Speaker 4: Bloomberg's Bailey Lipshaltz Billybody looking up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of the best performing stocks in the S and P five hundred this morning are in the airline space. This comes after Delta Air ticker dl reported earnings that beat expectations and kind of talked up guidance for fourth quarter and some of the strength they expect to continue to see into twenty twenty six. So Delta Air shares up about five and a half percent. Also keeping eye, as I mentioned, United Health or United Airlines excuse me, up close to four percent.
Speaker 4: Alaska Air trading higher.
Speaker 3: So this comes after management a bit more optimistic not only on business demand but broader travel spending, saying that they expect to see potentially a record fourth quarter for the company.
Speaker 4: People travel for holidays.
Speaker 3: But also a thing to keep in mind, as Bloomberg had reported earlier this morning, we're starting to see some of those cracks showing up with the government shutdown, what that means for the FAA and how that could impact it. So management was asked about that, basically saying that, you know, if this is extended, that could impact fourth quarter demand, but for now they're not really seeing.
Speaker 1: That show up absolutely all right, So Delta a clear winner here. You're also keeping an eye on the pharmer space, and there's some M and a yeah, m.
Speaker 3: And a Novo Nordisk acquiring a Caro Therapeutics. So Novo ADRs ticker ENVO down about one percent and a care of Therapeutics up more than sixteen percent, trading about fifty four dollars, So this is a four point seven billion dollars deal that could be bumped up if the company's drug is successful. So not only is there a fifty four dollars cash component, there's also a contingent value right Basically, Novo Nordisk trying to build out its weight loss opportunities. A Caro is not in the weight loss space, but treating the deadly liver disease is mash, not the TV show, So this is something that could build out their portfolio. Again looking through some of the quick analyst reactions, basically saying Novo has a lot of wood to chop to try to get back to where it was trading before. Management talking up this acquisition saying that they want to be able to treat not only the weight loss space, but also other issues related to the liver fatty liver as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at this and apparently MASH is one of the most prevalent obesity related to comorbidities to so you know, it's rounding outs portfolio in a very interesting holistic way.
Speaker 4: It all fits into that argument.
Speaker 3: And really this does come after Novo's drug that they were developing and the space failed, so this is kind of trying to replace that. As we see again, not only are some of the shot weight loss shots we go vi ozepic being pretty successful, there is uncertainty again with potential pills and also once those things lose their patents, so trying to stay ahead of the game and trying to build it out. This again, according to analyst expectations, could be a billions upon billions of dollars of potential revenue, so a big purchase for Novo Nordice. But again just a small kind of step in the direction.
Speaker 4: For the company. All Right, one more Walkware. Yeah, keep an eye on MP materialsticker.
Speaker 3: MP up about five percent, seeing a rally across US listed rare earth and critical mineral stocks. This comes after reports that China is going to apply a default ban on defense sector exports of those materials, so investors piling into companies that are tied to the US government trying to secure some of those non China supply chains for rare earths.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.