Speaker 1: How'd you feel about today?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 3: It is like going back home right in some respect every time I do a morning show. So like, oh, yeah, it's what I started to do. Since I was nineteen, I've been in the news business. What was in the news business? Yeah, because I used to be the editor. That's how I know Kat. I used to be her editor in two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Her and Terry were my boss.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So what do you feel is like the sweet spot? What makes a good morning situation?
Speaker 2: I you know, it's a lot of things.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like walking in New York City, or like learning how to drive in New York City.
Speaker 2: Or like learning a language.
Speaker 3: You learn all the rules and then you learn how to break them. M You understand like the pace, and you know what stories are really important, how to crash something, how to make executive decisions, how to pivot, how to deal with difficult personalities, how to pick yourself up off the floor when a crisis is happening. My first news director, Lewis Pumenta, who was so and he was a black dude with like a Spanish last name, which is this so wild in South Florida, and he's like, find something you love to do and it won't feel like work. And he also said, anytime you get a chance, put brown and black people as b roll cut them in because you know, oftentimes we just see black and brown people as a criminal or a dead body that we're talking about. And he's like, you know, people don't even know, but just like let them see. And then another tip was you have to write the news like you're talking to a five year old. Now that I have four and a half year olds, I'm like, I understand.
Speaker 1: Now, got to get the vegetables in.
Speaker 2: So hey, everyone, welcome to ADULTAG.
Speaker 3: This is Michelle Beatae with Jordan Carlos, and we are talking about Mourning TV because we just did Good Morning America. It was actually Good Afternoon in America because it's GMA three, which is.
Speaker 2: The later show.
Speaker 3: And if you were curious, no, it does not get sassy later.
Speaker 2: But you said something sassy which I don't remember. What did you say?
Speaker 4: I said that I noticed that a lot of our listeners want to know if they're okay like opening up their marriage.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I was like Jould in drop the BAM.
Speaker 4: I was like, here you go, let's mix it up a little bit, let's do it, and everybody was like, the buttle's tight.
Speaker 1: It was like, come on, y'all, that's what they asked.
Speaker 2: Well, you literally.
Speaker 3: Went from talking about your young son, yeah, being sad about giving his stuffed animals away because he's got to grow up and be a teenager, to open marriage and so.
Speaker 2: You know, it was a curveball.
Speaker 1: That's what I do.
Speaker 4: I throw a slider, curveball, change up, change the speeds, you know what, knock it back.
Speaker 2: Are you speaking English leagues? Are you speaking.
Speaker 3: What in the league of their own is going on? Are you the black Tom Hanks listen?
Speaker 1: I mean they were grabbing the wrong pig by the ear. I was like, I am going.
Speaker 3: To please, if you're listening, don't grab any pigs by the ear. Oh my god, it was so nice to see you on morning television because it felt like you're finally getting your flowers shut the front.
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, stop you're the one. Okay, fine, thank you, But also I'm not the one who walked away with a giant gold chain which they draped on her shoulders head the end of this recording, which you can see, we will definitely put it on the ig page. So it was insane and it was just like, oh my god, look at my friend.
Speaker 1: They love you there, they love you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love them too. I have a lot of good friends there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When you graduate college, you think that you're supposed to all of a sudden become an adult and you don't. But it really is like your first job out of college, like your coworkers, that you bond with those people, especially if they're older people, they have more of an impact on your life and you know how you walk through the world as an adult. And so I was so happy that I basically met every black woman that works in the Tri State area in the local news business, because I am still friends with most of them and like good friends, and like we are happy for each other when we see each other because we know that my win is there when and vice versa, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, shouting them out, Yeah, and like they were so cool a Kat and then Terry who oh.
Speaker 2: We name a name.
Speaker 1: Sorry that I mean they're we name a name name. We love Terry out here.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, it's just like really cool that they look out for you, that they want the best for you. They're trying to put you in a position to succeed, you know, and they trust like your skills and your and your comedy and it's it's wonderful and it's.
Speaker 2: Like and guess what, and I trust there? Oh you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's trust, you know.
Speaker 4: So just to break it all the way down, hmm, y'all need to watch the whole segment. Michelle and I came out. Michelle was definitely dropping it. I was like deer in headlights, like assist, but you were definitely dropping it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how low you would drop it. I was like yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my, yeah, it's happening. I loved it, Michelle. It was from Fit to Finish fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the question that they asked us about what have we learned through adulting like doing our podcast. But I was thinking about it on the way home and what I learned through comedy comedy like terrible shows, amazing shows, empty shows, sold out shows. I just learned how to take my space because I've earned it, you know what I mean, especially working behind the camera and now in front when someone's like okay, walk out, I'm like just walking out, bitch. Yeah, because I'm not promised tomorrow. So I'm gonna give you the one woman show that you never asked for. And half the time people are looking at me, I'm like, can you tell them the only child?
Speaker 2: But that's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's like take space in every moment, and I see a lot of people doing it now. And all I'm saying is I don't need a residual check. I just need to thank you.
Speaker 4: Whoa man? You need stamps? Why don't you get stamps and stickers? I'm tired of it. Stamp stickers and fortune cookies. That's what Michelle be Tony is.
Speaker 3: No more, Mom, I'm schlapping these T shirts all over the country.
Speaker 2: I don't need any more things.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think it's SSFC like stamps, stickers, fortune cookers, fortune fortune cookers.
Speaker 1: I'm doing like you goodbye.
Speaker 3: See See what happens when you have to use your brain super early?
Speaker 2: It gets broke, bitch. Everyone's like, are you drunk?
Speaker 3: U slurs like no, I've just been working for twenty seven hours straight.
Speaker 4: But you get excited, like you want to make a point, and then you'll do this thing and it'll be like, oh no, yeah.
Speaker 3: It sucks because like my brain will freeze or parts or another EF word, or I'll start slurring my words, and you know it's so funny. Yeah, my son oftentimes will stutter because he's like very excited, and I know that his brain is working faster than his mouth can because that happened to me when I was little. And when you get older, it's not stuttering, it's slurring. Your mouth literally can't keep up with how fast your brain is, at least mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, comedy is such a.
Speaker 3: Great way to diffuse any sort of embarrassment for yourself because I'm just like, it's shameless.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: I remember hosting a show one time at Comics and my mouth hit the microphone. Have I told you the story before that happened to you? Mouth hit the microphone. Okay, it's so gross because you're like you it feels like your mouth touched a public toilet seat, do you know what I mean? And I had a piece of rice on my lip after and I didn't have rice for dinner. Take your time, dot, everybody, take your.
Speaker 2: Time, Take your time everyone.
Speaker 3: Kist just made me a delicious cup of coffee that he's going to give to me right now.
Speaker 2: Hi, baby, I put you on mute. Thank you, baby, I love you.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. Every time we do this recording, Mama, caist comes in.
Speaker 1: What's up? Heist?
Speaker 4: Vander MOOSEA the vander Moose always comes in with a little plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Coop, Yeah, he feeds me. He just cared me the crim on top. Look at that cream on top that.
Speaker 4: Look at that phone. For those listening, you can't see. It's all good. We get the phone on the top. Oh my god, that's at least yeah, I mean that's a quarter of an inch phone right there? Did he draw something on that?
Speaker 2: Sometimes he makes a little hard I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: If you make my cappuccino this creamy, I'm gonna eat your cream.
Speaker 2: Hello, what's this thing on?
Speaker 1: So many ways to go with that. But that's that's great. You know.
Speaker 2: It was really sweet too.
Speaker 3: Speaking of supportive partners, your wife was at Good Morning America with you and it was so cute and I was taking a picture of you guys. Literally they're like pawing each other's faces. I'm like, can you guys not touch each other? And you guys are like, I'm sorry, we can't help that.
Speaker 2: She was cute.
Speaker 4: She looked like she was gonna do the weather in a minute. I was like, why it was like, it was so cute.
Speaker 2: Why were you surprised?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I was like, she's wearing the jewel's tones and like she looked good. She was having fun. She was more nervous than I was.
Speaker 2: Now, when you bring your partner to something that you're doing for the first time, does her energy feed yours in a good way where you're just like I feel relaxed, or do you feel like you have to take care of her and like host her.
Speaker 4: It's it's an ambrosia salad mm hmm. There's a couple of things happening at once.
Speaker 1: You know. It's like, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: An a rugola and strawberry balsamic mash up. You're like, what's this feeda doing here?
Speaker 1: There's so much going on at once.
Speaker 4: It took me a long time to understand that, like, you know, she wants me to do well, you know what I mean, and that this person is showed up and they are here for you mm hmm. And it took a lot of like just getting over myself and like my own insecurities to just be like, my wife's here, it's great.
Speaker 1: You know, why can't it be great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like, yes, I need to make sure that she is comfortable, and yes I need to introduce her to people. That's a part of it. That's part of the program. You know, she doesn't want all the attention. She certainly doesn't. She wants the picture in front of GMA, take a picture with you, take a picture and send it to you her friends. She's so happy that she had the experience. She's in New York or she's never been in that studio mm hmm. She was like, babe, that you showed me all the nooks and crannies of New York, a city I've lived in my whole life.
Speaker 1: I think that's like really cool.
Speaker 4: And we were just talking about that on the way back home, and I was like, ah, babe, you know, it's just nice to be able to show them aside of New York that they haven't seen when they're a native. You know, it's nuts, you know, so that all is kind of baked into it.
Speaker 3: You know, I understand. I overstand all of it. Yeah, because you know, I am maternal and I'm a host, and I want to make sure people are okay, and I feed off of energy and that's how you sort of become a good boss. But also like, you know, it is important to have me time and this is my job and this is my space, and let me navigate this and take control of it first, and then I can invite you in and then figure out who to introduce you to. Even yeah, and I think that we're definitely you are definitely at a place where you can do that.
Speaker 2: You know, you pick and choose what makes you comfortable.
Speaker 3: I remember, like the first time Kais is like, I don't want to come to your show with you tonight.
Speaker 2: You go, because I would do shows.
Speaker 3: Every night and I was like, I want to hold with me, and it was like, oh, that's not how he needs to show how he loves me, you know, Like I come back home from my show and he has my bonnet laid out on my pillow case for me, and that's love.
Speaker 1: What is Oh my god, get you one, get you one?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm teaching him about lotion and stuff and edges even though he's bald. It's great. We just oil up our elbows before we go to bed.
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean it is the kind of sign of an interracial relationship. If you see a moisturized white person, yeah, there's a very good chance that they are in an interracial relationship. So oh, white people don't believe in lotion. They think it's like the government trying to steal money from them.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, Like, I still put baby oil on my four year old kids when they come out of the bath.
Speaker 2: And he's like, when do we have to stop doing this?
Speaker 1: I'm like, never, never, you always need it.
Speaker 3: Like they like, but they dry, let's go. It's so funny. But yes, us and our white partners. Anyways, you know what, you guys, this is going to be a very special episode because we have been friends with this guy for a very long time.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think I met him before I met you, Jordan.
Speaker 1: What impossible. And by the way, now I'm offended what I don't know.
Speaker 3: I really love you guys. I does feel like a trio when we're all together. Even though we all have very separate lives, we all come together and it does feel like it's serving a fucking de grassy high that nobody would watch Slash everybody would talk.
Speaker 2: About and we have had him on the live show.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, when we were a hiatus not doing this podcast, and so he's done the live show. He does comedy, he's an actor, he's a writer, he's a host, he's a producer, he is my Persian pony. He's an irene and you what else can I say about him? He's also an author, and I'm so excited that we finally have him on the motherfucking show. I'm so sad it can't be a live show, but it's still gonna be live no matter what.
Speaker 1: So clap it up.
Speaker 3: Look at you, you clap, he's clapping, clapping it up.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything you want to say about him before.
Speaker 1: We bring him on.
Speaker 4: He's got a new book out called Undercooked. He's got his podcast, Green Eggs and Dan. I've been on that a couple of times. Loved it. I know you're gonna love him. Please give it up for the one and only Danna dude. Oh eat on number really happening?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 1: You know? Eat on number one? Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, I was still doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, sorry, guys, I was on mute. I didn't hear any of that. What was that?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, dan Kaya dude, Hi guys am, I are we live?
Speaker 1: Are we doing this or are we just bantering?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: We're live. We're so live. To the people in Times Square, what do you want to say to them?
Speaker 1: Right now? Wait?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you? I was still enjoying before you came on?
Speaker 3: It does feel like when we get together this is like an episode of De Grassy High that nobody wants to watch, but everyone's talking about. Because I don't know when we became a trio, but somehow we became the trio.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that you. I think I was. I'm the glue. I think I independently was spoken like a middle child, spoken like a.
Speaker 1: I am the glue. I am all that keeps us together.
Speaker 5: I was friends with both of you independently. And then next thing, I know, behind my bat you my glue. You used my glue behind my back.
Speaker 3: We were also getting booked on a lot of like black shows and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah damn, and you weren't. Yeah you're not black. First of all, I was getting booked on black shows.
Speaker 4: Okay, famously your first show ever that your parents came to right.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was talent to the comedian whose name was talent.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I remembered.
Speaker 1: Ballent.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, yes, I mean, can I just ask how are you, friend? How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm okay, I'm uh, you know, hanging in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a there's a lot of interesting things going on in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm also like, at the same time, trying to be funny and trying to furnish a multifamily property that I recently purchased, and trying to sell a refrigerator on Craigslist.
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to sell shit on Craigslist?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 2: That is the most persian answer I've ever.
Speaker 4: Heard in the middle of a podcast. Tell us about this place of furniture, tell us about this item.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Actually, that's the only reason I'm here. I have a ge forty inch wide fridge. Oh that is in perfect working condition?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Am I interested? I put it on Facebook Messenger. I think Facebook, not Messenger, Facebook Marketplace. I think it's a messenger. That's your first problem. Yeh, hey, mom, you want this for?
Speaker 1: What? All My relatives are like, do you They're like, do you need money? Are you okay?
Speaker 4: Is it the stainless steel one that's in your kitchen or the one that's in the upstairs apartment.
Speaker 5: No, it's the stainless steel one. But this is in this new property that I got. They left it over sure, and I'm putting it on craigslisten on Facebook Marketplace and people are recognizing me and they're like, aren't you the guy from Cobra Kai.
Speaker 1: Why are you selling shit on Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 2: Because there's a strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, even if there wasn't a strike, we're not allowed to sell things we're not worth.
Speaker 1: I know, commerce, commerce ends.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: There's always like that cool Los Angeles actor, comedian host WhatsApp thread where you're like, hey, guys, I'm selling this thing, or I need like a bedroom for a month, do you know what I mean? I feel like people probably think you know people and yet do no.
Speaker 5: I will sell I will sell Trager pellets to a motherfucker on Facebook marketplaceangs.
Speaker 1: Dollars for twenty dollars of bags.
Speaker 2: Slow down. I hope there's a metal detective in yrt house. You a gangster?
Speaker 3: Listen if people are recognizing you? What happens when you internet date?
Speaker 1: When I internet date?
Speaker 5: Well, the funny thing is, I feel like my celebrity attracts every person except for the person that I'm trying to date. I attract men from ages of twenty eight to fifty. Yum, listen up, I attract children because I was on Disney's kicking it.
Speaker 2: We're talking about dating apps. But thank you so much. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying on a date. I'm saying in the world.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm just saying the shows that I've done are all either male skewing or children skewing. And so I my celebrity does not help me in the dating world at all, right.
Speaker 1: It helps me get out of tickets. Cops love Cobra Kai.
Speaker 3: Also, we went to Disney World one time and we got treated like royalty because of your show.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was the Falafel phil falafel Phill effect.
Speaker 5: Although now the falafel Fillers are I just did a I just did a college show, which is what you and I the three of us used to do back in the day. I haven't been booked in a college in like five years probably, and I happened to have these.
Speaker 1: Two shows last week.
Speaker 5: Yo, the falafel Phills, the falafel Fillers are like eighteen nineteen twenty now like they lost Oh goddamn mine.
Speaker 1: That you were out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing because also you age well.
Speaker 1: So they're just like, yeah, do.
Speaker 2: I want to date flafful Phil.
Speaker 3: Look, that's gotta be weird, right, Like that's why Santa never ages.
Speaker 2: Hello, everyone, give me a minute.
Speaker 4: Dan ages so well that he went from ball to having hair.
Speaker 5: Well, the thing is, I thought I was losing my hair, so I shaved my head because I wanted to preempt it. I didn't want to be that person who looks like they're like holding on to vestiges of a youth. Yeah, so I shaved my head and then I like couldn't get a haircut for a while, and it started growing in and I was like, wait, I think I have hair, And then everyone thought I got hair plugs.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: Everyone thinks I have hair plugs. A lot of people think I have hair plugs.
Speaker 4: You're saying, like a cousin said that to you, and then maybe Mo said that to you, your buddy Mo, and that's it, and no one else has said that you have hair plugs at all. Okay, don't universalize that.
Speaker 5: I take propicia, though I've invested probably thirty thousand dollars of propicia into that kind of hair.
Speaker 2: Nice. That's what I like about you. Self care is not selfish? Do you know what I mean? He's out here, he doing it.
Speaker 5: I got a pedicure yesterday, which I have not done in fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Let's call it. Can I be okay? This might be a little racist? Is that? Okay? Oh boy, oh boy? Here we go in this economy. We'll see, here we go, we'll see.
Speaker 2: We can edit.
Speaker 1: My butthole is so tight? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I got bubble guts?
Speaker 1: Oh good? Is he gonna do it? I yelped? What was a good pedicurist here? I'm already out?
Speaker 3: No? We no, let's not. Let's talk about your book. Okay, talk about your book?
Speaker 1: Why? What?
Speaker 2: What made you decide to write this book?
Speaker 3: Honestly? What did your dad say when he read your book? Because I think I met your dad once in Passing because Dave brought him to like our furniture store opening, and uh, it was so funny when he walked in.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was your dad.
Speaker 3: I was just like, ooh, I feel like he knows good Friendshire, but I don't know if he's gonna buy it. And then like Dave came up to me. He's like, that's my daddy's so cheap, you won't buy anything. I'm like, okay, cool. I was like, I already got the vibe. You know, the vibe when you work in sales, right, and so yeah, what did he what did he say?
Speaker 1: What does he think? Well, I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 5: So I started walking to the pedicurist and it was two blocks.
Speaker 3: So this whole episode just needs to be called unhinged because every motherfucking thing that's Dan.
Speaker 1: Though from far away he seems like a normal dude.
Speaker 4: You get close to Dana, dude, okay, crazy, I know, it's just nuts.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is like the most danced Okay, wait, are there pedicure places that are that are run by like hot Russian women?
Speaker 1: It was weird to me. I thought something was off. Oh boy, I thought something was off. Oh boy, Why wouldn't that happen in Los Angeles? I don't know. It just seemed like a front. It seems like.
Speaker 5: Something was up and I didn't go, Oh my goodness, you did not go.
Speaker 3: We got to bring it black. I don't want to talk about your feet. And a Russia was trying to send money to her family. This is the last thing I showed up for. I have lashes on. I did a.
Speaker 2: Morning show this morning.
Speaker 1: She did, she did great.
Speaker 3: I'm a good person. I'm on my third cup of coffee. We're gonna talk about something else because there's too much to you.
Speaker 1: Not too okay my book? Oh did Michelle freeze? She did? She did.
Speaker 4: She'll be back in just a moment. But I really loved your book.
Speaker 5: Dude, Wait, why don't you hold this for when we're actually using footage?
Speaker 1: You wait till we're gonna cut out.
Speaker 4: We're gonna wait, We're gonna wait, and I'll tell you that I loved it again.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, trust me this much. Dan, we're gonna get back on the air and you're gonna be all cool, like, yeah, I don't read shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your book a little undercooked.
Speaker 1: I would never come on. We loved your book, Bud and Michelle. You had a question.
Speaker 3: I don't really remember because I froze. It's so funny because I froze. But I can also hear you guys talking about and it feels like I'm Peate Hudson in the Skeleton Key where I'm just like I hear you.
Speaker 2: You know, it's over your body. I'm like, I'm here.
Speaker 5: So you were asking about my book and what my dad's reaction was, so just real. Briefly, my book is a comedic food memoir in the style of like a David Sadaris book, but about food, not my words.
Speaker 1: The reviews. The reviews are in. Wow, compared himself favorably to David Sidaris.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, the reviews by my mother are in and oh my god. But anyway, it's like it's also like a big, big homage to my father and my relationship with my dad.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I.
Speaker 5: Was expecting a grandiose kind of oh my god, thank you for this. This is amazing from my father. And all I got was he sent me an email because there's a story in it that has some scatological elements and I'm not into scatological humor whatsoever, but like, you couldn't get away from it in the story. And my dad just wrote to me and said, good book. Don't talk about your shit.
Speaker 1: Wait, your baggage orus just like just your poo poo, No, just my poo boo. Oh my god. I spent two years writing an homage to my father.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I mean that's just immigrant stuff. I mean, Michelle and I talk about this a lot. Yeah, we will never get the praise that we want from them, which is why we keep going because we're like, I know, we are under the wrong impression that one day we will get that praise even though we never will.
Speaker 1: But man, does that drive us or at least me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the same as being a middle child Jordan, you get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Dan is actually a middle child in an immigrant situation, so it's even more compounded.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, exactly. He's an overachiever and doing a job that is very unacceptable to immigrants, you know, m Yeah, it's trifecta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which also is nice because then no one can like say anything, right, Like, they can't say you're doing it right or wrong because they don't.
Speaker 2: No, we're just out here figuring it out for ourselves. Right.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing you have, like the two extremes, right, Like I have my friend's parents who are like very heavily invested in my career, and they will just like ask me like all these inside baseball questions and I'm like, oh god, now I got to answer all these or I have my parents who are the complete opposite, and they're just like, what do you do for a living?
Speaker 2: I know, it's like a cute hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's one extreme or the other. And I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I'd prefer, but you get what you get.
Speaker 3: So at this point, when you go on a date with somebody, right you're in your forties, how much do you have to talk about yourself? How much information do you have to like really give somebody dating in your forties, do they want to know right away if you've been married or engaged, or lived with somebody, or have kids or pets, or if you're allergic or your foodologies?
Speaker 2: Like are you guys like get into all that right away when.
Speaker 3: You're dating in your forties or is it just like a say, lovey situation.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I sense like a big difference. There's definitely a little bit of like were you married, were you engaged? Were you this and that?
Speaker 2: M hmmm?
Speaker 5: Which I was engaged, So I got that. I got that under my belt.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do. I can bring that to the table. I remember I was there. You guys are both there. We love you. What what does we love you have to do with it? I don't know, George. Just now that you're supported. No, you're supported, and we love you. Jordan turns everything into a fucking AA meeting, like, dude, yeah I do. I'm just yeah, I do because I have to get through this. I have to get through this too. I'm alan on and you're AA okay, so I have to get through this. All right. You are loved.
Speaker 5: Wow, you are loved, You are seen, you are seen, you are validated.
Speaker 2: You are enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are enough. Absolutely. Yeah. But I don't know. I mean, I don't before you tell us, before you go on, let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: I love you, Oh my god. Now go ahead, now, please go ahead, now, please go ahead. I just want to Oh my god. I just want to be clear, okay, please.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you say I love you, but it makes it about you. At the same time, it's a.
Speaker 4: Using place to be living here because I don't put the emphasis on you say I love you.
Speaker 5: Jordan Carlos loves doing therapist cosplay, where he dresses up like a therapist.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 5: You'll say something like hey, Jordan, fuck, I want to get lunch. I don't know if you shoul get pizza a sandwich, and he'll be like, where do you think indecisiveness started in your life?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What the fuck are you talking about? Jordan? What should I get pizza? Is said? Like were you not validated your feelings as a child? So you're just left. I'm like, dude, am I getting a pizza a sandwich?
Speaker 4: I get in network therapy? Sometimes I think I get too much and it's got to go somewhere. The energy has got to go somewhere, That's all. I'm sorry. Okay, you we have a crisis, but can we Yeah? Okay, but crisis also means new beginning in Greek. Please go ahead, Jesus.
Speaker 3: I've already paid my taxes and folded my laundry while you guys were talking about this.
Speaker 1: You know what's wrong?
Speaker 5: Jordan does that dumb I wake up at five in the morning thing that he's doing that he has to tell the whole world about, and so he's already been up for Like what the fuck is going on? It's like four pm for him, And yeah I just woke up and yeah it is four pm for me right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Jordan's just like had a whole day. Yeah, and you know, I'm just revving up.
Speaker 1: Okay, we actually.
Speaker 2: I mean we actually did have a day. We just came from Good Morning America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan, flex flex flex.
Speaker 3: I mean it's just facts, Yeah, flexing facts.
Speaker 1: This is what happened. And what were you going to say? Dating in your forties, go, I don't know, it's fucking dating. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's that different. All right, Okay, I don't think it's that different.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, Well, are you dating age appropriate women?
Speaker 1: Okay, what does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my client does not have to answer these questions if they will incriminate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jordan.
Speaker 4: I think she means I think she means in the ten year range, like around the tenure ange, maybe ten years senior and maybe ten years junior.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's that, and then there's you know, there's outliers as well. I mean, I look in the worlds of tripe cul quests, I like a brown yellow Puerto ricaner Haitian. Yes, and oh my god, so I don't like to limit myself.
Speaker 2: What in the ethnic Joe Rogan is going on?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: This is like affirmative action but.
Speaker 5: Joe Rogan, listen, I will say this, I'll never I feel like I know a lot of guys in their forties who will lie about their age on dates, and that to me seems so gross.
Speaker 1: I will never ever do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, lying in general is gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although you know it's funny.
Speaker 5: I've come around to white lies, Okay, Like I used to live this life of radical honesty because like I read this book and I was like, oh, this is the way you should live your life, like just literally no lying.
Speaker 2: Mmm.
Speaker 5: But I feel like there's a finesse to white lies that can spare someone's feelings in a way that I think is important. Again, nothing hurtful, nothing too crazy, not like a big lie. Yeah, but like you know, if the reason you're breaking up with someone, let's say, is because you're no longer attracted to them, whatever, like that just seems like an awful thing to say to someone, I think it's okay to come up with a different excuse or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's also like not what you say, it's how you say it, right, Like if you are bringing up with someone because you're not attracted to them anymore. It can also be presented as we're not moving in the same direction, yes, or my heart is not in.
Speaker 1: It like it used to exactly.
Speaker 3: And I do think like, hey, we went to school, most of us went to school. We do have a vocabulary. We can use it. I think you're absolutely right. We don't have to be so black and white. We can find truth and honesty in the shades of gray. I always like to say, because that's where the love lives and the humanity.
Speaker 2: But I think it's.
Speaker 3: Also great to figure out how to do that, to even speak up for yourself in certain situations, whether you're in a pitch meeting, whether you're negotiating something for yourself, like emotionally or financially. You know, this has been my journey in my forties, is like figuring out how to get shit done. But you know, attracting them bees with the honey because like, wow, oh wow, it's so funny. Like even my life, skinned ass people are like she's difficult.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I do like to kill my kindness a little bit because I'm just like, this is what I want, you know, so give.
Speaker 1: It to me.
Speaker 4: Dan, Would you ever say that You're like, I don't think you're difficult to work with, you know, or.
Speaker 2: Perceive Oh boy, oh boy, this defense.
Speaker 5: No perceived to be difficult. I have worked with both of you independently. I know I don't feel like I'm difficult.
Speaker 1: Who's better, Yeah, yeah, answer with your eyes. I feel like.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like I'm difficult to work with, and I think that that's part of the reason people like to work with me. But I do feel like there is a there's such a finesse to holding in your rage when you're getting like, let's say, when you're getting notes that you don't like that I've learned from other like mentors that I think is like, again, that's kind of leading into this finesse of like a white lie. Like you know, if you're gonna be radically honest, you're gonna say something like that's bullshit, you're noticed stupid, you're a dumb dumb and then you're never.
Speaker 1: Gonna work again. Yeah, that part right.
Speaker 5: Not to make this too inside baseball, but you know, I think that does expand to life. It's like, it's so much more pleasurable to just go off the dome with your feelings, but you might leave like a scorched earth policy and then you can't kind of come back from.
Speaker 3: That, and then when you do it, it really means something because people know that you're fucking serious. I was just telling Jordan this before, because like when we were talking about adulting on Good Morning America, they're like, what have you guys learned from the podcast? And Jordan had a really great answer, which is like that I'm doing all right, that I'm doing pretty good. But what I really learned in that moment from comedy when she asked me that question was not necessarily the podcast, but from stand Up Stand Up. I learned how to be a fucking workhorse and to be on my voice and to take my fucking space. Like no one is going to give you that space and stand up, you have to fucking take it, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, the audience isn't gonna be like we got you go go. This isn't America's got talent. I'm not an eight year old. I can say, Whitney Houston. They're not gonna do that shit for me. Yeah, if anyone's listening and needs to hear this, it's like, take your space in the most thoughtful way possible.
Speaker 2: Right, what has stand up taught you.
Speaker 1: Dan, you know it's funny. I was thinking about it while you were saying that.
Speaker 5: I think that the humility that comes with stand up is really interesting to me, right right, because, like you said, you can be at the top of your game and if your jokes aren't funny, they're still not gonna land. I've seen, you know, Chris rock bomb bits. I've seen Seinfeld bomb with bits, and I will be in front of a very friendly crowd that knows me from stuff and I'll try something new and it doesn't work and they won't laugh at it. And I love that when else in your life, I feel like we have we The more you know clout you get, the more you're surrounded by yes men. But the crowd is never gonna be a yes man or a yes woman. It's just gonna it's always gonna kind of be honest, even with Dave Chappelle, even with Dave Chappelle. So it's like a pretty cool, humbling experience. And I think that's good. And I think a lot of actors don't get that because they they don't have like a crowd of strangers in real time telling them how they're doing.
Speaker 1: You know what, I mean, they're not on a tight rope. Yeah, and even.
Speaker 5: If they're acting on a on a movie, like, they're not in the theater necessarily, like they're not seeing the actual reaction to their performance, like in real time. And even with a band, like they have backup singers and dancers and all that stuff, Like, I don't know with us, there's an authenticity to being judged. Yeah, that is so raw and so real that I think is kind of a superpower that you can do that every night and put yourself in that position.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, absolutely, Yeah, That's what I try to tell my comedian friends that go off and try to do other things and become self h multi hyphenates rather because I'm like, you have this superpower, this experience that nobody else has. Those hours on a stage that's insane. Whether they're funny or not, it's still like putting yourself in front of a bunch of people you don't know to do this thing is fucking crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is crazy. And I think the ten thousand hour thing that you think of for a comic. You're like, yeah, you need your ten thousand hours to become a better comedian, But there's also ten thousand hours of putting yourself in front of those crowds of strangers, which is a crazy thing that you're doing. That to me is more insane. It's just like, you know, it's like that fear of public speaking thing. It's like you're doing it every night and I don't know, it's an insane tenth thous hours to get of, just like I can go in front of a room full of strangers and figure out figure a way out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does it make it hard to talk to somebody one on one after performing for so many people because you're just like, what is this?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes it makes it hard to I have a tough time talking to people who don't have not sensitive humor, but like are very like the dates that I go on where where people are like trying to say this in the right way overly.
Speaker 4: Woke, no, not even overly maybe maybe dull, a little dull maybe.
Speaker 5: Maybe overly sensitive to like bits m M, and they're like why would you say that?
Speaker 1: Or da da da.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh no, I'm just joking. And I don't know if sensive humor is the right word for it, but there's like are they.
Speaker 3: Dutch people, because Dutch people are like, why would you say it if it's not true.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's called sarcasm, bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Are you just dating Danish women?
Speaker 4: Loll well, Dan, your love language is sarcasm. So have you found a lot of snarky people? Like in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: I thought his love lifeguage was food. That's so interesting how we get different Dans.
Speaker 4: He's multilingual, Like between us, Dan loves me despite the fact that I'll be He'll be like and this cream.
Speaker 1: Comes from a goots, a first milking.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, get that the fuck out of my face. And he's like, okay, all right, sorry to share my world with you.
Speaker 1: Like I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, tell me about this, this grape that these bitches in Italy had to climb up a volcano with their dupy as Italian titties to get.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Now, I want to support women in Italy.
Speaker 1: Get great. I don't care. I'm like, come on, let's just enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Woh. I love it. I love a story.
Speaker 1: Thank you. First of all, Jordan.
Speaker 2: Jordan' stop holding your head like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. First of all, Jordan is like a human garbage disposal. We will finish dinner, He'll walk out, there'll be like a half a pizza, like like balancing on the side of a garbage can, and he'll just pick it up on a plate, on a paper plate. I mean you know, yes, there is a level of class Jordan that you don't rise to.
Speaker 2: Jordan does love some cook food. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: When I was hosting the WGA Awards, I was like a little nervous.
Speaker 2: I was like, what is this?
Speaker 3: And I'm like looking around the room to see Jordan's face in my husband's face, and I look down and Jordan's just cutting up his baked chicken and I was like, oh my god, literally doing these jokes for the first time in front of people.
Speaker 2: And He's just like, h is that a dope?
Speaker 1: I was like. I was like, you got a girl.
Speaker 4: And then Amy Schumer was like, you probably want to go backstage and see how she's doing.
Speaker 1: And it's like, hold up this dinner row, but the chocolate lava cake.
Speaker 2: I know, You're like, but the bread is warm. And I was like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, oh my god, that is my toxic trait. I do emotionally eat at moments like that, I just I'm like, this will make me comfortable, and so I just like start stuffing things into my mouth instead of talking to strangers.
Speaker 1: Jordan can be coming home, seeing his home on fire, hearing the yells of help me from his relatives, and if there's a food truck parked outside of that house, yo, I'm sorry, Elena, figure out a plan. B.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I'm asking this, but only because I'm with friends that are like family.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, what is my toxic trait?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh toxic trade. I'm gonna tell you. Okay, I know what it is. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 4: I know what it is, too, tell me, tell me, tell me, Daniel, First.
Speaker 5: Okay, I feel like you're not selective enough with the people that you allow.
Speaker 1: Close to you.
Speaker 5: Healthy boundaries. You're right, there's some people that shouldn't have access. Yeah, they shouldn't have access, they should be cut out. Yeah, and I think that's probably your thing.
Speaker 3: It is my thing, and that it happens, but I don't want it to be my thing anymore. No, no, no, yeah, but it is very wild because when I'm on stage now and I do crowd work, I don't know what happens, but I can see people's inner child, and I'm like, I gotta go. I don't know, like if I'm becoming a witch or being a mom or whatever it is, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, why can't it be both?
Speaker 2: Motherfucker? All right, Jordan, you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see your toxic trade. After thinking long and hard about this, is that if somebody asks you if you need help, just say yes, because what it's giving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of the time, it's just like it's fine, I got it.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I'm like, nah, Michelle, you want is to help you as you're like slanming stuff around.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know, I do want people to help me, but I also want people just to take just like take the ring, you know what I mean, Because when people help me, they have more questions and answers. I'm like, yes, it could have been done. I don't need a conversation about it. I just need you to do it. And so, like, hosting definitely is a lot of work, but I'd love to do it. When I'm in the post get and everything set up and done, yeah, but it's always like that hour before where I'm like this sucks?
Speaker 2: Why am I doing this?
Speaker 4: And then yeah, you've got next level executive function skills, which are like that is executive you know, executive function? Right, that's just like you know how much milk is in the house at all times, you know how much orange juice you have, how much gases in the tank?
Speaker 1: What we need? How to get from point A to point B?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like I have good executive function, but you have like x men level. So it's just like I need to be told a little bit more yes than say you do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can I also counter it with a with a compliment because you're talking about hosting. Yeah, you are very good at being present at your parties and not being frantic whatsoever, you know, which you go to a lot of people's parties and they're just like Tasmanian devils and you're like, why am I even here? You are very good at actually being the centerpiece of the party, even though there's always chaos going on in the background. Yeah, that's the quality of yours that I'm very very very impressed by.
Speaker 1: Jordan. Why are you making that face? Are you talking shit about me? Is that what you're doing right now?
Speaker 4: Ooh?
Speaker 2: Does it feel like it hit a nerve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Wow, I feel like you're talking shit about me. No, I was giving Michelle a compliment. Why can't I give her a compliment?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: This is so us so us.
Speaker 5: Wow, you're like that kid, you know how, Like, oh boy, it's your birthday and you're a kid, and your parents get you a present, but they have to get your brother a present too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need a present too.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we.
Speaker 3: Got questions from the audience about adulting, and we'd like to try and help them out and answer them. Jordan, I think you got the first question. What it be?
Speaker 1: Here? It is? It goes?
Speaker 4: How can I tell a friend they need to be in therapy without seeming like I'm being pedantic or blaming dysfunction slash failure in our friendship on them? Oh god, Dan, how would you handle it?
Speaker 5: I call saying you need to go to therapy as like step two or three, but step one would be something along the lines of in a nice way, like I'm tired of hearing of this problem over and over and it not being resolved, Like I think there's probably another solution than just venting to me, saying that in a nicer way, right, making it about like, hey, I want to be here as your friend, but I can't just be someone that you just throw stuff at and don't really get anything back from.
Speaker 1: You're just you're just kind of being either an askhole.
Speaker 5: Which is one of my favorite expressions when someone asks you for advice and never takes it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there's ways of saying like this isn't working. Your crutch for therapy, which is using me, is not working. So maybe let's come up with the different solution. And here's a couple of providers in your area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ooh, you know what I would do? I mean, I love that that really is the road to take. I would send two therapists that like either you have been to or like or just think it would be a good fit. And then also like something sort of like spiritual homeopath or something, and be like, well what about also this acupuncture? So it's more like a wellness pitch, right as opposed to bitch get your shit together. But you know, because for me, like I'll try cupping or acupuncture or you know, a foot massage at a Russian place. I'll try anything if it is relaxing, you know, And I like to say that, you know, self care is not selfish, so go and get it.
Speaker 2: Even we were talking about the soothe app this morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, because someone we know went through it and we're like, hey, soue app.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, Yes, someone we know this morning got their phone stolen from them as they were coming out of a taxi. Wow, that is happening, y'all hold on to your phones. What were you going to say, Jordan?
Speaker 4: I was only going to say that I often when when I have a long conversation that I think it could use professional advice. I just asked, like, are you talking to someone about this?
Speaker 1: You know? Like that's basically me And that seems to really work, is it? It works?
Speaker 4: It works because it makes you do an inventory when you ask that question. Yeah, people are like, oh, okay, if your married friends are talking to you, if they're in a relationship, they've got issues, and you're like, are y'all talking to someone about this? It's a moment of honesty for me at least, where you're like, I see you, friend, and I want the best for you.
Speaker 1: Right. You know, it's funny.
Speaker 5: I've actually done that before and I've heard back, Yeah, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm talking to you.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking that in my mind, like that's what I would have said, like, yeah, you.
Speaker 5: But also I will say there is a place for friends and family, Like I don't think all issues should be outsourced to a therapist. I do think there is a place for friends and family. I really do, because they do know you the best as is, and if you're willing to actually listen to their advice, I think that's a really powerful source of, you know, helping get you back on your track. It's just like Michelle kind of just asked us, like, what is my toxic trade? Like that was like two therapist sessions there that we just I truncated into, you know, sixty seconds. Yeah, because she trusts us and she believes our judgment and she trusts that we know her really well and that we would give her like a somewhat objective opinion.
Speaker 2: I would not do that with most people.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean? You shouldn't. You shouldn't.
Speaker 3: But I know and love and trust you guys. Come on, Oh, if I had brothers, I would not want them to be like you. You would be my friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, what does that mean? Wow. Wow, Oh my god, Oh my god, we do get it all out. We can't be protective.
Speaker 3: No, I would have to defend you guys. I'd do too much. Well, look at my sturdy git compared to you guys. This is interesting, but I think it's a really important question. Okay, how many cups of coffee a day? It's too many cups of coffee. This is a really listen to me. This is a really good question because if I'm working, like on set, like an eleven and fourteen hour day, it's just the cappuccino every three hours, and then I realize I haven't eaten, and all of a sudden, I have a headache and I'm like, why is my left titty jumping? Oh, it's my heart got you. Sometimes I'm like, am I having a panic attack? No, it's it's the coffee. How many cups is too many cups? Also depends if you're drinking good coffee.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have strong opinions on this.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 5: And it's funny because before we started, I was just thinking in my head, like, what are some signs of adulting just in general that I could have, you know, at top of my head, And one.
Speaker 1: Is that didn't come out right, But you guys know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I feel like a sign of adulting is when you transition your love for alcohol to your love for coffee.
Speaker 1: Like, and don't get it twisted. I love alcohol.
Speaker 2: We're not getting twisted because you get twisted.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do. I absolutely love alcohol.
Speaker 5: I'm doing sober October, which is the equivalent of someone's sedentary climbing Mount Everest. That's how much I love wine. Okay, And what the fuck I'm saying? I love wine so much. But if I had to choose between wine or coffee, like and I had to give one up forever, I would definitely choose coffee. M It's such an important thing, it's such an exciting thing. How much is too much? That's such a personal question for me. I have my dosage. My dosage in the morning. I have a cappuccino. In the afternoon. After lunch, I have an espresso.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Whatever makes you able to go to sleep, right, you're good. Yeah, whatever doesn't fret your stomach.
Speaker 3: You know what I don't need. I don't need desserts with coffee in it. I don't need that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't need that.
Speaker 3: I don't need like a chocolate espresso crumble. I need like like another cocktail.
Speaker 5: Oh I get you. Oh you're saying the uh yeah. The espresso martini has taken over the world.
Speaker 3: It's the classy Red Bull vodka. It's great if it's made well, it's delicious. But I don't know how people just drink them all fucking night without poo poo in their pants, like do a bump of coke?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's like less calories, Like I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I read something on Instagram that was like an espresso martiniz a Red Bull and vodka that studied abroad and doesn't stop talking about it.
Speaker 2: Whoever understand?
Speaker 3: Oh good, he went from the white like a white party in Poland to like a Soho house in Paris.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's too much. Sorry. I was trying to give it like a journey.
Speaker 3: But I think you need like one good cup if you're into coffee, and then anything else besides that will probably be too much.
Speaker 4: Dan, have you ever just ordered straight drip coffee at a place or would that like break you emotionally?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? I often do why wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I, because you're just like I get an espresso and then I get a cappuccino and then get a cortado. Are you the kind of person that if they work behind the counter of coffee shop and somebody is like an just get a coffee, they'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, they don't soup coffee, so and then like and then they would get an argument with oh my god, my god.
Speaker 2: First of all, just dance sound like that in your.
Speaker 5: Head, thank you, And also, you know what's messed up? He totally baited me. I thought he was just asking like a normal question, but he was. He was setting up the question to make fun of me. I know, for saying that I have.
Speaker 2: What love is. That's what love is.
Speaker 3: There's nothing more frustrating than needing a good ass cup of coffee and then getting brown water. It makes me, It really just it sends me. It sends me like I will probably drink like like a kiante from the airplane and get through it with like an ice cube before I can do brown water.
Speaker 5: You understand, I'm with you. I also feel like what you order is dependent on the place. If I walk in there and they have a subpar espresso machine. I'm not going to get an espresso drink. I'm going to get a drip coffee. You can tell by the machine if it's a La Marzoka, if it's a Sinetso you can tell these things.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you need to do the research and do the.
Speaker 5: Work, Jordan, so that you can walk into a coffee shop and know if you should get dripped or an espresso drink.
Speaker 2: Are you still caffeine free? Jordan?
Speaker 1: I am still caffeine free. Oh I hate you so much?
Speaker 2: Whoa how are we still friends?
Speaker 1: I do have a dirty chy every once in a while. I don't get it so dirty.
Speaker 3: Why do you say it like that? Can you just not do your eyes? When you say dirty chie? It is giving a christless killer. Stop when you say dirty chy, it reminds me of this girl I went to school, was in college, and her drink was a screaming orgasm and every time she ordered it it was like something new and screaming.
Speaker 2: Or I'm like.
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody wants to hit like that, nobody knows what's in it. No one's screaming. You're probably not even having an orgasm. Yes, this is why you have no teeth you're like kind of diabetic.
Speaker 2: It's all bairey like stop, look.
Speaker 4: Look, okay, I don't get a lot of like fun things to say, you know that. Oh and so like when I go up to the you know, I got up to the front of the line, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm sorry, please, you know.
Speaker 5: And then and then they're like, what is a dirty chai? I don't even know what that is. It sounds like, oh no, it's oh that's why we can't have nice things. The Southeastern Asian community should be up in arms that this is even a thing, the dirty.
Speaker 3: I want to get Harry Kunda Buloo on the phone right away. A dirty chai, right is a chai latte with a shot of espresso. Now, a filthy chai is two shots?
Speaker 1: Wow? How do I not know this?
Speaker 2: Because you drink regular coffee, because you're a real man.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. We have another question. I can't believe we have time for it. Who knew coffee so long?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to ask you because I love you. Oh boy, this questions for all of us here. Oh God, yes, just ask the.
Speaker 1: Question, Jesus. I feel I feel ready and I'm gonna do it. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I'm a fifty year old mother of two teenagers. I recently started dating a younger man thirty five years old. Parenthetical. We've been dating for a few months now and we get along well. The sex is amazing for both of us. I'm worried that one day he will realize that he wants a family of his own and leave me for a younger woman who can give him children. Oh Am, I just being paranoid? Is it too soon to be thinking about a future with this man?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm finding it hard to stay in the present. Please help. How long has she been with him? Did she say? She says for a few months, and it's going well. She needs to bring it up. She needs to bring it up. Listen.
Speaker 5: I have this gaggle of little cousins who will come to me for advice, and they're great girls, and they're always like, I don't know what this guy wants, and I'm like, just fucking ask him, like shit or get off. The pot is a very powerful thing that not enough people use, and I think that it's super necessary to be very direct and if that scares the person, then that then you.
Speaker 1: Got your fucking answer. Yeah, don't avoid is the key.
Speaker 5: Do not avoid asking that question because you might also get an answer like, oh no, I don't want kids.
Speaker 1: I love that you have kids and I don't have to worry about kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she seems to have a tiger by the tail or something else.
Speaker 2: Okay, Texas, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: A tiger by the tail just means like you got something like really rare and cool. We don't hear about this every day. Fifty year old women aren't out here bagging thirty five year old men all the time, you know what I'm saying, right, So the newness of that, that experience, that, that feeling of being beautiful, sexy, all that as we get past forty. Yeah, if I could just man's plain women's value, then that.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm aware I'm staying out of this little monologue here, but I'm actually good at it. Dan, Okay, all right, keep going. He's in the pocket.
Speaker 4: In the pocket, all right, listen to my ted talk. So anyway, I hear that in this question, and I would say leave space for there to be an answer that maybe you don't like, but also maybe a good one too, you know, like it could also work out.
Speaker 3: I love that two men just answered this question because what I'm also hearing, Lady Lover is how would a man react? Right, And it's sort of what Dan said. Chances are he's probably cool with it because he probably would have brought it up already if he was thinking about a family. But if you guys are having good sex and respect each other, that's the most important, you know, bring it up right away. You know, I just asked Dan, what do you even talk about on a first date? Or are you bringing that shit up? So if you guys are already like in your little pocket of good sex and vibing with each other, yeah, that's a good time to bring it up. Just do it right now. Yeah, so you know, sooner rather than later. Also, good for you for sitting and spending on a dick on your fifties, bitch, I know that's right.
Speaker 1: Would you say that if it was a fifty year old man with a thirty five year old.
Speaker 5: Woman, Oh, would you say that?
Speaker 3: But it's different because she could still have kids, she's still viable by society. So I think they're in it for different reasons, and he would probably think of different things. But he's got all the options bird InHand for.
Speaker 2: That, dude.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm hm true. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we ask all our guests and this has been like a wildly wonderful and awkward episode.
Speaker 1: That's us.
Speaker 3: We asked all our guests, what's the most important adulting thing you want to do for yourself this year that you haven't had time to do? And it could be big or small, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Can I take a guess at what it is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Whoa, Oh my god, it's eating at the number one restaurant on Mars.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 2: And then he like laughs at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what an asshole. I was going to say, start a family, But thank you Jordan for fucking shitting on me before. You're the only guest I've ever done that too. Uh why?
Speaker 4: Because I love you? When I trust you, I want to know the answer to the question. I just I just like busting your beans because I'm good to see you and I love.
Speaker 2: You busting your beans.
Speaker 1: Busting my beans. Okay, I feel like I need to.
Speaker 5: Probably get a cleaning lady on a schedule rather than just letting my place get really dirty and then calling the cleaning lady.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Every Tuesday at eleven am so you have time to wake up and do your thing, and then you have the full weekend and the full week Get a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tuesday is the day. I'm so glad you brought this up.
Speaker 5: Not me, because I let my place go to shit and then when I text her she gets you could sense the fear of like what am I coming into?
Speaker 1: So that's definitely one.
Speaker 5: Also getting regular car washers, I guess cleanliness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ritual schedules, organization like that is something that needs to happen, especially in your forties, because it's one less thing to worry about, you know what I mean. It's like, oh my god, my Carney's gas again. Yeah, it always has gas. I need to Yeah, you always need toilet paper. Yeah, And to put that shit on the schedule. Yes, just is like it just freezes up your time to do something else.
Speaker 5: Yes, like like taking the inventory of my wine cellar.
Speaker 2: Dan Kate a d We love you so much and hope.
Speaker 1: To see you, Sue, I love you, see you. Thanks guys, bike.
Speaker 4: Man oh Man alive. Yeah, I can't even I can't even stand up. I'm gonna sit back down. It's always just a whirlwin with him.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: It's a typhoon.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I love that.
Speaker 3: And can I say I did not expect to go into this episode saying what are my toxic traits to do very.
Speaker 2: Old, near and dear friends? But I did. I did, and that was like, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's okay, And I think that friends should normalize those kind of conversations because you can withstand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, I mean I am guilty of.
Speaker 4: What you guys said. Oh my god, I can't stop doing what I'm doing. I'm gonna work on it. I'm gonna work on it. I'm aware, you know, what do you mean? I'm a work on myself. I'm constantly working on myself. I also try to give myself credit. But Dan brings out He's like this little brother who brings out this side of me where I just turn into, I know, a nasty, little little elf bitch.
Speaker 3: That is that is true love in a way that one can only hope serves you. Because I am the only child, as I constantly bring up, and going back to Holland with my husband has always been interesting because everyone sort of like slips right back into their roles. And so when you've been friends with people for so long like that you're like, oh okay, this is like yeah, I mean I get it.
Speaker 1: Always regress, always regress, ready, ready, Yeah, And I'll fight him again. I'll fight him again.
Speaker 4: We tussled in a pile of garbage, and I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: I do love we don't know. I really love our community.
Speaker 3: I love working with people I've known for a long time and know are funny and decent coworkers and also have a decent moral compass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I only say he has a decent moral compass because we never actually got to the pedicure story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, who knows. Who knows?
Speaker 4: Maybe like dropping in the chat if you know what happened in the pedicure story, if you were like his esthetician, like let us know.
Speaker 1: We don't know, We have no idea.
Speaker 3: Also, I would love to know other people's stories that listen to the podcast of that friend they've had for twenty years that turns them into like the little brother nobody wanted, or like the older brother that always knows better, or you know what I mean, just that friend that likes you can't believe they still do it to you.
Speaker 2: But it's fun. It's wild. It's weird.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, the ones that just like activate that part of your brain, Yes, and your personality. Yes, Dana, dude will always do that to me. My wife is like you and Dan, oh my god, And I'm like I don't care, like yeah, that's just how I am around him, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like if you ever watch any sitcom with a married couple and then there's like the neighbor friend guy that's like single that comes over, it's like.
Speaker 2: Loosew wash TV.
Speaker 3: Well, honey, you promise to take the kids pull he's over it. Like that turns into like much that's very fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, yo, what you got there? Look at that Oh my gosh, Survival of the Thickest. Yes, the show that you wrote that you can talk about even though you say you can't.
Speaker 1: What in the schwag bag is going on?
Speaker 4: Now? I love that little umbrella and I love your show.
Speaker 2: I love my show toit.
Speaker 1: Look at all this okay, little pillow, little throw pillow? What else You've got in.
Speaker 2: There so much? I don't know where to put it.
Speaker 1: Put it into this show. Put it into this show. Listen.
Speaker 4: That's it for all of us. I gotta go pick up my kids. I love you, Michelle, you.
Speaker 3: The best bet too.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go think of your toxic trait and let you know Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm just kidding. This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Our senior producer is g Howley.
Speaker 1: Art Associate producer is Christina Chamberlain.
Speaker 3: This episode was mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 1: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 3: Additional production support from Hannah Kyle Crichton.
Speaker 1: Theme song and live show DJing is by DJ Don will.
Speaker 3: Our live show producer is Marian Ways.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 2: Photography by Heis Vandermost.
Speaker 4: Executive produced by Karen Kilgera, Georgia Hartstar and Daniel Kramer.
Speaker 3: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pod.
Speaker 4: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 5: Mmm