Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, everybody, It's Wednesday, March fifth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We're asking for Max Crosby money, but we're not holding our breath. It's me and your man, name g Markus Great, joined by Michael f. Florio and LaQuan Jones Fellas. When we woke up this morning, there wasn't much news, and then within an hour of us starting to record this podcast, there was all of the news, everything under the sun happening. Geez, all of the things happened. As you may have inferred by my intro, Max Crosby got paid one hundred and sixty Why are we booing Max Crosby?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm happy for him as a human. I just he was one of the two players I really wanted the Bills to get.
Speaker 1: So I'm sad. Oh, this guy's greedy. Man, you are too. I mean, look, maybe they won't pay, Maybe the Bengals won't pay like Trey Hendrickson, and you can, you know, make a run at him.
Speaker 3: All right, I can settle for that.
Speaker 1: Just I don't know, but yeah, one hundred and six million dollars for Max Crosby over the next several years including I believe ninety one and a half million that is guaranteed. So yeah, he is the highest paid non quarterback in NFL history. It is good news for Max Crosby. It is good news for the Las Vegas Raiders. It is bad news for the Dallas Cowboys having to pay Mike Carson's in the very near future.
Speaker 4: How did they pay another defensive lineman before Parsons. That was like kind of weird to me. It's like disrespectful, but wow, okay that happened. It's also low key good news for Jamar Chase because the Bengals last week they specifically said they were going to make Chase the most highest paid non quarterback. He didn't say receiver, they said non quarterback. So this drives up his market too.
Speaker 1: I'd imagine, m well, not great, Bob, great at all. So we will see how things go there. But Max Crosby is getting paid and a sticking around in Las Vegas. He, by the way, said I'm sure you guys saw this that it would be legendary if Aaron Rodgers would come to the Las Vegas frames, so you know, we'll see it. Well, we'll see if that happens now after Max got.
Speaker 3: The bag, I just realized Aaron Rodgers would then work for Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that would be wow wild the man that he was chasing for so long is now your boss. What a time to be alive, you know. But it wouldn't be It would create a debate. I mean, I've been saying for weeks now that the best quarterback on the Raiders rosters in ownership. Now you'd have a little bit of a debate, you know, at least a little bit of a conversation.
Speaker 2: It would still be the same.
Speaker 4: I wonder what that intake conversation would be like, Look, man, no trips to Egypt, none of that circus crap you came in with, Like this is Tom saying this to Aaron, And I'm wondering what the response would be, like, Okay, Dad, I mean I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, I'll be interest because like you figure, like with Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Pete Carroll all in the room, how exactly that would go? You know, like, hey, man, you gotta cut the weirdness and the weird podcast appearance that sort of thing. I can't you know, and DeVante's not coming back. So yeah, yeah, that's the other part. Dvante's not coming back to Las Vegas, so I think you can forget about it. You sure, man, Well we can. So we're gonna talk some free agent wide receivers. Dvante Adams is now amongst that group, so we can talk about him a little bit later on in the show, also talks some running backs. Because the signing period officially begins a week from today. The days leading up to that, though there will be deals negotiated, there will be deals reported on. It will get you hear a lot of agreed to terms because guys can't officially sign until the new league year begins on the twelfth, So agreed to terms will be a phrase you hear a lot in the next few days. So we'll talk about some of that over the next a little bit on this show, But start with some news because a lot of news just happening. Since we just talked about Max Crosby, might as well keep it in Las Vegas. The Raiders plan to release quarterback Gardner Minshew after just one season with the team. Yeah, I see your fake surprise there, Florida. I mean, I think we all sort of knew Gardner Minshew was a little bit of a feat a feet siller, a seat filler for the Raiders there that they had the combat the quarterback competition with Aidan O'Connell the mid off I believe we called it a last offseason. I don't know, does this Florida, Does this change anything? I mean, I know you've you've really repeatedly said justin fields to the Raiders. This seems to potentially grease the shoot for that to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm and it was pretty obvious.
Speaker 3: I think that the Raiders were going to be in the quarterback market. They gave Gardner Minshew more money than I think a lot of us expected last offseason. And I'll just say this, look, Gardner Minshew is this new generation's Ryan Fitzpatrick. Like I don't know where he is going to sign as a backup, I can just guarantee you he is going to play meaningful football, Like somehow, some way he is going to end up starting for whatever team he goes to, because that's just how his career has gone. But I think this is a good thing for Raiders pass catchers. Like, no disrespect to Gardner Minshew, but he is what he is, and that is a solid backup in the NFL, I would say, like, if he has to start, you could get by with him, but you don't want him starting seventeen games for your football team. So an AOC same thing, I think is in the same boat.
Speaker 2: He's just cheaper. He's a good backup.
Speaker 3: But yeah, let's get like Justin Fields or Aaron Rodgers or someone here, because I want brock Bowers to reach as high as he can reach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that's that's fair, right, I mean, Lakwan, you went on a big thing about Justin Fields coming to the Raiders, and my first thing, my first thought was, oh, no, rock powers Like that was sort of my concern. As long as you can guarantee me that he's still going to get the majority of the targets, I think I'm fine with whoever it's going to be at quarterback. Understanding, look, it's not gonna be it's not gonna be a top level, you know, franchise cornerstone type starter, even if it's Aaron Rodgers, right, I mean, he is still gonna be uh god, be four thousand yards. I think he could do that.
Speaker 4: And year one with the Raiders maybe maybe maybe he's still going to play top level competition football, Like I think that's gonna be as mindset, Like I don't know if we get that, but he has somewhat of the pieces around him, especially if they take a runner back at six and you have Jacobe Meers a reliable wide receiver for you go get another wide receiver in free agency or wherever the case may be. But brock Bauers should be like the corner stone of like how you build around and have that upside of having like somewhat a competitive offense.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been three seasons since Aaron Rodgers had four thousand yards. Hasn't happened since twenty twenty one, sos U.
Speaker 3: And then they'll sign DeVante and he'll forget about brock Bauers and they'll bring an Alan Lazard and he'll be getting targets over.
Speaker 1: It's like an Adam Sandler movie. Man, you just keep getting back to same people over and over again.
Speaker 2: That's exactly who Aaron Rodgers is.
Speaker 1: It's just like Adam Sander. No, we love Adam Saylor. Don't do that, like, I mean, like they just gonna make Grandma's Boy in Las Vegas is that what we're gonna do. Adam Sandler movie like that you would think it is though, it's like Big Daddy is like, you know, happening Now, that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Adam Sandler movie.
Speaker 1: Wow Over Over Happy Gilmore. Yeah, water Boy from me Man that wakes pretty good too. Yeah. All right, Look before we start going down this field, see leaking, there are other there's some other headlines to get to a lot of wide receiver news happening. The Jaguars planning to release Christian Kirk after three seasons. So look shout out to our po Matt o'coda and we had him on last week. He was talking about potential cut candidates. Christian Kirk was a name he mentioned. Right there, let's all the quand I'll ask you. I mean, Brian Thomas Junior was fantastic last year as a rookie. But they've got to add somebody else, right, they cannot survive, especially because I know how you feel about Trevor Lawrence. They're going to need to add some help for BTJ on the other side.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean you feel comfortable Evan Ingram with his production what he's able to provide, but you need another wide receiver to play counterpart to Brian Thomas Junior. I mean he absolutely excelled in his first year. I mean he put up numbers in his one year versus the last two seasons what Christian Kirk did. So you already have your alpha wide receiver one there. Now you need somebody that could just feel that place to kind of distract, kind of like what the Commanders did with Deebo. You need somebody that has some type of name value, somebody that is trying to prove that they still got it ordeal. Like I can't throw a name off the top of my head right now for a replacement, but they need somebody there to help out, you know, Brian Thomas Junior. And I guess Trevor Lawrence, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean we got a list of free agent wide receivers win to dive into in just a little bit. So yeah, I didn't want to leak any I appreciate you. I appreciate you, you know, respecting the sanctity of the show sheets. So we're not gonna blow up the run down. This ain't adam. I appreciate that. So yeah, I mean there are definitely some names out there. One name that is going to be out there in the free agent market is Tyler Lockett. Because changes our foot in Seattle, these Seahawks are releasing Tyler Lockett after a decade with the Seahawks, So you know, thank you for your service. The decline had been obvious the last couple of years for Tyler Lockett. You would make the occasional big play, but definitely was not the consistent contributor over the last two seasons that we had seen early in his career. Last year in seventeen games, nine catches, six hundred yards, the lowest totals he had put together since twenty seventeen, just two touchdowns, so had obviously been surpassed. Probably make the case he was surpassed by Jackson Smith and Jigba maybe at the end of twenty twenty three, but certainly in twenty twenty four along those lines. DK metcalf has requested a trade, So Tyler Lockett is gone. DK wants out. Apparently it's the new hotness to be a wide receiver and has to be traded from your team because apparently that's a you know all that everybody's doing it now.
Speaker 3: Florial.
Speaker 1: If DK goes right, we were already saying that the Jackson Smith and Jigba was the wide receiver one in Seattle. If DK gets traded, how high does that ADP go for JSN. I mean, he's.
Speaker 3: Already going top fifteen at the position, so I I would have a difficult time pushing him up too much higher than that. I love the talent.
Speaker 2: I do have.
Speaker 3: Concerns though, if they're going to run the ball more because last year they were one of the past happiest teams in football, So the added targets or volume that would go his way could make up for that. But I kind of think in that twelve to fifteen ranges where I least am comfortable taking JSN, and I would love to take him there, But if people start pulling him up with some of the elites at the position, I'm probably gonna pass on that cause, like, like I'm not willing to take him over like elite Neighbors or Nico Collins or some of these other names that are like back end top ten at wide receivers. So yeah, to me, it's more I love him as a wide receiver high and wide receiver too.
Speaker 1: If I could get him at that cost, no DK, potentially no Tyler Lockett. Yes, Jaysn was great. I mean, Lukwan, we were sort of out on Geno Smith last year. I don't imagine this is going to do anything to help his his draft value.
Speaker 4: No, this kind of tanks it, man, because I don't think you want to even have Gino if it's going to be a run first offense, if you're not gonna have you know, the two wide receivers. He's been the most comfortable with not saying JSN can't add some value to his play. But it's gonna be one of those things. It's gonna be new, it's gonna be something fresh, you know, trying to adapt to this new offense, trying to get you know, the timing and chemistry with these guys that you're gonna have on the perimeter. Because if it's just JSN out there, I mean, I mean JSN to the moon. But it's more so like for Gino houses look for him overall in real life football and for fantasy. I can't imagine that being, you know, great. I don't imagine him going out there putting up more than twenty twenty five touchdowns. That's not gonna be anything relevant. And he's on a mobile quarterback. So what are we honestly going to get from Gino Smith in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Not quite sure. Yeah, I mean that season he had a couple of years ago felt like the absolute ceiling, you know, the forty two hundred yards. Yeah. Usually, I actually had more passing yards this year than he did that couple of years ago. He had thirty touchdowns though in twenty twenty two versus twenty one last year. But it does that. That twenty two season feels like the absolute peak for Geno Smith, and it's hard to imagine it gets any better, especially when you're starting to take major weapons out of play in the Seattle Seahawks offense. So we will see how how this goes. So a little bit of housekeeping here. I had planned when we started our free agency primer in this episode to start with running backs. But because we've just talked about a whole lot of wide receivers, we're gonna call an audible. We're gonna do some receivers that'll be after the break stick around doing some free agency talk here on the NFL Fantasy Football podcast. So, as I have mentioned a couple of times, a free agency hits next week, and so we decided to kind of dive by position. Earlier in the week, we talked about quarterbacks and tight ends. Today wide receivers and running backs. If I was smart, I would have shuffled that around because there's a lot of wide receivers. There's a lot of running backs, not so much quarterbacks and tight ends. But I don't really think they head that far sometimes. So anyway, I mentioned earlier, we talked about wide receivers. At the top of the show, guy wanted to be traded, guys getting released, So it felt seamless almost to maybe talk about wide receivers here to start this little segment. So let's talk I mean, there are a handful there are a lot of wide receivers that are hitting the free agent market. There are a handful that I felt like were relevant to talk about for this segment. So let's start with Tyler Lockett Floria. I mean, because obviously a guy who was sort of nearing the end of his career, but a guy that I think, in the right circumstance maybe can still have a little bit of life left. I don't know that we're drafting him is more than maybe a fourth wide receiver. At this point in fantasy. But is there a place potentially he could go that maybe preserves whatever value he has left.
Speaker 3: I'm of the mindset that I kind of think it's over for Tyler Lockett. Like I know, he started his own, like real estate business in Seattle, So I wouldn't be surprised if he just says, like, if I'm not playing for Seattle, I'm gonna hang it up and retire as Seahawk. But I think what he could bring right now that is his best tool is his veteran leadership, be like a mentor and everything. So I could see him signing with, say a team like the Patriots. And you know, I've been pushing for wide receivers to sign there and give Drake may help and Tyler Lockett is not the help that I'm like, all right, but I think they have a lot of young wide.
Speaker 2: Receivers on that team.
Speaker 3: So if you could bring in a veteran to just kind of mentor that group, teach them what he knows, maybe contribute here and there, something like what Robert Woods is kind of done with the Houston Texans the last couple of years, like not really put up a lot of big numbers, but just be there more to be a leader and stuff like that. I think that is the role I could see Tyler Lockett playing this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's probably accurate. He's not necessarily going to be a productive guy. I think your point is taken that he's going to be there to be a locker room guy, be a mentor, sort of teach some of these younger receivers the ins and outs of being successful at this level for a long time. And the maybe you're also dry that if nothing happens the way he wants it to, he can help you find a nice three bed, two bath in Mercer Island, you know, something like that. The other notableman that the only other notable name, but the other name that's recently hit the market is DeVante Adams, who was released by the Jets earlier this week. I mean, we were saying he's not going to go back to Las Vegas, but I mean, Lakwan, would he go back to Las Vegas or is there another spot that might be better for him?
Speaker 4: It could be on the West coast and it might be in La but it ain't the Ramsarder.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he will fit nice and well with Justin Herbert, like he'll go over there and I could.
Speaker 1: I think he could still have that alpha.
Speaker 4: Wide receiver identity without having like any type of diva or around him because Lam McConkey is a wide receiver that can play imposture as a wide receiver one. But this gives Justin Herbert and that offense even more push power. They'll go downfielding create those scoring opportunities. Like DeVante Adams last season didn't work out with the Circus and the Raiders and that, but he still was playing good football. So I think he comes in through the door and like makes a huge impact on that wide receiver room and that offense. It gives him a little jump out out in the West.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously, DeVonta Adams still has it right. He still has the ability to go out and be a top level receiver. He's maybe not the top five guy that he was earlier in his career, but still a very productive guy. And you know, a thing that we saw last year was LA's reliance almost out of necessity on Ladd McConkie. And look, I'm one of Ladd's lads. I'm a lads, stand right, I mean, you know, I think Florida, you're a big lad mcconkee guy as well, but he needs help. I mean last year eighty two catches over eleven hundred yards, seven touchdowns. That's nice, but there was nobody else really consistent to make defense and sort of pay attention. And Florio, I know you were. You were into Quintin Johnston his rookie year. I know you were trying to hold on last year. He had the eight touchdowns, what four or five of them coming on sort of blown coverages, but they count all the same. Let's you know, if we're if we're talking in hypotheticals, DeVante Adams landing in Los Angeles, does that mean rip Quinton Johnston.
Speaker 3: At least for fantasy purposes. Yeah, Like he would still have a role there. They would look to get him the ball. They like him in the red zone, they like him after the catch, stuff like that, but for fantasy it would be over. I like this landing spot for DeVante, but I want DK metcalf to end up in with the Chargers because Mike comp for Ladd mccauckey has been Tyler Lockett, and I'm like, let's just bring that back together. In LA have have the new Tyler Lockett be the fantasy wide receiver one the fantasy community could chase DK Metcalf and give us a discount on Ladd and it would be awesome. But I could if not LA, the Steelers were another team I could fit DeVante Adams Steels.
Speaker 1: Steels would be interesting. I I mean, look, I know DeVante is mostly quarterback proof, but I would want to know who the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Is before he's only playing with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: That or Vegas or something like Wow.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I think the Chargers are maybe the best fit. Uh, you mentioned DK Metcalf. I'm going to Pittsburgh or the Chargers rather, I would love to see DK go to Houston. I would like that, Okay, I did. Texans should try to make a deal. Obviously, it looks like they're moving on from Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The report Tank Dell is expected to now have surgery very soon. I think this week on the torn aco. He's already had a couple of surgeries previously. Now he's gonna have surgery on the a cl So it's very unlikely he's gonna be ready for the start of the season. So why if you're Houston, you try to swing a deal for DK Metcalf, you sort of retool that off. I mean, look Nico Collins and DK Metcalf, the price on CJ. Stroud goes up from a fantasy draft position, it's kind of scary, kind of scary. As long as they can protect them, as long as they can get that offensive line to buy him some time. That's a really, really scary prospect. If you haven't there.
Speaker 4: One diva in and another diva ou I mean I like that. I mean it works out. Like I tag Florio on Twitter, man, I was like, look C C. Floria, we need a diva back in Buffalo, I mean Josh Magic with Stefan Diggs, Like you don't want DK in Buffalo, Bro, that'd be amazing, shirt Off.
Speaker 2: I would take it for real life purposes.
Speaker 3: I just I'm I'm off DK for fantasy purposes because every year he gets drafted top twenty and only one time as he finished it in points per game. But for real life I would be in. Although for fantasy I think they would still kind of do their whole spread the ball around, like we're not going to force feed one guy. But real life, yeah, good luck stop in that combination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be wow, it'd be kind of scary. Speaking of Buffalo receivers or form of Buffalo receivers, there is Stephan Diggs.
Speaker 3: I mean, Floria you are I think there's an obvious spot.
Speaker 1: Well you are, you are the most well versed in all things Stefan Diggs having been with the Bills for a number of years, So where is the spot for him?
Speaker 2: Dallas?
Speaker 3: I think him and his brother have been trying to make this happen. The Diggs has been very vocal in the past about knowing that he has like played significantly more football than he has left in him and that was prior to tearing his ACL. But remember when the Bills traded him last year, he had a four year deal. He reworked it to a one year deal because he wanted to be a free agent. Obviously ended up costing himself a lot of money when he gets injured, but you can't plan for that. But I think the Diggs brothers have It's been a goal of theirs, I think, to want to play with one another for a while now, and this might be their last chance.
Speaker 1: Both coming off of ACLS terrors too exactly together. I like that.
Speaker 4: I was actually taking on the West Coast though for Diggs, And where's that Not any of the LA's but San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know if Diggs really fits in that offense. I mean, especially like if look if Kyle Shanahan is. Yeah, if they're over the whole brand and I you experience, I don't think they want to turn to stuff on Diggs.
Speaker 4: I think he's a change man. I mean he has a new woman in his life. Rumored Cardi B. She's also on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think that changed him?
Speaker 1: Wait, she's he's dating Bill challis what Cardi B is? What's happening?
Speaker 4: It's rumored, it's not anything in Stone the fantasy streets are talking that Cardi B and him are dating. So I definitely think it will influence him to kind of stay close.
Speaker 1: You know, bro, he can pay for country, she can pay for cross country fly. What are we doing? They could both afford to pay for cross country fly. It's not really going to be an issue there. Yeah, I don't know. Diggs in Dallas is sort of interesting because I don't I'm just curious how he and CD would coexist. You know, I don't know that. I don't know that that CD Lamb is going to be necessarily vocal about his frustration, but I think it would exist. Stefan Diggs, you know, will not hesitate to tell you how he's feeling.
Speaker 2: I think Diggs kind of has to.
Speaker 3: Like Odell underwent that late season change where like on the Rams where he was like, look, Cooper cup is the guy. I think Diggs would naturally kind of have to accept that. But yeah, you never know with him, you never.
Speaker 1: Really know at this one. Next time my list Keenan Allen here, I mean one ideally he just comes back to the Chargers like although that I don't know how that works with lad McConkey there, but assuming that's not going to happen, which seems highly unlikely. Keenan Allen and Pittsburgh, did that do anything for you guys, Pittsburgh?
Speaker 4: I like both lookups like in thought like h I didn't think about that. That's why it depends what the quarterback is. It does, it does a lot.
Speaker 1: See now I like it. I feel like that doesn't matter quite as much just because of what Alan does and how he's able to get open, he can work from the slot, he can get opened consistently. Like you're not expecting him at this point in his career to play on the outside. It have to be no press coverage. But if you can get the matchups right, you can be a He could be a nice target for whomever the quarterback is going to be. Uh, we are still very much sort of up in the air on that one.
Speaker 3: I was thinking just running back with the Bears, I was just thinking, that's actually on my notes like Bears, but.
Speaker 1: Like Steelers is interesting to me.
Speaker 4: I only think that the quarterback managed to me because the quarterback needs to be able to support more than one wide receiver, and I think, you know that's gonna definitely be in question, like can you support X, Y and Z literally, And I don't think that happens with the justin fields or maybe even a Russell Wilson if he comes back.
Speaker 2: Are you saying George Pickens is a head case?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely. You want Keenan Allen there, right, It's like you want you know, he's a little more level headed, he's a little more steady.
Speaker 4: If George Dickens can bully the quarterback like if you put Kirk Cousins back there and you have George Pickens with his personality, might bully him into only having one target, Like I would hate for Keenan Allen to go there and not be able to produce. Like if the quarterback is scared of your number one wide receiver, that's going to be an issue.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Yeah, I don't know. I think Keenan Pittsburgh works. I think Stephan, now you want somebody in Chicago, why not send Stefan Diggs to Chicago and let him take over this. Let him take over the slot targets. Uh that that Keenan Allen is vacating. See what Ben Johnson can do, See how he can work that. I mean, you know you've got ODU and DJ Moore on the outside. Why not put step On Diggs there, you know, and let him operate.
Speaker 3: You worry about Diggs complaining about targets in Dallas? Oh yeah, I mean, but if you would tear that building down, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I'm curious what would have happened if the Texans had their receivers healthy for an entire season, Like, would that have been an issue there too? Right? Because that was the thing we were all concerned about going into the season. Is how many targets were going to be available for each guy? We never you know, we'll never find out, because you know, it was rare that all three of them were on the field at the same time, and even.
Speaker 3: When they were, Dell was not healthy, so you never really saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sobbed we were, No, we really were robbed of seeing what it could be with all three of those guys together. It was very intriguing and and now we'll never know how many looks did it take to get to the Sussi role center of a tussy pop. I'm gonna let that boat pass. Amarti Cooper, I mean, Florida was not memorable. His stint in Buffalo last year. It'd be one of those things for like years from now, when you know you're looking back on Mario's Cooper A Cooper's career, you'd be like, oh, yeah, he did play for the Bills for a little bit, So I see another one. Is there still something left in the tank for a Mari Cooper? And where should he go? Or is it maybe that he's just you know, about to fade into Bolivian.
Speaker 3: I think he's on that line right, like he might have another year or so left in him, but he's quickly approaching.
Speaker 2: I don't believe he is.
Speaker 3: The Amari Cooper from a couple of years ago anymore, because even when he was with the Browns, it was easy to be like, it's all Deshaun Watson's fault, but he was getting a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 2: And wasn't turning it into a bunch of production.
Speaker 3: And then the whole it was a really weird tenure with the Bills, like he was playing behind Matt Collins and and Keon Coleman, but the Bills have said a lot of that was due to run blocking. I think Amari Cooper can be really good number two. Before the Commander's traded for Deebo, I thought that was a good spot for him. But I think the Patriots makes sense, Like you know, I've been pounding the table for the Patriots. He can be a field stretcher for Drake may. I don't think he can be the only wide receiver you bring in and you say we're done. But I do think you sign him and you're like, Okay, this is a huge upgrade on anything we had. We still have a strong armed quarterback who could take advantage of a Cooper's downfield presence. And yeah, again for fantasy, he'd probably be like a wide receiver three or four, but he'd be a betteran basketball player for sure if he ended up in New England.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Patriots were the first team that came to mind for me, and you're right, he's not. He would not be the crown jewel of your off season. It's like, hey, we got a Marii Cooper, let's go. Like you would have to either find somebody else in free agency, draft somebody, but you know, I think he'd be an interesting piece in New England for sure. Chris Godwin lakwan Is. Is it as simple as he just goes back to Tampa or is there something else out there for him?
Speaker 4: Chris Godwin, I think it's the only best fit in Tampa, man.
Speaker 1: I can't see him wearing any.
Speaker 4: Other jersey honestly, Like, I don't see him being the Chris Godwin that we known in love and getting.
Speaker 1: That type of production.
Speaker 4: Like I think it works with him in Baker Mayfield, man, Like I would hate to see him go somewear like New England or ghosts to wear like the Jets or even like somewhere else, like so random, like where you're like, how did you even end up in Tennessee? Like I would hate to see that happen for him, Like you know, like I think sometimes it just works for some players, and I think it just works for him to stay put where he's at.
Speaker 1: You're great, Florida, New England.
Speaker 4: Drake may is gonna have like six wide receiver ones, but Godwin and Cooper would be a.
Speaker 2: Great one too, I think, all right, yeah, maybe not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm I'm trying to imagine him fitting in New England. Maybe maybe it's because I can't imagine him wearing the uniform, doesn't it does.
Speaker 3: Jayleen, McMillan needs to fly, come on, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I'm okay with that part of it. I am. I'm okay opening the door for McMillan to go out and have his opportunities. I don't know, Josh McDaniels with uh, they love the slot they do, they absolutely do. I mean Tom Brady obviously made a very healthy living throwing his slot receivers in his twenty year NFL career, so including Chris Godwin, But what about the Mario Douglas. We like Pop, We love Pop Douglas.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean he had his chance, did he really come on?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Pop Douglas is a nice option when you don't have a lot of other options. Yeah, it's what it is. If if they bring somebody else in, then the Mario Douglas is like hey, man, like he immediately gets pushed to like the you know he does. He becomes New England's like Darius Slayton. That's what it is. He's that guy that like they're trying to move on from there, trying to get rid of him, and every once in a while he'll raise up and you know, have like a ninety yard game with a touchdown, you'd be like, yeah, you still got something left, you know. That's that's what's gonna happen. That's what it is. Deontay Johnson has anybody fallen from like he was like every fantasy analyst favorite receiver to this dude just keeps getting punted around like that's in the space of a year. It just it fell apart so quickly. I'm gonna just throwing out here. Y'all can tell me if I'm crazy or not. Jacksonville Deontay Johnson with the Jaguars. You're not crazy, Okay, Yes.
Speaker 3: Bull said, yeah, I was gonna say XFL.
Speaker 1: And then when the UFL started up in a few weeks, you know, I just it's it was wild, right because he goes to Carolina and we all thought, well, he's going to excel there. He's going to elevate Bryce Young, it's gonna be a great deal for everybody, and you know that didn't. He played for three teams last year, insane, played for a couple of teams twice, right, didn't. He went to the Ravens, got released, what's used to I released, went back to the Ravens again. Like it's just I don't I don't know what's going on or what, but it's just weird.
Speaker 3: He was going to get a ring on like three of the teams that were left in at one point.
Speaker 1: Except he didn't play for the team that actually won the Super Bowl. He did not even did that pass through there any point. Yeah, thirty three catches, three hundred and seventy five yards by the end, just couldn't get on the field wherever he was.
Speaker 2: That was just it seems like a head case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like Baltimore was like a weird situation, like I know, like Baltimore don't care for wide receivers, but it's more so of like what did you say?
Speaker 1: Like what was going on?
Speaker 3: He refused to play Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like what were you in there talking about? Bro?
Speaker 4: Where's your pr handler agent? Like they should reel you in because Baltimore was like a perfect situation for him.
Speaker 3: He was like, you're not giving me all the snaps. You're getting none of the snaps. Then I want at all or nothing, to.
Speaker 1: Which point the Ravens were like, I'm man like, suit yourself.
Speaker 3: And then I thought he would. I was like, Houston, they need wide receivers and they were playing him like it was weird.
Speaker 1: All yeah, there's definitely more than you know, certainly what we are privy to, because it just it's amazing to see how quickly he fell out of favor with three different teams. He'll be on the Chiefs or something, man, No worry about it.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: That does make a lot of sense. The Marquise Brown, who we didn't see a ton of with the Chiefs because of injury this year, I don't know the quint. It just seems like he's just got to go back to Kansas City, Like, let's let's actually give this a run. Let's see for real if this can actually happen, Like I just can't imagine anywhere but Kansas City for for how with this year Kansas City.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it seemed like we were kind of robbed in the earlier season him picking up that injury. But I'm gonna say it, Rams, I would like to see him over there in LA because we honestly need a field stretcher. We need somebody that's going to be able to play that X as well. And I think he could still, you know, be one of those like dangerous wide receivers, sneaky wide receivers that can play it too. Like I definitely feel as though that, you know, for the sense that to two at well as a free agent, DeMarcus Robinson aka Marcus Grant is a free agent as well. I just feel as though that he would like have such a fresh start in LA to where like there's no pressure of like what he needs to do honestly, and.
Speaker 1: He can actually be Hollywood in Hollywood the man. Would that change your feelings though? On Pooka winning the Triple Crown. If if Markus Brown was here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not because most times, if not, he will probably be a decoy, you know, and that and decoys are good in my book. Decoys are good for McVeigh offense as well, so the other guy can eat. I mean seeing it happen multiple times with Robert Woods, Brandon Cooks, etcetera, etcetera. Like Sammy Watkins, we go back. These guys are killing guys that were able to produce on their own when given the chance, but that wide receiver one was going to excel at New Heights.
Speaker 1: I have not heard the name Sammy Watkins in a few years. It's been a minute. That was a great year with the Rams. Man Him and Robert Woods both came over from Buffalo right about the same time it started bawling out, and poor Tyrod Taylor was stuck there at Buffalo being like, what you guys shipped away all my dudes and now you want me to try to make magic? Like what's happening here, Tommy Florida? Do you co sign Marquis Brown to the Rams or is there or something else?
Speaker 2: I think that she I would be okay with him there in La.
Speaker 3: But I really do want to see and I say this as someone who has been personally victimized by Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs many many times, I do want to see what a full year of Mahomes would look like with Rashid, Rice Savior Worthy, Marquis Brown, because I was so excited for last year. I think a lot of it wasn't just me. A lot of people were really excited to see what the Chiefs offense could look like with all that speed, and it was all taken from us really before it ever started. So I think it could be that would probably lead to the best fantasy version of Mahomes we could get.
Speaker 1: Right now, we should do a fake commercial like have you been victimized by Patrick Mahomes? You couldn't be out the compensation like something like that, right, and just Bills fans, forty nine Ers fans, you know, like everybody but Eagles fans, like they would just point in line.
Speaker 4: And Rams fans. We got a ring in the middle of that dynasty, so it would just be awfo.
Speaker 1: Well, if you have to run up on them like you just avoided them all together, you're.
Speaker 3: Like to be the narrator and me and you were just sad, just sitting there like all great in the background and stuff, looking all seven and everything. Our teams are the top two that have been victim Like you could argue with twenty one, but it's easily the forty nine Ers and.
Speaker 2: Bills is top two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, easily for I mean, Raider fans will be in there because I mean they're in the division. And that's what it used to being victimized.
Speaker 3: Man, there a Week fourteen game doesn't compare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man. Last morning I got to my list of wide receivers. Christian Kirk, I mean just released by the Jaguars or going to be released soon, I should say by the Jaguars. You know, had the one really good year, was banged up, which has kind of been the story of his career at Florio. It's just he's never really been able to consistently stay healthy. My real first thought about Christian Kirk is, why don't we just have a reunion in the desert, come back to Arizona, you know, play alongside Marvin Harrison Junior. I mean, look, I want the best for Michael Wilson. I think maybe he but I think I just don't know. That he gets much better than what we see out of Michael Wilson the first couple of years. And they're gonna need somebody else for Kyler, and you know, why not bring back Christian Kirk without the pressure of having to be a number one receiver?
Speaker 3: There you see this Lakwan's he's signing the Greg George death.
Speaker 1: I think Greg Dortch is a free agent too, like restricted, they can match the tender. I'm already on Twitter and making.
Speaker 4: Type of you know, deals of like how the Rams should sign him on a very cheap tender, match the Cardinals and we have.
Speaker 2: Greg Dortch in LA.
Speaker 4: But I do like Christian Kirk going back to the Desert just based on that's where he was his last productive like at a top, top tier and that's how he got that contract, you know. And it's it's unfortunately, you know, the Jacks released him, but he could end up, you know, maybe in New York with the Jets. They need a slot wide receiver and with him healthy, a healthy Christian Kirk is a very productive wide receiver and he was able to hold his own in that first year as a Jaguars wide receiver one and like he could play that slot and be very available whoever they have, you know back there quarterback. It might be Tyrod Taylor, who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, Garrett Wilson, Garret Wilson, Christian Kirk pairing. That's not bad, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: It's a cheap deal too.
Speaker 4: And I really feel as though you still have Garret Wilson in his heart, that he's still the wide receiver one, and I have to be overshadowed by an alpha, you know, coming in.
Speaker 3: I thought the Bills maybe Homer interesting I know, yeah, no, no, I think I think the Bills would work. Him and Allen have a relationship. Plus also, like you can move him in Shakir out wide in the slot. But even more than that, a reunion of sorts. Let's get him and Calvin Ridley running it back together in Tennessee. We know these two can coexist, and the Titans need a receiver.
Speaker 2: Who knows who their quarterback will be?
Speaker 3: Though, But I'm say Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley and you're cooking with fire.
Speaker 1: That's sort of the interesting part. Wow, that's a combination, LaQuan. Why would you want the Rams to sign Greg Dortch and you have Greg Dortch at home in the form of two two out.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean well, Greg Dortch had his run in La a short stint.
Speaker 1: Let's bring him home.
Speaker 4: He was supposed to be a ram and I'm a huge fan of Greg Dortch, and he brings.
Speaker 1: To what we want?
Speaker 3: Is it too too?
Speaker 2: Just faster?
Speaker 3: Greg Dortch to two is faster.
Speaker 1: As a decoy.
Speaker 4: I mean again, to two had his best season this last year. I hope he gets paid and if he comes back home, it ain't no you know, smoke for him. But I really feel as though you get you get Greg Dortch. He's explosive, way more explosive about it the slot than Cooper cup currently is. And he's a guy that can create after the catch.
Speaker 1: This is all we need. On the offense.
Speaker 4: We have Pooka the y act monster springing a mini monster like Greg Dortch and't actually get him.
Speaker 1: Involved on a three wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Lakwan is the only person in the world who would say the only thing a team is missing is Greg Dortsch.
Speaker 1: Yes, what I'm Maybe it's because I just heard it so much last year, Like I almost got Dorsch pilled. Like in the drafts. He's like by the end of draft season, like I was taking Dorsch like late. You know, he was like kind of last player off the board sort of thing, like you know, I mean because it was easy, Like hey, if it doesn't work out, I could just release him. And I'm not really you know, upset, but the.
Speaker 4: Yeah five, he's top five in yards after the catch per reception. Like this dude creates everything in his say, Trey McBride, that feels like it feels like how to lie with statistics?
Speaker 1: Man, No, man, no, this.
Speaker 3: Is real life man numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, it just seems like fun with numbers, Doug Like all right, man. McBride even co signed it at Super Bowl media week. When I asked him, he's like, yo, you gotta get him back. He's explosive with the ball in his hand.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. You can look it up on my timeline. But he's he's a good dude. He's a good player. Man.
Speaker 3: I love you fighting the good fight.
Speaker 1: Man. Was it yards after catch per reception, which okay, he had he had thirty seven catches. I mean, like that's a.
Speaker 4: That's not his fault. How many of those catches did he catch a great catch percentage. I'm pretty sure it's in the seventies. Yeah, he had a seventy four percent catch catch. You he's not on the field. It's not his fault, it's not his problem. It's whatever the coordinator du Petts is doing.
Speaker 1: We obviously know it's We obviously know it's not Kyler Murray's job to get targets for Greg Dorsch. We know that much. Yeah, after he told us as much. He told us as much about Marvin Harrison. So if it's not his job to get Marvin Harrison targets, then you know, I don't know where Greg dors falls in the pecking order.
Speaker 4: Kyler Murray also said if he was a little bit taller, he'll be a top five wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Quote and unquote from Kyler Murray.
Speaker 3: It's so funny for.
Speaker 1: Kyler to say that, I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller like what.
Speaker 3: Coyler's eye level with Greg Doorsby, like man, only if you were taller.
Speaker 1: On that note, let's take a break, we'll come back. We'll talk some running backs. A handful of interesting running back names out there, will dive into where we think they should land. That's coming up next on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast as we get ready to sort of wrap up our free agency primer, and the next week we'll be back with you sort of keeping you updated on all the moves that are happening and what it could mean for your fantasy future. A lot of free agent running backs out there, some of the interesting ones. Aaron Jones comes to the top of the list right now. Florio, I just I don't see him leaving Minnesota. I mean, maybe he does, obviously he showed last year that he still has a lot left in the tank. But I just I can't imagine any world where the Vikings let him get out of the building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one of those that just it makes too much sense for both sides, Like where are you going to get for if you're the Vikings that you feel this comfortable with, Like this guy's had a lot of success and everything and it worked out last year. And if you're Aaron Jones, where are you going to go that's going to give you this amount of opportunity in a system that you know can get the most out of you, Like I know he's getting up there in age, but last season he didn't show signs of declining. If anything, he got better with the Vikings. So yeah, I think it's just a happy match made in heaven type suit.
Speaker 2: Like if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Just turned thirty at the start of December, so he's technically at the age cliff, but certainly was not showing any signs of it last year. Top ten runner, I mean, I think right now he is. I have a hard time arguing against that at all. Lukwan. Nick Chubb was at some point in his career a top ten runner. It's been a rough last couple of years. Injuries have certainly taken their toll on Nick Chubb. He's set to hit the free agent market. One I guess I should ask, like, how much do you think he has left? Can he still be productive? And to where is the best place for him to go to be productive? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, Like, he would have to go somewhere that the offensive line is a huge step up from what Cleveland was because last season we didn't really get to see him come back and be the superman that I thought he would be. I mean, really wasn't efficient? Was it like three point three yards per carry, and like his opportunities were getting cut by Jerome Ford, and like I think he's going to be more so in a one to two punch somewhere that has a healthy line. I mean, why not Chicago, Like they already made pieces this morning, you know, trying to get this week. I just say, trying to get guys on that old line. Maybe him and Swift work it out, but I really feel that he deserves another shot at some type of greatness on the line, to see how much he actually had in the tank.
Speaker 1: Any place you'd like to see him go Florio, I.
Speaker 3: Think the Browns, like I don't want him to be a star. I think his NFL career might be over. Like last year when he returned, at no point did he really have the burst of efficiency and then he broke his foot. So that's now another injury to come back from. But he just did it. From a real life standpoint, he is everything the Browns have right now. He is the player of a generation for them. He would look weird in any other uniform. So if this is his final year, and we're getting very close to that point, like give him a retirement towards a Cleveland Brown and let him ride off into the sunset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that would be nice. I mean, I don't know how he feels like. I feel like he wants to prove that he still has a little bit more left. Part of me thinks, why not go to like Tennessee. You know, I don't know what it means, like one of either you know, Tony Pollard or Taija Spears is gonna be the odd man out. Probably Spears, I would say, just based on contracts or whatever. But why not create a one two punch because that way neither guy has to feel like they're carrying the full load. You know, Chubb doesn't have to be the workhorse that he was during his prime years in Cleveland. Pollard doesn't necessarily have to have a workhorse type role. I mean, he had three hundred touches last year. Maybe you knocked that down to about you know, I don't know, two thirty to forty something like that. And I say that with a little bit of sadness because I've I have been waiting for ta j Spears to really blossom into something. But I think we saw last year that the Titans I don't think see that role for him. The fact that they had two guys who kind of do the same thing, but they pretty much gave one of those guys the primary job. I think that speaks to how they feel about spears. So why not try to create like a thunder lightning sort of thing and see what the see what the nick Chubb has left in the tank? So if you can do something with it, were he Moster, let's put Raheemosa and JK. Dobbins sort of in the same boat. But look, so you were suggesting Lakwam before the show that do you think Rahim Moster might hang him up?
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, I think this might be the last stop man. And it was a great run. I mean, Raheem must start was definitely a thing man.
Speaker 1: He lit it up. And I'm going to miss that year because I was really really hard on that train.
Speaker 4: I just can't see him going anywhere competing, you know, somewhere for a type of one to two punch or even a starting job right now. I mean last season, the right one was kind of on the wall. I mean, injuries are catching up to him ages up there. So it's like, more so which running back currently on a roster is he going to take over, Like, is it the Bengals? Can you see him taking Chase Brown? No, Like, it's like kind of hard to pinpoint where to put raheem moster right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll be thirty three in April. As you mentioned last year, just eighty five carries two hundred and seventy eight yards, a huge come down from where he was in twenty twenty three. We had the twenty one total touchdowns, eighteen on the ground. Maybe it is maybe this is sort of it. I you know, I don't know if Floria. It just seems like if he were to keep playing and go somewhere, he really is in a very much a reserve role that seems hard to value for fantasy.
Speaker 2: There's literally if the Dolphins cut him, there's one team I think that would pick him up, and it's the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Like to go back to the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just thrives in that system and he knows it so well. And I think if you're Kyle Shanahan, you could be like, let's throw him on the practice squad or make him like inactive when we don't need the depth. But if you're ever in a pinch and forty nine Ers are never in a pinch when it comes to running backs.
Speaker 1: No, never, never.
Speaker 3: Shanahan trusts Moster that he could give him ten fifteen touches in a week or something like that.
Speaker 1: You know, it feels sort of like, I maybe slightly different circumstances, but a little bit like the Chiefs going back to Kareem Hunt last year. Yeah, you know, I mean with Hunting was very much kind of break glass in case of emergency because everybody got hurt. But you know, that seems to be the trend for the Niners too, so it could be. Yeah, maybe they do reunite with most of it and he ends up getting a significant number of carries. But it just feels like a hard thing to gauge for fantasy, the quant any thought to JK. Dobbins, I mean, it was great for much of last year with the Chargers, but it also feels like it feels like a thing that's hard to duplicate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Chargers would be ideal for him to return back, but I think the Steelers would be good for him, man, because if they're gonna be running that rock, I think you want a motivated JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins, a paid JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 4: I just say, if you're going to move on from Naji Harris and Jalen Warren, I just think that would be like a perfect fit that they wouldn't have to really worry about a guy that's gonna like work to get those extra yards. And what if you bring Jalen Warren back. I think a JK. Dobbinson Jalen Warren one two bunch looks like a lot better than you know, a Naji Harrison Jalen Warren where they're kind of just eating at each other, same same ordeal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean i'd be interesting. I can actually see Ak Dobbins in a Steelers uniform. I would love that we keep we keep tinkering with the Steelers.
Speaker 3: You replaced Naji Harris with slightly faster Nase Harris.
Speaker 1: Yes, that works upgrading. What's funny is that we keep we keep tinkering with the Steelers offense, like thinking of a quarterback here, a wide receiver there, and and all the different permutations of it still come out to just being mid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But they're going through the playoffs, you know it all just it all just screams ten and seven, like all of it. Whatever we do.
Speaker 3: Take that I think Dobbins isn't going anywhere though, I think I think it was too good in LA. They love him, he knows the coaches all that, but I'm not drafting him in fantasy.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think I'm out again the Hills. But okay, but Florida'll talk to me about about Jalen Warren and Naji Harris, right, I mean, one come back? Both none? I mean, what what do you see for them? Where is there a spot? And then either one of them can can succeed.
Speaker 3: I think the Steelers might bring both back. Like it's kind of crazy, but like they do weird things. I personally would let Naji Harris walk and the team that I think signs him is it's the most this team move in the world, the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry bringing in Nase Harris to be like their new Zeke Elliott and stuff like that and force feed him a bunch I saw on Twitter yesterday.
Speaker 2: I wish I remember who tweeted it.
Speaker 3: He's never had a forty yard run in his career, which is insane really but apparently so. I didn't fact check it, but I saw that on Twitter and I was mind blown. But he's big, he's physical. You can feed him the ball a lot, and so I could see them they need a running back in Dallas. I just kept thinking, like, this feels like a Jerry Jones move. And speaking of Jerry Jones, he should be sending flowers to Nico Harrison and the Dallas Mavericks because all of the photos off the Cowboys right now in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Uh, Nico Harrison is going to need witness protection. The way this season is going.
Speaker 3: Right now, I've never seen a team crumble faster than the Mavericks the last moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, you know, obviously you have the self inflicted move of trading away Luka Donsich for a bag of magic beans. But on top of it, all the guys that you have left get hurt and now you've lost Kyrie Hearing for the rest of the season. Like you know, I don't know, Ranger season can't start fast enough in the Metro books, you know, That's all I know? Yeah, Actually, what about say Jalen Warren with the Giants and as like a complimentary piece to partner him up with Tyrone Tracy. I like, I like Devin Singletary you know, it's a nice player, but you know, we've seen the best of Devin Singletary. I think I think Warren can come in and sort of play that role and play it a little bit better while still allowing Tracy opportunity to develop and grow and get some more touches. You know. I feel like that's a good fit.
Speaker 4: I'd like that, but I like Denver better for Jalen Moore.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that one a lot. I like that one.
Speaker 4: Because he brings that attitude. I think Sean Payne's looking for that that running back position.
Speaker 1: I know there are a few guys on this list and I was like, what about Denver And I just was like, no, I just too many running backs. But it's just right, It just it'll work. It gives my soul indigestion.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, he's one of those dudes I think could fit on all thirty two teams. And we all love him, Like Marcus, I know you, You've been a Warren stand and we're all gonna climber for him to go somewhere like Denver, and then he's gonna end up signing as like a depth piece, as like a like somewhere where.
Speaker 2: We're like, why couldn't you go somewhere good.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah, he'll go to like Cincinnati. Yes, yeah, exactly exactly. I would hate I can see free agency, friends are gonna be a That's exactly how everybody would react, Like.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have like one or two of those signings, Like why did.
Speaker 3: You go there?
Speaker 1: Why? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would love to see him get a chance to be a starter, But I don't know he will.
Speaker 1: I know, I just like Denver. Sean Payton hates us, Like why would we send people to Denver? He hates us, he really truly does.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh could bring back Warren and draft a running back and have a one two punch there like killing Johnson.
Speaker 4: They draft Kaylor Johnson and James Warren. That's going to be dangerous.
Speaker 1: Hey, Taylor Johnson wouldn't have to change colors, like he could keep all the same he keep all the same sweats like the colors wouldn't change or anything.
Speaker 4: And they run a lot of outside zones, so that's where he'll eat.
Speaker 1: Arthur Smith is running the most.
Speaker 3: I mean they literally drafted Kenny Pickett because he knew the workout facilities, so I wouldn't put it past.
Speaker 1: Speaking of players that some of us really like. There's Javonte Williams, who only you like Lucas, What do.
Speaker 3: You mean only me?
Speaker 2: That's not worry coming out of college.
Speaker 1: But I live at Carolina and I really held on for a while because I kept you know, in some ways it was a lesser version of Kyle pittsfrom like it's not his fault, like the circumstances they're not working out, and at this point of kind of like I think it, you know, I think it. The dream may be over, at least in terms of what I had hoped for from Javonte Williams. I don't know, uh, I mean, wherever he goes, I think he's a complimentary piece to some to someone else. I don't know, a New Orleans Maybe.
Speaker 4: I was about to say the Saints just seemed like it's just sitting there in my.
Speaker 1: Right, like somebody has insurance for Alvin Kamara. Yeah, you know, in a rebuilt offense, that's kind of his role now, you know, Yeah, you sound so sad about it.
Speaker 2: Because I am sad.
Speaker 1: Like this is back, this is back to how I felt when he got drafted, right, he got drafted by the Broncos and they still had Melvin Gordon there, and like I felt sad, and Adam Rank talked me into believing it was gonna be okay, and you know, God bless your Rank. I appreciate it, but it was never okay. It was never okay. It's a good friend, man, I know, and I respect that. I appreciate it, but it just they had never turned out okay, you know. So yeah, now I'm back to like that again, like, oh, Jamante.
Speaker 3: Well, if he goes to the Chiefs, I was just gonna say, I could see him being insurance to like or like the Browns, a team that have a running back. But like, that's the thing is that either any of those teams, he's still probably the number two and probably not getting enough opportunity to to really make it happen. One wacky one I had in mind was the Cardinals. I know, I know, you you're the backup. Is your boy, Trey Benson is your boil. James Connors at the end of his rope, Maybe they bring in another running back. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I love James Connor. It makes me sad to say that he's getting towards the end of that Rope, super toxic man.
Speaker 1: Damn give him a chance toxic he says, Yeah, I mean everywhere, wherever, wherever Javante goes, it's going to be as a backup to somebody. And you know, I think I've made peace with that. It still hurts my heart a little bit.
Speaker 4: It won't be a pain in the side. I mean, you could take the job, run away with it. I mean it wouldn't be like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but I just don't. I don't see where he could go where that potentially happens. You know, it also feels it also feels like they could, you know, you end up in like New England and then both and then both he and Ramandre Stevenson ended up being just unusable. Yes, yes, it seems like a New England thing. Yes, they pair him up with Remondre. They're neither guy's usable or we hate the results, Like I could see that totally happening anyway. I am a champion at ending our shows on down, depressing sade.
Speaker 2: This is messed up.
Speaker 1: I know. I don't know. You want to talk about Daredevil or Madam Webb or something like that.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 1: Haven't watched the New Daredevil yet. I heard the only returns seem good, Madam Webb, is Hilaria bad? You know it's Hilaria bad. I mean it's it's you know, it's awful, but like in the funniest way possible. So yes, you know, if you ever want to waste a Friday or Saturday night, Florio, and uh, you're not one hundred percent sober, Madam.
Speaker 4: Web Like Floria likes bad movies though, like the dialogue bag, the story's bad. The entire production is bad. I mean everything is just bad. I mean, you would love it.
Speaker 3: It has to be entertaining bad though, Like if it's not, I'm out.
Speaker 1: It is, You're gonna be like why did they just say that? Why did this happen? What's going on now? When did this happen in the story? Why is there a major emergency happening? And all the people involved seem really freakishly calm about it?
Speaker 3: Like, on the scale of one to four brothers, how bad is it?
Speaker 1: I never seen four Brothers?
Speaker 2: What film Festival?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a bad movie, dude.
Speaker 3: I get made fun of by my friends all the time because I really love that movie when I was growing up.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad what that's not a bad movie, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: On a scale of one to Fast nine, how.
Speaker 1: Bad is it? Fast nine? It's worst. It's worse than Fast nine. It's up there. It's worse than Fast now it because the production value is not even as good as Fast nine. Like that's I heard.
Speaker 3: Like it, Like even the CGI or whatever looks fast bad movie.
Speaker 1: It's all bad. It's all bad. And like CGI, I always looks worse on a television screen. It looked bad in the theater, so I can only imagine what it's going to look like on your TV screen. This is hilarious. It crushed at the Razzies, you know, you always do the Razzies, like the day before the Oscars where they celebrate the worst movies of the year. I think it won like three or four awards, Wow, including Worst Pick Sure of the Year. So there it is.
Speaker 3: I like the idea of a film festival this year, rotating movies that we haven't seen. Yeah, I know, it's a lot harder to find movies that we've seen that you haven't, Marcus.
Speaker 1: With apparently like Hardball and Four Brothers we've already liked. There, you grant that's at least two of them right there. So yeah, we're working out. We got to put together schedule for the film festival this offseason, and we'll see what happens for sure. Wait for that, all right. A slightly more upbeat note to finish the show up, So we'll put the ship here. That'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, save and healthy, do good, and live well. We'll return with you next week to get you ready for free agency frenzy. I mean, I'm enjoyed the week and everybody. I would talk to you again real soon. Wow.
Speaker 3: Hotel