Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Always an honor when we fill in for one of the greatest ever Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: You got comed one Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: It's always fun. Live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Steve Carino, kid from Union, New Jersey. Rich Davis put the square in Franklin Square.
Speaker 2: Danny G. Could I give you an observation? Yeah, as I was, Sam's running the running the show here. We got big mic in a few minutes. We'll have some fun here. When you do a different time at any job you have, it changes your gym schedule and you see a whole new world. It's just your gym schedule. Because my bellies a little like, but oh.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear about Jane, your gym schedule, Like you don't go to the gym at all, but because you're just too tired and I can't do this.
Speaker 2: It's like new random people like who these were mutants? Who's that hawk girl?
Speaker 4: Like I feel like the gym is like the one pm gym, like a completely different crowd.
Speaker 3: It's like who's that Yeah, people who do the third shift to the first shift.
Speaker 6: Also, you might need a little nap after your job, and so one day kind of feels like two days, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like two parts.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully you are having a great morning. Hopefully you're having, like I said earlier today, a pc A type of week.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 4: Funny it ties into what DADG was saying because he was like, yo, man, PCA had a night.
Speaker 3: You know. I'm like, yeah, he had a walk off.
Speaker 4: Like two days ago, right, and he's like that was yesterday, Yeah, like two days ago. My clock is so thrown off lead off home run, walk off home run. The the MVP odds are shifting in his favorite over show. Hey yeah, so it's actually way closer than we would ever think. And the craziest part about it is that it's just so perfect that it's the Mets who gave him up. I'm a Mets fan, and it's just like there couldn't be something more typical that the Mets bet on every bunk prospect, but like the one they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh well we'll deal Pca. But remember they're like, we can never part ways with Ventos or Baby or the Mets are criminal in like, there's no way we can deal so and so. But we could deal this guy and it works out bad every time. Just let me event for ten seconds.
Speaker 6: Before you get to that, let me say instant karma for you, my friend. Yesterday you were trying to clown on my Dodgers a little bit. And what happened to the Mets Tatist Junior?
Speaker 2: That was let me tell you, tattists Junior with that grand slam robbery of Lindor. When he jumps up and he does that, he stands at with that most cold ass pose.
Speaker 3: Like I'll be honest, I was. I had a clip for that. That was. That was. That was pretty bad ass.
Speaker 2: But just to think about how sorry my Mets are, think of all those pictures for a minute that you know.
Speaker 4: We don't need extra convincing. I think everybody knows. But go ahead, let's go back.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the like within the last ten years, the Mets decided to bank on Thor No, No's in the guard.
Speaker 3: Did that work out?
Speaker 4: Now the dark night, Matt Harvey, did that work out? Neither one of those guys are in the league. Who is the guy they said? Yeah, we'll let him go though, Zach Wheeler. You know, every year for the last couple of year cy young type of guy the Mets. Let's keep all, Let's keep uh. Oh, Fernando Francisco Alvarez untouchable baby untouchable. Vianto's untouchable a couple of years back. Oh pc A, Yeah, well we'll deal him.
Speaker 2: It's like, you can't, you can't make this up. It's how bad their decision making is.
Speaker 7: I don't want to like jump in out of turney. Okay, but it's not just about them being unable to recognize talent when it's sitting right in front of them. It's their inability to develop the talent when it's there. So you take a guy like PCA and you leave him on the Mets. He's not PCA bro, he's not looking for MVPs bro. He does not have the support to do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're right, it's to me, it's just, uh, it's just always this way. And I'm sure you everyone feels that way about their team.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's fans of different teams in the NFL, Major League Baseball, NBA where you're.
Speaker 3: Like, there's always happens to my team.
Speaker 2: But I do feel like I'm not I'm not being a prisoner of my own team. I really do feel like the Mets have a knack of these terrible decisions.
Speaker 3: I feel like I should talk to somebody about it. You know what, this is good therapy talking.
Speaker 2: You know what's what's wrong.
Speaker 3: That's my Mets. I can't take it down.
Speaker 4: Do you feel better that you got this your chest? To be honest, big audience, Dan Patrick, I apologize. I'm just saying it's just a god, it's frustrating. It's like, uh, by the way, you know Frank the tank from barstool that every I feel like that poor guy's got a heart attack.
Speaker 2: He gets so upset about his teams. He actually read someone reposted in twenty twenty one. He said, like this is I got hearte you. This is gonna be the worst move the Mets ever made. Get rid of Pca. And because I think he was that touted guy, Danny. You know how every team you know your Dodgers, can you know you know your Yankees, the guys that they tout in the minor League's like he's the guy.
Speaker 3: PCA was the guy.
Speaker 2: And they just said, well, in that moment, they really thought Hobby Bayez was the short term answer. And it clearly wasn't you know, But then again, doesn't does Guys that don't work out for every team?
Speaker 3: You thought? Vulpeople wash your next guy.
Speaker 4: So, I mean exactly what doesn't always pan out? So they took a chance. It's just their chances aren't working. Rich is a Mets fan, a disgruntled, sad, sad Mets fan. I'm a Yankees fan. We got Danny g Dodgers fan. Iowa Sam, He's just a I don't know, Hey, I grew up Rudy for the Phillies. There you go, uh, and now we welcome she guy. She stakes Sammy a guy who runs this place?
Speaker 3: Who? Yeah? I mean, so I've heard Mike who runs his take.
Speaker 4: The Microphone Assassin.
Speaker 1: It's time for Mike who runs this take?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 6: Big Mike may get to be in charge of this segment, but he still doesn't run this place. He really doesn't even run this segment when you think about it, because this Mike can be turned off by Sam at any moment.
Speaker 1: It may be true, but Big Mike does get to pick the topic and then CNR offer their strong opinions on it. Consider it a warm up to Midweek Mature Mike, who rubs this take.
Speaker 4: Don't be confused. If you're watching the show, it's not Stone Cold. Steve Austin is Cold Stone Mike, thanks Cove.
Speaker 3: That's if you're new to our show. Mike's a guy that runs the office here. He oversees, he sends people around, and we always hate you what Mike. He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: He always says some either wildly dumb stuff or insightful stuff. So Mike comes in here once a week and gives a wild take and we decide if it's ridiculous or there's some merit to it.
Speaker 7: And today we are talking about a I and what it is doing to our society unless.
Speaker 3: The teams go. Of course, the days when AI meant Ellen iverson right and we've got a little sports crossover with AI.
Speaker 7: As a matter of fact. Uh, I want you guys to I don't know if you saw this online. Jason else uh with his or yeah, Jason with his commercial where he is Uh. He's not really very happy with the AI data centers. Sam AI data centers wet millions of gallons of water.
Speaker 8: That's why I look with death and Garage Beer to sign the team up.
Speaker 3: We want your pee to cool.
Speaker 8: These data centers. We want your P. Please give us your P. Let's be on computers together, watch pe.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, so that's funny. That's funny of Jason saying about our p. So it really it begs the question about what AI is really doing to society, not just with the data centers. Obviously that was tongue in cheek from you know, nobody really wants your pee. Please don't actually send him your pee. That's not a thing. But the real question is how is AI, and I would say, you know, ruining the next generation that are coming up. They're ruining And it goes back to the Columbia House discussion. We're not touching anything anymore. Everything is disappearing and all becoming digital. What is that doing to us as a society.
Speaker 4: It's a big story this week, actually, Mike. They're saying a lot of major corporations are trying to clear out the trash because all this AI is flooding up all the systems, and even brands like Spotify and other music streamers removed seventy five million bulk uploads and duplicate songs and other spamy tracks just recently. Getting rid of the AI slop is a top priority for everybody is what they're saying. Google described how the video service wiped one hundred and thirty thousand and channels of low quality content off its platform in the past six months. So all these major companies are like, yeah, this is a problem because people don't know what's real.
Speaker 3: It's watering down the product.
Speaker 4: You know, there's so many Jabbroni's out there that are just putting code into AI and saying They're saying things like this, Hey, make me a kid's channel, make me some nursery rhymes about a piglet.
Speaker 3: And here comes AI, here comes up videos and making us stupid and and we are losing our creators.
Speaker 4: But people think they could be the next big YouTube channel, and they're just pumping out crap that AI is throwing out there, and they're hoping that kids buy into it. And it is working for some people, but we're getting so much, so much crappy content, and we're losing I don't know if I don't know if it's more about quantity and less quality now, I don't know if it's so, I don't know if it's such crappy content.
Speaker 3: I think I think what's happening trash.
Speaker 2: I think what's happening is we're sadly seeing AI make something in mere seconds that used to take a creative.
Speaker 3: Human quite a while to do.
Speaker 2: It could be a like if you're on the radio or doing a podcast, a bit or a parody song, or like even like people that are authors and writing scripts and books and everything like it's I'm telling you, Mike, it's uh, it's terrible. I think over generations, if it doesn't go away, people are just gonna lose all sensitive, creative.
Speaker 3: And don't forget.
Speaker 7: For about ten years, there was this this deep fake thing that everybody was talking about. Nobody talks about deep fakes anymore. There's no such thing as a deep fake because your AI can do that in ten seconds.
Speaker 3: It's called it all fake.
Speaker 4: It's dangerous also because I feel like occasionally I get fooled.
Speaker 2: So if you have boomer parents, they could be consuming all fake stuff on social.
Speaker 4: Whether it's news, politics, local stuff, national stuff. There's stuff where you know, there's scams going on where people are doing AI of like an older person's kids, like I need money, Mom, send it here. Like there's so many layers where this could go wrong, but I do feel like you know your daughter's a teenager. The younger generation, they sniff, they sniff it out, and they're sort of fighting back like, yea, this is lame, Like the the idea of AI to a teenager is lame, which even graphic. I think the promise and the hope is that younger people think it's corny. And when younger people think it's corny, I think that there's a we're gonna you remember what.
Speaker 3: Problem, Mike, Mike, what didn't my Space go away?
Speaker 4: My Space was the coolest, it got spammy, it got overdone, and then my Space went with fake women, fake.
Speaker 2: Women, like look at look at social media. Now you click on something and it's like that girl's not even real.
Speaker 7: But here's the problem. Here's the problem. The thing that's not spammy and uncool to the to the kids is using it to pass a test, using it to write a paper, using it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: And that's my point is that's I think what we're losing more than anything is our own creativity, as like a society, as like a human species. Like I'm talking about art, I'm talking about literature. I'm talking about basic communication, face to face with one another. We are losing these basic skills because we're just giving him to AI.
Speaker 4: We made the joke recently, how you know some kids again, most kids can sniff this out with Some kids say that they can't write a paper without AI at this point, And we made the joke recently, like we would write a paper without even reading the book.
Speaker 3: You know, it's idiography.
Speaker 4: It forced us to use our right again your working.
Speaker 7: Listen, I made up an entire book to write a book report on, like I made up the publishing company. I made up the title because I meant like because because my teacher is really going to go check that this was really a book.
Speaker 3: Of course they're not.
Speaker 4: Going to the library the whole book. We used our brain and cliffs Notes. Yes, so we got to pour one out the cliff.
Speaker 5: Me and Danny were talking about how like AI is kind of like Cliff's notes, Like you should only use it as like a reference, not as something to base your entire project or paper around.
Speaker 7: If you're using an AI prompt, use it as a prompt, don't use it as your actual content.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to.
Speaker 7: Get a prompt and then do your own creative thought process. I have a question writing it figuring it out learning, Mike. Let's say you go to give me any NFL team, the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say you're Caroline, that is your team. You're the only guy that ithers, Mike. So let's know any other Panthers Panther fans. Yeah, I was gonna say good colors. Yeah, cool logo.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing I'd say. Nice kidding, Caroline. So let's say you're interviewing Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: All right, do you if you I guess you've seen this on social media where someone's caught like a not for the Panthers, but people have caught young reporters being like, hey like CHATBT. What question should I ask Brush Young?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that like cheating as a reporter? Like are people using AI too much? Whether they're not even using their own noggin or do you think that's a tool.
Speaker 7: My hope is that in a situation like that, this reporter is not going to stand out and is not going to be able to continue a career by doing that sort of thing because they're not actually getting unique and insightful questions from AI.
Speaker 3: And is always accurate. AI is not always accurate either, you know.
Speaker 7: But that's by the way, that's going to change. Don't forget we're in the infancy of AI.
Speaker 4: They're uploading books as I speak. Well, the problem is they're.
Speaker 7: Uploading books and then they're kind of getting rid of the physical copies of those.
Speaker 5: They're chopping them up, and that's alarming because is very copy being gone.
Speaker 3: Is like, okay, well that was our last point of reference there.
Speaker 2: I think there's a guys, what happened when when socially quote woke culture woke culture got too there's a pushback, and the pendulum always sort of comes back to the middle, right. I think that AI, once you push the limit, there is gonna be that like younger kid pushback, like AI's corny and lame.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 2: I think eventually we'll find a place where AI fits into what we do.
Speaker 3: But like pump the brakes.
Speaker 4: I think at some point, I don't I like to think it's not gonna be the problem we think it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, you got these AI tech nerds, you know, pushing all these different companies. There's guys constantly on social media talking about it.
Speaker 2: We can we know what I talk about? Once in a while that, uh, we call it the old fashion. Sounds dirty, but it's not. Given the old fashion.
Speaker 4: Sometimes your instinct is too much to not use your head and you immediately look it up, not even chat, not even like chat or AI, like if Danny, if I was like, hey, what was the score that?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, Raiders Eagle super Bowl.
Speaker 4: But a lot of times use your brains instead of trying to be like how I was this going.
Speaker 3: You're so quick to not even try to It's the information highway, bro, information is super highway.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, Rich, we do live shows on PM Drive on the network, and when you ask a question out loud, I type it into my Advanced Chad GPT. We call them Chad because they's our homie and it gives me the info you need on the spot. So I hear what you're saying. But it's got to just be used as a tool. You can't you can't be lazy. Here's what I do, Like for brain Wave, our Friday game. I write the questions. I write my three answers that I think are like even and you guys are gonna have a hard time with. But then I shoot it over to my Chad GPT and I say, are any of these answers are runaway? And it'll tell me and then I look at other options. So I kind of use it to check my work or help me to advance my work, but I don't use it to do the work.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about this, Danny?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about some of the works in corporate America that runs every one of their emails through chat before they send it to their employees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, it's a six scard.
Speaker 7: AI is going to be smarter than us and soon like that's that's like I'll give you I don't know, terminator kind of.
Speaker 4: I think if you want to make a concise tweet, yeah, AI could help you there.
Speaker 3: If you're really trying to do.
Speaker 4: Something professionally, people pick up on it. Though you're saying, people pick up because there's a patterns we need to tell you. I'm telling you again, I have a teenage daughter, right, so she's right in that pocket.
Speaker 3: She could tell you. She knows if her teachers or coaches to straight up.
Speaker 4: Put it through AI because there's a patterns that they sniff out like immediately, and.
Speaker 3: Then when she'll she'll read it to me and she'll point it out.
Speaker 4: She could predict how the next sentence will be set up because it was clearly AI. But like Sam said, they will improve it, so eventually it becomes better.
Speaker 3: So you gotta be.
Speaker 6: Don't forget you and a lot of other people are using the free version. The free version is what gave me incorrect info. Once I started paying a small monthly fee, I have advanced information right now, I pay a little money.
Speaker 3: You can be smart like me.
Speaker 4: Right now, I think we just have to pour one out to not only the deep fake guy that you mentioned, Mike, but you know, the photoshop guy, because no one says photoshop anymore, Yo, what is that AI? No one says, Yo, that's photoshop this AI right, and the parody maker, like Ridge said, so if you're one.
Speaker 3: Of those two people, we feel bad for it. Je. No one's asked that guy anything in twenty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, James, use it as a tool, use it to your advantage.
Speaker 5: It's not a lot different from you know, Google. We'll say, oh, google it, and no one bats an eye at that. But the next level the use of it, Yeah, it's next level, and it is improving. They still make mistakes. I remember old Google was like the most reliable thing you'd You'd be like one word from a song you could type in, oh, there's the song, listen. But the use of AI that I find like atrophies your brain the fastest is like summarizing emails and summarizing an article. You're like, just read the article. It's already like in bullet points. Why do you need to summarize it. You're you're lacking the details there.
Speaker 3: You know what it is. It's like everything in life.
Speaker 2: People push things and take it too far and you're like, if you just used it in moderation, it's like everything right, think about drugs, drinking, every everything, people of vices, gambling, your porn habits, that too, every everything rich.
Speaker 3: Rich.
Speaker 7: By the way, you guys were talking about physical CDs and videotapes earlier, and then you were thinking you were thinking, you.
Speaker 4: Were thinking of those big cases that smut used to come in milk kurts, the old puffy white vhs.
Speaker 3: Is it is either a Disney movie or something.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be watching, By the way, not is it weird that it was either like the snow White or something else?
Speaker 3: What is she doing with the seven dwarves.
Speaker 2: I just think that it's it's people going overboard with anything, right, moderation, like I said, gambling, like you said, smut uh.
Speaker 3: You could just say the Internet.
Speaker 4: It's like it had a great purpose, but you know then we use it for evil a.
Speaker 3: You can you can't ask humans to like keep it in moderation.
Speaker 5: There's always gonna be bad actors involved to use it and use it.
Speaker 7: I forget that, you know, like even the Internet, the Internet started with universities, like it was about education and sharing information. That's why the Internet started as the information super highway. And we have gotten to the point where it literally is it's so simple now that hell, half the time, my Alexa at home will tell me the answer I'm looking for and I haven't even asked for it, Like she just starts talking to me like oh do you want to know about this and that and the other thing?
Speaker 3: But like okay, hey, that's.
Speaker 5: Where we're headed, Like AI and your home is to start like thinking ahead so that you're like I would have thought of that like ten seconds later, but it already has all this stuff I need.
Speaker 3: Do you find it?
Speaker 2: Do you find it helpful when you're at home? Device your echo or whatever you have is like I think you're due to buy paper towels and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I am like, did you find that helpful? Or no?
Speaker 4: Sam, now that it is helpful, it's how you use it. But I think our phones it's making us weak. It's one step ahead of our thoughts. I've picked up on that so many times, like, Wow, how did they know? This is crazy? That's where my train track of thought was going. My phone's already there. But there is a great use, Like we were talking about pc A. If you're like, man, the guy hit a leadoff.
Speaker 3: Home run and a walk off Has anyone ever done that before? While Kevino's talking, I could Yeah, I could turn my mic and be like, hey, chat dude, has anyone ever done Hey? You're gonna put stat Muse out of business?
Speaker 4: Right, You're gonna put a Lias at the sports bureau out of work.
Speaker 7: Everybody's gonna be out of business. That's kind of half the point then, right, Like I can do so much stuff that we just don't need people for him.
Speaker 6: Mike, Yes, but joined an extremely short list, did he Yeah, that's what it says. See Vic Power. Darren Erstad read Johnson, Ian Kinsler, Chris Young and now Pcakarad.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard that name in a long time.
Speaker 4: Thanks chat, Chad, Mike, thanks for the take. We have more Covin and Rich ice Cube is going to join us. And here from Patrick Grenna and Daniel Fischel to Panga. They got a new show called Ugut Dad's and you'll you'll hear that interview and its entirety on our bonus pod. But we'll do that midwek major a lot coming up right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't.
Speaker 3: Listen to this show.
Speaker 9: No Mo the host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up. But I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 3: No Way, No how. Robots taking over.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday, Paully, Happy Birthday, Polly.
Speaker 5: Have you guys seen what like China's doing with robots and like how advanced they're getting.
Speaker 3: We're doomed. We are doomed, Sam, would you ever marry a robot? I not right now?
Speaker 4: Seen some of these prototypes there, it's like they look pretty good, like they're such a creak. They have this Superman robot that like runs it like twenty eight miles an hour.
Speaker 5: I'm like, uh, yeah, we're in Terminator two times here? Is that real or AI? Though I don't know it was real?
Speaker 3: Who knows? It looks fake?
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know what, And there's a UAPs on Mars. I don't know what to believe.
Speaker 3: Is it cheating if it's with a robot?
Speaker 4: No, of course, No, it's just the future. Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick The Great Dan Patrick. Day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick and Two Things. We're on Monday through Friday. iHeartRadio wapp look out for us right here on Fox Sports Radio. We're on from five to seven on the East Monday through Friday two to four on the West. So join us tomorrow at our regular time. And yeah, that's right, And we have a bonus podcast, it's sort of a hybrid of our Patreon show and Fox Sports Radio is called Over.
Speaker 2: Promise Uncensored, And this week you'll hear the full interview we had with Daniel Fischel Topanga and Patrick Grenna the Great Handbino. They got a new show called Dugout Dads, which is all about sports parents and all the stuff we go through coaching our kids and stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's a lot of fun. Over Promised, look it up, enjoy. It's right here on our YouTube page for free right where we're streaming right now at Covino and rich fsr.
Speaker 3: Ice Cube gonna.
Speaker 4: Be here in about a half hour, so hang for that as well. All right, so again live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Everyone's searching for ways to save on insurance. Switch to Liberty Mutual and they'll customize your auto and home insurance so you'll only pay for what you need.
Speaker 3: Liberty, Liberty, liberty, liberty.
Speaker 4: Get a quote at Libertymutual dot com or with your local independent agent.
Speaker 2: All right, now it's time for something we do every week all the stories in the world of pop culture, music, sports that you might have missed.
Speaker 3: It's called Midweek Major.
Speaker 1: Covino and Rich gets you over the middle of the week. When mid Week Major Major.
Speaker 3: I love that we.
Speaker 1: Throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like, the kids.
Speaker 9: Say, that's some week, definitely major.
Speaker 1: Seeing our score Midweek Major.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it is the middle of the work week. You've made it. You hear the horns.
Speaker 6: Before we hand things over to the one and only host of the segment, Iowa Sam. We go over to the main studio the two big red love dice and they roll these to see who gets the first take.
Speaker 3: Danny G Why are your red love dice so sticky this week?
Speaker 5: Roll the ten stick more than usual so they're perma sticky.
Speaker 3: Ah you win?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 6: Somebody snap one of our big red love dice this past week and we found it in the Colin Cowherd studios.
Speaker 3: Deeply unsettling.
Speaker 6: Somebody was playing with one of our dogs. Are you doing with it all right, who gets to go first? Coveno gets first take. And now, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person besides Brian Bell Ofweezer from Iowa City, Iowa, Iowa.
Speaker 5: Sam Ah, thanks guys, Hi Sam Hi Tom. I'm a little out of breath from dancing too early for this here. It's like an early morning workout. A little heart rates up a little bit. Tom Brady, guys, wants to play all the snaps, all the minutes he can, exhibition and official. After sharing his seeming admiration for the NFL preseason over the weekend, in an Instagram post, Brady shared video of a twenty ten Patriots preseason touchdown passed to Randy Moss with the caption quote, preseason, regular season. I never wanted to be taken off the field. Practice makes perfect. Too many people looking for easy ways out these days. When you're a football player in its football season, your job is to play football unquote. His comments likely directed at limited starting quarterback appearances during Week one midweek or major.
Speaker 4: Major anything, major, yeah, anything, Tom Brady's major man. I heard him say some great things about Peyton Manning recently on some social media eclips. Everything he says gets my attention, and I think he's smack andese candy asses into place.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like his old school mentality, his practice mentality, and the fact that that meant something to him, because we always downplay the meaning of preseason, like, yes, preseason.
Speaker 3: Who cares whatever?
Speaker 4: Dude, he was playing hard and it meant a lot to him. I think that's cool to hear. I think it's major.
Speaker 2: But again, we talked about, man, they should play in the preseason until someone gets hurt and then it becomes.
Speaker 3: Well, why you playing him in the preseason. You can't really win or lose because whatever you do, you'll be questioned.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying Tom Brady sounds like the old now in the NBA, a lot of times the old heads sound like, yeah, the game used to be it's tougher.
Speaker 3: I get it. Tom Brady played in the preseason.
Speaker 2: He threw a dime to Randy Moss, and people who are commenting like, yo, who's the third quarter of a preseason game?
Speaker 3: What is Tom doing in there? I think there's a balance. Yeah, but the fact that that means something.
Speaker 4: A guy that's so accomplished, right, I mean seven Super Bowls speaks for itself.
Speaker 3: The fact that that means something to him says something to me, like that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But you will see teams that their starters get very limited time, and you know, maybe weeks one and.
Speaker 3: Two they're a little rusty, but that's the game now.
Speaker 5: Right in week three, usually see more quarterback play finally getting in there against some snaps.
Speaker 2: But you've seen some starting qbs take a snap, some having like the forty nine ers, none of their starts have touched the field.
Speaker 3: So it depends on the team, it does.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's skip ahead to last night as the Milwaukee Brewers tied the largest shutout in the modern baseball era Miliewaukee with a twenty two to zero destruction of the Seattle Mariners. Brewers are brewing Seattle, sinking, big dumper, not dumping, weak or major.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think this is so major because I'm not taking any joy in the fact that cal Rawley's not bringing it. But we did say there's no way he's gonna match that season again. He had a magical season last year. Everything went his way, and now the guy's baton won something with Man, how many home.
Speaker 3: Runs do you have now he's a thirteen or fourteen. Yeah, you know, having a miserable season and this just adds to it. And the Brewers are great, dude.
Speaker 4: A lopsided victory Major for the Brewers twenty two to nothing.
Speaker 3: I just feel really bad for cal Rawley.
Speaker 2: The craziest part, by the way, this is Major two. It's like, you know, two big takeaways for me. The Mariners have fallen from grace last year. This is a team that was a playoff team. Everyone was loving Cal Rawley and Julio Rodriguez and this this team was stacked and everyone thought this was the beginning of a big run. And that team is, I believe, eight games under five hundred. Now, can't they still like they're still in play to win their divisions?
Speaker 3: Everybody is so medio.
Speaker 2: So I think, if I'm a Seattle fan, I'm really bummed about how this season is going. Next to them, they might be the second biggest disappointment other than the Mets. Right, and then look at the Brewers best record in the National League. And get this, we talked about the long ball. They have the fewest home runs in Major League Baseball. They put up three big, three run home runs last night, But the Brewers the least home runs in baseball, showing you that you don't need the long ball as much as we fan pitching matters, situational hitting matters. People have to start taking the Brewers way serious if you don't, and the Tampa Bay Rays just to throw them in the conversation, isn't it crazy?
Speaker 5: The Brewers have only they've never won a World Series. They've only been to one in like the mid eight you know, early mid eighties. By the way, in the Rays, I think they're due to make a World Series.
Speaker 2: So Sam, the Rays and the Brewers the two best teams in baseball right now as far as total team home runs ranked twenty one and thirty.
Speaker 3: So it just shows you the long balls important.
Speaker 4: But again, just having all these guys bet in one sixties other ways to ain like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's other ways to win. So there you go.
Speaker 5: All right, final story here, h sticking with baseball. Also to baseball, excuse me, he's.
Speaker 4: Been hanging out with his Italian friends. Also had goba goul when you came in here. Dude, I always start my morning with goba. I mean that's a good breakfast protein.
Speaker 5: Also last night, staying with baseball, as I mentioned, after a two run home run and a seven to six win over the Rockies in Denver. Sho hey Otani now has hit thirty or more home runs in six consecutive seasons. He's not going to get into the fifties for home runs this year, I don't think. But six years of thirty plush and he has a nice twenty two game hit streak going at coursefield show Hey the money, show me Otani midweek or major base of ball?
Speaker 3: This is base.
Speaker 4: I think it's major. I think it's interesting to think that we're very home and we're very like Lase about another thirty home run season from.
Speaker 5: The seasonal other one? He hit what fifty five and fifty four the last couple of years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but still six years in a row, and we're like, yeah, whatever, what A media like this is great?
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 4: The guy is a superstar. And I can't hate on nobody could hate on Shohyotani. His his average season is the best season ever for most people.
Speaker 3: How many home runs you guys think he gets to this season? Get if I get the forty four, not fifty, not fifty for sure.
Speaker 4: I think this is major. But I think what's major about it, Sam, is something a little different, and that is.
Speaker 2: The NL MVP race is as tight as skinny jeans in the two thousand.
Speaker 4: You're skinny jeans right now. Otani's been in two ninety four.
Speaker 2: Listen, how close to these guys are two ninety four thirty and eighty PCA to eighty two thirty one and seventy nine. PCA and Otani have both seen very clutch this year. The Cubs more of a surprise than the than the Dodger. So you give a little advantage to PCA that he's sort of carrying a team that wasn't expected to be this good Joe Hayes on the Dodgers. But I think because of the pitching, even though he's not pitching now, will that be what brings Otani.
Speaker 4: MVP after MVP, Just that the fact that he had that little stint of pitching.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 4: Yes, because they're too close close otherwise offensively, so yeah, he'll always get the advantage.
Speaker 3: But it's a big story. I love it. I love it, and that's all she ot Thank you, Sammy.
Speaker 4: Thank you Midweek Major. We do it every Wednesday on these stories mid Week or Major. You could also decide at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio on social media.
Speaker 2: All right, now coming up, we are joined within twenty minutes by the legendary Ice Cube. Also gonna hear from, like I said before, Daniel Fish, Topanga and the great hymn me know Patrick Greanna. They are in that new show called Dugout Dad. So we got that and a bunch more coming up right here in some NFL for sure. Right here, Fox Sports Radio convin on Ritch in for the Great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: Steve Covino and Rich Davis known throughout the land as Covino and Rich. What's updy in for Dan Patrick? The DP three, The Dan Patrick Hatrick always a great time. Thank you Fox Sports Radio Nation for letting us do this. Danny G and Sam are here. Thanks being part of it live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. After the show, remember the podcast goes up, our stream goes up. Danny G puts the best of out every day and the best of the week on Saturdays. Just search Covino and rich wherever you stream your podcast and follow, rate and review five stars because anything less is unsick. As the great Marvelous Marvin Hagler used to say, it's true. And dude, that makes me think of the fight talk we were having earlier.
Speaker 3: I thought about that.
Speaker 4: Actually, remember fire or friction a lot of fights in the NFL BO Nicks recently.
Speaker 3: What do you think of saying?
Speaker 4: I was thinking about when we talked to the Great Jim Lampley here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: What does he always say?
Speaker 4: He always says the same things say one of his favorite talking points, the Great Jim Lampley when he's crying boxing analysts. I love that he gets emotion. He gets real emotional about boxing. I'm glad he said that, dannyg But what is he saying? What gets them emotional? You got two fighters, right, and they're fighting to survive a lot of times, and their hearts on the line and so much pride on the line, the ultimate competitors, putting everything they have out there, and he let it all out in the ring. And what happens at the end of that fight? What does he always say?
Speaker 3: They fall in love? They fall in love.
Speaker 4: He does say that he says that all the time, and he says it's the most beautiful thing and he sees it.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 4: Bond they're forever bonded. And hey, don't take it from me that Jim Lampley, he's seen plenty of fights.
Speaker 3: In his life. So you're saying the fire and passion.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, most of the time it's gonna lead to not all the time, but most of the time it'll lead to a closer bond as a result.
Speaker 3: So that is part of it.
Speaker 4: And we're just rolling with that storyline because we got cameras up everybody's nose, and these are things we didn't see all the time in training camp, but we're seeing them left and right here this season. I think you could put those in the category of you're right, things in previous decades or generations we just didn't see, but now, because you know, there's nothing that could happen where there's not a camera or a phone in sight. There there's always been I'm sure scuffles at training camps, and it's like this world's going to hell in a handbasket, whatever that means. Mon has always been maniacs in wack of Doodles, You're just seeing more and more of it because of the news and social media and the headlines that lead and this is a popular headline right now.
Speaker 3: Man, did you see Mo Nicks? Did you see Max Crosby? Seahawks? They've been fighting? Well, base what you were saying.
Speaker 2: You know, as Lampolie says, two fighters after a battle end up falling in love it away because they went through something so crazy together. A heavyweight or a middleweight fight, a bond, you know someone in a different way. Maybe maybe when Max Crosby posted that funny tail, the tape of him and Kirk Cousins, maybe that was his way of saying, like, yo, that scuffle brought us closer together. And you know a lot of times you hear people and they're retired, they'll tell those stories like that might be the funny story Kirk Cousin tells.
Speaker 4: A during an interview or something. The Browns again, they ended practice thirty minutes early because of a scuffle and a tussle. But for all we know, they ended practice early, went back there and hugged it out. I'm not saying this is always going to be the case, but I would say most of the time it brings the team closer. And speaking of fights this weekend Tia Fimo and Roly Romero and in September next month, like I already said, Ryan Garcia Connor ben so looking forward to that and.
Speaker 2: Speaking of those fights, Brian shot in the talked about how he wasn't even that focus because there was so much fighting going on.
Speaker 4: During the uh during the practice yesterday. You got it there, Sam, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: Have you seen enough of downs to say we'll see you week one.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're talking through that.
Speaker 3: Let me see, let me see this film and I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: I mean right now, I'm just I'm in charge of fight club, you know, fight club.
Speaker 4: We were asking fire or friction, right maybe some of that friction leads to fire. It's like that angry sex you have sometimes rich you know who doesn't what rich? Always rich, always talking about it.
Speaker 2: I feel like sometimes when people when people are fired up, you know, it brings more camaraderie.
Speaker 3: You know, That's what I'm getting at it.
Speaker 2: So well, coming up we are we are going to be talking to ice Cube and next hour, at the end of the next hour, we're gonna uh. Like I said here from Daniel Fischel and Patrick Reranna, they got that new but something else I wanted to get to before ice Cube gets here with with PCA doing what he's doing, and we were just talking about how he's so hot right now. I cancel, Yeah, so hot right now? What would he need to do in your mind? Because after I was Sam was talking about how Otani keeps bringing it. What would he have to do to out do Otani? Or do you think voters? You know, in the past, we've talked about fatigue. Remember in the NBA, what did they say was Yo gets fatigue? Like, well, what are you gonna were you gonna make him MVP again?
Speaker 4: And even in the world of sports talk radio, there's always Lebron or Aaron Rodgers fatigue, right, I mean there's fatigue on a lot of conversations in the world of sports. Got Mets fatigue every time you bring up the Mets.
Speaker 3: Yeah we have a Mets timer. Yeah, but I'm top talking real fatigue.
Speaker 4: Guys, Like if someone brings up Lebron and Michael Jordan, You're like, oh, wow, right again fatigue.
Speaker 3: You see me on the treadmill after this show. Everybody uses that as a joke, But who is on the air really using that as a topic. There are still people that do that. I do wonder though, fatigue. I think it's Lebron and Jordan who's to go again? That get that that gives me fatigue? Question? Would it have to be offensively leading in every category?
Speaker 2: Would it have to be more like like one or two more magical moments because we do have one month left of you know, a good good month and a half left of regular season baseball? Would would one guy have to pull away statistics to pull away?
Speaker 3: God forbid? Got for bid? Show Hey like to slump and PC has to just pull away with what if like show hey pulls up limp.
Speaker 2: I'm not wishing anything on anyone is like he misses like five or six games? Like is it really coming down to like one guy just needs to slip a little bit and that and that's the other guy's MVP? Or do you think there's gonna be people that are like, show hey can't win it every year? Look at what PA did because I can't love But then he's gonna win the MVP every single year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as he should, he's the most valuable player, but every single year if he continues on this pace.
Speaker 3: Like I said, the only way, I'm not saying PCA can't win. He has to pull away.
Speaker 4: The Cubs have to continue playing magically, you know, they have to have these big moments and it has to stand out. And I think the Dodgers have to slump a little bit and yeah, then you got that balance and then PCA wins.
Speaker 3: That's how he does it. He has to just continue having a monster season. I feel like this is kind of like Nicola Jokic in the NBA, and you're like, you could give him the m v P again that it's that fatigue they.
Speaker 2: Had with Jokic might be the fatigue they end up having with Otani, And I think that bears well for for PCA. Really, And with that month and a half left of baseball, you think you Yankees could catch Tampa, uh five games now?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 4: Max Freed is on the I l again, there's some question marks there. I don't know the guy. The moves they made, they're not necessarily panting out the way they hoped. So I think they're gonna be in the playoffs, no diggity, no doubt. But dude, even Toronto's climbing back into it like I wouldn't count them out. They they've caught fire recently. Could it will be a wild card, so you know?
Speaker 2: Will there be an under five hundred team is another question for the first time in Major League Baseball history.
Speaker 4: In the AL we'll find out we're joined by ice Cube. Next can be Non rich In for Dan Patrick, Fox Sports Radio.