Speaker 1: Have you had a few dates but don't know why they fizzle out, not getting a text back and don't feel like calling Ghostbusters? Is your family asking when you're going to bring somebody home? If you've turned to your Awalita for help in the past, maybe she can help again now?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Yes, This is Dave my Awalita first, where our fabulous Akwalita Lilana plays matchmaker for our star dater and three lucky contestants looking for Akalita's stamp of approval. Let Awalitas all of your dating woes and turn them into dating whoas I'm your host Vico or this joined by our lovely Ahalita Liana Montenegro and this young Ahalida.
Speaker 2: Ol la mivico o la misnietos lindos. I am so so beyon excited to help you love b its, find all the love you're looking for and so much more.
Speaker 3: Oh do we want to elaborate on that? So much more? Noted that today's main dater is Miguel.
Speaker 1: Miguel lives with his alitos and apparently at every reunion everyone is asking when is he bringing someone home?
Speaker 2: Who's especial?
Speaker 3: So you know we know how family can be, don't we hourly.
Speaker 2: Die claud Okay, see me, Vico. It feels like the family is always trying to expand, it never ends. The pressure can be a lot sometimes. We know that, and we're here to help you with chanka. So yeah, oh wait, we're wait, we'll keep the family away with I gonna say. I was like, how are we having just the family?
Speaker 1: Although sometimes a good a good little gentle chankla on the lover doesn't sound too bad, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Then they're done that.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Alida and our sweet romantic listeners, It's time to meet Miguel. He's the eldest sibling of five kids and lives with his tight knit family. Miguel heard that our Aulita over here has a special touch.
Speaker 3: When it comes to matchmaking and decided he give it a try.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot of trust in the power of our Elita's already, So let's welcome in.
Speaker 3: Miguel.
Speaker 2: Oh, I am doing wonderful, especially now after meeting you. I'm going to ask you a little question that I want to know. You know, why are we all here today? Do you know? Tell me things that are important to you in relationships in your life and what you are looking for to cultivate in your dating life.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'm twenty three, now, you know I'm in school. I'm marking a lot. I definitely want to spend time with my special someone, you know, to go on trips, do little dating stuff, and just you know, go to family reunions with so I can finally get that weight off my shoulders of oh, who's this person? Who's this person?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Have you brought people back home before?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've have.
Speaker 4: And it's funny because my parents they get along with every person that I brought home. But then after a while, like I'll tell them what happened, and they just like, oh, okay, we'll just right on the next line.
Speaker 2: I got to start right there. I love the fact that we can share with our alitos and all that, but not one hundred percent, Miguel, not one hundred percent, because you will say something and because of our cultural differences through the years, we tend to judge first, understand second. So maybe this Awlita, you can tell.
Speaker 1: Everything absolutely, so question how long has it been since you've brought someone home.
Speaker 4: It's been about two years since I brought the last person home.
Speaker 3: That's what's up?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And you're you said you're twenty three and you're going to school.
Speaker 3: Are you school full time?
Speaker 5: Just part time?
Speaker 4: Because I only have classes on Sundays. So I'm going to school for emergency medical Technician.
Speaker 2: Oh hell's yeah, that's awesome. I have a little question for you. I know that you live with your aos. Can you tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm staying with my mom's dad, so that's where I picked up my Spanish from. Both my parents are bilingual, but me being the oldest, I used to spend more time with them on the weekends and I used to go to Churchill when myos and I picked them in Spanish there. So me being the oldest, I definitely get the one that gets called on every time, like like when you're gonna come visit me? Like let's go do this. You know, I'm just like cool. But I'm very close knit with my albolito.
Speaker 2: So well, that's very good to know. And I'm going to tell you I am also the oldest of five, so I know exactly where you're at now.
Speaker 1: The last person that you brought home was you said, two years ago. What happened there and why did you all break up?
Speaker 3: What was the fallout?
Speaker 1: What were the green flags in that relationship? And the right flags that you've noticed that you've processed since.
Speaker 4: A couple of green flags that I really paid attention to was just like the word of affirmation, because my love language is words of affirmation and physical touch. So right off the bat, it felt like a dream, you know, something that I've always looked forward to. And then the red flags didn't show up, probably say like a year into our relationship.
Speaker 3: It's pretty normal.
Speaker 5: So long yeah that honeymon faces I.
Speaker 2: Come out right away?
Speaker 3: What were they?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: So the red flags were the lack of communication. I know, trust wasn't really there.
Speaker 3: Trust wasn't there both ways?
Speaker 5: Yeah, both ways.
Speaker 2: That's a no note.
Speaker 1: How does it look like for you to trust somebody? And how does like ideal communication look.
Speaker 5: Like to you?
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to be like twenty four to seven, just more of like, hey, like, you know, what do you got going on today?
Speaker 5: Okay? Cool?
Speaker 4: If you end up going out, just text me, text me once you make it back home.
Speaker 5: Cool. But that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: So just like check ins really like I'll wake up texts and evening texts. If you're going to go out, like, let them know so in case like they're gone for five hours, you're not worried.
Speaker 2: That little consideration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just let me know who you're with, so if your phone dies or something happens, okay, you're with this person exactly.
Speaker 2: Are you a jealous person?
Speaker 5: No, I am not. I am not a jealous person.
Speaker 2: Good to know. Tell me I heard that your own I will eat. I thought that you were coming to a show to date and I will lead that. How did that happen?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: I told her what I applied for and I just saw the name, like dam Wilita.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, like it reminded me of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Okay, that's so good.
Speaker 5: I was like something like that. My Grandma's like, what, like you're gonna be on this show like that? I was like, I don't know, Like I still got to get more details, but yes.
Speaker 2: I would lead them dating someone fifty years old right now?
Speaker 5: No, but yes, she was just laughing her but off.
Speaker 3: So how does an ideal date look like to you?
Speaker 4: If I was going to plan a date for a girl, the first date, I'll definitely take her to k one speed.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys been go karting.
Speaker 3: Adrenaline Junkie over here, you like adventure themed.
Speaker 4: Dates most definitely, Yes, I am not afraid of heights, so.
Speaker 1: Adrenaline Junkie like adventure dates. You also want someone that you want to settle down with. How does intimacy look like to you? And how comfortable are you with sharing those like really intimate, very human moments.
Speaker 5: When something with that person, I get very comfortable.
Speaker 3: Good and you want that from that person too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but for other people it definitely takes time, of course, because of like you know, from their past situation. So you know, however long it takes, you know, I'm still going.
Speaker 5: To be there.
Speaker 1: What are some of your grain flags and your red flags? What have you been analyzing and processing for yourself, the things that you know about yourself that you want to work with, and the things that you know you can already bring into our relationship.
Speaker 5: So I'll start off with the red flags.
Speaker 4: I know for me growing up speaking up for myself and speaking my mind, because you know, if I felt like something was off, I'll second think about it, you know, and it would be mentally draining for me because it's like, I definitely want to speak up on this topic, but I don't want to make this person mad, you know. And so my experiences throughout the past, it's definitely something that I've had to work on, and a lot of people told me too. It's just something that you know, no matter what, you definitely have to do it and work on.
Speaker 2: So does it have to do with the fact that it's not what you say, but how.
Speaker 4: Yes, correct too, because I know for a lot of us, we take the time to process what we're going to tell that person, and sometimes it might come out good, but for that person it might seem wrong.
Speaker 5: So definitely that for sure.
Speaker 1: As someone who also has been working through that as well, I can see within myself if I don't say anything, I still building a resentment and then that eventually will hinder the relationship and sabotage the relationship.
Speaker 2: Not only that, you will blow up at the end exact, and that's not a good thing. You accumulate, you pile up, and you think, wow, I'm going to say it now, and at that point you better just say goodbye exactly.
Speaker 4: And that's what happened with my past relationship because how we fell off was because she did it on me, not once, but twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you said, I would like the taking time bomb.
Speaker 4: That's how I really felt towards the end because I brought up the topic multiple times and you know, the evidence, the receipts, whatever you want to call it, and this person didn't want to speak up. This person didn't want to admit to it, and I had all the evidence.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we know that you coach youth baseball and are also studying towards a career in early childhood education. Was there someone that inspired you to pursue this and what makes working with youth so special for you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: So right off the bat, I'm the oldest stuff five and you know me growing up when it came to family and unions, parties, whatever, you know, I'll be typically the one to take care of my cousins while everybody else is having a good time, you know. And then just growing up in high school, I had a chance to volunteer at a preschool right across the street from my school, you know, to get a couple of like hours credits whatever, Like it didn't feel like worked to me, and so for me, it's just like I'm getting Paige and just have fun, you know, And I loved it. And then when I eventually graduated high schools, like, you know what, I want to at least get my certificate in early childhood education.
Speaker 5: You know, that's something that I like.
Speaker 4: And so, you know, ever since then, it's just something that I do, and to this day, I still volunteer. Right now, we're doing baseball season. So Dodger's dream team.
Speaker 2: So I have my love them in what ages?
Speaker 4: So I have minors, so I have ages nine to ten and eleven soul?
Speaker 2: Yeahito, are you interested in marriage down the road?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 2: Yes, and children the whole.
Speaker 4: Yes, I definitely at least want two or three kids, two to three or.
Speaker 2: Two times three, it's either way.
Speaker 3: In your ideal situation.
Speaker 1: If there's a conflict in a relationship, how do you approach repair?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So I'm definitely not going to be the one that's going to like just goes to and act like nothing's going on. If I feel like something's like we're having a conflict, give you time, you know, give you time to process, you know, what you got to say or taken about the situation and then eventually we can you know, set up a time or we can link up and you know, talk it out like grown adults, like you know, And that's pretty much it is. When it starts to come where it's like you're not responding to text or calls and just leaving me seeing and don't respond until like a couple of days later, that's.
Speaker 2: The beginning of the end. Yeah, when things begin to unravel.
Speaker 3: How many relationships have you been in that have felt serious?
Speaker 5: Two to three?
Speaker 3: And what's been the longest one you've been in?
Speaker 5: About three years?
Speaker 2: But it was on and off though, Megan, And when did this start? Because you are twenty three?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this was about like late high school.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: Wow, you were also really close to that person's family as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Correct, I still am to this day too, But oh.
Speaker 3: Three, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's been the dating advice you've gotten from your parents, your siblings, your tas?
Speaker 4: Just keep doing me, do what I gotta do, so whether it's school work, just focus on myself and then the love will come find me. So stop searching for love, just let it come find you.
Speaker 3: That's nice, that's cute.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 3: That's pretty nice.
Speaker 2: You got put in your.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotta put it a little bit, yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit, just this measure it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: What kind of girls are you usually into? And what do you want this time around to be different?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Usually the girls that I go for, party girls, not specifically going out all the time.
Speaker 2: But it's Monday through Friday the Weekend's not nice that you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here with us, Miguel. We are so so excited to find you a match. Okay, I feel pretty good about what we've learned from miel today.
Speaker 2: I think I love him.
Speaker 1: Let's see if any one of these three hopeful romantics are Ablita.
Speaker 3: Approved for me in dater. Yep, we'll be your right back. Welcome back today, May I wanly the first? Welita. Let's get these guffers see those started?
Speaker 2: Meet Kathy oh lot Gotti.
Speaker 1: Hey, GotY, Why don't you go ahead and tell us about yourself?
Speaker 7: Okay, So I'm GOTHI Elizabeth.
Speaker 6: That's how I like to say my name, got the Elizabeth, and I go by Kayles at times.
Speaker 7: I am twenty five years old.
Speaker 6: I'm a pisces, very calm and love to listen to music that's like my all time and I just like to have fun.
Speaker 7: I'm a very outgoing person and I'm also from la.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that's what's up. Thank you so much for that, Gatia.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth, I'm gonna go ahead and hand you over for a little one on one.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna just go over here and steam some oatmeal.
Speaker 5: Star.
Speaker 2: How are you, Elizabeth?
Speaker 7: I'm good. How are you, Lindia?
Speaker 2: I am doing great, my love. I have a couple of questions for you, so let's get started. What kind of people do you usually date?
Speaker 8: I actually usually date just very similar people to me, Like I love people that are very positive and like to just do anything like adventurous.
Speaker 2: Well I think I've heard that word before. What kind of adventurous things?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I like going on a boat, rock climbing, going on hikes.
Speaker 7: Like if we get.
Speaker 6: Together, we want to do something, just like, do something spectacular, not just like regular movie dates or anything.
Speaker 2: Like creating memories.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, creating. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So tell me what are you looking for right now in your dating life? Are you looking for a serious relationship?
Speaker 7: Yes, I am.
Speaker 6: I feel like I always or I used to attract just guys there were just one night stands or just like they don't really want something serious, and I'm kind of like, over it. I don't really want to just talk to someone and then forget about them the next week.
Speaker 2: I know that you close with your family, is that correct?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: So have you ever brought home anyone that you wanted them to meet?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: I have, and what happened they were pretty judgments. So this was when I was like my first year of college. I was freshman, you know, I finally got a boyfriend and everybody started finding out.
Speaker 7: But he was just a typical bad boy, and my family pretty much knew about him because he just would cause a lot of drama and so it was just horrible. And after that, I have never introduced anybody to my family.
Speaker 2: Now, you specifically look for a bad boy.
Speaker 7: It's not like I'm looking for it. I think it just happens.
Speaker 2: So this was your first year of college, and that's the last time that you've dated.
Speaker 6: Since I've dated more guys, but I haven't really found someone that I'm like, Okay, I want to commit it full on.
Speaker 9: Most of the time, they just want to have sex the first night, and it's just.
Speaker 7: Like Uh, I'm okay off that.
Speaker 2: So well, I'm glad to know that that hasn't changed since I was young.
Speaker 5: Men.
Speaker 2: Women, we all have our ideas of what we want on that first date, and some people are just not interested in a relationship. So you do a lot of content creation. Is that your work right now?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yeah, I work at the company and I make their TikTok videos.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that. Oh, that's going to come in handy.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Would you rather date someone who uses no social media or someone who uses it more than you do?
Speaker 6: I definitely don't mind if they use social media, but I'm the type of person that has like the screen time and all that, so they.
Speaker 7: Need to have that together too.
Speaker 6: Like, I don't want someone that's like obsessed with social media like that, because I know there's people out there that'd be on a twenty four to seven and I need you to get off your phone and come and do some adventure shit with me.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. Do you date people who are younger or older than you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: I usually date older?
Speaker 2: Okay. Does it depends on how mature they are?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I feel like if they have their shit together, we can say that because I feel like you can definitely have like an older mindset, like I feel like I have an older mindset.
Speaker 2: At that point, the numbers become irrelevant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just just a number.
Speaker 2: I can say that I do it every day. Age is just a number. It totally is my love. Now, you mentioned that one of your dreams was to travel the world, and if you have the chance to leave tomorrow, tell me where are you heading? What are you doing there?
Speaker 7: I'm going to Dubai and we going be on camels.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say one or two humps, but no, I won't.
Speaker 3: And that is all the time you have. But that was a great way to end this. That is your speed day. Thank you so much, gott.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with contestant after the break. Welcome back to day mal Walita. First, Yes, let's meet Teja was Goodja?
Speaker 3: Oh, hello, Tasia, tell us about yourself.
Speaker 10: My name is Tasha Brianna. I actually have two first names because my.
Speaker 7: Parents were indecisive bless.
Speaker 10: I am in aries, and I would love to say that I'm very big on zodiac signs.
Speaker 9: I see in the face.
Speaker 10: I know aries are known to be hot heads, little tempered. I'm not gonna lie Yep, that's me.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 10: I'm a bartender, but also in school for nursing. And as far as me, I'm a very spiritual person. I did go through a spiritual awakening back in twenty twenty, so that's about much as me. I love outdoors. I'm an outdoors person water. My mom calls me a fish and yeah. I come from a really big family of ten. My mom's a foster mom, and I have a cat named Fin and that's about me.
Speaker 3: Oh my, that is precious, Tasia.
Speaker 1: I'm going to hand you over for a little speed data deak starting now.
Speaker 2: Hello, Tasha Brianne, beautiful name or I'll call you fishy like your mom. One little question that caught my attention. You said you had a spiritual awakening in twenty twenty. What did you do that.
Speaker 10: We were going through a hard time as a family in general, and we actually became homeless at the time when my mom was transitioning, so I had to move away from home and it was just really hard not seeing my family, and I can just say I was not in the best headspace and I was mostly just looking for a way.
Speaker 7: Out of the sadness.
Speaker 10: And I found or actually it found me spirituality, and I did learn that something that happens is that it finds you in a time when you're feeling lost and just feeling a little hopeless, and it just helped me really discover a lot about who I really am.
Speaker 2: So I can't see me applauding. I'm not making much noise, but I am. And you're very right, it's something that comes to us at a specific moment. But let's get a little bit more into the present now that you made me cry, and I hope to God that everything is good with your family nowadays. What brings you here and what kind of guy are you looking to date?
Speaker 7: Honestly, the fun brought me here.
Speaker 10: I love any new experience that can bring me and I've never done anything.
Speaker 2: Like this, nor have we.
Speaker 7: But the guy I'm.
Speaker 10: Looking for is someone that could be an equal trade of energy. And it doesn't feel like they're taking too much away from me, as I don't want to take too much away from them. And I'm mostly looking for someone who can make me feel safe and valued and protected and really helped me to communicate because I haven't been the best communicator, but I really want to learn to get better and someone that's patient with me, because, like I said, I'm a little stubborn at times, and I try my best. I try to catch myself, but you know, I'm an Aries.
Speaker 2: We slip up. I was just gonna go there, and my Vika's looking at me Aries stubborn. Absolutely, Yes, I know that. I know that well. I'm saying it from experience. My first husband out of so many was an airy, so yeah, that's why he was number one and moved on. But tell me how is your dating life right now?
Speaker 10: I have actually been on a cellary journey for about six months. I went through a really heart breakup almost a year ago, and I wanted to do it correctly and heal myself and not just give my energy away to any and everyone. So I have been celibate and it's honestly been the best time.
Speaker 2: I like exactly what you are saying, but what I like the most is that you said that you look for your healing before you moved on to another person, and that is the best thing that we can do, so we don't carry that same baggage with us everywhere we go. Yeah, you're very close to your mom, I am, Yet your mom was a foster mom. I mean, my heart goes out to her. There are so many children in this world that need affection, and being a foster mom is I just applaud her. But what have you learned, if anything, about dating from your mom.
Speaker 10: My mom in the past has never had the best dating history, So I did learn a lot up front with my standards of what I will accept and what I won't write off the bat. It's mostly about the way you speak to each other. There's going to be arguments and disagreements, but there never needs to be a way of degrading each other. And what I've learned from my mom is my mom is a very She's an incredible woman. I got to say. When I was about fourteen, my aunt passed away and my mom took in all of.
Speaker 9: Her four girls, which they were as.
Speaker 10: Young as five, and my aunt had just had twins when she passed away, so my mom asked me if I would.
Speaker 7: Help her raise them because it was just me.
Speaker 10: I was the oldest, and my mom did not have a significant other and she still hasn't till we've had those kids. So she did ask me if I would be willing while she was in school, and I was. I gave up a lot of my high school and a lot of my fun activities to now raise my siblings.
Speaker 7: And my mom gave.
Speaker 10: Us the best life she could as a result to just me helping her out a little bit.
Speaker 2: So, Taisha Brianne, what is your mother's name? Crystal? My heart goes to Crystal, give her all my love. She is my hero absolutely to take on such big responsibility and for you to also take it at the young age while in high school. My heart goes out to you too. You're a beautiful person.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry, but I've got to interrupt.
Speaker 1: That's all the guffescitoa can drink for now. Thank you for that, Tajia, And in just a moment, Alida will have her third and final guffes Sito. It's time to meet our final contestant. For the last SIPs of your little guffes selmost gone, Let's meet Jasmine.
Speaker 3: What's good, Hill, Jasmine, tell us all about who you are.
Speaker 11: Okay, So my name is Jasmine. I'm from Colorado. I moved to La eight months ago. Oh she's my twin sister, which is the cool fact that, as I say, is that I'm a twin I'm twenty three years old. I graduated college a year ago and moved out here and then right now I'm trying.
Speaker 9: To navigate myself here in LA.
Speaker 3: That's what's up.
Speaker 2: No, gay, that's a lot of freeways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you, thank you for that. I'm going to hand you over now to our litail. Enough for our little cafe. See those speed.
Speaker 2: Dates starting now, let's do it. How are you beautiful?
Speaker 7: I'm good in you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing really well. I'm going to ask you a couple of little personal questions and see how it goes here. Okay, let's talk about your dating life. What kind of people do you date?
Speaker 11: Well, the last time I dated somebody, I had a boyfriend.
Speaker 7: I was eighteen.
Speaker 11: But what I do look in somebody is, first of all, is for them to have a good personality. It's okay if they're you know, like shy or quiet, but as long as you know they have manners are kind. I do like to go for ones that are, you know, kind of goofy and funny.
Speaker 9: But I like shy guys too. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: They have something to share too.
Speaker 11: I'm not shy, so I'm like, you know, opposite a track because I'm a very loud person.
Speaker 9: I'm an extrovert, So I'm like, I like those shy ones.
Speaker 2: Did you mention to us your sign? I know Vika would love to know I'm capricorn. Are we doing good here, Vico? So what are you looking for? Are you looking for a serious relationship?
Speaker 11: Before when I was in college, I really wasn't because I wanted to focus on my education. But now that I've adulted, sadly, I am looking for something more serious.
Speaker 9: Just because you know, I feel like I'm ready for it.
Speaker 11: I focus on what I wanted to during college, which is my education, and now I'm like, well, you know.
Speaker 9: What, it wouldn't be that bad to have somebody to go on dates with and hang out with.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you are a twin, grew up in a small town. What is the name of the town?
Speaker 9: Alamos?
Speaker 2: Yes, Mimosa. I can only think of that. But yeah, okay, so we're curious what kind of twin trouble did you guys get into, especially when you started dating, well.
Speaker 9: With the boyfriend thing.
Speaker 11: A lot of people think that we would, you know, switch off and go on dates for each other. We never really did that because we have different taste I would definitely not date the person that she dated, and she would probably not date the.
Speaker 9: Guy that I dated.
Speaker 11: But I mean, I guess when we were in middle school, if there was guys that would try to like flirt with us and my sister didn't want him. For example, there's this kid from a different school that was in love with my sister.
Speaker 9: He'd go to all our basketball games and watch us play.
Speaker 2: Oh you're a basketball player.
Speaker 9: I mean I in high school, I was. I played lacrosse in college.
Speaker 2: Check you out your sister? Are you fraternal or identical?
Speaker 9: Identical?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, so a picture and you said that you did not like the same kind of guy.
Speaker 11: Now no, I mean, if we see somebody that were like, oh he's cute, well, Okasha.
Speaker 7: Were like, do you want him er?
Speaker 9: Or do you want me to go after him? We're like, yeah, you got in. So then we're like, okay, go go up to him.
Speaker 2: And is she with you here in LA Yes?
Speaker 9: She is just just me and her out here.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, the two of you came to l A. Well, good luck to the both of you. I tell you, now, tell me. You said to our producers that your biggest dream is providing for your mom. Tell us a little bit about your mom.
Speaker 11: So, my mom, we're Mexican. She's from Chihuahua. She came to the US, you know, for me and my sisters, and like everyone they're like that is a shia.
Speaker 2: Like she got shoelas I.
Speaker 9: Guess.
Speaker 2: So tell us she was a cultural worker for a long time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's in agriculture right now. So she drives semi trucks.
Speaker 11: So I'm from We're a very big potato producing agriculture towns, So she hauls potatoes from one town to another. Being younger, she worked in the fields, like picking carrots, lettuce, potatoes. And then as we got older, my mom really loved just driving semi so that's what she tried to focus on.
Speaker 9: And her my dad got their own company.
Speaker 11: So they drive, you know, multiple semi trucks to help farmers, you know, take their potatoes wherever it is that they want to take them.
Speaker 2: That is so amazing what she's doing now. Tell us what kind of an influence was she? Kind of dating advice did she give you?
Speaker 11: She always gave us advice that you know, like it doesn't matter, you know what they look like, what matters is how they treat us, and she never wants us to go after somebody that's like not good influence or is not around the same path that we're wanting to. But I think my mom's biggest advice was she would always say in Spanish. I think she's like, no kind of bad to say.
Speaker 1: I think with that advice, I think that we know where that goes.
Speaker 3: I think with that advice, that is the speed date.
Speaker 1: Grass yess Jasmine, we are looking forward to seeing you and our other contestants for some fun games next time we're around. Alita, how are you feeling about these lovely ladies for Miguel?
Speaker 3: Is anyone catching your eyes?
Speaker 2: I'm more interested in who's catching his?
Speaker 3: See you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: For now, that's all the sweet heat we could handle.
Speaker 2: We can handle them all, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Bet you can.
Speaker 1: So tune in next Thursday when we'll be back to play a few speed dating games and Awalita will select Lamy Ho. Stick around until next week to find out Whuliliana will choose for our sweet Miguel, and remember to subscribe to date my Houri the First wherever you get your podcasts. They My Awalita First is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's Mike Wultura podcast network, hosted by me vicordis joined by the fabulous Lina Montenegrod. My Awalita First is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Raquel and Luigi Villaneva. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valdorama, Leo Clem and Nico Raquel, and WV Sound. This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and Nico Raguel. This episode features original music by Gay Blopez. The original artwork for this show was created by Mac McClain. Special thanks to our team of cupids at WV Entertainment. Special thanks also to our hopeful romantics this week, Miel Gati, Teja and Jasmine. Additional thanks to Salt and Lime Media. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. See you next week, and in the meantime, don't do anything Awilita wouldn't do, Just do it better, Besitous