Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Good morning on this hump day. Gonna turn your hump day into a hump night. I don't even know what that means, but sounds fun. Covino and Rich and for the Great Dan Patrick Live from Mercedes Benz Studios. Danny g on the phone, super producing the smoothest, most buttery voice in all the land.
Speaker 3: Danny G. What's up?
Speaker 2: Bud eight seven, seven ninety nine one Fox and Mary Mary Mack on the ones and twos. Thank you guys for hanging out with us against Steve Covino and Rich Davis. We'll talk Floyd Mayweather. What's he doing in the NFL. We'll do something called Midweek Major. The biggest stories in sports and pop culture are they? Mid Week Major? We do it every Wednesday on our show, which we hope you follow. After three days of Dan Patrick, search Covino and Rich where every stream your podcast? Yeah, I was gonna say we've hung out a couple of days. Now do we get a rose?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 3: We were getting kicked out of the pods.
Speaker 2: When I got back last night from eating like a slob with you, I was trying to catch up on the Bacheler and I fell asleep.
Speaker 4: That was it?
Speaker 3: That that was my night, And here I am. Isn't any good?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 2: Patrick does off your schedule. If you're not used to getting up this early, it just thws you off.
Speaker 3: So I was out. I fell asleep. Is the Bacher good?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that's like the pathetic part of again, when there's no good sports on, you're like, I guess I'll watch the Bachelor, all right, put it on.
Speaker 3: I was out.
Speaker 2: So if you're trying to fall asleep instead of taking like melatonin or or edibles like you do all the time, Bachelor usually does the trick put you right to sleep. Oh I could cut back on the edibles and just watch bad reality TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it works, you know, The Bachelor to me and any reality show, right, I was just tired.
Speaker 2: I can't get into that stuff unless, of course, there are a plethora. I said, a plethora, unless it's a plethora of crazy hot women like I need them. Yeah, but why do they have to be crazy? I need them to be crazy, and I need them to be hot, and I need them to be fighting with each other when the Bachelor is like civilized, whether all like normal, sweet girls, borring.
Speaker 3: I need smoke. Shows that want to kill each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are two women so far in this season that keep going at it. They want each other's throats, and one of them was the last to get the rose on this past episode, and the one that hates her like gave her this mean mug as she was walking up to get the final rose.
Speaker 2: H Well, you know what, we do have a five hour flight later today to Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little Bachelor.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll watch White Lotus.
Speaker 2: But right now we are talking about Shoheo Tani for one of the greats. It's kind of wild that he can't parallel park. That's the story today, believe it or not. That's the story. The cooler part of the story is, you know, the superstars are back at spring training now right Baseball's right around the corner.
Speaker 3: So it gets you excited.
Speaker 2: And I get excited because when you're talking to your buddies, I don't think we've been this excited in a long time for baseball. So you're seeing a shift baseball Baseball's bag. I have a theory about it, and you know what, I think you just overheard me. You know, annoyingly texting my dumb baseball pals. There's theories as to like, why are you excited about baseball?
Speaker 5: I saw you lift your arm up like this, so I think Freddie Freeman did it for you.
Speaker 2: Fred it's my guy. It's the only Dodger I like because he seems like a good fella. Let's go to Chris and Montana. Let's wrap up this show. Hey thing the simple things you can't do in life when you see a guy like sho hal Tani who seems like a non human at times, I can't parallel park at sports car, like not even close, Like he's the guy, like, uh, you know, you know, not to sound chauvinistic, but I will. There are times where my wife will get out. I'll get out of the car, will do switch through Like sometimes she'll just be driving because I'm like doing emails. If we hit a situation where we need to parallel park, she freaks out sometimes and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Got quick, get out. I'll get in the driver's.
Speaker 2: Seat and do it. Some people grew up not having to parallel park. Maybe they lived in a more rural area so it wasn't a thing. We both grew up in the East Coast Caveno. So maybe you're a better parallel parker because you were driving in Manhattan and Jersey and soff like, that's something I could actually do.
Speaker 3: That show.
Speaker 2: Hey, can't you look at that? Does that make you feel good? It does, Chris Montana, you're on a Covino on wretch? What's up, Bud?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: Guys, So I'm a child of the eighties, so I should be manly to do this, but I don't know jack about cars that can't change the oil. I can't change the tire and I got fighty're like, hey, chick out the roadie oscillator effected to the alternators. You can proposh the transition. I have no idea what we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about, Dude, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think most kids of the eighties and nineties. Not only I don't know how to change my oil, but you know what the crazy part is.
Speaker 4: You would change a tire before, like if you if you had.
Speaker 3: To, If I had to change a tire, I'd be able to do it.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I also enjoyed, Danny g picking up my phone and calling roadside assistance. You think I'm getting if if if I got a flat tire.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: This is a big national show good and you know the feedback we get when we talk about this. They look at you like you're a nept you know, the way you were talking about big sissy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you big sissy boy.
Speaker 2: You can't change your own earl, can't change your own oil.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, yeah, look at those sissy hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Never never had a grease under those nails.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He's talking about roadside assistance. To some people, sounds like the most pampered thing ever.
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 2: If you got If you got, Mary mackis shaking her if I got a flat tire, knock got Woodmere. I'm the one o one here in Los Angeles. You think instead of calling someone, I should be on the side of the road while cars are whipping nigh with Jack trying to change my time.
Speaker 4: Not on the side of the freeway.
Speaker 5: But if you know, like uh oh, my tires messed up up and you get to like a gas station, you should be able to go in the extra parking spot. The gas station has Jack that car and you know, change at.
Speaker 4: Least put your spare on.
Speaker 2: There is something to be able to about paying for convenience right like, I don't want it. I just don't want to do any of these things. Am I capable of following instructions? Of course? But do I want my car? I have run flats, so I don't even think I don't have a spare tire now that I'm thinking about it. Yeah, you know if there's some newer cars that like, no, I don't be an old bag of douche right now? No, well, hold on, you really do like a giant bag. Hold on, fifty percent of cars. Look up the stats, bird brain, Fifty percent of cars nowadays don't have a spare tire because they have run flats, or they just don't come up the spare the days of your trunk having the little hatch where you got the spare tire.
Speaker 3: That's the old timy times.
Speaker 2: I promise you look up the Statue'd be baffled and boggled to realize that fifty percent of cars don't even have a.
Speaker 3: Sounds so privileged right now?
Speaker 2: Yes? Good, yes, but you like at least I'll admit it, Mary. Like, for example, when the guy says, hey, you want me to change your filters?
Speaker 3: Out I know I could do that, but.
Speaker 2: It's easier to be like, uh, well, first you have to say do I really need that?
Speaker 4: There's the other stat to look up.
Speaker 5: As we're worldwide on this network, not everybody has a newer car, so we're talking about cars that might be ten fifteen years old, and of course that's where you're gonna have a tire.
Speaker 2: Trying to justify Notice how you try to throw me under the busy cooking. I've never seen this guy cook ever once. He's trying to justify his his who cooks.
Speaker 3: Every time you come or light house.
Speaker 2: When we grill a barbecue, grilling is not cooking, dude, No grilling me on the grill is not cooking. Well, i've never seen you using green I've never seen this guy that is.
Speaker 3: There's a major difference here. You're not my wife.
Speaker 2: You might grow who you Ray Lampy, the godfather of barbecue. I've never seen you slather anything with barbecue sauce. I've never seen you use any spice. I've never seen you use ingredients to cook. Anything on a grill is not cooking. That's grilling. I'm a fantastic cook, okay, but I've never seen it in over twenty years, and then the minute you call him out on his pampered behavior, here he's justifying it with his run flat I don't know, maybe because I just looked up the stat and it said ten percent of new cars come with a full sized flat time.
Speaker 5: Okay, not everybody have new car and in.
Speaker 2: The US have new cars have an eighty seventh century?
Speaker 1: What do you have?
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people that do you boso privilege?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The car do you drive? What car do you drive?
Speaker 4: Married?
Speaker 3: You're how old? Also? You're twenty twenty one. When I was twenty I had a crappy old cartoon.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, so I have a twenty fifteen.
Speaker 8: But I can change my oil and I can also change a flat time.
Speaker 2: Why would you change your oil if you can go to Jiffy Lube, the car dealership or something like that and paid forty buck?
Speaker 8: Do you want to pay I look when I was in college, I don't want to pay a hundred and something.
Speaker 3: And I'm a girl. They're gonna try to up charge me too. Just say, rich, I can't do all right, Rich, Rich.
Speaker 5: The average age of a car or a light truck in the United States is twelve and a half years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, instead of justifying that's the problem here. I'm not saying I'm Mike and the Mechanics and I'm the best at this Steven the Mechanics, But I'm saying, you know, hey, I can't. You're just justifying your crappy behavior and park show.
Speaker 3: Hey I can.
Speaker 2: You can tie this into sports too, Danny g Because there's a certain point in life when you realize, like, I don't think I could do this, and that's the reality, and it hits you like dang. Like we talked to Kurt Shilling recently, not the name drop, but he said, let me look at your hands, and I said, these little hamburger hands. Do you remember that? I said, my little Hamburger hands. He goes, yeah. He's like, cause if your hands weren't big enough, dude, you were limited on how much spin rotation you can get on your pitches.
Speaker 3: He won't take giving those hands.
Speaker 2: And immediate said, no matter how good you would be at baseball, you're just never gonna be great.
Speaker 3: You got little hands. And I'm not going to debate the guy.
Speaker 2: He's one of the greats, but there was a point in time when I was pitching and I'm playing baseball and I'm like, you know, Mike, my curveball is just not snapping the way it should.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but did Chilling have twenty seven Little league home runs?
Speaker 2: He didn't, and I and I have that on him, and I feel great about fantastic. When it came to wiffleball, I had some movement, but when it came to baseball, dude, I could never what's the expression, pull the curve the time, gonna say pull the car Never pull the curtain the way and snap the yelbow and pull.
Speaker 3: The curtain the way that he wanted me to.
Speaker 2: And you know, all I threw was a flat slider, and you know, sure enough everyone starts hitting bombs off of you. And I realized I had to accept this, that I just can't throw the curve the way I'm supposed to.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. That's my story. Yeah, everyone, you know, I'm here to say and not here to justify.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got little Hamburger hands, but I couldn't throw the curveball.
Speaker 5: Dude, I have one, which I'm sure all of you can do, and I'm just lost with it. The new like digital style washing machine I still can't figure this thing out. In our garage, I have to lean on my better half for a laundry. Yeah, Like if it was up to me to do the laundry in the house, our household.
Speaker 3: Would be screwed. That's great, Like.
Speaker 4: The old school simple washing machine.
Speaker 5: I could figure that out. But all these buttons and everything, I'm looking at it like it's kit from night.
Speaker 3: I'll give you, I'll give you one.
Speaker 2: There's an intimidation factor, and there are two things that are very different, but there's one common factor.
Speaker 3: Water is involved.
Speaker 2: Anytime when I was a kid and I had a fish tank, that crap would get foggy and terrible, Like I couldn't figure out how to keep a fish tank clean. I could do that, and for that same reason, I have a pool guy. You could argue it's like a waste of one hundred buffs's kind of me, But to me, the pool guy's worth it because I feel like if I didn't, my pool would be green. There's chemicals, Like the chemicals do you you start talking about cleaning a fish tank, cleaning a pool, anything with water balance of pH in this, you might as well be talking about science class.
Speaker 3: To me, like cold.
Speaker 2: You know, I would have a goldfish, it'd be dead in a week. I'd be like, why why is there mold in this fish bowl?
Speaker 4: Ah See?
Speaker 2: You know what, That's why when people talk about intelligence, it's just everybody has a different skill set.
Speaker 3: That's really what it comes down there.
Speaker 2: There's people that are terrified of speaking, and you do it for a living, so you have a different skill set, and and they have knowledge in different things. And look sho heeo Tani. I'm sure he's an intelligent person. Uh we know, he's great at a lot of things, but the dude can't parallel part. And everybody has their weak spots, but the weakness their achilles. You that's the fun of you know, taking a look around the room and taking a look at your friends and family. We all have strengths, we all have weaknesses, such as life. I was talking to one of the dads at the school. This guy's like one of those super smart guys that you know computer programming and you know, like is the boss of a company with all these you know, you know those rooms of like the racks of computers and stuff. He's the guy that builds those. But he's like, what you do I would be terrified of talking. I'm like you build computers. I don't even know how to restart my right, I don't know how to print out a document or as you said earlier, in excel sheet. Right, Yeah, yeah, I can't do it. So show hey can't parallel park? We post this question to Fox Sports Radio Nation, what can't you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Coming up?
Speaker 2: You talked about the excitement that baseball is about to bring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a buzz in the air that's a little.
Speaker 2: Different this year, and I think it's because there's a lot of teams that are that are going all in, and there are a lot of big market teams that are going all in, and I think that helps. I'm sure there's a lot of small market fans that aren't as excited, but you have to be intrigued to see what happens with some of these other big teams.
Speaker 3: There's a different buzz for sure.
Speaker 2: So a little baseball, well NBA, little football, little of everything coming up, having some fun in for Dan Patrick Covino on Rich More Next on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for the Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot Com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships.
Speaker 3: What's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 3: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcast and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show and good morning from La from the West Side, life in the barrios.
Speaker 3: Of La the mean streets of La Vato Loco.
Speaker 2: It's Covino and rich S Great Gangster, Well test dannyg Danny Gangster right there producing on the phones at eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox Mary Mack, Covino and Rich MDP.
Speaker 5: Man I miss Bushwick Bill Rest in Peace. Ghetto Boys one of the most underrated rap groups of all time.
Speaker 2: And this song reminds most people of a movie that came out twenty six years ago today. My Dapler Office Space debuted in theaters twenty six years ago, nineteen ninety nine, all on news Day. Can I tell you a little fun fact about my life. There's a lot of people probably speculating who are these Jabbronis? Well, maybe about you. We spent most of our come up working in radio.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I worked with a guy who was the inspiration for Milton from Office Space. So I worked with the guy. I worked with the real my Deepler game in Storageroom B in Storage Room B.
Speaker 3: I worked with him at k Rock in New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the writers.
Speaker 2: Was inspired by this fella that we all worked with, and that's who he's based on. When you see when you saw that guy, like, it was very clear he.
Speaker 3: Was over here.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very strange but very nice, very nice guy.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Not to make you feel old. Twenty six years ago that movie came out, Wow, and Lumberg and the all the references in that movie. I saw Lumberg at CBS out here in LA. People think you see stars all the time. You don't. But I did see Lumberg picking up a prescription. I was in line with when you live out here at Los Angeles, it's not who you think you'd see. Like I saw mister T ordering turkey at the deli counter at Ralph's. I got a half a pound of boards, had a turkey, fool, that's what you see. Was he there to buy some mister T cereal? And he told him it wasn't nineteen eighty before.
Speaker 3: Where's about cereal? Was he wearing overalls for real.
Speaker 2: No, he was wearing a red, white and blue bandana and the kindest guy everyone that passed him. He was like, God, bless you have a great day. Like mister t is someone you see in the valley here.
Speaker 3: Something clubber Lang in the flesh. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So again live from La It's Covino and Rich next hour. By the way, I just want to remind you again, Danny g working on Midweek may the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture.
Speaker 3: We go over them. Are they Midweker Major?
Speaker 2: Plus we got to talk the money team Floyd Mayweather and his involvement in football.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that now.
Speaker 2: Not only is it an anniversary of Office Space, which was a classic movie. I mean I think everyone it's a cult classic. Yeah, I think it turned out to be a cult classic. Maybe not a big box office smasheroo, but later on, I think every college kid at one point, you know, you would quote in that movie Lumberg and all the flair. Remember they worked at what like a TGI Friday's type place. A classic. So happy anniversary nineteen ninety nine. Today's Ron Livingston, the star of the film was also in another very famous cult classic from ninety six.
Speaker 3: Do you know what movie that is? Swingers?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: It is there, you go look at that.
Speaker 2: So there's another anniversary today, but first let's go to our buddy Shawan and Sacramento. We were talking about the buzz that baseball seasons bringing Yankees, Dodgers, Mets, Phillies, Braves.
Speaker 3: And I think the last the NBA excitement is adding to that. Cubbies, Padres.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of teams, you know, the Orioles, There's a lot of teams that have a lot of fun hype going into the season and just seeing spring training highlights on social media.
Speaker 3: If you're a big baseball fan like us, you get hyped up. What's up?
Speaker 9: Sean yeoh my favorite Dan Patricks feelings man good hearing y'all again on the Trifector this morning, Real quick, brother yep an honor of Dan Patrick. Shout out DP show bets on Twitter. He's always taken these pie to the face bets. Just in case anybody from the Dan Net. Marv was on yesterday, I want to take a pie for a fan bet if the Oakland, I'm sorry, the Sacramento A yeah, make it to the World Series. Brother, we got Rob Parker coming out here, Roll Parker coming out here in April to come check out these guys. MLB bro. If we could get to the World Series, can we please get Covid and R Rich in Northern California Danny G's old stopping ground for a live show because we make.
Speaker 3: I'd like to do that.
Speaker 2: That would be a hell of a I'd like to do that, irregardless, regardless of the you know, a's because I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's having out a word by the way.
Speaker 2: I know, I just I realized that I'll say it irregardless, irregardless.
Speaker 5: You know, we have a new affiliate in Sacramento, California, and we've been trying to work it out with them for a live appearance for the Coveno and Rich show. So that would be great. Yeah, we're not far from a live show there, and no doubt.
Speaker 3: Show we'll be up there eventually. I know they wanted us to come up there.
Speaker 2: They wanted convenient to enter like a pilting contest that they stay fair or something.
Speaker 3: We were like, yeah, I think that weekend didn't work.
Speaker 2: But I think it was beer drinking, like a beer fest. Yeah, yeah, but I didn't want everybody chanting like ardess. Yeah, let's be honest to you drink one Guinness and you're bloated. Yeah, come on, guys. But I think that would be cool. That would be a great story. It's unlikely to happen, Like Rich said, we'll come out there irregardless, because I don't think the A's are going anywhere, but it would be.
Speaker 3: Cool if they did.
Speaker 2: By the way, I know, am I wrong by saying that they're not going with a city name? Aren't they just known as like the A's now for now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If that's the case, because they're not gonna temporarily be the Sacramento A's or even the Vegas A's when they go there, like they're they're in this process where they're just they're like Madonna, They're like Prince one.
Speaker 3: Name A's the athletics. Are they gonna they're keeping the green and yellow and everything? Right? That's it?
Speaker 4: Just a.
Speaker 2: What is their road Jersey gonna say instead of that Oakland script? Is it gonna say Sacramento or is it or are they gonna have just that the A on the chest?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know what, I'll look that up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it says that the Jerseys will simply say athletics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: So hey, if you're an A's fan, it's been a rough little uh run for you guys. All right now, I said, this is another anniversary today, not just office Space and Milton in his Stabler and Lumberg. In nineteen sixty eight, before all of us were born, before twinkles in our parents' eyes, there was a show that debuted, and that show has a spin off that your kids might watch nowadays. Oh okay, a show that debuted children's programming a spinoff now and that.
Speaker 4: Show better call Saul Oh.
Speaker 2: Close mister Rogers neighborhood and if you got little ones, Daniel Tiger. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is the great cartoon they have on PBS.
Speaker 3: But you know, mister Rogers did so much for children.
Speaker 2: You ever see him in front of use it like Congress or Senate or something. You ever see that famous clip where he talks about the importance of children's programming when it comes to.
Speaker 3: When it comes to any social topic. Mister Rogers slated back.
Speaker 2: In the day, oh yeah, diversity, all kinds of things. He had his little puppet show the land and make believe.
Speaker 4: Put his feet in that little pool with the mailman.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, hey, mister Mailman, I want to put your feet in the pool with me. We could unify cultures and our totsies.
Speaker 4: Mary.
Speaker 3: You ever seen mister Rogers breakdance with the little Black Kid. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: You know it's a Cutelet's bust the movie.
Speaker 5: As far as far as stuff, mister Rogers started pop locking on that.
Speaker 2: Episode, mister Rogers saw the robot, he saw no color.
Speaker 3: Mister Rogers was honestly like.
Speaker 8: Wouldn't he be equivalent to like he would be your guy's building the ar.
Speaker 2: No, he would be like Steve from Blues Clues or something else. Ah, he would be our blippy.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I was hard core into, mister Rogers, for sure. I used to watch this guy cut little Today, we're gonna cut these sponges into little shapes and we're gonna stuff them into this little hole I made on the top of this tupperware, like.
Speaker 3: He do the most brandish stuff.
Speaker 4: These puppets creepy on his.
Speaker 2: Shadow that they were made of nightmare one especially that whole hole looking lady that looks like you know what she looks like.
Speaker 3: Mean, I'm not even gonna say that.
Speaker 2: No, say a lady Elaine Fairchild, chaperone, No Lady Elaine Fairchild. Yeah, I like a scary ass puppet that gave you nightmares as a kid.
Speaker 3: What was going on with that? Well, if you watch it, if you got little kids.
Speaker 2: Daniel Tiger is a cartoon and it's based off of the Tiger from the Land to Make Believe. So remember like Danny g Mister Rogers had King Friday. Yeah, Daniel Tiger's buddy is Prince Wednesday and all the characters are sort of tied in to mister Rogers. It's great programming if you got little ones. My kids are over it now. My kids are five and seven, But when they were like two or three, I went to go see Daniel Tiger live. Like, Daniel Tiger's a big deal.
Speaker 4: So on the.
Speaker 3: Anniversary, is it still a big deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just see your kids out growth things like like my kids are almost done with blue and it's sad, right right, you don't know, you know, you gave me that heads up. You're like, y'all do just when you think your kids are into something, they're over it. Yeah, they move quick onto the next thing, and it makes you feel bad, like you don't like Daniel Tiger right now. But now my kids watch gravity Falls okay, and like you know, they're like, we want bigger kids stuff. Regardless, it made me think I saw a meme on social media. And when you think mister Rogers, to think, won't jib be my neighbor thinking that sweet little neighborhood they lived in a little fake neighborhood, little train the cozer out. Yeah, I also think of him changing his shoes. Hey, neighbor, want to change our shoes together? And oddly enough, there was nothing creepy about mister Rogers, though when you think about it, he's sort of weird. He's just Fred Rodgers. Was just a different time. It was just it was like slow moving programming. Putting my sweater on. It just seemed like a mister mcpheely has a package coming today. Yeah, Like, if you even just think of that sentence, you said, mister mcpheely has a package, he has a speedy delivery. Well, nothing speedy about the show. But you were a kid and you're bored and you're like, yeah, this is great, something very special. We're going to feed the goldfish today kids. Something very special about Fred Rogers. Now, he was a great dude. Like I said, I want to make it clear, I'm I'm sort of having fun with the stuff he did. But I was a big fan cro I wasn't a Sesame Street kid at all. My favorite part of Sesame Street was the pinball thing one two te fop up six seventy nine, ten, eleven, twelve. Didn't know much about Big Bird or any of those people I watched Sesame Street.
Speaker 3: I was a mister Rogers dude.
Speaker 2: So break it down nineteen sixty eight, nineteen sixty eight, and I bring it up not to pay tribute to mister Rogers on Fox Sports, but why not. But it got me thinking of all the dumb TV shows we watched in the eighties, nineties, two thousand, in twenty ten's even now in the twenty twenties. He was always about, Hey, neighbor, who are the best TV neighbors of all time? When I say TV neighbors, is there someone that pops in your head like, oh, of course, because my first thought is.
Speaker 3: There there might be one on the top of the list did I do? That is Steve.
Speaker 2: Erkle the best TV neighbor no of all time? He's not gotny cheese?
Speaker 1: Mary.
Speaker 2: Then you know what, let's get the phones going, light them up? Eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. Who is the best TV neighbor of all time?
Speaker 3: Because I've won to counteract that one? What you got from Martin? That's the first one to come to.
Speaker 2: From Martin. By the way, a lot of people don't realize Martin. Remember he was a radio DJ. That was his job on the.
Speaker 3: Show I Live. What's Up? What's up?
Speaker 2: YoY? Is a great answer. You know what I have? I have two more, But I don't want to steal all the good answers because Cavino often calls me the male version of this character.
Speaker 3: Oh, Kimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 2: Rich is a full on grown man, Kimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 5: By the way, the other morning, you guys were asking who would be the modern Eddie Haskell and a caller called up. They couldn't hold but they were saying they thought that would be Kimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 3: Kimmy Gibbler, that's Rich Davis. Hey, Tantarinos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because she was always there. You know, we have those people in life. They just show up. No one invited him, Yeah, why are they here? Who invited that person? But she was that neighborhood person who was there, the neighbor, the friend, and she was there all the time. The Kimmy Gibbler. But the most famous I don't even think of that.
Speaker 3: I think of like.
Speaker 2: I think of Like Kramer, believe it or not, because he was a neighbor. But I think, yeah, he was always busting in. And I think of Larry Dallas. But again, I don't know what. There's so many legendary and classic examples. Let's not still all the good ones. But when you said, Larry Dallas, if you were a kid of the eighties and your dad was watching Three's Company and you were sitting there watching with mom or dad, Larry might have been the best neighbor because you know why Larry would go to Jack's house, knock on the door.
Speaker 3: Jack, there's some hot girls down at the Regal Beagele. He was the ultimate wingman.
Speaker 2: Larry only knocked on Jack's door when Booty was involved. I assume that Larry lived in that same complex in Santa Monica, like I assumed he lived right there.
Speaker 3: He was always down to hang.
Speaker 2: But did Larry ever contact Jackie if it wasn't about Let's be honest, it was Larry, Larry get his chest hair sticking out with his chains on.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, I thought he was Neil Diamond.
Speaker 2: He was the same guy to me. He looked the same in my little kid mind. So his real name was Larry Dallyopolis.
Speaker 4: I got I got one really quick. Rich.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody will say this. I think of a tool time. I'm home improvement. Yeah, the famous neighbor Wilson. You just saw the top of his face, and he was famous for just his eyes. His eyes and forehead and hat were famous.
Speaker 2: And you know what I feel like, he gave great advice. He gave great advice to Tim Allen. So listen, we didn't steal all the good ones. The phones are all hot, Dannies, I'll let you get on.
Speaker 3: Gave one.
Speaker 2: I gave two, yes, Sorry, Kimmy Gibbler, Steve Erkele, Larry Dallas.
Speaker 3: I loved Mary's answer.
Speaker 2: Shananey from my ag funny great answer, Kramer best TV neighbors having a little fun.
Speaker 3: But is there a number one here?
Speaker 2: We're gonna wait, let's everyone spit it out, and then we'll be like, you know what, that is the best.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss as of right now.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard for you to convince me that it's not Steve Rkle, because that show is never supposed to be about Erkele.
Speaker 3: But he was such a.
Speaker 2: Great neighbor and character that the show about the Winslows became a show about Steve Erkele because he was such a fun, gotty cheese.
Speaker 3: Did I do that, hey, Laura?
Speaker 2: I only felt like he fell in a category of like annoying neighbor?
Speaker 3: Did you ever see this?
Speaker 2: You see the story in his biography he recently, Julia White just came out with the book. He also came out a strand a weed called the purple Arkle. I've never tried it, I would, though sounds good Steve Erkele. Jalil White, in his autobiography talks about how he got to an age on that show where because the suspenders pulled his jeans so tight that the producers are like, yo, Erkle, you're showing too much bulge. So there was a point where Erkele's bulger was a distraction, So that alone makes him the greatest neighbor Number one.
Speaker 3: Did I do that? Well? Uh?
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa Wowser's we got more Covine on retch and for Dan Patrick next.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and you can find us on the Eye Heart Radio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 2: It's the premiere sports lineup in the nation. I love that production piece.
Speaker 3: Thank me too. Other networks say they're number one. We know that's just a lie.
Speaker 2: It is it, It isn't the best here at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Happy to be part of it. Thank you for being part of it.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio Nation Coveno and Rich five to seven on the East Monday through Friday two to four. Out here on the West side, search Covino and Rich Revy stream your podcast and be a part of it. Boys an honor and thrill to fill in for Dan Patrick and Uh Friday, We'll be in for Colin on the Heard You Heard? Thank you world famous Covino and Rich Live the Mercedes Benz Studios Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show, offers national LTE coverage and no subscription ever, a great alternative for your kids and your parents.
Speaker 3: We use them on the show.
Speaker 2: Go to Rapid radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free wrap it Radio. Let's go, let's do it. We do it every Wednesday, something called mid Week Major.
Speaker 1: Covino and Rich get you over the middle of the week.
Speaker 3: When mid Week Major Major, Oh, I love that.
Speaker 1: We throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 6: Say, that's summit.
Speaker 1: We definitely leader see it. Our scoring mid Week Major.
Speaker 5: I gotta give myself at least eight full minutes. Here you hear the horns, You know you have made it to the middle of the week.
Speaker 4: All right, Before we get started to see who gets first take.
Speaker 5: Between Covino and Rich, we like to roll the big red Love dice.
Speaker 2: I just rolled the twelve, Well you roll the ten, oh ten, yeah, five and five, So now I have to roll mich Lee at twelve. Let's say oh way, oh no, part six.
Speaker 3: That's what she said. Alright, you're up first.
Speaker 5: The Covino gets to go first, all right, I mean last week we talked about Patrick Mahomes Senior right here on Midweek Major. His dust up with John Rocker was a headline during Super Bowl Week in New Orleans. Well, it was staged. Mahomes Senior made the admission. According to court documents obtained by TMZ Sports, officials were questioning him about his trip because he's been placed on probation from last year's charge of DWI. When he got into that squabble with Rocker. He then missed a urine test on February eleventh. Officials wanted to know more. According to the documents, the officials were ready to throw the book at him, so, in an effort to avoid trouble, the Chiefs quarterback's dad fest up to the fact that the Rocker incident was a staged altercation to get publicity for a celebrity boxing match that was set to take place in April twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Covino.
Speaker 5: Patrick's dad caught promoting a celebrity match Midweek or Major.
Speaker 2: It's a mid story. It's major for Patrick his son though. Oh you know, if I was his son, I'd be more embarrassed. Just when you thought that this could couldn't get any worse. It does because he's now intentionally embarrassing his son. Right, It's one thing to get a dui and and get in the way of the public image of your family and your son's career.
Speaker 3: You think his son wants to deal with this?
Speaker 2: Next question, Uh, really don't want to talk about my brother, my wife and her politics, and especially my dad.
Speaker 3: Next question, Hey, Patrick, what about your dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Next question, Like, Patrick Mahomes doesn't want to deal with that.
Speaker 2: So for his dad to be doing this stuff is embarrassing, and then to intentionally.
Speaker 3: Do this is even worse. See, I think say out of your son's way.
Speaker 2: I think this story is major because but the action was mid Yeah, I'm gonna say major, because when you get caught staging something, Oh, the embarrassment is top notch.
Speaker 3: And the only reason he fessed up.
Speaker 2: To it being staged was because he was gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 3: He would have tried.
Speaker 2: To play it off like, y'all, immune rocker, we're in a tussle and now we're gonna wrestle at a barstool event.
Speaker 3: Listen. Yeah, it's had a hype up a potential fight.
Speaker 2: The fact that his fake ass hype got caught is embarrassing at the highest level. But what's again even grosser about it is the fact that now you're intentionally just trying to embarrass your son. I noticed not the intent, but by a default, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 3: All right, next day and.
Speaker 4: All right, Tiger Tiger Woods.
Speaker 5: Y'all, Tiger had one hundred and ninety nine yards to the whole. His Jupiter Links teammates realized that something was really wrong. Tuesday night, in a TGL indoor match, Tiger asked to confirm the yardage and heard ninety nine because caddies often dropped the first number when it's obvious, but it was not obvious to Tiger. He hit a wedge, a good shot that traveled one hundred yards. He says, I heard ninety nine, so I went out there and hit it. There was a problem, obviously, he was one hundred yards off. One of the most embarrassing moments in my golfing career just happened. Would set on the telecastle laughing, I just screwed up that that was embarrassing. His Jupiter Link's teammates dropped to the grass laughing. By the way, New York never trailed in a ten to three victory fellas Tiger getting embarrassed on TV Covino mid Week or Major.
Speaker 2: Again mid But the headline is like the most embarrassing moment he's had on the course. When you've had embarrassing moments to the extent that he had in life with all the controversy and his other eighteen holes and everything else going on, Yeah, I think this pales in comparison.
Speaker 3: So this is more of a.
Speaker 2: Laugh out loud, funny sort of moment, like, oh, manan, could you believe that I was way off? So it's not his most embarrassing moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like that one time when we were playing mini golf and you're like, oh, the windmill. No, oh, it's supposed to go through the cloud's mouth. Listen.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny that Tiger had essentially a brain fart, it seems on the golf course. But Mark, I'll back up Cobino, when you've had embarrassing moments in real life with women and mistresses and your life fell apart at one point, Yeah, this is like insignificant. But yet what I did notice still rich too, is like, you know, he recently lost his mom. The fact that he was out there smiling, having fun and still compete in It's true. He's like, yeah, life goes on and props to him.
Speaker 4: I'm rooting for him all right.
Speaker 5: Up next here, what do you guys think of when I say Brazil booties?
Speaker 4: I knew you were going to say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I hold on soccer.
Speaker 4: That predictable.
Speaker 5: The NFL is filling out its list of international games for the twenty twenty five season. It was just announced the La Chargers are set to host a game in Brazil in Week one.
Speaker 3: We gotta go, yeah, just stop it.
Speaker 5: There was an official announcement from the NFL just this morning. The Chargers will be the designated home team at Corinthians Arena on a Friday night during the first week of the regular season. Today's announcement about the Chargers in Brazil brings the number of confirmed home teams for international games to seven. The Jags, the Browns, and the Jets will all play in London. Guys, Jim Harbaugh and the Chargers headlining in Brazil, Covino Midweek or major major Dude.
Speaker 2: Are in every way because we're seeing the growth of the NFL let's focus on this first and first, mostly international sport. You're seeing how excited they get overseas in Mexico. Rich and I went to a Mexico City game a few years back, like five years ago. We were amazed to see the level of genuine excitement for American football, Like wow. So now it's in Brazil hyping it up there. That's major in itself. Right then, if you're a guy like me, he always fantasized about the booty cheeks in Brazil, this might be your chance to get your buddies to go out there and go fulfill that fantasy football but cheeks, let's go. This is America. Actually it's Brazil, but I love it, and Rich America. It's the American dream.
Speaker 3: I think it's great.
Speaker 2: And for those that say, well, the travel and for the players. Last year the Eagle started the season playing internationally, they won the Super Bowl. The Chiefs played three games within a ten to eleven day period, they went to the Super Bowl. So I think the narrative that it's unfair to these players, Listen, all teams deal with travel, All teams deal with this going to a foreign country and expanding your brand for a game you get paid millions to do and the world is falling more in love with I think it's awesome. I love the Internet and international expansion. Eventually, I think it would be cool not to have a franchise international, but I think it would be cool if every season, every team had one international game. What a cool road trip for you and your buzz. Right, Let's say could get that Brazilian Butler if you've been on Danny, Imagine if the schedule goes to eighteen games eventually, and there's two bye weeks, two bye weeks, eighteen games, but one of your eighteen games is international. That would be awesome and you can get and you can get your BBL.
Speaker 5: BBL DK All right, guys, Finally something that only could rival Rich's weak psyche white sneakers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: An Oklahoma man's family surprised him with a Guinness World Record for his collection of eight and eighty two different bricks. Clem Reicknheimer, eighty seven, was out of town when his daughter and son in law gathered a group of their friends to count and document each item in his Tulsa brick barn. The eighty seven year old returned home and was surprised with an official certificate from the four the world's largest collection of bricks. I got back in town and it was a big surprise. I'm very happy to hear about the Guinness World Record. His collection has taken forty years. It includes a Roman brick from a D one hundred, but most date to date, he's got one from Tulsa, I guess from his hometown. With a backward s he says he's most proud of guys a man with more bricks than Shaquille O'Neill Coveno in Midweek or Major.
Speaker 3: How many bricks does he have?
Speaker 4: Almost nine thousand?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had like ten thousand bricks, so yeah, not that impressive. Actually kind of weak.
Speaker 2: So yes, that's exactly I think. Didn't Shack have more bricks than that? This is the weakest story ever, dude, of all time.
Speaker 3: You know, I tell you what.
Speaker 2: Some people collect shot classes, matchbooks, magnets when they go on vacation, maybe Christmas ornaments, picture frames, bricks though the one like the one from one to a D Roman times like listen, there's some cool relics that if you had as a centerpiece and like your daduse but I mean bricks, I mean he literally has a brack house. I mean, this guy, it's a lameess collection. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: And it's heavy, it's hard to move around.
Speaker 2: You think his wife at any points, like honey, ever think about something else?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, kind of a weak story.
Speaker 4: What's the lamest thing you two collect?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Oh, you know what I do collect. I don't think it's lame though. I don't collect many things. I have a baseball card collection I still have, right, but I collect from all the events that we do and and fights that we go to, and games and other like the lanyards, like lanyards, the lanyards like you around your neck, like the straight you know, minentes of the events that we go to collect. You go to Kavino's house, he'll show he has and he puts him on like hangars in the closet.
Speaker 3: You have what thousands?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you guys are going to get another one from Philadelphia tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well advertising it man Burglars are listening. Thank you, Danny g. You're welcome for a little midweek major.
Speaker 2: We got more Covino and Ritch next in for the great Dan Patrick, Right, here, Fox Sports Radio,