Speaker 1: You are listening to the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: This is Drive Time with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 1: Back to throw to a looking whips about a wide Dolphin.
Speaker 3: Touchdown time, Rick call uncolievable, just blue.
Speaker 2: Fire for a second time. Don't know where he was going right away. I want to hit that there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna help you.
Speaker 1: Someone will keep on your bandwagon.
Speaker 2: Wattle, Wattle to a shot, guts back to throw looking at them's up fires touchdown. It's Waddle his sixth touchdown. Parass.
Speaker 5: This tag Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins.
Speaker 2: Now check your pulse for what is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins podcast Network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins. How's it going everybody? I am your host, Travis Wingfield And on today's show, a fun tape to break down for y'all, we'll look at the numbers from Pro Football Focus, the Next Gen, the top five tapes Tough to choose from. This week, we'll also hear from head coach Mike McDaniel, Austin Jackson, Emmanuel Ogbaugh, Christian Wilkins, and a whole lot more. Plus if we have some time, we'll take a look around the web. The Dolphins are very popular right now in the national sphere. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex, this is the Drive Time Podcast. Some injury updates from Mike McDaniel's Monday press conference Real Quick. Jalen Waddles sounds like he's going to be back sooner than later. Still in the concussion protocol, but coach that they are very optimistic about his availability heading into the week. Connor Williams and Jalen Phillips great news here are both day Today, McDaniel said, I thought Connor's injury looked a lot worse than day to day, So that's fantastic to get one of the game's best centers back in there. And by the way, nobody really mentioned the snaps yesterday because they were fine and he continues to make blocks as good as any center in the National Football League. So just think we should get the same energy with that player all the time. And then unfortunately, River Craycraft will miss some time with a shoulder injury. They don't have the exact timeline, but he will miss some time, per coach Mike McDaniel. How about that tape. I was overwhelmed coming into the office today to watch this tape and put together a podcast. And you're gonna understand why right off the top here, because I'm going to punt Unlike the Dolphins offense, I'm going to punt once on the big play breakdowns because I don't know how I could select enough of them. I wouldn't do the game justice to do any of them because there are like thirty there's literally thirty plays to go break down. So I thought, let's do the top five tapes. Will sprinkle in the top plays throughout the podcast and also cover the entire offense and defense who shined who did not, And it's mostly shined this week, as you can imagine. But I didn't want the podcast to be two hours long, so let's go ahead and do our top five tapes. And number one is running back devon a chain. The first touchdown, he ducks under a tackle at the five yard line, drops a shoulder on another defender. The three gets a second defender or I guess third in this instance in terms of broken tackles, and they're attached to him at the two yard line and he powers through it to put the ball over the goal line. Now, I think one of the biggest takeaways from the tape is how bad Denver's effort was throughout much of the game, but not at this stage of the game. A chan just outworked these guys when they were still trying to give effort, and you could see it. It popped off a tape just like his speed, the low center of gravity and the zero to sixty acceleration that he shows. It's a deadly combination. Man, you better bring your damn technique as a tackler and play with a relentless pursuit because if you don't, he's gonna make you look silly like he did the Broncos defense all day long. Six point two yards average after initial contact. If a running back ran for six point two yards per carry, they would be the greatest prinning back of all time. He did it after initial contact. He forced six missed tackles as a ball carrier and also as a pass receiver three, so he had nine total in the game. He had one hundred and twelve yards just as a ball carrier after contact, not as a pass receiver as a handoff like a running back. Right one hundred and twelve yards after initial contact. He had four runs of ten plus yards and the third of his carries went for first downs and touchdowns. Let's go ahead and hear from Austin Jackson, who spoke with the media on Monday and talked a little bit about the running backs game here and this big breakout performance you got.
Speaker 3: He got in with us in OTAs McDaniel. McDaniel coached him up for sure, and he's taken all the coach in and he's been very attentative and like just surely elevated because you know him taking the coach in and working hard. So I love to see that type of stuff out of him.
Speaker 2: And just real quick, I recorded this before the updates. Devon a Chan. That's the way you pronounce his name, Devon a Chan. He clarified that this week we should call the young man what he wants to be called, Devon a Chan. Top tape number two to a tongue Bi Loo, who's now three for three in this department. I think the best that you can say about Tua is the information that he gathers at three critical points of every single play, pre snap, post snap, and then his first read and that first read for some quarterbacks provides info that provides them the opportunity to find more information with their next progression. But Tula uses what he sees before the snap, at the snap, and then how they rotate based upon his first read and his ability to manipulate coverage with body position and eyes to move things around, and he knows the answers to the test after that, like he knows if I look this way and make this movement, that's going to have this impact on the backside. And my goodness, the ball is out so quickly, especially to backs and tight ends on those checkdowns, and it gives them just more space, more time to make a move and operate. And there's just not that many backs who are going to be tackled out in space one on one. And speaking of balls in the backs, who told you, shameless self promotion, who told you this summer we were going to see the running backs involved a lot more in the passing game and the tight ends? Who told you that? Pretty good? So far? In fact, running backs had one hundred and fifteen yards after the catch, which to me speaks to two is timing an accuracy on layup throws. You might think that's easy and it's pretty innocuous, and it mostly is, but not every quarterback is doing that. They only had ninety yards receiving. They broke eight tackles on their receptions on eleven receptions. It's crazy, just crazy anticipation on so many throws from this quarterback. There's a twenty five yard comeback where his hands separate before Tyreek even throttles down against off coverage. And when they have those one on one looks where Tyreek's out of the blocks, burning and a four to two speed down the field, I don't know how you cover that because he can either run by you if you play the comeback and if you if you play the deep ball, he'll rip it off and come back down the field and make a twenty yard play. So I guess it's better to give up twenty yards than sixty yards and a touchdown. But either way, you're not gonna win. A few plays later, the Dolphins go bunch right to the field. That's the wide side of the field. It's a trip's formation, your bunch look, and the Broncos coverage just cannot react to it fast enough. Because of the quarterback play you're getting in Miami, you have rules. When you have those types of stacks and bunches and trips, like you take the first guy in, I'll take the second guy out, and like you have different ways you communicate that coverage to deal with bunches and stacks. But the way Tua's playing, I don't give a damn If you have no stra damas back there with a minor in football coverages and how to decipher defensive coverages and communicate them, it doesn't matter who it is, because Tua is just better than you at it. Tua is deciphering where the opening will be before the Dolphins receivers even declare their routes, so before they have an opportunity the defense to process info to get into the proper look against that. You know two man coverage or three man route concept, Tua has already done it. It's too late for you. At that point, you cannot defend it. There's a third and four conversion on a speed out to Brax and Barrios. Speed out is gett about three or four yards of depth and break that thing off to the sideline and the defensive back is inside, leveraged by two yards and off coverage five yards. When Tua makes the decision. He has no chance to drive on that foot. He's making this read based on the leverage he's reading from a different defensive back in the bunch set. He sees it, he knows what's going to open up. He throws it, and it all plays out the way. I'm sure At forecasts it in his mind. What he's doing is so special. Enjoy this, guys, It is special. It's rare. This kind of quarterback play is going to make us not like football in fifteen years because if he does this forever, like, it's gonna not be fun when you go to the next guy, because he's going to ruin it for you. That's how good it has been so far. And if he continues doing it, my goodness. A couple more things. If you guys saw the Dan Orlowsky video, the ability to pump, recoil, and release the football to manipulate and then take advantage of the manipulation, like within a snapshot. It's all inside of one second. Do you know how fast that is. That's faster than a ninety nine Milt Hoar fastball. You have time to react to it displaces the defense and his ability to do that and then fire the football with the accuracy he shows. Go back and watch the tape. The balls are on face masks in stride to four two receivers. The way he's doing it right now, you're not going to be able to stop it if he continues playing at this level. The last note I have on Tua the ball handling and footwork. You know that plays a big part in his passing success, obviously, but it also helps accentuate the eye candy. The defense must sort through because on those shotgun looks where he turns his back to the defense and hands off to the running back running wide against the grain, there's a play here where he executes the fake and I put him on the clock from snap to turn your back to the defense, fake the handoff behind you, and then to throw the football down the field seventeen yards one point eight three seconds, sixteen air yards down the field. What what You also see this on a third down conversion to Tyreek in the third quarter. And the thing about mechanics and the way he sees the field, it all works together in this beautiful symphony. You have Tyreek and Barrios running double slants to the field. What that means is Barrios is the one receiver out wide to the wide side of the field. He's the closest to the sideline. The two is the next guy inside, So Barrios wide Tyreek in a slat alignment. There's one linebacker in the hook zone, which is kind of the middle of the field about five to seven yards, trying to cover both of these slants. And that's the guy they want to work off of. So what does Tua do. He looks to Barrios on that second slant and he strides his way. So what's the linebacker do? Oh, that's where the football's going. Not so fast, my friend. He stops him dead in his tracks, and then as he strides to Barrios, he just kind of whips that arm in a three quarter release point and slings it to Tyreek. And guess where it is between the one and the zero. You can't defend that. You can't defend it. He's first in well, basically every stat He's behind Cousins by a few yards and one touchdown after skipping the fourth quarter in yesterday's game. But EPA total QBR touchdown percentage passer rating PFF grade, big time, big time throw completion percentage over expected yard per pass, yards per drop back, sack rate, average depth of target to a tongue of Bai lowla, ranks first, and all that stupid stuff. I just said number one in the NFL. He's the best quarterback in the league right now. Deal with it. He was eight for nine on ten plus air yard throws in the game for a buck seventy two in a touchdown. I talked about beating the blitz. They only blitzed five times. So Vance Joseph literally remade his defensive system to deal with this quarterback. Which, yeah, his blitz has been getting beat this year and really forever, but he changed it. And look at what it did to the Broncos defense. They couldn't compete. They weren't on the same field as the Miami Dolphins offense because of how Tua and this offense shreds the blitz. So he was four or five on those blitzer with two touchdowns and credit the offensive line, and two was trigger time. But he was only pressured twice in the game. He hit both of those passes when he was pressured for twenty eight yards. I mentioned Tua's processor with the mechanical proficiency how those two things together are creating this Joe Montana Niners level offensive efficiency that we've heard from Boomerasisin or other folks out out there. I think that the Dolphins operation of getting the play calls in faster and giving him more time at the line of scrimmage decipher what he's seeing has really accentuated those traits that two exhibits. Let's go ahead and hear from coach McDaniel on the process of putting all this in to cut down on the pre snap penalties, all that good stuff. Here's Coach McDaniel.
Speaker 5: I knew we stood a fighting chance for what guys are willing to say they want, but you don't always know if they're willing to deliver on it. When we started the off season, the first thing that we showed was just every single one of those penalties to the face in a row, and the fact that all the players didn't lose interest, that it had a visceral feeling that they wanted to correct and you could see it every time that we went and operated as an offense, and how focused people were on it, trying to get it right. And it wasn't like it was a night night and day thing. So that's that's something that you know, over a three game span. It is only three games, but I'm very proud of that in terms of there's there's not a quick fix to that, or it's not like, hey, just don't do that. You know, there's people really have to look inward and self assess across the board, those who are teaching it and those who are executing it. And when you're just worried about the things that you can control, you can get solutions to very very real problems, like like we are over three games span with that stuff.
Speaker 2: I also want to take advantage of the opportunity. We had to talk to Austin Jackson today, who obviously sits in these offensive meetings and reviews of tape with the guys. I was just curious, Austin, what is it like watching TUA do these subtle little things that coaches point out to you guys and you guys see on the tape. What's it like watching too his tape on Mondays?
Speaker 3: Who is a magician? Yeah, he's just he's a magician. He's a dog, a great, great football player, a great teammate. You know, our coach is challenging challenge him, not in a bad way, but just like they give him an expectation because they know he can he can handle it, and he'll do it well. And he just consistently does that over and over again. So yeah, we love watching his little crazy not look passes and just watching him throw every throw in rhythm with no hitches and perfect footwork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's magician magic man. Now you see him, Now you don't. Speaking of Austin Jackson, Let's go ahead and take our first break right here and come back on the other side and get to my number three top tape of the game. Spoiler, it's Austin Jackson. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by I don't know my top two tapes from the Denver Broncos Demolish the Demolition. It was Austin Jackson number three. TUA was number one, or TUA was number two. H a number one, Austin Jackson takes number three. I'm off the rails, guys. I've had like four coffees today grinding this tape, working on about five hours of sleep. That's about two more than Cameron allows the Winfold household to average. But I'm just fired the French up dog Austin Jackson hit. The symbiotic relationship between his hands and feet stands out in a way that just he just was not doing in the past. Fast, physical, elite technique. Those are three principles that McDaniel preaches in terms of things he wants Miami Dolphins football players to exhibit. And they were all on display as he was able to snatch an anchor and pass pro, you know, get guys hands off the chest, play and really negate their power they're trying to generate from either their runway or their swipe or their leverage they create with hands and swipes and punches and all that stuff. He where he really excels. And I talk again your boy paid attention and training camp and preseason. I was a little bit dubious at the right word of Austin and passpro coming into the season. Why wouldn't you be. It's been a rough go for him through the first three years. The injury last year obviously, you know, kind of I guess put a little bit of hiccup in his development, and it wasn't great the first couple of years of his career. And so my thought was his expanded athletic ability to get out in space accentuates what this offense wants to be with the wide zone runs, and from there you can help him and the entire offensive line within the structure of the scheme of the offense because of how good he is in the running game and how much that athletic ability out to space creates conflict for the defense, particularly the second level linebackers and the edge defenders who have been in hell through three games. There's a reason we don't allow that many pressures. Why don't we have a good offensive line? Two? The scheme just puts them in constant peril and conflict. And with Austin Jackson, the way they create these extra gaps out wide and the way he approaches these blocks in control as a run blocker, it's so good. He's been excellent in space, creating lanes out wide for a Chan a Chan mostert achmed when Wilson gets back Azukama, whatever the case may be, you do that, and then you also factor in the fact that he can downblock and displace a four eye technique of four eyes on his inside shoulder, and if you're running left for your right tackle, that's a tough block to make. You have to get outside leverage that you're already out flanked in and get across that body and drive him. And he's doing it. He's displacing guys three yards sideways, five yards back off the football and finishing with authority with a pancake. Damn it. It's fun to watch like that forty yard a chan run. Austin is the backside tackle. He starts at the plus forty six yard line and runs from the far hash outside of the numbers. That's like twenty five yards in with and down the field to the thirty six yard line. So ten yards of depth and full speed rams this defensive back and put him on his back. Man, it's absurd. Let's hear from Austin. I asked him, how do you feel about your technique right now?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Because I'm sitting here on Twitter in this room by myself with a half half crooked hat on the side of my head, just fist pumping in mid air for nobody about how fun this tape is to watch. I think your technique looks pretty damn good man. I'm fire up.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Here's Austin on his technique.
Speaker 3: Feel pretty good. You know, I had a whole year off of football, and I watched a lot of football in that time, had a year of offseason the train, and I kind of understand, you know, just what I wanted to look like, and you know what I wanted my game to look like. So I'm happy. I'm happy to be healthy first and foremost because that's when I give my opportunities to play.
Speaker 1: So yes, very happy.
Speaker 2: And then I wanted to put this question back to him again because I asked this to all the guys all off season. You guys heard it on the podcast here. I was enamored by the idea of the second year in this offense, and what do you know, it worked out pretty good for the Dolphins so far. But I wanted to ask Austin about how he thinks the scheme benefits him now that he has three games of tape, because last year he had like less than a full game of tape and didn't have a chance to really go back and you know, look at what he did. But now that he does, how does he feel this system benefits his skill set? Here's Austin a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, I definitely think that I can play to the advantage of my speed in this offense. It's very fun. I love what the offensive concepts are focused around in terms of angles and power, speed and just everything that we can orchestrate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it fits a lot of my skill set.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool, Pretty damn cool. My top tape, Number five, number four top tape. Isaiah Win consistently seals gaps in the running game through three game. That's all he's done. Man, he's been awesome climbing to the second level locking down in pass I can't count how many reps there were. I tried, and I kind of lost track at the end where he's one on one isolated in pass protection and you can kind of see the tackle in him, the tackle experience in pass pro. Because these guys are trying to redirect, like their initial surge, nothing goes nowhere. Let's try to redirect and detach from Isaiah. Good luck didn't happen there. This was an elite tape for a player who, once again, Chris Greer found himself a starry and left guard for not that expensive Pretty sweet man. Number five Javon Holland and I had to put somebody on defense in here, or I was thinking I did. I didn't want to because I wanted to make it all offense. But then Javon's tape got watched by me. I watched his tape, had fun doing it, and I was like, all right, he has to go in. Because from the first play of the game, Courtland Sutton tries to down block him, and he goes and gets it and says, you will not be down blocking me, sir, I will be initiating that contact. And it kind of makes Sutton rethink his decision because he whacked him right off the top, and I feel like that kind of had an impact throughout the course of the game. But I want to break down the first of his two forced fumbles. The second one was just great hustle and effort by him, but the first one is a really good example to show you, guys, what he does so well that we do not get to see very often, because typically when a safety makes a play, you know, you get the splash. You know, sacks and TFLs and interceptions, that's all great, but typically the best plays they make lead to no target. Right, you don't test the guy who's anticipating your coverage and running routes for the receiver. We talk about Tua's anticipation on the offensive side all the time on this show, but I would equate Javaon on the back end of the defense to what Tuoa was doing on offense. I'm not going to get into the rules of Fangio's system because it's again a four hour podcast to do that, and it's complex as hell. But you know, the typical cover four six eight quads quarter, quarter, a half, quarter, a half quarter, and when you hear that, it's all about structure of the coverage. So the quads is you know, cover four four deep quarter quarter half is three deep defenders with one guy taking a quarter, one guy taking a quarter, another guy to taking a half, and then a quarter, a half quarter, you get it. So that's all convoluted. But Javon's ability within the structure, within the system to anticipate the way things happen. From that, he frequently plays the backside safety position, which takes care of help on the X receiver. It also can help pick up the crossing routes on the strong side of the formation, the passing strength, and he's the premiere player at this in the NFL, I would say he and unfortunately, you know let's be honest, mik If fitz Patrick's prettydamn good at it too. But the way that he drives downhill, the way he gets depth before the concept develops like either direction. Even on the deep ball of charge the Broncos hit early in the game, he kind of got beat. But you saw him wheel out because he knew instinctually, like I've messed that up. I gotta get depth. He didn't get back quite fast enough. He was one step faster, he would have had a pick. But the work that he does back there, it shuts down so much that we just do not see unless you're really digging into the stuff. But on the force fumble, you'll see him squat on the number two receiver to the field. We talked about this in Tyreek, right, the second receiver is usually the slot, First is out wide, third is in close line scrrange twos in the slot. This guy's running acrosser to Javon on the backside, and then because he knows the concept is not going to sneak a route in behind him, he can process, Okay, he just crossed face. Now I can go pick up the other hook. The guy runs on the other side of the football field and he gets there, closes downhill and drives in that throw and punches the football out and then we get a convoy of defenders immediately turning upfield and laying blocks. This is premire stuff from Javon Holland to create that fumble and then it allows Andrew Van Ginkle to pick it up. And is he a running back in the past life? I mean gd man, he runs the ball in the three yard line because of all these great blocks that guys get, we score on the next play. Great team effort, but finally a clip that allows us to use definitive or allows us to definitively highlight just how damn good Jevon Holland is. Let's go ahead and hear from Christian Wilkins on the mindset of blocking on a takeaway.
Speaker 1: You know, that's something you you know, you kind of talk about or mentioned like, you know, if there's an interception or if there's a turnover, things like that always go you know, try to find, you know, the first opposite a couple of jersey you see, and you know typically try to block the quarterback you know or skill and that's who made the play. So you know, we would have liked to get Gink in there. It would have been cool, but you know, just that's kind of what your coach is doing.
Speaker 2: Again. Honestly, five tapes was not enough. It just wasn't. I had tarn in there, but replaced him because he just didn't play as much as the other guys, which I thought was kind of fair. I also had Julian Hill in there. I had Tyreek, I had Van Ginkel, I had Ogby, I had David Long as guys that could have been in the top five this week, maybe top ten. But we'll just stick to breaking down those top five. Actually, we'll go ahead and do the whole damn thing because we'll finish up with the general notes offense and defense. That's next here on the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by I donation. We've done the top five tapes, let's go ahead and get in some more general notes here. Stalking with the offensive side of the football, and I was tracking how frequently the Dolphins ran crack toss, which is the receiver peeling back inside to kind of seal off the edge defender. And it's not the hardest block if you put enough effort into it and you have enough will you can execute it. You know, easy for me to say, being in my position. But what's so beautiful about it is how much peril it creates. And it causes the little bit of hesitation that you need for this offense to do what it does best and put everybody in hell. But on crack Toss, I counted six plays for fifty one yards and a rushing touchdown. And it's awesome because you get you know, I mentioned this in the Sunday recap pod. The way we run these wide runs. You get athletic linemen sometimes Alec Durham, Julian Hill blocking corners out wide, and then because of all that action going back across the flow, you know, split flow, full flow, what half flow, whatever it might be. Like, these guys have to be cognizant of the end a round. They have to be cognizant of the play action, boot of the under over concept. Like it's just too much to deal with. And when you can execute crack Toss with a tune of six carries fifty one yards and a touchdown, it just makes it even harder. And you're gonna get these running backs in these wide runs against cornerbacks one on one opposed to you know, jamming it up inside against defensive tackles and linebackers where you're essentially dropping seventy pounds of player. These guys have to make miss out in space, and the way they utilize all this flow is just it's mind boggling. There's so many moving parts. They dress up some pretty simple concepts with tons of flash. You know Raheem catching a pop pass on fly motion, which is just going across the entire formation in motion pre snap, and the pop pass when the quarterback catches it and taps it right forward to the guy in motion with guard tackle counteraction that is both your guard and your tackle pulling from one side to the other part of the formation. You couple that with Tyreek running an end around with that shovel pass inside. It's got to be such a headache for the second level defenders to try to sort through all the window dressing to find out where the hell the football is actually going. They have wrinkles off that off crack top where Tyreek comes across the flow of play action and they throw the under route to him. With Tua having pressure in his face just does not matter. It's constant and the speed we have on the perimeter Austin and Tistead and Smythe and Hill and Alec it creates extra gaps that allows our speedy backs to make those one cut explosive plays. It's all built with intent, constant pressure, constant conflict. Never enjoyed watching offensive tape the way I have this Dolphins team. Let's go ahead and go back to Mike McDaniel who addressed how they built in their motions this offseason and the continuation what they showed last year on tape.
Speaker 5: Here's coach, there's multiple jet tempo motions. There's a you know, and that's you're kind of always problem solving, and sometimes those things are given birth by the nature of necessity or certain skill sets that individuals have, or you know, different things that affect the defense. You know, I think there was there's been motions that we utilized yesterday that were from this offseason problem solving for some things. But then there was a bunch that we'd we'd employed last year and you know, this year. The only difference is is that we're not having near the pre stap penalty is while we're doing them. So you know, that's just something that, uh, you know, at first, it's hard for a coach because you know it's not clean when you first start doing stuff like that and moving all the time. But when it becomes your norm, you're able to guys are guys kind of get uncomfortable now when there is an emotion on a play, they're like, where's the rest of the play? But that, uh, it's a It takes a total commitment of every everyone, including an offensive line, because you have to get used to the different types of snap counts that Tuya uses it to employ to not only execute some of those motions, but then make sure that the defensive line can't tee off on snap points and then have variations of cadence on that too. So everybody plays a part in it, and it's something that takes a village to execute.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and get to some more tapes. I liked out of the eligibles, the receivers and backsk the Tyreek effects man check out a lot of those checkdowns. You often will see two guys clamping on Tyreek hill and Tuas seeing that and quickly getting to his next look just makes this offense so potent. We talked about that in the A Chanin portion damn It a chan And portion of the podcast. The way he attacks the football in the air, tyreeks his ability to hit a different gear and go get the football and run through it. I think it really maximizes his ability to chew up yards after the catch, and it somehow makes Tua look even more accurate than he is for it is copy and paste each week, elite technique, elite effort. The skills are off the page. I'm not sure we've ever seen anything like this in a Dolphin's uniform. I think you can safely say he's the best version of himself that he's ever been. Just a cool seven point four to eight yards per route ran in that game. Remember two is like Pro Bowl level, so he's four times a Pro bowler. Tyreek is now over three and a half yards per route ran since he got here in twenty twenty two. It's the best of all time in pro football focus his history. He doesn't require a high volume of targets either, caught nine for eleven. Also the best in the category of yards per target, which essentially is how an offense functions since his arrival. Yesterday, it was fourteen point three. Anything over eight is considered good. I like Durham Spice game here. Second level climbs looking exactly or look exactly like his releases into the route, so it's more confusion for defenses. That first play action throw he kept the middle linebackers feet in concrete because he released slowly into the route and the linebacker didn't know what he was looking at. And to a dumps at in for fifteen yards just easy as can be loved. Julian Hill's game ceiling off the edge with tremendous consistency on reaches as well, super strong hands and grip strength and plays with his bass cleats in the ground that allows him to continue to fight for position, which he often won in this game. The way he attached to Tron Armstead on Raheem most Heart's three yard touchdown run and helped get tested some extra push he needed. Keep an eye on this guy going forward. He's a big, big boon in the running game. I think you're gonna see a lot more of him. Just wanted to mention River, said Reeke and Barrios, and I'm excluding a receiver here because the effort just was not good enough. Yesterday. Long touchdowns nice, but you better go block off the edge and not give up on blocks. But they all the four guys I mentioned all had critical crackbacks on crack toss. Shout out to Cedric and Chosen for that matter, for running full sprints to stay out in front of Chris Brooks on his fifty yard run. I like that effort. Let's bring it every single play, alec ingold climbing to the damn safety and squaring him up ten yards down the field. His ability to line up all over the formation and hit different types of blocks is why he's the best full back in the NFL. It's another one of these key cogs of the engine.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We have so many unique players doing so many unique things. Gosh, it is fun. Raheem moster. It's contact balance paired with the ability to change directions while maintaining his acceleration and speed. That is the genesis of how tackles get broken. My man was in the grasp of two Broncos defenders on that twenty yard touchdown run, just bounced off of it. Then he rass the angle of two more defenders to the pylon with his speed. Elite, elite stuff. Eleven miss tackles forced three point three one yards after contact on average. And then I also noted Chosen's move on the touchdown, really nice double move, great route and then to run away from the defensive back sideways to find the end zone. Really good stuff. And Mike White through an absolute dot on that play. Offensive line. Let's go ahead and go back to Christian Wilkins here, who I asked about what he's seen from the offensive line and their performance so far this season.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, I'm locked in on game day. I have a lot of fun watching on offense out there seeing what those guys do. And whenever I get the chance to see what they do, it's a lot of fun because you know, well Joe caron there like messer, Rob Hunt or something, but like, man, you lucky you don't have to see me in the game or whatever. Just like kind of having fun or whatever. But no, they've been doing a great job, you know, just protected well and you know, been able to move guys in the run game. It's just just been cool to see because you know, to be a you know, you see all those guys kind of you know, just put work in and kind of build from the off season in jail, and you know, they's just good to see that, and it's you know, I'm happy. You know they've been able to do some good stuff and hopefully they can continue building and continue to put together some good performances.
Speaker 2: How about one pressure, no sacks and one hit on two how about tarn arms it out in space that second drive, he carried a linebacker ten yards down the field to put him on his back side. Then he pancake pass or ten seven yards down the field in the twenty six yard a shant a Chan run. His hands, his intelligence just always stand out on tape. Knock down, the hands, lean into the run on that three yard touchdown run, the way he anchored and shows patient hands and pass protection. Elite tape from a future Hall of Famer. I knowed Connor Williams's quickness. You see it all the time on the second level reaches. But there's a snap where the Broncos one tech jumps into the neutral zone before the snap and he still cuts him off like you're cheating and you're still getting cut off. Hilarious. Also, Lester Cotton had a great seal on the sixty eight yard a Chan run. Let's go ahead and hear from Austin on Rob Hunt, who had a great game as well. This guy is the best right guarden football right now for my money. The way he's getting to the second level, wiping dudes out, hitting key blocks, the point catching climb concepts. Rob Hunt having a great year. Let's hear from Austin Jackson and how he's grown and how he's seen that growth in his fourth year as a dolphin.
Speaker 3: It's just just an animal, just an animal. It's very comfortable in the system, understands his angles, run targets and run blocking. I think he's even began to set more aggressive and pass pro so I've seen him clamp a lot of guys at the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just growing out of fast rate.
Speaker 3: He's already, you know, a wonderful player.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it rolling here onto the defensive side of the football. I have no general notes. In fact, it's going to be quick because the notes went to the offense today. Christian Wilkins speaking of him, the way he continues to get off double teams and ride the wave down the line of scrimmage and then make a tackle. There's not many guys that can do that. He's absolutely unreal and the run before the field goal after we turns it over on downs, you see Wilkins, and this is why the ability to make these plays with the light box defense we run is so paramount. He jumps into the B gap, has his eyes on the back and then sees the play going into the inside of the formation and he jumps back over the top of the blocker to take away the A gap and then flows back outside and forces the back to bubble and stretch that thing out, and that allows his entire cavalry to arrive for a big tackle for loss. Elite player Zach seeler Man when he gets the one on one pass rush opportunities, he's just too much for guys to handle. And it's the same complement of moves with power to swim, to dip and rip. That trio of moves is too much for people to handle. He crossed face on the center and just bull doze his way into the backfield on the first chance he got just like that and buried Russell Wilson Emmanuel Ogball in the pick. Great job staying with the play and running to the football to make that interception one hand to grab two and how great was it to see him bust out the dice roll celebration again for the first time in a long time. The closing speed and then the redirect as a free runner on the quarterback. Those are hard sacks to get on a guy like Russell Wilson, especially, who had been evading them all day long, not for ogball. On this play, he made the most of his opportunity. Let's go ahead and hear from him on the pick and how pumped he was to get that.
Speaker 4: I mean, Deshaun made a great play, put his hands up, he hit the ball and I think bounced off on the Dare Helmett and all of a sudden I looked to my left. I was like the ball was like spinning, and I was like, oh, sonaw, I'm right there. So I just kind of stretched my own mind and just kind of.
Speaker 1: Like grabbed it.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of an easy, easy cash.
Speaker 2: Though by just a couple more things here left linebacker's position. I thought David Long had a fantastic tape. He's finding his fits fast. He's sticking his nose in the face of the fan, taking on blocks, chopping down ball carriers on his tackle for loss. He did that thing that I praised this offseason where he deeps the guard by jumping the wrong gap and then peeling back out and finding the right gap to quickly then flow downhill and go make a play. Elite stuff on that third and one stuff he made. And then in the defensive backfield, I just am so enamored by cater Co, Who's game. We talk about offense creating lanes on the perimeter in the running game. Well, Co who is a guy that you can't do that against because he makes another open field tackle on Sunday. The next play he mirrors Courtland Sutton's nine route, slaps the arm bar down when he tries to make that outbreak on the fade route or the go ball, stays in phase and then patiently plays the catch point every week. Cater Co, who provides teaching tape, He's awesome. It's the best cornerback of a team right now for my money. Deshaun Elliott, second game in a row, there's more thunder thunder? Are you telling this story? Ah am I that's incanto. Second game in a row from Elliott that I loved. He plays a combination of the man and the quarterback really well where he kind of keeps eyes on both. That pass breakup he had before the Broncos first touchdown was textbook depth. Id the play, drive, makeup, play on the football, and that I wanted to note Justin Bethel continue to love they that he plays the game just always in the right place. He's smart, He squeezes the pile in the run game, anticipates the passing game. He's been a nice fine so far. Some PFF numbers, Ogball led the way with four pressures. Seeler, Wilkins had three each, Chubb and Bake had two apiece, and then for run stops, Long had three. Holland, Wilkins, and Bethel all had two each. And I had one tape that I particularly did not like, and it was Xavier and Howard. I thought it was just rough. A lot of those crossers that we gave up were him just bailing on what looks like man everywhere he goes technique meg technique to the backside of the formation. It's a very common coverage in this defense, and he would just kind of let him go and they would be all alone in open space. Not a lot of urgency there to anticipate. He's kind of been reactive more than anticipating, and it's it's been a rough go through the first three games here. Besides that great Pickie had against the Patriots. So some good, some bad, mostly great. Let's go ahead and play one two more sound clips here. First, Mike McDaniel, I asked him about what I read in the Peter King colin, which we're not gonna do around the web today because I once again went forty minutes. But I did ask McDaniel about why he allows players to give the pregame speech not just before the games you'll hear from coach here, but also before they break down meetings, team dinners, all that stuff. Here's coach on his empowerment of players.
Speaker 5: You know, generally, especially when we're about to play football, you know, I'll have my my, my pieces of wisdom. But the most impactful thing is when guys hear from from each other, hear from the piers. So I ask a lot of the captains in moments like that. And it's not just exclusively before the game. You know that they say the last words to each other the night before the game, and you know pretty much every activity that we have culminates with a team breakdown. So I think guys guys take very serious the the the opportunity they have when they're able to speak to the whole group, and when you have a bunch of like minded guys, you can really see adrenaline, emotion, just the overall attentiveness of guys really perk up when when they're hearing from their peers and who are able to give much more powerful messages than any coach coach could deliver in my opinion.
Speaker 2: And then to finish up here, I thought was important to hear from a player on that regard, and who better than Captain Christian Wilkins on how much players love a coach that allows them to kind of deliver the message there in the big moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's definitely just just that it's players driven. I mean, we're the ones going out there on the field having to compete, and it's just kind of like a last last time, last second, just you know, just us, nobody else, you know, and you know we have that time. You know, guys can say what they want to say, you know, kind of set the mindset, you know, what's on their mind, what's on their heart. So I think that's cool. It's definitely important for me, and I appreciate it and I embraced it and definitely try to lock in when other guys are speaking because it means a lot to me just to kind of hear what my team has got on their heart or on their mind, and just you know, to kind of give you like a little extra you know, before you go out there. It's good to you know, I obviously hear from coach or whoever, but then when it's the players, that's, you know, that's more meaningful.
Speaker 2: All right, Monday's always kind of feel like my game day in terms of like pumping out this content and trying to get to you guys fast. I hope that was achieved today. It's about six o'clock when I finished taping. We're approving ready to roll. So the podcast is coming your way right now before Monday Night Football, and it'll carry you all the way to the Wednesday night podcast, the preview of Dolphins at Bills. Cannot wait to get into that one. That's a ways off though you all enjoy the podcast, enjoy some content on Twitter as well as the three Takeaways on Miami Dolphins dot com. Also, please be sure subscribe, rate, review, follow on social All that stuff. Check out my guys in the fish Tank, the YouTube channel for media Availabilities Dolphins a Day and so much more content up there to try to stretch the time here to get my music going. And of course, last but not least, like I mentioned, three takeaways on Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Fin's up Carolina Cameraan Yeatty
Speaker 3: Seeks