Speaker 1: First Day to follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesload dot com.
Speaker 2: Ava is on the phone today for our first date follow up, and she went on a date with a guy named Justin, but now she's getting ghosted. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. The first Ava, how long has it been since you heard from Justin?
Speaker 1: Oh, my god, I've been like a couple of weeks, and you know, I've actually been reaching out to him. And the first time I reached out to him, he said, have a good day, and then I never heard anything back from him.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you reached out to him again after that, have a good day?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, it feels like really weird to keep reaching out to this guy, especially if his only response is have a good day.
Speaker 4: I'm worried.
Speaker 1: It's like making me feel really desperate. But at the same time, I really thought we had something. I thought we really connected, and I don't know, I guess just at like one point during our date, I was talking about my job, and you know how thankful I was to have my job and I accidentally call my boss attracted, and I'm wondering if maybe that was like a red flag for him. But I didn't mean it in that way, and if that's how we took it, I'm I'm honestly very mortified with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that sounds a little bit juicy. Can we go backwards though, and talk about how we got to that point, like how was your date other than that? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, so obviously I had a great time, and you know, I was just thinking the whole time, like basically we started out at happy hour, which a lot of my friends said that wasn't a correct way to go, but you know, I just had a good feeling about him. And you know, the funny thing is is he's got a great sense of humor. He's athletic. Like we played tickleball and it was like I'd never played before, so it was really fun to have him kind of teaching me the ropes.
Speaker 5: Then I was like, yeah, well, basically we played pick a ball and then went to happy Hours, so fell like yeah.
Speaker 4: But you know the thing is, after a.
Speaker 1: While, I was that that was all that there was with us, just like kind of going to a bar and hanging out because you know, we did some shots and we danced.
Speaker 4: He showed me how to play darts. You know, we shared a.
Speaker 1: Bowl of peanuts, and eventually we did go back to his place, where things got a little you know, heated, and I haven't been with anyone in a really long time, so I'm worried.
Speaker 4: I also may have just bespread with signals.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess I'm.
Speaker 1: Just worried that, you know, going back to his place after kind of a first date maybe gave him an idea of that that's really all I was looking for, and I kind of thought I was putting it out there that I was looking.
Speaker 4: For a little bit more.
Speaker 1: So, Yeah, maybe going to his place afterwards was not the best example for me to, you know, try to make it work with a guy like this. And maybe that's why he's ghosting me. Is if I'm coming on too strong and he's under the impression that all I wanted was a quick hookup. I don't know, It's just I just feel so uncomfortable. I really want to go back and spend some time with him. I felt like we had a really good time, but now I feel af for just trying to check in with him.
Speaker 3: At what point in all of that did it come out that you thought your boss was hot?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Basically, I was connected to my boss in such a way I live with him. Okay, I'm a nanny, so I actually live with my How they actually kind of like hooked us up and you know, told us that we should meet up. And you know, my boss even told Justin that, like, I was a really cool person to spend time with and that I was a lot of fun. Yeah, I think he even told I think he even told Justin that I was really cute. So again, I'm worried that was like another.
Speaker 4: Red Flager Justine for Justin. So I do think maybe the fact that I may have.
Speaker 1: Accidentally just that I thought he was cute, you know, after we were talking about how we were hooked up by him, that that was uh, you know, definitely something that may aim uncomfortable. And you know what the thing is is, as soon as I said that out loud, I realized it was totally the wrong thing to say, and I tried to kind of like backtrack a little bit, but I think that made him even more uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we'll see. We have to figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, play a song, come back, and then call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, all right, thank you, do your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of today's first date follow up, if you're just joining us, Ava is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by Justin. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Ava, why do you catch everybody up in your situation?
Speaker 1: So basically, I'm a nanny, which means I live with my employer, and my employer actually kind of set me up with this guy, Justin, who's like really fun and kind of amazing, and I thought our first date went really well. You know, we played some sports, we went to a bar. He actually showed me how the stars really intimate. And I may have accidentally while we were talking about my boss to set us up, I may have actually said.
Speaker 4: That I thought my boss was really hot.
Speaker 1: And yeah, then after that he stopped reaching out to me, and I actually made the effort to reach out to him, and all he says to me would have a good day.
Speaker 4: And I've never heard anything after that.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you ready for us to call him? Yes? Please, here we go. Hello, Hi, I speak to Justin. Please?
Speaker 6: This is Justin.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Justin? How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbele and I host a radio show. It's called The Jewel Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Justin, the show's here too. My name's Nina, Hi, and I'm Victoria. How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 6: Good? What do you guys? What do you guys need?
Speaker 2: We got an email about you from somebody, and so we need to call you.
Speaker 3: Okay. We do a segment on our show. It's called the First Aid follow Up.
Speaker 2: What that is if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can have us email you and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, it's some interesting Do I know this person?
Speaker 3: I'm assuming Yeah, you went out.
Speaker 2: On a date with them and now you're not talking to them. Do you have any idea that would be?
Speaker 6: My goodness?
Speaker 3: Uh Ava, maybe yes it is.
Speaker 2: Again emailed us told us about your date and is wondering why you're not calling her back.
Speaker 6: I mean, she was awesome. We had an incredible time, but you know, just a couple of red flags are starting to pop up.
Speaker 3: Like we went out on a date.
Speaker 6: I took her to play some pickle ball and then we went to a bar afterwards. And when we got to the bar, I mean, I don't know if she maybe doesn't go out a whole lot or you know, she you know, was just blowing off some steam. But I mean she was like really crazy. I mean I'm talking like, you know, shot after shot and dancing with almost everybody in the bar and grinding like even like kind of grinding when the bartender was kind of like walking by, bringing like some glasses by, like almost kind of like grinding against him, and just super flirtatious. Don't get me wrong, she was cool with me the whole time too. It wasn't like she was blowing me off, but it was seemed like she hadn't been out in like years or something. It was just a weird vibe and it was just like super you know, I don't know her that well, and so it just it was kind of shocking, you know, because you know, as the day progressed, especially as the drinks kept flowing. She kept getting a little more crazier and crazier, and we had a blast. I mean when we went back, we went back to my place afterwards, and uh, you know, you know, everything was great, and it was, but it was just I was like, man, this is like this on our first time out. You know, what's it going to be like? You know, what was going out for a few months, So just I just got, like I said, red flags were just popping up a little bit, and so just kind of coming a little concerned.
Speaker 3: So she was that wasted, huh.
Speaker 6: I mean, she wasn't like falling over like drunk, but I mean she was definitely pretty boisterous and like I said, super flirtatious, and you know that may be her personality. And again she was super cool. If it wasn't like she was ignoring me or something, but she definitely wasn't ignoring anybody in the whole place that night.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for telling us, man, I appreciate it. Also all that you know that Ava is actually on the phone and has been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh my Goshny justin Ava here.
Speaker 6: Hey, Hey, Well what's up?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: You know, honestly, I'm really embarrassed by this whole situation, and I am I'm actually extremely sorry. I guess I just didn't realize I was coming across that way.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I love having a good time, and I love getting crazy and blown off steam because we all need to do that. But it was I mean, you were like, you know, grinding up against the bartender. Were like, I felt like you were florting with everybody in the place that night, and uh, you know, I was just kind of it was kind of shocking to see from from my point of view, you know, are.
Speaker 1: You I was grinding on the bar center Like, I don't even remember that, honestly.
Speaker 6: You know, you remember the dance floor.
Speaker 3: It was back by where they get the new glasses.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the dance floor, Oh oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: That night.
Speaker 6: You sure remember the dance floors. But it that way, as said about everybody else in the place that was dancing with you that night, because you pretty much danced with anybody that was down to dance with you that night.
Speaker 3: You were you were ready.
Speaker 1: I don't remember any of that, and honestly, I guess I don't even really remember how much I drank that night.
Speaker 6: Is this like a normal like when you go out? I mean, do you get that hammered like every single time you go out?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Just then?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I haven't really been out like that so long, and I must have just not even realized I was really tense up and just kind of went crazy and oh my god, I can't believe you actually remember me grinding up on just the bartender and doing shots like on and off.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm really normally not like that.
Speaker 1: Justin I may have just been like really nervous again, like it's just been so long since I've been out, and.
Speaker 4: I'm you know, even dated that. I definitely was neru that night. I guess maybe I just tried to compensate, you know, by.
Speaker 1: You know, having a little to drink and maybe letting loose and you know, reflecting back on that, that was probably not best vers of action for me.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, don't get me wrong, I had a great time too, you know, And my whole thing was, I was just worried, like, you know, the next time I go out or we go to another club where we go to a friend's party, I mean, is it like every time I bring when there's alcohol around, Is this going to be like.
Speaker 3: A big issue?
Speaker 6: And I just, you know, that's the kind of thing I'll worry about, you know, moving forward, if we you know, if we end up, you know, continuing this relationship, all right.
Speaker 1: I actually really understand exactly where you're coming from. But I just, in full honesty, that's not the behavior that I do all the time. I am a better person than that. I hold myself to a higher standard. So it's just like, I really guess, just thinking back on that night, I don't even recognize myself and more importantly, I don't recognize or remember half the things I did.
Speaker 2: Well justin would you like to go on another day with Ava? Then we'll pay for it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I had such a great time, and I really do like you a lot. And again, I just just trying to look, you know, a few months down the line, if we start, especially when I start bringing around family and posive I'm friends and possibly even family. And you know, if you said this is kind of a one off type incident, I mean, I'll take your word for it, And I mean I don't think i'd be down to God again, if you're if you're into.
Speaker 1: It, I mean I would really love to, you know, have a second date, and more importantly, I cannot wait to party and grind up against your mom.
Speaker 3: Juble's first day follow up