Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one Dan and the Dan. It's Dan Patrick Show. Come on in stay a while on this Tuesday. Gang's all here. The Ambassador of humor. Fritzy says he's not a minister. He'd like to be the ambassador of humor. Okay, I work for you. Yeah, I'm fine with it. Now, just provide the humor. I gave you the ambassador, the whole story, all right. Seaton's here, Marv Paul ears truly the backroom guys as well. Operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls today eight seven seven three DP Show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Good morning, those watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app, and those listening on our radio affiliates around the country. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show, and this first hour brought to you by Keeper's Heart. New unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey. It was just name the best Irish whiskey in the world. If you're a whiskey fan, try it and drink responsibly. Play the day pole question, stat of the Day all of that. Forthcoming Hall of Famer Steve Young will join us a little bit later on. The actor and Philadelphia Eagle fan Kevin Bacon a little bit later on as well. One hundred and twenty six million people in the United States watch the Super Bowl. That is a new Super Bowl viewing record. And I'm wondering about this. You know, there was going to be Chiefs fatigue. No, nobody wants to have the Chiefs back in the Super Bowl. I don't know how many people watch because they wanted to watch the Chiefs lose. But they do have star power. You do have star power with your quarterback, with your tight end. You have a great coach and Andy Reid. You have the Taylor Swift factor, although I think they only showed her once or twice on TV. The over under was five and a half and they cut back greatly on that. But maybe you tuned in to watch them lose. Maybe people stayed tuned in because they wanted to see just how bad they would lose. It's hard for me to believe that. People go, boy, I'm rooting for the Eagles. Just outside of Philadelphia. I don't see that happening, but I do see America going, Okay, let me just tune in to see it. Oh they're losing. Oh they're down seventeen. This is awesome. And then all of a sudden, the misery starts to set in and the Eagles, Oh, by the way, that might be one of those where we remember the Chiefs losing maybe more than we do the Eagles winning, because it was about a three peat. It's about Mahomes. He's going to be the goat, Andy Reid, he's approaching Bill Belichick. Does Kelsey get engaged right after the gate? You know, there was so much involved in it that Oh, by the way, that Eagles defense was great, and you could put them in, you know, the conversation, and it's a small group of best defensive per performances in Super Bowl history. If I'm the Chiefs or I'm the Eagles. When I get my Super Bowl ring, I think I put the score forty to six. I think they got some oh, by the way, touchdowns, that doesn't really count. We beat them forty to six. It's Okay, yeah, it's your ring. Be snarky there a little bit, as Philadelphia fans have been known to be, but instead of putting the score of forty to twenty two, which it doesn't feel that way. But you know what, speaking of the Super Bowl's, let's go back and look at super Bowl since two thousand. How many of these do we really remember? And why do we remember them? Two thousand Saint Louis, the then Saint Louis Rams beat Tennessee, and we remember that because that was the Mike Jones play down at the one yard line. Ooh right, the gravandis yeah. Yeah. Two thousand and one, Baltimore in one of the great defensive performance blew out the Giants. I don't know if anybody remembers anything from that other than the Giants in the Super Bowl, and they weren't any good certainly that day, New England against Saint Louis two thousand and two. I don't know what you remember from the game other than that was Tom Brady's coming out party, and that's when John Madden famously said, hey, they should be playing for overtime. And that's when we saw Tom Brady. He was born right there in front of us. They were going for the game winning field goal, which they got. Two thousand and three, Tampa Bay with John Gruden beat John Gruden's Oakland Raiders forty eight to twenty one. And that's when the Raiders said, well, Gruden knew all of our plays that maybe they didn't change things up their audibles and they played like they knew what Oakland was going to do in that game.
Speaker 3: Yes, PAULI was that the Dexter Jackson game defensive back. Yeah, and then he signed a big contract.
Speaker 2: Yepkay. Couple interceptions there.
Speaker 3: It's like you can remember one or two things from every.
Speaker 2: Game that but that had Jerry Rice in that game. Rich Gannon I think was MVP two thousand and four New England against Carolina. Do you remember that for the halftime show? Wasn't that Janet Jackson? Miss Jackson if you're nasty? So that was New England over Carolina thirty two to twenty nine. Adam Vini Terry with another game winning kick. The quarterback for Carolina was Paul Jake del Holme, Hey, Dell Homie. Okay, New England over Philadelphia in Jacksonville. What do you remember about that now? I know what I remember, and I actually had to have security with me when I was doing Sports Center because I asked, who was it, Fred the wide receiver for Mitchell fred X, And I said, he was talking about the defensive backs for the Patriots and I said he was talking their numbers. I said, do you know their names? And he didn't know their names? And that was a really good second Dary for you know, ty law Rodney Harrison, probably Lawyer Maloy in there. And I remember that when that came out, and that was a big deal during Super Bowl Week, and I remember whenever Philly fans who were not pleased with me because all I did was say, do you know who those players are? And Fred didn't know their names? So I remember that twenty four to twenty one. I think Rodney Harrison had an interception at the end of that game. Pittsburgh against Seattle two thousand and six. What do you remember, Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Holmgren, Willie Parker, Willie Parker, Okay, yeah, I didn't remember that. Hassel Beck, Matt hassel Beck. Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 4: There was a kind of a big deal that Bettis was winning in his hometown of Detroit. Not so much something in the game, but just on the outskirts of it. That was kind of a homecoming to win it.
Speaker 2: There was cool for Jodhap Indianapolis over Chicago twenty nine to seventeen. Yes, Paul, that was.
Speaker 3: A no show super Bowl by the Bears. But Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff for some false.
Speaker 2: Hope and Tony Dungee swore that he was not going to kick to Devon Hester. At the last minute, decide to kick to Devin Hester and he ran it back. The Giants over New England two thousand and eight, that was when they were going to be undefeated, and the Giants beat them seventeen fourteen. Pittsburgh over Arizona twenty seven twenty three. That was That's one of the great Super Bowls I've ever witnessed, whether I'm watching on TV or in person. Happened to be there. But so many big plays, so many big moments. It was just wonderful. James Harrison at the end of the first half. Ben at the end of the game, Larry Fitzgerald, we thought he was going to get the game winning touchdown. The Arizona Cardinals, We're gonna win the Super Bowl New Orleans over Indianapolis. I'm gonna say, onside kick second half, Sean Payton, probably the last on side kick in Super Bowl history. Green Bay over Pittsburgh in twenty eleven, thirty one, twenty five Desmond Oh no, not Desmond Howard.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, I thought me personally that was gonna That was the start of the next dynasty with Green Bay young Aaron Rodgers Air Rodgers maybe twenty five at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what do you remember from that game?
Speaker 5: I'm blinking yeah, yeah, twenty twelve Giants over New England twenty one seventeen.
Speaker 2: What do you remember from that one, Marvin.
Speaker 5: The Manningham catch, Yeah, the most perfectest throw ever, perfectest.
Speaker 2: I don't think Eli Gett it's enough credit for that throw because when you say, oh, Eli manning oh the helmet catch, well, that's about the catch. The throw was pretty great too. That throw is one of the greatest clutch throws in NFL history, and I don't think it gets enough attention there. But Manningham down the sidelines and it was perfectly placed. Baltimore thirty four, San Francisco thirty one. That was twenty thirteen. That was when the power outage, The lights went out and it was Harball versus Harball, Seattle over Denver forty three to eight.
Speaker 4: Hey Todd, first player of the game of bull snacked over Manning's head.
Speaker 6: It just is not a good sign.
Speaker 2: Wow, that one was rough?
Speaker 6: Is that Percy Harvin returned one?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't remember that. I just know that the legion of Boone was boom was unbelievable. Peyton didn't have a chance. Yes, is that the.
Speaker 6: Episode earliest you can get a bad feeling about him? Team super Bowl?
Speaker 4: On the very first play for the boy to get snapped over your head into the end zone.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I guess, except for didn't Aaron Rodgers come out pregame with the flag upside down? Like they screwed up that? Like that's a bad sign when you go, uh, I think they screwed up him bringing out the American flag. Let's see Denver over Carolina?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: That was von Miller von Miller's stripsack New England over at Yeah at thirty four twenty eight. We know we all remember that one. I don't know where that rank's most memorable. But if you say, hey, New England against Atlanta twenty eight to three comes out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, that game comes on NFL Network sometimes and I'll stop what I'm doing. I hate to do this the Falcons, but the Falcons had the ball with five minutes to go in the third quarter, and it's bone dry, the crowds dry, the announcers are dry, and the game feels like it's being played out, and then they didn't get the first down and then it was like a swarm of bees attacked their team.
Speaker 2: Do you had Philadelphia in twenty eighteen. That's Nick Foles beating New England. New England didn't punt, but that was back and forth. That was a lot of fun. Brady threw for five hundred yards and lost Brandon Graham at the end of the game with the sack. But Philadelphia the Philly Special. This is one of the worst ones ever. Twenty nineteen, New England thirteen the Rams three. Terrible. I don't remember anything from that game. Now, Marvin, you might remind me of something there. And here's another thing out of all of these games that I'm mentioning, how many times do you remember what the quarterback did in that game? Because we're going to remember Patrick Mahomes his quarterback rating was ten in the first half against Tampa Bay. He got roughed up too, but in fairness to him, how many I don't know what Tom Brady did in that game thirteen to three against the Rams.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul Brady had two sixty two, no touchdowns and a pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Generic, they had to give.
Speaker 3: The MVP to someone, and they gave it to Edelman for his twelve catches.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty Kansas City over San Francisco thirty one to twenty twenty twenty one, Tampa Bay thirty one Kansas City nine. I just remember that defense was awesome in that game. Twenty twenty two. It was the Rams in Cincinnati and it was Aaron Donald with the sack. Odell Beckham Junior the third looked like he was on his way to being the MVP. Got hurt. Twenty twenty three Kansas City over Philadelphia thirty eight thirty five. What do you remember from that thirty eight thirty five.
Speaker 5: Marvin one of the better performances in a losing effort. Jalen Hurts a probably the best player in that game.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts. If I look at his performances in the two Super Bowls. I mean, you're hard pressed to come up with two better performances by one quarterback. Kansas City in twenty twenty four beat San Francisco twenty five twenty two, and that was Mahomes the last drive with the touchdown past two Marvin Hardman, Yeah, blop bloop. And then you had Philadelphia against Kansas City forty to twenty two. What will we remember from this game? I'll let you guys think about that. We'll take a break. We'll come up with a poll question here. But a lot of times we get so caught up, we're ready for the super Bowl. We talk about the super Bowl, the Super Bowl ends, and then we forget. Sometimes I'll go who was in the Super Bowl last year? It's just like it just goes by so quickly there. But we'll get phone calls coming up. We'll have the hour one poll question. Steve Young will join us in an hour from now. We're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together, we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right. So check us out.
Speaker 9: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kovin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Play of the Day coming up will settle on a poll question. We will get to your phone calls. I saw where Luka don Shik's debut was described as dazzling. It was not dazzling. If he was playing in Dallas and he was still on the mams, would they have described the game as dazzling And the answer is no, It's okay to just say he had an okay night. You know, it's fun to see him play hit a three and then missed his next six. But he didn't have a dazzling night. He just had a night. There was nothing special about it. He just came off an injury. I wasn't expecting much, but you know, he had a nice night. They ended up beating Utah, but a dazzling night. I think that's misrepresenting his perform If that's the case, I had a couple dazzling nights in my career, Like, all right, that's not bad. I missed six consecutive three pointers. Yes, PAULI.
Speaker 3: There was a surrealness to watching him walk out in the Laker jersey because you're like, I guess everyone does end up there, Anthony Davis and Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant. It reminded me of the Yankees and the nineties and two thousands, every pitcher Kevin Brown is going to be a Yankee eventually.
Speaker 2: Yes, now there're gonna be a Dodger. Yes, Seaton.
Speaker 10: It was just as surreal to see Dirk Nowitzki there, yeah, watching him. Yeah, as if that didn't like cement that.
Speaker 6: Like, man, the match really screwed this up.
Speaker 2: And the fact that Anthony Davis is out for a couple of weeks now with another injury, it just compounds, you know, the magnitude of that trade. Now, if Anthony Davis is healthy, why we start every conversation about Anthony Davis went healthy? How many times do we do that? What other player do we do that? You don't win healthy, Kawhi Leonard, that's it. Hey went healthy, yes, but never healthy. And Anthony Davis, if healthy, makes them a dangerous team. But he's not healthy, Therefore they're not a dangerous team. The Luca possibility, that's fun. You know, I'm interested to see sort of the shift in power with it was Lebron's team ish to now it's Luca's team ish, and to see how Lebron sort of adapts to that. There are reports that they are you know, conferring with Luca about trade possibilities. That Luca wanted to have Mark Williams from Charlotte. He wanted to have a big guy so he could have Alley. Oops, that trade has been rescinded. But did that awkward? So he failed a physical with the Lakers. But then so then he goes back and then Dalton Connect has to go back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Can you get a second opinion on a physical?
Speaker 2: I don't know how that works because Charlotte's saying that there's something up with the medical staff with the Lakers, that they failed him on this physical test. But if you're Dalton Connect, that's got to be weird to come back. Yeah, you still have your locker there. Plus he would have played a lot in Charlotte. That would have been a great situation for him.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, and this isn't the first time this has happened to the Lakers. Remember the Chris Paul Tran I think pau Gasoon and Lamar Odom, either one or the both of them were supposed to go to New Orleans and then they got vetoed. Hey Lamar Hey, welcome back back, come back, Hey Pyle.
Speaker 2: Where have you been? All right, was this Super Bowl memorable? And if so, why was it memorable? Marvin? I'll start with you.
Speaker 5: It was memorable, and that's because of the spanking that happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the domination is what's going to stand out. Yes, Okay, Todd memorable.
Speaker 4: Because seeing Patrick Mahomes flustered and not being able to figure out a way to get through the Eagles and do what he normally does was a shocking to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we've seen that before against Tampa Bay. Same thing. You saw him with an average offensive line and he had an average performance, Paul. Memorable super Bowl? And if so, why.
Speaker 3: More so the Chief side coming close to history and you may never get it again for a three peet like the nineteen and oh Patriots coming close to history. That was the story the next day, more than the Giant's winning.
Speaker 2: SEEQ went about you memorable super Bowl?
Speaker 10: And if so why, I don't know if it is that memorable from the Chief's standpoint. I think what Patrick Mahomes does next year will determine how memorable this year is. In a way, I don't know if this one stands the test of time. It's like I remember exactly where I was when that game happened. I don't know that that's going to be the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess my original thought was I'll remember because Jalen Hurts was once again the better quarterback in a Super Bowl matchup with Patrick Mahomes. He played better. Yeah, you go back to the first Super Bowl when he had the fumble, But other than that, he played unbelievable. And it's strange that he seems to be big in big games, but the regular season it just doesn't seem like they let him. As he said, you know, take off the straight jacket there. But we'll get to your phone calls coming up. Pole question for hour one is going to be watch Seaton. Yeah, we got one here from Paul. It's off this topic.
Speaker 10: The Chiefs Eagles Super Bowl was memorable for the Eagles defensive dominance, the Chiefs no show or the three peat.
Speaker 2: Not happening or it wasn't memorable. I'm going to say the three peat. I would say that probably is what will resonate with us ten or fifteen years from now. We'll probably talk about that now depends on what happens with Mahomes. Is he going to have a ten year stretch where he doesn't go to a Super Bowl or win a Super Bowl. Rady didn't win a super Bowl. He went to a couple of them. But that's like that in his stats in that ten year window or Hall of Fame like so, he had Hall of Fame. He's had three Hall of Fame careers. Patrick Mahomes has one Hall of Fame career right now. Now we'll see what he does over the next ten years. How long does Andy Reid coach Kelsey? How long is he going to hold on? They've been unbelievable at the plug and play. This is what the Patriots did. They mastered it. Kansas City's trying to emulate that. But to be able to do that over a ten fifteen year period that will be really, really, really difficult. But their front office has been great. They have done well drafting at the bottom part of the first round and you still have Mahomes there. But I think they're going to need it's the offensive line again. After they got blown out by Tampa and the Super Bowl, they had to reinforce that offensive line. But with injuries, you got guys playing out of position, and it showed that Eagles defensive line was awesome and there was only one household name, and even then you might not consider Jalen Carter a household name. You should in NFL circles. But even that defense, now Cooper de Jene, Okay, there's a novelty a white defensive back. And then I'll think he was defensive player of the Year in Iowa and Josh Sweat Bond. Bond there were a lot of people who liked him for Defensive Player of the Year. So you have this defense where you're like, I don't know, and then all of a sudden you watch them as a unit. So it's not the individuals as much as it was just the unit there that played unbelievable played great. But I don't know if you know. It's not like the Steele Curtain or the Ravens when you know they had Ray Lewis. But Jalen Carter, the way he plays, how he plays, you know, that's that's the second coming of a larger Aaron Donald and boys. That bad news for everybody else. I love pressure up the middle when you see the defensive guys who pushed the quarterback up and then you gotta go one way or the other. You know you can have a guy on the edge. But then they can sort of, you know, fend you off when the defensive players coming right at you and you're the quarterback. That makes you think a whole lot more than that guy coming off the side because you can step up in the pocket when you got the guy who comes up the middle. Because I never looked at Aaron Donald's sack totals or even Jalen Carter, he didn't have a sack, I don't think doesn't matter. He took two guys every single play great. You know, it was like Hellodi Nada, like those guys who were just there and you got to deal with him and Jalen Carter he was wonderful. In fact, at one point during the regular season, I said he might be their most valuable player, which sounds crazy with what Saquon did and then Jalen hurts as well. But when you have that guy and nobody else has a guy like that, I don't think if there's any other team that has a guy like Jalen Carter. His age, that ability able to disrupt got him on a rookie contract. Man going to be formidable. Let's see here, uh Luke and Charlotte hi Luke what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey Dan, Well, I had a rough, rough betting day on Sunday for one by my little two pick parlay Jalen Hurts first touchdown, which was a bit of a roller coaster which we ended up getting. I just thought, oh now, I just got to wait the entire day for Travis Kelsey to score and it didn't happen. But then also Travis Kelcey did not score off the field. So I'm here or to humbly ask Marvin what flavor pie I need to take?
Speaker 2: All right? Marvin had a bet with Luke and Charlotte what flavor pie?
Speaker 6: Just stick with the classics. We'll just go blueberry.
Speaker 2: Blueberry pie, and then you'll send us the video.
Speaker 11: Luke, yep, I got Tyler's email and I'll send it in this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you? All right, we look forward to that. I think there's a couple of vets to be paid off here. Marvin euroed a pie to the face. I am, okay, when would you like said pie to the face.
Speaker 5: When it's warm? Because if you think I'm going outside.
Speaker 2: You want the pie warm or you want the weather warm. Doug in North Carolina, Good morning, Doug, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Well, then yesterday you guys asked the question who had the worst weekend? And you you nominated Nick Wright Mahomes and I think Taylor Swift. I think there's somebody you guys are forgetting about, and that's pat Riley, who I didn't know this until this year, but I guess in the eighties he copy wrote the phrase three peete and he had a deal on the table with the chiefs. Yeah, that would have given him a percentage of any merchandise sold. He lost millions upon millions of Douglas yesterday and he wasn't even at the game. I think he has to be in consideration.
Speaker 2: But he also was able to trade away Jimmy Butler, So I'm going to guess that maybe it even down for pat Riley finally got rid of Jimmy Buckets. Bryant in Virginia, Hi Bryant, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 13: DP, Good to be back on. I actually come to you today with another title for Fritzy the Concierge of Comedy, because you come to him with so many different subjects, impressions, even parody songs. I'm hoping next month we play one dining moment again, and Fritzy provides assistance for the show with all these areas of comedy and does a great job.
Speaker 2: Okay, the concierge of comedy.
Speaker 6: I kind of like that, Thanks Brian, all right.
Speaker 2: Once again, don't be afraid to come up with the comedy part of that.
Speaker 6: I just collected the titles.
Speaker 2: I know your business card, you know, the ambassador.
Speaker 6: Of humor observational comments not humor.
Speaker 2: Yes, observational humor optional.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: Did we get the stat of the day song from Pandora? Okay, let me give you a stat of the day first, and then Pandora sent in a stat of the day's song. Now, we don't want you to take the stat of the day that we got from like Will Ferrell or some of these other you know, Darius record. You got to come up with your own version.
Speaker 10: Yes, who is Pandora? And why is this? Why are we playing her song?
Speaker 2: Because she wanted to send in a stat of the day song. Pandora lives in Vegas. I think her husband called in and said, my wife has a stat of the day song. Let me give you a stat of the day.
Speaker 3: If your name's Pandora, you're destiny live in Vegas. I mean it's inevitable to the main stage. Twelve players open that box.
Speaker 2: Twelve players had thirty or more points on Monday. So far this season, one and nineteen different players have had at least one thirty point game stata the.
Speaker 15: J start of the JA. We love your stata, the day stat of the j stanata.
Speaker 12: The j oh damn.
Speaker 15: Give us that stat of the day, stat of the day. We love that's stand stead of the day.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, Pandora, Thank you, Todd. Would you think of Pandora's stat of the day. But that was very good out there, all right, Seatan, how about you? Oh? I think that she. I think there's something there. Maybe tried too hard.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to fill in the blank. Pandora satur the day was suggestive.
Speaker 3: Okay, It's like if Melissa Ethridge had strep throat. Hmmm, So there's something there, but it felt like it was clogged up a little. Okay, yeah, clagged up like her.
Speaker 6: Doesn't sound very complementary. It doesn't song with strep throat.
Speaker 2: Suggestive? Is that what you said, Marvin I did?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, he's kind of got there.
Speaker 2: No, I walked it about it and stout, so then they take an I can't really what's going.
Speaker 3: On or non blonde no.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and I see yea yeah.
Speaker 2: Tom in North Carolina, thank you, Pandora, Thank you Tom in North Carolina, morning DP. Hey Tom. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 16: I was looking back through the podcast of the last week's interviews, and I remember hearing you say you were asking a question. You asked a couple of different people, and I was wondering where the premise was and the wording that you asked a couple of people. I know you asked Mike Golick, and I always answer you asked the team more likely to blow out the other team? Were you foreseeing a blowout? Where was the premise of that question? Where did it come from?
Speaker 2: Well? I knew the Chiefs were favored and if it was going to be a close game, like then the Chiefs were going to be the favorites for a close game. But the reason why I brought up and I probably asked this every year, like if there's a blowout, who's it going to be? I didn't have a premonition as much as I thought what happens in the super Bowl or in big games, championship games like when it starts to go bad, then you get desperate, and then all of a sudden, it gets even worse. And it felt like the potential was there that it could get worse For the Chiefs. I thought they were going to win because of Patrick Mahomes, but the Eagles were a better team. And I said, but the best team doesn't always win, So I'm banking on the best quarterback and best coach. But I think Andy Reid got out coached and Patrick Mahomes got outplayed. But the Eagles were a better team and they had more weapons. Like this wasn't a flukey win. We're not going to look back and go boy, they benefited like there was no controversy, like maybe one or two plays were like that's past interference. Oh they're getting all the call. I haven't heard anybody say all the calls the Chiefs got on Sunday because there is no conspiracy theory, there is none. That's silly. So they wanted them to get to the super Bowl, but then they wanted them to lose. I guess is that the story line the NFL wanted. All right, all right, let me take a break. We've got our play of the day coming out. Yeah, see the ratings worked, they did, they did. They got the chiefs in there everybody, But why not show Taylor Swift a little bit more than just one time? One time over under was five and a half. I got cheated.
Speaker 10: I think the refs throw flags to then see Taylor Swiss reaction for TV. Hmm, that's what I think. The conspiracy theory is.
Speaker 2: Did they go to her when the crowd and the Eagles fans were booing her? I think that was pregame? Oh was it? Because I think she looked around like they're booing me.
Speaker 10: To be fair, they also Eagles fans also bowed John Hamm.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So if they kind of bowed anybody that was non.
Speaker 10: Eagles related, Eagles fans booed.
Speaker 2: Paulie said to me, who's hotter John Ham or Taylor Swift? Air question? And I come on, you mean it's slam Doc Hamm. It is, of course it is is John hen more handsome, right, But Bradley Cooper versus John Hamm versus Taylor Swift, that's close. I'm going Bradley Cooper. Yeah, he's got different looks about him. John Ham has a John Ham plays John ham Bradley Cooper has has some range there. Let me take a break here the hot guy draft oh a couple of years play the Day's up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Wap oh, my God.
Speaker 2: Of the Day. This is the play of the Day. Check this out survey and find.
Speaker 6: Don Chic because he's got to get his sea legs mat.
Speaker 2: He has not played since Christmas.
Speaker 6: We'll go welcook to the Lakers love. The crowd got you what they wanted to see early.
Speaker 13: I guess they were standing when he caught it.
Speaker 6: Maybe they can sit down now.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of Spectrum Sportsnet. That was the highlight for Luca step back three. His first basket is a Laker fourteen five and four assists in twenty four minutes of work and his first action since suffering that cap strain on Christmas. So seven players in double figures. They led by as many as thirty four. I don't think it was a dazzling debut. It was a debut. Play of the Day brought to you by Tirect Official Tire Expert at the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tirack dot com slash dand tried the Tire Decision Guide. See the full lineup of Bridgestone tires special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation tire rack dot Com. The way tire buying should be a couple more phone calls early poll results if you can Seaton, Uh yeah, let's see right now, the Chiefs Eagles.
Speaker 10: Super Bowl was memorable for the Eagles defensive dominance, the Chiefs no showing and not getting the three peede, or it wasn't memorable at all? Right now, fifty seven percent are saying that it wasn't memorable.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, Uh Pat in Iowa, Hi, Pat, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Six?
Speaker 8: Uh that's stat of the day. Hook you guys. It's terrible. Wow, it's terrible. I felt it was uncomfortable. Well I bout muted my radio.
Speaker 11: It was terrible.
Speaker 8: We can do we can do better, right, we just delete that all together.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I'm gonna let Mike.
Speaker 13: Day.
Speaker 15: We love your.
Speaker 10: Okay, Yeah, a little bit of a Madeline con quality to take myself a little bit. Yeah, the little Madeline conn Yeah, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 2: About that pen. But yeah, you know, if other people want to give their take on Satura the Day, I'm open to that. We're open for business. You know, this is your radio show, this is your TV show, and you can be part of this program if you like the people show. Yes, it is absolutely Uh. David in Ohio, Hi, David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Damn, I actually like the song. I think you guys really opened Pandora's box with that song.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, anyway, I'm calling, yeah, thank you. I'm calling to see when Dylan is going to be taking the pie to the pace for the I'm over under five and a half Taylor Swift. Taylor showed her one time, and I just want to know when that was going to take place.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll check, Uh, I'll check with Dylan our Gambling Guy, Gambling podcast. So Marvin has to take a pie and Dylan has to take a pie. So we'll probably try to sync those up one of these days. Is that all right, Marv?
Speaker 6: I'm good with that.
Speaker 2: All right? Maybe Thursday.
Speaker 6: Of this week again, oh, oh, Thursday and may ye.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, all right, we can stretch this out if you want warmer weather, to go outside, get the pie to the face.
Speaker 5: As long as it's not from Mario. Mario Okay, he won't do Barros broke my nose. Do you want to pick who's going to hit you in the face with a pine anybody but Mario?
Speaker 2: Okay? Andrew and Washington, Hi Andrew, welcome back.
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning, Dan and Dan ed Thanks for taking my call. I'm going to remember this Super Bowl just for opening up my phone. I was at work and seeing twenty four to nothing going. There's only one twenty eight to three. That's not going to happen again. I think Luca's debut was on par, you know, not having played since Christmas, coming back from an injury, just getting back into the rotation, having a whole new offense around him, new players. He had a court the long court passed o'lebron. He had a couple of alley ups of Jackson Hayes, he made a step back three.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 14: He had all of his repertoire. They're just not in the amount that we usually see. I do have a stat of the day, real quick on the Lakers and how well they've been playing. The Lakers have won six straight games by scoring one hundred and twenty or more points. That's the longest streak of winning six straight with one hundred and twenty points since well the Showtime Lakers in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day, stat of the Day, That Boss stat of the day.
Speaker 8: Stat of the.
Speaker 6: Day here comes that what stat of the day?
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day. Brought to you by Panadi America. Will Ferrell Anchorman. He did text me. He said he was going to the game last night and he said, anything you would like for me to say to Luca? And I said, tell him play defense? And he said anything else. I said, no, that's it. I maybe Will can join us tomorrow to recap Luca's performance. There also the Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary. We could maybe tap into that as well. Uh Zach in la hi Zach. What's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 17: I want to second that say that that satur of the day of science pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Wow, good Hu.
Speaker 8: But I'll get to the point.
Speaker 17: I just wanted to speak about how these NFL teams allow these coordinators to walk out of the building. I'm a diehard Eagles fan traveling back from New Orleans to La and I'm just thinking about how we can't let Kellen Moore walk out.
Speaker 18: Of the building.
Speaker 17: I mean, this is going to be Jalen Hurts six coordinator. And as these owners go through these meetings, you don't think that they've got to figure out a way to keep these coordinators in house. I mean, wouldn't the coordinators want to stay. I mean we see lifers like Fangio and spac Nolo. Those are more defensive to bribe Jim Schwartz too, But wouldn't Kellen have the incentive to stay considering how maybe good this team's built for the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to be a head coach. Not everybody should be, but Kellen wants to be a head coach. Thought he was going to get the opportunity in Dallas, got kicked to the curb, went to the Chargers. Now with Philadelphia, and that's a great jumping off spot. As we said, he's going to New Orleans with the Eagles, but he's staying in New Orleans with the Saints. I get it. And you know, it takes a guy who maybe had his opportunity as a head coach who now realizes that he's a coordinator and then he's going to stay that. Kellen Moore wants to be a head coach. Jake and Buffalo. Hi, Jake, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 18: If we're doing a balancing of the books of pies to the safe letter, do I believe the Minister of Humor has a pie that has gone unfulfilled since the Broncos lost the wild card game?
Speaker 2: Uh? Buffalo, Buffalo Bills. He's calling in from Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, maybe I was put on the spot and I had to take the Broncos knowing that there's a very small place.
Speaker 2: Maybe you did, or you sounds.
Speaker 6: Familiar to me a bit?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? Did you did you feel like you had to take? Okay, you felt pressured by me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The football knowledge and me, which isn't great, said that the Bills would definitely win that game. But I fell back into the wall of like, how could you not pick your Broncos?
Speaker 2: Your a Bronco friend, You're gonna well, you do love your team, don't you.
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But sometimes those are two different things. Sometimes you just know one team is superior.
Speaker 2: So are you getting a pine?
Speaker 4: I'm technically, I guess supposed because I took the Broncos because because I was forceding to whether just a yes or no.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I took the Broncos in the.
Speaker 2: Are you getting a Pine? Yes, so we're gonna have Dylan, you and Marvin on Thursday three piles. Okay, with that done.
Speaker 6: I guess that was the bet. I took the Broncos.
Speaker 2: They lost Steve Young. Hall of Famer Will John is coming up in about twenty minutes from now hour two on the way after this