Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, so up zoom did update. Okay, because we're reversed. Okay, a people on YouTube going to see it reversed. So this is my right hand, but it's going left looking in the video. It's mirror it's mirroring the reflection. Oh, it's not mirroring. It's opposite. If it was mirroring, i'd be over here there where I normally are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they just changed that without telling you. I mean, it's really not something that's like critical. It kind of is.
Speaker 1: How is it going to play back like this? You hear the curreg Yeah, I do. Sorry, I'm making coffee. Okay, welcome to bowl chat. I have my coffee.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: I can't it's odd. I'm just not gonna look there. I'm gonna look at you.
Speaker 2: I mean, how often do you really look at it? I do, well, I.
Speaker 1: Noticed it right away. You need your headphones?
Speaker 2: Okay? Why do I need the headphones? Wow? I don't. What's the question, Like, what's the point. It's just the two of us, like Will Smith, just the dude of us can make it the only.
Speaker 1: Reason, the only reason. And you know this is a little like our net's on a radio secret.
Speaker 2: But it's a thing. Uh huh.
Speaker 1: The reason we have the headphones is because if you play something out of the box, we can't hear it.
Speaker 2: No, no, I get that. I'm saying, why do we record with headphones on? Just told you that? Well, I mean, what are we really playing? It's bull chat? Welcome and now what are we gonna do? Like I understand if we play music? You know what.
Speaker 1: We've been wearing them all the time, and it's a radio thing. I feel like I would feel naked without them. If I didn't have them on it, it would feel weird because and I just hear the room and I don't hear us.
Speaker 2: If that makes sense. I missed great shot. So what's today?
Speaker 1: Today's Wednesday? Yeah, November eighth. I never changed the calendar. No, that's October. I didn't change the calendar, membres unless it's a special day, Wednesday November.
Speaker 2: Ninth. It's November ninth. Okay, that's cool. Thanksgivings in two weeks.
Speaker 1: And Veterans Day is this Friday? Wow, get your flags ready. I always put the flag out on all the patriotic holidays. Nice, you know, July fourth, Flag Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, even Labor Day.
Speaker 2: The elections next week, right or it is this week?
Speaker 1: No, it happened yet it was the eighth. Yeah, what a mess.
Speaker 2: Huh. I tell you good one, Scott. We're pre recording this because by the time I get back from Cuba next week, it'll be too late. And then we didn't want to do a quick turnaround time because that would be mean to you the listeners. I don't want to be morbid.
Speaker 1: But you may not have made it back from Cuba, so this could be your farewell podcast.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be weird? Yeah, you might be in a jail there would you upload it? You're gonna Why would I be in a jail?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe they took you captive. It's not a thing hostage, not in Cuba. Why maybe you were smuggling something.
Speaker 2: You know, Cuba is like a huge European tourist destination. I just the United States. That's like, no JFK, everything shut it down.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure you got caught up in some kind of you know, like what shenanigans.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, love getting into shenanigans. Yeah, smuggling things in or out?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Hello, Andrew bringing back that good Cuban snow. If you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Sure, this is bold Chat. It's the sister podcast to our award winning podcast, Serial Killer, award winning it is what awards did we win?
Speaker 2: Didn't we get a thing? Sure?
Speaker 1: No, even if you were a little that remember the one hundred thousand download thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an award. Okay, we're almost at a million?
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Are we gonna get some kind of blaque?
Speaker 2: I don't think they do that. They stop giving you awards once you hit a million. They're kind of like, you did it. But do they do we get a million? One? Uh? I don't think they give you anything.
Speaker 1: But you get a graphic that you can post. Yeah, that's cool. I think that's a that's an accomplishment.
Speaker 2: It is huge.
Speaker 1: But that's one million downloads since we started the podcast, well since we moved back to Spreaker. Oh so we have a lot more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we probably hit a million, like a couple months ago.
Speaker 1: It just so just explain it in Layman's terms, because you know, I'm an old idiot. Okay, so one million downloads, that doesn't mean a million people. It means you know the same person could have downloaded three hundred episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you're subscribed to it, right, But I don't download them. I just listen to them. Again, you're still listening, so it's like that counts. Yeah, that's not a download, that's a listen. Okay, Well you can go take this up with I'm not taking anything up. I'm just nol. I don't just want to chat, okay with them about it.
Speaker 1: I just want to know the logistics. Yeah, I mean it's good because I'm a logistical engineer.
Speaker 2: Just know it's good.
Speaker 1: How come shipping is called logistics? Have no idea? Okay, logic. I don't know logistics. So I just came back from the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. It's weird like sometimes you'll go and you'll pump the soap from the dispenser, yeah, and brown stuff comes out.
Speaker 2: I've seen that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that that's like rust sitting at.
Speaker 2: The bottom of the hopper and it smells bad too, yes, because it's rust disgusting, and first of all, even when it's clear soap, I don't think that's soap.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is, but it really doesn't sugs and it doesn't smell good, like you take it like a drop of soft soap and you get sudsy. This you could do fifteen spurts and it's like nothing. And plus it was spraying out the side.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited for the new bathroom.
Speaker 1: I'm not at fifty fifth sh I'm not excited at all because there's really only one. I know you say there's a secret one, but it's not close to the studio. So if we have nothing is I know, I mean we like to get there.
Speaker 2: You gotta walk out of the cubicle and or our section, our quadrant.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to leave my house like ten minutes earlier, you know my morning routine. Yeah, and I'm just I'm gonna have to get accustomed to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not fun.
Speaker 1: You're gonna need to leave earlier too, or four.
Speaker 2: Thirty probably, Wow. Yeah, I wake up at four fifteen. Now I leave my house.
Speaker 1: Now, I leave my house now at four fifteen, And you're gonna have to leave at four thirty. And you're much closer than I am.
Speaker 2: So four thirty just to walk out the door, because then if I get to my usual corner, that scary drives in. I need to get there by four fifty ish, so at four to fifteen and four thirty five.
Speaker 1: Ishy, have you ever been propositioned on the corner while you're standing and waiting for your vehicle to come.
Speaker 2: No, because it's a residential area.
Speaker 1: But you know there's people. There's street walkers over there. I'm sure no, there's not Scott. This isn't like I don't know what age that even is.
Speaker 2: Street walker. Yeah, ladies, they're watching me with my backpack on and going, oh, you want to work for us, daddy?
Speaker 1: Come on, Well, I mean once your beard grows fuzzy, you may get approached.
Speaker 2: I mean I have to shave it this weekend. Oh I thought wedding.
Speaker 1: I thought we weren't doing that. I mean, you are, no Sam sweating. I'm shaving my face on the twenty fourth. Yeah, I have to shave my face on the.
Speaker 2: You did already. Ninth is a Wednesday, The eighth is a Tuesday. The seventh on the seventh because that is the day already, So you already shaved and you've already been again. We already said. We prerecorded this, and I love when people actually hop into the comments on YouTube and like we'll say, oh, Scott broke his cardinal rule. He admits it's we recorded the DA. No, I always admit that it's this is never lie. You don't what do you talk?
Speaker 1: I always say today is November whatever. Yes, when you're listening to it, that's the day. You will say it's not pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Remember when you would like put on a different shirt and be like they can't know.
Speaker 1: I was kidding you, stupid a hole dude. It's so obvious that we record these things. It's not live. Well, you heard it from the horse's mouth, guys, mister.
Speaker 2: Dad, how did you know? Mister d shut it down. I will say, Newman, thank you for sending us at adorable video of your daughter. I it was funny.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even understand what I couldn't even understand what she said he was.
Speaker 2: Doing seeing the Christmas which like same and she's like, no, not ready, yeah, because that's you not ready yet? Now for Christmas time?
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you, we have this sign in the house that's like welcome to our home. And the O is like, is uh you put all these different holiday things there?
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: So when the pumpkin came down Cooper immediately put the Christmas tree at the time the dradle. Hello, I know she can, I said, Cooper, you skipped Thanksgiving? No, you know she she likes the present holidays better well to her when you're a kid, why would you not? But she blew right past Thanksgiving because you know the set comes with a turkey hold.
Speaker 2: Up, So like when you have both holidays, right, I said, hum, welcome hum for both the dradil and the Christmas tree or present.
Speaker 1: No, it just goes over the Oh she jammed them together. Oh, so she put them both in the O.
Speaker 2: I don't know how she got it. I thought I thought you'd take out the O, and you do.
Speaker 1: It's like a velcro. It's a velcrow and it goes in there.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay, that makes sense. I thought you replace the O with two things that look like Oh's, And I'm like, who?
Speaker 1: And again it might not even be in the O, might just be above out fire and not in a word at all. I'm not sure I forget. But whatever it is, it's that cute little, you know, homie thing.
Speaker 2: Do you know for my koozy business, you're making pickleball coozies? Dude, pickleballs all the right. I know I've never played it, but like four or five sets of Koozies yesterday, and let me tell you something coming soon to Koozie Kings exciting.
Speaker 1: Right up right above the shop right that I go to, there are pickleball courts because there's a development right behind there. So when you're pushing your shopping cart or depending on you hear it, you know what part of the country you're from, either your shopping cart or your wagon or your buggy or your whatever else they call it. I don't know if there's any other word trolley. Trolley I think is in England. But you hear boom, boom boom. It's a little bit different than sounds, a little different than tennis. And the court I think is a little bit.
Speaker 2: Different because it's like a whiffle ball.
Speaker 1: Do you know there was a whole thing in New York City a couple of weeks ago where they complained, yes, the pickleball League. No, Well they're taking over like tennis courts and stuff in parks, and people are getting pissed, so they want they want designated pickleball court. Okay, what is pickleball? Is it still go over in net.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever even watched a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah you would. Actually, I think, like pickleball, we should go play it. There's courts and Hoboken and I have my rackets. They so it's not a racket as much as it it's a paddle or a racket, right yeah. So it's a paddle right hard. There's not like a tennis racket that has the net like.
Speaker 1: So it's the wooden paddle with like the holes in it, because that's a different kind.
Speaker 2: Of ball paddle. This is basically just like a short, little stubby handle like a big ping pong paddle. Yes, okay, And then she like what I Yes they did, so that's that. And then you have a whiffle ball and then they have like a net.
Speaker 1: Is it a whiffle ball or is it a pickleball?
Speaker 2: It's I mean they call it a pickleball, but it's big.
Speaker 1: So the holes round or long because whiffleball the holes are long, they're round, they're round like a whole punch a round.
Speaker 2: Yes okay. And then you hit back and forth like tennis. But there's like rules like you have to stay out of the kitchen that to so like a tennis court, right, you know how when.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't understand the lines, but yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the front of it, so you have your like back two ends, and then you have that long rectangle in the front. That's where you hit the net. Sure, that's the kitchen, Okay, you got to stay out of that when you're hitting back and forth.
Speaker 1: What are the other rooms called?
Speaker 2: I don't know, okay, but you hit back and forth and it goes really fast, and if you're really good at pickleball, it like there's no bouncing. You just are constantly like.
Speaker 1: So basically it's like it's like life size ping pong, I.
Speaker 2: Would say so, and it could be very I think the reason why it's caught on so well is especially for an older generation that's playing it, because it is insane in retirement communities. How many people play pickleball? Yeah? I think it can be a lot more low effort than a tennis but still a fantastic physical exercise. Like you're still out there and you still have to move sweating enough. Sure, yeah where it is it's not as intense as tennis, but you're still moving.
Speaker 1: Now, was there an outfit because are you're wearing like a little tennis skirt.
Speaker 2: Thinks so.
Speaker 1: But you know, our friend Darren's wife, Carly is a pickleball instructor, and she's like, she wins all kinds of stuff. I'm telling you this picture is a champion. I'm expecting our golf coosies.
Speaker 2: I have no idea why, but if you search golf coosies on Amazon, we're the number one search. It's insane. I don't know who's buying them. Some days you log on and you just see like ten sales and you're like, who bought ten of these coosies? And who are they giving them too?
Speaker 1: So now you have money to buy advertising for us?
Speaker 2: Right, No, because we're claiming it a the loss for this year for tax purposes. Oh should you have said that? Well, I mean that's what every business does. We're not taking any money out of it. We're just reinvesting it into the business.
Speaker 1: You're not scamming Uncle Sam. No, okay, I just want to.
Speaker 2: Make sure reporting everything on taxes. I don't want you to get in trouble, but most businesses, you really should report your losses for year one. Don't take any profits out. Good to know. Yeah, fun but yeah, coosy line pickleball coming soon? Coozy who to thunk? Kouzy? What a business? And I'm telling you just all you have to do is go on, Ali Baba, figure out something, figure out your niche and just go with it.
Speaker 1: You could quit this miserable job and just sell coozies the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Well it would require a lot more coozies. Oh yeah, to invest, sure, Tuck. The thing is I really wish that we could find a United States seller. Yeah, I know what.
Speaker 1: You're so un American that these things made overseas terrible.
Speaker 2: Andrew, When you go to a US factory and you're like, hey, could you give me a line of two hundred and fifty to five hundred koozies for twenty two cents each, you get laughed out.
Speaker 1: Because we pay people more than ten cents an hour.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: So did you while you were a Cuba did you check to see how much it would be there?
Speaker 2: No? Because I wasn't in Cuba yet. Oh remember we said we're not gonna fool the listen, Okay, will you check now? Watch it? Look where am I going? Because then it's like, even is that illegal? Well? Think about Anything going into Cuba gets searched. Anything getting out of Cuba gets searched.
Speaker 1: Not like you're hiding cocaine in them. They're just beer.
Speaker 2: Coozies, understood, but you never know they it's a lot. I don't know. The regulations might be stricter for searching. But if you're a US supplier and you could give me twenty two cent coozies or less, we'll use you, like starting asat even twenty five cents.
Speaker 1: They're not listening to us.
Speaker 2: You do say that, but sometimes I'm a little surprised when I get emails from people like, hey, you mentioned this, We want to give you this. Who cereals? Who looks? Where? What? Where? When? Why? How?
Speaker 1: I have to say, I wish there was more, but we've there's very few people that have listened to this podcast that are of you know that's what you say, that have sent stuff because they owned a company.
Speaker 2: Know what we need? What an agent? An agent?
Speaker 1: You said that many times before. Let's get one, okay called David Katz? Well who were we need to be booked on shows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. When there's like a serial segment like this is the Today Show and this is We're going to be talking about the new marshmallow rice crispies.
Speaker 1: Yes, or I'm telling you, like when someone finds a Cereal experts when someone finds a razor blade in a box of fruit loops, like they should come to us here sitting here. So what do you guys think about that? Well, I tell you it's a very very rare phenomenon to find a razor blade in fruit loops because you know what, it could have come from the factory. One of the machines could have lost one of the chopping things, or somebody could have tampered with the boxes. So it's you know, it's a mystery.
Speaker 2: And I would like to say, shut up, he doesn't know anything about Cereal. Back to me in razor blades and fruit loops.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm so sorry, but I saw in the news today, which was actually last week, that somebody actually found a razor blade in a candy bar that they got on a Halloween.
Speaker 2: Like that's such.
Speaker 1: They say that that was a wives tale, but I mean it was on the news.
Speaker 2: I just don't believe it. I just I think so.
Speaker 1: You think people are making it up for notoriety.
Speaker 2: For sure, Remember what was it Cinnamento's crunch Gate, the shrimp tail shrimp. Where did that ever go?
Speaker 1: It was all fake or General Mills just paid the guy off and said, shut up, we'll be back right after this. And we're back.
Speaker 2: So back to your point we were discussing, I would say maybe fake news question mark. Yeah, that's a problem with social media. I could go online and literally say the dumbest things and all of a sudden it could get one hundred thousand likes and people are like, did you see the story? It's not a story, and it becomes real exactly. There's no verifying any information.
Speaker 1: By the way, would you like some fruit loops? I got these for you.
Speaker 2: What's uh? What's going on? Nothing? Hold on? I don't want you this. Can you hold that for a second.
Speaker 1: I was going to get the razorblade. There's none left on there. I was going to snap the piece off and put it in, but.
Speaker 2: No, hold on. What let me open the fruit loops? Bard there was a box cutter in the fruit loops. Guys, Holy crap, Oh my god, Oh look at that full razor blade.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna get sued for slander because this is crazy. Stop guys, so good.
Speaker 2: Wow, you never know what to expect anymore. It's true, you never know what's real and what's not. Yeah, it's all fake, ninety nine percent of it. And then I don't want to get too much into it. But that stupid Elon Musk buying Twitter annoys me. It's stupid. Why I hate He didn't need to do that. Well, he got forced into doing it because he was like doing it, and then it he like, how do you have billions of dollars and the best thing you could do with your time is just be a troll?
Speaker 1: Wow, that looks like the elevator in I had.
Speaker 2: Billions of dollars. Do you know what I'd be doing with it? Not on Twitter, not be on Twitter. I'd have better things to do with my life.
Speaker 1: I would just go to an island and just get a big house there. I stay there, chill, keep to myself.
Speaker 2: Look at the wonderful tom MySpace. Here he go is loving his life. He's on Instagram? Is he Yes? He posts all the time about his wonderful life journeys. He did it right, he made his money, he got it, walked away all these people, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, what are you doing just go like, enjoy your billions and billions of dollars. It's insane to me that you could have a billion dollars to think about that in concept.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I won power Ball last week, so that's why I'm not sure why I'm here anymore. Oh really, Yeah, if you did, I expect something like what, I don't know, a million.
Speaker 2: Think about it. When you have billions, correct, billions? That is multiple zeros, Yeah, so many zeros. You probably could not even spend a million dollars a year, unless you're really trying to.
Speaker 1: I think you could.
Speaker 2: You could not, well, think about it. One point five billion after taxes is what six hundred million? I don't know. It's in my head to even spend a million a day. You would still get through three hundred and sixty five days. Three hundred and sixty five million, right, Yeah, not smart. Don't do a million a.
Speaker 1: Day, No, that's it. I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: But one hundred thousand a day would get you pretty far. I don't think that's possible either. Even five or ten thousand a day, that's absurd.
Speaker 1: I would like to think that I would still just live my regular life. I mean I would have a few nicer things. But I don't even think I would move.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I would get another house somewhere.
Speaker 2: You'd you say that, but probably for security purposes, because the minute people find out they're going to be coming after you.
Speaker 1: Well, I would just like to think that I would remain the same person.
Speaker 2: For sure, maybe with just a couple of little upgrades.
Speaker 1: Yes, not even a lot, just a little little.
Speaker 2: Upgrades and beautiful vacation house on an island.
Speaker 1: The thing is, though, like depending on what state you want, in most of the time you have to go on TV. They want to know who you are. There's a few states that you can be anonymous, but most you know. And that's got to be rough right. You know, you're the one point five billion dollar winner. I mean by this point it could be two billion if nobody's won. But at the time of recording Andrew the jackpot was one point five billion. Yeah, and I love that in New York. I don't know if the other states did it. But the signs they change them so the M can become a B on the you know, the digital readout signs. Because when it happened last time, a lot of the states you can only go nine hundred ninety nine million because it couldn't go any higher. But now it says one point five billion because the M changes to a B on the billboard.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that the lottery even gets that high.
Speaker 1: Oh, if nobody wins, that's what happens.
Speaker 2: I know. It's just nuts though, Like what is like, well.
Speaker 1: How because the more people that play the high That's why as it gets a bigger and bigger jackpot, it goes up faster because the more people that play, that money is all going.
Speaker 2: Into the pot. Yeah, it just seems like when I was younger, it would have never no, like the jackpots would hit like a one hundred million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was like whoa, there was no craze back then. It was weird, like it only started, I don't know, twenty twenty five, maybe thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: The concept of a lottery is also super dystopian when you think about it, like, hey, citizens of country pay and we might give you money, right, but otherwise it's like I won my ticket, I mean, Harry.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it goes to it's supposed to go to the schools depending on the state, you know, in New York, Yeah, in New York.
Speaker 2: It goes to education. Had no idea. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Wow, whatever's left over, I guess from not prize money and from administrative costs and all those things goes to education. It might be different in different states, but that's pretty much why the lottery was formed. Wow, to pay for education.
Speaker 2: Would you look at that? That's a really nice history fact. I love that. The more you know.
Speaker 1: By the way, can I I need to mention because somebody had asked last week? I didn't bring it up again, but do you remember two weeks ago when Nate was here and the news guy was out there and I thought it was mister g the weather guy.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 1: So I was racking my brain to try to figure out who it was, the guy in the puffy vest. Yeah, And when I went to the bathroom after the show, he was still sitting in the lobby.
Speaker 2: So I walked by and I was like, who is this gun waiting to be noticed?
Speaker 1: No, he was here for somebody, and he he does stuff with the news station down the hall, the talk station. And so I went into the kitchen and I was frantically googling. I was like, who is this guy? I said, I know that he was on Channel two here in New York, which is w CBS. So I put in w CBS TV News anchor and I was scrolling it sc and finally I was like, ah, dude, I literally hit the table.
Speaker 2: I didn't go near that box, I know. But when you do that, it caused it to like go up and down. Didn't do it that time, serial kill okay at that time anyway, So you know who it was? Who Ernie Anastis. I know him if you're from New York. Ernie Anastas is a legend of TV news. He was on all the all the big networks, even the little ones like Channel nine, which is w o R TV double gu it was double which was it was? There was so many things, what is it? It was? No? Was it me TV? No? It was my nine?
Speaker 1: It was my something right and before that it wasn't it like Universe? That network had so many different names.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it up?
Speaker 1: It was UPN Yeah, it was something before that and then it was something else.
Speaker 2: It w WB's is the is? I remember WB? And the Frog? Yeah? Adobe Adobe Adobe Adobe a WB.
Speaker 1: Those littler networks are kind of weird, and they don't all always show the same thing across the country.
Speaker 2: It's kind of odd. I feel like we should. We could probably put this on syndicated television. I'm sorry, on not syndicated local television.
Speaker 1: You know what, there are a lot of cable networks that have what is it access, local access something access, and they have to provide a certain amount of hours of free Can you imagine if.
Speaker 2: We were able to sell it to them. Hey, guys, welcome to Serial Killers. But at this point it was recorded on zoom. At this point, it's just it's YouTube. Like no one even cares about a nice, old like family who still watches public he access public access to be like, hey, yep, this is my favorite show. I don't know, but YouTube is it? That's it?
Speaker 1: And oh, did you get our handle for us?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Serial Killers PC on YouTube? Good?
Speaker 1: And I got mine mineus Z Scottie b.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yep.
Speaker 1: I changed it because it was something that from a long time ago that nobody would know. That's where all the videos of you know, embarrassing my kids live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got millions of views on those, that's cool.
Speaker 1: It was just that one.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm telling you, once we get that thousand, the ads are gonna start are rolling in.
Speaker 1: I tell you know, I ruined whip cream for Cooper, and I feel really bad because she loves sweets and she loves ice cream. But that one whip cream, man.
Speaker 2: That video cracks me up every time. Poor Cooper. It's just after it happens is oh no.
Speaker 1: Who knew? Who knew? She threw up from whip cream? Yeah, you know, and now she won't eat it, I feel but she won't even eat coolhip because it's the same kind of consistency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, consistency does that though.
Speaker 1: The coolhip is fake anyway, whip cream is the way to go right out the can.
Speaker 2: Did I have something gross recently? Probably with those hash browns? Yes day. There there's a problem with those. But do you feel okay? After I did?
Speaker 1: And I was gonna call you to see if you were in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: But so we ordered.
Speaker 1: We ordered breakfast from this place that we always ordered breakfast from.
Speaker 2: And it is delicious. It is like top not. They use milk in their eggs and that's I think the secret. That's why they get that whipped consistency.
Speaker 1: I get egg whites, So I'm not sure do they put egg milk and eggs that's why they're fluffy from milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and egg whites too. Maybe not the egg whites, but the eggs are, my god, they're so freaking good.
Speaker 1: And anyway, so the hashbrons are usually freaking fantastic. Not as good as waffle House, but they are. I agree up there.
Speaker 2: You know what the secret is? The secret to a good hash brown love crispy. Oh yeah, and it has to be crispy. I don't like when they make them, and it's mostly that, like a I don't know, just shredded potato con.
Speaker 1: There needs to be a little bit of brown on it, at least even in the middle. Somehow they need to scatter it on the grill, which is when you go to waffle House, you say hash brown scattered, and that way they scatter them all so they all get cooked, not just in a paddy. Great idea, you know, because if you don't taye or do, they put the round ring on it and it just sits there. But it's tough though, because you go to a restaurant and ask for things well done, it very rarely comes out well done. You just get what everyone else gets.
Speaker 2: People that get steaks well done. I'm sorry they're hiding something, maybe a body in their house. Really well done steak.
Speaker 1: I know somebody that likes them, like.
Speaker 2: God, no burnt. The best part about a steak is that juicy red bloody. No.
Speaker 1: And also they I don't know who they is, but I remember seeing a story that like with steak and ground beef and stuff like that, the red stuff that you see running off of it is not blood. I don't remember what they said it was, but they said it's not. But what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I'm just checking?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, yeah, because I made steaks the other night, and unfortunately my daughters was a little thinner than mine. I made mine the way that I liked it, and I just figured the time was right. But you know, she was like, this is a little little overdone. There was no pink inside at all.
Speaker 2: SUV is the best steak you could ever make? Is that?
Speaker 1: The boiling water thing? Yes, how does that work?
Speaker 2: So what it is, it's like you clip it in and then it just heats the water up. You still have to cook it, so there is That was something that I learned. So you basically get like a ziplock bag. Make sure there's no air in it, so it like does whatever it does, and then you put it in the pot, clip it to the side. The suv machine boils the water to a perfect temperature, cooks the inside, not the outside. Keep that in mind. But what's happening is you're boiling. So you put all your ingredients in two It's like I put garlic in, I put some salt in, I put some pepper in, and it's delicious. You're confusing. And then when you're done, you take it out of the bag and it's almost because it's just boiled. You like, if you want the grill marks you throw. I put it in a pan and then I flip it on both sides with a little bit of butter. It is the best steak ever I made a Shop Right steak tastes like.
Speaker 1: First of all, just because you baughter it from shop Right, it's not a shop right steak. It's a steak like it doesn't matter what story, the reasons, not like a store brand.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I'm saying it's not a store brand steak. Butcher I'm saying the store. I'm saying I bought it from Shop Right. I didn't go to some fancy market and get like this. Beautiful cut of meat. It's I bought a nice little two pack of steaks. It was. It was a decent price. It's not like I went to some bougie. Oh, let me get the.
Speaker 1: Frozen tops hamburgers on the box from the freezer.
Speaker 2: Now I hate when people do that.
Speaker 1: You go to a barbecue and they bring out the freezer, frozen box, that big box of thirty two, and they just slapped the frozen thing.
Speaker 2: It's like in a hurry, though, you sometimes need to do that. But regard quality is kind of whatever. So the thing is, I made it taste delicious. Souvene is delicious. If you're looking for a holiday gift for someone who cooks in your family, I highly recommend getting a Suvie machine.
Speaker 1: I would like to come to your apartment and have you souve me. I really, I would like.
Speaker 2: I'm interested. You want me to cook for you? Yes? Please, I would love that. I make great broccoli too. What are you putting it? I put them, I cut them up, I put them in a pan. Don't do burnt broccoli. I don't like the love burntprocaly because it like Prcinogen's everything.
Speaker 1: The bad part about it is in the name. I don't want burnt food, burnt broccoli.
Speaker 2: It just tastes different, Like it's just it tastes burnt delicious. Can I get burnt steak? Please?
Speaker 1: Burnt chicken? Is there anything else that you could say burnt in front of that you'd go so good? I don't pretzels burnt. I love burnt pretzels. No, burnt is a bad thing, Not burnt pretzels.
Speaker 2: My dad actually gets them from snipe snyders. Is it snyders now? Is it burned or burnt? Burnt? These are like you almost like a cheeto where you get that residue. This is it's like that, but with I don't know burntness.
Speaker 1: I do like the taste of burnt. When I think.
Speaker 2: They're splits pretzels, Oh yeah, there they are uniques split pretzels. If you're listening, folks, uniques snacks, dark splits pretzels, they look like that. They are so delicious. Oh my god, folks. I don't think people say folks.
Speaker 1: People sea foods, not since bucks people sea foods.
Speaker 2: Fifties and sixties, Hey, fam, is that cool? It's fam cool? People say fam now squad? I like that better. Ugh, I forgot what I was one of the coozies, says Pickleball Squad. That's cool.
Speaker 1: The one burnt taste that I do like, and it's not really burnt, it's more charcoali.
Speaker 2: Is it.
Speaker 1: If you go to a show or a concert or something in New York and then you come out into the street and the little pretzel cart guy is there and they're like, have the pretzels roasting on the charcoal. I like that burnt charcoli taste. But the pretzel is still always cold in the middle because they put it on the flame for like two seconds, and it sucks.
Speaker 2: But I just like that. I have a weakness for soft pretzels. I love soft pretzels. Okay, oh my god, you put anything on them. I like salt. I like mustard. I will dip it in mustard. I am not a mustard by itself fan. I don't get it. I just it's like peppery. Are you a street cart food guy? I could do? Actually, No, now that I'm thinking about it, No, you don't do street meat. No.
Speaker 1: I used to get dirty water hot dogs all the time.
Speaker 2: I just don't see that tasting good.
Speaker 1: They're delicious. I just don't eat hot dogs anymore, you know, healthy me. Yeah, although I have packed on a few because I've been eating stuff that I have not been eating for.
Speaker 2: The last couple of months. The holiday season. You should treat yourself. No, no, I must be insulated and not eat anything.
Speaker 1: I'm still staying away from fried things. I did have some cheesy pasta last night. Oh my god, this place near us it's called Fiorentina. It's Rigatoni Fiorentina, and it's like this creamy red sauce. It's like carbonara, I don't know. It's creamy sauce, red sauce. And it has chicken pieces, not frieda and spinach, okay, and it's delicious. Yeah, it's just saying it sounds like, yeah, that's what they call it. Well, that's like the carbone spicy rigatoni. I tried making that over quarantine for my family because we would altern eat cooking every week, like everybody would take a day and I made the spicy rigatoni from carbone, but I put in way too much red pepper, got it. Not many people could eat it. However, it's a delicious, delicious pasta and so easy to make. Ye I need to pay tons of money. Favorite pasta shape hold on, be right back. That's a tease. Yeah, I want to know what your favorite pasta shape is. Hukay after this what.
Speaker 2: And we're back?
Speaker 1: So you know, before the break, if there was a break, I asked your favorite pasta shape? Did you have some time to think about it?
Speaker 2: I like the spirals.
Speaker 1: They have a name. I mean, there's lots of maybe. I love Fusili. That's my favorite one. It's the sparks screw. It's the long narrow quarkscrew is Fucili. I like that one.
Speaker 2: I don't like spaghetti. I do. I hate spaghetti and my mom makes it sometimes and I just I just don't like it. It doesn't have the flavor like I really love.
Speaker 1: First of all that no false people say, well, it holds the sauce better or whatever.
Speaker 2: But pasta is pasta. No, because pastas do different things, like it's better to make a pesto with I hate pasta ceiling one because it can it's in all the little ridges.
Speaker 1: You forgot your there's no ridges.
Speaker 2: This corkscrew, yeah, it gets stuck in all the little quarkscrew partskay versus like a penny part where it just gets stuck in the middle. Although I love that, Oh my god, my sister makes the second best pesto I've ever had. See. I like thick spaghetti, not like not.
Speaker 1: I mean the ron Zoni makes a really thick one that's like a fricking straw, Like there's a hole in the middle. That's how big, that's how thick it is.
Speaker 2: I like that. I just I don't like the noodle.
Speaker 1: By the way, you forgot your pasto pizza. Make sure you take it to.
Speaker 2: Oh well, don't let go bad well because I was here until like five thirty six yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, I know you were in Cuba yesterday.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't stop lying. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I do like pasta, and I don't think I don't care about the carbs. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Pasta is delicious. Homemade pastas delicious too. Do you know what Cooper's favorite shape is? What pastina? The tiny liven get to me on pastina. My that's like a classic meal to me. My mom would make that for me all the time.
Speaker 1: You can't really have sauce with it. I tried it. It really doesn't work. It's not a sauce pasta. It's just because it kind of gets lost in the sauce.
Speaker 2: But that's where you go to polenta. Polenta takes the place of that. I'm sorry. Polenta is Polenta is basically like pastina, but it's more mushy and it's like stickier and you could put red meat sauce on it and it tastes delicious.
Speaker 1: Polenta is a pasta shape. Yeah, oh my god, I forgot to do something.
Speaker 2: What did you forget to do?
Speaker 1: Garrett called Meile was in the bathroom and said, hey, can you make sure the four levers are up in there?
Speaker 2: And I forgot to do it?
Speaker 1: Uh oh, let me just ask real quick.
Speaker 2: Uh oh hey, Anthony, I forgot to check. Thanks, Okay, we're good. Still on the air. It's a dish of boiled corn meal that was made from other greens polenta and you could put like red tomato sauce on it and it is so good.
Speaker 1: Really, see, it's weird because sauce. I feel like sauce doesn't really hold to that now, basically eating soup with stuff in it.
Speaker 2: No, because it's so cooked and it's like clump. Uh. I don't want to use clumpy because it sounds disgusting, but it's like mushy okay, and it holds.
Speaker 1: Well, Hey, you know what we didn't do, and we're probably not gonna have time at this point. Disgusting Dinner Party, Yeah we can when I mean it's almost Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: We have all next week and the week after.
Speaker 1: But that's a lot of planning, Andrew.
Speaker 2: It's really not we don't have to make something for each other.
Speaker 1: Yes we do, Okay, we have to make stuff.
Speaker 2: What do you want to make this? Buy things? I mean that's what we did, except making. We did make We made the that was it? Ambrosia? Ambrosia? Yeah? That was so good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine was my favorite. I would eat that all day every day.
Speaker 2: I thought mine was somewhat there. Yours was a little somewhat decent. I can't say somewhat there.
Speaker 1: If you go back and listen to last year's Disgusting Dinner Party, check it out. It's I mean, I want the ambrosia right now. Okay, I'm thinking about the cherries that were in there, and.
Speaker 2: Now what I really want to go to Odeon and get the steak frets. And after talking about all this, I just want steak frets now. I love like hmm, just like Crispy Ports to steink you okay. Meeting.
Speaker 1: We went there the other day and I had mushroom chowder. It was really good.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even think. And I got to get into soups this year. This is the year I'm gonna get into soups. And I'm gonna use my slow cooker. It's the easiest thing to do. You can make a whole batch of things and then it's just there.
Speaker 1: There was a dollup of lemon like crumb fresh as what they call it. Yeah, you know, I never really even used or heard the term dollup until I saw daisy commercials years ago.
Speaker 2: I mean, who says dollup? Dude? Do all daisy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now they have the squeeze ones. You don't even dollop a squeeze one.
Speaker 2: Every not everything needs to be squeezed, That's all I'm gonna see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you also, so much stuff gets stuck in there you can't get it all out of there.
Speaker 2: I think they need to also make ketchup. Sorry, ketchup, ketchup. Sorry, I think they need to make up chup. Sorry say it however you like whatever. I just don't want you to sound dumb. They need to. Okay, that's that's a really great way of phrasing it.
Speaker 1: What I just don't want you to sound dumb. I'm looking out for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at first it sounded nice and then you said, don't sound dumb, and then I'm over it.
Speaker 1: I said, I didn't want you to fix.
Speaker 2: The don the dawn bottles that don't spill. They need to do that with all these condiments.
Speaker 1: The dawn bottles that don't spill, the new ones Dawn, the one that you spin your caps, the dawn deterre. Yes, the dawn dish soap comes in a nut like when you squeeze it, it's a no mess cap. Oh, because it's like it seals itself up. Yes, Heinz has that now too.
Speaker 2: Oh they do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one that's upside down they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, and the male gestion ticket if Helman's Mayo has it as well, good for the squeeze one does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's genius and it doesn't create that disgusting mess and that crustiness because.
Speaker 1: If you think about it at this day and age, who wants a big jar of mayonnaise? The squeeze one is where it's at.
Speaker 2: I don't really put mayo on anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess there's some people that'd like to stick a knife in something and spread it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can still spread squeeze.
Speaker 1: I mean back in the day, like mustard came in jars and you had to stick a knife in. I can't believe when I was a kid, there was no squeeze anything, nothing because everything was in glass. There were very few plastic containers, like even like syrup. It was Miss Butterworth was glass, you know that. Yeah, she was a glass girl, class girl. Not anymore, what glass girl? Well, I mean yeah. The thing is that it just bothers me because the glass is no longer recycled in my town, and I hate that. I guess I'm glad that we don't have that many glass things anymore because it really draws me nust to throw it away. I don't understand how they stop that.
Speaker 2: I will say, I got Mentos recently and the Freshmaker. Yeah what I got. I know what it is? Mantos Fresh, Sure, Mantos freshus full live.
Speaker 1: Well that was a later one. Well whatever, I remember that. It was a Mentos the fresh Maker. Okay, So I they it now comes in like a cardboard box.
Speaker 2: A cardboard box. You haven't come in with the tube anymore. It well, no, no, the gum. The gum now comes in like a cardboard type of thing like they used to be plastic, right, yeah, now it's all carbo I actually think it's great that they could go except straws, everything else renewable. I think it's fine. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There are a few things that should not be paper, like what definitely straws.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to think about bamboos.
Speaker 2: Straws are fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're plastic ish. Yeah, they do have to they hold up. They have some of the bio degraded.
Speaker 2: Or the sugarcane ones, which I don't get at all.
Speaker 1: Does it sweeten your tea while Yeah no, I don't know how it works. But they're always very uh just like those chocolate straws that you put in the milk and you or the cereal straws that were popular for a hot second. Yeah, they disappeared. Yeah, we should bring those back.
Speaker 2: They try.
Speaker 1: They're doing everything with cereal. They're making everything with cereal. I don't like it's too much. Everything it's too much everything and the many the mini cereals that are coming out. There are some really good cereals on the horizon.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: You saw that, You saw the Eyehop pancakes, Yeah, and the s'mores Lucky Charms did you see those?
Speaker 2: Hello? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That though I don't know, I think that's going a little overboard because basically that's Lucky Chumps mixed mixed with Golden Grams. I don't really understand the concept. It's they should just be a mash up because that's pretty much what it is. I don't think that Lucky Charms would be the brand to go s'mores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't seem right. But like I see a campfire one like, is it a camp camping? Whatever is the does does do Leprechauns camp? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no they don't. They ride the Rainbow?
Speaker 2: Are you going camping? Are you a camper?
Speaker 1: I don't have any plans to go camping, but I'm not opposed to it. I'm not opposed to I've only I don't know if we talked about this before, but I've only gone camping once ever, and it was when I was at sleep Away Camp and they put tents out behind the bunks and we just stayed there.
Speaker 2: So you never like actually slept in a tent and like like like camped it.
Speaker 1: No, And I did it in my backyard one time when I was a kid and I heard a noise and got scared and went inside.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I've never been to a campground like a was it koa on the road when you when you're traveling. Yeah, right, they have campgrounds, which they were on undercover boss. I saw that one HM and the Norwegian Cruise Line one was on a couple of weeks ago. That was old. It was some twenty eleven. I saw it wasn't even the CEO guy we knew before. It was someone before that.
Speaker 2: That show is so weird too, it is I think a little bit of it is fake. Oh it's all fake? Why because every episode there's always like this is Nancy, she works the front desk, she lost everything after a tornado ripped through her.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I guess it's boring. If it's boring, if they don't have a story.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. But it's all casted and then the CEO like, where's the worst prosthetics And it's like, hey, Nancy I don't know how to staple. How do I staple with the worst to pay? Ever, yes always, and then they're the Nancy at the end is always like, oh my god, a million dollars, thank you so much changes my life.
Speaker 1: I tell you, the early ones, they really didn't give out anything like one guy got a party or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was I'd be pissed off.
Speaker 1: You watch as the years go on and they're giving like scholarships and cars and well they Extreme Home Makeover it pretty much.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, Extreme Home Makeover another one. When you watch those episodes back, you are just like shocked that this was the show that like gripped the nation.
Speaker 1: And then especially at the end of the day when all those people have to pay taxes on that stuff because it's a game show.
Speaker 2: It's terrible. They would listen to the one thing the kids said, like what name something Cooper liked at six Webkins Lol, doll that was a cutie Kins pig. Okay, yeah, they would hear just Pepa Pig, right, not like, oh and she wants to like she also loves studying for school. They just hear Peppa Pig and then they're like, Cooper get ready for your Pepa Pig room. Yeah on the wall a barn yard. What am I gonna do it? I'm thirteen, You're sleeping on a parrel of hay have fun. Yeah, it's terrible. These kids had the worst rooms. When kid liked Rubek's Cubes, they literally just made his whole room a Rubix cube.
Speaker 1: I mean it's kind of cool for a second.
Speaker 2: For a second, and then you realize, I'm thirteen have a Rubek's.
Speaker 1: Cube room, right, Like how long can a little girl have a princess room?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? That's you know, and the amount of stuff that they build for it is insane. If they just made them beautiful, normal rooms, it's like, here's your study nook, here's like your bed. We know you like this, But instead they were like Pepa Pig room, all of it.
Speaker 1: I've also heard stories where they make the people pay for the supplies, or they destroy the rest of the house, or like all kinds of horrible things on those makeover shows.
Speaker 2: That might be the other one, which was there were so many of the trading spaces. So many trading spaces is actually a insane concept as well, where you would come decorate a room in my house, and I'd come decorate a room in your house.
Speaker 1: I don't think that would work very well. Did you ever see the one where the girl put sand I wasn't really a fan. Oh my god, you just need to watch the clip of it. It is so insane and the woman literally starts crying and walks out.
Speaker 2: Which one was the move the bus? Okay? I used to watch that with time. I bought a whole half a plane in someone's house and we're like, here's your breakfast nook. Who wants to eat in half a plane? Again?
Speaker 1: It's cool for a second.
Speaker 2: A second, and then the resale value, Hey, come into our home. This wall a plane.
Speaker 1: Well, the only good thing about that is they could show the video and say, look at this house was seen on Extreme Makeover.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: You know people use that as a selling point. Yeah, just like if you have like some house that was on TV, like the Brady Bunch House and all those houses. Yeah, they just redid that, and so somebody lives there. Someone wanted two seconds.
Speaker 2: They keep renewing that house or revamping that house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now it's they they whatever network that was I Forget Home, whatever, but HGTV TV Yeah, they made it into the actual original Brady Bunch house and somebody lives there.
Speaker 2: Now, Well, I know that for Home. What is it the one that's on HGTV. I don't know. Oh my gosh, it's the one where they you see three houses and then you pick one of the three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, I don't watch any of them anymore.
Speaker 2: Home something and they haven't home damn it. Oh this is bad.
Speaker 1: So okay, Well, what's the point of the story.
Speaker 2: Those they know the house that they picked before they show them the three, and they make it seem like, oh, which one are they going to pick? The colonial cottage, the house by the beach, or the woodsy cabin they already picked it?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's a show if.
Speaker 2: Sam's Friends was actually on it. Really yeah, it's about time that you and I are on a TV show. Like, I'm really mad that we missed out on Lingo. They never called us back, and I should be. I'm telling you the Amazing Race. Let's just do the Amazing Race something that we have the casting tape right here. Look, hey CBS, why should we be on the Amazing Race. We shouldn't be Boom or Big Brother. No, maybe they'd cast like dynamic duos.
Speaker 1: I don't look good with my shirt off.
Speaker 2: Trust me. Nobody needs to have their shirt off in Big Brother. Yeah, they do that. It's gonna be you with like a bunch of young people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the after hours part where people watch all the other stuff they want, like goofy stuff going on and shirts off and things, well, again, who knows. I'm not gonna be that guy that has my shirt off with the necklace with the microphone stuck to it.
Speaker 2: Well, no one's gonna give that to you. They have a whole bunch of age ranges on Big Brother.
Speaker 1: This guy's just gotta be some mellow show that you and I could do. I don't want to none of the competition crap. We just need to do a show. We should be on a show.
Speaker 2: That this is. This is the problem to say things that you already ra no idea dirty red? What the follow up is? Dirty rag? Okay you see it? I do? Are you squarreling? Yeah? Hi, Carla, I really think Amazing Race would be good for us.
Speaker 1: No, No, it would be like it's too much, it's too much. I just want something simpler. I want something simpler.
Speaker 2: Brother, you're literally just in the house.
Speaker 1: Then no, yeah, but there's there's a plot. I don't want to be part of the plot.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I mean, you don't want to be part of a plot.
Speaker 1: Throw under the boss. Whole thing, isn't it. You gotta do challenges and stuff too, right? And make the bed I mean, I don't really make the bed of puzzles. They go out in the yard and they play with puzzles.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've never watched outside of the celebrity season, an actual full season a Big Brother. It's just thirty ninety something days. It sounds like I.
Speaker 1: Bet you and I could come up with some kind of a show that would be really good.
Speaker 2: Why are we inventing the show? Why are we not just.
Speaker 1: Because when you produce it on the show, you make tons of cash? Okay, yeah, you know we should have we have an idea for a show, Andrew, Okay. Or it's pretty sad. In a month from now when you look behind us, that ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Be there anymore. Yeah, it's gonna be the new setup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what this new setup that you know what the new setup is gonna be? You and I, You and I had a folding table because there's no room to do anything. It's really sad. It is like it's gonna completely change. It's the vibe is going to be totally different. I mean it's just gonna be Hey, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you could make it that or you can make the best of a situation and just say.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try. But i mean, look, if there's a vibe.
Speaker 2: Here, what people don't see about the vibe here is the boxes behind us that I can't even move my chair anything.
Speaker 1: The camera hids at all.
Speaker 2: It's it's just it's like you feel like the walls are closing in. We are moving. I know you move.
Speaker 1: You have big boxes everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well we've had these big boxes for years now because you always used to do your Christmas cleanup and then the Christmas cleanup just stopped tappening year. Okay, I have no choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna work from here that Friday morning after Thanksgiving. Great, and uh, that's that's the only time that I have all this. Everything must go.
Speaker 2: It's a Bogo sale. Yeah, I don't wait, and everything must go and iogo everything I don't know and m go.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I'm gonna take the cereal boxes and dump them and keep the boxes, or if I'm just gonna abandon them and just walk out and let let you know, college hunks hauling junk take care of it.
Speaker 2: College hunks hauling junk.
Speaker 1: It's one of those junk companies they take, you know, when you hundred got junk. It's one of those what maybe it's local. I think it's a franchise, Okay, but you know what, I gotta tell you something. When one of those college hunks hauling junk trucks drives by, they ain't a hunk in there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe it started off with like two or three hunks that started the company. But that one guy saw he looked like the guy sitting next to me in the bathroom the other day.
Speaker 2: Not a hunk. Okay, why were you staring at some of them while you were in a mean He.
Speaker 1: Came out of the stall, so I know who it was. And that guy in a hunk, I don't know, got it? And college hunks are not hauling junk anyway, I don't think they are. Maybe they could sponsor this podcast, you know what's insane? I really need to start doing what?
Speaker 2: Why is it that anytime you want to donate something to Goodwill or any other of these other places like one hundred the god Junk one, junk Luggers, let me tell you, they still charge you for the pickup. I'm giving you my piece of furniture that I don't want anymore, Just get rid of it. Why am I paying you two hundred dollars to haul it out? Like?
Speaker 1: Are they gonna sell it or donate it? What do they do with it?
Speaker 2: Because basically they donate things, but I don't know where. It's just it's there's I've moved a lot over the past seven eight years, and every apartment there's always stuff I want to give away, and they're always just like yeah, I mean you could drive it here, but if you can't, good luck.
Speaker 1: And basically it's just a glorified garbage truck is all it is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But if you watch like Hoarders Buried Alive, those junk trucks come and they just shovel stuff in. So they're definitely dumping that stuff somewhere for sure. But junk Luggers charges you.
Speaker 2: Every time junk Luggers comes, they charge you for the pick up of course, and it's insane.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I don't get it. I think they're just driving down the side of like some highway at two o'clock in the morning and just dumping the truck and driving away.
Speaker 2: I a really good business model would be picking up they could sort it. Yes, they could almost like evaluate what the worth of it is and then sell it online. And then it's almost like you have a warehouse full of like used things that people could just go buy things or donate it.
Speaker 1: Then that company gets a big tax right off, right, you know, which would pay for hauling your junk.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hum.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it's a good idea in theory.
Speaker 2: But it's it's expensive. If I'm moving already, on top of just a eight hundred dollars to move, I have to pay another two hundred just to get rid of something.
Speaker 1: But unless they are donating or selling it, why wouldn't you just call a carting company and have a dumpster in your driveway and just throw it out let them come pick it up.
Speaker 2: Because for people who live in apartments, you can't say, hey, okay, put this dumpster in the middle of the street just for me, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in a good part of the country, is you know suburbs? Yeah, I think I don't know. I mean there are some big cities, just a few.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yes, okay, okay, so whatever, I get it. But a garbage truck I don't understand. Yeah, anyway, should we go? Sure you want to? I can't have lunch with you today, and I cannot drive you home.
Speaker 2: I find I drove in today.
Speaker 1: I apologize for both of those things.
Speaker 2: It's fine, I drove in.
Speaker 1: What are you wearing to this funeral? A wedding?
Speaker 2: Wedding? Jesus? I have a Teal suit? Teal, Yeah, work Teal. And it's luckily my parents had an event the other couple weeks ago and I was in a panic and bought a dark Teal suit. So I just copy copying the look. I mean, it isn't a dark till which is blue much.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had a Teal car, but again, that was like it was cool for the first couple of months, and I was like, why am I driving a Teal Chevy Blazer. I look like such an idiot. I mean it was the nineties, but still, I I regret buying a teal car. Okay, that's that's one regret in life. Well, the suit looks nice, so that's a positive. It looked cool in the car carrier when it drove into the lot, you know.
Speaker 2: And I actually had a really okay, I actually had a really nice beige suit that I wore for a wedding I was in earlier this year. That was a really good one. It was actually called the Havana suit. Yeah, it suits a play, that's what they called it. I am going to play that all the damn time. I'm so I don't think you are. They're probably so sick of it. There, am My is in. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: Listening to this exciting episode of bull Chat. The sister podcast A Serial.
Speaker 2: Killers talked about saghetti today, we talked about SUV. We talked about what else. What are you gonna call this episode? I have no idea how do you think of those things? I just think of one thing that we talked about and I just put it in the time.
Speaker 1: You know we should do is as we were doing the show, you should jot things down because I always see you going back and listening, say what did we talk about? So you're gonna call this show like Holy Ronzoni or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good idea, bull chat Holy Ronzoni done.
Speaker 1: Do they have Ronzoni in the entire country? I know, I know it's a national brand, but yeah, some markets have like different big brands.
Speaker 2: I think they do.
Speaker 1: We have here Ronzoni, Gorilla, San Giorgio, the Red Box. You remember Prince Spaghetti that came back. I think they make any Canada. Now you don't remember that Wednesday was always Prince Spaghetti Day. It was a commercial in the seventies. No, and then they have tons of like artisanal brands and the store brand, like the pasta isle is almost like the serial isle. It's a big isle. It almost goes end to end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in seen how many pastas there are? Huh?
Speaker 1: And I said Gorilla, what's the other one? Reyos has pasta? Now right?
Speaker 2: The sauce people, yeah, m hm cool.
Speaker 1: Chow Francesco Rinaldi. I like that sauce. It's very short.
Speaker 2: But now we're just riffing. Well, the whole episodes are riff yeah, but now you're just like, I don't want to leave yet, all right, No, let's go all right?
Speaker 1: Well, let's do what they're doing. Well, it's because he was deaf, it is. Yes, Oh, well the volume's off. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's means goodbye, well bye.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, follow us on all social platforms at Serial Killers PC.
Speaker 2: What did you know who that guy was? Yeah? I mean he was literally he was signing everything.
Speaker 1: Sign language is a very good thing to know.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like in school and we are doing what pivoting, I'm just saying, I know, I wish they taught When things come up, we talk about it.
Speaker 2: I wish they taught ASL in all schools.
Speaker 1: They do offer it in the school, but it's not like one of the electives that you must take, so a lot of kids opt not to take it because it's either Spanish or French or Chinese.
Speaker 2: If anybody has a good reference to learn it with an instructor, I would love the links because that has been something since I was a kid I've wanted to learn.
Speaker 1: It made me sad because Cooper took some uage and she learned it. And do you remember when yeah the Uncle Johnny sign signed with Uncle Johnny, What a wonderful world. She signed the whole song. Yeah, and like, I don't think she could even remember it anymore. And it's sad because you got to keep up with stuff where you lose it.
Speaker 2: And it's super practical. I mean again, there's a lot more awareness of people with disabilities.
Speaker 1: And I think that's just like how yo ablo Espanol?
Speaker 2: I see, that's the thing, and that's what you have to know about languages. If you're not interested in it, it doesn't stick. I want to take French. My parents are like, no, Spanish is more practical. Do you know that? Now? Guess what? Who remembers anything of Spanish? Not me?
Speaker 1: I went to parent teacher conferences last week and the Spanish teacher only liked Spanish in the class. So I said, oh la, soy senor b And thank.
Speaker 2: You all so much for watching. We appreciate you guys. Have a great rest of your week. Hopefully we'll do a snack episode soon and a discussing dinner party and all those other fun things. Head to Serial KILLERSPC dot com to see all the serial rankings.
Speaker 1: Leave us a like in a review, would you like a snack?
Speaker 2: Not right now? Us a like and a review, hit the subscribe button and uh, yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you on a Monday with an all new serial Killers.
Speaker 2: That's people. We'll eat some cereal. Great did we record that yet? Maybe I'll have a nice uh tan from Cuba. A tan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always have a tan.
Speaker 2: Look at me? Do you have the bulls?
Speaker 1: Everyone always says to me, get the bulls. You're just a laying time. We don't need to make this a full hour, all right. The listeners want it. I get texts all the time from the same two people and they say, all right, Andrew, until we see you again. Say clink choo, clink.
Speaker 2: You have to say the right word clink.
Speaker 1: So people always say to me that you always are so tan. Okay, I say, I don't know. I just keep it. I've never gone tanning ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See look at me. Yeah, I'm all of I am too, right, Yeah, all right, hit it. Hey, bye bye,