Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to and that's what you really missed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part one.
Speaker 2: That's what I wish we were recapping.
Speaker 1: Why don't we have a Harry Potter podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, we probably know more about Harry Potter than we do about Glee. I think we'd probably be better at that.
Speaker 1: So okay, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our first Glee wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it feels like we have done a ton of weddings already, but we haven't.
Speaker 2: This is our first, right, yes, first and second because there are two in this.
Speaker 1: Episode, well sort of first and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one point five. So here's what we're doing. Season two, episode eight firt, that originally aired on November twenty third, two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Ten, Thanksgiving time. Like at G six, was number one, and a song of the of the week, Harry Potter Deathly Hollers Part one seven of eight Harry Potter Movies was number one. Kevin, do you remember when we went to see this?
Speaker 2: No? Oh wait, did we see it at Arc Light at midnight?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And did we dress up a little bit. Yes, yes, I have pictures from this.
Speaker 1: So now you know. This was the first Harry Potter movie I'd ever seen.
Speaker 2: What a weird movie to come in on because it is so unlike all the other movies. It's my favorite Harry Potter movie.
Speaker 3: It's one of It's David's two. He puts it on all the time, and I'm like, why this one?
Speaker 2: See, I do think, I guess in terms of ones I watch the most, not because it's my favorite. I feel like it's the easiest to watch.
Speaker 1: It's this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why, you crazy girlfriend, I'm talking about Goblet of Fire.
Speaker 1: Like that's easy.
Speaker 2: I've seen Gobin a Fire too many times. It is an issue.
Speaker 1: I have to doing them all too many times.
Speaker 2: The reason I like this movie because you asked. I think this section of the book is not great, and it's the only movie that I think improves upon what's written in the.
Speaker 3: Book fair enough. I have to agree. I have to agree. They really did do something with it. I'm not sure I loved it, but they did do something.
Speaker 2: I also think it's the best acting in the entire series.
Speaker 1: It's like watching an indie film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those three are acting.
Speaker 3: But yes, this was the first movie to come into and I was kind of confused, but I was just excited that everybody was so excited. So I was like into it. And that's when you let me all the books. And then I read all the.
Speaker 1: Books and then I got into the movies a little bit later. I had just refused to watch.
Speaker 3: The movies until I read the books, and then I finally read them all and watched and was like, this is what I've been missing. I can't believe I waited so long.
Speaker 2: But you didn't go back and read all the books, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw this movie.
Speaker 3: Then I was like, all right, I got to pop on the train. So then I got on all the books and then I went to the movies.
Speaker 1: I refused. I would not watch the movies without but except for you know.
Speaker 2: Part one, good for you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm so glad I did. I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we have that time of Harry Potter being clossover. No, if Harry Potter liked being untainted by the turf, oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, absolutely, it was such a pure, a purer, more innocent time.
Speaker 2: So also this week in Glee News, the American Music a warts happened, Darren meets Katy Perry, but the other boys we had already met Katy Perry because we had hosted the Teen Choice Awards with her No Big Deal, Chancie, and then shortly after we will be in her music video for Last Friday Night Fun, which I had to run out of a gay club a couple of weeks ago because they started playing it and I was really embarrassed, so I walked.
Speaker 1: Out, why are you embarrassed? It's such a great video.
Speaker 2: It is a great video. I don't know, because then you know, Mike friends and people started looking at me.
Speaker 3: It's like, hey, yeah, yeah, I hear that. Very exciting though. We'll have to talk about that one yes, when we get there. This episode was a new, brand new director, one and only Carol Banker, who was a part of the Glee crew for since season one, and she was the script supervisor. And now you obviously know that sometimes people asked to direct are interested in it and eventually they get a yes and Carol put in her time. So Carol's script supervisor, which, for people who don't know, there's a script supervisor on every every day on set, and they are taking copious amounts of notes on continuity. So if your hair was up in the last scene and in a red dress, then they make sure and they're the wardrobe. They turn the wardrobe to people like turn to them and are like, what day is this and then they're like, oh, she was in the red dress with their hair up, and then we have photo proof to refer to. And it's just all these crazy things. I did not explain that very well, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean even within a scene, it's like, if there's a take your first few takes, if you turn your head and let's say Jenna, your hair is down and half of it moves from behind your shoulder Tom in front of your shoulder, then that's what you need to do to match that every single time now and Carol, because we had so many people on our show, the script supervisor is paying attention to that many actors all at once. They're also making sure you're saying all the correct dialogue. If you drop a word, if you add a word, if you're improving, that person is going to come in and be like, so here's the actual line, and you do need to do it as written for all of the characters in every scene, every single take, all the time. And they also are taking the notes because they sit with the director and the DP and watch the takes and sometimes the director will be like, Okay, that's the take I want, so they can also mark those things down that this is the director's preferred take in the moment for the edit. So it is a huge job, huge responsibility, but they see everything because they're sort of at the epicenter where all the departments are talking to the director, to the DP and they're all going to that little area where the script supervisor sits. So Carol Banker got to step on up and then you know, shortly after then she goes off to direct all kinds of different things series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for that, much better excellently than nonsense. Yeah, So Carol does this one, and this is one of many that she will also do on Glee. And we've got some special guest stars. We have the one and only Carol Burnett.
Speaker 1: It's very Carols.
Speaker 2: I watched this last night, and I watched the season finale, series finale of The Marvelous Missus Masel right after not realizing that there's a person playing Carol Burnett. And a young Carol Burnette in the finale of Mazel And then I woke up today and Carol Burnett is trending.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's just a lot of Carol Burnette because she's an icon.
Speaker 1: Well, there's also a lot of Carols.
Speaker 3: We have Carol Banker, Carol Burnett, and Carol Hudson Humble.
Speaker 2: That's right, almost, yeah, she becomes Hudson Humble in this episode, right, I mean, how I mean, it was really special to talk to Jane when she was on about getting to work with Carol Burnett. How crazy you know?
Speaker 1: That is very surreal, very surreal.
Speaker 3: And also talking about Jane mentioned marrying herself, which I did not think was going to come so quickly.
Speaker 2: I did not think it was in this episode.
Speaker 1: I thought it was in like season six because it sounds like a season six move. Fair enough, very good, that's right.
Speaker 3: Tell me about the tell me about the songs in this episode.
Speaker 2: So we have Ohio, the song Ohio, marry you, sway and just the Way you Are. It's like a many early Bruno Mars tribute episode.
Speaker 3: Right. And then the overview of this episode is that Burt and Carroll announced that they got engaged, and Kurt takes on all the wedding planning and hires new Directions to perform at the wedding.
Speaker 1: Finn is a little hesitant, obviously for personal reasons. Sue also decides that she's going to get married, but she's gonna marry herself, and her mom comes to town. The one really Carol Burnett, and Sue is still principal and she is actually going to advocate for Kurt, so that is the overview.
Speaker 2: The real big star of this episode really is Carol Burnett. We've had a lot of really famous people on the show Legends, but I feel like Carol Burnett is a TV legend, yeah, icon. And what was wild for me watching this was knowing how much Jane admires her. And obviously this is not surprising, but the whole time I was watching Jane interact with Carol in character, I was just thinking about how much fun and also how hard it must be to stay in character, because I know when you're in scenes with a legendary actor, you're also sometimes aware of I am watching this really famous, incredibly talented person in front of me right now. Obviously, if you're like really talented, like Jane. You're probably just in it and you're doing the job. But it was so weird to see Jane play So Sylvester next to Carol Burnett. Yes, yes, because I wanted her to just be Jane and like fawn over her.
Speaker 3: Right, and she was not doing that is not the character at all. So it's yeah, I must have been. I can only imagine. It's like very out outer body.
Speaker 2: It's very out of like their number together was just phenomenal. So let's talk about this storyline. We'll cook because this is the smaller storyline that happens in this but they do it in big way. So Carol Burnette shows up in Principal Sylvester's office, right, and we learned that she is Suceivester's mother and she's a famous Nazi hunter.
Speaker 1: We really love the Nazi hunters. Engley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only it's very I mean, it's quite funny and they sort of go at it. Sue Sylvester has this complicated relationship with her mother and she overhears that Sue has decided that she's going to marry herself because Rod Reminkin is getting married and she's really embarrassed and furious about it. So no one can love her like herself, so she's going to marry herself. And Mama Sevester comes in is like, this is really sad and pathetic and has all these insults and it's a lot of you know, you abandon us, you abandon your daughters, you abandon me. I've been taking care of us, Like where have you been? And she's like, well, you know, off killing nazis right, But she's so funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I know that's zero percent surprising that Kara Bournette is funny, right, but way to sell a qui storyline.
Speaker 1: A wild storyline.
Speaker 3: But then at the root of it, to be fair, and I don't know if this is just the magic of them where like or I mean a combination of the writing and the magic of them where it really does come back to a mother and daughter, right Like at the end, it really is just about in the in the auditorium, they're really that's the foundation of it.
Speaker 1: Is like a kind of a broken family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, this is crazy, and I'm glad that there's a voice for reason that Doris is like, this is kind of crazy, but even more so it's funny because Doris is like, I can't believe that you're not letting me be a more central part of your wedding, right the age old you know, mother parents involved in the weddings.
Speaker 2: So did you love this number that they did together?
Speaker 3: I mean when she opened her mouth, I was like, right, right, right, right, that's Carol Burnett.
Speaker 2: It's wonderful that I also forgot Carol Burnett can sing, she can do everything.
Speaker 1: And it's a simple They just you know, like just let them do their thing, but.
Speaker 2: Not it's like not everybody can pull off that, you know, the dialogue in the middle of the song, and like they're both comedic geniuses. And they told the line of what you said of you know, identifying and representing that storyline the mother and daughter relationship that is serious but also in the context of the absurdity of what's going on in the situation around them, and it's just so beautifully done and puts the rest of us to absolute change.
Speaker 3: Jane, Yeah, I forgot how good that number was, and when I launched it, I was like, oh, right, this number, I think I don't remember it well. Right, It's probably because we were like, oh, this doesn't include us. Let's just go when we were back back in the day, you know, Well.
Speaker 2: That was one of those things too where it's like we got to have some of those amazing people on, but if we didn't interact with them exactly, and it wasn't even like we read the scripts. It wasn't that we were skipping it. It was that we were probably in dance rehearsal or recording or something, so we just.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't meet Carol, did you.
Speaker 2: I think I did actually, or I saw her like we had a conversation as a group on the New York backlot, which is, you know, where our stages were. I think I did see her for a second, and it was just I don't think I spoke. I was sort of an awe.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you say to the queen?
Speaker 2: So Sue decides to you know, if she's marrying herself, she's officiating the wedding. The wedding happens.
Speaker 1: At Jeans home.
Speaker 2: Jane is also just so talented as well. The three together just they are.
Speaker 1: It was a really crazy family.
Speaker 3: They really sold like a very kind of broken family, and it was really heart breaking.
Speaker 2: As crazy as it is that Adida's wedding dress is phenomenal. Carol Burnette's reaction to it is also phenomenal. She was all of us, she was.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous, it's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 3: Lou Irich at her has her crazy, wonderful genius again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the Doris says that she still thinks this whole thing is absolutely crazy, and she's sad that she's not a part of more a part of the wedding. And and then Sue gives it to her, gives it to her mom. So she's a bully, which is then you are like, oh, I see where she Sylvester got it from. I see why she is the way she is, and you know, it's just her and Jean, and Sue says, you know, when I finally began to like who I am, when I stopped trying to please you, burn Burn burn burn is very It was the most profound thing I've heard you say.
Speaker 1: All right, and then Doris is uninvited to the wedding. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: That's that's a wrap on doors.
Speaker 3: And that's and that's a wrap on Carolbournett, and that's rap on Sue marrying Sue.
Speaker 2: And there it is, there, it is so the real meat of this episode is the wedding that happens in record time.
Speaker 1: I thought. I was like already.
Speaker 2: I was like, we don't want to just drag this wedding preparation out for a couple episodes.
Speaker 1: Right, No, that's not the Kurt's just a magician, that's not the Ryan Murphy style. No.
Speaker 2: No, they want to introduce it and wrap it up within forty two minutes.
Speaker 3: So Bert and Carol's surprise Kurt in fin at school and they tell them that they got engaged. And Kurt is so excited. He's got the wedding planning under He's got it, you know, from the trunk full of wedding liazines under his bed instead of all the other things that boys have under the bed. And Finn is seemingly not so excited. He's a bit shocked. Feels a bit soon probably, And Burt and carrellly going to Waikiki for their honeymoon take me with You, and Bert wants a really good band, so Kurt is going to enlist new directions to because we're a really good band.
Speaker 2: We're a great band, a wedding band. We have a band that place with us, that is a really band that's actually a band. Yeah, so glee wedding. So simultaneously what's going on with Kurt, right, is that Kurt's getting bullied by Krowski still, and there's this power dynamic and shift where Finn is feeling sort of pushed aside because he felt like he was blindsided by this whole wedding. Kurt's taking the lead, I'm gonna take it over. And then at the same time, Kurt's getting bullied and shoved aside, and Finn was not stepping up to the plate as now he's about to be his step brother, and everyone wants Finn to be a leader, and Kurt is like, you are the leader. You need to step up, and like I'm going to teach you to learn a dance for this wedding, and you're gonna give yourself and you're gonna give your mom away and all these things, and Finn is just sort of resistant to all of it. But he's like, actually, you're right, I can be a leader if I step up and I learned to dance. But then when he's actually push comes to shove, and it's time for the glee club to enlist him because the girls have this great scene, right where all of you girls pull together who have boyfriends on the football team or boyfriends, right, and you're going to enlist their help to go after Krofsky, to threaten Krossky, like stay away from Kurt. And when Finn's approached about it, he's like, I can't, it's going to jeopardize you know, football team, my future. But at the same time, it's like Sam's also trying to get his spot back as quarterback. But when the time comes and they actually do approach Krofsky about it, Sam steps up in a big way and gets into that fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that locker see room scene was really great. So when the girls enlist the boys to do it.
Speaker 1: They go and.
Speaker 3: They really do confront Krossky and he's kind of cornered, And I was.
Speaker 2: Proud of the boys for all the stupid things they do to this. This is good, No, it was.
Speaker 3: It was really good, and it gave the the storyline some more gravity that people were actually taking it a little bit more seriously or giving it more notice and attention, which I thought, like, Okay, finally they were not just saying like, oh, yeah, there's nothing we can do, which is a whole other thing.
Speaker 1: In the principal's office.
Speaker 2: Well it also like, yeah, did make up for a couple of episodes ago when Kurt really was getting the shit beat out of him by nobody? Is yeah, and she was just like, I know, you're not happy. Where at least they you know, they took her into the principal's office and Sue really grounded is explaining that nobody saw it. You weren't hurt this time, right, And he doesn't really feel yet that he you know, his life was threatened, right, And so nothing really happens, and then they go after Kofski to try to.
Speaker 3: What did you guys have have like a stunt double or anything for you falling out of the wait and everything that's not you.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: No, they wouldn't let us do any stunts.
Speaker 1: I was very impressed because I thought thought it was you that went down.
Speaker 2: No, there was no even if we even suggested, like nope, but that's fine. I mean, there are incredibly talented stunt people. That's their profession. Leave it to the professionals totally, except I was pushing to the pool. That was me, but because that was not planned. But besides that, yeah, we had we had an incredible stunt team.
Speaker 3: Yes we did, and yeah, Sam really takes a beating for him and really and really goes to goes to the map no, but intended with with Krofski for Kurt and that, Yeah, they gave the whole thing a little bit more gravity. So yeah, I think that was frustrating to me. When Sue takes them into the office and even though she really is advocating for him and is actually taking this seriously and not you know, just kind of being Sue, it was It's upsetting because that's crazy that all of that that happened still wasn't enough to get Kroftski, you know, suspended.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's not like, I mean every time that happened, he was in the hallway full of kids. So it's not like there's not witnesses to any of this happening exactly, but at least, I mean, I guess better late than ever that it's finally being addressed because we need it for this other plot point that happens at the end. Right, So then this wedding happens and Santana approaches Finn Frankentine, which was Corey's Twitter handle for a long time, and it was like, look, if you want to be a leader and get your cool status back, then like we should maybe tell everyone that we did it last year. And he's like, I can't. This is sweet. This is the fincial, you know, relationship that we all know and love. Where he's like, I can't tell her because I love her and I don't want to break her heart and it's going to break her heart. But their scene was so great together.
Speaker 1: I really like Santana Infant together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're very good together. Yes, it was sort of similar also in like real life, where they're obviously very different people, but to me, they sort of filled similar roles amongst like our friend group. They were really good at getting us all together. They were all about the camaraderie and making sure like we stayed together and stayed friends, whether it was events or house parties, whatever it was right they and they were also just two of like the nicest and funniest people right like they always, I don't know, were mirrors to me of each other.
Speaker 1: So interesting. I didn't think about it because.
Speaker 2: They're completely they're so different, but it was almost their dynamic within our ranks was similar. Yeah, like they operated two different ways, but what they were trying to accomplish was the same. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, totally, I just didn't say it that way.
Speaker 2: They're very, very talented actors, and so yeah, getting to watch some plays wild the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we get to the church, they get married.
Speaker 2: Did you know the song marry You before this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I had never heard it before. Oh, it was so fairly new.
Speaker 1: It was fairly new.
Speaker 3: I was running that album into the ground though at that point, so I think that's why I knew it and was very excited for it.
Speaker 2: How fun were these two days at this church?
Speaker 1: I mean the most fun.
Speaker 3: First of all, that number Mary was specifically was ridiculous, and it was so much I remember rehearsing it.
Speaker 2: I think very rehearsed it.
Speaker 3: It was a very quick It was like Zach and Brooke like running down the aisle being like do this or have fun and be stupid and you know, go for it.
Speaker 2: And it was really sweet. All these pairings and groupings.
Speaker 3: Yes, I really had a great time filming this and Romi, which we hadn't really worked with Romy all that much yet. And yeah, and we love Romy and we loved Romy and we loved watching her do her thing with Finn. But you know, it's a lot of Corey and and romy To. So when romy came to this wonderful wedding, she's like, what are we doing here? She comes with this stuffel bag into our trailers and is like pulls out like I got patron. She literally brought the kids patron.
Speaker 2: But I will say she did not tell she had patron until we got to the reception, when we weren't really doing anything. Yeah, you know, we had to like really perform marry you and all that. Oh yeah, sit through that emotional scene. But when we were tequila at that point, No, there was a lot of like hours and hours of us sitting at those tables in the reception room.
Speaker 1: I bought her from my memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just remember. I don't remember performing at the reception at all, zero record. I just remember sitting at that table for hours.
Speaker 1: You know why, though, Kevin is because it was really quick.
Speaker 3: We really shot that really quickly, so they spent a lot of time on Sway.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sway took a very long time, and I remember the time. Yes.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about what we talked about last week'st in the teaser for last week's episode.
Speaker 1: Diana, Leah, Me and me at the time were vegetarians pescatarians. If you will we eat fish. Yeah. Diana was like, I think gravy meat and I was like me too. She's like she was just have some meat and I was like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's like and then came Wendy's. Who got the Wendy's?
Speaker 2: So I was trying to remember this. I think Transpo. I think Transpo Seth.
Speaker 1: It was close by. That's why they were.
Speaker 2: I think they were maybe running to Wendy's get lunch for themselves.
Speaker 1: We're like, can you get it for twenty of us?
Speaker 2: It was just like the three or it was like three or four of us. I think it was just the three of us.
Speaker 1: That's chicken sandwich man, and.
Speaker 2: We sat on our trailer floor. Oh, the two of you break that pescatarianism before my eyes, and you were both so worried you're going to get sick. Neither of you did. Now you're fine because maybe it's not real chicken.
Speaker 1: It probably wasn't. It's probably rubber but so good.
Speaker 3: But it was delicious and also, like we barely ever got to go shoot on location.
Speaker 2: We were on the stages of Paramount all the time, and so we were somewhere at a church it felt like Kid's house. Were out there's patron and chicken sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, and we had a great time. It was also did I think they were like paparazzi shots as well, because we were always on the lot, So I was also you know, an early time for us of having to experience paparazzi in that way while we're shooting.
Speaker 3: Yes, because when we shot sectionals and regils last time, there wasn't a lot of paparazzi. But as we started to get to these bigger like locations and people found out they would have to put base camp behind like fences or gates or put up walls for us because it got a little crazy starting probably now, you're right, there were a lot.
Speaker 1: Of paparazzi shots. Do you remember we went to that park?
Speaker 2: Yes, the Swings.
Speaker 3: So we found a park at lunch and we walked to the park and we got on the swings and we're in our red dresses. I am with the flowers on our hair, with sweatpants under swinging. Yeah, the Swings. We were really living our lives.
Speaker 1: We were like, we're right.
Speaker 2: Because I felt like we didn't have a lot to do. We're in a lot of the wedding, but I don't I think there's a lot of setup.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Roamy, a lot of extras, a lot of Mike, a lot of Kurt and Finn.
Speaker 1: So I feel like we were like, wo, just having a ball.
Speaker 2: I would like to point out two serious things. The Bert and Carol vows.
Speaker 4: Just kill me now. It was really really how I have goosebumps now. Those two they to deliver us a hawk. I want them to be in everything, everywhere, all at once. I love them so much. They're so good together. I mean, we were so lucky that we were surrounded by so many talented actors to.
Speaker 1: Lift us up.
Speaker 2: You know, growing up, Michael Maalley was the host of that Nickelodeon.
Speaker 3: Show Global Guts and then Global Guts, and I had no idea just how good of an actor and a good man, like just a good person.
Speaker 1: Now sometimes you just got to pay the bills.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get it, as I've a host that shows myself.
Speaker 3: No, he's really such a wonderful man, such a wonderful man, what a talented bunch and the.
Speaker 2: Other thing, the other aspect of this, because Finn's been you know when the Glee club boys minus Finn confronted Kurowski, I mean Tina really went hard on him, saying, you know, everyone was there except Finn, and he was feeling it. And I think during that wedding ceremony he really realized I messed up and I need to somethings are more important. We're now family and he does this whole number to surprise Kurt, and it's so sweet two together. Oh my, Michael Malley's face. When Michael Mallley realizes what's going on, you have to look at his face. Right before kurkly Finn go get Carol and Bert from the table to join them, he is just on the verge of breaking into tears and it is this I'm full goosebumps right now. Can you see it on camera? I don't know if you can see it, no, but it was I you know when you see a parent cry, Oh God, And it was just so sweet.
Speaker 3: No, it's really Corey too knows how to really give a good, good monologue.
Speaker 1: He knows how to deliver.
Speaker 2: And we had had so much tequila by that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, probably all those.
Speaker 2: Reactions of us dancing to Sway, I was like, do we look drunk?
Speaker 1: Probably the record.
Speaker 2: We didn't get drunk. I don't think any of us got drunk. We just like took a shot this time. No, we were scared and like ROMI also was not trying to get anybody in trouble, and so like we were just you know, one little shot, just for a.
Speaker 1: Little sippy, for good measure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just but maybe this was the beginning of what caused Blame it on the alcohol. So let's just mark this.
Speaker 1: Let's see Roy's fault, It's Romy's fault.
Speaker 3: So then yeah, so Finn redeems himself, Carol and Bert are married, there's a new union, and we get into this much more serious, deeper storyline where we've mentioned Krofsky is still tormenting Kurt and he he really gets in his face this time around, and Kurt says, he feels like he's in a horror movie where he just never knows what's going to happen, and he doesn't know what cross he is capable of, capable, well.
Speaker 1: Tina capable of that. He you know, after his life has been threatened.
Speaker 3: And to wrap it all up, I mean, Sue has really advocated for Kurt. She's like, there's not a lot I can do, but if I see it myself, I really will. I will come for him, and I will I will get him out for you.
Speaker 2: Well, and Kurt admits to Finn and Bert that well, he admits to Finn right that like his life was threatened. And then we go into like a whole different gear, right, and then Sue is like, no, no, no, no, we're not doing this. You're expelled, You're out, and I appreciate it. Also, you know how they portrayed the Krofsky dad and right because he didn't believe his son, right, he knows something's up. And they bring Kurt back in like, look, because there are no witnesses to any of this, we can't we can't expel him. So he's coming back to school. And then Sue says, Figgins is coming back. I can't help you from this office, but if I'm in the hallways, I can be another set of eyes eyes, right, and I can.
Speaker 1: Help you well.
Speaker 3: And then to rewind a little bit, Bert Bert is being helped by Kurt and Finn.
Speaker 1: With his dancing right right.
Speaker 3: They're helping Bert and he sees Krofsky, and at this point Finn knows about the threat, and Bert's like, what is that? And Krofsky's kind of like walking by the hallway, and Finn's like, if you don't tell him, I will, So m Kurt has to tell Bert what happens, and Bert comes charging out as a father should and would do again another wonderful performance by Mike O'Malley, just taking Kofski down Zong as far as anybody will let him, and let a grown man take a child down or a teen, And so that's kind of what kick starts Burt finding out, that's how Bert finds out, yes, and then we fast forward to where we just left off, where Krofsky's coming back to school, and so Carol and Bert obviously take as the parents and as the voice of reason should, and the people in control tell Kurt that they're going to take their honeymoon money and they're going to give it to him for a Dalton. So Kurt comes into the choir room, misters, she's all excited to give him a solo for regionals, which probably wouldn't lie anyway, you know, Rachel's going to get it, and Kurt says that he is leaving, and everybody's really kind of taking this seriously. But I don't think this seriously up to this point more serious enough.
Speaker 1: Where we're going to lose Kurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I understood, like like zero tolerance and I wouldn't feel safe there.
Speaker 1: And good for Kurt.
Speaker 2: I love you know, Holp said everyone is because oh yeah, again, like the this show being on a network in twenty ten and you have the gay character who's arguably one of the biggest characters on the show and beloved by all the other characters in the show, and to see how that affects them, where he's become so popular and so vital to their friend group and glee club, and it was just really profound and moving to me in that way. And Amber getting up and just saying Kurt and there's no other line, and it's like, broke my heart.
Speaker 3: No where it's one of us, and he's also going to be competing against us.
Speaker 2: Of course Rachel points that out immediately, but fair because the next episode.
Speaker 1: It's so exciting special education. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Side note, This other thing that happened during this episode was Sam and Quinn. Sam is fully obsessed with Quinn basically proposes and like, here's a promise. Why She's like, no, you're crazy. But after watching how he's stuck up for Kurt, by the end of the episode, she's like, you didn't even notice somewhere in your ring and it was just really sweet, you know, a little like sub storyline that was woven in there. And they're really sweet together, and he's making her feel comfortable after having a terrible previous year, right, and yeah, really they're just really cute to get too. So that's the episode. Should we get into some tarty takes real quick, let's do it? Okay, my cringe. As much as I love everything else happening, it Sue marrying herself and like kissing her own hand really made me feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: It made me really a control that I don't even want to talk about. Yeah, exactly, I'll take that one too.
Speaker 2: Best dance move, I mean Everyone's little thing, very yeah, so cute, what a cute thing.
Speaker 1: Best song.
Speaker 2: I would say, marry you.
Speaker 1: I would say just the way you are.
Speaker 2: They're both great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best performance by a prop oh, I mean my ribbons are pretty great. I will say the tequila camera working.
Speaker 2: And the best lines, I mean the vows.
Speaker 1: The vows are great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So this is the one, this whole really, I really love Jane's performance.
Speaker 1: She just.
Speaker 3: Played this the seriousness of Kirk being bullied and harassed and threatened so beautifully with the comedy of Sue Sylvester. She always does it so beautiful, but this one in particular, when she's like, it was so serious about him being her assed and how there's not a lot she could do and you know.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But then she says she's calling him a lady, and he's like, that's actually bullying, and she's like, okay, noted, and then the term is so fast, but it's so serious. In the delivery, she says, I'll allow you to choose from the following nicknames then Gilfling, Porcelain, and chicklemy Dove, and Chris says, I guess I'll go with Porcelain.
Speaker 2: She's like, I was really hoping protect so good, very funny. So the ship we found on TikTok, let's do it never. Ben Finer on TikTok posted the Sesame Street parody of Glee No and said never forget the most accurate parody of Glee ever. And they talked about the letter G. No, it's called G stop and it's a full recreation of the set. The characters all in Sesame Street form.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not regionals, it's genals.
Speaker 1: Is it real? This is really Sesame Street did this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What, it's incredible, It's absolutely incredible. You find a song with a letter G Sylvester, there's everybody. It is stop crazily good. I don't understand how these things happen.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: There's a song.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone go look at that because it's phenomenon.
Speaker 3: So the puppets look really similar, Okay, okay, wow wow.
Speaker 2: So never Ben finer like Ben as in b e N. It's just even the other voices like Mercedes not Mercedes. I could go on. I won't keep you anymore. You go check it out for yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, join us next week for episodes Sprasial Education in some competition.
Speaker 1: That's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time,