Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Master along with Tim Stanevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move with us, as Bloomberg News crosss A reporter Dana Sakhova. Perfect, thank you. We actually just got schooled on the right way to say it. I just did.
Speaker 3: It wasn't from me, it was from Tim. He started campaign. He was like, this is how your name is pronounced. But I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't tell you that.
Speaker 3: He's very sweet.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't tell you that. No, No, you were doing it. Here's the real story, because I'm not like mansplaining somebody's name just to you know, make.
Speaker 1: For everybody knows your name.
Speaker 4: And I said, I wrote her an email and I said, we've been I've been saying it wrong for what three years? At this point, You've been great. Okay, we'll use both.
Speaker 3: I use both. You're all amazing.
Speaker 4: We are happy to have you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, all right, so let's get to some stocks on the move. Alphabet So there's one of the big mag seven's Alphabet.
Speaker 3: Pretty rough day for Alphabet. We've been talking about AI war when it comes to talent, talent AI war, but there is no clear show than what we're seeing in Alphabet. Today the stock fell as much as seven point two percent, the biggest intro day drop since February. The ticker, of course is Google. The big move today is Google deep Mind vice president John Jumper leaving. The announcement came over the weekend. He's going to Entropic. He won the twenty twenty four Nobel Price in Chemistry for his work in artificial intelligence. Clearly very important member of the team. He was a very important member of the AI coding development team. And this is the second big departure in a very short amount of time. We saw Noam Shazir also depart but going to Open Ai and this talent the talent war is crazy, and we hear that good was behind on those AI coding twos, and then you go to Open Ai and Tropic and they're really really ramping up. That's kind of the next wave and that you can see Google has down so much. It's up only ten percent this year, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: We went to the sphere last week we saw The Wizard of Oz, the new AI version that is cut down from a longer movie to just about a little over an hour, and at the end the credits showed Google's huge team that worked on the AI for this, you know, James Dolen version of The Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 1: Can we just say the credit roll after that alone was just amazing And those.
Speaker 4: Are all the people that worked on the new version of the new version.
Speaker 1: But how much technology was obviously involved in making that happen, right, It was kind of wild. Yeah, we're looking at just the different entities that were.
Speaker 4: Well, there's also just the interesting sort of corporate story about this, which is that it's an MGM movie, but it's now owned by Warner Brothers Discovery. So Zaslov was mentioned too in the credits. But you know, I think we were the only ones in the whole sphere who cared about that.
Speaker 1: Pictures like get the credits off and we're like, oh my god, what about AI? It's exactly all right, where do you want to go? Now?
Speaker 3: SpaceX, which is also AI story. Everything is AI story. SpaceX is down for third straight day. Of course, we have the volatility after ip O. This is pretty normal. But what we have here is the company selling investment grade bonds. We reported this earlier last week, but clearly that adds up to some of the volatility. The stock keeps falling. Ticker is a sp c X. It fell as much as twelve percent on Monday, kind of got worse during the day, and then don't remember, don't forget on Wednesday and Thursday we get another eight percent drop, still significantly above that IPO price. But we're talking about twenty billion from first Born offering, and knowing even Musk and the whole ecosystem of companies, he said, you know, he likes to borrow and wants to do this big investment.
Speaker 4: In a They just raised seventy five well actually eight five billion dollars when you throw.
Speaker 1: In for j that AI stuff is expensed.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've all talked about right that you're going to have to tap both debt and credit debt excuse me, and equity markets, and so that's exactly what you're seeing. But you know, it just depends where this all goes. Just got about thirty seconds. What do you want? The last one?
Speaker 3: Another AI story getting images sort as much as one hundred and forty five percent, now up about eighty percent. Ticker is g E T y uh. They have a new licensing deal with Open the Eye. They've been kind of pushing back against AI for some time. Now they have this licensing deal. The stock was down fifty five percent before this. What we know is that images from its library will appear in the search and discovery feature of CHGPT. Much more to be disclosed, but definitely an interesting trends.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: Story too too, But I mean, what's an AI version of an actual image going to look like?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe've governorship of it right, like I just I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The stock movers from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.