Speaker 1: Guard talk.
Speaker 2: How did you know, did it feel like football today.
Speaker 1: When you can sustain longer drives or explosive drives, whatever it is, you don't have penalties on first and second down, you're not turned the ball over. Yes, that's Niners football.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We usually a really good drop protaking the ball and not getting penalties. And that's what you guys saw today and the last couple of weeks. That's all I've been saying is as long as we don't turn the ball over a bunch and we don't have penalties on first and second down, we're gonna score a lot of points. And you kind of saw that too in the first second quarter or whatever it was, where we had to like I think we kick the field goal and we had a punt because we had penalties on first down. As long as we can eliminate those things, our offense is enough really really good football players to get yards stay on the field, and it's the same long drives.
Speaker 2: And this was the first time that Rock you'd got into a game with a few games where he'd made some turnovers and kind of had to as back against the wall a little bit. How do you feel that he he responded to that challenge.
Speaker 3: No, I just go back to this. Brock started like forty plus games in college. He had highest of highs. He's had the lowest of lows.
Speaker 1: Like he's dealt with mistakes, he's he's had bad games in college, and so this was his confidence is still there, and that's all I wanted to, you know, continue to doing. He knows how to, you know, bounce back. And I don't think Brock played poorly last couple of games. Yeah, sure there's a throw to he probably wants back, but if you look at the tape, he's still playing at a high level those three weeks that we lost, and just this time we were able to not turn the ball over, not penalties, and so we're able to be out there and you can see the type of quarterback that Brock is.
Speaker 3: Obviously, did you he has to watch out in the pocket.
Speaker 1: I've not seen it yet, but all I know is that Brock's really good in the pocket, and h when he has confidence in his skill players, he's gonna sit.
Speaker 3: In the pocket and give you an opportunity, which is what he gave me.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know what's fun is you come in at halftime and you know, you sit down as an offense and Kyle brings up like, hey, these are the eight to ten players that I want to get ran this half. And that play was the second player of the half and that was not on those that was not up there, and uh, you know, I don't know if Kyle talked about it, but he's like, second to one, they always go man coverage and so motion over there, we're in uh twenty two personels, so two tight ends, two running backs, and a wide receiver and it gives me a one on one versus linebacker.
Speaker 3: Which I'll take that any day of the week for anybody.
Speaker 1: So it was a great call by Kyle to get us in the right play, and it was exactly what we wanted it to be. It was exactly how we drew it up. Uh So I'm just you know, thankful that Kyle called that played.
Speaker 3: You know, it's really difficult to get that open.
Speaker 1: I saw the guy f I saw him fall and I was like, I know it was I knew it was man coverage too. I was like, well, I knew the safety went to the other way cause he's covering someone else. So I just you know, had the you know, have some fun going into the en zone. I probably won't ever walking again, cause I'm gonna yell at for that, but yeah, at least I didn't drop the ball before I got into the end zone.
Speaker 3: Room in your career after he fell, Yes, yeah, that was really fun. We should do that more often.
Speaker 2: Are you taking us to the emotional journey of the touchdown pass that went.
Speaker 1: To Brandon over your head?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kind of talked about this, but I heard like three times, like, you know, is that a great decision my Brock?
Speaker 3: Well, since it worked, it was a great decision.
Speaker 1: But like every time I see a quarterback, you know, rolling out to his left and throwing back to the right, I just think about Brett Favre and the Vikings in the playoffs and like it's one of the biggest no nos except when it works. And it was funny too, because you know, Brandon's running the corner, I'm running across and Brock psych you know, like nodding his head for us to go back. But he was like I was talking to the defense. I was trying to sell it to the defense. I wanted you guys keep running. Yeah, well, my bad Brock me Brandon both fell for it too, but uh, you know, I went over my head a little bit and I was like, hopefully there's someone else there that's not a defensive player. And I look around and Brandon's scoring a touchdown, And I'm just happy for Brandon to get back in the end zone because he had two against Pittsburgh and it's been kind of a dry spall for him. But you know, it's a fun day when you know all the skill positions score. Unfortunately not Christian, but you know, when you're tied in a fullbacker scoring, that's great.
Speaker 3: That's great football.
Speaker 1: Telep How do you think Rock was just as far as scramming, because that's what you did on that When he's he's created a lot of players for you guys season, what does that.
Speaker 3: Bring you off?
Speaker 1: When you have a quarterback who can run a little bit and he is a threat in the run game, and he also like he believes in his legs and he can out run guys, it just allows plays to develop a little bit longer. You know, not everything has to be a three step, five step drop, seven step drop throw. When you can do a little bit of extra it's really hard to play defense and cover guys for five seconds.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: And especially if there's like not a lot of pressure and the quarterbacks out on the side, that's where you get all the legal contacts, just get the pass, the references or you know, if you're playing man coverage, it's really difficult to guard guys that long. So it just allows our offensive players, who are skill guys, like I said, they're very talented, allows us to work a little bit longer and get.
Speaker 2: Open Ebo and from back in the line.
Speaker 1: You know, what Deebo brings to the table is a lot, you know, especially where we line them up. When you can move him and Christian you interchange them. The defense has to account for a lot of stuff, and then you you've taken all of our motions and all that stuff. There's a lot going on for the defensive process every single play, and when you have that capability, it'll you know, just gets the defense kind of on on their heels a little bit and then you can attack them with Debo, you can throw a route to Chrish and so that's huge for our offense just to have that diversity, whatever you want to call it. And then you go look at Trent Williams and what Trent does is besides being you know, the first bout Hall of Famer left tackle still playing at a very high level. His confidence that he brings into the huddle is fantastic. The way he gets guys hype from before drives in the middle of drives, he's incredibly encouraging. Just when you have a guy like that who's a very vocal leader too in the huddle, it just brings everybody up around him. And then also he print doesn't really need chips or anything like that. He just kind of man handles anybody that he goes against, and it's very it's very fun to play with someone that's probably the best ever do at his position.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys,