Speaker 1: He is drinks chants, motherfucking podcast make He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't segregate as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pyoneer.
Speaker 1: What Up?
Speaker 2: It's d J E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players. You me and the most.
Speaker 3: Professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 2: MO day is New Year c That's it's time for drink Champs. Drink up? Motherfuck? Would it good? Be hoping?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 2: What is to be?
Speaker 4: This your boy in O R E? What's DJ E f N? And this motherfucking drink Champs? Crazy World Hour?
Speaker 2: Make some.
Speaker 4: Whre Me and E Finn started this show. We said we won to base it on legends. This man that we have today, he's not only a legend, he's an icon.
Speaker 2: He can do anything.
Speaker 4: I witnessed it, from acting to rapping, to walk in on your hands on stage.
Speaker 2: To fight and crime that night like Batman last night. Right, he can do it all. I literally sint it.
Speaker 4: We literally we went through his whole discography and literally we didn't we could we The records just kept going, kept going.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 4: We didn't have to play a record over and over because this guy really has classics. This guy is really a legend, he's really an icon. He's really and one of the most humblest people I know, but he is a goddamn king. And in case you don't know who the fuck we talking about, were talking about the one.
Speaker 2: So if you want to, you want to all, did you go to the.
Speaker 1: Hotel or well, I'm on this hotel came. Yeah, the writers strike helped the Screen Actors Guild. The actors strike help. I just want everybody to get their money. I will never block anybody from a check, but it always feels good to be able to work. And we got grips lighting guys. I mean, everybody's going to come out on the other and I hope better than they were left off.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I went to the show in Paris and I was I was telling but I went to the show in Paris and one thing that I was amazed about it was it wasn't like Knives was coming out and then Wu Tang was coming out. It's like almost sharing the stage. It felt like a mixtape. I was sitting there and I could not hold myself.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: I sat there and I sweated, like I'm sweating right now. I fucking yelled to the top of my lungs. I was sitting there and this is this is a real put to the tour. So you wasn't on that first leg at.
Speaker 1: I wasn't on the first leg of the tour, which is why, like I can't even give away how to how the show goes. But I'm not as upfront as the other guys are because the way the show was patterned. Rizza put the show together. By the way, the way it was pattern was like a play. Okay, so you have act one, Act two, Act three, Act four, and so on and so forth. We added day Lot soul. That's a that's a major bump right there.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. I think dudes added day Lost soul. Jesse Cage. The crowd gets soggy because daylight, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you're talking about performance like shout out to truegy Dove, you know what I mean. Rest in Paradise, brother, you know what I mean. But yeah, I'm happy to have them there. Tylerb is with us too as well, and you know it's always good to be around the fellas, let's work. Hell yeah, we got more people there. Hell yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I ain't gonna lie, like I know you said, you know, you can't blow it up, But I was there. I went to the show and I was so impressed. Like it's so I'm dope to see our groups.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, seasons, you know what what I'm saying, Like like I'll go to a every now and then I'll go to go check out a new artist and I'll see that they're developing.
Speaker 2: But once you have an artist like Wu and Nas has experienced this experience, and.
Speaker 4: It's like and it's crazy because because every time I see you on stage, man, it feels like you just belong there.
Speaker 2: I'll be happy to be there. Man. I love performing. You still love performing. Look at you. It's as fun as you make it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And especially with my guys Wu Tang, I just love being on stage with them because I remember where we started at and every now and then, I gotta shake it off because I'm looking at you know, us as teenagers, and I'm looking at it and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like enjoyed in my heart to see where we came from, to see where we're at right there and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's like, man, I used to see you walk around the same dirty ass sneakers. Now you pulling up in the maybox. That is so dope.
Speaker 4: So we saved this with quick Time with Slim. Well, I want to ask you off top, so what do you like more? Performing or making the record?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: They both like the same to me, because it's being creative and that's what I am. You know, I go beyond artists. I like to call us creatives because that's what we do. We start with a blank slaton, whatever it is, that's what it's going to be, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean just being in the studio, the studio atmosphere, I don't really like it. You don't like being in the studio.
Speaker 1: No. I like to write in the comforts of my own home, or, believe it or not, the front seat of a vehicle, moving vehicle.
Speaker 2: I like to write there as well. It got to be moving. Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: A lot of my writing was done like that because I think the fact that my album, my first album, was literally destroyed in the flood. A lot of the writing and stuff I had to do while Wu Tang was promoting the first album. So we was down south West so all that, and while these guys were going to the after party, I was in the studio recording so.
Speaker 2: Much so your first solo.
Speaker 5: He just said that, like what did you destroying that flood.
Speaker 2: The whole everything. We're the majority of it.
Speaker 1: So RIZ had to remake a lot of the tracks and I had to re record.
Speaker 2: Did you change anything about the album? Like? Was how different was it from the original?
Speaker 1: Only one that changed somewhat? It sounded better when I originally done it was stimulation. The night that I did it, we had performed. Like I said, I was coming right off the stage going right into the studio. And I remember this studio in particular when I did it because one of.
Speaker 2: The dudes from Troup was there.
Speaker 1: True matter of fact, the lead singer dude, a little short one and uh, you know uh, And I remember the popper stopper had like the hang at the hangar with the stocking wrap, the you know what I mean. We just caught the ship like that, that kind of ship, don't know, don't know. Theof was the size of a small closet in the in the projects period.
Speaker 2: But I got it done. I got it done.
Speaker 1: If people knew what I went through to get that four mic album, and they gave me four mics in the source.
Speaker 2: I wasn't mad at it. I wouldn't felt like like from me.
Speaker 4: So I always wanted to ask you because we were playing this record earlier and they said you hate this record?
Speaker 2: What record was? It? Was? It me? Yeah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 5: I saw an old interview where you had said you didn't really like the record. You had to be convinced of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But over the years I learned to love it. I like, when I wrote Met the Man, I was like fifteen, sixteen years sixteen, seventeen years young.
Speaker 2: Niggas got no excuse for real. We were you out here making for falling years old?
Speaker 1: I mean we weren't back then. We wasn't writing verses. We was writing songs. We had verses with hooks, you know what I mean. We had routines all that shit. But we was doing it for nothing, you know, just to impress the people around our way.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, like it was it was real back then.
Speaker 1: B you know, so you you you didn't like it at first. I just it was the rhyms.
Speaker 2: It was the rhymes.
Speaker 1: I thought they were a bit dated, but the date, the updated part.
Speaker 2: Of it was the hook. Now my mind works crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know where I heard these records before, but it was etched in my head. Hey, you get off my cloud. You don't know me, you don't know myself. Hey you get off my cloud?
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 1: Hey you get off of my cloud? Right now? Now, I think that's Boosy Boosey Collins. But it was stuck in my head right So when I got by the time I got to the m E t h O d Man, that was already etched in my head from you know, m E t h O d oh ov.
Speaker 2: Big hauling oce Holy. The man part came from Ask.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite records, was music Man, The Music Man.
Speaker 2: So it's m E t h O d Man. So you put like three songs together and made censorship years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and no no, I was like sixteen seventeen. The other hook part, I got that bad. That's the Beatles.
Speaker 6: He's got yo, holy shit.
Speaker 2: Because I've lived in area.
Speaker 1: Remember, like we didn't have back in the day when we were short these we didn't have like video music box, you know, video jukebox and the closest thing that we could get to see in hip hop videos was never really if you think about it. So the videos that we did see was top forty countdowns out of rock and Roll, Got.
Speaker 2: A rock and Roll.
Speaker 1: I remember I was a big bon Jovi fan. You give the bad then they came up with the wanted that. I was like, John won Jovi is a bad motherfucker. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I found that we were born on the same day. It was over great record, The Holy and you said you wanted to ask about the songs.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy. I had never knew, like I had always debated what had dropped first? Was it protect your neck?
Speaker 1: Protect or medad Man was already done. I like, I sat there and watched Rizid make the beat. I sat there and watched Rizad make the beat for Wo tenk Clan ain't nothing to fuck with. Like I was sitting there while he was going through the joints. I don't want to give it where they know what the samples are there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know he.
Speaker 1: Had a fucking record of cartoon classics and that's where the Underdog sample came from, right, and the medic Man sample was I don't know if it's a woman tell that either you know, and the sample is so small you you won't be able to find it. Wow, for method, man, you won't be able to find that motherfucker. So you know, I was around for some shit, nigga that shit, but always well protecting that contraded. I had read somewhere that people misconscrewed my words and thought that I paid one hundred dollars to get into.
Speaker 2: The Wu Tang. Yeah. Now the story goes.
Speaker 1: Like this, Rizza was putting together this song, cor protecting that well, wasn't carp protecting neck then, but he was putting together the song, and he said, bring one hundred dollars to the studio. They had already paid for the studio. They were trying to get some of their money back, so they tried to get every man to bring a hundred dollars to the studio. And I said, honestly, I think me and you God the only niggas that brought one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Say shit, They just kept the money and shit.
Speaker 1: But you know, out of it came a dope ass motherfucker getting shit, you know what I'm saying, and contraded what people think. No, we did not pay to get into the group. We all grew up around each other, from teenagers like pre teenagers to adults.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So yeah, so let me.
Speaker 4: Ask you, because you was the first that was that was he was the first one.
Speaker 2: With a solo record, the first one to sign the documentary.
Speaker 4: He was the first one to the first one to say he was the last one to lay the last verse on on on on the first what was it?
Speaker 1: And the show says that told you was the first one to sign the contract to start it off.
Speaker 5: It was the last one to start the first of the second album forever.
Speaker 2: To end a contract.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that that was.
Speaker 2: I ain't know.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I know we had a contract ship that could end. Honestly, let me finish the sin and I know we had a contract that could end in ship, you know, brotherhood forever and ship. And it's like Rizzi has given ri has given us way more than we ever could have dreamed of, and we've given him the same.
Speaker 2: As a collective. You'll never see anything like this.
Speaker 1: And you know, and I'm not it's not a brag, It's just I'm.
Speaker 4: Just letting you know that I'm ragging me, I'm bragging for you. Yes, it would never be another Wu.
Speaker 1: Tang, the cohesion and just the the I would like to call it clutch genius because we had no idea what we were doing when we were, you know, just freestyling for fun, going to the house, making tapes on the on the just on the fly, you know what I mean. Some dudes had just started rhyming for like two years and got nice just being around that atmosphere kind of thing, you know. And to have him have a vision to put all of that to I mean, this is like frantic shit.
Speaker 2: Nobody like when you heard.
Speaker 1: Only people that that I can think that came close, and they came before us was n w A. When you heard the NWA album, you expected to hear all of them on each record, but you didn't. Sometimes you just got easy. Sometimes you got ice Cube and Brand, you know, or just Dre and Cube and you know what I mean, and really did that same ship. But it was more clutch genius than anything because we had these records for years before anybody even heard these ships. So he put them all together and made him sound like it was a complete fucking apple. This is why method Man is a solo record on a fucking on a protecting neck on the flip side of.
Speaker 4: It, and s because that's my host. Yeah, question the leader of the wang. What launched you in that way? You know what's crazy on that? On that record, the first thing you say, you could tell that you wanted to shout out your crew. The first thing you do is shout out your crew.
Speaker 2: Off top. It might have said method man, but one thing I noticed is off.
Speaker 1: Top orchestrated that part of it. But I probably would have did that ship anyway. And Justus is the one who actually said it. He did the breakdown of it and ship word, that's us. That's just a that's the just a mac and he was good at that. Nah, that was just that was just a holy because you've been the way too many ships, I'd be saying that part.
Speaker 2: I definitely be saying that far.
Speaker 4: So you got a chance to work with Tupac and Biggie. Yeah, yeah, how crazy is that?
Speaker 1: Well it would have been crazy if Plock would have actually been there.
Speaker 2: Now we're big.
Speaker 1: I remember Tracy Waples came and picked me up, scooped me up, and the word was amongst the crew because we was getting hot. We had some traction and Rizz's smart motherfucker. I mean, people don't give them enough credit. Didn't want you to do the record, right, he did not want us to do any records with anybody outside of the clan.
Speaker 2: Keep the money on.
Speaker 1: It's just genius to it because when you got when your name is hot, why would you want to spread your money?
Speaker 2: So you you bring it.
Speaker 1: But in my defense, I'm thinking, well, if I kill this record, their.
Speaker 2: Fans are now our fans.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Tracy Waple comes scoops me up, I go do the record. Biggie is mad funny. This is like my second time. The first time I met him was outside the Meuse. We all performed there that night. We performed Big Perform. Yo Yo performed that night as well, and that was the first time I seen Big Due party in bullshit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The reason why knew it was big because he had on the big shirt. Now back then, now, back then. If you wore a fucking shirt in the video and it was your first video and you a new artist, you were seeing in that ship everywhere for the next few weeks. Ain't no lie, no lie. I wore a lot of my ship like that. All I need ship to fucking bring the pain lever. That ship went.
Speaker 2: Everywhere with you niggas.
Speaker 1: Think about it, Okay, think about it. There's live footage at the Roxy Puppy's birthday party. I got the leather on, live footage right Wutang performing in Long Island. I got the leather on. Bring the pain video let on like guess me, oh yeah that got to be and we got the leather on. But let's me ask you because you said something. You said Pop wasn't there.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't there. Pack was in jail. That was for the Dog Pound album.
Speaker 1: That was for Dad and death Bro was so tight that when Pot came home they gave him the record because they you know, it was like come home pocketing.
Speaker 2: When he came home, they was like, here it is, whatever you want, We got it now was the East Coast time.
Speaker 1: No, I never got any flag. Nobody says ship to me about that ship.
Speaker 2: Nothing. Let me tell you something about we'll take you for one all right.
Speaker 1: You know it's non ten members, ten members, okay, but they don't know that tim members got family. Members were from everywhere. We're from everywhere. We got family. Wait, even though we had ship, but we from everywhere. So it's like if somebody did feel a certain kind of way, it was rectified really fast, really fucking fast. But I never got any beef whatever. Me and Big was still cool. Big never looked at it in any weird kind of more fucking way and ship and you know when I finally did run in the park.
Speaker 2: The record wasn't even mentioned.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, man, okay, all right, So this ship going on with the East Coast West Coast ship. I fly out to Cali that day for Soul Trained like everybody did. Okay, Soul Training awards happening. I get on the plane. I'm in first class. Shure he leaving from New York, and I'm like, well, wow, that's that's interesting. You know, first class from New York to l A. From New York to l A. Yes, okay, he ain't say ship to me either. He says ship to me anyway, No, he did. When he got off the plane, though he did the het nod that shug ship. He was like walked off the plane, you know what I mean. I didn't even say ship back though. It was like, but long story short, and that means it's gonna be longer.
Speaker 2: I'm in House of Blues.
Speaker 1: This is way he used to do the Soul Trade party every day. Yeah, right there on the strip they do the Soul Train party. I'm up in here right now. I'm on mushrooms like a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: That's what they was doing out there.
Speaker 1: I'm in here like this, and I mean it didn't hit me, hit me like because you know, we got a force fielder time, we got force field around it.
Speaker 2: But I'm by myself. Uh, it didn't hit me while I'm in the.
Speaker 1: Club, in the House of Blues till I saw Puff and Saint a slight against Puff. But it was like I see Puffy and I see Puffy with like six bodyguards.
Speaker 2: Then it hit me.
Speaker 1: It was like, wait a minute, Yeah, the whole, the whole, the whole, everything, everything, the situation, everything.
Speaker 2: Everything right there is bliss like a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: But I see Puffy coming and mind you, Puff don't speak to me. No, he speaks to me, But he never speaks to me like this embraced.
Speaker 2: Map for something. Did he have a shiny shuit on? No, you have a shiny shit on Puff, that on all black. But he's on point. You can on point.
Speaker 1: He ain't the drink, none of that ship. But he had all these niggas with them, bodyguard niggas. So now it's like, oh, ship, I slided my ass. Now I'm looking around to see if anybody saw me speak to this motherfucker and saw that ship. Right, And don't ask me why I'm thinking that. It's just I don't want to be on anybody fucking radar at this point.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So I'm up and you know, I remember how they had the food booths and you know, you can sit up in the bar. So I'm sitting up on top of the booth, sitting like this, right, and I'm in my head like crazy, and I was like, did that just happened? Because Puff's never that nice to me. I mean he's nice, but he's.
Speaker 2: Never that nice to me. You got play with? Is that everything?
Speaker 1: I'm in the club down that see Puffy come through, And now it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Ship, he's going okay, Oh he's damn Puffy.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I slid up in a booth like this. Now I'm just sitting there. I'm fucked up off these rooms. Now I'm at the utmost point here, the peak of shroom high and I'm sitting there and shipping. It's like and I hear math math now look and it's Latifa. She's like, what the fuck are you doing up in that corner?
Speaker 2: Come here. I snapped out of that. I was good the rest of the night. After that, shout after you, Dan, I love you, I love you. After that, I was like, shit, we good.
Speaker 1: Good niggah. So the end of the night happens, all lights come on, I'm leaving. Turn around Tupac in the same club. Yeah, the whole night. I had no idea though, but turn around his pocket ship. Now he's telling me about something, some incident that happened with Rizide in Vegas, and if he was there, it probably wouldn't It definitely wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Spoke to the piles that be.
Speaker 1: Basically, he was saying, if there's anybody we would funking on the East coast, it'll be Wu Tang.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: This is letting us know and anybody that was in the know know that it wasn't the East coast West Coast thing.
Speaker 2: Bad boy death roa.
Speaker 1: Okay, he started saying something else, but I'm not really listening because I'm looking at the death row piece on his chain and this is my first time eating Park, so I'm like, oh shit, this fucking tupac. Look at that fucking change. And he remember looking up and he finished what he was saying. I was like, yeah, you know, men, come to the table. We talked all right, peace And I remember looking at Sugar and he got the cigar like this and he's like nothing, nothing, No, it'spread, just the man stow it because the cameras is on Nigga ship, he and sug.
Speaker 2: Mold and ship.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, yeah, walk out, we get out front and ship and no live man. I remember being in the back of Pink Dot in that alley where you know what Pink Dot is right up the block, and we sat there and was discussing that whole night of how that ship was so fucking weird, you and Park, No, oh you, me and the people. I was like, okay, okay, okay, how that ship was just so fucking weird and the party and all that shit happened like that Latifa like.
Speaker 2: Nigga, what are you doing? The mushrooms right, It was definitely the mushroom.
Speaker 1: Shut out the pink Dot, but that you know, that's my pox story and ship. Now I didn't You didn't se him after that record? Never, He never said they you're looking for the No, never, because you had to clear that honestly, Yeah, but I had cleared it.
Speaker 2: For dog Pounds guys in corrupt my nigga. So the way that.
Speaker 1: Ship ended up on the record, they were playing it in New York. I didn't feel any kind of way about it because I killed my verse, so I didn't give a.
Speaker 2: Fuck what anybody thought any fucking way.
Speaker 1: But they were playing it in New York, and that was the first time I heard it. I had no idea Pok was on the ship really right because of the part that park rhyme. Then that was ragees verse and then I get rage because it was a dog Pound record and Decks verse.
Speaker 2: Wasn't on there, so I was like, wow, that's that's that's interesting.
Speaker 4: So originally it was it was it was a Wu Tang collab with It was just, uh, let's put this way.
Speaker 1: Anytime I went to Cali, them niggas would come scoop me. When they came to the East Coast, I would come scoop Then, okay, cool that kind of thing. And Ship I had niggas in Harlem and Ship in the back of the four, running these niggas in the back of the four like this multi million dollar niggas scrunched up in the back of my motherfucker anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would always come get me.
Speaker 1: And Deck just happened to be there that day, Me and him and Doc slid over the Dazzer's crib fed us play some motherfucking NBA two K smoked and started writing.
Speaker 2: Well, and you said you you spoke the big after that too, Big, I mean.
Speaker 1: Not nbah g K was EA Sports. It was NBA Live Sorry, NBA Live look Ahead.
Speaker 4: And you said you saw a big after the pop record got reported and nothing was never.
Speaker 2: No, never anything. Let me let me explain something.
Speaker 1: Even when Ghosts and Ray, or rather Ray for instance, said something about album cover and all that stuff, already, Me and Big had already had a rapport, you know what I mean, And the way they felt wasn't the way I felt at all. Plus it didn't have any merit to it because we never discussed that as a clan. That's just something Ray came off with as Ray. That I mean, that's how he felt. That's how he felt, you know what I mean? But that had already had a.
Speaker 2: Record album though, right I was raised. I was raised.
Speaker 1: It was on Ghost album album because he was like Claude, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Skinner is on Ghost album. Wasn't on.
Speaker 1: Ye. Matter of fact, it was Ghosts that said that ship you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right, my brains. It was Ghosts that said it on Raised album. They're absolutely right. But like I said, like even when we used to do shows with them niggas, some dudes would just keep walking, you know what I mean? You say, but I would always stop and stay what's up there? In the season we used to kick it regardless to who was there, whatever, whatever. And Ship Big was a great dude, man, like really really fucking anybody knew him, to tell you, the funniest small fucker on the planet and Ship the coolest.
Speaker 2: Hell.
Speaker 1: Do you understand how hard it was to rhyme with Big, No, I didn't. Ignorance is blessed, bro, And I'm telling you at that listen, who was hotter than Fish?
Speaker 2: Grease, Nigga, Lucky let me tell you something, and ain't no flight against bad boys?
Speaker 1: Or maybe it is. But y'all niggas lucky. We ain't have our ship together the way we had our ship together. Fact ain't no truth.
Speaker 2: We let a lot of y'all niggas listen.
Speaker 4: I listened to the record, and I listened to a lot of Big features, and Big really murders everybody that he's on the record with. I'm so sorry to certain people that be mad at me when I say this, I apologize.
Speaker 1: I don't mean no disrespect. But Big other than you and Jay, I I don't see j murdered that.
Speaker 2: Fuck it man. I don't say Jay was ready. I think Jay had that verse for like eight years. He was just waiting, like shit. I got like one of the chamber right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did you realize that Big one one of the goats at that time, he wasn't. Nobody knew who we were, Nobody even it was like the way we thought about ourselves because you know, New York was the mecca of fucking hip hop. So that try state, if you let there, that's the world for you.
Speaker 2: You go down south ship like that, people like.
Speaker 1: You goide. You go down south. This is where it change is at. This is where bad boys said, right, one more chairs. They was loving that ship in the shell, right, big Papa the shell. We and had those records, but we didn't have all I need, which was my ship. But killing that ship and them niggas took the fuck off man, bless all of them man for real. They you know, that's an iconic fucking label, iconic fucking crew.
Speaker 2: And Puffs still doing this salute. Let's describe this session.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tracy Rapels, you said, hey, why she picks you up? You'll go through the session. And is this beat already playing or easy mob made to beat? Yeah, it was playing.
Speaker 2: It was already playing. It was already playing.
Speaker 1: You walked in and said, Noah, I walked in and Big snapping on Puff first, and you know, I'm just laughing.
Speaker 2: This ship was sh It was hilarious because Puff was like, y'all say my name.
Speaker 1: He's like Nigga said your name like fifteen times on this motherfucker EO puffing. I'm telling the truth too, you know, I'm telling the truth. But then we sat there and road diversus. We both sat there and road them and.
Speaker 2: I'm a artist. Are you sitting there trying to take his head off?
Speaker 1: Or you just saying I'm just gone no when I heard the beat. Sometimes you hear a beat and your pin just start flowing. So once you started flowing, nothing else existed. You can't hear ship but the beat and your pen roll your pin going. So it was no communication at that point in time. I didn't hear his ship, he didn't hear my ship.
Speaker 2: So it's even at that.
Speaker 1: Point now, I wasn't even taking each other head off me. I was just trying to stay in the pocket like I always do. I'm gonna stay in the pocket. I'm gonna ride this rhythm and I'm gonna I'm gonna do like a little nas catence if I can and ship. Well, what I thought was the NOAs catence. It was close. It's kind of close, but it wasn't exactly yet because it ran off to.
Speaker 2: Some other ship. But I've always had kitten, So who came up with the idea of y'all going back and forth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was big big. He wanted he wanted to end it. You can't mess with them. And I was supposed to come with th h O D Man, but it didn't fall on beat, so I overlapped him to do it. That's why I came in th h O D Man and now I got more glocks in text than you make it hot. He wrote that Niggas won't even stand next to you. He said, you say this.
Speaker 2: Part right here.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'll say that, but I ain't gonna lie better you like I can listen to it that record to this day, and like I said, it's like y'all even like and I just didn't hear anybody hanging with Big.
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 1: That was my man's right there. If you asked me, I'll say we both killed it. But other people like to say ship like you know, I edged them stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Two first of all kids right doing something they loved and trying to make something from nothing, being creatives. That's all having fun. It wasn't I bet you. Big wasn't trying to take my head off. I wasn't trying to take We was just having fun in that bit. Soon as I walked in there, I told you what it was. The atmosphere was light, Niggas was snapping. It felt like being around with.
Speaker 2: Two peers for real.
Speaker 1: That was my man and you a Na's new album am My Own NAS's no album and you don't know nothing from what house.
Speaker 2: I nos ain't sent me no record. I love to get on the noajs right.
Speaker 1: Just sorry, Oh I get it, Yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, see you you fell for the Okie dough. They do these remixes with old verses and they splice all of them together and people think those are real records. I've been having real complaints about this shit right because Rizzard did a record called Built for This DJ Scandalists I'm looking at you, brother, and a guy did a remake.
Speaker 2: To it, not market Scotts Grelly. No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: This shit was for a Rizzar's soundtrack, The Man with the Iron Fist, and we did a song with Freddie Gibbs caught Built for This myself in street.
Speaker 2: He remakes it.
Speaker 1: He puts a different beat up underneath it, puts ice Cube easy, a bunch of just features on there, of old verses from these dudes, and just splice it all together. Now people think it's the real joint. Now this is where I have the problem at go ahead and do that, but when I go on Built for This, the original, it's barely got a million views. That one has over three hundred million views. People think it's a real record. Now, I'm not saying that they're stealing, right, but they're stealing, and no serious, they're stealing because that revenue should be going to the artist that took the time out to make it. Like I sat my ass down and wrote for that record. Rizzard sat his ass down and put that whole composition together.
Speaker 2: That's time consuming.
Speaker 1: As well as you start to put in a studio time and video courts, and then you have somebody splice a whole bunch of old video footage together, throw a bunch of artists. I mean, people should know that it's not a real easy ease on it. They should know it's not a real song. And this shit got over three hundred million fuckers. Well, now someone can have the argument and say, well maybe it sounds better. I'm giving shit. I don't care the fuck. There's an original out there, and shit that artists made to be consumed by the by the masses to bring the money back to their families, to feed their fucking families. Not these motherfuckers over here. Man, that's shit crazy. And that South cent you channel on YouTube. Got niggas is bogus as fuck y'all got that's where all of it be at now.
Speaker 2: Then gave them a fucking life.
Speaker 1: That gave them a fucking see that damn it all right, holy ship trash for that ship, man, that ship is like that Shay Robert niggas. I have seen your ship. You was on the fucking record with it. Was you fucking uh? What's that nigga name? Uh?
Speaker 2: Uh? Sting from the police, nigga, Michael fucking yeah, nigga burke back of rackets on your track, nigga nigga. So that's crazy. They're like, nor murdered that ship.
Speaker 1: So you see some ship like that and they're like, oh, this ship better than super Thumb.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, it's better than anything Nor he did. You don't look at that ship like wait a minute, right, let.
Speaker 1: Me call this motherfucker al So you you remade my ship and ship? Right?
Speaker 2: So, so where the revenue at?
Speaker 1: I see a ship at three hundred million views and ship and I know how YouTube pay.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, no, did you get a plaque? And so I mean, we's mines.
Speaker 1: But the Niles is a new joint though, right, oh no, because I've done only track I've done with Knives and we was on the studio was Fuck Belly and uh fuck dog Dogs for Life for Belly soundtrack Yeah, Dogs for Life. Yeah, and he killed that ship. So there's I mean, I'm dying to get on another track with not because he murdered us on that.
Speaker 2: I gotta get my kit, I gotta get my back, want to. I just want to keep up. I ever trying to take no head. I would never.
Speaker 1: Ever, ever ever come out of MC. I'm on the track, oh no, but that's not on the official album.
Speaker 2: I got a lie. I say this a lot.
Speaker 4: One time I did a song with styles B and he did he did the verse.
Speaker 2: After me and I always wanted to be always wanted to be mad. And it's not like you're trying to go at him.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to tell y'all I'm just a night Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So gim was fly was man, That's right. Our show was about giving flowers. We wanted to give you your flowers face to face.
Speaker 2: Man, I want to see you Snoop set is like it's better than the Grammy because it's coming for your people. The man look.
Speaker 1: Up man, Snoop always know what to say that Snoop ain't even a star. Snoop is like a fucking enterprise man. He's just an establishment, you know, Snoop, I got your cereal to my grandbaby. I love that ship. He liked them for he liked them, Snoop Loops. You know we know what you Snoop loops.
Speaker 4: What kind of butt is that man? That she looked good piece? I'm thikking for a piece of But.
Speaker 1: Morning, you know what, don't speaking the butt, speaking the butt and you saying you want to piece.
Speaker 2: Your fellas bring that ship over here real fast. Okay, you've got to. We've got to get flowers to know what I mean. Yeah, then here is your prob bro, damn right, So what is this? Bring it down with?
Speaker 1: So this is the cow safe box right here, right, and it's basically a nice dressing for what's inside.
Speaker 2: Oh this this is gorgeous.
Speaker 1: And right now those boxes are getting very popular and as the laws lightning in different states, we're going to be able to get them. The more people with the flower inside. But these are the kind of flowers, These are the kind of flowers I give.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love your flowers. Though these are dope. I've sing this is do appreciate it. Absolutely, Yeah, I'm definitely gonna try to stud.
Speaker 1: Oh hold up, Holy moly, we got more ship for y'all. This ship y'all can put in that room where y'all got all the free ship people. Give y'all that y'all to ask, y'all just in one room.
Speaker 2: Put that right next to that is love. I see your thieves looking at them ship, especially see them some reason you listen. Your face said it all. Just like your face was like I'm taking here off and ship I don't it is yeah, yeah, just yeah, so meth yes, sure, yes.
Speaker 4: I believe you in every acting role you ever did, Like I seriously, yo, did you not one time I got serious about acting a little bit right and.
Speaker 2: Built that state property that was so I got I got off of the role.
Speaker 4: And I turned it down immediately because I was scared to play a doctor.
Speaker 2: I was scared to try.
Speaker 1: You were scared of that long ass dialogue.
Speaker 2: I was probably scared of that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is I can see you as a gangster on film. I can see you as a doctor on film, and I believe every fuck a lawyer, every fucking role you would take it like the dinners out of this ship.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, brother. You know what, though, I.
Speaker 1: Made a decision a while ago that I was gonna I just got tired of doing shows overseas, because you know, there was a time where the new ship was hitting. These kids was tearing it up. They was getting way more than us for shows, and they were getting all of the shows. Nobody wanted to see any nineties ship, so we were doing over sea shows. Appreciated over there. I loved them over there, but it was too much. It was like my fourth time overseas that year. I was tired, and I said, you know, I'm gonna try to acting well, not try it. I said, you know what, when I get home, I'm gonna make a decision to take this acting shit way more serious than I did before. And I went bought a ticket to LA did not get a hotel room, did not get a car, no suits, no nothing. I went to my manager's house and slept on her couch in the Hollywood Hills.
Speaker 2: And I did that for about a month and a half.
Speaker 1: But when you're doing this, your auditioning, I'm auditioning, yes, but there's no plan, there's no real No.
Speaker 2: You've only done like two or three movies.
Speaker 1: Maybe No, No, I'd done a bunch of shit, yes, but I had took a long hiatus to focus on the music. At this point in time, me and death Jam were not on the same page.
Speaker 2: They were ahead of the curve.
Speaker 1: They were trying to stay above water because you had cash Money breathing down. The next you know, Puffy Benn was kicking death Jam's ass and shiit what depth Jam had? What depth Jam did have that the other people didn't have? They had the Yankees, DMX, Ludicris, Job Rule Red and meth Fab was over there at this point, Jada Kiss, I think was over here. At this point, we were just you know, big ass fucking roster and shit, Damn, I done lost my train of thought.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what they told me when I assigned to Depth Jam. Welcome to the Yankees. Welcome to the Yankees, right, They actually used that reference, like welcome to like you like basically you was playing in the mighty leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, well, damn, that's that was some cocky shit to say.
Speaker 1: So they got me on my way out the door at least that's what it felt like. You know, I wasn't me and included in a lot of things and a lot of and you know what, I got to take the blame for some of that because I was a really rotten person because I saw it coming and not I don't know, I just I would be angry all the time because it was hard for me to accept that. I don't know, not to sound vain, but I wasn't that nigga anymore, or at least that's what it felt.
Speaker 2: Like, or I wasn't in what honestly what it.
Speaker 1: Was that to you, No, dude, the label wasn't saying I was saying this to myself, but the label was showing me.
Speaker 2: What time is.
Speaker 1: Your time is basically is coming to an end. But and you know, I made the decision that I can contribute way more and I can show all these motherfuckers that it's not the end for me.
Speaker 2: This is just the beginning.
Speaker 1: But I didn't apply myself the way I should have, and I didn't voice my frustrations in a articulate manner.
Speaker 2: Like I can now.
Speaker 1: So a lot of doors were starting to close, not because of the career thing, but because of the the vitriol that I was spitting out of my mouth, the anger and the misery that I was spreading, to the point where you don't want to answer that per since call. But I was at that point in time, had to listen to myself. I wouldn't fucking have tookn my call at that point.
Speaker 2: So I made a decision.
Speaker 1: I'm going to fucking take this acting ship and I'm gonna run with it. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't. There's no plan, but this is what I want to do. Started getting on my physical fitness ship. Started going to classes, we say classes, acting class, acting class, actually sitting in a class, right and and you method?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did you like? How would you able to do that? Like, it's easy.
Speaker 1: Those kids in there already stars if you asked me. A lot of those kids that go to those classes are so advanced already. It's just that we haven't heard of them. You know, the classes. It helps, but it actually helped, But I would rather be I would rather be coached by myself. The classes help you with the exercises and and and and technique, and it's always great to have the tools, and I topic has a book called the Twelve Tools of Acting or We're putting power back, giving power to the actor. And once you learn these twelve tools, there's no way that you can walk on a set and fill out a place and not understand what's going on because of these tools here. So I'm going on these or I'm getting sometime I don't getting three four editions right that week, so I'm constantly studying, well this is yeah that week, but they're different characters. So I'm learning the dialogue first and the day of I have to transition into this character. So how do you do that? It could be a song. I can listen to certain kind of music and it's like.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm there.
Speaker 1: Or it'd be a memory, something that jars that, something that brings that out, you know what I mean. Or you go to your tools and you say, what do I want in this scene?
Speaker 2: What's my scene objective? Right here?
Speaker 1: Then you got to say, okay, well what is my overall objective?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: For me in real life, my overall objective is just to win. I think everybody in this room can relate to that shit, So why not fight for that every day? That's what we do in these scenes, we're fighting to win, whether we're a villain or the good guy.
Speaker 2: Writ's dad, Samuel Jackson. I did that was all I did. I definitely did it.
Speaker 1: But whether you're the villain or the hero, you're fighting for something.
Speaker 2: You're fighting to fucking win.
Speaker 1: Who's saying the villain isn't right because in his heart he's doing the right fucking thing. He thinks he's the hero, and the hero is doing what he feels is right. He could be the fucking villain and not know it, you know what I mean? And that's the beauty of when you approach these fucking scenes or even these scripts, when you're reading them and shit. First off, when you read a fucking scene, Nori, I don't like to read, but let's go on.
Speaker 2: No, but fuck that.
Speaker 1: When you see this scene and shit, first thing that should be going through your head is okay, what's going on here? You understand what's going on here. The next thing you should say is okay, I see these words. But how would I say it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to the school of method school, I'm comeing to see you once a week.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna follow you. He could.
Speaker 1: For sure, I'm serious, it would be like how would you say it? And for me, it takes me back to just just being on the block and dudes telling stories from the third person.
Speaker 2: About something that happened.
Speaker 1: And really, if you got a good storyteller, y'all know this ship, if he doing other people voices and ship, he'd be acting like certain niggas. And y'all know all know that this nigga acts a certain.
Speaker 2: Way of ship. You laugh, and same fucking thing, because you know, I'm gonna be honest with you method. I think I took the sucker out how I would read scripts when they gave it to me, and I would just change all the words to my words. So I think I should have did what you usual.
Speaker 4: I should have because like, for instance, stay Pop the character they came to me and it was named Pedro, and I didn't want to be named Pedro. I was like, nah, I'm not the Patro. I was like, I'm a local, you know what I mean? So I changed it and then all of the because they actually wrote it for p D Crack.
Speaker 2: This is what a lot of people don't know. Pety Crack got locked up.
Speaker 4: When pe d Crack got locked up, the only other black and Puerto Rican in the game, was me Pete Crack black and Puerto Rican. Yeah, Petty crack black nigga rickey like me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah.
Speaker 1: So what I did was I just basically changed all of the words. And what I'm in retrospect, I should have I should have tried to be Pedro. I should have tried to No, no, no, no, see that you should try to be you. That's what I did, interpret Pedro you.
Speaker 2: But you did it because it was you. It was you.
Speaker 1: And and can't nobody over here say that ship wasn't believable, y'all looking at.
Speaker 2: Me like, that's him. That's what you do? Right, met me?
Speaker 1: You've been on OZ, right, how did you get that role? Audition for that motherfucker aud audition? There's this lady, Alexa Fogel, who's a casting person for a lot of major networks. She did a lot of stuff for HBO. She's she's a beautiful lady, beautiful lady man. But she rang and she lets you, she lets your ass know. I got a story about her. So when I audition for OS, I'm still green whatever whatever, And honestly, I think I really got the part because she pushed for me. Love her for that. She's same ship with Webay Clock Hassa. He knows about her as well. We always auditioned for we her guy. She calls us in for all kind of ship. If you get the Alexa still of approval, you good. So I'm on the set of os Now and I'm I'm ready.
Speaker 2: You know, I ain't been to jail, but I know what jail is, niggas.
Speaker 1: I'm about to show these niggas what it is on that set. Man, see dudes resting knocked. That ain't nothing like the show. Nothing like the show and ship. But soon as that ship set action and I've seen the actors doing their thing, I was like, okay, this ship is serious. I got to step my ship up his ship. Why am I here? Okay, got you now. My first scene that I had was with Lord Jamar. Jamal was already on this ship. He was shout out to Lord Jamar Greatest. So the scene called for me to be in the visiting room with Mums rest in Paradise. Mums, that's the poet nude. Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot. And it was supposed to be a hit on Lord Jamal, who ain't fucking with nobody in there. Now, you had the black Muslims, you had the gangsters, you had the White Arians, then you had the Christian dudes. Lord Jamar was for the Fox said Nation, the Guards. He was by hisself in there, so everybody trying and kill his ass about the show.
Speaker 2: The show.
Speaker 1: He was killing that ship. I felt bad. I had to do him dirty. But I'm in the visiting room. The scene is me in the visiting room with mums. I'm visiting moms. He's in the visiting room at the same time, visiting with his chick. I'm supposed to do a hit. I'm a visitor. I'm supposed to pull a shame from under the table, walk over the Lord jamauro stick them give him the pok action, right, I do it.
Speaker 2: Now. Here's another thing from fact.
Speaker 1: Steve Bushemi who plays Knuckie Thompson on Boywalking.
Speaker 2: He directed that episode. I love this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: This is what every time I do something with acting and I learned something new. Shit make me want to do it more. He says, that was good, but you're moving too fast. Slow it down, got it? He don't know I'm green, so slow it down. To me means you know, you know, so action.
Speaker 2: That's what me and mom's talking.
Speaker 1: I grabbed this ship, but I'm not animated with the slowness. But I'm moving a little slow. Do it sits me down? Steve doesn't say ship to me nothing. He goes to the prop guy. See the problem was this the shank under the table. I was grabbing it too fast. I'm not even looking from grabbing it too fast. Instead of him having to keep telling me to do it or you know, to stay on my ass about it and maybe fuck with my confidence, he goes to the grip and tells the grip move. It doesn't tell me though, all doesn't tell me shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, action he forced to slow down.
Speaker 1: He got what he wanted. He got what he wanted what he and me mine was blown. Mind was blown, bro.
Speaker 2: And that makes me think, like when they do these horror movies with these kids.
Speaker 1: How they rear them? Because I know they really scared the actors and actresses. I know that for a fact. You know that tension and ship you know tho some of those screens are you know, but sometimes they scared the ship out they I know they do. So I'm wondering how they do that with the kids. That's the last thing I let my child do act.
Speaker 2: Are you a method actor? No? No?
Speaker 1: When I leader set, David McLean ash still be there in that suit.
Speaker 2: Yo. I worked with a method actor one time. What did you say it was? You said it was the motherfucker did not break character? Don't. He was like, they go to the set.
Speaker 1: It takes longer to shoot with them because them and the director always having back and forth between.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot.
Speaker 4: Because he stated like he stayed in character album DMX that called me and was get we'll come to the crib.
Speaker 2: So when I'm around it and begives his Matt.
Speaker 4: Schwartz or something like that. So he plays in Fast and Furious this ship. So he's He's like, was that the Mexican just called you?
Speaker 2: I was like yeah.
Speaker 4: So he was like, all right, cool, So I want to break character tomorrow? Can I come hang out with you?
Speaker 1: And and like he had to tell me that you will be the other guy you don't know.
Speaker 4: You don't know me personally right now on your meeting is this guy. And he would he would come on character. I mean he would come on set and he would be the jail guy because this is a treasure of seven Money's not not the greatest movie I ever did, but but uh, that's when I learned method actic.
Speaker 1: Bro, you can't put a price on what those method actors do.
Speaker 2: They just become that character and that's it, right.
Speaker 1: But actors, even theater actors, I believe, they can't stand the bullfuckers. The process just takes so much longer. But it's great when it works. It definitely works. Okay, when it doesn't work, it's like, see, I tell you YEA gonna sit around and discuss this ship all day.
Speaker 2: We should have just been shooting the whole time. It has to take a toll on their men. But if I'm playing the homeless man, I'm not going down.
Speaker 1: I don't sleep out and no, you know, I'll just revert back to my childhood. We was always THEMN thear homeless anyway, every month, like shit, got to scrap them dimes together.
Speaker 4: So first you on os OZ Classic Oz, though, then you get the opportunity to do the.
Speaker 2: Wild Yeah, you wouldn't know the fuck up for I got a story.
Speaker 1: For this already, So I go do a movie called Brown Sugar. Brown Sugar bad right, and they're like brown sugar meth. You ain't in brown Sugar exactly because I made the cutting room floor.
Speaker 2: This is I just got to.
Speaker 1: Put this ship in the context, went and shot the movie, but wasn't in the movie. This is the movie with most death. Take eggs anili, and I'm about to say, I ain't see you were right exactly my nigga ha song we made.
Speaker 2: He was. I'm glad I'm not the only right.
Speaker 1: I called him clock and Ship because the clockers okay, oh yeah, I re bember clockers. So he was there too. He was supposed to play like my assistant. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's supposed to play my sidekick assistant in the scene and ship. Now, if anybody know, clock Clock ain't nobody fucking assistant at all at all.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 1: Now that's that's just not in his characters, not in his DNA. He ain't nobody fucking assistant. So he didn't like the ship, he didn't like the scene, hen't liked the words and that ship.
Speaker 2: So he left.
Speaker 1: When he left, I stayed. Did them all fucking thing one two, one two, blah blah blah blah blah. Now I was supposed to audition for The fucking Wire that day. But I did the fucking movie Sugar right clop went and auditioned with the Wire and got and got it we Bab. I'm not saying I would have got we Bab, but I would have been on the show from the ground up.
Speaker 2: Ship at the Wire.
Speaker 1: But the thing about cheese was what people couldn't understand. His cheese was a survivor. He was just trying to survive. Man. You got understand there, but you gotta understand the backstory behind a person. What would make a person do something like that? If you think about it, what would make a person do something like that?
Speaker 2: He liked the cheese. He didn't have a.
Speaker 1: Choice because if he wouldn't have gave his uncle, who was they gonna kill first?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, nobody.
Speaker 1: You gotta see the nuances of what's going on here. And ship cheese is a fucking survival It's like, yeah, kill that nigga.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie. I still see Marlowe, marlow he got that famous nigga, Like, I don't play about games. I don't know if he was ever acting. I'm not sure even he prolific with them hands, his feet. Don't play with that man.
Speaker 1: He's prolific, But now you're on power the fuck you keep just getting these roles run.
Speaker 2: Black people love me. Tell you, I loved it, honestly.
Speaker 1: It's the it's it's just a testament to the work ethic and Ship and lucky to draw because I mean, you look at someone like ll cool J and today, Yeah, and if you bring his name up in certain circles, a lot of people don't know that he was a rapper exactly right. They don't know these these facts about him and Ship, or that he's been consistently working non stop since he was sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: Crazy, he's on.
Speaker 1: A show in CIS that has been on now for how long he's he's him and ized team.
Speaker 2: Straight fucking numbers and Ship.
Speaker 1: But people, at least our community, some of us do, especially our age rage. We know because you know, Nigga was like golf up, but people came up after that. They don't know that. They don't watch NCIS. I mean I don't watch the shit, you know what I mean. Not saying they ain't a good show. All a great show, It's just not my kind of shit. I was lucky enough to have a so called hiatus where people didn't see me, but I was the same as LLLL, consistently working. It's just that just because you didn't see me doesn't mean I wasn't. And when I got the call for PowerBook two that came out, I don't know where that shit came from, man, but I was ecstatic until I wasn't because I was like, Okay, do we know what the part is? They was like, no, we don't know what the part is yet, but we're going to get it soon. I get it, and I'm like, I'm about the murder some shit. I'mbot to kill shit and watch I'm gonna be worse then fucking ghost saying Tom he put together Who's watch this ship? I get the script. It's the lawyer and it's this dialogue dialogue. Now, I like monologues, you know ours with monologues and ship.
Speaker 2: But it's a lawyer nigga.
Speaker 1: And there's there's certain you know, influctions, uh dialogue that you have to have uh. And that nuance that I was talking about with why people thought Cheese was a foul nigga, But Cheese was saving his own ass in the midst of.
Speaker 2: He definitely was Damn. I loved my face the lawyer, the lawyer because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said okay, so yeah, I was like, damn. So now I'm a little deflated. I'm like, they want to play a lawyer nervous as ship, you know. I was like, yeah, fuck that. Wait a minute. I just did my acting classes and we did a scene where what they do is in the acting class, they'll give you a scene partner and you guys have a week to work on a scene from an actual movie. The actual movie that I worked on with my scene partner was Philadelphia. I played the Denzel part and he played the Tom Hanks part. And it's their first meeting when Tom Hanks comes into his office and they're funny shit though, because he's very If you look at Denzel as a master, if you look at his body language in the beginning, it's money.
Speaker 2: Money just walked in the.
Speaker 1: Door, so he's pre engaging, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Tom Hanks says, I have age. It's like he's you know, he catches him at first, but then it's like saying.
Speaker 1: Post yeah, yeah, start wiping your hands and shit, like people didn't know what back then, but He's doing these nuances that you won't pick up on unless you actually and he makes you feel that shit. That's where I want to be, where I make a person actually feel ship. Like you have a watch a fucking horror movie and somebody get their arm chopped and we know this sh it is fake, but you still go.
Speaker 2: Come on like Scarface, Yeah, we knew Scarface wasn't real. You get to that level.
Speaker 1: So this is me thinking that level when they told me this lawyer part.
Speaker 2: FiOS.
Speaker 1: I go toward audition, and first person I see when I'm in the audition, this banger. This is a dude that plays Chris Paulo on the wire. I'm like, oh, this motherfucker got it because he all that. I didn't know he was there to be the teacher. I thought he was there to be the lawyer. I go in. I got on the red sweater. I got on a fucking collar shirt under the red sweater. This is my lawyer, look Ship. I don't even know the suit really, I don't own a suit that fit anyway.
Speaker 2: Get through the audition.
Speaker 1: Mark is there, Mark Canton uh, Anthony himan Way who directed it. That's my guy right there, Anthony and when I walked out, I was like, that shit sucked. I ain't get the part I caught Sean. I was like, hey, I fucked up, Sean. I ain't even fucking get the part. I was messing up in there, and I sweat a lot. I had big ass sweat stains under my under arms and shit. And two days later I got the call back like, yeah, he got it. It's like, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm shitting in my pass because I'm like god Chez Lawyer every week.
Speaker 1: But that first day I showed up because I was shooting another TV show at the time with Kadem Hardersting called Teenage Bounty Hunters. Check that shit out on Netflix. Shit's hilarious. And Kadem still got it. He still got it his shit. I had to fly well. I shot with them. The first day I got there. Everybody was just welcome the dude with open arms. Now, this's the same crew from Power. Michael grew up with all these people, so they know him. The Tory grew up with these people.
Speaker 2: They know her.
Speaker 1: They don't know me, though, And like I said, embraced me with open arms, made me feel comfortable and shipped to the point there was no nervous energy and we just got through that first day. Once I got through that first day, I was still nervous, but it started to wane or ween off a bit, is that the right word?
Speaker 2: Ween ween off a bit?
Speaker 1: And by the time I got to like the fourth episode, or I was dead. Now this is the funny correlation between that and the Twitter verse. We got a big ass Twitter following, and those first four episodes where I felt like I was nervous, people were like, look at meda man, cringe, look at medic man, cringe. Method man is a lawyer? Ha ha ha ha ha medad Man a lawyer. By the fourth episode, who does David McClean?
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers?
Speaker 1: Wasn't method man no more. By the second season, I'm in the street, they calling me that shit. So so let me ask you, what how do you study for this role? Do you go hang out with a lawyer?
Speaker 2: I had a coach. The coach is the way to go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, in fact, my coach is Larry Library, Larry Larry b all right. Now, Now, Larry was the only black person, only black star in Revenge of the Nerds. Think about it, Oh my homeboy, yea Lamar Lamar, contrary to the poor he loved pussy.
Speaker 2: So you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying anyway, Yeah, that's that's my coach. And dude has a way of doing things that you know, we speak.
Speaker 2: He speaks the language.
Speaker 1: And I'm not taking away from any other coaches, but he he kind of speaks my language. He he talks in a way that simplifies things for me that I can understand it.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Wow, I would does he coach you for each scene or is it.
Speaker 1: Just a general episode that I was doing? I would call him for a session and we would go over it. Yeah, he's a.
Speaker 2: Good guy man. A lot of love for that guy.
Speaker 1: Man. He he took good care of me and shit, I mean I got a naacp image of all for that shit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So he knows the shit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Shit. Now, if you had a chance to pick what it be rapping.
Speaker 1: Or acting, I can't pick. Can't pick because because like I said, being a creative, that doesn't limit me to just rapping or even just acting, you know, I mean think about it. Redman is definitely a creative right and it didn't just limit him back. I mean he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, and I agree with him one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 2: That's my guy right there.
Speaker 1: If you don't want to take that shit fuck that, anybody try and stick him, I'm gonna kill him.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 5: But you would probably say that hip hop brought you to here to that today.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, yes, absolutely, but it doesn't and tell the whole story of who I am. I mean, look at rat Man first, and it's like he rat he DJ right, and he jumped out of the airplance. Yeah, he's crazy creative, creative though, because he's painting whole fucking landscapes while he's floating.
Speaker 2: He's becoming one with hisself.
Speaker 1: Except the painting now, the the animation and the.
Speaker 2: The inspiration is drawing inside. Now.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to inspire anybody else. Now, he just inspires himself. And when you're there, can't nobody stop you? Man, for real?
Speaker 2: We got quick, Thomas, Yeah, of course, we're ready, be ready. Ain't drinking ship. Who's a designated drinking You gonn pick somebody to drink for you drink? I tell you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go Hi, every damn ship ship they can and called those two well, it's funny too, because your lists come and go. I got one too, and ship your ship. Let me tell you, because they taught me this ship is no no to here, not here.
Speaker 2: Not here. I would listen. You're my acting. I still care, I still look.
Speaker 1: So I still can't say certain words like what they got to come up and then I can tell you like I.
Speaker 2: Can't people laughing at me every time I say coffee, why he said it's fine. What I said, it's fine? Yeah? Sometimes I say coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's so that's some Italian ship, right, that's my.
Speaker 2: People be telling me I'm Italian. You got that, that's that's that's that. But see I do that with David McLean.
Speaker 1: Instead of saying that's that's ours, I say that's ours ours. Yeah, it's instead of saying I want a glass of water, say I want a glass of water, right, And that's not my daughter, that's my daughter.
Speaker 4: It's not like some Boston accent there sounds like I'm never gonna get this ship.
Speaker 2: That's easy. Ship.
Speaker 1: All I did was copy CALLI niggas okay, okay and gangsters.
Speaker 2: They talked like that. You know what. The crazy thing I just seen the other day that the dumb c was like the Yeah for Dempson, Yeah, I thought that was amazing. Man. I haven't spoke to him so long.
Speaker 1: Man wherever you have some stories, niggas. But there's a woman with you on Soul Plane that that you kind of like flipped on people for not taking the acting gig. Serious, Nah, that wasn't me that, No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jesse Terrrero wasn't having Jesse runs a tight ship. Man.
Speaker 1: You know I didn't do anything of the sort, you know, if anything that was Kevin's vehicle. But Snoop stole that movie. You stole that movie. That fucking captain mac He was killing that ship, nigger. I think a lot of that ship was covered off the top of his head. Shout out the stupid dog an amazing motherfucking Do.
Speaker 2: You think we need a soul plane in real life?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But I tell you what I do have a suggestion.
Speaker 1: I want they should have designated flights for people with children and animals.
Speaker 2: You killed that man because you know I love kids. Say all children is on one flight?
Speaker 1: Like it should be a designated flight for people with children. Just children, Okay, people, dog, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my friend. He wants his dog. He got relax.
Speaker 1: And I have nothing against the animals, the animal community, the animal loving community, have nothing against the children. But there, but it can be an inconvenience sometimes and.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it be that big ass dog they like it's a puppy. It could be.
Speaker 1: Sixteen years old. I have a fear of big dogs. I've been bitten before. I mean, I've been chased a lot, so I have like this little fear of big dogs and ship. So if I have to sit next to your big dog, and I'm not going to be afraid of it, I'm pretty sure the dog is well behaved, but it's making my experience uncomfortable, you know. And I paid just as much or if not more, from my seat than you did.
Speaker 2: And if the dog has an accident, we have to ride with that.
Speaker 1: And I heard that the person that has the dog is responsible for it. Now I've seen people have their dogs in the airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Now the thing with the kids, Now, it's not so much with the kids because sometimes kids their ears pop and then.
Speaker 2: You know, drives them freaking crazy. But if your child.
Speaker 1: Is constantly screaming no, I want it, let me, you know, jumping out and and or just you know, just the kick in the seat thing, and you're sitting there on your phone. What I can't say anything to this child that you don't say anything to the child. And honestly, real men don't say anything to women, and especially not in the confrontational man. So now I'm stuck with this, this badass kid, and I'm saying, I'm saying all kinds of faust ship.
Speaker 2: In my head, like if it was mine, I beat the ship out. I was taking the damn And you know, I think that they should have their own flights period.
Speaker 3: In the dream Champs Airline, bro drink Champs Airlines, Yeah New York, No, not to New York, just flying out of Orlando period.
Speaker 2: The Disney kids all up in just being in that terminal.
Speaker 1: I think you just got that carpet and that little round every year when you get off them drag.
Speaker 2: That corfet is so warn the fuck out.
Speaker 1: Look them babies being there, tearing that place to fuck down. And this is what they do. Tell me if from lying, this is what they do. All the colorful shit be right soon as you get off that plate, All the colorful.
Speaker 2: Shit be right that candy toys.
Speaker 1: It's like when you do spend like fifteen hundred already in the park over two days, getting your kids on kind of shit that broke the second day. Now they got this sit in the fucking and it's for double.
Speaker 2: You ain't even in the.
Speaker 1: Party for double in the motherfucking airport, so fuck them. No, you should see the kids falling down, parents dragging their kids away from the fucking.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. The little mini mouse toy, the little girl like little sluts you dead ragging up, you know them leashes, got the leash like this, the home just like this.
Speaker 1: Then you get that cool mom is cool, white ball coolert.
Speaker 2: So she just left the baby there, left the baby there.
Speaker 1: Like okay, carro I'm going that's what you're gonna do. Okay, Mom's gone by, car walk the off. That baby girl stood there crowd for a second. She was watching it, though. As soon as she got too far, she got up like a started running right behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, all right, I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready there.
Speaker 5: All right, I think you wanna explain the rules. We're gonna give you two choices. If you pick one, we're good. But if you say both are neither we drinking? Well we drinking for you? Well, well you're drinking your tatue.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm not gonna lie at the video set. You came to my hood, you know me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: You asked me for two bottles of Ace of Spade. I gave it to you, but then you forgot them.
Speaker 2: So I want to make sure I get put them in.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, yea, I'm gonna make sure because I think you ask for your wife. And by the way, I had to make sure you're gonna believe with these two bottles this time?
Speaker 2: Okay, So how I get it on the plane? You put you know all you gotta do?
Speaker 1: Give it to d Yeah, because I've seen them.
Speaker 2: If it's not duty free, because they are taking If you got, if you got, if you got, if you got the what is that ship called? If you if you put if you checking in the back, if you check it in the bag, if yeah, yeah, I'll you forget.
Speaker 4: I want you to know I'm a because you won't ask me for nothing. That one thing you asked me for I've never forgotten. And I remember you putting the bottles back because the director wanted to film. And then you forgot you. By the way, I wonder what came there with though, goddamn, let me tell you something matth you my friend, But that never that never downgrades my fanness for of you.
Speaker 2: Never downgrade.
Speaker 4: It never takes away from how great you are. Like, I'm just letting you know, bro, you are one of the greats. Are you a real one?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: You ain't a liar? You are every Every.
Speaker 4: Motherfucking encounter I've ever had with you has always been pleasant. It has always been real, and I really appreciate you. Thank you, And let me say.
Speaker 2: That real quick. Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of the few people that since the day he doesn't remember the day I met him, but since the day I met him. He said my name right, yeah, I got I got to drop in ninety four. How can I be down from him? And he said it immaculately.
Speaker 4: Because you've been effing for a long time, for a long time.
Speaker 1: He said, I said it in the car, and I was like, rash, How you say his name like you don't like when you call him?
Speaker 2: You got the skip? Do you got?
Speaker 1: Do we got it set up? And do you got? Yeah? Use your job application?
Speaker 2: Boys, By the way, I get a lie di you what what's up? That's my boy diego.
Speaker 4: He might have been He might have been the most hype ist we've had seven years.
Speaker 2: You know, all your lyrics rocks hang on, yeah, got you? Oh ship ship she spread out and rocks hang on like that ship.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dave did that ship?
Speaker 2: This is your ray right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh nigga, y'all were freestyling.
Speaker 1: This is like, yeah, tongue out your ship with the Russian screw job.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was losing because this is a classic. That ship perfect. That ship went further than that we was. We started mother jokes and all that.
Speaker 2: One thing.
Speaker 1: Dude, rais hilarious, figure, hilarious son, the funniest fuck.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, while I went to raise wedding, I had beautiful, beautiful, beautiful her.
Speaker 2: Wedding reception everything.
Speaker 4: I wanted to send love to him and his queen real thank you for inviting me, me being part of that.
Speaker 2: That was hip hop royalty. I knew Chef was going to turn up like that. Man. That motherfucker always been a little clack gone like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, yeah, Hitchcock mixed with Capone.
Speaker 2: I don't believe his wife is Italian too, yeah, it was telling that ship was destined. I'm telling you this so beautiful.
Speaker 4: Me nobody, nobody has security, everybody that was dead and we just we just showed out for the brother man.
Speaker 2: Let's make some great I love that for my brother. I want that for all my brothers. Okay, let let's get the quick time of slide ready.
Speaker 5: Yes, first, all right, Biggie or Big L, where are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Well? Check this right.
Speaker 1: Big L used to shell me my my, my wet you know what I mean. Yeah, Big L used to shell me. Dush nigga.
Speaker 2: None of us big hit that ship from BIGL. With that being said, both.
Speaker 4: Okay, drinking shun is back, by the way, I'm not gonna lie to I think that's the first time I've ever been.
Speaker 2: Shot like that on drinking.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 2: We didn't understand that first. I mean this was like the first time first time you didn't understand the slang.
Speaker 4: Of course, let me I tell you, I didn't know Big L even knew who I was.
Speaker 2: And when Big L passed away.
Speaker 4: This drop came out of him saying, I following with Nori and Cam was doing something. He said something like that, and I was I was blowing away that.
Speaker 1: He even knew who I was, but he sold us and ye just thought, but you just thought those was rhymes. I was living streets boy.
Speaker 2: Recipes both of them, all right, park or d m X.
Speaker 1: Man, I can't he polarizing right now? Man, It's like East Coast West Coast there, the same nigga.
Speaker 2: Was a good shot to me. You gotta do the next fall. That's all on you. I'm gonna skip this. I'm miss action. Nigga's that nigga? O D B or BISMARKI dB stop playing dirty dirt dog there, y'all? Yeah? Really putting Fourth di Ciper or True Master?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, well Fourth decide that's one of Riz's pupils and ship and he he he took.
Speaker 2: It pretty far.
Speaker 1: But I gotta go with True Master because true Masters still doing it. Okay, Yeah? And he you know, yeah, he's smart with that ship. He's a master with them, with them, with their music.
Speaker 5: Ellmatic are ready to die? You skipped oky? I wanted to do Ellatic?
Speaker 2: Did Jesus dude all madic or rad? And I said that they was going to ask that question too, Who was me?
Speaker 1: I said, Yo, They're gonna ask me probably ask me some ship like Aromatic or Ready to Die, and I'm gonna say some funny ship like I don't own either one of them fucking albums or something like I never heard either one of them ships write some dumb ship like that.
Speaker 2: Right, both of them ships is fucking classic. Hell yeah, right, I'm taking a shot that both. Okay, go ahead, both you got it?
Speaker 1: Do wall We got what we got late Bloomer, come on there or you took it early.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna represent represent Grash five.
Speaker 4: You represent math right now. Don't make us look bad. Ice Cube or Scarface Cube, you my man, But I gotta go with Face. Face has never done a bad album yet. Man, I have never heard a bad scarf Face album ever. Face is that dude. But it's almost like applying like you heard the bad No, no, no, I'm not implying.
Speaker 1: That it's had a bad cubeb I'm just saying Scarface has been consistent over the years. Ice Cube has a lot more hats that he wears and ship. You know, so while ice Cube might have been you know, conquering Hollywood, Face was you know small for me.
Speaker 2: Because you know, if it wants to argue you down I can get it like Ice Cube. Look, let me tell you, I just love your love ice Like. I was the only person.
Speaker 1: That I know that when we went on the West Coast and did a show with him, the stadium was full of Mexicans, full of them. They loved that nigga like the Dodgers for real. That was hard because they love the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Rizza or Premiere pre Bowl? You cool as ship, but Rizzid. I love your pre Bowl, but Rizzi, you got a whole thing like this one. That love that J Kendrick so ship we're just taking made me choke on that shit pause.
Speaker 1: Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane. Damn, I should say big Daddy Kane to rock him? Man, you know what I'm saying. I'll say big Daddy can't and rock him. Let's say that one, all right, all right, yo?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I gave Kana a the cow box and just you know, now, you know, giving him his flowers, and he seemed too enthusiastic about that. That's that's probably.
Speaker 2: A goodness.
Speaker 1: You know, him and him and my partner, and they knew each other, so they was chopping it up. He got a bit distracted, but you ain't even thank me for that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking a little bit, Daddy Man, I'm gonna say both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, Mary j or Mariah Carey, Mary the Wire or Os.
Speaker 2: It got to be The Wire.
Speaker 1: The Wire is the greatest show, the greatest crime show ever made.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just can't skip over that though. The Wire and All of Power is probably one of the best classic TV hood shows ever. Which one I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, you know what, when I think a lot of it has to do now with The Wire, I can.
Speaker 2: Speak for The Wire. Those guys are from the community.
Speaker 1: All the actors shot, the actors, the fucking writers.
Speaker 2: It was the police. The police was Ed burn Is, the cop.
Speaker 1: He was one of the writers. Simon worked at the newspaper.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, like fucking him and Melvin fucking people that that's they fucking buddies. Melvin was one of the biggest fucking drug dealers and fucking Baltimore and ships. No, the nigga that played the fucking deacon, the preacher, he the real deal.
Speaker 1: That's that's what the dudead. Yes, you know, you know, for all that clothes he like this right that's a O G O G like super o G right there. And fucking the nigga that played Omar, or or rather the real Omar.
Speaker 2: He was in the show too.
Speaker 1: He was fucking in the in the.
Speaker 2: R P right well, the actor. No, I'm not talking about Mike. He was in the scene with Mike. He was in the scene with Mike.
Speaker 1: When Mike was in they brought him the fucking the phone books and ship with the glasses. The big nigga that's Omar in jail and yeah, that's Homar.
Speaker 2: Get them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so teach me too much. And he ain't gay, just you know, f y and ship but like and and and and the corner that showed the corner they did that too, corner right and yeah as well. Now Ms fran Frannie like played by Candy Alexander.
Speaker 2: She played frand that Omar and.
Speaker 1: Her married in real life, real the real friend and the real Omar.
Speaker 2: Wow, at least at that time they was.
Speaker 1: I don't know about now, but yeah, yeah, and I met the real DeAndre that the friend's son that was selling the drugs and got strung out on it. He was the he was the other Muslim cat you have brother muse that was with him carrying the book.
Speaker 2: That's DeAndre, that's her. So this is me acting this out of.
Speaker 4: Pure fun facts, y'all at a pure innises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: The wire was that ship when you got hired to do it or you knew it, you knew it. The first season blew everybody the fuck away. They did everybody to fuck away. I got on on the second season. I was lead with Pablo Shriver, my dude, pob blow what's up boy?
Speaker 2: He's dope. And then that third season is what solidified.
Speaker 1: And what people didn't understand about the second season was you cannot tell the story of Baltimore and not include the Docks.
Speaker 2: What is the second The second season is the construction on the.
Speaker 1: Union with the Greeks, right, So the pattern that they followed was you saw from the drug dealers perspective and the cops prospective first season, second season it was now that came later. The second season was the Docks, the gangsters, the cops, and the Greeks, because you cannot tell us the story of Baltimore without including them fucking docks, or they would not have been true to form. That third season was the education system when they brought them kids in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michauld be Jordan's.
Speaker 1: He was sing the season when seventh season one, in the fourth season was the newspapers, the newspapers and all that ship.
Speaker 2: And then everything just came to a head.
Speaker 5: And the political side of the politically started getting into politics.
Speaker 4: Seasons The Wire have seven five five because it's arguably the Sopranos, The Wire all HBO too crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and but this, this is this is elected logu all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Wire. Yes, that's Alexa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I've never seen Breaking Band and the Brothers, all of these shows.
Speaker 1: Alexa, she cast all of these, killing the game. Yeah, she killing the game man. And I mean, you know, at the end of the day when he, like I was saying, when these stories are told by the people who are from the communities, I don't think you can lose, man.
Speaker 2: But you can't. You cannot, Okay, Yeah, what's the next one? New Jack City or King of New York.
Speaker 1: The acting is way better in King of New York, way way better in King of New York and King of New York. The acting and that's not taken away from New Jack City because they was killing that shit.
Speaker 2: Everybody was really, but if.
Speaker 1: You it's apples and oranges really, because King of New York is just low budget goodness, whereas New Jack City had a little bit more of a budget. And I mean earnest they had earnest he could. I mean that motherfucker take lemons and make lemonade. You heard He's a brilliant fucking director. You know what I'm talking about. So I'm gonna go with damn shit King of New York, the underdog fucking I like the way that shit ended.
Speaker 2: Conway or Been need a butcher. You ain't getting me to do that? Both niggas. Ain't that wake up? Brother?
Speaker 4: Look that one hit me all right? Only built for Cuban links.
Speaker 2: I am neither both niggas both Jesus. I gotta go to get do do? How many shots we a right now? I think we're at five? Yeah? You drinking shoe polished? Go ahead, my nigga sho that's what it's called mother water. But there's a portable bottle. I'm calling checks though every month that was hard. You wanna go to the next one?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 5: I think I but he changed it on the other ones. Uh cares one or mass days?
Speaker 2: You can't do that. It gotta be Chris. It has to be.
Speaker 1: Even though Ace was a big inspiration behind my Rahms back in the day. I was biting his ship too, But you gotta go with Chris Man knowledge raised supreme over nearly everyone who That ain't even fair great good.
Speaker 5: The next one, okay, this is movies Master Killer or Five Deadly Venoms.
Speaker 2: I'm going mad, Oh, Gordon Lewis, Gordon leew Is that dude, man. But the Five Deadly Venoms is like, that's like the fucking just like that. That's that.
Speaker 1: If I tell anybody to start their fucking journey with those movies, it would be that one. But that that Master Killer got to be into the thirty six chambers. It has to be shout out the ghost face just because he told me to do that ship Yesterday's like, just say my name and ship.
Speaker 5: On that.
Speaker 2: Ghosts.
Speaker 4: But I remember my first experience with Wou Tang and y'all incorporated the kum Fu flicks the movies in there, and I remember that being like the most genius ship.
Speaker 1: After that Rizzo motherfucker again. So that was Rizzar's ideazz Riz all day. I mean, we were sitting around watching them ships, and that's all he used to do. He had them ships, and like he had ships that weren't even in English or with subtitles up underneath. That motherfucker man Riz is an ill motherfucker. So I mean the vision was already there. He knew exactly how he wanted to do it. He implemented it, and I mean, like, I don't know if you're familiar with a team, but when Hannibal used to say, I love it when the plan comes together, that's exactly what that ship feel like. Nigga, you want to take a little, don't go. That's a god ship like job.
Speaker 2: Well done. Murdoch was my dude, and.
Speaker 4: I'm being honest, ride out drunk the share out of me. In Paris. He straight up to me, he was like, what, oh ship?
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 4: He had great goose and some Japanese ship, and I was just like, risd knows how to focus his cheek yo drink. He'll drink a whole bottle, be drunk and be like straight. I don't know if he knew I was gonna be there. I was like, I got no film. It's the first five seconds of it. I go yo, man, He's like, what of course I got you.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 4: As soon as those cameras went off, he was like, let's go. And it was like in my mind he was saying, like I'm a beating Norri drinking tonight.
Speaker 1: And he said, boy, smart fly motherfucker. Yoh, oh my god, I ain't gonna lie. Oh man, I know I know all of you niggas. That's what's crazy. I got we got a great light, you know, and everyone. Man. The funniest shit about the whole ship is like Queens, yes anonymous with hip hop, you know what I mean, mc shan old.
Speaker 2: Juice Crew up to you guys.
Speaker 1: I mean even with NICKI Minaj now and ship, it's lit. Queens has always been lit. Brooklyn, same ship, Big Jay Fab. The list goes on and on. You know the Bronx where it started at. You got Joe Kuan ling them niggas, you know what I mean, Harlem, Harlem, dude.
Speaker 2: They number people still.
Speaker 1: You know, to be from Staten Island in the not just be from Staten Island, but to be respected and this genre is a beautiful fucking thing.
Speaker 2: And ship because for.
Speaker 1: Real, even to this day, I'll be on the instagram and ship and they was like different shoes for different Burroughs.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: They put the ship up for Brooklyn Black Air Force one right right right, Queen. I think Queen's had like you had an Air Jordan or something like that, maybe the four.
Speaker 2: Or something like. I don't know, I can't quite I know Harlem was like that that boot.
Speaker 1: Them niggas used to the the old Dingo boot.
Speaker 2: Remember them ships, the pony skin ship. You know. Charl had Nigga.
Speaker 1: I think it was it was off of a crocoile hug boot, one of those. He tried the shipold us Man like real bad a ship. But then you know, ask anybody that came to stat Dollard. They missed that. Ferry got a good look. I recorded the Mystic Studios at one point, Mystic the shithold, Damn. I'm playing mystic as dope, mysticans, Dope, my bad, my bad ship, my bad.
Speaker 2: That's nice in that. It's nice in there. They're like I got in there. It was like yo, you know, woo, can't do they here? I was like I thought I was. I was like.
Speaker 1: Ship, the med flab open for business, the toilet fixed.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got the toilet fix y'all come in there.
Speaker 1: You's the bathroom now, baby, this.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be a funny one Redman or Buster rons.
Speaker 1: You don't do that to me and ship busted my brother from another mother. But Redman all day. You can't do that ship. And now they taking ship away from Buster because Buster just got a lifetime achievement of woman but Redman ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you battle Red Man in versus. But if they was to offer you to battle Buster, I would even like going on stage after Buster.
Speaker 2: Kid, be.
Speaker 1: Serious, Buster take all the air out of the room as he shut has he sure he ain't come in the game like that?
Speaker 2: He consisted his fuck right, yo.
Speaker 1: Buster, There's nothing that I don't think like whatever Buster put his mind to, he could do that ship. But when he in front of that crowd, that's his. I don't care who performing that. That crowd is fucking his.
Speaker 4: He says, he doesn't rehearse. I told him, you know to him, is you know the beautiful thing about it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Him?
Speaker 2: And split it? None of us real because me and Doc do the same ship. Right. So no, but you performed with somebody. I'm serious.
Speaker 1: You perform with somebody for so long that you learn the nuances of what they do. Doc do this move he used to do all the time on the Goodness Right, So after a while I started doing.
Speaker 2: It. Became part of the routine. No, this is real shit.
Speaker 1: Even that Superman LOVEO shit we did on the versus, we never done that ship before. That ship was made up on the spot, made up on the spot. What would happen in the rehearsal for the verses because we wanted to get our songs right was I said, you know what, you should get a cap for Superman lover.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We ain't say what it was gonna be, how it was going to be. But when I put the cap on him and I flung it back like that.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait a minute, it's kind of fly. That's kind of fly, right.
Speaker 1: And regardless, you know, whoever had the best verses and all that, and I think the locks and the dips that one was the best by far, by far. I like the I like the Beanie Man want before.
Speaker 4: Over and he started and he started doing homies verse on his own song.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah man, yeah yeah showmanship wise again. Locks you could tell that they I mean when you come up under the bar No. But when you come up under that bad boy Umbrother, that's a requirement.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Remember they was with Puff first, and Puff did tour tours. These ain't fucking you know clubs these with arenas. You gotta have your ship together, brocatro all that ship so them niggas is veterans period. But when you get two guys like myself and Doc and you know, you never know what you're gonna get because this motherfucker do comedy while you're up there. I might do some fucking man, you never know what the fuck you're gonna get and ship and we don't sometimes, and sometimes we get backstage and be like, good show, my nigga, and we give that look like that's it, that's it. That's fucking it right there now. Split now to get back to Buster. Him and Spliff start have that same report. He told me that and Spliff, Spliff is so in tune with this nigga, you see it. You could tell sometimes that Buster do some new ship and Splipper catch it out the side of his eye and catch it. Sometimes Buster and the ship too soon, and Spliff will still be doing it.
Speaker 2: But it blend.
Speaker 4: Well, blend well is fuck to this day, twenty five years. I've been telling Buster, I don't I think you rehears ain't rehearsing.
Speaker 2: Ship, and he never reheards. Now that's experience, it's experienced.
Speaker 1: The thing I loved our Buster was the Leaders of the New School Reunion. I never thought i'd see that they got a whole album lead us in New School. They got a whole album recording. Yeah, I got he got a flip Moe album. He got a Leaders to the New School. I spent you know, I spending bust like almost two times a week. And that's why we're going to see Buster and fifty cents in Nice, France. Drink Chance will be on the way and October and look at were putting in for your flight right now, I see you. Yeah, you will be in Nice, France to seeing them street. You see Woo Woo and Nas in Paris. So now we're gonna go Nice, going to Nice.
Speaker 2: We're going to Nice. That beach, the beach is all rocks. Yeah, we're going to we ain't going to beach.
Speaker 1: The beautiful yeah, beautiful, okay, beautiful, Holy moly, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So let's go to the next one. How high or belly two separate.
Speaker 1: Damn, I would have said how high or half bait or some ship like that.
Speaker 2: High or half bait?
Speaker 1: Oh you mean oh I got you, y'all said correalition. I like, well I got more screen time and how high?
Speaker 2: So I'll say how high? Okay? A video music about too.
Speaker 1: I think that I can't blame d C or Lilu YACHTI for the premise. MTV was very smart for doing what they did because the product was just sitting there.
Speaker 2: They got the rights, and you know, it keeps the name alive.
Speaker 1: So I'm not mad at it was them TV.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at in this ship.
Speaker 1: But I think that I don't think it was fair to those two guys. I think that, especially DC, his first vehicle should have been something original because he's funny as fuck.
Speaker 2: Did you watch it? No, I haven't seen it. Huh, I haven't seen it. Okay, I know what the script was, Privy. I'm moving on because I don't know how to deal with this video music boxer. You m TV raps. I'm going with Uncle Ral. I gotta go Uncle.
Speaker 1: I gotta go Uncle Rob. But see ED will do the same ship. I think I think Ed lovel will do the same ship thing. So okay, shout out to Ed lover head, lover head heat here e f n. It's like er he got yeah, full full full everybody is really me.
Speaker 2: But they Beijing full pike. No no, no, no no, it's not. It's just for men, just for Beijing, break you out, just for men.
Speaker 1: It's just let's pick up the fat Joe and DJ College. I don't know what they got going on. Tanks a part of that.
Speaker 2: To know wh niggas up like that. That's terrible.
Speaker 5: They posted they posted it.
Speaker 2: You know, they call that the male b b L. I think I gotta let this up. My brother Josey College, Holy ship. That was myth who said that. I'm walking around, I'm looking around, but they can't hold u account.
Speaker 1: I mean, women been doing it for years, so that's real.
Speaker 2: Just a look. That's all.
Speaker 1: Ray Kwan or ghost Face Great Quana, ghost Face bo drink motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Like he does not hesitate on loud. The one thing that you know about meth is you are loyal Lord. Yes, I am sure, yes, I am.
Speaker 4: Let me say something because I know, like I said, I know, everybody for wool chain.
Speaker 2: Individually. I have relationships with every single artist.
Speaker 4: The one thing that I could I can see is there was one point where like kind of like everybody was kind of like mad at Rizia a little bit. Yeah, but I've never seen you publicly ever say anything They wasn't dead.
Speaker 1: That's my nigga right there, man, Rizid. Like I said, I understand nuance, and I don't always get how things work, but when they're explained to me or when I have the epiphany and I get it, I can admit when I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: So I think I'm gonna live longer that way.
Speaker 5: But be honest, you said that at one point you didn't really well, not that you didn't understand nuance, but that you were more angry, like when it came to death.
Speaker 2: Jam.
Speaker 5: Did that take time for you to get to that nuance or maturity?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it started when I started doing my fitness journey, because before you can start on the outside, you got to start with the inside shit. And I wasn't well, man, you know, I wasn't well. I had to let a lot of things go and stop blaming people and take accountability for myself and take control. That's a beautiful thing when you do that when you take control and you fully know that you're in full control.
Speaker 2: Bruh, I'll punch a whole in the fucking wall right now. Ship. You look you can do it. I'm like, looks like a superhero right now. Now.
Speaker 4: Another thing that I've seen is you were the only one that had a job.
Speaker 2: During the come up. Everyone you worked to Staten Island. I worked the majority of my time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when I lost my job, I had to hustle myself.
Speaker 2: You didn't, you lost the job. I seen you. Yeah, I lost my job at the Statue of Liberty. Statue of Liberty, right, yeah, No, they ain't find me. I let me tell you what happened. Just the funny ship right here.
Speaker 1: Nineteen years old and I got into an accident on the on the island driving one of the Heister trucks, uh, the cart taking big dumpsters of garbage to the other side of the Liberty Island. Crashed my foot up, up, went to the hospital and just never went back to work.
Speaker 2: It just didn't go back. I ain't come back down this man. I just left. I just left. Yeah. I was on crutches. I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 1: I was on crutches for like the whole fucking summer, miserable as fuck, miserable as hell when.
Speaker 2: You came back.
Speaker 1: But you know the thing that this is the crazy ship because all my friends hustled, and the whole time they was out there hustling, I'm there with him because we're smoking. So I'm seeing them how they hustle, how they do it, how they get away. All that ship, you know, And when I started, I just followed that pattern and ship. And honestly, I've been locked up one time for possession of a control substance. Is we the control sucson? No, they don't consider that. They don't say that, right, They just say marijuana. They don't say control substance because I well, no, I wasn't locked up with us.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No. All the rest of my arrest was probably was mostly for smoking in public and having weed on me, but that was possession of a controlled substance. I only got caught once. The whole time I was I hate this is why when I when I be wrong, and I don't say too much about my drug career, because I hated that ship. I wasn't No Kingpin didn't have any aspirations to be a Kingpin. I was just trying to get money enough to pay the rent or to buy a hotel room for the night.
Speaker 2: I respected sleeping and shit.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the day, when you was drinking absolute straight, it burned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that type shit I was doing on con of thebauchery and ship. At the end of the day, I still had this talent. And when like I said, lucky to draw niggas got lucky, I didn't. I'm gonna tell you like this, bro, Staten Island. You know how you grew up in New York. You know, like nobody go to Staten Island.
Speaker 4: So they say yes, So they say, I'm gonna be honest, let me, let me, let me just give your flowers again. What y'all did is phenomenal. Which I did is un foreseeing it's never gonna be duplicated.
Speaker 2: I remember just hearing.
Speaker 4: I don't remember, just like I remember, I remember being scared of you, like me literally, I was scared of you because you had any I was like, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we looked. He was like wait a minute, like what the fuck is instanle? No, maybe that's why we didn't know. Holy ship.
Speaker 1: Now now mind you Pard not to cut you. I remember what I said about Big with the shirt, and you know, after the video everywhere with that fucking eye nigga one day girl around my way adriller love you mother. She was like, take that stupid ship out your fucking eye. You gonna fuck your eye up at I wear thatfter that I took that bitch out of you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest. Ghost Face too. I was scared of ghost Face as well because of the nigga didn't.
Speaker 2: Show his face.
Speaker 1: Well, your nigga knew what that was nuanced, come on once. But I'm a fan, I don't I don't know. I'm not in the industry at all. So a guy is doing the verse hiding his face.
Speaker 5: Oh does this yo, bro, Holy moly, call himself ghost Face.
Speaker 2: I always got to tell us.
Speaker 4: I always say it to ghost and Ghost be looking at me like he relaxed.
Speaker 1: We've been We've been at shows and Bounty they showed up looking for this nigga.
Speaker 2: I heard the story.
Speaker 1: I heard that like this nigga had and then you know, so it was major when he came out with his Dolottle album and the first thing he did in the video was what showed his face free nigga like, oh, you know what I mean? Since the face been redealed, game got real. Come on now, ghost is.
Speaker 2: That nigga Ben the ghost Killer?
Speaker 1: And I think that's that's the mystique of the Wu Tang right there, because you people constantly learned ship about us. The thing, the constant thing that I get is I didn't understand the words you motherfuckers was talking about back in the day.
Speaker 2: But the beats sound good.
Speaker 1: But as I got old, Yeah, but as I got old, it was like wow, and people explained ship to me, and it was like wow.
Speaker 4: Because ye, Staten Island was its own barrows.
Speaker 2: This is the beauty of it.
Speaker 1: It's like anybody that came to Staten Island they found out real quick. Like these niggas is fucking crazy out crazy.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie. You changed the game, man, So let me ask you about the beginning.
Speaker 1: Right now, White boys to beat y'all, White boys up, white boys, they different.
Speaker 2: Thas lie Nasa Jada, kiss Nasa Jada. I'm on tour with nas right now.
Speaker 5: I gag the next month. You don't want to do none of these, huh. I see your cap Donna or street life.
Speaker 2: You don't do that the fuck na both. Let mek up the cat man, you know, because he taught.
Speaker 4: I kept saying to you all night. I know everybody, but I didn't meet Cat till later after he came out of jail. Crazy shi it is. You might have been in there with him. And that's my nigga. That's what I was about to get to, like he's like, and he's on the low one of the funniest niggas in the world. Larryus, Like, don't let Cat start baking start he will he will get he will cut you the fuck off.
Speaker 2: Yes, and lyrically one of the others and literally one.
Speaker 1: Of you throwing the instrumental. Cat can give you a ten minute freestyle. I put I put money on it. Ten minutes stro how long was Winterwards his verse on that?
Speaker 4: And he might have freestyled that don't play with if you remember when we had wood tag on, yeah me you got.
Speaker 2: I was in heaven. I don't know why because I looked and that that was brother.
Speaker 1: Sometimes niggas see I only go junior high school with niggas. They go back grade school. Man, you could tell that too, that go back grade school.
Speaker 2: With them niggas.
Speaker 4: Man, you could tell okay, I'm gonnask this one.
Speaker 2: M O P or marb D get my drink ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, might as well, man, because you're fame fame, famous, fame.
Speaker 2: And billy like them.
Speaker 1: Niggas could have transcended and been, but they did not compromise for ship and that's why we love them niggas for life.
Speaker 2: Also, let me big up a habit.
Speaker 4: I've seen them another day a half, Yes, birthday and havoc and Q tip everybody that I got to see people at his birthday party was a pleasure.
Speaker 2: And also, y'all sin have blessings. Man.
Speaker 1: I mean it may be over for a lot of people out there, but trust me, he still missed his brother and that ships still fresh for him. Just send him a con word anything. I know his Instagram.
Speaker 2: I always say that I missed Prodigy.
Speaker 1: No prodigy, really really really really really from Himstead like me.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's right. That's the first thing when you google you, the first.
Speaker 1: Thing they say, they say Himstead, I kept it a buck and anybody that that live in Pimpstead right from Rock Monsciano fucking stove God from from Long Island too.
Speaker 2: Stove Guard. I believe it's from Long Island and.
Speaker 1: Rock him, you know, shout out talking about Wine Dance niggas man or everybody in Wine Dance could fight back in the day.
Speaker 2: When I was.
Speaker 4: They've had three bodies on the floor and they kept barbecuing. I said, wait, yeah, there you this is.
Speaker 2: Not the rap upside we got.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, wait a minute, Yeah, but you were saying about Pete.
Speaker 2: You were saying to me Pete. I really love pe Man. I missed Pe.
Speaker 4: I missed every thing, and I was thinking about it the other day and and you're right. You know, people should reach out to topic.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something about yeah like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and also Daylight Man because Yo Dave's birthday was racial and uh you know we on tour with them and they still feeling it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: Should reach out to the Wu Tang clan because O d B Loss is never going to be forgeting, No nah, no, I mean never be forgotten.
Speaker 1: Some of our mantra come directly from O. Dirty killer bees came from dirty killer bees. On the swarm came from Dirty Woo Tangers, from the children came from Dirty. All of that ship, most of our motherfucking bravado came from Dirty man. He told us from day one, even if we didn't believe it, he believed it.
Speaker 2: We the best, fucking best period.
Speaker 1: And not to take away from those lists or nothing. You know, I've seen them, the crew list and all that, and I don't pay attention to those. But the fans are speaking louder than the list nowadays. And death bro. Yeah, you know, salute to them. But the people have spoken and said that Wu Tang clans number one crew and outcasts again, shout out to them, love them. But the people are spoken again and said Wu Tang is the number one group Wu.
Speaker 4: Tang against outcasts and versus or Wu Tang is dungeon family.
Speaker 1: Well, w Tang gonna do no verses. We got too many songs, man, it wouldn't fit and would not fit. I don't think you can get us all in the room anyway, for real. I'm keeping it a buck.
Speaker 4: I think Swiss and Timberlin will get that bad.
Speaker 2: I believe. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I know they've been quiet out there. Believe Swiss. Yesterday morning he hit me. Yeah, it's been talking, not about verses.
Speaker 2: But wu tang against would you would you preferred waking against outcast? Or who taking this Dungeon family.
Speaker 1: Who tang against our castle, will tank against Dungeon families. That Dungeon family they strong man, and Outcast is strong by themselves too. But I'm just speaking to the the people that you know, take these lists and and and speak validity, and Outcast is fucking dope as far as albums and and consistency, and and Andre being the monster that he is, and Big Boy just being as dope as he is. And Ship I can see why a lot of people like, yeah, give the South.
Speaker 2: They just do. And it's kind of monumental.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's kind of monumental that they're number one because at the source of Wars, dra said that Ship South got something to say, and there is happy ever since.
Speaker 2: And I've been yelled from that day forward.
Speaker 1: It was like he was on the mission to show people in the South came up man big time. Well they've been up, but we just didn't know.
Speaker 4: I just seen an interview with Baby and Baby said that nobody would never have it back. He said the West Coast would never have it back, to the East Coast would never have it back.
Speaker 2: He said, it's in the South, staying in the South, and that's it. I disagree, it's it's it's worldwide, right, Yeah, I don't think even the region.
Speaker 1: That's we'll have it back, because I mean, they got a whole fucking movement in the UK.
Speaker 2: That's these motherfuckers. I like that.
Speaker 1: You're nice, these motherfuckers is nice. Not just the drill, but you know, other ship. Shout out to Ocean Wisdom. Shout out to my man Young Meth, welcome home, Brodie Man they got.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Little Simms. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and now he earned that ship. He nice nice. Did the record with it? I did record with him.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can check it out afterwards. It's called win a Bago.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also little Sims, she got this joint called Gorilla. Check that ship out. She real dope, she real dope, Yes, sir. And also check out my man P. K. Patrick Carnegie Karne.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is it? Carne?
Speaker 1: I'm a big dog stuff and within a big but he sounds rich to me, said with a big.
Speaker 2: He said, whatever motherfuckers say.
Speaker 1: He said, Uh, where's drain at?
Speaker 2: He should have the accents?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, fuck you and your fat mother. Damn, she can use a tree for a back scrubber. I can make a raft of back blubber or settle to the long lost owls on her back.
Speaker 2: Brother, that sounded Scottish. And you're a virgin. You never had sex with a person. You only had sex with your right time. We both know that ain't right? Man?
Speaker 1: Right? And ship flying in the pollen in the cockpit. You now that's got a neck like in our stretch. Tell a coume nibble on this. Pekke cock bitch word mugs or Pete rock Pete. I love margins, but pete good fellas or casino?
Speaker 2: Oh fuck.
Speaker 1: Good fellas because it's shorter that that that casino. Get long in the tooth like a motherfucker. Man at the tire, the here and Sharon Stone crying.
Speaker 4: Wine and ship that's a good waiting for this, this this question?
Speaker 2: All night? Sugar or puff? Sugar puff? Sugar puff? That's if you say both, We're good. I'm not saying but what do you mean sugar and puff? Or what what do you mean? Whatever you want? Yeah, yeah, I don't no shug puff?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so we don't take a shot the yeah picked okay, n W a h public enemy.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. They both stood. Damn. You feel like you want to take a shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, shot shot shot shot, shot shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh Rockefeller, Yeah, I better take that shot. Dat even say alone.
Speaker 4: I was, I was, I was going take the shot and this last one and to be put this out loyalty or respect. I'm gonna say loyalty because you know, a lot of times people don't respect it, but after a while, it gains you respect.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go with loyalty and ship man. So let's make some noise back, but take a plisso to hold it down.
Speaker 4: Okay, this famous tour you method man, DMX job Rule jay Z. Yeah, it's rumored that you and meth Me and Red. Yeah, you and Red came out first. Yeah we did, but y'all.
Speaker 2: Destroyed it so much that it made people want to come to the show after a while. Yeah, that's the that's the story. And then I was there. I know that shit happened, all right.
Speaker 1: So DJ Clue was the house DJ Okay, he would be out there, lights be on.
Speaker 2: You know, people are still getting in their seats and no lied.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we would go out on that stage, the lights will still be on and people were still getting in their seats. But by the time we finished the show, our set rather, it would always be packed and they would be amped up for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the show. And this is when you start flying in yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then after like the third one, the reviews come in and people was like, get to the show Earth early met the man in red Man do their thing, and yeah, man's early. I would say, like before the first act Couples seven seven seven, there was an actor came on before y'all.
Speaker 2: Nah, it's just clue. He was the house j Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we would come on after that and ship. But I mean it says a lot because we got the Source Award that year for Performers of the Year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was dope.
Speaker 1: Now even though we didn't get to perform at the Source a Wars, because that's when that fight happened.
Speaker 2: That was when the fight happened at the Source of Wars. Yeah, that's when we won. Mm hmm. Yeah. Dude was in the crowd scrapping. This is another Source Awards where Sugarber is on the stage.
Speaker 1: No, nah, that that one. I had my wife at that one too. Man, that ship was weird that night. That shit was real weird. I like that night. It showed a big divide in hip hop, you know what I mean, in hip hop in West no in hip hop period. And the thing about it was the way it turked in the East coast West Coast was because of media attention, and they steered it into that because it sold more articles.
Speaker 2: I noticed a cliche type of question. Ye notice a cliche type of question. But did you ever think that hip hop will make it this war? Hey? I knew it. I knew it.
Speaker 1: It's like the same reason why I love being black. Oh, I love because it's like I think I got an advantage because of being black. I think I have an advantage because of the way I came up in this world. And shit, you know what I mean, It's like my disadvantages on my advantages in this world because I'm always going to be underestimated from the door. But I'm always ready, so I don't have to get ready. Damn, that makes a noise of that.
Speaker 2: You gotta go, Yeah, I gotta cash this flight.
Speaker 4: But did you ever because I don't think you accept this terminology, You're gonna talk that sex. Look, let me clear this up, wanting for the last I'm gonna clear this up for the last time.
Speaker 1: Of course, the admiration is a great thing. It makes me feel great. Does it tend to be uncomfortable at times? Absolutely? For me, it's being put on a pedestal that people create in their own minds, and then when you fall short of that, there's no coming back from it, and there's no forgiveness or uh, what's the word redemption in their eyes. So for me, just put me on the ground level with all you guys. We can all commute together and ship and see the beauty in each and every last one of us.
Speaker 2: Because all of us got sexy in us. Let's just keep it that. That's where. But I'll be sexy, why not? But yeah, and shout out to the Men's Health. Yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your fifty fifty was very gracious because I'm pretty sure that was his cover. And this dude is such a marketing genius that yeah fifty is he definitely chess. He not check is at all man, and he definitely knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: And ship shout out the fifth fifty.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you you you you my role model. Mm hmmm, solute you my brother. I know you know that, but I'm gonna tell it in front of the people. You know, if I need advice, I'll call you, I'll reach out. You always pick up the phone, always talk to me.
Speaker 4: And I just want you to know how I appreciated you are in life as a totality, not just not just not just who you are as an artist, who you are as a man, because our relationship is man relationship.
Speaker 2: I had one because Meth came out one time. Let me just tell us, I'm going Keith marry. I was finally I finally had my one headlining tour and Meth came out on Keith Mary's ship. He started walking on people's head. I got that ship from my daughter.
Speaker 4: But we want to tell you we love you. We want to tell you how honest we are to have you on this show. I'm going to tell you how much you mean the hip hop appreciate because you really really go appreciate it really and.
Speaker 2: It's transcendent hip hop at this point for sure, and Nigga you on everything. Thank you, brother, thank you.
Speaker 1: If I see you selling apple Jack's Waffle's tomorrow, I won't be surprised because I'm like, I'm a bottles Apple Jacks waffle waffles.
Speaker 4: Because you can do everything, bro, no wrong. Man, don't take nothing away from me to tell you how great you are it. Don't take nothing away from anything. And I just want to say thank you my brother, big up James Ellis.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, salute to this platform too. Man, y'all killing it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love the fucking platform. And you guys are always going to have an audience in my house.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Everybody to get up and make some noise, motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production in association with Interval Presents hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f N from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms. At the Real noriagon I g at Noriaga on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com