Speaker 1: Why am I sweating already? Scott you didn't even start yet off sweating?
Speaker 2: Who you have under boob sweat?
Speaker 1: That's sweet of you, speaking gift. Sweet. Welcome to Serial Killers. It's episode fourteen.
Speaker 2: I'm Andrew.
Speaker 1: We made fourteen. I'm Scottie B. And this one, well, you suggested one of these serials a few weeks ago, like can we please do blah blah blah. So I had to feel like I say that every single week in my basement, and uh so we're gonna do it this week. But you choose this week classic or new school classic? You want the classic? Okay?
Speaker 2: Is that my suggestion?
Speaker 1: You can? You can have the classic here. Let me give you a hint where the classic will be.
Speaker 3: Yes, you need to sorry part of your good breakfast.
Speaker 2: I just have one thing to say.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's for Apple Jay's for Jackson.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you said, I'll give you a hint, and then they said the name forty five times.
Speaker 1: So do you know what cereal?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: Golden Crisp, no corn pops?
Speaker 1: No, uh uh, I don't know it's Apple jacksh hold on, I'm going into my cereal bag.
Speaker 2: I thought it was the cereal sack whatever.
Speaker 1: Sack of cereal. I love apple jacks, cinnamon crunchy apple jacks, I'll give you.
Speaker 2: Do not put apple chips. Just make me the artificial flavored apple, and I'm a fan of it.
Speaker 1: Now these if you look at the package, these o's of apples used to all just be this orange peach color if you remember that. Yeah, they're now both green and orange or whatever the hell it is. It's sweetened cereal with apple and cinnamon, first introduced in nineteen sixty five as Apple o's. It wasn't until nineteen seventy one that the jacks was added in for marketing purposes, and those two like like kids, were on the front of the box. It was like their stick figures made crayons.
Speaker 2: No, you keep explaining things as if I'm supposed to just noad my head and be like, oh, yes, of course I was alive in the seventies. I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Now it's just like an angry cinnamon stick and a weird look at apple. That's really frightening.
Speaker 2: No, haven't you heard their voices. No, the cinnamon stick is Rastafarian, I could tell from his hat, and he is an angry apple. I'm not sure if I like these characters, I do.
Speaker 1: What does it say on the back? Do they have names? Why is there a unicorn with the cross eyed.
Speaker 2: I have a question?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is fruit Loops the same company as Apple Jacks?
Speaker 1: Yes? So they literally machine's going to say, I have a question for you. Okay, why did the lady get fired from the calendar factory?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Because she took a few days off.
Speaker 2: Wait what she took a few days off of the calendar.
Speaker 1: That's a joke on the back of the box. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: And then the wonky unicorn says, could that be any more corny? Why are there jokes on here?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: And this one also has like a mad lips type thing on the back cricket cricket.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking of where how they process these in a plant like, I want to see the how it's made. Cereal edition.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it exists somewhere. I will tell you that. And I've said this before as a kid growing up, my mom always said that Apple Jacks is the worst cereal that you can eat, like the most sugar and the worst ever. So I never had it until once again I went to sleep Away Cap and they just pumped us full of sugar as much as humanly possible. So that's where I got my apple jacks. That way you got corrupted it really it really is oh first ingredient corn flour blend. That's that's good, and then sugar is the second ingredient. I know there's some kind of rule like sugar has to be at least like the fourth ingredient or so for to not be that bad for you, But who cares.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: It's all for the shit.
Speaker 2: I love apple jacks.
Speaker 1: Yep, open it up. Oh, Kellogg's strong glue on this bag. Cinnamon, a crunchy fun to eat.
Speaker 2: Your thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love apple jacks so much, mostly because the smell of it also smells like a warm glass of like cider.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't think it smells like that at all.
Speaker 2: Smell let me have my moment.
Speaker 1: But I know there's been some other varieties over the years that you can't get really too many different rides. I know there was one that was just called cinnamon applejacks, but they're all cinnamon.
Speaker 2: Now I feel like the sugar from however many episodes we've been doing. He's now sorry to like kick in and we're talking really really fast, and everything we say is really really fast.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The sugar is really kicking in.
Speaker 1: It's affecting my brain.
Speaker 2: You're sweating a lot. I am sweating like it's it's a lot to look at you right now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, look like you're going like the little specks. Oh look at this one. I'm gonna pick this one out, this one like the circle got sealed with little the red specs. I'm gonna pour the milk on your finger. If you don't pay attention to me. Okay, that's rude. You're constantly checking your phone. You're like a tenth grader in school.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not Scott.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the familiar sound of pushing the o's into the milk.
Speaker 2: I love Applejacks already. I already know this is getting four balls and a spoon from you. M h. It's a pretty perfect cereal.
Speaker 1: It tastes just as I remember. But when I was younger, the o's looked like they were frosted more. They didn't have these little red specs, and the o's were really frosted and a little bit bigger.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan. This gets four balls and a spoon from me.
Speaker 1: I'm choking on red specs.
Speaker 2: I don't know the he i'mli It takes me.
Speaker 1: Back, that's for sure. This is this is definitely a childhood cereal, and it reminds me of my childhood. It's it's a pretty decent cereal. But I'm going to go two balls in a spoon. Really. You can look at me like that all you want, but it's not one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I hate working with you.
Speaker 1: We agree to disagree, but.
Speaker 2: This isn't something we can disagree on.
Speaker 1: Apple Jacks. I love Applejack here, take it home.
Speaker 2: Then it hurts my heart.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Two bows in the spoon. I'm sorry. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so it's just like that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So anyway, a few weeks ago, you specifically asked me for a variety of cheerios. It's not I don't want to say it's new, but it hasn't been around certainly as long as Apple Jacks. You know, varieties of cheerios come and go. You know, your favorite peanut butter chcolate. Not sure how much longer that's going to be around. I hope they have the very berry one every once in a while, which I love.
Speaker 2: I've never had that.
Speaker 1: They had strawberry, then they had very berry, now they have blueberry, which I love. We really did like the blueberry. Don't make that face, because we did like it. Peach is just the limited time. I don't even know if they have it anymore right now. But this is the one that you wanted cereal sack into my cereal sack. It's the battle of the cinnamon apples, Apple cinnamon cheerios. Yes, so this is apple cinnamon cheerios. That was like kind of fake cinnamon apple apple jacks. So look look at that giant o of cinnamon on the back.
Speaker 2: Your bowl of cinna. Yum.
Speaker 1: That's right. So my guess is these are not going to be quite as sweet because cheerios generally are not.
Speaker 2: You've never had apple cinnamon cheerios.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have or not.
Speaker 2: Oh they're so good.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you something again. That's why we didn't like the peanut butter chocolate cheerios because they just weren't sweet. It wasn't the right flavor. I don't know, it's weird sor right. So here's the apple cinnamon churios, and I'm already going into it knowing that they're not. Go Oh, let's see where the sugar is on here, so ingredients whole gray notes sugar. Okay, so sugar is a second ingredient here too, so maybe it will be just as sweet.
Speaker 2: Well, sorry, you're not eating cereal and knowing you're getting something healthy, So I throw that claim out the window.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like moms and dads. They see cheerios and like, oh cool, healthy, you know, but unless you're buying the yellow box maybe honey nut, it's it's yeah.
Speaker 2: We just haven't reviewed any cheerios besides the blueberry ones.
Speaker 1: Right, blueberry chocolate, peanut butter. Oh god? And uh yeah, no, I think that's it.
Speaker 2: We've never reviewed the original. The original is so good.
Speaker 1: I don't need to review that. I can tell you right now. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing this to me? Well?
Speaker 1: How do you just eat plain cheerios?
Speaker 2: You hurt me?
Speaker 1: What are you three years old with your little sippy cup eating cheerios one by one out of a bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe I am Scott. It's delicious, it's so good. It's plain. But that's not a problem because I feel like it still has flavor.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you all, this sugar has ruined us, and nobody can eat just a normal, plain cardboard cereal.
Speaker 2: I happily can eat a plain cheerio.
Speaker 1: I have no problem an entire bowl of cherios for breakfast, like so delicious.
Speaker 2: I love it. I can't drink the milk afterwards.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do that, but for now, it's apple cinnamon cheerios.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that whatever is clogging your arteries has ruined your taste buds.
Speaker 1: But head to head with apple jacks, I predict that they will not be as sweet.
Speaker 2: It might be a tie for me because I also, to be honest, this one tastes more like an apple pie.
Speaker 1: How would you know?
Speaker 2: Because I've had them before. This is why I suggested.
Speaker 1: No, you just have to pretend that you never had to before.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, wow, I'm going into this blind. Oh wow, the smell is great.
Speaker 1: You ready? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have the cereal I've never had before. These are better five bowls.
Speaker 1: You can't just do five bowls on this.
Speaker 2: I can, and I will five bowls.
Speaker 1: It has a much more natural cinnamon flavor. Yep, there is less apple taste. Yep, it's basically cinnamon cheerios, which I'm okay with. I really I like it.
Speaker 2: This tastes like apple pie and that's why it's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I won't get that, man, I'm not hating on that.
Speaker 1: Look. I reserve anything higher than that for something that knocks my socks off.
Speaker 2: It was Cocoa crispies. Don't get too ahead of you, sorry.
Speaker 1: It was Coco pells. I learned the difference.
Speaker 2: Oh my gods, no I didn't, because your choice for five bowls is stupid.
Speaker 1: Do you get the confused with Coco puffs too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What if I do? I love Coco pops. Can we do that one next too?
Speaker 1: I have them all lined up ready to go.
Speaker 2: How many episodes have you planned?
Speaker 1: Like? We literally have enough cereal for one hundred episodes?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I'm serious, And it's all on your basis. It's all in my basement and it's ready to go, so sad to my bunker, scary. Yes, and I do watch the dates. Nothing's expired. We'll never eating expired cereal, not that it would matter because cereal is good for like six months or more.
Speaker 2: After that back, because only recently did you say, oh, we tried something and I think it might have been expired.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't expired. You yelled at me for bringing in cereal that had Christmas stockings on it, but that's just when I bought it. It wasn't old.
Speaker 2: I love Apple.
Speaker 1: You're gonna finish this. This may be the first cup you actually finish. No, I finished, right, Crispy, mmmm right.
Speaker 2: People love hearing us talk with our mouths.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like this episode wasn't very exciting. We always needed like that third bonus cereal to really put it over the top. We really don't, but have nothing else on my arsenal today. Please, for the love.
Speaker 2: Of Jeese, we can keep this simple. You really don't need to get a third cereal, not in this episode.
Speaker 1: We have everything that we have here. We've tried before.
Speaker 2: We don't need another cereal. People like us for us, we don't need to be putting.
Speaker 1: On a show.
Speaker 2: Well this is a show, yeah, but a third cereal. We're not circus animals.
Speaker 1: You're right, we did start that's how we Let's go back to how we.
Speaker 2: Started, plus with the amount that you're sweating right now, like I think we should for health reasons, like end it a little early.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, okay, so apple cinnamon challenge.
Speaker 2: Love it. This was my favorite day out of all the cereals. I love apple jacks, I love apple cinnamon ceerios. I love the cereals today.
Speaker 1: There's got to be some other cinnamon apple cereal out there that I missed. Maybe we'll get it in here. I bet your Multimeal makes one.
Speaker 2: I swear if you bring a multimeal cereal in here, I will throw it at you, and I hope it knocks your head.
Speaker 1: It'll probably be in a plastic bag anyway, so it won't hurt something.
Speaker 2: Probably with like a radiation bag too well.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Serial Killers episode fourteen. I'm Scottie b.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you have any fun like act? Usually you're like, this is last. It was Lucky thirteen. Before that, it was the Dirty dozen twelve, let's.
Speaker 1: It for fourteen? Fourteen is and no cant just make one up. One more episode and it's our king Sinia shut out. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Follow us on Twitter serial Killers PC. That's where the c please and we will talk to you soon. Send us your suggestions. We love eating garbage cereal that you guys suggest, and we will eat it even if we know we're going to hate it.
Speaker 2: Just I regrettably eat it and then I get angry. But it's fine. It's for you guys, So it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, So have a wonderful day or weekend or night or I don't know a day. You're listening to this.
Speaker 2: Is there like a whipped cream cereal? Something that simulates like that creams? I don't know, like, can't they make it like a berries and cream serial?
Speaker 1: Do you know that whipped cream is a dairy product that must stay in the refrigerator?
Speaker 2: Right, You're trying to make me seem like I'm an idiot, but I bet you, in some way, shape or form, there's like a berries and cream cereal.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a new cereal that just came out from General Mills. It's called Pillows. And there's a Hershey's one and there's a Cinnabon one and they're both filled with cream.
Speaker 2: Cinnabon cereal is one of my favorite cereals.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, that's a Kellogg's problem, this General and I think I'll like it because I like marshmallowy stuff and cream. So I'm gonna try to find the pillows that just came out from General Mills. If anybody knows where I can get them, let me know, but I'm sure I'll just go to shop right. Find them on the shelf.
Speaker 2: Oh, cinnabon cereals so good.
Speaker 1: I need powder. I'm sweating so bad.
Speaker 2: You're kicking your legs like a horse.
Speaker 1: We really have to go. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. We love you. I'm Andrea, I'm Scottie Bee and until next time, crunch. Hey, can you say it? Please?
Speaker 2: Crunch?
Speaker 1: Thank you