Speaker 1: Headline from Front Office Sports reports NBA All Star Game ratings second least watched ever, down thirteen percent. Misseasons Showcase averaged four point seven million viewers across TNT platforms, down thirteen percent compared to last year. According to Front Office Sports media and entertainment reporter Ryan Glasswiegl, It's the second least watched NBA All Star Game, ahead only of the twenty twenty three All Star Game, which drew four point six million viewers. The last three NBA All Star weekends have all averaged under six million viewers, the only three in NBA.
Speaker 2: History that have not breached that threshold. This is bad, ladies and gentlemen. This is not good, it says.
Speaker 1: The league also competed against SNL's SNL fifty, the special fiftieth anniversary episode of Saturday Night Live on NBC, which by the way, owns the rights of the NBA All Star weekend start next season. That drew fourteen point eight million viewers for SNL fifty, two hundred and two percent more than its usual viewership this season, and obviously fourteen point eight million on NBC, yet only four points you know, was it four point seven million on TNT. Also keep in mind, not only does SNL fifty beat NBA All Star weekend ratings, you know what else beat them? Do you know what else beat them? NHL's Four Nations faceoff match between the United States and Canada. All right, they said, which drew four point four million viewers on ABC, so it almost beat them.
Speaker 2: Didn't beat them, but it overshadowed them. Why is this so bad?
Speaker 1: It's so bad because we're talking about players who have been accused of being entitled in their bag and don't give a shit about the product. We're talking about stars that don't care. We're talking about effort. See, if it was anything other than effort, then the product is a product than it is what it is. But when it's because of effort, there is no greater indictment than that. There's no greater indictment than that. And that's how we have to look at this. Anthony Edwards sick couldn't play, got it. He came there feeling good, didn't feel good for the game, understood Lebron James. A lot of people have been getting on them because they don't believe he just knew at the last minute.
Speaker 2: He knew he wasn't gonna.
Speaker 1: Play, but he told the NBA league late because he wanted to inconvenience stuff. That's what people are saying. I don't know whether that's true or not. I'm gonna I'm not gonna accuse Lebron James of that. I will say, however, I find it very hard to believe he didn't know until it was too late for them to bring somebody else to All Star Weekend. And when you consider some of the things that are transpired and some of the ways he's handled things over the years, it's gonna be very interesting to see Lebron James whether or not he's gonna get to own an NBA team. It's gonna be very interesting to see if the NBA is gonna allow that to happen, because you got a lot of people that are salty about him. I'm just letting you know what I know. Either way you slice it, you know what I believe. I believe one or two things should happen. I believe there should be a nationwide slam dunk contest. ME and a few sponsors and others who want to get in on the mix to make sure something like this happens. Go throughout the country and find the best, the ten best slam dunkers in the country, and then bring them all the All Star Weekend. And when you bring them all the All Star Weekend, then what you do is you turn around. He say, you know what a million dollars for the first prize, half a million dollars for the second prize, one hundred thousand for third place.
Speaker 2: We got people dying in the streets, so less.
Speaker 1: You know what cats would do to put themselves in a position to win a million dollars, half a million dollars, one hundred thousand dollars, you have any idea and get the players to sponsor them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're an All Star.
Speaker 1: I got this guy, I got this guy, this who I'm supporting.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna win. I think he's gona win. I think he's gonna win. That's how you do that.
Speaker 1: That way, the players don't have to dunk themselves, They just sponsored dudes who do.
Speaker 2: It would be a good, good feel.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of people out there that have the potential, a lot of people who need the money, who could use the money.
Speaker 2: It would be beautiful to watch.
Speaker 1: And I promise you as impressed as I was with Macol McClung, mister g League himself a three time champion.
Speaker 2: You'd have dudes that do an even better job than that.
Speaker 1: Outside of that, the All Star Game itself, it wouldn't bother me at all if it was done away with. Yeah, they showed a little more effort this time, but the fact that all of that had to be done just to get you to show effort bump it. Just name an All Star a limb going vacation, because clearly we can find better things to watch on television. If God's gonna lill the gag around and I give effort, That's all I'm saying.