Speaker 1: Meaning, Hi, and welcome to the A Girl Podcast.
Speaker 2: I am here with Iris Kendall.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to have you. Okay, we're going to go back a little bit. Where did you grow up? What was your childhood like?
Speaker 2: I grew up in Wolden Hills, Calabasas, so that's like the valley in California, and my child is really good I had. I was in nature, and I feel like a lot of people think La is like this big city, but the part that I grew up in was very nature and peaceful and lots of hikes and stuff, and I had a really good childhood.
Speaker 1: You were in Calabasas before. Calbasas was cool. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: What did you think your life was going to look like growing up? What was your dream career?
Speaker 2: I wanted to do something in the beauty industry because that's what my fam I have generational hairdressers in my family, and my grandfather's a hairdresser. My dad's a hairdresser, so I thought I was going to be a hairdresser as well. But then I just realized that I wanted to do something in the beauty industry. So I was doing spraytnds, so I thought that was going to be like my you know, end goal, my spraytnd career. And I was actually like building a product before I went onto a violin, and then I went on and all the products was like sitting underneath my bed when I was on the show.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Yeah, did you when you look back, what do you think your younger self would be most surprised by looking at your life now?
Speaker 2: I like never could have pictured this for myself. I think my younger self would be very in shock with how my life has turned out. I really truly couldn't have envisioned like all the amazing things that have happened to me and all the luck I've been given. I feel like it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you know you wanted to be in the public eye or was that just something that you kind of stumbled into.
Speaker 2: I like really didn't want to, you know, I didn't really want to be like known or have people like look into my life. But that's why I I originally was casted for season six of Love Island, but I didn't end up going on because of that reason. I didn't really want to do that, and my family and my friends, they really convinced me to do it because they were like, you could probably meet your person, like it will just be a fun experience for you. And that's ultimately like why I did season seven. I was like, Okay, what do I have to lose at this point?
Speaker 1: Are you glad you did it? Now?
Speaker 2: I'm so glad I did it. Yeah, I have no regrets.
Speaker 1: What surprised you most about that experience?
Speaker 2: I think like the lack of sleep. Yes, I really thought, like, I mean I truly don't know because we don't know what the time and everything is there, So I don't know if I got sleep, and I was just a tired girl because I am a tired girl in general.
Speaker 1: Sort of clocks No, oh my, so I know you don't know. Yeah, but I didn't know you didn't have clock.
Speaker 2: We try to tell the time by the sun and it's oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that's like mental warfare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's actually crazy. But yeah, so I feel like I was just really tired most of the time.
Speaker 1: And I feel like that's one thing about filming a show that people don't know is even in a different circumstance, Like what from my experiences, there just isn't time to sleep, Like it's just constant and you just like.
Speaker 2: I don't think people understand that, I know, you're tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many things where I was like, I was just tired and people are like, why were you tired? It's just a tiring Yeah, Like you're just tired. All the time you are.
Speaker 2: Thinking, yes you're on, Yes, you're on.
Speaker 1: People are staring at you. People are looking at you. They're like expecting you to say something, and it's fit's your makeup?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's exhausting, it really is. That is a great tidbit is that it is very.
Speaker 2: It's exhausting for a girl who does not really like to wear makeup, yeah, and really like to do her hair. You know.
Speaker 1: Often did anything shock you about how people perceived you? Was there anything that you were like, that's not really how I am? Or do you feel like people got a good understanding of who you are?
Speaker 2: I think that people got a good understanding for who I am. On Love Island. I just really like was myself on there and like, you know, I truly even like last night, me and my boyfriend were watching the newer season and we were like, oh, I like the way we were acting, Like I totally forgot there are cameras in there. So I think that, you know, that was truly how I am.
Speaker 1: You know, and people, was there anything that they thought about you that wasn't true or you feel like they really understood you.
Speaker 2: I can't think of anything on the top of my head right now, but I think most of what was there on the show was true. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's good true to myself. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did the experience change your relationship with your confidence for good or for bad?
Speaker 2: I think so. I think being in TV and on the screen and having people like watch you it does mess with your confidence. But I think going into it you do have to be strong in some regards because you don't know what people are going to say, and you don't know what people you know. You have to be like mentally prepared for that, which I was going into the experience. But but I do think like it does take a toll on you, you know when people do say things and whatever, but you just have to remember, like you know who you are, block it out, move on with your life. There's so many other amazing things that are happening.
Speaker 1: I just always think, like they pick apart everybody, So it doesn't like I don't care because I'm like, they pick apart Kate Moss, they pick apart and I only can't. Well, they pick apart the most beautiful, they pick apart princesses, like they're gonna they pick upart the most beauty, everyone stunning, successful women in the world, So like everyone's going to get picked apart.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If you could relive one part of the experience, what would it be. Definitely not having clothes that is freaky. That terrifies me that just like I feel like I would just like slowly lose my mind.
Speaker 2: I think the challenge is because I'm never gonna do that again. Like there's no there's no point in my life at this point that I'm going to do a challenge with slime or I'm going to do a challenge of milk or whatever, you know, Like those are really fun to do actually, and that's why we always get excited when we get those texts, because it's like we're in this villa, but when we get those texts, we get so excited to put on our little outfits and go to the challenges and stuff. So yeah, I feel like I definitely kind of miss the challenges.
Speaker 1: That's so cute. Is there anything you would do differently?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yes and no. I would say no because I believe everything happens for a reason and my experience like ultimately has led me to where I am now, which I'm really happy where I am now. But I would say yes, I wish I would have like known certain things, but you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You can't. There's so much in hindsight, but like you really it's one of those things where it's like such a once in a lifetime experience that until you're in it.
Speaker 2: You just have to like go through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you truly just have to like kind of embarrass yourself to learn.
Speaker 2: I think acceptance of like what you do in your life, good or bad, is the most like amazing thing you could do for yourself because it's going to lead you into a better place.
Speaker 1: And the lack of control, I feel like that was crazy for me. I was just like, oh, I'm relinquishing, okay, like this is gonna this is going out field control.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It really is like life, but just like fast forward really really like you get so much life experience in such a tiny amount of time. Yeah, moving moving on from Love Island, what does a typical work week look for you?
Speaker 2: Now? My goodness, every single day there's something happening. So when I was filming the latest show I did, I think it came out in like February March, it was basically like filming from six am to twelve am in the morning. Crazy, And then after that I would have to do like my social media stuff. Wow, and I have to keep up with posting and just do things like that. Also in the midst of all that, take care of myself, make time for my friends, wake time for my family, et cetera. But I think now it's it's just like traveling. I was just in Ohio. Now I'm here in Ohio. I was doing a I'm partnered with smear, and so I was doing a little like hey guys and Ohio, Yeah, shout out Ohio. I actually really liked Ohio. It was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I haven't been there since like five It was.
Speaker 2: My first time there. So I've been like traveling on. I'm going to Sacramento after New York and then I go to Miami. So it's just a lot of traveling and yeah, lots of cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are there things that go into being a full time creator that people don't realize.
Speaker 2: I think that people don't really realize how much we put into our post and like the things that we put out like there. I try and make everything really authentic to myself and I don't want to like post like all photo shoot stuff. I want to do like my life. I want to show people my life and be like real about it because truly, I feel like that's how you are authentic online, you know, like it's not it's not all about like the the esthetic because you know, I try to make it aesthetic. What is the best.
Speaker 1: Piece of career advice you've ever received?
Speaker 2: Ooh, the best career advice? I feel like somebody has told me to Honestly, I can't really think right now. Yeah, but it's always about saving money. Okay, my next question was going to be about money. So yeah, yeah, it's always about saving money. Like even when even when I was like five or not five, ten years old, maybe my dad's friend he was like, here's one hundred dollars, don't spend it, keep saving it. Put one hundred in also when was I going to get one hundred dollars And I'm twelve, you know, but I think he was like trying to tell.
Speaker 1: Me, like that's like a million dollars when you're twelve.
Speaker 2: I think it's so easy, like just to spend money and like throw it away and whatever, but I think like saving is really important to do as well.
Speaker 1: My next question was going to be, what's one thing you've learned about making money that every woman should know?
Speaker 2: Ooh. I would say, keep track of your finances, like don't let somebody like just do it for you blindly. And also like budget yourself because that's what I do, Like I have an allowance, so I don't just like overspend it. Oh I like that. No, I like really like even when I want to buy like something that's expensive for myself, I really think it through. I bought a used car because I was like, I don't it's only new until you leave the lot, you know, totally. So I think it's just those things that are like really important to do.
Speaker 1: So that's good advice I want. I we're very big on like financial independence for women here, so that's fantastic advice. If you were mentoring a young woman who wanted to become a content creator, Well, what's the first thing you would tell her?
Speaker 2: I would say, even if you have zero followers, keep posting as much as you possibly can, because that's how you build following and people start to like like you honestly, like do do like or content for yourself, like speaking to the camera, like anything that comes to your mind, put it down on the on your TikTok or whatever. And if you're consistent with it, people will see that you're consistent and they'll follow you. But they will not follow you if you're like posting once a week or whatever. They want to follow a consistent account post all the time, all the time.
Speaker 1: That's what I tell all the release. I'm like, just post constant anything. What makes you say yes to a partnership?
Speaker 2: I think if it's authentic and it's relatable to whatever is going on in my life, and if like I love the team, you know, I think those are like really important things as well. But yeah, I feel like all my partnerships that I've done have been so amazing and authentic to myself, so I'm very proud of it.
Speaker 1: What's one career decision you are most proud of.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just proud of sticking to something that I love to do. I didn't go to call, so I decided to take like an untraditional route from like a lot of my friends. And for me, that was something that I really am proud of myself for sticking through and doing it and just like working really hard on it. So I'm happy that I did that instead of go to college and maybe do a career that I wasn't really fully happy with. I love that.
Speaker 1: I think everybody should just like I'm like so big on just chase your dreams. It doesn't even matter, just like, go for it, because you get one life.
Speaker 2: You really have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's one career move every woman should make in her twenties.
Speaker 2: I think that if you are young and in your twenties and you want to, you know, get to where you want to be, I think you have to have multiple jobs. I mean there was one point where I had multiple jobs and I was doing different things I was wanted. At one point, I wanted to be a ploate's instructor and I was getting my plate certification working as a pe teacher, wow and at a Tannic song. So those were two things and then I ended up doing the tanning thing because I realized I wasn't that girl that was like okay everyone in and out. I was like, not that girl. But you just have to do certain things to like find.
Speaker 1: Your career and your passion.
Speaker 2: Find your passion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've at one point, I had three jobs when I lived in La too. Like you kind of have to experiment and try everything and just get knowledge and everything. It's it's invaluable knowledge that you'll want makes.
Speaker 2: It better to speak to people, connect with people, and that's what's really good for like your business as well, is just like to connect with those people in those different types of ways kids, adults, And I.
Speaker 1: Feel like so much of your career's social skills at this point. Yeah, and so many people are lacking that. But I'm like, just go learn how to talk to people and do things, and that you'll be fine. You just need to be able to talk to people. Okay, switching gears a little bit, we're gonna get into dating, but just your dating tips. Okay, what is the biggest lesson you've learned about relationships in your twenties.
Speaker 2: I think that you need to have good communication with someone and that is very important, especially if you're doing a long distance or you know, you're just trying to communicate your feelings to someone. So I would just say, like, communication is definitely key.
Speaker 1: What is one thing you'll never settle for again?
Speaker 2: Just someone that just doesn't fully like respect me in all the ways that I need because sometimes I'm like okay with a lot of was I was okay with a lot of things. Now I'm not okay with it, you know, Like I will speak up about if something's really bothering me, so I'm not I would say, don't be a yes man in situations that you feel like maybe it's easier, the easier way out.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic advice. What is your biggest green flag?
Speaker 2: I'm just a loyal I'm a loyal girl. Like if I if I love you friend relationship, I will ride for you to like the end of time.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you think is a big mistake women make when dating in their twenties.
Speaker 2: I think they think like for me, like my first relationship, I thought I was good. I really loved him and like I was going to marry him. This guy in there a girl. Yeah, Ever, so I feel like you just have to really date to know who your person is and not settle. So if some things make you I wouldn't even say one thing. If one thing makes you unhappy, you could figure it out. If it's multiple things that make you unhappy, and you it's your first boyfriend or whatever, don't settle. You need to like date, go and you don't have to kiss anyone when you go on dates, and you don't have to like sleep with anyone, but you can just talk to them and see like what you like and what you don't like. And I think those are really good things to do when you're like young, you know you have to experiment and like have fun. I agree.
Speaker 1: What is the best and worst dating advice you've ever received?
Speaker 2: I mean, no one has told me, No one I can remember has told me this, But I feel like like someone said this to me and I can't remember who. But or maybe it's just like a stereotypical thing. But like you marry the first person that you sleep with or whatever. I would say, like that's maybe like not something that is makes sense. Yeah, And then the best dating advice would be if you're doing long distance, have an end goal to your long distance relationship.
Speaker 1: Have a plan, Have a.
Speaker 2: Plan, because otherwise it's going to just linger on longer and longer.
Speaker 1: Longestant relationships are literally the worst thing in the world. Yeah, my advice, just don't have one. They're terrible.
Speaker 2: I'm in one right now.
Speaker 1: But it's not really just the distance.
Speaker 2: He lives in Tampa and I live in La oh Man, but he comes to La a lot.
Speaker 1: So how often do you guys see each other?
Speaker 2: Now, this is the longest we haven't seen each other. It's been like two three weeks.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, are you you're good with it?
Speaker 2: He's here in New York.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't do it. I need too much attention. I know, I need like constant attention. So I feel like I've been in long, distenttitlationship. I'm like I've always like it's just frustrating.
Speaker 2: I just don't really like to be a love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean it is good because like you can focus on your career and focus on you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there are things that are like it's nice that we do.
Speaker 1: You have a plan for ending the distance?
Speaker 2: I think no, not right now, just because we're so like go go go that we haven't even like really sat down and been like okay, And there hasn't even been that much time that's passed where we even need to talk about that yet, because right now it's like, oh, okay, get on a flight whatever. Yeah, it's like kind of easy. But and he works in LA a lot too, so it's kind of been like it's been nice. But when it gets to a certain point, I feel like we'll have a conversation for sure.
Speaker 1: You go, girl, I cannot do it. What's one thing you've learned about yourself through dating?
Speaker 2: I learned that. I feel like I learned that I could and in the beginning I really made it about like my first relationship. I keep talking about my first relation. No, that's like a good but it's true.
Speaker 1: That's when you learn the most.
Speaker 2: I think that is when you learn the most. And I think that I really prioritized him over myself. And I think now I've learned to prioritize myself and him, you know. And I think there's definitely a balance of taking care of yourself and taking care of somebody else as well.
Speaker 1: That's great advice. Yeah, what does a healthy relationship look like to you?
Speaker 2: Now? Somebody that can tell you when you're wrong so important. Yeah, and you could tell them when they're wrong and you don't have to like have a big fight about it, you know. So I think those and someone to boost you up too, you know. I think that is a good balance.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's something that I've never had, but am like, so I think is so important now where I'm like, what is I like, what is it like to be with someone who just like lifts you up? And is it like dragging you down?
Speaker 2: Someone that compliments, Yeah, like makes you feel good good. Yeah, that's really important.
Speaker 1: I do think that that. Yeah, as I've gotten older, I'm like, I feel like I just want to like someone who's like positive about me, because I feel like I've put up with so many people who are so negative about me.
Speaker 2: My current boyfriend, he like is the first guy I've ever dated that if I'm wearing something that looks good, he'll be like, he look so beautiful.
Speaker 1: I've never dated, I never dated to anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like a lot of men are lacking compliments.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they're intimidated, they're scared. Yeah, I really do. I'm like it has to come from insecurity. If you're just like not lifting up the girl, I think ben are they get like jealous and intimidated of their cold That's my theory.
Speaker 2: That could be very true.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I like, just insecure about themselves, so they don't want to be nice to other people.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: My therapist was like, if they're that mean to you, imagine what they say to themselves. And I was like, what a great point, girl, what a great point.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Switching gears again to style, how would you describe your personal style in three words?
Speaker 2: I would say I am. I go between different things, like I like boho chic, Like right now, I'm kind of like oh lis Yeah. And I got a lot of inspiration when I was younger from the movie Lol, Like I don't know I've ever seen I.
Speaker 1: You have some very Miley Cyrus hair, so gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She in that movie like was everything like the outfits, the bags, like even like going to high school. I thought like that's how I was going to dress in high school.
Speaker 1: But I thought people dressed like Wizards of Liverlely Place when I was in middle school high school and I was trying to dress like her.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh wait, we're not layering tank tops, long sleeves and T shirts.
Speaker 2: Okay, like Vampire Diaries, Yes, yeah, yeah I would, but I would just say it's like boho chic. And then sometimes I like to dress like kind of like a cottage cottage core cottage course.
Speaker 1: You I love that. Yeah, whose style has always inspired you? Is it Miley Cyrus? She's a style killer and yeah, she really is.
Speaker 2: And in real life, I would say Miley Cyrus. And then I also get a lot of inspiration from just like and French girls in Paris on Pinterest, like they kill it. They're ballet flats. Like every time.
Speaker 1: I'm in Paris, I'm like blown away by them. I just look at them and I'm like, you are just eternal style and class.
Speaker 2: You're like on it, like if you yes, this is like some style advice too. The Paris girls are on it.
Speaker 1: Therefore, there we.
Speaker 2: Are way ahead of the way ahead of us, way ahead of time. We try things, it's already done.
Speaker 1: No, They're like, we've been doing that. No when I was I went to Paris Fashion Week last year and just sitting and having lunch, I was like, oh my god, Okay, I see everyone's going to be wearing balloon pants. They were wearing balloon pants before everybody was wearing balloon pants, like pants, Balenciaga boots and I was like, hey, everyone's wearing Balenciaga boots. Them Blannciaga boots became hot again. I was like, okay, no, those girls. All you have to do is look at them, and they are a year ahead of all of us geniuses. No, I would do anything to be a chik French girl. It's my life goal too. What is one item in your closet You'll never get.
Speaker 2: Rid of my belt collection?
Speaker 1: Oh very boho of you love me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You need you need your belts. You need your skinny belts, you need your thick belts, you need your fringy belts. I even have like this like scarf, Yeah, skinny scarf, Like you need your belts. I think that's important because you can also like wear them in different ways as well.
Speaker 1: Is that about you're wearing as a necklace?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh tonic, that.
Speaker 1: Is Miley siriscibes right there. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm trying to like it.
Speaker 1: I really like it. That's an icon right there. What's one fashion trend you're loving right now.
Speaker 2: Balloon pants, Yeah, they love balloon pants so cute like a heel, yeah, so cute. Even do them with a heel, you can know.
Speaker 1: Them the belly flat, you can do them with the flip flop. No, I love them. Those French I literally saw them doing it last year and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, well, this is going to be it so flattering, too.
Speaker 1: Very and you can like yeah, no, ten out of ten love that trend. What's one trend you'll be leaving behind?
Speaker 2: Well? I was really into like the those cottage core like diaper shorts. Yes, the blo the Bloomers. I was really into it. I still kind of like it, but I think I'm gonna leave it behind because I it's just a flattering on it. It's giving diaper now yeah, now.
Speaker 1: Flattering on everybody. And I'm like, if this is going to be as mainstream as it is, it needs to be flattering on it. It literally only looks good on like a stick leg or like on me, I have very short legs. Oh my god, totally it looks like yeah, horrible, it's literally horrible. I tried on one parent as like I will not be in I just don't feel sexy in it? Yeah, anymore, we can.
Speaker 2: I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: Good Bye, Bloomers can absolutely go. If you could give every woman one styling tip, what would it be?
Speaker 2: So I would probably suggest sizing down in your tops because sometimes like it gives me like a lift with the girls. And then I would say, make sure that you like if you I personally love baggy jeans, so I get like one or two sizes is bigger than like my actual size, because I'm not really the big like highwaisted jeans girl anymore. I like the baggy fit, and I like it to the.
Speaker 1: Paracels are wearing bagga jeans.
Speaker 2: Always love the baggy jean. So I would say, like size down, try that out. And then I honestly am all of my pants because I'm really short. But I would just say, like size down and size smaller in the tops.
Speaker 1: And get a good tailor get a good tailor tails so important, so important. Okay, you said you're a big beauty girl, Can you walk us through your everyday beauty routine?
Speaker 2: So I wake up in the morning and I wash my face with an oil based clettanser, and it's usually like Korean skincare because I love creamy.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm on my Crean skincare right now.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at. Yeah, no, it is. It is ten times better.
Speaker 2: I wash. I don't use like a face wipe. I use a hot like towel. I have like a hot towel machine in my bathroom. Wow. Yeah, it's really nice. And that's how I take my makeup off. This is before I go to bed. Then I put moisturizer on. I have a lymphatic drainage girl and she is amazing and she makes like this face moisturizer that's so amazing and it just like makes your face feel like so clean. And I metacube over that with the metacube tightener and it like snatches my face. And then I wake up and then I just put brush my eyebrows. You can't forget to brush your eyebrows. That's I love really beauty tip. I love this beauty tip. Yeah, and then moisturizer and then I'm out the door.
Speaker 1: I love it. What is one beauty product you could not live without?
Speaker 2: Ooh the tart faux freckles.
Speaker 1: Oh cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm obsessed with this cute.
Speaker 1: What is your best piece of wellness.
Speaker 2: Advice, Chlorophyll water and if you want macha, they have Cowboy Clostrum Macho which is really good for your hair, skin, and nails and it tastes amazing and it literally it will be so beneficial for your body.
Speaker 1: Or do you work with Cowboy closstroum because the.
Speaker 2: Better, But I genuinely like, I'm obsessed. They have so many different flavors, like chocolate vanilla, but I like the matching one.
Speaker 1: Okay, these are really good tips. I'm gonna go home and do all. When you picture your life five years from now, what do you hope it looks like?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm twenty six, so I hope in five years i'm like settled down. I have my little house and I want to really I love home decor and like design, so I want to, like I want my perfect little like nest.
Speaker 1: Do you want to stay in California?
Speaker 2: I really love California. I need the house or a house in California for sure. It'd be really difficult for me to leave because I just love the people, the weather, my family. Yeah. I don't know, but I just picture like having a stable like house, you know.
Speaker 1: I love that for you. I hope you have that. What are you building right now that maybe people don't know about career wise?
Speaker 2: Ooh, I'm I am working on something. Oh. I can't really like say what it is exactly, but I'm really excited because there's nothing like it. Oh, I ever seen in my life?
Speaker 1: Can you say?
Speaker 2: What? Like?
Speaker 1: What what department we're in? Is this the beauty thing? Is this a wellness thing? Is it a fashion thing?
Speaker 2: It's a fashion thing. Okay, it's a fashion thing that like no one has ever had. Oh, it's gonna be insane. I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: I okay, I need to know what this is. I'm actually dying. Is there a dream brand that you'd love to collaborate with Cowboy Colossrum? You better call that?
Speaker 2: I know honestly, Cowboy Clossrum. Like I used your stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: I love that. What's the most exciting to you about this next chapter?
Speaker 2: Just having now I feel like things have kind of like calmed down. I'm still like working so much, but I feel like now I'm kind of in the groove of things. Like when I first got off the show and like had everything thrown at me, I really didn't know what to do, and I started to freak out. But now I'm kind of like I have a rhythm down. I like know what I'm doing. I have an amazing team, and my family is so supportive of me, so I think like now I like I'm in like my good vibe.
Speaker 1: So and good for you for doing that and like building out a team, and like it really does all come at once, and it's very overwhelming, and I feel like a lot of people just don't know what to do because it just like comes really quickly and then kind of goes away really quickly, and.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: You have to capitalize in a very specific way, and you have to you do have to have some business sense to figure out like here's who I need, here's who I don't need. And all these people, at least in my experience, come like grabbing for you and they're like I want to be your agent, I want to be your publicist, I want to be hear this, I want to be hear that, and it's just very old yeah, and like you can trust them.
Speaker 2: These people have access.
Speaker 1: To like your whole life and your financials and everything, and that to me, I was like Wow, these people really just like want a peace and I don't even know them right, It's it's really a crazy overwhelming experience. If you could give every woman listening a piece of advice on building the life she wants, what would it be.
Speaker 2: I think not having super high expectations for something that you want, I think sometimes that will lower the outcome. I have this thing where a lot of things that I wanted, like secretly in my head, have worked out for me just because I didn't really like I tried to do it, but I also didn't give it all my energy. And I think that is like a form of manifestation in a way, because I think when you're like trying your so much to go towards something, the energy like directs itself when you chase it too hard, when you chase it too hard, and that just goes for anything like people dating. If you chase something really hard, sometimes it doesn't happen. But I think if you slowly work in towards that direction, that will eventually happen. So I think making sure that you're speaking to the right people and connecting doing things that are positive for your life, for your health, mental health, whatever it is you will get there, You will achieve your goals and what you your success story. I agree.
Speaker 1: I think you have to kind of release yourself from the pressure. Yeah, because if you're living under a constant state of pressure, I agree, you chase it away.
Speaker 2: You chase it away. And if you think like, oh my god, I really want to do that, like really this is what I want and it doesn't happen and you let yourself down, that's also not good to do either, because you just give up, and you can't give up. It has to be like a slow thing, a gradual thing, just like everything in life. You know, so great advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love this. Okay, we make everyone speak something into existence. So speak something that you want to happen. It could be it could be your house, it could be a collab, it could be something with your new brand, like anything, just something that you want to say and then look back in a couple of years and be like, oh oh kind of existence. Okay, I need to go back and like see everything people have spoken into existence and see what's happened, because I just know that there needs to be accomplish Yes, I know these girls have made it happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will say what I'm working on. I hope it's going to be one of the most successful fashion brands.
Speaker 1: Wow love in.
Speaker 2: Our time.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to hear about it. It sounds so innovative and exciting. I'm so excited for you. That's awesome. And last question, who is your ultimate it girl and why does she inspire you?
Speaker 2: I would say my mom is my ultimate it girl. She just inspires me so much because she's just really she has pushed through so much in her life and it just gives me so much confidence that if she is amazing now after everything that she's like gone through, then it makes me feel like and nothing is impossible.
Speaker 1: That's such a good role model to have.
Speaker 2: I love that. Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming. Do you want to shout out your socials for us, your Instagram, your TikTok?
Speaker 2: Yes, My instagram is Iris Kendall and my TikTok is also Iris Kendall. Love.
Speaker 1: I am at Mayley t Taylor. We are at It Girl this series and we will be back next week with another it girl. Thank you, thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.