Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what You're really miss podcast, You and.
Speaker 2: A well listen it. I can't breathe because I'm sick out of my nose. Jenna couldn't start talking because she said, breathing is getting.
Speaker 1: Harder because my lungs are being compressed by a small child in my belly.
Speaker 2: Did you know science paper shows pregnancy requires ten times more energy than we previously thought.
Speaker 1: Yes? Did you know that's like running like a forty week marathon.
Speaker 2: Yes, it takes a huge amount of energy to grow a baby in your body, over fifty thousand calories, only four percent of which actually goes to the baby. Yes, this is why you don't see elite runners racing more than two marathons a year, because it's nineteen marathons and nine months. That's what pregnancy is like. That feels right, that's the cloric equivalent. Scientifically, the cloric equivalent to being pregnant for and I months is running nineteen marathons.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's totally right.
Speaker 2: Insane. So this person is saying and Italia Emmanuel on Twitter when constructing parental leave policies, the sheer amount of energy required to be pregnant, argues for treating birthing and non birthing parents differently.
Speaker 1: WHOA, yeah, that's crazy. I feel that in my bones right now, I really do. I feel that in my bones. I get eight hours of sleep at night, and I wake up tired, and I go about tired, and I have a teller, so it's fine, but I feel that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you do it. It's incredible. This life form is draining your body of life and shrinking my brain. It actually shrinks your brain. Yeah, wow, all right, let the people know. Let the people know. It's just incredible what women can do.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a Q and A episode and you guys, your questions are getting heym. They're off the chain. They're so good. Do people even say that anymore? Or is that a parent thing? It's off, that's that's not said.
Speaker 2: Quit it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're elderly. They're amazing and they're so good and keep them coming. Wow, there's I don't want to I don't even we have don't we don't have time to answer all of these.
Speaker 2: The more and more we do this, the more you guys are like stretching.
Speaker 1: Let's just go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're beyond all the obvious questions now and we're getting into some detailed things. That is fascinating. Okay, so let's start it off. How did you know what time you had to be on set? Did you get an email? Did they tell you in person? Okay, yes, we got a call sheet. There was always a call sheet with all the pertinent information on it. Generally they would tell you at the end of your day if you weren't like the last people to go or to wrap that they'd be like, you're going to be somewhere around like eight fifty tomorrow, right, You'll get a call sheet in an email. You'd also get a hard copy. I don't even know if they do that anymore.
Speaker 1: And you get an email with your official call time on it and all the information of like everybody else's call times. It has all the contexts on it. It's literally the most cohesive call sheet you'll ever see, or a piece of paper you'll ever see. You have like the weather for the day, you have the closest hospital, You have lunch, like will lunch be provided or not? It's yeah, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: And then also says what scenes you're doing that day, and then for costumes and makeup, and everybody has like what day quote unquote like you that is within the.
Speaker 1: Script because you have to know for costumes which day is, and it also tells you how many pages you're doing that day of how mach you're shooting. It's pretty crazy, but it's very well equipped.
Speaker 2: What it did not have for us was recording schedule and dance schedule.
Speaker 1: Right. That was we would get emails for texts.
Speaker 2: That would be coordinated separately because the call she goes to all of the crew. They don't need to know when we're recording music or doing dance rehearsal.
Speaker 1: How far in advance did you know your schedule? So each episode was its own unit, right, So the Amazing Ads would get together with all the heads of the departments and they would schedule out the whole episode. In the it's called a one liner sorry things, and they handle all the logistics so like it would be a one liner and you get to see the date and how many scenes, the location, and that would be kind of like your Bible. It changed a lot a lot. Obviously, people get sick. Obviously, locations have the change availability changes for actors, but it.
Speaker 2: Was the goal. It was sort of like, this is aspirationally what we're going for, And on the call sheet you would see the following day at the bottom. It's like an expanded version. So it's sort of like if you could click that little tab on your computer and like the arrow pop down and then a call sheet would be everything you need about a specific day exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, hello again. Can you guys talk about performing the Star Spangled banner at the MLB game. How did you find out you were doing it? What was the preparation?
Speaker 2: Like, nothing else to say other than Amber eight down, come on, Santana's.
Speaker 1: Ember did a down. Well, there was a rain delay during while we were doing it also, so we were like ready to go and then they're like, oh wait, just hang on, and we waited like an hour in the locker rooms, right, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think longer than that. It was a long time. I don't remember finding out. I do remember it was an exciting time. We were all I remember the feeling of it like that's crazy. I couldn't wait to tell my family that we were doing that. I also think we had it wasn't during a hiatus. But I feel like we had some time off because we all went into New York afterwards.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but it was like a nice little break in the middle of shooting.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And we didn't have a lot of prep. Actually, it was more so Amber.
Speaker 1: And then when we got to the field that day, they like placed us and we got to hear everything. We were hear it and our mics and all of that sound check.
Speaker 2: Blah blah, YadA, YadA YadA. But I mean that was mostly on Amber, and it's like when you know when you can depend on Amber to do it, then like we it were fine, Yeah, like we had We were not really doing any sort of heavy lifting. We're ooing and eyeing and swaying in the background, happy to do it. The next question Kenny Okay, kiss Mary kill Will Sue Emma kiss Sue Mary, Emma Kilwell. Who was the funniest onset?
Speaker 1: A lot of funny people.
Speaker 2: I would say Naya or Jama for me.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of who else was really funny on set. Cord was funny on set too, I would say Nya in Cord. Yeah, what was your Leas's favorite alphit to wearingly. Okay, there was an outfit that Tina had that was like vampire. Not vampire Tina was like steampunk Tina, and she was in lace. It was a white lace dress and it was a collar all the way up to my neck aside from the spider necklace. And I remember thinking, I can't I do this for another three years, very vividly, like please coming out of this dress. It was so crazy. I had like dark lipstick gone, I had like so much makeup on. My hair was like the blue hair was there. Everything felt heavy, and I was like, I can't do this forever. And that's when Tina started changing into those black dresses with all the different like accoutrement, because Will Lou was like, let's fix it, Let's fix it.
Speaker 2: Mine isn't so much an outfit, but the thriller prosthetics was. It was a dark time.
Speaker 1: You did that to yourself. I did that to yourself.
Speaker 2: That was all on me. I accept full responsibility and my shitty immune system for getting so sick during it.
Speaker 1: Terrible.
Speaker 2: So there's a question here. Fave song never sung on the show. I was tweeting the other night about listening to Glee music because I've been in a phase and I tweeted out love the Way You Lie that I was one of the songs. I didn't realize people didn't know about it.
Speaker 1: People don't know about it.
Speaker 2: No, I thought it's right. You thought they did too, right because I think we've maybe mentioned it once or something, and we talk about tell him a lot, I think is the thing. And I assume no, I feel like we.
Speaker 1: Talked about love the Way You Lie?
Speaker 2: I thought so true, But not everybody also listens to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, okay?
Speaker 2: And I was just like, and then the amount of people who are like, wait, love the Way You Lie? Huh, what's that? And I was like, well, Jenna not an Amber And they're like, wait, is this what was supposed to be instead of shake it Out, Shake it off, Shake it out, shake it out? And people were like, oh my god, like we were robbed of this number. Like, yeah, the public was because I also I hadn't listened to it in a while, and they were like, leak it. I'm not trying to get sued by Fox or eminem.
Speaker 1: Right or Rihanna's there was a reason that it didn't air.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it got cleared, so therefore, yeah, we kill Yeah, we cannot release it. But you sing the majority of that song and do I yeah, Ambert does the choruses and the bridge. Well you guys, you guys split the pre hooks and the verses, you do the bridge. I think I don't know, it's split up pretty evenly.
Speaker 1: I think I did.
Speaker 2: It's really good and I'm sorry I can't play it for anyway.
Speaker 1: Nobody had to hear that. Oh it's so fun.
Speaker 2: So that's my favorite song, never song on the show that was previously recorded. It's very good.
Speaker 1: What was the one thing that everyone just couldn't stop laughing while filming? Fix You?
Speaker 2: Oh? God?
Speaker 1: Will when will sings? Fix You? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you could recast Glee, but in twenty twenty four, who would you cast? Oh that's I mean, okay, let's base it off of like the original, like where we Go?
Speaker 1: It's Rachel really yeah. I feel like she's got the look, the feel, the I think she's maybe a little too cool, but like vocally I would like to see that interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Jacob Alordius Finn I was just do the cast of Euphoria. I mean, yeah, sure, Sydney Sweeney is Quinn.
Speaker 2: Yep, it works, it works, damn.
Speaker 3: Do you wish the show would have ended sooner? I think that's a yes and no question. I think.
Speaker 1: If it ended sooner, maybe we wouldn't have gotten season four, which would have made me really sad.
Speaker 2: That's true. So no, yeah, I don't. I selfishly wouldn't have wanted it to end sooner because I just loved doing the show so much. Right.
Speaker 1: Do we think you should have probably ended after Corey? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, there you go, Yeah, there we go. Did you ever mess up lip sync and need to restart the song over?
Speaker 1: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean sometimes it makes it into the edit. Not often, but you'll see every once in a while where we messed up a lip sync and you don't see you just keep going and they'll edit it out cut around it. Yeah, that's I mean. We would shoot a number dozens of times so they would have it.
Speaker 1: They'd be like, we're going to do it again, just get it right this this line, this time.
Speaker 2: Yes, focus on this. If you could start together in another show currently on the air, what would it be? Oh my god, Jenna, what do you want to be on together?
Speaker 1: The Bear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, very different. No singing acting fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be excellent in a cooking like I want to see you play a chef badly. Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, our friend Adam Shapiro got to be play him play a character named Adam Shapiro on The Bear.
Speaker 2: He's in this new season a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's so good, he's great. I love him.
Speaker 2: I would. I would also be fun to do something like The Mandalorian.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, it's too much, too much stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do another show like that. I don't. I don't need a huge production. I don't want it. Give me a small set, a small cast. I can't hand my little brain can't handle that anymore.
Speaker 2: Your hand went up, It just goes, you know, too much.
Speaker 1: It is not it is not.
Speaker 2: I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 1: No, No, that is not what I want.
Speaker 2: I think it would also be fun to do like a procedural with you, totally. I'd be down to do that a little like Paramount Lot. Yeah, do a little work in a nerd room. I do think like a simpler format, a show like The Bear or like a sitcom would be the best to do with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I would love to do so much fun, so fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, do you guys get any royalties from the Glee cast recordings on streaming platforms? We do, we do. It's about a penny split in about eighty different directions. Yeah, so yes, technically we do. Yes, we do. Can Ryan come on and explain the puppet episode?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: How were you paid for touring? And did you have options to not tour and take time off for other projects?
Speaker 1: No? No, When we signed the contract in the very beginning, before we even started shooting the show, before we even got the job, the tour was already built into our contract, as was recording deals as an option, as was the show for six years. Correct, No, we did not. Oh my god. Top five Santana performances.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh god, Top five Santana performances. Okay, River Deep's number one. Obviously.
Speaker 1: Constant craving is a high on my life.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna have the same list, aren't we.
Speaker 1: Valerie? Oh god, Black, No, Bush, there you are? And mine. Yeah that's a pretty good one. I mean I think we're missing some, but that's a pretty good one right there.
Speaker 2: Wow bangers, Yeah, wow, we were remember how struck we were by constant craving watching it.
Speaker 1: I did not even know it existed in my mind. I think that's why I was like it skipped over in my mind. We watched it and it was like brand new. It was like a number we'd never knew exist. The same with mine, to be honest, Yes, although I Himo had mentioned mine, so I knew that was coming. I mean, it's not even just it's that she was acting as well as she was singing and or performing or dancing through all of those numbers, right, like she only ever had her foot all the way on the gas exactly. That's the one one year yeah, song from the two thousands twenty tens that you wish you could have done. Look, there's a lot of songs, and there's a lot of songs we did do. Comes to mind, I wish we'd done some more boy bands, That's what I was going to say. Really, yes, interesting, that's really funny to see more of that.
Speaker 2: I would have I would have liked some more in Sync and Backtree.
Speaker 1: Boys exactly exactly. Oh wow, thank yeah you want to say that? No, definitely, m wow.
Speaker 2: What was your go to hangry snack on set? Lots of love of Norway, Hey Norway.
Speaker 1: Cheesy Doritos or like cheetos, like a bag of something.
Speaker 2: Candy. There was like a bowl of like Halloween candy, and it was once I learned my lesson from eating the fiber bars. They were delicious, but let me tell you you're not supposed to eat a lot of those. Oh back to back? Uh did Kevin's feet ever fall asleep on the WHEELCHAIRT? No, No, we didn't. If you could remake an episode, what would it be? Well, I suppose if you're talking about like reliving the experience, because I guess there's two ways you can think about it, right, It's like one reliving the experience because it was so much fun to do, or one we don't think we got right and you'd like.
Speaker 1: To do it right.
Speaker 2: So the first part of that one that we could actually read it. That's really tough.
Speaker 1: That is really tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, blame it on the alcohol is probably the obvious choice, is it? Because what we always say, like I say, it was my favorite because there was so much fun to shoot. But I would kind of like to do one of the competitions, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that too, like like hold on to sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that because or like getting to perform with everyone again. I that would be really really fun. No, you know what, I think it would either be more than a feeling, yeah, Jenna, more than a feeling. America still haven't found.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, or I remember, yeah, I like that one anyway you want, that's the way, or the Journey one is man that's tough. Yeah, yeah, one of the competitions though, for sure, maybe one of the earlier days ones like.
Speaker 2: Journey favorite ship that never sailed? Honestly, Quintana exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes. Do you think Alrety and Tina had pets? I think already had a turtle.
Speaker 2: I feel like he might have been too grossed out by that.
Speaker 1: No, you had a turtle for sure. In my mind you always had a turtle. To be fair, I think you're right. I was trying to get away from it, but I think you're right. That seems way too right. I don't know that Tina had any pets, to be honest, I don't think your parents are our pets. What is your most favorite Celine Yan song? Okay, Power of Love is definitely a top for me. For Selene. That is like asking me to pay a child, like a favorite child. Do you know what I mean? But power of love is up there.
Speaker 2: I don't h I don't even know where to begin. What's the one? What's the David Foster one with the note? You know?
Speaker 1: All by myself?
Speaker 2: Yes, all by myself is up there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the power of.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'll say, all by myself.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a Vegas residency. Count me in. I don't care, pregnant or not. I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Someone You wish I'd appeared on Glee? You know, there were rumors about Haby of Bardem and I really wish that he was close. That was a close one, Like, I don't know how that would have happened, But are you kidding me? M give me a howy of.
Speaker 1: What are your expectations for season five? Many highs and lows on that one. I feel very torn about season five because obviously we are SAMs Corey, and for that reason alone, I don't really love this season. I will say there are episodes like the Beatles that we do, like the Whole Beatles, two episodes we do that I'm like, I love doing those episodes, So I feel a little torn about season five.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I'm trying not to think about it, Like, I don't know how I think the weirdest part, to be honest, is going to be weird watching our faces because it's like, you know, what's going on in real life behind you showing up to work to do at your job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. It was a dark time back there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we were all struggling, and so that that's going to be weird. I mean apart from you know, what's actually happening on the show, I don't, right, I imagine quality wise, it might feel the same way because we were all just sort of tugging.
Speaker 1: All through the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Favorite award show memory I have two. Okay, the first Golden Globes. It was raining, we had no idea what to expect, We didn't really expect to win. What a joyous occasion. Yeah, we were brand new. And the author is when Chris cole for won his Golden Globe award.
Speaker 2: Correct, those two memories very clear, all right, unbelievable. And it's also like surrounding that weekend, there's all kinds of parties and like when when the show won, we got to go backstage and then your backstage with all these incredibly famous people and.
Speaker 1: We're winning Golden Globes.
Speaker 2: Mind boggling, Like the presenters that are about to come on are all back there. And yes, it was just like the interactions we had with people during those times, like just the most famous actors in the world. Yeah, it's really wild. Felt like we snuck in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we didn't belong. Kevin, what was the hardest song to sing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, we had some hard ones.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I I mean so like Pyt and Thriller were hard just because I was I mean, they're hard songs to sing, and I was very sick. I think technically speaking at last was was really high up there. Oh, I mean that was I was. So. I did this little thing on Twitter the other night where I was listening to all my season five songs that I was on and selfishly, I think the best I've ever been like with vocal strength was that season of the show, because Luke Edgewan had been doing all of my guides up to that point and was just pushing me right, and like I was singing more than I had ever sung and singing more difficult things than I ever sung. But some of those things I just simply could not do like I we had. He had a much higher range than me and at last was probab And also like when you're on a song with Amber, you're like, I have to try to keep up with her, Yeah, and I don't know how to do this. Joel's song Honesty was also very hard.
Speaker 1: Oh right, that is a hard one too.
Speaker 2: That was really hard. There's nothing to hide behind, totally totally. Do you have a favorite memory for Madonna Week?
Speaker 1: Honestly watching the Vogue recreation was like a dream express Yourself? Yeah, although what it feels Like to be a Girl is still one of my favorite numbers of the show.
Speaker 2: Express yourself though, like fun yeah.
Speaker 1: So the EI for the experience, and then one of my favorite numbers from Dana Week ever in this show is what it is.
Speaker 2: I know you're all still friends, but you guys listen to your cast members solo music. Yes, of course, more than my own, I mean for sure, Like I also, by the way, speaking of of these music, I will brag Amber sent me all of her demos music and.
Speaker 1: What stuff.
Speaker 2: It's very good. It's very good and there's a lot of fun. Oh my god, so Bug her online to like really get it out because it's very good. How was it working with Chase Crawford.
Speaker 1: Chase, he came on so late, What a weird time, but like so much fun to have him.
Speaker 2: And we had seen him for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Chase and I hung out on the regular on the weekends. So it was very strange to have one of your like outside actor friends that are on way other, like you know, successful shows come into your world and you're like, wait, you're it's so weird, But it was so much fun to have him.
Speaker 2: Very strange to have him there.
Speaker 1: Love Chase, He loved love Chase, Like we would hung out and hang with Che's in like London. Yeah, in like twenty ten as a group, did you ever lose it being together all the time. It's a good question. Oh yeah, but we'd lose it, not in a we'd lose it collectively. We wouldn't lose it against like against each other. Yes, it never turned in word, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: It was always like we'd lose it and be silly like oh my god, we're so tired, or we'd lose it but like we need to go home this, we're over it. Yeah, Yeah, it was never against each other. No, too much work. Yeah, it was such a choice of energy. You know, it's like we're in the same situation and it's not like anybody was messing it up for anybody else.
Speaker 1: Right, this is an interesting question. So what was of with that Tina was completely absent after her graduation. It's coming. That was kind of a choice and also not a choice. I had asked to be made a worker. After that point I wanted out, and I think they were like, great, we have other characters story for with you later. So I was fine with it at the time, and when I got a dog and I was living like life for a second.
Speaker 2: But our friends who had already graduated, and if you're in New York you have more time, You had more time, And I think it's hard when like we're still working that crazy as schedule and then like you see all those people.
Speaker 1: Living yeah, like and hanging out with them still too, You're like, oh, but it'll be interesting. And the reason I liked this question is because I'm going to be watching from like an outsider's view of this season, and I could be To be completely honest, I don't think I saw a lot of those episodes there, so we'll be watching its literally the first time. And I remember I go to New York at some point and I can't remember what season that was, maybe it was early six, but anyway, and then it was really fun to come back and do two thousand and nine and the finale like that was that's very memorable for me, So I don't feel like I was away for that one season. Six is also a half season, it's not a full season.
Speaker 2: Were there any method actors on set? No? No, I think it's hard to method act if you're doing a TV show, especially if you're doing twenty two episodes. I know that what's the name from Succession is a method actor, but they're doing it's just what ten episodes a season.
Speaker 1: So it's a shorter life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there was a rumor about a Glee convention in Brazil. Was that ever true? So I believe there was a scam that happened right or like we were approached and we weren't doing it. There's a few of those, a few of those, so just beware if you see those, try to DM us or reach out to us, because yeah, we've heard of not just with our show, with other shows of certain quote unquote Glee conventions happening, and it's just people trying to scam you, so please be careful. What's the best Glee cast version? And why is it blamed on the alcohol? I don't know what is wrong with all of you. It's like a good version, but yeah, exactly, there's one of the shit we found on tiktoks of these people dancing in the parking lot to blame the gleek hass version of blame it on the alcohol, and they're like, I prefer the gleek cass version of the song. So what right? I don't understand it, don't get it.
Speaker 1: If Glee was made today, what would each of the characters be famous on TikTok for That's funny because you would have to integrate like social media, like we did a little bit with like the MySpace of Rachel posting her videos and you know all of that. But like these days, it would be like a very different show, like Fondue for two would be bites on TikTok and you know what I mean, Like there would be just would be on TikTok for sure. But I also think it's like what would go viral every week? From the show, like what would be people's things that they would get made fun of or people would talk like like I could see Tina getting cut off all the time being like a thing on Twitter and TikTok that.
Speaker 2: People talk about.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right, that's funny.
Speaker 2: I think if you go off of like sort of what's trendy on TikTok, now, totally. I think for like Alartie, it would probably I don't know when people say I hear my people, but I don't see my people. Maybe I see a lot of Arby music. I don't know that's Artie's thing. Yeah, I think I think a lot of like Rachel's isms would be the thing, like people doing impressions of like how she performs or like when she storms out and things like that.
Speaker 1: Mercedes were music like her music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think because I used to have friends that would make fun of Glee music because it'd be like a normal song and then all of a sudden at the end, but I guess she would come in to like hit the high notes, and so I think that like, oh, we need Mercedes to actually like really help us here at the end, but they underutilize her usual.
Speaker 1: And Brittany would be like like a do like a like a conspiracy there?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you guys us the questions or again my terrible use of old adult terms off the chain. I don't know her, Yeah you don't. This was great. You guys are great. We hope you enjoyed these questions, these answers that we so we tried to assemble from your wonderful questions. Thanks for joining us, and keep writing in and get more on Hine because they the more on Hinch they are the better.
Speaker 2: I think we need you another one of these and answer like there's just pages of questions. I know, I think so many. Well we might have to do a part too soon or part thirty whatever this is at this point. Yeah, that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.