Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment presents a Rick Butchers Show with Speedy Grig Butchers had Van and Rick Butches.
Speaker 2: America and here we go, a brand new hour on a brand new day America and the text Nation saying Rick, we are ready, See to go Detroit, Rock City Ready, the Sensylvania Ready, Columbiana ready, the Creator ready, Since Sarge is ready, Josh and Auburn is ready. Laurel Mississippi, Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Ruskin Packaging in Hefflin, Alabama.
Speaker 4: Mister T says, your mother is ready, Hartzel ready, Oxford Ready, Philadelphia, Mississippi Ready to.
Speaker 5: Alick City, I see you?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? America cover.
Speaker 3: It is a brand new rigged Burgess show. And nobody's saying, there we go.
Speaker 2: North Augusta, South Carolina's ready, Adler's g I is ready, h Petemont's mister T and his mother is like no other is ready. Gosh, g you dried a love thos yesterday with them the good One sing it all day fellas, How are you good? Feeling good? Abod good feeling look good, doing good? Yeah? Kind of an awkward day for Adler. Oh boy, well, and it's on me. It is Adler it's it's it's it's one hundred percent on me. So today is the launch date for Men Don't Run in the Rain. I love how you claim it's on you and Speedy's read it, Greg's read it, and you had every intention of reading it before today, and I asked you to give your copy to your dad. Yes, yes, who sent a great review. So it's going to be awkward when we talk about the book today because you haven't read it yet. Sorry, that's true. Yeah, but but tomorrow I will be over here signing copies for people who are ordering those for Father's Day, and you will never even have to fool with the paperback version, the advanced copy. You'll get a hardcover tomorrow. Okay, Okay, sorry about that, buddy.
Speaker 6: I was going to do the get the copy for my dad. I forgot for out.
Speaker 2: It's okay because I knew you didn't care, so right. So, so so when we do the awkward segment where we're like we're like talking about the book and the guys start chiming in on the parts they liked about it, and you're gonna be over the gun. Yeah, sure, that's so sorry about that.
Speaker 6: I'll be like, yeah, I remember that part of the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was my favorite part when we had those advanced copies and they weren't completely done, they were paperback, and I got, you know, I had you know, how that thing. Do you ever get that feeling when you have like this is a problem with free things? You think, oh, man, I got plenty, and you start giving everybody one, and then you turn around and realize, well, I didn't have that many. Yeah, now I don't Right now as we sit here today, I do not have a copy of the book. That's how mean I was.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, but but we will, we will. We'll have a bunch of them coming over tomorrow. Not tomorrow, yeah, tomorrow after after we do the live broadcast, which he saw he's gonna be worried about today, but so so we Yeah.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 2: So let me set the table for where you if you were have any interest in getting a copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain. It is available now and it's pretty much available everywhere. Uh. The only thing that would make you say, well, I want to use the link at Rick Burgess show dot com at the bottom of the page or Themanchurch dot com right there on the homepage our Burgessmanistries dot Com where it says books. The only reason you would get say, oh, I want to use those links is you know it offers the option to get a sign copy. So if a sign copy is important to you, like for Father's Day or for yourself, then you only those links will provide that. If you just want a copy of it, then it's on Kendle, It's on Amazon, uh, and the audio platforms. All those are going to vary. I do not think it's on Audible yet. It will be, but I know it's on others. So if you're an audible person only, you're probably still a week or two away. If you use some of the other audio book platforms, it's probably already there. So it'll work itself out over the next few weeks. But the book is available and we'll uh you can go grab that today. So there are going a lot of you already have as soon as it became available. It was interesting watching some of you some of your lives. It's interesting y'all do stuff at one and two o'clock in the morning. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got up, like I got up and out of it, you know, because I can see if they use the links that we have right that have the sign copies and all that. So that actually sends me an email kind of like what you dealt with on the voting for Make Mama Smile Again. So I get up, and I keep in mind I get up at three fifteen, and so when I get out of the shower and everything, Sorry about that visual. And then and then I turned my phone, go get my phone and start get getting ready for the day. I'm like, wow, So people have already gotten the book at like one in two in the morning, at midnight, and I was like, okay, wow, that's good. So they're up. Maybe they use the bag and they said some of them working, they work third. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 7: You know, it's interesting because of your media blitz that you're going to have busy week. You got a couple this week, but kind of just sitting back, just making sure you know things are organizing your world not I mean, we have a promotional team and pr team that's doing most of the work. But it's interesting how times have changed as far as the promotion of the book. Because yes, you're gonna be on with Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity who have syndicated, you know, national radio shows. But the podcast world is exploding to the point where there's very successful podcasts.
Speaker 2: And well, you look back.
Speaker 7: On when Trump ran for reelection, he focused on that that avenue in that podcast world, because that's what you hit. But it's interesting to see how many great podcasts are out there. Yeah, you're going to be on. You go back to the Rick.
Speaker 2: And Bubba days and when we did the books with Thomas Nelson, which is now Harper Collins, and the whole book world's changed, just like our industry has changed. And so we did the standard. You go on shows, you had to travel there. Yep, you got to be on, and then you do book signings. That's not the way they do it anymore. Like you just said, I'm going to go on a few shows, but there's only maybe two or three that I'm going to be in person. The rest of them I'm going to be sitting in our podcast. We just were making a podcast studio now because there's so many podcasts your point, and you go into the conference room and on our dry erase board, there are more podcasts up there than anything. And all that starts Thursday, and off we go so, and I've already done one podcast that was just tape delayed called the Art of Manliness, I think for something like that, and it's a big podcast. Yeah. And the other thing that is interesting about this particular book, this one feels a little more like the stuff that we did, you know, back in the Rick and Bubba days, where the book has more of a mass appeal, you know, when we got into the manchurch dot com and started writing devotionals and things. Those have done great. But you know, there's some people saying, I don't really want to read a book called Sin Always Matters. I don't want to read Transformed. I'm not a person of faith. That doesn't interest me, or maybe it's just not important to me. Those books don't appeal to me. So you have a very a large but a unique audience, and you don't get a lot of people, like on just any show saying how I interview you about Sin Always Matters. But this book, because it's about Greg and my dad and he's such a character, and it has comedy in it and it has you know, things that you know, it's got more of a mass appeal. So there's more platforms that say, hey, we're interested in this book, you know, even though the others, you know, the mass appeal wasn't there, and they were never intended to be that way. They were intended to be resources for men to study the Word of God. And this has a spiritual component to it as well. But this one is a little more like the show. We do a show and we entertain, and it's secular entertainment. And we are people men of faith, and we certainly talk about our faith, but we entertain first and then earn the right. And this book is a lot like that. I mean, if you've ever been to hear me speak somewhere and you've heard me tell a story about dad and then go into the message, that's the way the book rolls. And there's there's a little bit of everything in there, including a chapter that that came late, real late, about what if I'm someone and I didn't have a dad like yours? So what about us? And we actually take that on in the book too. So so anyway, it's it's available everyhere now and you can grab it today and we'll work through that. We'll talk about it a little more a little later in the program. We also got to come back and talk about tomorrow the show goes on location. Let me tell you, yeah, somebody from Text Nation, Rick, would you go on Joe Rogan's podcast appsolutely if I were to get that funny you asked, Rick, I gotta tell you yeah, We'll be right, Mack.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we just did some stories on the show today. Right, it looks like things are going well. Conservatives seem to be on the up. Trump administration all these things that have been accomplished, like even in the last week. But be careful, don't don't rest the fight. It's never going to end. This is Do you think the left is going to pack up and say, Okay, y'all got us. That's not going to happen. And that's why we need, now more than ever Blaze TV. World is full of noise. We need a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, fearless commentary that helps us make sense of the mess chaos that's out there. At Blaze TV. It's a home for some of the strongest, smartest voice is a conservative media, people who tell it like it is. They ask tough questions that the mainstream just will not touch. So they're not afraid to challenge the narrative and say, wait, I don't know if I go along with that investigative journalism. Do you miss that? You'll find it at Blaze TV documentaries that shed light into the deep State. Yes, Blaze TV again and guess what a lot of content from this show is part of your Blaze TV subscription, including the new podcast Strange Encounters. So for eight bucks a month, a price of a fancy cup of coffee, you can be with the platform. All you have to do is use the promo code Rick at check out when you go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick subscribe today and say twenty bucks right now on the annual plan Blaze TV, Unfiltered, Unafraid and on demand. All right, we're back. You got the Rick Bird you show, brand new edition. Thanks for being with it. A lot to do so text Nation always keeping us updated because it's instant. You can get with us instantly. Love text Nation. By the way, So somebody's saying, hey, man, I just went to get the book listen to Something to do with the audiobook on Apple and there's like two different versions of it and they have it like two different prices. He says, why does Apple have two different audio versions, but no ebook. The answer to that is, I have no idea. But I did talk to the folks at Ironhill Press and they said they caught that over the weekend and sent in a ticket, a help ticket to them. You're kind of the mercy of their own. And we too were going, what is this? And from all accounts, it looks like it's the exact same audio file. So I just buy the cheaper one, you know, So I don't really know why that is. And you're gonna see some of that, you know, trying to work itself out as the weeks go by in this whole new world that we live in.
Speaker 7: But a lot of folks don't know. But the fourteen ninety nine version has an interview with baby brother.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that the fourteen I don't know. I'm just kidding. The fourteen ninety nine on the Apple audio that's when Greg Waising right right, he sings mother, mother like no daddy, I father, father, You're like no other. But anyway, so no, no one knows the answer to that text nation, So I just go with the cheaper one because it looks like they're both the exact same thing. And and I know Kendall has already it's it's up and rolling. So I know, I know that's an e book, that's that's already rolling. The other ebook sources, I think a lot of when you get into the audio and the e books, you're gonna see that kind of It's not gonna roll out as smooth, but it will. It will all solidify itself. A couple of things to talk about. So tomorrow the show is on location, speeding take a d bread just let me hear you breathe. Yeah, it's a lot, it's a lot. We're going on the road. Yesterday I went down to camp house. Hey, I mean you're gonna bring me out polo shirt? And so I went to camp house yesterday actually had a storm take out our high speed internet. Not a camp house, but but at little Little White farmhouse. Okay, So they did find the problem and it was knocked off. So we got that done. So I dropped the shirt off for Gary. So so he's got it, he's got it. I haven't seen him tried on. He wants to, Hey, I want to wear like your staff polo like everybody and so and so he then let me tell you how I did expect. Hey, y'all don't know what it's like to work. I mean, y'all ain't never I mean, Greg and I is only one know you ain't all this said. Listen what he says? I said that, Gary, I said, you got to meet me at the studio. If you want to ride with me? Yeah, I mean I want to ride. Okay, we've already covered that. Meet me at the studio, I said, I'm talking about. The latest we need to meet is four fifteen. What I said, four fifteen, that's the studio. Good gosh, I mean, what time? Hey, why don't we got to go? Why don't we have to be shower? I said, Gary, what time do you think the show starts? Well, I mean, I don't know. You don't know when the show starts, I said, Gary, the show starts at five Central time live. I said, matter of fact, four fifteen is going to be giving you a break suddenly. This thing, well, I mean I guess. I mean, I said, well, you'll be there or you'll be left. I said, there really is no other Were you surprised that he made Turkey hunting? You got to get out there? What was that at to you?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: I was discussing, I figured he was one of those guys that gets up that time.
Speaker 7: Anyway, Yeah, I'm excited for them to be able to just chill out and watch. But two of my boys, Tyler and JC. Hello Toed Reese, who's headed in new listener of the Kay But they're going to get to come out and just kind of hang out and they haven't been able to do that, especially Jac. And I was discussing what time we start with them, and I was like, hey, you know, you either ride in with me or you need to be there at a certain time. And when I said right in with me, I said I'll be there around three fifteen, and they didn't balk at that. I said, but you know, I mean four thirty whatever, And for them that sounded worse than three fifteen, And I said, how is that someone worse? And one of them spoke up said, well, three fifteen you can just stay up, okay, four thirty you're going to bed and actually getting up. And for a young kid, I guess that made sense. I don't know, but for Gary, I know he's not staying up, So I don't know why he's big. He's always up, but he's always up running run.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's just all he justlikes to be ill. I don't think he's like foulness that Gary always has.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think I think even if you get up just hearing the fact you've got to be here that early, it kind of hurts.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, that's what he said. Well, my goodness, you know, I got to drive all away from Chilton County and then somehow text Nation just brought it up. Rick onon't you let Gary spend the night? Can you imagine? Can you imagine that would be? So I forgot my pajamas? She's Rick got something? I can you imagine he's terrified to share though he'd never come. Yeah, you got anything, leeveless? Hey, you ain't got one of them, do you so?
Speaker 9: Rick?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Are you asleep neither?
Speaker 2: Hey? You sleep neither? Neither neither? You know what that's over here? I can't go to sleep because I keep thinking about my mother. She's like, okay, old though when I was born, so y'all that Carrie that was with me all day all day.
Speaker 6: I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 2: It owned us all day long. So let me I hope we can purge that today. Yes, all right, So here's tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I got mad at myself for saying mother too much. Yeah, Like at the end of the day, I was like, you said it too much. You said mother like one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Other Hey, Sherry know all with dinner tonight? Would it be too much trouble if we could have a nice sattitude? So anyway? The all right, somebody is saying on text Nation, if you look at this apple thing those of you are seeing on the audiobook, the fourteen ninety nine comes with the PDF. Okay. Does that mean it comes with a what's the same a PDF or what the whole book?
Speaker 6: I guess it's the whole book so you can put it on like your kindle or something.
Speaker 2: Okay. So they're saying the fourteen ninety nine you're getting audio and an e book. In twelve ninety nine you're just getting audio. Is that I don't know any of that or PDF breakdown of the something? Okay? Whatever.
Speaker 6: We got to stop once you get going it.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna allow mother one more time?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know that it's going to last just one day. I think I think it might be the week. I think we're just going to have just one mother.
Speaker 2: It's an active week. Let's care it all week. Have found the intro where the two kids are arguing.
Speaker 6: I thought about the kids last night, the kids arguing, and now how that girl got called fat?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, she got.
Speaker 6: Got called fat and ugly. And then mister mister t sang a song about his mother.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I couldn't understand how that tied.
Speaker 8: Rick.
Speaker 7: I think what you need to do to carry it over into tomorrow's broadcast since you made Coach the Boar so uncomfortable last year, were saying, roll Tide, have him sing this, please?
Speaker 2: Okay, we coach mother, all right, So when we come back, I'll give you the list of people that are scheduled to be on the live show tomorrow, scheduled to be on now look, Tuber's, y'all gonna have to let it go. I'm sorry they're already starting again out. But this is a good time for y'all to learn other options. So there's there's a tune in out, you can stream. You can stream the audio live. Like somebody said, why not audio only, Well that's called the Junion out. Yeah, we have streaming apps. You can get the audio only that's not a problem. You've got to go to Rick Burgesshow dot com where it says listen live, click right there and you've got the audio from tomorrow wherever you are. If you don't have enough feeling, okay, yeah, we'll be right about This.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the link that'll give you that option. So are you? Are you out there? Maybe maybe it's you, maybe somebody you love? Uh and getting to the point we're stepping over into a tub, becoming a little more of a journey. Uh not safe. Well, let me tell you something, and I've got the people for you. You're gonna love this company. What you cool? Really great people too, first class talking about safe step walk in tubs. Now you may be thinking, what in the world, Rick, am I gonna do? I mean, I've got a tub, this is my home. I don't want to leave my home. I don't want to You don't have to do that. They can come in and redo any bathroom and they can give you a walk in tub. As a matter of fact, right now, they can transform any bathtub from an area of concern to a calming refuge like it's supposed to be. But if you call them, we're gonna save you because you're part of the show. What Up Family, We're gonna save you sixteen hundred dollars all right, one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty. And you be sure and let them know that you listen to the Rick Burgess Show. You can use the code big Vox or just tell them you listen to the show and that's sixteen hundred dollars off. So be sure you mentioned that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And what they'll do, it's uh. They make these, by the way in Tennessee, Tennessee, so there are folks. They feature an ultra low step in, you know, avoiding that difficult climb over the traditional bathtub wall. They offer a variety of therapeutic benefits from your soothing and soothing those aching muscles and joints, increasing your mobility, boosting your energy, even improving your sleep. So and they usually install these in one day, so not a big hassle. So call them one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty mentioned the Rick Burgess Show. Are the code Big vox and get sixteen hundred dollars off. If you can't write that number down right now, just go to rickburgesshow dot com look under the sponsors and you'll find it there too. So looking to tomorrow, okay, looking to tomorrow, Live on location, live weather. It looks like it's going to be all right. Please no mojo, So I think we'll be fine there on location shows can breed a wonderful chaos, so that will actually be happening. Will Gary b there? Yes? Hey, I don't know man, that's early. Ye, that's earlier. Gary's there. Come see how he looks in his extra large polo.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's going to be there for the duration. Uh, so you can meet Gary. We'll be on the Coca Cola patio and we will be at historic Greystone Lovely to watch the sun rise there in Sweeten Home, Alabama, for the region's tradition the Drumming Company Celebrity pro Am. Tomorrow, Speedy will be playing. He'll be teeing off later in the day. We've decided we can't lose Speedy. He's going to stay with us. So here are the people that are scheduled to appear. Trent dilferd Bo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tuberville, UH coach Calin de boor coach Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson all scheduled to appear tomorrow. And I don't see him on here, but usually we're able to get Taylor Hicks as well. Yeah, yeah, he jumps in though unless he be there early enough, who knows. So if you want to come see the show, if you're coming to the celebrity program, fine, once you come in, just come see us. Okay.
Speaker 7: Now that there is normally a restriction area. It's a little little white fence that surrounds where we are. There's one around you, so yeah, really, but don't let it stop you. And to get through there, they have kind of a list of credentials that you need and and so that's not on us, that's just on them because that's where a lot of the players and the pros they'll they'll go in and eat in a certain area. But you can still get close enough, and people have in the past where if you go up to that area where they have kind of make you stop, you can still hear everything and see everybody walking in and.
Speaker 2: Out and all that stuff.
Speaker 7: And though some years are a little bit more strict than others. In some years and it depends on it. Just the crowd overwhelms whoever's at the gate, you know, and they just let them go. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, in the Rick and Bubba days, I've been part of that show many times. I've never seen anybody he who wanted to get a picture or get something signed, or wanted to watch ever had a problem. No, that's right, So it's it's not a big deal now. So but you be aware of that. And uh, and so yeah, we look look forward to to seeing all of you tomorrow. And and please don't start singing, mother, there is no other way take you. Yeah, maybe in the commercial breaks, maybe this least hold what would y'all do if, like say, Nick Saban sits down, I said, before we get started, mother, coach, watch it watch on the phone. Yeah, you said, mister T think Chris Farley interview. It's pretty cool. Have you seen mister T singbody's moment? That's cool? Hey, saving check this out there. It is. Let me ask you this, if if we see a live shot happening, Oh here we go. I mean, oh yeah, we're in Okay. I want us to hit that course wide. I wanted to come up. I want us to a video. Yes, Greg, go back to the old Western. You remember when people come shoot up to the town. I want us coming in there on our horses, and I made I want us shoot in the town up. Got it? Look normally that's pretty early. Yeah, yeah, but we'll do it. Yeah we did tell Jane we're we're more dangerous than ever before. Oh yeah, I mean we what do we got now? We got we got nothing to prove. Yeah, it's a and the show's kicking right now. But I don't know what this meant. Are starting to row? Were are some good things out there now? Man, this was a you know, this is a new day, new endeavor and uh and it's it's really starting to pick up moment. And thanks to all of you out there. You really, you really, you're really showing out.
Speaker 7: So yesterday I went out to location like we normally do, and just tested the equipment. Hey do we have a connection. And Greg was at master control and he and I were communicating and checked one two, everything checked out. And that's just peace of mind knowing that they have it set up, and we're our equipment's working and all that.
Speaker 2: That's standard.
Speaker 7: But what I wasn't expecting is after I broke it all down, I started encountering people that he the work at Graystone Golf and country Club or that are a part of the tournament that we see annually, and there was concern on their face. And I don't know if it was like they just wanted to be I don't know, just hey, are y'all going to be here? You know, y'all are going to be at the same spot, right. I don't know if they just needed that to know that, But for some of them, they look concerned.
Speaker 6: Like are y'all going to be here?
Speaker 2: You know? And I did it kind of made me uncomfortable a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm like, are we that big a problem? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I asked the staff that I'm like, how how how much do y'all look forward to like ten am local time when it's over?
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing. That's what what you may have experienced is because and I still run into two people still and I have to tell them because I mean, we wanted to honor the Rick and Bubba show. We wanted, we wanted to celebrate that last year, and and they were they would be time for everybody told what they were going to do and beyond the show. And so we spent so much time celebrateating rightfully. So, by the way, I'm not saying that was the wrong thing to do rightfully. So a lot of people thought everybody just kind of ended yeah there there, and that we were I mean, i mean, I'm talking about in the last you know, six weeks, I have been out with Sherry, you know, and when she pulls you into shopping whatever, and people look at me and go, well, what are you doing now? I'm like, well, you know, I'm doing the Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg and Adler. Oh I thought you retired, you know, So that so so what I assume? So what I think you there was that yeah, concern, Well there's been so much marketing for us. But but the media blizz, the media blitz that we got. But yeah, but but but I will what I'm going to say is this, I think if they were being honest of the thirty one years of Rick and bubb behind me, those years, do we do a live show out there? A lot three quarters of that time. Yeah, at least okay, there was.
Speaker 7: There was the first few years that everybody was embarrassed of us, and we weren't.
Speaker 2: Worthing, all right, so we know ninety eight we were there. So the Rick and Bubba Show started in ninety four, So easy, twenty five years we've been out there, okay, yeah, all right. So I think they thought it was over and they were like, no more of them coming out here and shooting town up. Okay, and so somebody said, knocking everything. Somebody said, and then somebody told that. Somebody told them, you know, four of them are still shooting uptown and so and they're coming back, and they they've got an attitude right now that is very similar to the attitude they had at ninety eight. You know, when people talk about how much they're enjoying this show, I just said, man, it's just man, this is the way we this is what made the old show. I mean, we definitely all were on that, and but you know this is I just feel I'm enjoying the energy and the fun that we're having. And I know for some you know, they they preferred you know that it was you know, even though we still update you on the headlines to matter and all that. Some people got to where they liked it became more of a news talk show. I think that's run its course. We still update you, but I think more people like that, Hey, we've returned to to fun is the number one thing. Uh, And then you gotta have fun and then everything else is kind of secondary. And I think there's some concerns out there that that I did get that, that that that there's going there is I did get that. I think somebody says, hey, man, some scouts just came in from town and they see one of the horses in their coming. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because the one gentleman I talked to, he most definitely knew we were still doing the show, and he was a concern.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: And and one just wanted confirmation and one just didn't know, you know. So there was the three things I.
Speaker 2: Think to honor the new show starting and on the past. I get it's a different time and Speedy would have got arrested. Yeap, won't you do it this time? But just leave you underwearl there you go, you won't get arrested. Ryan Greenwood texting you No, I'm just saying, y'all know, agree with that I get. You can't get naked again, but jail, there's too many cameras out whether naked cowboy it does keep his underwear, he does, Yeah, and he's the naked count. You're an older man, you have you have a grandson. You're running your underwear.
Speaker 7: There's stay well, two of my boys are gonna be there. I can't run him under well.
Speaker 2: You see they missed it. Speaking of this the original yeah, speaking speaking of the coming out today, Greg and I saw our dad and his underwear all the time.
Speaker 7: Sure, yeah, yeah, he wore those white grips. I'm not saying they don't see me in my underwear.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying in public running through the field, you're a committee is gonna run you underwear, and I'll tell you what I think. You not running making the phone though, Yeah, maybe with them, so it's not against the law. I pulled up I pulled up one of my old Instagram posts of you walking shirtless. It's on my Instagram. You gotta go way back at Calvin Speedy. It's you walking shirtless behind the live shots side of me. He won't get greed to do it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Warning in order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like enough Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We're back, thanks for being with US America. Dranking out another one the box seats and y'all forgot about it. Oh no, the box seats will fill today. So we got a Burgess ball battle coming today. Uh huh, Burgess Ball battle today. And guys, the last three out of four winners have spun cash the last three out of four. Man, oh, he knows that, trust me. I'm aware. I'm aware. Yeah, cash will was a good idea, right people winning Uh So anyway, he's trying to figure out how to get the wheel in the trucks, so get it out there. So it's gonna be tough. It's gonna be a tough maybe don't travel well, Hey, baby brother, just ride with me. I'm just riding with you. One less pass. I gotta keep up. Yes, Hey, tell Greg I don called shot shot and you went up. We get in there and we bootleg park anyway, and that's one less that's my thinking. It's all right, how connected, I mean, you have a you have a little bit of anks about now.
Speaker 7: You know my biggest, my biggest thing, and this is for all of you that you know organize things. I mean, I'm not like I'm the only one to experiences this. It's just you don't want to forget anything, you know. So really my main thing is just not forget anything, because once you're out there and rolling, that's not the time to go. Oh you worried about Greg and me and our Well, well that's on my list. It's funny you said that it is on my list.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: When to give the guys their credentials. Now, I just walked in in there to Adler, no concern at all.
Speaker 2: You're not about him. No, I gave him his.
Speaker 6: Parking cause problems. I don't cause I.
Speaker 7: Gave him his parking pass. I gave him his credentials. And guess what he'll do. He'll park and he'll walk up the two of you. It's credential.
Speaker 2: Little about when Adler shows up and he looks like a sherp. He's got a backpack on the front. Back, he's carrying two things on his shoulders. You know. Is when you climb mount every he really does. Are you bringing the van? That big van? Just you my car? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What are you talking. You're asking me, am I driving my car to the work, driving my car to work that day?
Speaker 2: He could swap.
Speaker 6: You're just actually never driven it. She's never driven it. I don't think she wants to. How do you feel about jumping in with Rick? I can't do that. I'm a surpa.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's a big van. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: It'll be so much easier to load in and load out. I had to do a jigsaw puzzle to fit everything when I had the Forerunner. Now it's just like throw it in the van.
Speaker 7: I'm not talking about it's a big fan for you.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about it's gonna take up a lot of area there.
Speaker 6: It's not it is the side. It's the same footprint of all y'all's trucks exactly.
Speaker 2: It's so tall it's going to draw.
Speaker 6: Nobody parking on top of it. Greg, I don't have to leave room above it.
Speaker 2: It sticks out. They're not supposed to park. It's gonna be too much fan. It's gonna be too much fan a car.
Speaker 6: It looks like a like a security like. It looks like it's supposed to be. I could park that thing anywhere. I could park that thing on the curb of the White House and people be like, yeah, that belongs there. That's that person's taking care of business, official business.
Speaker 2: I'm almost sure I've seen like a picture of that van with a line through it around this golf course. Not a lot, bring it here, picture picture that we'll get there so they won't be there yet. Oh no, but it's God. The people gonna be walking around going who's famous? I wish in that turnaround spot right from them?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and the vans that you realize that they bust people in and the big busses have to get back out.
Speaker 2: Do this put I don't know if it's right because they won't look close, printed out, print it out and put it like somewhere like a round circle and put John Daly's picture on it. Don't think it's his. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 6: If you guys want to hang out in to I want to chill out in it while we're at the take a little.
Speaker 2: Some prink. You want to know, are you bringing mister Chen and putting him on the.
Speaker 6: Table, Oh, that would be cool.
Speaker 2: And then does he need a credential? And is he still alive currently?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a live he's doing. Y'all have given him such a little amount of time to survive, and he's going to live for so long, and y'all are going to be like, oh wow.
Speaker 2: No, I saw it as he died.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: I saw it. Speedy just followed it. Greg. I know you saw it too. I watched Adler's face. He didn't even know I was looking at him. He thought I was messing with stuff in front of me. He thought he did not know I was watching him. I saw his facial expression when you brought up mister chin. He forgot. He had forgotten about that fish.
Speaker 6: It looks like it's floating. No, he's he's hungry again. I found him a second ago and he's like, all right, let's do that again. Yes, second breakfast.
Speaker 2: Second breakfast. Wow, there was one little man driving that big van.
Speaker 6: Hey, that is a sweet vehicle and everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so's the van? Ever been out there? I know you know.
Speaker 6: I thought I had it last year.
Speaker 7: No, you did not bring that big van last year by yourself taking up curb space.
Speaker 2: Some creepers out there. How do you feel about ali Us riding with you?
Speaker 6: That'd be awesome. We can listen to medal. It'd be so cool. He would be uncomfortable. I would love it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Greg could hold mister Chin into by Yes, well, if he was mine, I had to take him all day. He was on me. I love it so much. Coach, say, look, let me just say I watched mister Chen. Don't bump him. His name is Chin. Let's get him in now, treat him right right.
Speaker 6: I think I am gonna try to wear slacks.
Speaker 2: I'm usually coming out there, and then the blue jeans. He had to get slacks for his Mother's Day brunch and.
Speaker 6: I he was wearing them, So I'm gonna wear the I'm gonna wear my Easter outfit.
Speaker 2: And I can't wait. We're trying our best to calm Easter. The tubers, Yeah, tubers, I'm sorry. There's no way to do live YouTube on this from this location training and I get it. So he's gonna shoot some stuff. You'll have it like a little documentary feature, some videos from there, the big interviews, just like he always does, and then you'll have it a day or two later. But you can't just listen to the tune in app that is audio streaming live for you. No matter where you are. I know they they like to have their stuff. Understand.
Speaker 6: K any affiliate app you know wzz cap.
Speaker 2: If you're in the area, yeah you can. Yeah right, they got the app. But tubers are all over. So there's if if if the it's funny, if your radio feel it has an app that works some of a lot of our affiliates do, or just listen to our tune in app. Just simply go to the website where it says listen live. There it is, and so you'll you'll you'll have the audio and then the videos and all that will be coming. It's good, really gonna work out wonderful for the YouTube channel. Okay, you're gonna have at or shooting stuff from the live broadcast tomorrow. You're gonna have another Strange Encounters coming out this weekend. Then you're gonna have for a Memorial Day weekend, tell from the camp House the Fishing Tournament episode. There's a lot of cool things coming too the YouTube channel. Top of the app.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 10: Well, welcome to the Rick Birds Show, broadcasting from the rag World with Speedy, Greg Adler.
Speaker 6: And Rick Berges. Buckle up, America.
Speaker 2: It's time for the show. Welcome to the Rig Birdchest Show.
Speaker 6: Broadcasting from the.
Speaker 10: Rig World with Speedy Greg and Learn Rick Berges bucal Up America.
Speaker 2: It's time holy shaving blasts. Glad you're here. As you heard, the gang is all here for a brand new hour. We have box seats coming later. Burgess Ball Battle coming up. We announced last hour. The new book Men Don't Run in the Rain is available now wherever you get books. We have links on the Rick Burgess Show dot com website, Themanchurch dot com website. You can click on books at Burgessministries dot com. These links are the only links that feature an option to get a signed copy if you want to do that for Father's Day or something like that, So you do need to use those links for that. You're not gonna find that anywhere else. But it is available and audio and ebooks and also on the and the hardcover just about anywhere you can get books today. Some of the audio versions have not yet put it up, but they will. I saw somebody earlier saying, well, I can tell you Chirp's got it. I've already got it. Some of you who said Spotify's got it, I've already got it, So some have it, some don't, but those will fill in as we go. Same thing on the ebook option as well. So that is out today, Thank you all so much, and we'll talk more about that coming up a little bit later on coming up tomorrow Live on Location, Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tuberbull, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, Jamie Johnson, all scheduled to be on the program tomorrow and then being on location always always adds a little bit of just a little angst, little chaos, difficulty, and it usually leads to a pretty good show.
Speaker 7: So and baby brother's gonna jump in with you, and so is Gary. Yep, So you've got them. They're my back.
Speaker 2: And I really wish I Adler were jumping with you, but he's not. He won't. And so that means that you're coming in in your truck. Correct?
Speaker 7: Do you do you have your keys on you at all? I mean, like, do you have him on your in the office to your truck in my office? They're in your office?
Speaker 2: Well nobody, no, No, I have my pocket real okay? Can I have your kids? In your pocket.
Speaker 7: Thank you, man, What are you doing? I'm I'm putting your credentials in your truck right now.
Speaker 2: You're gonna work.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: He's been fuddling with these things. What Greg has called around, It's called history, It's called I'm just I'm torn down by you forgetting stuff. Speaking is taking our credentials and walking them to our vehicle. I don't want drama tomorrow with you. The main church conference. I gave my I was told to give my back, and I made a big deal out of here. He goes, are you are? I'm just gonna put it in your truck that way, you know when y'all walk around, and Greg's like, man, where you road go back? Okay, coming, we got a lot of Let him get this office plate. I'm tired of looking at him over and playing with it because I'm worried over writing and stuff. I deal with you. Wow, he's worrying himself. Have you put Greg? And he said, this is this is not this is the this is not.
Speaker 7: Well, that's everybody's this is no. This is you Gary and Greg. Okay, since you're their daddy. Tomorrow, let me tell you and then here's your parking past.
Speaker 2: And that way ain't got to deal with You have mine at least he said home going, Amen, speedy, do it. Listen, I'll keep up my past because that's how I get in there to the breakfast. Oh, he's gonna lose that. I ain't leaving that mug. And don't start talking about that. It's good, but don't start talking about soon. So here's every year. This is that we get in there because you're normally not here as early. I know Ricky got it. You gotta look and you see him starting to make the coffee. Because when you first get there at the coffee, ain't ready what I'm wanna doo cofee, You're gonna have to wait a minute. They get it pretty early, any shot, they're pretty quick with it. But any shot we get are you. Are you devoted enough first to get here early enough tomorrow to make some coffee?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Okay either, well I could. I mean now, I'll be here in time to do that, But you won't do it. Why do it? It's just gonna sit in there. I'm talking about drink. We can't take it. We have it, you can go. They got coffee, they can't take a knock off it Before we leave, they'll have the coffee ready before five thirty. I'm making If that's five, no, I forbid we have some.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Rick's trying me to make coffee here before we're gonna have caught because he says it's not gonna be ready when we get there. Whether it gets ready by five thirty, yeah.
Speaker 7: But if y'all are gonna stay, If y'all gonna be here for about thirty minutes and then have.
Speaker 2: Some coffee, ain't no ready to have to keep all that your attitude. You see something else they're making. You say, he's never been there at five like us, speedy by the first break, they got it made. And now you're exaggerating. You said five thirty, Okay, I made that up. You know it's it's deering. It's dearing that hour.
Speaker 7: I want you to have cough coffee because that means you'll show up, you'll be in a good attitude.
Speaker 2: You want to be dragging. I'll probably make a little I'm making coffee tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I'll make it, make some coffee.
Speaker 2: It's not hard, And I just want to let y'all know this isn't me.
Speaker 7: I'm not worried. This is just me doing things, so I don't get worried. So I just want you all to have them that way, I don't get worried it worry that maybe they might be in my truck a little too early? Yeah no, no, no, what it did in my parking A great point. Now they're riding shotgun.
Speaker 2: Remember that. I don't like a coffee tumbler Text Nations right, I think I'll drink it here before we leave. I can't be keeping around with some Tumblr. Good call.
Speaker 7: No, you could take the Tumblr and then go inside fill it up. That way, you don't have to keep going in and out.
Speaker 2: Guess what Greg and I are doing today? What do you have your idea? Oh you don't what. We're tackling mama's car. Today's today speeding trying to jump that baby. We're gonna get that car running. I've already got it. I've already got a mechanic standing by. If we can get it cranked and get it over there, he said, he said, we'll take it, we'll service it, we'll change the Your mom's worried about the wipper blades and what is her deal on this? And one of her headlights that this ignore that she she ha's nothing. You know how they'll follow up. Yeah, she doesn't like that one of her headlights is not as as clean as the other headlight. Yeah, or that was a sign that was gray. I don't remember. It ain't gonna hurt nothing. But if you think I tell them go ahead and take the off that want too. But I don't. I think they have to replace the whole thing. Yeah, I tell you the thing you care about anything but your peanuts. I tell you this, though that's not important in that car situation. Let me tell how things go with aging parents. Okay. And mom's sharp, she really is, and she's independent at her age. She's really amazing. However, however, she's still eighty three, right, yeah, okay? Is that eighty three? Yeah? All right, So this is the kind of stuff that happens when you get to this thing with parents. My mother told me, okay me, we have a nephew and a niece. They're twins. They're about turn sixteen at the same time this month. Okay, next week, yeah, next week. Okay. So the female has our niece already has a car that's being given to her by another grandparent. Oh that's sweet. Okay, the boy does not have one yet. Okay, So Mom said to me, because we talked about this car maybe being his, No, he don't need to drive that. It's it's getting old and it kind of still does some stuff. I don't think he should drive that. I don't think that's a good idea. Okay, all right, So I tell my nephew that, well, you know, there's some concerns about that car. You know, you might not want to take that on. You know, we'll we'll have it, we'll get it looked at. But I'm not sure about that as an option. So I go over to see mom. What about ten days ago? Well, Reese, that's his name. You had a Reese too, our nephew's name. Ma Reice told me you told him he shouldn't drive my friend. I said, wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, busted, Mom, you said that that wasn't for me. I mean you you well, he said, well, I guess, I mean that was kind of me a good idea of it. Now he don't have a car. Mom, you said that. I didn't say that. You just repeat it. I was repeating it. Well, he said, you were adhim about it. I wasn't adamant. Now I don't care If he drives that car, that'd be great. I couldn't care less you had concerns about it. I was trying to get him off that narrative. Well, do you think you shouldn't drive it? I didn't you said that, and so well I don't. I didn't think I said that. I mean, if y'all go get it serviced, then he can drive it. Okay, So uh it took she told you, I said it. Yeah, that that that same story, and I was like, what's written about cars? Good point? You know?
Speaker 7: Well said, well, you too have put this off for she don't in months and months. And it took him to push you to this because y'all I don't think y'all still be doing it.
Speaker 2: Y'allouldn't be doing it today. Our sister dropped. She She basically said, my son needs a car for work. Can y'all please get this car running? And if our sister doesn't weigh in, y'all won't be doing that today. I can tell you I'm in our defense. I've offered you and we ain't funding with that today. Okay, how do you offer it though? Like I'll try to jump it off. See if you were do you know how many gum, how many times? Do you know how many times I put that on the table?
Speaker 8: Never?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you the only reason I do it.
Speaker 6: Treat her right.
Speaker 2: Treat your mammy right, mother, Treat her right. Treat your mama right, mother.
Speaker 7: She is like no other a guitar running. Y'all have some mosquitoes fry to put on the least of the words.
Speaker 6: So I've heard about that. I've heard that damage is the paint.
Speaker 2: Too, though, Well, we're not putting it on paint, buddy, you put it's a mosquitoes fry? What I mean? Greg?
Speaker 6: Why did you so disgust about everything not mosquito? I think your mom cares about it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter if you care.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show? What eight eight eight six? Big fucks?
Speaker 2: Here we go. Phone calls America, your chance to chime in. We've hit a lot here already. Our first check in with you. The beauty of the unscreened phone call. It's quick, it's precise. You don't have to deal with a call screener. Hey, let me put you on hold. Hey, let me see what you want to talk about now other people are ringing with there's ten lines and you've got to direct access at eight eight eight the number six and then Big Vox are eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine same number as the text line as well. You can do either there. But right now we're going phone calls, so it's your opportunity to be part of the program. So dial us up now simplysafe dot com slash Big Vox. Now, I know that peace of mind is something that should be a given, but now not anymore. Would just depress of a button. With simply Safe, you're not just locking up your unlocking piece of knowing your place is protected twenty four seven. They are setting the new standard in security, delivering peace of mind every day to millions of Americans. Their AI powered cameras can spot engage with suspicious individuals proactively. You get security that doesn't react to threats but actively works to stop them, and the monitoring plans about a dollar a day, no contracts, no hidden fees, sixty day money back guarantee. Take control of your safety today. Go to simplysafe dot com slash big vox. Are you ready for this fifty percent off? Find the link to at rickburgesshow dot com under the sponsors there is no safe like simplysafe dot com slash big vox safe. All right, let's go to the phones. Unscreenphone calls. Hello, you're on the rick Burgers show your own go right ahead.
Speaker 11: Rick, Hey, lerre lurru lern your patch and Allen's crime came Yes JD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the patch that was sent to them. Yeah, it was sent to us and then then we sent it on to you from pedl Mississippi.
Speaker 7: Yes, there was a city of federal State uh in Mississippi.
Speaker 11: Yesterday I had the doctors a bright and became home dead. X dropped off an envelope.
Speaker 6: In the envelope we had.
Speaker 11: Called the US Marshalls in New Mexico. They sent us their shoulder patch plus the challenge crank.
Speaker 2: Wow, what Larry you celebrate? Larry?
Speaker 6: That's great, fantastic Larry.
Speaker 2: Hear from you patch on Patch Nation. I wanted to ask Larry if he liked that song about mister T. I wanted a ring Burgers show on screenphone go ahead, I help you all right.
Speaker 12: Now, I'm doing pray.
Speaker 8: I've got a couple of things from you guys.
Speaker 9: One, I sent you a picture, and I think Franklin made his.
Speaker 13: Way up here to Indiana and told me that some guy to play a little ball abandoned.
Speaker 8: Him, so he come up to visit me because I too played a little.
Speaker 2: Ball, play a little ball back in the day.
Speaker 8: And for Speedy, I wanted to make him proud, Yes, daid my stepdaughter's college graduation.
Speaker 2: I barked, let's hear it, let's hear it, let's hear your bark that time. Here I am, Yeah, here, I am, I'm proud. Rickers show. Yeah. Unscreened phone calls, let's go.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, good morning.
Speaker 12: Just wanted to get your opinion on something.
Speaker 14: All this news about the plane that Trump was taking and whatnot. You know, I voted for Trump, and but I also call a spade a spade, and.
Speaker 12: I want to my opinion.
Speaker 14: Is him taking this plane kind of makes kind of looks like we're a bunch of prostitutes.
Speaker 12: I just want to know what, say you guys?
Speaker 2: You know what I I'm only only seeing the headlines, so I don't even know. Apparently he's been gifted an airplane from guitar Guitar guitar from guitar, I honestly, I'm not trying to avoid it. I do not know the details. I'm like you. I saw the headlines and it seems very odd. Yeah, of course he's making a statement that the Dems would have paid for it. He got it for free. I did see that, right.
Speaker 6: It's a four hundred million dollars jet. It's a palace in the air it's the Air Force. One is like forty years old at this point, and the the costs for keeping it up have become to the point where they need to replace it. This could be just a temporary gift. So I think this could be just the news story of the of the week, of the day that people are just blowing up into a bigger story. It could be just temporary. It's not even the specifics of the gift haven't even been laid out.
Speaker 2: So now to the caller's point, now that you'll kind of informed me, what about the optics. I can see where the caller is saying, Yeah, I mean, these are people that when you're getting we do business with. They can be a little shady and some of the things they do. This looks like they're trying to have influence over our government. Here's a little gift for you. Remember that next time we need something. And I know those kind of things happen anyway, you know, with nations and politics. But I can understand caller, how your first impression on that will be, like, I don't know, that's a good idea. Well, but again, I'm shooting from the hip. I'm just now really getting to tell I'm doing the same thing because I've just got but I also heard them breaking down. Now you realize the cost of the time to go through this thing to make sure it's legit, it's not bugged, it's not you know, something like that. Absolutely, you know it'd be a long.
Speaker 6: Process bugged or tracked or whatever, So you got to be very cautious. Some are saying that it's going to eventually end up in the Trump Library, right, yeah, I think so. Yeah, the optics of it are not great.
Speaker 2: We continue Rick Birder's show. You're on unscreen phone calls Go ahead.
Speaker 12: Greg because handball up?
Speaker 2: Handball? What's out?
Speaker 12: Looking forward to seeing all tomorrow and hanging out.
Speaker 8: I just got a quick question.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, so I'm working out.
Speaker 8: I just got working out late in the tanning bed. What would you that said about what's next.
Speaker 2: You're gonna start running in the rain like some kind of frantic woman. Hand bones lost a little weight. I look forward.
Speaker 8: I look forward to getting reallyrusted.
Speaker 2: By all tomorrow. Well you've already been roasted by the Tanning bed. Greg, You's got at le yeah you getting them tan You's got a lot of people. They don't realize hamdbone and it hadn't been announced as playing with John Dailey. H we continue Rick Berger's show unscreened phone calls go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was gonna say, y'all, I heard about them camera that BUCkies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny. Why I keep waiting on BUCkies in Moultrie to get together and do an advertising campaign that would be that would be great. I'm home uh so so yeah, I don't know. And other people are saying that that air Force one and all that that this is a way to that that any president can use this the rest of the time of the are Yeah, I get all that, and then you hit on it, which other people hittingto by the time they get this thing checked out, Greg and upgrade and all that, it's a it's a weird thing.
Speaker 6: And Bowie is having trouble fulfilling orders. There's just a whole whole lot of reasons why it's kind of good, but there are also a whole lot of reasons why it doesn't look great. And you gotta be worried. You're gonna be conscious about accepting a gift like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, all right, bottom of the hour, We'll be back. We got a lot to cover today, foe still more to come on the brand new edition of The Rick Burgess Show. Thanks for being with us today.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 2: Here that link I'll get you also the one on Rick Burgess Show dot com and under books at Burgessministries dot com. Any of those of links offer that option if you'd like to get as signed copy of the book officially out today, Men Don't Run in the Rain. Exciting day, all right, So getting some other things to cover tomorrow the show on location that will be fun. Scheduled to be with us tomorrow, In no particular order, Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart Tommy Tuberbull, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson all on the schedule to appear lists tomorrow. On location. Speedy has been driving Greg and I, you know, crazy today because he's worried that we're all gonna lose our credentials. Drive crazy so much so that he's gone out to the truck and put Gary, Greg and my credentials in my up so we won't leave them tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's just five p's right there.
Speaker 2: Planning prevents port performance. Hang on. I don't want to worry you, but putting them in his truck is, well, that's what you'll are going in. I know, but you do realize, I know when you're thinking about I feel like everything's handled and I'm good with it. Maybe you're not playing out your truck today. Rick throws stuff away and don't remember no, no, But I don't anybody complaining. If you get a credential, it's a little sticky. So that's going on. Greg and I are going to resolve the car issue with mom today. We've covered that also. Is this a Mother's Day present?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 2: Sort of? It's great. That's that's a nice ad. That's a nice ad. Hey for Mother's Day, Mom, we can get that car. You know what, because.
Speaker 3: Mother, there is no other treat them right, treat your mother right except car.
Speaker 2: So speedy. What is this thing that happened with you at the Stallion's game Sunday? The stage people people are asking me about there's something happened to you when you were doing the speaking of Mother's Day because because you were on you were doing the game. What happened?
Speaker 7: What my greatest moment? So I think they're talking about the pregame right before kickoff, where the one thing about the uf L that I do like is that it's I mean, you get behind the curtain.
Speaker 2: I mean you get, you get.
Speaker 7: I haven't heard coach uh skip Holtz talking to one of the ABC guys that was there in charge of micing him up and he's like, man, I forget it's own. I heard him actually say that, you know, because you get, you get inside and you you hear the calls, experience radio arguments and the you know, the adjustments everything. And so the national the national anthem was saying, I think miss Pell City saying that you did a phenomenal job. Do you go, miss and you know they have a real horse that comes running out when the team does. I'm talking about I mean a lady on a horse and here they come and it performed.
Speaker 2: Well, is the horse white? Uh? It is?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 7: Why ask that it's not? It's what what do you call the ones when they're like white and they have a name, like a painted horse? Yeah, yeah, there's a name, there's Greg So then so then uh.
Speaker 6: They steal the stallion.
Speaker 7: Okay, no, but it's it's a name. This it's brown and black painted horses. Okay, that's what my people.
Speaker 6: And then it's like a brown horse.
Speaker 7: That's a photo. That's not the one they use. Not not this, not the last, not the last maybe two or three games.
Speaker 2: That's this year. They're talking about the kind of horse like Tonto wrote them. Yes, yeah, painted horse Tonto go to town.
Speaker 7: So uh so so the player, you know, there's a player on the mot he pumps the crowd up. Then it's my turn, and I have I have two uh stallion squad members, which are the cheerleaders, but they're they're called Stallion squad and they have a Birmingham sign and a stallion. It's just the Stallion squad Rick and I think.
Speaker 6: Mine is that the horse they're using?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it looks like it there and so so so the the whole deal is you split the stadium up and you go one side Birmingham, and then the Birmingham sign goes up the side Stallions, and the Stallion side goes up.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 7: And so now it's my turn, and I'm like, okay, it's it's kickoff. Now you gotta understand coat skip holes is where Adler is. Okay, he's there. The players are right there. I mean I'm on the side. I mean it's like the teams are running out onto the field for kickoff. Okay, I mean it's on. I mean, white hats out there. I mean, here we go.
Speaker 2: It's on.
Speaker 7: I'm the last thing. And then we step off the field and they kick off. So I'm like, oh, here we go, let's go, you know, Birmingham Stallions and the first Birmingham I knew it wasn't good because my voice cracked like like Peter Brady, like Peter Brady was changing. Yes, I went everybody, and then I went, when you do something like a horse, I'm like, what am I Henry the horse?
Speaker 6: And then and then I finished.
Speaker 7: And I picked up on it on the first Birminghamingham and then I'm like, oh no, oh, no, oh no, And I got to do three times and so and so I lowered it.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know what cracking. It was an early game, and I and it was the first time i'd really you know. And then the last Stallions that did it again.
Speaker 7: So I finished and I went wow. And the cameraman he kind of was grisy, he was he was giggling, and so I walked past him and and I look at some of the players.
Speaker 2: I said, wow, what was that? And they because they weren't sure, do us?
Speaker 7: And they got to laughing and cutting up about my voice?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they got on me. So I said, Speedy's going through puberty again. Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 7: So I hadn't had that happen before. But hey, it was bad, and I just kept going through.
Speaker 2: It, and I'm like, well, here we go. Did it warm up for the rest of the time.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I was finding the rest of the time, but that was really the only time I have to scream and holler.
Speaker 6: Nourham, you know.
Speaker 7: And then that side of the stadium echoes, you know, what was shing back.
Speaker 2: In a voice, I wish we'd have been there.
Speaker 7: How About when you know it's it's you know what's happening, and it's live and you can't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: I wish you would do. I can't take that back. You remember the old guy at Florida that you used to got a middle field do two bents? I was speedy, plea.
Speaker 7: Overdue and it was an early game anyway, it was like an eleven am kickoff on Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Came up with that. It was really, did the UFL go to Birmingham, Alabama and play a professional football game at eleven am on Sunday? Not just any Sunday. Yeah, it's a bad idea on any Sunday, Mother's Day Sunday. Yeah, yeah, especially when you're for some reason, when you're bringing the attendance that the UFL seems to be bringing in. Anyway, let's go it on Mother's Day at eleven I had what I was. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The point too of me bringing that up is that it's early and nobody's really wanting to holler. So now it's not like it's a Friday Friday night game like we've been having our late Saturday afternoon game when everybody's kind of up and going.
Speaker 2: So now you know they're already booming. I did say some people dressed they would show the row again people they had like the wrestling mask or the horsemen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's sections. Oh they love their stallion speed.
Speaker 6: Where are you during during the game most of the time the sideline, So you're on the sideline most of the time.
Speaker 2: Nice Palomino. People are saying, Palomino.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, it's a real pretty horse and and uh, but it's it's cool for that horse to be able to come out and do that. Did you tell even the other teams like, wow, that's the horses galliper.
Speaker 6: Painted horse like you said, Rick, or even a Pinto horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's it's pretty. I know that's a horse. Somebody now may happened speed. He says, gonna have like that, gonna ride it in tomorrow. He came riding and on the sun rise on the hot West Texas day. You should have took Henry the horse to one of these games. Let him bust out front the thing.
Speaker 7: Hey there's a couple of Henry horses that Oh yeah, they got them, they got them.
Speaker 2: What if I did come running out on that, and I'm going, what what if all of a sudden no one's expecting. Okay, you see the little thing they got to run through and all of a sudden, I'm talking about as fast as he can possibly run, fast as the little legs will carry him. We see one Eddie van Adler as Henry the Horde, and I'm talking about he digging out in front of the team, running as fast as he can bring him. Moment the yeah, I should.
Speaker 6: I love to see that, and I'm streaking right.
Speaker 2: Probably I'm probably not gonna go to eleven am on a Sunday morning, but I mean, yeah, that was tough. That was a tough one. I'll tell you what we're gonna do for you, mom My Mother's Day. We're gonna go see this stuy and just played eleven Yeah you know, actually there were a lot of moms there that was with their families.
Speaker 6: But I canna find you on the sidelines, Bed, I want to find you so bad.
Speaker 7: There was one moment where the tied end made a long run. Uh yeah, I should be right there, and and he threw me the ball. Oh that's a pre game there is That's like early in the game. There I can't no, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. That's right before halftime.
Speaker 2: There, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. D get out of the car, funny, The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show, hanging out, having a blast. Thanks for being here, vox seats will feel later another burchase ball battle today. Will meet the folk, the ones that want to be met. Others will just say hello to them. Greg, did you get an anniversary? What's this anniversary here about? And I know it's not your anniversary, but it's not. But my friend Steve Hall. I met Steve about five years ago. Warre you Thompson Warrior football. Anything you need with that, Steve's got you covered. I'm boy Steve at the games like start raining. He made sure that my daughter in law and the kids can get in the shed. Great Steve and his wife are having his wife Kayla twenty fifth anniversary. Well, happy aniversary instead. That is a big one, okay us. Also Adler, for those of you watching on YouTube, Adler has found you know a lot of you wonder what is it like to see Speedy in action stop it at the Birmingham Stadions game and to watch him wrong the sidelines. This is one of the big plays. If you were watching the game on TV, you may have seen it where the interviewed speed the tight end for the stadiums makes a big play and tosses the battle. Yeah, no, no, he yeah he did.
Speaker 6: Look over here, look over here, he's gonna toss the ball.
Speaker 2: He's he's wearing Marty McFly's jacket and you know what he said, toss it. Yeah, all nice toss to the riff. It is so I wish you'd get run over during one place.
Speaker 7: He's right open, so the cameraman is you see the cameras on the ground right there, and I see where the play.
Speaker 2: I might pick the camera up. Picked the camera up because it's coming right at us. I like to see him get the camera.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he had just put it down. He's been holding it all day. So we had a little bit of a trying to pick it out, and he does. He grabs it like a pro, and then we start backing up and he I'm like, okay, here we come.
Speaker 2: They'll get speedy right there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yep, come on, throw it Tommy, big guy. Yeahs to me like I'm part of the theme, like a special moment right here, Yes, special moment.
Speaker 6: They're speedy throw the speedy chat tosses it back like a pro. Wow, look at it go? Do you'll see it go?
Speaker 2: That was great?
Speaker 9: Greg?
Speaker 2: Where are you, as a former defensive back on this? All I care about, sho, I knocked the ball off somebody's hands. I don't take an opportunity to jack somebody. Well, they've made it illegal.
Speaker 1: Rick.
Speaker 2: They'll say, oh, he's defensive.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean he was already tucket and running it now. Yeah, but now I will say this, the stands guy that one they punched out there at then that basically settled the game speedy yeah, about less than two minutes ago. And I mean the guy just punches the ball well, and it is good if you can do that. No, I'm with you, though I'd like to see maybe step up trying to separate him, separate him from the ball. About that Sunday, it was a weird day.
Speaker 7: If you've had these days where it's it's a little cool and the breeze is kind of like and then all of a sudden it's hot. Yes, yeah, you know, is every vest that because you can just wear vests, everyone's there okay, even with stallions on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, that that hell fly, he wouldn't have a stand, to be honest, to make fly ones more puffy. Yeah, yeah, I was just going for something I got. You get it painted the picture for right color right, But I mean, it's if it's got to be puffy. Was it that cool out that it was? You said that. Yeah, I'm not sure why you had that on, but it was puffy at times. It was you didn't have to make I didn't have a puffy job like that. I said, you did a little puffy make fly. What if when you got hot during the game we looked later you took the shirt, the bottom shirt off and still had the vest.
Speaker 6: Best only only.
Speaker 2: Left gold. That's good, that's good about I brought that something similar up to Sharet other day. I said, you know what I said when I went to Nebraska, some guys were there at the breakfast and everything they had on overalls. I said, I want to get me some overalls. You don't want overall for the farm? And she goes no, And then then she said it. I said no, no, And I said, and I want to have overalls and I want to be shirtless. I want to be shirtless and overalls and they're a little baggy. And then it happened. She said, I'm just going to tell you you're too high waisted to wear overalls. And I said what do you mean? She goes, you got too much torso. And I said, well, you mean low waisted, and she goes, well, yeah, long way, yeah, long waist. And she said, you got too much Torso. She remember when they came out with those untucked shirts. Yeah, and they were not they were not longer like a cutoff. They like a cut off, and and you just wear a normal button down and then it's an untucket. Yeah. She goes, overalls, I think they I said, what do you mean? She said, I think they right up on you. I've never been an over too much Torso. I've never been an overall person. But it feels to me like they would be binding because whenever would you wear coveralls, like when it was cold or something. I never liked that either. You feel like I'm on. This is the same reaction I got when I wanted to get a Buckskin suit. Uh you know, Ricky, I was hoping you'd get that with the fringe on the pants. Oh man, I want one so bad, like Davy Crockett, I want to put on buckskins so bad. I want you to have overalls on, but cut them off. Greg Stewart my roommate in college. Yeah he was. He was shirt pray the shorts. You know, my roommate in college and got the name Haystacks. He wore overalls, shirtless as his look. That was his look. Okay, he had shorts and he had long but he did it all the time along which Speedy, little discomfort for you here, man, everybody's talking about me. No, now that I got you, let's go and get all the speed we can give him. So the the Eagles offensive tackled Jordans. I don't know how to say his last name. He this is gonna. Yes, he gets to meet Chris Stapleton and he does something. He's backstage at a concert and unfortunately he's a big man. He starts singing Tennessee whiskey to the guy who knows. Guys, that's like somebody telling James Gregory Joe, yeah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Speedy, I'm That's.
Speaker 6: Like going up to Martin Luther King saying I have a dream, like that's his zone. Don't do that. That's his area speaker. So but I will say that's a big guy that this NFL player actually has a great voice. But you can tell he's nervous in the beginning. Stapleton jumps in with him. I think Stapleton felt awkward jumps in with them, and and the whole thing, I honestly is is saved as as it goes on. At the beginning, I'm so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm staring at you, seat taken.
Speaker 8: At you.
Speaker 6: All right, here is this Eagles player singing for christ.
Speaker 2: He was already uncomfortable. He was gonna let that beating wrong me back.
Speaker 10: Being to fuck home.
Speaker 6: You can't stop for jemsis serious about it? You're sweets, that's not I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to find Chris Stepson didn't know where.
Speaker 3: To lo.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's better. Now what if he went into mother? No brick.
Speaker 9: On your know?
Speaker 6: In fact, his NFL player helps, Like can I can I say this?
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we were Jason Crabb? You remember that? And we end up hurting this guy's feelings and he sent all his merchandise back that he bought that night. But that guy went up Crab and and broke into a song to him. You remember, Greg, guy forgot that he got some Madie sing on this stuff. Remember we we kind of did we make fun of him. I don't think he's sang bad. It was just awkward like this one. I'm going to take a chance. Yeah, you do remember he sent us a picture of all this thing because he bought merch at the at the show that night. I forgot about that. He sent a picture of his stuff and say send it back or something. Oh, you don't sing to the singer even if you sing, well, what about this? What about this set up?
Speaker 7: But before the video started, did somebody bring it up and go, hey man, he can sing your start and just whatever? And and somebody like made him say like no, sing it, sing it for him or whatever. And then somebody just caught the video and he didn't just walk in start singing.
Speaker 2: You always have that guy, Well, Chris, you need to hear him sing Tennessee whiskey and he's like, I'm not good. Now go ahead and sing it from Chris, listen to this right, you're hoping for that, That's what I'm hoping for. We gave absolutely did what would what would now sud where are you if all of a sudden he just started doing it. No, we're not doing like that guy that I'm talking Yes, the guy to start singing at Jason Crabb and it.
Speaker 7: Was I'm hoping a buddy of his stepped out and shouldn't have and said, hey, man, sing that Paul sing. You sing it all the time, you sing in.
Speaker 2: The locker room and everything. You sing it for it. Maybe he shouldn't have sung it so long. Yeah, maybe he just did that run he at the end, and then that would have been that would have helped.
Speaker 6: I think he wanted to do it. I think he's like, I'm gonna sing for Chris DAPs. He got his shot. That's a good shot of Kris Christ was in larger than real.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Listen up, you got a blood kest from the world The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us, America. Another hour coming your way, and we thank you for being here with us today. We have covered a lot. Did you miss the show, Well, if you missed any of the show today, catching on our daily archives, watch the archive on the YouTube channel, or listen to it on The Rick Burgess Show podcast. Channel and never miss a moment, So still much more to do tomorrow on location, Live and Unpredictable. Scheduled to be on the show tomorrow Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Who Frees, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tubrabull, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson Alt on tomorrow's live broadcasts. It has Speedy a little bit good. He's got angst a little bit about getting everybody there. Gary the Bulldozer man, Hey, fun, do you drop that off off over me over at campbas And I did, Uh, Hey, I want extra large because I've trimmed down a little bit. And this thing where Gary would declare he's like one ninety Gary, Hey, I mean I'm down. I'm I'm below two hundred I mean Gary. So so that's tomorrow and Gary will be with us, and he's riding with me, so there's no hit. He can't leave, and he's gonna he'll start getting Andy wanted to leave. If I'm wrong, didn't he did he show up last year like heuring the event I was year before last. Yeah, I don't think he came last year, but I think he did the year before. Here here's the deal.
Speaker 7: If he gets too antsy, one of the shuttles runs back to our parking lot.
Speaker 2: Right here. You can just say, hey, just go grab the shutle and going by. That's true. I forgot about that. Drop them off right here here. Here's here's something. Here's some things to worry about, some things to be concerned about. Gary wanted to talk to Nick Saban, so please let him. Gary getting in an argument with Charles Barkley and Gary telling Kaylin to bore. He didn't like what he's done to a day. All that can happen.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow, Yeah, where Gary's gonna shine. It's real early and then once we hit hit the guests, it's it's non stop for about an hour and a half. And then and then the last hour when and and this is when I told them that that we're all dangerous, is when we've been there and we're working on the fifth hour.
Speaker 2: A little warm to warrant, Yeah, a little warm tomorrow warm. Yeah, believe we're there. It just when it starts getting warm warm. Do you have shades shade like sunglasses? Yeah, but I can't see. That's what I thought.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: It was something I knew it was something with those and I probably work cap step Son blue cat blue catty cap. I think I were the one war has work cap out there. Captain. I don't think I wore I wore one last time. Yeah. Yeah, we're gonna have a big cloud behind us again. You remember that here we go. Don't don't be like that. So so that's tomorrow. Also today. Yeah, we've got box seats coming up a little bit later on Burgess Ball Battle. And we released today the book Men Don't Run in the Rain.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And of course I got some questions about that. Okay, go ahead, Greg. You you've read it, read it. I've read it and lived it. You've lived it, I know.
Speaker 7: And I guess one reason why the book obviously it's it's a it's a great book and it was so good. And Rick, I didn't meaning disrespect to you by this, but I did come to you and ask you, did you really write it?
Speaker 2: Right? You did? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I didn't mean like because I know that in the past with the Rick and Bubba books and stuff, you guys had help, you know what I mean, y'all y'all would submit information and they would kind of put it together.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you said, no, I wrote it. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 2: It was quite an undertaking because of what you just said. When we did all the Rick and Bubba books, we were interviewed by ghost author Martha Bolton, right. And then when we did We Be Big, the Story of Rick and Bubba, we were interviewed by Don Keith, ghostwriters both times. So we were interviewed and then they took the stories and the information we gave them and then they wrote them and tried to stay in our voice, and they did the best they could, but there was a I don't I think it's impossible for a ghostwriter to one hundred percent write something and it really be your voice. I just don't think it's possible. I think they did a great job, and those books were good and they were entertaining, and I'm very proud of them, but I wanted to when I started dabbling with the devotions and writing these devotions. Andy Blanks, who has been great encouragement on this, and Sherry, who is my wife, who is a very gifted writer. If you've ever read her book, you know that, and so they kind of helped me and saying no, just you're overthinking it. The problem I would always have is Greg and I were raised, like Andy Andrews talks about, we were raised by great storytellers. So when you tell a story, you know, I was always tried to be colorful and try to put you there. And that was not it was just something that we were just always around. But for some reason, when I would go to write, because I had zero confidence in that, it's almost like I would just give you the facts. And that's when Sherry said, no, you need to write the way you tell a story. Just write that same way. You know, tell us what the winds do, and tell us, tell us what's going on around you. What did your dad look like? What did it remind you of? Don't just say my dad stood there and it was hot and this is what he said. You know, you got to paint the whole picture and put everybody there. And so I really I didn't. I wasn't very I wasn't very good at that at all, and I still got a lot to learn. But so I started trying to and then of course I got the you know the stuff you have now, where Andy was like, well, just take the technology today and tell the story to the computer, you know, and let the computer, write it your words. Yeah you're talking, you're talking. And so I didn't do as much of that as I thought I and I really did more of what Sherry was teaching me to do, is to say, just concentrate. And of course people had to go clean up the grammar and spelling and all that, because I'm horrific at that. But yeah, this is the this is the first book of this kind of length that I can honestly say that I actually did write it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, well, having a front row seat to a lot of these stories, and you know, your dad was extremely special to me. But because he treated me like I was his son, and that's the way the way he always was. He always hugged me. He said, come come here, boy, you know, and he'ld give me a good grub.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he would. I'd ride in the truck with him for some reason.
Speaker 7: Was I was his truck buddy on some of the long road and I had to tie everything down in the back though even if it was so heavy, I could hardly put it in there. Hey tie that down now, yeah, you know, he'd have some ropes in there.
Speaker 2: The truck would have to turn upside down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so hearing all the stories, that's what I took from besides a lot of how you you wrote it, But the description is it's like y'all were telling the story and the stories that I've heard or experienced, you know, like him standing there with the team and you know, one socks up, one socks fall because of his massive calves, you know, and you describing him standing in that bed, you know, and one of the coach well the players having to like.
Speaker 2: Interrupt him what.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there was no way, Greg, as you know, to capture every single story. There's so many others. You could do a volume two. Yeah, but I tried to go to the ones that you might have even heard the meat of them. But even Sherry, my wife, said, look, I knew you're dead for you know, nearly thirty years. And but he was different with his daughter in laws. He was different with his grandkids. And she said this these stories i'd heard. She goes, but even me, now knowing the whole background, there's one story in there that completely being completely frank. That always bothered my wife. She she didn't think it was funny. And she said, now that I went and read the entire background, I get it. Now she said, I understand you better after reading it, and and she said, because there's the tails in here that you know, even I didn't fully know. And so I think even if you heard kind of the meat of the story at a conference or whatever, the book format gives the ability to give you the entire background, Yeah, which you know, and I think you know and you reading it, Greg was a little bit different. How was it for you to read it? It was kind of strange. Yeah, that's not the right word, but the fact because I was there for most of them, yeah, not all of them, so that I've never read a book about something I actually was there.
Speaker 7: I know, yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, But I mean, how did you pick? You know, I just put some down, you know, the not running in the rain. You know, you can't let little things bother you. You know, nobody cares about what happened last year, No excuses, don't be stupid, you know, get out of the stands having confidence.
Speaker 2: Well how did you land on those? Well? What if what I wanted to do with the book, Because there are others and one of my best friends growing up that dad was like he was for so many people. He was a dad figure for a friend of mine that we grew up together called his name's Mickey Shadricks. And you know, Mickey said some things about that that he adores Dad and he revers Dad, and Dad was a major influence in his life. His dad was murdered when he was when he was very young, and so Dad became his father figure like he did for so many men. We see this everywhere with the players that played for him and stuff. And so I think I started realizing that, you know, when Dad passed, like well, I made the joke, we just lost a lot of content, you know, and thinking that Dad had been retired from coaching for since he was in his late fifties, right fifties, really early fifty and so I thought how many men were not able to benefit from him and his teachings and his influence and women too, you know. Cherry said, look, tell the women I read it. And she said, I assess things in my life. It's not just for men, and so somethings. She said, your dad coached me up a little bit on some things, and so there's a lot of practical application to your life. And Dad, I think Micky said it best, and I have Micky's quote in there is he said, but your dad didn't try to be an influencer. He just was for him. It was like breathing. He didn't step in to day saying what can I say today? Yeah, it's just when he I think the thing that hit me that is kind of emotional. And Cherry called him our protector is Micky said, the day that you text me and said all right, you know, Dad just just went on in, he said. I instantly felt less safe. She said. It's like the world wasn't right when men like that are not walking around. You just felt better knowing that men like him were walking around. And and I know that there is a you know, we love to overuse the term, you know, the true original. They broke the mode. Greg can speak to this, My sister can speak to this, my mother can speak to this, and everybody who was ever around him, all of you guys can speak to this. When you say that he was an original, Yeah, there's no exaggeration whatsoever. Did you he ever met anybody like him?
Speaker 12: Ever?
Speaker 2: Have you ever met anybody you go? Well, that kind of reminds me of Bill Burgess. I mean, he's unique, like I said, not a perfect man, but boy, what an important man than what a good man. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, simply outworking the competition, The Rick w Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us. Text Nation. Some questions about the book releasing today? If I order it, can I get it by Father's Day? Absolutely easy. I mean they're they're they're shipping right now. So I mean this is the launch day. So if you want it signed for Father's Day, you do need to only use the links that are on our websites, either Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com. That's the only place that you can get a signed copy now if you just want to copy. You know wherever books are sold, whether it be hardcover, audio or ebooks, it's out there. And I told you earlier the e books take you know, the e books and the audiobooks. They may not every single platform be available today, but some are and the others will join in as we go forward. So so so there, yea so great, We were talking to you. What is common would be about a book about him?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Greg? Greg just hit me. That's the reason why I couldn't.
Speaker 12: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't write this book to writing what here you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Write a book about me?
Speaker 6: For what?
Speaker 17: For what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not while I'm alive. The only way we could release it is wait for him to pass. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad he's not alive to see this book that celebrates his legacy, apports people to Christ.
Speaker 2: Would have driven him, Yes, honey, the Hall of Fames when he would get we would dread it. Every time he'd be put in the Hall of Fame, we dreaded because we get that what you can't give an individual award in this game. Too many people responsible, which he's right, and we said that, but you're representing them.
Speaker 9: Also.
Speaker 2: Also yeah, also from text nation is the story of you paddling your father in the book Yesterday. Yeah, I saw that. I was right up and I love I love that story. And you'll get the background on it that you can't really tell in a short setting. You get the whole background how that started the situation we were in.
Speaker 7: Uh And we do have a question too that was texted in where they were it was raining, but they were actually out exercising and jogging. They said, you can still jog in the rain, right, Oh, Yeah, he's just talking about running in the rain to get out of the rain.
Speaker 2: And if you're jogging, buddy, it's fine. He just wanted to make sure he wasn't breaking a rule also from text Nation that actually earns you more point. That would be proud of it. Yeah, he likes you being athletic in the rain. He sure wouldn't cancel the practice.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: When will the audio version be released? It actually already is. It's according to what platform you're on. Like I know, some people say Spotify's already got it, chirp, whatever that is already hasn't. If you're audible, it probably isn't there yet, but it will be probably in the next couple of weeks. Uh. So there are some platforms the audio version is already there. It's all coming out, And there's so many platforms now it's so hard to get them all on the same day. But most everything is happening today and if not over the next few days. And you know, Greg, you were talking about this thing with Dad, the uniqueness about him, and and I try to see that. You know, the book has some of this in it as well. And everybody who ever met him is a lot of times when people are as intimidating and Speedy was talking about the first time he ever interviewed Dad. But his kindness, you know, the thing you always heard. He was hard, but he was fair, but he was also kind, extremely kind. Yes, and there's moments when if you were feeling the wrath, you would you would forget that, right, yes, you would. Then he would make sure later that you remembered it. He would come up and patch on them. And I don't want us to take the squalling. But he had a way with special needs children. Yes, they were, they were. He was like a magnet. They were drawn to him and his relationship with them when we were in school and you know, even out into if you saw a lot of these serious issues. Yeah, and he they loved him and he loved them and he I mean they I don't know what it was. He just had a magnetism, uh with with the least of these, you know. And I see that in some of his grandsons. They you know, skipped Gregg and me, but uh but the uh but you know, I mean I guess we weren't paying attention went over us. Yeah and Greg, And so you interviewed him when he was a coaching. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 7: I was with the college radio station at jack State and ninety two j w l j S, and that's kind of where I got my start. And uh ended up meeting you and you know, down the road and everything. But at the beginning it was I was at the Square in Jacksonville, Alabama, and you know, at the at the time, we'd get the marty out and we'd we'd shoot and and do a remote on location around campus or town. And so I was live there and somebody said, hey, you got to interview coach Burgess.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what you know, because you heard about the agent. I mean, he was still walking around and he was a legend. And I said, do what.
Speaker 7: And I remember when he started walking up and I'm standing there. I am so nervous, i am shaken. I'm nervous because I wanted to do a good job. Uh and and here he comes and in his coach's hat and and man, he is just this this man walking up. But the second he walked up, he made me feel so at ease. He's like, hey boy, how you doing, you know? And I'm like, is this the guy everybody's talking about? Well, back to your he's kind thing, he had that about him. But yet you started talking to him, you realize how percival he was and made you feel at ease, you know. And so the interview I'm sure was awful, but he made it.
Speaker 6: He made it.
Speaker 2: He made it seem like it would. Wouldn't you love to have a copy of it? Yes, I would, because you were in a batch when you were nervous Calvin, because he did not enjoyed the meeting part. No, he did not like I sure every he hated walking up to me, but he made me feel so so so it is out. Today's the day for the release Men Don't Run in the Rain, the stories of an iconic man and father. And you can get that wherever you know. Books are available if you want to sign copy, use our links there on all of our websites, including Rick burgesshow dot com. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. This is what Trump had in mind when he sought to make America the great again. The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America. Thank you for being with us today. All right, so field of greens, loving it, loving it, loving it. I take two scoops today. One might do it, But I figure burd says, how about two two's the backs? But to take it every day, love it. This is really simple, This is really really simple. Fieldogreens dot Com has been, you know, researched extensively by doctors. And because what do we always hear you need five servings and fruits and vegetables. And when I hear that, I'm already out because I don't know how I'm ever going to do that in a day. And then I don't even listen to the next part, which is important. It can't just be any fruits and vegetables. There are some that have, you know, good results for the major organs of our body, and there's some that are not so good for us because of how sugar content and all that. Well, all that gas work has been taken out. So when was the last time that you went to a checkup and your lab work looked really, really good? Okay, we are getting testimonies. I'm one as well. After I started using Field of Greens, my blood work is better than it has ever been since I've been going to get checkups. Now, I don't know what it was when you know, I don't I didn't go get them when I was younger, so I don't have anything compare them to. But I'm talking about I have my blood work before Field of Greens and I have my blood work after, and after is so much better. My doctor's thrilled with what he's seeing, and yours will be too. And if your doctor doesn't notice the difference, they refund your money. Yeah, we have women. Here's one, a mom who's speaking of Mother's Day that just passed. She said, I took Field of Greens and I'm noticing my hair and nails and energy and blood work all are better. Even hair and nails and energy. It does give you a good clean energy. I love that. And your vital organs like your hearts, your liver, your kidneys, your immune system, healthy blood cells are going to love this because this is what the body was designed to run. On Fieldogreens dot com, save twenty percent using big VOTs or go to Rickburgess show dot com under the sponsors. Okay, so I mentioned I mentioned Trump. Now you know, anytime Trump gets up to the microphone, I'm always like, I can't wait to get to the show and see what Trump has said lately. Okay, well, right right here, he is going to make a comment about ozimpic. Okay, And now anytime I see on the list of videos Trump comments on ozimpic, I have to hear it. So so here he is and he's talking about a friend of his that's taking osempic. Okay. I don't know how this, how this topic came up. Was this was this making America healthy again? About the whole drug Okay, yeah, the farmer thing.
Speaker 6: Trump is trying to get equal pricing across different markets for to protect Americans and that are paying so much more for medicine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. I didn't realize he is seated and in a pretty controlled situation and still says this. I thought this was something maybe you know walking by this was a big press Okay, here he is.
Speaker 17: I mean, I'll tell you a story. Friend of mine who's a business man, very very very top guy. Most of you would have heard of him, highly neurotic, brilliant businessman, seriously overweight, and he takes the fat the fat shot drug and he called me up and he said, uh, President, he calls me. He used to call me Donald, Now he calls me president.
Speaker 2: So that's nice. Respect.
Speaker 17: But it's a rough guy, smart guy, very successful, very rich. I wouldn't even know how we would know this, But because he's got comments, President, could I ask you a question. What I'm in London and I just paid for this damn fat drug I take. I said, it's not working, he said, He said, I just paid eighty eight dollars.
Speaker 2: And in New York I paid thirteen hundred dollars. What that is going on? I mean, it's not working. It's not work. Throw in it's not working. Super fat, very rich, fat fat rich rich rich fat uh richie rich fat. So he goes on one a Edler. He goes on about talking about europe so called free healthcare scam, which we've all we've been telling you that on the many years of the Rick and Bubba Show. There's no such thing as free healthcare. Now this one part I didn't realize that we're participating and helping Europe claim to have free healthcare. That part I did not know. So here is President Trump speaking to this as well.
Speaker 17: This means American patients, we're effectively subsidizing socialist healthcare systems in Germany, in all parts of the European Union, they were the.
Speaker 2: Toughest of all.
Speaker 17: They were nasty.
Speaker 2: And I see that.
Speaker 17: I see that with trade to European Union is in many ways nastier than China.
Speaker 2: Okay, and we've just started with them. Oh they'll come down a lot. You watch. We have all the cards.
Speaker 17: They treated us very unfairly. They sell us thirteen million cards, We sell them none. They sell us their agricultural products, we sell them virtually none. They don't take our products. That gives us all the cards, and very unfair. So they're gonna have to pay more for health care and we're gonna have to pay less.
Speaker 2: That's all it is there, you go. So, yeah, the fact that we were, you know, helping to create the illusion that somehow the European Union was providing free health care, Trump says, not anymore. There's new Sheriffington. Uh, we're gonna solve We're gonna solve this and get us more fair deals on everything.
Speaker 6: And what he was referencing to his fat friend that's taking the fat shot, just work. The price of the fat shot in America is what did he say versus what did he say, like eighty eighty bucks? Yeah, that's so, why is that?
Speaker 16: Why is that?
Speaker 6: And and people are gonna people are saying this, this is going to be challenged. Uh, this is a sweeping, you know, executive order from Trump on the cost of pharmaceuticals. But at least it's getting the conversation started and shedding some light on the radically inflated prices that Americans are paying on some of these drugs compared to other countries like the in the EU.
Speaker 2: The fat shots not working? How was that trying to veer into it just a little bit, one more thing that we'll hit and then we'll move on. But this is this is back over to the Treasure secretary and three B there and this is this is solid. Yeah, what we can do three A first, since since I guess that's I guess that's kind of what we've secured the UK trade deal and the China trade deal and the release of a hostage and that seafire ware. Haven't we already covered that part? Didn didn we talk about all that?
Speaker 7: She's just trying to recap, like just in one week, this is what the president has done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we cover that's goree B.
Speaker 7: Now great is going to talk because you kind of he's made out of wax whatever you said, right, But this was this is interesting on how China looked at the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you wonder we always wondered does it matter to other countries who we elect president? Did they move differently based on who it is? And the answers yes, and should be pretty common sense. But Treasurer Secretary Scott Bessan bescent whatever he is gonna, he said, it's been revealed how the Chinese saw Biden and why they're doing deals now with Trump that they didn't do with Biden. So here he is.
Speaker 18: What has to happen is it has to be fair for the American people. But in January twenty twenty, President Trump produced a template.
Speaker 6: We had an excellent.
Speaker 18: Trade agreement with China, and the Biden administration chose not to enforce it. The Chinese delegation basically told us so once President Biden came into office, they just ignored their obligation. So we all already have a large framework. The other thing to remember here, Jonathan, is that this is a pause down to ten percent. The April second level for China is thirty four percent, so we will be working to see where their final reciprocal number ends up. And the negotiations are a combination of tariffs, non tariff, trade barriers, currency manipulation, and subsidies of labor and capital.
Speaker 2: I will tell you those of you out for him melatonin, if you listen to the advice from everybody about look roller coaster, the only way you get hurt is to get off. If this stuff all solidifies, those that have just hung in there, you're gonna see a whole shift in the stock market. I mean, this is going to be I predict it will go very well. If all this gets solidified, you're gonna you're gonna see a big, big change and toward the positive. Yeah. Uh so, just just don't hear that reported a lot. No, that's fine, but that's all games. I mean.
Speaker 7: But but didn't you find that interesting that that he that he said through the negotiations, we found out that China basically just put everything on hold.
Speaker 2: But does that administration? And we all saw Biden, we watched him operate, and we all said, this makes us very weak with the rest of the world. We don't have any respect right now. Everybody knows we've got, you know, some sort of puppet in charge that doesn't know what's going on, and the rest of the world is going to take advantage of that. Are just sit tight and and I don't think that surprises any of us, but at least it's been said. Now we'll come back. We have much more to cover on the program today and we'll keep you inform and get some phone calls from you. Don't forget about tomorrow Live on Location. Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Revolt, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, Jamie Johnson, all scheduled to be on tomorrow's show, Live from Graystone. We'll be right back, and this is the.
Speaker 1: Rick Burgess Show, the man who taught the world to say, couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: Rick Burchase, Thank you America for spending time together today. So we got we've announced us so much. We told you it's gonna be a busy week, all right. So we've already announced yesterday a couple of things today, the release of Men Don't Run in the Rain. It's available. We've talked about that. That's out today tomorrow on Location. Gave you the list of everybody who's scheduled to appear tomorrow. Some of you asking will tomorrow's program be live on YouTube and the answer is no. But the good news is Adam will be grabbing a lot of footage out there. He'll put together some stuff for you that will be on the YouTube channel later. But you can still catch the show. If YouTube is your only option, well it really isn't, but it's actually your normal option. Meaning you don't have a radio affiliate that you could simply go to tomorrow, you can still stream the show audio only live. We have that available every day. Just go to Rick burgesshow dot com and click listen live and you'll go right to the tune in app. There's also other options if you're familiar with affiliates. If you'll you know, if you've got the what's the scary thing that you talked to and it says things back to you Alexa, you can tell Alexa to give you the show. All of that. So, yes, you can still stream the show and catch it live tomorrow. Then you can see the videos that Adam will be capturing. We'll also all be doing stuff on social media tomorrow on location as well. Greg, I know when I bring up speaking of coaches and all this, because a lot of those will be interviewing tomorrow, and we talked about the book today. I've picked up over the years. You're you're not a huge fan of Urban Meyer, are you? No, right, You're not. You're not a big urban I don't think he's honest. I think he will get on the rent. Like I said, I think the whole Ohio State thing, you know, it's always goes to his health when he wants to leave. It was all that pressure he was getting about that assistant coach and the wife abuse, and they supposedly covered up. That's all that was about. Okay, So what I've done now is I have Philly, Florida. Yes, signed dad. He covered up a lot of stuff there. I filled up the feeder. I've set up in the kind of the blind where they can see me. I'm watching over the food plot. And so I've set all that up and now here it comes Urban Meyer. One of the most successful college football coaches in recent memory. I'm just doing it. Greg And has led the Ohio Ohio State Buckeyes and the Florida Gators to now national championships before he stepped away from the game. Green Yeah, health reas uh, he revealed during a sermon he's given certain look, I don't I ain't going there. I know what you're trying to get me to.
Speaker 1: The release the Cracking, revealed.
Speaker 2: During a sermon Pastor Irban keep keeping eye on Greg's face when I tell you what, I'm just going to look at him. What he said in the sermon, Now, don't miss because I know you. Greg. There's been a huge revival at Ohio State. We've all seen the video stuff from the players, and there's been a lot of talk about how there's been a movement there of the Holy Spirit. I didn't know that. Yes, you didn't see all those footage. A lot of some pretty incredible things. Now here's what they were pretty good last year. But here's where you go. Here's where you taught me about urban Though the fact that that's been talked about a lot, he of course has to pretend that he I'm just being you right now, pick gonna bark with allow the cracking. We're not his judge. No, I just want to get your opinion. You know what I say. Interesting, Well, I'm not done. There's more. Greg taking a deep breath during his speech, he said that he wanted to bring church to players who did not have time for it during the week. The former coach said the university attorney told him that he was not allowed to have a Bible study, nor was he allowed to have a church service, and he recalled that he vowed he would do it anyway. Keep Greg fight, I'm just staring. I'm staring at him. He said that I drew a hard line, and I was going to do it or walk away. Now if you vire, you wise, wig up. I'm gonna keep that on the download and there, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean release the cracking.
Speaker 2: Look I'm not I don't know his hard you know, but I'm just saying, does that surprise you though? I'm just like, well, that's that's interesting. And then I'm uh, you know, he said, drew line. He drew line, right, they crossed it. That was it, so said he was gonna be out quit. I just I just I'm just thinking, Greg, I'm just looking at you. Look what was that before I have that girl? Was Booty dancing on him?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: When he's on the stool, sitting on the stool. Yeah, no, I look, I'm not going there, they said, strangely. After going there, they said, strangely attending the service and an a loud amen was amen was heard from Bill Belichick. We didn't actually it was a ball. We didn't get to that yesterday. Did you see his girlfriend finished third Miss Maine. No, I didn't. I did not see that. And I did hear a day after that a pageant or something. Was that her senior year or no, Greg, he's excited she just got Miss teen North Carolina. The Uh no what I'm saying, But did you know that? By the way, we never did come back.
Speaker 8: And this is us.
Speaker 2: Of course we're not we're not journalists. We're a bunch of goof obs. But University of North Carolina, after they started reporting that his girlfriend had been banned from all facilities, they came out and said that is not true. We called that bell check put over. The funny thing is I had to officially release the statement. Yeah. Now, I was just I was gonna say, Greg to you, because you've taught me the ways of urban Meyer, Okay, because you're not a fan here, you are trying to get into trouble. I'm just saying what actions I've seen, the way he acted you. We left Florida, we left the house state. I don't believe him I'm just I'm just saying that you've taught me the ways of urban Meyer that if he's been invited to speak of to church, that he's coming in there realizing I won the national championship, so I still got that. But they had the big revival and here a church, So I got a kind of claim I took a stand too. Well, I mean that's the way you taught me. Now, I don't know if that's true or not. Right, right, these issues is tough. You can't it's a tough one. Okay, Well, you know what, that's the problem you You asked me about whether I think he was faking his health problem. Yeah, I think he was, and all this other that way, And you would say there's some behavior lately, not long time ago, I'm talking about in recent history that surprises you a little bit with this story, right, yeah, okay, So, but I mean that's so, I just, I just I love anytime Irvan Myers in the news because I want to get you get your taken out or what's he doing now, I don't know. He's an analyst on Fox, that's right. He's part of their game days, that's right. Also, I think he's pretty.
Speaker 6: Goodcast to hang out at the bar line I think too.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it was clearly non denominational. It said that in the article non denomination. But he said he was out though. Oh he said that. He said, if I didn't let him a Bible study, he was He drew line right there. Greg attorneys told him he couldn't do it. Okay, he's trying. When you get off with somebody claiming the religion thing, I'm not. It's not our place. I can't it's not our place. I'm just saying that you you I watched your face. That was a little surprising. Yeah, it was. I he made that stand. Do you think Tim t Bow believes in well, coach. I think that you did a great job when you were coaching me and the restigators they say, it's your heart, y'all, y'all are taking what I don't know. He didn't want to go. Don't let him one more Timmember about this. S rban Myer said he would walk away from Hollow State, Ohio State if they didn't let him do Bible studies. We'd go to Tim Tebow for a quote. Yeah, almost did. It's all like this one top of the average.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Rick Birch Show, broadcasting from the real world, Wick, Speedy, Greg, Addlering, Rick Burgess book up. There a guts time for the show.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Then, Welcome to the Rig Burgess Show, broadcasting from the reel wherever ready Addler and Rick burgers. But there are gus time for the show. You have the Gang's all here, Speedy, Greg Andler and the box seats are filling it. There they are, And we got a Burgess ball battle coming your way to the Rick Burgess Show. Ye, and we'll see you. Somebody get a spin on the wheel. The last three out of four they went to the wheel of bundles, bits and bucks walked away with big cash.
Speaker 6: It's hot.
Speaker 2: It's hot today, we'll see. Also, we added to the wheel today a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Ring. So that that's today. And with us doing the launch of the book today, should we not do this story work? Should we not ask Greg about this today? I mean, we're talking about technology, we're talking about our dad, and I don't know who's talking about If I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know, you know, for the wives he was he had a soft spot for that. So maybe for Lisa he might maybe get a pass. But go ahead, Greg, No, I was telling y'all that.
Speaker 2: We were talking about deer cameras and all that, and uh, I said, Lisa, I just mentioned she nuts over birds. So your comedy is my wife's nuts over birds. Put bird feeds everywhere. Yeah, and I mean we red birds just we have just this unreal how many red birds? And she's all fired up about that? Are you shorting over it? But a lot of people put like Sherry has out a few. You talking about an overwhelming amount of theirs? One two, three, about five?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: Are they in a row or some summer in these little bowls and summer and hanging. But anyway, my thing was this new one that for Mother's Day kids got her and the bird lands on it. It takes a picture of it. I've sent it to your phone and even identifies what kind of bird, just like a deer camera. She's getting bird pictures a bird cam. Are you on it in full color? And on them? Are you on it? Am I own? What do you get the pictures of the birds? No, I haven't. She hadn't even got it all hooked up yet. Are you going to be on it? No, I see you bird watching. I will not have the bird on my phone though you've got on your phone. I've seen there's an app that she's already Yeah, that's true, Rick, I have that emoji. But there's a there's already an app she has. I ain't buying it just works. But do you go out and when the birds are tweeting, it'll tell you what type of bird it is doing that tweet. So you don't think it really does that? No, I ain't buying that. Do you think it just makes here's when bird camera now?
Speaker 7: So I have seen a commercial for these, and so you get the app like a simply safe app, and you get a notification like if somebody's at gail, just like you get a notification if somebody laying if one I'm later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll tell you if you have it, you'll tell you what kind of bird is. That's exactly what it is. But for birds, yeah, listen, little little light neighborhood birds. I don't know our area where why, but the red birds it's unreal. Mean, they'll be nearly twenty out there at the time you sit there and watching with Are you watch? Are you a bird watcher? If I'm center drinking my coffee, I'll look over outside the window. Are watching? Are you enjoying it? Or at least I don't like it? But the squirrels are fun to watch, So you go squirrels they'll hang upside down. You know what I say about the squirrels.
Speaker 6: They're nuts.
Speaker 2: They're nuts. They'll go in there and just start ranking it out. But then then see, you got clean up though, because after a while at bird seed starts stacking up that they drop. So I gotta get up there and shove it. What about what about you're shoveling up? Are you? Are you? Are you? I mean how much bird seed do you do with?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Rick, I deal with at least eighty pounds a week. At least you're stopping Lee, you're stopping at Walmart because I know that's where you stop. Yeah, and it is quickly and quick out. Huh, Greg, I got you a hook up wild birds unlimited. Yeah. Feed the birds are hungry. Listen. I mean here, it gets into a routine and you can't shake it. Great. They would love to get you talking out, getting there with you and you talk about Hey, This is greg Bird just for wild birds. My wife Leele and I we've got a camera. We my favorite of the pretty little blue birds. We have red birds everywhere. Sometimes I sees me it's twenty Yeah, you know females, they're not a bride sitting sipping on coffee and watching birds with Did we know about birds? What you're saying is on the tweety thing you're saying That app could say anything. How could you refute it? Yeah? You know if you got a walking bird outside you, we can't find it. No, trust me. I heard of Balky Bird's week. Yeah. But the camera thing we ain't got to hooked up yet. But no, it will not be coming in my phoney, michell show me. All you got to do is download the app, get to get the signing. I want to bunch of all day long. I want something to be saying there's a bird. Yeah, yes, you and Lee Lee can watch birds to I wonder what it does when that squirrels hanging up on it.
Speaker 7: Well you could turn the notifications off, but just for us, I would love to see them.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not doing Chrry loves Birds. We haven't gone this far. Look that we haven't gone. I don't do eighty pounds of seed and it was some squirrels of the problem. I'm not into all this. That's that sounds like a lot to me. You got an incredible amounts a lot of birds? Yeah, well, I mean forty pounds bags yesterday. Where's where's lee lee on? When there's there's sperreal cats out there taking out birds? Well, we ain't got no casts, none around. I ain't seen it, just just straight up hold millions keeping them all. Oh yeah, they'll bust through them.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Does mister buddy jump up at the bird? No, but if there are a lot of them on the ground, all of a sudden, here he'll come hill running there and bust them up. Great. Do you have a favorite bird? Is the red bird? Yeah? You like a cardinal mail cardinal. Then there's one that I called the ball headed brown dog, and they don't like it. It's got this brown head. I think that's something something else.
Speaker 6: I think that's something else.
Speaker 2: Are you referring to other things for your like when I called it thing? So you say bird? Yeah, yeah, there's some little blue ones look like a finch or something. I'm getting Gerald Kate's I want to hear Gerald Kate about you.
Speaker 6: Being a bird and a bird watch, Greg, you're watching?
Speaker 2: Don't start now a yellow hammer? Greg?
Speaker 6: What about the yellow Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you don't like it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know what it is? I know the one and I think I saw Leley post a picture. I think Greg, what you may have there? And it's a very hard bird to see? Is the endigo bunting? I think she did one time. That's that's that's that. Now you say an indigo bunting, that's a biggie. That's a biggie.
Speaker 7: And I know you knew that already, but so it so it does like somebody's texting us now. Yeah, Like there's the bird, and then there's the description below you you've seen.
Speaker 2: One of the Wow, so there's the what about it? What about this one? You don't have the rose arrested?
Speaker 8: What is that?
Speaker 2: You have a favorite bird?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: The redbirds are pretty neat because there's so many of them.
Speaker 6: Isn't that a cardinal?
Speaker 2: I guess he just calls it a red bird.
Speaker 6: It's not just the color.
Speaker 2: Well, it's goning red birds. How much participation are you? We have to know in this bird watching? I had to fill them up. But I mean, do you do you men listen together? Do y'all sit there and discuss the birds?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now man, do y'all get out the book. No, you don't have a bird book. No, you need this one. This camera is going to cure them. If you're going no, no, because you want to know what you're looking at. You're talking about the one that claims it can tell what the tweet is. You ain't buying that. You don't have a brother. But this, this, this one, the video one will tell you what kind of they are. Oh, it doesn't need a video. Yeah, I didn't know that. I'd like that. Are you buying that?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: They can see them. I don't know. Probably not.
Speaker 6: I think you saw a blue bird bird instead of it.
Speaker 2: When you got bluebirds too, But you saw no, I have seen one of those. I love a blue bird because you're a bird watchers. While you've seen them, I'm gonna tell you what I like. And we ain't got none of them faders them humming birds. Yeah, now we have one of those. Why are you not? Why you don't have anything? Why you don't have anything? For nexty? Hate? Erry got one? From my goodness? Are crazy? But this isn't reason this is around. They'll fight.
Speaker 7: I mean, oh yeah, but man, it's amazing and you don't even know. You see something out of your periff and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, power, the should show me one more time. They really are like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, put the put the humming bird feeder in a easy to access spot. I put mine up on a hook. Yeah, I'm having to get up on I'm standing like on the railing of a manster to get that, you know, the sticky, sticky sugary stuff out of there. Easy spot to get to.
Speaker 2: You took if you hung it at it in it.
Speaker 7: But it can't be too I have to stand up on a realm Okay, Greg, I know one thing that you don't do is is pay attention to detail in some situation. So when you're pouring out the birds are you are you pretty messy?
Speaker 2: No? I'm pretty everywhere?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What what kind of firepower are they are? The birds putting out? You see a lot of not really not too bad. They'll make a man we're out in the grass, okay, Because they're called bird buddy. By the way, I have no idea bird buddy.
Speaker 6: Bird buddy, you're my bird buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like bird I'm a birdwatcher. Baby brother is a bird buddy. He's a buddy all the birds. He's trying to ignore us. Now you don't you don't want to get rid of squirrels.
Speaker 9: You like the squirrel bro?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like watching them. They're agile. Well you can have my squirrel buddy, now, not a rabbit run up there and they of it?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. Get on the show? No by calling one eight eight eight six Big Box.
Speaker 2: Here we go unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 5: America likes to speak to loights and likes to speak to Our number is eight eight eight the number six Big Box, and we'll take them one by one.
Speaker 2: As they come in, you'll hear ringing only because we don't want to scream them anymore. We're just screaming them on the fly, adding to the excitement and the unpredictability of the show. So fire up your time right now, and as you are moving a couple of things, I'll update you on. I'm excited that this Saturday having the opportunity to go to Prattville, Alabama ninety two w LW I is the Rick Burgess Show. Affiliate there, and I'll be speaking at Prattville First Methodist Church, going to hang out with the Methodist coming up on Saturday, so it's a men's event. I think I'll speak somewhere around eleven eleven thirty somewhere in there. So looking forward to being with all of you. If you want to find the tales, go to Themanchurch dot com. Just look under events and you'll see all the information there for Saturday, and you can also pick up a copy and even get a sign copy for Father's Day at the manchurch dot com. The new book released today, Men Don't Run in the Rain, and we've talked about that quite a bit as well. If you missed that, Hello, welcome to the Rick Birgers Show. Unscreenphone calls go ahead.
Speaker 13: Hey Rick, Hey guys doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Were good, buddy, hope you're all right?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 13: It sounds like you might know something about the stocks, as you mentioned, you know, if you've been hanging in there, you know might come out good. So I've never bought stocks, do you would you recommend buying some stocks? And if so, what which ones?
Speaker 2: Do not listen to me? I know nothing. If you were to ask a question of me that that I don't can't think of another one that I would be dumber.
Speaker 13: Uh, you just predicting that it's got.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about No, And I just said that called somebody else, did I don't know the reports? Yeah, speak seeing listening to people who know, uh, and it plus it just makes sense. I mean, if the market is people get nervous, so they don't like the state of the world, it's bad. If they start being feeling good about the state of the world and and the and where America sits. If a trade deal is bad and prices go up, people panic. If the trade deal gets good, uh, and it actually levels the playing field, then the stock market seems like it would get happy. But no, do not take stock advice from me if you want to see something go south. The only brilliant move I ever made was I try to get a bunch to buy stock in Krispy Kreme one time, and they said, Rick, what's your expertise on this? You know what I said? People will eat donuts no matter what's going on with the inside of me. People leat donuts no matter. We could be in World War three and people eat donuts. So but so I don't know enough about it, so I appreciate you thinking I might, though at just about to jump in, he's got you're gonna do a hopeful thing. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna talk about a bitcoin, which it's three times higher than any time I've told people to buy it.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 6: Uh, just to to Rick's point, if you look at this is the s MP over the last year. Right here is when Trump announced all these tariffs and everybody panicked and the market went in a deep dime. This was the Liberation Day when Trump announced all those tariffs. If you just hung out or heck even bought some more down here, even down here, it is recovering and going nuts, especially with news on these trade deals happening. As far as financial advice, get out of debt, that's the number one thing. Being in debt and having okay pay off that interest will be the best thing you can do for you. And then yes, I'm gonna recommend if you're really looking to set your financial life up, well check out Dave Ramsey, by and by.
Speaker 2: But I will answer the question, and you just answered, Dadlert. You asked when was the time to buy you missed it because now it's up. Yeah, you kind of missed the time to buy.
Speaker 6: And as far as your money just sitting in a bank account or putting it into the market, you're you're gonna be much better off, especially trying to beat inflation, which has been the bear as far as for American people over the last four years thanks to Biden. You don't want it just to sit as basically, So, yeah, anyway, you getting comfortable's not talking, Rick's not listening, So I'm gonna stop talking right now.
Speaker 2: Everything you just said, you've already told me. That was the benefit texting about that was for the benefit of the audience. Yes, we continue. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Hey, you pose Taylor Swift with her life sized cardboard cutout.
Speaker 12: From twenty fifteen. She can't get behind it because she bowed up like a tit.
Speaker 2: That's a I stuff. These pictures of Taylor Swifts not being large, they couldn't get behind Yeah, that's those are not like. Those are not real, Pio, No, that's not real, y'all. My goodness, Rick Birders Show, unscreenphone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Good morning, go Rick, Can they call you out. You scoffed at Grig last week because he was still playing a gym membership.
Speaker 19: After three years, you've been paying like ten thousand dollars first Stworage unit.
Speaker 2: It's not ten thousands out right, but there's something.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 2: It's not cluttering up my house? Yeah, Grig, we did. We did the math. Y'all should have got rid of it while you were up there that day. You did cancel it, right, y'all got everything out? No, it's not out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whoa whaaaa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: No, you mean when I went with you and we pulled it up and it was just that little thing of furniture. What am I gonna thought?
Speaker 6: You were like, all right, that's it is going out?
Speaker 2: Where am I gonna put it? You're still paying for that? Well, I mean, you know needs more to keep it. Where are I gonna put it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Don't get rid of it? Sherry wants it? And I said for what you claim she did, I don't know. I feel you pay.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, I thought you would. You would declared because you were holding court with me coming out of there. You had declared that this is getting out of here. I know, And you were getting rid of it, I know, but you're still.
Speaker 2: Paying for that. Yeah, I'm addicted, destroyed you. I'm going to go back when I took that picture. If you ever had a drug addict say they're done, they rarely are. Oh my goodness. I don't want to bring it up on the thing. But the guy with a good one, he's talking about Adler, he said, And this is from the guy who almost got scammed last year. Almost the key word there.
Speaker 6: Hey, I didn't say listen to me, I said, listen to Dave Ramsey.
Speaker 2: It was that indicator, yeap sy indicator. Okay, I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 7: We went July July fifteenth, twenty twenty four, and you gave me a speech how you were can't.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem that was. That was almost we're coming up like twice the size of it, and I keep telling being a year. Yeah, I keep telling Sherry. People want to buy the stuff. Good gosh, who cares? But the but the problem is it's too big for the pickup truck.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So if I go up there, I'm gonna have to get a rental truck. All the more reason to give it away up there. I would rather pay the money than have to do that. Yeah, is it?
Speaker 6: And at least I have my life.
Speaker 2: Is it antique furniture that needs to stay in the family or you just buy it?
Speaker 7: No, it's just it's nice stuff again and I remember seeing it. But is there is there that sentimental value of keeping it in the family?
Speaker 2: Is that the problem? I don't have that. That's not part of me. One of the boys don't need it. You know, sentimental is not really my thing. One of the boys don't need it. I'm kind of so you own well, you think we send that off to New York, Philadelphia over the Big Big Loves Apartment Atlanta and cameraon. They ain't got no room for it of the storage unit I donated, donated you might need it upstairs? Put it? Yeah, I need it. I need a long with the other stuff. You know what around tell you what you can do. I'm gonna give it to you and you can put bird pictures on that great believe that. Listen one part I left at you're talking about the app that identifies them by the sound. Lisa also talks to them because she read somewhere they can recognize your voice. What does she call it. I don't talk to him, her babies do. Oh yeah. And she claimed that you read that they recognized your voice.
Speaker 6: I've never heard that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what. I haven't heard that either. All right, So I can't believe you have the storage unit. Still cannot believe what are you saying? You know me that know the way we left it. I mean, I think you haven't got on the phone with Sherry and was like, yeah, you ever you ever been in my life. But when you do this, take my life and find the time for me to rent a rental truck, drag some trailer, drive it to cater and pick up some old furniture and bring it back.
Speaker 6: That really bothered to your story.
Speaker 2: It's good you go find that time for me. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. He doesn't have OCD. He just likes things to be a certain way. Quick purchase.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us America. Thank you to be here being here at Vox Seats. They're all ready to go. Burgess Ball Battle coming up next hour. Somebody will walk away with some cash.
Speaker 9: I got some cash.
Speaker 2: A lot going on today tomorrow Live from beautiful Graystone, the region's tradition. The Drumming Company celebrity program scheduled to be with us tomorrow. Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tubrabull, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, Jamie Johnson all scheduled to be on at some point in some way tomorrow. It will be chaos. Don't miss it. From the text Nation, I get up, uh and I joined the show on YouTube around seven am local time where this person lives. Is there a way to catch the whole show without missing the first two hours? Yeah? Get up? The show starts five. I mean, well, get up. Yeah, you could get up earlier because it's it'll be there, or or even better, you can take the daily archive and you get the whole show. And I think you may also be asking, can you like when you start just decide to go back and start catching it then from the beginning, and people in the audience are saying you can't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So if you go out you joined it a couple of hours in, you can rewind it back and go to the beginning.
Speaker 2: Of the show. Yeah, then you just run yeah, yes, yeah, yes, yes, they they just did that in the break in here just rewind it back.
Speaker 6: You just go to the beginning the show.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it.
Speaker 6: There you go, and then catch up as you go.
Speaker 2: Problem solved. Yeah, so maybe they didn't know that they didn't call in and participate, because we've had people, Oh yeah, they forget the exactly I will tell you, even though this won't be as bad because you at least a texture used to be on the same day. But you you podcast arc have people, You're an interesting bunch. They will not come into the to the current. They say. They stay in the past. They live in the past. They're never here. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: I've met a lot of us.
Speaker 7: But now like the truckers we talked to in the gold the vox seats what last week? They said, they do that on purpose so when they go on these long hauls they can just listen to the multiple sh that's different.
Speaker 2: That's yeah. But I know people that because of their life they've gotten months behind and they refused to. Now we become those people that have already seen the end of the movie. You know, I wonder what's going to happen with that furniture indicator. What I got to tell you is still there. Shocking, shocking that we're going to.
Speaker 7: When bothered by this, That it would cost you less to hire somebody, give them a key to the unit, tell them where it is, hire somebody to go move it, bring it back down, and cancel the the whole deal.
Speaker 2: It would be less expensive for a month's worth of payment on that thing. No, I think that, I think that's the new plan. I'm first of all, I'm gonna call him break. He looked at me, like I'm gonna go No. I thought about that, but I thought to myself, I just need to go get it. But then I realized that's never going to happen. So those of you around the country, it's about it's about an hour and some change from where I live, better known as a great commute every day. So but the you know, you just you have a lot going on there and then you have time. This is what it gets down to. You're busy. I love my work I do. I love all of the other projects I'm involved in. I love everything I do. I love what I do. Okay, takes a lot of time and then when I but but also like I said, I believe in play hard, and you know work hard. Didn't play hard. So when I have time off, picture this, I've been working. I need to rest. Oh good, I'm off. I think I'll drive. I think I'll go get a rental truck and drive to Decatur and pick up some old furniture and put it in there. And one day that I could be fishing, I could be doing going to a nice restaurant, I could be doing whatever I want to do. Now, I'm going to take that time, which is worth more than what I'm paying every month, by the way, and I'm gonna that's how I'm gonna spend that day off. Hey, what'd you do and you do on your weekend? I win't got a rental truck and dealt with all that signed all that stuff. Thing broke down about halfway then I started. It was a piece of crap. And then I went and trying to load it up and whatever, and then I came back to work Monday. So that was your weekend pretty much. That took Saturday out. I agree with you, I know I get it, But you also didn't have to have that payment once a month. So yeah, but that's your world. You worry about that morning. But think about that you talk.
Speaker 6: Remember that's got a function that I remembered the rants.
Speaker 2: Investment I was with you. Don't forget you believe I've been doing this. It wasn't a rant. I'm getting this out of here. And I got two storage buildings, I know, Rick. Can you want me to see if I can get some room in that Greg, because let me tell you, I'm gonna tell you exactly how this is gonna go. Oh a lot of bird sail I got by this birthday like crazy. Listen the the This is exactly how it's gonna go. I know this, and this is why I'm fighting it. That's why I continue to fight it. We are simply gonna move it from one location to another location. It's gonna sit there for another ten years. Yeah, that's what it's gonna be. My wife, It's gonna be in my way at the farm. You paid for it not to be in yours. I am paying money not to have any more clutter. I'm going that thought. If you're not getting rid of it, right, I just soon. But I agree with that. I just if I get rid of it. I'm getting rid of it. Hey, good, it's not in the caator anymore. Where's it now in the barn? Oh great?
Speaker 8: But you know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't in the way now it is. Yeah. Yeah, and we've hadn't had it's been there this loan, so it hadn't been a part of our life. I mean, we're okay, Hey, we're gonna do get We're gonna do a cookout down to the farm. Yeah. What is so much? Oh, there's that that furniture in they way. Well, we need to move it. Where we're gonna move it?
Speaker 3: Use it?
Speaker 6: You can sit it. It's a table with chairs, right, you can use it.
Speaker 2: Ohing good. We got a china cabinet over here. Yeah, in a barn. It's probably got some kind of hain on it. Oh yeah, if it's haunted, get rid of Wait, it wasn't because my grandmother was a godly woman. But now it's been sitting in the cator. I bet it's haunted now.
Speaker 6: And that's not ghosts, that's not that's not big Foot cover.
Speaker 2: That Strange Encounters episode one. I just I just don't know why Damon was like to sit in old china cabinets I don't know Greg warming about this years ago, but better watch old Mirah reflections out.
Speaker 7: I just mail dropped you something because people somebody's like, what I didn't hear that, because it's been a year close of what it looked like.
Speaker 2: Uh, just for b roller reference. But okay, so you're not going to get it. You're not. Maybe hire somebody to get it. You just gotta figure out what you're gonna tell what I'm not doing. I just keep not moving it from location A to location B, and it sits there anymore. If I go get it, it's gonna be sold. Are we gonna use it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: The decision has to be made moving it. Yeah, I'm not just shifting clutter from one place to another. Right it happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the decision has to be made what to do with it? Anti clutter out prior to the effort. Yeah, I can't stand clutter. Yeah, it was up to me.
Speaker 2: We could put it on the wheel and somebody could win it. It is no no, but they have to go.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Here you're missing Where you're missing Where the cog is in the wheel. This furniture would have been long gone. The cog in the wheel is I can't get my wife to let it go. Even though you've never really had she still wants to use it somehow, or somebody in the family use it. And that's what's got it all clogged up. I can push that clog through this this, this firm should be gone by the week. I'm feeling your pain. I'm in an exact world.
Speaker 1: Two stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I got two stories full of furniture.
Speaker 6: Cog and a clog are not the same thing.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Okay, you never heard cogging the wheel.
Speaker 6: A cog is a good thing, it's necessary.
Speaker 2: A cog in the wheels bad.
Speaker 6: A cog in the wheel describes a minor but necessary part of a larger organization or system. A clog is like a clogged dream.
Speaker 2: I was always told not to be a cog in the wheel.
Speaker 6: I was wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were told wrong. Okay, maybe whatever's whatever's used to clog, then it's got my water is implementing it would flow. No, no, you know what. I was upset and tried to do better, and I was actually told I was doing a good job. Trying to brag.
Speaker 15: You are the call.
Speaker 2: They were like, you're the cogging the wheel. I'm like man, I need to try harder.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was gonna encourage I was doing great. Yes I didn't even know what bunny.
Speaker 2: But that's it. That's my problem, is that indecisive to see when indecisive of us what we're gonna do. I don't know. I'm not sure. Let's get rid of it. No, not yet, you know, and then and then before you know what, you got a Beaverdale or you know, so we do have I think last year we did do the math. It has been ten years, right, yeah, but you're also acting like it's just being thrown away. The fact that I'm not dealing with that is worth the money, right, Okay, well it's not in my life. About one a month.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, that's my cell phone bill. That's what I paid for it to be connected.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you use your cell phone, right, I'm using the storage building. I think it was about one hundred and eighty I remember correctly. What is the story? What's the word storage mean, because that's in the name of it. You store stuff in it, right, and I got stuff.
Speaker 6: Stored in it? Are you going to use that stuff?
Speaker 15: Though?
Speaker 2: Apparently at some point I don't know how and when so you want to keep it? Uh no, who does? My wife wants to keep it, and I and I like to have a pleasant home. My wife wants to makes sense?
Speaker 6: All that makes it?
Speaker 2: It makes sense now does yes? I wontfull skip up both of those. I have really turned to greg. What do you because I filled one up and had to have another one.
Speaker 6: My goodness, y'all, y'all call me the hoarder, and it's all just tide, y'all stuff. I keep mine out all full display. All right, y'all call me the.
Speaker 2: Hoarder of the family. Here he runs out of air. You run out of air like I did? So already done this speediest is I'm just looking at it again. I think you've paid for it for one hundred and thirty two months. Good, I don't know. I don't know how long I'm at. If y'all want to get on me for helping out with that, we're to have any help and checking over her payments and taking care of her, then y'all can be man.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, all right, well that's fair.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 2: By the way, this was not my idea. I got stuck with it.
Speaker 6: You could have bought a van, that's all I'm telling you, Man.
Speaker 2: Well, and then a van's a hassle too.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get us signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 2: It's there on the homepage. The new book, Men Don't Run in the Rain available everywhere today, audio ebooks uh, and of course the hardback cover uh. And of course when it comes to the audiobooks, there's so many different platforms. It's on some of them today, it'll get on all of them as the days move forward, same with all the others. So it's out there and available if you want to sign copy. Like Ken Osborne just said, though, you need to use our links. That's the only place you can get that. And it's on all of our websites, Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com and Burgessministries dot com. Somebody from text Nation said that they have a storage unit.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 2: And what is the is it flowery Branch Georgia full of privilege. So so that's that's good.
Speaker 6: Here, you really are getting it.
Speaker 2: My Pillow dot com, Slash Big Vox talk to Mike Lindale. Uh, he's Uh, let me tell you the things that Lindale will get into. When he sees the problem, he'll solve it and then you know, just check out the hook when the DJ revolves it. But energy drinks, you know, with energy drinks, you're like, hey, energy drink, that's so good for you, watch it, don't overdo it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So Lyndale now is gotten with rf K Junior on the make America healthy again. Thank you, Greg. Rev seven is what it's called. Rev seven Energy Drink powered by g O B HB has no caffeine, Greg's out no sugar uh, and it's got great flavors like lemonade, green apple, and Speedy's favorite blueberry citrus. It's also tongue blue. It's also Vegan Adler. Good news for you, Vegan Rev seven Energy Drink. Uh. It will keep you going all day. It will actually help you sleep better you want to. You won't get these stimulants or anything like that in it, so uh won't give you the shakes. Go to my pillow dot com. I'm slash big vox today and we'll save you some money on Rev seven Energy Drink for as low as thirty percent off. Get it as low as nine to ninety nine. According to that picture, that can is huge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, real size of the Canri.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just a rick real quick. Since I'm throwing out shout outs, I forgot my rick. I forgot my son's birthday. Thank goodness, you got somebody's meurcery. You should have heard it. Wayne, Yeah, you got Wayne in. I don't know what day. I know when his birthday is, but I wait a minute, what is today? Thirteenth? Okay, I thought I missed mine too, But my son's twenty third, right, yeah, yeah, this month, we got our we got all the kids in our family. Well, we got a lot of birthdays in man, Yeah, so many. Baby thirty four? How about that? Taylor Bird is thirty four? Come on, you should have heard him earlier, trying to figure out how old he was. Yeah, Taylor, Yeah, yeah, I knew it was the way it's Maybury's birthday, Tyler's white. Well, how about that?
Speaker 7: Today's a lot of birthday at birthday. But but that's funny you trying to figure that out in the break.
Speaker 2: Ah, let me take he's over thirty. He's over thirty. He don't need to mention, I said. Once they get a certain age. I mean you got to say have birthday you son. I'm sure he's really tuned in. Fine young man, he is, coach. Look forward to see him Saturday. I'm coming time town. I alad told him I'm coming in hot.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Marin's birthday, my granddaughter. That's gonna be fun. She turned for this past Saturday. I'm coming in hot, coming in hot, uncle, uncle Rick coming in. We can't do there, you go go wide open. Well take you canna take the short cut through?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I'm well yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be in Prattville. Was speaking on Saturday, Lord willing. And then after that's over, I'm headed to the birthday party. This one here will give you the short cut if you mention it. Well, I have something called you know GPS. Well now, but you don't have the Greg Burgess Oh gosh three from south of south of Birmingham to uh where they live. You've taken it before. Yeah, you don't remember you talk about put in the address. I just have an address. I just put in the address. Oh yeah, but he want me coming from there. He's down and pratful. So that's Montgomery, right. But won't he come up and then come over. Does he have to come back through? I just put the address in. Guys, I don't know. I mean you have to use GPS. Yeah, why are you actually you don't know what that's part of it. Yeah, oh my gosh, you have to use GPS.
Speaker 6: Rick, that's Greg. You're right, Greg Navigation System.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, he sounds like I was crazy. You know, I couldn't remember where their house was. Well, you didn't remember his birthday. The house was a little bit of a stretch like coming from there. I couldn't. I couldn't. As a matter of fact, I didn't know it's Taylor's birthday because I knew his birthday was this month and know what's today, so that will time into this weekend. Got a little gift for Taylor to oh really Yeah, it's a dining room suit. The table, got chairs and a shot of cabin. I want you if you pulled up with Rick, Ben and family for you been in a fam for your son, good and I'm gonna give that to you.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: And here's a little side table for your new office. There is by the way, it's both it's on both of us. I really I thought they were going to the other place to realize it was going to Chelsea.
Speaker 2: That's on me. Yeah, why don't y'all just stay out of my driving for y'all can be lost. Yeah, that's a good point. Uh, this is interesting today and it's going to tie in, you know, don't y'all all just I can't wait to hear what Sonny Hostin says. I can talk about that mental John, I think, Man, what does Sonny think about it? She's so Sonny. First of all, let's go to the video you have here Adler uh for b newly elected Pope Leo the fourteenth, right, So Leo.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: They're saying that there was an l G B t Q flag, the dreaded rainbow flag. Uh, and it was presented to Pope Leo and he purposely turned away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's walking down this line here, do want no flag?
Speaker 15: You can you see?
Speaker 6: It's coming up on the line and careful, seems intentional. It seems intentional. He turns away and then there's the gigantic Pride flag here and then as soon as he passes that flag, he comes back.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just that that no bit of a straight even though why are we for surprise that somebody is supposed to maybe in the position of the Pope. I tell what's surprising is if he went over and grabbed it and shrouded himself in it, that would be surprising. And let me ask you this, is it proper to hand the Pope any flag walking through waving it out? Who gives the Pope a flag? Nobody does greg.
Speaker 6: People try to kiss his hand, people try to pull all kinds of weird things on the Pope. Of course, port Francis would have like wiped his tears with the Pride flag if he had seen it.
Speaker 2: Adler at Rick burgesshow dot com that didn't say that. I mean, so Sonny is mad about this, but she's now turned. She's back licking Pope Leo again. She did not like this, claiming I didn't know. I guess Francis was more he was inclusive than than Leo is being in Sonny's opinion so far, especially dealing with the LGBTQ community. But how about this, Sonny is back on Pope Leo's I love him training.
Speaker 6: You know why?
Speaker 2: Because Pope Leo is black?
Speaker 12: Is he yes?
Speaker 2: Sonny says he is. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think they found the that like his grandparents. They were listed as colored or something to that effect, and she found that out.
Speaker 2: It says, it, says Pope Leo. She's learned maternal grandparents were described as people of color on documents, with his grandfather's original birthplace listed as hated. So Sonny has now declared I didn't like the way he acted about the flag, but I'm back in because we have the first ever black pope. So if you ignore the LBG Elemental P flag, that's bad. But if you're black you can ignore it. That's correct. If he's still you know how we talk about you, hitch. I don't think he did from watching him, but their accusation. Anytime the Left have a playoff, we always enjoy that. And what we found out today is being a person of color is that Trump's not being inclusive with LGBTQ. That gives you a path, He gives you a passet. Black pope can ignore the flag. White pope can. I got it? Did you did?
Speaker 6: And I'm not messing around. Did y'all see that Pope Leo? Y'all y'all are making jokes about him being from Chicago.
Speaker 9: Poor guy.
Speaker 6: Maybe he's a white Sox fan He actually made the broadcast in two thousand and five at the game one of the World Series.
Speaker 2: Hey, look nervous too.
Speaker 6: He's a fan, you guys were right. Yeah, it'll show him here on the left. That's him right there there, he is right there.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So I was just kind of making a gym.
Speaker 6: Yes, he made the broadcast.
Speaker 2: What he doesn't know about suffering? Then we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Hello America. You ready for an a new hour and we're glad you're all here. Box seat sir jacked because the Burgess Small Battle is about to begin. The gang is here, as you know, it is speedy, Greg and Adler. We've done a lot already today. If you missed any of that, catch it on the Daily Archives, either on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel. Coming from the email with today's launch of the brand new book, Men Don't Run in the Rain. Thank you all who are responding and grabbing copies everywhere. If you want an autograph copy assigned copy that you can only get those through the links on our websites. But if you don't care about that, then you can grab it audio, ebooks and hardcover on a lot of different platforms today and more to come from the email. Hey Burge, you lost our baseball game. Thanks a lot. I've been telling my boys that men don't run in the ring. Came back to bite me last night. In our little league game. My son hits the ball and just starts walking to first. Of course he gets out. I get to the dugout and ask him why he didn't run. He said, well, you told us men don't run in the ring. Thereining at the end, he said. All I could do was smile and give him a hug. It's pretty good, hilarious.
Speaker 8: What it is?
Speaker 2: Next generation? Who's ready for a Burgess Ball battle? Come on, yeah, so Speedy, Yeah, do what you do, Hi, Man Speedy will now take those members of the audience. They're all put in the hats. He's pulled out two numbers. He will now announce the two box that will compete in the Burgess Ball battle. That's right. When they signed up, they were each giving a number, and Uncle Greg drew number three and number six and that is Ashton Scott and Lynn Larrmore.
Speaker 6: Come on, yeah, yeah, yeah, and Ashton. I'm telling you now, Ashton, how old are you?
Speaker 8: Eight?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna ask you it, Lynn, how old you are? But don't let an eight year old beach you. That's all I'm gonna say. Lynn.
Speaker 6: No, no, But I saw her practicing over here.
Speaker 2: She's pretty good, all right. So you got thirty seconds, all right, the last ten seconds it counts as a three. So so you're not ever out of it. So keep on keeping on. Okay, here we go. We got there there there, and hold on, Joe, I'll tell you when to start. We're gonna wait and go and there all right, and they're off. We got Lynn to the right, Ashton to the left. So far still zero zero with twenty five seconds left. All right, Lynn, she trained one. It's to zero, Ashton. Come on, Ashton, you do it. Four zero? Lynn over Ashton. Oh, Ashton, that's closed. Fifteen seconds left. It's now six zero. Now Lynn's starting to feel guilty, but that's okay. Lynn is Now it's nine zero.
Speaker 6: Come on, Ashton, you can train one here girl, Come on, Ashton, you to do it. Fifteen zero now, Lynn bragging. Oh yeah, all right, she gets store. But Lynn was the winner.
Speaker 2: She beat Ashton. But Ashton, you did good. It's okay, hey Ashton, hold on, Ashton, don't go anywhere. We're gonna have you spin as only roote people would do what you could have won. Yes, second, that's but you're not going to Lynn. Don't feel bad, I mean okay Lynn. Lynn did not warm up. She said, I'll just let what happens happens. And the random drawing produced an eight year old that you beat eighteen to two. Yeah, so come on, so here we go. So lets you feel bad, all right? So now we will spin the wheel. Now, Lynn, you must say it's will to me, ye, will to me, give it a rip and let's see what happens. And you got to say it's will to me first. Here we go. Okay, here we go. The will's been hot lady, yeah, will it be hot again today? So let's see what happens. Here comes Lynn, Here comes Lynn, Here comes lent Hey, congratulations, you got turkey calls from Gary. Hey, hey, Lenny, you want me to sign this and just say to Lynn, god but gouy but gobo from Gary the bulldozer man. So you've got a you've got a turkey call. Yeah yeah, And your husband may like that. And you know, but by about a little keepsake from Gary though, that's pretty bad. Yeah. Okay, so now we're going to let Ashton come up and spend it and to see what she would have won if a mean lady had not taken this game away from her. Okay, So so so here here we go. You got to say it's not will to me. And there you listen to her sweet little boy this way and look at her little dress in her bowl? Okay that? Oh no, is she gonna land on?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, little lady. I'll give you a turkey call. That's what you really want, I'll send one to you. You can tell everybody. Look I got that from Uncle Gary. Uh So, so there we go. Well let's meet everybody. Yeah, two turkey calls funding, so let's say hello. Uh so the big boy mike is oh god, everybody upright? So up first, here comes the Scott family. There they all come. Stephanie Bailey, you just heard from Ashton and Darryl Scott. They are making their way to the big boy microphone. So, uh, here they all come. And if you don't want to talk, that's all right, ladies, but of course, Ashton, you've already in in the spotlight. I don't know what you're nervous about. So so tell me about Scott family. Where y'all coming from. We live in Athens, Alabama, Athens those of you around the country. That's the northern part of Alabama, not far from my storage unit. Up for you, So tell tell me you got any questions or shout outs. I know the girls have some shout outs, y'all want to do that? Come on up, Come on once, Chicken Bailey, go ahead, here we go. It's all right, no, yeah, all right, go right ahead. What do I say the last the last time that we took a survey, there's only about one point six million people. Go ahead, Yeah, you have a shout out to my nag Lala okay, Laala and Papa. Okay, Hey, that's where I'm from. All right, So here's Ashton back again. Go ahead. I have a shout out to my sister Lake and my big sister. And she's got school right now, says she U can't. So there's a big sister too, Okay? Is that all all girls? Three girls? All right? Okay? So Dad, what about that? I mean, you're out numbered, I mean big town. So any other shout out your questions or anything like that, Scott fan you.
Speaker 6: What about.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being Scott family. That's awesome. All right, let's see who's who's up next year. We've got Gen mcmenimon, mcnitimen, mcnanimon okay mcimon okay, and Lynn Claire Moore. I did that right? Yeah, Okay, got that? Okay? So did I say your last name right? Mc minimonim minimum So welcome. Uh and so you guys way back in Rick and Bubba time, you said you you you watched the show at the old studio, right, first time to this studio of the studio. Okay, any questions or shout outs.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna shout out to my husband, Frank mcminimon.
Speaker 2: Minimon. What's Frank doing today?
Speaker 6: He's working.
Speaker 2: He works out at the beach Redfish, blue Fish from Pensacola.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Can you get anything done and living at the beach, yeah, because we work from home, so okay, we're in the house most of the time. Yeah, okay, all right, So what about you, Jim, I mean, I'm sorry n rhymes, I mean I don't.
Speaker 6: Give a shout out to our work folks.
Speaker 2: So we were back home working while we're having a great time. Do you both y'all work together? Okay, you'll both work from home though, we do, okay, And so and what do y'all do in Pensacola. We work for the University of South Alabama Healthcare.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 2: Actually, the look okay, you work from the house. You're good, you're good. Do you work for help? You're actually working in here now, so you're working in the Yeah, I mean they had that look on like, you know, read what they're doing here. It's almost like I got some bad news. We're here to cancel your.
Speaker 1: Life, and.
Speaker 2: Now we're here to get your claims paid. And you weren't burgess ball, you're not bragging. It's just what happened. Yeah, I mean, that's a total accident.
Speaker 15: Let me this.
Speaker 2: You do a lot of turkey? Do you do a lot of turkey hunting? Because you want to call to learn how turkey, you don't how to call the turkeys coming up? You better leave that.
Speaker 6: There's turkeys at the beach, by the way, the turkeys.
Speaker 2: Of there's turkeys of the beach.
Speaker 6: Beach, turkeys there at the beach.
Speaker 14: But there's a house, right down the street from me.
Speaker 2: That has them. I've had a couple of turkeys of there's there's turkey really, but they live at the beach like you hunt them in the afternoon because they don't get up early, right. Thank you for being here to appreciate it very much. They are so we We heard from everybody today, Stephanie Bailey, Ashton, Darryl Jinn, and Linn All in the box seats today and we thank them and also brought some delicious food today which has been outstands. Thank y'all for that too. We'll come back more of the rick Burgers Show as we work our way through another hour together. Thank you America for being here.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. They are the uncles your parents warned you about. Rick bergis show.
Speaker 2: About in America. Thanks for being with us today on a brand new show. We have already had a blast, so if you miss any of that, you can always go back and catch it on the Daily Archives. Tomorrow's show on location always kind of a beautif for chaos. Tomorrow's schedule to be on the show, Trent dilferd Bo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tubrabull, Caylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barker, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson all scheduled to be on the show tomorrow. So we'll be live from Greystone Regent's tradition the Drumming Company Celebrity Program tomorrow and if you would like to be part of that, if you're headed to that event, just come by and see us. We'll be on the Coca Cola patio ready to go. We got our winter yesterday that made the highest bid and that winner will be be riding in a cart but be inside the ropes with Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, and Tom Layman and they'll also get to come to the Coca Cola Patio and hang out tomorrow. But you can come to and we'll see there are also some of you, like, for instance, I just got a message, you know with men Don't Run in the Rain being out today and the person will saying, hey, I want to sign copy, uh, but I want it to be to a certain person. That's gonna be a little complicated because you know it's hard to figure out, you know, which book that you bought on the sign copy Now we'll be we'll be signing a bunch of them tomorrow. But what I would say is, you know, we got a lot of stuff we get out and about and UH is to find a way when once you get yours, if you want it personalized, Uh, then we can find another way to do that. You know, might be where I'll be somewhere speaking or doing. You can bring it. I'll be happy to sign it there.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: You won't be able to get them in time enough for to bring any tomorrow because we're just now ordering them today. They're just now went on sale. But uh, but you know, probably go ahead and get you a book. Uh, and then we'll if you want it personalized, you know, we'll have to find another way to do that, because that's almost impossible when you're talking about a stack of books signing and the orders have come in and you don't really know who they're all tied to. So that's that's a little more difficult. But you know, we'll work the best can to do that. Also, somebody asking about tomorrow saying once again tomorrow. This is this person keeps asking about how they can get the whole show by not joining the show till it's two hours old, and they were like, well, I'm speaking more about tomorrow specifically. Well, you know, I just have to say, and I know this is out there. You could start listening to the show earlier. That's one way, But the other is alarm clock that we told you that. You know, I'm not sure because I don't obviously listen to the show on an app. I actually do the show. I know you can do this on the archive, but those of you that are little more savvy with the tune in app or the iHeartRadio apps, could the person not do the same thing that you can do on YouTube. Go ahead and rewind back if you're streaming the audio as well, and start at the beginning. I don't know if you can do that or not.
Speaker 6: I think those apps are live you could probably once you join them, be posit it. But as far as going back, if you did not have the app open already, I don't think tune in or those apps you can go back in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna have to say to this person, Yeah, okay, good, I'm gonna say to this person. I'm just gonna break it down for you. You're gonna have to get up earlier tomorrow. You are okay either join, either joined the show earlier, or just be okay with catching the rest of it on the archive later. Go ahead and join two hours in, and then when the archive comes out, it's the same day it comes out, go back and catch what you miss, right. I think that's gonna that's probably gonna be your best road, the best road to victory. Yeah, okay. And if late we were referring to, you know, Greg running around shirtless or something like that. Later and Adler, Adler's gonna be documenting, We're gonna be documenting, so you should have plenty uh to enjoy.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Adler, did you see Alice in chains canceled the tourt? Are you okay in there? I'm all right.
Speaker 6: I'm just a man in the box right now.
Speaker 2: You know, drummer suffers medical emergency? Yeah, so do you not? I mean you see that this person there's not anything they can do about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They didn't say what it was, and initially they weren't canceling the entire tour, but I think they've canceled every every, every bit of it.
Speaker 2: Emergency. Yeah, they didn't disclose it. To your point, what was wrong? You just said, Hey, it's just the best best that we just cancel everything.
Speaker 6: I saw Alison chains Uh in Birmingham with Greg's son, by the way, Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yes, Greg forgot his birthday today.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I didn't forget. But man, they are great. They're still great, and they got they did get obviously. They got a new lead singer and he's a little bit younger, which allows him to hit those notes. But he's not like oddly out of place young. I'm a big Allison chains fan.
Speaker 2: But oh gosh, they said they just revealed what the problem was. What it was nu onions. Okay, I'll you hear about it.
Speaker 6: I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, none of your business, right, but that's what happened. But anyway, the I've never heard Allison change ever. Yes, why I don't like Alison I've never listened to Yeah, they got a song called Rooster, you got a song called hate. I missed that four seconds?
Speaker 6: Would you get hey?
Speaker 2: What about it? Also? I love their cover of Farmer in the dell.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 6: This is a I can't believe you've given Alison change nothing.
Speaker 2: I've given them zero.
Speaker 6: Their vocal harmonies are it's like the Eagles meets Pan Terra or something.
Speaker 2: Man. No, I'm not saying Look, I'm just you know, it's kind of weird now that y'all saying this. I think sometimes, you know, marketing is such a big deal. I can honestly say I have no opinion on their music because I've never listened to it. Because of the name of the band. But when I hear the term Allison, CH's like, I've never given them anything. You're right, I may like them, but I've never listened to their music and said I don't like it. I've just never listened to their music. So how about that in front of that with the drummer having a medical merger, you would know the one song the one boy in the Box, Man in the Box.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 8: I know that.
Speaker 2: So good. Oh that's the song about his dadd in Vietnam that I got that off. I got that off the text?
Speaker 14: Know that?
Speaker 2: Do you agree with this? From the tech from the tex it's no mister T's mother from the text Nation Jerry Cantrell is one of the best modern that modern day guitarists. You agree with that?
Speaker 6: Cantrell is awesome?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Here, just listen to this harmony, your harmonies right here? Rick just listen real quick, real quick, let me find it. Yeah Jones is, Yeah, that was right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: It's not like the Beatles when they were weirded on drugs, So no babies are coming out.
Speaker 2: Wow, just do it.
Speaker 12: Or just have or do that.
Speaker 5: I'll do it.
Speaker 8: Sounds.
Speaker 2: Do you like what I getting for it? Do you like Alison Jones?
Speaker 6: I don't know a whole lot about them, but that's one or two songs. Tens on I don't turn it would.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. Warning, in order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like enough Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back, ain't you being with us? Good bad music outstanding?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This has explicit lyrics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't get to the don't get to the words.
Speaker 2: Don't get to the words. We're trying to give me some bumsteer here. I've got enough obstacles out there. I don't need new ones. Get to the words.
Speaker 6: It's not even it's not subtle at all.
Speaker 3: Shove my nose.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Anyways, anyways, it's filled with.
Speaker 2: You sit around, listen to that record with your mom and dad.
Speaker 6: Have not listened to Alison Chain's honestly in probably a decade, and I should and I thank you for the reminder, I.
Speaker 2: Said the cancel show there was supposed to been in doth on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Uh have you heard about this new product? Does anybody? I mean, we're talking about major research here, pioneering health at the sallutor level, developed by doctor in collaboration with the US Navy. What's going on there? Greg? Of course, this is his new favorite product. He loves this new sponsor. And here's the reason why fatty fifteen dot com the big box Greg. It's like Greg's been giving a haul pass to scream out fatty fifteen as many times as he can. Well, and here's why they have fatty in the name. Because we all know there are good fats and they are bad fats. I will tell you anything that's telling you to cut fat out of your dot completely not so good. There's some good fats out there, especially for your brain that loves some of these good ones. And so but then you're like, well, which ones are good and which ones are bad? Well, that's where fatty fifteen comes in. One of the best for you is something is it's a fatty acid called C fifteen. This one is this is a good one. Uh, and just one today strengths and cells vastly improves you longevity, slows the biological aging process at the segular level. So this is a good fan. So they've got it at CE fifteen and you just take this jail cap and it's yours fifteen percent off for a ninety day subscription starter Kip as a fan of the show. Now, how do I get the fifteen percent off? Go to Fatty fifteen dot com, slash big vox, or just go to Rick Burgess show dot com right there under the sponsors. But okay, so other things to cover. I'm not familiar with this. This is more your area. Speedy Chiefs superfan Chiefs A Halic. Are you familiar with the superfan Uh, the one that chiefs up superfan Chiefs A Halic. I don't know if we're saying that right, Chiefs a Halic. Okay, Chiefs. So he's a Chiefs the Halic, like he's a chief Sa Halic. Oh the Chiefs. Well, he's been the thirty two years in prison and he's going to prison in Oklahoma.
Speaker 16: Oh.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's this guy I've seen this guy is that?
Speaker 2: Is that him? I think that's him. Yeah, I've seen that guy. That's who they're talking He's going to jail, buddy for what wait, robbed a bank, robbed a bank. Wearing that robbing a Tulsa area banks. Sadly, he probably would not have been identified if he had not had this outfit. Who that is? So he's not Tulsa King, so he is. It's a sentence that will be carried out. What is he already serving time somewhere else? Yes, he's already in a federal prison in the world, So then these thirty two years is just for state prison. He's already serving time in a federal prison. So unlike you're robbing banks, right, he's only thirty thumbs Now, man, what a waste. He appeared to go do that for the rest of your life. You're only thirty. He says that he appeared in a Tulsa courtroom. He apologized to the court and the victorious anymore, he did this in twenty twenty two. Uh, he robbed. Oh, this guy just gets worse. You're not gonna beve what he robbed the Tulsa teacher's credit union target. Can you imagine. Can you imagine being the attorney here? First you say, I take off that. Yeah, right in the middle of COVID. He said that he is sincere remorse, and he said, I take full responsibility for my actions. Go Chiefs. I don't get it. Would you ad to go Chiefs? I did ad to go to If you're going to dress up for your favorite team, the Chiefs, why are you a wolf? I don't understand that, Greg, he's the Chief's a haul of chief wolf? What he is he already was serving more than seventeen years here. It is in the federal prison for a string of eleven bank robberies across seven states. James, Well, let me know. He makes it count. He stole nearly eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Okay, Well, would you like to know why he stole it? I can't wait to tell you why. But everybody, are you all ready for this? You told about a character. He went out and did all this for one reason. He needed to finance his social media stardom. Oh okay, I thought if it was you were a star on social media, that actually paid you. Yep. He's described as a serial robber who traumatized these victims and numerous of other victims across the country. So there we are. If you would like to uh follow him, it's at Chiefs of hol on social media, gracious. So I'm like, Greg, I can't want to know what he wore into. Yeah, did he wear the wolf head? What that might tip everybody else they watched the guy with a wolf.
Speaker 6: I think this is really him, honestly right here.
Speaker 2: That's okay. So we got we got hoodie and something. There's there's a Chiefs of hoolic.
Speaker 6: I don't know why he's a gray wolf though.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what did the chiefs have to do with wolves? And are we missing something?
Speaker 6: So I said a wolf costume? So he slapped on a chief's jersey in a hat.
Speaker 2: And he was like, I guess, I guess, I guess you're right?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 2: All right? Wake up? How about this? F d A says dangerous substance known as gas station heroin, I'm not laughing, poses a major risk to young people. Great gas station gus station heroin? What makes it be gased? Their sounding of the alarm? Dangerous drug and I told you the name of it. It can lead to serious harm, including death.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: They're saying that they're they're very concerned. Often called I don't know why gas station heroin, and they said the reason why here he g is Okay, I found it. It's sold in gas stations through a variety of products, despite the drug not being approved by the FDA. So uh, the FDA said, I'm very very concerned. I'm going public. This is a dangerous product and serious it rose it poses a huge risk for America's youth. I guess I guess any age of you took it. I guess they're the ones they like hiding legal products or something. Yeah, somebody, somebody goes to get a little vape. Next thing you know, there it is.
Speaker 6: Hmm, watch out for the the product called.
Speaker 2: Neptune's Elixir that'll get you. So there you go. That's the hair one. I guess they're hiding it in that Okay, So there you go. Gi Uh. A woman today has made for some reason national news. Unsuspecting mother mother says she was flattered by the nicest young man. It turned out to be that she was on a flight with Travis Hunter, the number one pick in the NFL. She said, she said, I will I will get his jersey. I did not know who he was. Uh, but uh we uh we spent time on a United flight last week. He sat next to me, and I was very flattered by how kind and wonderful he was as a young man. When when I figured out that he was some big deal in football, I thought to myself, Now that's somebody's your I'd like to have. So I guess he's got the star. I d nice, there it is, she said. She said that she also there was another man sitting not far from her that kept calling himself legendary. She said, I found him to be not so loving. Yeah, I did not want his jersey. No jersey for me. I understand, I understand that I need that. If I to get it, he's gonna have to do something with the Cleveland Brown.
Speaker 6: He kept yelling at us from first class. It was better than us.
Speaker 2: JUDR Sanders, how about this? First of all, is Travis Hunter gonna do well?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you think he'll end up playing on one side the ball? Though? Yeah, I don't think he'll be like a And then if I think he'll play defense, and then they'll put him in third down, so you think defense will be his main PI. Yeah, and then I don't mean I'm right, Well, no, you make to me, to me, you're that's just sensible because if I'm gonna have to play defense, I'm gonna have to be getting after it. If I'm a receiver that goes out every now and then runs a pattern, I could much easier pop in on the offense than pop in on the defense, don't you think?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, because they were saying he could probably starting on defense tomorrow. What I mean, but on offense you got to learn the scheme. And I'm not really see him if I could see him being a weapon on offense and then maybe getting thrown in on some certain defensive packages.
Speaker 2: What do you see? Do you remember? They don't know? I remember they used Dion? Yeah, yeah, I see, I see him being more like that. Yeah, because Dion was just a world class athlete, he didn't need to have a learned the whole offense. They would just say, why don't we get in there and get the ball to Dan, see if you make something happen, right, and him kind of be that guy. Yeah, he's special though. Yeah, yes, so we'll see insure door will he be legendary? We'll see like say, trying to do that from the Browns is tough.
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back. We wrap up the hour with unscreened phone calls from you America. We've had a lot of topics today. We've uncovered a lot of you know, I told you it's action packed week. Here lot going on your your phone called next eight eight eight six, Big vox.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 8: No hell.
Speaker 9: No, hell.
Speaker 8: No no.
Speaker 1: The man who informed gipping dots that they were not, in fact the ice cream of the bunch of Rick Birches.
Speaker 2: That didn't happen. Here we go unscreen phone calls our number eight eight eight six Big Vox. So kind of updating you on what's going on. Let's just focus first on today. Men Don't Run in the Rain released today. It's available everywhere you get books and right now. If you want to sign copy for yourself or for Father's Day, the only way you can do that is use the links that we have on our websites. That's Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com. Okay, that's where the signed options are. If that's not a concern of yours or no, desire there, then you can get them, you know, Amazon, all kinds of platforms, audio ebooks. Not all the audio platforms have it yet, but they will. Some do have it today, and same thing on the ebooks. I know Kendall's got it and all that. So thank you for already some great response there and I'd love to get your feedback once you're reading the book, and always good to hear that. Also tomorrow Livin on Location, Chaos, Beautiful Chaos, Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hu Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tubberviull, Kaylin de Board, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson all scheduled to be on the program. And thanks to our box seats today you have been a wonderful delight and thank you for the delicious food you brought. And congratulations we did have someone win a Gary Turkey call to it. Yeah to the people we go in text nation, outstanding job again today. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 15: Hey, Rick, I was a little say I live here in Pravel. There's a lot of exciting new things we got here. We got ten coffee shops you can choose from wherever you get here. We got brand new sidewalks you can look at. And if you bring speedy, depending on what time y'all get there, you'll go to the pratt Pub because you can actually smoke cigarettes in, eat your shrimp po boy.
Speaker 2: While you're you know, all right, yeah boy. At first, at first I was like, how dare you talk about a pub? And then I realized this is a Methodist church? Okay, so hey you well, hi, he coming up Saturday. I am excited being at Prattville First Methodist Church there in Prattville, Alabama. I'm speaking somewhere around eleven. But you want to be there for the whole thing, So get the tails at the manchurch dot com under events. Thanks for the end, we'll check out the coffee shops. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Hey Rick.
Speaker 8: First of all, love the show man awesome, thank you, uh you're you guys. This this mister T stuff is just owning me. Oh wait, I'm dying. And it's even got me going back work or watching the clips of when he was b a on the eighteen. Yeah, every week they knocked guy out because he won't fly with the crazy pilot.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: I'm just I forgot.
Speaker 2: I laughed. Yeah, you're so good, you for I forgot about eighteen. I haven't want that to knock him out to getting on the plane. Is that on like TV Land or something that? Yeah? So we continue. All I know is tree right treat for mama?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: There is no other Now it started again. You're on the Rick Burgers show. Go ahead.
Speaker 12: Hey, So my issue with this thought I have is how can we get it on the vehicle? But what if we come up with some type of sticker also be free advertising for the show that said something like, hey, I'm a left lane driver and I know I'm a DA but I live Rick Birders show. Talking like that.
Speaker 2: That's not bad, not bad, that's not bad at all. Thinking, okay, all right, you're thinking we continue Rick Birders shows? Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Hey, speed Racer, Yes, sir, Hey can you go through uh tomorrow when we're out on the links, Uh, can you go through your your golf club set up? What what name brand are today? And what kind of ball you prefer to play with? I showed the Callaway X sixteen irons and I had tailor made drivers.
Speaker 8: What kind of set up do you?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow wow? Does that show hunt Jack? It sounds like he plays golf to show It sounds like you can do it all. Sounds like you and show Hunting need to go to golf channel. We continue. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Go ahead.
Speaker 12: Hey, A couple of questions.
Speaker 8: When you start going on a vacation, who's going to fill in? And will the tradition of the Big Year end or continue?
Speaker 2: It's a good question, you know. I don't think we'll call it the Big Year Ender, but yeah, there'll be some kind of something end of the year. And what we're working on the tech I think we're going to get there. We will see, uh is that when one person is off, really everybody's off. We're trying to work that out that you the shows will actually be played back without anyone having to be here. Uh So, but if that doesn't work out, you know it'll be it'll be it'll be like coming up next weekend. Uh Like we're all going to be off on Monday, but it'll just be a show played back in its entirety. Uh So, we'll we'll still have a version of some of the best moments of this year, and hopefully Lord willing if we get to continue uh that as well, but we may We're trying to come up with a way that everybody can be off at the same time. But if that didn't work out, somebody will host didn't play play some best of us and maybe a combination of the two. Uh, and and you will do some kind of big celebration at the end of year. You can count it. Maybe maybe some new ideas mixed in with some that that you know have lasted the test of time. I'll tell you this right now, we're thinking about as far as the Christmas promotion, just do cash. I mean, no, no one, no one loves cash is the way to go. You know, it'd be just every day we give away a certain amount of cash.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that when we get down to the final you can give that to me, Rick, I'm sure. I'm sure, Rick Burgess, show go ahead.
Speaker 19: Hey guys, Chris calling from Florence.
Speaker 9: How's it going.
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 19: Oh I'm gonna be doing that next week speedy at my my son's graduation.
Speaker 12: By the way, I'm just gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Make them feel special. Yeah, you don't want to.
Speaker 12: Make them feel special. But I was thinking about, Yes.
Speaker 19: Tomorrow, you guys are going to be from Greg from the Celebrity Program, right correct? How many have you guys started a pool of who's gonna say something they shouldn't say? It have to be dumped off Gary or Greg?
Speaker 12: Boy?
Speaker 2: Gary got that's a clash of the titans. Gary. I gotta go with Gary. You know Rick's I mean Rick, Greg's here every day kind of getting his reps. Gary just kind of blows in and.
Speaker 7: Oh if you've noticed something about Gary though, when he gets uncomfortable, he gets quiet.
Speaker 2: He didn't say a whole lot. He'll be way out of my money's on Greg. How about he'll get way out of his element. You're gonna get the showing a way out of his elm. Yeah, we get a little punchy. We gonna start making fun of somebody walking by with a blower. Yeah, when we're out on the on location, we get a little punchy. Look there he is ready to go. Hey, Caitlyn, let me ask you something. What you're doing on a day? I don't understand it. That's what I'm worried about. We continue Rick Bird ahead.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I was just curious if, uh so, when bead he goes to the golf tournament and everything, is he going to do the whole barking thing if somebody gets a hold in one, or even if he does.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely holding one, barking, all kinds of barking. Oh yeah, go around back. We continue Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Rick, uh, I guess post it on the chat. You guys want. You guys aren't yet on the radio. They can cow West tomorrow instead.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. How about checking out with Larry the patch, mister t Rick. We'll keep forgetting asking. You're right, you can sing Larry your mama right, chean right, your mamy right?
Speaker 4: Is that good?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Here you go, mother, there there's no other man dreamer. Thanks for being with us tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow, live and on location. Don't you dare miss it? You missed anything today? I catch the daily archives.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.