Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 2: Happy weekend to everybody. I hope you're having a wonderful Saturday Sunday. Whenever you are tuning in, you're here to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show from this week. That's probably why you listen to part two. But if you want a little extra new content and just fun conversations, you can check out Part one this weekend with Eddie.
Speaker 3: And if you've ever.
Speaker 2: Had a lot of questions about a certain show member, then you'll check out Part three. And Eddie answered a bunch of questions this weekend, so check all those out.
Speaker 3: But if you are.
Speaker 2: Here and you're catching up on the show, that's the whole reason. Then let's get into it. There's a listener conspiracy theory about Lunchbox. So all week he's been in California trying to get on the price is Right because it's his dream. Well, this listener seems to think he may not actually tell us everything, So listen and hear for yourself and let us know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're joining the conspiracy theory.
Speaker 4: Number seven, we have a caller that's going to present an interesting scenario. Lunchbox may have said he didn't get on Prices Right because they didn't allow him to say, like, you could have let us done a wild goose chase. She's going to give us more information. Okay, let's go to her. Now, Hey, Summer, you're on the show. What's going on?
Speaker 5: So I was just listening to Lunchbox talk about his experience as Prices Right, and I was on it and actually won the whole show years ago, and it's super similar to him exactly how he explains it. I was actually number thirty six, and I think so it's possible that he still could have been on it, and he's just not sharing with you guys, because as soon as you get off, if you win anything, they make you sign like everything. I'm sure in radio you guys know how to like all the things you have to sign. So like if a president came on and spoke at the time that the show is supposed to air, you get nothing. So if the show doesn't air, you don't get any thing. And so he could be kind of playing with that of like, oh, I don't want to share in case you know it doesn't air, or he might still want to keep it a surprise.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Because so also in the room where he talked to the producer or the whoever it is that you talked to you, they did the exact same thing to me of, oh, so, what's your name?
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm Summer, I'm a teacher. Okay, great, and moved on to the next person. That's literally the only thing that they talked to me about. I was like, all right, cool one, I'm not on the show. And I ended up being the first one called up. So just my thoughts is that he could actually have been on it and just not totally sharing the whole story yet.
Speaker 4: And I think she brings up a great point. But do we think that he could have pulled that on us?
Speaker 6: Well, he was doing that weird smile thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think that was him just trying to I don't think he's cable to pull that with us, like he's not that good.
Speaker 4: Could he have said, let's say he gets up on contestant's row. Could he have said he got on contestants row but didn't win.
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 5: I mean, and well, I mean, y'all are different because you're in public, Like I could have told my family, but I don't know that I would say it in public because I mean, you can say it, but if it doesn't air, then it's kind of like it never happened. So being in public, he might not want to share in cause it doesn't or don't playing the long game, oh yeah, or he could just doing the long game with y'all because it was really fun. I ended up getting to watch it with my whole fifth grade class, and no one knew that I even made it onto the contestants row much less one, and so it was it was a much bigger fun surprise to be able to watch it with everybody and see it all together than them know that I was on it in the first place.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting theory, but I okay, let's say he won, and let's say he told us on the air. He's not eliminated from winning the prizes if it airs, right, so he could tell us and then it airs and he wins the prizes and he still gets the prizes. It's only if it doesn't air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Well, will.
Speaker 9: They hold the episode hostage?
Speaker 4: Because he says no, But if something happens where they have to like, I wouldn't say bad weather because it's not bad weather all over America. The president anything that a new story on it, but I think he wouldn't care. He would just want us to know we got on regardless, right, But that is something to think about though, summer. So I appreciate that. Thank you for calling. Hey, what'd you win?
Speaker 10: By the way, Let's.
Speaker 5: See, I won this horrible wall clock to get on and then I won six bars of gold, trip to Fiji and trip to Mexico, like villas in Mexico.
Speaker 10: Did you go on the trip?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah was it cool? They were great, They were totally legit. It was yeah, it was really fun. Yeah. They do make you cash in your bars of gold like that day though, so you get whatever the value of the gold is that day. But I was like, I kind of want to have a bar of gold. Who doesn't want to bar a gold just to have him walking around? But now they make you cash of it.
Speaker 10: How much was the barro gold worth?
Speaker 5: It was right around a thousand I think at the time.
Speaker 9: That's cool.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, thank you for sharing that with us. We appreciate that.
Speaker 5: You're so welcome, all right, see you later.
Speaker 4: Right, that'd be fun to watch with your class mm hmm, although they're like, she wants to watch Prices right one random day.
Speaker 9: Okay, this is weird.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we'll check on lunchbox.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Last weekend, Bobby was debating if he should go to an Arkansas razorback game all by himself.
Speaker 3: Well did he end up going?
Speaker 2: We got the full update this week to see if he ended up going, what it was like, all those good details.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 4: So over the weekend, I had planned to go to Knoxville to watch Arkansas and Tennessee play football. If you're new to the show other than my wife favorite things Arkansas sports die Hard. And it was only like three and a half hours. So I was gonna wake up, go by myself, go to the game, watch US win. It's gonna be an amazing win, and then drive back home. And as I was driving home, listen and watch Cubs play and watch them win that game.
Speaker 10: And so my wife she thought I was going, But I wake up and she's like, you're going to the game.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't have to decide really until about eleven games is three I could get there pretty easy, and I was like, yeah, I think I'm gonna go. She goes, okay, well, don't text me when you get there, being like this sucks. I wish i'd never come. She goes, could you do that a lot? And so just you know, just make the deal. You don't text me that, but have a good time. And I'm like, all right, I said, do you do what? You don't think I should go? She goes, no, I don't think I should go.
Speaker 10: You're gonna miss me.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's not that at all, she's said. She goes, what do both of your teams lose? And I'm like, well, that's kind of rude. She goes, is it your team's always lose?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Well they do, yeah, well no.
Speaker 4: They historically, Yeah, just generally, my team's always live. And I'm like, well, so my feelings get a little hurt. And I'm like, what do you mean. She goes, well, they're both the underdog, right, and I'm like, yeah, I guess we're supposed to lose by like ten and the Cubs are like a run and a half underdog to the Brewers.
Speaker 10: She goes, imagine how miserable you'll be if they both lose. And then she.
Speaker 4: Says something that I often say, and it's that, think about this logically now, logically, if they both lose, is that going to be the worst drive home you've ever had?
Speaker 10: Yeah, she was oka, I just.
Speaker 4: Consider that before you go, and a little bit my feelings were hurt. And then they both lost, and I was happy.
Speaker 10: She said it. Yeah, it's brutal. It is a brutal day for me.
Speaker 9: But you were home.
Speaker 4: At least I don't have drive home during brutalness. Yeah, because I would have got there and about third quarter texted or this sucks. I wish I'd never come. For sure, exactly sure I would have done that. You just would have left, No, because it was kind of close till the end.
Speaker 6: Oh, oh, that's true. I guess. I did see at one point that they were you were We were playing.
Speaker 10: A different game.
Speaker 4: We were playing a little something called Fumble Rooski, and they were that sounds fun.
Speaker 10: It was a new element. It is pretty bad.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 10: Now I'm back at square one, considering going to Texas A and M.
Speaker 6: It's a game, so it's I was about to say, you're probably going to go.
Speaker 8: No, you're not going to college.
Speaker 4: Well, at least I don't know that I wouldn't because I like Coachoko a lot and I think you're gonna say I coachok And but tex A and M's probably number four best team in football. They're awesome.
Speaker 12: When's that game on Saturday?
Speaker 9: So here we are doing it again, thinking what are you gonna do?
Speaker 8: You're surrounded by Arkansas, a.
Speaker 4: Comfortable environment for you, Jane Grace gots my brother and sister in law.
Speaker 10: They live there, so you know, like crying their pillow. So but yeah, I'm glad it didn't go as a pretty rough one for me. And then I gotta say, Panthers looked great this weekend. My Panthers.
Speaker 9: They beat the Cowboys.
Speaker 10: He pounded, they beat the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Oh man, is it awkward in here right now?
Speaker 9: Nah, we're over it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had a whole day yesterday.
Speaker 4: We had twenty five whistles on Sunday and if you know, notice there's a couple bruises on both of our faces.
Speaker 10: We got into it, but.
Speaker 9: We're find out.
Speaker 10: Yeah that Arkansas Colv's loss is terrible.
Speaker 4: Both games went to the end and lost them both, But you know what, that's normal for me. My normal feeling with sports is always feeling sad and let down. That's not good, but that's my baseline. No, that's my baseline for sure. Okay, so no, not always. Occasionally people go to the casino and win, sure, but the baseline is if you go, you're gonna lose. That's just they don't build those things, as they say, with people winning all the time.
Speaker 10: My baseline with sports is we lose. And I have a friend there's Big Ta.
Speaker 4: He does a podcast, a different podcasts I listened to and he's a Tennessee fan, and before the game he messaged me and I was like, we're either going to lose close at the end or get beat by five hundred, like we only get our hearts broken or get crushed.
Speaker 10: There's really nowhere in the middle for us. That's kind of what happened anyway. I'll never give up.
Speaker 6: You shouldn't.
Speaker 10: But I don't know what it's like to just be good. I just don't. I don't know what that's like your teams.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it's like to have two eyes that work like never because my right eye has eight percent vision. I was born with it, and so I don't know what it's like to have a good left a good right eye, so I'm not missing anything.
Speaker 10: I don't know what it's like to have two good eyes.
Speaker 4: And I also don't know what it's like to have, like a consistently good sports team.
Speaker 10: I got one eye. That's about sports teams. Me with one eye.
Speaker 9: Amy.
Speaker 7: The other day, I was showing him a camera and it was so blurry. He goes, that's what my eye looks like. I'm like, dang, do you can't see anything?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was, that's right.
Speaker 4: It was a screen and I said, oh, that's what my right eye looks like. It was so exactly that, and I rarely see that. So anyway, that's that's That's a sucky weekend. That was suck sucky, suffering, suck attash. Yeah, but I'm new, you know, if I'm new to life Long, I'm a new Life Long.
Speaker 6: I can't keep up.
Speaker 10: You can. You get it.
Speaker 4: You can't keep up better than anybody can.
Speaker 1: Best bits up the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Amy nearly tried a stranger's food, so she turned this into a game for the show.
Speaker 3: But she was out at a restaurant eating and she really wanted this pasta dish.
Speaker 2: Well, a stranger offered to let her try it, and it turned into this whole big thing would you try a stranger's food?
Speaker 10: Number five?
Speaker 4: So Amy went to dinner and the table next to you had some sort of food that you thought looked good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I was curious which dish it was because there were several pasta dishes listed on the menu, and they had a pasta dish that looked so good. So I said, hey, excuse me, like, which pasta dish is that? So then they told me, and then both of them looked at us and they were like, but don't get it.
Speaker 13: And I was like, what, it looks so good, Like I really, I still want.
Speaker 6: To get it, even though you're telling me not. And they're like, it is so salty. And then they offered to let me try it, and I was very curious about it.
Speaker 10: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 8: It's weird.
Speaker 4: If a table next to you offers to let you try their food, do you try their food? Yeah? So making this a game, yeah, I'll.
Speaker 3: Make it a game.
Speaker 6: I had multiple choice.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 6: I took him up on the offer and reached over with my fork and tried to bite to the pasta B. He puts the pasta on our table and said, seriously, y'all can have it.
Speaker 12: We don't want it the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's a.
Speaker 6: Share plate anyway, so it's not like they were eating out of that bowl. So they were scooping it out of the bowl and putting it on their plate.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 6: I thanked him but declined the offer. D The server overheard us and offer to bring me a small plate to the pasta to try.
Speaker 10: Well, that's a good one too, So we're trying to guess what she did.
Speaker 8: M M, Yeah, it's pretty easy.
Speaker 10: Which one, go ahead, It's easy.
Speaker 8: They put it on your plate because they already are They put it on your table because they already said they weren't going to eat it. So they're like, if you want it, you can have it, and they put it on your table. You took a bite, I am.
Speaker 4: She did say that one with a little more detail, a little more umph what she gave that story because she defended it.
Speaker 10: No, No, here's how they do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so.
Speaker 10: Was that A that's B?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: Was B B?
Speaker 10: He kind of doesn't matter the letter. Who're kind of just gonna.
Speaker 8: Be She gave a little more detail about because they weren't eating off that plate.
Speaker 10: Eddie.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, I say saying, I think she just they put the plane on her table and she tried it there.
Speaker 10: The seriously, you can have the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what they said, They're like, we don't want I mean, the wife is pretty adamant, like this is discussing and this was a nice restaurant too, so it looked like they were maybe out on a date celebrating something.
Speaker 10: I feel like she's going a little too hard.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Now, good liars tell a lot of extra details. I'm gonna go that this.
Speaker 6: I think that bad liars tell a lot of extra details from good liars.
Speaker 10: Oh it depends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, man, that's that's That's probably what I would have picked.
Speaker 10: But I don't want to pick it because I think she went a little too hard.
Speaker 7: Okay, do you think the server would overhear That's the thing I'm leaning that's the second one.
Speaker 10: The server has to be close enough to hear it.
Speaker 6: It's an intimate restaurant, and if.
Speaker 10: The server herd.
Speaker 6: If I told you where we were, you'd be like, oh okay, bad tracks because the tables are close together. So that's why like them putting it on our table wasn't like a stretch, or me talking to them isn't a stretch, or the server overhearing is not a stretch.
Speaker 4: I don't think that it was the first option, which was what was it like.
Speaker 8: She reached over with her fork and got it off.
Speaker 10: That seems weird that I don't think that's it.
Speaker 6: Took them up on the offer reach over with my fork and try to bite other pasta.
Speaker 9: I mean, Amy could do that.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it wouldn't be an Amy thing. It'd be would the other people want you to try it out of their pasta?
Speaker 12: They don't even know how else do they want me to do it?
Speaker 6: They offered it to.
Speaker 4: Well, they could give it to you like a little on a plate and pass it over. Yeah, Amy, just like, yeah, no, I do, Yes, I'm going to go with The server heard it and brought you a little bit. The weird part about that, though, is if the server hears it and they hear the other people not liking it, they're like, oh, don't pay for this.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know how they handled their bill with them, because yeah, the if the server overheard it, absolutely these people probably would have loved to not pay for that possible.
Speaker 9: That one then, because she said, if the server would have heard.
Speaker 6: It, if the server would have heard the part about the being salty too salty?
Speaker 10: Which one was you already picked? D Which one was it not?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: It was not.
Speaker 6: He put the plate on my table and said, seriously, y'all can have it, we don't want it.
Speaker 10: Is that the one they picked?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it's not that one.
Speaker 12: Okay, it's yeah, it's not that one.
Speaker 10: What about the one where they said put your fork in it?
Speaker 6: You mean me taking him up on the offer and reaching over my floor, yes, and taking a bite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not it, okay, okay, So one are the other two options?
Speaker 10: You're not still alive?
Speaker 6: Okay, Bobby's still alive, we still have The server overheard us and offered to bring me a small plate to the pasta to try, and then also we have left. I thanked him, but declined the all.
Speaker 4: That's a good one too, because you might have done that as well, depending on the people you're with.
Speaker 8: But why would you decline it if you were so interested in that meal, like you want to try?
Speaker 10: There's fight, guys, we've already picked.
Speaker 6: I wanted to try this pasta?
Speaker 10: So bad?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, so so bad? What was it?
Speaker 6: I thanked him but declined, And I've been bummed about it since because then, also I didn't order it because they were so adamant about how salty it was. But I can't eat somebody else's food. I don't, I don't, I don't know them. I'm not going to eat off their plate. But I've been thinking about that pasta ever since, because like, what if their salty tastebuds are just off? And it was glorious.
Speaker 10: You did a good job on that one.
Speaker 6: I didn't order it, though.
Speaker 10: You gave great details and you tricked us and you lied and you won.
Speaker 9: That's a good game that was.
Speaker 10: I'm surprised you didn't take it. What'd you end up ordering?
Speaker 13: Not that what I get?
Speaker 6: Oh? I got some other pasta that the server talked me into.
Speaker 9: And was it salty?
Speaker 6: It wasn't that great. Everything was a little salty, guys. I don't know if it's because they put that in our minds, but like we ordered like sour dooaugh bread and it came with butter, and I dipped the bread and butter, and I was like.
Speaker 10: Well, salty.
Speaker 12: Is there salt?
Speaker 6: A lot of salt in this like everything tasted salty.
Speaker 10: The name salt, and then the restaurant, It's.
Speaker 1: The best spits up the week with Morgan.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 3: Was there a sign somewhere in all this? Maybe?
Speaker 2: So we were talking on the show about injuries and the ones that you should definitely go see a doctor for. Well, later that day, Eddie's wife was at baseball practice for their boys and she gets hit in the head.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 4: I just did a segment yesterday on if this injury happens to you, don't avoid it.
Speaker 10: Eddie's wife get hit in the head with the baseball. Oh it was crazy, dude, game of practice.
Speaker 9: It was practice, But I wasn't there. She took my son to practice.
Speaker 7: They're all six year old, so who would think an accident would happen at six year old baseball practice?
Speaker 10: Was she in the bleachers?
Speaker 7: She was in the bleachers talking to another mom and somebody hit a little pop fly la foul ball went over the fence, hit her right on the top of the head.
Speaker 6: Oh my, that's terrible.
Speaker 10: What did we just talk about on the show.
Speaker 4: If you get like a hit on the head and you feel any like sleepy oozy, doozy, you gotta go to the doctor.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what happened to her?
Speaker 9: So she just drove home like she was like.
Speaker 10: But was it a nod or was it like, oh a moozy?
Speaker 9: No not.
Speaker 7: She said that she felt like she got hit by a baseball bat and that she really couldn't hear. She said that. She said that one of the parents was just like, are you okay? It sounded like okay, like that yeah, that's this.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So then she after she stayed for the rest of the practice and then brought the kids home and she walked to the door and that's when they all told me, like, mom got hit by a baseball. And I was like, what has happened? And she's like, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired. I'm gonna go lay down.
Speaker 10: So have you checked her other this morning?
Speaker 9: No, she's fine, she's fine. She's still alive.
Speaker 7: But like, we have a friend that's a doctor, so we called her. That's good and so we made sure and she said it's okay. Really, the only thing you're trying to see is if you have any stroke like symptoms, to make sure you don't have a brain bleed other than that you have a concussion, which it sounds like you probably have a concussion.
Speaker 10: But you can't go to sleep if you have a concussion.
Speaker 7: She said that they're not going to do it, even if you go to the doctor. They're not going to do anything about a concussion except maybe stay away.
Speaker 9: Maybe just watch her, monitor her.
Speaker 10: Did you monitor her?
Speaker 9: I did for as long as I But it's a tricky situation.
Speaker 4: Is because you don't want to go to the doctor because that costs money. It's cost time and it.
Speaker 10: Was late at night, so it would be r Yeah, I hear you. And I just thought it was weird. We just we just talked about this.
Speaker 6: I know what if it's like there's a reason we just talked about it.
Speaker 10: That was a sign.
Speaker 9: Oh I didn't think about that.
Speaker 8: Amy.
Speaker 10: I check with her again.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'll make sure.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Abby had a really bad massage experience so many years ago, and so she's been turned off from him ever since.
Speaker 3: The guy was moaning he was exposing her in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't have been, so she thought, I'm never getting in a massage again. Well, the show was determined to make her see that massages are actually awesome, so they sent her on one and we got the full review from Abby.
Speaker 3: Does she like massages again? And will she ever go again?
Speaker 8: Number three?
Speaker 4: Many years ago, Abby went to get a massage and it was very creepy because the guy came moaning while he was massaging her, and so we didn't feel like that was a fair reflection of the massage therapy industry.
Speaker 10: So we wanted to send.
Speaker 4: Her back, and we did it without a sponsor, without a client. They didn't know she was coming. I paid for it. Amy set it up, and we sent Abby after the show on Friday.
Speaker 13: Mm hmm yep. Friday afternoon.
Speaker 10: I did see an Instagram story of the bed.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I posted a pic.
Speaker 10: And you know what that looks? Standard?
Speaker 13: Did okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing weird about it, No like leather straps or anything, because you don't know.
Speaker 10: Okay, So walk as through what happened?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 10: Were you nervous?
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, yeah, I was like yeah, very in the lobby, everybody else is just kind of sitting there and I'm like huh.
Speaker 13: Because I didn't know how it was going to go.
Speaker 10: A bad experience.
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, but it was with a female.
Speaker 10: So okay, so you they call your name.
Speaker 11: Yep, call my name. She's super nice. She's like, hey, get undressed.
Speaker 10: Do you get any nuts or anything in a little bowl?
Speaker 13: No, I didn't get anything, okay, but they were there though.
Speaker 10: Yeah, ye water, I love a little nuts. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: So I walk in and she's like, get undressed under the towel and then she walks out. I just for my underwear because you guys asked.
Speaker 10: Any music that was playing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, super relaxing. Was Oh my gosh, just like this.
Speaker 14: It was like this taking me back to a time, to Friday, to Friday. I feel like maybe, but again, okay, So then she comes in, she starts massaging, and it was amazing.
Speaker 13: It was awesome. Yes, you guys like, I want to go back every week now I'm coming today.
Speaker 6: It's like he realized what you've been missing out on.
Speaker 11: Yes, Like I didn't want it to end. And the last one I was like, I can't wait till this is over. Oh. The first one I did, Yes, I was like, when this is the longest thirty minute? It was only thirty minutes and it was the longest of my life.
Speaker 10: The first one.
Speaker 4: As he would push, he would moan that was weird. But he was also tickling you in an area that you said, don't.
Speaker 13: Touch, yes on the side. She never went on the side.
Speaker 10: Did you tell her I am ticklish?
Speaker 11: I did, but there was really no need to even go on the side because she was on my back. I mainly said my neck in my back because I have like tense, you know, in my shoulders. And also when she gave the massage, she would only lift the towel up the area she was massaging.
Speaker 10: That's the guy. Last time was just like all up.
Speaker 13: Did the took like the whole thing off down to my lesh.
Speaker 6: That's like not normal.
Speaker 4: I know. That's why we wanted to send her somewhere that they didn't know it was her coming. They didn't know this was a bit. It was straight just doing their day to day job. And there's no other creepy about it.
Speaker 13: No, And she was so professional it was amazing.
Speaker 10: So as a gift in the future, would you like massages?
Speaker 13: I would love massages.
Speaker 6: Good to know.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, that was sixty minutes. I'll do ninety, I'll do one eighty.
Speaker 12: Whatever.
Speaker 10: I haven't once the whole four hours.
Speaker 6: Her life has changed.
Speaker 4: That's good, thank you, Oh my gosh, because it's a really cool experience.
Speaker 13: It really is.
Speaker 12: It doesn't have to be like tense when you walk out.
Speaker 4: To me, it always feels kind of like if you jump on a trampoline for a long time and you get off, you're like, whoa, You're still kind of like, yeah, whenever I'm walking out a massage, it's not the same balance up and down, but it's kind of like a hazy walk.
Speaker 10: Do you ever get that?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I felt that.
Speaker 6: That's like a relaxation at its finest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never been for relaxation. I've always been for like bodywork.
Speaker 10: Like that's hard to me.
Speaker 4: Maybe now we need to send you because I'm fine.
Speaker 10: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I've been twenty times, but it's always been if I have a shoulder injury, leg injury.
Speaker 10: I'm just not big on relaxing.
Speaker 3: Here's exactly why you need to go.
Speaker 4: What I do.
Speaker 9: Here's what I do.
Speaker 4: I get in there, and if I did not bring and I don't, I'll take off all like if I have a watch on, I'll take it off for the most part.
Speaker 10: But then I start to go what time is it.
Speaker 4: So I set my phone right underneath where you put your face, so you put your face in like a circle. And then I can't drool now because sometimes you if you like it, comes out of your mouth. But I keep my phone down below so I can see what time it is, which is very hard because my vision's bad, but the numbers are so big on my screen that I can see.
Speaker 10: I always need to know what time. I just don't relax nothing.
Speaker 6: I don't like Okay, well you need to go have a massage and someone needs to take your phone.
Speaker 10: Away, and then well I can take my phone away.
Speaker 12: I mean, well, doesn't sound like it.
Speaker 10: I just need to know what time it is.
Speaker 4: Like when I was doing yoga, like I couldn't enjoy it because I need to know how much time was left.
Speaker 10: I always need to know what time, how much time is left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's not really a place I can go ever in my life where I just go time doesn't matter.
Speaker 10: Let's just let's just chill like that isn't a part of me.
Speaker 6: But it doesn't change. I mean, you know, the yoga class is an hour or an hour and a half, but I know how much. But does that make it easier or what's the point.
Speaker 10: Because I need to know how hard I need to go.
Speaker 4: If we're getting like to the last ten minutes and I'm not fully like exhausted, and every part of me isn't feeling the punishment that I deserve for getting in a class like that, then I need to go extra hard.
Speaker 10: Like it's all. But that's all.
Speaker 9: It's interesting.
Speaker 6: You definitely do yoga and massages very different.
Speaker 10: I need to know what time it is at all times. All times. Yeah, I put extra clocks in this room.
Speaker 6: I mean most of the time, the massage therapist or the teacher, they're going to be keeping track on that. For you. There is that case where I went got acupuncture and fell asleep for like over two hours and missed a podcast recording.
Speaker 4: So I asked my therapist to put a clock in his office that I could see.
Speaker 6: And what do you say to that?
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, so he was meeting your need.
Speaker 10: Okay, he turned it.
Speaker 6: I wonder how one day he's going to be like Bobby, let's let's try to just not focus on the clock. I got you.
Speaker 4: You might do that, you're saying, okay, let's just focus on me, not eating then or breathing.
Speaker 9: But no, no, it's different very much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but some of that's just trust trust the process.
Speaker 10: That's not a process I care to trust. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't don't. I don't not trust it. It makes me feel more safe and secure if I know what time it is at all times.
Speaker 9: When you watch shows, are you constantly pots all the time?
Speaker 4: It drives my wife crazy because I need to know if we're building towards the end or not.
Speaker 6: And if you need to focus more and get really.
Speaker 4: Into Oh yeah, that's a big one, because I don't think there's an episode of anything we watch that I don't pause it at least twice and not a full pause, just just because I need to see that where we are how much.
Speaker 3: Time a pause?
Speaker 12: A pause is a pause pause.
Speaker 10: If you just hit it real quick, all it does is basically bring up that bottom. Oh you just like make it the timeline okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I've never done that.
Speaker 4: M every show and some shows I know if they say like an hour ten, I know that the last nine minutes is going to be. If it's an HBO Max show, it's going to be one of those where they're talking about what's coming up next episode? What's and so sometimes I want to backtrack that and I want to go to the very end real quick. I have to go way past the ending and see how long that is, so I know how long the episode is.
Speaker 6: And another thing is TV sounds fun.
Speaker 4: Another thing is if we look to see how many episodes are in a series, the rule is don't look at the titles of the episodes, because we can't run what's coming up.
Speaker 9: It does kind of tell you that's weird.
Speaker 10: They do a pretty good job of it.
Speaker 4: Don't even look at the pictures, like we're just looking trying to close one eye and we're just trying to see how many number episodes, because then you know.
Speaker 7: If someone's still alive, like if they're in a thumbnail from like later in the season, exactly weird.
Speaker 6: We sometimes a thumbnail could be as exactly.
Speaker 4: You just never know, and why put yourself through that the turmoil trying to figure it out?
Speaker 6: No, turmoil doesn't bother me at all. I actually don't even look to see how many episodes there are?
Speaker 10: Are you kidding?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Also, if it's like the last episode, we got to have last episode focus, we call that in my house, last episode focus.
Speaker 10: And so there aren't really rules.
Speaker 4: I'm micromanager a little bit on Micromandal's TV watching ya, but she's like, I'm on the phone.
Speaker 10: You're on your phone all the time. I need to look some stuff. You need to focus on the show. So, but then.
Speaker 4: There's no phone at all on the final episode because we got it. We have final episode focus in my house.
Speaker 12: Cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no Bobby.
Speaker 10: I'm glad. That was fun though.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thank you guys, change my life.
Speaker 10: I don't know about all that, but.
Speaker 13: It's like the ultimate redemption.
Speaker 6: I mean, but think about it though, she was she had written off massages forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you know where the old massage places that you went to? Is it here in town?
Speaker 13: No, it's not. I'm in Kansas City.
Speaker 10: I like to send you all the way back to that one.
Speaker 4: Oh and see if she could track down the guy and see if she gets the same experience or if he's grown, he was.
Speaker 3: Changed, i mean passed on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys feel free to call us eight seven seven prison seventy seven, Bobby. That's our phone number, eight seven seven seventy seven b O B B Y.
Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Number two, A.
Speaker 2: Little bit of a bomb dropped on the show this week. We were talking about weddings and how people are more open now than ever to having their weddings sponsored, yes, even wearing logos on wedding dresses to get everything that they want.
Speaker 3: Well, somebody on the show.
Speaker 2: Admitted they're still pain for their wedding years later.
Speaker 9: Number two.
Speaker 4: So there was a story about people that would be open to having their wedding sponsored, meaning a company, let's say Sleep Numbers, like this wedding presented by Sleep Number and most people will be like, yeah, I take that because wedding are expensive. And that's not even the main part of the story, because there's something pretty shocking about a member of the show I wanted to talk about. But a new survey reveals that most Americans are open to letting brands sponsor their weddings. We had Sonic, they didn't sponsor it, but we love Sonic. We had Sonic set up things on our wedding that.
Speaker 10: Was so cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like on the way out, they gave us burgers and drinks.
Speaker 4: And they had they had their things set up their screen.
Speaker 10: You drive up and push the button.
Speaker 4: They had those set up up near a part of the house and then people came in on roller skates at the end and we're delivering. So that was cool. That could have been a sponsor thing. My point is I didn't care that a brand was there. It was awesome, it was super cool, and then he give us any money. Maybe they should should have been now that I.
Speaker 10: Look back, dang.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So weddings are expensive, is my point. They can be super expensive, let if you let them. And somebody on the show is still paying for their wedding after all these years.
Speaker 12: So it's not me, Oh not me? Thank is it you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: My father in law paid for our wedding, so then who he may still be paying for it, But I'm not.
Speaker 10: Ray Mundo, is it you? I gotta check with Phil, my father in law as well. Ray did have his wedding on Garth Brooks Range.
Speaker 9: That was awesome.
Speaker 10: It was awesome. No, it's scubasteve who's still paying for his wedding?
Speaker 15: What We're about to hit our ten year anniversary And I found out myself last week. My wife and I were going through our finances, just getting things lined up, and she's like, yeah, we're still paying for our wedding. But we're still paying for our wedding. It's like, holy credible, because what are you still paying for so and her culture she's Chinese and Filipino.
Speaker 10: The man has to pay for the wedding. To show that a Chinese and Filipino probably for your wedding. Yeah, I is how I'm getting told sense wow.
Speaker 15: You know, typically in the white people culture, usually the bride pays for it, the father of the bride and all that stuff. But so in her culture, we do at the show that we can take care of the of the future wife, and so we're still paying. I think the wedding costs about fifty thousand dollars plus our honeymoon, and then it's kind of been wrapped up into other expenses like having a kid a year and a half later. You know how life is it Just that's not wedding, but it just snowballs into all this debt and you have to pick and choose what you pay for, and the wedding has just been on the back burner.
Speaker 9: A brother, Yeah, yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 4: So what would your advice be to people who are getting married now and thinking about putting in twenty thirty eighty two hundred thousand dollars into a wedding.
Speaker 15: Don't put that money into a house. I say, still have a wedding, but just have a smaller ceremony that you can enjoy with a smaller group of people. Because even at that wedding, we were paying for it, but her mom was dictating who was coming to the wedding, and they're like neighbors from the eighties, and now we're going down to it.
Speaker 10: Hey, we've hit a point that we just triggered him go ahead.
Speaker 15: And I'm like, what the hell, I don't know who this lady is. She's like, yeah, she's your teetha for she's not my Teeita. I don't know who this woman is. And she's getting invited to the wedding to just basically show off her daughter and that she's getting married. So my advice is make it smaller. Put the money towards something that you can use long term, like a house.
Speaker 4: It's tough, though, because everybody wants to have that thing they've been waiting for their whole life, and they want to be able to share it on Instagram and have cool pictures. I'm not justifying it, But I'm saying it's very difficult to unless just in your heart, you want to have a very small wedding.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean you want to have that big thing you think you do and then here you are ten years later you're still paying for it.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know about that thing, but that's the thing. It's amazing, but it's over so quick. Yeah, it's like going to one night. It's like going to the casino. It is, and it's a party for somebody else. It's I mean, it's your party, but you're paying for everyone else to show up to your party. So for me, just the concept, I think it's just it's silly. It's like going to the casino because you're probably gonna lose the money and you're like, man, what a night.
Speaker 10: That night's over and that money's gone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So is it showing that Scuba could afford the wedding even though he's paying for it ten years later?
Speaker 9: Like the culture is like the man does.
Speaker 10: It because oh dang, you didn't meet the culture.
Speaker 9: Like you're not meeting the culture do you're paying it ten years later?
Speaker 10: It's like titah came, you can.
Speaker 9: You're proving them wrong.
Speaker 10: But I'm still I'm more offlow.
Speaker 15: Like you still finance houses and cars and stuff and you're not paying for it.
Speaker 10: Is the culture to take out a mortgage on a wedding. No, you're expected to pay for it, like in cash. But I didn't have the cash to pay for it. I was broke. Typical white guy, am I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 2: As you heard at the beginning of this episode, Lunchbox has been in California trying to get on the Prices right.
Speaker 3: He's there for several days trying to get on.
Speaker 2: But we did catch up with him after his first time trying to get on the show.
Speaker 3: What happened, What was his experience, like, did he get to come on down? We got all the details.
Speaker 4: Number one Okay, so I have not spoken to Lunchbox since we finished the podcast yesterday. We did the whole show. We do a second podcast up on the feed. I've not talked to him. I don't know what happened yesterday at Price is Right.
Speaker 10: I do know.
Speaker 4: We have not even Mike checked because I didn't want any indication of what's happened, Like if.
Speaker 10: He shows up and he's in a party suit.
Speaker 4: So I haven't seen him until right this second when we go check in our studio in Los Angeles, where he is now lunchbox, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Bobby.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 10: He's first of all, he's in the same hoodie on that flight.
Speaker 4: He wored on the flight, and he had margarita, yes, and he'd warred on the show yesterday, So that's disgusting on brand though. Uh, I don't even know what to ask you. How was your day yesterday?
Speaker 10: Buddy?
Speaker 8: I am exhausted man. You are there. Listen, let me tell you about my first mess up. Okay? Can I tell you about my first mess up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yes, okay. I don't know what's happened, Just so everybody knows, I'm leading him anywhere.
Speaker 10: I like you. We'll be hearing this as we go go ahead.
Speaker 8: So my plan was to be there by eleven am. I was gonna go back to the hotel, shower, get my tucks, and go.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 8: I showered and I'm like, alright, I gotta go get my tucks. The tuck shop didn't open till eleven.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 4: The tucks look good though, by the way I saw it on our Bobby Bone Show. Instagram fit good look good. I think Morgan had the funniest comment in the message. She was like, why didn't you wear to that to Cmas instead of a hoodie? I laughed at that one. Okay, So the tuck shop didn't open n till eleven go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So I'm there and I'm just pacing back and forth, going I'm gonna be late, I'm gonna be late. This is it. I'm not gonna make it, Oh my gosh. And so it. I mean, the lady opens the little the gate at ten fifty nine because it was in the mall.
Speaker 10: Hey did you not check? You didn't check?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: When I ordered it, I assumed ten o'clock because the store I was at was ten o'clock, so I thought they had universal hours.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, universal tucks. I've heard of that.
Speaker 8: Okay, go ahead, And so I go in there and I'm just like, I gotta go, I gotta go, I gotta go. And so I got the tucks and then I went straight to the Price is Right and I ride at the Price is Right at like eleven thirty four am, and let me tell you, I get dropped off. It's like, oh, parking for prices right, and I was like, he can just drop me right off here. Uber and I get out and there's some guy sitting under a tent and I start talking to him. I'm like, hey, man, how's it going blah blah blah. He's like, oh, nice, nice outfit.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: I was like thanks, and he was reading some books, so I talked to him about his book. And because I'm just trying to be talk to everybody like it is.
Speaker 10: Time to be a producer in the tree watching it? Yes, ding right?
Speaker 8: You have had no idea where they're at? Yes, because you know that lady called in and she's like, oh, there's no one watching you. How do you know? Never been? So he's like, oh, you can have your Uber drop you farther up and I was like no, man, I need to walk and just get in the moment. So I'm walking through the parking lot and I'm looking for signs and I oh, go this way, and then I see a blonde and I'm like, hey, you going to the prices right? She goes yeah. So we start chatting and then me and her headed off. Boom, let's go. We walked through the parking lot together chatting. She's from Dallas her side job and she works with the Dallas Cowboy. She's a bartender and a suite at the fifty yard line. She's on a mom cation by herself. And you come around the back of the building and there it is. There's the check in tent and I'm like, oh, boy, I am here. And I come walking up and there's a dude under there and he's like, oh, do you have a priority ticket? And I'm like yeah, and I show it to him. He goes, are you meaning to come for the Valentine's episode?
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, you are coming for the Valentine's episode though, And.
Speaker 8: I said no, and he goes, oh, the tucks. I thought maybe you were, oh, okay yeah, And I was like, no, no, I'm just here for the regular show. And he goes, okay, you know, yeah, you can just have a seat right over there, and you sit under this tent for thirty forty five minutes. Then they come by and they hand you in number and then you're gonna stay in that number all day.
Speaker 10: I saw it, number thirty five.
Speaker 8: I think was your number right, Yes, number thirty five, my lucky number.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir? Was it already your lucky number or was it now your lucky number?
Speaker 8: No, now, it is my lucky number. So I started telling people. I was like, oh my gosh, I can't believe I got thirty five. It's my lucky number. And they're like really, and I'm like, yes, this is a sign. This is a sign. And they're like, that's crazy. And then there was two ladies like, our number yesterday was the same as our flight number, so we thought that was lucky, but we didn't get on. And I'm like, oh, okay, well, so then you moved to this other seating section where you sit in the shade for a good hour and just sit there and sit there, and then someone starts the wave. That was gonna be my thing.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, someone pre waived you. Yes, hey, can you give me a favorite real quick?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I mean this.
Speaker 8: Is that better? Is that better?
Speaker 10: Did you do it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Okay, listen. Sorry, it was a long day, man, and it's dry air out here. I didn't rise it was so dry out here in California. And so you sit there for like an hour and then they take you into a tent. You go to a computer, fill out all your information, then you get in the name tagline and I'm like, oh, yeah, we're about to start.
Speaker 10: It is about to go.
Speaker 13: Dun.
Speaker 10: They take your phone from you at this point.
Speaker 8: No, not yet. Still got the phone and I am filming everybody everything, making videos. Boom boom, let's go taking pictures. You get to the name get your name tag and they say, do not you know, hold it, do not put it on until we tell you to.
Speaker 10: The name tag. Yeah okay.
Speaker 8: And the girl that wrote it great handwriting. She had fantastic handwriting. And then you go in this building and you go into the holding room and that's where they have an old episode this price is right set up. They have like a mock showcase showdown where you can take pictures and there's just a big room with people and there's music and it's just loud and crazy.
Speaker 10: Hey can I stop you? There?
Speaker 8: He is?
Speaker 10: Clear it out again. I heard him hit the button. What was going on?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I heard it. I heard I heard that one. All right, I heard that one. And you're in this room and I'm like, all right, we're about to go. And there they sit you down in numerical order and they're like, all right, you guys are going to be next to go in and talk to the producers. Do not move. Once you're done with that, then you can go to the bathroom get snacks. So you got to understand, I've been there for two and a half hours and i have not had one simple water because and I've been talking and I'm like.
Speaker 10: Oh my water to offer you?
Speaker 8: No, no, not till you got in this room. They didn't have water outsides.
Speaker 10: Never you could you have broad water.
Speaker 8: Turns out you could have brought water. It turns out didn't know that. I didn't know that, and you could brought didn't know that. I'm I'm a rookie. And so then we go into the twelve of us go across the hall into the room with producers, and he starts at the far end of the line and he's like, all right, you know, tell me your name, what you do, where you're from. And first it was Maryland. She's like, Hi, I'm Maryland, and I came back in like ninety five with my mom.
Speaker 4: Hold on, okay, hold on second, just just yeah. He's got all the leverage because we don't know how this sends. And there are times where he'll be doing this and I'll just direct him, like, get to the when you get to the point. I can't do that because I don't know how this sends. But we are going to run out of time this segment. Oh, so give us a get us up to a cliffhanger and the next okay, in the next forty five seconds.
Speaker 8: Okay, So they talked to all the people, then they get to me and he's like, what's your name, where are you from? And what do you do? Dude?
Speaker 10: That's the worst class.
Speaker 9: Well we know that.
Speaker 6: Part of it, but what we don't know is what he said he does correct, because he could have said he could have gone rogue and been like I'm a firefighter, No.
Speaker 4: I hear you, and that would have been And then I said, to their surprise, this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we knew that we're gonna have name and what he did. And then they looked at me.
Speaker 6: So I have a feeling we're not going to believe what he said.
Speaker 10: You're building a cliffhanger for him, and I like it.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 6: Guys, stay tuned.
Speaker 7: Something bad could have happened, something real bad.
Speaker 10: It well, it wasn't a hanger. It was just a cliff Okay.
Speaker 12: So he's giving me one to clear my throat.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 8: Look, guys, I'm telling you it's dryer out here I talk. I don't think you understand how long I was there.
Speaker 9: They have water at the radio station.
Speaker 8: I got water right here, all right. I've been chugging my water.
Speaker 4: You have They had waters since you left that two hour No, okay. I question, how did you feel about the other eleven people in your group? And where were you number wise in that that twelve I was number ten, okay, And how did you feel about like the nine people ahead of you?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 8: I thought Marylyn was fantastic. I've been hanging out with I'd been hanging out her all day in the lid.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do that, just do it on the air, because it just sounds at this point when you're clearing your throat, we might as well hear it.
Speaker 8: Okay, go for it. Yeah, yeah, okay. She was really funny. I thought she was energetic. She was great. There was a couple there were some people from Ohio. They had driven from Vegas just to come to the prices, right, and then they were going back to Vegas. They were a lot of fun and there were I gotta say, Bobby, so many custom T shirts. If I would have done custom T shirt and would have in, you justd have blended in.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a good cliffhanger, right there is it?
Speaker 8: No? Okay?
Speaker 10: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And was there anyone that you were like, wow, I wish I had kind of had their energy or their story.
Speaker 8: Well, Marylynd was pretty good. She was like seeing I think.
Speaker 12: He is I think no.
Speaker 3: Times maybe they couple up.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, we will come back, uh lunch and I'll tell you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll tell you why Maryland was so good.
Speaker 10: Okay, because she.
Speaker 8: Started crying when they were talking to her.
Speaker 6: Oh man, he's like toss because she took.
Speaker 10: A wave and the cry.
Speaker 4: So then I decided i'd i'd pee. Okay, okay, we Lunchbox will finish. We hope his price is right.
Speaker 8: Story.
Speaker 10: We don't know if he got on or not. I still do not know.
Speaker 4: In the next segment, give us a second, we'll come back back with Lunchbox, who is in a studio in California. So far as he's tried to get on the prices right, he's waited in line outside, he's been brought inside. He has watched an old episode of Prices. Right, he stood in line with nine other people talking to producers, and they've asked him, what's your name and what do you do for a living?
Speaker 10: All right, take it away?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so I just told him the truth. I said, I do morning radio. I'm here by myself. And do you believe in miracles?
Speaker 10: Did you say? Do you believe in miracles?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 10: What's the miracle that.
Speaker 8: I'm finally there? Because for years I was told I would never go, and I finally went.
Speaker 10: Yeah, people told you you you'd never go.
Speaker 8: You were like, well, you guys always said no, what's hold never to go?
Speaker 10: Yes, we can encourage you to go. That's the opposite of being told that you can't do it.
Speaker 8: Oh, so it does.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's all the presentation. Your narrative is you're the little guy, you're the underdog.
Speaker 8: Yes, exactly. And and then he moves on to the next person, and a lady next to me is like, I was here yesterday and I told you I'm unemployed, but now I got hired.
Speaker 10: I got a job.
Speaker 8: And I'm like, that's a better story.
Speaker 9: Wait, so that's really good.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, He jumped off you in like five seconds.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, so you.
Speaker 4: Got it at that point and not be feeling great because listen how we tell stories on the show. At any point there's a pivot and he's like, oh god on the show, Oh did you feel like there was no chance you were getting on that day?
Speaker 8: I didn't feel as great about it as I did walking into that room because I was expecting my charisma.
Speaker 4: To take over him and ask me like ten follow up questions. Yeah, like really, just be enthralled by you as a person. I got it. Okay, So then what happens?
Speaker 8: So then you go back to the other room and we're in there for another hour and a half. Oh my god, because it has to fill up and so they have to go through that process. And I'm I was number thirty five and they had to get all the way to number two hundred.
Speaker 10: So did you have a pretty good seat?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I was on the third row. Well, this is just the holding room. This isn't where you're sitting in the actual studio.
Speaker 6: Okay, see around the third row in the holding room.
Speaker 8: Yeah, in the holding room, and then people in the holding room.
Speaker 10: Yeah, did you have a bunch of energy in the holding room.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I was working the room, talking to people, dancing, you know what I mean, doing everything I could, talking to all different groups. You know. Oh here, you want your picture taking in that showcase showdown, Let me take it for you here.
Speaker 4: I was a photog minor in college, but making jokes, you know, lied about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why I used to tell the chicks at the bar.
Speaker 10: Okay, photog minor.
Speaker 9: You never heard that one?
Speaker 8: Yeah there that it's funny. They're like, oh you take her appy? Sure, well you're in luck because I was a photog. So they think they're gonna get some great picture. It's just regular, a regular picture.
Speaker 10: Got it? So okay, what happened to that? When do you go into the big room?
Speaker 8: Oh? Man, it felt like, let me see. I can tell you what time I took the video.
Speaker 10: Oh, here we go again his phone for times?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, it's not that long. It was at two forty eight pm.
Speaker 10: So you got there at.
Speaker 8: Eleven thirty four am.
Speaker 10: Okay, so three hours. Okay, that's not crazy crazy, but it's it's long.
Speaker 8: Okay, go ahead, it's long. And now you are not allowed to have water. Now you're not allowed to have snacks.
Speaker 10: Did you get water though in between that time?
Speaker 8: Yes, I did. I showgged like six bottles of water.
Speaker 6: Okay, is that because you don't?
Speaker 4: It sounds more like the Special Forces show that people going on Fox or The Price is Right.
Speaker 10: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: So then as you're walking to the across the lot, that's when you have to give up your phone. You drop it in a bag. They give you a number, and here you go, and then you walk into The Price's Right studio and it was freaking crazy. It was so cool, Like you sit there and then you come out from behind the back and you're in the back of the studio, so the stages in front, the lights are bright, and there's someone standing there and she's got a little microphone up and she's like, how many in your party? And I say one? And then she goes, you're gonna go see a list over here on the right. She's gonna seat you. And I go up and I'm on the far right, second row on the aisle.
Speaker 10: And where's Maryland? By the way, happen to see her in the room.
Speaker 8: Maryland was row number one on the right front row, right in front of me.
Speaker 10: Okay, awesome, you and Maryland reunited. It feels so good.
Speaker 3: Reunice on the isle two.
Speaker 8: Yes, Maryland was on the aisle two. There was only two seats, and then I was in a three seater and there was two ladies from Fairfield, California, celebrating the mom's birthday. They drove five and a half hours Fairfield's up by Sacramento. I mean, got all the details, guys, just you name it, I got it. Anybody in that audience, I talked to them. I got their whole life story. Okay, I worked that room.
Speaker 4: How long from when you sat down in the room until Drew Carey walked out?
Speaker 8: I felt like it was about forty five minutes.
Speaker 10: A long time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And was the energy high again though, because it's like you're at you're at a new level.
Speaker 8: Oh, the energy is high. You are cheering. Everybody's screaming, and they got music pumping, they got boom boom, they got great jams just going on.
Speaker 10: And Drew Carey comes out.
Speaker 8: Well, No, the guy that does the announcing comes out and tells you, and the producer talks about how it's gonna work. We're gonna count down, Drew's gonna come out, We're gonna cheer, and he was like, you may not be able to hear your name. So they have a guy standing on the side with these big white pieces of cardboard. Yeah yeah, and he flips it down like the one with the X and there's someone's name. He said, So if you don't hear it, just look over here and that way, you know, to come on down.
Speaker 4: So are they like, okay, here we go, three two one. They get the crowd going and it's showtime.
Speaker 8: Yes, and yes.
Speaker 10: Do you remember the first name that was showing on the card?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 10: That's what you don't remember the first name that was shown on the card.
Speaker 6: I mean that you worked the room, you knew who went down there, and you knew who it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were friends with Jonathan from Halifax, Ontario.
Speaker 8: You're right. Yeah, But here's the thing. I didn't get people's first name and last name. Yeah, I got their first name.
Speaker 16: And okay, I think he's playing his boys, you think so, I'm gonna make the prediction that he by looking at him, I think he's playing this right now that I think he got called because he's doing like, look at his face.
Speaker 9: He doesn't know what to do with this thing.
Speaker 10: He doesn't know what he's confused.
Speaker 6: Okay, even obviously he talked a lot and work the room, but you imagine if he actually made it on, like how loud he was being and that's why his throat is so messive.
Speaker 7: Gosh, great point, Amy, No, it's not Amy, Amy.
Speaker 8: Let me let me explain something to you. See a whole hour hour fifteen hour thirty that they are filming the episode. Everybody, you scream the whole time because they're doing camera cutaways, like all right, we're gonna go to commercial, and they're like, all right, we're gonna do it like we're coming back from commercial. So everybody cheer again. Okay, yeah, you're screaming and just trying to be crazy because you want the camera to find you.
Speaker 10: I gotta do a host thing here.
Speaker 4: We have like three and a half minutes, no boy, okay, so so just fall no, well, just follow my pace here.
Speaker 10: So the first name they showed was it yours?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: How many people go down the first time?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 10: The second name they showed was it yours?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: Yes, I think he's playing this though, you do.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 10: The third name they show was it yours?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: I mean we got one more.
Speaker 10: I no, you don't you have the whole show on the first on the first run.
Speaker 6: First run was four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Lunchbox, the fourth person they called, was it you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: The first round?
Speaker 10: How many people do they call in total?
Speaker 8: They call four, five, six, nine?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think nine. I think that's right, nine total?
Speaker 10: Even there, I listen because I did a little research. Yeah, nine total. Because when someone wins, they do someone else goes.
Speaker 8: Have to bring someone else up.
Speaker 10: Lunchbox, Were you fifth?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: Okay, Lunchbox, were you sixth?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: All right, we got three spots left.
Speaker 3: Just okay. He could be the finale.
Speaker 9: And he can say that he went up right.
Speaker 10: I don't know what he can say.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought he had to say like I went to Portugal.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't know. We haven't talked to him, Lunchbox. Were you seventh?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: We got two spots left.
Speaker 4: And not only that, if he is to get on the final two spots, that means he has less opportunities actually get on the show too.
Speaker 10: That this makes it more difficult. Lunchbox, were you smiling?
Speaker 8: Come on, lunch.
Speaker 3: He left, let's go, Baby can ask him?
Speaker 10: Were you.
Speaker 4: The eighth person called no. At this point, Lunchbox, there's only one spot left.
Speaker 10: Are you what?
Speaker 8: I don't want to be called I don't want to be called at this point.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be drafted in the seventh round the NFL because you want to pick your team, you want to bet, So he doesn't want to be drafted at this point. Okay, Lunchbox, But that ninth call did you get called?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: Some girls celebrating a birthday, so.
Speaker 10: You did not make it? Okay, did you have fun?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, it was a blast. It was so freaking.
Speaker 10: Fun, even though you didn't get called.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean just the energy and the excitement and the anticipation of my name being called. But I didn't get on and maybe, like reevaluating my scenario, maybe I was too much.
Speaker 9: He finally realizes it clicked.
Speaker 10: We had to stop because I tell you what, I get like thirty seconds. We have to get.
Speaker 8: Spot because most people had their phone phones away. I had my phone out the whole time, filming everybody, filming people. I'm in people's faces, and so I really, like, sitting down last night in my hotel room, I realized, maybe I gotta put the phone away. Maybe I have to just be a normal person and not film everything and take video of people and pictures and so, like, I mean, I was posting something I felt like every ten minutes because I was doing filming everything.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it feels like.
Speaker 4: And then that conversation was had with him, Yeah, sometimes you have to discover for yourself and he just did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, real hands on experience.
Speaker 10: He had a real breakthrough.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here's what we're gonna do everybody, because we got to keep rolling with the show on the pot, we do a podcast that is the same. It's the show just longer. When we finished this, we'll go live on YouTube and on our podcast and we'll keep talking on lunchbox about it. But I gotta go now because we have like restrictions for the live show.
Speaker 1: That it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: And that wraps up for me this weekend.
Speaker 2: I highly encourage you to check out part one, Part three.
Speaker 3: This weekend with Eddie.
Speaker 2: Some people say the episodes with Eddie are their favorite. Eddie and I have full blown conversations and I think we could sit there and talk for hours, So do check them out if you got some extra time. If you want to check something completely different out, you can go to my podcast Take this personally. I had the founders of datability on Jacqueline and Alexa Child. They created an app that is to allow those in the chronic illness and disability community date more freely with a very safe space, and it was a super cool thing they did, so check that out if you're open to it. And the Boyfriend podcast episodes are obviously still over there too, so if you need something completely new, there's that for you. And be sure to subscribe to the Bobby Bone Show YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show or you can follow anywhere on social media at Bobby Bone Show. Have a great weekend, stay safe, and thanks for hanging out with me.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 10: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platfas Bobby.
Speaker 13: Boom Show and follow at
Speaker 1: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.