Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and get Katie and he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: How grateful I am for the opportunity to participate in democracy.
Speaker 4: And my family immigrated to this country from place where there is not democracy.
Speaker 1: You cannot just put your hand up and run.
Speaker 4: And the ability to do this, to have our voices heard, to select our leaders.
Speaker 1: It is. It is a gift that sometimes we take for granted. So I participated means so much.
Speaker 3: Part of the I won speech from ELSI ed today as they finally counted the votes there in Michigan. And he is going to be the Democratic nominee for the US Senate running against Mike Rodgers. Did he get voted in because he talks about affordability and getting big money out of politics? Or did he cross the finish line because he hates.
Speaker 1: Jews, which I think he does.
Speaker 3: And which of those two things is he going to emphasize now that the general election stuff has begun.
Speaker 1: He's a savvy, savvy guy. I recognize the lauding of democracy as a good old technique of Islamists when they're out of power, big big fans of democracy. To themit it, they get power. Andrew styles of the Free Beacon with a great headline, al sayed socializes the Intafada. I thought that was pretty clever.
Speaker 2: That is pretty.
Speaker 1: Masquerading as a socialist technique.
Speaker 3: So will know today maybe is he going to distance himself from this Hassan Piker character. If you were a republic as tied to Candae Owens or Tucker Carlson, as Elsa is to this Hassan Piker influencer character, you would have to answer for it until you finally disavowed them entirely.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Every You couldn't do an interview about anything anywhere until you disavowed. Do you believe Tucker Carlson is right? That you know and go into whatever crazy belief? But El Sad was on stage with Hassan Piker night before the election, two nights ago, on stage, holding hands in the air, cheering stuff like that, this Hassan Piker guy is a crazy person, I mean or he I don't. I think he's a grifter. I think he's more of a Tucker's I don't think he's crazy. I think he's figured out. Okay, I understand how the world works. Now you say crazyes and you become a gazillionaire. I'm gonna say crazy yes for my side, But he says crazyes. Man, uh mertle white people in the streets. That's how we get housing, for instance.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, And I would like to add to the list of things you ought to answer for the various radical imams that have lent him his their support, that he's appeared on stage with hands held in the air, people who have vowed to, you know, wipe out Israel, wipe out the Jews. Nine to eleven was a good thing, you know, that sort of thing. He has regular associations and a good deal of his family does too, with organizations that have been branded by the State Department is terrorist organizations and terrorists supporting organizations.
Speaker 3: He was on stage the other night with Hassan Piker and they were talking about, with the crowd screaming in approval, why does anyone still listen to James Carvel?
Speaker 2: He said, one smart thing once so.
Speaker 3: One of the most legendary strategists in democratic politics history.
Speaker 2: But that was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Bill Clinton ran on ending welfare for people who aren't willing to work. Bill Clinton ran on, and I think capital punishment's a good idea. I mean, there's all kinds of examples. I mean, that's that's a long time ago. So the party's moved on from that by a lot. But the fact that that big break is occurring in one of the two major parties is again. Is he going to do the classic tack toward the center, you know, cut off some of these crazy people that have got him the nomination, or is he going to double down it. He seems like a double down guy to me. That's a good question. I assume it'll be the former.
Speaker 1: He will tack toward the center and claim that anybody who claims, for instance, that he's an Islamist is a bigot.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you have earlier? If so?
Speaker 3: It ended up being a very very close race, but nobody was predicting that. It was predicted that he was going to win by ten to fifteen points. So why are you on stage with Hassan Piker the night before the election if you're going to win by fifteen points.
Speaker 1: That's a really good question, totally legitimate point. This guy is clever and insidious. He is a socialist who happens to be well into the top one percent in Michigan. He owns rental properties, he's a landlord in three different countries, has a collection of luxury watches, and is married too. As he pitches medicaid for all, a rich psychiatrist who won't take medicaid at all, and yet he gets over because he's very, very clever. This is a guy not to be underestimated. Oh and one more thought about your a point you made just a couple of seconds ago. This reminds me a great deal of situation in Great Britain. The Muslim vote in certain parts of Michigan is big enough and important enough that you do not use the eye word if you can possibly avoid it, islamister or anything like that. It's they're afraid of that voting block. I would love to see. I almost don't need to see what percentage of Muslims in Michigan votvoted for this guy. And what does that tell you?
Speaker 3: Well, he's got some pretty to call him controversial is not even right, un America. Radical radical, There you go, He's got some radical points of view. And so I watched Mark Alprin's live newscast last night after the votes were starting to come in, and that the mainstream Democrat that he ran.
Speaker 2: Against what was her name again, I forgot her name.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: She apparently knew she was going to lose, and you know, they have their own county voting and they know all that sort of stuff. So she was she was The people inside the room were reporting basically that it was over, and they knew she was going to lose.
Speaker 2: And so she went on stage and she did not.
Speaker 3: She she did the we're gonna come together and stop a Trump nominee Mike Rogers. And Mark Alprin said that's a big deal because there was a chance that the Democratic part, she and Chuck Schumer who backed her, and Gretchen Whitner, the governor who backed her, and everybody else, was going to say, we can't elect this guy. He is he is too far out there. He's anti Israel. He believes in killing white people in the street to make sure we get more housing for BIPOC people and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Again, but odd is a landlord with properties in three countries.
Speaker 2: But she did not do that.
Speaker 3: She said, we're gonna come together and defeat Mike Rogers. So that gives you an idea where things are going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you can't underestimate what mobsters these people are. I think they are thinking, look, we got to get the seats, so we'll get the seat. We'll see if we can rain this guy in, and if not, we'll decap him. It's we want the seat.
Speaker 3: It's really an astounding win. If you haven't been following this closely, he was outspent eleven to one, twelve to one, sixty two million dollars against him, and thirty million coming from APAC and various other pro Israel lobbies who are really worried about this guy getting an US Senate thirty million dollars and he won.
Speaker 1: Right. Right says something about him, and it says something about the primary system. Hey, as long as we're on the topic, Michael, give us clip number sixty five. This is Hassan Piker recently. Poor people that they can they they can afford housing in Berkeley. I don't know how much.
Speaker 3: Well, my understanding is that the property owners who have properties there too, just not to rented at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kill them, killed those murder those mothers in the.
Speaker 4: Street, Let the streets, Let the streets soak in their red capitalist bloods.
Speaker 2: He was on stage.
Speaker 3: He was on stage with that guy the night before the election. How it's not question numbers one through ten. To what extent is this guy gonna have no contact with you going forward anytime he's interviewed.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, we're up.
Speaker 1: Against an utterly biased media and an utterly blind media too utterly politically correct. It's uh, it's not good.
Speaker 3: They pushed him some one morning, Joe this morning on MSNBC.
Speaker 2: I watched it.
Speaker 3: I mean, they didn't they they didn't treat him like if she had won the mainstream Democrat where it would just be a congratulations. So what's your message for making sure Donald Trump doesn't continue to be a dictator. They pushed him on lots of stuff, but not as pointedly as I would like. But he did say he said on MSNBC this morning, this lsad guy. He said, antyah, who is a bloodthirsty killer.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's the hell of a thing to say for the Democratic Party that used to be the Party of the Jews.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bernie Sanders has actually denounced one of the emoms that endorsed L Sied just a couple of days ago. As being just way out there and too dangerous. But L. Saiad is still buddies with them. So again if if you know, again, we'd got to remind ourselves the number of people vote in primaries, even like even hotly contested, highly publicized primaries, is discouragingly small, in fact, was it. Charles C. W. Cooker, one of the guys at the National Review, made the point the other day if you don't like the primary system, I mean, we could completely restructure it as political parties. They could do that, or turn out everybody vote in the primaries. Everybody pay attention and show up and vote for sane people.
Speaker 3: Well that's the election. Now, we haven't gotten that through our heads. The primary day is the election.
Speaker 1: Yes, well said, and it didn't use to be right. If you don't want to be handed a pilot crap to vote for on the actual election day and think, oh my god, I'm supposed to be excited about this, you've got to participate in the primaries. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Total, I don't know what the total ended up being, but when I went to bed last night, it was like five fifty five fifty, so about a half a million votes each there in Michigan.
Speaker 2: That's not a ton of votes.
Speaker 3: No, we're picking a guy that's radical.
Speaker 1: That's pretty distant turnout actually for a primary, but it's still very, very low. And I haven't heard anybody else say this.
Speaker 2: I think it's true.
Speaker 3: I think he's the most radical candidate for one of the two major parties in my lifetime. If I'm missing somebody, let me know who it is who actually got the nomination to be a US Senator as a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely true. Yeah, And I would argue that you are right based only on the part of the iceberg that's above water. The associations he's made, the endorsements he's accepted, the things that I've said have proved your case. But if you know anything about you know, the Red Green Alliance and Islamanism and that sort of thing, the part that's below the water is far far beyond the part that's above the water.
Speaker 3: So this is a really big deal. It could be control of the US Senate. Normally, all the big guns would come out when you get close to election day. Does this guy ever share a stage with Barack Obama?
Speaker 1: I'll bet no. Maybe for the reasons I said earlier, they're going to get the seat. Then they're gonna see if they can control him or co opt him, and if they can't, they'll they'll ncap him, or they'll try. So, yeah, I say Obama does appear with them.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Maybe at the very end he's rehearsing his speech right now, Michael, Wow, this is something, though, the most radical nominee by one of the two major parties for a big office ever maybe ever, certainly in modern history. You know, you can't say it because you get back into the Civil War and people that want to continue slavery.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It gets kind of complicated.
Speaker 1: But sure, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is something, well, be crazy to watch.
Speaker 1: We're not a Defcon two yet. I'm sorry, we're not at def Con one yet, but we're at deaf Con two in terms of a dangerous political movement. Wow, that is really something.
Speaker 3: A little bit later this hour, Ross dou thought of the New York Times, who made a bunch of news last week, because he's leaving the New York Times, he's going to be a correspondent At sixty minutes, a conservative columnist from the New York Times is going to work for sixty minutes. Barry Weiss's sixty minutes. Anyway, he did an interview with a nut job academic that is getting a lot of attention.
Speaker 1: Speaking of nutjobs, one of your foremost longevity hacker guys, who's been draining his son's blood what has announced that maybe he's gone too far? Gee? In what way? Sir?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: What talk about that? Coming up? Stay with us?
Speaker 3: I want to hear that next there, Ken should raise themselves. According to one ademic, nut job and bad news. Fresno concert goers, if you were going to see Air Supply and Little Riverband, it has been canceled.
Speaker 1: Oh no, are you ready to soft rock?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Brian Johnson he was a tex zillionaire. He's become one of those like leading lights of ault. No no different, Brian Johnson. He this guy is not back in black. He's maybe back to sanity. Forty eight years old's got more money than he could ever spend in fourteen lifetimes. He's invested in least ten million dollars of his own money in various methods of longevity and longevity research, health monitoring protocols, injecting himself with his son's blood plasma. Whoa while following a strict regiment of supplements. Yes, he's even referred to his teenage son as his blood boy.
Speaker 2: Well, I was about to ask, is his son an adult or not?
Speaker 3: I mean, does he get a say in whether or not Dad sucks vital juices.
Speaker 2: Out of him?
Speaker 1: Well? I don't know what the laws consent for that are, but he's a minor child.
Speaker 2: Hold still, son, what are you doing dad?
Speaker 1: I need some of your blood. Yes. His other stunts include sharing sharing detailed reports about his wife's vijj I can't imagine. Why tell me more about your wife's and the val volume of microplastics in his sperm on social media. He's his obsession with his own bodily fluids aims to preserve the fertility levels, et cetera, et cetera. He claims to have eliminated ninety five percent of the microplastics from his issue by spending twenty minutes daily in dry saunas while applying an ice back to his groinal area. That's all. There's more. Wait, there's more. He also claimed a week or so ago that he cloned himself as a newborn baby to harvest the organs. Just clone myself as a newborn. This might be scared to some people, a dystopian future.
Speaker 3: No offense to your journalism, but I feel like you should have led with that. That's a he cloned it leads to it as a baby, and he's going to use the organs.
Speaker 1: I didn't know whether it was a countdown or a count top anyway. And there's other stuff that does isn't wait a minute, right exactly? Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Yeah, you could have led with that. I agree, But but and here's the twist. He made the confession the other day on x formerly Twitter that he he says, well, he's developed an autoimmune disease, and he says, been thinking things over, and I wonder if I've taken this whole longevity thing too far. You drink, built an infant clone of yourself to harve it its organs, and you drain your son's blood.
Speaker 2: Having babies to use their organs is not a thing.
Speaker 1: Uh No, you are what is the word monster? You're a monster, sir, Sorry about your autom immune disorder.
Speaker 3: As people live longer, and especially among the rich, this this longevity thing is gonna get nuttier and nuttier.
Speaker 1: I've known some people. Yeah, speaking of nutty an idea so in insane, only a respected intellectual could hold it. Coming up next hour, don't miss this seriously, I'm sorry. Next half hour Armstrong and Geeddy. We didn't talk.
Speaker 2: Much about the media move that was made last week. Ross doubt that.
Speaker 3: If you know him of the New York Times, he's been a columnist for a while. They're conservative columnists. He got hired at the New York Times when he is in his twenty Still he's a he's not your typical like mainstream media, especially New York Times or Washington Post or whatever columnists. He's practicing Roman Catholic, very religious, but he's not a bomb chucker sort of like a conservative. He's like a I was going to describe him as earnest. Yeah, yeah, very much so. And his some of religious books that I've read or listened to him talk about are really really interesting in that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he's leaving the New York Times.
Speaker 3: Barry Weiss hired him over at sixty Minutes to try to balance out their coverage.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to see that, man. I saw some pushback on that online last week. That was just oh yeah, insane about this religious nut job will have had his way, we'd be living in a theocracy, being hired by Barry Weiss to further blah.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Well not only that, but they're afraid that sixty minutes might become biased. I mean, can you imagine.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right, I'd forgotten he wrote The Decadent Society. I loved that book, with a different kind of view of what the word decadent means than we usually use. And that's where we are culturally. But anyway, well maybe we'll talk about that at a different time.
Speaker 1: But sorry, I'm making a note that is number eight hundred and six on books I need to read back to you.
Speaker 3: So who is this nut We're about to hear Ross talking to Oh lord Jack.
Speaker 1: So Ross does these interview podcasts, and this one happens to be with a fellow by the name of Samuel Moyne, who is the Kent Professor of Law and History at Yale University, where he also serves as head of one of the colleges within the University of Yale. He is an academic super heavyweight and an important law school professor. Why don't we just go ahead and play the audio, then we will discuss. You may drive off the road, so prepare yourselves.
Speaker 4: I've gotten in some hot water for proposing we consider overweighting the votes of younger people or a.
Speaker 1: Saint Michael, stop it for just a second. I've got to point out this guy went to the same voice coach as the guy with the worst voice in America, kind of that Northeast intellectual, very ef feminine vocal fry e voice. Anyway, you got to get past that to listen to his ideas well.
Speaker 3: And I know we're not getting in to the content yet, but he just talked about overweighting the votes of young people like they are the votes would count more if you're young.
Speaker 1: That is his premise. That's correct. Listen to this, would you.
Speaker 4: I've gotten in some hot water for proposing we consider overweighting the the votes of younger people. Are assigning the youngest eligible voters proxy votes for the unrepresented children of our country, so those are edgy, why not assign them to those children's parents? Well, because there's there's a divergence of interest between parents and children, and I think it's likelier that young people, not people who are raising families will have the best insight into the interests of children, whereas you, if you were awarded five I think that exact. I think it's absurd to imagine that a twenty four year old recent college graduate has a better assessment of the interests of my own children than I do. And I say this with all due respect to twenty four year old recent college graduates.
Speaker 2: Of whom I hope to be the parent of in nine years or so.
Speaker 4: I think parents generally confuse the interests of their family with the interests of their children. And part of our goal, I think is parents, but also as a society, is trying to make sure that children aren't the hostages of their parents as much as we rely on parents to raise them.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a sentence for you. Wow, there's a sentence for you.
Speaker 3: We don't want children to have to be the hostages of their parents, right, and that.
Speaker 1: Children have a better grasp of their needs and self interest than their parents do. Therefore, we should give the youngest people more votes. Is there any society like you get two votes because you're voting for the children who can't vote as a nineteen year old.
Speaker 2: Is there any society in the history of planet Earth. That has ever thought that. I mean, you know, you picture Native Americans and elders and Asian called no f No. I did like what he said.
Speaker 3: Often the desires of the children diverge from those of her parents.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I hadn't noticed that as a parent.
Speaker 3: Did he say desires or well, it doesn't matter. Yeah, but what your kids want? Oh really, you want to go to Disneyland and eat cake all day? I hadn't noticed.
Speaker 1: That that diverges from my idea of your best interest. There are some ideas so insane only an intellectual could have them. There is a Yale law professor saying that young people should get extra votes. He is in including children. He children are the hostage of the family.
Speaker 3: Our education system, I mean, I feel like we say this every day, but it needs to be said with like exclamation marks and underlined and highlighted and circled. Our education system is so out of control.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: This guy is one of the most influential law voices on Earth, oh, the most prestigious law universities in the country on the planet.
Speaker 2: And he believes the craziest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is something close to I doubt he is textbook mentally ill. There are probably some plain spoken, common sensical descriptions for this somebody who's gotten so swept away by their ideology they're now completely unmoored from reality.
Speaker 3: Well, getting back to his first sentence, he wants to overweight the votes of young people, so the you know, two young people could outvote three older people or something, because they they're smart, they're wiser than us.
Speaker 1: And indeed children children should be in charge of children's lives because they know better than their parents. You know, how long was that. Let's listen to that again.
Speaker 2: There's a lot there, There is a lot there.
Speaker 4: God, I've gotten in some hot water for proposing we consider overweighting the the votes of younger people. Are assigning the youngest eligible voters proxy votes for the unrepresented children of our country. So those are edgy, why not assign them to those children's parents. Well, because there's there's a divergence of interest between parents and children, and I think it's likelier that young people, not people who are raising families, will have the best insight into the interests of children, whereas you, if you were awarded five I think that I think it's absurd to imagine that a twenty four year old recent college graduate has a better assessment of the interests of my own children than I do. And I say this with all due respect to twenty four year old recent college graduates of whom I hope to be the parent of in nine years or so. I think parents generally confuse the interests of their family with the interests of their children, and part of our goal, I think is parents, but also as a society, is trying to make sure that children aren't the hostages of their parents as much as we rely on parents to raise them.
Speaker 1: Actually makes the witticism that was partially cut off saying, in my experience the parents are more the hostage of the children, which is a funny thing to say. The learned Professor has no children as far as I can tell, No way will I know. It's surprising, isn't it, given his incredible insight. You know, I gotta admit I'm ed an r uf in kidding me. Spot yeah, mentally, emotionally right now, I can't believe this guy is gainfully employed, much less employed as one of the head guys at Yales Law School.
Speaker 3: Well, I came across astonished. I came across that clip a bunch of different places, being retweeted by people I like, like Joanah Goldberg said, congratulations on Ross and Ross for engaging him in the conversation. I think I would have just hit him in the head with the microphone, you know, just like you are a numbnuts. But so that thing at the end distracted me. We don't want kids to be the hostages of their parents. But that sentence before that, with the the kids understand their interests better than the people in charge of the family or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But what what does that even mean?
Speaker 3: So that's that thing you always talk about with college professors who think the nuclear family is a negative.
Speaker 1: So it's an it's an organ of oppression.
Speaker 2: So most of us.
Speaker 3: The family unit is, you know, that's kind of the highest everything, and he thinks that gets in the way of the best interests of the kids, which is so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I could parse more of what he said, but at this point I feel like I'm listening to the rantings of a madman and my uh my patience is limited.
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't be bothered really at all if he's just I don't know, he's just some online guy that you know, got a PhD in something weird.
Speaker 2: But he's one of the most important law schools in the.
Speaker 1: World, number one law school in America.
Speaker 3: It's our nobody like him should be able to be running anything ever teaching kids, and.
Speaker 2: He's at like the highest level of it.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna tell you to say I told you so. But if any of you thought old Joe Getty ranting about how completely insane our university systems have become, you know what, a riten apology would be great.
Speaker 3: God, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I know it's crazy. You know what else is crazy? Jack? You love your dog, but you don't give them everything they need. Nutritionally speaking, their food is probably okay, but it's not great. And that's why thousands of dog lovers have added rough greens on top of what they're already feeding. Their dogs has live probiotics, enzymes, omega oils, and over twenty vitamins and minerals.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I think dogs votes should count more than people's votes, because there's a divergence between what the dog wants and what the owners of the dogs want.
Speaker 1: The dog knows its needs better than you do, right as it eats and other animals crap in the yard for instances.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many enzymes are in that, but if you get rough Greens and sprinkle it on your current dog's food, there'll be all kinds of good stuff that will be healthy for your dog life. Probatics, enzymes, omego Oil's that sort of stuff, and you can try it for free. Jumpstart trial bag free, just cover the shipping. Go to our Roughgreens dot com Roughgreens dot co com and use the code Armstrong's America's number one dog supplement. All natural maid in the USA are uff Greens dot com. Use that discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens makes any dog food better. Where did we have the common sense conversation? Now or two kind of fits in with that. So this is a guy that's got so much education that he ignores what he sees around him, because I would think that he would look around him and realize that twenty one year olds often have really distorted wrong views of the world because of their lack of life experience, not their fault.
Speaker 1: I did too.
Speaker 3: Whereas somebody who's fifty years old and has had multiple jobs and raised kids and paid taxes. All this sort of stuff has all kinds of insights that a twenty year old does not have.
Speaker 1: Friends did seen every scam, political and otherwise that's come down the pike and recognizes them and thinks, oh, I know that one. No, a twenty something, you know, Ross does that. At one point said with all due respect to twenty four year old recent college graduates. And I thought that was one of the most ironic uses of that phrase I've ever heard. How much respect is do them exactly? Not? Anyway? Yeah, you know, one of the reasons I soured on academia, and it had some role in me not going to law school, was that I realized in academia you you spin a line of bull crap, and it's sometimes it's it's truth and exploring science or coming to great you know, you know, realizations about humankind, but often it's just crap. And your career depends on you reinforcing your bull crap and making it more complicated, writing books about it, selling it to other people, convincing your undergrads, having grad assistants who help you perpetuate your bull crap, which when if it is exposed to the real world for like a day, it would wither because it's crap. Here's crap, it's crap, It's crap. That's my point precisely. And this guy has spun one of the more ridiculous lines of bull crap I've ever heard in my life. He has attained great heights of academia. People probably tremble in his presence. He's so important and he is completely divorced from reality.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure if he gives you the nod for a job or a position in another college or something like that, it's among the most important things that could happen to you.
Speaker 1: Well, if he writes your letter of recommendation as you're applying for law jobs, as my daughter is right now, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's everybody do an experiment this weekend.
Speaker 3: Let your kids be in charge of everything, what you do, where you go, how you spend your money, what you eat.
Speaker 2: Then see how it goes.
Speaker 1: They know better than you do. You a presser, get out of their way.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: I must correct the record. I have done further research. Professor Moyne does have two daughters. That doesn't make him less crazy. That makes him more crazy. So he is clinging to his academic ideas in the face of all reality. Wow. If you didn't hear last segment, grab it via podcast. I'm Strong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: So I did my first ever emotional investing yesterday. I've never invested emotionally. I've only invested kind of spread everything out or this seems like a good idea. I went with some SpaceX stock just because I like Elon, I like the things he's talking about. It's purely emotional. I mean, if I were going to sit down and if I was only interested in making max money, I probably this wouldn't be the decision I'm making. This is purely a I'm rooting for you sort of thing, right, And I'll see if I think it was a good idea ten years from now, if it was a dumb idea or whatever.
Speaker 2: And not a lot. But anyway, So I was looking at some of the.
Speaker 3: Big wins that have happened in recent years with some of these tech companies, and I wish i'd recognizes the time. For instance, Apple, when the iPhone came out, I remember talking about it, you and I both talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's like, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: So why did nine ers so if you had to put ten k into Apple two thousand and seven when the iPhone came out.
Speaker 1: La la la la, la, la la la.
Speaker 2: In ten years, it increased fifteen times. She'd had one hundred and fifty grand.
Speaker 3: I mean, and what an obvious game changing product, right Tesla. Loved Tesla when I first got when I thought this is really really something. Who knows where it's going now that it's a robot company. But if you'd done that when it first came on the season scene and got going twenty one times in ten years, so your ten grand turns into you know, twoenty grand. Amazon similar sort of amazing thing once it got going, although I don't know when you would have picked the start date for that one, not as clear because Amazon was a But Nvidia, if you had jumped into Nvidia ten years ago, twenty sixteen, right at the AI boom when they were talking about being the best chip out there, one hundred and fifty times your investment over the last decade, your ten grand to be you know somewhere between a million four and a million five, depending on when you cash out on one of these days, because it goes up and down a lot, and that something good Lord, people can and do lose money. What Now you know SpaceX is either going to turn into something great and he's gonna put those data centers in the sky and AI is going to rule the world.
Speaker 2: And he's the one that thought of it first.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna get the Mars and I'm I'm more into the like I invested in us getting to Mars than I am any money turn around early. But or he's gonna decide, you know what, I'm more interested in. Who knows what he'll deciet he's interested in, and he'll abandon SpaceX and put all his thoughts into Twitter, you know, another social media account.
Speaker 2: Now I care about entertainment news. Elon's kind of flighty like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Uh, the Elon effect is real things stock experts talk about. If he's involved in it, people think I'll better, it'll work out, right. He had a Warren buffett Ish faith in him. Well it's a different sort, but yeah, it's I'm a big fan. I'm sorry, I was just daydreaming about back when if you add a tesla, people will say, well, you liberal pussy, and then a few years later it's you conservative fascist.
Speaker 2: What's the matter with you.
Speaker 3: Can everybody just chill the hell out. I have had that experience myself. Yes, driving a Tesla. I went from being a liberal wooss, I thought you were a better guy than that, to a Nazi fascist.
Speaker 2: I thought you were a better guy than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, driving the same product. Yeah, Yeah, that's kind of hilarious in a way. Yeah, or terrifying. The voice. I remember I was a teenager when I first heard the expression about the voice of reason and the howling mob and how the voice or reason doesn't have a chance, and I thought, oh, that's probably true and horrifying, and it is true. So why populism is such a complicated thing? Anyway? More on that and many other things.
Speaker 2: We do four hours of this every day.
Speaker 3: If you've ever missed a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, you should subscribe will be fed to you automatically.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty