Speaker 1: Yo, what's that in the yard. It's Mario. Check me out right here on a bootleg cav podcast. You don't want to miss this one. Boutlet Cap Podcast, Boutlet Cap Show special guests in here. I got Mario. Yeah, yeah, Mario Yeah. Boutlet Care Podcast, Bluelet Cap Show special guests. My man, come on a long time, man, even though you've been doing this ship too long, you already know.
Speaker 2: Man, you man, I'm so good, bro, I'm so blessed, man, I'm so I'm just I'm lit right now.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It's a lot going on, team winning, we were moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I've been love working. It's the output of music, thank you. You've been putting out music, consistently, putting out quality music, which you've always done throughout your career. But I just, you know, I feel like you've just been on your ship bro, the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Like, no, definitely, it's definitely been like a you know, a building brick brick by brick process, you know, to a bigger picture that we have in terms of just like read resurfacing the brand fully you know of Mario.
Speaker 1: Do you kind of look at like what happened because I feel like when I think of the pandemic, I think of verses, and when I think of verses, I think of a few things. I think a Jadakiss showing people that you really got to be able to rap, right, And then I think about you showing people, no, you got to be able to sing if you can hang with me, like for real scene like you you smoked the Marion and that versus respectful because Mario's a legend, but you smoked them. Obviously you gotta hear records, but you also were like there's no antics involved. Like I'm just gonna say, raw, bro, it's raw. You know what I'm saying. It's talent the same way I came in the game. You know what I'm saying, the same one.
Speaker 2: I'm just refined, you know what I'm saying, the same young dude y'all fell in love with singing justin friend and break my head. You're like, yo, why why park kid? You know what I'm saying, It's just refined, man, And I think Versus just really gave me a platform to remind people what that frequency is.
Speaker 1: You look at that moment, it's kind of like because you were of course at the time you were still doing your thing, But like, do you think that that was a very pivotal moment in terms of just reminding people like, hey, don't forget I'm here, Like.
Speaker 2: Of course, because it's so many eyes anytime you get you know, I think it was the biggest versus like in terms of viewers ship.
Speaker 1: I think it was the biggest one.
Speaker 2: And I mean anytime time you get that many people in one space and you're able to shine, it's a big look for you, and it shifts like people's awareness of what you're up to, you know, even though they know who you are.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just awareness thing.
Speaker 2: But I think it was like, yeah, it put me back into a mental space of art, like it's like now it's time to like really dive in and start getting back to the.
Speaker 1: Music, you know.
Speaker 3: And then since then it's just been you know, ongoing.
Speaker 1: Has your creative process throughout the years changed in terms of like when you're in the studio, how you're writing, maybe the environment you're in like that was it evolved like to where you are now for example with main one.
Speaker 2: Right for you outside it's I don't even know what was it like a Friday or Saturday, like me, Andy, Dre, London.
Speaker 1: The whole gang was there. It was a great time.
Speaker 2: It was it was we outside, Tiger was outside, and then we literally just go back to the studio.
Speaker 1: Mike's in the room, WAPs everywhere.
Speaker 2: If you listen to his second verse, you're going to hear like girls laughing. It was just And normally when I record, I'm in a booth or sometimes I have it out there because I engineered myself. But like when I'm working with people, I'm like, I don't need my shit to sound spectacular, so I'm you know, I'm gonna put my shit in the booth. But it was just one of them, and that those types.
Speaker 1: Of moments show you that you don't have to be perfect.
Speaker 2: Perfection is what you focus on after you get the votes, and you need to perfect it, but like the actual creative process does not have to be perfect.
Speaker 1: I feel like something just magic. Magic is magic. Some artists outthink themselves for your process. I've been there and then we don't get the music right and then it never comes out, and then that's different. Still don't have the detox.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's that's funny. That's different though, Like I understand that. It's like you want to when you're talking about somebody like Dre, Like that's like that's a lot of pressure, Like you want to make sure you're doing your best, your best work right, and especially if you're not releasing consistently, it gets harder and harder. The longer you wait to release, the harder it gets to pick that perfect record or that perfect project. And so I've just been taking chances lately and just having fun. I just feel like I'm having fun again, like most important.
Speaker 1: Funny probably got into it. It's just fun exactly now it's been it's been dope to see for you.
Speaker 2: We've been getting singles. Yeah, is there an album on the way. It's definitely an album on the way. Okay, I haven't started it yet. I mean I got over two thousand and three thousand records in a hard drive, but Jesus, I don't feel like I started on the album yet. Like the Tupac of R and B with your unreleased ship.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was just my boy. My DJ was telling me. He was like, YO, just send me all your records and let me put together an.
Speaker 1: Album, Like let me seek with I was like, that could be fun. Actually, I could be fun.
Speaker 2: That could be dope, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, I haven't. I haven't started on the project yet. So there's gonna be one more single after this one, and then there's gonna be tour single, another single, tour, one more single, and then a project. Like I'm really sit down to work on music, so tell me about the tour. So the tour. Neo hit me a couple of months ago, you know, He's like, I'm doing this tour. He's one of my last major projects. I'm putting out on a tour. I want you to be on this Champagne and Roses tour with me. I was like, all right, it's a short tour. It's short and sweet, but it's fired me and him and Robin think. I feel like we all have overlapping audiences for sure, And I just feel like it's a lot of classics records being sung on that tour, you know, and it's a great army tour.
Speaker 1: So and all all of you guys that think are single, right, No, No, it's actually the opposite. I don't know. Outside though, I'm not trying to, like I don't know Neo's business, but I know we got divorced recently. And then I think Robert Man, Neo. Man. All I'm saying is that those those listen, those backstage outside, man, we outside and it's lit. Life is good man.
Speaker 2: I think like I think when it comes to like being an artist and being in relationship, I'm private with my ship. I just I don't want people to see when I fuck up.
Speaker 1: So you're private, you're in a committee.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you that I'm private with my life because if I fuck up.
Speaker 1: I don't want nobody to know. I respect that, and then I'm not about to put me on like trade room or whatever. Well you have to have that. Did you see God bless the soul man shot out a little meat man he got costs ring cam which I won't suck up. Did you see like cheat h Did you see what happened with little meetings man? He had to see the invisible groceries. I saw the invisible groceries. Man.
Speaker 2: I think that somebody what happened was because this happened to me before.
Speaker 1: What happened was somebody.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Photo shop the groceries out of his hand.
Speaker 1: You're probably right, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, he had a grocery and like listens like nah man to find groceries, Like maybe he had a candy bar in his pocket that he was helping that young lady obviously his cousin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Summer Walker Man's he's a legend. She's she's fired me. She's a young goat. You know, he doing his thing. It's it's stuff out here.
Speaker 1: I don't know you I love Yeah. I watched it a few times. I haven't watched it. I haven't gotten into it. I don't watch a lot of TV like that so fun. I ain't got no watch TV like you. All Right, it's hard.
Speaker 2: For me to like sit and binge watch anything. Bro right now, I'm like so like in this mode of like all right create Yeah, just like just working literally on the road all the time. Every weekend I'm out of tail. If I'm not out of town, I'm like doing some other ship to prepare for something else.
Speaker 1: Like it's just you know, I don't really have time to watch TV. What's the last show you did? Binge watch? The last show I did been watched? Was you? I like crazy ship? Some crazy shit.
Speaker 2: I like twisted dark ship that has something some beautiful like silver lining in between it.
Speaker 1: I just like that because it's not my life. Have you ever been you level obsessed with a female in your life every time?
Speaker 2: Well not, I'm a I'm an obsessive type of dude. Ain't gonna lie like I like, I obsessed over what I love.
Speaker 1: Not unhealthy, unhealthy. You're not like out here murdering people.
Speaker 2: Nah, get away with it. But if like, at the end of the day, I'm obsessive about what I like for sure guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's a that's a wild show. And then you know it's crazy if you ever I don't know if any of your female friends are into these true, true detective type shows like The Fucking First, Like my wife is into these murder mystery like documentary shows that are on Hulu. Yeah, it's all that gets played at my house. And I just feel like it's always women getting away with killing their husband, and I'm like, what are you what are we doing here? Are you trying to apply something? What's what the fuck's going on here? You know what I'm saying, that's crazy. So obviously you and Tiger recorded this together. Yeah, yeah, we was. We was in a lab, Wayne getting involved. Where's the Wayne? Do you send it out? Obviously? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we were just discussing different different features and bro Ak is like, yo, ship, what about Wayne?
Speaker 3: And I was like, Yo, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna text him because I was like, I just wanted it to feel like I wanted somebody gody on it. You feel like me and Tiger cool, like I want somebody if we do a third person, that got to be something like.
Speaker 3: I could goat gotta be a goat and man, So I text Wayne, I send it to him. Man, shit, he sent it back like four five days and it was up from there.
Speaker 1: That's a great turnaround. Yeah, I think it was. Was it longer than that? It's about four five days.
Speaker 2: I don't think he like, I think he's just so he impossible with this ship, like you mean, he's just I don't even think he writes lyrics now, he just goes he's one of them guys.
Speaker 1: Was this a swapper? Did you have to pay Wayne Hawes that work? Man?
Speaker 2: You know, business is business, but it's also love involved, you feel me?
Speaker 1: So he could use you on the Carter seventeen or whatever. Be fire Carter, I'll be down for sure. We're waiting on the Carter six. Let's go Carter fial talent. We all shot too. Weezy Man. Talk about your writing process though, are you writing down? Are you going in? Are you doing the melody first, plugging the lyrics later? This My writing process varies.
Speaker 2: It depends, like if I'm on the depression, I'm working with another artist, I'm moving. However, as you move, like if we're moving fast, we write like we like with this record, we were just going back and forth onlines, back and forth, back and forth like older versions of the record. There's different We're singing and he's rapping in different places, like it's a different but we's going back and forth with this record. But usually I do my melodies first, like I do. I like to do my melody all the way through. It might have some words here and there for like just something some spitball shit, But most of the time I do my melodies first and then I go back and then get the lyrics. Oh, I might just live with the melody for a minute, let it sit, and then let the concept come.
Speaker 1: I mean, the melody is like really like low key the most important part where it comes a hit record, Like you're not humming the lyrics, you're humming the melody.
Speaker 2: You definitely humming the melody. But what you say hit, you didn't say timeless record.
Speaker 1: So you're right. It's a difference between a hit and a timeless record. Like I mean, like, the lyrics are very important, but the melody has to be there otherwise, you know, Cannabis would be like the biggest artists of all time because he's a lyrical assassin. You know what I'm saying. Not good what you're saying.
Speaker 2: The melodies definitely definitely important for sure, But I feel like hits is like you could have a hit that don't have the greatest lyrics, but it's a hit for right now.
Speaker 1: Might we got some of those right now? What I'm saying, Yeah, we got some of those. What is this box? What's going on here? It's just drugs in there? Weed, It's just we I see. So King Palm is our sponsor and they have these giant leafs and there's weed inside. Oh this is an actual blood. Yeah wow, yeah, it's weed. It's crazy. Shout to King pom Man. Make sure you go get you some King pom. Also, while we're doing this, might as well shots of blue cheo. If you ever have any issues with your situation, you could use a blue choo. Man, I'm good, I know, but if you wanted to use a blue cheo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you're.
Speaker 1: Dealing with the rectile dysfunction. You use the promo codeboo. You get a month for free. You know it's crazy. Maybe you're a little drunk after the club. Little little little whiskey. They could happen. It's happened at me at least.
Speaker 2: Yea that happens to me in the past. I stopped drinking. I stopped drinking four months ago.
Speaker 3: Happens in the past, but it's still it still work out.
Speaker 1: But it works enough. You just you just gotta have it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Your shit gotta be feel me, so that even when it ain't all the way, it's still doing well.
Speaker 1: Not everyone's blessed like that, but everyone's at the doubt like you, sir.
Speaker 2: At the same time, it's like it's like, yo, I promise you like I never I don't think I ever tried anything that makes me last long, and no ship like that.
Speaker 1: But you never had a gas station pill or a honeypacker. Nah, bro, shit scare me. I'm like, what have you? Take one of them shits and your ship is fucked up for life. I've never had one either, just like it just looked colorful, and they just look like some I got this friend, his name is Silvan Marshall, and he always has these blue rhino pills everywhere we're seeing them ships. Yeah, he also kind of looks like a blue rhino. Oh, he's right there. That's Sylvan crazy crazy. No, I was gonna ask you what made you stop drinking?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 2: Just knowing this run was about to go in and I was going out all the time, And you know what I'm saying, So like, I look at it like I have to sacrifice. I can't do everything. You know what I'm saying. It's hard to say no too because you're doing Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Because I have to preserve myself. I mean, I know the run I'm trying to go on. I like the goals, so like, I just like, you know what, I'm gonna cut this out. I got my other little little tricks that I do, But like the drinking part, I.
Speaker 1: Could have no moracle. And then also it's like, obviously I was a lot of calories. It's like unneeded, bro, And you're about to feel like shit the next day, and you're about to go on the road. You want to be a fucking straight, chiseled up br for the road.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely about to get right, but I just like I feel like shit the next day.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Some people can go crazy like that and be like, Nigga, we're up at nine o'clock. Tell me about your relationship with psychedelics, man, I have a long standing relationship with plant medicine. I don't like to disrespect them my calling them psychedelicska because some people take that role.
Speaker 1: I call it plant medicine, plant medicine.
Speaker 2: I just respect. I feel like there's so many different healing properties in plant medicine. You talk about shrooms, you talk about paod I, d MT all day. I definitely think it's not something you take every day.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Shrooms you can, but sometimes you micro those every day, right Proctive the other ones is like, you're not gonna do d every day. If you want to sit with yourself and you want to kind of see yourself in super present moment outside of time and space. Like for me, I think taking plant medicine reminds you where you who you are, beyond the physical.
Speaker 1: Right and and therapy. It could also be therapy.
Speaker 2: It's deep therapy, deep therapy with yourself that nobody else can help you with. You just have to be ready to face yourself. Honestly speaking, I wish that my mother would have taken ayahuasca or some of these plant medicine.
Speaker 1: It would helped it with her addiction. I'm sure one thousand I feel the same way about people known that I would have. That's something I definitely would have. There's people in my life who like I was growing up with, like my family members, and I'm like, damn, like if I had to, you know, I got family members of overdose and been through all.
Speaker 2: That shit too, So it's like damn, Like I just think, right now, even if you don't take medicine, right now is the time to just expand your horizons as a being. You know, we are faced we in a spiritual war right now, so it's time to like really tap in with yourself on a whole other level. Because life ain't gonna get easier if you don't start to understand who you are.
Speaker 1: Well, they just decriminalized it in Oakland, San Francisco, obviously, Oregon, Washington, Canada, but I think the whole state of California's coming soon. I think therapeutic geta therapeutic purposes because people who have PTSD been in the military.
Speaker 3: Shout out to all the veterans, man, they could really get some one of my home.
Speaker 1: There's even like MDMA therapy, you know, so there's definitely a lot. Like I have a friend of mine who is probably the biggest degenerate I top five I've ever met in my life. And this dude did he went to Malibu and he did two days of ayahuasca. Wow, And it was like it was almost like a he said, it was like thirty years of therapy, Yeah, wrapped up in a two days. Because that's the what happens is that we hold so much trauma in our and our tissue and our poems and where because with vibrational beings, these things sit there and they don't leave until we work them out, and they're suppressed.
Speaker 2: You don't even you might not even know they even know they're there, right, and so when you do these plant medicines, what happens is it goes in and literally vibrationally breaks things up and opens you up, opens your pineal gland, opens you up so you can see and fill everything. That's why some people they have trips that are like not as good because they're purging all of this shit right that they've been holding on for years and years and even past life traumas and all this type of shit.
Speaker 1: So it's really it's not a joke, you know what I'm saying. It's not People think it's like a party thing, and it's like, no, this is like some real medicine for real. Like it's some medicine for real, exactly exactly like I think of, like I just betting all shit going on and all these people over these I'm like, man, if they would just legalize some of this shit, it would like change a lot of people's lives, because I think the biggest thing with addiction is like the withdrawals, getting people off shit, getting people like disconnected.
Speaker 2: People want to people want that numbness. Some people want the numbness. Some people just want to do it for creative purposes. Some people are addicts to it some people. I just think people would like to sometimes have some type of escape.
Speaker 1: And you can microdose before you work out, give you a little I never did that before. I go homies who are jacked and they will do a micro dos as their pre workout, which is like, I'm like, hey, that's good for you. I'm not doing that. But yeah, how are you feeling about all the new alien news it's been coming out? Alien? Did you see that? We got to stop the interview real quick to tell you about our folks at my bookie. Man, Look my bookie. NFL season is approaching, and you know what they just added that I love is that early cash out. Let's say you got a ticket and it's looking great, you can cash out early on that ticket. All right, I love it, all right. Plus, of course, my bookie's got the full casino going down, and if you sign up right now using the promo code Bootleg, they will give you that first deposit bonus up to one thousand dollars. All right, So head over to my bookie asap. Look, we're got an NFL coming, there's baseball you can gamble on right now, and of course the full service casino blackjack with the real dealer, Roulette, craps, whatever you're into slot machines, you could do it and cash out right on my bookie. All right. All you got to do is sign up with that new promo code Bootleg. When you sign up, trust me when I say it's a new account, they're gonna get you that first deposit bonus, all right, So go to my bookie right now. Use that promo code boot Leg when you sign up for a new account. Also got to give a big shout out to the family at King Palm, the official sponsor of the Bootleg HEP podcast. So I know ThM about King Palm is of course, it's all about organic, all right, No tobacco. This is straight organic leaves. This's the only thing I smoke out of. And what I love about it is they have these turping infused flavor tips and they're so good, the squeezing pops. This is the watermelon man. They got the dragon fruit, they got the grape, whatever you're into, trust me, they got it all right. They're available at your local smoke shop. You can also go to Kingpom dot com and use the promo code boot Leg and save half off, So fifty percent off if you use that promo code bootleg at kingpom dot com. And man, trust me, the squeeze and pop is where it's at. I've had so many people come in here and they're like, yo, you squeeze and then you get the flavor right away. All right, it's and of course it's tobacco free. It's a healthy smoke. So make sure you rock with King Pom at your local seven eleven, your local liquor store, or go get fifty percent off at kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg. Let's get back to the interview. Well, the guy na spent aliens.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just the old news to me in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I mean, I agree too. Listen, I'm nobody. I feel like I'm watching a cartoon. I feel like they're preparing us for something a little bit though.
Speaker 2: But the Hebrew word for leon is a being of light, is even involved being, you know, So it's like we are aliens.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like if you if you understand what's happening, if you really study. I mean all of this to make people just want to study everything, study everything you can so that you'll see that this movie that they're trying to play for you is not real, and this shit is all bullshit, and it's just I don't know, it's just so obvious.
Speaker 3: We are aliens, we're here.
Speaker 1: What do you think is you're calling Mario outside of music. I'm talking twenty thirty years from now if we could remember you.
Speaker 2: Not saying I don't believe in other entities that have been here and are here in the other off planet.
Speaker 3: But I don't believe how they're trying to depict. They actually downgrading what's actually happening.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. They're giving us the diet version. It's like, yeah, they're giving us the sugar. You want to tap.
Speaker 2: Into off planet energies, you can do that yourself. You don't need the government to do it.
Speaker 1: Just get to my washings. Have you done DMT? Yes? Yeah? What's it? Fun? Is fifteen minutes right there?
Speaker 2: Like eight minor least of eight to ten minutes. I was having sex. While I was doing it, I ain't gonna lie. I was like fully awake, like I'm bro.
Speaker 1: Sex on GMT. Yes, what's that like? Super? Like you're you don't really feel the physical act of it.
Speaker 2: But because it's your your body is not really you don't feel your body right, you feel everything you everything is just there's no separation, wow from what I experienced. And yeah, but I was still very much so in my body and very much so in my life body.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, yeah, I've I've yet. It was interesting, I've yet to do DMT. I'm a little i haven't done it in a while. I'm a little intimidated because I have a friend who does it, and he'll do it once or twice a year and he freebases it, so he does it like where he does it. I've been there when he did it, and I got sketched.
Speaker 2: I think that when you take plant medicine, depending on where you are spiritually, where you are awareness wise, and consciously, it's going to.
Speaker 1: Affect you different every time. Yeah. So he like was gone for like about fifteen minutes and came back and was like what he remembered because he's like, there's just too much shit coming in for me to like really remember everything. But it was like it felt like I was going for like six months and it was like going to work and living a life like in fifteen minutes I was like, this is crazy, Like I don't want to be somewhere for six months. Yeah, I mean anytime now that I do anything. I always said intentions now, but I do. I think intention is important because even if you're going if you're if you're doing it psilocybin, your intention is important because you could be if you're at the club and you're drinking and you're like, let's do some shrooms while I'm drinking whiskey shots and to keep every time, it's chemistry.
Speaker 2: Every time you're doing different things, you're adding a different vibrational response to it. Yeah, you're changing the state of it by mixing it with something else, so you want to have a different reaction. It's just like when you walk in certain rooms, your energy can shift the room based upon your because everybody has to macnt it Fiel three hundred and sixty degrees around them and whatever's in that field. It could be the person you was with last night, it could be it's so much shit going on.
Speaker 1: You gotta be selective for you let around you man.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you want that energy and you want to use that energy. I just think you just have to be aware. Whatever you're calling about whatever you want to happen, good or bad, whatever it's your world, do as you will.
Speaker 1: But you know, just know, speaking of the question, I was asking you, what do you think your calling is that's outside of music? My calling like just you know, if we're talking about I mean, I think it's to connect with like minded individuals who.
Speaker 2: Know who they are and has a sense of awareness above whatever's being you know, presented to them, so that you can create solutions for humanity. We can create solutions for humanity that may not be easy to do. I think that there's definitely a calling for all soul families right now. Like your soul family could be people that you meet or run into and y'all just feel like this connection with each other that's like protective or like yo, like I just trust this person, Like we have same ideals in life.
Speaker 3: We may be in different fields.
Speaker 2: I got got friends who are in completely different fields of music that I connect with that are just you know, incredibly powerful people and have special gifts you know what I'm saying, of healing or they may be great at you know, connecting, connecting the dots when it comes to solutions for neighborhoods or or inner cities.
Speaker 1: It's just so much.
Speaker 2: And so I think right now the soul families are connecting, you know what I'm saying. Outside of us getting money and hustling like whatever it is your your superpowers are, there's people out there that supposed to be on your team to do whatever it needs to be done when the time is I I think over the next few years, we're going to see a lot of shifts in consciousness, right and because right now the everything is splitting, Like so realities are completely splitting to whereas though you can be living your chosen reality and another person can be living their chosen reality and they will not overlap, and y'all can be.
Speaker 1: In the same space.
Speaker 2: Facts you feel me And so when you understand that, you really can live the life you want to live and not worry about being affected by all this shit because it's not real.
Speaker 1: I think too, like your story is very relatable to what a lot of young men and kids are going through in today's world because addiction levels and having parents that you know, my son went through that. You know, my son's mom was fucking dope fiend out for sure, like that. Yeah, but I feel like you have a story that like a lot of people can like pull like real inspiration from like that, Hey, like you know, shit could be bad, but like that doesn't mean that, like you know, you still can't get to it, like you can. You got to overcome. You can overcome your surroundings, you can overcome your trauma, you can overcome your heart.
Speaker 2: You're meant to overcome it, you know what I'm saying, Like you meant to overcome everything that you you see or witness as a struggle or something that's trying to hold you down. I don't think anything is trying to hold us down that is in the unsame room. It's the things that are in the same realm quote unquote that's actually trying to hold you down and make you think a certain way. Because everything that you can't see is actually working for you.
Speaker 1: That's real. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You got you know what I'm saying, You got allies that you can't see. And I think that that when you think like that and you feel like that, you believe that you're gonna get that support, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like I've always believed that, even growing up, I always believe that I was born with that in me. So that's why I feel like I've been able to sustain without family, without you know, certain people that were protected.
Speaker 1: I always felt protected. I still do.
Speaker 2: Even feel like I got an army around me at all times that you can't see.
Speaker 3: I just I feel it. I know it's there for you.
Speaker 1: I gotta ask which version, because you obviously have one of the biggest records of all time. Do we like the remix to Let Me Love You or the YOG? Which one are you taking?
Speaker 3: I mean, I like the O G.
Speaker 1: I like them both both. You know I'm an OG guy, But I mean, listen, Jada kiss on the reads killed him. It was t I Jada is classic. I was like with Jada was happening on all the R and B remixes this shit.
Speaker 2: Jada still he wanted the Coders Man, he wanted a coldis on this shit.
Speaker 1: I'm I like the OG Do you feel like? Because there was like this big discussion, which I didn't think was necessarily a fair one understood what did he was doing because I think Diddy is an R and B head, and didd he's also working on R and B album, so I understand why he said R and B was dead, But I mean, obviously I don't agree with him. I don't even think he might all the way agree with himself on that. But do you feel like R and B's finally kind of because now when I listen to the radio or I play songs on the radio, listen, but like you know, I think of a song last year, like money Longs record is like a that's a real R and B record that like went top forty, that went like rhythm like that to me, like is like a sign of like, okay, like R and b's kind of coming back in terms of like it being more popular music, not to say it's ever gone anywhere, especially.
Speaker 2: You mean the actual popularity of it. There's so many different styles of R and B there.
Speaker 1: Is, there's like sub genres of R and B.
Speaker 2: Sub genres, and I don't think it's ever really died. I think, like you said, it's just what's what became popular.
Speaker 1: It's I mean quo too, right.
Speaker 2: The play listens and the radios were more condensed, so you had everything kind of playing in the same spaces, you know what I'm saying. But then as as the digital crusade happened, earlier. When you start to compartmentalize things, now you put this in this compartment, it makes it easier for one genre to stand in front, right. So, but also it's just a lot more hip hop than being you know what I'm saying, pushed. But I think a lot of the conversation about R and B being dead was just to create dialogue.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it was. I think that's just like, I think that's really what is doing. And it worked, and I'm happy he did that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He's a pioneer, He's a goat in this shit. So who better to do it?
Speaker 1: We got to stop the interview real quick to tell you about our folks at my Bookie. Man, look my Bookie. NFL season is approaching, and you know what they just added that I love is that early cash out. Let's say you got a ticket and it's looking great, you can cash out early on that ticket, all right, I love it, all right. Plus, of course, my Bookie's got the full casino going down, and if you sign up right now using the promo code Bootleg, they will give you that first deposit bonus up to one thousand dollars all right, So head over to my bookie asap. Look, we're got an NFL coming. There's baseball you can gem along right now. And of course the full service casino blackjack with the real dealer, roulette, craps, whatever you're into, slot machines, you could do it and cash out right on my bookie. All right. All you got to do is sign up with that new promo code Bootleg. When you sign up, trust me when I say it's a new account, they're gonna get you that first deposit bonus, all right, So go to my bookie right now. Use that promo code Bootleg when you sign up for a new account. Also got to give a big shout out to the family at King Palm, the official sponsor of the Bootleg cap podcast. I really about King Pom is of course, it's all about organic, all right. No tobacco. This is straight organic leaves. This's the only thing I smoke out of. And what I love about it is they have these turping infused flavor tips and they are so good, the squeezing pops. This is the watermelon man. They got the dragon fruit, they got the grape, whatever you're into, trust me, they got it, all right. They're available at your local smoke shop. You can also go to kingpom dot com and use the promo code boot leg and save half off. So fifty percent off if you use that promo code bootleg at kingpom dot com. And man, trust me, the squeezing pop is where it's at. I've had so many people come in here and they're like, yo, you squeeze and then you get the flavor right away. All right, it's and of course it's tobacco free. It's a healthy smoke. So make sure you rock with King Pom at your local seven to eleven, your local liquor store, or go get fifty percent off at kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg. Let's get back to the interview. If you had to make an R and B supergroup with two other singers, who would you put in your supergroup? One album? Your T T what was the T t G T T G G? How many? How many genuine? Two more? Three? Three? You gotta pick two other guys to be in a supergroup.
Speaker 3: With crazy.
Speaker 1: Bro. That's crazy, Like I'm mad to say Usher and c B. I mean, that's that's crazy. I'm mad have to say that this is like, I mean, yeah, that's those are the two right answers.
Speaker 2: We say R and B and then like generations like I feel like that's like Usher is gonna grab a little bit older than me. Yeah, CB's gonna grab mine and younger. And then I'm like in the middle grabbing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But it's the text, the voice text in the jail verse from R Kelly. Listen, I ain't gonna lie to see you.
Speaker 2: I bump his ship every fucking day, every fucking day.
Speaker 1: I am very listen. I am not ashamed to say I can separate.
Speaker 2: The art from the art comes to an artist who has been able to make every type of song and have every type.
Speaker 1: Of Half on a Baby.
Speaker 2: Man, Come on, man, I believe I can fly to half on a Baby to you know, he's just the goat.
Speaker 1: He's but you know, listen, it's him a rusher because I went to Usher show in Vegas. Have you seen his Vegas show? Of course, I'm just talking about But but you can't compare them to Bro.
Speaker 2: You can't compare Usher R Kelly in terms of being the goats of R and B because R Kelly his pen I agree his.
Speaker 1: R Kelly's got the greatest pen ever. Probably he wrote for Michael Jackson and wrote for hit like Baby, making songs pop records like a big record like but you know what, you know what R Kelly never got though, I don't know he never got like an o MG. He didn't really participate in that. He didn't come out in at time. Nobody I was gonna think about it right well, listen, I mean Usher came out ninety four weeks. No, but R Kelly was not. He was not incarcerated in twenty ten when every R and B artist was doing shitty ed M songs. Do you remember that era? Right?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: That don't count as cheap cold ship.
Speaker 3: I don't think it counts.
Speaker 1: Like when Neo and Pittbull were putting.
Speaker 2: Out I can't world, we can't have the Darby conversation at that point.
Speaker 1: That's out. So listen, I agree with you for this. I think R. Kelly is the greatest of all time. But by king, in my opinion, I think when you factor in everything, okay, I give I gotta get it, I think it's got to be Usher. He gave me my flowers that the show shows. I just think Usher is like a like amazing. Not only is he got the classics, but he also they entertainment. Because I've seen ur Kelly live when I was a little kid. I saw him and I saw him in nas and it was great. It's different. I don't know, I think, but it was got to categorize it. I feel like R. Kelly was more like he was like more like when you watched him live, it was like kind of like watching a rapper. He had background dances right like as a performer, no fucking skates. Chris Brown's out here for superstar. He's a performer. He's like he's a pop R and B. He's an R and B superstar. We're talking about just R and B music. I have to crown R Kelly. I have to. I respect that, and I agree, and it's a lot. I mean, it's so many great artists. I think it's I think the three names that I mean and this is just speaking of somebody who was born in nineteen eighty seven. But then you got a crow CYB too. I got to listen. I was going to say the three Chris Brown usher ain't R Kelly. Yeah, you got a Crowsey B Man Like he's a Aliol I think he's the most alien talented artist him ever. I think it's him and it's Jamie Fox because I'm just thinking talent. I'm not talking about music. I just mean talent inside of a human being. Yeah, for sure. Chris Brown can paint a mural on a building. He can dance, Yeah, maybe all time great dancer, him and Michael Jackson. He could sing, he could write, he could wrap his ass off, he could act ish you know, he was all right, and then he could hoop, he could I mean, I mean listen. Then it's Jamie Fox who can do all that. And he's one of the greatest standup comedians of all time. Yeah, he's one of the greatest actors ever. Like, it's a lot of it's a lot of talent in our culture. Bro, it's a lot of talent. It's crazy. Would you would you ever do a biggest resident show residency show one day?
Speaker 2: Yes, I definitely would, for sure, because I just feel like there's so many pockets that I can go into. You know, I've done Broadway, I've done acting, I've toured, I mean, and when it comes to doing residencies, you really have time to put together a show and perfect it, Yeah, like a real entertainment show. And when it comes to that, like, I love that space. So I definitely would and I would incorporate all of my talents in one.
Speaker 1: Show for sure. Can you tell me how how nervous were you the first time back in the day, because I was just talking to my boy and we were trying to go where we were talking about how Roxy and Big Tig are very slept on in terms of when we talk about the best host of in part because everyone says agam free and I'm like Roxy and Tick did their thing too. But how nervous were you the very first time going on one O six in Park? He said nervous? Like were you nervous? Like? What was that day like? Pulling up to one O six in Park?
Speaker 2: I think it's more anxious because it's your peers, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like one O six in.
Speaker 2: Part, I felt like I was going back to high school and seeing all my peers. You go in to audience, they got people your age.
Speaker 1: It was like he was in the crowd. It's like you. It feels like a party, like you know what I'm saying. So I wasn't nervous.
Speaker 2: It was just more anxious like and exciting and ship because it is like I don't even know if they have they don't have shows like that.
Speaker 1: They don't like I just watched a random performance pop up on my story of Ship was fun. Man.
Speaker 3: It was when you when you went to one O six, it was like a reunion.
Speaker 1: It was like an event. Do you remember when Genuine performed and they had to tate him and he was like that little as stage they did all of that stag like a little bigger than this table, right, crazy Man's classic. So main one is out, It's going crazy, It's featuring Tiger, It's it's featuring Lil Wayne. Are you gonna have any sort of obviously, like you got three thousand unreleased songs, so that's you know, it's crazy Jesus uh, you already have the next single? Pick though? Nah No, I don't have an pick.
Speaker 2: I like to stay fresh, bro, Like I'm going in the lab and cooking for that.
Speaker 3: But these next few shows I'm probably lacking in it.
Speaker 1: Just would you ever reunite with the Yeo Scott start here for sure?
Speaker 2: I talked to Scott to week back. We got records that could possibly be something. You know what I'm saying already, But we definitely tap him back in for sure.
Speaker 1: I'll just talk to a lot of cigarettes smoking that session, Scott Scott's he'll smoke down them SIGs and then he's a he's a you know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: Were he in the studio with me? He don't really he already smoke, he's but he don't. He'll go outside of the studio. No, no smoke outside cigarettes like that.
Speaker 1: I see him smoking weed. I don't smoke, and he'll smoke cigarettes. I don't see him smoked cigarette. George is sweetheart man, He's a great guy. Yeah. I can't wait for them to make the movie about his life Crazy because it's gonna be fucking sane.
Speaker 2: I don't even want it to be a movie. I wanted to be like an HBO Max original.
Speaker 1: It's so many legendary. I want fifty cent to be the executive producer. Like the Scott Storage story, I could be fire because he had sex with everybody first. Everybody like ray J did not hit it firstologies got Storage right away. Say some shit. So look the singles going crazy. Is there gonna be anything, uh visual wise coming with video just came out video just right now, So yeah, we're going up and then obviously album on the way. What made you get back with the major because you're obviously back, You're you're with Epic, which you know, you in a different capacity.
Speaker 2: You know, it's more like a partnership and really just you know, Sylvia Zeke, you know what I'm saying. We've been talking about, you know, working for a minute, and my business partner and d a K. Three sixty five management, like we we decided to collectively go there because you know, we've just been putting I just put a lot of working on the ground, you know what I'm saying, and just like learning the business aspect of this ship for like the last seven years in the independent space, right, and yeah, I just felt like it was time to have an addition to the team. I love it and I like the I like the house over there. I like who's there. You know what I'm saying, Except for.
Speaker 1: Yah, yah, y'all need to put some gloves on. But yeah, man, it's it's gonna be a good run. I'm excited now. I'm excited for you, man. But look the singles out, go crazy, go support it and then, uh, make sure you get tickets to go watch you Neo and Robin Thick. Yes, sir, on tour up. It's going on. That's gonna be a fun content. Should be a lot of ladies in there. It has been every show. Yeah, every show. Go run that up. Appreciate you pulling up, brother always made and congrats on your and everything you're doing too. Man, Mario Hustle bo, Hey, what up? Man? You just watched another episode of the Blue Leck Cap podcast brought to you by Hardan. Baby. Shout out to the fan at Hardean, don't forget. Make sure if you're in Las Vegas, you get into that taxi as soon as you land to get into that uber, say take me to Hardean. All right. They gonna take get you. Taken care of the most craziest premium selection of cannabis you'll ever find under one roof. It's a vibe in there. The butt tenders, they gonna take care of you. Man, Listen, tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you right. Shout out to the family at Hardean in Las Vegas, the number one dispensary in the world, all right, and we are so proud to be partners with them, so shout out to Harden Go follow them online, Hardan Underscore Las Vegas and check out their website. Hardinlasvegas dot com. Get you some swag. You know you can't buy this, but you know, yeah, shout out to Hardean