Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross Big Dory mony, You look alive at Tostitos Championship.
Speaker 5: Plows outside the Ford Center at Starr in Frisco, Texas, where the sixty degrees, the high is sixty two, the low is thirty six.
Speaker 6: The fall has finally come. He is Shannon, That is Nate, This is Kurt. In the back is Chris. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy to other. We make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent people.
Speaker 7: When we speak, brought to you each and every day by wing Stop.
Speaker 5: Where I guess who's back, Flavor gets it.
Speaker 6: We showed yourself to be worthy of coming back.
Speaker 7: Randon cooks the number two guys, how is Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Kurt?
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a good time, good food, good family, all that.
Speaker 5: All four of the kids there.
Speaker 7: You put five following him for six years, Nate.
Speaker 1: That was yours, man, Man, I'm good man. Yeah, odoga okay, wait we'll get there in a minute. Jesse, how was you?
Speaker 7: Jesu give us a minute, I said, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. Oh my god, Jess, I'm gonna jump on with your boys. It was good man. You know what.
Speaker 6: We three of us here, four three of us, well, two of us on this show. Work on Thanksgiving? Look you work on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: You got right?
Speaker 7: Stories right? Yeah you Yeah, I was work nothing.
Speaker 6: No, I was working.
Speaker 7: I wasn't working.
Speaker 6: I have mine on on Wednesday. So it was good. And of course worked the game on on Thursday.
Speaker 1: But I'll go you worked that game. Yeah, yeah, I like. I like how you say that.
Speaker 6: We get to work the game.
Speaker 1: That's a privilege.
Speaker 6: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only for the Cowboys, for all employees.
Speaker 7: Congratulations to Josh this week.
Speaker 5: Okay, Joosh had the score twenty seven seventeen.
Speaker 7: Cowboys, So good job, Josh.
Speaker 5: I missed it by I missed you by one point four. Anyway, did we, Jess your stat of the week?
Speaker 6: It came true again, did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: One do Robinson did not.
Speaker 5: Have seventy five yards no Ard do you have a touchdown? Nope, no touchdown, So you hit both of them.
Speaker 7: There you go. The Street Lives Live on Streets Night. All right, Nate, overall thoughts on the game, and then you can.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, just make it to the ten out with you. I just like when I do Dog Person Out. I liked it. He did okay for the thirty snaps he did, he did okay. All right, Yeah, that's all I want to say.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 5: No other thoughts go oh yeah, man, overall thoughts on the whole game, Oh yeah, good, bad, indifferent?
Speaker 1: No, No, I just want to say this, for every game that the Cowboys win from this point on, how many they half left. If we can get three out of three out of five, you screw your draft pick up on Micy.
Speaker 6: Mike is getting closer. Freaking Mike, just get it closer.
Speaker 7: So you you think he wins three out of five, you get through out of five.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's better give Philly a run for the money. They beat us in overtime or something like that about seven points.
Speaker 7: So that'd be five out of the last seven.
Speaker 1: Man, Yes, sir, come on, freaking Mike.
Speaker 6: While we're on that subject. Okay, while we're on that subject, there is a path. There is a path that freaking Mike could come back, right right. The only way that I would be fully on board or freaking Mike coming back.
Speaker 7: I want to hear this Mark this Chris.
Speaker 6: The only he has to be the walk around head coach. The only way I agree, or well, not that I have any say so in the matter, but we got to bring someone in here of the younger variety, someone who is For example, if the Miami Dolphins continue to collapse and they fire their head coach, you want to bring theoretical, just theoretical, just theoretical. You want to keep Mike McCarthy. Give me, Mike McDaniels that your OFFICEI.
Speaker 1: Ave coordinator of somebody that ILK or somebody of that ELK.
Speaker 6: You gotta give me something like that where where they can come in here.
Speaker 7: So you go with him staying as long as you have a innovative I need I need.
Speaker 6: I need that part the innovation. I need the innovation. I need the creativity. I need the flat out stealing of other good players that come across this league. So they're they're gonna be a couple coordinators that or or like you know, controlled offensive you know, quality control guys or somebody from that type of variety. That is one of the pathways, because I do think I want a young offensive coordinator and I want a grizzled defensive coordinator. So I wouldn't be mad if you brought back Mike Zim Defensively, there's something about like I want fresh ideas offensively and I want great because because here's the thing, you can only play so many coverages and defensively right, like you either you're gonna be three four or four three right, and then that you're either gonna play a couple of coverages, you're gonna play man, you're gonna play his own. Now you can now the players that you get to do it can give you the best results. And I do think what we're seeing in the last couple of weeks is what I said in the summertime to have a new coordinator come in. It's gonna take time for these guys to fully be conformed into what he wants because he still has to know who can do what, when can they do it, how things play out, And I think you see a little bit more now of a good rotation that's happening up front. You know you're getting some guys back healthy, and that defense has kind of been carrying the Cowboys the last couple of weeks with Dak Prescott being out. So give me a young, innovative, creative mind, but give me the grizzled vent as a decordinator, and I'm okay with you. Keep in mind, I.
Speaker 5: Feel like Jesse has grown because of this show, and he has grown as a person, and he's open and receptive to things that he normally is not because of this show. And I thank you date for opening his eyes and letting him be helping him be receptive of things.
Speaker 6: But if you're not giving me what I want, I'm out, clean house.
Speaker 1: What your butt your but what is your butt? Le's think?
Speaker 7: I don't know if I ride with you?
Speaker 6: Boy got my back.
Speaker 2: I like what you're thinking. I'm not sure it's going to happen, But I don't think Macarthy's going to give up give up to play calling are But it's a nice win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good way to.
Speaker 2: Spin Thanksgiving joining a victory.
Speaker 1: Yeah you feel it?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Not really sounds bad. Stop feel like I'm coming down with something.
Speaker 5: The weather, the weather changing it finally got here, and I think it's jacked everybody up.
Speaker 7: So all right, question for you guys on is Cavante.
Speaker 5: Turpin now no longer just a return specialist and a gadget guy. Is he a legitimate two slash three receiver?
Speaker 1: No, No, he's my three receiver. He's your number three. It's just it. I'm going with just on that. Man. Uh he's having he's having success, and I'm glad he getting the ball, but uh, hell, he's still my number three guy.
Speaker 6: What about Yeah, he's more four to me. Yeah. The one thing that he has that is just paramount in this league. He has speed, yes, sir, right, but it's straight line speed. He's not like shifty breaking people down, you know, cutting back sleet over lanes and all that kind of stuff. He's still trying to figure out how to run routes. But it's always a comparison of well, you see small and you see fast, you think Tyreek Hill. I don't think he's Tyreek Hill. I think the I think the speed is there, but he's not the play that Tyreek Hill is.
Speaker 7: No, Like, very few.
Speaker 6: Are not, you know what I'm saying. I do think that he has a role and because he still struggles with catching the football, like we went through that last week. He doesn't catch well over the shoulder, he has small hands, he wants to jump to catch everything, doesn't have really hot you know, catch radius, so you you have to design him to get open, you know what I'm saying. Like, and that that right there puts him. It puts him in a place where I can't count on you enough to be in my number two and number three receiver because of the limitations that you have, right. You don't do well with you know, high point in the ball, you don't do well catching in traffic, you don't do well just possessing the ball. But we can find a place for you. And I think that's and it's it's okay to be a return specialist, like you know what I'm saying, and then we just find packages for you throughout the game. But to say that he's an he's an all out number two or three receiver in this league right now?
Speaker 7: Do you think he could get there?
Speaker 5: Do you think there's things that he can work on fundamentally to get him because he's probably he's your most explosive player with his hands on the way even I think he's even more explosive than CD.
Speaker 6: No, the speed is a major bonus, major bonus.
Speaker 5: One little misstep and he's by you like he's the only guy CD can do it. But he's really the only guy that can do that, that can take it to the house with you know, just one one misstep and you're not gone.
Speaker 1: The reason he can be my number three guy is because of that speed Jessy's talking about. Because you know, I've listened to other shows. Until the Cowboys become elite, which they're not, I always stack you against elite players like you've named the elite player, uh Tyr Hill Not no, sir, don't get it confused. No, I take ten of these little guys over there to get Tyreek Hill. So you can't when it comes to elite. Here on this team right now, for who we are and what we're doing, he's doing a super job. Yes, But when we play Philadelphia Eagles, we play teams of that ILK. Now, let's see how everybody stack up. And I think that's what you're trying. That's what you're saying, right, jess Yeah, Yeah, when it's comes time to stack up with the dogs.
Speaker 6: Because to be the number three me mean that when I go with eleven personnel, you in there, you in there like you're in there, and now like you, you're called upon to make plays. And I just don't think he's consistently.
Speaker 5: Dependable right to get that that level of Do you think he can get there?
Speaker 1: How hard will he work? You think work will put it there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he still has to get more fluid in his route running, like that part is not quite taking form.
Speaker 5: Like is that something you can train in the off season and get just in a year or is that like, yes, several years down the road.
Speaker 6: You get better over time, but it is something that you if you really put the work in the off season, you can show market improvement over the years. I think a lot of times with him in the office that we have now we called on a guy like tober to be the number two and he's falling short of that. So anything that we see now we look at and we go like, yeah, like if you had t Higgins was your number two, you wouldn't quite really care about who your number three was, you know what I'm saying, Like it would be a bonus to have a Cavante turping. But because we are so lackluster after number one. Everything that, oh he played number two because we don't have anything else. You know what I'm saying, Like he's he can sometimes and this is no knock on Cavante, but he can be. He can be the girl you think is pretty after the thirteenth.
Speaker 7: Don't run it. We try to get him on the show.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm just saying, I mean, should he be getting He got fourteen snaps last game, where Tobert got fifty five. I mean it should be a little bit more at least, even though he's a third or fourth or whatever, it should it be more balanced than that one.
Speaker 6: No, I think that's good. I think that's good. I think anywhere were good.
Speaker 7: With what he's going.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fourteen snaps, he had five targets.
Speaker 6: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: Obert had fifty five snaps and had four targets to that.
Speaker 5: To that point, we all know on defense, there are some guys that fit really well within a certain snap count.
Speaker 7: You get them, you get him under that.
Speaker 5: They don't get revved up, they get over that, they get overwhelmed and.
Speaker 7: It's too much and whatever. Offensive guys the same way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, like when you say Tobert had fifty five snaps and he only It's not that we need to give Cavante more. We need to get Tobert out of that spot. It's not move Cavante into that spot. Is Tobert you're not doing what you're supposed to do with that. That number is good for Cavante, right, we're comparing it to Jalen Tobert. We're like, well, maybe if we gave him Jalen Tober snaps and Tobert had less snaps than that would Actually, No, you need to find something might that sits better there? He's fine right there. You know what I'm saying, like, don't think taking Tobert out and put him in there. Well, now that will go from five targets to ten targets to fifteen targets and it'll be a plus. It's he is, that's his sweet spot. That's where you can get him going in that area. The part you need to adjust is Tobert. What's he doing with those reps. It's not about give him to Turpin. It's about finding a guy that goes in there that can give you number two stuff. Turp is not going to give you number two stuff. He's not going to give you what you need in the blocking and the run game and the in the overall route running that you need at the number two spot eight.
Speaker 1: That's I'm gonna take this a little bit further. Man. Let's go in to this break. And that's because because I want to add to that if I can.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, the first time Nate Newton has ever teased.
Speaker 7: The same right back, write it down right, here's the pinion, right back on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 8: How's Wingstop sound crispy juicy classic wings sauce to toss that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Order now by down the wings Stop out ord and online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seat Gig is here to help you experience all the action Seat Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 6: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 10: Selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place to do it.
Speaker 8: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 10: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 7: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 11: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect pro My goodness, wow did.
Speaker 11: He ever thread the Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smear Enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smear Enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 7: Back to Hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by a blockchain dot com Kurtin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, swing by your local seven to eleven and swing bye.
Speaker 6: My boy down, battle with him, my boy down.
Speaker 1: Bat.
Speaker 7: Get you some drugs.
Speaker 6: They got drugs over there.
Speaker 5: Sweet, grab your favorite items from the roller grill. Then enjoy a big Gulf for just eighty nine cents valid to participate big Golf.
Speaker 7: So fill up and get ready for a game day.
Speaker 1: Get you a big gulp, you know, big golf. Of them chug them juggle. What's choice?
Speaker 6: What is your medicine combination?
Speaker 1: Milk?
Speaker 2: It's a cold like a probably whiskey mix A bunch in there.
Speaker 1: You have to give night man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a I'm a big Don't take medicine unless I absolutely have to have it.
Speaker 1: So you already down beat up right now you're trying to You're making the medicine work too hard. Don't make the medicine.
Speaker 6: Work too sniff on it?
Speaker 1: What do you take? Man?
Speaker 6: Hold on?
Speaker 1: Hold on hold you accident the most long windedness. I want to talk all the time. Listen, did you again?
Speaker 6: I take whatever it is that's gonna get me the Sunday I would I would.
Speaker 5: Think you would be somebody that'd be like, I'm not putting unnecessary stuff in my body.
Speaker 7: I lived my hope.
Speaker 1: Shoot me like what this dude is an analyst?
Speaker 6: Listen, breakdown, man, I just get me out there, Jim put it. We got pushing the needle, give it to me in pill for him?
Speaker 7: I forgot about I'm gonna tell you my entire.
Speaker 1: Life there, like what what can we do? And just think.
Speaker 6: I was an innocent man, And okay, I said innocent about that?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: And what is the.
Speaker 6: Name of the in this innocent? Yeah, that's what is in That's what that's But that's anytime inflammatory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But because I used to get swelling, I should be hurt. But they should give these other things to everybody else. I'm like, I tried them and they didn't do nothing for me. So you gotta find what works. Like he knows what works for him, that concoction. Yeah, so I forgot about cocktail. I gotta try that tonight. Yeah, just a bunch of what is it?
Speaker 2: Don't take them all once?
Speaker 1: No, man, give them, give them to me.
Speaker 5: Are you the type that's like you're supposed to take like two advil, but four will make me feel even better?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because something bigger for when you play football, all those every six hours, every it up because those rules don't apply.
Speaker 7: Those rules.
Speaker 1: You take four because you missed the last, you take four catch up, and so then now you take every three hours. You don't wait six. You stay ahead of the chick.
Speaker 6: I've been room, don't stay ahead of the check. Those rules are for normal folks, for civilian those rules on the plot of me.
Speaker 1: But hey, please follow the label. You ain't gonna get joking, joking, We rid it out.
Speaker 7: But that's what works for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mama, Just Nate said, no, sir. You can hear him fourth and long. So Nate, you didn't write it down, no, no, because you remember your question. Yes, sir, because we were talking about and his value, which we value him high for this steam. He's great for the steam. But the thing that I try to press upon people like to two Eagles wide receivers A.
Speaker 6: J and Smith, Yes, a J Brown, Demonte Smith.
Speaker 1: Do you know who the third receiver is the Bengals? Do you know who that we got chased? And we got T Higgins?
Speaker 6: You got Pooking a cop and Cooper comor you don't know who.
Speaker 1: They third receiver is? In nine times at ten they stay tight end. But if we were built like that, which were not right now, you would see where what this kid does would be even bigger. You notice a lot of times that end the games. We like, why you didn't throw the ball to CD, Lamb, Why are we throwing the ball to this guy? Where you never had that question with AJ and Smith, T Higgins and Chase, you know, and they ain't because they ain't throwing it to nobody else. We have no other choice when they take away CD, but to throw it to one of these other guys. And so that's all I was saying, is we get so hyped about our own talent around here and the fan base national wise too. A lot of times we don't see the big picture. You know, we've got two wins in a row. Tell us it's not against real good competition, but it's two wins, and it's helping these young guys, because that's what I'm about, hipping. These young guys stack up games.
Speaker 7: So good wins.
Speaker 1: But I mean maybe if they can save Mike, then they even better wins.
Speaker 5: What do you think about Brandy Cook's return, About what you expected? Had that had that that route that he loves to run, dragging.
Speaker 1: Him across the cross that's that's his thing.
Speaker 7: That's his thing, got his wings.
Speaker 6: I mean, to have the veteran knowledge like that's so critical, especially when you don't have a lot good going for you. Having a guy who understands now, I thought he ran a horrible route earlier in that game. He had a slant route in the goal line. The guy was off covers and he comes off and he's like patting his feet and I know the timing of it all that he needs to come underneath that. But it was just a bad route. It looked bad and almost got intercepted. But having that veteran knowledge on the field, it just helps. It just helps for a guy to know where to be, when to be, and is dependable like he had that third down catch. I don't to not bring up back in the conversation, but even Brandon Cooks is a smaller guy, understood down in distance, understood what he was supposed to be out on the sticks, has good enough hands to be able to reach out make that catch and get the first down. I don't believe to Cavante would have that skill. I think he tries to either body catch it jumps and now it gets caught up in the air. Fourth down, you know what I'm saying, and now they gotta kick it. So just having that type of knowledge in the game offensively, it doesn't always show up in the numbers, right, but it's it's games are alway. You hit coaches and players saying time and time and time and time again. The game comes down to about three or four plays in the game. Now you never know when they're going to happen until hindsight gives you twenty twenty, that Brandon Cooks catch was one of those plays. When you go back and watch the game, you don't have that play. You now find yourself in a different sitution, possibly playing someself in a different situation. But because you have that, that also helps you out. And again it may be one play here or one play there, but when you look at it at the end of the day, he goes, those two plays really helped our football team win the game. And without him, I don't know if we get those plays.
Speaker 1: Because that fourth and one that was ugly right before the half, I was I was dreading. Now then we kept that I was dreading because it turned into three for them because they stopped playing the field position game. They punted and we punted, and they was closer and they got the field goal. I'm saying to myself, why didn't we just punt that ball? Our defense was playing? Okay, you know, so you'll never know what you know, what can transpire?
Speaker 11: Bo.
Speaker 5: Can we agree on Wednesday before this game was played that these were two of the worst teams in the NFL?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, Bill Parcell says, you are what your records?
Speaker 7: The record is two of the worst teams in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: This is from Sports Business Journal.
Speaker 5: He weers The Giants Cowboys game on Thanksgiving delivered the most watched broadcast of the twenty twenty four season, and the you know, there's been some great games this year, some great matchups with some great storylines, and the fourth highest ratings of any Turkey Day game ever with thirty eight point five million viewers. The broadcast topped out at forty one point two to eight three million from six to six fifteen. Eastern Fox Sports projected this is mind blowing. Projected the Thanksgiving game as the most watched telecast on any network since Super Bowl fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Two of the worst teams in the league going into this game.
Speaker 6: Shout shout out the shout out to Tech Shrimp and then shout out to Jerry Jones for saying we will play the three point thirty game on Thanksgiving as seeing contract for life. We're not moving off that spot. That is the perfect time most families dinner is getting served, almost done.
Speaker 7: It's perfect time.
Speaker 6: You then came back from that walk with your cousin.
Speaker 5: You get them extraviews, you know what, You get them extra views because you put it on the TVN and you pass out, pass out, so you just let it play and you get the views off that. I mean, but that's a little bit unbelievable, you know, that's you would think that's kind.
Speaker 7: Of a throwaway game and whatever. But I mean, that's two big markets Unbelieva's very true. Two big markets unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Let's take a break and then come back and talk about the defense, because I want to get y'all's opinion on, like, does the game look completely different to y'all when mics it's fun to watch right now between him and Overshown, And I hope Overshown doesn't change.
Speaker 7: I hope he stays the same. I hope he's enthusiastic.
Speaker 6: Give that man that number, Jerry, we demand the number.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 6: We don't care about rowdy.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about the number when we come back. In the last segment of Hanging with the Boys, be right back.
Speaker 8: How's Wingstop sound? Crispy juicy, classic wings, sausty toss that those aletting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys, and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Order now by downloading the wings Stop app or ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you wincot.
Speaker 6: Kitchen, slid for the first.
Speaker 11: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a ricking crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 2: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and set Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 6: All the action.
Speaker 10: Seat Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig.
Speaker 6: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 10: Seed Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed Geek.
Speaker 7: Back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Okay, before we move on to the defense, couple couple of little things on the offense, Real quick, Rico top one hundred yards for the.
Speaker 6: First time, right, first time? Twenty six games is crazy, unbelievable. Six games.
Speaker 7: He's now averaging kurt what four and a half yards per carry?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: After that, game and then said, I have to pull the stat.
Speaker 1: Every time we rushed over nineteen carries we won, right, Uh yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 7: And then your boy, Sexy Dexy, he got handled this game.
Speaker 6: You you made a point last week date and I watched the entire game and it was there you said, a guy like brock Hoffman, if you can get under his skin, on the Decha Lauren's skin and make him want to fight you and forget about playing football. And that's what I like about brock Hoffman.
Speaker 1: He's nasty. Did he did? He talk.
Speaker 6: Man a couple of situations where after the whistle those two guys are still going at it.
Speaker 1: And you can get decks dex Dex is down for some some after ball talk, but some after whistle talk he is down for it. He just carried right on to the next play.
Speaker 5: Are we getting I think there's for the first time this season a little hope right like it's you're getting on a little bit of a roll. Is all that going to come crashing down this week? Or do you think they got a little momentum and they're getting the right people back at the right time and there's actually something to build on and finish the season strong.
Speaker 2: I think they're building some momentum, They're feeling better, getting more confidence. Now, this is gonna be a different beast than the Giants. Yeah, but they're struggling to beagles.
Speaker 5: So they're not struggling putting up points, which that's my big worry this week.
Speaker 1: And when they're putting up a per game about about twenty.
Speaker 6: Eight twenty eight points when they win, thirty one points when they lose, Wow, points when they lose, they got it flip.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: So defensively, is this a completely different team defensively when Mike is on the field.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just one guy makes that big of a difference.
Speaker 2: Right, Your turnovers go up and the pressures.
Speaker 7: Like that's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 6: I don't care what coach you have. I don't care what scheme you run. I don't care what city you're in. I don't care what your team logo is. I don't care who your team general manager is, owner, president or any of that. This and every other professional league is run by players. When you get a special talented player, it changes everything. When the Dodgers got show Heyo Tani, all of a sudden, other guy's numbers started going up. When you go and get a Lebron James, all of a sudden, the team total wins start going out. When you add special talent in the mix. There's nobody on that defense, nobody including thirteen, that can consistently, one on one go get his. I don't have to be scripted, I don't have to be schemed. I don't have to be tricked. We ain't gotta run no games. You ain't gotta run those. You gonna line me up on anybody at any given time, and I can go get mine. When you have that, that is that is the ultimate separator. That's why there is guys who meant That's why there's Patrick Mahomes that make a half a billion dollars and we're probably about to make more. That's why you have guys like Justin Jefferson. That's why you have guys that are separators, because there's there's some times where you don't even have to do anything. Them being there is enough. And I think you're seeing that with this defense. Now that Mike is coming back, all of a sudden, Osa's being dominant. Uh John to Blake, give me another one, of the names of the guys up front. OSHA's being dominant, Golston is playing good. What's the Carl Lawson, Carl Lawson, Carl Lawson. I think it was Osa and and and and Carl Lawson. Since October, they have the highest two pressure rates on quarterbacks from the defensive linement position. That that ain't That ain't by coincidence. That ain't by coincidence because all eyes when when that offensive line, that offense breaks the huddle, all eyes are saying, where is number eleven? And now once we find number eleven, he's gonna get action. He's gonna get double and triple teams, and lines are slotting to him, and backs are coming over there and all the other kind of stuff. So now you leave opportunity for other guys to win. So, yeah, this defense is different because there's a difference maker out there.
Speaker 1: And I think they've put in a few more tackle in stunts games, they'll put in a few more movements, you know, with with with with Mike or not just and that's helped freeing guys up too, because you'll see some time where the tight end is in there to help, but he coming down on a tackle stunt and that and that, and it just throws them all off. I mean you can see the tight end going down, you can see the tackle going down all sudden, they just running all through them, running in each other, and both guys come free. You know. So I just, uh, we may not like as old school players and fans, we may not like the podcast, but like I keep trying to tell a lot of people who coming up with a lot of great ideas, this is your problem, this is your baby. That's right. You're gonna have to pamper this for real, I mean is wrong because you you you know you, mister Jones, see the value in this kid in a whole lot of ways. Uh, This coaching staff, if they could just slow him down a little bit. He's he's bought into a lot of the defensive philosophers, but they just getting my My my ultimate thing is next year, if he if he just matures to understand that he can really take over games. I'm talking about running pass it don't make a difference. He can really really just take over games.
Speaker 6: Because I see, I don't think he's ever going to be able to take take over games in the run game. It's just not big enough and that's the that's the part, and this should this should be noted because we're seeing what Micah has done in the last couple of wee thinks he has five or six sacks in the last four weeks and he back five weeks. He's been back. But this is to be noted. Normally we see Micah numbers do this ladies December, those four games that he missed because of the high Now, I will never, ever, ever, ever wish injury on any player for any team, no matter what. But you can't not skip over the fact of him being out those four weeks and his body not getting beat up. While the ankle is healing, the other parts of the body's healing too, and so now you have a much fresher Michaeh Parsons, which is helping this defense down. It's unfortunate that the help is the record is too far gone for that help that's coming now to matter in the sense. But you're seeing he looks fresh, he looks fresh, he looks energetic. He don't look where now And people sometimes ask me like, well, what is the solution, and I'm like, there is it. He's two hundred and forty five pounds and unless you move him back to linebacker and he's you. You can't run into three hundred and twenty and thirty pound dudes and playing. You know, he's been clocked this year as a defensive tackle at times because the way they do a little different stunts. But he's dealing with double team. He's dealing with six hundred pounds of double team, sometimes eight hundred pounds of double triple teams. When you throw a tight end or a running back in there over a seventeen game period, for a guy two hundred and forty five pounds, two hundred and fifty pounds, it is impossible for him not to break down. There's nothing you can do. He cannot have a practice. It doesn't matter if he's going to play sixty snaps sixty five snaps and he's playing them in the trenches. The physical human body will not be able to hold up and for him to be as effective as you need him to be down the stretch dealing with those type of monsters in the interior.
Speaker 1: And you know the amazing thing about it is, and I know these they can't do it today. They'll get flagged or they'll get fed ex check on Tuesday. But guy like him, I'll just be waiting at one time for him to come knifing down in there the ribs. I'm gonna hit it right in the side of his chin, but in front of my helmet, I'm gonna bust him red in his chin, slow him down a little bit, two or three. I'm just gonna look at him because he's gonna stagger. He ain't big enough. I was there in thirty found you gonna stagger, and I'm you taller than me, so I got there. So I'm just saying with Jess, I'm just added to see they do that. Now, he's gonna be a check said.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a check deduction. Yeah, it's gonna be a fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, mister Newton, who's your favorite charny?
Speaker 6: But but did you see about that? You see him, You see him now, and it's like man's on he's on a tear right now. Yeah, Yeah, he looked fresh. The rest of the guys are kind of worn down. So now he's got an opportunity to go out there and be fresher, be lighter, be faster, be more aggressive, and it's helped his defense significantly. But again It's to be noted that when you miss those games, his body is is healed. It's not as beat up as it normally would have been had he played those games. And now we got into late November and December, and now he don't have that gidea up. You don't have that extra stuff.
Speaker 5: We talked about that several weeks ago. Could it be a blessing in disguise with him and Tank and some those guys that you know have health issues missing that we didn't know the season was gonna You know, we weren't going to be in this position, but you know, it looks like that helped him out a little bit.
Speaker 7: Talk before we get out of here. One Jesse about Overshown's number.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody what that's about.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about the I want to know from a player's perspective, the contagiousness of having fun playing football and the energy. Like if you go back and watch Jameis Winston last week when they were playing in the snow, they did the NFL did a miked up with him and it was so good they put out I don't know if y'all watched it.
Speaker 7: It was a thirteen minute clip.
Speaker 1: Because there was so much in the dude is do different?
Speaker 5: He was walking around eating snow, Like if you didn't watch it, go it's worth the thirteen minutes.
Speaker 1: It's small town in Alabama, good right outside of the Crison Tide Home, Broun tusc outside of Yeah, man, But he was just having.
Speaker 7: So much fun.
Speaker 5: And I think there's a lot to be said for lifting everybody up around you. And energy is contagious. Talk about that as a play. I mean, you guys had Mike, you guys had Dion, you had Charles with you know, if you're overshown, if you watching him as fun, yeah, it makes me want to tune in, even if they're losing, just to see what he's doing.
Speaker 7: I can't even.
Speaker 5: Imagine playing with him and going how fun is this? You see Cavante and you know you never know what's gonna happen with him. You see some of these young guys like, that's got to be a spark, right, that's got to help you.
Speaker 6: I tell I tell Everson every time I see him, And this is back and forth in that we have and I say, I can tell what type of teammate you are by how your former teammates greet you. Yes, I can tell. I can tell if you walked into a room with former teammates, I can tell how good of a teammate you were by the way that they great. If they just fish bump you, yeah, they say, hey, what's up, dog, what's going on? Well, okay, but when they go full out.
Speaker 7: They going to hug you.
Speaker 6: You were a good teammate. You were a good teammate. Go watch a Jamis Wasston game when he's playing against the team that he formerly played for, Guys wait around to talk to him, to hug him, to talk to him. That is a mark of a great teammate. So and that's what you could tell. That's who he is. That's not a facade, And ain't for the camera. That's not just because I know I'm miked up or whatever. Everywhere. When Jamis goes and plays the Saints, when Jamis goes and plays the Bucks, when he goes any team that he was on, guys are waiting for him after the game to hug him and to speak to him. That's a mark of a good court. That's a mark of a good teammate. And that's Jamis. And you know those type of guys are rare. You don't have a bunch of those guys in your locker room. You have some good guys, but there's sometimes you have locker room you're just like.
Speaker 5: And that energy is contagious right on the field off the field, yeah.
Speaker 6: Because you just know that you know what this dude, what you're getting. And sometimes, like we talked about it in training camp, the dog days of training camp, or when you when you're in the latter parts of the season and it's dragging along, he's grind you know what. I'm saying, Hey, we're tired, we're hurt, we're battle with bruise. But here comes Jamis. Hey, fellas, get we get to do this, We get to go out here. Get up dumb, and he says something you'd be like, man, you know what, come on, doll, you're right, let's go and he can lift the spirits up of guys.
Speaker 7: Tell us before we get out of here about the Overshown zero and.
Speaker 6: The yeah story, you know, Overshown wanted to wear zero. He wore zero at Texas and he was trying to wear zero and he told the story at training camp before and he's like, man, you know, I was trying to get zero, but they told me nah, And they told him now because Rowdy wears double zero. Now, I think it's just zero.
Speaker 1: Is just zero?
Speaker 6: Is it double zero?
Speaker 1: Just zero?
Speaker 6: Anyway, Rowdy wears the number and they told him he couldn't have it because that was Rowdy number. I think that's row. I don't think Rowdy should get you know, but I think he's done enough. But interesting tweet from one uh damarve On Overshown. He tweeted this out two days ago. He said, either I'm going to wear zero or the next contract will. Either way, I'm getting it, and he had the markers going up and so he he didn't say contract. He wrote like a note with a pencil on it. I'm assuming that means contract. You need the right contract. So he says, either way, I'm getting it. So whether you give him zero now or you're gonna give him the zeros later, either way, Damaran Overshown, I think he should be zero, double zero says he's not even like do zero, like give the man he would look really good. Yeah he does, he would. He will. I think, Jerry, if you want to sell jerseys, if you if you're waiting to to do this thing is a way to sell jerseys. I think next season maybe in it during training camp or however you let make a big deal, you know, be at camp and get into an argument with rowdy and just ripped his number off and give it to give it to uh to Marveon. But the Marion should be winging zero.
Speaker 7: I think that.
Speaker 5: I think when he said that he was when Jerry said that he was joking.
Speaker 6: You guys realize that, right, But that's what the Marveon said that in the interview.
Speaker 5: When because the media asked you about that, and he was just kind of like, I mean, rally.
Speaker 7: Wear zero and he was just you know, that's Harry, kind of like Chris, do some research. Don't get us in trouble, but go do some research.
Speaker 6: I can give you some research. But I'm gonna be on this there.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll come back in your office, all right, fellas, good stuff.
Speaker 7: We actually went over. Yeah, we were going to be early. Sorry Nate, Sorry, good seeing you guys.
Speaker 6: Feel better? My boy? Oh man, what is going.
Speaker 1: To be mus and eggs?
Speaker 5: Only one pump today, Miller like whiskey and all the over the county.
Speaker 1: That's why, that's why you don't make it from you drinking, quit drinking.
Speaker 5: I have kind of slowed down and almost stopped. Thank you very much, Chris, thanks for keeping us on their jazz.
Speaker 1: And Josh, you ain't looking drank.
Speaker 7: Keeping him company tomorrow. Let's take some phone calls.
Speaker 1: We'll be back.
Speaker 7: Want hanging with the boys.
Speaker 10: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.