Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the Fantasy Pros Football Podcast. I'm Ryan Warmley, joining this Friday morning by Derek Brown and my Pat Fitz Morris Bellas it's a key questions show. Before we dive into the show, we want to do a quick recap of Thursday night football, as we often do. Forty nine Ers, thirty six Seahawks twenty four. In this one, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Actually sure what the single biggest takeaway is.
Speaker 1: There were kind of two that I wanted to highlight that I'll ask you guys about. One of them is, obviously the running back situation for San Francisco. Jordan Mason did leave the game. He came back in for a play and then left again. Didn't play pretty much the entire second half. We did get a very long run to close it out from Isaac Garendo on the San Francisco side.
Speaker 2: He didn't do a.
Speaker 1: Ton prior to that. Is he a priority add for you guys next week? Are you waiting to see what happens? You know with some of the injury updates for Mason, How are you approaching this backfield right now?
Speaker 2: Debro?
Speaker 3: I think Grenda needs to be at the top of the list. I think Patrick Taylor is definitely going to be involved. But if you want the upside play if Mason wordem is time, which we can't discount. He tried to come back in the second half, got one carry. If everybody bet Jordan Mason rushing overs like me, you would have liked to see one more carry for Jordan Mason, but it didn't happen. So I think Grindo showed exactly what you want out of the type of handcuff like situation, Like he has the big play opportunity and the ability. You know, we can debate on raw talent for days, but he does have that straight line speed. If you give him a crease, he could take one of the house and he almost did it last night. So Grindo needs to be picked up everywhere.
Speaker 1: But people, Fitz, do you agree that Grendo needs to be picked up even if let's say we get good news on Jordan Mason in the coming week and it seems like he's going to play in week seven, do you still think Garendo needs to be rostered even though in that scenario he's really a backup to a guy that's already you know, serving as a backup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a workload in a Kyle Shanahan offense for running back is like a golden ticket. It is a willy want a golden ticket for fantasy. And you know, Isaac Garndo playing behind a guy who now probably isn't going to be healthy by next week. So yeah, I do think he's a priority AD. And I was entertained by Isaac Garendo being on Twitter today asking EA Sports not to give him, not to dock him in his speed rating because he chose to go down inside the five yard line.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I thought he chose to go down when I was watching that live, and then I saw some people on Twitter that were saying like the Seahawks were dumb for tackling him. I know the Seahawks did kind of dive whichever defender was and kind of bring him down a bit, but it looked to me like he was sliding on purpose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did get tripped up, so it was a little vague and hard to tell, but to me, it looked like he kind of did take a dive inside the five and then they went on and scored the touchdown anyway, so you might as well just the end up exactly the question.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring up.
Speaker 1: Fits on the Seahawks side. Kenneth Walker, somebody I was really high on in August. So I have a lot of places, you know, not the best running day fourteen for thirty two. He did get a touchdown, which helped. But I want to bring up the pass catching eight target. It's caught all eight of them, just thirty seven yards. But that is a real difference maker in PPR and half FPR leagues, and I saw I think it was rich Reebar friend of the show, was tweeting last night how it just really raises the floor and there's like a case for Walker as RB one rest of the season. I don't think he said he had him there, but like with pass catching like this, you can at least build that case for a guy like Walker. Do you feel the same way Fits just seeing the pass catching last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pass catching add that to the mix with Kenneth Walker, to the explosiveness he gives you as a runner, and we are talking about a top five fantasy back, So very exciting what we saw from him in the passing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, deep Row, did you think.
Speaker 3: I remember a time boys when people on Twitter said that Kenneth Walker didn't have hands and that he probably couldn't catch a football. So it's really nice to see the pass catching up side. I mean, honestly, this makes a matchup proof. You're telling me he's gonna get He's got eight targets in each of the last two games. He's had at least thirty six receiving yards in each last three games. Yeah, I mean, he's matchup proof regardless if he's not gonna get it done on the ground, and we've seen he can do that because he's one of the best rushing talents in the NFL. If he's not doing that, if he's getting this type of pass game usage. Right now, I've got him as RB four in my rest of season rankings, but I think the conversation for him starts at RB two. I think he's firmly in the same conversation as Breeze Hall and Derek Henry right now.
Speaker 1: Interesting game for the for the passing attack for Seattle because they had to throw a lot because they're trailing for most of the game. So Gino did get over three hundred yards, but it wasn't a good Geno day, and so a lot of receivers struggled because of that. You know, JSN.
Speaker 3: Metcalf getting a sixty yard touchdown white stupid penalty.
Speaker 1: That was DK Metcalf three catches on eleven targets just forty eight yards, and we missed out on a fifty yard touchdown on an irrelevant penalty.
Speaker 4: We also sign out on the short touchdown where his big toe was over the line. Man to day, if you were a DK Metcalf investor.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is over like me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we're worried about him long term, but that was unfortunate. But by the way, like I've been saying this for years, I don't think legal shift penalties should exist. I don't think legal formation penalties should exist. I think as long as the eleven guys are lining up on the right side of the line of scrimmage, I don't care where people stand, and I don't think it should be something that the NFL litigates. I've said that for a long time, and I said that especially so last night as a DK Metcalf manager.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into our questions here.
Speaker 1: Just a quick reminder for everyone that all of our weekly consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com Slash rankings, and if you're juggling multiple Fantasy football teams and feeling overwhelmed, Fantasy Pros will help you simplify things. With Fantasy Pro's Multi League Assistant, you can see the latest news, notes, and rankings for every single player across all your teams. It's all in one spot, making your path to victory clearer and easier. Dive in and let us help you dominate all your leagues with the Multi League Assist at fantasypros dot com, slash My Playbook or on the Fantasy Football My Playbook app.
Speaker 2: Before we jump into.
Speaker 1: This week's questions, let's check in with Colin Coward and his over under picks for the Fantasy Over Under Challenge. Time now for the Week six Over Under Challenge. This segment is presented by DraftKings and as as always, I am joined by Colin Coward to talk through some of our favorite player picks for this week's slate. Hard to believe it's already Week six. The offseason weeks seem to just drag on and then in season they seem to fly by. As a reminder to everyone listening, you can play along with our over under challenge and try to not only beat Colin, but win some cool prizes as well by heading to fantasypros dot com Slash Challenge. All right, Colin, let's start, as always with the quarterbacks, and we'll start with CJ.
Speaker 5: Stroud.
Speaker 1: He's QB eleven so far in the season, seventeen fantasy points per game on DraftKings so far, has not finished higher than QB seven in any week. He's having one of those years to my eye, where when you watch him, he clearly has it right. We know he's good, but the box scored on aren't always there. Now he's facing a New England pass defense that's allowing just seven point six yards per attempt this season, seventh worst in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, what do you make of Stroud in this matchup?
Speaker 3: Do not like it?
Speaker 6: New England's played people tough. He doesn't have Nico Collins. It changes everything. He struggled without Joe Mixon. You know, you take this young quarterback, you put him on the road, you send him up north. I think I think New England's not a very good team. They may be the league's worst team, but they've got spirit. They fight. I think defensively they're pretty solid. I think Drake May is a better version than Jacoby Brissett at this point, a better option. I don't like this for CJ.
Speaker 2: Shroud.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask, do you think could you see the defense maybe kind of stepping up even more so and feeling galvanized by the quarterback change and getting kind of the young hot shot rookie in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you see it with interim coaches. Watch the Jets play really inspired football against Buffalo.
Speaker 2: It's the substitute.
Speaker 6: Teacher rule where everybody loves the substitut you know they want to impress. My take is New England Drake May will play pretty well and the Jets will with the interim coach as well.
Speaker 2: The other quarterback. I wanted to hit on Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: Obviously, coming off of a huge game, He's just QB sixteen on the season on DraftKings. Scoring was QB one last week thirty five point four fantasy points. Obviously, throwing for five hundred yards helps a lot with the fantasy scoring. He now gets to go up against that Carolina pass defense. What do you think about this matchup for Cousins?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a divisional game and Kirk's coming off the best game of his career, so I think people are overvaluing the moment. Generally speaking, in division rivalry games, I would take the underdog, especially when the underdog is at home. So I think I think Carolina is a team that if they get healthy offensive lineman back watch out. They may go into this game undermanned up front. But I don't. I think Kirk Cousins by low sell High is not going to throw for five hundred yards. I think it's a bit of a sell here off that amazing Thursday night football performance.
Speaker 1: Let's look at some running backs here. Derrick Henry, the age of this wonder has been awesome. I was very aggressively drafting him in fantasy this year, just I loved the fit with the Ravens, and there were some people fading him given the age, but that has proven to be the incorrect thing to do. He's RB two on the season, over twenty fantasy points per game on DraftKings. He's now going up against this Commander's rush defense allowing over five yards per carry on the season, third worst in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Do you like Henry this week?
Speaker 6: I think Baltimore is the better team, and I think Washington. I really do buy Washington. But Lamar Jackson may have played his best game as a pro. So whenever a player does that, I think they scale back. And I also think they don't. They don't want to make Lamar vulnerable. This team's offensive line. I think they're gonna go back and forth this year. Lamar game, Derrick Henry game, Lamar game, Derrick Henry game. I think this is Dereck Henry game. So I think he'll flourish here.
Speaker 1: It's a good point because just in the last two weeks, you know, Week four, it was a Derek Henry game against Buffalo. Week five o Lamar Jackson game. So we think we're going back to the ground with the Ravens this week. The other running back I wanted to hit on Jamiir Gibbs at Dallas. He's RB nine on the season, fifteen Fantasy points per game. Facing a Dallas rush defense that has allowed six hundred and seventy five rushing yards so far the season, ninth worst in the NFL. We've seen them get run over a few times the season. Derek Henry was one of the running backs who has done that before. So do you like Gibbs And then also do you think this could be more of a David Montgomery game versus Gibbs coming out of the by or where we see more of a split like we've seen so far.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a big game because remember Detroit lost to Dallas on that kind of iffy officiating call, and then Dan Campbell sort of emotionally, he's a bit of a firework show, went for it. Probably shouldn't have. I think this is a big game for Detroit. You know, you play the Cowboys, and you know it used to be we only watched Detroit on Thanksgiving. This is gonna be the most watched game of the weekend. And I think the amazing thing about Jared Goff's perfect night was that he only threw eighteen times. I think Ben Johnson has figured out over the last two weeks what am I doing run the ball? So I like both backs to have good games. And I also think this is a team that is trying to establish an identity. I thought they were a little cute early. I think they're getting back to what they are physical now. I think they double down on that.
Speaker 1: A couple of wide receivers to wrap things up today. One of them in a game we've already hit on Terry McLaurin going up against the Ravens on the other side of that one. He's wide receiver twenty four on DraftKings so far this season, possibly due for a breakout game. He does lead the Commanders in targets, catches, yards long as catch and receiving touchdowns, so he's been involved. He hasn't had that huge blow up quite yet. And this Baltimore pass defense has been got at times this year, you know, particularly last week. Joe Burrow looks amazing against them. Now, Terry McLaurin might not be Jamar chasevil Good, but he's pretty good, and this defense has struggled against top level receivers.
Speaker 2: What do he expect from McLaurin this week?
Speaker 6: I think this is a lot of points. I think Baltimore's favored by almost a touchdown for a reason, but I still think Washington, even if they're in a losing cause, they're they're gonna flex. I mean, this has the classic backdoor cover feel where Baltimore is clearly the better team, but Washington outplayed a little bit, comes firing back until proven otherwise. I think Jaden Daniels, Terry McLaurin, and Washington are gonna score a lot of points. Now, Baltimore is gonna move the ball on this defense, but that's good because that means Washington gets more possessions and often more quickly. So I think this is a shootout, and I think McLaurin will flourish.
Speaker 1: I'm so fascinated by that matchup. I think it is the highest total of the week. It was last time I checked. And you know, stylistically, like the Ravens defense wants you to throw to the middle of the field, Jane Daniels likes to throw to the sideline. Plus, like I know, they're kind of downplaying the Daniels and Lamar, you know, similarities at least the quarterbacks are in press conferences. But you know Washington wants him to come out and have a good game, So I think they're gonna throw a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to watch that one.
Speaker 1: The last wide receiver here, Stefan Diggs, also in a game he already hit on talking about Stroud. He's of course going up against the Patriots as well. Wide receiver fifteen a little over ten fantasy points per game on DraftKings this season.
Speaker 2: No Nico Collins.
Speaker 1: As he already mentioned, Tank Dell has struggled so far this year, so could this be a big Digs game.
Speaker 6: I don't think Houston's gonna move the ball much. The Texans are kind of a fascinating team. I think because we were so excited that we got another star quarterback that we all kind of fell in love with them. But they're still really young, and now they're young and beat up. I do think if Nico Collins doesn't play, However, I do think c J. Stroud believes he's going to develop this relationship. So I'm going to roll the dice here and say the one member of the Texans I think plays well is Stefan Diggs. I think c J. Stroud realizes if I'm going to beat Kansas City, if I'm going to beat Buffalo in the playoffs, if I'm going to beat these top AFC teams like Baltimore, We're going to have to have multiple weapons. And I think this is the classic. Hey, it could be. It could be a choppy, ugly game. I want to develop my relationship with Diggs, who I still like. By the way, I don't think he's disruptive. I think he's impatient. I think after about three years he's like Davonte Adams, he gets over it. But I don't think Davonte or Stefan Diggs are disruptive players. You know, I don't think they're too They're outspoken, but they're very, very good players. In the first two years they're at a place they're highly productive. So I think you'll have a good afternoon.
Speaker 1: I know you didn't necessarily say we got like over our skis on Strat or anything. I know we both like him. But do you think that maybe the shine's coming off? Bobby Slowan got a little bit just in talking about this offense.
Speaker 6: No, I think young quarterbacks are very reliant on run support. Look at Caleb Williams in the last two weeks when DeAndre Swift's had some crevices, it's like a different quarterback. His completion percentage last two weeks is seventy one percent. And I just think as good as c J.
Speaker 5: Stround was.
Speaker 6: Patrick Mahomes admitted the light went on year three. Crowd's terrific, but one of the reasons he was terrific. Laramie Tunzel, you know run game multiple receivers. Well, now you're taking Nko out, and now you're taking Joe Mixon out. Well, he's still a young quarterback. You can do that with Mahomes. Now you can do that with Lamar Jackson or Joe Burrow. So I just think young quarterbacks need help. And I think Slowok's fine. Some are criticizing him, but I think Bobby's proven he can coach. I just think the kid needs more of his top stars.
Speaker 2: Thanks again for hopping on, Colin.
Speaker 1: Remember everybody to head to fantasypros dot com slash challenge to play along all season long. All right, guys, let's start off with the London game, which we have another one of this week, Another early fun start for the folks on the West Coast.
Speaker 2: This time it's Jaguars at Bears.
Speaker 1: Technically, you know, at Bears they are the home team, while it really should be the Jags. I guess, given how often they play in London. And I want to ask you, guys, which of these players, coming off of his best game of the season, is most likely to stay hot in Week six? Caleb Williams quarterback for the Bears, or take Bigsby running back for the Jaguars, Deebro, what do you think.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be Caleb. If there's any get right alicks or in the NFL right now, it's either facing the Indianapolis Colts defense or facing the Jacksonville Jaguars. And we're seeing more and more upside and better play out of Caleb Williams. So going against a pass defense that's allowed the second most passing yards per game and the most fantasy points via passing, Yeah, Caleb is knocking on the door of QB one rankings for me this week?
Speaker 2: Do you agree with that? Fits? Where do you have them ranked?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 4: I have Caleb rank QB twelve, So he's a low end QB one for me. And the Jaguars have given up the most fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks twenty three point one. They're giving up eight point one yards per attempt, and we've got Caleb probably feeling pretty good about things after his best performance I think to date this season, best fantasy performance. Also, like I like Tank Bigsby, so, but you know, like they're not going to marginalize Travis Etn He's going to have a role in this offense and It's not a bad matchup for Tank this week. It's not as if the Bears have been lights out against the run.
Speaker 5: But I do worry.
Speaker 4: About the possibility that Tank can be game scripted out in certain circumstances because he he did a twenty eight yard catch last week. That was his second catch in twenty two NFL games. He just we were just talking about the value that Kenneth Walker's pass catch and gives him no pass catching value really for Tank, and that makes his value fragile week to week. If the Jaguars, who have not been a good team, fall behind by multiple scores all of a sudden, you're looking at a scenario that's really bad for Tank because you don't know what he's going to get as far.
Speaker 5: As touches if the Jags fall behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, I mean, it was the clear like outlier so far in the season last week for Tank, so you know he hasn't done it much. It was, I mean, to be fair, kind of an outlier for Caleb as well. In terms of the final line. It was the first time he's finished inside the top twelve amongst quarterbacks was Week five. He's QB six. His next high is finished. Besides that was QB fourteen. Everything else is in the twenties or the thirties, so you know, it hasn't been this amazing fantasy start to the season, but you know, he's definitely I feel like he's anecdotally looking better. And by the way, the you know, the friendly matchups are going to continue. Caleb has a buy next week, but then after that is Washington, so he's in a really nice stretch of defenses that are really appealing for fantasy.
Speaker 2: Deebro, did you mention where do you have Tank ranked this week?
Speaker 3: I've got Tank. He was knocking on the door of RB two status, probably in the high RB three range. Where you at Tank pigs B I've got him an RB. I've got him an RB twenty nine right now, he's floating in that high end RB three range.
Speaker 2: That's about consensus.
Speaker 1: He's RB twenty seven in ECR but in that same kind of late twenties range. Let's go to the next question here, and this is just a super fun matchup. Commanders at Ravens, two of the most prolific offenses in football this season, both in terms of the actual scoring and in terms of some of the advanced stuff like with Dvoa. Like by any metric you look at, these are two of the best offenses in football. We're obviously expecting tons of scoring in this one. Most of the players in this game that we would ever be considering starters are pretty clear starters for fantasy. So I just want to kind of take a second to play Devil's Advocate and make you guys pick one player each to make the case to fade in fantasy this week relative to where they're ranking, even though we I know we're probably starting most of these guys fits. I'll start with you here, which one player are you playing Devil's Advocate for and fading this week?
Speaker 4: Well, gosh, the easy answer would be a Baltimore tight end, right, Like, that's not going too far out of line to fade a Baltimore tight end, And it would probably be Isaiah likely since he hasn't had more than three targets in a game since that huge Week one showing against the Chiefs. But uh no, worm, I Am not going to take the easy way out on this one. I'll give you a real answer. Like Terry McLaurin, he could smash against this Baltimore defense that has been really giving it up through the air. But he's only averaging seven point two targets a game, which is not a big number for a guy who is the number one receiver and the alpha on his team. Hasn't been a huge amount of passing volume for Washington, although they've been very efficient. And you know, like I know the Ravens have really given it up in the passing game, but like, I don't hate their outside cornerback duo of Marlon Humphrey and Brandon Stevens.
Speaker 5: I think those guys are pretty decent.
Speaker 4: And PFF has both of those guys graded as top forty cornerback. So theoretically, I could see a scenario where maybe Terry McLaurin just has sort of an okay game and doesn't smash. But and by the way, we're calling this the DMV matchup, is that right? I learned that from you on the Start Sit show the other day. Doesn't mean we're going to wait in a long line to watch this game. It just means, is what is DMV again?
Speaker 1: No, it's the geographical area around it. So it's like DC Maryland Virginia is like the most common wavy. There are people who will say that well, Baltimore doesn't count as a DMV. You have to be closer into DC. It's it's actually somewhat of a debatable definition, but it's roughly DC and the surrounding areas in Maryland and Virginia are known as as the DMV. I brought this up on Thursday, and ericsonafits are like, what the heck?
Speaker 3: I still I'm scratching my head over here.
Speaker 1: Like what I had forgotten that I was talking of you who didn't spend their whole lives in the DMV, and I just you know, used it off. And but that is what's referred to. It is not the Department of Motor Vehicles. That I can assure you.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I'm really interested by the McLaurin picked.
Speaker 1: So the Ravens, like the defense has been good against non elite receivers. It's been you know, we saw in the Buffalo game, right, like Buffalo is a good offense led by a superhuman quarterback. But they didn't have that like true alpha on the outside, and the Ravens were able to shut them down. The guys who have torched them were Rashi Rice in Week one and DeVante Adams in week two, and you know Brock Bowers as well. You know Jamar Chase t Higgins in week five, CD lamp to a degree in week three. So the question is is, like, does Terry McLaurin kind of rise to that level of receiver. I think he's really darn good. I don't think he's DeVante Adams or Jamar Chase, So I'm really curious to see how they do that. The other thing, too, is like the Ravens defense is built through the spine. Typically you did mention the outside corners, who I think are a little underrated fits, but like they want people to be thrown in the middle of the field too, and the commanders, like Jaye Daniels wants to throw, you know, down the sideline, Like he wants to throw to the outside more so than a lot of rookie quarterbacks do. So it's really kind of a fascinating like clash of styles. The Ravens, you know, and the Ravens on offense like to go through the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: You know, that's where Lamar is most comfortable.
Speaker 1: So two very different quarterbacks in that respect in terms of where on the field they like to throw deepro what do you expect out of both McLaurin and also who would be your fade.
Speaker 3: I think m lauren's gonna have a good game, But you know, I understand playing devil's advocate here because you know, we want to pick somebody that everybody's probably high on for this segment. And while I don't have the cold water to throw on McLaurin, I do have a guy to throw cold water on. I think the easy name here for is Brian Robinson. Considering the Ravens their their secondary has been bad. Their run defense remains elite. They're allowing the fewest rushing yards per game right now for the lowest explosive run rates. So Brian Robinson Junior for me, would be the low hanging fruit. But I'll bring them save Flowers here, considering I know the Commander's secondary is not amazing. They are playing better, But the case to be made against say Flowers is simply Baltimore runs it down their throat. Derrick Henry has a smash game. They don't have to throw a bunch. Washington might. But again that's the way that Zay Flowers. If he fails this week, it's because Lamar gets done on the ground, and so does Derrick Henry, and there's not much scoring, much less like negative game script to be had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 1: If you look at these two teams, like both can throw the ball, both can run the ball, both are not great against the pass. The one unit that is kind of like really built to stop the other is the Ravens run defense. It's the one point where they're not kind of on the same level between these two teams right now, at least through five weeks. So I'm really curious toe how that pans out. We talked about this a bit on the Thursday show Debro, so I'm curious to get your opinion. You know, what the Commanders have done has been really like particularly in the running game. And obviously it's such a huge benefit to have a guy like Jayden Daniels that makes just everything easier in the running game. Do you think the Ravens defense, I mean, nobody has faced a mobile quarterback more than the Ravens defense have in practice in the last half dozen years. Do you think that gives them an advantage over a team like you know, the Commanders in a quarterback like Jayden and Daniels, not that they're the exact same player, but just they're not going to be shell shocked by seeing a quarterback who's crazy fast and crazy athletic because they see it every day.
Speaker 3: I think in the way of, like, you know, setting a QB spy handling the rushing utility, I believe so. But I also think there's something to be said. And I'm not tossing shade at Lamar here. I love Lamar, but I think there's something to be said also for Jayden Daniels' ability as a passer. And if we want to talk about who the better passer is, I think you can make a case for Jade Daniels. So I think there's a lot of similarities there as far as the rushing utility. But I still think that there's a lot of differences there because I know it sounds like I'm being hyperbolic. I know Lamar's is a multip but we're not. We're not doing Devil's Advocate anymore. Okay, you don't need to make something up. I'm not making anything up. Man. Anybody push back against me. How does Jane Daniels not an amazing passer? And you can make the case he's a better passer than Lamar.
Speaker 2: Jane Daniels is really good. I don't think he's a better passor than Lamar.
Speaker 3: Well, of course you're not going to say it. I would like to hear.
Speaker 2: I'm allowed to have opinions. There you are, But are you allowed to have opinions.
Speaker 1: That are non pro ram But my opinion of that a rookie who's played five games is not a better passer than a two time NFL MVP.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's because of being a homer.
Speaker 1: But Daniels is really good. That's not to fake Daniels like he's he's he's better than I expected.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 1: I will say that like full stop, like very definitively. This is a really fun game. Like I said, we're kind of fading just to paint the narrative, but like start everybody in this game. The total is fifty one and a half. Do you guys like the over of the under fits?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I never like betting totals. I never go over with totals over fifty. Just too many ways for it to be short circuited. You know, someone goes in a long eighty r driving then fumbles at the three yard line, and all of a sudden, the over is looking horrible. So I just I tend not to bet any NFL game over if it's got a total fifty or higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with it's a year. I think there are easy paths to this game scoring a lot and still hitting the under, and that just the easiest. The way that this game fails is just straight up from play volume. Washington's not running fast as an offense Baltimore. Look, if you give him a chance to slow down and run the ball with Derrick Henry, they will do that. So I think that's the easy path to an underhere.
Speaker 2: Life's too short to take the under.
Speaker 1: This is the most fun matchup of the week. It's the most fun quarterback matchup of the week. I don't care what the number is. Just take the over, because I mean, if you're sitting there and this is like a thirty eight to thirty five game on Sunday afternoon during the witching hour, you're gonna be kicking yourself, like obviously it is. He's the two best offenses in football to degree this season. All right, let's go to the next question. We went a little long on that one. Cardinals at Packers Doantavian Wicks fits he let everybody down in week five was the most popular kind of we have a wire pickups start right away, auto smash guy of the week didn't pan out or going back to that well in week six.
Speaker 5: It depends.
Speaker 4: Is Romeo Dobbs going to play and more important, is Christian Watson gonna play? It It sounds as if Dobbs will play, you know, suspended for a game after going a wall from practice a week ago. He is back at practice. Christian Watson also back at practice rather unexpected. Deebro and I were talking about this before the show. We both tend to think he's going to not come back. And even if Dobbs and Watson both play, Wicks is going to get some snaps, but he's probably not going to have the sort of snaphare he would have if Watson was out. The last two games, Wicks has played around seventy five percent seventy six percent of the offensive snaps when everyone is healthy for the Packers a wide receiver, he's been close sort of fifty percent, So that's kind of important, just you know, like more opportunities. Obviously, I've got him just inside the top thirty a wide receiver as of now, but if Watson plays, I'll probably have Wis closer to mid thirties late.
Speaker 5: Thirties in the wide receiver rankings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have this new tool, the are they Playing tool on Fantasy Pros. It does give a pretty decent chance for Christian Watson. That's just based on seeing limited practice both day, you know, Wednesday and Thursday. That's all the information we have as at the time we're recording this, So it gives it. It gives Watson about an eighty one percent chance of playing. I want to see what happens Friday before I kind of really operate under the assumption that Watson will be playing. I tend to lean towards him not Our tool does disagree with that, though, Deebra, what are you doing with Wis this weekend? And let's say let's assume that Watson doesn't play, because I think if Watson plays and Dobbs on the field, like I think, it's not.
Speaker 2: Really much of a question at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Agree, But let's let's assume that the pat is there again similar to the way it was in Week five.
Speaker 2: Are you starting to don Davian Wickx this way?
Speaker 3: I am starting Dontavian Wicks, and I agree with FITZI. I don't think Watson plays this week. I think the tool will project more in that direction. Considering the other part about it is, and this is, you know, the tool is built off of AI and the and the data and things like that. We also had to factor in that the Packers are conservative with injuries. So because he's practicing and stuff like that, things that you know can be captured and can't be captured. I do think the Green Bay usually leans a little bit more on the conservative side. So I think that Watson doesn't play. So looking at Wicks, I think this is the floplag game. I think this is the game that we thought we were getting last week with Dantavian Wicks, that we get it this week. And so right now I've got Dantavian Wicks as a mind wide receiver twenty four and rankings. I understand everybody got burned. The other thing about it is if he converts that what was it, FITZI, a fifty three yarder that maybe he takes for a touchdown. If he converts that last week, then everybody is singing praises and the Dantavian Wicks narrative is totally different. So one play making that big of a difference between everybody being like, Ah, yeah, why you told me to start him versus Oh, I'm so glad I started him. Yay, he had a good game. Like I'm not gonna push back, like I'm not gonna go too far in one direction about saying Wicks had a terrible game, because there were other factors that led to that game, ie the Rams changing up their entire cornerback rotation and then playing better because of it. So how we were projecting that game versus how it ran out is different, And there are some factors that even you know we're projecting. We're looking at numbers and stuff. Teams do things and change things up. Obviously, when you're a bottom three pass defense, you need to And looking at this match of this week, I don't care that the Cardinals can roll out whoever they want to at cornerback, pull a practice squad guy, take sign free eight, do whatever you want to. Even their current starters, none of them can hang with these Packers wide receivers. They're all not great. So I think this is the game this week for Wicks that we thought we were getting last.
Speaker 1: Week starting don Tavianwicks has been a roller coaster also a roller coaster this NFL season, and it's moving right along and it promises to be a month full of tricks, treats, and of course, touchdowns. DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL is the number one place to bet touchdowns, running it in from the one or an eighty yard bomb. We don't care how they score touchdowns, we just want to bet on them. DraftKings hurt us and is delivering. Ready to place your first bet. Try betting on something simple like a player to score a touchdown. Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your pick. We've got two matchups with totals over fifty points this week, both Dallas Detroit and also the DMV battle between Baltimore and Washington. Both games look fantastic, with the Lions laying a field goal the Ravens laying six and a half points. Lines and odds subject to change on those, of course, but one thing for sure is we are definitely getting some touchdowns in those games. Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance.
Speaker 2: Of their own.
Speaker 1: Bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big with DraftKings sports Book, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the Draftking sports Book app and use code Fantasy pros. That's Code Fantasy pros for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 7: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight open WY or text hope and WY four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG, dot co slash ft ball.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, let's go to Texans Patriots. The Drake May Era kicks off this Sunday. How does this impact the Patriots? For fantasy purposes? Is May himself playable if you're desperate?
Speaker 3: Debro May is not playable. And I know that people are gonna hate that. Like I just I can't say this clear enough. I cannot stand what the Patriots are doing to Drake May in this matchup. I cannot stand the fact that after five weeks and we have proven that the offense is not good enough, the scheme is not good enough, and the offensive line is not good enough to support a conducive environment for Ricky quarterback. After five weeks of proof, this is a bad team in a bad situation. This is the week that the Patriots decide they're going to start Drake May when they have fielded an offensive line that has allowed the second highest pressure rate and the sixth lowest time to pressure, and you face a Houston d line that is fourth and pressure rate. All I can say is good luck for Drake May. I'm sorry that the Patriots are doing this to you. I'm sorry to the fan base that this is happening. And this lowers the floor and ceiling for every skill player in this offense right now. And this is not a hate against Drake May. This is a terrible matchup and he is being put into a horrible situation.
Speaker 1: I fully agree. I love Drake May the player, and I'm really excited about his future. I do not understand picking this game as the one like it. Really, I'm not the first person to say this, but really just feel like they just kind of succumb to fan pressure that.
Speaker 3: Works out well for rookie quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it's a bad decision, Like I really, I really don't don't get it fits.
Speaker 2: What do you think is this scenario?
Speaker 1: Where are we downplaying like this is a really talented guy and maybe he does help some of these skilled players and make a move the needle at least on fantasy, even if not make them all superstars. Or are we just kind of fading everything here.
Speaker 4: I am not nearly as aggrieved about the decision to plug May into the lineup as you guys are. I know our friend Matt Harmon had a long rant about this, like there is no perfect time. I mean, you could give him an entire red shirt rookie year, but I don't think the Patriots were ever going to take the Packers plan on that the Packers always had Brett Farvar Aaron Rodgers to have the luxury of red shirting their rookie quarterback, and obviously with Jacoby Burssett, Patriots kind of want to speed up the timetable a little bit. As for starting him, I don't think it would be completely crazy to plug Drake May into your lineup, and in fact, in the Fantasy pros Content team league, I am going to be starting Drake May against the Welsh this week because I really cut corners at the quarterback position. Look, May's passing numbers against the Texans probably are not going to be pretty, and I agree like I do not want to start to Mario Douglas, Jalen poll, Can Hunter, Henry any pass catcher for the Patriots. But Drake May is a willing and able runner, and we saw that at the University of North Carolina, where in his two seasons as a starter, he averaged eleven point four rushing attempts per game and forty four point one rushing yards per game. And bear in mind that in the college game, sack yardage counts again a quarterback's rushing yardage, so he probably would have been up over fifty rushing yards a game. A rookie quarterback making his first start in the NFL is going to be confused by a lot of what he sees. Like he's gonna see coverages that just completely flummex him. Easiest thing for him to do is just tuck the ball away and run. And while it's highly doubtful that May is going to get two hundred passing yards in this game, I could see him going for forty or fifty rushing yards easily. And in fact, like I have hammered, hammered rushing overs on Drake May, if he rushes for like twelve yards, I'm gonna be eating Chef boyard out.
Speaker 5: Of the can on Monday morning. Boys.
Speaker 4: So but if it's a fifty yard rushing day for Drake May, Lobster Thermidor on Monday, you're gonna you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Get paid well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I get I get your point about like there's no perfect time to do this. At the same time, I look in this three week stretch Miami, Houston, Jacksonville, why pick Houston? Like, if you wanted to start him right around this, you know, in this kind of first half of October, I'd much rather he started against Miami or Jacksonville than the Texans defense.
Speaker 2: I guess this is all my point.
Speaker 1: It just seems like a particularly difficult one going up against Amiko Ryans. But maybe I love the player, so maybe he will surprise and be good. I want to go to the next question because it's basically the same one the Spencer Rattler era kicks off this Sunday. How does this impact the Saints for fantasy purposes? Is Rattler himself playable if you're desperate? So basically the same question before a different rookie quarterback fits, I'll start with.
Speaker 2: You this time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm worried here, and I like Rattler and took him in a couple of Dynasty rookie drafts in the spring, but I think his debut could be pretty rough, even against a Buccaneers pass defense that was completely frickasied by the Atlanta Falcons the last time we saw them. Rattler did not probably did not get the same sort of reps in training camp Drake May would have gotten because Drake May was the clear and obvious succession plan in New England, whereas Rattler was, you know, kind of brought in.
Speaker 5: I think just.
Speaker 4: Basically to back up Derek Carr this year. So I have Rattler ranked QB twenty seven out of twenty eight starting quarterbacks, sorry A M.
Speaker 5: O'Connell.
Speaker 4: And I have Chris o Lave and Rashid Shaheed ranked his wide receiver fours this week. And I've I have Alvin Kamara like I'm docking him. I've got him outside the top five at running back. I'm just not optimistic about the Saints offense this week.
Speaker 1: Rattler did say that he wants to pepper Chris Lave with targets, which you know, the volume could be enough to keep a lot of higher than that, as long as the level of plays reaches at least a bare minimum.
Speaker 4: He's not doing seven on seven's in practice. Man, this is going to be a different story.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: By the way, Drake may and Spencer Ratler are back to back in ECR QB twenty six and QB twenty seven, so they're both right there in our Fantasy Pro only our staff rankings. Bo Nicks separates the two goes May Nix then Rattler in QB twenty five, QB twenty six, QB twenty seven deeper. What do you think about Ratler in terms of what you expect that of him this week and what he could mean for guys like Shaheeda Lave.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna sound like the wet blanket for both these rookie quarterbacks. I just I don't really understand why you're starting Rattler over Jake Hayner, who is the backup last week and went into the game. It feels like a front office thing like I don't know why Jake Hayner doesn't get the start, but because again, like Rattler's probably had hardly any practice time, go back to training camp, working as the QB three on the roster, he's gotten no reps, and all of a sudden, like you're gonna give him what starter reps starting early this week and think that's gonna really catch him up and build rapport with these wide receivers. Now, I I it's rough man. I'm with FITZI on this one. And before kirk Cousins diced up this secondary, we have to understand that before that game, this secondary allowed the fourth lowest passer rating in CPOE and the fifth lowest arts per attempt. So kirk Cousins changing massively, changing the math there for how the Buccaneers pass defense looks for the entire season, as far as season long stats really has to get brought up. And Todd Bowles loves to blitz everybody eighth highest blitz rate. You're telling me he's not going to turn up the heat and blitz the ever loving crap out of Spencer Rattler behind a banged up offensive line. Again, this is if I'm the Bucks. You blitz the ever living hell out of him, You stop the run, and you force Spencer Rattler to beat you, and I don't see it happening. So yes, I'm with FITZI I'm dropping. Shaheed and o' lobby are going to be in that wide receiver three slash four area code. I think that both of them can get volume, but again we have to go back to the target quality that they're going to receive. I don't know if the volume is going to be enough to overcome that.
Speaker 5: Can I go ahead? Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, let me add one more thing about this game, like Taysom Hill dealing with fractured ribs. I know he's listed as questionable for this game. If he plays, I want to use him at TID because I think they will give him a lot of work if he is able to suit up for this one, like he would be inside my tight end one range if he plays.
Speaker 1: That's actually kind of along the lines with what I was going to follow up with, which is, what are you doing with just the running game in general for the Saints. Do you think that, you know, the Bucks defense is going to be so owned in on the running game that it's going to be very difficult for you know, guys like Kamara to do anything or are you still kind of ranking him because he's gonna be so much volume you'd think with a rookie quarterback in his first start.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm docking him.
Speaker 4: I've got him RB seven, but there's under no circumstances, am I sitting Alvin Camara?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I Where where's he at? An worm? Because I can tell you I'm definitely gonna below consensus.
Speaker 5: He's like three or four.
Speaker 2: I want to go he's at four.
Speaker 3: We got him an RB ten right now. I think with the workload he still deserves, you know, And actually that's a little bit too kind to him. I'm gonna drop him the RB a lot.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we're giving him an eighty one percent chance to play on the are they playing tool with his hip injury limited practice on?
Speaker 3: In the rankings, I have Josh Jacobs. I have James Connor above him, and surprisingly enough because I know this will probably raise some eyebrows, but the matchup is awesome. I have Tony Pollard to head up in Kamara this week.
Speaker 1: I think that's justifiable given everything. I think you're right, it will raise eyebrows, but I can see the I can see the logic there. Let's go to the next question. Brown's at Eagles coming off the buy. It looks like, as of the last time I looked at practice reports, Philly was going to be getting back its top two receivers in AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith. Where are we ranking those guys plus Jalen Hurts with the Eagles returning something closer to full strength? I mean, I'm something we're starting them, obviously, but how aggressively are we ranking these guys in their first game back?
Speaker 3: Deepro Jalen Hurts is QB three, behind only Lamar and Jaydeon Daniels. I've got AJ Brown as a where are you at?
Speaker 2: AJ? Brown?
Speaker 3: I got them at wide receiver five for the week, and Devonte Smith is at tighten nineteen. I think the only player out of that passing game that I'm worried about are fading because of the matchup and both their star receivers being back this week is Dallas Goddard. So Goddart is probably going to be just because of the state of the position, a low end tightened one. But I'm not really high on his prospects this week. But all the rest of the guys, I mean, we shouldn't be scared of the Cleveland Brown's defense at this point. Their offense Kansas Saint drives, They're going to be out there a ton, Their cornerbacks are kind of banged up. I think this is a really good, sneaky, get right spot for the Philly offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would pretty much like to avoid Goddard if it's at all possible. Just whenever Brown and Smith are both on the field generally fits.
Speaker 2: What are you doing with the passing game? Kind of all systems go here?
Speaker 5: Yep, this as usual. Jalen Hurts QB three, A J.
Speaker 4: Brown wide receiver five and Devontai Smith wide receiver nineteen a perfect match with Debra. Did they still have that worm. Is that totally opaque reference for you? The newlywed game where.
Speaker 2: The translucent reference.
Speaker 1: I am satly aware of it, but it's I've never watched it.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, they the newlyweds had to match answers they what they were asked a series of questions do they know their spouses?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: You know, and like had to see if they match correctly.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've been.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been to like weddings and rehearsal dinners where they do variations of it between the couple and everybody watches, but I have not watched the.
Speaker 3: Actual very nice word translucent by the way, give you.
Speaker 4: Real real quick aside, favorite sick day game show.
Speaker 3: Oh his price was right. It was always always has to be.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I I didn't really watch TV during the weekdays. I wasn't allowed that. I was the only The only TV I was allowed to watch during the weekdays was sports because my parents knew.
Speaker 2: I need I needed at least that. But I didn't really watch a regular TV.
Speaker 3: Wor ex.
Speaker 2: Parents were like, you a girl to be a sports media guy?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this that was my homework essentially. When I think about my favorite fall activities. There are plenty of fun adventures on the list, but right at the top every fall is going to be football games live. Some of my favorite all time memories watching the Ravens have come right inside M and T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, cheering along with thousands of fellow Ravens fans in primetime. And I'll be checking another NFL stadium off my list later this month, when the Ravens head to Cleveland. I'll be going to that game with a handful of our fantas pros colleagues. I'm really excited about that. Good to see everybody live and in person. When we order our tickets, you know we'll be using game Time. They've got a new feature called game Time Picks, which filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats. It makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier. The list of my favorite features on the game Time app is two long, three at everything, but here are some standouts for me personally. I love the game Time Picks curation, obviously, especially since I can use it for not just sports, but concerts, comedy, theater, and more. I also love the all in pricing so there are no surprise fees at checkout. There's nothing in the world more infuriating to me than thinking I know what I'm about to spend on a purchase, then getting hit with a surprise fee at the last second.
Speaker 2: That doesn't happen with Game Time.
Speaker 1: Plus, I also appreciate the seat views to get a panoramic view from your seat in the app before you commit to buying. The customer service is excellent as well. Their support team has helped me out on more than one occasion buying last minute tickets, So take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the Game Time app, create an account and use code Fantasy Pros for twenty dollars off your first purchase term supply Again, create an account and redeem code fan tas Y p Ros for twenty dollars off. Download Game Time today. What time is it? Game Time? By the way, I also didn't really get many sick days home. I had to be like a certain level of sick to skip school, and that level of sick was usually I was like falling asleep in my bed and passing out all day if I was there.
Speaker 3: So you never pulled the thermometer on the light bold trick form never know, No.
Speaker 2: I really liked it.
Speaker 1: I like never wanted to miss school, and if I did, it was because I was actually feeling really unwell. My dad's a teacher, so like that was just kind of ingrained in me. I guess, but I you know.
Speaker 2: You see your friends at school, like, I think school gets a batter. I think school's kind.
Speaker 3: Of your parents ran a very very efficient booth camp. Okay, you will be a sports media guide, you will go to school, and you will like it.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure they still to this day understand what I do for a living. So maybe not the sportsman.
Speaker 3: Considering everything, like you you tweet.
Speaker 1: And talk about football and somebody actually pays you for it. This is like a side gig, right, Like, no, no, this is this is the job. Let's go to the next question here, Chargers at Broncos. Are the Chargers worth starting against what has been one of the best, you know, maybe the best defense in the NFL so far the season, or any Chargers were starting in this one coming off there by debro JK.
Speaker 3: Dobbins ish, I just he's a flex play, a low end RB two probably, I mean really an RB three, but I mean he's in play only because of the volume, but outside of that, knew you're sitting all your chargers this week.
Speaker 2: What do you think fits?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Where am I going to give you credit?
Speaker 4: You were ahead of the curve on this a few weeks ago when you sort of recognize that the Broncos is having one of the best defenses in the NFL, and I was kind of I lightly pushed back and said, like, yeah, let's see a few more games before we declare that. I'm ready to declare that Vance Joseph has just done a fantastic job with this unit.
Speaker 5: But there are two chargers.
Speaker 4: I think I would be willing to start j Dobbins, and as Debro mentioned, purely volume play. I've got him RB eighteen. But yes, the Broncos ranks sixth in DVOA against the run and have a lot of the tenth fewest Fantasy points to running backs. But Dobbins has averaged seventeen point seven touches a game over his last three games, so that's a pretty safe volume floor to at least get him as in your lineup as a flexer a RB two, And then I would be willing to play Lad McConkie, Like if the Broncos have shut down cornerback Patrick certain Junior follow Quinton Johnston around, Justin Herbert might look to take advantage of the easier matchup, not necessarily an easy matchup, bit easier for McConkie against Broncos slot corner g Jikwan McMillan, who's yielding a seventy percent catch rate and zero point twenty seven Fantasy points per route into his coverage according to PFF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Deebra, what do you think about Lad McConkie this week. I typically like rookie receivers coming off their bye week, you know, especially talented, like kind of high level rookie receivers, So that's appealing to me. What do you think about the matchup for McConkey.
Speaker 3: I think the matchup's fine. I think looking at McConkie, he's going to get the most volume out of any of these guys especially, and it's tough to know who that the Broncos are going to stick certain on. My guess would be Quentin Johnston, but again that's that's you know, they give Johnston enough respect, they might just not shadow anybody but you have to also. I mean, either way it goes, you're going to bump down both those guys because either Palmer or Johnston is going to get shadow coverage or at least have to deal with certain for half the game. So I do think the target volume is there for mconkey. So I mean it's a good call.
Speaker 2: Buff.
Speaker 3: It's like just straight up in a PPR league, He's going to get the volume if he scores, Bro, especially if they're a negative game script, then yeah, he could pay off.
Speaker 1: Let's go to that Lions Cowboys game I mentioned earlier. Sam Laporta was tight end one in our expert consensus draft rankings this season. He's You've been tight end eighteen on a per game basis so far, and if you take out week one, it's even worse, tight end thirty one per game on the season since Week two. That's behind Mark Andrews. Even coming out of Detroit's bye week. Are we gonna finally see Sammy ballgame get going again? Deebro, I'll start with you as the Laporta guy.
Speaker 3: I could see an okay game for him. I don't think it's a smash spot for him. I mean, Dallas versus tight ends. Yeah, you could make a case. Okay, they've allowed or they're tied for the fourth most receiving touchdowns, but over the middle of the field that can easily be on on Ros Saint Brown time their sixteenth and yards per reception. I think it's an oka matchup, but I don't think it's a smash matchup. Like I think Laporta is probably somewhere in that mid to low end tight end one range this week, So I don't think this is like the get right spot for Sammy ballgame.
Speaker 1: One of our player debates debro on the Thursday show was Sam Laporta versus Tucker Kraft.
Speaker 2: Who would you like in that one?
Speaker 3: Geez, I'll take Craft in that one. But I think it's close. I think they're in the same area code.
Speaker 2: They're back to back in ECR tight end five and tight ends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got I've got Craft as tight end five and I got Laporta's tight end six right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Fits.
Speaker 1: We talked a bit about this when we talked about Laportera versus Craft, but like even setting the Craft part of the equation aside, like, do you think this could be the week where we see Laporta get going again.
Speaker 4: I don't know, worm it's weird. He is averaging three point five targets a game and Laporta has not seen more than five targets in any game this season. A part of it is that Ben Johnson just wants to run the ball on people's throat this year. He is not messing around. And in the Lions three wins, they're three and one. In the three wins, they're only averaging twenty three pass attempts. So like, if they get a lead, they are running the ball. And they are road favorites against the Cowboys, so if they get a lead here, probably not going to see a lot of passing volume four GoF So as of now, I've got Laporter ranked higher than Craft. I've got him tight end five and Craft tight end six. I think I'm gonna flip flop those two.
Speaker 5: But who knows.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe the Cowboys will perk up Sam Laporta because when he faced the Cowboys last year he had a season high twelve targets, seven catches for eighty four yards. So I don't know, maybe he'll see that Dallas star and get fired up.
Speaker 3: The other factor here is if Dallas gets drawn bland back this week. I don't think that he plays in this game, but if he does play in this game, that also would push some volume to Sam Laporta in a wait. But because again avoiding the outside corners for Dallas, it blained his back.
Speaker 1: Do you think, Debro, that we've discussed enough in this first month of the season the disappointment Sam Laporta has been. I feel like a lot of conversation has been tight end is a disappointment. Oh, you shouldn't have gotten early on tight end because of guys like Mark Andrews and Kelsey and also Sam Laporta. I feel like there hasn't been like Laporta was number one tight end in most people's rankings. I know it wasn't for years u a Trade McBride, but in general he was the consensus tight end one like with a bullet, like by a mile. And he's he hasn't just been a disappointment relative to that standing. He's been downright bad again tight end thirty one since week two on a per game basis. So are we like kind of discussing enough what a level of disappointment? I mean, not that he's fallen off a Cliff in his career. He's still so young, it's only a second year player. But it's been really bad compared to what we expected.
Speaker 3: It has been, and I think some of the Sam Laporta as far as like the being the letdown, I think that has gotten lost in the conversation because I think all the spotlight, and deservedly so, I think instead of so much of the attention on Detroit being on Sam Laporta being a letdown for fantasy, I think instead of us talking about that and that being leading the conversation, we've been giving a lot more shine to Jamison Williams and his I mean, he's in the midst of a breakout season, so I think that it's it's twofold. I think the JMO breakout season is what has hurt Sam Laporta immensely. But also we haven't discussed that enough because we've been giving so much shine to Jamo. But honestly, rightfully.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the key question for Sunday Nights matchup, I want to ask you guys about your Uber Eats Sunday Night Meals of the Week debro. What must Order food gets you reaching for your Uber Eats app for great game day deals. When you think of New York.
Speaker 3: I think Fitzie and I might be handholding on this one, but for good reason. It's the one oh one, dude. And I don't care if this is breakfast. I don't care if it's brinner. It's gotta be bagels, and it's gotta be cream cheese and smoke locks on. There's I mean, I think this is easy.
Speaker 4: Fitz Yeah, I mean a bagel with cream, cheese and locks from a New York deli is an A plus breakfast for sure, but also another a plus option from a New York deli. And my my dad's from New York. So I was introduced to this by my grandfather. The pastrami sandwich in a good New York deli. I mean, the first time I ever went into a deli with my grandpa ordered asami sandwich at his urging, I could hear angels singing.
Speaker 1: That's actually a great call, because I'm not a big pastrami guy, but I did. I went to Kat's Delicatessen when I was in New York many years ago, and you know, I had to go for kind of that classic pastami style and it.
Speaker 2: Was it was very good.
Speaker 1: I'm not a cream cheese and locks guy. I'm just a cream cheese and that's it guy on my bagels, which are good. But guys, the ANSWER's pizza. It's New York style pizza. It's it's far superior to Chicago style deep dish style pizza barely qualifies as pizza fits you are a Midwest guy, what's your take on New York versus Chicago pizza?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, New York pizza is amazing and like, there's no comparison. But look, the Chicago deep dish like that is trash. But Chicago tavern style thin crossed. Chicago tavern style thin cross is fantastic, but the dishes casts are all man.
Speaker 1: It's only the last couple of years I learned that there even is such a thing as like Detroit style pizza.
Speaker 2: Like all these Midwest cities have their own.
Speaker 4: Still, the sauce goes on top of the cheese. Detroit style is good. It's it's got a real like caramelized crust. It's actually really tasty. I will odd.
Speaker 3: Intrigued.
Speaker 5: We're going to be in Las Vegas early next year, Debro.
Speaker 4: I will take you to a place that serves some mean Detroit style pizza. You will be done done thanking me done.
Speaker 1: So there, there you have it. Our Uber Eats Sunday Night meals of the week. We've got bagels, we've got pastrami sandwiches, and we've got classic New York style pizza. Uber Eats has the best game day deals all season long. Order now for game day guys this Sunday night. The reason we talked about New York it's Bengals at Giants. We did get word and it was kind of trending this direction anyway, but we got word during this recording Neighbors is going to miss another game with the concussion. So quickly before we get into my key question for the game, like the rest of season, are you guys starting to get a little concerned about just how long this is taking or once he's back, you know he'll be back and you're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Be worried at all.
Speaker 3: To you, bro, I'm not worried at all. I think the concussions and this kind of speaks to the severity of some Once these guys start ramping up, then you can kind of see symptoms kind of come back. I think this is more of Okay, he's out this week. I think that he returned to practice is good, so I project that he will be back for next week. So and again, this is kind of one of those things like once they clear concussion symptoms. I mean, guys are full ramped up, playing one hundred percent. So I'm not willing to kind of dock the resk of He's an outlook for elite neighbors right now.
Speaker 2: Same optimism fits.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Same.
Speaker 4: I'm bummed out about it because I have my Milik neighbors on a ton of teams. But I'm also not going to be the old man who gets mad at Melik neighbors for having gone to a Travis Scott concert the other night, and.
Speaker 5: Like, what's he doing? He's got a concussion, why is he going to concerts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like, didn't expect him to miss two games after getting the concussion in a Thursday night game. But you know, hopefully we see him back in week seven. I think we will.
Speaker 1: It's it's like in Seinfeld, when Elaine sees David Putty, She's like, but I broke up with him, and Jerry's like, and yet he continues to live like, yo, oh, he had a concussion, and yet he continues to go out and lose.
Speaker 3: It's fine Steinfeld again. I don't know if I've ever heard of it.
Speaker 1: Can't do this again, Debra, we don't. We don't have time to correct you.
Speaker 2: And all your wrongness.
Speaker 1: The actual question I wanted to ask about the Giants. We had quite the coming out party for Tyro and Tracy Junior in Week five. The Bengals run defense did do pretty well against Derrick Henry all things considered, until that long run in overtime, but they pretty much bottled him up.
Speaker 2: You know, up until that point.
Speaker 1: Do we think Tracy can take advantage of what had been a pretty poor rush defense in the prior four weeks before that Week five performance against Henry deebro, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean either one of these I think Singletary is is trending the play and whoever is going to be the Giants starting running back, so Singletary's back, I think he gets the same roll back or if it's Tracy. Either one of these guys are going to be definitely a top twenty four play, but looking at my rankings right now, probably a top fifteen play because the matchup is fantastic, and yes, this really just comes down to it. Okay, right now, if you want to stop Baltimore, try to stop Baltimore, you stop the run. The Giants are passing the ball better than Baltimore is, and I think there's more to be said about, you know, the duplicity of that offense. So I'm not saying Daniel Jones is playing quarterback better than Lamar, but I think that there are more weapons or ways to try to stop or it's harder to stop the Giants right now.
Speaker 1: So you, like you, I think Singletary comes back because he is trending that way for sure. Eighty six percent chance to play on our Are they playing tool?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: You don't think like the kind of the cats out of the back with Tracy and like they're going to need to keep giving him more work.
Speaker 2: You think like it'll just go back to Singletary.
Speaker 3: I think it's I mean, it's a veteran who's played really really well as the starter. It's not like he was struggling. He has been good yet and I don't think that, you know, regardless of if you want to talk about Okay, a guy is not going to lose his job due to injury and coming back to this and he had to clear workhorse role. If he's healthy enough to play, I think he gets the roll back.
Speaker 2: Yep. What do you think about Tracy this week? Fits well?
Speaker 4: I mean I do think that after maybe Singletary was operating as sort of this like underrated workhorse early in the season, maybe now they do carveoute a role for Tyrone Tracy every week. And certainly they're not going to kick Singletary to the curb because he and Brian Dable have this long history going back to their days in Buffalo together. But I'm ranking Singletary RB twenty four and Tracy RB thirty eight, and I'm really excited by what we saw from Tyrone, Tracy and Deebro. I know he was a guy you liked a lot coming out of Purdue this year for a guy who only made the switch from wide receiver to running back a couple of years ago. Like he was decisive with his running last week in Seattle and also ran really powerfully, forced four missed tackles last week, had fifty six rushing yards after contact, and finished with forty seven rushing yards over expected in that game. According to Next gen stats, So really impressive performance. I do think he is going to have some sort of role going forward. And yeah, I'm pretty excited about what we saw from Tyrone Tracy last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was definitely if you compared his college, that was the biggest or one of the biggest knocks that I had him about him as a prospect was he just looked like a guy who was still learning to adjust to the position, like trusting your blocks, following your blocks, the vision, things like that, and Dave Ball talked about that in the postgame presser. So we've really been working on him with again playing running back and so seeing not only as decisive as he was, but the vision improved for Tree, which that's what you want to see. Like he needs reps and he's gotten reps and they've worked on it a lot. So he was very impressive last week.
Speaker 1: We'll move to our final question here before we do, I do want credit for not taking the bait on Debro's ludicrous statement that the Giants passing game without Molik Neighbors is somehow more threatening than Baltimore's passing game.
Speaker 2: So I want credit that I didn't bring that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I quarterbacks, you know, going through dropbacks, going through progressions, doing more than you know, operating in a Todd Monkin screen only offense. I'll make that bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how the Ravens beat the Bengals with screens only.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Bill's at Jets.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen has been either QB one or QB nineteen or lower in every week this season, no in between. Which Allen are we getting in Week six against a Jets defense that now has a new coach with.
Speaker 2: Robert Sala outfits.
Speaker 4: I'll start with you here, oh man, Josh Allen was so hard to rank this week. I initially slotted him like QB five or QB six, but now I've got him all the way down at QB nine. It's just he does not have enough weapons in the passing game right now. If Khalil shakirro doesn't play, and it looks like he's probably not gonna play, Dalton Kin Kate has been disappointing.
Speaker 5: Just isn't doing anything after the catch at all.
Speaker 4: It seems I would love to see Keon Coleman get more snaps out of the slot.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm begging for Keon Coleman big slot usage, and they're just lining him up outside and having him run this really limited rowtree, which is just disappointing to see. Then it's Mac Hollins, Curtis, Samuel Marquezveldez Scantling yuck. So plus it's a tough defensive matchup. I mean, we know the Jets have cornerbacks who can really cover, so Alan is going to have to do some damage as a runner to put up Fantasy numbers this week. You know, like, I think you're starting him, but man, my expectations are lowered.
Speaker 2: What do you think Debro again QB one or QB nineteen or worse?
Speaker 3: In every game I'm over here squeaking, as Fitz tells me is ranking because again we're we have not compared this and we have not talked about this prior, but we are hand holding. He is QB nine in my ranks, I think low end QB one.
Speaker 2: And you want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about weapons, and really, I mean it's multiple things. It's not only Okay, Shakir is banged up, probably doesn't play. It's the usage of this offense. James Cook is also banged up and maybe doesn't play. So you know, downgrading the weapons as well as a tough matchup as well as the way the Buffalo wins this game is by running the ball. So yes, Josh Allen and the legs and the rushing utility necessitates that he still remain at QB one, but I'm not high on his passings prospects this week. He really needs to get a rushing touchdown maybe two to probably still be a QB one this week. And that's I know that's tough for Bill's fans to hear, but it's the reality.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap up with quick where you are you making him rest of season? Not just for this week, but in your rest of season rankings. Josh Allen is QB what debro huh?
Speaker 3: Right now, I've got to make QB three. I like the only two guys I've got over him A Lamar and Jane Daniels. But I think like you can, you can make the case that Josh Allen could be a mid or low end QB. Like if you were to tell me he was QB seven or QB eight, and people's ranks and they had Jamen Hurt, c. J. Stroud, Joe Burrow, Jordan Love just to name a few I wouldn't push back at all about that, so I think it's just it's fluid, you know. I think the other thing that we haven't discussed here is what if DeVante Adams gets traded at the Buffalo. I don't think we can truly rule that out, and I think that would change the the math here massively for Josh Allen rest of season.
Speaker 2: It's the same question rest of season for Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: I have him QB two right now, behind only Lamar Jackson. But Jadan Daniels versus Josh Allen is a really interesting debate. And right now I'm giving Josh Allen. I'm practicing veteran deference here, but I don't know if that's the right call.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll wrap up there fun stuff today. Thank you everybody for tuning in for our Week six preview. Best of luck in your matchups this week. For fits and Debro, I'm Ryan Warmley, and we'll see everybody again next week. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts at Fantasypros dot com. Slash review or on Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasypros