Speaker 1: Dude, I almost had to fight my son. Oh no, okay, so what are you irish? I want to fight me, boy, I gotta fight me dog dude.
Speaker 2: I this dude.
Speaker 3: He he learned how to crawl out of his crib and I just heard his door creaking open. I go what And I started my bro My adrenaline started pumping, and I go, I might have to fuck up like a home invader or some shit.
Speaker 2: And like I was ready to just explode on whatever, like was pastorious on that ass.
Speaker 1: That was an actual murder, but like it was just wild to get in this moment. I have just fighter flight response to the door creaked, and I just see like a little et style shadow kind of peek through and then.
Speaker 2: A glowing finger too. Yeah, I started climbing at him. I started climbing out of my crib.
Speaker 4: It too, you did.
Speaker 1: Because I got hungry and my mom would be asleep, so I would just go like make a fucking disaster area in the kitchen with cocoa puffs or something.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember distinctly, like I was around two, and I would climb up over and I would slide down and I'd got the kitchen due. I just couldn't believe for how because I've seen him try and navigate the crib and he was.
Speaker 2: Like slip it. I was like, okay, we're good. This one ain't getting out. But the way he got all quiet, I was like, what happened?
Speaker 1: He goes, I fell out bed, but you fell And I'm like, no, I would have heard that shit.
Speaker 2: But I think you know he is.
Speaker 6: To push yourself up over the edges to fall out of bed. Come on, man, I was fucking born yesterday. Man, Come on, geist Child, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three eighty one, Episode four.
Speaker 2: Of dirt Elly's Like Guys.
Speaker 7: It's a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness.
Speaker 2: Nasty, god, damn nasty work. It's like a hot tub that's never been cleaned in here oga, Welcome to March twenty six National Wow. Never mind, thank you, Yeah, welcome, Thank you.
Speaker 6: For welcoming me to March twenty six. It is, however, March twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah fool oh yeah yeah, but we've only done this three thousand times.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a National scribble Day, so get out there for those of us who can't draw, we can scribble or use, don't use.
Speaker 2: I just scribble.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Scribbling is fine.
Speaker 1: It's our national Spanish paiea day. It's also National Joe Day. So if your name's Joe, this one goes out to you.
Speaker 2: Could it be no, it could be anything.
Speaker 1: It's just like anything that's Joe, Joe, Jason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're this is it's your day, so do it. There's a play in that. Okay, see Clippers game.
Speaker 6: I think where Isaiah Joe went up against Coffee whoever.
Speaker 7: The player is on.
Speaker 6: I think the Clippers and Coffee and the announcer was like a Java showdown. I was like, that man should win a Pultz. Yeah, that is a great eye for detail. My name's Jack O'Brien aka Miles. Why you facial in only two or three pies? I'm gonna show you how to buff out those thighs. First, you get a swimming pool full of cream pithing. You dive in a pool full of cream pithing. You dive in that one courtesy of Lacaroni in reference to my morning routine where I do everything exactly like that fitness influencer, except instead of dunking my face in an ice bath. I dunk it into a cream pie like Missus doubt Fire exactly multiple times, and then I use the pie crust to buff out my face.
Speaker 7: It's banana peel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but this is lore now, and I'm.
Speaker 6: Thrilled to be joined as a by my co host, mister Miles Grasslesky.
Speaker 2: I'm a hey, let me actually get up there. I'm a fan boy.
Speaker 4: I lock teeth acting, guys, I'm Goggins God.
Speaker 2: In Appado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting gogged out, thank you. Joe Jenoya on the discord. Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 6: For the Gogen actin The guy's got so much tooth acting going on that they have to give his co stars funny teeth, just to you know, because otherwise it's just he stands out how you're going to go up against that his romantic leads. The opposites in his storylines have to have eye catching teeth. Yes, the only way that you can cast opposite Goggins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miles, it's.
Speaker 6: Me Jack Or thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a hilarious comedian, the number one comedian of the Year twenty fifth teen, where you lift the top thousand comedians. He's the host of The Wonderful Show podcast, but outside it's Andrew Mischall.
Speaker 8: Hey, thank you for having me. Happy to be here, not caught up on a white lotus. But in the episodes that I've seen, the teeth are on.
Speaker 2: Display, so toothing by Goggin.
Speaker 8: They got if that was like a spoiler, like, oh, she has met spoiled it.
Speaker 4: I didn't really take that in yet.
Speaker 6: On the fact that, yeah, she smiles in the last scene, and it's like.
Speaker 4: I lit the whole show.
Speaker 2: She did it.
Speaker 4: She looks like that.
Speaker 2: Actually, you never know those planes everything.
Speaker 1: People, I mean, we're people are really sensitive to spoilers. Now, Like someone thought that me saying Bradley Cooper was in this first episode of Righteous Gemstones was a spoiler. Potentially, It's like, you're gonna know it's sick in the whole episode.
Speaker 2: I'm like, right, it's not.
Speaker 8: I mean, I know that, but it's not like I'm going to enjoy it less because I know that now, right, right, right, I really care.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess when I watched it, I went and totally blind. Now, oh, Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 7: You saved me from my Oh Bradley Cooper moment.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's my favorite moment in the history.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, sir.
Speaker 8: Life is just the time between oh Bradley Cooper moments exactly. But yeah, I feel like people are not sensitive to posting spoilers though, because everyone wants to have like a take.
Speaker 4: On whatever's happening in the moment.
Speaker 8: Like there's a big thing on White Lotus this week, which I'm sure you guys have seen. I haven't seen it yet, but it's been spoiled for me like three times.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at my yeah, just from looking.
Speaker 8: At Instagram, where it's like someone wants to make some stupid joke about it and I'm like, okay, like what you wrote wasn't even that funny, and now I know that that happened, it's just is like very annoying.
Speaker 4: Just don't really you.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like the discourse we were just talking about this, how like now me like missing the discourse kind of affects me wanting to watch something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I said, I'm like, the discourse half passed, so maybe I won't.
Speaker 6: You don't even need to watch the content, you just let it wash over you via social media. That's how we experience things now, it's just a third hand. I'm downstream from a lot of content. I haven't actually watched a lot of it, but I'm downstreaming you.
Speaker 4: Know what people are saying about it.
Speaker 6: I basically get it, and I have had opinions of stuff based purely on like having encountered other people's opinions because I'm a I'm bad.
Speaker 2: I'm a bad person.
Speaker 4: I was going to say that, I say it. I'm glad you said it.
Speaker 7: Actually I don't like that show. Oh yeah, I seen it.
Speaker 6: Actually, Not to be fair, I have not seen it, but I heard it just like doesn't stick the landing.
Speaker 2: That's my criticism.
Speaker 1: Is one of your friends say that I read it from the dude.
Speaker 7: Somebody I'd never seen or heard from before, or a yeah, yeah, So that's where I got that opinion from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was from like at fuck Machine three three eight or something.
Speaker 2: But they didn't like it.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to name like that. Yeah, name like that. Andrew.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the news stories that we're talking about later on on this news podcast. We're going to talk about whiskey leaks. It's being called the Bombros group chat where they just like put the editor in chief of a magazine in their war room. They just like invited him to the war room party.
Speaker 1: And they're not even war plans in any ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like if they.
Speaker 1: Are, then they're like really shitty just because like I'm not even giving like exact coordinates.
Speaker 2: So yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: And we'll talk about AI art.
Speaker 2: There's there's been a new breakthrough.
Speaker 6: You guys, we're all fucking excited over here.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: They they're now miyazakiying giblifying, but photos.
Speaker 2: This is the act of war against me.
Speaker 6: It's not it is it's not again, I don't know, Like in pre AI story days, this would just be like look at this cool app.
Speaker 2: It makes you look older.
Speaker 6: And now we're like we have to have a take because for a good reason, they are like trying to use dumb shit like this as like this is actually the future of entertainment.
Speaker 7: It's like, no, no, it's not.
Speaker 6: It's a fucking cute little application that you've added to your app. Anyways, we'll talk about all that Plny Moore, But first Andrew we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about.
Speaker 2: Who you are?
Speaker 8: I just I like to travel a lot, and I was just searching I'm going to Italy kind of for the first time. I went when I was eighteen, very very briefly, but for the first time in a long time going to Italy and having a bit of a longer trip there.
Speaker 4: I haven't spent time there before.
Speaker 2: Where are you going?
Speaker 4: Well, that was what my Google searcher series about.
Speaker 8: My friend was telling me to go to the Dolomites, which I'd never heard recommended before. But I think it's like a mountain range and Italy that's supposed to be quite beautiful. So I'm basically trying to decide if I want to do like a nature kind of you know, mountain range and maybe that Lake Como place kind.
Speaker 2: Of vio Hell, like a Rome.
Speaker 4: Kind of cultural trip. And that's kind of where I'm at is planning that and trying to figure.
Speaker 2: Out And you're was where to go Italy?
Speaker 8: Was that My search was ai Italy ghibli photos just to kind of stimulate my mind get in the frame here, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, No, I was just was searching the Dolomites last night because my friend went last year and highly recommended it. But I I don't know. I mean, I grew up in Colorado, I grew up in the mountains. I think I maybe want I think so much about the nature stuff. I mean, I love nature, But I don't know. I feel like something that maybe feels more unique is to go to see the historical stuff in Rome or Venice or something like that. What's your guys is Italy?
Speaker 4: Uh? Intel?
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean where do I be?
Speaker 7: I mean there's long running do you anytime?
Speaker 4: Give me your book?
Speaker 1: Oh man, where do I go? Where do I say? But I mean Venice is one of my favs. Wile Miles gets his music cute up. Italy so such a beautiful place. It's filled with magic.
Speaker 2: The food amazing.
Speaker 6: I was actually just with magic food amazing.
Speaker 4: A lot.
Speaker 7: The music does a lot of the speaking for Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, I brought up the perfect topic. Unless you have it, Unless you have a song cute that for every country.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's actually no. I became I went to Italy the first time went to Italy. I became insufferable when I.
Speaker 4: Came to Italy pilled years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh dead in the little of little literaly little did we know that we riddled to middle man who didn't do Italy?
Speaker 2: That's where I ended up.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is the perfect thing to bring up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it's uh, I don't, that's funny. I don't. I've never I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know about the Dolomites, but the only reference I have is like that one Jurassic Park movie when they that one fucking guy was up in that region of I was like, the fuck is Jurassic part taking place over here?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you like, I mean, I don't know. I've only been to like three fucking places, so I'm not sure. I'm not going to stand act like an expert.
Speaker 2: However, I will say Florence beautiful.
Speaker 1: If it ends it, Yes, yes, yes, yes, body fantastic places along the boot.
Speaker 2: Of Italy, the heel of the boot of Italy.
Speaker 8: But anyway, yeah, whoever, like the that's like the wine country area or Tuscany, Tuscany.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, that's like the wine country zone, right, Yeah, there's there's some.
Speaker 2: Great wine there.
Speaker 6: Great, you simply want to go to Tuscany. I didn't really like when I was a kid. I haven't been back there in a long time, but Venice was very transporting. It felt like you were in a different time period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's changed though now, like because the boardwalk is kind of it's kind of run down now and like gold gym, the muscle beach thing, isn't this okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Very cool, very good.
Speaker 4: You know, there's these influencers trying to ask you where you're.
Speaker 2: Those like wings that are painted on a wall.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just one of those wings murals every five feet.
Speaker 8: The consensus i've read seems that you can't really go wrong in Italy. It's a lot of it's quite beautiful and interesting, and.
Speaker 4: So you'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: You'll figure it out, you'll have a blast. What is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Reading a book?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 8: In my personal life, I feel like it's very easy to forget to do that.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 8: And I need to I need to hype it up in my own mind because every time I sit and read, it's quite nice and feels like what life should be about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very easy to forget to do that. And this is more of a just a for myself.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure there's like a book that you bought and you're like, fuck, man, actually read this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Ei, there is.
Speaker 8: I have a book that I brought with me on so many trips that I've not even begun to read.
Speaker 4: It's God, what the heck is it?
Speaker 8: It's they made that really, I think kind of critically panned sci fi movie about it, like the Future Speak the.
Speaker 4: Bible of the Bible. No, you know what I'm talking about. What the heck is it? Now? I feel even worse about this book because I don't.
Speaker 2: Even know the Electric State.
Speaker 8: No, they just made that. No, they made this movie I think like maybe six years ago. Cloud out Lists. That's very good, and I own it and i've I've it's a very dense book. So I've started it a few times and then like time goes by, and then I restarted because it seems quite dense.
Speaker 4: But anyway, that's next for me. It's Cloud out Lists.
Speaker 2: There you go, it's on the list.
Speaker 4: Are you do you guys make time to read?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Constantly? Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't make time I read, so I have to ingest so much news like that I get my reading done there, but also I always have like though I know I also have like a book that's simmering also that will take me a little bit of time. Like, but I've recently I'm trying to read more fiction because I'm such a fucking like, I'm such a like as a kid, I just want to learn facts and history and stuff. That that's where I derived a lot of the pleasure from reading. And then I now I read an article about how like it like reading fiction helps your brain, and I'm like, Okay, that feels like like respectably nerdy enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to be really good about reading fiction.
Speaker 8: I would read like a book every month or two always, and then I just kind of have fallen out of favor and I need to get back into it.
Speaker 2: Must.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like the Bard mostly just reading Shakespeare oh really out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, just.
Speaker 7: Wow front in the original Queen's.
Speaker 4: The original words and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, in the original language.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no translation because yeah, I don't even do the graphic novel versions.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, very pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do do those.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If he's gonna you got you gotta.
Speaker 1: But I realize I don't know if this is the same for you. Jack is like when we have guests that have a book out. That's like when i's efficient reader too, because I'll be like, I gotta read this, like I'm knuckling down to read this material, and then other times it just kind of like I'm I think that's the thing is I'm I have to reconnect with the actual pleasure of reading.
Speaker 2: Because I knew that thing too.
Speaker 1: You'll go on a trip and you're like, dude, I'm gonna read this and it's like I've been dragging this book ground for fucking a year now, exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got the Power Broker and Gravity's Rainbow that I have like significant chunks that have taken out of them, and every once in a while, like take them on a vacation and uh, you know, get another like one eighteenth of the way through.
Speaker 8: I gotta say I cruised through audiobooks, you know, being in La driving and stuff music. I listened to one or two audio books a month. So I definitely like consume fiction in that way. But you know, obviously it's a different part of your brain when you're when.
Speaker 2: I feel like, do you do like crime fiction?
Speaker 6: What what's your what's your favorite work of fiction You've read or listened to in the not too distant past.
Speaker 8: Let's see recently. I just I'm almost done with the new Mirror Comedy book. I don't know that I love it.
Speaker 7: What's your favorite?
Speaker 8: I would probably say Couugh on the Shore. No, not sorry, wind Up Bird Chronicle probably is my favorite. But I've read a lot of his books, but the new one, I don't know. They all kind of blend together after you read too many of them, so this new one is different. But it hasn't grabbed me yet. You know, I actually really liked I mean, this is nonfiction. But the Shoe Dog, the Nike book. Did you guys read about Phil Knight?
Speaker 4: I was really good. It was very interesting. Yeah, I really liked it. I mean, you know, they made that movie with Ben Affleck, but the book is quite different. Yeah, it's just really interesting.
Speaker 8: Like he just was like a very interesting guy and like truly like a pioneer, and like he has a pretty good perspective on success and life, and he seems like a well balanced I mean, you know, in an error where CEOs are maybe the most evil people in the world, ye kind of.
Speaker 4: Is a refreshing. I don't know, a guy who seems to enjoy his life and has good values and I don't know, and he let.
Speaker 6: Them make a movie about him, essentially making one of the worst business deals of all time, like giving Michael Jordan that right chunk of the thing he's got some human Yeah, that was fine, just like ten ten dollars off of whatever, Like yeah.
Speaker 8: And then I'm just I'm almost done listening to the new Randa julybook, which is really good.
Speaker 4: She's I love.
Speaker 2: Her first book of short stories that was back when I.
Speaker 4: Book is really great. She's clearly just so smart and funny.
Speaker 8: And she's look that Yeah, it's called on all fours, I believe, Okay, amazing.
Speaker 7: What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 8: For me, it's Donald Trump the president. I think a lot of people seem to like him. I don't really get the appeal on a personal level, but a lot of people seem to be really into his ship.
Speaker 4: So for me, he's not He's not my taste.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I mean, it feels like a bit of a throwback because I know he used to be really popular, but he seems to be popular again. And again I just don't see it. But people seem to fuck with him, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't see it.
Speaker 8: I just don't see it. I just personally don't see it. I don't know, like I don't know, I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I try to have it.
Speaker 6: Find Donald Trump the president. I was a little frog ye first when you first brought him up. But yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: I try to have an open mind about stuff. But with him, I really don't see it.
Speaker 2: I'm really trying, really really.
Speaker 7: Trying to canceled. Dude, what the fuck is this ship?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 2: You fuck with it? Heavy? Trying to get invited on podcast.
Speaker 4: Man, So he feels a little overrated for me.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm a little weird. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't kind of out there, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't get the appeal. I mean he's sexy. Hey, don't get me wrong, he's sexy, but.
Speaker 8: I just I don't know, on an intellectual and a policy level, I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I won't fight you for that.
Speaker 4: I won't thanks.
Speaker 6: That is one of my favorite stories we haven't covered is his like self perception based on that like portrait.
Speaker 7: He's like a lot of.
Speaker 6: People are saying this looks nothing like it's just like a person who's like, this is a bad picture of me.
Speaker 2: I don't actually look like that.
Speaker 8: I mean, he's not wrong in a way, like it really does does not look that much like him, puffy. It's like it's I mean, as much as I dislike Trump, like I feel like he is right in saying like the whoever painted that probably doesn't like him. But it's also like why, like no one would have seen his photo if.
Speaker 4: You didn't talk about it, Like what are you talking about this?
Speaker 8: Like three people in Denver would have seen this thing if you didn't like blast it on the internet and make everyone make fun of you. It's just like, so, I don't know, clearly not going to serve his ends of people not seeing that photo.
Speaker 1: It's definitely that's definitely a stop on the road to you know, sinilities or I'm in like dementia for sure, like when you can't recognize yourself on some levels.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he's quite there yet.
Speaker 7: He's like, who's that?
Speaker 1: But it's definitely, I mean, it's also people are like the guy would it seems pretty flattering compared to what your actual photo looks like, you know, like they the person gave him a little some chim bones and shit, and he's like.
Speaker 6: This not me, No, No, he looks like Puffy in a more Churchillian way. Then he's like he's he's overweight in a different way, I think, and that's probably hard for him to like kind of get his head around.
Speaker 2: It's not even the face. He's like, my hair doesn't look like that. That hair sucks.
Speaker 4: He's like, I've never stood in front of a wall of that color.
Speaker 2: The problem that tie is entirely too short.
Speaker 7: Let's take a.
Speaker 6: Quick break and we'll come back and talk about, Uh, this Trump got a bit of a fucking clown.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back fucking back, man.
Speaker 4: And we're bad and better than ever.
Speaker 2: You're so fucking back.
Speaker 6: It's going to be increasingly interesting to watch as things, you know, fuck ups happen in this administration that have anything to do with technology. Give them what we've learned about Donald Trump, Donald Trump's relationship to technology. Andrew, did you see the clip of him talking about how Barren is a computer.
Speaker 4: With because he turned it back on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he turned it back on one more time.
Speaker 2: We got it. I just need the whole quote I'm trying to turn it off. His turn it off. I turn off his laptop. I said, oh goodness.
Speaker 5: And I go back five minutes later, he's got his laptop.
Speaker 2: I said, how you did it?
Speaker 5: None of his dad. No, he's got an unbelievable aptitude.
Speaker 7: In yeah, seems so old.
Speaker 2: He's got an unbelievable aptitude.
Speaker 8: I feel like Trump is one of those people that you know, he obviously is kind of dumb in a lot of ways, but he's like one of those dumb people who learns five smart words and just like runs them into the ground. And aptitude is one of those words many times, and it's not a word most people use, and it's a word that kind of makes me sound a little bit smart.
Speaker 4: Use it too much.
Speaker 6: Everything that's like used when trying to make average people don't see an incredible great aptitude at this Uh, he's basically a C student in technology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Jasmine Cruckett though she's got a bad aptitude, yes what? But yeah, this this whole fucking controversy scandal that now the media has. I guess they had so much trouble with all the other scandals, but this one, this is like old school scandals that they're used to. So now they're like, yep, that's bad, disappearing like foreign students for speaking out about and supporting Palestine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know about she's arresting people who are here legally, but because they have a tattoo and you're like they're in a gang, sent them out.
Speaker 2: Salad got got But this one it's also funny too.
Speaker 1: So The Atlantic has now published the full chat because the whole time the White House was kind of they were they were counting on the fact that they weren't because they felt like they're gonna be responsible and not like show the chest.
Speaker 2: It was taken out of context essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also to be so adamant that nothing classified was discussed, No attack plans were discussed.
Speaker 2: There's not even so.
Speaker 1: Now we see the whole thing we've got they're talking about like when planes are in the air, what they're attacking, blah blah blah. There's one part too, where they're like, we got the target. We saw him under his girlfriend's building, and now the building has collapsed.
Speaker 2: And JD. Vance's responds excellent.
Speaker 1: Like mister Burns or some shit, and you're like, hold on, you guys flattened a fucking building to get one person. And I mean this should be part for the course, because America is not about efficiency when it comes to going after targets about any kind.
Speaker 2: But like that was just one thing.
Speaker 1: I read like that was a little bit like that details like the whole building's gone, so we're good and yeah, that very burnsy in response. But now because the transcripts are out, they can't just do the same thing where they're like, nah, they didn't talk about it, and then it sort of turned into well, actually signal signal was actually really secure, so it doesn't even matter, and now they're just.
Speaker 2: Like, am I gonna say so for starters? Right?
Speaker 1: Trump is so fucking old and seen now that he basically has no clue what any of this is. And it shows when he was asked directly like hey, what do you think about this whole signal thing, and he just sounds like an old guy where a bunch of young people were telling him it's not a big deal, and that's just kind of his energy.
Speaker 3: Do you think that Mike Walt made a mistake and doesn't need.
Speaker 5: To apologize, No, I don't think he should apologize. I think he's doing his best. It's equipment and technology that's not perfect, and probably he won't be using it again, at least not in the very near future.
Speaker 7: What do you have as sort I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Let's get everybody in the room.
Speaker 5: Whenever possible.
Speaker 1: That was Michael Walt's chief fuck up, the guy who did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why we looked there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was basically like, and.
Speaker 1: We probably won't be microwaving any glow sticks anymore while wearing a beautiful shirt, and he's like, no, Daddy, no, I will not be microwaving glow sticks in the microwave. I know that's bad, and then just kind of dismissing it is like it's a technology and a thing and equipment. No they don't. This is a fuck you guys. We're talking about classified shit and unsecured channels, which normally lands people in prison.
Speaker 2: This is his great genius.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you find out defects by exactly things like that. But I don't think it's something we're looking forward to using again. We may be forced to use it. You may be in a situation where you need speed as opposed to gross safety, and you may be forced to use it, but generally speaking, I think we probably won't be using it very much.
Speaker 8: Dude, gross safety, man, that's safety is nasty.
Speaker 1: This is like gross safety that you're trying to have like operation security for national secure whatever.
Speaker 6: But so when he's talking about like using it versus like he does, he just mean like group the group chat, the technology of like having.
Speaker 4: A group chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, because that's Mike. Mike was like, yeah, we'll definitely like get together in person. That's probably better than like in a skiff or something good.
Speaker 8: But also is there I mean obviously so I guess signal is not as secure as.
Speaker 4: You would want for government war secrets, right, But is isn't more important the fact that they invited a journalist to the chat.
Speaker 8: Isn't that also part of it? But they're not really addressing that part of it at all, right.
Speaker 1: No, because they have to kind of tack onto whatever they feel gives them the best chance of defending something that is completely So they're.
Speaker 8: Defending on the technology instead of being like, oh, he pushed the wrong button and like the rust button you could possibly push in that scenario.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, this is it's probably good that obviously we just played.
Speaker 2: How do you do that clip?
Speaker 1: Where Yeah, Trump is so like, this is so far out of his depth. He does not have an aptitude for technology that these people can just basically give the excuses to Daddy and he has no clue.
Speaker 2: So he's like, I see, I see so there, so they're just they're tripping. Huh, Yeah, he's gonna.
Speaker 6: He There's almost no chance that he hasn't at least asked if he can get Barren across this.
Speaker 2: If he's not, you know, he's like, let me check with Uh, we're close, so we're close to this.
Speaker 1: So Michael Waltz, right, he's doing He went on Laura Ingram show to and just was doing, like just contradicting himself all over. Remember it was him that created the group and added people to it, and in most realities that would mean the buck stops with him. But his defense is very the nonsensical. This is him trying to explain exactly what happened to Laura Ingram.
Speaker 9: Have you ever had somebody's contact that shows their name and then you haven't, and then you have somebody else, Right, You've got somebody else's number on someone else.
Speaker 2: He is a loser in the group.
Speaker 9: It looked like someone else. Now, whether he did it deliberately or or it happened in some other technical means something, we're trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: This guy just said, so of course I didn't notice this loser that you added, right, this is the guy who added who added him?
Speaker 7: So of course I didn't see this loser.
Speaker 2: He tricked me into doing that.
Speaker 8: I also have to say, I've never had somebody's number on somebody else's name in my contacts on my phone, just just the base level of that. That's never happened to me. How is that happened? How is that comment?
Speaker 2: But dude, he's like a loser, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And then did you see at the end he's like, Oh, I don't know if you probably snuck into the group or something. What do you fucking fucking smeegel ass Lodge and.
Speaker 2: The Tricksy Hobbits is group chat? Dude, you fucking added him?
Speaker 7: Like early podcast ads, we talked about this.
Speaker 6: When we hosted the podcast words, but like when they were like the post office fucking sucks?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 6: And everyone had to be like yeah, like they almost brainwashed me into being like the post office is the worst place in the world.
Speaker 7: We all agree on that, right, Like they're just trying.
Speaker 6: They're just trying to like make it seem like we're all constantly sitting in group exexts and like adding people who we don't know, like this happens all the time to all of us. It's like, no, this is you can keep trying, but like this is not a problem that anyone has really run into the work, right.
Speaker 2: Dude, The excuses get worse.
Speaker 1: So then he's trying to be like, I don't know, like we gotta we gotta get to the bottom, like they're doing the hot dog car sketch right now, and he's like, well, what the fuck happened? So this is him going on about, no, we got we're gonna really look into this. You've got some smart people looking into this.
Speaker 2: We're going to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 9: We have. I just talked to Elon on the way here. We've got the best technical minds looking at how this happened. But I can tell you added to him or I don't know this guy. I know him by his horrible reputation, and he really is a bottom scum of journalists. And I know him in the sense that he hates the president, but I don't text him.
Speaker 2: He went on my phone. He he wasn't on my phone. He was having to diet coke Man and he was just bothering me.
Speaker 1: Like this guy, he goes this guy from by the way, technical, I don't know you fill your Baltimore, Like we.
Speaker 2: Need the technical minds looking into this. Your fucking fingers.
Speaker 4: Well, why do you think this guy was invited? How? How what do you think happened?
Speaker 2: He's from Boynton Beach, Florida. Jack, Yeah, wanting on I don't know because he want on his phone.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of crazy how you get in the group chat when he won?
Speaker 1: He on there, like I think I think the most the easy response here is that he is so bumbling and in nept that he doesn't even have the wherewithal to double check who's on a fucking group thread when you're talking about yeah, like a Millie Terry attack in Yemen.
Speaker 2: That seems like the easiest. Other people like maybe he was trying to leak it to the Atlantic or something.
Speaker 7: Leak what Yeah, four d Chess of the completely.
Speaker 1: Called classic leaking to the press as that one guy did his Mullaney bit the other day.
Speaker 6: Although now it sounds like the Joker's it's hard to do a good mulleny.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, without crossing it over into Keith Ledger's joker.
Speaker 4: John John Mullaney does a great millenniy He one of.
Speaker 2: My favorite mulleniyo John.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so right now, I think Trump said it again. He announced that Michael Waltz will be leading the investigation in what happened with his own fucking hands.
Speaker 6: I mean it does like maybe somebody else added him thinking they were adding somebody else.
Speaker 7: I don't like. That is a question.
Speaker 6: Does he have a name that is similar to somebody who would like plausibly have been there, or like a number.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Goldberg I think in the article said it may have been this other person with the same but they don't have the same name.
Speaker 8: Maybe he was like, maybe he's like, okay, these are the people to add, these are people to definitely not add, and then he accidentally added them from.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's very very very very sad and dumb, and it says and I think that's the thing at this point, it's just so clear that these people don't know what they're doing at all, like to the point where they can't even they're just using signal for their for all this shit, like they work at some technogy.
Speaker 8: Has anyone in the military commented on this, because I feel like people who are like putting their lives on the line, you know, in the line of duty, It's like they're the people I feel them should be the most mad about this, because it's like you're looking at our lives essentially as like a game that you're playing on this group chat and you're inviting journals. It just feels very disrespectful to like people who are taking this seriously and are actually like out there fighting for our country or something. I don't know, it's out like a hardcore military supporter, but it feels a little bit like disrespectful to that.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. That is the take of everybody who's just like, are.
Speaker 4: These people like serious, right, right?
Speaker 1: You're already asking poor people to enlist in the army to do violence on behalf of the American empire, and then time that you're not even a fucking try and keep them safe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But he's he's come back. Michael Watson, like Hexath and Night. We're veterans. We get We very much understand what I say here. We just don't know how to fucking text or none of that.
Speaker 6: I mean, military people are also some of the best at not talking about superior.
Speaker 1: People outside like it's all retired people who are Like some person said that the details that were like in the in that like that signal thread were like rise to like being court martialed in any normal instance.
Speaker 6: Well, that's has a person as high up as the vice president ever like openly like that's against international law. Isn't it to be like he just walked into his girlfriend's house and then we leveled the house. Excellent, Like that feels, Jack, feels like a killing of an innocent person.
Speaker 2: Jack, what are you talking about? This is America? Man, We don't I know you, but like.
Speaker 1: Watch to collapse on innocent people and the media can't be fucking bothered one, I know, I know.
Speaker 6: But have we technically ever had them, Like yes, we've seen like the wiki leak stuff where like people like entire wedding party parties are bombed and they're like Roger, but you don't have like Biden on the on wax being like hell yeah, brother, yeah, like like say excellent as a response to like he just walked into his girlfriend's place.
Speaker 2: Now it's leveled and excellent.
Speaker 6: Just feels like a new level of like you just did you just did it.
Speaker 8: That's you're the that's not a slow down, slow down, you're turning me on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's easy easy. Don't touch it, don't touch it, don't don't touch it.
Speaker 1: Just don't move, don't move, don't move, don't fuck fuck up fuck okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, just give me like twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Oh ship, all right, so we'll see see where he gets on to the bottom of his own fuck up, my own astating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean they have.
Speaker 1: I mean they have started to be like it's it must have been a low level official like there they've there's been mention of some other person.
Speaker 4: I'm either away at the end of the day. There's people who have an aptitude for computers and there's people who don't.
Speaker 6: Yep, And if Baron's not in charge of it, I can't be blamed. You know, you're playing with fire if you're not running everything back.
Speaker 2: Baron, even an.
Speaker 1: I message you know it'll be like Jack added Andrew to the group chat at eight thirty nine. People, I mean be like, okay, you know I'm talking about that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my parents, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: I've definitely had friends who have like been talking about someone and they accidentally texted to that person, you know.
Speaker 7: To that person the thing. I always hear about that thing.
Speaker 6: I always hear about someone saying something about someone and there's like a weird like wiring in the brain where you just like send it to that person. I've heard multiple people, but I've never heard somebody just randomly adding the wrong number to a massive thing. But except for on Fox News over the past three days, where they're all like.
Speaker 2: I do this all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like Jesse Waters is like hypothetical of like we've all added grandma to the bachelor party thing and suddenly she's getting twelve consecutive dick pics because that's what we do with our bachelor party.
Speaker 2: Bros.
Speaker 8: Just watched the movie from like ten years ago with that exact plot point of texting the wrong person.
Speaker 4: When you're talking shit about them. It was The Intern, the movie with Vince Faught.
Speaker 6: No, no, yeah, The Intern is Robert de Niro, Haway and Hathaway.
Speaker 8: So Anne Hathaway is talking about her mom and she accidentally emails it to her mom, and then Robert de Niro has to break into her mom's house and get into her computer and delete the email.
Speaker 4: So this is something we covered fifteen years ago. And in the de Niro movie, Yeah, you can't be inviting the wrong person to the group check.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and that's probably their favorite movie her mind. An Hathaway's mom does come back from Robert de Niro has to kill her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it turned into a different kind of movie.
Speaker 2: Kind of fucked up.
Speaker 6: The deleted scenes from both that movie and uh, Meet the Parents, just the bodies that he's leaving in his way.
Speaker 4: Adam Devine has to help Robert.
Speaker 2: Process of course.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back.
Speaker 7: And we're back, and.
Speaker 6: There's a new trick that you can do with your phone. You take a photo, turn it into it makes it look like it's animated by a studio ghibli and it's fun. There we go, moving on. Oh wait a second, it's from.
Speaker 2: Open Ai that or at least they're involved, and they're.
Speaker 7: Spike in the football.
Speaker 6: In this one, there's a post from Sam Altman that says this was a real labor of love from at a bunch of names. Gaby Goo, congrats Gabe, excellent work. Here's what we generated during the live stream. And then it's a anime looking image of the three people who were on the live stream talking about this new technology that they're introducing, and the main focus is giving the AOK sign and he has four fingers. He's only got four fingers on his hand.
Speaker 1: Which is doubly offensive to Japanese audiences. You know, they had to the Simpsons UH to not offend people with the with the missing digit. So I love that there. It's the AI is offensive on so many levels, and I love that, Like going back to Hayamiyazaki's just initial brush with AI animation and how it fucking destroyed his soul.
Speaker 2: I think it all fits together very perfectly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So first of all, swish on that one, Sam Altman. Sam Altman, we've talked about before. UH has been for like a decade now, like all the all the fears around, like.
Speaker 2: AI is going to actually kill us, it's gonna be like Terminator.
Speaker 7: He's been like really a big part of that.
Speaker 6: Like he there's a New Yorker interview in the early days of like A where he's he tells the person who's interviewing him that he keeps a poison capsule on him in case the robots like takeover. He's dead serious, and the journals was like, damn, Doug, that's that's crazy for real. And yeah, he's just completely full of shit. He's not like he's not a coder or anything like that, Like he just is somebody with a tech prid.
Speaker 2: But he's got ideas. Man. He recently just announced that fucking.
Speaker 1: Stargate like super Center, like a five half trillion dollar thing in Texas that's gonna run open Ais just Ai models.
Speaker 2: It's very very freaky and earth destroying.
Speaker 1: But just this quote from Hayao Miyazaki, the guy who is the head, like the person who gave us studio GHIBLI that people so.
Speaker 2: Want, like are so into recreating.
Speaker 1: He was shown a video of like an AI animation and he this is his response. It was just like a fucked up, weird animation.
Speaker 2: That was quote. It uses his head like a leg.
Speaker 1: The movement is so creepy and could be applied to a zombie video game, like it was just a weird thing.
Speaker 6: This was me a person presenting it was like, so, they're like, it looks like dancing. It's moving by its head. It doesn't doesn't feel any pain and has no concept of protecting its head.
Speaker 2: These its head like a leg like.
Speaker 6: They're they're really trying to They're like, there's some strange beauty in this Ai animation of this, like zombie body that's like moving in a really unnatural way.
Speaker 1: The video of it is wild because the guy's face changes when Miyazaki starts being like, this is disturbing. This is what he said quote every morning, not in recent days. I see my friend who has a disability. It's so hard for him just to do a high five. His arm with stiff muscle can't reach out to my hand. Now, thinking of him, I can't watch this stuff and find it interesting. Whoever creates this stuff has no idea what pain is. I am utterly disgusted. If you really want to make creepy stuff, you can go ahead and do it. But I would never wish to incorporate this technology into my work at I strongly feel that this is an insult to life itself. I feel like we are nearing the end of times. We humans are losing faith in ourselves.
Speaker 6: That is, we humans are losing faith in ourselves. Is a great description of like I feel like a thing that we're seeing just across the board, right, just people being like, I don't know, our new book is let them. That's like the new popular Oprah like pop psych idea where it's like you just let people kind of do whatever they want, no big guilty, you just don't. Don't let it mess with your happiness. Let them, you know.
Speaker 2: So what just ignore the fuckery?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let them let them do that.
Speaker 6: That's just call it, because otherwise it's gonna it's gonna mess with your happiness, Miles, mess with your happiness.
Speaker 7: Let them do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Mel Robbins, my dear child, you should just call them the book. Ignore the fuckery, but.
Speaker 6: You ignore that voice in your head that says this is bad, it is bad, this.
Speaker 2: Is all terrible.
Speaker 4: The end of morality should be the name of that book.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 8: And I just was in you know, I just was traveling in Japan and I went to the studio ghibli Museum and it's like, it's it's interesting that this technology is being used to emulate his work because it's like, as you said, he has such strong opinions about it. But also like the museum itself is really really magical and they don't allow any photos inside, and it's clearly a company that like prides itself on like magical experiences that can't be translated to technology.
Speaker 4: Like the entire museum is like no photos.
Speaker 8: Like it's very strict about that, and I think it's just so sad to see that, you know, realm of art being emulated in this way that is so soulless and discibing.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, like you know, I've been to the Ghibli Museum too, and there's like that one room where you see sort of Miyazaki's case studies on things like how he would try and draw horse running or these other things, and like you're like, damn, like there's a reason why these animated things were so different in good like there was such an emphasis on developing like what this animation style could be. And I'm just like that quote really just sticks with me when he says that we have lost humanity, has lost faith in itself, because it just feels like we were completely devaluing skills now, and AI is just the latest tool in like circumventing, like just truly the art of honing a skill, no matter what it is, but in this very narrow context, like like illustration or doing certain kinds of art, where the repetition of it helps, like that is part of the experience, and a lot of people like, I'm not really interested that. I just want to make, you know, I want to make fucking weird memes that look like gibbli and.
Speaker 8: There the AI stuff is really dark because I people I really respect are like, I don't feel like many people have a strong moral framework around AI, Like.
Speaker 4: People have opinions about it, but they still use it.
Speaker 8: Like I've personally never used chat GPT, and I never I don't want to ever use it because I'm just like, all I read is negative stuff about both it being wrong in a lot of ways and giving you incorrect information and bad for the environment and all these things. But then I have a lot of people who are friends of mine who say those same things but then still use it pretty regularly. And I'm like, I think we need to like have like a almost like a you know, like a virginity ring kind of thing, you know, like with AI or I don't fuck with that at all, yeah, yeah, or something, just because I feel like people I respect are still using it, and I'm like, I thought we all agree that this is bad, but then people are and maybe they just want to be aware of it and like understand what's happening. And I kind of can respect that, but I'm just like, I'm not going to use it.
Speaker 4: I just I'm out. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I see, I see like the time saving parts where like if you are in like I know people who do a lot of like grant proposals and things, and the amount of time it'll cut down to merely just sort of like do the labor of like articulating something. I'm like, okay, like you're not taking your own job away by doing that or whatever.
Speaker 2: But then you see other people yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Like again as a tool, fine if it works, but again that's where it's like you don't need all these like data centers that are going to burn the earth down for that kind of shit. But it's all I mean, I think the hype around it too is just it's it's.
Speaker 6: Getting more and more intense as a tool for people. It's being pitched as a way to replace people.
Speaker 4: I mean, I went to a college.
Speaker 8: I did stand up at a college recently, and I asked the crowd, just like out of curiosity, like, how many if you use chet GBT regularly for to cut down on the amount of work you're supposed to do for school? Every single person raised our hands, and I'm like, and I'm like, I wonder how your parents would feel like they're all spending money, or some of them at least are spending their money to put you in college, and you're wasting that opportunity to have a chiller time, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: It just felt like you're not going to learn as much if this resource is offloading the work and making your life so much easier.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just it's hard for me to accuse those kids of cutting corners.
Speaker 1: I was blacked out on, I was blacked out on Xanax mostly college.
Speaker 8: I judging it individually, I just mean like collectively, it's a little sad that, like the sure the prize of learning is offloaded to this machine.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's just like a.
Speaker 7: Lot of things that yeah, we've just.
Speaker 6: That used to be a thing that you would battle against, like the academic institutions would battle against, and I'm sure they're battling a little bit, but I feel like there's just this overall like as we've just let corporations take over as like the only force that actually like matters in the world over the past, like you know, handful of decades, like as long as I've been alive, essentially, and just like all regulation of these corporations have been you know.
Speaker 7: Thrown out the window.
Speaker 6: Now everyone is just like, well, yeah, that's okay. We could fight against it, but like that's unrealistic. We're just being like it's now like just giving up on any sort of pushback, any sort of like you know, putting things in place to stop these things that are like devaluing our lives, and like how how things are done is just viewed as like childish or idealistic or and like that just didn't used to be the case. I was listening to this episode of the podcast, the Blind Boy Podcast, and he was talking about how his favorite example of neoliberalism like being like Reaganite like neoliberalism and like you know, basically just letting everything be privatized and turned over to corporations.
Speaker 7: Is when like in the seventies it was.
Speaker 6: Illegal for companies to advertise to children, like there was just a law that put a regulation in place. And then by the time you know, the eighties rolled around, all the cartoons and shit that I watched were toy commercials. It was like Transformers and it was just like design but it was like not super offensive because like they had stories and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But then like.
Speaker 6: After that first after they like make that get past that first barrier, you know, fast forward thirty years later and like my kids, like I have to like keep them off of these devices that are being pitched to them all day every day that are just like, yeah, your kid's brain is basically like profit center for us, and we've turned their lives into like a giant casino, you know. So I understand why people are just like, yeah, to push back on this stuff is silly because it's not gonna work. But like it has worked in the past. We've lost but like I don't think that like we have to lose it, Like it'll probably have to get worse before people realize that like something can be done. But it's it is just like so cynical and like we have had regulations in place to like keep shit like this from ruining everybody's lives in the past. It's just now we've just taken it for granted that corporations will be able to do whatever the fuck they want, and what they want to do will inevitably like make all of our lives worse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it happens in so many ways too, Like even a few years ago when these private companies were just like, hey, we're going to completely change the info structure of every major city by releasing thousands of scooters all over the city that people can rent for ten minutes at a time. And it's like no, no, like government were even contacted of like hey is this allowed. They were just like, hey, this is the thing now, and it like totally changed traffic and everything. And then eventually certain governments were like, hey, we don't want this on our streets and this fucking stuff up. But the company didn't ask for permission first. I'm pretty sure it just like came in and did it. And I think that's a perfect example of just like.
Speaker 6: Move fast and break stee Yeah it's true, Yeah, it's really, but that sounds.
Speaker 4: Changes things on such a fundamental level.
Speaker 2: And then just like the only people have to deal with it is er doctors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were just like, holy shit, we have like fifteen people in here every night from riding around on these scooters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of broken ankles.
Speaker 1: They're just reading this like article in the American Prospect about the AI bubble and like what that bubble.
Speaker 2: Pop looks like. But there's just one line.
Speaker 1: I blew my mind to quote between vcs, big tech and power utilities, the bill for Jenner AI comes out to close to two trillion dollars in spending over the next five years alone. Oh easy, Holy shit, dude, Like, and that's the thing when you have that much sort of institutional money saying this has to work there it's just gonna I don't know, like, I don't know how they solve this, because again, all this is about, well, how does it how do we get a return on all this money we're spending, because it can't just be chat GPT subscriptions, Like Sam Altman is saying, yeah, and that and that's why you know we've covered that more. People like Goldman were like Goldman Sacks is like, bro, this shit ain't gonna fucking start making money.
Speaker 6: Well, what are they like, what would be worth that amount of expenditure. It would be replacing the humans so you don't have to pay employees.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: That's essentially what it is.
Speaker 6: The thing that AI used to be about, like in philosophy in the nineties and like early two thousands, was this idea of the singularity and like humans being replaced by this hyper intelligence that would you know, be beyond their scope of understanding. And I think like we've essentially done that with capitalism, Like the corporations have replaced us, and now they're just like trying to get rid of us. Like that's what this is all about, is they're trying. They're spending two trillion dollars in the hopes that this technology will make it so they don't have to spend money on labor anymore.
Speaker 1: But like cause they point to like productivity, there was another thing in that article about how they were shong there was no real discernible productivity gains even for people in coding that were using chat GPT, and then on top of it, it would create like the time they saved using it, they would it would then be recouped in having to correct errors.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's exactly what I tell my friends. He uses it all the time, and I'm like, but the information is giving you is wrong, and then you spend more time fact checking it, and I'm like, well, how is this saving time? If it's like you ask it what day of the week you know is Russiashana and it's like, oh, it's going to be on a Tuesday, And then you look on a calendar it's oh, actually starts on a Wednesday. It's just wrong about the most basic stuff. It's crazy, what do you It's wrong so much. It's like what time is it in la and it's like off by an hour.
Speaker 2: It's just like always wrong. It's like off by like seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean. My favorite example from this past year was.
Speaker 6: The Super Bowl ad where Google was advertising their AI technology, and the premise of the ad was here's a cheese farmer. He can't write for shit, He's all thumbs when it comes to like writing copy for his product. However, you can use Google AI to like write the copy. And the copy that they show on the screen is like a fact about how Gouda cheese is responsible for fifty five percent of all cheese sales around the world, and that is like actually something that Google a I would have told you. But it's like obviously fake, like Jesus close to being like the most populous, like and they just got it from like some random fucking website that their and that was in the Super had to fix it before the Super Bowl, but it was in their Super Bowl commercial that they released, and then yeah, like they.
Speaker 2: Just it sucked.
Speaker 6: Its job is just doing making bigger and more mind boggling errors than we could have possibly imagined five years ago.
Speaker 2: That's what I was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had to argue with my friend yesterday about this when we were texting about it, and I was like, I don't use it.
Speaker 4: It's wrong about a lot of stuff.
Speaker 8: And he's like, well, it's like you're it's like you're in the nineties refusing to use email even though.
Speaker 4: It's clearly the future. And I said back, I said, yeah.
Speaker 8: Only if the email rearranged all the letters after you sent it to your friend and it was like a complete jumbled mess, like if email was like that in the nineties, Yeah, I wouldn't be using it doesn't work exactly. And I'm sure this chattybec stuff will be better in the future, but for now, I'm just like, it's wrong about stuff.
Speaker 4: Why would I use it?
Speaker 6: I'm not so sure it will I mean, yeah, probably, I think they'll find better.
Speaker 2: Uses for it.
Speaker 6: Is probably what I'm thinking. Like, but research like fundamentally the large language models, their whole reason for existing or their whole like methodology is trying to tell you what it thinks you want to hear.
Speaker 8: It's not actually AI, right, It's like it's like a box that just takes every word ever written and is like, here's the most likely of words, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's the autocorrect function, and it's actually auto incorrect.
Speaker 4: Auto concrete center, yeah yeah, auto incorrect.
Speaker 7: Like auto crest. It does that is AI Autos talk a.
Speaker 1: Lot about the fall of the George Foreman Empire, and you're like the Foreman Empire.
Speaker 6: The well, Andrew, it's been a true pleasure having Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 8: My name is Andrew Mashan M I C H A A N. I'm on Instagram, I guess I'm on ax al.
Speaker 4: I don't really use it.
Speaker 8: And then I have a podcast called podcasts, but outside where interview strangers on the street. We've done it for five six years at this point. It's pretty fun. We just talked to random people. They share their stories of stuff that they're going through in life, and then sometimes we have celebrity guests join us to interview random strangers, like we've had on Adam Scott, John Hamm, Jack Quaid, Otsco, Nick Kroll, lots of different people, and it's ultimately just chatting with random strangers and learning.
Speaker 4: About their lives.
Speaker 8: And we've had lots of fun conversations with different strange people. And you can check that out on YouTube and podcast apps and clips on social media and all that stuff.
Speaker 7: It's a great show.
Speaker 2: You go check it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying by any chance?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: I've only seen one episode, but I haven't seen many people talk about it, so I feel like it's worth mentioning that shows common side effects.
Speaker 4: Did you guys have you seen.
Speaker 7: All hearing a ton about this? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it's the Did you watch Scavenger's Rain by any chance?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but that I maybe your kid.
Speaker 8: I don't know how old You're kids are Scavenger's Rain I think could be enjoyable for a young kid. It's not like adult content or anything. I think Common Side Effects is more.
Speaker 4: But anyway, they're just really beautiful, really trippy animated shows made by I think the same guy, and I haven't finished either show, so I'm not like a huge fan, but they're really really cool.
Speaker 8: Scavengers Rain is sci fi. It's like really inventive and interesting and beautiful. And then Common Side Effects from what I've seen, seems very funny and smart, and I'm excited to get more.
Speaker 2: Hearing great things about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and I have fised him, but I would recommend them to check them out there.
Speaker 6: It is miles where can people find you as their workimedia?
Speaker 1: You've been enjoyed at Miles of Gray Everywhere at mad Boosties the podcast if you want to hear Jacket I talk about the NBA and at four to twenty Day Fiance where I talk about ninety day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra. A couple of things at Maddie is Talking dot Com on Blue Sky said, where are y'all getting all these bingo cards? And then another one uh past guest Franklin Leonard at Franklin Leonard dot b skuyd do Social posted, I just want to personally thank Pete Heg Sath for proving my theory that when your entire personality is minorities are incompetent, it's usually because you're more incompetent than anyone could have imagined.
Speaker 2: Right, So cheers and cheers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, amazing. I like to tweet by Katie Natopolis at Katie Natapoulas on Twitter, who said, having read through the full houthy PC small group logs, I've come to the sad realization that I'm the jd vance of my group chats, overly emotional, slightly unprofessional, confused by what everyone is saying because I won't scroll up continually derail's plans with late objections.
Speaker 4: How long is the threat is it? Like? Is it really really long?
Speaker 2: There's no.
Speaker 1: I was like probably twenty pages you can go through, because I mean they definitely took out the part they're like, we're not going to release the names of like CIA agents, Center undercover.
Speaker 2: That's reckless. But yeah, everything else you can read excellent, excellent.
Speaker 6: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian and on Blue Sky at Jack o b the Number one. We are on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeigeist, and we're at the Daily Zekeeist on Instagram. You can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to this and you can find the footnote footnote where we link off information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I just stumbled on this album by the artist Natalie Bergman. The track is called keep Those Tear Drops From Falling, and it's from like this she like self recorded this album, So I'm I'm instantly in when I hear an artist has like self recorded entire album, because again, I love skills.
Speaker 2: I love people that owne skills, even for their passion for music.
Speaker 1: And she wrote this like sort of ep after like a terrible tragedy with her with her father and stepmother passing away, and like wrote this album. But this song like has like a lightness to it even though it's about kind of like a very dark time in her life, and it's really chill and when you realize, like this is self recorded, it just has like it just feels very alive. So this is Natalie Bergman with the track keep those Tear Drops from following.
Speaker 2: That was the back up name for the book Let Them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, those teardrops.
Speaker 1: Folks catch them, they just catch them in your hands.
Speaker 6: Uh all right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The daily Zeitgeis said the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: That's gonna do it.
Speaker 6: For us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye