Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, so, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Our guest today, Francesca is a very it's a first time guest. We always like first time guests. You might know him from his newsletter Garbage Day or his new podcast Panic World, talking about just you know, all the things, the conspiracies, the way our minds are distorted through the Internet and all kinds of things and how how that manifests in our physical world. Please welcome to the microphone the very talented Ryan Broadrock.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 4: I also don't have a song, but I will sing something for your listeners. Hey what they can DM me and I'll send them a weird video.
Speaker 5: That's tough time.
Speaker 2: Is there a genre that you sort of specialize?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, like ska music, you know you can still still sure someone's you know it's coming back with um I didn't, but with the economy and free fall, like it's a perfect time for you know dy music.
Speaker 2: Let's hell yeah exactly, Let's like use our I feel like that could be the new street Man because like, it doesn't require like well, it does require some amps, but if you get a good horn section out there, that's all you need that we can be doing Aquabats covers.
Speaker 4: There you go, anti negativity helpt. I'm glad I've already derailed this podcast by mentioning skot music.
Speaker 6: Let's games, man, It's so embarrassing how much like freshman year of high school was like, so this is how you skank? And I was, oh, yeah, we're going to do that the homecoming dance. Hell, we're all really into ska and skanking. And I'd like to say that was my most embarrassing period of my high school years. But then I got into jam bands, so you know, you can always go worse.
Speaker 4: That's unfamily worse. Yeah, Finger and Ship Oh. I was absolutely yeah, yeah, soundtrack let's go.
Speaker 3: I was I was there.
Speaker 2: I was there because look, I played trumpet in band. Okay, and then at the time, especially when I was in around eighth grade, aqua Bats was popping off and I was like, yo, bro get me in there, and I'm good at horn. I can hit all these horn lines. Next thing you know, I'm in a band called the Liptnes because we like lifting icy. Okay, that's so incredibly good. Yeah, we we did. We almost went to battle the bands at Cresby High School in the San Fernando Valley, but we didn't go to Cresby wed Dame all day baby.
Speaker 7: And with that, we like to ask another another hip hop question. What yees another hip hop question? And asmole? Now, is that like a blemish? Or is that like a rodent that lives in me?
Speaker 3: This is this is called the Blake Wexler rap quiz.
Speaker 2: And I like asmole is not a rap lric, but I it does feel like maybe something that would have been Wu tang.
Speaker 3: What do you think an ass mole is?
Speaker 7: I would love if it was a well, actually, a rodent would almost be like leave the roadent alone. It's just trying to find someplace to live, you know. So I think it's I think it's a blemish. Yeah, And I think he is a blummish. He's a blumish on an ass but he's a he's a boy.
Speaker 5: I mean, not to get super deep into the asshole thing, but like when we say rodent, are are we saying that this is a rodent? Like a gerbil who maybe lives in an ass. Or are we saying it's a literal mole who is shaped like an ass.
Speaker 7: That's very interesting, right, was it embedded like a mole? We have a molet?
Speaker 5: Even think about that?
Speaker 4: To me?
Speaker 3: The rap term snitch for me, I thought we were talking about that. I don't know.
Speaker 7: No, I only know that because snitch Harry Potter bro I'm a big law enforcement guy, So that's how I know snitch.
Speaker 3: But why how do you use it?
Speaker 5: He's on a snitch waiting list. Yeah, he's like just waiting for something to go down. He's like call me please.
Speaker 2: That is I just some wild ass Karen to be like, you know, I'm actually on a snitch waiting list for the police.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting. Yeah, it's like stand by what is like the the nest, like the home like those home networks where they're like, you know, on their reporting. Blake's just on there, just waiting for some ship to go down. He's like number three on the snitch list. I keep getting skipped. Come on, do you know much?
Speaker 8: So much?
Speaker 3: Shirt? Hell? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Dave over there in the blue House has an ass mole. No one's asked no one asked him, and no one asked what it means. Is it a mold that looks like an ass? Is it a mole on his ass? Is a mold that buries inside of someone's ass? Is it a mole that looked like ass?
Speaker 5: It could be any gape.
Speaker 2: And that's why we use obscure insults on this show before they get dragged up in some kind of AI content net where they start throwing people in jail for coming people ass moles? Anyway, what's something from your sch street that's everything about who you are?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, I'm gonna be real, real vulnerable here, and I'm gonna be honest, and it's quite literally. Bad Bunny c k ads. I think about it a lot. I didn't know that I was attracted to Bad Bunny in that way until I saw him naked on a big and a big billboard, and then things started happening, And so, you know, a couple times a week, I'm just just let's let's see what those look like. And am I still I'm checking in? Why am I still attracted to bad Bunny? And evidently I am, like I get it, like I think he should whatever he ate like he's thickened up a bit. I like it, he's not overly muscular. His hair is back and showing those curls again. I like the mustache. I like the mischievous look in his eye. It's really doing it for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so your voice, Lydia.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 5: No, I'm telling you, I'm playing it in my head right now.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm looking at it. I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and I look like that except.
Speaker 3: Without the hair.
Speaker 2: But I know his tattoo game is wild. But he got it like this a random ass horse.
Speaker 5: On his chest. Okay, honestly, that's how much I'm not even looking at the tattoos. I'm like, who cares what? He has tattoos where no one showed me though.
Speaker 2: I'm always just so into It's like it's always interesting to me, like when people really cover themselves in tattoos, like what that vibe is like, because it's it's funny because you can start You're like, oh, that's cool, and then you start looking closer and I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 5: Oh? I know, I love looking at shitty tattoos on people when like they have.
Speaker 2: And he got a rainbow with clouds above his navel butt. Like it's like the opposite of Tupac's Thug Life tattoo he had over his belly.
Speaker 3: But it's like this rainbow.
Speaker 5: It's like care Bear stairs. Yeah, but yeah, no, I'm a yeah, just you're back over here thinking about bout it.
Speaker 2: I'm just at random, like you wake up in a cold sweat.
Speaker 5: You're like Benito kind of yeah. And I also live in a state where like you can't look at porn Hub anymore or anywhere of the big reputable porn sites, like a big car just comes up and says, hey, we can't verify your age, so you can't look at this stuff anymore. So like I'm back at you people. I mean, sure I could, but that seems like a lot to go through porn. I'll just bad Like I'll just google bad money and think.
Speaker 7: It means like thirty seconds, so good, like I can get it into a Google search.
Speaker 5: I'm good. Yeah, I'm going good. I'm going all the way back to old school, like I found a fucking J. C. Penny's catalog under a lady and bras like that. I'm trying to take it back to like some wholesome, awsome masturbation material, and I just want to see a dude in his underwear.
Speaker 2: Just Ryan, this car Ryan at my school, got he got he was. It was on his way to getting thrown out. One of the straws that broke the campel's back is he brought in a shredded up newspaper ad with the lady like underwear ladies. And this was so I mean thish. This was nineteen ninety one, okay, And so he was like like preening out of his pocket, like look what I brought from home. They were like, oh, and this Lutheran at school I went to, They snatched that ship up like he was trying to flavory or something.
Speaker 3: The Civil War.
Speaker 5: I remember dude showing up with like Frederick's of Hollywood catalogs that like accidentally got delivered to their house. And it's like, no, accidentally what your mom's a hoe she has she is turning tricks for your dad. Be happy you have live in a happy home. Yeah, I'm mom trying to tell you. I don't know how this got here. You know how it got there, Karen, you warned that teal set come on.
Speaker 7: Exactly what set, you know was there's so much porn in the woods, you know, because I feel like you couldn't go into the woods without stumbling on porn. And it's just like I like, so, okay, porn in the woods.
Speaker 3: You look at it and then you put it, like hide it in the Is it a good hiding spot?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I've always wondered that myself. That's a question I've had for men for at least twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I think it was like, yeah, it's like so well, because it was the same thing. Like here, it would be the La River, like certain parts, like the tonguea wash in the valley. We will hide shit in the overpasses and be like, yo, rotors weed over there. There's a fucking porn magazine over there. Because to have woods out here in California right now, you don't have a river either, really, no, you do have a cement block area.
Speaker 5: You would still anytime you did, like you go on a hike, you go anywhere, like there are some hills, some foothills, some what you know. I live in San Jose and like they stumble across that ship in the trustles.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe it's like the underground railroad for like men, where they're like you got to leave things behind for the next visit on their on their journey of masculinity, so they may look at the same crusty ass porno in the woods with four other fucking adolescent kids or some ship.
Speaker 5: What is that? What is this? What is this saying? Like I'm not a super outdoorsy person, but there's some like phrase about like leave it has better than you left it or something like that.
Speaker 7: Like oh yeah, what better way to do that than with the magazine porn biode grades fast rate.
Speaker 5: Let me just talk this old jugs right here in this burled wi willow tree and traveler.
Speaker 2: Something to energize you, probably what something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Shot?
Speaker 3: Ye got a shot? I under enhance most things.
Speaker 10: Yeah, uh probably it's gonna be a weird one. But the dentist, okay, under or over that's under two miles talks right under.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like hours, I think it's underrated. Motherfucker.
Speaker 10: I had this moment where I was like, I think you'd be scared if you had a bad dentist or because you're still regressing to your childhood.
Speaker 3: But then I thought to myself, I'm just laying here.
Speaker 10: It's almost like a like a massage, like a spot some massage for my mouth. I'm laying here and two professionals are leaning over me, cleaning ship I ate out of my mouth for me yeah, And I was like, this is kind of like and then if I get pain, I get to say, hey, that hurt a little, and then they get to just I was like, this is kind of like a luxury since since obviously it's not like I clearly when I think of like people be like, what era, what other era of time and history would you want to live in? I'm like, none of them because of dentistry and medicine. I'm like, ain't no way in the world I want to live in any other time. You're telling me my tooth was like rotten. You just grab some vice grips, yeah, yeah, yeah, pull it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Use the thing is your tooth has turned black dude to satan and now evil is getting and I'm like, go and we will have to remove it.
Speaker 10: You're like, what, You're just gonna pull it? You mean to tell me if I get a little cut on my arm and cut the whole thing off, you just cut the arm off? Yeah, yo, yo, drink this whiskey. And bite this piece of wood and I'm gonna saw your arm off now.
Speaker 2: So they're like, hey, weren't you just looking through a pile of horseshit behind the right now? Yeah, I thought I lost my wedding ring. Anyway, I'm ready to do surgery. I don't have to wash my hands, right, Yeah, totally. I was like, why would I? Yeah, why would I? This already has blood on it. Why would I dirty another one? I already have open swords all over my body? Why are you asking me about this one sword? Yeah, like you don't see this one coming. I'm gonna mess you up if my sword touches your open wound while I'm doing surgery, if anything might, I should worry about me getting my sword on myld blood.
Speaker 10: I have sword, I got sore cleaning juice coming out of my swords, so it could actually help you.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nah, I don't want to leave nowhere else.
Speaker 10: So I'm saying that as somebody who's like the dentistry even the sound of that drill, that it's not even as loud anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm yeah, this is great. Put a silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're like, yeah, just over the years, I remember first in the eighties, like the because there's always some form of entertainment the eighties is here, hold this cassette player and put these headphones on. Yeah, I was like the first version of I'm at the dentist and I'm listening to like mc hammer or some shit.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then TVs came in, and then TVs above the seat, so when you're laying down you can see it. You can see that ship now, Like it's funny. Last time I went in there, like do you want to watch them? I'm like, nah, I kind of like hearing y'all talk about like whatever, because then it's funny. They have conversations while they're doing stuff and like yeah chucking, and I'm like this is cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like I'm gonna in.
Speaker 2: There for you a lot, because yeah, they got me hooked up to machines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a team. You have a whole team. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 10: Nah is me and this little homie that like so speaking of Filipino. It's this Filipino lady who like we always like always sees her back and forth through just talking Filipino stuff. And then this little homie that really like is almost like like a like a Schneidey kind of like, yes, whatever you need.
Speaker 3: Like he's so like quick and cute, like he just wants to help.
Speaker 10: So whenever she's drilling, he stick the thing in the mouth to suck up the water.
Speaker 3: He like Johnny on the Spot. Yeah, just Johnny on the Spot just like sucked hold the spit there. And I'm like, oh, thank you. And then I'm like you are your job is to suck up my spit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is a luxury.
Speaker 2: This is this is about this all wrong and people talking, Look, I know America and Canada are and a beef. You know, obviously the beef is one sided and that it's one person with a beef, not us with Canada. But you know, famously they say up there, it's like we have yeah, we got socialized medicine, but no dental, no mental you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Because it's a luxury. Baby, it's a luxury. It's a luxury.
Speaker 2: It's a luxury to have teeth that affect your whole body. You don't realize how much how you eat.
Speaker 10: And it is bizarre that like you're that dentists, your dental coverage is separate from your health coverage.
Speaker 3: It's still weird. They're like, my mouth faint a part of my body, Like what same thing with vision? Yeah, and your eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, I don't know, having think problems in my eyes can lead to other problems if I'm not aware of my okay.
Speaker 3: Walking a hole.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, yeah, you have health care. Yeah, you have health care, but we don't cover pinky fingers. Yeah, you gotta get a whole other doctor for your pinky.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, we only do.
Speaker 2: We only do neck down doctor stuff, neck down, neck up. I don't even know who does that kind of ship, to be honest, you might have to look on the internet for that. But the one thing I do like about the dentist is and I think the reason why I like weighted blankets was that lead vest they put on you when you have central extra. Yes, that's when I put the When I put the weighted blanket on, I flashed back, and I'm like, this is my favorite part of the dentist for some reason, even though like, man, we're gonna take an extra because I think you got cavities, little kid, and I'm like, just put the big ass mat on me, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, perfectly. They put lead on you and then run out of.
Speaker 2: The red put this lead. Matt, Hey, I'm bounce to the office next door while hit this button and looking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just then like one of those bomb dismantling robots, worry about it.
Speaker 3: I'm eight years old. This kid gotta this will be fine. This will be fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're a kid.
Speaker 2: You're gonna need a really good neck up doctor after this. Just so you know, Allison, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 12: Okay, So as a as a dating coach, I think a relationship coach. I never referred to myself as a dating coach before.
Speaker 2: You make more money if you say you're a dating coach.
Speaker 13: Though, How you thought about being an alpha male influencer.
Speaker 3: I've tried it. It didn't work out.
Speaker 12: I can't do enough push up. So I think something that's overrated is chatting on an app for a long time before meeting a person. You got to hold the person, yeah, or you even like a FaceTime you got to get it off of texting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then people are doing it.
Speaker 2: What I mean, logically, I get it, but I've been out of the dating game for what is it five eleven years now, I'm but I'm also assuming it's the same thing where it's like you there are people can some people are so different over text, and then you meet them, like even in a dating context, like even from working like with people in production, and then you meet them and they're like so different than the way they text, and you're like, am I it?
Speaker 3: Do they hate me?
Speaker 2: Or am I not as funny as I was on text?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Definitely got to meet.
Speaker 13: People sometimes, especially when I was messaging men, I'd be like, this conversation is so funny and so good, Oh my god, it's gonna be great. And then I looked back after like meeting them, and I was like, wait, I was funny, they were generous, they were like, oh cool, and I was like making all these bits by myself.
Speaker 12: And I also think it just like adds to the like the gamification of yes, online dating, where people like don't take it seriously because they're just like talking to a bunch of different people. And then people were like, I don't get why it's not working.
Speaker 2: Right because it feels I mean, I have like like one of my younger cousins who's like in his like early thirties. The way they talk about dating too just feels like they're truly just playing like a numbers game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just right, And it's their fault because like the apps are designed that right, right, but you have to like fight against the interface.
Speaker 2: Right because then I'm like, but isn't the whole point? Like dating is just sort of like ah shit, I got it, like the pre app. You know, when I were younger, you would go and then like you just go on a bunch of dates and meet people and you're like, eh, sometimes you try and make it work.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess because of the volume of interactions you're trying to have. You're not trying to get hung up on one thing. But I feel for y'all. I feel for y'all out there. I feel for y'all out there.
Speaker 3: You know I did.
Speaker 13: I did take this advice. I started swiping with intention like any red flags, I swiped left immediately, and then I initiated the conversation whenever we matched, and I made sure to respond right away and then tried to meet in person. And that's how I got the boyfriend that I got from like a dating app. Like the one time, it was like the second person I swiped on and we met up and it like worked out at that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I like to dating productively.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because then you don't burn yourself out because you're having like less but more like quality interactions.
Speaker 13: That's how you get maximum gains in your relations You have to.
Speaker 3: Do it while you're working on your push ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be doing one art one arm push ups. Fucking right, Bro, you're sick as fuck.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Just wait, dude, you will not be alone. I'm there with you every step of the way.
Speaker 3: All right, have you heard of this bit? Quick kidding?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's take a quick break. We're gonna come back and talk about just everything that's happening, but also we also check in with some some just right wing men who I think are doing okay, I think everyone's doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do that in a second after this.
Speaker 2: And we are back. So over the weekend, RFK did this thing that we've seen happen already this year where he will act like vaccine like he has a come to Jesus moment and he's like, actually, vaccines are the only way to really keep our children safe. And then like once that tweet cooks, he then turns around and he's like, psych take God's.
Speaker 4: Liver oil, invite him in a my guys, I'm still with you.
Speaker 2: I just have to say shit so I don't look like I'm trying to kill children. And he has done the exact fucking same thing this last weekend. On Sunday, he attended the funeral of an eight year old child that succumbed to a measles infection and use that anecdote to try and launder his reputation as a backwards anti vaxxer, saying he was there to comfort the family and was actively taking on this outbreak. This part of the tweet was very interesting to read coming from RFK quote the most effective way to prevent the spread of measles is the MMR vaccine, and then he also said that he was talking to Governor Abbott about read like deploying CDC teams to help with the outbrit You're like, well, the CVC that you're gutting.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they get what was this now?
Speaker 2: Obviously the replies one guy, yeah. The replies under this tweet were un hinged. One person said your post got cut off. The MMR is also one of the most effective ways to cause autisms, as witnessed by millions of parents worldwide and covered by the CDC's fraudulent study at the heart of this documentary then links up to a documentary called Vaxed from cover up to katash.
Speaker 6: Dell big Tree is as a sort of notorious anti vaxxer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of feeling fuck that guy, but yes, very again the heavyweights have come out. Then yeah, another another fan comes out, quote, fucking real normal. I think what you meant to say is that doctors in Texas are murdering children with erroneous hospital protocols in order to keep their trillion dollar vaccine grift going, and that you have asked the DOJ to arrest these doctors charge them with crimes against humanity. Sure huh no he when did he ever say that?
Speaker 3: Okay, sure, sure again.
Speaker 2: I think also this is probably very normal for an RFK tweet, that you inspire these kinds of just reactions just in any capacity. And while that may have been celebrated on parts of the Internet as if RFK saw the light, because you did see some headlines that were like RFK now says MMR vaccine is the way to prevent measles infection, he in fact did not. Just a few hours after that tweet, He posted how he was visiting Mennonite families with children that had also been infected with measles, and then he praised two healers. He said, quote I also he's like on top of those families, quote I also visited with these two extraordinary healers, doctor Richard Bartlett and doctor Ben Edwards, who have treated and healed some three hundred measles stricken Mennonite children using aerosolized moodessinide and claref mycin.
Speaker 6: Ooh love a clarithromycin.
Speaker 2: I love a clarinet with mice in it, you know what I mean. And both of these guys again frauds and deal in anti VAXX nonsense and giving people their own homebrew meds. Doctor Bartlett specifically was described as quote having a history of using unconventional treatments and who was disciplined for unusual use of risk filled medications by the Texas Medical Board in twenty twenty three. So a very predictable kind of thing.
Speaker 6: You got to be a massive piece of shit to go to someone's funeral for their eight year old and then be hawking this stuff. But the problem is, I mean, they're preying on the Mennonite community and anti vaxxers have preyed on all kinds of sort of you know, religious folks and anyone who's like already predisposed of buying into cults, which I would argue, you know, yeah, men nights are they're all they only speak German, I mean I I and you know RFK Junior's Children's Defense Health Defense Fund or whatever has its own TV channel. They straight up went and interviewed the first parents who's I believe six year old died and they were like, we just don't believe in owned vaccine whatever it was, you know, like they were like, no, we would do it all over again. We believe RFK Junior, you know, and it's too bad, but that's this is God's will. And you're just like it's I mean, I hate to be the one or like people like child abuse, but it's child abuse. I'm sorry, Like that is not the child's decision.
Speaker 2: When yeah, especially when you put it to the perspective anyone who has their own child and you're like, well, what are the options? Give them a thing the doctors are saying will save their life, or give it up to sky ghost and hope that everything works out, I'm going sky ghost every time. You know, sky ghost is currently bad record for that.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: RFK is really weird though, because like like he's a Kennedy right, so he doesn't like he doesn't have the usual profile of an anti vaxer, where like they're clearly at a certain level just like lying to make money. Like he's a he's like a true believer, which like you know you're normally anti vaxxer. You're gonna see on Facebook like event if you watching off the videos, you can kind of tell like they know that, like this is like a pyramid scheme and they want you to buy supplements or some bullshit. But he is like genuinely ideological about this in a way that it is I think a lot more dangerous, especially because now he's extremely powerful. Yeah but he is. He's super handsome, so it's fine for me personally.
Speaker 2: I think he's huge shoulders.
Speaker 4: But like people like, I mean he he also Okay, this is the thing I can't really tell about like any of the guys in Trump world, like RFK right now is like how much do they care about being popular? Like it's a really weird moment. Unlike Trump one where like they kind of still cared about the economy, about like getting voted again, like voted into power again, like the normal sort of levers of democracy. But now I have no idea if RFK actually cares, if he like if he causes a measles outbreak.
Speaker 6: No, it's like them, each of them are their own little zelots. They're like riding this till the wheels come off. And first of all, I dispute that he's hot. He he seems like an or I mean, if you like an orange dummy bear that's been left out in the sun. You know, like that's like the sort of like he's like, yeah, he looks out.
Speaker 2: He looks like his skin looked like turkey jerky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's always telling you the last thing he's gonna ever tell you.
Speaker 4: And you're like, he looks like he's I mean, but I bet he looks like he just smells crazy, like like he like like he's just got crazy old man.
Speaker 2: But you know what it is, like he has crazy old man smell. But Cheryl Hines like sprays him with a ton of columb before he goes out the door because he doesn't listen to her, and she's like, Okay, cover the dead fucking whalehead the car. Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like to your point, Yeah, he doesn't give a fuck about This guy is fucking chopping off whaleheads to take home and playing Heidi Bear with like a dead bear cub and like setting it up in Central Park. This guy is like on, he's got his own fucking shit going that. I don't know how you get through to him. And to that same thing. He he kind of understands optics well enough because he comes from like a political background where he's like, Okay, I'll do this thing, I'll glad hand with grieving families and then just kind of give some give a headline that maybe people won't look right into what I say directly after that where I show that was all fucking fake and I just said that to say it because I'm a sociopath.
Speaker 3: But yeah, hey, I.
Speaker 6: Mean he's yeah, he's like doing the whole like you know, experiments that you know he did when he was eight years old on you know, feeding whatever animal to his falcon, Like it's just that on a greater scale. It truly our Ter Junior is probably the most singlely most terrifying person in the administration. I hold and it I mean, one thing, if he were going after big pharma, like he says he hates, but they're not doing fuck all about big pharma. Like if you if you were normal, like if you were like, Okay, I understand my anti vaxx positions are not popular, but my anti pharma stuff is anti big pharma. You would lead with that, you know what I mean, and try.
Speaker 4: Like it's there's no point there to what he's doing.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, It's it's like everything in this administration, it's like we just need one thing to kind of point to a problem people kind of agree on, and then I'll do nothing that is actually consistent with that. I'm just sort of using I'm evoking that that sense of outrage and then be like, and that's why I gotta do this other backward stuff, right, we gotta vaccine. I don't know, but yeah, this is uh, you know, we'll continue to see what's going on with this, but yeah, that that measles outbreak doesn't seem like it's letting up at the moment. Let's keep talking about the economy, guys, mostly because I think this is I don't know this is it's starting to there. I'm seeing I see headlines. There's headlines every week that's.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, starting to crack.
Speaker 2: It did seem like we were getting a little wobbly last week with the GOP and everybody sort of staying in line and being like insisting that everything is fine. This administration does is fine, these tariffs will be fine. Then the markets took an absolute dump and we're getting sort of various versions of dissent coming out. So right now, a lot of like the big billionaire's hedge fund investors, the people who like people the hyper wealthy that we're backing Trump are now awkwardly kind of doing a tweet that's kind of like, I mean, I don't know what he thinks is going to happen, but we're about to fuck everything up if we go forward with these tariffs without totally losing it on Trump, like Bill Ackman, Jamie Diamond, Howard Marks from oak Tree Capital. That list goes on and on and on where people are doing a version of not attacking Trump but being like this will end poorly. We're already seeing it, but they won't go full bore and say, like, get this fucking guy out of here. This is a disaster, although it seems like they say that privately. Elon Musk has lost around thirty billion dollars since Liberation Day, which brings his total losses for this calendar year to around one hundred and thirty billion. Mark Zuckerberg lost twenty eight billion since Liberation Day. Jeff Bezos lost around twenty three billion. Warren Buffett is the outlier here. He lost about two and a half billion last week, but that puts him up over twelve billion this year. Because I think he's one of the few billionaires that just noped his way out of shares like things like Apple and Bank of Americans Group, and he's like, what is this.
Speaker 5: Fucking guy gonna do?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no, no, no, no, don't. I'm this is not gonna help anyone.
Speaker 2: So things aren't great for the people that were so willing to bend over backwards for Trump in the name of, you know, increased inequality. Musk is now basically telling the Europeans that he wants zero tariffs. That's what he's now coming to them with with Europe though, yeah, yeah, yeah, with Europe specifically, because this was him sort of addressing a European audience, and I think he was also looking at how Tesla is just useless.
Speaker 3: Or the thing he's part of.
Speaker 4: I think it's part of the plan though, which is like you put up the tariffs and then you basically make them like bend the knee to get rid of them.
Speaker 2: Right of course, of course that's the whole thing. Like where people always talk about Trump one of the best, not the best negotiating strategies, but a negotiating strategy is make people think like you will blow the earth up to get your way. So people go, damn, we don't want him blow the earth up, we might as well do what he is. And he's like, probably I'm not. I secretly I'm not gonna do it, but hopefully they will come to me. But here's Elon Musk again with a bit of a softer tone, as he tends to do when his money goes shrinky Dinks, talking to the to a European audience about where he sees tariffs.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to see how visibly high an academy he is in this clip.
Speaker 2: I think he's on beta blockers, probably based on just sort of his like low, sort of measured tone.
Speaker 3: But here here's here's Elon.
Speaker 14: And I'm hopeful, for example, with the tariffs, that that at the end of the day, I hope it is agreed that both Europe and the United States should move iteally in my view, to a zero tariff situation, effectively creating a free trade zone between Europe and North America, and.
Speaker 3: That that would be my That's what I hope I hope occurs.
Speaker 14: There's like also more freedom of people to move between Europe and North America.
Speaker 2: Which people which people knew that, yeah, exact.
Speaker 6: Are the white people?
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: I love this, Oh my god. I love how Saddie is. I love that it's the same energy that he brought when he was like, you know, how are you running your businesses with with with with great difficulty, To be honest with you, I want him to get so annoyed at the United States and be like, oh, you didn't even let me buy your Wisconsin Supreme Court seat. I'm going back to Africa like just you know, I really want him to go back to South Africa and be like, let's create I don't want this obviously for the people of South Africa, but I'm like, just go, just go.
Speaker 5: He's like, let's do a part.
Speaker 2: He tries to get in on that same pro like refugee program.
Speaker 6: He's like, but I he goes back and then tries to come again, so he doesn't want to buy the Trump gold card. This is a guy who is I mean, I think he's reflecting what everyone else is, which is like, it's not even about bringing countries to heal and having equal tariffs, it's it is Donald Trump thinks that any trade deficit is bad for the United States. That US being able to buy more from countries that make diamonds or coffee or bananas, things that we don't buy that inherently means we're being screwed over. It is dumb, dumb economics. Like again, he needs to go to school. He means he should have actually finished his fucking classes at Wharton or whatever. And I love py either, Like, we're going to create a free trade zone, bitch, what do you think the last thirty years has been for the United States? It has been nothing but a free trade zone for multinational corporations. They literally have free trade zones in all of the impoverished countries. You're now slapping with tariffs so that you get your cheap goods for free, and that manufacturers can pay shit wages, Like do not understand what's been set up for the last you know again, thirty years.
Speaker 2: This is how he's gonna extract concessions from many nations. Right, Oh, that's the cool thing, and then America will be winning again. But yeah, to your point, when he's like, oh, yeah, our trade with Madagascar's way off, it's like why because because we get vanilla from them, they make seventy per they produce seventy percent of the vanilla on the fucking planet. Like what are we opening up the Central Valley now to do? Like we're growing coffee, We're going bananas, We're going all these others.
Speaker 6: If you dig a little bit deeper, there's definitely some vanilla in the Earth's crust. Like where does he think it's coming from?
Speaker 4: I mean I read that it's actually not physically possible for America to grow enough coffee for America coffee drinkers, Like it actually can't be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, truly, And this is again the sort of you see a ton of weird responses under like posts, like in comment sections like on Fox and other places where like they're explaining, oh, like we get a lot of this from this country, Like wait, bo I thought, oh I thought.
Speaker 3: This company was American. It's like, yeah, where do you think the fucking material?
Speaker 4: Oh no, yeah, none of the anymore quick lesson. Yeah, but I kind of sympathize sort of with like especially like the average conservative voter who is now sort of like realizing that like they elected like a demented old man who now has like absolute power, and like they're never going to admit it probably, but like this is why you don't do this, Like this is this is also not new, like authoritarians do weird economic shit all the time, like going all the way back to like Nazism, like they did weird economic shit, like the Latin American dictatorships did weird economic shit. Like this is just how it goes, because that's what happens when you have a weird old man in charge of your country with no checks, a bound Yeah, and now we can't nail it.
Speaker 2: Or coffee and gassing you up all the time, like yep, yep, exactly, that's sir, exactly exactly just how this works.
Speaker 6: Like oh, sorry, sorry not to cut you off. I was just gonna jump On because the South America stuff. You know, I lived in Argentina for many years.
Speaker 4: And perfect example, they still.
Speaker 6: Are paying for the you know debt that the military junta incurred. They were the ones who started the World Bank sort of you know debt structure, and they're still paying it now. And what's so crazy is like you see the way that Elon revers Jaber Melay right in in Argentina, and you're like, yeah, but we aren't Argentina. I live there. We don't have a six hundred percent inflation rate every goddamn year in which case right yet, And so that's exactly it's like we're trying to I think I don't think that this is the goal, but I do think it's like, oh, you're going to cheapen the dollar. You want to turn us into like a competitive in quotation Marx country, rather than embracing the fact that we are literally the economic hedgemon for a reason. And yeah, I know, I mean it's amazing you hear Howard Lutni, Commerce Secretary kind of echo these things that I used to say in the early two thousands part of the global justice movement, like you know, the these labor standards and environmental practices abroad are really bad. It's like, yet, no shit it man. So it's just like stop trying to everyone's trying to couch it, no matter if it's Lutnik or if it's you know, Scott bestt or something bestin exactly or must or whomever or other billionaires. I think he's gonna in three weeks is gonna bring everyone to heal no matter what. They're all just trying to make it look like what it is, make it not look like what it is, which is a massive fucking fuck up that, honestly, speaking of the junta, we could be paying for for decades and decades and decades.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you mentioned that. I Uh, I used to live in Brazil, so Apollo and uh you could obviously see the ghosts of their dictatorship still to this day. But I was living there during a hyperinflationary moment where the ray I went from I think three ray eyes to the dollar and a six like overnight. And I don't think that the average American like understands like what that looks or feels like. We're like, you know, you go to the store and they're just taping new numbers being over just like that. Yeah, no, like it literally is just like that. Yeah, I mean for the businesses that don't go out of business, right, So, like you know, if you if you really can't like grab your head around this, just like just you know, imagine like a moment two or three weeks from now when like you don't actually in your mind know what things cost anymore, and like the chaos that that's gonna be. And like and as you said, even if we come through this and we're still in a democracy where we go back to some sort of quote unquote normal democracy, that stuff doesn't go away. Like the damage is decades, generations long. So that's what I'm the most excited about right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I.
Speaker 4: Mean I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a lot of people are like when are they gonna impeach them? What's gonna happen? I mean, like, I think it is interesting because there is like it's like what happens when one guy is just trying to fuck up all the capitalists' money and like how do they respond, like do that because like they were all in line when they thought that this was just going to be like yeah, dude, it's just an open season on fucking people like workers over and consumers over. But they're like wait wait not not not totally fucking up the game either, because we're seeing things like there's a there was a lawsuit out of Florida.
Speaker 3: I think that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: The New Civil Liberties Alliance filed a complaint over the legality of Trump's tariffs, specifically because he was talking about how he's using this specific Act to be able to say like I can circumvent Congress and I can I can levy tariffs just because I want to. So the New Civil Liberties Alliance was representing a Florida based like stationary company. They again argue Trump doesn't have the legal authority to just declare shit like this. It's also very interesting is the New Civil Liberties Alliance is partly funded by Charles Koch and Leonard Leo. And you're like, okay, this like a what is is this a little bit of some asymmetrical warfare here are they trying to bring him to heal? I mean guy, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean these guys that have their monkey paw and they're like fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah truly like where I'm like, oh, oh, okay. Then we've seen Republicans. We saw a Representative Bacon from Nebraska say like he's like, I'm going to represent legislator introduce legislation to law back some of the authority to enact tariffs, like that should be our responsibility as Congress. But again that may be less of an effective strategy, considering that Mike Johnson put language into a bill in a procedural vote last month that quote would prevent the Chamber from voting on any proposed bill that would end Trump's National Emergency Declaration against Mexico, Canada, and China, which again, as in the Washington Post, it puts it effectively shielding House Republicans from taking a hard vote that could rebuke the president.
Speaker 6: That was the biggest thing in the budget bill that everyone was so concerned about. That's why it is unforgivable that Chuck Schumer and nine other Senate Democrats voted for it is because it abdicated Congressional responsibility to oversight for things like the budget, for things like the very budget they sign that away. And so yeah, the fact that they're like, oh, shoot, I get to find Prince said, we don't have any power. You can't just ask for your balls back after you've like handed them over. Can't be like cause them now. No, it's not how it works.
Speaker 2: You've handed them over, just now you're really done.
Speaker 4: What really gets me, though, is that like, this is how it goes, Like you're talking about like the Junta in Argentina, in Chile, in Brazil, going everytatorship you want to look at that comes to power, the capitalists like, we love this, this is so cool, and thetships like give me your money, and they're like, oh, I didn't think that that would happen. I mean, it's every single instance going like going back one hundred and fifty years when this happens, So don't I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think I don't have any sympathy at all. I mean I think that's part of the sort of sickness that bleeds into the minds of these capitalists too, is that they their their value system is so like they have such tunnel vision that they don't actually consider any other factor aside from I'm making the line go up and and this guy's helping, and I don't know what the other stuff that he's saying because I'm pretty sure he's all in on this thing too cut to you are now surprised, Pikachu dot Jake.
Speaker 4: That's why that's why I'm I'm very liquid in fart coin right now.
Speaker 3: I tell us about that.
Speaker 4: I was doing talk to a coin but then a point yeah hawk coin, but it went down.
Speaker 2: This guy's not a true believer or not. He's a fed dude.
Speaker 5: He didn't.
Speaker 4: I just think I just think any good leftist listening to this should invest in fart coin next. You know, that's what you guys should do.
Speaker 2: Part coin or just fart on your coins, whatever you got left, try those.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 6: I think that's a really good point about like fascists and and the ways that it's seen like, oh, this is going to help business, But in fact, because they have so much unchecked power and they're actually often not smart enough to do the ship that they're doing, it's not ultimately good for business. The real thing we have to hold on to is that, like the dollar is still dominant, the point in which companies are not coming back to the country and we are trying to borrow from other you know what I mean, Like that's when we are gonna get really fucked. But again this idea that like the jobs are coming back, that like, you know, all this is possible because right, because let's follow their logic, it is okay, everything's gonna be really expensive to import. Obviously that's falling on consumers. Consumers aren't gonna buy very much. Then companies will what take five years to ten years to build more infrastructure here in the US that will bring about jobs that pay about I don't know, nine to fifty an hour, maybe to assemble an iPhone. In twelve years, you could get that job again, it'll be nine to fifty like and then prosperity.
Speaker 2: For yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So wait, I was actually I was working on a piece about this this morning. I've seen the answer to that question, like if you and I'm sure you've guy seen this too, No, like if you dig around like the fucking dark corners of right now, the answer is it's prosperity because women are out of the workforce, men work in factories, and we've returned to traditional gender roles. That is the final project of this and you can see it this morning where like there's people in Fox News being like we're solving the masculinity crisis by building factories in America. Yes, like that's what's happening.
Speaker 6: When you come home, there will be a roast in the oven. It'll be called my head exactly.
Speaker 4: But that's that's the plan, is that the plan is to essentially destroy the global economy so that women don't go to work anymore. Men have to like make like buttons in a factory in Wisconsin somewhere.
Speaker 2: There's so many Yeah, there's so many endgames that are so probable. It's like frightening, you know, because then there's like the version of we need to accelerate the degradation of like the economy here, so people just get frothing at the mouth for some kind of new fucked up social norms.
Speaker 6: So fifteen years, I foresee will be making buttons for a Chinese podcast after having having to give up our podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chinese century is here, baby, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean that's really the winner in all this. That's what's so funny. I Mean, we talked about how Russia is not included on the tariff list, but it really is China once again crushing it. And good for them.
Speaker 5: They didn't do.
Speaker 2: They're doing what Chuck Schumer is doing. They're like, Noah, bro Let. These motherfuckers.
Speaker 6: They took that James Carville advice like Playdad played dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, go ahead, no, yea, go through with that. You know, we make everything that your fucking people consume all the time, right, are you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: I'm smuggling a Hawaii phone across the border as we speak right now.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Well, Luckily, there are still people that have completely lost touch with reality and have no idea how the economy works. Because Pastor Julie Green, aka the Maga prophet who Eric Trump goes.
Speaker 3: I love show a lot. She's great.
Speaker 2: He was recently on and she was like, Eric, your father I believe was anointed by God.
Speaker 3: And He's like, yeah, that part exactly.
Speaker 4: It's got a lot of teeth and gum you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: She also explained that the tariffs are basically Satan trying to make President Trump look bad. So here, let's let's let let's let her sort of explain this, because I how this works. Okay, it makes it's very clear, like obviously, like the terriffs look bad if you understand Satan's plan. And she says the word enemy, I don't know who It could be people of color, it could be the world, it could be Satan.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Use it interchangeably in your mind.
Speaker 15: First of all, this was a strategy to the enemy.
Speaker 11: From the enemy, God.
Speaker 15: Said, what happened to make our president look bad?
Speaker 5: She's very drunk.
Speaker 2: She's just about to say.
Speaker 4: She has an incredible she has the most incredible Pino grucial voice I ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you shouldn't drink like a half bottle Carlo Rossi Savion blanc and take a Xanax bar this.
Speaker 4: I want to queen out. I want to queen out with this woman so badly. You talk about demons and spirits. Holy shit it she has the most incredible turquoise jewelry. I want to just hang out with this one. So if you yes ended her in this state, she's in you. This conversation will go to places you never thought fucking imagine, like exactly, talk that.
Speaker 6: Ship down, Mike, Wait, this is way better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, just going Yeah, it's her sister.
Speaker 3: Okay, go on freaking out.
Speaker 15: First of all, from the enemy, God said, what happened to make our president look bad? To make the tariffs look bad? Actually, the tariffs are very bad for that dark financial system the enemies have in place.
Speaker 4: She can't say the word God told us.
Speaker 15: When we start seeing a shaking in the in the economy and the boy or not to fear, because this is not going to affect us. This is going to effect our enemy. And he's trying to keep a hold of the economy. They're the ones who are bringing it down. They're the ones who bring it up. They manipulate all the time. So I don't want you to fear when you start hearing these things. Whether it keeps going down today or whether it starts rebounding today, I have no idea. All I know is that God is judging that system. So if we start seeing more and more of a decline, God is saying, remember the land of Goshen.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, all right, Yeah I'm now I'm starting.
Speaker 3: To feel totally fucked up just listening to Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's like, she's so cool. I love I love her.
Speaker 6: She's I wish I had that confidence, you know, just to be like half a bottle deep and be like I'm going live and talking.
Speaker 2: I want to get out, and you're so drunk. You can only blame you can only describe global economics as like just.
Speaker 5: The enemy and then now and they're mad.
Speaker 3: It's it's all the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's said if justice John Robbins was going to be Roberts was going to be imprisoned for.
Speaker 6: Election, Oh god no. But I'm like, I'm like, this is people listen to these people like it's simple, it makes sense. And you're like, if you think that Trump, God, don't don't white people know they can still be racist if Trump goes away, Like, don't they know.
Speaker 5: You don't need.
Speaker 6: You still got it, don't worry, like there'll be other racists, There'll be other white you know, white You're you're doing it great, you know, and you're just like, oh my god, but we've really jumped the shark with these kinds of folks. And they were like, no, the more they hate you, And honestly, this is kind of a symptom of Internet culture more broadly, and as someone who's sort of in the pundit world on the Internet and political pundit world, like you see it play out of well not naming names, but like where you're like, the more people get mad at you, some folks are like, that's when you're doing it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean I agree with that though for me personally, like that's if people hate me because I'm telling the truth, that's what I say. Yeah, but I would agree because you can't back down, you can't lose the fight.
Speaker 2: Right, No, No, And then you do this quintupling down on nonsense and we end up in like I wonder if she just saw her stock portfolio or some shit, and she's like, oh shit, give me that fucking bottle, give me some of my I'm about to go.
Speaker 6: She's got gold bars energy, she got real gold bars energy.
Speaker 2: She's she she got z bar, she got Xanax bars energy.
Speaker 4: I want to get thrown out of a Margaritaville with her, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: And they're like, I don't know, I don't know what words she used, but it felt like it was a racial slur. Although I don't know exactly what the thing, but if had the energy that she said, that's how she gets thrown out. I've a margaritavill All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about a thing that's really popping off that isn't the economy. The Minecraft movie, and we are back and I don't know if do do you?
Speaker 5: Do? You all play games?
Speaker 3: Am I the am? I?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: Am I the sole gamer here? Not video? Okay?
Speaker 5: Based on that?
Speaker 2: Based on how slow? Yeah, I already know that's okay, that's okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: It's me with my little computer games.
Speaker 2: Because look, I'm much I'm a child of the eighties and I love me some video games.
Speaker 3: But I just want to point out this thing. Well, what are you laughing at, Blake?
Speaker 7: I have the giggles now of like, what's the rights opinion on everything?
Speaker 3: Of just like gamers are women, you know, just everything is just a woman Like yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, dude, if you played Nintendo, you're actually amid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what that's it. That's all it is.
Speaker 5: The dude.
Speaker 2: The most boss shit is to fucking scream into a pillow case. Okay, no pillow in it, just in the pillowcase. But anyway, Trump basically has proudly shipped on so many groups of people we can't even keep track. And we were talking on yesterday show Ryan Roderick and we were in Francesco.
Speaker 3: We were talking about the gamers.
Speaker 2: Now, what happens when Nintendo switched to that was announced the same day of the tariffs, goes up exponentially in price because people are already like, yo, why is this shit so much more expensive? And now Nintendo has basically canceled that not basically, they have canceled US pre orders in order to quote assess the potential impact of tariffs and evolving market conditions.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 2: Again, they were already jacking the price up on the switch to in anticipation of the tariffs, and they even in twenty nineteen were just like, I don't know where this shit's going to go. They moved the production from China to Vietnam to avoid US tariffs on China, but they weren't expecting the tariffs to be so high in Vietnam because right now it's forty six percent. So we'll we'll see how that shakes out. And now experts have pointed out that this won't be limited to Nintendo. The tariffs are going to have a huge impact on the video game industry as a whole, and you look around on social media, Reddit, et cetera. People are not taking the new as well. Obviously, I don't know if how much of a political force this will turn into or manifest into. But just considering the fact that seventy six percent of adults in the US played video games on at least one platform that was from last year, and it's also one of the big, if not the biggest, form of mass entertainment. In twenty twenty two, global consumer spending on video games was more than the music and movie industries combined, and we saw political candidates try and get in good with gamers. The Harris Walls campaign had a fucking this whole thing called Freedom Town USA and Fortnite, which was like, tell me you don't know what how video game players think without without saying it. This is from the description of a quote. Players can take advantage of small business tax breaks, collect construction supplies, and build new homes to lowering housing costs. They can also shoot exploding footballs at opponents, a reference to Wallace's time as a high school coach.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, this is not. This is not.
Speaker 2: No one wants to go in there and be like, yeah, man, I can't wait to get off four A home. You want to get you want to hop off Fortnite so we can get those small business tax breaks.
Speaker 7: Take your real life that you're trying to get away from and bring it into the game, right, Guys.
Speaker 2: You gotta go to that thing where I'm I'm I gotta fight through a bunch of people to get to the small business Administration, try and get a home loan after a fire.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite level and even Trump right, he streamed with this guy, Aiden Ross. I don't know if you have heard of Aiden Ross. He's like one of the biggest street on kick. He's he was like friends with Kanye at peak problematic Kanye, although he continues to be peaker. But just to give you an idea of this guy's intellect, you know this guy. He he went to mar A Lago and did a live stream at mar Alago and a lot of people were like, oh shit, Like this was part of a lot of people pointing to Trump's campaign strategy and being like He's going after these like younger streamer podcast type people who have huge audiences. Yeah, and this guy gave him like a fucking gifted him a cyber truck that had like the assassination attempt picture like wrapped on the graphic on it. It was very fucking sad. WHOA and I just want to point to this man's intellect because it is very, very impressive. At one point, I'm pretty sure on one of his streams someone was asking, like why he supports a fascist in Trump? And this is the process of him trying to figure out what a fascist is.
Speaker 11: What is a fastest?
Speaker 5: Mean fastest?
Speaker 2: What does a fascist mean?
Speaker 11: It means you are a far right authorization on the alter ultra.
Speaker 9: Oh my godnatist analyst political ideology characterized by dictator leadership, centralized autocracity, militarism for forcible suppression, suppression of opposition.
Speaker 5: Yo, he can't read, he.
Speaker 2: Bro Floyd Mayweather has better reading skills than this kid.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, far what was that?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna read the real thing again out loud, like a like a person with just who is literate?
Speaker 3: Fascism?
Speaker 2: He pulls up the Google definite fascism is a far right authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized our talk. See militarism forcible suppression of opposition. Now let's let's give it to me one more time for the top eighten far.
Speaker 11: Right authorization on the Alter ultra ultra.
Speaker 9: Oh, my god, analytist analystalgy.
Speaker 11: Movement characterized by dictator of leadership, centralized autocracity, militarism for autos, suppression, suppression of opposition. So I don't know what that means. I should have got. I don't know what the fuck of fascism is. I don't know what the fuck it is.
Speaker 2: It's a it's an ulture, not a lotti, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's ultra not a lotist.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm I'm all about fastists, you know what I mean, because that's the authorization of.
Speaker 3: You know, also not like us. They not like us? Okay, and here we are.
Speaker 2: The way he like is rage quitting while reading a word is so frightening. And I feel like this isn't just limited to Aiden Ross like.
Speaker 5: He is America Dog, there's a huge there is a huge chunk of very manly men who cannot read but sway on games, you know.
Speaker 3: For real, for real, And I'm read.
Speaker 5: Considering my relationship, all the choices I've made, Like, maybe I just need to find an ultra nautilist author is authorized.
Speaker 2: Authorization, dictation? Do you authorize this charge?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course autocracy?
Speaker 2: You know that's a.
Speaker 5: Wait, what are you.
Speaker 2: Recording right now?
Speaker 3: What? What what audio program do you guys record on? Are you using audacity or autocracity?
Speaker 5: I'm using autochrasmosity.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the Oh that's the paid version.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean like this is to your point, like Lydia, this really does speak to like a lot of people were laughing at him in the chat, but a lot of people who watch him also have no idea what fascism is also have no idea like what rights are. And this is a huge reason why people are like I can't believe they voted for him, Like, these people don't fucking know some of the some of the people have no idea, no fucking concept of basic civics, and.
Speaker 3: They just go to well what does Aiden Ross think? Was Joe Jogan say? Oh okay, and off you go.
Speaker 2: And now cut to Aiden Ross this weekend after the fucking stock market took a huge ship. This guy is invested in all kinds of crypto. Uh, you know, has obviously owns a ton of stock. This is him, I guess, reaping what he sews because he's sitting at his life like at his desk, watching his stoks go to ship in front of his eyes. And here's his reaction about what I mean, this is what fascism do to you.
Speaker 3: I don't know how.
Speaker 11: Maybe guys are investing in crypto or stocks.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is going on with with our country?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 3: Why am I poor?
Speaker 11: What is going on in the world?
Speaker 3: Why the fuck is this going on? Some any please explain it?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Why are we all losing? Why are we all negative?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 3: Does anybody know why? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love I love that.
Speaker 3: Why I think we know a lotist?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should blame a ulternt a lottist.
Speaker 5: M hm. He just turned into a woman right in front of our eyes.
Speaker 2: Just walk right in front of the screen. But he's gonna understand in front of a computer screen.
Speaker 5: Can't do it? Why are we negative? That's girl math?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's really it's really, really tough.
Speaker 2: He was later on the live stream with DJ Academics and they were talking about like he was like, I'm getting killed PJ Academics said that with like he was probably spitting like te Keil all over himself as he said that, and Aiden Ross is like, yeah, like he looks so I should probably pull up a clip.
Speaker 3: He looks so distraught.
Speaker 2: He's just like, yeah, dude, it's it's not good.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 5: Well, which is so funny to see people who fundamentally don't understand investing, Like stocks are a volatile environment, right, Like that is the nature not real money. You are representing the idea of how much money you could possibly be held responsible with, right, Like, that's what debt is. It's it's so funny. So like, dog, you've been for the whole time. You've just been playing this weird game where your gold starred and people think that you're worth of whatever bullshit you're spewing gives you the right to have access to certain amount of dollars which aren't even really being exchanged. You're just exchanging promisory notes of more and more debt. So, dog, you've been broke the whole time, My guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're playing a game. Bro.
Speaker 2: They do give into the whole fucking the thing. He know what he's you know, how much he said he lost eight figures, So we're talking a minimum of ten million dollars.
Speaker 3: He's saying, was he reading that number or was That's what I.
Speaker 5: Wanted to ask, because like, how are you diversified, are you fully poured into just like fucking crypto one two three. I mean, I don't know how crypto works, because I also don't think that's real, but like in terms of stocks, like you're supposed to have a diverse portfolio so that if you take a hit, it kind of spreads itself out. Not to say that you're not going to get a hit, like obviously your over all portfolio is going to reduce.
Speaker 2: But this kid is not smart, so I'd imagine he is probably so overleveraged in like two things, you know what I mean, And he probably was like he probably saw what like a lot of people saw the crypto spike that happened after the election and was like, whoa baby?
Speaker 3: Up is good?
Speaker 2: I'm more if this is where this shit is going, sign me the fuck up, Yeah, they say. He there's like when you look for like what's his net worth, people say around sixteen and twenty four million, Maybe not anymore, bro.
Speaker 5: I I just want to leave this tip here. Costco sells gold bars. You can buy one ounce gold from Costco at the current price of gold sometimes a little bit under. All I'm saying is this gold is a standard right. So, like, if you're a small time investor and you don't really understand the stark monk, go buy some gold. It in a safe Gold will always be gold. Okay, that's why the price will go up. The price will go down. But like, don't get on fucking red Robin dot com or whatever these little sits are and buy like a slice of a stock. That shit makes me so angry. I owned twelve slices. You what it's like saying you own half of the pizza dog? What are you doing? Yeah, there's better ways to invest your money. Throw up.
Speaker 2: I own half of the tire that's on that lambo.
Speaker 5: All right, that's like owning a like owning a jacket. With a friend. We bought this Dulce coat together.
Speaker 3: I get it as I did.
Speaker 2: I remember I did that.
Speaker 3: I did that with a throwback jersey when I was in high school. Who was it?
Speaker 2: It was a Willis reed in New York Knicks throwback jersey. I was like, bro, look, let's go half on it because you could wear like when I'm not wearing it, you could wear an advice versa.
Speaker 3: Because I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't afford a whole ass. Mitchell and nest throwback NBA jersey.
Speaker 5: I did that at twelve. We had a skirt that me and two of the girls shared in.
Speaker 2: But none of this and that example, idiot, that's actually useful. I mean, like you could be like I got the coat, now you got the coat. You're not gonna do shit with like your friend actional ownership of some other weird thing just to try and bring more people into your fucking Ponzi scheme.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, Week seven of a single Johnson and Johnson Stock. Congratulations on your point seven to two cents.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, you've played yourself. So congratulations, Aiden Ross, you have played yourself. I hope maybe Trump will give you back that cyber truck man because maybe you can get some money for that. I don't know, but good luck to you, and by that I mean bad luck to you.
Speaker 3: Okay the hell?
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like. The show means the world to Miles. He he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend, and I will talk to him Monday. By sounding