Speaker 1: I spent the last fifteen years in my life fighting like hell to make sure that I never ended up here. But then I met her. No part of me wanted to walk away from Honor that morning, which is exactly why I knew I had to.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about curses.
Speaker 3: There may have to be broken.
Speaker 1: She has shifted my center of gravity, leaving her for like to find the laws at the universe.
Speaker 3: You got a promise that you'll let me go.
Speaker 4: Oh morning, mister Watts, you sleep well like a baby.
Speaker 2: Oh glad to hear it.
Speaker 4: Maybe you'll be up for a chat now that you're arrested.
Speaker 5: I think this is my first rodeo. We're not chatting until my lawyer is ye.
Speaker 4: As much as I would love to talk to you, there's someone else who would like work first. I see you found the coffee machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very resourceful. Sit down.
Speaker 1: I figured Honor would lay low at Diego's, but she was determined to get answers from at least one of the men in her life that day.
Speaker 4: Can I have the room armed with two scalding hot cups of Joe?
Speaker 3: Are you sure I can trust you?
Speaker 6: I promise that I won't hurt your suspect. I just want to talk, of.
Speaker 3: Course, Miss Thompson. I am sure you too have I.
Speaker 2: Need to cover.
Speaker 5: I wanted to catch up with you over coffee for years, but this isn't exactly what I pictured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes two of us.
Speaker 5: Thanks, I know who you want.
Speaker 6: You owe me an explanation. Why are you here, dad, jesus?
Speaker 5: I know this is an interrogation room, but.
Speaker 2: Just answer the question.
Speaker 5: I guess the FBI has some questions about my business practices, not in jail on the island.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see you.
Speaker 6: If you just wanted to see me, you could have done it in La So why don't you tell me the truth?
Speaker 2: Huh? I've been hearing some rumors, rumors about what exactly about.
Speaker 5: You being in way over your head. I was trying to protect you, Okay, Why the hell is.
Speaker 3: That so funny?
Speaker 6: You were just so full of shit. You know that this isn't about protecting me. This is about controlling me again. If this was about protection, you wouldn't have had to hire Nico to trick me into.
Speaker 2: Coming to New York.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't have come let me finish.
Speaker 6: If you cared about protecting me, you would have helped me when I came to you all those years ago, instead of just turning me away. If you cared about protecting me, you wouldn't have let a decade go by while some asshole crushed me under his heel.
Speaker 5: Anna, I had no idea what was going on with you.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know where you were. All these you could have found out Dad.
Speaker 5: I tried, kid, but eventually I just had to assume you didn't want to be found. You made it pretty clear you didn't want me to be in your life.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't have stopped you.
Speaker 5: You're right, it shouldn't have, and I'm never gonna forgive myself forgiving.
Speaker 3: I'm so easy.
Speaker 5: When I heard about your mom, I realized I missed my chance that ever made things right with her, and that fucking destroyed me. I guess I was just trying to not make the same mistake with you.
Speaker 2: You know, don.
Speaker 6: I genuinely wish I had any reason to believe you, But you've never given me that.
Speaker 2: All you've ever done.
Speaker 3: Is take what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: You took away Mom's chance at having the career she earned by forcing her to leave the island. You took away my chance at having an actual dad in my life, dad who cared about me, who believed in me. And when I finally finally meet someone I could maybe see myself loving, I find out you've taken that too. You mean Nicholas, Yes, Nico, the first person, the first person I.
Speaker 2: Meet who really sees me. You already own no like it matters now, he's already long gone. What do you mean gone? He left this morning. Seems to think he's doing me a favor.
Speaker 6: How is it that every time a man tells me he's doing what's best for me, he manages to be dead wrong.
Speaker 5: Ana, Please, you can't be alone right now. Someone needs to be looking out for.
Speaker 6: You in case I can look out for myself, Marcus, God knows I've had enough practice.
Speaker 5: Wait, at least let me tell you what I found out about Jordan. I can't let you walk out.
Speaker 6: What you can't do is make me listen to this shit for another second?
Speaker 3: Who are you too done talking already?
Speaker 5: You need to get Nico down here before he gives you the slip.
Speaker 4: Oh, we'll be calling him back for questioning very soon.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, Sue isn't good enough.
Speaker 5: You need to talk to him now it can't wait.
Speaker 3: Can I ask what the urgency is?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you that and anything else you want to know if you get.
Speaker 3: Him here.
Speaker 1: Immediately.
Speaker 2: Underwater, Episode eight, The Last Dance.
Speaker 7: Afternoon, Sir, can I help you?
Speaker 3: Nicholas Alexander fled to New York.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it looks like that flight has been delayed hell long, about five hours. Fuck all right, here's your boarding pass.
Speaker 3: Thank you, m.
Speaker 1: Fuck appreciate you let me ride in the front man. I ain't a big fan of that back seat.
Speaker 4: You're not under arrest, mister Alexander, though, I do believe I remember asking you to stay close.
Speaker 1: And get on the plane today. So why exactly do you need me back at the station for questioning?
Speaker 4: Marcus wants to talk to you, okay, and your cooperation will make this entire process go so much more smooth.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I served him up to you on a silvil platter, Gabe. You really need me to do your entire job for you, don't you?
Speaker 4: Yes, you have been incredibly helpful, and I would appreciate you keeping it up.
Speaker 1: Please, I'll see what I could do for you, since you act so nicely and all.
Speaker 8: Put your seat bet on.
Speaker 3: Where's Marcus, Nico? What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: I called him in, Detective, Well, you could have told me that Gabriel this way. Oh, I should warn you. Mister Watts has been pretty upset since his daughter left earlier.
Speaker 1: Wait, Anna was here today, Nicholas, Nah, you don't need to open it.
Speaker 3: It's like that, is it?
Speaker 8: You're damn right, and I will give you boys some privacy.
Speaker 5: Where the hell have you been?
Speaker 1: I was about to get on a plane and leave your ass here, but I couldn't go without saying my piece.
Speaker 3: Fuck your piece.
Speaker 2: Go find Anna.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: She's a grown woman, Marcus, she can go over the fuck she wants.
Speaker 5: She's a hue f No fucking idea what you've done? Do you you know about her ex?
Speaker 3: She told me all about him.
Speaker 5: You clearly don't know everything, or you wouldn't have left her side. He's alive, Niko, and he's coming for her.
Speaker 3: What you talking about? Man? I called in every.
Speaker 1: Favor to track Anna down after her mom died.
Speaker 5: When I finally figured out where she was, I caught win of what had gone down with her scumbag ex boyfriend. What I found out was he was still alive. He was still out there that he was still looking for her too. I made a plan to get her back home to New York right away. That's why I sent you down here.
Speaker 3: You were trying to keep her safe.
Speaker 5: Yes, you were supposed to get her off the island and back to New York before Jordan found her first. He's broke, he's desperate, he's unwell. Who knows what he's capable of? Do you know where she is right now? No?
Speaker 3: She left a while ago. Alone alone is the best case scenario.
Speaker 1: I thought I was keeping it safe by walking away.
Speaker 3: We did was put in more danger? Then?
Speaker 5: Why are you still here, Nicholas?
Speaker 3: For what it's worth, I'm sorry somehow I don't believe.
Speaker 5: That, Agent Miller.
Speaker 3: Yes, mister Watts, I'm ready for that chat.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, Nico, where did you run off to this morning?
Speaker 2: Why knows?
Speaker 5: Fucking wreck man?
Speaker 3: You know if he is now?
Speaker 5: Just dropped drop at.
Speaker 3: The police station. Why what's going on? Man? I fucked up?
Speaker 1: I gotta find her before anyone else could get to her.
Speaker 3: How can I help? Well, I'm on my way back to the hotel.
Speaker 1: You sweep downtown and let me know if you find her. You got it and diego yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: Course, bus I.
Speaker 3: Care about or too.
Speaker 2: Hi, you've reached on Thompson. Leave me a message and I'll get back to you.
Speaker 3: Please be here, Hona, it's me.
Speaker 1: Look, I know you probably don't want to see me, but you can at least tell me if you are right.
Speaker 9: Anna, Good afternoon, mister alex As.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Honor?
Speaker 7: No, not recently, sir, Hi Anna.
Speaker 3: Miss me Jordan?
Speaker 10: How'd you like to walk down here when no one else is around?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: Mind if I join you?
Speaker 7: It's okay, it's just me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly what are you doing here?
Speaker 7: Making sure you're right?
Speaker 10: Look, I know things got sucked up between us, but I'm here to bring you home.
Speaker 2: I'm not going anywhere with you.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 10: You want me to beg.
Speaker 3: Please, baby, I forgive you.
Speaker 7: Let's just go back home to La.
Speaker 2: I said, no, Jordan, I know you had.
Speaker 10: To blow off some steam. Say goodbye to your mom. I shouldn't have tried to stop you.
Speaker 2: You're damn right, you shouldn't have.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I just said.
Speaker 6: Are you on something?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: All right, I'm just a little horn edge.
Speaker 3: Look we've done this before.
Speaker 7: You pack your bags. To make a point, I say, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We both move on this time.
Speaker 7: Do you think you have any right to say no to me?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 10: Only did you empty my bank account to comment?
Speaker 2: That was my money? Jordan, you're left me for fucking dead.
Speaker 3: I think you weared me a conversation.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't know you a damn thing. Is that a gun? I just thought we were taking a walk.
Speaker 7: We don't want to bother this family.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, don't.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 10: Now, Let's go somewhere where we can talk a little more privately.
Speaker 2: Hi, you've reached on Thompson.
Speaker 3: Hey, any of you? I keep looking sorry about that. It's fine. Listen. You haven't seen a woman down here, have you? Yeah? There was a couple just now.
Speaker 11: A couple where they go just around the bend there.
Speaker 2: Come on, Jordan, listen to me.
Speaker 6: Stop please, Jordan, Please, you don't have to do this.
Speaker 7: You're giving me a choice.
Speaker 2: Hona.
Speaker 10: I just couldn't live with myself if I didn't come down here.
Speaker 7: I try to make things right between.
Speaker 2: So I don't get to live unless I agree that what I mean?
Speaker 3: Hey, drop the gun. You the guys after my girl.
Speaker 10: I've had eyes on her this whole time, and I don't like what I've been hearing about you too.
Speaker 6: What happened between me and Nigo is none of your concern. I'm not your girl, Jordan, not anymore.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You're just being mean if you want to point that thing at anyway, pointed at me, man like you said, I'm the one who's been coming after your girl.
Speaker 10: Damn, you've got this guy ready to take a bullet for you.
Speaker 7: But don't worry. I've god enough to go around.
Speaker 1: There was no time to think, no time to come up with a perfect plan. There was only time enough to lock eyes with Honor.
Speaker 3: But that was all the.
Speaker 1: Time that I needed to know that I do anything to keep us safe, and to know that she do the same for me.
Speaker 10: But it doesn't have to come to that.
Speaker 3: No, if you come with me.
Speaker 1: But I'd be damned if I was gonna let another person that I love die while I just stood by you.
Speaker 2: Be careful, No.
Speaker 11: Ship, It's okay. I didn't I wasn't gonna shoot Hey.
Speaker 12: Hey, stay with me, okay, help fuck Honor, Honor, stay with me now, Mom, Dad, where are you?
Speaker 1: My whole life, I've been taught to think I was a threat, a liability.
Speaker 3: Nico, get out of here.
Speaker 7: Eh, you know they could have fired you.
Speaker 1: I learned that I was destined to always let people down.
Speaker 3: That I was always gonna fuck up.
Speaker 13: I don't remember you being especially good about keeping your word, Nico.
Speaker 1: And as I watched the woman I loved bleed out.
Speaker 5: On the sand, I knew all you had to do was get on or back to New York and stay. You putter a risk, you faith, Nicholas.
Speaker 3: It was all true.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to scare.
Speaker 11: It's the look I was trying to kill someone to say, man, well go to fuck fuck fuck.
Speaker 1: That meant.
Speaker 3: I had nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: Fuck mhmm.
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna have to kill you too. I told you to drop the gun.
Speaker 8: A h.
Speaker 7: Thought you had me.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Get away from him?
Speaker 9: Jordan's how to get.
Speaker 2: The funk away?
Speaker 3: You're not gonna suit me.
Speaker 2: What makes you so sure?
Speaker 10: If you could stomach that, you would have done.
Speaker 2: It years ago?
Speaker 5: Hum?
Speaker 2: Hm, she never knew me at all.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 6: It's all over, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anna, I'm afraid of Anna. Just hold on hello, somebody help up. Please, I need you to stay. I love you.
Speaker 5: Doctor tedus Kiny, Please dial one six four, Doctor Tedyskin please dial one six.
Speaker 10: Four mm hmmm, Nico, Hey, you're awake, dic.
Speaker 2: How did I get here?
Speaker 1: Nico carried you back up from the beach called an ambulance.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he would have carried you here himself if they let him.
Speaker 2: Where is he is he all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's fine. They're patching up some damage Jordan did. But you're.
Speaker 14: Hey, my hero.
Speaker 1: That would be the doctors. They had you in surgery for hours. I ain't know if you were gonna make it.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be just fine. Saved my life, you know.
Speaker 2: You saved my first.
Speaker 3: This is the most romantic thing I've ever seen in real life. Diego. You want to give us a mini man? Oh h sure of course. I'll get some snacks, Nico is Jordan? Yeah, he's gone.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm crying. I fucking hated him in the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you meant always I should have done it for you.
Speaker 14: No, I'm glad it was me. It's exactly what he deserved. It's what I deserved.
Speaker 3: There, you are gonna tell you, let me explain.
Speaker 1: You allowed to be hugging it out with a person adventuress who cares?
Speaker 3: You're all right? If you need a question us, let me go first on a nieceless sleep.
Speaker 13: Now we we will need to question you both, but but not not today. Besides, this whole thing seems pretty cut and dry.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 13: I mean it was self defense right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It was good of you to come down here man check on her on us?
Speaker 13: Well, actually, I came to give you an update on the FBI investigation. Marcus agreed to come clean to the fence on the condition that the two of you receive full immunity.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what why would he guess?
Speaker 13: He wanted to make things right. So, unless there's anything else you want to say.
Speaker 3: To the FBI, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I figured I should probably get back to the station. Just don't run off without saying goodbye again, hear.
Speaker 3: Me loud and clear. Bro. Wow, I can't believe Marcus did that either.
Speaker 14: My whole life, I've been waiting for him to show me that he gives a shit.
Speaker 2: I guess he really doesn't do havelf measures.
Speaker 3: Huh No, I just not.
Speaker 14: So what are you gonna do now you know that you're finally.
Speaker 3: For you him? Well, I'm not going anywhere until you can walk out of here together.
Speaker 2: I was hoping you'd say that.
Speaker 14: It wasn't until I thought you were really cool, and then I realized how much I wanted you to stay.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't until I left that I knew I belonged here with you.
Speaker 2: You go, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: That shit?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but whatever it is, we're gonna be in it together.
Speaker 3: If that's what you want.
Speaker 14: I mean, right now, that's all I want. Well that in a drink, and I still you a second.
Speaker 3: Round, so we both deserve one, am I right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I mean I guess I might have to wait a while before I can swap out these painkillers they got me on for one of Elena's signature cocktails.
Speaker 3: I don't see why we have to wait.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Just wanting to take back a little bit to the first night we met. Imagine Elena behind the bar whipping up some of them cocktails.
Speaker 2: With their trusty blowtorts, exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and you'll be wearing a tight red.
Speaker 2: Tress two of your signature cocktails. Amazing as usual, Alena, Thank you? An you gonna try it, handsome?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: See, I knew you'd love it.
Speaker 3: I should have trusted you.
Speaker 2: Don't you forget it? Enjoy you too. I guess we should toast my dad. He's the reason we're here.
Speaker 3: Fair enough to Marcus.
Speaker 2: To Marcus.
Speaker 3: Look, I know we just met, but I already feel like a different person.
Speaker 2: Me too. Maybe we should reintroduce ourselves. Hi, I'm Anna.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you. I don't know, I'm Nico.
Speaker 1: I'd come back to the island just hoping to make it out alive. I never dreamed that I walk away with a whole new life.
Speaker 3: Ahead of me.
Speaker 2: You finally get a dance with me.
Speaker 3: I thought you never asked.
Speaker 1: There was still a lot of unknowns ahead of us, a lot of people who might not be willing to let us get away with what we've done. But hard to imagine you following anybody's lead.
Speaker 14: I gotta say, oh, sweetie, who said you were leading?
Speaker 3: Fair enough?
Speaker 1: But if Anna was by my side, I knew we could face whatever the world threw at us.
Speaker 3: Might always just take it one step at a time.
Speaker 2: That sounds perfect to me.
Speaker 15: Under waterma, lord, coming from beyond the water.
Speaker 6: Yeah, comers, behunder water, go the.
Speaker 15: Boat, Swim Fast, Underwater, Underwater, Water.
Speaker 3: He Yeah.
Speaker 16: Underwater is an Interval Presents original production with Temple Hill Entertainment and Clamor, starring Jason and Alexandra Shipp. Written by Katrina Day, directed by Pat Kelly and Chris Kelly. Executive producer Jason Derulo, executive producers from Interval Presents, Alan Coy and Jay Kleinberg executive producers from Temple Hill Entertainment, Marty Bowen, Wick Godfrey and Alex Addison executive producers from Klamor. Rich Stadter, Aaron Hilliard, Adam Reynolds and Alison Cheno. Executive produced by Katrina Day. Executive producer from Future History Frank Harris. Special thanks to Henri De Sources, Marketing Lead Samara Still, Business Development Lead Cheffy Ellen, Sweg Meggie and Operations Lead Sarahu. Post production audio services by Kelly and Kelly, Sound design and mixed by Paul Teedeskini. Dialogue edited by Max Collins. Original music by Genevieve Vincent. Songs arranged by Genevieve Vincent. The cast includes Jason Derulo as an Eco, Alexandra Ship as Anna Kerry, Alexander as Bank teller and additional voices. Baw Bridge as Jordan, Michael Darry as credit reader and additional voices, Anisia Dubois as Dahlia and Young Dahlia, Andrew Frankel as stranger and additional voices. Walter Gray the Fourth as male tourist and additional voices, Melissa Greenspan as female tourist and additional voices, Alice Hunter as Elena, Jeremy Jordan as Gabriel, Josh Keaton as Matteo, Tara Langella as female guest and additional voices, Jonathan Leon as Young Matteo, Donnis Leonard Junior as Elias Parker, James Logi as young Boy, Emily Martinez as Carman, Michael McLoone as Marcus, Carlo Renata as Bartender, John Carlos Sabagal as Diego, David Shatraw as male guest and additional voices. Andre Sigluzzo as Sebastian, Cameron Jay Wright as Young Nico, and Hannah Zamora as Mia. Produced by Lillian Holman, post produced by Justin Schoe and Lauren Berkovich. Associate producer Erica Lowe. Music supervision by Melanie Mitchell Music Clearances by debrah Mannis Gardner DMG.
Speaker 3: Clearance is Incorporated.
Speaker 16: Audio engineered by Ian Fogerty and Ed mcinti at Gold Diggers, Brett Tuban at the Relic Room and Jordan Sweet at Challice Recording Studio. Assistant engineered by Derek mcgroen and Amber Orserti. Vocal coaching by Bianca Blush Atterbury. Casting by Marlice Gussenhauer, Sibby Kersch and Brentegata. Additional casting by Melissa Berger, Brennan, Salem Everett and Scott Forbes at CESD. Talent Script supervisor Tamara Black, Production supervisor Lizzie Sam Production coordinators Ethan Aronson and Sean Green. Production assistants Chelsea Perry and Samara Malik. Additional special thanks to Riley Fulsom and Maxim Carlick. Underwater was recorded at Gold Diggers in Los Angeles, California, Challie Recording Studio in Los Angeles, California, and the Relic Room in New York, New York. Make sure to follow under Water and listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, sirius x, or wherever you get your podcasts.