Speaker 1: Time. This is americle.
Speaker 2: There is no question, and there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man, now the new developments in the deathly spatshooting rampage man.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a really bad day.
Speaker 2: For him and this is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: White supremacist violence, it is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 1: But I'm also very proud that my wife is white. It's a practice club bitches.
Speaker 2: All right, trendy, please tell me why was I your donkey of the day, you know, donkey of today for Monday, November twenty fourth. It's inspired by the meeting between Mayor Alec Zoran Mundanni and the forty fifth and forty seventh President of the United States of America, Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard on this past Friday, Zoran Mundanni and Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump had a meeting at the White House. Okay. According to statements and reporting, they discussed.
Speaker 2: Affordability, the cost of living crisis, public safety, economic security, and federal local cooperations or on express that even with deep ideological differences there has to be a practical working relationship between the federal government in New York City.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to someone. What was said.
Speaker 2: Are you a.
Speaker 3: Format that you think Trump is a fascist? I've spoken about that.
Speaker 1: All kay.
Speaker 4: It's easier, It's easier than explaining a pedal.
Speaker 1: But would you.
Speaker 3: Feel comfortable living in New York City under a mondags?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would, especially after the meeting.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we agree, and a lot more than I would have thought.
Speaker 3: I am really looking forward to delivering for New Yorkers in partnership with the President on the affordability agenda.
Speaker 1: So we're going to help him.
Speaker 2: But I really think there's a chance to do a great job.
Speaker 1: I'll be cheering for him. Didn't mention anything about America.
Speaker 4: I think he is going to surprise some conservative people extra and some very liberal people.
Speaker 2: I think I met with a very I met with a man who's a very rational person. So well, they're being very cordial to each other, very nice to each other. I completely agree with that. And anyone who thought there wasn't gonna be a working relationship between New York City and the federal government doesn't understand politics. But the reason I have gathered us here today is because I don't want to hear any politicians call each other extreme names like fascist, communists, authoritarian, wanna be dictator. None of that kind of rhetoric can come from politicians anymore. It's all dead because don't none of y'all really believe it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And if you call someone that and then turn around and say, but I'm willing to work with them.
Speaker 1: It looks very hypocritical. Okay.
Speaker 2: Leave that type of commentary for the pundits, all right, like myself for the social media YouTube commentator crowd. And y'all go do your jobs, okay, Go govern Go be diplomatic, go do the politics thing, all right. That rhetoric is irresponsible in this climate, all right, Both parties rile people up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Have we the people mad at each other in the street, fighting online? Some folks literally commit acts of violence against their political opposition. Meanwhile the politicians are out here working with each other. Okay, do we not remember some of the things Trump and one Donnie said about each other.
Speaker 1: Let's listen. It's going to be hard for me as the president to give.
Speaker 2: A lot of money to New York because if you have a communist running New York.
Speaker 1: All you're doing is wasting the money you're sending there.
Speaker 4: We have one because New Yorkers have stood up for a city they can afford, where the mayor will use their power to reject Donald Trump's fascism. This guy is a communist at the highest level, and he wants to destroy New York.
Speaker 3: I will not be intimidated by this president.
Speaker 4: I will not be intimidated by anyone because my job here is to start the people of this lot.
Speaker 1: This communist from New York. Someday gets elected. I can't believe that's happening. That's a terrible thing for our country. By the way, so hear.
Speaker 4: Me, President Trump, when I say this, to get to any of us, you will have to.
Speaker 1: Get through all of us. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I saw political theater, okay, and it's they responsible because they got us out here choosing side gang gang on each other.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile they working together.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna be mad at a person because of who they voted for, who they supported politically, But then watch the people you support be willing to work with them. I know some of y'all out there saying, but they politicians, they have to work together. Yes, they do, and they should, but stop with the extreme rhetoric like fascism and communism.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Zoran Wundannie was on NBC News yesterday and he said he still believes Donald Trump's a fascist, but he's willing to work with him.
Speaker 1: Let's listen. In that press conference with President Trump, a reporter asked you whether you believe that President Trump is in fact a fascist, word that you've used in the past. You're about to answer. Then President Trump sort of jumped in and he said, quote, that's okay. You can just say yes. It's easier than explaining it. So, mister mayrilect, just to be very clear, do you think that President Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 3: And after President Trump said that, I said, yes, and so you do. And that's something that I've said in the past I say today. And I think what I appreciated about the conversation that I had with the President was that we were not shy about the places of disagreement about the politics that has brought us to this moment, and we also wanted to focus on what it could look like to deliver on a shared analysis of an affordability crisis for New Yorkers.
Speaker 1: Listen in America.
Speaker 2: My name is Leonard mclvey, commonly known as Charlamagne of God, and I believe words matter. Now, I'm not the highest grade of weed in the dispensary, but based on everything I know about fascism, if someone truly believes a political figure as a fascist, then the idea of working with them is contradictory.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Fascism isn't a normal political disagreement, all right. Disagreeing on tax rates is a normal political disagreement. Economic issues, environmental concerns, those are normal political disagreements.
Speaker 1: Fascism is not. Okay.
Speaker 2: When you call them one a fascists, you are accusing them of being fundamentally anti democratic, authoritarian and willing to use the power of the state to crush opposition.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: If you believe someone is fascian the historically and morally, you resist them or use institutions, law and coalitions to contain them. Okay, limit their power, You organize against them, litigate against them, but you don't collaborate, because collaboration with a fascist regime, even on small issues, legitimizes it. So if Zorn truly believes Trump is a fascist and working with him makes zero sense, but this is my issue. He doesn't fully believe Trump is a fascist, just like Trump doesn't fully believe when Donnie is a communist.
Speaker 1: It's all political theater.
Speaker 2: Now, there are a lot of things Trump has done and it's said that look like fascism and authoritarian strategy to me. But I feel like that's the media's job to call it out. Okay, Politicians clearly can't do that because the words don't match the actions. And that's when you just look like a dishonest politician who says whatever to get elected.
Speaker 1: Because once again, if.
Speaker 2: You think someone is a fascist, but you believe you can work with them, that's what a question of hypocrisy becomes unavoidable. Okay, listen to me. I know I have a listen all right, So you don't take me serious. But you can't call someone a fascist and treat them like a normal political partner.
Speaker 1: Those two positions contradict each other.
Speaker 2: So the real question for Trump, Okay, Mundani, A real question for Trump and Mundannie.
Speaker 1: You know these are what should be asked to them.
Speaker 2: Hey, Trump, were you exaggerating when you called Mundania a communists? Hey Zoran, were you exaggerating when you called Trump a fascists are Zoran? Are you now minimizing fascism by agreeing to work with Trump?
Speaker 1: Or Trump?
Speaker 2: Are you minimizing communism by agreeing to work with Zorn. Here's the answer to all these questions. It's politics as usual. And I'm sick of politicians doing this because once again, you know who it hurts the most.
Speaker 1: Us.
Speaker 2: You done told your aunt and three of your cousins f you you not invited to Thanksgiving this year because of who they supported politically. Meanwhile, the people we supported politically are willing to support each other. If Zoran and Trump can be in the White House smiling at each other and excessively touching on each other, then you and your family can enjoy Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner together.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen to all elected officials.
Speaker 2: If you call somebody a fascist or communists, but then sit down and work with them like everything is normal, you make those words meaningless, all right.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous to do that. It's dangerous to weaken those terms, and it confuses the public alight.
Speaker 2: When you call someone a fascist or communists, it's supposed to mean something serious.
Speaker 1: You talking Hitler, Mussolini, and.
Speaker 2: Politicians are using these terms for emotional leverage, not accuracy. And the danger in that, the danger in that people, the public becomes numb to real authoritarian threats. Please give every politician who has done this, because it's not just when Donnie and Trump, it's all of them, the biggest he hull.
Speaker 1: All right, Yes, indeed, thank you for that dog key today. Yes,