Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Covino on rich In for the Great Dan Patrick Today. Yeah, what's up money Shay.
Speaker 3: Good morning from the West Side La, Fox Sports Radio Studio Sunshine And if you want to watch us do our thing, which is a cool robot to the xylophones. If you want to watch us live in studio, we have a new YouTube channel, so subscribe see our stupid faces talk some smack people are chatting live Covino and rich FSR, CoV I n O Covino and Rich fsr in for DP. Always a pleasure. When the boss says you want in, we say absolutely, let's go. So thank you guys for hanging out with us. We're normally on two to four on the West, five to seven on the East.
Speaker 2: But good day, hope you had a Dodgers short of night.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you in a little bit why I feel like the Dodgers they've just been with us for the last six months. I feel like it's uh yeah, fool me once, can't get fulled again. I feel like the Dodgers have completely screwed with our heads since April.
Speaker 2: I'll explain why we're gonna talk some Baker Mayfield today.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about duos. We're gonna talk about cheeks. We're gonna talk about everything cheeks. Oh yeah, I'll talk cheeks for weeks. We always talk cheeks. You don't even need to say that.
Speaker 3: But you know what else we do every hump Day, We turn your hump day into a hump night. I'm not even sure what that means. But we also do something called Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom. Mike, who runs this place, drops some words of wisdom, and if you could repeat it verbatim, we give away prizes.
Speaker 2: We'll do that later.
Speaker 3: And another staple of the CNR Showgram program this professional Gram of Ours with producer Danny g. We got producing going on, not amateur ducing. We got Iowa Sam, We got set on videos and while Spot has our video run and he's also getting ready for Midweek Major. Something we always do. We go over the bigger stories and sports and pop culture. But are those stories mid as? The kiddos say, are they buns? Are they mid Week or major? We decide here on the show. So stick around, let's have some fun. We're halfway there. We're living on a prayer, we're Cavino and Rich. In fact, I think by now bon Jovi's more than halfway there, right, you gotta be at least three quarters of the way that long we're gonna get to again the Dodgers, which, by the way, after that Max Munsey home run, do we all agree that was like sort of the nail on the coffin, even though it only made it three to one, you were like, Yeah, the Ruiners don't have it tonight.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: I'll explain a second, but I do want to start the show just by saying there's a show that I saw the preview four little teaser, and I have not heard anyone talk about it. And usually we go on buzz, right, you'll hear like your buddies are dopes at work.
Speaker 2: Usually a buzz.
Speaker 3: Some guy's talking about ed Geen Monster, someone's talking about the Azzi documentary. I feel like there's not enough buzz on that someone's always talking about.
Speaker 4: So I've heard some buzz on the new John Candy documentary, which I've not watched.
Speaker 3: It, that's on Amazon Prime. The Azzi ones on Paramount Plus. Back in the day, you're not going to say Tier, but I.
Speaker 2: Came close watching that one. Back in the day.
Speaker 4: You know, people would always talk about the same shows, right, like, oh, Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: There's Sopranos.
Speaker 3: We live in a world now where everything's so diluted because there's so many things, everything from Paramount Plus to Peacock to HBO Max to Apple to Hulu to Netflix.
Speaker 2: Danny g you were telling me about a show called task Mark Ruffalo to watch. I do know what existed?
Speaker 5: HBO really good.
Speaker 4: I watched Only Murders last night with my wife and Cavino the things.
Speaker 2: I'm the only guy that watches that. Meanwhile, am I you know it is?
Speaker 3: It's just a lot of passwords to scam nowadays, I mean a lot of subscriptions to have.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're all over the place.
Speaker 4: Well, I just want to throw out the name of a show and then we'll get into the Dodgers and NFL. But it's sports related because I have not heard anyone talk about Chad Powers with Glenn Powell, produced by the Mannings.
Speaker 2: Omaha, omaha. It's about a dude who sort of blows it.
Speaker 3: But it's based on that character that we saw Eli portray years ago.
Speaker 2: Remember we talked about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he goes undercover with like prosthetics, like face makeup and stuff, and this is about.
Speaker 5: The Cardinals running back right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, but you know what, very similar Dandy. The whole point is he's sort of an f up to begin with the Glenn Powell character picture like a Baker.
Speaker 2: No, that's see. No, a Johnny Manzel type back in the day. Right there. You say anaker, you mean r MVP, my bad.
Speaker 4: A Johnny Manzel type that drops the ball at the one yard line before he crosses the plane of the goal line in the National Championship. The guy picks up the ball, goes the other way. They lose, and he he you know, he's already sort of a an f up, but a star player. They fast forward eight years later and he goes undercover with prosthetics to try out for a smaller college.
Speaker 2: Team and Steve Zon plays the coach.
Speaker 4: I watched episode one last night. I'm excited to keep watching. There's like four available. I thought it was great, I really did. It was a cross between like Kenny Powers Eastbound and Down.
Speaker 2: Meets I just happened. It was good.
Speaker 3: Well, it goes to show you that people buzz about all the wrong things, like love is blind. Right, they're not telling you this because it's not a safe answer, And I'm not saying love is blind. Isn't a necessary part of life.
Speaker 5: We need to say, how dare you? Today's the release?
Speaker 2: I know we need that palette cleansing life.
Speaker 3: We need that stupid fun just to throw on after a heavy day or after a heartbreaking loss. We need that. But people always talk about the same thing today, Your dislove is blind. You sound like you're drunk, like Joe from that show. But aren't We were prone to talk about something surface level and goofy like that, then to throw something that you like out there. Because I've heard no one Maybe Iossam brought it up in reference maybe once, but I've heard no one talk about that show, and I've seen the ads. I've seen the ads, but no one's buzzing about it.
Speaker 4: My first thought was, all right, I love football, Glenn Powell sort of like you know, an IT type of actor. Right now, the Mannings are behind it. My thought was thought's talking about it? I must sort of stink.
Speaker 2: That was my thought.
Speaker 4: But things get lost in the shuffle, Like you said, when there's twenty different streaming services and everything going on. But I watched episode one last night. I'll leave it at that. This is no commercial. I gave it a shot, and I thought it was fantastic. I thought it was funny. It made me laugh at times, like out loud, like it's it's it's by no means cleaned. It's like a dirty show. Like the jokes are you know, crossing the line. There's sex and drug references. It's a wild Is this a solo watch or do you watch with one?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Does she want to tune in? Or should I watch by myself? My wife thought was really funny. I don't know. Everyone's wife is different. Some people's wife's are lame.
Speaker 3: But there's certain things like you end up watching by yourself because your wife has no interest in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then again, there are shows that no one talks about and it's just a worldly living now because everyone's busy scroll and scroll and scrolling, and they're sitting in bed and they rather scroll on TikTok to watch a show. So I get it. Truthfully, we had a double doozy Monday night. We have great postseason. Baseball's postseason ghost season. I haven't had much time four shows other than something stupid like Love Is Blind, because I'll put that on and if I fall asleep, no big deal. But we've been so full of greatness when it comes to sports that I haven't really had a lot of time to watch anything good.
Speaker 2: So when I do, I'll make a note.
Speaker 4: Of I was gonna say if if you need something light and fun to watch, and if you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna say that, I'm gonna throw the Aussie documentary out there too. It's definitely worth the watch. Whether you're into metal or not. You gotta check that out. That's on Paramount Plus Listen.
Speaker 2: I think everyone loves and could appreciate a good documentary. But I escape from now Chad Powers. If you're a big.
Speaker 3: Football fan like Danny, all you and I do is talk about football together. It's a comedy, and you know, an R rated comedy about football produced by the Mannings.
Speaker 4: You would think again because no one's talking about it. My instincts was say, I must suck. It was fantastic.
Speaker 5: Covino's right though.
Speaker 6: Where we're at on the sports calendar, we're so busy with all our games, so there's even a good NBA preseason going on. I was watching Austin Reeves drop three pointers yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got that too. Rich has to pull out two TVs just to fit it all in, right, So it's kind of like it's hard to watch what's already on.
Speaker 4: That's really the thing, right, Well, I figured I throw that out there, But I want to talk about how the Dodgers have really sort of ft with all of us. It's, you know, shame on me, Shame on you, Shame on all of us. We're all dopes that got duped. You know how the last maybe five years.
Speaker 2: Shame shame. You know, I'm gonna walk down the hallway naked.
Speaker 3: Shame ame on a ninja who tried to run game on a ninja.
Speaker 2: Shame shame, shame on.
Speaker 4: All of us for being dopes because the reality is much like the last five years in the NFL. You know how we try to figure out every year like who's gonna represent the AFF and every year like, oh, we're such fools.
Speaker 3: It's the Chiefs. Why do we pretend it's gonna be anyone other than the Chiefs? And you're here, Yeah, we're like this is LAMARSI or well it's gonna be Borough.
Speaker 2: Well, no, Josh Allen's got it just because.
Speaker 3: Of speculation and clean slate, and again the hope that every season, every new season process and we always feel like fools Danny g in the funniest way, though obviously every year we're like, why.
Speaker 2: Do we think it was gonna be anything other than Chiefs.
Speaker 3: We live in a hot take culture where it's like, all right, who do you think? So you're trying to say something crafty. It's like, you know how everyone has something in their back pocket if they were to meet somebody famous, like if I were to meet Brad Pitt, I'd say something like this, and you think what you're about to say is original because you don't want to say the same thing over hey man, what was in the box? You don't want to say like the same thing, So you come out with this really cool answer like, hey man, I know not everyone's saying it, but I'm telling you, dude, the cults this year, no one was saying that. No one was saying that. So you try to come up with a hot take or something different or something that no one else is saying, and you go away from the truth, and the truth is usually the obvious, and it's a boring answer, so you don't want to give the boring answer, And I always say it's the truth. I always say, dude, it's gonna be the usual suspects, it's gonna be the.
Speaker 4: Treame movie, Keivin's face. You're gonna say that, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be all the usual suspects. But there's always like one surprise team that made it and one surprise team that didn't.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: But for the most part, the answers are obvious, but we don't like to say those. Well, if you're gonna shout out, it's more fun to speculate. Riches the answer gonna shout out Brad Pitt? What would you say to him if you about him?
Speaker 4: It's a good question Brad Pitt, though, I was gonna say, if you're gonna bring up Brad Pett Today the twenty sixth anniversary of Fight Club that came out on this day in nineteen ninety nine, just coincidentally, so little timestamp feel a little old when you say that twenty six years.
Speaker 3: Ago was anyone more ripped and in their prime than Brad Pitt and Fight Club. I have one other answer to every tell We love to be like you know from a from a dude perspective, iOS Seem says, he knows my answer from a dude perspective.
Speaker 2: We love to be like Megan.
Speaker 4: Fox and Transformers or Jessica Simpson and Dukes of Hazard, and you know, you know, Jennifer love Hewitt and Can Hardly Wait. There's always a movie where you almost feel like, you know, in a vain way, that was when that's like their moment.
Speaker 2: Due leave his vein out of it. I was talking about it's ripped head. You're gonna talk about dudes, Brad Pitt and Fight Club.
Speaker 4: I think it's under nibel that every woman salibrating and guys are like Jesus, look at them, didn't you well?
Speaker 6: And yesterday's Afternoon show, we were just talking about di'angelo lines.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace, DiAngelo R and B singer who passed away at the age of fifty one.
Speaker 2: What's your answer, what's your going to? Well? Sam says he knows my other answer. What's the other answer?
Speaker 5: Snatch?
Speaker 2: No what He was a boxer in that movie.
Speaker 3: But another actor who was like, oh, I thought you said another brad kid deniably at their prime, say I got Vester Sloan in Rocky fool.
Speaker 2: I was I think.
Speaker 4: We're gonna say, uh, Ryan Reynolds in that horror one amity Amityville horror.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, we have other women answers, but uh, we're playing we're playing it safe with the dudes this morning. But back to the point at hand here, the point at hand is.
Speaker 4: That it is fun to give the Kitchie fun hot take of well, you know, I've been saying the Colts just like every year in football, people don't want to say that she because it's it's fun and sexy to say, no, this is Josh Allen Geer or you know, I think you know, if they would have got through defense together and he didn't get hurt, this is the how many people said this is the Bengals year and then it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 6: But Rich, I've watched enough Dodger baseball this past season, and you know, it's a long season. I've seen enough of it to know if you could chase the Dodgers starters and get to the bullpen, because what the Brewers are lacking right now are timely hits. If you can chase the starter, you have a chance to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and truthfully, you don't have to be a sports guru to know that they weren't healthy all year. I they would, i know, get everybody back, then they'd be unstoppable. And that's what we're seeing now. It's just really a matter of it being a long season and having everybody healthy at the right time. I mean, listen, if you rewind to the beginning of the season, if we joked about could this team win one hundred and ten hundred and twenty games, and that was the sentiment. Yeah, there were some injuries, stuff went down, But you know, it's funny when you watch with kids. I have a five year old and an eight year old, and I'm, you know, constantly trying to explain the game to them, and it's it's fun to watch through their eyes sometimes and when and when they're getting into it. I'm an I'm an East Coast Mets fan, so it's already upsetting me that my kid's like Dodger's dad.
Speaker 2: We live out here in Los Angeles, star Power.
Speaker 4: When for weeks, But when I'm watching the lineup turnover and I'm like, yeah, kids, all right, Shohey and Mookie and Freddie and Taoscar and oh my god, the starting pitching is healthy. Yeah, Blake Snell kids, he's like, you know, one of the best. And oh wait, oh Yamamoto he's the big you know prospect they got from Japan.
Speaker 2: And oh and then.
Speaker 3: The next game is Tyler Glass now, and then after that is Otani.
Speaker 2: Why did we what this team's gonna start everything?
Speaker 3: How could you ever underestimated them? Is because again, they didn't have all these players healthy at the same time. Guys like like Tommy Edmund, guy Will Smith. These are guys that's like the middle and back. There's a lot of great stars. Speaking of Stallone, I gotta say, absolutely, I feel like you're being a little rude.
Speaker 2: Absolutely little rude. Sound like a little rude to me.
Speaker 3: To automatically say that the Brewers are done?
Speaker 2: Did you stick a fork and hold on?
Speaker 3: In no fairness, I get that vibe too, especially going back to l A. We all get the vibe that is done. But they're not here because they're a team that's gonna roll over and die like that wasn't I hope for the sake, you gotta you gotta have if you're a Brewers fan, even if you're not, you have to have some sort of understanding that they're gonna fight back and yell it, and guys like that step up and.
Speaker 2: There they weren't the best thing all year for no reason.
Speaker 4: You could have so much faith that you put on your George Michael jeans and start dancing in front of everyone.
Speaker 2: Faith plus one, bro, that's so much faith. You could have so much faith.
Speaker 4: But when you have this Dodger lineup and this pitching staff that's clicking, I think the Brewers are a hell of a team. I agree with you, but you're going back to Los Angeles. As Guerrilla Monson would say when we watched wrestling as a kid, stick a fork.
Speaker 3: I mean, it feels over. Do you think he invented that? Saying, Gorilla Monson, what do you think of when you hear that? I mean, I think of it. That's what I said at the end. That's what he said at the end of every wrestling Man. But I feel like you believe he invented that, saying I think he did, no stick. I think we all believe that it feels over. But but it felt over at first with the Phillies as well, and you saw they had their chances. To my point is, if I were the Dodgers, I wouldn't take them lightly in it, and I don't think they are because that guy. They're there for a reason. They've been the best team in baseball.
Speaker 4: I'll say this, it's a seven game series, it's not a five game so of course it's it's not over by any means, but the fact that both road teams are two and oh yeah, but.
Speaker 3: People casually listen sometimes. I mean a Fox Sports radio listener knows what going on, but some people casually listen.
Speaker 4: The way you're talking, series is done, it's not. I'm if it's again, very tricky to come back down two. Oh, especially again if the series were opposite. Let's say the Brewers just lost two in Los Angeles and all right now they're going to Milwaukee. I'd be like, all right now they're going back home. That fan base is gonna be fired up. They just lost too in Milwaukee. They have to come out here.
Speaker 3: Should have been able to come back in game, could have the blue Game one, but really pulled that one out yesterday. I felt like the Dodgers own that game because Yamamoto was just unstoppable.
Speaker 4: Think of the Blue Jays when they played the Yankees. Was it the Rogers Center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Roger Roger, that.
Speaker 3: That place when Vladdie hit that Grand Slam against your Yankees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the way to say.
Speaker 1: The Blue Jays lose, I cope here.
Speaker 2: Ruse, Oh buppy, I could be.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till they turned the Rogers Center to a spirit Halloween fan, right, I can't wait for that.
Speaker 2: My point is that place was electric and popping.
Speaker 3: And the fact that the Blue Jays started at home and they're down two zero again, if it was two Oh Mariners and they were going to Toronto, now I'd say far from over. I just think that when you win two on the road and then you go home, they just gotta split it. They'll be up three to one if they split the next till And that's that's the point. You know, take the next two games, you split them, you're up three to one. The point is you could speculate and you can have all this fun sports talk and most of the time, not every time, but most of the time sixty percent of the time, it works.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 3: It works all the time if you just for a sex panther. No, that's my slogan when it comes to making predictions. If you stick with the usual suspects. You're probably gonna be right because we speculated all year that so and so seasoned, and look it's come down to the Dodgers. Guess what the team that won last year, Big surprise.
Speaker 2: Sixty the time.
Speaker 5: It works every time.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, that was what you were thinking of, right, Yeah, And that's why this football season has been so interesting too, because it's like all the teams. We jokingly said on our regular show two to four on the West every day, Cavino and Rich, that is this.
Speaker 2: Game broken, blowing the game. The cart is broken because none of the teams that were supposed to be good or playing good and the ones that were average or playing great.
Speaker 3: That's what makes this season so interesting. If we stick with our theory, Rich, it's still going to be the chiefs there at the end of the day. Well there, I say the middle of the day, and.
Speaker 4: Dare I say something cliche, but at the end of the day. People love to say at the end of the day. Everyone ignores the beginning and middle of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, middle of the day might be my favorite part, my little nad because I'm taking one today. In the beginning, middle, at end of the day, they're all professionals like we like, uh, you know, sometimes you forget. Yes, it's who's hot, you know, whoever they're thrown on the hill on a pitching matchup, or whoever's you know, defending a wide receiver, whoever is trying to get to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: These are not chumps.
Speaker 4: They're all guys that played like for Georgia or Alabama or LSU. They're all conditioned guys that are living their dreams. So like we forget sometimes like it's not like star players versus chumps.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to give props where they're due.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are playing like the Dodgers, even though we doubted them throughout the year. Yeah, we shouldn't be surprised Yamamotos stepping up big time. First complete game in the postseason since twenty seventeen, which, by the way, feels like such a rarity, you know, in today's world and in today's game, and with Dave Roberts quick to pull the trigger on that.
Speaker 5: Dodgers has done that since two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think what I heard was, didn't they someone hand Dave Roberts of the dugouts so he couldn't go out there.
Speaker 6: And you knew, because the night before he should have left Snell in that he was finally gonna.
Speaker 2: Do the right thing. But you know, he was seventeen. That's when Verlander was on top of his game against the Yankees for reference. But like Danny g said, over twenty years since that happened for the Dodgers. Just a big time performance, big time pitching for the Dodgers. But it's a long season and still a long series. Even though it feels like he's closing in on the Brewers, well see what happens.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got to imagine at some point the Brewers' bats.
Speaker 2: Get a little hot.
Speaker 4: I mean as of right now, if not, if this were any other generation, you would have seen two complete games back to back. Yeah, And the only reason Snell was taken out was that Dave Roberts was playing a little precautious, a little a little safe, and you know they you know, looking back, was almost a mistake.
Speaker 2: Think about it. If who is it Terrang?
Speaker 4: If Terrang gets a single there and the Brewers win, you're gonna look back and be like, Dave Roberts is a bonehead?
Speaker 2: How did they lose Game one?
Speaker 4: Snow was cruising that should have been back to back complete game dominant performances.
Speaker 5: You mean they would have tied the game if you let the ball hit.
Speaker 4: Him, dude, And that's something that we didn't talk about yesterday. And you gotta almost give Terrang I hate to say it a free pass, because you're a human. Instinct is to move. No one really got down on him for that, but I feel like back in the day, guys would lean into balls in that case.
Speaker 3: Like the fact that hey, speak for yourself, man, carry on. Continue.
Speaker 6: Also on one note on the Brewers perfect into balls, Thank you, Tom. Even though the Brewers are having to come to Los Angeles, that's home for Yelich. He's from my hood, so he's going to have his family in the stands. We'll see if he can break out of his slump.
Speaker 2: So we shall see what happens.
Speaker 4: But as of right now, it looks like a Mariner's Dodgers World Series unless the Blue Jays or the Brewers get hot. And you know what, it's not crazy because they were the two best teams in baseball this year.
Speaker 2: They had that those were your that was your.
Speaker 3: Number one seed in the AL and your one number one seed in the NL. You's a silver line that crazy. It's that if that would have happened, it's safe to say that the entire world, except for everyone in LA, will be rooting for the Barons. I've already seen that the memes of that map where it's like who the world is rooting for? If it's Dodgers Mariners, because the Mariners have never won. They got a likable team, a lot of big names. There a lot of big dumpers on that team. But if it were the Mariners Brewers, then you'd have a divided sort of thing, right, So it'd be safe to say that everybody would be rooting for the Mariners if that happened.
Speaker 2: So, look, we'll get your feedback. We got more to talk about.
Speaker 3: We got games to play, prizes to give away, We'll do some midweek major and more. But the Dodgers did they just f with us the entire season? Are you surprised or is it just always the usual suspects? We got more Coveno and rich In for Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Paually Fools Gohea with Tony Foosco.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as everybody knows, we're the hosts of the award winning Polly and Tony Fosco Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But instead of us telling you how great we are, here's how Dan Patrick described us when he came on our show.
Speaker 3: Quick, knowledgeable and funny, opinionated.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? We were interrupting our promo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't talking about you.
Speaker 6: You took those clips totally out of context.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, well after this promo, I'm gonna take you out and beat you.
Speaker 2: Let me put this into context. Shut up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anyway, just listen to the Paully and Tony Fusco Show on Iart Radio, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 3: If you're a Brewers fan, you gotta have faith. And that's why Iowa Sam is playing right now. George Michael, not of the Sports Machine, George Michael of AM. I actually played this original version for my daughter this week, coincidentally, because all she knew was the limp Biscuit version. That's called good parenting everybody. Steve Cavino teaching my kid how to rock.
Speaker 4: You know what, I do when I drop my kids off at school. Usually it's a little fun thing, quick ride to school. It's pretty local. Yeah, I pick one classic song a day to introduce them.
Speaker 2: To classic to who you mean classic rock? You're showing him some Hendricks.
Speaker 4: No, Like, I'll just pick a random song, like, all right, you know a song they should know, like Michael Jackson beat It or I don't know Usher, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Just knowing you show him tub thumping, Yeah.
Speaker 2: All Rich's favorites, Proclaimers. You know what Proclaimers are going to make the list? Now? All right, Well, we're Cadino and rich In for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 4: A random song they should not know, mister Jones, Counting Crows, Madonna, Material Girl.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite part of being my daughter's personal chauffeur is to be a great influence. But when we fill in for a DP, I don't get that chance to do that.
Speaker 2: But I get the chance to talk to millions all over the world.
Speaker 3: So shout out to the affiliates, Shout out to everybody hanging out with us who don't know us. We're normally on five to seven on the East, two to four on the west. Please check out our podcast search Coveno and Rich and of course we're streaming live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: You could also follow us there.
Speaker 3: We have our bonus pod that you could watch their Covino and Rich FSR, CoV I n O live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, Real Quick Rich. Rapid Radios the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show Radio. It's a push to talk nationwide LTE coverage service, no subscriptions required. Business owners stay connected with your employees anywhere. Visit Rapid radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and freeze ship it.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm Dad of the area, even though.
Speaker 4: I do have a mug that says that yeah and a T shirt. But I think there's two things you gotta do. You got to introduce your kid to don't push old stuff on them, and be like this got to be your favorite stuff, kid, just because nothing annoys me more when I meet someone young and they're just dumb and they don't know things. So I feel like it is your job to be like, hey kid, I don't need you to listen all this time, but you should know.
Speaker 2: That, hey kid, you really like White Snake or did your dad push down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know you should know a classic song the same way my kids know all sports teams' logos, not because I'm pushing every sport of them.
Speaker 2: Nothing bothers me more when you meet a grown up and they're like, whose team is that?
Speaker 4: Or you ever see those like when they do the schedule releases and they'll go down a street in Nashville and be like, all right, name the logo. And some girls like the Chicago see the Chicago seas.
Speaker 2: They're saying, you know, keep your kid well round them, teach them the basics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, show them and it doesn't have to be classic. The best rap albums coming out right now are by middle aged rappers.
Speaker 5: Show them the new mob. Deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's happening for real. Yeah, shook ones, bro, do it rich.
Speaker 5: If you're a fifty year old rapper, your money right now?
Speaker 2: You are money. You know why though, because you're competing with nonsense. That's why.
Speaker 3: So we got one foot in dead life and one foot up your ass every afternoon.
Speaker 2: Because you catchphrase, please we rework that. That's my slogan.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you like something, but we're here early on the West coast. Look, if you're new to us. We're from the East Coast. I'm from Union, New Jersey, riches from Franklin Square, Long Island, but we live out here in Los Angeles, and I do have a theory if we were ever so lucky to continue to fill in for the Great Dan Patrick, I don't think I'd ever comb my hair again because on the West Coast, obviously it's three hours earlier.
Speaker 2: I just roll.
Speaker 3: Out, throw a hat on, and that would be my uniform, probably for the rest of my life. If I ever were to do this on a regular basis, I'm just I'm just doing that out there into the universe.
Speaker 4: There's another positive that then you don't have to go to the Turkey to get your hair plugs.
Speaker 2: I would never have to get hair plugs.
Speaker 3: I could cut back on the road, gain see the Monoxa, Dill, the propiti, whatever it is. And for the rest of my life. I would have to switch it up, though, just to look different, because.
Speaker 2: I'll be rocking. I'll be like, yo, it's sweet Fez Thursday. I'll be rocking a fez, a Viking hat.
Speaker 3: I'd have to mix it up because there's no way I'd be waking up early enough to shower, comb my hair.
Speaker 2: I got real ethnic hair.
Speaker 3: No way, I'd be rocking a hat every day, I promise you for the rest of my life if this were my normal schedule. Because I'm a shower at night kind of guy. And that's a debate in itself. Rich is a shower in the morning. I imagine Rich is Rich is what what they call in the barrio Sussio because he goes into his bed with the dirty ass dirty sheet. Davis incorrect. I I do this wild thing called shower twice.
Speaker 2: Nah, you don't. It's you don't, though I do.
Speaker 3: I shower every night and every that's overkill.
Speaker 2: You do you do your hair like in the morning? Like do you? Everybody except for a caveman do that. But it's it's in the morning and the night. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't quite comprehend how, And I get it. Most of our affiliates on the East Coast, it's to them, it's like, dude, it's after nine am out here on the West Coast. You know you got to wake up early to fill in for DP. It's a five am wake up.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine how you could wake up and not take a shower.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm saying. I'll be rocking hats my life jested, and I tell you just to clean out your head, like takes up little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't get how you.
Speaker 5: Can do it.
Speaker 2: You can't do how.
Speaker 3: You wake up the whole house, dog wakes up, castles hoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm just the man, period.
Speaker 5: What happens.
Speaker 3: It's called being respectful, and it's also called you gotta get as much sleep as you possibly can. And that's the rules I live by, all right. So the NFL, yes.
Speaker 2: National Football League, Yes, that's what it is. The NFL.
Speaker 3: We gotta talk some foodsball. We gotta talk Baker Mayfield. We gotta talk more Dodgers, midweek Major, we gotta get into it. Well.
Speaker 4: I thought about Baker more and more only because I feel like the world is thinking about Baker Mayfield more and more.
Speaker 2: Because here's a guy that was tossed.
Speaker 3: Around, like you said, like masa social he was. Baker Mayfield was a guy that took Cleveland like a hot potato, as far as Cleveland could be taken. I mean, you know, outside of our childhood with Bernie Kozar and you know Ernest Biner, since those.
Speaker 4: Days, Cleveland has done nothing other than like Baker Mayfield with a couple playoff runs.
Speaker 2: Yet they had their eye.
Speaker 4: On this shiny prize known as Deshaan Watson, and they made this tragic mistake.
Speaker 2: Of like, yeah, Baker, we're gonna try to upgrade. You kick him to the curb.
Speaker 4: Poor Baker Mayfield tries to find the home. It doesn't work out in Carolina. He has that one game with the Rams where everyone's like, oh, look at him. That guy's got balls.
Speaker 3: He got games, he got the game ball, he got the game face. Yeah, Baker Mayfield, maybe he's not done. And Tampa Bay makes arguably one of the better decisions. And every team had a chance.
Speaker 4: You know how we talked about in baseball, how every chance, every baseball team had the chance to get Pete Alonzo. And then the Mets finally found a way to get him back last year.
Speaker 2: Fine, I guess we'll take him back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the guy hit You know who wants a guy that hits two eighty with forty home runs and he's a good dude.
Speaker 4: Everyone had the chance to get Baker Mayfield, and everyone's like pass, nop, no thanks. Baker Mayfield goes to Tampa rejuvenates his whole career. And now we're looking at a team that is arguably the top team in the National Football League. ABUCA is a star young wide receiver. Once they get healthy, Godwin and you know, Mike Evans and Bucky Irving, they'll eventually come back. This might be the team. So I got to ask if Baker, somehow, some way, in a league that seems like there's no dominant team, if Baker and the Bucks win the Super Bowl, what does that say when we talk about the narrative of Lamar Jackson and Burrow and Josh Allen and these elite quarterbacks that are, oh, they'll win one one day, will they?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 3: When you look back in history, just as a kid growing up, I mean, we grew up watching legends who never won. And we're gonna see a lot more of that, uh in our future, because not everybody gets one.
Speaker 2: That's life. Not everyone gets the chance to win the sports.
Speaker 4: If every judge, if everything's based on winning, and what makes like a guy like you're here here call the guy, it doesn't matter you're you're getting paid to win.
Speaker 2: What makes Sterry cheeter? I'll bring up a guy that's your hero he's a winner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has three thousand hits and you know, one of the best shortstops of all time. But what makes Derek Jeter Derek Jeter is the fact that he's a five time.
Speaker 3: World Series champion. And people love to say he's overrated. It's the dumbest, but it's.
Speaker 4: Undeniable that Derek Jeter is a winner. Something that not to sound rude, but that's something Lamar Jackson's not. It's something that Josh Allen's not, and it's something that Joe Burrow's not yet yet.
Speaker 2: But not everybody.
Speaker 4: But if you take know, I'll tell you what if you the Vegas odds, if you parlayed that bad Boy, you really think all three of those guys are gonna win a super Bowl by the time it's.
Speaker 3: Over, No, because there'll be a few repeats in there, so hard to get back as one of those guys.
Speaker 4: One of those guys is gonna be the Marino or Dan Fouts or Philip Rivers or you know that guy of the generation. You forget Stafford won one, he snuck one in. Jalen Hurts. There's guys that have won a super Bowl. And if a guy like Baker Mayfield does where does that put him in that conversation?
Speaker 3: There's well as a winner and as a potential MVP. And that's why people are chanting his name, and that's why all the narrative has changed all of a sudden. If you watch any of these shows, are listening to any of these shows, everyone's picking now the bucks to be number one here. So he was also a number one pick. So should we be shocked by that? And if he does win one? Who are the quarterbacks that won't win one? There's so many questions to unravel here when it comes to Baker Mayfield and where the Buccaneers are at.
Speaker 4: I want to go over that fun quarterback hypothetical and more thoughts on Baker and those quarterbacks I just talked about. So Hank tight more, Covino on Rich having a lot of fun filling it for Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Oh Yeah, Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio.
Speaker 2: Covino Rich and for the great.
Speaker 3: Damn Now after the show, the podcast is gonna be on our stream up and running.
Speaker 4: Just search Covin on Rege. It'll be on the DP stream and be sure to follow review. And Hey, while you're at if you want to see what we're doing, we got the YouTube page.
Speaker 2: Go on YouTube dot.
Speaker 4: Com slash at Covin on Rich FSR.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate the support. Love you guys.
Speaker 3: I know it's cool about this. You're witnessing a first listen. Rich never heard Mob Deep in his life, So there you go.
Speaker 5: You're from the East Coast, Come on, Rich.
Speaker 2: Wakes up to clowns.
Speaker 3: Never laughed before, bean stucks never so is Cavino and Rich Iowa Sam. On the Ones and Tuesa, DANNYG referenced some Mob Deep before, so we're playing some of that if you're listening to the podcast later on. Danny G's on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. He's our producer. Spots on the videos. Getting ready for Midweek Major, we go over all the stories in the world of sports and pop culture. Are they mid week or major stories? We do that every Wednesday. But talking Baker, first question, should we be shocked? He was the number one overall pick? But now he's playing like it. I want to take you back.
Speaker 2: Do do do do? Take you back?
Speaker 4: The year it was twenty eighteen, which is what only seven years ago.
Speaker 2: It was the year of the me too movement. You know a lot of women me too.
Speaker 3: It was the year Black Panther was a big movie, the Royal Wedding. It was pre Covid. I got something that you'll you'll remember. I think I was supporting the Yo Tambien movement back.
Speaker 2: In the day, tom Bn. Yeah, now you were way into a Remember Yodel Boy.
Speaker 5: I remember Yoda Boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was like that was Covino's favorite Yoda Boy. Little he was at there like a supermarket Yoda Boy.
Speaker 3: So Yodel Boy was all the rage. And Baker Mayfield was your number one pick.
Speaker 4: And I want to just go over that draft for a secon because it's really interesting looking back because we love to grade drafts, right.
Speaker 2: Like what a bust?
Speaker 4: Because that was the draft that all these quarterbacks were taking it. So your number one pick in that draft was Baker Mayfield. Let's go down to number two, Sa Kwon Barkley. There's a guy that changed his stars, right yeah, New Life. Number three Sam Darnold, another guy that got new life.
Speaker 2: Well again, these are people that were sort of written off, but they didn't right back.
Speaker 4: Also in the top ten, number seven, Josh Allen. And remember some fans were.
Speaker 2: Like Josh Allen, wrong Josh, because number ten was Josh Rosen. Yeah. Remember he was like, I'm gonna show everyone. Yeah, show No. One.
Speaker 4: And if you go all the way down to number thirty two at the end of the first round, that was Lamar Jackson. So all these quarterbacks we talked about on Dadly, Lamar, Josh Allen, Baker, Sam Darnold, you can thrown. These are guys that are you know, after in twenty eighteen, this is year eight. Then right for them, you know seven eight years now, who's gonna win one?
Speaker 2: They're not all.
Speaker 4: Gonna win one. I'm not even talking about this year. I'm talking about in their career. There's gonna be this generation's, like I said, Philip Rivers or Dan Marino or Dan Fouts, the guy that just never got there.
Speaker 3: Well, I will start this by saying, I will be shocked if Baker Mayfield wins one. He's setting up to win one, he's playing like he wants to win one. He was the number one pick, like you said, but I still would be shocked just based on his journey of ups and downs, like the meme goes, and I love it. He's proving to be the Tom Brady of Johnny Manziel's. Baker Mayfield is the Tom Brady of Johnny Manziel. So I'd be shocked if he did now, but I think he could. But that also takes away another year where someone else could have won.
Speaker 2: So who ends up winning? Who doesn't?
Speaker 3: Well, all these quarterbacks in the league when you were a younger man, when we were growing up, we always talk about how Michael Jordan really sea blocked so many people from winning. An AA comes down.
Speaker 4: Ewing, Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, Sean Kemp, Clyde to Glide. A lot of these guys never got their flowers, never got that, never got their due, never won one because Michael Jordan decided to be greedy and three peat twice?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Is Mahomes doing that same thing to those other AFC quarterbacks the simple fact that he's been to.
Speaker 2: Five one, three of them.
Speaker 4: Can you look back, maybe a decade from now and be like, well, yeah, Josh Allen or Lamar. The reason they never won one was because it's that damn Patrick Mahomes. Is Mahomes doing is he? There's always one guy that's in your way of something. To me, it's Mario Lopez. Can we give someone else a shine or what? There's no root for another young Latino guy? Yeah, guy's hosting everything for you. It's it's probably Ryan Seacrest, Dan Bayer. Let someone else have a chance. Dan Byer, who's with us every afternoon, one of the great guys here at Fox Sports Radio. He's a big golf guy, and I believe he made the analogy that there are so many golfers that Tiger Woods unfortunately got in the way of. Now, when you are the runner up and you're in the top ten in golfing, you still make big money on these tours. But there are guys that missed out on major championships because there was a time where Tiger was winning everything. And when you look back, who do you think it's gonna be? That's the question here on Fox Sports Radio. Who's the person that just doesn't win one? Who's this generation's Marino or Philip Rivers? That is clearly a Hall of Fame type of guy. You know, you're Matt Ryan. You're a guy that couldn't get it done.
Speaker 3: If we're just following how things are heading now, Lamar Jackson has to come to mind because he's a guy that's always coming so close and plays so big, and now it looks like the whole team is playing like ass. They might be ass. So it might be him because again, based on the theory is not everybody could win.
Speaker 2: Not everyone's probably that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we know that there are Dan Marino's out there and Jim Kelly's out there, not everybody wins one.
Speaker 4: And you know what, Joe Burrow, you saw those analogies like, is he sort of like aur luck?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: He might not have the luck. He might not have the health to get there. So your thoughts will take your feedback.
Speaker 4: Next here on the Dan Patrick Show, can we know Rich fillin in, who is the odd man out? If you look into your futuristic crystal ball, which of these great quarterbacks never wins? We'll get to that in a bunch more. Fox Sports Radio got you on your hump day Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Let's go