Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busting Your Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I am your host Will Compton. My co host Heayoluwan. He is in training camp right now. He just had a preseason game. He's got a job on this week's episode of Busting with the Boys. I sit down with my guys, Blake, Lawrence and Audi Koalik. They are founders. They are entrepreneurs of their company Open Doors, which we're gonna dive into.
Speaker 2: They talk. We talk all things n I L, which is name image likeness.
Speaker 1: The reason this is a great episode is because I they're great friends of mine. We banter, we cut back and forth. There are mentors of mine, great friends of mine. Audi Kanalik, he was a kicker. We played on Nebraska together. He played in the league for a short period with the Carolina Panthers. And by short period, I mean you know, I think preseason. Uh with Blake, my boy Blake. He played linebacker in Nebraska with me, with myself and Lavonte, and he had to tired because he had too many concussions. That's not funny. That's not funny. That's just a buses balls all the time. About that but this is a great episode. Before we get into the episode, we need to shout out, PBR. They took care of the boys.
Speaker 2: Hey they did.
Speaker 1: They not take care of the boys this weekend first class bro, I'm talking hosted the boys. Well, we got to take different, can't. We got to do whatever we wanted. We got to see the bulls. We got to be able close with the bulls. We got to shoot camera angles from the shark cage which is out there in the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: We got to shoot when the bulls are taken off.
Speaker 1: What do they call that, the shotgun the shotgun cage, I don't know. We got to be here, yeah it sounds that sounds good. We got to be up top the aerial view. But anyway, shout out PBR. Some other house cleaning, not housekeeping, some house cleaning items. New merchandise flags. Get your flags ready to be in the stands, hanging in your dorm rooms, hanging in your.
Speaker 2: Main caves, your lady caves.
Speaker 1: Because I know we got some Tier one We got some Tier one chicks to watch the boys, dude, But get your new flags, fly them all around the stadiums nationwide. We also have new Hawaiian shirts that you guys have seen a lot of cool stuff new those new row pads.
Speaker 2: There's like over one hundred left. Get in there, Get in.
Speaker 1: The store store dot barstool sports dot com and click on brands. You'll see bus with the Boys. Click there you'll find all of our merch. But continue to buy our merch. Also, this weekend, Saturday, third preseason game the Boys, we're having our only one and only preseason game, our dress rehearsal.
Speaker 2: We are throwing a tailgate and watch party at Acme Feed and Seed.
Speaker 1: That is this Saturday, August twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: The Boys versus the other Boys.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can Yeah, we can say names. Well, I just know we can't advertise with the logos. Yeah, the Boys versus the Bears. And so we're gonna be at Acme Feed and Seed. The bus will be parked on Broadway. We will be on the corner First and Broadway. The bus will be on Broadway. So if your listen to this right now, you might not even be going to watch the preseason game, but you might be going out downtown to Nashville on Saturday evening. Saturday night, the bus will be parked on Broadway if you want a photo with it on the outside, not on the inside. But the boys will be there watching the game, having fun, slinging merch, doing some giveaways. I don't know if we're actually doing giveaways, but now the boys are gonna have to think of giveaways.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by our great partners at Chevy Silverado. Shout out the strongest most Advanced Siverado ever. I love driving my Chevy Soverado. It is the only truck that sits in my driveway. Now again, the strongest, most Advanced Loverado ever. The Silverado is strong, dependable, hard working, gritty. It is a driving lunch pale boys. It is dependable like the people who drive them, you other lunch pale grinders. The design is big, bold and commanding, and this truck turns heads. I am not I hate to say it, but I am not the best part Chevy Solado on my street. Even there's a neighbor next to me who's got a beautiful high country that's it's got the lift kid on it, it's got the nice tires like he, he outdoes the boy. I don't even have the best Chevy on my street, but I damn near break my neck every time I walk outside looking at it. Tailgating, hauling, towing, off, roading, moving day, helping out a friend or family member, road trips, whatever you want to do, road tripping down to the tailgate this weekend. Does she see a beautiful Chevy Soverado parked on Broadway with that beautiful bus.
Speaker 2: Go to a Chevy dealership near you.
Speaker 1: Let him know the boy sent You might get a free tailgate, you know, as as I always said. But hey, shout out our boys at Chevy Soverado. All the love, the best partner in the game, the grittiest, the best truck. Now let's go to the episode bus with the boys, open doors, big cocks, tedy kisses.
Speaker 3: Like you are the biggest athlete investor that could have even landed. There's nobody better than you.
Speaker 1: I've truly been trying to invest though since Come on now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hear you say it.
Speaker 3: I would say, probably day one, Yeah, hey, let me get in, let me get in.
Speaker 2: You would never let me.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't want to take like most of your salary. Well that's probably what it is. Yeah, it probably was.
Speaker 1: You probably felt bad, like at the beginning, did it always was it always tough, like not allowing.
Speaker 2: Like close friends and family.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's about not allowing. It's just like the timing has to work out the right way. It's like it's not like as a company, you're not just always taking on money. There's like periods of time when you're taking on money, and then the your major investors they have to like they have to be a part of You have to find a lead investor, and then it goes through the process. So when someone's like, hey, let me invest, it's like, well, if you if you ask the question at the right time, it might actually happen right right. But if you don't, then it's like, hey, I know you're interested, and we're going to come back to it when it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Got you, So as we get started, because I'm actually gonna have to enter, do you guys, you know, because you guys are like business guys. You guys aren't like you know, the superstar athletes where everybody knows who's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be on the bus.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm gonna have to sell my soul to get people to come and listen to this podcast, Like, I know you guys aren't gonna you guys don't understand right now, but if you click the link and listen to the boys, you guys are gonna learn a lot in this episode.
Speaker 2: But we have these are the founders, is it? Are you know?
Speaker 1: I don't I know you guys have an ego? Are you guys both co founders? Is that what you guys say? The founders of Open Doors Blake Lawrence and Audi Kannowik ADDI you are from Bosnia?
Speaker 2: Bosnia? Originally? Yes, Blake is from Kansas City, Missouri or something like.
Speaker 1: That, Kansas. And I played with these dudes in college. So we were all at Nebraska together in two thousand and eight when I was getting recruited. Blake was my host on my recruiting trip. And uh so I've known these dudes throughout Nebraska. We've done the GPPs, the workouts, we've ground together, like I'm having bow on, I'm having Coach bow On, like we all played for Coach bo. And these dudes are like real ass entrepreneurs. You guys are running pioneering this whole nil market name image likeness in college obviously, people see college for what NCAA. But you guys, you guys do stuff where open Doors is partnered with who, NFL.
Speaker 3: PA, NFL PA, MLBPA, NBPA, WNBPA, NHL, PJ Tour, LBCA, Team USA. Yeah, the majority of professional sports organizations use open Doors in some way.
Speaker 1: And you guys, your platform has essentially been built to pioneer this NIL movement that is now happening and throughout all the collegiate sports. We're like, I don't know when this episode is dropping, but right now we are two weeks removed from the announcement of this whole NIL, this wild west of athletes being able to you know, get sponsored and make money off the field.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's something we always say, and Blake's said this time and time again, like NIL is not new to sports, and IL is new to college sports right as it pertains to student athletes.
Speaker 3: So this has been around for a long time.
Speaker 4: We've been helping athletes, professional athletes monetize their name imaged likeness since twenty twelve. So like it's it's in our DNA, like foundationally, this is why we built the company. It just happens to be that the market shifted in our favor and now we get to continue to help even more athletes. That what student athletes being involved?
Speaker 2: Yeah, explain what open doors is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So open Doors's most innovative and compliant way that athletes can monetize their name. Imagine likeness. So you see an athlete promoting a product on Twitter, you see them showing up and do an appearance like that whole experience. Somebody had to reach out to that athlete, pitch them an idea to promote their product, go through the contract negotiations, pay the athlete the apthe had to do it, send it out, measure it, sign the agreement, get paid, do their taxes, and that whole process is very complicated. Open doors is a software that automates all of that. Right, So, if a brand or fan goes to open doors dot com, they sign up, they'll find out like booking a deal with any athlete is as easy as booking a trip on Expedia. Right, Like you just you find the athlete. There's fifty thousand of them in one place. You say, hey, I want to send Will Compton an opportunity to do an appearance for my business. You click Will, You click appearance and say all off from ten dollars, because that'd be that'd be market for you. Five bucks, yeah, five bucks for an hour.
Speaker 2: A lot of my shit's usually free. Like sometimes I would text you like, yeah, when the fuck is Nebraska gonna pay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yea, yeah yeah yeah you're not no, you're not pushing big dollars, but make it super easy. Like this is you talk about student athletes starting to get paid, you know, the student athlete. Let's say about pro athlete endorsements. There's about five thousand pro athletes in North America that move the needle with like athlete endorsements, right, and now that NCAA student athletes are able to make money through endorsements, Like, there's now five hundred thousand student athletes in the market. So the market got one hundred times bigger two weeks ago, and so open doors is getting a ton of ton of traffic. Like every student athlete the country is signing up for this tool because it's the easiest way for them to make money.
Speaker 1: But for allow the rules, Right, when did you guys start to realize that because obviously compliance a lot of legal shit, Like you guys will know being on the business side of everything, But like when when did you start to become aware that, Okay, you do this stuff for all of like professional athletes and you're making the seamless software program where you can go on the app and you can find the athletes. But when nil started to come for college, Like, how did you guys have to start to pivot and build your programming for the NCAA like the collegiate level, because there's a lot of fucking there's a lot of compliance issues. Like you know, every coach in America right now is probably having a team meeting about distractions and everybody, like you know, Dave comes out and talks about barstool athlete in every athlete in America essentially wants to throw their ass at barstool for a T shirt. You know what I mean, They got barstool athlete and anything like it's a wild wild West. So what kind of pivot did you have to do to start to build and prepare for this all happening in college.
Speaker 3: Well, here's like I'll take you back, like the twenty thirteen we we had Prince and Ukumara. So we all know Prince Prince all around the bus, right, it's one of the boys. Yeah, and so Prince was back and we had just launched like the very first version of open Doors, and he was in our office in Lincoln, Nebraska, and we paid him ten dollars to send out a tweet like hey just signed out for open doors, right, And he was like ten bucks, like he was making a thousand dollars a tweet at the time, you know, yeah, And so you know he did it, send it out. In the very next day, the NFL Players Association called us, right, So like the NFLPA, MLBPA, NBPA, like they're watching, they're listening, Like every single business that any of these you know, athletes promote, there's they got eyes on it, right. And so from that day, like seriously, the second day the thing was live, we started to think about how do we build compliance and rules, like making sure that if an athlete's going to use this thing to make money, that they're not going to lose their eligibility, they're not going to get in trouble with the union. So like we've been doing the compliance thing for a long time. It's just it's not sexy, right, But like athletes, for you, you just hit a green button, you make money, right, But open Doors our job is to make sure that you're falling all the rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we were championing athletes the entire time. I think so, like people like when we look back at especially now that nil is hot, it's trendy, everyone's like, hey, how did you guys know that this was coming?
Speaker 3: It's like truth be told, Like we didn't. There wasn't like this magic time.
Speaker 4: We were sitting there like, hey, the NCA is going to change their rules one day and we'll stand a benefit from that.
Speaker 3: Like that was never the intent.
Speaker 4: I think we knew that if the company is around long enough, because at the core we've been always just trying to help every athlete.
Speaker 3: That's our vision statement. We've said that for like ten years now.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 4: So we're like, if we're around when these rules change, man, holy shit, Like we'll actually be able to help every athlete, not just professional athletes, not just retired athletes, not just alumni athletes, but like every athlete in student athletes. And so we got a letter in the mail it was like twenty nineteen, like that summer ish and Blake walks up to the office and he's like he printed out right, and he puts it on my desk.
Speaker 2: And like, what is this?
Speaker 4: And I look and there's a blue dot in the top left corner. It was the NCAA And they're like, hey, uh, it's basically like we're we are considering changing the rules or the legislation, and we would love to invite you to be part of the working group because we know your extensive experience helping professional athletes with nam image likeness for the last six years at the time, seven years at a time. So they're inviting us to be sort of the experts to help them navigate what is coming. And when we saw that and blake'sitd in my office, I'm like, things are really going to change now.
Speaker 3: Like it was like the most exciting day because.
Speaker 2: We just when was this?
Speaker 3: When was this like two years ago? Almost of the day. Yeah, it was in July.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you were you were in Lincoln and you you just literally put I'm like wait, wait, wait, wait, what is happening.
Speaker 2: You're probably like, yo, do you fucking see it? Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: Excited because like he's you know, I'll give him credit, Blake's a visionary. So literally he he had that and it was later that afternoon he comes in and he's like here, here's the model, dude, here's how this is going to work.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, when did you do this?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: And he like canceled all his meetings and he had already like you know, he's he's got a freaking whiteboard and whatnot.
Speaker 3: But he's like he had already drawn up this.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, and like just like because because it's we have we had all this institutional knowledge of how this should work. And Blake's like, dude, if we just do this, this, this, this, we already have compliant technology, we already know the people in the space. And the thing is, like Blake mentioned all the acronyms all different sports organizations. What's what's interesting is they all have different rules, right, Like, if you're a brand and you want to work with NFL players, if you don't have an NFLPA license, you can only work up with the five active players. Once you go beyond that, you got to get a license. Well, with the MLBPA, it's it's two right, it's only two players. So if you're the guys who are not in the union, yeah, exact exactly. So it's like you have to understand all those rules. A lot of times we were educating brands that were looking to spend money in sports on what it's like to work with players. So then this whole thing is like, of course the NCAA is going to reach out to us and be like, hey, if we're going to do this, what's the right way to do it? Because there's gonna be a lot of compliance, There's gonna be a lot of regulation. What are the rules that should be in place? And so he's like, dude, it's it's right here. So that was exciting, Like right there. Yeah, So like that was the only compliment I'm going to get them all day. For every compliment that I give Blake he gets I just destroyed.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, while we've done nothing but.
Speaker 3: Insult ratio.
Speaker 1: So how when all of it finally got announced, Like obviously, you guys are probably still living in the highest probably some lows too. I know you've been in some phone calls as well, like what's it been like since it's all dropped, since it's all been announced? Like how many how many athletes have actually started to benefit off of open doors, like off of name, image likeness because everyone everyone thinks like I think the same way is probably going to be the best player on every team or maybe the hottest.
Speaker 2: Like, how many athletes have actually started to benefit from this?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there are Right now, there's forty thousand student athletes that use open Doors and they are all one click away from getting an endorsement deal. Like, we have a brand partner, Go Puff. It's like, hey, we will pay every single student afthe in the country. Like because there's so many people, like, oh, only the quarterbacks is going to get a deal, only the you know, the starting port guard is gonna get a deal. But we've got a brand that's like, no, we will offer every single student athete in the country. Right, So as soon as a student athete downloads the app and signs up, they get their first endorsement deal.
Speaker 2: So so what is go Puff? They must be like they must have money, right.
Speaker 3: It's a snack delivery app, right, Like it's like Postmates, but for a college campus. It's open twenty four to seven. You need snacks the middle of the night, man, Go Puff? Is there no free shoutouts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no free shoutouts of Go Puff. You better spend on open doors pay for this fucking shout out? Oh really, So I'm just behind the time, I'm just not a yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So it's go for like college campuses, the audience because you're like, you're you know, you're playing video games, you're hanging out with the boys, and you're like, I just need like some snacks, and we all had that moment and you go on there app and it's it's right there.
Speaker 3: So it's like it's naturally like this one of those things that being in college. You know, you go back to Nebraska, right, everyone knew that there was a Monster Rep or a Red Bull Rep, or like the dude that was working at the bar, you know, and everyone knew that guy. And so these businesses have always tried to find the most influential like fraternity sorority member to be an ambassador. Right, But all these brands, the easiest way to know who the most influential person is on a campus is to pick a student athlete. But they've never ever been able to actually pay a student athlete to be an ambassador before, right, And so.
Speaker 1: It's you in an envelope or right. Right, So if your go puff, you'll go into open doors. And if they want to pay every athlete, are they basically going to Hey, the face value that's sitting on the athlete, Like based on what your guys's metrics are that have curated like a price.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: No, these guys have a flat rate offer for Anybody's the same for everybody, right, So, and they're just like, hey, if you're a student athlete and you turn on deals and boomin, within seconds you get your first endorsement offer, you say yes, and then open Doors automates like they send out the tweet, they send it the payment we had the tax preparation, Like, these kids are getting paid within seconds of signing up.
Speaker 4: It's why we have we have a bunch of partners that are comparable to go pups that are lining up for these h We call them like welcome off for programs where what they want to do is they want to be able to help every athlete.
Speaker 3: So we're like, well, that aligns with what we want to do.
Speaker 4: So, like our idea for Open Doors in the future is that as a student athlete, if you have the app that every week there's a deal sitting there for you from a different brand. Like every week you're like, oh, I just went through the app and I'm able to make fifty bucks. I'm able to make a hundred bucks. And and I think the coolest part also from all the brands that we've been like just everyone that's been calling us inbound to really figure this out, is there's just like where everyone's thinking that they're just going to go off to the quarterback or the star volleyball player. It's like most of the brands that want to do big, big things at scale are like I want to help every athlete. I want to do it with gymnasts, with the softball players, I want to do with with niche sports. And that's really cool because thinking about those are like the sort of kind of underdogs. A lot of times the score don't don't get any love. They like everybody's football basketball gets all the love. And now we get to actually prove out the model to say that every student athlete should benefit from this from them namage and likeness and they get to actually do it.
Speaker 1: This podcast is sponsored by Better Help Online Therapy. Look, life is full of stressors and it doesn't matter who you are, what you have, your life is probably stressful in some kind of way, whether it's jobs, money, having a wife. I know me personally, the reason my wife and I go to a couple's therapy every other week is because she me insane. You may not be feeling down and depressed or like you're at a total loss, but if your stress is high, your temper shorter than usual, like when your wife wants you to take out the trash when you get home and you're finally wanting to kick your feed up and watch the game, or even if you're starting to feel a little strained in any other relationships, you could probably use the chance to unload, unload distress and get it out. Talk to someone who's completely unbiased about your life, someone who isn't going to judge you or take sides on anything when there are when there are things that you can't tell anyone or feel like you can unload the family and friends, you need to unload it somehow, and that's what therapy can be.
Speaker 2: Better.
Speaker 1: Help is customized online therapy that offers video, phone and even live chat sessions with your therapists, so you don't have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can start communicating with your therapists in under forty eight hours. Unload distressors and get some unbiased feedback. You'd be quite surprised at what you might gain from it, and see if it's for you. This podcast is sponsored by Betterhelp and our listeners get ten percent off their first month at betterhelp dot com slash bussing. That's b E T T E r h e l p dot com slash busting. I'm just kidding, sweetheart, I love you. That was just it's just for the podcast. Uh, but betterhelp dot com slash bussing. So, how many back to the question, how many kids have how many kids have probably benefited from the deal?
Speaker 2: I know? And in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: In the first couple of weeks, there's more than five thousand endorsement deals been just facilitated through open doors. Really, yeah, five thousand in the first two weeks.
Speaker 1: And you have so you have forty thousand. You have forty thousand athletes signed up right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, student athletes. And each one of them like they they're just gonna turn like flip the switch and get the deal. So like every as we're sitting here, there's probably one hundred new student athletes that are getting their first deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. That's I mean, what's what's it look like if as.
Speaker 1: People continue to sign up, like say you had say every how many student athletes are there?
Speaker 3: There's five or thousand student athletes. So if every student athlete in the country made an average of uh, let's say two hundred dollars a month, okay, that would be one hundred million dollars a month in endorsements, right, that is going to flow into this market, and somebody has to manage it, you know, somebody has to make sure that that dude is getting paid for that thing, and it's not a recruiting inducement, is not a pay for play scheme, like he's not getting paid by his coach, right, So like unlike the professional athlete market, like this is super regulated, you know. And then again in the ninety percent of student athletes won't have an agent, but one of them will have an app, right, and that's us, Like we are the tool that they're using to monetize their name, image of likeness. And what's wild is like we started the same just to help one athlete, help two athletes, help three athletes, but now we're on a path here. It was like this should be the standard for every student athlete, every pro athlete, like for the rest of their career to do this, right, wild?
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here thinking like you, you were bringing up the agent stuff, like what do you see a lot more agents now getting in this strategy getting in this atmosphere of collegiate sports.
Speaker 3: The economic model didn't make any sense, right, So you're you're.
Speaker 1: Essentially saying you can you can, like brands, why sit there and negotiate with an agent when they're gonna try to hold the leverage of a player, when you can just go on this when you can essentially just go on open door saying's like, we don't you guys are the middle man yourself.
Speaker 3: We don't replace agents, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. I'm just saying, if you're a brand wanting to spend like.
Speaker 3: We we would repair like what an agent would do, or like I just like there's so many of these Okay, the economic model of being an agent. Imagine you're at Nebraska and you're pulling in two hundred dollars a month, Like for you, that's real money, oh, no question, But an agent would what take ten twenty percent of that? So what agent is gonna get out of bed and like, man, I'm gonna workout tail off and make ten bucks this month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're saying like that, that makes sense because it started. We're it all started was like two is eleven. Like I had my short time in Carolina. I remember being in the locker room and back in Nebraska, Blake and I were helping athletes get deals, like some of our former teammates, right, and I'm in the Panthers' locker room and I know like my agent cared about me, but it didn't make sense for him to go and find a local Charlotte sponsor who would want to work with me. It just didn't make sense because it was even if it was a three hundred and four hundred dollars deal, I had a small audience. What's he going to make forty bucks on that when you can go spend the same amount of time for starting linebacker and get a fifteen thousand dollars deal. So I can't be mad at the agent. The problem was access, So we're like, hey, let's build a platform that addresses the access problem. Let's let's let like why our only Peyton Manning and the Tom Brady is getting all the endorsement dollars. It's not that brands like don't want to work with the niche athletes. Like, for you, you've got a really passionate did you have a one hundred k yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think we did.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, norats Mans, You're now that that next year, right, But it's like, you know, it's like, it's not.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It didn't feel fair that all the top athletes were getting all the deals, and the brands really did want to work even with the one hundred k athletes, actually probably even more than that, but they just they had the issue of access. How do I get a hold of them? Do I don't want to negotiate this, like because it's not really a big span, but it would be advantageous for the athlete, And so we're like, we need to solve that problem. So we started solving that problem back in freaking twenty eleven, twenty twelve, And what Blake was saying when the NFLPA called us, They're like, we need this problem solved for all two thousand of our active players. And then here we are ten years later and we're trying to solve that problem for five hundred thousand student athletes.
Speaker 1: Yeah fuck man, yeah she yeah she not even only the five hundred thousand student athletes, and also the ones you still work with, like yeah, all the pro guys too, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's the cool part too. It's like to know that, you know, you can log in anytime, like to open to and you just you can see the deal flow, right, and it's like, Okay, the largest car company on the planet just send out five hundred endorsement deals to every Olympic athlete, like every Team USA Olympic athlete. You're like, that's cool, right, And then the next thing you scroll down, it's like, oh, a food truck and Lincoln Nebraska just paid the All American volleyball player to be an ambassador for the year. Oh that's cool, you know, and you just keep scrolling and you get to a point where it's like, oh my gosh, like that's Alex Morgan getting paid real, real money. Just drop a post on Instagram and you know, you build this tool with a dream like that, cool things can happen, and then eventually you have a team around you and you just get to see it kind of come to life. It's like its own little thing. Yeah, it's like this bus, dude, this bus at one point was a dream of yours, you know, and like now you get to show up and there's people here operating this thing and you're like, oh my gosh, like this is bigger than me.
Speaker 2: This is big.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's a living, breathing thing. Now you just got to like kind of guide it, coach, you know. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's hard.
Speaker 1: Like everybody would want to sponsor probably you know, a niche of a team or like a group of a team, or a position group or the entire team, but it's hard when you got to work with probably you know, all those different agents, all those different people, and you have no clue of the guys who have like small little followings, but they do some damage and it's not worth it for that agent to be sticking out their neck because like you were saying, your agent would only make you know, twenty bucks off of like a four hundred dollars deal.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Well, and think about like the the nuance that exists. Like so most of the time, even early on brands, it's not about just working with one athlete, they want to work with ten athletes, and if they're all represented by different agents, that's ten different marketing reps or agents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like its just different negotiating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, saw real quick, different contracts. So then it becomes a headache. Now you're like, I don't even want to do this because that's too much. Or let's say nine athletes were miraculously easy to work with, but the one agent is just being like it's tough. And again, it's not the agent's fault. They're negotiating on behalf of their athlete, and they may they might feel that the athlete is worse than they should be or vice versa, right, and it just slows down everything. So then a lot of marketers just would just not want to do it because like, I don't I don't understand athlete marketing. It's it's it's too confusing. I don't want to go down the path of having to negotiate way too much of this. And so we're like, okay, we'll create a tool so that all these parties can feel informed, they can do it quickly, and when it's all said and done, it gets executed and no one and the athlete literally just pulls their phone out, they click approved, put their phone back in their pocket.
Speaker 3: Everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So to explain what essentially happens, like us at bus and we use open doors like we use when we get all of our content and gets strapped into open doors.
Speaker 2: I get a text.
Speaker 1: Once the content all the boys get done making the content, I get a text on my phone. Your folder's ready for all the content we've made from us with the boys. I click on that folder. It takes me to or folder and it's got all the clips, all the photos, anything I might want to post, and I can sit there and click on a photo, or I can click on a clip and I can hit tweet or Instagram and I can make the caption right from there from the app and then it goes right out to the platform. So that's how it helps us on busting. But how it works for like the athletes, how what we're sitting here talking about. They get a text and you can hit approve. So if Busting with the Boys wanted to you know, I'm looking at Jack. Jack's a student athlete. The Bust with the Boys wanted to sponsor Jack throwing some merch throwing fifty bucks. We see we would go into open doors dot com. We would see based on what we want to get accomplished that Jack's are our player or a group of players that we find like, these are the guys who want to hit because this is these are the metrics, is how well they do in that city.
Speaker 2: This is the reach we want to have. I click on Jack, a couple other guys and send out this deal to them.
Speaker 1: It goes through. It filters through your guys of software. The only thing that happens for the athlete. They get a vibration in their pocket, just like a text message they get. A text message comes from a Lincoln, it comes from a Nebraska number four h two. You open it up and it says open doors has a deal for you. Go check it out. You click on the link, it takes you. It takes you right to it. It shows you the tweet that you're gonna have. It shows you the caption that's going with it. It shows you the graphic. It shows you everything you hit that it's worth fifty dollars and some merchandise. You hit accept or decline. If you hit accept, it says thank you, we will take care of the rest. It goes out for busting with the boys at the time stamp. We picked it at the day, we chose the daytime.
Speaker 2: All of it. It's seamless for both sides.
Speaker 1: The athlete benefits and gets the money in their bank account, and then obviously the merchandise gets shipped to them. If they hit the cline, they hit the cline and nothing happens, or you can edit it and make the caption your own.
Speaker 2: But did I anything.
Speaker 4: I'm is there sitting here trying to think of I'm like, damn, you want a job salesmooth it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And every year in Nebraska, where the season starts or a spring game happens, they target the alumni to do a spring game post. It comes in as it's for free, so we're always doing a sell it for the boys, shouting the boys, and there's always a graphic with like, you know, spring game is fifty one days away. And I'll be like, oh, that's a corny caption, so I'll edit the caption, hit accept, and then literally the tweet. I could be chilling all the daylong and the tweet would have been out there and you know, you just did they take care of.
Speaker 3: It for you, and you know What's Will was like, I love how you say that. And there's a lot of people that listen, they watch this show and they see you Will, they see Taylor, and like, you are the one percent of athletes that understand how to properly market yourself. Like you're active, you're on social media, you're saying the right things, right place, right time, and the majority of athletes aren't natural marketers, you know what I'm saying. Like that was one of the things that we had to learn over those last decade too, was like you know, the old thing like if you build it, they will come right. Like every startup founder is like, oh, we're gonna be billionaires in a day, you know, like you no doubt this idea.
Speaker 2: Let's figure it out. We're rich tomorrow's.
Speaker 3: Getting a rocket shift, yeah, you know, And that's not how like you got to go through fits and starts and realize like that these athletes are like, hey, why aren't these brands like jumping on these athletes? And then you would go to the athletes feed and they haven't like tweeted or posted on Instagram in a month, you know, And like imagine you work at ESPN, You're trying to say, hey, man, this is the best show. You should advertise in the show, and like, oh, let me watch it. You turn it on, it's static, Like no one's gonna buy advertising on a static TV, right, So what we realized, like we had to find a way to like help athletes figure it, Like you got to market yourself, man, Like you gotta you gotta photos, videos, content, Like you gotta be pushing that stuff out all the time, and like that's the secret that everyone that's listening here that behind the scenes of your favorite athlete most likely is this open doors app that's like hand delivering them photos, videos, content from their team, their league, they're they're alma mater, so they can be more active because nobody's going none of these brands want to work with athletes unless they have something to say and they're saying it. And like again, most athletes aren't natural marketers, Like Will Compton is an anomaly, he's a he's a he's a free wee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just hit one hundred k followers and.
Speaker 3: He's this guy is the most natural marketer.
Speaker 1: Well I remember too, Like you're wanting to make content for the athletes. So also, like in my open Doors folder, I have all my Washington photos, all my Tennessee photos.
Speaker 2: I did that for you.
Speaker 1: You did all my Oakland Raider photos, all of it, all those different folders, and then obviously all the bust and assets that we have.
Speaker 2: But well it is.
Speaker 4: But like I'll just the last thing. I'll add on on the common because I think it is important. It is like we we realized that, like not all athletes are marketers. But consistency is the one thing that you you can't like. As long as you're sharing something, you're going to be growing, right, So like the worst thing you can do is not share anything.
Speaker 2: And because you're worried about it, Yeah, about something, you just post.
Speaker 4: Exactly, just post a photo like I like I'm I would say, I'm like social media introvert. Like I don't share a lot. I know what my brand is. But like, once I figured out, like the things that I like to talk about is I like to champion other people. I like to champion my teammates. I like to talk about when other people are winning. I love that shit, right, If our company is doing something exciting, I love that stuff, right, And so you just double down on those things, and like imagine if you had a folder. It was just you and your teammates. You could literally, like every week just post that, or go and and and make fun of one of your teammates, right, or do something right.
Speaker 3: That's content.
Speaker 4: You're not talking about yourself for those for those athletes who are again more on the introvert signs, like, dude, social media is not for me.
Speaker 3: It's like gues. It might not be for you, but your fans they do care about what you're doing, and this is the only window of opportunity. Yeah, exactly. You think about this, like, man, I cannot believe that Will Coff is still playing in the NFL. You know what I'm saying That isol day one recruiting trip, I said this, dude, Yeah, that's this dude. Dude, remember when Callahan got fired. You were committed before, Like you weren't committed to bo right, yeah, correct was committed to Yes, And like then they're like, dude, there's a beast to keep them.
Speaker 2: We got to keep them.
Speaker 5: Four star, four star, you know. And I'm like, yeah, you came in the dorms me and were roominate. We had that like that super double and then you came in there. Yeah, that's super double and you're like, dude, but mister Ai though, like I might go down to missoo. I'm like, dude, stop o my god, yeah out stop it the hometown state, you know, like will get that raspy voice. Yeah, yeah, yeah you do, dude. He's like, I don't know, man, put them at teeth, Yeah, dude, they were. They were a classic. You left those in yeah down there, so we'll pick them teeth up. She's but you know, like you imagine though you're still doing it.
Speaker 3: And like we were. We were playing at the same time. Bro, we started together and like I haven't been a football player for twelve years, you know what I'm saying. But because the concussions, well yeah, I mean I had some concussion issues, right, you would have been in the league a little oh first. Yeah, it was beasting you in practice. I knows what I'm saying. Like this, guys, how.
Speaker 2: Much could you bened one thirty five? How many times I.
Speaker 3: Got it like to eleven one time?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: I was so hey, I was so weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Blake was like the only dude who had the body were like the tight the tight fit shirt like looked like a T shirt.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what's the what's the strength coach that he's at Tampa Bay. Now, uh wait coach wait away coach Wade? Yes, yeah, waye dope. He he told me every day he say, hey, Lawrence, you're skinny fat. I'm like, what is That's brutal, that's pretty dadbod. Like that's like when dad bod was not a thing yet, Like you had a dad bob when you were like when you're like nineteen, I'm trendy and you didn't have children or a wife. I was dad bottom before dad was actually pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, just pounding the gatorade chicks trying to get big.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, we did. Used to pound some Gatoray chicks. I used to put in my pockets. Uh when you way in dude, if you were underweight, remember we underweight to roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's the most brutal about Dobson saying he's like, yeah, we should have never made you guys do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah he does. He does.
Speaker 1: He's like, but you guys are so like he talked about how what the culture was like they got there and they had to just do some extreme as ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh they did it right though. I Mean I gave him a lot of compliments and like we needed to get her ask kick. That's how you get people to like fall in line and actually do things and commit.
Speaker 2: And they met yesterday, did they really?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Y and dude he yeah, he liked you guys. Fuck. I was a projects like this dude. I was like just so little, but I don't know I did. I would go in to get the chocolate milks. I get him out of the fridge. You know, we had pockets and shorts. I would go down there like mosey down and I'd have two chocolate milks in my pockets and we would weigh in the hawks. And then there was that closet right there, so I would weigh in and I'd make weight, and then I would duck into that closet, take out the chocolate mousk and just chuck them into that closet. I did it all summer, and then one day the trainer was going in there to get like the pads out, and she came out gagging, you know because all the spoiled milk and hot closet down on the facide. I made weight though, I never I never never had a roll. Just made that trainer's day though.
Speaker 6: Shout out Cigars International. No free shoutouts, shout out Will. Right now, Cigars International is offering our listeners ten percent off your order plus free shipping. Just go to cigars at international dot com and use promo code. Boys at checkout talk.
Speaker 2: About a personalized story. You smoke cigars.
Speaker 6: I do smoke cigars, but I'm kind of pissed off about the most recent one because Will was smoking cigars yesterday with a bottle of bourbon.
Speaker 3: Didn't get one text.
Speaker 6: He was clearly out there by himself, and none of the boys got hit up by Will to go smoke cigars.
Speaker 2: I don't smoke cigars with dudes that looked like that. Dude that looked like what a beast look like? A beta? Look at that. That's what smoking cigars will do.
Speaker 3: Get you a body like this.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: Whether you are working from home or just and back after a long week, there's no better way to relax than with your favorite cigar, and Cigars International has the deals and selections to meet all your cigar needs. Cigars International's home to the largest Oh what's that word? Will humidor just watch the screen?
Speaker 2: I don't even know. Yeah, humidor humid.
Speaker 3: Or in America.
Speaker 6: All the brands you know and love are available here, from the big, top selling national brands to the small boutique cigar makers. Cigars from Nicaragua. Get a little more enthusiasm, more enthusiasm, redo that, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Just start at Cigars from Nicaragua.
Speaker 6: Cigars from Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Ecuador, the Bahamas, America, you name it, they've got it a.
Speaker 2: Little more more.
Speaker 6: They have great cigar deals, from their daily Cigar Deal to weekly specials to their Cigar of the Month club. You got to get in one of them. Man, A lot of y'all listening are not in clubs. This is the club to get into. Here we go, don't know where to start, don't worry, We got you. They're the gigs of Macan all cigar wait all Star. They're making the kings of making all star sampler packs like variety pack of craft beer, but better that lets you get a little taste of everything. Right now, Cigars International is offering our listeners ten percent off your order plus free shipping. Take advantage of these incredible savings, simply go to Cigars International dot com. Use promo code Boys Boys for those that can't spell. When you're ready to check out, that website is Cigars with an s international dot com and use promo code.
Speaker 2: Boys. Back to the episode, Sure we went off on a tangent.
Speaker 1: What were we h you're talking about? You're talking about you know.
Speaker 3: You're still playing Oh my yeah, building, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Like there's a small moment in tip window and you're like, think about this, dude.
Speaker 3: You've played over. Man, it's over before you know it. Like so, you know, one day, I'm a starting linebacker in Nebraska. The next day can never play football again, you know, and my career is done in a day. And like from that day to this moment, like I've dedicated my whole professional career. Audio has two to make sure athletes understand this doesn't last forever, Like you have no idea how long your win of opportunity is. So if we can give you a tool of technology, like so you can make the most of it. Like these eyeballs on you are not going to be there when you're gone, So get as many as you can, like collect them up, get them, like this is like a supermarket frenzy. Get every fan in Nebraska in the cart because you're out of there before you even know it, right, And like if you do that for every athlete on the plan, like then everyone's gonna win, you know. And like you've done it. You found a way to trick all these NFL teams and as sign and you the play and then you get to one hundred k ten years later. I mean, like it's a it's a Cinerella story, c that is. But you're playing the long game, you know. But we got to do that, and I think, I know we're making the difference in a lot of kids lives.
Speaker 2: They have to.
Speaker 3: It's not and it's not like, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Audi, how long did you play? Did you only play a year or two years? Audi was a kicker? Audi, the unbelievable kicker. I mean kind of heard us big to change.
Speaker 2: We won't talk about that.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't.
Speaker 2: The Panthers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: Obviously you transition right away into being a.
Speaker 4: Well we had well, so Blake and I had started our first company. It was a social media agency in twenty ten.
Speaker 3: That yeah, I heard that. Where did you hear that? I heard that?
Speaker 2: Facebook? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know why we chose Actually I do know. It's a very That company still exists. Yeah, bro, so we sold the company in twenty fourteen, but it's alive and well right now, Like it has probably like I don't know, twenty employees and they carry on. It's kind of weird to walk by like and see the office, yes and not knowing start of that company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you started that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that that So we started that company. And I had like a dilemma and I was telling you about at this maybe at some point, but like I think as an athlete, the one thing I think every athlete is taught their entire life is to not quit, right, So the transition from wanting to be an athlete and and like making a decision to do something else is very, very difficult because you feel like you're quitting something, and then most people are forced into quitting things.
Speaker 3: And I think this is why.
Speaker 4: Also, like sometimes people just they hang on for too long, right, Like if you don't make it in that first year in the league, usually it's like, dude, you're probably not going to make it, right or if you.
Speaker 1: Haven't played, like it's like if bomb hanging on to the dream and I don't and I don't get a call for another year and it's still July, and I'm like, I gotta be ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you're like you're like doing like you know, we've had teammates former teammates, but I think a lot of athletes go through this where they're like, yeah, man, I'm just like trying to make a team right now, Like I'm staying super busy.
Speaker 1: I'm like.
Speaker 4: With what And they're like, well, you know, I'll just get I just got to work out in I'm like, and then what do you do the rest of the day, Like, well, nothing, I'm like, dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, it's not it's not coming back. And I think that that is a tough part because it's it's the quitting thing, and you're right, right right, and it's a psyche thing, right you like, I don't want to quit.
Speaker 1: And you find those rare examples of it working out, like for the majority, for the most part, ninety percent is done. After that happens exam, you have like a you know, your invincible stories, and that's where guys get that.
Speaker 4: Opportunity because they only cover the success stories, dude. They only cover like the guys that that you know hung on and they freaking made a team, and it's great. I think that should exist in sports. But for the most part, I think when you're hanging on for that long and it's not like moving forward, you are not starting to transition into reality of life. Like being in the NFL is not a real thing. Like making twenty grand a week whatever it is minimum now, it's like that's not real life, right, So when you start to have a real job and you start realize how much it takes to make forty thousand dollars a year or fifty or sixty, like, you're like what So I'm I'm on the side of like you should start to realize that a little bit sooner than trying to hang on to something and whatnot. But that you know, that's kind of like beside the point. But like I had this dilemma where I got back My last workout trial was with the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: It was in December, and uh going to kick in Buffalo in December?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was like, I literally I remember I called my my my wife now twenty twelve and I called Shannon my my wife and we're dating that and I'm like, I don't even know if I want to make this team because I'm like, this place would sucked, you know.
Speaker 3: It was just like it's just you knowing buffalo and I yeah, yeah, so sorry.
Speaker 2: You don't want to get jokes blamed on the table probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I'm when I get a bunch of people attacking me, but no, like I so, but I remember I came back and we had our business going at the time, and I had this like moment where I'm like, I'm done with these workouts, man, Like I'm done trying to make a team. It was becoming more and more difficult to try to lead people and a company when you had like a side thing when it was like, Okay, I'm I'm trying to build a business, but also like if I get a call from somebody, then I might go and do that. And so me and him had the conversation and I was like it was but it felt good that like I made the decision to stop, right, And I don't know if I would have gotten a call again. I'm gonna call my agent and I was like, hey, if I get any more inbound calls, just let him know, like I'm done, right.
Speaker 3: He's like, well, what about Canada? I'm like, I'm not doing Canada, Like it's just not my jam.
Speaker 4: And I'm super thankful looking back that I made that transition because one we had something, but two it felt more like I was in control of the situation, the story and I got to I got to kick in the league. Like it was like, first Bosnian player to ever play in the NFL, Like that was. That was a proud moment, right, And did.
Speaker 2: You're the first Bosnian player I ever played in the NFL.
Speaker 3: It's like a super fun fact, right, Yeah. Yeah, it's a dope thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, how many Bossians are can actually even have an opportunity to Ye, if there's ever another BOSSI of plays in the league, it will probably be a kicker.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, like, yo, what's up? What's going on? First? So first?
Speaker 4: But yeah, that was but that was that was a kind of a cool thing looking back at it now. But like, and I was giving you some credit earlier, I think you've had the best. You're like in the middle of this transition from athlete to entrepreneur like business owner like podcast because it's like it is, you're like in it halfway, you're over here, but then you're doing things and like you're doing it like the way. Yeah, Like you've been investing in your own brand for a very long time to be able to do it, and it's very clear that you like there's a there is effort there, there's skill there, there's obviously like the actual like talent that you have there. So I think that's really cool and it's it's something that other people could look at as a playbook and actually try to do and replicate themselves.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Like I'm trying to get better at accepting compliments and everything, but you know, you guys have I'm having too many, and I'm starting to get like.
Speaker 4: You know, a podcast like and it's so funny how you give someone a compliment and that you're just waiting for the next roast, Like.
Speaker 2: I know, like we do got to just be.
Speaker 1: Better, Like Taylor and I are trying to consciously be better, like when we're you know, we had to think yesterday like all right, let's hurry up.
Speaker 2: And stop talking about that. Yeah, yeah, I feel you though.
Speaker 1: Man, It's like it's always been tough because a lot of times guys don't like with all of it, everything we're talking about right number one, it fires me up that you're like, it's gone in a day, Like your window of opportunity is so small. It's like athletes are brands too. That book, you guys know the book, Well read that book in.
Speaker 2: One day, the only time I've ever read a book in one day.
Speaker 3: Lots of colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's pop up book.
Speaker 1: Gives a pop up book, but phenomenal book, and it just breaks down the moment of time that you actually have as an athlete. It's like like, look, you got your unicorse, you got your you got your quarterbacks, you got your ones that they're always gonna make the big money, like the one percent of the one percent of the one percent, but everybody else, Like you got to find your niche. You gotta find your voice, like whether you want to be in it or not, like you're in the game of social media, you know, and yeah, you don't have to care about it. If you want to do other stuff, like you know you want to I don't know, but you want to do other stuff, it's fine. Or if you want to think like what am I trying to say here, Like if you're not about it, it's all good.
Speaker 3: Not everyone has to do this, right, but if you realize what you have you should consider like using sports as a springboard into whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, if you have interest, you need to understand that this stuff is a tool, and you only have a finite window, the average window, Like it's not even the pro guys. It's like if you play in college or even high school, like you have a very small window to use it as an advance for you.
Speaker 4: This is something I like, Like I think LinkedIn is completely like under utilized or misunderstood.
Speaker 2: And I think I'm misunderstanding because I'm not I want to fou So imagine this.
Speaker 4: When you are at Nebraska, You've got that end on your helmet, on the side of your helmet. You have a lot of leverage, right, So like if you wanted to meet with anybody in town, they're gonna do it because you're a player, Like you have a frickin jersey on.
Speaker 3: You're one of one. There's no no one like you.
Speaker 4: So if I'm a student athlete, I'm getting a LinkedIn, I'm connecting with everybody in the community. And let's say I care about engineering or I'm big into advertising, I would connect with everybody in the community. Everyone that went to Nebraska who's an advertising and I'd be like, Hey, just want to connect with you. I'm a current student athlete. I would just love to connect with you on here. Maybe sometime I'd love to pick your brain on something. You're literally amassing this network and at any given point, let's say in the spring, you get some downtime, you can go and grab coffee with that person, and now you have you've been building your network. When you're done playing sports, they will remember you. And you got to literally almost build like a network and a resume of people that you can go and work with right away. Well, when you graduate and you don't have the leverage anymore, you don't have the helmet anymore, it's harder to get that coffee meeting.
Speaker 2: Oh it's different.
Speaker 4: It's different because it's not that I don't know. It's not that like people all of a sudden don't care about you. It's just like it's just different.
Speaker 3: We all know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just is what it is.
Speaker 1: Like you're playing a sport, like if I'm a fan right of the Titans, and I'm a diehard fan, like and you're watching the Titans and celebrate, and then you see one of them where.
Speaker 2: You get to have engagement with one of them, like.
Speaker 1: It just hypes you up, regardless if they're in an alumni it's just different. It's not that they don't, it's not that it's it's.
Speaker 3: Just it's just different. Yeah, I think that's one of the things like to what we're doing. Like a lot of these kids are signing up for open doors and they're like, oh, I'm gonna get money. I'm gonna get money, you know. It's like, yeah, it's right. If they use openers to get an endorsement deal, then that is so so awesome. Like in reality, they're gonna build audience so they can get a job offer, right, Like that's as good. And like if you're a kid and you walk out of Nebraska with twenty thousand followers, like one of those people was going to offer you a job, right, Like you're that that's how that should work. And that's again like trying to springboard off for that. And so we're we're it's fun like being what we're doing. But then anyone that's listening, like I think that you who was on the bus yesterday, I'm just gonna throw off you know, this is right? Dale Junior was on the bus. Dude, do you remember like the very first time that you had a Twitter exchange with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was gassed. I was geeked out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I was running around screenshot and my dude, Will Compton's talking to somebody cool, you know, and like you're saying you were, I was hyped up for you because you in that moment you had to realize, bro, that you are, but you're talking to him. Why is not talking to you? No, but like that's a and then you at that moment you had to realize, oh, dang, like I can use this platform for this. He was on your bus, on your podcast in your city and it all started on some Twitter exchange.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like that's the power of an athlete actually leaning into this stuff.
Speaker 2: Dude. Yeah, no, no, weird. You're right, that is weird. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And because I always go for like when you say it's just different, Like the thing I always say is you're better looking, your jokes are funnier. You can shake more hands when you're in the league, like or when you have a jersey on, or when you're wrapping something of like quote unquote status, right, and the minute you're out of it. It just it all goes the other way, that's right, whether it comes off as you trying harder, a little more desperate.
Speaker 4: All that stuff like, yeah, you don't have that as much, right because like when you're in the league, like, you have leverage. So then whoever has the more more leverage can in the relationship can come off maybe a little bit more desperate or they have they have a motive to want something from you. When you are when you have all the leverage, and you show humility and that you're humble, that you're just grateful for people, remember that, and then later when you don't have the leverage, those people will remember how you treated them, how you made them feel, and you'll be able to work with them, ye, or you'll be able to do something. And that's I mean, if you think, I mean we like this is all about like at the end of the day, it's all about what Blake was saying. It is like hyping people up, helping people, and that's what it is. It's like if you are a just like a genuine authentic person when you have leverage, then even after it's gone, people will still want to do things with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're back with another ad Strap up, boys, This one is about to get long, strenuous, and we might face a little adversity. But you won't face any of those things with Cross Country Mortgage because of how easy they make it. Cross Country Mortgage is much like us at barstool, a people first, group of people. They're dedicated, redundant to the fundamentals rewind. They're dedicated to the fundamentals of mortgage lending, which results in a fast, convenient, and less stressful home financing or refinancing experience. I feel like the face mask is.
Speaker 2: Hitting the mic.
Speaker 6: Rates are unbelievably low. Don't pay the bank more money than you need to. I can barely make rent, so I'm about to go to cross Country Mortgage. Our friends over at cross Country Mortgage make it super simple to figure out how much you can save a month, on a monthly basis and over the life of your load. The numbers can be staggering and you know how much you can save a wait, you don't know how much you can save unless you actually talk to an expert and figure it out. Click here swipe up to learn more about your refinance and connect with your team over at cross Country Mortgage. If you're a homeowner and haven't refinanced recently, you may be leaving thousands, if not tens of thousands. Heck, who knows, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table over the life of the loan. That could be working for you in other places like your new man cave, your back porch where you smoke cigars, will and don't invite people, or an investment home purchase if you want to become a real estate investor, or maybe or maybe you just have a boatload of cash in your pocket to go gamble on your favorite sports team. Rates are at an all time low and may never get to slow again. Call today for a fast, free rate quote. Our partners will save you a lot of money. Call today and our friends at cross Country Mortgage will give you a free home evaluation.
Speaker 2: That is free to you just for calling. It's free.
Speaker 6: Just like the all star athlete, cross Country Mortgage pushes themselves through entire through the entire lending process. If they get blocks, they figure out ways to get the ball over the line. Run left, baby, don't miss the window. As rates are expected to creep up, spootober, reach out to them and see what they can do for you, and when you connect with CrossCountry Mortgage, tell them Barstool sent you go to CrossCountry Mortgage dot com slash barstool to learn more about your future home buying experience or refinance your current mortgage.
Speaker 2: Will's good at this part.
Speaker 6: Cross Country Mortgage LLC and MLS three zero two nine all alone subject to underwriting approval ww dot, MLS Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode, Andrew Hawkins, like we interviewed him in one thing. One tip he gave.
Speaker 1: Everybody was like when he was in the league, he at the end of every year, he'd get about fifty jerseys and any meeting, any conversation he wanted to have, he would whether you had the meeting already or one of one, he would send him a jersey with a written note on it. So that was like a memorable thing. So that way he always had them in their network. Because it is like if you want to relate it to anybody, like anybody in life, as they're going through stuff, everybody negotiates, like at some point or another, we're always negotiating, and it's all about having some kind of leverage or having some kind of want to fill some need and in this finite amount of time as an athlete, as a student.
Speaker 2: Athlete, whatever, you have that limited time to use it as much as a tool as you can because you're trending this way.
Speaker 1: And then when it's over, you hope you've built a network or an audience the way they're explaining athletes or brands suit to where even as it goes down because you're done playing, you're still able to keep it.
Speaker 2: You know, the old hockey stick whatever, it's fucking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's it's it's scary, dude, like the whenever, like the last graph, the graph, real tough word, real.
Speaker 3: Tough rocky stick graph, whatever, graph.
Speaker 5: God damn it, Blake, you made me lose my train of thought here. But no, I was because then then when it's done, it it drops. If you have zero, if you have zero, it's like, uh, I think about it this way. It's like, it's scary. So you the last Bowl game happens, and it's it's so interesting whether you win the game or you lose the game. But uh, there is a ton of mixed emotions in the locker room. Everyone gets back in the locker room if you're a senior, right, so you're looking around, and there's some people that are crying because they're like, this is the last time they'll ever play the sport again. There's some people who like they know they're going to have a shot at the next level, so they're just kind of like it's just another playing with the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So it's just kind of like that. There is then there's some people who are uncertain. There's some people who are like, man, this was the coolest thing that's ever going to happen in my life. That's a sad thing to say, but there's some people that have that mentality, right because whether you were at Nebraska or freaking Ohio State or Clemson, I don't know, but like those things are definitely going through people's minds. And so then whatever that feeling is, because it's it's almost like a timetable. After that bowl game happens, after that day, it's almost it's on the decline, right. The lead up to the draft is kind of like everyone still has hope because free agency happens, you might get drafted.
Speaker 2: Ohough. The whole the whole thought is usual need to get in camp.
Speaker 4: Exactly, I just need to get in a camp and but it's just on this like slow, slight, like steady kind of decline and it's crazy. Then if you then run into people in the summer who nothing happened, it's like the leverage is completely gone, and that's when you want to be like, hey, but what else have you been doing to build your brand?
Speaker 2: Right? And even that person, you'll feel the energy from them too that nothing's gone.
Speaker 3: It's gone.
Speaker 1: And when you haven't built blossom and I talk about it, but when you haven't built like a Plan B, it's like that whole mindset. Don't ever have a Plan B because of deters from Plan A, Like i hate personally hate that advice, just because I've always thought about like what's going to come next? So that way, whenever you transition, there's something like you're just not you just don't have that energy about you, that nothing's happening, that you're at the peak.
Speaker 4: And yes, it's not going to be there anymore, Yes dude, it's you are sad to say, but like you can be in the nile right, Like you're like, well, if I if I'm planning for a Plan B, then that means I'm not one hundred percent in for plan A. But it's almost scared. You're you're almost too scared to admit to yourself that a plan B is A is a good decision.
Speaker 3: I just I guess I think that.
Speaker 2: You because you had to make that call.
Speaker 3: Well absolutely, I was building a Plan B, Plan C, Plan D. I'm like, yeah, I don't know what's going to happen, but yeah, I gotta be ready.
Speaker 2: When I was on.
Speaker 1: Dressed and I had my poaz thought. But when I got my first house, I said it. My signing bust was five thousand dollars being drafted. Guy, I remember putting in my account. I'm like to talk with my mom.
Speaker 2: She helps. We were like on the Stave Ramsey Kick.
Speaker 3: You go by a Bentley what you do?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm like, I got to make this last war.
Speaker 1: Yeahs, yeah, I got this for three months and I'm like thinking, like what the next that's going to be like thing?
Speaker 2: But anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I was gonna make fun of Audie for being a kicker. So yeah, the second he's never done that.
Speaker 2: He's never.
Speaker 4: If we're on if we're on a call together, he's bringing that up, and I'm like, dude, we've already talked to these people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because oh, I played in the NFL. Is like, no, you kicked in the NFL. That's the difference. And then he'll be like, oo, what's the NFL stand for? Not for long? And I'm like, I, dude, already came the joke a joke. I came w on this bus to tell those jokes to the world. Okay, that's just that's you're taking the right jokes are great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yo, I love seeing the authenticity from this too.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you having questions on that, Like, you guys have clearly been like best friends since the Links apartments. When we're at the Links and Blake can't come out and play video games with us because his girlfriend at the times pissed off at.
Speaker 2: Him, you know, he's like, yeah, he's like, you know, you know, but my girlfriend likes dude.
Speaker 3: I would have beasted you in Halo though. Yeah true, I know, yeah you're a weak but.
Speaker 1: But you guys being best friends this long, like navigating your partnership and growing this business together, like what growing pains has or been?
Speaker 2: Like what advice would you have? Like make it a two part question too, because I have.
Speaker 1: Like questions for any young listeners or athletes listening that have like these inklings of interest on how to start.
Speaker 2: But let's start there.
Speaker 3: Hey, I would say, like anyone that's listening now obviously knows you and Taylor in your dynamics, right, and I think that sometimes you guys are your goop balls one hundredercent of the time, right, But like it is obvious, and he gases you up every once, and I'll give you a comment like that you balance him out, like you're running the show, right and you get to both get on the mic, but he probably shows up and you're doing a lot of work, you know what I'm saying, Like in this in this relationship, like I'm more the tailor, right, like I get to show up. Audi is the like we are a complete like yin Yang. You know, Audi is an absolute operator. And I'm over on the whiteboard like thinking about god knows what, like some crazy ass ideas. Yeah, I'm doodling like exactly that my job is not drawing, not doing any work. Yeah, I really don't.
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm a senior in school and they're running heard that the first one they were alluding to earlier, the first business you guys, Wilt and uh. Blake is in my business law class, one of my business classes, and Blake is like the guest speaker, and he's doodling the entire time to explain it throughout his speech.
Speaker 2: He like speeches and doodles.
Speaker 4: That's like, no, man, we're It's a balance though, Yeah, for sure. I think the early the biggest misconception is that we're actually friends. Like I don't know why, No, it's I think we've had We've had ups and downs. I think we had early in our journey. We had two businesses that we were running when we were two years in the herd that when we started Open Doors and Blake being the visionary and me being the integrator. Right, the traction thing is like I know how to execute build teams in scale, and he knows how to take things from like blank sheet of paper to something right. And so we had like a two year journey where we were running separate companies. We were sort of in the same office, kind of partitioned, and then we lived together. So he would come home at night and he would try to brag to me and he's like, dude, I just closed you know a three hundred thousand dollars round or fund rains from friends and family, and I'd be like, yeah, man, but I closed one hundred thousand dollars contract. So I was like, making money is way harder than raising money, Okay, So chill like, yeah, you give me money, Yeah, make money create value.
Speaker 3: That's weird. You don't know anything about that. So so we would have this this competition took over revenue this quarter, and we were up one hundred and twenty percent of our audise numbers last quarter, so you.
Speaker 4: Know, and we know what he's competing. He's comparing those numbers to COVID last year. Dude, of course the numbers were down. Don't handicap me, bro Okay anyways, and you get like you.
Speaker 2: Got you got a lot of hype issue too.
Speaker 3: It's like being in ticket sales at the Titans, like yeah, dude, ticket sales are up this year. It's like, yeah, no one went there was the game last year. A lot more people in the games, the ticket sale guy, you know.
Speaker 4: And so I think, so I think that that to your journey where we were running separate businesses and uh, we we had like we both owned the business. So there was like it was mutually beneficial for us to succeed uh in in both areas. But then like when we came back and got to run openers together, like I got to use my strengths, Blake got to use his strengths, and we also got to see kind of like, hey, you're really good at those things and I'm really good at these things, and that's what we should do. So I think when when you can sort of understand and respect each other's strengths and then double down those things, that's when you can have a really good partnership or.
Speaker 3: A good like strength. Not everyone plays quarterback, right, yeah, like you got to have a kicker. Yeah, okay, when the kicker is making all the money. That's what's going on here.
Speaker 4: But we've had I mean we've had we've also I would say, I would also say we've had we've had our.
Speaker 2: Like give me, give me a.
Speaker 1: Give me a moment in time you guys are probably both thinking about and Neil Nog and where it was like rough sledding between your guys' partnership and friendship to where it's like hey, who's doing this? Like I you know, you had to navigate waters and learn about yourself to where it's like, Okay, now we're finding these strengths of each other, not like you were good at this over in your job.
Speaker 2: I'm good at this. We both figured it out down our way.
Speaker 4: Like I think it was like early on it was just so as I tell the story, it feels clean like it all happened like that, but it didn't. It was like we have to go through the learning pains of understanding that and then you reflect and you kind of look back at it. But like, I don't know if there was like a moment in time where I'm just like me and him, will we definitely do get in arguments right where.
Speaker 2: You know we see the bantering. I can see yeah, no.
Speaker 4: We do like, yeah, fun this, you know, we'll we'll have that. But I think that's what that's what's good about it. I think I always tell Blake the best times are when he is not in the weeds of the business right because he likes to come in and disrupt and the ideas are good, but like sometimes you need to let things kind of flow and you let need to trust the team. We'll kind of get there. And then same thing like sometimes he can come in and like it can actually help that department or that team, so it works really well. I'm just saying, like, here's what happens. Like I have like twenty ideas a day, right, and like I go in, dude, go yeah, I go do it all. This is a good one. And like I walk out of there and like I'm like.
Speaker 3: Dang, dude, I think already liked that idea, and like you can like look over your shoulder and he's just ripping up the paper. You know, He's like okay, because I'll forget about it by the time I walk out the door. That's right. That's that's what it is to like have a balance, you know, because every person how many people since you had your first recording of a podcast have started a podcast? Well it's how many, dude, millions? Yea, and they don't get to episode three, right because you got there's the difference between people who have things and people who want things or people who do things. You know what I'm saying, You are doing this. I remember when you called and said I'm gonna do a podcast, right, and I was like, hell, yeah, Like when you get it going, let me know, because like, dude, everyone now being founders, you're a founder, entrepreneur, like people probably coming with you all to odd, I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna do this, and like you check in out, I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: You do this.
Speaker 3: Like I'll tell you when our very first company, we were having beers over it. Remember right was it Turtle Creek, you know, all the turtle creaking Lincoln. And I'm over at Audi's and we're having a six pack and we're just you know, about to crush and go down O Street and Audie's like, yo, dude, going into senior year. He's sitting there, He's like, hey, man, I don't want to I don't want to work for anybody. Like what what should we do after I'm done playing ball?
Speaker 2: What should we do?
Speaker 3: Because we were always idea dudes, you know. And I'm like I don't know, man, I'm doing this like social media thing, like I was getting paid to tweet for a company, you know, like that was my job as an intern. And I was like I don't think I would do so not just for this one company, but for everybody. And like we started bullshit and going back and forth and like we just finished the six go down to the rail and forget the night. Right the next morning, I wake up groggy, and I checked my email and box and Audio sent me a one page business plan. He said, let's do it. That's why we started. Heard at if if if he doesn't exist, that's an idea. That's that's a six pack and the night on O Street and just and a rager at the rail. You're probably there, shirt off back of the club. Yeah, man, guy, you would on the side, you would, you would.
Speaker 4: I am fully convinced that COVID started in the back of the rail like somewhere somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: Just not not not a good place.
Speaker 7: Shout out Georgia Boot, the world's most comfortable boot. Georgia Butt is America's hardest working boot. For eighty years, George has been making boots that work as hard as you. These boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort.
Speaker 8: I gotta be honest, it is the first time we put these boots on.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you that's comfort.
Speaker 7: Whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, or grilling out with your friends, these boots won't sacrifice comfort or style. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, loggers around, whether you need a waterproof boot, still toed boots, soft toe, square toe, met guard, non punks or shink non slip soul.
Speaker 8: They've got it.
Speaker 7: Head over to Georgiaboot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off.
Speaker 8: Back to the episode, Shout out Georgia Boot.
Speaker 3: Shout out Georgia Boot.
Speaker 1: I remember because Blake he has he's always been an idea man, and he's always wanted to do the entrepreneur rout and everything, and so I'm always like, I'm around these dudes a lot. So I'm I'm low key with my like young spirit as well, like always asking like hey, like.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? And he's talking about I remember when you brought up Twitter diaries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my Twitter diary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you thought it was going to be a hitter too, A dude, You're like, you know, people could look back at their tweets like he's had idea like you do.
Speaker 3: You're like aary my Twitter diary dot com. I can't get access to the domain, but basically take your tweets and turn into a hard copy book, put it on your coffee table.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: He was actually gonna do that fourteen ninety nine, my Twitter diary dot com, Uh just getting no shots. Yeah, don't go there, it's broken. Yeah, but no, that's what you Everyone has ideas. Man, you got to go do it. You gotta go do it. And like right now we're sitting here, like we have sixty nine employees at Openers sixty nine and those are people like that their livelihood depends on like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good number. We're not hiring any same. Well, no, I'm just I'm just saying what he's saying. It's yeah, yeah, I would say, well, because so the way I think about it is like most like great businesses, like the idea initially sounds dumb at first.
Speaker 3: It just always how it is. Right, So, whether it's my Twitter diary or or when we.
Speaker 2: Were bussing with the boys, felt dumb as ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that, but then it becomes really trendy. Like when we first started our company, I don't think we were ever saying, oh, we want to be entrepreneur. I don't think that the word entrepreneur was like a thing back then. It was like we're going to try to solve a problem. Yeah, and we're gonna run, We're gonna build a business exactly. Then you get another one, and then entrepreneurship as a word became trendy. Everybody wants to be an entrepreneur, right, same thing, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: That that made it made everyone like, oh man, I'm just going to go in there, and you know, mister wonderful isn't give me all this money? Yeah, Like dude, what are you talking about? Right? Same thing with podcasts. I think podcasts are super trendy right now.
Speaker 4: Everybody wants to start a podcast, but to actually have an operation to create true like engagement entertainment, the business model behind it, like the licensing the merchandise, like that takes actual skill set and effort and strategy and planning. That's the whole thing that place is talking about. Like you have to go actually do it. But when we were starting, we're like, hey, let's just solve a problem. Yeah, and see how many people have that problem? Is anyone?
Speaker 3: Is anyone else doing anything about it already? And like like how can we get it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What for you guys?
Speaker 1: Like getting stuff going and off the floor, Like for people out there that like have ideas and they want to learn about like growing business like me in particular, like you guys have both mentored me Audi more so than like.
Speaker 5: For you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't, dude, bro, you always give me good ideas. But it is true the way you guys, the way you guys do talk about your dynamic in the office is like I feel like the dynamic of mentoring I get as well, Like we have ideas and if I need to go to like execute and put operating stuff into plays always.
Speaker 3: If you want to actually make real money and like scale things, you come to me. If you want to get distracted teachings of Will I turn on television on Sundays and I say, taught him everything.
Speaker 2: He knows he does. He tries to ride that all the time.
Speaker 3: Well it's true, man, you're on the bench most of the time.
Speaker 2: Do you have that one photo? Mean on the bench?
Speaker 3: Hyeah, give that one photo? Man, I was really good at standing on the sidelines too. Taught you everything you know with.
Speaker 1: With uh starting getting all this stuff off the ground, like outside of schooling and education. Like me, a lot of my stuff that I get is through books or through like mentoring, like you guys, like asking people who are doing things that I would like to do or pick their brain? Like what types of uh tips or advice do you have for people like that? Like where did you figure out a lot of this operating stuff? Is it always through school or is there books? Is there philosophy? Like what are some of the learnings that you've had?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I think first you need to figure out whatever, what's your like learning vehicle?
Speaker 4: How do you learn? And what I mean by that is like do you learn by reading books? Do you learn by talking to people? Do you learn by doing? Do you learn by watching?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: So once you figure that out, because some people are like, oh, well, I'm just gonna go read a bunch of books, I'm like, well, what do you do with that information?
Speaker 3: Are you able to actually apply it or whatnot?
Speaker 4: Like I my most exciting times and still to this day, is when we set very ambitious, aggressive goals for a quarter where I'm asked to do something that we've literally never done before, because I get to go through my learning process, which is I'll go dive in on a let's say we want to build a certain strategy that we've literally never done before. I like to go and read a bunch of material on that thing, and I might buy two or three books. I'm not going to read them from front to back, but just pattern matching that stuff, applying it, getting the right people to buy in.
Speaker 3: Like I just enjoy that experience.
Speaker 4: And it's been like that, like even in the early days when we're like, hey, we don't have a we don't have an HR process, when we get like five employees, or hey we need to we need to go fire somebody. And for me, I'm like, Okay, well I want to do it the right way. I want to be prepared so I can execute this the right way, so then I'll go through that process.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean no, I'm just saying, like, like today we're flying in Nashville and I asked all you a question, like and he pulls out a book that like looks like an old tattered like Bible, you know, and he's got writing in the columns, he's got highlighted, he's got posted notes in it, and like this dude ingests information, stores it and can pull it up like a like a you know, encyclopedia, like a Wikipedia page like and but he learns from reading and applying and then applying, you know.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you were talking about pattern matching. What do you mean by pattern matching.
Speaker 4: It's it's like you're not supposed to For example, like if you want to become really good at investing, you're not going to go read a bunch of investment books because they're just going to have like principles. It's like just being back in school again. It's better for you to look at case studies of people that have done great investments, or companies that have gone through some or historical things that are maybe super niche or a specific subject like I don't know history on a certain vertical. That's way better than to go and just try to learn the fundamentals, because that's just that's so educational. That doesn't So when I say pattern matching, I'm like, okay, we as a company right now, we have seventy employees and we sixty nine employees.
Speaker 3: He loves that.
Speaker 4: He said we shouldn't hire anybody for a while, so we have sixty nine employees. I'm like, are you five years old or what? But anyways, so then I'm like, okay, I'll look at like where do we want to be, right, I'll look at where where do we want to be as a company? And then I will go and find and and talk sometimes to certain people who have literally gone through that process and done it before. So I just have validation in my thinking and I have way more confidence in all the decisions that we make.
Speaker 1: Like you're basically like a quote that you've actually told me two success leaves clues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you're just finding a blue that's right, and then you just have matching the.
Speaker 3: Pattern absolutely, and you have your own spin to it and whatnot.
Speaker 4: But like, imagine every choice that you make, the more confident that you can be in it, that you have the self assurance, you're like way more decisive. That's speed, dude, because then you don't you're not hesitating like, oh, I don't know if we should do this. It's like it's all about speed, dude, And especially for us, like right now, it's like you should choose speed over efficiency in the face of uncertainty. And that's literally what we're going through, which is like we got to go really fast. We want to win the market. We feel like we're a leader and we want to own that, and so we don't really have time to be like, well, what if it doesn't work, or maybe we shouldn't do this it's about going.
Speaker 3: To town for a perspective. Well, the first two months of July, we have tripled the amount of business in one of our products than all of last year in the first two weeks of this month. Like I'm telling like that's insane, right, Like I'm into Like a year ago, there was fifteen thousand athletes that use Now there's fifty thousand. Were you go, dude, I love that? Man ya well god damn yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Me too, Well, yeah, you will just retaining the information And that's his reaction, mouth open fuck dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like that's that's the real deal. Hey, you know me, Like we hired twenty seven Audi hired fifteen people in the last like sixty days, fifteen people. We got to hire eight more in the next thirty, right, and and like that that is all. That's a lot, right, Like you think about that's a person. That's the life they get to get them to commit believe, breathe like and and like that's the type Like you move fast sometimes because market opportunities are market opportunities, and like we have a chance to help every athlete right now, that's what we do, you know, And you talk about learning behavior like, how do I want to Can I get my fair shake?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, cool. Nod's talking about he's a philosopher. It's like a LinkedIn advertisement.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah he is alier. Dude, I love that that's a philosophier. Let's go geb Is. I don't know how you learn, Blake, Well, once you walk. I went through that because I know I'm.
Speaker 2: Maybe he would benefit audio benefit.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna start talking and then I'll find my way to how I learned. Yeah. Yeah, I would say, like, will.
Speaker 2: Do you have a book?
Speaker 3: Like have you written a book?
Speaker 2: I read a book?
Speaker 3: You have not written a book?
Speaker 2: Written a book?
Speaker 3: No, but you know you've learned a thing or two, right, and so like one of the things is if you think about your favorite people that have taught you so much, like have they written a book?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: They have the favorite people who've taught me stuff like the thing about has has It's like I'm sitting here read Compton the second written a book.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, but you've learned a lot from that man, right, Like what I'm trying to say here, yeah, right, And that would be the top seller.
Speaker 2: Yeh, bous on the process.
Speaker 3: Compete every day, dude, That's that's the myma.
Speaker 6: Nos.
Speaker 2: You open it up and it's focused on the process.
Speaker 3: And like a hundred slides of the same thing, same thing. No, But I like, so what I'm trying to say is that there's there's a lot of things that I learned from people. Right, I want to go find another founder that has been in a similar situation where like maybe they're running low on cash, they got a big market opportunity, They're head of marketing is about to quit, and they got to get a you know, five new people to come in and try and fill his position, right, And like, I don't know where you find that in a book, but if you go and like talk to five founders, like they're gonna three of them are going to have a situation that was at least similar, like you know, and and most people have a similar experience. If you like, strip away the industry, strip away the actual problems, and just say, hey, here's the emotion I'm feeling. Have you felt that emotion? Tell me about the time in which you felt that emotion. How did you get through it? You know, because another part of this business stuff is like, yeah, there's exce's and no's, but there's the like the Johnny's and Joe's. Right, that's that would be in's book too, right.
Speaker 2: No solid, you should just stood on it.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, but I'll take it. But there are there's those things that a lot of building a business or building anything is it's deeply emotional, right, like it is you're invested in this thing. It's a part of you. So you can go talk to people that can tell you how they felt when they went through something similar. Then you can extract like that too, because a lot of it is like just reassurance like am I doing like? Am I doing this right?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Am I am I think in the right way? Like are we treating people the right way? And like at least you can learn from other people's experience, which maybe you just can't extract that from a book, right, So you.
Speaker 1: Do a good job of navigating finding the right people have probably been through a similar.
Speaker 3: Exp I love talking about you, look up to you. Yeah, I love about man, and I audio knows that dude. I'll get on a call with somebody like and they're just just like one little tidbit saying oh, man, did you know what this dude did, Like he sold his company for twenty million, you know, and and here's what he did when they were in this situation. And like, dang, that's crazy because that dude's never going to write a book and put that story in there. But now I have that story that can like inspire me to try something like that too.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I learned it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like also like the things that we really care about. Like so for me, for example, we talked about hiring. So I think that building a team is more of an art than a science.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But somebody who doesn't really care about hiring or recruiting, which is a very difficult thing to do, right, Like you building a team, this is a very hard thing to do. These guys have to they have to give a shit. They have to have ownership mentality. They have to show up when you're not here, They have to set things up, they have to care about what you guys are trying to build for it to look and feel and turn out great, that has to be the right team. And for me, that is an art, Like I can get on an interview Blake, Blake will be part of interviews with some people and he'll like, yeah, that person was great.
Speaker 3: I'm like no, like because to me, it's more of an art.
Speaker 4: I'm literally interpreting everything that's going on, how they're answering certain questions, how they showed up, like what they said their background was. And that's because it's something that I care about.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: There might be some other things that are a little bit more of a science where it is more about the principles or sort of the rules around and whatnot, But like, you are definitely more of a anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like hell yeah, there's a five star you know. It's like that guy, he's a walk on you, but you wanted to work here, you know, Like the vision like he sees it like higher him. He's like he wants to wear that in on his Yeah yeah yeah, that's like yeah, you know for sure like that is. But to me, I that's what that's the balance though, you know, because for me, anybody that believes in a second, like in the Vision, I'm like, get on board, do let's go. You know, I want to win the game. Well that's what I'm saying, Like, you gotta you gotta build a team. Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for you, what's winning the game?
Speaker 3: Uh well, so I think about building a team, and for him, like what's winning the game? Yeah that's a cool question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he said that. I'm just saying I was.
Speaker 4: I was more talking about in context of like building a team. But if you asked me what went in, that's that is a deep question.
Speaker 1: I know. We we'll say, we'll sit back and talk about this ship all the time. All of us will just kind of sit around because you just have different angles.
Speaker 3: Like what's the game for you the most?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. I don't know fully yet.
Speaker 1: Like for me, it's all in like it's broken up, right, it's just broken up into different priorities. I feel like winning the game for me right now career wise, like I'm currently getting to do that. And I guess seeing this through and I guess what's seeing it through means to me is I don't know, Because every every year, probably every six months, we might see another level of potential. We're starting to get into our tap into that we had no idea, that we had really no idea that it was coming. And so then you fall in love with something different that's going on with it. Man, that's such a good question, dude, it is.
Speaker 4: It's a great question because it's hard to answer because I think if you are way too set in what your answer is, I don't know if you're trying hard enough.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right, because you feel like, oh, I won't know.
Speaker 4: You want it to be fluid, Like you know any entrepreneur that's or let's say you're running a business and you're like, oh, the end game is, don't want to sell this company. I'm like, dude, you're not going to succeed. I'm sorry, right, because you're already thinking about an exit, right, and there might be a time where you should think about that, but like you'll know when it's the right time to think about that. But like, if you start something with an exit in mind, how are you supposed to actually make that thing great?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: But here's right thing, hey yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite things is all advice is autobiographical. You're just talking to yourself in the past, because like somebody's listening.
Speaker 2: Like no, I started to slow down.
Speaker 3: Autobiographic, Like all advice is autobiographicals and like you're just talking to yourself in the past, Like, if you ask me for advice, I'm all I can do is reflect on my life, right, And it's as if I'm looking at myself in the past and myself asked me the same question, Like I'm just talking to myself. Anyone you ever ask for advice in the life, they're just talking to themselves, right, and they're just trying to find something familiar. And if you're asking for advice from somebody that's never been in your position, like why are you asking them for advice anyways? Right, So all advice is autobiographical. So somebody's listening, it's like you, no, I started a company with the goal to sell it, and they sold it, right, And that person is always going to say, yeah, hey, if you start something without a goal sell it, then what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Like what we get to talk about and our our journeys is we're in the middle of it, you know, and we'll be able to say what success is are the way to success will be in our eyes what we did right, But there's never the same path to the same outcome. And I just I just think about that sometimes because like I know that you and I just you set a big hairy, audacious goal. Right, you say you want to help every athlete, And I was like, so, what's what's success for you guys? You know it's like we'll have has have we literally helped every athlete like has has every athlete in the planet downloaded open doors and used this tool? Oh no, there's another one. Okay, not there yet, right, So like it's just like the pursuit of an impossible goal is ultimately gonna Like that is to me that what this journey is, like whatrepreneurship is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think too, like the identity you build like in it, like all the principles and stuff you've talked about, Like even if that goal doesn't hit. So say my goal is you know, ten years in the NFL, and I don't get ten years in the NFL, it's like, well you lost the game.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I mean I'm still in the game. Like that's just the game has changed for me.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. I feel like whatever you build from the inside, like going and working inside out, like all the why stuff, all the cliche why stuff that we talk about, like who you are I guess as a person, like you just filtered to a different game every time.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the fucking end game is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't think I don't think you need to have one. Man.
Speaker 4: I think life should be more fluid, it should be just kind of you should enjoy it. You should strive for big things. You should surround yourself with great people and actually like and with family and enjoy life and enjoy the journey. I don't think you need to have an end goal. And maybe one day you wake up or you have one, and that's great, good for you. It's like, that's that's maybe what the disclaimer, right. It's like we're all like we're all sharing things about like what we have experienced or maybe heard from other people that have been appealing. When they share them with us, I'm like, oh that's cool. You know, like I'll I'll have someone tell me a story, I will change my mind about something. I'm like, okay, I'm like, oh great, that's I'm not There's there's nothing that I'm completely set on.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people will have convictions or whether it's like a political view or religion or I don't know, whatever it is, and I'm like, damn, you're that's set on that.
Speaker 3: Give us examples.
Speaker 6: What are you.
Speaker 3: That's craziest religious thought? Some clips really hurt you. No, that's could you say some things we could blackmail you? Yeah yeah, yeah, so that's that is.
Speaker 4: I think that's a We should all have a disclaimer under everything we say or recommend, and it I mean that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, yeah. You said, like, I'm just trying to win the game.
Speaker 1: Obviously you were talking about it from the art standpoint of hiring somebody in the process that you're seeing through because it's team building.
Speaker 2: What is what is winning the game mean to you? And yeah, then you threw it at me and I had no fucking clue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, oh, yeah, got him, hey, let me Yeah, there you go. It's realistic.
Speaker 1: A way.
Speaker 2: Yeah it man, that's that's your book you've been trying to get me on. Yeah, that's the book. We've been giving him some love.
Speaker 1: Tim Grover winning the book winning because it's like when we're twenty three, Like when I'm twenty three, to.
Speaker 2: Me, winning is like playing in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if I knew I wasn't going to be like a high rounder, it's like, oh, let me just get a couple of years in the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, and that's like winning the game.
Speaker 3: But like you no, it's not.
Speaker 2: I think that like the.
Speaker 3: Pursuit of some of those things, like you know, you're the same, like how much is enough? And the answers are just a little bit more, you know what I'm saying, Like the answer like when you have that next thing, you want that next thing, and so like it's a you spend so much time chasing something you don't realize like when you have it because you keep going. Right, Like again, we've raised twenty million dollars for this company, right, and I remember when we first raised our first like somebody wrote a twenty thousand oars check. I'm like, god dang, And I met I met at another founder that had raised twenty million dollars. I'm like, good lord, Like we just got it all figured out, you know, figured it out, all figured out. Then you're sitting there with twenty million and you're like looking at the dude, thiss got two hundred and you're like, to just got it all figured out. Then you eventually realize it nobody hasn't figured out. Man, I go then never goes like this has just helped solve one more problem, one more day, one more person, and like have fun.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 8: Shout out Showtime pay per View?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Or do I even say that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, You're right, keep going, You got it?
Speaker 8: But it says Showtime pay per View and most Value Promotion, right.
Speaker 2: You gotta say both? Okay?
Speaker 7: Shout out Showtime, Showtime pay per View and Most Valuable Promotions Presents Jake Paul First Tyron Woodley five fight pay per view event and Jake Paul's hometown of Cleveland, Ohio professional boxing card will take place Sunday, August twenty ninth. The Action Pack Paper view telecast will be produced and distributed by Showtime pay per View, beginning live at a special time of eight pm Eastern Time and five pm Pacific. The Barstool Sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of Jake Paul versus Tyson Woodley. Yeah whatever, Tyron Woodley and we'll have tons of ways to bet to bet Fight Night, along with special boost odds and featured bets.
Speaker 8: The main event will feature renowned is that right?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 7: The main event will feature renowned content creator and undefeated pro boxer Jake the Problem child Paul and former UFC champion Tyron The Chosen One Woodley. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at Rocket Mortgage, Fieldhouse dot Com. Event is also available via all major cable, satellite, and teleco pay per view providers for fifty nine to ninety nine. Back to the episode, Yeah, enjoy your own ship on the Deep podcast, man, Yeah, the listener is gonna be like, all right, we're our twenty startup podcast or bust and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm stoked to finally be an investor now.
Speaker 3: Yes, dude, Yeah, welcome aboard.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're thinking about names.
Speaker 2: I said that with a little friction. Oh Rea, I've always I've always tried getting in.
Speaker 3: I know you you've the time deserved to get in and said, I've.
Speaker 1: Been a guinea pig, Like you've tried making content for me. Hey, let's do this, okay, Like when do I get to get in?
Speaker 2: Like you know you don't want to get in this.
Speaker 3: Guzzy Yeah no, no, no, Hey, hey, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: You know you don't want to get in this dang doggy And I'm just like, all right, I guess we can't have a serious coming Doggy Yeah, that's the way to handle like this. It just starts getting Yeah, Doggy, you don't want to get in this thang bag. Really, you know the an emoji thing on iPhone. Will would only send me videos him as the Dinosaur and like, Doggy.
Speaker 3: Can I put money in? I'm like, dude, yeah, this is the type of investor. Yea the Dinosaur man, No, I do. So you're in. You're an angel investor like William Earle Compton, the third and angel in my life. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It sounds nice.
Speaker 3: It is, dude, it is nice, But like the reality is, like, hey, when you went to the league, you you said, hey, that five thousand dollars got a stretch? Like I have never ever wanted to take money out of your pocket, you know what I'm saying, Like, I always want to put it in right and and like that's the thing is that.
Speaker 2: You never did.
Speaker 3: But I know, I know you're here.
Speaker 1: Are these guys are gonna start paying me for the tweets?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We are now, Yeah I get some money.
Speaker 3: No, But the truth is that you know, these athletes they go through and they get to that next level, they get that first paycheck and like oh man, you should open up a subway franchise all clothing line time, Like everyone's trying to get in their pockets and like hey, yeah, let's do that, let's do that, let's do that, and like none that stuff pans out right, So like I never felt comfortable saying like, hey, yeah, we should take in like money from athletes that we know that our entire mission is to help you, right, But what I know to be true is that your investment open doors is gonna pay dividends, Like you're gonna it's gonna be worth it, like we but we have validated and works. Like there's a lot of people that right now just heard about open doors for the first time. O P E N D O R s E dot com open Doors. Okay, you're gonna hear for the first time right now, and you're like, oh, that's a great idea, you know, and it's gonna be like, oh, it's a it's an overnight success. We've been doing this for ten years, dude, We've been doing this for ten years. And like anybody that says that this is easy and it happened fast like that, they're wrong, right, But now we have valid enough it's like, yeah, you can give us some of your money because I'm gonna get you a twenty x thirty x fifty x return.
Speaker 2: Let's fucking go, let's code.
Speaker 3: Let's go there, especially once you get that little intro video of you explaining how to how open doorse works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do need to meet make like a piece of cool content like how it works, like if there's a way to like walk through and all you got to do, We'll just saying but I'm saying visually too, like you like you go something, Hey, We'll make something cool, something cool.
Speaker 3: If you don't, I mean, hey, like real quick, how are we doing on time? Like I know that that's not my job to do any of this ship, but are we good?
Speaker 2: Like you guys, I mean we're he's just talking about time like on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to make sure like if you want to get stories out, like we've we've talked like super hypothetical stuff, right, There's not been many tangible stories about anything in this podcast. Yeah, I mean I'm sorry, Like I'm just like, yeah, I just know what people listen to, Like I would listen to us talk about hypotheticals of this and I don't know. I just know that there's stories to be told too. All right, Cool, that's the blood flowing down. I'll get it, dude, I get it. I'm just like a good filter. Yeah, I mean, this is what you do.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So I'm on my front like, sorry, show, but it's obvious that be.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, what do you know? It's the boy. Somebody said something? Uh Alex said urgent? Something urgent.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll respond after Yeah, yeah we got flag for that bullshit.
Speaker 2: I'll telling about it earlier.
Speaker 3: What I don't want to yeah yeah, yeah, on he explain. Please let's add more content to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you guys have anything like you you guys, I mean, if you guys have any questions, whether it's a story or just anything that we've all talked about or they've all talked about.
Speaker 6: Deal you've seen for an athlete so far, Like what's the most amount of money a college kid has made?
Speaker 3: Or do you think what do you think?
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to say that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't talk about like specifics.
Speaker 2: Can you we just say player X?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to just bag what is a college player made? And you just say, like like something that's been crazy?
Speaker 3: We can talk in aggregates, We can talk about.
Speaker 2: You guys been doing a lot of Bullshiti word.
Speaker 5: You should just have a dictionary right next to you. And just like we can talk about aggregates. Hey, fuck you man, don't talk about aggreg Yeah, this is Tennessee. Man, we don't say that, you.
Speaker 2: Racist motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Jesus. But so, so what is here's the thing, Like most people, I'm we're knee deep in athlete endorsements to this sort of thing. You give us something, all right, all right, there's Hey, there's a gymnast. There's a gymnast for L s U. Her name's Olivia Dunn. She's got seven figures lined up already in endorsement deals. A gymnast at L s U. Right, So, like everyone listens like, oh, it's got to be Spencer Rattler bringing home the cash, right, It's gonna be Derek King making that money. Like the truth is that the the athletes that are making the most right now are content creators to talkers, YouTubers that just got to flip the switch and they're making money right now, right because you know, the the dude that's gonna get paid, you know, to sell a shirt for twenty bucks. Maybe do an autograph for a one hundred bucks, Like that's gonna stack up and rack up and be impactful. Right, But oh, for sure, the people that want to listen, like who's making seven figures. It's a gymnast at LSU that's got four million followers on TikTok. It's the Haley and Hannah Cavender at Fresno State that are that you have thousands of YouTube subscribers and three million TikTok followers, Like those are the athletes that are winning, you know. And that's the coolest thing is that these people you don't even know about it, but that those are the and and for them there's not like a pro like this is their moment to make that money and they're doing that. That's the cool part of an ile. Yeah, especially people with people always.
Speaker 1: Be curious about like the big like who's going to be making like the seven figures of six figures of you know, shit like that. Yeah, but people don't understand, like you were saying it earlier, like I mean, two hundred bucks a month goes a long way, which imagine getting there, like, yes, we are on full right scholarships and people make that argument, oh, you get a full ride, you get the you know, you get college paid for. We're busting our ass doing this, like you should be grateful, blah blah blah, like we get our scholarship check.
Speaker 2: It was around what when I was a senior, is around eight hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seven and eighty dollars, And that was to pay rent, pay for rent as like after I pay for rent, utilities, phone, rent, car insurance. I remember I would have like one hundred maybe one hundred, one hundred, twenty bucks left a month, so I needed twenty bucks to go downtown because you know, you knew everybody, right, so so like that was that's that was what you did. But like I think that the Schollie checks now are like sixteen hundred or even more.
Speaker 3: But it's like but the secret thing though, like that again, I swear if you weren't a student athlete like this stuff won't you'd be like, okay, I never thought about that, but remember that subway over by home depot, like where that you could go and like everyone knew like if you said the right word, like you know, you might be able to get that five dollars foot long for a little bit less right, and this is a hypothetical, Like Taylor the Wan was telling me a story of Michigan. Look at Michigan. What's true now is like for the last two weeks, for the first time ever, like you've been able to take the burrito from Chipotle when the dude's like, hey, you're a baller, like burritos on me, because like, no, you got to do something though, like you have to do something. It's got you. You can't just take it because that's that's you have to have an inn ilativity. So like kids are doing like, oh, it's an appearance, Like I made an appearance at Chipotle and I got an eight dollar burrito, and like that's all good. Or they'll tweet out about Chipotle like Titus roller in town like on O Street, you know whatever, and but that that is what's happening, And that's the stuff that's like people, it's not gonna make headlines that some do got an eight dollars burrito for free, But for the like history of the NCA, you've never been able to right, just to have the option is pretty dang cool. And again it's not going to break headlines. But that's the type of stuff that I'm excited about. But we got to get some busting ambassadors, dude, like I think that we should. Right now, I'm gonna make you commit how much how much are you going to put towards building out the Busting with the Boys teams? Like, we need some busting athletes?
Speaker 2: You talking about how much right now?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Easy, man, No, let's talk about how many how what?
Speaker 2: Hey? Decision like this takes time?
Speaker 3: No, it's doesn't. It takes right now, not money. Let's talk about what describe the perfect ambassador for Busting with the Boys. You go out and build out the team, the squad, You're like, yeah, those are all busting athletes. What do they tell me? What they look like?
Speaker 2: The obviously somebody for the boys?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, grid grit, the grid buddy, Yeah, lunch pale, guys like wolves, people who are about like being for the boys, that embodies being for the boys. It's not like you want people who are going to post, who are going to be afraid to get in an interview, say we're all in a group at right, or say we're talking back and forth and say hey, this week, if you win, very barring that you win the game and you feel good about it. Just shout out the boys and say, hey, subscribe to the boys and ray five stars, you know what I mean? Or or you know, obviously you got stuff that we can give is up in the air. But the ideal person I think Taylor and I immediately think of our alma maters, like, how do you take care of those guys and get them on the train and get them on a train.
Speaker 2: In a way to where they're not nervous about being for the boys. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know what I mean, that makes sense. You want a lot you're trying.
Speaker 2: To have I don't know where we're trying to figure that out.
Speaker 3: You trying to get like ten boys, see like yeah.
Speaker 1: There's there's there's thoughts where you get like a small group or you think, like Taylor being at the the level he's at playing football, being a pro bowler, being at the high peak of being an offensive lineman. A lot of these young kids, especially in college, you know who Taylor want is so they want to be for the boys somehow, Like.
Speaker 2: Hey, how can you be it?
Speaker 1: So you don't know, like you know, you create this hogs like you create anything, the big boy, any of.
Speaker 2: That's the big nasties whatever it is. Yeah, and you think about that avenue.
Speaker 1: You think about, okay, if I worked with a certain amount of linebackers, whether it be in a mentoring avenue. Like, there's so many different options that have gone through my head. I don't necessarily know what that is yet, but I know like a lot of the athletes have already reached out to us, like how do we be for the boys, And so those are obviously the types of guys who want people who are taking initiative that know what's gonna come with, like they already know about how we go.
Speaker 2: About things, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, of course, So you said one hundred grand that's what you said. Did I think I heard that too hard too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think that So Busting with the Boys is gonna commit two hundred g's to building out the busting with the boys. And this is from Wills like personal cat. Wow, your personal cat. You guys heard, See how that looks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see here.
Speaker 1: First, it does fire me up, like part of you guys visiting was we're gonna be talking about those thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we should do that for sure tonight.
Speaker 2: Man. It fires me up though, But that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I think it's not about the money. I'm not talking.
Speaker 2: About the money part.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about how you go about doing something like that with a brand that we have, Like do you want to be selective and exclusive in things or do you want to be like you know, Dave puts out the video and every athlete period you know, wants to put barsel athlete as long as they get some merch which is incredible branding, which.
Speaker 3: Is a great interesting Yeah, but there's a lot of compliance issues with that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big stuff like what you know about we won't get into because we you know, it's been an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just thought you would skip over some of the stuff already was talking about and we just keep going. I thought I had a friend at the start of this podcast. I clearly don't. So you friends in my life.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Okay, what complaint compliance issues do you run into with all that?
Speaker 3: I like teaching kids that if you didn't you bum that. Yeah, let's have a foot that's.
Speaker 1: Just making a huge fucking body moving back there.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, let's talk about the history of Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you want to hire and fire our people? Sure? Get rid of Garrett. Yeah, okay, sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 3: No you no, it's good dude.
Speaker 2: But open doors dot com here's your drop your look.
Speaker 3: This is like anyone listening. Like you can log into open or stuck comcreene account. You could find whatever athlete you want and ask them to do whatever you want for whatever amount of money and it will will go straight to their phone. Like you want them to tweet about your your your small business. You want them to give you a shout out like it's it's like Cameo meets five plus. Just asking an athlete directly, Hey do you want to support my business or say happy birthdays my kid? Like open doors, It just makes athletes more excit to the people that support them, Like it's super easy and uh yeah, so do that, Like just do it and you're you were gonna will confidence on there.
Speaker 1: You can just do your thing. Don't bring don't bring this back to me. Open doors dot com. Follow at open doors your Twitter handle.
Speaker 3: Blake Underscore Lawrence, Yeah your Twitter U n A L.
Speaker 2: I see follow the boys. We love you, We appreciate you. Big hugs, Sidy kisses.
Speaker 1: You can get our merchant Barstools sports dot com slash Store subscribing rate five stars, pound the Like button sh