Speaker 1: What's up, mister?
Speaker 2: Getto what's up? Man? What's your name? My name is Weston Western? What's going on? Western? How's life?
Speaker 3: Well? I live on a farm and I was just spraying the field and then I ran over a log that was hidden in the weeds and it went through my tire.
Speaker 2: Oh no, is that bad? Right?
Speaker 3: So now i'm here, Yeah, that's really bad. That means I need a new tire.
Speaker 2: How is working on a farm?
Speaker 3: Oh it's awesome. I love it. It's I would I would not want to live any other way. I'm actually uh in college right now and I'm studying mechanical engineering. But I really just want to end up back on the farm.
Speaker 2: Cool. Man's just like your parents farm? Or whose farm is this?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, so, so I'm a fifth generational farmer.
Speaker 2: Woh yeah, So when was the land that you're farming on first, like cultivated or whatever.
Speaker 3: So both of my grandparents grew up in a town about an hour away from us, and then both of them moved out to where I live now, and then my parents met each other, you know that kind of stuff. But so they actually it was all trees like a forest, and we cleared it out with big machines and made it turned it into farmlands.
Speaker 2: WHOA, what do you grow?
Speaker 3: So we grow cotton. So we have about ten tractors and then two big cotton harvesters, and they once the cotton has grown and it's all white, we run these big machines over it and it'll it'll tick off the white fluff off of the the little stop and then it turns into this massive bale of cotton. And then we stack those bales and sets of four, and then trucks will come and pick it up and take it to what we call it a gin, and the gin will divide the fibers and the seats, and then that's how you get your shirts and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about I ask what what what are they? What are they using cotton for? These days? I feel like shirts are made out of all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, a lot of China stuff. But man, I really couldn't tell you. Probably cotton ball, maybe.
Speaker 2: We do they do we need? Do we use a lot of cotton balls these days?
Speaker 3: I've used probably three in the past couple of years. Three cotton balls.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, man, I'm just look, I'm no farmer. But I'm just saying, like, I feel like you could be doing so much more profitable crops out there, like cotton. That sounds that's a very like seventeen hundred's eighteen hundred stass crop, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean out here it's really dry. It's like a desert. So cotton is actually the most profitable crop we can grow.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: Really, which is crazy. Yeah, because like my dad loves to plant corn because like the wind will knock it over and the next day it's standing up again, like it's it's like indistructble, but we don't have the water for it, so we have to do cotton. Isn't that isn't that kind of weird?
Speaker 2: I'm still like, I I guess, yeah, I mean shirts, but like what what else? Like what who's buying all this cot Like who's the cotton ball company buying all the cotton?
Speaker 3: I have no idea somebody if somebody's buying our cotton, So we keep going. But I mean it's a it's a really really good industry. And the thing about it is it's really hard for somebody who didn't grow up grow up on a farm to start farming. But like in my shoes, I'm almost twenty years old and I've had nineteen years of teaching and learning and all this stuff. So like I'm so far ahead of somebody who would just like want to start coming from the city. You say so, and I just I really, I really do enjoy it, just like the lifestyle, Like I really want to have a family, grow up on a farm. You get that country lifestyle, which there's nothing wrong with like growing up in a city. But you know, like last weekend, my me and my friends got together and have you ever heard of tannerite?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: All right. So it's like a it's like these little white white beads or like bebies, and then and you mix it together and you shoot it with a gun and it flows. So we stack a bunch of fridges, old fridges on each other and put like forty pounds of this stuff under there, and we get like half a mile away and we shoot it and it just blows up into a mushroom cloud. It's it's the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: That's so awesome. I love the way you said what you said, by the I love what you said by the way where you were like, you know, there's nothing wrong with living in the city because like because people who live in cities we think we're so much better than everyone else, and we say things and we say things like, well, there's something wrong with wanting to, you know, live in the country or the suburbs. But in this like sl you know what I mean, it's like a framing of like the way you're even saying it implies that there is something wrong, you know, but you're flipping it on its head, you know what I mean. You're like, like you see you see the city people, the way the city people see the country people. It's like, it's like, what the fuck kind of life is that, you know, living in a big fucking so you can't you can't. If you tried to blow up uh Fridges in the middle of Manhattan, you would be sent to Guantanamo Bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would be in a lot of trouble, Yes, but I can't. But I can do that here.
Speaker 2: You can do that there? What did it look like legally?
Speaker 3: Actually I don't know how legal.
Speaker 2: It is, but yeah, but there's who gives a no. But there's no cops out there. You can break any laws you want, I think.
Speaker 3: So funny thing is I know all the cops. Isn't that awesome? So we have we have Carl Kenneth Chase, like all of them, Sheriff Keith, like I keep so, so I.
Speaker 2: Had wait wait stop stop, stop stop stop? Did you say did you say Sheriff Pete Keith? Yes, sir, you fucking you guys have a sheriff. Absolutely, dude, God damn.
Speaker 3: So the funny part. The funny part. So I live in near Midland, which is like the oil field city of Texas, and so there's a bunch of oil field traffic. So all the cops don't give a fuck about us. They're like, oh, you're local, you do whatever you want. You want to drive one twenty down a county road, go for it. We're gonna pull over this guy for going five miles over the speed limit because he's an oil field worker. So we almost have like privilege, if that make sense.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that definitely makes sense. Uh so wait hold, sorry, sorry, I was just making sure that my fucking microphone stories. Okay, I think it does. I think it does all right. Cool, So you know all of the cops by first name. Do you go on like joy rides with them and shit, like do they let you get away with shit?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely? Absolutely? So Like I have this one. Carl is my favorite cop, and I keep telling him. I'm like, Carl, Man, when are you gonna When are you gonna catch me? I'm waiting for it. And then he's like, oh, I'll get you one day. And he still hasn't got me.
Speaker 2: But like.
Speaker 3: One of my close friends, his dad's a cop. He pulled me over and I just hop out and I walk over to his window. I'm like, what's up, man, how you doing? He's like, oh, good, how have you been? How's school going. I'm like, oh, it's going good, you know, And then I walk away. No ticket. I was speeding like thirty miles over the limit. Oh boy, isn't that awesome?
Speaker 2: Why? Well, what kind of laws is it? What kind of laws are you breaking out here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: None that are important?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: I know, I know you're not the biggest fan of a drive in.
Speaker 2: I would know I was. That's I was about, Well, yeah, I don't like I think going thirty miles over the speed limit is bad. I actively hate uh that you're doing that. But right, I have no but I have I have no jurisdiction upon you other than judgments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, let me ask you this. So when you graduate from school, you said you're in school, right, yes, sir, what and you're gonna Are you gonna go back to work at your parents farm or are you gonna work on your own farm?
Speaker 3: So I'm actually working for my best friend's dad right now on his farms class ranch. So he, my best friend's dad, works for like this billionaire and he owns all this land and like we ranch on it. We do like a feed yard, like a bunch of cattle. We feed them every day and tins and all this stuff, and then we'll let them out into the pasture and the forest and the ranch and stuff. And then he also has some farm land, so I am like the farm manager if you had to put a title on it. And that's what I've been doing out here, which is great learning experience. But after college, I really I don't know, because I kind of wanted to do engineering for a job, but I've lived all my life. Whenever I work, I get like my hands dirty. I have to be doing something I can't. I don't think I could sit like how you do like you sit behind a screen and talk to people, which talking to people makes it so much better. But I would just be doing like straight bookwork, and I don't think I could do that.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm. Yeah. You want to be making stuff and building things and working with your.
Speaker 3: Hands, right, yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, Yeah, I like that, man, I like that. And also you can pick a better crop, because I don't know why you guys are stuck in the eighteen hundreds, you know, making cotton cotton? Oh yeah, yeah, and uh and uh. And then you I assume you have a bunch of boys. You have a bunch of homies, You have a bunch, you have a god, what's the name of that movie? What's the what's the movie or the TV show where they jump a fucking car over a ditch and the freezes and there's a voiceover.
Speaker 3: Uh, I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: Hold on, chat, what is the name of this movie I'm talking about? No, it's not Jackass? Hold on. Oh the Duke of Hazard Okay, you got your little Duke of Hazard. You got your little Duke of Hazard group? Okay, And what are they what do they all do? What are they all doing? What's their deal?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So we're all working on farms, and we're all just messing around, you know, So I know it's gonna disappoint you. But three of my friends are planning cotton right now, and then one of my friends is stacking silage. So you you grow like this really tall grass and then you cut it and push it in a big pile, and then you put a tarp over it, and then you let it like ferment, almost like beer or wine like ferments, and then you take the tarp off and feed it to animals and it's super, super nutritious and easy to digest.
Speaker 2: Why would that disappoint me because it's more cotton, Yeah, more cotton. Cotton doesn't necessarily disappoint me. I guess, I don't know. I mean, as soon as you guys do okay with cotton.
Speaker 3: We're doing great. Yeah. And you know what's also fun about farming is you get to mess with big money. How so, So for example, if the average person makes or if a if an if a person makes one hundred thousand dollars a year, but if they're farming, you would make like maybe three million dollars a year, but you would have two point nine million dollars in expenses, right, so you profit one hundred grand, right, but you just get to play with more money. Isn't that so much fun? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well that makes a lot of sense to me, But that's also kind of spooky to me, right because aren't you like you you, because you're investing all of this money, but aren't you like at the whim of so many things like natural disasters or lack of whatever, Like are you is there a lot of risk involved in farming?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Yes, sir, absolutely so. So you have like tornadoes and then hail is a big problem. So whenever your crop is really really small, when high winds can even just like burn the leaves off because it gets so hot out here, and then you can have hail just like pound it to a pulse. But we have a it's called crop insurance, so if if a natural disaster occurs, this company will come out, take a look, they're like, yeah, that looks pretty pretty bad, and then they'll give you money. So we kind of have a safety blanket, but not all the time. Like your your cotton, your cotton harvester that picks your cotton could catch on fire and there goes two million dollars like nothing, what.
Speaker 2: Do you do when you're not farming?
Speaker 3: So it's kind of seasonal. So we're just getting over planning season and planning season, and harvest season is the biggest season. But in the downtime, go on vacation, go play, like, mess around with friends. I don't know, you're kind of you're kind of always farming, right if that makes sense because you have all of this equipment and land at your disposal.
Speaker 2: How has it been managing both farming and going to school?
Speaker 3: So during school, I have a part time job on a farm, and it's been good. School. School was a very drastic change for me because I grew up so my high school I graduated with twenty kids, and then I went to college. In my first class, I had two hundred people in one room. Wow, And that was like a crazy culture shock for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you had twenty kids in the whole fucking grade and then you went from two hundred kids in one class. That's crazy exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was. It was like nothing I've ever seen. But but yeah, that first So I just got through my freshman year of college, and that first semester was very difficult for me because because that is, it was like not the type of school I was used to. I was used to very personal connection, and in college you don't get that really at all.
Speaker 2: Did you make any friends in college? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So luckily I'm a very I don't know. I find I have a very easy time making friends, which is very very fortunate. And so I made a bunch of friends through like my religion, like we have like a like a group or what do you call it, like a not a church, but I guess a hall. So I made a bunch of friends through there. I made a couple of friends through my major, and then I made more friends playing pickleball and tennis and like racket faulting pong, anything with a racket. I'm not too shabby at m Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Do you work with a lot of animals or just crops?
Speaker 3: So that's that's the funny thing is every time I bring up I grew up on a farm, the first question is always, uh, what kind of animals do you have? And I'm like, uh, we don't have any animals. We have cotton. But the animals I messed with on this ranch is a whole bunch of cows. That's their main passion if you will, and then they also have a couple of sheep and a couple of goats. Because, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why do you feel like people like have a lot of misconceptions about you when they hear that you grew up on a farm.
Speaker 3: I can understand how that would be a like us.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm.
Speaker 3: Not really as much as you would think, is how I would put there. Because everybody I've dealt with, as they've they've just always been super fascinated by the fact that I grew up on a farm. M But I've never I've never ran into anything crazy like a movie would portray, I guess if you say that way. But a really cool part about working on a farm is, uh, I have two South African co workers, and they're like the best people I've ever met. They're awesome.
Speaker 2: What do you like about it?
Speaker 3: And they oh, I love them because they like their accent is awesome. I find stuff that they like, normal, stuff that they say really funny, and then they find stuff that I say is super funny, and then they're just so they're so joyful because they've told me like a lot of bad things that have happened in South Africa. They're getting kind of like the government is kind of chasing them out in a way, but like they'll invite me over. They're teaching me South African words because they speak English in a language called Afrikaans. And then they'll make like all kinds of jerky and dried sausage and all this like interesting flavors that I've never had before because I've never been out of the United States before. Like all this new culture coming to me is just like awesome.
Speaker 2: Mhmm. Do you what what words do you say that they find funny?
Speaker 3: Oki doki? They they hysterically lose it every time. It's awesome. I'll just be like, oki doki, I'll see you later. If they go, ok oh, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Do you have the stuff?
Speaker 3: They'll say stuff like uh laksha or a pry and I'm like, what does that even mean? It's just awesome.
Speaker 2: Do you have places outside of the US that you want to go to.
Speaker 3: I would love to go to Canada and Germany.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's going on in Germany?
Speaker 3: Germany? They have awesome So like I I use this in a scholarship interview, so like they have some of the best ski slopes because I love us snow skiing. And then anything made in Germany, like cars, tools, some of our explosives, we'd buy. Anything made in Germany just always has this like amazing quality. And I would just love to see, like everything is made made in Germany, is in everything in Germany is made in Germany. I just love to see, like what that beholds, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: And then what about Canada.
Speaker 3: I would also want to go skiing there. And I like the cold, which is weird because I'm from Texas, Like it's one hundred and fifteen degrees right now.
Speaker 2: So if you could if you could get if you could get into any new crop right like you got let's say, you could snap your fingers and the land and the land were for for whatever you wanted it to be fertile for what would you grow?
Speaker 3: Never thought about this. So it's fertile, and I'm assuming we got.
Speaker 2: Some water whatever whatever you whatever you need.
Speaker 3: Whatever it takes, either al salfa or corn, that would be my answer, because corn corn is it's super tall and it's like it's like building a wall, but you don't even have to build it, you just grow. Yeah, you're growing a wall. What could be better than that, and it's so it's so dense. And then so there's a difference between like the corn you eat at a restaurant and the corn that they put into cans. So the corn you eat at a restaurant, it's called sweet corn. And whenever you grow sweet corn, it's only about four feet tall at its peak. But whenever you grow it's called field corn. Like the corn they put in a can with flavoring, that stuff can get up to like ten feet tall, and you just get lost in it. And then you can do so many things with corn. You can grind it up like corn meal, you can tredit, turn it into silas for the animals. You can bail it into bales. You can just fend it off, sell it as corn. Oh, there's a badger walking through this pecan orchard right now.
Speaker 2: You're in a pecan orchard.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a big orchard.
Speaker 1: Big.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Can I send you a picture of the badger. There's two of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, you can send me a picture of the badger.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have an iPhone. I don't think it takes a picture that far away for a reference. It's like the size m of a car tire.
Speaker 2: Did do you see okay, a badger of the size of a car tire?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this thinks huge.
Speaker 2: Wait, take a picture of that fucking badger. Send it to me. I want to see this.
Speaker 3: I don't okay, let me try all right, hold.
Speaker 2: On, when you said the badge of the there's no way that that badger is the size of a car tire. That's like a.
Speaker 3: I can't tell my ca My camera is too shitty.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is gonna come out looking like one of those fake pictures of Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. Oh shoot, let meed your eye. Hold on. It might be a little loud.
Speaker 2: Are you in your car? Are you in a car right now? My truck? Yes, they're okay. Normally I try not. Normally I try not to talk to people while they're driving. But I feel like being in a truck is I feel like this is part of your aura.
Speaker 3: It's appropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have this cool switch on it. It can open and close my shaust to make it loud or quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you ever make it loud on purpose?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? It's loud right now.
Speaker 2: So you're chasing after that?
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, it's a bomb backer and there's like four babies following it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm hunting on your live stream. I don't mean to do this.
Speaker 2: No, that's but you're not gonna You're not gonna kill them, Ario, No, sir. Okay, good. They seem they seem nice.
Speaker 3: They were very nice. They're very uh you could describe it as cute.
Speaker 2: Do you see it? Do you see a lot of these animals like on the on your on your farm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we have all kinds of animals. We have deer, rabbit, snake, all kinds of snakes, badgers, raccoons, bobcat, your coyotes.
Speaker 2: Everything you ever gotten attacked.
Speaker 3: Okay, I sent it to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let me see.
Speaker 3: So there's a there's a big blob and then there's four little blobs behind it. If you, I don't know, my service might be pretty bad out here.
Speaker 2: It it'll, it'll, it'll eventure it'll. I'll eventually see it, do you all right? Hold on? Uh wait, let me see here. Oh I see him. Okay, wait hold on. Oh yeah, this is a really shitty picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah I told you.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I see them. They're like really tiny in the back. Okay, they're little dots. Yeah, okay, that's.
Speaker 3: A football field a way.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Oh so yeah, we have orchards out here, pecan or pecan. I don't know how how y'all say it up there in Jersey, but yeah, uh you're asking about the animals. That's that's pretty much all of them. I mean, we have like mice, all kinds of birds, pretty much anything you can think of out here.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been attacked by anything?
Speaker 3: Been attacked by dog? A wild dog? Oh? We have wild dogs?
Speaker 2: How is that?
Speaker 3: But that one that one didn't. It was kind of like a smaller dog. I just picked it up and threw it and then I was fine. Uh my arm was bleeding a little bit, but nothing too crazy. My my dad says, whenever I was little, in our barn, there was a there was a baby rattlesnake, and he said I was just pushing it across the floor with my foot for like two minutes. My dad thought it was a rope and then he he like did a double take and he ran over there and grabbed me and killed it, killed it, but it never bit me, which is super lucky.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have any fears?
Speaker 1: Fears?
Speaker 3: So I have a contradicting fear of being afraid of hype, But I love to climb. I love to climb stuff.
Speaker 2: You love to climb stuff even though you have a fear of heights, Yes, sir, what like what stuff for you? Are you climbing?
Speaker 3: So I'll climb like up on a barn to fix the roof, and I'm like, I love I love like the art of climbing up there. But once I'm up there, I'm like, oh, shoot, this is kind of scary. Yeah, being on the ground sounds pretty nice right about now and then, but like an airplane, I can't really. I used to have this, so I I used to be terrified of elevators, thunderstorms, and airplanes, and I think it was due to the fact that they're like scary if they start going down and I have no control over it. But then as I grew older, I was just like, well, I really have no control, so I'm just gonna let nature run its course and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's I've kind of ended up adopting that philosophy in a lot of ways as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of whatever happens.
Speaker 2: But hmmm, what's your name again? We Western, Yes, sir Western. I've appreciated this little window into your life. This has been nice, this has been quaint.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, I wish I wish you could come down here and visit, because I have family in New Jersey, so I've seen I've seen it, but but you haven't seen this because like you look to my left, there's a bunch of green trees in this orchard. You look to my right, there's a bunch of dead trees. Because because it's like a desert out here.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest, uh, what's the closest big city next to you?
Speaker 3: It would have to be Midland. But if that's not big enough, I'm about five hours away from San Antonio and Dallas and about six hours away from Houston.
Speaker 2: What's the sheriff's name again, Sheriff Keith? Sheriff Keith. Yes, there and there and there, But they're and there, and they're keep and they're keeping an eye on you.
Speaker 3: Yes, but not a like parental eye, more of a I just waved up to south asking not a parental eye, but more of just like a that's a funny thing to do, kind of I.
Speaker 2: Before we go, are there any other I I kind of want to give you the opportunity. If there are any other stories that you have about wacky farm shenanigans, I would love to hear them.
Speaker 3: Wacky farm shenanigans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like blowing up the fridges.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So me and the South Africans fixed up this polaris. Uh it's like a four seater, a thousand cc, which is pretty pretty, uh like souped up. And then we were going like seventy down this dirt road, seventy miles an hour and then he just starts doing donuts and then we haul it and we start jumping stuff and then uh we we turned and it like leaned up on its side, and then it stopped and we broke the belt to like tower the wheels, and if we had more power, we would have flipped. So it was like a It was like a crazy moment. And that was like a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Does that Does that stuff not scare of the shit out of you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I had a seatbelt on.
Speaker 2: I was good if but if the fucking car flips, So what does it matter if you have a seatbelt on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then I don't because then I don't fly away. I stay with it.
Speaker 2: All right, Well you know more than me.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't say that. You're pretty wise. I love butting all your stuff.
Speaker 2: Thanks, man. I appreciate a Western, but I don't. I don't know anything of about cars. Actually, no, I know enough about cars to know that it's probably not good to flip them over and be in them while that's happening.
Speaker 3: But that is a very.
Speaker 2: You know. I just I just like you Weston. I don't want you to die.
Speaker 3: Oh that means a lot, lyle.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to you You're you're You're a nice You're you're a nice guy. You're uh you're a real you're a real American, And I don't want you to uh meet in early death underneath a fucking truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point. I do have a rather heavy foot when I'm driving, but I inherited that from my dad too.
Speaker 2: So what's your relationship like with your parents? How are they cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, they're They're amazing. I would never I would never want anyone else. And then I've been told by a bunch of my dad's like college strinths, that he's he's the best guy that you could ever have as a dad and like, as a friend, he'd do anything. And I was, I was super, super lucky with the parents that I got and they're luckily still together. And then I have a sister. I believe she's gonna be a nun. She's like so she's like the sweetest person ever. And then my grandparents are amazing, so kind. My brother's he's good for a brother. Like, No, I'm I'm so so lucky to have the environment that I had growing up.
Speaker 2: What's your dad's deal? See, I mean, I guess they're all Also, your parents are both farmers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my mom stays at home. She's a stay at home mom, and then my dad's a farmer. Yeah, farming really takes up kind of all your time. But at the same time, you are your own boss, so you can do whatever you want, if that makes sense, like unlimited vacation day.
Speaker 2: How old are your siblings? Are you the oldest?
Speaker 3: No, I'm the middle child, So so my sister's older. She just graduated from Texas A and M in college station cool. I believe she got some kind of agricultural degree, but she is a minor in religious studies. And I'm I'm like ninety nine percent sure that she's going to be a nun, which which is great for her, but also I'm gonna miss her because with that lifestyle, she's gonna be very isolated and I just won't get to see her as much, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Mhmm.
Speaker 3: But she's she's awesome. And then my brother is younger than me. Uh, he's gonna be a senior in high school this year.
Speaker 2: Do you sorry? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Uck?
Speaker 2: Do you have a do you have a brotherly relationship with him? Do you watch after him? I mean you're not that much older, right, You're like nineteen that he's like eighteen.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, so I no, I'm not super I guess protective over him if you will, because I don't know he Yeah, he's not too far behind me. He can do whatever he wants. But if if the circumstance came, Yeah, I do anything for him or for anybody.
Speaker 2: Really, you would do anything for anything.
Speaker 3: Anybody I know enough? Yeah, Like I've been listening to you for like since twenty nineteen. I did anything for you, Lyle.
Speaker 2: How much do you have to know someone for you to be able to do anything for.
Speaker 3: Them enough to know that they're a good person?
Speaker 2: Oh, fuck shit, you're a cool guy, Weston. I really, I really mean, I don't want you to die. You should make a nice boy.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to die either.
Speaker 2: I imagine you as like a Tom Sawyery character that has a dog.
Speaker 3: I do have two dogs. Yes, their okay, I love them so much too. So one is a sheep dog. She does not participate in cheap in doing of the sheep. But she's just a house dog. But she's awesome. She's a little probably like I got her for one of my birthdays, probably like six years old, and she's the happiest little thing. And then we adopted my grandparents dog whenever they moved into town. And she's she's probably like fifteen years old, a brown lab and she I don't know how much longer she's gonna make it, but she's a happy little thing.
Speaker 2: Are you sorry? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say she has a little shedding disorder. I have to help her brush because she's getting old.
Speaker 2: Are you close with your grandparents?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely so. I always one thing I always kind of do is I look at I look at myself through the person that I'm interacting with, like their shoes, so I'm like, if if I was a grandparent, what would I want my grandson to do? And I'm like, well, I'd love for him to just come by and visit. So I do my best to like go to both my grandparents and just sit down and visit with them. We actually ate with one of them for Father's Day yesterday. And then I'm yeah, I'm I'm super close to my grandparents. So funny thing is one of my my mom's parents live two miles away from my house, and my dad's parents live one mile away from my house.
Speaker 2: So you're right there, you're right next, so it's super easy to get to be close to him, yes.
Speaker 3: Sir, Yes, sir. And then I have thirteen cousins on my dad's side and I know all of them super well. We're all super close family. And then I have two cousins on my mom's side and they live in New Jersey with you over there, so.
Speaker 2: You are you're close with all thirteen of your cousins all fifteen? Yes there, geez man, that's awesome. Oh well, you guys have like big get togethers on the farm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, we'll all gather together and just like all of them will drink. I'm not a I'm not a I've never been into drinking. Don't smoke either, But you know, it seems everybody I hang out with, they they're always they always smoke and drink, which, again, absolutely nothing wrong with that, It's just not my cup of teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to be flipping any more cars than you already are.
Speaker 3: Right, that would probably increase with alcohol consumption.
Speaker 2: Right, You're a blessed man. I'm I feel like I suck for not remembering your name. Uh West and Western nosing Uh Western. You're a blessed man. You really are. I really don't want you to die Western. You're a blessed man. You have a close family, you have a strong idea of what you want to do with your life. You're adventurous, You're have a great fan. I mean, yeah, you're you're about as blessed as I think a guy can be.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, absolutely, and I'm I'm so grateful for it. I try to do my best for everybody else kind of give back in a way, but I don't know how that makes sense. Just give all my blessings that I've received in my life. I just try to help other people out and whatever that takes. But yeah, I always try to like form get togethers with my friends because I know sometimes it's kind of hard to get everybody together, but I do my best.
Speaker 2: That's an important role to have in the friend group, the gatherer because some people, because a group chat can just light dormant for years without anyone ever actually getting out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, Like during college, our group chat almost died and then as soon as summer hit, I hit it up and we're all in my grandpa's pit. We had fridges, we had tannerite, and we had guns, and we had wine bottles and we fill them with gas and then we shove a rag down there and you light the rag on fire and you throw the bottle and when it breaks, all the gas comes out and it's like a fiery inferno.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are making Yeah, you guys are making molotovs. I've played video games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: I've God damn it, I'm not gonna ever try that in my entire life. I really, I really don't want you to die. Weston. You know what, you know what, you know what the problem you know what the problem is, Weston, is I just you're like you're like a Jenga tower. I feel I don't actually mean what I'm about to say, I'm just bullshitting you, but you're like a Jenga tower, where like I feel like flipping cars and making homemade Molotov cocktails is just as integral to who you are, as like, you know, all of the good things in your life that if you if you pull, it's almost like you can't have you without those things. I don't actually believe that in any way, shape or form, but I kind of do a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Just say don't I just don't blow your arm off with fireworks or light your dogs on fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, do you?
Speaker 2: I mean you have a certain what were we gonna say?
Speaker 3: Let's just say I sensed all the hair off my arm last week. So one of my tires went flat on the plow, and so I got starting fluid and a lighter and I shot some in there and then shot it and lit it and it just inflated the tire and I was like, this is the best thing ever. Fire is just like so entertaining and useful it's an amazing tool.
Speaker 2: You have what thirteen.
Speaker 3: Cousins, thirteen on my dad's side, yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, okay, so fifteen in total. And and so you have a lot of other people your age around you, and I assume that they are cut from similar cloth as you. Uh, yes, yeah, and no, and nobody's ever gotten into any horrible accidents or blew their arms off or killed a dog.
Speaker 3: So my.
Speaker 2: So about the arm.
Speaker 3: My friend lost the tip of his finger roping fears. But my great great grandma lost her arm in a tornado when she was pregnant with my great grandpa.
Speaker 2: Okay, and my great.
Speaker 3: Grandpa was the ninth child of eighteen.
Speaker 2: You're living a you're living an interesting life, man. I really can't think. I really I can't think of anything that could make your life better except maybe like a a shield.
Speaker 3: A shield that that is an awesome idea. I'll have to make one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go ahead. I'm live on twitch right now. I'm gonna see if the twitch chat has any questions. Twitch chat, If you guys have any questions, I'll read them out to uh to mister Weston. So one said just a little bit of reckless Pyromania for the youth as a treat. Absolutely, someone wants to know your thoughts on the switch to.
Speaker 3: The switch too. So I've had I've had the switch like as soon as it came out, and I love that thing. But I have sadly gone away from the switch and onto the steam deck.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna lie. I didn't know there was a switch too, but I'm might have to invest into it.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of surprised that you even play video games. You seem like you're like too busy lighting stuff on fire.
Speaker 3: You gotta make time for everything, which is a hard thing for my girlfriend to understand.
Speaker 2: Okay that.
Speaker 3: Someone everybody is you have to make time for everybody.
Speaker 2: Someone just asked if you had a significant other and if it's hard to find one out there. So you have a girlfriend it, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: So it is extremely hard to find one because everybody is related to me.
Speaker 2: Did you just find Yeah, do you just find the girl who lives in your town who's just happens to be the least related to you?
Speaker 3: So I found the girl from the neighboring town that wasn't related to me.
Speaker 2: There we go, rock and roll. It's a real catch. Oh yeah, and how long have you two been together?
Speaker 3: We've been together since April twenty eight of last year.
Speaker 2: Very nice. How's it gone?
Speaker 3: It's going great. Yeah. So she she really loves me, like more than anybody, and I'm so grateful for that. And you know, we've had our struggles, but you know we we don't like give the silent treatment or let the problem solve itself. You know, we'll sit down and talk about it and you know, get everything straight. You know, understand the other person's perspective is a huge part of it. And yeah, we're doing great. She has one younger sister. She's an interesting one. But I bring her cookies and she's she's great.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet. What's your so, what's your girlfriend's like deal? Is she also another farm farmer?
Speaker 3: So she lives out in the country and her dad ranches, like half ranches. Half is the superintendent of the water district of the city. So she has enough farm in her So she's great.
Speaker 2: Is her dad intimidating to you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it like a you must gained my approval, like I feel like in a small town, Is it like a whole you must have gained my approval before dating my daughter kind of deal.
Speaker 3: So that's how I thought it was going to be. And he's he's like six four, two hundred and fifty pounds. He was a bodybuilder. Yeah, in high school and college, I believe, and I weigh one. I'm five eleven. I'm I'm lean, but I don't have a lot of muscles. So yeah, extremely intimidating guy. But the second time I met him, we're like best friends already. He likes me way more than my girlfriend anyway.
Speaker 2: He said, he likes you more than he likes his daughter.
Speaker 3: His daughter. Yeah, so so does their mom. My girlfriend's mom, she likes me more too.
Speaker 2: Someone asks you, uh, are you planning to have kids? And if you do, will you let them play with fire?
Speaker 3: I will absolutely let them play with fire. And I would love to because the idea of raising a family, because I'm so close with my family that like it's not even a second thought to not have kids, because I just you know, I want to be a father. I want to watch these little pet spurns that I created grow up mh and like, you know, develop their own personalities.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I just think that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Someone wants to know what your favorite fast food is, and they have a guess for what it is. But I'm not going to tell you because I want to hear.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't get fast food a lot because I'm an hour from the nearest town, but.
Speaker 2: Probably kine Canes. They guess subway. No, they guess subway. I don't know why they guessed subway. I thought, I think it's kind of a bad guess to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I could. I could get horny for some subway every now and then. Same, but Canes Canes is really fast and they're consistent.
Speaker 2: What do you eat would you? I assume you cook a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, so we have a lot of steak, like ribs, pork like a lot of meat. I guess pork chop. Last night we had yeah, steak. The South Africans make a lot of like spicy. It's all about their spices, is what makes their food taste cool.
Speaker 2: You've been eating a lot of South African food lately?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they're lately.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, go ahead and finish.
Speaker 3: I was trying to think of food. I'm not a huge vegetable guy, but since I hit college, I was like, you know what, I should probably eat a little bit of vegetables. So I never like intentionally make vegetables, but at a restaurant, if they come on my plate, I try to eat them, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked if you ever cook any road kill?
Speaker 3: No, not road kill?
Speaker 2: Would you if you like listen like like, uh, oh see, you've killed and eaten a deer? Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I've killed like a rabbit and ate it. A rattlesnake. We've tried that too. And then so there's a cottontail rabbit and a jack rabbit. A jack rabbit is a lot bigger, and they taste awful, but jack but cottontail tastes like chicken, and rattlesnake tastes like chicken.
Speaker 2: People who regularly listen to this podcast are be annoyed at me for this back up. But have you ever played Red Dead Redemption two?
Speaker 3: I have not, but I've watched my friend play it a lot.
Speaker 2: I think I think you would like it.
Speaker 3: I would probably like it. I played GTA five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, I will say in the in the city versus Country debate, GTA representing the city, red de Redemption representing the country, Red Dead Redemption significantly better gaming experience, very true?
Speaker 3: Do they have molotovs in Red Dead Redemption?
Speaker 2: They do? Yeah, I'm almost positive they do.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll I'll test it out and I'll call back eventually let you know how it went.
Speaker 2: Have you ever eaten a badger?
Speaker 3: I have not eaten a badger, but I I could make it happen if you really want to know.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, let those better because that badger had a whole family.
Speaker 3: I better not.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was gonna ask you one other thing about, Oh, how does it feel to like kill and eat an animal? Because I eat a lot of animals. I just don't kill them myself. I financially support their deaths by uh, you know, consuming the meat, but I don't get the I don't I don't get to kill them myself. How does that feel that you you see a thing and then you you eat it.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. It feels. It really feels like two different parts. So you think, like, so it's like I kill a deer and then I eat it. While I'm eating it, I'm not thinking of like, oh, this core deer might have had a family and you know stuff, because like whenever I'm I'm killing it is I'm in one mood, I guess. And then whenever i'm eating it, it's just like eating any other Like, you know, i just stopped by a subway and grabbed a sandwich right with steak in it. I'm not thinking of the cow. I'm just kind of eating it thinking of the flavor, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that so interesting that, like we eat, we're so far removed from like all the ship that we're eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not. I'm not planning on ever doing anything about it ever in my entire life, but it is. It is crazy. It is crazy to think about Western great talking to you man, anything else you want to say about farm life, about Western life, about anything else at all. Before we go.
Speaker 3: About Western life, invest in a radar detector?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is that.
Speaker 3: It goes off whenever the cop is hitting you with his speed tracking stuff?
Speaker 2: Why don't you just go? Why don't you just go like ten miles above the speed limit and not die?
Speaker 3: So on a casual day, I'll drive about eighty and most of our roads around here are seventy five, So that's a reasonable speed, all right, but when you get into town, the speed limits get slower, the cops get more abundant. So a radar detector is an amazing investment and it's the price of a ticket, so like you're saving yourself tenfold.
Speaker 2: That's so funny that that exists, that there's you could detect police radars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe you didn't. You've never heard of that, because that's like super super popular out here, which which we have long distances to drive. Like I mentioned, we're an hour from town, and you might walk down the street to your grocery store. We have to drive an hour.
Speaker 2: So don't fucking die, West, don't fucking die. I liked I liked talk I liked talking to you. I got to know you. The people listening to this podcast got to know you. They like you. That don't they We don't want you to die, West, and just don't die. Just keep not dying, keep keep keep living your best life while while also being careful to not die.
Speaker 3: I I love living my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Speaker 2: Have a the rest of the night, Weston, Thank you very much for calling. Yes, keep it up later, Man, that was a good kid. I liked that. Guy is interesting. I still don't want to stick. Can anyone explain that for me? In the comments section of cotton? Do people buy cotton? I mean, I know they use it to make some shirts, but that that's really it? Right? Don't they make sure they make sure it's with a lot of stuff? You know, how much? How much? What's the what? How much can the cotton market be going? If you're an expert on the cotton market, please comment in the Spotify comments or the or the iTunes whatever or the YouTube whatever. Please let me know. I gotta know more about cotton.
Speaker 1: Hello, what's up, man?
Speaker 2: What's up? What's your name?
Speaker 1: I'm Pablo. Let's go to tablo Pablo.
Speaker 2: You share it? You share a fake name with the penguin from the Backyardigans and the famous, the famous painter Pablo Picasso, both of whom I believe made fairly significant contributions to society.
Speaker 1: You know, I couldn't. I can't tell you one thing did, but I could tell you, like hive, Pablo, the penguin did fucking do it?
Speaker 2: Do it? Do it? Do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, he is blue. I guess he didn't do blue, but he is blue.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what that one's It's true. Being blue is not the same as not really doing something. But I'll let you have it, okay. Four more? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And anyway, is he Hispanic? I don't know? Is he Hispanic or black? I don't I don't know what he is, but you just said he Yeah, but you know, like ethnicity wise, like I'm Hispanic, and I feel like I identified myself in Pablo, you know what I mean, kind of like how like Darwin and amazing one of the Gulmas like black pretty much, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that makes a lot of sense. I think I think he's Hispanic. I think he's canonically Hispanic, although that doesn't make a lot of sense because I don't think there are any Latin countries that penguins are native to. Pablo, Pablo, Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's up? What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: But what would you want to talk today? Would you want to talk about today?
Speaker 1: I it's funny, I will. I will watch your streams every now and then. I'll usually just watch it when I up bloods on YouTube. But I usually, like I don't have I usually have something to talk about every time I call you. And I don't reach and this time I don't have any Well, I do have any I do have something. I I I'm twenty two and I may or may not be becoming a father and I don't. I'm not I'm not in the Uh I don't want to be a dad, you know what I mean? Not yet?
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 2: May or may not may mean a lot of things. How how what may or may not mean? So?
Speaker 1: So I you know, it's it's one of those things where you know you're you're in it, and then you're like, you don't know. You know, I obviously use protection. That's very uh pretty smart, and that's something I don't do. And yeah, it's just one thing led to another. And I you know, the the girl that I'm with, My girlfriend, she like, uh, you know the ovulation phase. You know, there's that period of time where the egg is like can be fertilized for like twelve to twenty four hours, and she was in that. I don't know if she was in that window, but you know there's like a day, like a day's worth Like maybe I could be wrong, but like it's like days, like the windows like days long, but like the egg is so I'm really nervous and I've I've.
Speaker 2: Watched her for years. It's okay, man, take a time.
Speaker 1: But but but yeah, she you know's it's in that window, and she may or may not have been. You know, it's a specific day where like you know, you can if you you know, if you forget my language, if you're not and the you know, you're the person you're with, you know that you could she could be pregnant, and she was, she may or may not have been in that window. And I may or may not have finished, you know, because I was high. And that's another thing too, Like there's a lot of factors, you know, a lot of factors where I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: So so I guess, so hold on, hold on, hold on, okay. So so okay, So your girlfriend's not on birth control?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: And you you did you like you didn't even pull out, like you came inside of her.
Speaker 1: Okay. So okay, so here, okay, we're gonna get this is gee, dude, I've watched you for years. I love you like thank you.
Speaker 2: Problem, thank you? I love Yeah, I think I love you in the way I love you in the sense that you and I find ourselves at the in the same cosmic predicament of being alive at this blimp of time in the universe.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, dude, I'm sober right now. This is crazy that this is happening when I's sober anyway. Uh yeah, So what I was saying is yeah, so so yeah, yeah, you were saying, I don't know if I came in here, I was high, but like you know that, Okay, so again, kind of team but you know that kind of when you're in it, or like you know, you're sort of in it, but then you know you're kind of you're kind of going in it.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Uh, you like you don't finish all the way, but you sort of.
Speaker 2: Do you like trying them accidentally?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, you didn't.
Speaker 1: You are not partial shot a partial partial night.
Speaker 2: You know I'm gonna actually I want to. Here's the thing. The details, the details of the logistics of things are not are not important. You believe there is a chance that some of your seamen ended up in your girlfriends jen. Okay, And so how long ago was this that you.
Speaker 1: Yet yet? So it was yesterday last night. There was so many other.
Speaker 2: This was last night, This was last night, Okay, a few things. First of all, well, I am pretty sure that the Plan B pill it has I'm pretty sure you're in a forty eight hour window with the Plan B pill.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the thing too, isn't I mean, you and I are probably the least you know, reliable sources on this, but like, can't isn't prem Plan B. Doesn't it not work when you're like, you know, in that furt the window, or like when the egg is in that twelve to twenty four hour phase where it's like it's there, you know what I mean, I can be for a lot.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny, Pablo, I I I genuinely, I really appreciate that you're a fan of the show and that you're excited to be uh talking to me, But you should really not be on the phone with me right now. You should really be feverish. You should really be with your girlfriends figuring this out. If this happened to last Yeah, yeah, I thought when you said you may or may not be a father, I thought it was like a thing where you and your girlfriend were like decided, you know, she was probably you guys were deciding, you know, whether what you wanted to do or you know, I didn't realize that this was this happened to last night. It's dude, it's the morning. It's literally it's literally the morning after dude. And where's your where's your hold on? Where's your girlfriend? Right now?
Speaker 1: She's she's out, she's at work right now?
Speaker 2: What what did what did she have to say about all of this?
Speaker 1: She I mean, obviously she's fucking freaking out. This is okay. And this is another thing. I feel horrible. I feel like I feel like an asshole because she's not not this week, but the next week she's driving with her friend. We're all in college. She's driving with their friend, and now she's in an outing club. You know. It's like a backpack and they do like they like to hike for days, you know what I mean. And I don't. I don't find an a drumming in it, but like, you know, teach their own. But she's going on a six week backpacking trip to New New I'm sure along the appalation trail. I think and like, this is probably the worst time to like have a pregnancy scare, you know what I mean, because she won't know, you know, she's pregnant until like two weeks later, you know, waiting for dude.
Speaker 2: You're okay. By the way, just to clear this up, she does not want to be pregnant, correct.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we do not want to be pregnant.
Speaker 2: We want to you know, bro, go go to the go to CBS or Walgreens or whatever right now and buy a Plan B pill. My guys, this happened you, this happened last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, so yeah, let me Yeah, so I should probably say everything. So we're on the same disuator. But I did get her of Plan.
Speaker 3: ME today, Like, oh so you did, Okay, so you get yeah, So like we're kind of in the clear.
Speaker 1: I just don't, you know. I guess I won't really know until she gets the period, but she won't she'll be out of state, you know, by the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, so she took a Plan B pill.
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So okay, so first of all, you only kind of think that you may have accidentally came in her and she took and she took a Planned B pill.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah is that?
Speaker 2: Am I understanding that correctly?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But now I like I don't feel as worried, but I should you know what I mean because like the Ford the ovulation. I don't know, I'm not a not a woman doctor, but you know the ovulation. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well okay, well here's well, first of all, a few things. Is one is I'm pretty I feel like people who like, you know, what to say funny people who are like trying to get pregnant have a hard time with it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So the fact that this what you weren't even trying and h and you had a plan beople. I mean, you're probably not a doctor. I don't fucking know, but you're probably fine. But I get it's it's it's a scare for sure. I get it's a scare. Uh I guess when what you know? Like so I guess you just have to wait until she has.
Speaker 1: A period, yeah yeah, yeah yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And she's a work.
Speaker 1: Should work right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, how's she doing?
Speaker 1: I mean, she's like scared and ship because like I was the one that like usually she's I mean, okay, truth be told. Like we've had like scares too. I'm not a very uh used protection you know what I mean. I don't I don't, you know, because I'm stupid.
Speaker 2: But anyway, are you gonna wait wait wait wait we are you are you going to continue to not use protection?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, like like this was like she was like it was it was the whole thing. Last night, dude. You know, she was crying sh because she's so stressed, you know, and I was trying to like, so here's how it went last night. She's all stressed because she's planning for this trip and she has her sister's wedding this year and yeah my cousins, you know a lot of all this ship, you know, and it's like coming soon. So it's like she's, you know, the six week thing is like taking all her time of planning for the wedding and all this ship. So but she wants to do it, and then she's all stressed, and I'm telling her like, yo, let me like like let me like make you feel better. And then and then this brings on, you know what I mean, Like this is the this is my result of by trying to make it feel better, and I give her this scare you know, So I wait, wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you okay, your girlfriend was stressed out about like her wedding, and you were like, let me make you feel better by us having sex.
Speaker 1: No, no, I guess, but it wasn't like you know that, that wasn't like the point. It just like led there, you know what I mean, you know, like comforting her.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, comforting her like I was comforting her. How long have you? How long have you? How long have you two been? Uh dating?
Speaker 1: For like a year? A year and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, is every Is everything going good otherwise?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? I like, yeah, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I mean, and I assume she's at work right now, she's texting. I assume she's texting you and and freaking out.
Speaker 1: I actually texted her a little bit ago saying, like I got on the call with you because I like we're like both stands of the year.
Speaker 2: That's that's very nice, Okay, I'm talking about I think you guys. Look, here's the thing. You guys did everything I think you could do, right, Like, yeah, probably be fine, just be just be just be there for your girlfriend, man while she's dealing with all this stuff. That's all I really got.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought so too. I this is like the last this is like, this is like the last thing I wanted to talk to you about if I ever got on call.
Speaker 2: But you said the mind right now. Well I'm sure, so yeah, it's just on your mind right now. But what I mean, I'm looking this up right now. Yeah, the window of effectiveness for Plan B, an emergency contraceptive pill, is up to seventy two hours.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, yeah, so we're good.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, let's see here, let's see let's say the Plan BE effectiveness rate. Okay, within twenty four hours, Plan B is approximately ninety five percent effective. Okay, this is pretty good, odds Okay, Plan B is less effective if you are overweight, you have already ovulated and you were taking certain medications but you didn't. But it was like this, But you're not even telling me that it was like that, you like shot that it was like a full load.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, okay, do you know what I'm talking about? You know, it wasn't a poolo, but it was like it was a It wasn't a pre come either, it was like a partial that. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You I okay, you started coming and then you pulled out. I'm gonna assume.
Speaker 1: I guess. But it was weird because I usually feel like when I'm going to but that's how I can. So like, I'm like, did i've you know, what was that rush of liquid? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Look, all right, here's what you do, Pablo. Look, tell her, tell her that, tell her you spoke to the therapy gecko and that he googled it and said that, uh, there's a ninety five chance that you're fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll tell her that. I'll probably make you feel better.
Speaker 2: I hope, So I hope. So yeah, I mean, just be you know, just you know, she'll probably she's yeah, I mean she'll probably be, you know, understandably so a little freaked out until she has a period again and you know, man, just fucking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it is just be with her, just be in it with her until uh you know that gets resolved. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I saw her alone.
Speaker 4: She was.
Speaker 1: She's i mean, she's like freak, you know. But I mean, you know, I'm doing what I can. You know, she you know, Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 2: You said that, Ei, there was another thing that you wanted to talk about. I think or you said that every time you think about calling it was a new thing. I'm very curious, I guess because I'm curious, like, is it do you have a pregnancy scare every every week.
Speaker 3: Nah, No, no, No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm I I'm a little lie right now because I'm talking to you, and but I don't know. I I've I guess I've always wanted to We saw you in Chicago in May of twenty three, I think, or whenever it was when Kermit Kermit was on stage.
Speaker 2: You remember that, Yeah, that was it was about a year ago. Yeah, and at the Den.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, cool show. Yeah, it was fine. We wanted to you, We wanted to see you, but you said there was a show right after yours, so if we wanted to meet you, we'd have to wait until after that. But we were like, a, let's just get pizza.
Speaker 2: Well he listen. Maybe maybe maybe if I do a maybe if I do a tour again in twenty one years, you can come with your son.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I want to tell him how like you said we weren't going to have a kid, and then and then we had a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I kind of jinxed it a little bit. No, you're gonna be fine. You're both gonna be fine. Yeah, I think, I mean, I can't, I can, I can there's a ninety five percent chance you guys are both going to be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. I appreciate that. Yeah, I mean, I don't know, man, I guess like I've always wanted to tell you, like I'm I'm in during my grad school year. I'm going to be a grastudent this year, I'm studying healthcare administration. And but four years ago, when you started, like twenty twenty, I started watching you, like yeah twenty one.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: My freshman year, I just got out of a relationship from high school and it was kind of toxic and ship and I don't know I was I was just really lonely freshman year, Like the whole year, I just feel like I didn't do ship. I didn't make friends and ship, and I was just kind of lonely and pomo and shit. You know, but I always watched you, like I always watched you and you know, talking about you know, shooting the ship with other people and hearing like other people's lives and hearing me you know, you know, how you started. And then now you're like really open and shit, because I remember it used to like whenever people ask how you are, You're always like, you know, yeah, whatever, what about you? And now you're like really open and like stuff. And you always say, like I'm talking too much about myself now I'm I listen, you know, like I listened to him, like.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, you know, thanks man. Are you doing Are you okay? So that was so that was like four or five years ago. Are you doing better now? Aside from whatever, hide from what's going on with you in this moment?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, yeah, I'm doing really good. I found myself I had. You know, it's one of those things where after relationship, I know, type in tight school, but you know what I mean, you find your you find yourself you know college, you know, finding out what I'd like, what I don't like, you know, friendship and relationship, and you know, made me realize I recently lost some friends, you know, from years ago when I was in that time, like I was in my lonely kind of lonely phase and like I had my close friends, at least I had them from my hometown. But now it's realizing, you know, they're not that good and you know, kind of letting them go. You know. This year has been kind of crazy because you know, you just kind of figure out, you know, like hey, I don't need these people, like, you know, even though it's sexual reason, but you know they're not adding anything in your life.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but you're so I mean, yeah, but you're so. You're so young, you're about to like I mean, you just graduated college, You're about to go into grad school. You're so young, you have so much more, You're gonna meet so many more people. Your life is gonna continue to like you just have no idea. I don't have any idea. I'm not even really that much older than you, but uh, you're just your life is gonna continue to evolve, uh exponentially. I think your I think your life evolve. I think the younger you are, the more exponentially your life evolves year to year. But that's not like, that's not like an inherent fact. Uh yeah, you got you got a bunch of ship uh ahead of you. I believe, I hope. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, grad school.
Speaker 2: You're gonna what healthcare? Healthcare administration?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro hand of the budget. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you go? Are you do you like? Do you like deny insurance claims?
Speaker 1: Nah? No, I'm not, I'm not. I'm not gonna be a devil. I'm want to be like one of those people. I want to, like, you know, make it better, you know, okayk.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not trying to get money.
Speaker 2: Who know, who knows, who knows. Maybe one day you'll have it. Maybe one day when you're ready, you'll have a kid and it'll be it'll be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I do want one, but like no, now you know, and then one day when and then when you do, you can you guys can watch the backyard against together and you can be like this, Pablo, he inspired me.
Speaker 1: That's ship. Dude. You're so wise, Like that's kind of uncle of you to say, but you're not really an thanks man.
Speaker 2: I really want kids. I yeah, I want kids eventually in the future. But I also I also I used to think the future didn't exist. And what I mean by that is I used to think that like if you say, oh, I want to do this in the future, you don't really mean it, because you uh, if you if you won't do if you don't want to do something now, it's like the like the future self doesn't exist and life is just one day and you know all that bullshit. But I actually think I think you think that's wrong. I think there is. I think they're kind. I'm low. I'm starting to feel like there kind of is a quote unquote there. I do think you can be ready for things or not ready for things. And I think I think I just I think I just fucked up. I watched too many motivational Reddit videos. I watched too many motivational Reddit videos that made me think I had to do everything in one day. But yeah, someday I'd like to have kids. Bablo, give your uh, give your girlfriend my good uh my good graces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will, bro. It was so cool to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, Pablo.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, we're protection and uh yeah uh not. I just with you, Brouh. I hope to see you, you know, obviously, take your time. Rest rest, you know, yeah, rest, you know.
Speaker 3: I'll be back.
Speaker 2: I'll be back on and I'm not not this year, but i'll be I'll be back next year.
Speaker 1: We'll see no, yeah, whenever, yeah, whenever, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give your girl from my good graces.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, appreciate it, Brough All right, take.
Speaker 2: Care of Bablo. Good luck, you too. Bye? Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 5: My name is Alden.
Speaker 2: Alden? Is that am I?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Like the grocery chain like Aldi?
Speaker 5: Like almost yeah, basically like Aldise. That's how I tell people about my name.
Speaker 2: Have we ever spoken before, Alden?
Speaker 1: No, we haven't.
Speaker 2: Very cool, very good. What's up? How are you doing today? How's life good?
Speaker 5: We were supposed to be at Bonner today, but they canceled it on us.
Speaker 2: Well Bonnar, Oh, yeah, I guess I get Bonnard today. Well it's a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh was it?
Speaker 2: Okay? So they canceled, but they had it on Saturday and Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So they had it till Friday and it was downcouring, and then all of a sudden they canceled it mid Friday because everybody was blooded out.
Speaker 2: How was Saturday and Sunday though, I mean Saturday and Friday.
Speaker 5: So Saturday, so Friday we just like went around to a bunch of the renegade and joined some of the like smaller little DJ areas. But that's when they had officially canceled it. But Saturday we all had to pack up and we're in Atlanta now.
Speaker 2: But before then, it was for those who who don't know. For those who don't know, Bonnaru is a really great music festival that they have every year in uh Chattanooga, Uh, somewhere in Tennessee like Manchester. Yeah, Manchester, Tennessee. And I did some shows there like three years ago. It was a good time, I think. Unfortunately, I think the founder of it just passed away.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 5: I think like last year they were talking about it and then yeah we also me and my friend. You might have met my friend Breeze in Miami. She went to hear a show in Miami, and you guys hung out after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do remember your friend Brie. Yeah, we went to oh wait you're Oh wait is that you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Breeze very next to me.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, what's up, Bri? How you doing?
Speaker 4: He said, what's up? I missed you? We gotta we gotta hang out soon in Miami?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we Uh we went to the uh me your friend Brie and some of her friends. We went to the Strip Club after I think I did a show. Actually, yeah, oh what's up? Yeah, we went to the Strip Club after.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think I did a show at the Miami Improv. Like I don't know if this was twenty twenty four or twenty twenty three, B shout out the gold Rush Strip Club.
Speaker 4: What a great Yeah, and you also performed there at one point. Didn't you have like a show or you went around and interviewed people?
Speaker 2: I went to Yeah, I went around and interviewed people there. They let me do that, which was cool. They have. It's funny because at that so I think I'm at that strip club, like when they have they have this like l CD uh screen where they like if they have like a rapper, because a lot of like rappers or whatever the fuck like go there and if they have like remember he was here, Yeah, so they have like rappers come there and ship and so whenever they it's like somebody is in the building or whatever, they they say like like welcome future on this like big LCD screen. And I when I when I was there, when I first went there to like do interviews, they had a picture of my face on the screen and said welcome therapy Gecko. And I took a picture and there was like it's like a picture it's a picture of like welcome therapy Gecko on this LCD screen. And then like a bunch of like strippers in the four it looks really funny. It looks really funny. I was like, yeah, I was like, I think this is the peak of my Everything's been completely utterly downhill since then.
Speaker 4: No, honestly, that's that's how I felt when like I came up and saw you.
Speaker 5: I came by myself.
Speaker 4: If you remember, I drove like two hours to the show.
Speaker 5: It was last minute.
Speaker 4: I bought a ticket and I was like, you know what, I'm known to go with, but I I want to do something a boy myself for once. So I came to Miami, got a little airbnb, came to your show, and what was really cool I met I met some friends with people at my table and everything, and then we went to a bar right next door afterwards, I remember, and that's when we seen you outside and I came on stage. That was the first person who called up, which was awesome, cool experience, of course, and then we went to the.
Speaker 3: Shop plood wait, I oh you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what? Yeah, okay, now I'm remember I remember that because I thought I'm remembering it like you came with all these people and we all went, but no, you came alone.
Speaker 4: I just made friends, Yeah, friends while I.
Speaker 2: Was there yeah, yeah, you came alone and then there was some other people there and then we all went out together. That was a good time. I like Miami is fun, although Miami is.
Speaker 4: It's a little crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a little crazy. Like there's there's people, well there's people, like there's what's the strip It's not strip club, it's like a club club. It's called like ten ten or some shit like that. It's like, uh, I think it's I think it's called ten ten. They're they're parroting it in the New Grand Theft Auto Game, but it's like it's it fucking uh. It's Miami is a crazy city because like they'll be like a club that charges like one hundred dollars to get in, and the flying for it is around the fucking block, and it's like, who are all these people getting one hundred dollars to get into a night.
Speaker 4: We tried to go to that one. It was like live Live night club or live nightclub, I can't remember, but it's like the twenty four hour one and we waited in that line in the same spot for so long and we're like, you know what, we just got to go to a strip club or something. We got we gotta do something here.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was dude. It was such a fun time. Do you ever do you ever play like Fortnite or do you have like uhh Xbox at PlayStation? You play any kind of games?
Speaker 2: I play the Switch?
Speaker 3: What do you play on Switch? Uh?
Speaker 2: Right now I'm playing. I just bought The Grand Theft Auto the Definitive Edition, so I'm playing. Uh, I'm playing. I'm real. I'm playing the the San Andrea The Grand Theft Auto San Andrea's remake.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, because I play it on Xbox sometimes. But I've been waiting for the new one to come out, and I just seem that they pushed it back to like another year or something.
Speaker 2: They did they did do. I do genuinely wonder if that game will like increase tourism to Miami. I think it. I think it must. I think it as like like I have to imagine, I have to imagine that rock Star is like working with the fucking like Florida Tourism boarders. So they got to be doing something because there's no way it's not gonna I maybe, actually, I mean they're probably not because, as I assume you know, rock those games, those games don't always paint extremely flattering portraits of I mean, it's about I mean, it's a game about Yeah, I mean yeah, I guess I take back everything I'm saying. They're definitely not working with the Florida Tourism Board on a game where you where you run around Florida killing everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just go around Florida killing everyone, run them over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably probably not the best for tourism, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it will I probably assume it will increase. To her, I wonder if you know what, I wonder if that strip club that we went to is going to be in the game, bro, And if it is.
Speaker 4: We definitely got to play together and go in it together like as our characters.
Speaker 3: That'd be so cool.
Speaker 2: So who is your who? So you were here with hold? I sorry I lost track because I was talking to somebody else before.
Speaker 4: He was your friend, right, Yeah, So that's it's my best friend Alden and her and her boyfriend Jamal. They're from Alaska. So they flew from Alaska, and then you need to come to Alaska, she's saying. And then they came with Alden's roommate and her boyfriend Trent. So the four of them who went from Alaska. I'm from Florida, so I drove with Atlanta. We all met in Atlanta basically, and then we have our other best friend Megan and her boyfriend Evan, and they are from South Carolina, so they drove as well. We all met in Atlanta. That's kind of like our like meeting spot for Bonner run away, just so we have like sometimes to like get ready for it, go shopping together, do whatever, do our last minute things. And then we all drove to Bonny together and then, like Alden was saying, it got canceled after us being there for two days, so we had to hurry up pack our show up yesterday morning.
Speaker 2: It was fucking crazy and then yeah, what are you guys going to do with your day now that your clients have changed?
Speaker 4: So we're in Atlanta right now. Alden found an airbnb yesterday morning for us, so we're gonna stay here. We're thinking about going so there's like a botanical garden, so we're probably gonna take some musch from chocolate, I guess then like get a little get a little funny and like look at the potanical garden. We also saw there's like some karaoke bar close by in a trap house museum. So there's there's so much to do here. We have so much planned. But yeah, so we're just honestly, we're all like super bums from BONNERU. But we're all with like each other, which is the main part of what this was all about anyway, and being with our best friends. So we're we're living it up. We're living it up right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I think as you get older or I mean then I don't know if it's an age thing. I mean just in general, a pretty much. Well, I I was just gonna say, like what the actual thing you're doing is less important than like who you're doing it with. But can I can I talk to Alden Oldie Alden?
Speaker 5: Oh, of course you can talk to Aldi anytime. Love you get and listen.
Speaker 4: Like I said, we should play some like GKA or something together. That'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Maybe yes, maybe we'll see.
Speaker 3: I'm message sorry.
Speaker 2: I just I don't. I don't, I I uh, I don't play online video I only play one online video game if if I will play if I just I only play one online video game. I play Smash Bros Melee online and everything else. I just do alone. So I didn't want to and I don't want to sit I don't want to sit here. I also I don't like to lie. I don't want to be like we should totally do that, and then, knowing full I'm not gonna want to say that to you, knowing full well that I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 4: You don't have to make any promises, Okay, But because I'm kind of the same way, like when I get home from work, I'll smoke and play and then everyone keeps adding me and I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't even talk at that.
Speaker 4: Point, Like I just need to like go around and kill people on Fortnite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what I only play, you.
Speaker 1: Know, So I feel I feel you.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of the same way. But if anything can do like some some no mic, you don't even have to talk. We can just like fuck around and poot the city up together.
Speaker 2: Well, it was good. It was good reconnecting with you, Breed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, it was great talking to you. I'll uh, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: I'm sure beautiful you guys, hay Lyisle.
Speaker 2: Hey, Alda. I just wanted to because I know you called me so I wanted to, uh, before if I was gonna, I was gonna end the call, but before I did, I want I didn't know if you had a specific thing that you called in to want to talk about.
Speaker 5: No, honestly, I didn't even realize that. It was like, I didn't think that your voice would be this different or the phone like people say, but it kind of is. So I kind of got a little starstruck for a second and I had to pass it up to breathe and tell the situation. So now that I'm calm, I'm like, I just we just wanted to tell you about bon Ru. We're all just hanging out in the backyard, sweet man, trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm glad that you guys are enjoying life.
Speaker 5: We are, yeah, all friends together, hanging out. We only get those with each other like once maybe twice a year or so.
Speaker 1: This is the best time to do it.
Speaker 2: Alden, right, Yes, Alden is righting. Else you want say to the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 5: Go, Not so much of the people of the computer, but more like you, I want you to come up to Anchorage. We're up here and I've been putting a lot of people onto you. So I really want you to be able to like, I'll talk to a few people and see if I do it.
Speaker 2: I want I will hold you. So I've I have fucking since twenty twenty two, I have fucking tried to do a show. I want to do my live show in Alaska, but no Alaska. I I'm on a big kick now of like I want to make travel videos. That's kind of like the my my main quest in life right now. Yah, and so I have I have a few on the docket, but uh, yeah, Alaska is up there, so I'm definitely gonna but I'm definitely gonna go to Alaska sometime soon. I don't know if I'll be.
Speaker 5: Able to yeah show yeah siu or even just like, yeah, let us know when you're coming up, because that'd be cool, just like meet you. We can show you around you different places check out like glaciers and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to know what's going on over there. I'm sure there's a lot of people going insane in Alaska.
Speaker 5: I will say during the winter months, people are definitely going insane. During the summer, the sun is out most of the time, so a lot of people are feeling a lot better like seasonal depression wise, and just have so much more energy because the sun just gives it to you. You don't even realize it.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much for calling Olden, and good luck the rest of your entire life.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thanks for taking our call.
Speaker 4: By everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I you know, I didn't want to lie to breathe because here's the thing I have, Like, like I have people even like like in my like real life or whatever, who are like, oh, add me on the switch, and I'm like, no, I don't want to do. I only play i'll the best I'll i'll i'll I play people in Melee. That's the only online game that I play. Everything else is like I'm sitting alone playing like I like like linear story driven. We're gonna go from point A to point B.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: Even I probably won't even play GTA six online when it comes out. I have no interest in whatever. I'm sure that I'm sure that they're cooking up something big for GTA six online, but I have no desire to. I just want to be in the story mode, although they're probably gonna do some fucking bullshit that everyone does now where like you have to be connected to the Internet to play the single player. They pissed me out. All right, okay, do I have any other post call thoughts on this? I don't. I don't. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to By becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes. They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode.
Speaker 3: Find myself like mentally not being able to do the things that I want was able to do.
Speaker 2: That fucking guy is in you. The guy who loves I'm I want to grab you right now is Steven and by the collar of your shirt and tell you that that guy is in you. Not I not even in like a crazy motivational whatever the fuck. But because and I'm saying this because I too have a have a have a boy within me. It sounds weird, but I have a boy within me who who who deeply loves the earth, and I love and I love talking to people, and I love uh life and doing things and going out and being around people and chatting with people and being really extroverted, just truly from personal experience, I want to grab you and say that that the if motherfucker is still in there. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say. Again, goes on the line taking your phone calls every nine.
Speaker 3: Goes to is teaching you the line and expert