Speaker 1: So we have some dumb event housekeeping to do. I went to I've gone to a few events, as I guess a Kardashian now, I've gone to a few events recently. It was funny because in the last six months, like maybe like six months ago, someone who works with me, it was like, I want you to go somewhere, and I think it was the Blake Lively premiere because the same we haven't seen a picture of you on a red carpet since like years ago. Because I was the person that I found out actually at one of these events is an introvert, which I already knew, but the person who really thrived during the pandemic, like who extended it, who it gave license to be exactly who they really are and extended it and like milked it as if the pandemic was going on two years later. So I am now reacting to that and I'm in my adventure era and being social. But by being social, I'm really still not extroverted. I'm only extroverted with the person or the very few people that I'm with. I'm not one who wants to go out and start making conversation. I'm not the person it happened to me yesterday where someone puts me on speaker with someone else or face hime, hey, I'm over here. That is not me, Like, that's I shut down, you know, and someone's like, oh, hi, oh yeah, Jane's on here too, You're on speaker, Jane.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Instantly feel like someone has dug to the bottom of my purse has found a vial of cocaine and a syringe, and I've.
Speaker 2: Been completely violated.
Speaker 1: I just don't like it. I like to know who I'm on the phone with. I don't like surprise parties. I just this is what it is, Okay. So I think I'm a combination introvert extrovert. What I've heard is that extroverts are better at, like managing a bunch of people at a company.
Speaker 2: Introverts are better at being an entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: Obviously, there are many fifty shades in between, but food for thought, because I never heard that before and it really resonates. I am good at being a CEO. I despise managing people. I despise managing people. I despise having a big staff. I despise like a fucking bagel budget and like a closet with post its that an office supplies that staff members could take, Like I just don't.
Speaker 2: It's not for me, okay.
Speaker 1: And by the way, business is like that, like A'm Martha Stewart living on new media or in Rachel rayhead hers or people have a whole big thing like everything's in house. You can make more money. I don't give a shit. Money's not my most important thing. My sanity is in Managing people is not my thing. So I've been in my adventure era. I am a Kardashian now, so I've been in my social era. So I got invited to the Yellowstone premiere. I don't know if they know I'm a big fan of the show. I don't know if I've posted about it. Probably maybe don't know, but I am a big fan of the show. So I got invited to the premiere, and I brought a date with me. We'll get into that soon because that's a whole thing. My dating era, which in the beginning I was open about because I was going on dates and crazy things were happening, and I kind of tightened it up a little bit, and then I was photographed with someone in La and until I really post something I'm not looking, you know, for the worldwide international global media machine to talk about it, because I'll talk about it when I'm engaged or when it's you know, when I'm really really serious, or when this is it we're going the distance, you know, I'm getting married. So I brought a date to the Yellowstone premiere because I wanted to bring a date. I don't always want to go with a high school friend. I have good friends that I'll invite, but like sometimes I don't get it, like they don't get it with the red carpet or like your networking. And it's funny because I've tried to find people that I get along with well, that are independent, that can support you and be a good wing person, but also can like roll on their own, like Tim Dillon the podcaster. He's come to a couple of events with me, and he's a great plus one because he can chill, he can be independent, but he's also like there for you and you can talk to him, and I like him. And so it's an interesting thing, like trying to find people that I really enjoy going to things with. So and also sometimes it can be lonely, like something can feel like work if you're alone, and something can feel great if you bring someone. So the Cohen Wedding, when I talked about the Coen wedding, that was great to bring someone that you really want to bring. Bringing the wrong date to a wedding is nothing short of torture, and going alone is also nothing short of torture. So it's hard to find that right Goldilocks temperature. And I wanted to bring someone to the Yellowstone premiere. It's fun to get dressed up with someone. It's fun to go with someone, and especially if you like someone. And so I brought someone to that premiere, and it was a small premiere. It was really just the cast. It was the whole cast. Kevin Costner is no longer on the show. They did a good job of addressing that he's not on the show anymore. Let's just say that they did a good job of that. And it's a hard show to do without the protagonist, like without the tony soprano character. You know, Kevin Costner not being there made me want like his long lust evil brother, the way that in Succession they have the brother that is also the partner, like that is coming to take over the ranch and something but anyway, you'll see what happens. That's a different story. By the way, incidentally, I wore a three hundred dollars Norma Kamali dress and long hair extensions, and I looked like people said Demean Moore, Angelina, Jolie Elvira. Maybe I got more titsha. I think there was maybe one Kyle. But anyway, people loved this look.
Speaker 2: It was interesting.
Speaker 1: It was a very dramatic look, and it was very I don't know, people loved it. We're leaving the theater after the show and I guess I was still on my phone And we get to the after party and I'm sitting there and my date is hungry.
Speaker 2: He gets foo, we get a drink.
Speaker 1: It's like fine, you know that cast is lovely, but like I don't need to go meet any of them per se, Like they're sometimes shows you want the cast to like only be in that show, do you know what I mean? Like whether it was Kramer and George and Elaine, like they stick in that show like that's who they are. So this cast, it wasn't like I needed to see Beth outside of her character. And she's a British woman, you know, the redhead that has all the good lines on the show. So we just were sort of being alone doing that much. And then and then the photographer came and said, can I get a picture of you guys? And I haven't taken a picture with this date yet. That was like intended, right, and so they took a picture, and of course it had to be a big thing, which like, not everything is everything. I brought a date to the Yellowstone premiere, but it becomes international news and it's a whole big thing and all that. And I'm such a different person than when I was on reality TV and trained to share. I remember I used to be told you have to blog about the episode on Housewives, which meant that after the episode and after the thing was airing, you have to blog about it so you can have more reasons for them to trash you on the reunion and on watch What Happens Live, which will then feed out to the whole media. You would say more things, and that's what they'd be, like met Well, in your bog you said this person is useless, Like it was more access points to get yourself into fucking hot water trouble, none of what you're being paid for, Like it's fine what you're doing on camera. So back then, on camera, you were sharing your life. But for some reason I was trained that off camera I had to share my life. I never found out until like six months ago when Joe, my publicist, was like, yeah, you don't ever have to say you had a breakup? Like what because I had a pubisi this years ago. You know, people really want to hear what you think. Well, that's a touching fucking story. Like I used to respond to things because I was told I had to. So Joe Fritze was like, yeah, no, and she said, A list celebrities never comment. I never go, excuse me, did you just say A I mean who you talking? I mean I'm not a list, Joe, but oka, I'm glad you think I am. So anyway, So that was when I started like no witness protection, like whitsec, Like I don't want to say anything.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know when you need to know.
Speaker 1: You'll see another fucking honkin diamond on my finger. If I'm interested in, you know, wife being up, you'll be the first to know. But like you know, live and direct, I'll tell you when you need to know something. So I went to this event for Fortune, like the Fortune you know media company, the magazine Global Forum like Global Leaders Forum, and Boris Johnson was there, and Josh Kushner, you know of the Kushner family, and he has a big private equity fund.
Speaker 2: He was there. And at my table was a woman very high up at GM.
Speaker 1: She works under Mary Barrow, who's like top ten most powerful women in business, and that's one hundred and seventy billion dollar company GM. And I was talking to her about some of their new technology and cars. And it was a Colin Cowie event, and you know Colin Cowey's at the famous event planner. And we walked in and I brought a date who I said, I don't know what this is going to be, and I don't usually go to corporate events. We got invited, which was flattering and actually really smart of them. And my publicists, who doesn't specialize in like business in this way, specializes more in celebrity.
Speaker 2: She was like, I don't know much about this, but like this sounds good.
Speaker 1: And also it's always that we're trying to rinse you from like your former housewives life, and also like not just that, but I am a business person. I'm an entrepreneur. I have a philanthropic effort. I'm really much more of that than just like frosting red carpets just to show my you know, new French manicure. You know.
Speaker 2: I like I like business.
Speaker 1: I like talking to CEOs, I like hearing about different businesses, and I never go to kind of corporate events. So Colin Cowie was producing this event and we get there and they have women who have caviar like holsters on their you know, like it's not what it is on your belt, like when you have the belt thing.
Speaker 2: I think it's a wholester.
Speaker 1: So they've got caviar and they've got bleanies and they've got they're serving it like that and they're doing the same thing oysters.
Speaker 2: If that was really chic.
Speaker 1: As Colin said, he has a great husband who I met, which was interesting. And then we go into the dining room and they're doing like a retrospective since Fortune magazine started, and it was really so well done. I'm saying this to any of you who work at big corporations or have big corporations, because it's about spending money in business on something that makes sense. So this is their weekend, whether all these global leaders speaking, and there's a lot of learning going on. And the number one Fortune Leader of the Year is Elon Musk, and you know, the people on their list are gigantic, gargantuan. It's like they're a massive force. And for them to have hired Colin Cowie was extremely smart because he made this thing hip. And even though Glamor Magazine, where I went to their Women of the Year awards a couple of months ago, is more hip than like a Fortune because it's a fashiony female magazine. All of these things that usually go to still give corporate. If it's not like male corporate, it's still female corporate, which is also like touchy feely, and it's not it like girl power, girl boss, like touchy feely empowerment shit that people are forcing down your throats. And like the Glamour event that I went to recently, I'd love to know who planned that because that was just fucking modern and hip and cool and music and just good food and a good environment. And you know, they spent a lot less money than last year when it was at interestingly enough, Lincoln Center, the location for this Fortune event. I'm just saying I've been seeing a lot of elevation and the way people are doing corporate events, and it's not necessarily more money spent, it's more creativity spent and more thinking about just not checking the box with a rubber chicken dinner. So this was a retrospective but with amazing entertainment. Like back in the day when I used to produce events, I used to do the Rock on Alcatraz, the Grammys, the Emmys, the Howard Stern Private Parts premiere, the Gucci fashion shows, all the shit. This other by Jason was more on the fashion shows because he was this gay fashion guy, and I was more on the entertainment stuff, like I would do the Rock movie premiere, the kan Air movie premiere, the Howard Stern premiere. I was more on the entertainment stuff, which is perfect for my life now, and he was more on like the Gucci fashion show and all that shit. So but you know, we got to go to each other's events and be part of it and help each other.
Speaker 2: But really that's how it went. He'd deal better with the fashion people. I'd deal better with the you know, power bitch business entertainment people.
Speaker 1: So I know events and really the lighting and the sound are critical, like having good lighting, good moody lighting, and the food, yes, is important. But the entertainment like this retrospective going from nineteen twenties up to now was unbelievable. They had flappers and like the Roaring twenties dancers, but it was really quick entertaining. There were no speeches, no waterboarding us with bullshit that we don't need to know. Like frankly, even charity events are such bullshit to begin with anyway, because the definition of a charity event, this is not a charity event, by the way. I'm just saying, the definition of a charity event is to raise money, and I know they want to raise awareness for the charity, but they sort of feel like they have to tell you everything at the event when it's disingenuous to begin with.
Speaker 2: Doing charity should mean you don't need entertainment.
Speaker 1: Food, tablecloths, florals, linens, and fancy bougie people and locations to do good. So by sheer nature of the fact that you are having all that bullshit, you're already in a superficial environment, so you should for charity events, go the whole superficial way. Don't bother anyone with anything, give them a piece of paper to go home with, or tell them there's a link if they want to find out online and let them give you their money, because if they're entertained, they're going to give you their money. And this event was not a charity event, but it was for a global forum, and I bet people paid, whether they did or didn't like it was such good brand awareness for Fortune because every year people are going to want to go, and everyone was obsessed. So it went through the twenties to the like forties, fifties, sixties. You had the dream Girls, which were like the dream Girls. You had an amazing Michael Jackson rendition with a talent kids singing. You had Empire state of Mind that sounded like it was jay Z and at least it was just an excellent night. Food was not that great. Just I'm mentioning that because it's Colin Cowie and I'm never gonna give her a dishonest review. The food is fine. The steak was like American Airlines stake. The Karapiris suit was like too sweet and piecy.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like silky and velvety. And there was like this sort of like little skill that had a like sort of pop over in it, and it was soft, but it just wasn't it wasn't it. It wasn't really a popover. It was more like a soft piece of monkey.
Speaker 2: But it was fine.
Speaker 1: The food was absolutely fine. So but the people were amazing. And I sat next to a woman named Diane Brady, who can't believe her life because I've literally talked about her twelve times in the last week. It's unbelievable. But she's the one who said the introvert extrovert theory about CEOs and about extroverts being good people to manage teams and know a lot about a lot of different things, and introverts being good at being CEOs more of like the visionaries, more granular. And there was a man who was the CEO of holt Renfre, the the Canadian department store, and he used to be a netaporte. And if a corporate event is done well and really like with good choice of seating, seating the right people together, interesting conversations will be had. Let's just say that I sat at a table with a man who has a consulting firm and I talked to him about Loreal because he said that he does consulting for major companies, like multi billion dollar companies and their culture, and that he can change a company's culture in three and a half years. And I said, I want to know about Lorel's culture, because the way that they handled that Paris Fashion Week and the way that they operate is is if they're a small business. And he was like, they have an amazing culture, and he said, and it's because of this woman, Delphine, And I'm like, oh my god, that's the Hbiice Delphine that I know from France who's like anyway, so that my instincts were right about that culture. And then he told me a company that he said he would desperately like to work with that the culture is bad. And then he also said that Amazon has an incredible culture. And it's not just something that like you've had for years in your business that you're just gonna like say, this is what it is and it was forty years ago. You may have to change your culture. You may have to adjust, and not just do it because it's performative or because it's what you're supposed to do, but because it's the essence of the company and really creating a culture is critical, So I thought that was an interesting conversation. And then my data ended up showing him my video from Paris Fashion Week, and a bunch of people from the event came up to get a picture with me, and the woman at our table who worked for GM got really intrigued by me overall. And I don't know if she knew of me before. I think she did. I don't know, and I may be doing something with GM. I'm not going to say anything, but there may be a car coming to my house for me to see what I think, So I may be doing car reviews soon. Oh Handa had an electric automobile that I think is probably six figures.
Speaker 2: I think it's one hundred thousand dollars. It looked insane.
Speaker 1: It had like a pearl gray interior and that was in like the cocktail hour of this Fortune event, and my name was on the front like it was the future is insane. It said high Bethany in big capital like blue neon letters, like almost like a ticker tape on the front of this Honda four door, gorgeous, stunning electric sedan that I got into, and it was beautiful, and the way that the steering whel is you're holding it almost like you're holding an airplane, like you know that little like it looks like the end zone, like a goal post.
Speaker 2: You're holding those two. It was just a wild event. It was a great event. They did a great job and like that's how it should be. And it moved fast.
Speaker 1: We're out of there probably like nine o'clock, like peace out to corporate event.
Speaker 2: People are tired.
Speaker 1: Good food, good drinks, good company, good conversation, incredible entertainment, and keep it moving to to after, walk to the after