Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, excuse me, we're back. We're black, We're brown. And ambition ambition, ambition, ambitions.
Speaker 2: Hey Tiffany, see how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm hot, Like literally my glasses. If you're on YouTube, look what you're missing. My glasses are so fogged up because I just came from my hot ass upstairs to my basement, which is so nice and cool. Uh and yeah, science, lesson for you. Your glasses will fog up. But doing good. I made a fresh little watermelon mint fet of salads.
Speaker 1: Oh salad.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel fancy, it looks good.
Speaker 4: I'm not really good good. I'm not really a watermelon girl unless it's like that, Like I love it when it's like I've had one of these kind of like minty whatever and I'm like, ooh, this is.
Speaker 3: Good feta watermelon with a little bit of alamic. It'll make you feel so fancy and it's it's nice on like a hot ass day, just to have something cold like.
Speaker 1: Water, it has to be ice cold if it's gonna be by itself.
Speaker 2: Watermelon, a warm watermelon.
Speaker 3: Do you know I went to like I was like I went to a farm and they were given out tastes and you know, obviously the watermelon was just picked, it's been sitting in the hot sun. It makes it sweeter. But I was like, this feels like I'm it just felt wrong, like it just should not be eaten warm.
Speaker 1: Gotta be cold.
Speaker 2: Watermelon will tell me.
Speaker 3: Tell you The price of fruit like seriously impacts families with children, because my children love their fruit and they would like organic if you please, because it's sweeter and juicier. And if I try to cheap them off with like the you know, two for two for four containers of blackberries and blueberries or whatever, they're like, no think.
Speaker 2: Could you? It's really a good life skulls.
Speaker 4: I saw where someone said, parents whose children are going through the fruit bas how broke are you?
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was a fruit brace.
Speaker 3: It just never ends, it's like always. And now Remy likes strawberries. He didn't like strawberries and now he likes them. And I'm like, they're so pricey, especially when the the off season. Listen, y'all gotta buy it frozen. Buy it frozen, You'll save more money. Frozen strawberryes, well, frozen vegetables. Vegetables Obviously, like it's not good to eat. They're all like mushy and stuff. But my savings hack is that all the veggies that they eat are pretty much frozen organic okay, because you can steam them. And but the fruit is where I splurge, because yeah, they love watermelon. Oh my god, remy, that baby can eat his weight and some watermelon. He'll be like drippin down to his elbows. I just take a shirt off and let him rock. I'm like, it'll be free, little watermelon.
Speaker 4: It's baby read like These babies read like they're they're like the manual, right, They're like, okay, So now that I'm in the free face, I couldn't believe it because I know fruit is so expensive.
Speaker 1: They're like this food face.
Speaker 4: No, I went on blue berries with of course it's got to be the most expensive.
Speaker 1: But nobody wants cadaloon. Nobody wants how do you do?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: And to be fair, why why do we even bother? But tis the season for that? Gosh, I haven't well you talked a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, fourth of July phone, little playing fourth of July.
Speaker 2: So how has I read July fourth? Yes?
Speaker 4: How did you spend I went to the shore for the full week. This is like maybe my fourth or fifth year doing this, like going to the shore. Yeah, well, not necessarily for the Fourth of July, but every summer for the last four or five years, I've been going to the shore run to Airbnb. And in the beginning I did it just to go by myself. But then even during that time, I invited my sisters for one day, and then I think Abrel came down and then I realized, oh, I like this, So now I rent for a week and have a rotation of family and friends that come through. And so it's like such a great tradition. But it I mean, it was what's happening? It was so pricey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, do you have like the one place that you go to each year or do you keep upgrading?
Speaker 4: Well, there is this one place that I used to go to, but they were booked because of course I waited till the.
Speaker 1: Last minute, and so unfortunately Greg was booked.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, Greg, no, because you know, well, maybe I shouldn't use his name either way, I've said it, so I mean, come on, no, no, here's why only because like you know, after staying there for like two years straight, Greg's like, well, I know, you're not crazy, and you keep the place clean and you're a great so why don't we take this offline?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 4: I said, let's do it, which is a risk, you know, A meaning that what I can just rent directly from him save a few hundred.
Speaker 1: Bucks, which is what we've been doing, which is great.
Speaker 4: It's too Yeah, so of course he makes more because I don't know how much Airbnb takes. Let's just say twenty thirty percent. You know, I don't think, I know, I don't. To be fair, I'm not sure. I think they take maybe fifteen percent either way. Yeah, so yeah, yeah, I'm curious what percentage does Airbnb take? So he did, you know, lets me save you know, I don't know, five six hundred dollars, which is not a little bit of money. And you know, so I called him because well I have his number, so well we text and I was like, oh, it's that time of year again. He was like, oh, tim to Day told you the book early, so that week fourth of July was taken, so I had to stay in another place.
Speaker 1: And when I let me see how much it costs tonight.
Speaker 2: He should have got your heads up when someone tried to book he should have been like.
Speaker 4: Well, he's like, girl, we trying to make money, not friends. I know, I know all, but I though, I so Greg's place is five five bedrooms. This new place that that book was eight bedrooms and eight from the pictures looked very beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh I know this is going.
Speaker 4: It's just it was so it's an older home. And actually his name is not Greg. Of course his name is not Greg.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 4: I didn't say your name like I was, like, of course, I just did a nondescript white bear name, but that's not my name.
Speaker 1: It was so one.
Speaker 4: They used this company called Evolve. I guess, you know, like that's like you know, I guess it's one of these like Area. I guess they must be like a management company and so one. What I didn't like is that one you can't they don't like respond to any messages because I have a friend of mine that had some mobility challenges and I wanted to make sure, you know, because what I liked about Greg's house is that there's a bedroom on the first floor. And I said, oh, with eight bedrooms, I'm hoping there's at least one bedroom on the first floor. Plus my dad is gonna come he's eighty four. I'd like that too. So they did not write back to me, like I you know, I booked it, but it took a month and they didn't write back until a week before you know, we were scheduled to chill.
Speaker 2: Oh that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I was like, mark off that two.
Speaker 4: Although the location excellent and the outside of the house is giving ten out of ten, but it's an older home. And I did min cause I do my nosy little research. What I found is that this couple who owns this home, he's a corporate banker I think he's retired, and she's a flight attendant.
Speaker 3: I thought you're going to be like, they bought the house for such and such, but you know details about.
Speaker 1: The well, no, they gave it.
Speaker 4: They had a little book where they told you their business where they're like, Hi, I'm such and such, I'm a OK. This is my wife, Susan not her real name, and you know I'm a flight attendant. We're retired, blah blah blah. So I was like, yayea, yeah. So I looked up one of my friends, Rihanna, who came to stay with her family. Rihanna, Jermaine and Olivia. They came, you know, for a few days to stay. Rihanna's a realtor and also she's the one who does you know, who did all the design and stuff in my house? And so she's like, ooh, let's see how much they paid for this house. So they paid over a million dollars girl, for this house. I mean, it looks like worth it, especially for Jersey near the shore, three blocks from the beach. But the problem is, so they bought it last year. So it's not their quote unquote fault, but whoever had the house before didn't do some basic maintenance with an older home. So this home was built in the eighteen something hundreds. That's according to you know, their little booklet. So my house now where I live, it was built about one hundred years ago a little over. I think my house was built in nineteen nineteen, and this house was built in the eighteen hundreds, and somebody is just now getting to.
Speaker 1: Fixing the foundation. So the house was leaning. Uh girl.
Speaker 4: There were definitely parts of the house where I'm like this, So Wiltors will call it the marble test, where you put a marble and you're like oh no, no, no, And so Jermaine, who is an engineer by trade. Rihanna's husband. He was like, let me see these pilings. He was like, it's a choice issue. So it was, you know, there were definitely parts of the house so it didn't feel like it was like, you know, the house is huge, so it didn't feel like it was like actively shifting. But definitely, I'm like, m they knew the house was leaning, girl, because every dresser had like you know, how you put like sticks or whatever to like even out. Every room had something where evening and out, evening out, and so it made it a little uncomfortable, especially.
Speaker 1: People with mobility issues. I said, you knew leading before you put.
Speaker 4: It on this, and so that was one and it just I don't know, like I just I felt like it wasn't as comfortable as the pictures would suggest. Of course, one thing I will say about Greg's listening. You could tell he's just some man. He just snapped the pictures as is girl. When you walk in and you're like, oh, this is it doesn't look fancy the old house where I rented like before, and it's exactly like there was no surprises. This house looked I'm gonna send you like the.
Speaker 3: Because they got those good Airbnb for girls.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I prefer like, let me just know for real, for real, because when you got in there and you're like, it does look like.
Speaker 3: This but not really online dating when you know the guys put a hat on and like I love a baldi.
Speaker 2: I think it's sexy af but like when you hide it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna see your face and.
Speaker 3: You know, like and then when you meet on it, it's just like why set yourself up to be played?
Speaker 1: Like the point do you have your phone with you? Take a look?
Speaker 4: I just sent to you, like the link to you don't have we're live, yes, do it? Take a look? So it's not giving all the it's showing here girl, it doesn't. It looks amazing here, doesn't m hm. So anyway, they're gonna be getting a three stars. Look amazing, girl, I was so excited.
Speaker 1: Stunning is not giving stuff very.
Speaker 4: Like cozy And yeah, it wasn't the worst. Wait, I give it a three, a solid three. You know certainly wasn't the worst, but for what I paid. So let's see like what I paid, so all in all, like I mean, while they have fully great reviews, nine four.
Speaker 1: Point nine two. I said, maybe these people just have you know, low standards probably.
Speaker 3: And you were with an interior designer, But do you think without even them you would have noticed like.
Speaker 1: The yeah, because my sister was like, why is this house leaning? What about?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: That was a menstrual art right there? What's on that girl? What's on that piano?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: It is art?
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, these people are blackol.
Speaker 1: No, very much.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you mention that? Because that is what's saying.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry we bumped into your piano and these these you know, black bigger artifacts of racism.
Speaker 1: Tracy was like, in the entire girl, that whole room, that whole I guess you want to build an eighteen win eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 4: But the one of the f eighteen the woman, I believe this is a European like, you know, like from Spain or whatever. So this whole room was all black people in his room, I guess that's their music room. So it's like it was giving very much.
Speaker 2: I'm still like confused.
Speaker 1: I was too. I was like, okay, it was a lot baker every black.
Speaker 2: Oh. No.
Speaker 3: State farm agents are small business owners too, so they know how to help you choose personalized policies that fit your needs, like a good neighbor state farm is there. Talk to your local agent today anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I mean, like I said, the size of the house was was was a good side.
Speaker 1: The location was great. Externally was great.
Speaker 4: You could tell back in the day this house was a stunner. It just unfortunately has not been taken care of in a way like all the floors were new and this and that, and it was like, yeah, but the house is leaning. And so just so you know, because I mean, we're gonna be honest about costs. So let me see, like what they're currently charging for now. Let me see does it show like how much it is per night. I'm just trying to see. Let me see, you have to do a minimum of seven stays seven stays seven seven like a seven stay like seven days. I'm sorry, yes, And so right now, if you were doing seven days, it's seven.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and thirty six dollars.
Speaker 4: And so when it's all I know, So when it all shook out for me, it was about like with taxes and everything else, about eight thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars give for take god zign.
Speaker 1: So it was not a little bit of money.
Speaker 2: And so normally it's for a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: So for for for Greg's house, I usually pay I want to say, about five thousand, fifty five hundred dollars, so it was more. Yeah, and they're same amount of distance from the beach. This one is an Asberry park.
Speaker 3: That one was not their income for one week of a visitor. So if they have the whole place booked out, god damn.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Well usually you have to think summertime because this is a Jersey shore, so yeah, people are not. Yeah, and not to say nobody nobody books in the summer, I mean nobody books in the winter.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but you.
Speaker 4: Figure, let's just say, let's just say it's eight thousand dollars a week for I don't know how many weeks in the summer, twelve weeks.
Speaker 1: How much is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wait?
Speaker 1: What how much is? Because you know I like to run people.
Speaker 3: Eight thousand times twelve is like ninety six thousand.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, I say ninety six. Yeah. These people a yeah, I'm back, they sure is. So did you write that? Did you write a review? No?
Speaker 1: But I am finn to right, I just got back yesterday.
Speaker 3: People should know people, yeah, because when we talk to money, I want you know, I want perfection. I don't know about perfections. I think even rich people got problems, you know what I mean. You got the can can control everything, but a creaky foundation and like little pieces of cardboard propping up furniture is pretty like broke, bitch. And then also the menstrual art is really throwing. That's like a hot, flaming red flag in the middle of all of this, And I wouldn't mind putting that in there, like if you're gonna have if you're gonna be an Airbnb property, an Airbnb caught a lot of shit for being, you know, for black people not being able to get, yeah, to find rentals as easily like black travelers. And they used to call it, wait, isn't there now?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: That's why, you know, that's why all these like travel Noir and these black focused travel companies you know, are really important, but they call they caught a lot of shit for that before George Floyd, I think it was before that whole summer of reckoning. And so I would I would, honestly, I'd be like, you guys need to know that this is uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: We are a black family.
Speaker 3: Our money is just as good as anyone else's, and this makes us feel like I don't want to put work in your mouth, but it would make me feel very uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Because choice it was like everybody said, literally everyone said, they're like, do black people live here? Like, before I start to do black people live here? I was like, no, here's the guest book. Here is these two very very very non black people. They're like, oh, well, then, yeah, what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: So if they did, like, even if we did, I wouldn't have I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about when I bought my house and I walked in, I knew a black family lived here because they had this really adorable like black husband and wife, like salt and pepper shakers, and they looked kind of like Aunt jemimha E, which you know is but that's not really fair because I know my family, like a lot of my elder relatives, they do have like little trinkets and stuff that are menstrually. But hm, they thought they were doing something without being the so was on that giant piano, you.
Speaker 1: Know, because I told you that whole room was nothing but black faces on the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's giving.
Speaker 3: I don't like it. Yeah, I doesn't get write that review vibes make it. How many start are you thinking?
Speaker 4: I'm thinking three only because that the physical like outside was great. The location was perfect, you couldn't it was literally right next to like a ten minute walk if you wanted to go downtown with all the restaurants, another seven minute walk to the beach.
Speaker 1: The neighborhood was beautiful.
Speaker 4: You know, and externally the house was giving ten out of ten, you could tell this is it's a beautiful I love a historic home. It's a beautiful historic home. So I felt like a strong three felt there. Okay, yeah, so I mean so I'm still I'm still in the search because I feel like one thing I will say that I did like better is that the fact that it was eight bedrooms because everyone was really comfortable. So I would like to find I'm gonna keep searching, like you know. If not, you know, I can always go back to Greg. But I would like to find a place that you know, is you know, it gives the amount of bedrooms, but ideally I would like at least one bedroom on the first floor because it's the same people that come with me, and I want them to feel really comfortable. My friend who came with us at that, you know, had the mobility challenges. She said the stairs were at least wider, and they weren't really it wasn't a high pitch, so she, you know, she was able to manage and Thankfulay they did have a full bathroom on the first floor, so that was great.
Speaker 1: So she was like, Okay, you know so.
Speaker 3: But you know, I feel like if you had booked it and then you hadn't known, you know, because they were I think that corporate feel of Airbnb is what makes it so when I was I just booked an Airbnb for myself because I'm going to California later this month, and I really tried to I try to look for an individual owner because there are so many. They were literally hotels that I had just priced yes on Airbnb.
Speaker 2: It just looks familiar.
Speaker 3: What and it'd be like a different price point than what they had on their website. And I think that's so shisty. I don't know why airmbab allows that. I mean, well, I know why, because they will take their money anyway they can, just like door Dash and Uber Eats and stuff. They get a cut from businesses that advertise on their site, But I excuse me, I really wanted to find an individual owner. I like to have someone who's like, I'm a woman's traveling alone. I like to know that someone's like I like the idea of being in the guest house, so there's like someone in the you know, the regular house and all of that. But there is this like huge I mean, it's been happening for years, but yeah, the corporatization of Airbnb, it's for me, it's it's still unique because you can find those gems that are owned by We have this beautiful place, we property that we own or sorry, that we rent every summer in the Catskills, and we do feel like the owners have become friends and you know, and and it's very like familiar in that way, and it's it takes away.
Speaker 2: I think that was the.
Speaker 3: Spirit of Airbnb in the beginning. Well they and the real spirit was literally an air bed on the fire. But anyhow, and I just saw that in Barcelona they're literally today this is on Monday. But yeah, by the time you guys hear it, you can look this up. In Barcelona, there are locals throwing things at tourists right now, like throwing things at them while they're eating and spraying them with water to protest against this rise in tourism, this rise because it's not just affecting you know, it's not just like clogging up their neighborhoods. It's also running up home prices. So there's been like a not just home prices, rent prices. I think I saw it was something like sixty percent increase in housing prices in Barcelona, and tourism is one of the big things, but begerflow there because the people, the people are fighting back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's like what do you do right, Because you want to go to places and you want to enjoin them, but the same time you don't want to displace people who live there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I think, well, these and you know, and I don't think that's the right thing to do at all. It's not like travelers are always going to want to explore new places. I think that they were really protesting is like I said, these corporations that are buying up all these properties and flipping them like you're you're a rich banker person who could afford a million dollar house on me, and so the housing market, you know, is competitive for them because they have the dollars. But for those of us who want to own something because they're willing to pay so much and then use these and they can justify the price because they're going to be making ninety six thousand dollars over a few months, you know, they can justify that, whereas just a family who wants a humble eight person home, eight bedroom house on the beach in Jersey. But like just a family, you can't really justify that or be able to afford it. So I understand it, but obviously, like it's not nice to throw things at tourists because we are also I feel like at the mercy of what's available. And if Airbnb is letting these corporations fucking like advertise their properties, then that's what it is, you know, that's.
Speaker 4: What happened, because like it's so crazy, because you know, I did never would have thought i'd see the da where corporations enter into the single family home market, because they used to tell you before, Like if you I remember when I first started to look to purchase a home and I thought, oh, maybe I'll invest in real estate. It was like every single book told said, the worst investment that you can make is a single family home. Now, if you want to buy a single family home for yourself, because this is primary you know, like we're your primary resident's fine, But as an investor in real estate, that's the worst investment. That was like branded tattooed. This is what the girls are saying. And now the fact that corporations are getting into single family homes, it's crazy, Like, you know, they changed the airbnb rule in New York because it's like, oh, there's not enough you know, apartments or homes or whatever available for regular people. And so of course really it's just hotels lobbying, and so they made like, you know, they changed what could be in airbnb, and so very few people made the cut. So a friend of mine owns a bunch We actually had him on the show.
Speaker 1: His name is Jude.
Speaker 4: A friend of mine has a bunch of properties in Brooklyn that he started buying. He was born and raised in Brooklyn. I don't think he was born I think she's Hahit. I think he was born in Haiti. Either way, he has a bunch of properties in Brooklyn that he started buying in his twenties. And so He said that he in the beginning was very conscious about making sure that his properties were purchased that the ones that he airbnb in a specific type of way. So he was like, wow, I'm so glad I did that because when they changed the rule, it didn't affect me because.
Speaker 1: All my homes followed the rules.
Speaker 4: And you know, he's like, it's not that now more people have places to buy and live. What it just means now is that hotels are just now charging more because they're like, hey, hey, you can't airbb anymore, We're just going to charge more in their own like and so it's just such an interesting Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just in New York, I was wondering about what the law was, and it's yeah, it came into it came into place last year.
Speaker 2: Yes, it bans. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is what made airbnb really un impossible or almost impossible for companies because you have to register with New York and the only people, only those who live in the place they're renting and are present when someone is staying can qualify. And people can only have two guests, so that rental in Jersey is not even like legal. And I think, let me make.
Speaker 1: Sure even in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: This is in New York City.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I'm just saying, like where you were that was fine, but if they wanted to go to New York City, that.
Speaker 2: Would be illegal because you don't have two guests.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I mean, And I'm not mad at that, because like New York City was hard to find a place in before Airbnb, Like could I have afforded to I was living in when I moved here in twenty ten, I was living in Astoria, which was not the cute and sexy like you know place that it is now where all this like all the actors and artists live in Astoria and it's like this bustling hot neighborhood. Back then it was like you live in Queens, but you know, basically be like fucking commuting from Philly. I feel like, yeah, they're about living to work in New York.
Speaker 2: Now, it's wild. It is a cult.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy, right, These are just crazies have because You're right, how things start versus how.
Speaker 1: They've been in.
Speaker 4: It's like people literally like people have fleets of cars for uber. I'm like, wait, what that was never the case, whereas before it was just like hey, I got a car, and you know, I can make some extra money.
Speaker 2: Corporate greed is.
Speaker 3: Real, yes, And if I had a billion dollar company, it's going to be really hard to not want to take it and go public and you know, be on Wall Street and then the you know, the founders go fly a kite somewhere, fly a golden kite, and they have forever changed the economy, forever changed the economy, and we're still dealing with the after effects. I mean it's yeah, kray S.
Speaker 2: Who to solid or.
Speaker 4: Sow good even now, like I'm like currently, I told you by the time I told you I.
Speaker 3: Moved, you know, good valid corporate greed. Two things is gonna be true.
Speaker 4: I used the no I told you how I moved, and I had to used piece of cake moving company because you know, we.
Speaker 3: Did names like a piece of shit, and I really set themselves up for that joke, do you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I had to do it. I had to say it.
Speaker 4: I got my money back from them, you know, so I will say excellent, you know, and so but you know they left things like my bed and some other things. So I hired a local mover. You know, it's literally called two guys with the truck, which I'm like, yes, I love that. So they were here today and they were great and some you know, just thinking about I will say though, the cost that I thought I was saving with the you know, like what I basically paid the the the.
Speaker 1: You know, the piece of cake pie.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like what I'm paying for like these guys moving And I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: So they have very clever ways of pricing things that you feel like, you know, but is it because when they got there, they were like, oh this is way more work.
Speaker 2: That's the price is going to be higher.
Speaker 4: No, it's like so for a piece of cake or whatever, it was maybe like nine hundred dollars, I want to say, but that was to like pack up each room like literally, I just they just they packed up all my clothes, put it in boxes, you know, And so that was like nine hundred dollars. But you know that was for like, you know, my bedroom, Melissa's bedroom, Yeah, the whole well, you know, not the kitchen, you know, because you know, my sister's gonna live here. But so I was like, okay, nine hundred dollars and then to move it and then to put it away, not put away, just put the boxes up, and so that was about nine hundred, right, But these guys, you know, they're moving my mattress, Alissa's mattress, some chairs, nothing crazy, and that's like eight hundred dollars and I'm like, well, damn, it's significantly less stuff that they're moving.
Speaker 1: So basically, I mean, I guess.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't have to, you know, Pizza Cake gave me my money back, but so but I'm having to give it right to these people, which is fine. But I'm just really shocked at pricing because so what it tells me is that piece of cake. I wasn't sure because you know, how often do you move? I wasn't sure price wise, what was like fair? And so now I'm like, piece of cake, pricing actually isn't bad. It's just not to me a good service because but for the pricing, yes, the pricing isn't bad because this is what these guys are charging me for relatively way less work.
Speaker 2: How many hours of work do they do for like.
Speaker 4: So eight hundred dollars or eight something is for about three hours worth of work for two dudes to like move stuff, you know, And so piece of cake, it wasn't they didn't charge by the hour. It was more so how many rooms and what else and and that that would have included like my mattresses, all the stuff, the chairs, everything else. And to pack up I think three different rooms and to completely pat like my office, my bedroom, actually like my my my Oasis room which is basically like a nursery next to my bedroom that like I've turned it to like oasis, and Alissa's room. So to pack up four rooms and to bring all the heavy furniture that was like nine hundred, which is pretty good. Well that's the quiet price they quoted me. Who knows what it, you know, would have shaken out to be. But I got that money back only to turn around to give it to these guys who for three hours it's basically like eight dollars or eight fifty or something.
Speaker 2: They did less technically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just like, okay, that's a piece.
Speaker 2: I wasn't connecting the dots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I was just like, you know, it's just curious about like moving prices. I mean, I don't know net net you know, I mean, you gotta pay to move. But you know, I'm not mad people charge what you want to charge.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking they also know, thank god you weren't doing a cross country move because.
Speaker 1: The horror stories that I people steal your.
Speaker 3: Stuff just like fucking for losing it, like my mom had all her Does she ever get her stuff back? Because she's had so many cross country moves? Laura, Laura doesn't be on the move, y'all. She's a She's like, oh, I don't know where you get your adventurism fun And I'm like, mom, me on the move, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy, that's that's funny.
Speaker 2: I was gonna make a husband's joke, but she listens, so I can't do it. Thanks mom.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I don't know if y'all got moving stories you want to share with us, or Airbnb stories or if you know an amazing airbnb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Airbnb stories, nightmares.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would love you know, like as value some you know, I will say net net even though eight thousand dollars obviously a lot of money to but if I were to have bought, like or paid for specific rooms, it's significantly less than like eight bedrooms for a whole week times house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so then I think they expect you to split the expense, I guess.
Speaker 3: But so do you when you invite like friends, for example, do they chip in.
Speaker 1: Or I just say, just come.
Speaker 2: Generous, just come. Oh that's so nice.
Speaker 4: Honestly, my ideal would be to like rent a house for like two weeks to a month and just be like, everybody, come, Mandy, bring the cad you know, like, to me, that is what the money is for. You know, y'all know, I'm like, I'm always wearing my target's best. This is actually this is either target to marshals that I'm wearing right now. Definitely the pants.
Speaker 2: Yes, you spend the money where.
Speaker 4: Yes, for me, that's meaningful, you know. And obviously not that eight thousand dollars is not a little bit of money. Oh my gosh, hold on, Mandy, did the joys? They're trying to get my refrigerator.
Speaker 2: It couldn't not fit through the door.
Speaker 4: No, with the old building is so tricky, you know, they didn't expect us to be gluttonous and have this big stuff.
Speaker 2: And so when you're just telling you RecA like we need another room, frig.
Speaker 1: And so it's like, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Just when I go to people's houses, I'm like, where do you keep this? You're like, oh, it's in the other fridge, and I'm like, duh, not me fighting with my.
Speaker 2: Fridge every day. We don't mean like.
Speaker 3: I'm like Hermione and Harry Potter with the bag, you know, like where she has the bag and it's just a small bag and it's like, oh, but the entire world's in there.
Speaker 2: That's my refrigerator. My husband's like, babe, it won't fit.
Speaker 3: I'm like, roll up the seat, get the crimsto out, grease something my elbows, because that's just gonna make it fit.
Speaker 2: I know you're wanna make it fit.
Speaker 1: So moving.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you know, you just have to close your eyes and saying it's gonna cost.
Speaker 3: Today, it's gonna cost end. Yes, well, it took good place for a break, you break.
Speaker 1: It is a good place.
Speaker 2: Were we talking about something more than no?
Speaker 1: No, I was just gonna say love to hear your airbnb story.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, okay, yeah, because like and also do in my nose, like a really great airbnb down the shore and you're like, maybe you have one sliding in the DM show. I'm always open to see because I'm gonna book early this year for next year.
Speaker 2: Very smart, very wise.
Speaker 3: R I b A Fanily will take a quick break and be right back with our brown boost brown break.
Speaker 2: And where about now you do it?
Speaker 3: You do it really and and we are back.
Speaker 2: It's time for the brown booze brown Break.
Speaker 3: I don't know the song, so it's sad.
Speaker 2: I know the song.
Speaker 1: I always forget.
Speaker 2: Were gonna boost?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna break? What you're gonna do? What you're gonna take?
Speaker 4: Ah, you gotta boost a break? You want to go for a second, how you want to do it?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do a boost tapoos because this was too cute. I love this couple.
Speaker 3: So elections, oh quick boost for France because they did not elect the far right, the far right people in France, the Trumpians.
Speaker 2: The Trompez Trumpet, they did not win.
Speaker 3: And I think that this is really going to boost up I think those of us in the US, because I know tiff I, I want to put your business out there, but you've been saying things that leave me to believe you given up on us.
Speaker 2: Up, we got this girl, We.
Speaker 3: Got to believe. We have to show up to the polls because you know, you know who was able to say France love people looms whatever?
Speaker 2: No, they really did.
Speaker 3: It was a record voter turnout really yes, And so I think we can look to France. So in France, yeah, the far right, their elections work really differently. I won't pretend to know everything about it, but the fact that they were not able to gain a majority power in the country is incredible.
Speaker 2: And like I said, record voter turnout.
Speaker 3: I don't like the idea that we're feeling like, oh, it's whatever, it's out of our hands. Trump is this Trump is that I'm like, But it actually is and it has always been in our hands. Like we have ourselves to thank for the four years we had with Voldemort, and we will only have ourselves to think if we give him another four years. And the only way we can do that is by losing that fire and losing that that power.
Speaker 2: That we have. We are truly, truly the ones who have the power.
Speaker 3: And when we forget that, that is when and when we let ourselves forget it, and when they want us to forget it. To be honest, and I think I needed this surge and excitement. That was not my original Brown boost, but I just merc France, Okay, But my real boost that was a good one. My real boost is this couple I brought up friends because uh, one of they're the Woodhalls on Instagram, and I saw this clip of them was going viral because the husband or yeah, they he is a paralympian. I think he's lost both of his legs, okay, and she is a long jumper, like a track and field star and they how were celebrating after she made the Olympic team for track and field and her long jump was just like exquisite. But this beautiful moment when they were hugging had gone viral, and I started to follow them on Instagram because they have like a joint account, which might be cringe to some, but I think it's really wholesome and cute because they're both athletes and he's a paralympian. So if you haven't just shout out to uh, what are their first last names?
Speaker 2: One a second Tara Tarah Davis.
Speaker 3: Woodhall and Hunter Woodhall just the cutest couple. And I think they're both going to be in the Yeah, he's going to be in the Paralympics and she's going to be, you know, in the other main Olympics.
Speaker 1: Which is that I love that. I love that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna boost as well, because speaking of the White House, your girl got invited back. Okay, yes I am you girl, I'm back back. Actually I'm going to White House. And then the week after I got invited to the Vice President's house for black people, blacks and business. Are they going to be there? Is Kamala going to be there to talk to him? Like the black business owners? So I'm going back.
Speaker 2: People me and me said, she said, oh, yeah, I know. That's the way all the time.
Speaker 4: First of all, even when I told her, she was like I was telling her mother, She's like, so you're going back?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you getting a tour?
Speaker 4: Because remember she asked me to go, And I'm like, so now I got to go and beg them for a tour for her because she does want to get that in my.
Speaker 2: Crier, you will not have to beg So I am going.
Speaker 4: So there is they're having. So here's what's happening. Senator Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senator Elizabeth Warren, who I love, Senator Raffi or Warnock we all know. And Representative Ayana Priestley. You know, she's a woman who I think you know she shaves her head because I don't know if it was cancer.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so Presley yes.
Speaker 4: So they're having a congressional briefing on the state of student loan debt. So yeah, So I'm excited because I get to discuss what's been done on student loan debt, cancelation, guidance on eligibility for cancelation programs, and ways that we can best share a message around student loan debt. Honestly, So they're inviting a bunch of us. This is actually is gonna be pretty intimate, which I heard.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, but we look to get intimate with I mean, oh my god, but they're not.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, be in an intimate setting.
Speaker 3: No, Also, I would love to talk to them Schumer, Warren and Presley and Warnock.
Speaker 2: Really that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm excited about that, you know what.
Speaker 4: No, I'm here to listen and just say, you know, this obviously affects so many of our people. So this is they've gotten smart and smarter because look at the run of show. Right first, the optional Capital tour, which I'm taking, you know, much to Amelia's anchor.
Speaker 2: Where can she go?
Speaker 4: No, I think because you can just do a tour tour because there's more to it than this, and then there's a briefing on student loan debt cancelation. That's that comes next, and then welcome by members and then literally they have it on the run of show time for contact creation, which I think is hilarious. They're like, take your tiktoks and then we're going to visit to the majority leader balcony and then build back together happy hours. So yeah, so I'm excited that, you know, I get to go and learn more about stud alone debt and bring it on.
Speaker 1: Back to y'all.
Speaker 2: Bring it on? That isn't it a the Franklin song?
Speaker 4: I don't know, bringing back, bringing home back to y'all.
Speaker 2: It's gonna bother me, now what is the lyric? Okay? Uh?
Speaker 3: That is awesome and no student loan debt. So you guys are there. Are they gonna be presenting to you or are they looking for y'all's input.
Speaker 4: No, They're they're presenting to us, and they might ask questions, but to mainly say like, this is what's currently happening, this is what programs you know are available, Here's what as ability looks like. Honestly, they just want us to spread the good word obviously, which you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, which is important and I think we should also know. So that's one thing that Biden. I don't think they even discuss student loans at the debate, but he has canceled a lot of debt a lot, Yeah, like a lot.
Speaker 4: So I'll keep eye on my ig because I will be posting about it as it happens, like and sharing, like you know, all statistics and things, and if you have questions, keep it cute though, because you know my block game is strong.
Speaker 3: You know, you're one of the people who've gotten those forgiveness or canceling talent messages some of my followers have and I'm just like, can't imagine the feeling.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, all right, y'all. Well, we'll be back in Black Out of Never.
Speaker 3: You guys for the b a QA see us on Mondays for a throwback Caliback Monday episodes. So now three times ba every week.
Speaker 1: You're I love that for y'all.
Speaker 2: I love that for you.
Speaker 3: Oh, before we go, can I read a review? Yes, we have a couple of new ones, y'all. These reviews, I mean just every time I come and there's a few new reviews. It feels really special. I know that, like we love getting male, you know, like snail mail with a thank you note.
Speaker 2: But these reviews make us feel like genuinely.
Speaker 3: So warm and fuzzy that you take the time to write such thoughtful reviews. Last time I shouted out it's take, so today I will shout out it was just four emojis.
Speaker 2: It's a rose, it's a kiss.
Speaker 3: Nah, it's a little heart, and it's a black power fist.
Speaker 2: All right, that's how I'm interpreting it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And this is from so the headline is just three fire emoji. I love it, they say. I love listening to Mandy and Tiffany. I love how they put an eye at the end of your name too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I have also utilized many of the free U sources they offer on their websites, and I keep up with them on social media. Their insights on finances and career moves have given me more confidence to negotiate my salary and take charge of my financial health. Definitely recommend their podcast Three Exclamation Works.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that, you guys.
Speaker 3: These reviews matter not just to make us feel warm and fuzzy, but also just to help us.
Speaker 1: With the ratings.
Speaker 3: Our rankings help other people find our show. So if you enjoy getting this show, which is free to you, babebe and has been for nine whole years, a little thing to do in return as well as listening as to leave us a review. We love it, So tell a friend, share, review, stream All the things all right until Friday, Brightfay