Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Hey, everybody, welcome to the Buck Brief. On this episode, we're going to be talking to Kate Gorka. She's got a book out with her co author Mike Gonzalez, Next Generation Marxism, What it is and how to combat it? First time with this year. Kate. Great to have you on.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bucks, so happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Just let's give me a little your background first. I don't we haven't met before. I'm a fan of your esteemed husband, fellow radio host Sebastian Gorka. But how did you How did you come to this?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Tell me a little bit about Uh? I know, Mike, but I've interviewed Mike Gonzales before. Where are you? Are you coming this from an academic perspective or.
Speaker 2: Uh no, more real world perspective? I would say so. I spent a big chunk of my career focused on post communists. I'm in Central Eastern Europe. I went over there in I started going over right after the Wall fell, and I ended up living and working there for eighteen years. So I met Sebastian, got married. We lived in Hungary for about twelve years, then we moved back here. So in the meantime, I also worked for the Trump administration in the Department Homeland Security. Then I went over to Heritage. So I've always been active in the conservative movement, you know, a lot of focus on sort of national security, post communism. And met Mike at Heritage and I just I just have to mention I have a new job now too. As of Saturday, I am the chair of the Fairfax County GOP. I just got elected to that position.
Speaker 1: Oh congratulations. Yeah, that's an important That's a battleground area, Fairfax, I would I would assume, right, I mean it's it's northern Virginia, right, You're like, it's like a communist strong.
Speaker 2: The California of the East coast. And I really believe in taking my anti Marxism fight to the ground, you know, I really believe in living what I preached. So I got really involved in local politics. But yeah, so Mike and I came together at the Heritage Foundation. We were both really interested in this topic. You know. I went over to Heritage in twenty twenty we were dealing with the sixteen nineteen project, right Nicole Hannah Jones that The New York Times published telling us that we're irredeemably racist as a nation. And then of course the COVID shutdowns and everybody's starting to see what's really being taught in schools, and then of course you have May twenty one with the George Floyd protests and riots, and so, you know, Mike and I just kept talking about this stuff and saying, you know, we need to do a better job of explaining to people how we got here, and we need to give them tools to fight back. So that's why we collaborated, and it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I'm actually really curious just about something you mentioned. You were said you met sab Sebastian in Hungary. What years were you? I just wanted to tell it what was it like, you know, when you were because you were there pretty close to when I assume things were just getting going, getting changing. What years were you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I went over in May of nineteen ninety, so I was there, so that was about what six months after the Wall fell. I was there for the first post communist elections in Czechoslovakia, and I really focused on three countries. Czechoslovakia was still Czechoslovakia, Poland and Romania. And over the course of a few years, I interviewed about six hundred different people. So I was actually trying to write a book, which I haven't yet written, not that one, but I did a ton of research and it was it was just an incredible time to be there. You know, it was so exciting. People did not believe that communism was going to end in their lifetime, so there was just a huge excitement. But it was also, you know, a ton of difficulty. What do you do with all these former secret police and and former communists? That was a very big dilemma. So that was a lot of what he and I worked on. And yeah, it was just it was a very interesting time to be in the world.
Speaker 1: It was was the was the atmosphere, the general atmosphere among people in Hungary after the wall came down? Was it more like exhaustion and a recognition that they you know, what was it like escaping from prison for most people or was it backflips you know the future is ours?
Speaker 2: You know, it was it was jubilation, It was it was unbelievable excitement and very very pro American. You know, the Americans got very involved all over East central Eastern Europe helping with the transition. It was it was it was actually like party atmosphere. It was very very fun. Tons of expats just the world was opening up for them. You know. It was very very exciting, very cool.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Well, I look forward to that book as well.
Speaker 2: That be more one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's got to happen for sure. Tell me about next generation Marxism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, you know, Mike and I you know this, we had a great time doing the research for this book, and I think, you know, we both found a lot of things that we really hadn't known before, even though we're both deeply ensconced in this stuff. And you know, I think it's it's important for people to understand exactly what it is they're up against today. You know, so many people over the last couple of years have just looked at this situation and they're saying to themselves, how have we gotten to the point where we are ripping down our statues, tearing down our history, undermining our our founding principles, and even doing insane things like putting pornographic books in kids' schools and telling children they can mutilate themselves like it's it's really almost incomprehensible. But there is a logical path that brought us here, and I think if people understand the path, it makes more sense. It will also energize them, I think, to want to fight back because you then understand better absolutely how insidious it is. And it also helps give you the tools to fight back. What makes it next gen? Because that you know, that's always the big question.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I cant of pause you for one second? I want to come back to you mentioned the sort of progression in the pathway. I was hoping you could take us down that. But first up, just a quick word from our sponsor here, Bear Creek Arsenal. I'm a Second Amendment guy, and I believe in the right beare arms. I've got a bunch of firearms here at home. I practice with them, I train with them. I trained with them back when I was in the CIA. I know something about gone And let me tell you, if you're a firearms enthusiast, where you have one in your life, you've got to learn about the industry's best kept secret. Bear Creek Arsenal. They offer a wide range of firearms, premium calibers at a fraction of what the competition has. How does Bear Creek do this? There's no middleman fees. That's Look. I've got my ar from Bear Creek here at home. It's a phenomenal and when you take it out the range, you'll see for yourself. It fires so well, it's so accurate, weight is perfect, feels really good in my hands, and I'm already changing around some of the modifications on it to make it exactly how I want it to be because the rail system is excellent. You'll see for yourself. Get yourself to Bearcreekarsenal dot com, slash buck. That's Bear Creek Arsenal dot com, slash buck. Use promo code buck get ten percent off your first order. That's Bear Creek Arsenal dot com slash buck. All right, Kate, Sorry, you were telling me about the progression the Marxist conveyor belt, if you will, and how it's taken us to this place of left wing lunacy in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the important thing is, you know, you had the original marx which said the workers are going to revolt, but of course they never did, right, because what kept happening was the workers actually wanted to keep their jobs right, and capitalism, actually industrialization kept improving conditions for the workers, so that, you know, they just the revolt never happened until Lenin came along, and Lenin understood if you really organize and then if you also really make people feel aggrieved, you can bring about a kind of revolution. So you had that, you know, that whole phase. But here in the United States, it really did not ever take off. You had smatterings of communist sympathizers, but it never went mainstream. Right, So there was this this next moment, I would say, came about in the late fifties, so a lot of people don't know this. Harvard University actually brought Fidel Castro to come and speak to the students just months after he brought about the revolution in Cuba, which it still blows my mind, and you know, we wonder why Harvard is where it is today. But at that point, this was the development of the new left, where the thought was, Okay, the revolution is not going to come from the workers. It can come from the students. The students can be the locus of revolution. So of course, we saw what we saw in the sixties, and it was very much wrapped up with the civil rights movement. But honestly, if you look at what the students for Democratic Society did going into our cities in the sixties and fomenting revolution, you know, I would say that the sort of the civil rights explosions of the sixties were really generated by the radical elitist students, right, And that's a whole interesting story. So again, the revolution failed right by the end of the sixties. So you had the student revolutionaries kind of split up in several different camps. One camp went completely radical, weather, underground, right terrorism, bombings everywhere. Another group went and really organized and they're still doing that and that's part of the roots of Black Lives Matter. And then another group went into the law schools and they said, well, we're going to bring about the changes that we want by changing the laws. That was critical legal studies. But what they ended up doing was after about twenty years, that led to a whole nother phase, which was critical race theory. That the people who started critical race theory came from those Marxist legal scholars, but they said to them, okay, enough of you white men, you're out of the game. We're taking it over now. And that was critical race theory. And so that was really nineteen And what's so fascinating about this, That was nineteen eighty nine, right the year we all thought that communism was dead because the Berlin Wall fell into Eastern Europe, was actually in fact the birth of this this new phase. And in fact, Mike found this incredible newspaper article in the New York Times that said, this is the year that Marxism has gone mainstream in US colleges and universities. But you know, we weren't paying attention because we we thought it was all over because of what was happening in central Eastern Europe.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what is the best way to describe the reality of what we're seeing in this country? Is it cultural Marxism neo Marxism? I know, next Generation Marxism is the title of your book. But how do we describe what is the ideology that somehow covers you know, transgender surgery for twelve year old radical race politics and BLM, and you know climate change catastrophism all, how should we refer to that? You know what I mean? What's the term that we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a well, honestly, that's why Mike and I came up with this new term, next gen Marxism, because there isn't a term out there, right, It's not exactly cultural Marxism. I mean, cultural Marxism is gram Shey, right. Cultural Marxism is the argument that you're not going to see a spontaneous revolution, so you therefore have to go in and change the way people think. That's that's cultural Marxism, right, it's changing people's thinking. This thing, as you've identified, this thing that we're seeing now is really unique. It's really I really would put its its sort of start at nineteen eighty nine with the emergence of critical race theory and this focus on these characteristics race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation. Right. But you know, aside from us coming up with this term next gen Marxism, there really isn't another term. And I just want to add, I do think it's super important that we do include the term Marxism in this. You know, not everybody will self identify as a Marxist who's a part of this, but one hundred percent it is Marxist in its roots, and that's important to understand. Because Marxism is a politics of hate. It is the politics of hate and envy and conflict, and it's so fundamentally Unamerican. It's really terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A friend of mine, Jesse Kelly, I think, has referred to it as the religion of malcontents.
Speaker 2: I think that's great.
Speaker 1: They guess at good, pretty good description as well. I want to come back into more of this and also how we fight back, which I know is part of next Gen Marxism, the book that Kate Corca and her co author Mike Gonzalez have written for us. Will come back into that a second. But you know, here on the podcast, we cut through the noise and nonsense, the ulterior motives out there, and tell you the truths that you need to hear. My friend Mark Chaikin does the same thing, but he does it for the US stock market. Mark worked on Wall Street for fifty years and across those decades did three new industries for the Nasdaq and has predicted some of the biggest market shifts of the past decade, including the recent mania in AI stocks. Mark says the majority of Americans are about to miss out on a critical turning point in this AI frenzy, and he predicts that dozens of specific companies will have huge moves in just the next ninety days. Mark has agreed to share one of his favorite AI stocks, Divine Now with you. You put everything you need to know in a new presentation you can watch for free at this website twenty twenty four aistock dot com. That's twenty twenty four aistock dot com twenty twenty four ai stock dot com paid for by chake In Analytics. All right, Kate, how do we win against these neo marxistcommis.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, one of the great things that we did was going back and looking at history, was looking at what have we done successfully in the past. And one of my favorite examples was something called the Active Measures Working Group. Did you ever come across that in the work that you did. Have you ever heard about this?
Speaker 1: I am familiar, yes, with the with active Measures? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the Active Measures Working Group was something that was put together by a group of young men back under Reagan, before Reagan even to fight back against what the Soviet Union was doing. And you know, we looked at lessons from that and basically, you know, the important things are people, you need to find like minded people. You need to come together. You need to share information about what's going on. No one's got, you know, a full vision on this, and we need to understand it. You got to find like minded people. You have to come together to fight it. You have to be willing to speak out against it and call it what it is. And you know, I'll tell you what I'm seeing it happening around the country. One of the great things about my time at Heritage was I got to travel around the country working with the different parent groups that were starting to emerge back in twenty twenty twenty twenty one to sort of take back their children's education. And I think it's incredible what's happening in this country. I'm I'm actually really optimistic about where we're going.
Speaker 1: I love it. Tell me more, you think we're actually going to win this thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do. I think the left has gone too far, you know. I think when they when they put the when they put our children front and center on the battle line, I think they made a big mistake, you know. I I just even even people who aren't super educated on this stuff, they get it in their gut that this is fundamentally wrong. This is destructive. It's it's an American people just you know, I have to say, like I've really come to realize, I think Americans are truly fundamentally kind and and I'm even going to say loving right and Marxism brings in this this culture of animosity, of anger, of you know, being pitted against each other, and I just think it really goes against the American grain, and some people might get sucked up into it, but I think I think the majority of Americans don't. And because it's gone after the children, people are rising up and saying, no, you know this, You've gone too far. We're going to fight back.
Speaker 1: Well, that's very encouraging and important and profound insight. Before I let you go, Kate, neverone should go get their copy of Next Gen Marxism. Kate Gorka and Mike Gonzalez are the authors on it. Are you a coffee drinker?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely so.
Speaker 1: We have launched Crockett Coffee here on the Clay and Buck Show, Kate, and you can see I'm holding up a cup for anybody who's a YouTuber a Rumble subscriber for Davy Crockett American Coffee. It's delicious. Celebrating the pioneer spirit. Go to Crocketcoffee dot com. Kate, we have to hook you up some Crocket coffee. You'll have to tell us how delicious it is, because we know it's delicious. But crocket Coffee dot Com will get that sent to you and SEB and I want to taste test notes back.
Speaker 2: Okay, you'll get its alrighty.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much. Good luck with the book. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks U.