Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: Let's get to some of the individual gainers as we await earnings, and I'm going to start with Armholding Chips, though certainly have been on our mind. Armholdings, though you saw that one gain as much as eight and a half percent intra day at its high.
Speaker 1: I've got to interrupt you now here, Carol, my apologies. Here Intel earnings crossing the wire right now, Let's go straight to the revenue forecast for the first quarter. The company says adjusted EPs will be zero. The street was looking for eight cents a share. As for the revenue side, the company says revenue for the first quarter, the quarter that we're in right now, eleven point seven to twelve point seven billion dollars. The street was looking on average for twelve points six billion dollars. So the top end of that range is right around what the street was looking for, but of course it's a wide range of about a billion dollars. Here that might be why you're seeing some softness in the shares. As for the quarter that just passed, the fourth quarter revenue did beat thirteen point sixty seven billion, Adjusted operating margin did beat eight point eight percent. Adjusted EPs also beat at fifteen cents a share. The street was looking guys for eight point seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the thing. You can see. Shore is actually pairing their decline right now, down about one point three percent. But it's vaudal out there. I mean, Romain makes a good point that they'll look back when it comes to the fourth quarter. They actually beat there when it comes to the adjusted EPs, but certainly that first quarter outlook tim is going to be disappointing for a stock that, as Carol said, has had quite the run up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, down four percent in the after hours, I'm going through the press release and looking at commentary from Intel CEO Lit Bhutan, who says our conviction in the central role of cpo's CPUs in the AI era continues to grow. He continues to say, our priorities are clear, sharpenexcution, reinvigorate engineering excellence, and fully capitalize on the vast opportunity AI presents across all of our businesses. Intel shares in the after hours bouncing around a little bit, but down about four point eight percent.
Speaker 3: Just going to layer some commentary from the CFO Dave's Instner also on Intel, saying it sees the lowest available supply in the first quarter before improving in the second quarter and beyond. So we have seen this with a lot of the players in the chip sector. The demand is there, but the supply they're not able to meet it from.
Speaker 1: You know, it's kind of interesting. We were speaking with the Jay Goldberg over at Seaport earlier today. He's actually relatively bullish on Intel. Wishould point out, this is a stock that has something like thirty six holds something like seven.
Speaker 2: Or eight cells.
Speaker 1: There's only nine analysts out there on the street that I would buy, and Jay is one of them, and he actually thinks that they can actually start to ramp up production on some of these chips. His biggest concern was whether they can do that in a cost effective way. He said, he's going to be really laser focused on what this company has to say on the conference call about those costs going forward.
Speaker 4: It was also interesting to hear him explain why we saw such a huge search in Intel Life asked year, the question was whether Intel was going to be able to continue to exist. Of course, now it has the Trump administration's backing. The Trump administration does have a stake in this company.
Speaker 5: You have a steak in this company, Romayne is a stake in this company. We own ten percent of this company as Americans.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think you bring up a really good point. So is this the US backing trade or fundamentally is this company getting on a better trajectory? And I think that's where we've got to kind of watch and see what else commentary we get from this company and is it able to stick around for a long time.
Speaker 1: I think I'll be interesting whether how they address that on the conference call. And I think it's kind of the answer to your questions kind of yes and yes, right, this is still about basic, good old fashion corporate fundamentals. But also, like it's placed in the AI space, does that relationship with the US, that ten percent steak and whatever sort of things the White House can use their bullying bulpit for to sort of help this company build out, does that become the fundamental story? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I also want to point out it's foundry revenue. Excited to get more color there, foundry revenue coming in the fourth quarter five point or four point five to one billion dollars. The estimate had actually been for four point three six billion dollars, So actually a bit of a surprise there. The big question is, you know, what does the customer acquisition strategy look like? Are they adding new clients there? One of the big fundamental questions about Intel at this juncture and their place, to Romaine's point in this AI space.
Speaker 5: Just to reiterate some headlines as we watch, Intel shares down about five percent in the after hours. The company says it's making good progress in fourteen A production. Lib Bhutan says production yields not up to standards, and the CEO says chip maker missed a lot of opportunities and says they can't get enough supply to meet orders though demand is quite strong.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's go to Capital One Financial, also reporting its earnings after the closing bell, and you've got a couple of headlines. But let's get to one from the Wall Street Journal that it is planning to buy Brex for five point fifteen billion in a cash and stock deal. So some movement within another financial another banking company in terms of an acquisition, a pretty sizable one if you will. The stock right now, that's a big deal, down about two point six percent, so again confirming that pact. And I'm just going to kind of do a quick look at fourth justity but go sorry, but.
Speaker 1: I just want to say on the brex deal, because that's a big deal because we've been talking a lot about these credit card potential caps on credit card rate thes and Brex's I mean, this is basically rewards and kind of everything not really fee related at least. That's their sort of bread and butter, the technology and the rewards that go along with it. So it's kind of interesting to see Capital One leaning deeper into that reward space.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking at the Wall Street Journal right up of this. It oversees brex overseas close to thirteen billion dollars in deposits held at partner banks and money market funds. The acquisition expected to close in the second quarter of this year. Brexas' CEO will plan to continue in the role after this deal closes. Capital One Financial shares down in the offt hours by about four point three percent.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, back to inutil we go, because we've seen this one kicking around in the aftermarket again. The headline the company giving a lackluster forecast for the current quarter, talking about supply shortages are making it harder to meet customer demand. So once again a disappointment for investors who kind were looking for more of a boost from new products. And you can see Intel shares they are just trading down about three percent here in the aftermarket. And keep in mind this has been a top performer among the semiconductor names over the last year or so.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.