Speaker 1: Welcome to Bet the Bus. I'm your host, Payoff Willy. If you are new here, if you are just joining us, or you're recently new, welcome to Bet the Bus. We bet on college football. Not only do we bet on college football, we hit on college football. If you've been following our show throughout the entirety of the year, this show is twenty five eleven and two, tell them to bring.
Speaker 2: Me my money.
Speaker 1: And if you look at our last four weeks, we are seventeen three and two. And if you've been a faker of Bet the Bus, we would like to apologize to your parents for they did not know they were conceiving an idiot in the back of a Bucky's bathroom.
Speaker 2: We are Bet the Bus.
Speaker 1: The pict you're going to hear today, we're going to talk about Penn State, Ohio State Duke and Florida State, Utah, and USC Miami and Clemson Iowa, Minnesota. And the lock of the week is going to involve the Tennessee Alabama game. Six different games with six different kinds of smoke. Listen to quote the Great Royce DuPont. Being the smartest person in the room is hard, but being the hardest person in the room is smart, and I got.
Speaker 2: Six picks that are gonna give you.
Speaker 1: Have you hard, rock hard all week and long, because this show not only gets you paid, but it gets you laid. Jackie, matter of factless, bow our heads, the let's hit the prayer, and then we'll throw to Jack for the recap. I'm also joined by the boys in the back, Joey Parlay, Jackie slips Gary Midnight aka breaking an entering, and then Mitch Mitchie billboard flipping around big dog advertisers or no more. If you want advertise, pay for it, you get right on his head. Bow your heads, let us pray. Dear Lord, thank you for the prosperity that we've had, for the entirety of this bet the bus season, for the financial freedom, and to know that ultimately it's always up to you and our faith is or what am I saying? Uh, you favor us, We're your favorite. I'm in Jack. How did we do last weekend?
Speaker 2: I know I was out.
Speaker 3: I hope the boys go ahead. Louis locks he did really well. Four to zho and one financially solvent. We live in the green and we die in the red. But last week we were surviving and not only that, but thriving. Like I said, four oh and one, the only game we missed on was Oregon Washington. It was a push with plus three with Oregon. But that's just a good sign going into a fresh week, fresh late. Like you said, if you're not following our picks this year, that's your fault. You know, your parents clearly have missing chromosomes. So I've got one quote though, for us, because outside of this bus, maybe there's hostility, maybe there's not. You wouldn't even know because how tight knit this group is. But it's better to have a thousand enemies outside the house than to have one single one within it.
Speaker 4: So that's more that's more of just a revelation.
Speaker 1: We'll have to bring that up because there's a Bama Tennessee game broing against two best friends. You guys have lived like how long combined years wise? Have you guys put it in living together?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Big rivalry going on. We'll get to it at the end of this episode. Louie locks he absolutely murdered it. There is a little something in the air that's called beginner's luck. And I'm not saying that he's an idiot. I'm not saying that, but also asking for his bet slip, because I bet if you ask for his bet slip, there won't be any to be had because he he's more of a guy who throws darts at the wall. And I'll say this right now, if I miss on one game, Louie Lox can sit back in here. If you guys love the substitute teacher that much, I know everybody gets fired up when the little when the little movie set comes in, the TV set rolls in, and they throw on a Night's Tale and we have a day in the classroom with a substitute teacher. I know we did a great job. But again there's a quote, and that quote is give him in a fish, an elite for a day, Teach a man to fish, and he will eat forever.
Speaker 2: This show.
Speaker 1: When you listen to me, I am teaching you how to fish. I am teaching you the what's. Not only the what's, but the hows, the wise. We do it not just on the surface. We're gonna give you guys a fish for a week. You guys will survive for the next week. But I digress. Let's get into the first game of the week. I believe it is Penn State, Ohio State. Go ahead and set it up, Jackie slip.
Speaker 4: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: This is potentially the biggest game of the weekend. I mean, this is the biggest game of the weekend in terms of really ranked teams. A massive, big ten East opponent going up another massive big Den East opponent spreads four and a half. I'm so curious to know where you're going because we also have a scarlet man himself the billboard.
Speaker 1: So is he Is he an Ohio State fan? He says, Ohio State's one, Penn State's two. He's grew up in Pennsylvania, but he reps Wild State because Troy Smith was on a video game one year.
Speaker 2: Is he a scarlet guy? Like?
Speaker 1: Okay, Ohio State number one? Explain a scarlet A scarlet out? That might be the gayest little term, Like there's a white out at Penn State. That thing goes hard. But a scarlet out. How do you get up for a scarlett out?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and say something, miss, I don't know. It doesn't matter what you say. Here are the stats. Here are the numbers. Ohio State has won the last six straight. That is big. That is good to know. The spread is low it's four and a half. I will rattle off some stats. Penn State has won every game this year by at least three scorers. They're number one in sacks, They're number one in rush defense, They're number one in the country in past defense. People might be wondering, maybe a couple guys in here in the bus right now, who have they played this year? Probably nobody actually will say it. Nobody really a West Virginia who is four and two in the Big twelve, and you got Garrett knows about the Big twelve, and who else. They mopped Iowa thirty one to nothing. This is a defensive line that I think will get after a young offensive line in Ohio State. Another thing, they spread the ball around well. Penn State has five guys with ten plus carries and they all average over eight yards per carry. They are a rote running over absolutely fucking everybody. The quarterback what's his name, Aler Drew Alar. He takes care of the football twelve touchdowns to zero interceptions. This is a well oiled machine. I like Penn State plus four and a half another one. Penn State has won their last eleven games, their last loss Ohio State last year. There is some blood in the water in this game. And I like Penn State at Ohio State plus four and a half. You know what, let's put our nuts on the table. Penn State money line at Ohio State locked that one in boys, Wow, all right, sorry Mitch. Moving on, He's gonna be fired up and Penn State wins. I'm a Penn State fan. Now I'm a Nitney lion.
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 3: We have hey, another back to back double ranked opponent number sixteen Duke Verse, number four Florida State at Florida State under the lights, Nike game spreads thirteen and a half.
Speaker 4: Who's the guy?
Speaker 2: It's not Riley because he's injured. True. The backup? How is the back how's the backup?
Speaker 5: The backup is mad.
Speaker 1: The backup sucks. He was four for twelve last week. The backup is a bad player. Duke runs the ball well. They also have the number four defense in the country, which I think you can hang your haddle. I feel like Duke has been in a lot of bigger like a lot of those bigger games this year. Florida State the number seventh offense in the country when it comes to scoring, putting up forty two point two points per game. The spread is big though, minus thirteen and a half. I feel like that's tough. I part of me wants to go the under. I don't think Duke will score, and I think that their defense could be for real. Florida State probably wins this game, maybe by ten to fourteen points, but below forty two and a half.
Speaker 2: Are you guys feeling with on Reallybock were going under?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think it's not I know you said they have the fourth ranked defense in the nation, but I think it's important that people know they only allowed nine point eight points per game.
Speaker 2: Like that's insane. That's insane. That's insane.
Speaker 1: And because they've played some teams, it's not like they've had like an easy schedule.
Speaker 2: I like the under, Joey Parlay, I like the under. I like the under.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes me feel better. We're gonna go under under total points. The point total is set at forty two and a half. We are taking the under on forty two and a half.
Speaker 2: All right, let's.
Speaker 4: Move it on. We have a Pac twelve championship.
Speaker 3: Rematch on the board. We have Utah at USC. The spread is six and a half.
Speaker 2: Talk to us.
Speaker 1: USC had a bad loss. If honestly had a couple bad showings the last couple weeks. Their defense is now exposed. They have a bad defense. Utah has a bad offense. They don't really score a whole lot. This one is tough. The back twelve championship. I do feel like Utah stood in USC's way to get to the college Football playoff and they ruin that. I feel like that's gonna be at the top of their mind, like an extra motivator, on top of laying an egg against Notre Dame. What we do know is that USC scores their lowest scoring game I think was this past week with Notre Dame at twenty or twenty so whatever they scored. What we also know Caleb Williams is an elite quarterback. Coming off of a bad game, he threw three picks. You saw his reaction after each one, especially the second two. Like to me, if this kid is a number one overall caliber pick, he'll understand how to watch tape. He'll understand that you're never as bad as they say you are, and you're also never as good as they say you are. My belief is in Caleb Williams as an elite quarterback. And also this game is at USC, this game is in la USC What we do know for sure are nine to two at home in their last eleven I'm taking USC to cover. USC's defense is bad, yes, but again, it's easier to get back on track with a you know, an average bad defense than it is if you're a bad offense. I think this is a game where USC's defense feels a little bit better about themselves against a bad Utah offense. And I I think we do know for sure that USC is going to score points. They always do. You know, even twenty was their low one against Outher Dame. But they will score points. They might put up forty on these boys. I'm taking USC to cover minus six and a half.
Speaker 4: All right, let's move it on.
Speaker 3: Next game, we have Miami at Clemson spread as three and a half. Last year, you can see Clemson put an absolute beat down on Miami forty to ten.
Speaker 4: Is it gonna be the same way this year?
Speaker 1: No, I think Sweeney. I think Dabo Sweeney. I think his rain is coming to an end, whether they lose a couple bad games at the end of this year or it rolls into next year. I think Dabo Sweeney's rain is coming to an end, and I think this is perfect.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen the movie Inception?
Speaker 1: This is a great game to get lost in the dream of everything. Miami's laid an egg a little bit. These last couple weeks. They had a bad they had a bad decision two weeks ago. They lost last week. But this is a team that is still twelfth in points allowed defensively and thirteenth in points per game. Like, this is a great week to gbot get back on track. And I like Miami. I like Miami not only plus three and a half. I like the money line. Do we go money line? Or what do we use the points? Because I'm feeling spicy and dangerous right now and you might need to save me from that.
Speaker 2: Are we taking the points? Are we going money line? Boys? Need? I need to lean on you, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm a feeling JP wants to get money line just because his strong hatred for Clemson, you know.
Speaker 5: Bear, Yeah, I won't make this final decision on this one for that reason. But Dabo Sweetey was just caught on camera saying that he set the standard of Clemson. If they're not going undefeated, then they're not You know, like meeting their mark and that maybe the bandwagon has gotten a little too full, and maybe they do need to lose a couple of games to get some people off. Which if I'm a fan of a school, I don't want my head coach saying that, ever, And that's not a good stuf when you're getting ready to play against Miami.
Speaker 2: So do with that what you will. You like the money line, but you're gonna say you're staying.
Speaker 1: You're gonna stay away just because you have some you have some emotional ties to the game.
Speaker 2: Jack, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I think I do like Miami money line?
Speaker 2: I do do.
Speaker 3: How sickening their loss was? Oh god, and you've seen the last four matchups against Clemson. Clemson has outscored one hundred and seventy eight to thirty in the last four years. I think Miami's looking for payback. They need this win more than maybe any other team in the country.
Speaker 2: Money line, money line, money line, money line, Miami. Helliyah?
Speaker 3: All right, we have a big juggernaut matchup with Iowa at Minnesota. The spread is three and a half and more importantly, the over under is thirty two and a half points. This might be the highest scoring game in all of college football.
Speaker 1: This is prime Big Tenth Football this weekend.
Speaker 2: Out in Minnesota. Check out this stat.
Speaker 1: Minnesota is one hundred and twenty first in the country in offense.
Speaker 2: Guess what Iowa is in offense? One hundred and thirty third. They suck.
Speaker 1: This is like if Joe Biden is the OC for both teams, They're gonna be out there trying to figure out falling asleep at the wheel, trying to figure out what's going on.
Speaker 2: I think I like the under in this game kind of obvious.
Speaker 1: I mean said at thirty two and a half, But what do we think this score is gonna be? I if you look at how they've played all year long, they haven't really one game.
Speaker 2: I think they put up a lot of points.
Speaker 1: You know they owe Their quarterback had twelve passes last week for one hundred and forty He didn't throw any picks. I think what two touchdowns off those twelve rows and they won fourteen to seven or fourteen to three.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude.
Speaker 1: And I think Minnesota, if you look at the headlines that was coming out before the season started with coach Fleck, he's not very favorable and not only some of the locker room with those reports that came out, but also guy that kind of washed from Afar and objectively speak on some of his methods. And I think when you're a Minnesota team who's bleeding right now, some of those methods are the last things you want to hear when you're down and out, when you're down, when you're beat down bad. And so I'm gonna go We're gonna go under. We're gonna go under thirty two and a half. I think I also like Iowa, what's the spread minus three and a half half? What do we like better the under thirty two and a half or minus three and a half. Here we're at a crossroads again.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 1: Mitch, by the way, I know i'd give the stat of seventeen three and two. In the last four weeks, Mitch is on a three game win streak with his over under prediction. He finds one game each week and he's like, this is definitely over, This is definitely over, This is definitely over. This week he's found his first under, and we're leaning on Mitchie billboards, we're going under thirty two and a half Iowa at Minnesota. Jack it is time. It is time to set up the Lock of the Week presented by Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 4: This is a blood sport game.
Speaker 3: This. I know we have Ohio stay in Penn State, which is a bigger game in terms of ranking, but I think all eyes are going to be on Tuscaloosa this weekend. At the three thirty slate, we have Tennessee at Alabama. The spread is eight and a half. I'm just gonna let you take it from here.
Speaker 4: You know there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Got anything you want to throw out there for Tennessee faithful.
Speaker 3: I just want to be a sponge right now, and then I will I'll follow back up.
Speaker 2: Hungry dogs run faster. Life is all about timing nine seconds. That's what I'll give you to decide your faith. Do you guys know what the average play in a football game is?
Speaker 1: Six to seven seconds, six to seven seconds, balls to the wall, and when the play ends, you have to forget about the success or failure of that last play.
Speaker 2: Listen to what's coming in from the sideline.
Speaker 1: Understand what personnel is coming on into the field, Understand what formation you get when they break the huddle, and understand when that running back, quarterback, whatever your key is makes their one subtle move. You're breaking down what plays are coming off of that step. I think Alabama does that better than Tennessee. I think when you look at Alabama season, they dropped one against Texas, who I think Texas is a good ball team. But in their first half of the year, their offense didn't really have an identity. But if you look at the last three games of Alabama, if you get into the details, Alabama in their last three games averaged thirty points per game.
Speaker 2: At home, they averaged thirty two.
Speaker 1: Points per game. This game is in Tuscal loose the last time I checked Jack, When you guys rip down the field goal post and ravaged through the streets.
Speaker 2: You don't think Alabama's thinking about that.
Speaker 4: Oh, they probably facerrating.
Speaker 1: Of Milrow in the last three games is one hundred and seventy three point five. That's eleventh in the country. Tennessee gives up on pass defense a rating of one ninety seven point eight, which ranks ninetieth in the country. Milroe's averaging now in his new breadth of fresh air, two hundred and forty one yards per game. Red zone. Let's go to the red zone. Maybe maybe that's a fugazi stat. Whenever they get in striking distance, Alabama this year is ninety five percent on scoring a touchdown or field goal when they touch and sniff the red zone. In their last three games one hundred percent. Tennessee gives up eighty five percent in the red zone, gives up a field goal or a point eighty five percent of the time in.
Speaker 2: The red zone.
Speaker 1: This game is the lock of the week, and it is Alabama for all of those fucking reasons. I might have gotten one stat wrong, and I love listen I posted and I believe this. Dondie Palman, Chancellor, Flex coach, Eckler, coach man Nebrass to Nebraska connects. As long as they're there, it will be GBO after GBR. But if I'm thinking objectively now and trying to bring you guys to the right puddle of water to drink, it is Alabama. This is an Alabama lock.
Speaker 2: Jack. I hate it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry because I do. If Tennessee wins on bat, y'all, that's fire. That is a big win. But I do not think Joe Milton can wheel and deal against his Alabama defense.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 1: And I think the offense right now with the Crimson Tide puts it on Tennessee a little bit man, and so a lock of the week, We're going to Alabama.
Speaker 3: To go over whatever lock of the week, your lock of the week. I agree, Jalen, I mean, Joe millen Is. That's gonna be the question mark if he can perform. This is how Tennessee stays in the game. But Milroe our rush right now, our edge rushers, James Pierce Junior number twenty seven, watch out for him this game. He is the fastest edge rusher in college football right now, and he's going to be all over their ass.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm nervous about how publicized and commercialized our win was last year, and I'm sure Nick Saban has had it on a bulletin board all year. And with that being said, it's Tennessee money line all goddamn day.
Speaker 4: They're going into t Town. They're going to take care of business.
Speaker 2: That's all I gotta say it. Guys, is me up? G do you got you got anything before? It? Did?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: A lot of good a lot of good stats right there, especially from what we just came across over.
Speaker 6: There before GBO and GBR is rtr and it's role Tide role, it's fucking over. Tennessee's one in fifteen is about to be one in sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, here's what. Here's why I will say, because you are right, I think they have.
Speaker 4: Tennessee's one and oh in the last year. Want to know.
Speaker 2: Sick.
Speaker 4: All I know is I carried that field goal and I can feel the power before we came in here, and you.
Speaker 2: Can, you really can.
Speaker 3: And I can give you the photo I was carrying that field goal.
Speaker 2: Before we came in here.
Speaker 6: Jack was nervous and now that the lights and cameras are on, it's all talk.
Speaker 2: We're gonna let the ad.
Speaker 4: Will do me a favor. And just read that last stat on the screen.
Speaker 2: Bama gets no hose. We steal your hose.
Speaker 4: Extremely based there.
Speaker 1: I think there was another set too, on the amount of sacks that Bama's gotten compared to our Tennessee's gotten compared to what Bama's given up.
Speaker 6: Tennessee is third in the nation in sacks and Bama is has given up thirty one sacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something to feel optimistic about. Also, you guys, y'all, Tennessee can run the ball well too. Like, you guys are gonna have to keep this on the ground because I don't think I don't think Milton this is a massive game for him, especially for the next level.
Speaker 6: What's the over under?
Speaker 1: This one felt like such a lock to me that we didn't even look at the over under forty nine and a half.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're scoring thirty eight? Are we taking the over?
Speaker 6: It's bombs over bag dad.
Speaker 1: If everybody's watching, I'm just enjoying some of the energy that's coming to life in this bus right now that is not being hashed out.
Speaker 2: This is going to be go ahead.
Speaker 5: If you're on the audio, head over to YouTube so you can feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, thank you guys. Hey Joey Parlett, you got one. No, thank you for tuning in to bet the bus. We get paid, we get laid. It's better to be the hardest in the room than the smartest. Good luck this weekend and may God have mercy on the board.