Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Staneveek along with Carol Masser. We're joined by Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Pronell. For some stocks on the move this week, because it's Friday, we take a look at stocks that moved big time this week.
Speaker 4: What you got for us, Well, we have to start off with Alphabet.
Speaker 5: You mentioned big Tech earlier. That's ticker Googl closed up twelve percent this week to hit its best weekly gains it's twenty twenty three. And that's all because a Google parent company had a very good earnings print, to say the least, at walloped expectations for its earnings per share for the first quarter. It also had very strong demand for its AI and cloud offerings, and those results did a lot to ease a lot of questions that investors have been having for the past couple of months about how Google Search would be impacted by AI.
Speaker 1: I feel like all of those big tech earnings, everybody was talking about Alphabet. The ROI is there right, They're showing what it can do. It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: We had a great chat we did man Deep Saying from Bloomberg Intelligence. You can find it on our podcast feed for our weekend show YEP and the weekend program which will be arying tomorrow morning too here on Bloomberg Radio, where he talks about the vertical integration that alphabet is doing and how that's setting it apart from its peers when it comes to the hyperscalers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really fascinating. Give us an important distinction good stuff Glorox. Yes, that's too easy, from an alphabet to chlorox.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It fell twelve percent this week to and it's worst weekly dropped since twenty twenty two. And that's after the Household Products Company slashed its full year EPs guidance and also reported the third quarter organic sales miss. Part of that miss stems from its relaunched cat litter business not necessarily getting super prominent shelf space, and also it's salad dressing business continuing to struggle amid what managements calling the golp one situation so funny to talk.
Speaker 4: About Clorox then you're talking salad dressing. But I get it. I get it. They have a time.
Speaker 3: Maybe they shoulds it's Hidden Valleys, But I was going to make a joke maybe Florox salads.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we're just get like when we get in trouble.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's it is. They own Hidden Valley Ranch. They acquired it back in the nineteen seventies. I Love ran nineteen seventiess bought this for eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: Everybody used to dip everything in ranch, like all kinds of vegetables and everything. But I do think, well, I don't know. I don't know if it's healthier trends or just different buying habits.
Speaker 3: Do you remember Clorox also owns birds Bees.
Speaker 2: I did not know.
Speaker 3: They bought it for back in two thousand and sevens. They've done that for almost twenty years. Yeah. Yeah, it's a very diverse Fie fortfolio.
Speaker 4: They were that diverse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very it's a diversified.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, sentea, not just bleach. I know, I don't even use bleach anymore. I grew up using bleach all the time, and we just you don't do We.
Speaker 3: Don't really use it either, And I think a lot of bleach now they have like no on chlorine bleach too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then anyway, oxycon gal senten, is this your top gainer in the.
Speaker 5: SMP it sure is as ticker CNC jump twenty percent this week to not its best weekly gains since two thousand and six, and that's after the health insurer boosted its profit outlook for the year and reported a first quarter beat. Mizuho writing that a lot of those key metrics came in bettered and expected, as all three of the business lines of that company beat estimates. And it's just another great sign of recovery and health.
Speaker 4: Insurance, yeah, which has not been an easy area.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.