Speaker 1: Oh, how.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 1: Wish you fucking sounded like me when you see. I'm in such a great mood today, you guys. I am blonde as a motherfucker. You guys, She's blonde, blonde, blonde baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, are you also freshly chopped? Yeah, she's blonde, blonde and freshly chopped hair. I can't wait till she makes a post or something because I'm excited for you guys to see it. Best blonde I've ever seen, and I know it's not kissing her ass. She walked in and I was like, oh, I have to take a picture of that for my own head.
Speaker 1: Please kiss my ass because I need it today. And I do want to do a good post because I've been off of social media for a while. I think you guys can guess why. I'm just kind of like crawled into a hole, which I enjoy my whole sometimes, you know, just get grounded, get back to the roots. And today we have an incredible female on the podcast Badass. Did we say her name wrong?
Speaker 5: Okay, so she's so sweet because we never got corrected.
Speaker 4: Her name is spelled A Nne.
Speaker 5: You guys already know by the title it's Anne Winters, but it's pronounced Annie.
Speaker 1: Okay, but can I tell you because I've known who she is for a really really long time and I've always called her that and now I'm mortified.
Speaker 3: But always.
Speaker 5: But Stacy, our producer, did say she's heard other interviewers call her Anne because it's spelled Anne, and Annie said at the end, she goes, I go, I go by Annie, so everyone thinks it's spelled ann i e.
Speaker 4: So it's Annie. We say Anne.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like with Rihanna. She says her name Rihanna, yes.
Speaker 4: And Arianna Grande.
Speaker 5: I think people say Arianna, but when she says it, she says Arianna.
Speaker 4: I think, or maybe it's the other way around. It's one of them.
Speaker 1: Katie calls Ariana Maddix Arianna, and I've asked Arianna, do you say it that way? And she's like either. I'm like, no, your parents gave you one name, so what is it? Because I'm not walking around here being like Lauren, Laurien whatever. It's like, no, it's Lauren. That's what my parents named me. Like Ariana, what did your parents name you?
Speaker 4: It's Ariana And I don't know if that's right.
Speaker 5: But I only say that because that's what I call her, and I would feel bad if that's what it wasn't I.
Speaker 1: Just love her that she was like either, I'm like there, yeah, no, no, no, someone will call your mama. I need to ask you what it is.
Speaker 5: Oh did we even mention that we're in a new space?
Speaker 1: Oh? That's where I was headed with us. You guys, please stick with me through this episode. We are officially moved into Oh we've got a lot of work to do, but we're moved into the new office space. I have a lot of walls that I need to like cover so that it doesn't sound like this all the time. We're a little echoey. Please stick with me through this episode because I promise it'll be remedied by the next episode.
Speaker 4: Right, but we are in a new space and it's very exciting.
Speaker 1: But those ads won't wait, motherfuckers. Those ads need to be right. Anyway, We'll do a quick break and we will be right back with Annie Winters. All right, my loves, we are back, and I have to say I am very impressed with the resume that my guest has at the age of twenty eight.
Speaker 3: I have Anne Winters. Hello, my loves. Hello, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Of course, I have to say, I know who you are. I've looked you up. I'm really shocked at like what you've accomplished in your little lifetime, Like do you even realize what you've done?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I mean when I'm working a ton and flying back and forth and working like twenty four seven, it feels like I'm doing a lot. But times like I have right now where I'm kind of in a in between space, I'm like, I haven't done anything like this past week, so it feels like I'm not doing anything. But yes, when I look at the overall trajectory of the career, I'm like, Okay, good job. But I'm always like, when's the next thing? Like I want to be said, I want to be working.
Speaker 3: I totally get that.
Speaker 1: In fact, most of the people who I've come in contact with who are very successful, they tend to like they're proud of their accomplishments, but they're like, that happened, it's over, it's done.
Speaker 3: What's next? Exactly one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: So the minute, Like, honestly, this is the longest time I've gone in the ten eleven years that i've been here about being on set or booking another thing, and I think COVID.
Speaker 3: Has a lot to do with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I haven't been back in the room since they don't do anything in person anymore, which is honestly the only kind of way that I really, you know, book things. I don't like self tapes. I like being having an energy and that's usually how I wove people.
Speaker 3: Right tape and being so kind of far away and disconnected.
Speaker 2: It's been pretty challenging this past year after I wrapped the Orville.
Speaker 1: So you prefer being in the room rather than sending in a tape?
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Right, Does in per even exists anymore?
Speaker 3: Oh, That's what I'm saying. Like, since I wrapped the.
Speaker 2: Last show that I was on, Wow, there has not been one in person audition that I've had anywhere, you know. I think that's why a lot of my friends and a lot of people that I know moved really back home or anywhere, because you can tape from anywhere, and if you need to fly out then you can totally.
Speaker 1: I don't audition much anymore, but I moved to LA to be an actress, and I remember, like, you got to put me in a room, because that's how I like, I woo them, I create the you know.
Speaker 2: Mine, that's how like me I feel like as actors are just entertainers in general. It's kind of a performance like you need to see the in person reaction.
Speaker 3: And sometimes I'll get.
Speaker 2: It if I get to like a zoom meeting, so I'll have like, you know, ten people on a zoom and but the weird thing about that is everyone is kind of on mute and you can't face thiss, so all you're looking at is yourself acting, which also is weird.
Speaker 4: Oh that makes me think of a good question. Do you watch yourself?
Speaker 5: I know Lala mentioned a couple of minutes ago a lot of her friends and actors will do their project, move on to the next.
Speaker 4: Do you watch yourself?
Speaker 2: I'll watch it like once, when it's finally done, I won't be you know, there's a lot of actors that like to see the replay or like see which take they like the best, and that kind of thing. I trust whatever it looks like. But yeah, when the final product comes out, I of course I love watching it, especially when I feel really good about it.
Speaker 3: And there's you know times.
Speaker 2: Where I'm like oh yeah, that turned out pretty well. And then I'm like, oh, I could have done that differently whatever, But yeah, moving on, moving on, But watch myself in action, Like there's a difference between watching yourself on a zoom meeting at a producer's call, like at the scene, which, like you know, an audition is already weird anyway. I mean, you're sitting against a background, you're talking to someone, nothing's really real. When you have an action seeing you have to pretend that you're doing all this shit and it's looks ridiculous. So yeah, like I feel like an idiot when I'm looking at myself dogs, But when I see it all come together and they make it, you know, the movie Magic, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Like watching it.
Speaker 1: You know What's so funny that I always think about this, Like in high school, even you know, junior high the theater kids, which I was a theater kid, are always looked at as like the geeks, you know, and then but then everyone is looking up to the actors, you know, who have like made it. It's always just so interesting to me. Were you a theater geek? Like, were you in not a geek? But you know that's what they called us. I remember No.
Speaker 2: I honestly it's funny that you say that because at my first school in middle school, I did a bunch of theater and then the minute I went in eighth grade to a different high school and I met all the theater kids, I was like, yeah, no, I can't be brought.
Speaker 3: Into this geek world here. No, absolutely not. I'll do cheerleading, that's it.
Speaker 1: Totally look at you now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also theater is a lot different.
Speaker 2: I mean it's I get really like I always forgot a line on stage. I got so nervous, and you only have one time to do it, and there's like sort of a comfortability knowing that a camera is going to be really close on your face to be able to capture all the expressions that you have that you.
Speaker 3: Don't really have on stage. That always just kind of made me nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, totally, especially with that h D. Now I'm like, ooh, you're a little close.
Speaker 5: And speaking of that, I mean, I don't even think we mentioned it, but you are obviously currently on the Orville New Horizons on Hulu. I know that you work alongside Seth MacFarlane.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, I'm geeking out right now because like Family Guy is my jam. It's been my jam since I was like since season one of the show, which I was young, Like what is it like to work with him?
Speaker 2: I mean, he definitely is a genius, and it's just funny because you're intimidated by him, and then when you meet him you realize he's actually like a genius, but he's really shy. He's a high human being, and he puts on these big events. He has these big parties he has. I feel like he's kind of the Great Gatsby in a way, like big grand things, and he's so good and he's so good at entertaining. And then when you meet him in person or like anything personal, he's like I see this, you know little kid that like wanted to do Family Guy and do this thing and he made a stream come true.
Speaker 3: But the person inside is like this, you know this kind of shyer person that.
Speaker 2: I I mean, no one else may may know that, but when you get to know him, I feel like it's kind of accurate.
Speaker 1: I love that you called him that he's like the Great Gatsby, Like that's the vibe, and I have to know, like, obviously you're a talented actress, So your range is all across the board. You can do whatever. But was Thirteen Reasons Why one of your like your big would you call it your big break?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent?
Speaker 2: I mean my followers and just like even the recognition went from like I think I had twenty k followers and then I went to like in like a week.
Speaker 3: Wow, crazy how much a show can have an impact.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, it's also crazy how much social media is so much different than like what I attest to be my best work or like something that's being recognized because it was just such a big show and out in the public. You know, I did some great work on that show, but I that wouldn't be my necessarily like my favorite role or my favorite you know, acting stuff that I would want to show everybody.
Speaker 1: That show was intense. It was like it pulled out people's hearts. And do you have a genre that you feel most comfortable in? Because you're going from like Thirteen Reasons Why to like, you know, essentially a parody of like outer space, So like what where do you feel most comfortable?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, to the broader extent of it, it's like, yeah, she's in space, this is.
Speaker 3: A drama whatever.
Speaker 2: But in each character that I'm doing, I find like truth and realness behind it. So to me as the actor, I'm it's not really like super different. I mean, the costumes different, the tone might be different. But for me, it's like just finding characters that have something really real and true to portray. So, like Thirteen Reasons Why, I had the storyline with Bryce, who was my boyfriend, and he great me and we have a big you know.
Speaker 3: That whole thing.
Speaker 2: But in this scenario, I have a friend that died and this guy that's working alongside of me, I have to work with him, and the stakes are still high in different ways.
Speaker 3: So to me, I just look for anything challenging.
Speaker 1: I love that you're like a true You're like a true artist.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that's hard to find. Because I moved out to LA and I wanted to be an actress, and then I saw that the game had really changed. It was like, sorry, my baby's here. If you can hear her screaming, she's saying hi to everybody. I just saw that, like being an influencer was what people were gravit, like casting directors were gravitating towards like are they going to bring in a lot of viewers. They have, you know, fifteen million followers on Instagram or whatever it may have been at the time. That was intimidating, and it's really hard to find, especially at your age, women who are really into the craft.
Speaker 2: Still it's hard to I mean, yeah, it's hard in this scenario one hundred percent because you do have the social media coming into it.
Speaker 3: And I've gotten beat out of many roles.
Speaker 2: Because of not enough followers over you know, TikTok whatever, And I really hope, like in the long run that you know, and I'm not saying that TikTok or YouTubers could not be great actresses or actors because I did work with Key and Lawley, who I was like, oh gosh, he's a YouTuber, like he's going to be like terrible, and I was like, he's really good. I really enjoyed working with him, and he took this job super seriously and took me by surprise. So I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't like that for that to be kind of a something that.
Speaker 3: You have to have, and I hope that kind of ends. But for me.
Speaker 2: It's actually really difficult right now because there's like I have an influencer look on Instagram, and unless I'm showing the shows that I'm on or on set every day, which you can't post, by the way, so I look to the audience and a lot of my followers like an Instagram model sometimes, so I kind of battle that line between influencer and actress. And it's been hard, like branding and all those things. I'm like, I don't want to sell myself short I would like to do this, or.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't like to do this.
Speaker 2: It's like a weird balance right now that's going on for actors that are taking it seriously and also looking like they really love social media unlike a lot of the people on their two reasons why I maybe barely post anything.
Speaker 5: You know, right, do you relate to I know your character on the Orvial is Charlie, right, Charlie Burke.
Speaker 4: Do you relate to her at all?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I relate to her in the sense of getting a job done at all costs, and like that's how I am on set. Day on set was one of my hardest scenes, and everyone's like, how is everyone like welcoming you and all this stuff. I was like, I don't even I don't fucking know. I literally went in with like my eyes like on the job and like I didn't care about really even meeting anyone. I was just like, I just want to do an incredible job at what I'm doing and being just disciplined focused on the job at hand. I feel like is there, and the badass kind of like cool quality is there. But other than that, her relationship with Isaac and stuff. I've never gone through something like that to hate someone at that level, So I can't relate to that personally, but I can put myself in her shoes and understand how you know, if that happened, I would yeah.
Speaker 3: And speaking of you, said, you know, how's everyone treating you?
Speaker 5: And the guest actors for this season are like out of this world. There's like Ted Danson, Elizabeth Gillies, you have I wrote it, Oh, Johnny.
Speaker 4: Knox, Bill Layton Measter. Did you get to kind of talk to any of them?
Speaker 2: Or I got to talk to Liz Gillies, which is funny because I told her that I've gotten told a lot that I look like I look like her or remind people of her, so I was like, yeah, I don't know, this might be super weird.
Speaker 3: But I just got told I look like you. Of course she's in that like full alien cossume and she's looking at Oh yeah, that's I agree. I wish I got to eat more.
Speaker 2: I do know that we have like a very special like one of my favorite country singers. I don't know if I can say, but oh my god, she's a legend and she's going to be in an upcoming episode and I.
Speaker 3: Wish I got to meet her. It's insane.
Speaker 2: And even they have this like new technology where they like aged like it's like basically a face tune, but like maybe like for whatever, where they can age someone down in real time and you got to like legend singer in like a real life I don't know when she was maybe thirty.
Speaker 1: I wonder if like that's the same technology that Martin Scorsese used on like al Pacino and Robert de Niro in The Irishman. It was like the first time they had ever done it.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I wonder. It's like so shocked, I mean to us, I think it's like so simple.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I mean that's easy, like face tune you know, yeah, but I guess it's a whole other.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, we're not using face tuned video. So you're from Dallas, Texas. By the way, I went to Dallas, Texas on my tour, and I was like, I'm moving here. I'm moving here tomorrow if I could.
Speaker 2: No, no why I mean maybe Austin, Texas, But why Dallas?
Speaker 3: Why would you want to move there?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was really granted. I spent like less than twenty four hours there, so just know that. But I've just like, I felt like it was clean. It was like a big enough city to where you were like, Okay, I'm like not in the sticks. I really liked it.
Speaker 3: It's not bad. It's nice.
Speaker 2: I have both lives there. My my sister lives in Uptown, which is nice.
Speaker 3: It's it is nice. I just feel like everything kind of looks the same.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm in a what's that movie with Truman, The Truman Show.
Speaker 1: The Truman Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like every every house, like every neighborhood has three different bills that you can build from, and they only build from that floor plan.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Like you get to pick your.
Speaker 2: Brick color and the floor plan and that's about it.
Speaker 4: So your family stayed in Dallas. No one moved here with you.
Speaker 3: No I moved out. No. I moved out here at seventeen by myself.
Speaker 1: That is crazy to me. So did you graduate from high school?
Speaker 2: Yes, I made a point to do that. I needed at least the high school graduation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I did fly a lot, Like I went to the school that kind of worked with me. So I missed probably half the year my sophomore year. I took junior year off of acting because I didn't know if I wanted to do acting or go to college, and junior year as like the biggest.
Speaker 3: Like college theater.
Speaker 2: So I applied everywhere and I took junior year really seriously.
Speaker 3: And had my first boyfriend. So that was why I don't want to act.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, as a sophomore, I when I first started coming out here a pilot season, I remember having a crush on this guy and I was like so nervous because he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I was like, oh my god, what does that even mean? Like you're gonna like does that mean you're gonna meet me at my locker every day?
Speaker 3: Do I have to like kiss you in front of me? Are you gonna come over to my house?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: All those thoughts is like a kid that's never like I was very sheltered, didn't do anything. I was so nervous when he wanted to be my boyfriend, so I was like no, no, no no, but I really liked him anyway, come out.
Speaker 3: Here for like a couple months.
Speaker 2: I go back and he's dating like one of my friends, and I was like, oh my god, I missed it. And then I missed homecoming, I miss prom, you know, so all those things happened, and it was like sophomore year when you're wanting all those you know, fun experiences. So I took junior year off, had my first boyfriend and was like I don't know if I do want to do acting or be a normal like kid go to college with all my friends. And then I basically saw all my friends going to different places and the amount of money, and I went to college tours and I was like, I do not see myself living here. You're telling me there's like one strip mall and a bunch of bars and we're going to go here every single weekend.
Speaker 3: Like that's the life that we're going to be living.
Speaker 1: No, So then I'm are you bummed that you missed out on those moments like your your high school dance and like having the boyfriend who then went with your hook or friend.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding, no, no, because I made up for it my junior year. My junior year, I was a little bit crank ray and then my senior year I also had there. I went to three different proms, so I was fine, I got it all.
Speaker 1: So you made up for it.
Speaker 3: I made up for it.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, and then I was like, Okay, let me go and see if I can actually like make this. And I still was planning on going to a college out here, so I did like a community college to get at least courses done because I deferred to SMU in Dallas and I wanted to have at least all my credits. And then my first week I booked a movie in Indiana and they were like, you can't do both.
Speaker 1: Oh the universe. The universe had its plan for you all along. I have to know what does your family think of everything you're doing, because you know so many people. I remember when I told my high school counselor my big dream, and she was like, that's great for you, but let's think of reality. And like, granted I told her I was going to win Oscars and I am on a reality TV show, so it didn't go exactly how I planned. But nevertheless, people know who I am, so that part does exist. But like, you had this big plan and you fucking did it. Like what do people thinks?
Speaker 3: What's really funny is my high school.
Speaker 2: I hate to show to them, but I do because they really like glorify all the sports or anything that makes them look good as a school. And my parents just left because there's been so many like newspapers things like this about stars or whatever. They have yet to mention my name coming from the school, not once, because I'm on shows that are controversial or talking about things that they.
Speaker 3: Don't want their kids to watch.
Speaker 2: I went to a private school, by the way, Okay, that's why they had this twenty four hour policy. Wait the side note or twenty four twenty four hour all days a week.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if anyone from the school caught you that was like, let's say, you know, drinking at a party or I don't know, and doing anything that was illegal, not fuck now I saw my not like in the general. Okay, but if they caught you doing anything that would would I go against or would.
Speaker 3: Go against the school?
Speaker 2: Okay, it could get suspended and they could tell from Saturday morning or Sunday night whenever, even if you weren't at school what on doing something, and you would get suspended. I had multiple friends get suspended throughout high school.
Speaker 4: But you never got suspended.
Speaker 2: I never got suspended. Actually, well wait, expelled expelled, you would get expelled. I did get suspended, suspended as different expelled is done forever for a little bit of time. I got suspended because I rolled my skirt too many times, got in trouble for my short skirt too many times, and then I was supposed to wear leggings underneath, and then I wouldn't, so I just got in trouble for dress code violations.
Speaker 4: Did they measure your skirt?
Speaker 3: They would, Yeah, it was like four inches from the me me.
Speaker 2: But that's crazy though, because I'm like, I'm sure, so the only thing that I can really show in this ugly ass, you know, is my legs.
Speaker 3: So I just would always roll my skirt.
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone did that though, Like at my school. I went to public school in Utah, but like they used your your arms and your fingertips as like the measuring device, and I was like, this is unfair because I have like really long arms in my fingers are also abnormally long, So not fair, yeah, right, Like.
Speaker 2: Why can't we measure the arm to finger for everybody and also like count that because it's not fair. And I were, you know, objectifying women's arm lengths.
Speaker 1: Right. See, it's a vicious cycle.
Speaker 3: But my parents, my family, people around me.
Speaker 2: I mean my dad was definitely very skeptical at the beginning, just because he wanted to make sure that I was. He didn't want it to be you know, I'm just going to move out to LA and like be a waitress and then not work and just like move out to LA.
Speaker 3: And be in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: And he's such a like Texan, like I'm so scared of Melrose. I'm so scared of like daughter moving to LA. So I really had to prove it to him for sure. But then once I like book something and then another thing comes, another I think comes you know, the trust is there and totally totally is supportive of me, and they watch everything that I'm in.
Speaker 3: They're my biggest fan.
Speaker 1: So I have to say, because your dad is a Texas man, he was obviously worried about you, and he wanted you to come correct and like have a good head on your shoulders. I got all of that. I'm going to take it a little deep for one second, because you're obviously absolutely stunning and at the age of seventeen, because I know what Hollywood is like, I would be very nervous, like sending my kid at the age of seventeen to a place like this and having these producers quote unquote say that they've got a nice project for you to come in and read for, and then all of the sudden, you know, things go south and he gets you. You know, we're not naive to the fact that Hollywood can get scary, and it's very important that you whoever you're meeting with, they got their credentials. You're coming in it's professional, Like was that something that that was? You know, you moved out ten years ago, but did not go through your parents' head at all.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it did. And honestly, I will say that I've just.
Speaker 2: Had a really good head on my shoulders coming out here, and I am like a Christian, and I value the thoughts that I have and like the feelings that I get.
Speaker 3: In a room.
Speaker 2: And there were times when I would go into a room and have an audition and feel a little bit uncomfortable and I would leave.
Speaker 3: I really would.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, sorry, I'm going to leave, And that has happened before. But the funny thing is is my first boyfriend out here when I was seventeen, was twenty seven and was a producer. But he just only was a really really really nice nice guy and things didn't work out.
Speaker 3: But it was not ever hear to me.
Speaker 2: But I have walked out of multiple situations out here in Hollywood. I've said no to plenty of things, and I believe out here, which I you know, I hate to say that with just such confidence like demeaning or you know, not to say that it wasn't just so easy to say no in like a certain situation. But I think I come across like I have a very like don't talk to me attitude, especially in rooms where I feel like there's a lot of men and I could be maybe in a vulnerable situation to where I put up like just such a guard and unless it was, you know, out of my control. I'm very good at like kind of sensing something a little bit off and being like, you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you trust your gun?
Speaker 5: Yeah I do, and yeah, willing to walk away, which is huge for actors, especially not being born here and moving here and like, I got to prove myself very intimidating. Yes, it's like you can easily purposefully overlook things and be like, Okay, I didn't see that. Just keep trucking along because I've got to get this role, and or.
Speaker 1: Your dreams are so big and you don't want anything to stand in the way. It does, it gets you know, I'm not blind to it. But I going back to your twenty seven year old boyfriend, I can just imagine your big Texas dad wanting to behead him.
Speaker 3: Oh but I didn't tell him that I was dating.
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm sure he doesn't listen to the Give Them Laila podcast. I don't think he would be hunting him down anytime.
Speaker 2: I mean he knows now we have a very honest, open relationship. I mean there's really not much he can do now that I pay my own bill. Money used to be like something that he could be like, oh, I'm taking that away, or like you can't have your phone, But now it's like we're friends, Like I'll let you know. He just I had a tracker. Oh I did, though have a tracker on my phone in my par when I first.
Speaker 3: Moved out here for the first two years.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would. Also I would do that to my daughter Ocean.
Speaker 5: Well there's the Apple tracker, thinks now.
Speaker 4: But I am so fascinated in the fact.
Speaker 5: So you are you're optioning or you've already optioned, and you're producing the unraveling of Cassidy Holmes, Like how did that come about?
Speaker 4: Is that a book you read? And you were like, I have this has to be made?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 5: Is it going to be starring you? Have you not got that far? Like tell us all about that because that's fascinating to me.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So basically my first week on set of The Orville I got called into Fuzzy Door Production's office to talk to the president, Erica Huggins about just like the future like after the show and they have this whole production company. So she was like, basically, what is your dream role if we ever have something come down the line like we would love to work with you afterwards. You've done such a great job in addition to the show whatever.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh my gosh, you've ever been asked like that.
Speaker 2: I'm normally like, can I just please get whatever's on these sides?
Speaker 3: So I really it got me thinking.
Speaker 2: And then shortly after COVID happened, so I'm you know, left with nothing to do but read. And I was thinking, I want to find like a book or just you know, if I ever read something that was really fun, I could I could you know, turn this into something maybe or even just get an idea to bring back.
Speaker 3: To the fuzzy door.
Speaker 2: So I read this book. I was a part of this book of the Month club. It was like new books that would come out, and I was like, I have nothing else to do, so I'm just gonna read this anyway. I read it the authors from Austin, Texas. And this book is basically like all my favorite things. It's like pop in the nineties, like kind of Spice Girls era with all the drama and all the new age stuff of the me too and things like that that are happening nowadays like all.
Speaker 3: In this book.
Speaker 2: And also just a pop star in like Christina Aguilera and like that whole just that whole nineties.
Speaker 3: Two thousands was my jam my vibe.
Speaker 2: So when I read this, I was like, this could totally be made into such a really cool story right now. And yeah, so I optioned the book. I took it to Fuzzy Door. They signed on now have Universal Studios on it, and we have a showrunner and her name was Karen.
Speaker 3: She's do you guys have the song U g l y you ain't gonna yes?
Speaker 2: Of course, So she was the singer of that song and her and it was her and her friend that would go around and sing that song. It was kind of like that, and I think they had a couple others, but that's their most you know, famous one.
Speaker 3: So she's from that era and she was like a pop star in that era.
Speaker 2: And now she's a writer for Universal Studios and she's writing our story.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, I have chills for.
Speaker 2: You, And we have good music coming from Republic Records that's gonna be written. It's all kind of like in the works. But now at this point we are pitching it to different streaming platforms to see like who we are going to go with that's kind of out right now. But yes, I'll be in it. I'm not going to be the main character. I really like I was into another one of the girls in the band. I mean it's kind of an ensoulid cast, but I really like gravitated towards this girl.
Speaker 3: And her name is Rose. That's kind of why I died my hair too.
Speaker 1: I love it. I have to read this book now. I'm a big reader, and I need to read this before your show comes out.
Speaker 3: It's really like easy read. It's one of those that it's just easy to read, like you'll be like, oh my gosh, I'm halfway through.
Speaker 2: But it's it's going to be, you know, like they show any anything that's based off the book, it's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be a little a little changed.
Speaker 5: Because you sing, right, yeah, okay, you're a singer, so will you be singing in this yes.
Speaker 2: But I'm hoping to get like a way like better couple singers to kind of carry me a little bit. We need like a good a really like powerhouse singer and a really great dancer to kind of, you know, ease the the flow of.
Speaker 1: It, all right, bring them on elevate.
Speaker 3: I'm not the best. I'm not like Ariana Grande, which I wish you know, well.
Speaker 1: Who is who is except maybe Mariah Carey, And.
Speaker 2: I want to find one like that that's also you know, good at acting. You know, you have to find within acting, singing and dancing. When you have a group of four girls, like I want to find different qualities that are the best in others or whatever that we can kind of, you know, make it to be a good group.
Speaker 1: So will you be able like when you when you have these these girls audition and you come up with like the final four or however money you'll be watching their tapes. Yeah, oh my god, that's my dream. That's my dream job is to be a casting director.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's so well.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm sure you could go and sit in any casting director session. I mean I used to do that. You could go into a casting director and be like, hey, can.
Speaker 3: I be the reader? Can I be the reader of the casting session?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I would love that, which is wild.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stress. It's make or break. You're putting a character in a role that could completely fuck up the whole show.
Speaker 5: And also I have to say, if I'm an actor and I'm walking into an audition.
Speaker 4: Granted I know they're.
Speaker 5: Mostly on tape, but if you guys are like sitting in a casting session and I have to walk in and I know one of you that's going.
Speaker 4: To add a little pressure to me, I would be nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, definitely, It's.
Speaker 2: Happened to me before. One of my best girlfriends, like was in this one cast. It was like a like a horror movie or something, which are always like the weirdest ones to go into a room because you have to ignore like a half a page of like directions that are happening, or you're being thrown up to the ceiling or like thrown to the wall, and then like still be dramatic.
Speaker 3: And I was so nervous. I completely felt like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I just totally half asked that and did not do well because my best friend was reading with me.
Speaker 3: It was so weird. Didn't book it, did not book that one.
Speaker 1: Not even you can't win them all, you know, you need those humbling moments.
Speaker 3: It was very humbling.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for you and everything you have going on. Where can people watch the Oreville?
Speaker 3: They can watch it? On Hulu. I'm sure you can go and buy it on like iTunes if you want to.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Hulu, let's plug your Instagram too, not like people don't know it, but you have a chic Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's like it is so cool.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I just try to ride a lot of like yeah, not the only model person on Instagram, but yes, I do like love my outfits, and I do love taking photos and I do like posting selfies. But I'm also like a really great actress, so like this is where I want to be high right, look at me if you want to.
Speaker 1: I love it. What's your gram?
Speaker 3: Okay? My Instagram is at Ann Winters.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that because a n N E w I n t r s I go buy Annie.
Speaker 3: But if people are going to look me up and I say Annie, they usually put an I in. So it's just at a n N E Winters.
Speaker 1: Perfect. I love it. Thank you so much for joining me on my podcast today. You're amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much. I had so much fun.
Speaker 1: I had so much fun to congratulations on all of your success.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much,